Actions

Work Header

Tiger's Choice

Chapter 7: Enter the Dragon

Chapter Text

Harry's POV

The six of us grinned like mad dogs as the Great Half erupted into chaos. I knew that most of the students likely disagreed with the Headmaster on this point. To them the Marauders had been nothing more than a myth until Fred and George showed up. Now there was a new group claiming to be the next Marauders this would definitely prove to be an interesting school year. I could feel Severus' eyes burning into my back as I continued to chat with my friends. All of the hall would see what we meant in due time. For now they would have to wait.

After dinner we were going to head to the RoR to discuss plan when a hand wrapped around my bicep stopping me. Looking over I saw Severus who gave me a stern glare with a sigh I nodded to the others to go on without me. Severus pulled me along behind him until we reached his rooms. He growled angrily," What the hell was that Harry? Where did you come up with such a name and why?" Well so much for not making him angry. I said avoiding his angry eyes," I'm sorry sir. I wanted to start a group of only those I trust and well the name just kinda came to me. I want to train them to be the best to eventually face the Dark Lord and have a chance of surviving."

I could tell that that hadn't sated Severus' anger so I continued," I meant what I said back there. No one house will be targeted. They will be pranked equally that includes the teachers." Severus groaned and said," If you prank me you had better not do anything too embarrassing or I'll have you in detentions till you graduate."

I grinned openly knowing that the threat was more for show than anything else. I said giving him an innocent look," Don't go to the great hall on Monday morning then. Unless you want to be wearing red and gold." Severus looked horrified at the thought of wearing Gryffindor colors. I smiled vaguely remembering our plans to make all of the houses wear their rivals colors. It was Friday and I had already completed my weekend homework so I had all weekend to prepare. Severus said sternly," Act like a Slytherin for once Harry and don't get caught."

I gave him a warm smile and said," Already ahead of you on that Severus. What did you think I needed Sirius for?" I watched as he blinked owlishly for a moment before recognition lit his eyes. I could see the gears turning in his mind as he said," Your actions make so much more sense now."

I was about to say something when I felt a powerful ki presence come inside the castle. I straightened as I recognized the ki presence my eyes becoming cold. Severus took a step back flinching at my sudden change in attitude. I said my head tilting to the side listening," Stay here sir. I cannot risk that bastard finding out about you." Before I could turn to go greet the man his hand wrapped around my arm effectively stopping me. He asked carefully gaging my reactions," What's wrong Harry? Don't you dare lie to me either."

With a sigh I said," The Fire Dragon is here to talk to me. If I don't like his answers I'll kill out of revenge for my master's death." With that said I pulled my arm free and stalked out of the hall towards the main entrance. As I suspected the Fire Dragon was waiting for me just outside. I expected him to be angry or his usual pompous self instead I saw untold sadness behind his eyes. I greeted coolly barely masking the venom that threatened to enter my voice with a respectful but short bow," The Tiger greets the Dragon."

He gave a short respectful bow in return as he said," The Dragon in turn greets the Tiger. As requested by the Lightning Tiger the fifth and final Heavenly Ways Master I have presented myself for questions regarding my disciple." I said motioning him to to follow me," This is not the place for such talks. The walls have ears and I would rather not let certain people know this information."

The dragon followed me closely without another word as we took the back way to the RoR. I looked to the others and said," It would be best if we left this for later. I must speak with this man as it is the upmost importance." Without question the group of five Gryffindors left the room only giving me questioning glances. With everyone else gone the room changed to that of a sitting room with comfortable looking chairs. He looked around the room ams whistled in surprise. He asked," What is this place Tiger?"

I said sitting on one of the chairs," Its called the Room of Requirement. All I have to do is think of what I need as I enter the room and it will provide it." There was a slightly insane look in the man's eyes as the wheels turned in his head. I said meeting his gaze," Don't even think about it Dragon."

The man turned his attention back to me as he sat down. I could tell he felt as uncomfortable as I did with him being here. He asked breaking the sudden silence that enveloped us," Why am I here, Tiger?" I explained as much as I could with the damn markings keeping me from explaining entirely. When I was done Dragon looked paler than I had ever seen him. It was obvious this effected him more than just what he was willing to show on the surface. Dragon said," All that's left is you and my disciple then. He still counts even though he chose another path after six months of training? "

I rubbed my hand over my face and said," Yeah each of us now have a Celtic band across our left wrist of different colors. If you can I would like to meet with your disciple. Only together would we have a chance at opposing the other three. You personally have already seen how far he is willing to go to capture one of us." At his confused glance I said rolling my eyes," The bounty you idiot."

Comprehension dawned on his face and I thought sarcastically,: Still as quick as ever Dragon. Some things never change.: That brought up painful memories of my master who had been dead less than a month. Merlin it hurt to think of him. Dragon said noticing the pain," I'll give you the boy's name. Well I guess he's a man now. Charlie Weasley..." I choked at the last name. Of all the families it had to be a Weasley."

Series this work belongs to: