Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2016-05-13
Updated:
2024-02-04
Words:
30,078
Chapters:
12/?
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
697

Star Spangled Skull

Summary:

Directly following the action of Captain America : Civil War, an American magnate, Dell Rusk, bankrolls the U.S. government emergency response to the criminal departure of the Avengers.

Chapter 1: Prologue : The Red Skull Rebrands

Summary:

Herr Schmidt's back from his cubic trip, and he has a plan. Whim_Wham felt that his MCU movie fate was too banal for such a colourful figure.

Chapter Text

The bottle spilled a pinwheel of schnapps as it fell into the dark depths of the facility. The black armour, more than a little suggestive of antique plate mail, cocked its head at the faint splintering of glass far below as the shorter, feminine armoured figure by his side handed over a remote control featuring a glowing red button.

“Ah, it ist gut to be back from Valhalla!”

He brought a gauntleted fist down on the button. The facility began to wake from its long slumber. Lights, long dormant, stuttered back to lit life ; and machinery grumbled and fumed to action after seventy five years of inactivity.

The larger of the two armoured figures raised its faceplate, the Red Skull within smiling, hugely. He played with a tiny device clamped to his throat.

His voice registered the twangs and beats of an Alabama accent : “It’s time for us to become ‘Merican, Blaze, ma dear, and fight the good fight!”

He toggled the emergency release switch on his Auslander armour ; the panoply fell away, the helmet joining the bottle far below on the concrete factory floor : and apart from the red skull, he was dapper in a three piece sharkskin suit.

Hartsblud watched her chief with a wary Germanic ardor. He wasn’t exactly the same man who had literally vanished into Asgard five years previously. He seemed happier, and had been, over the week since he had re-recruited her, not at all his old, volatile self. With the forbidding and terrifying aspects seemingly gone, she had discovered that she was falling for Der Boss, even if she was very dubious about what it was that she knew of his newest plan.

She clicked her armoured heels, and, much more for her new feelings for him than for what he proposed, she enthusiastically cried ; “Ja, mein Chef!”

Johann Schmidt raised a bony brow at his chief crony’s performance.

Hartsblud raised her beaver, her forehead scrunched above thought narrowed pale blue eyes ; and scrambled together her best English approximation : “Uh…yes, my war chief!”

The Red Skull laughed aloud, rested a large, red hand atop the twenty point rack atop Hartsblud's helmet.

“Close enough, mein kleiner soldat!1 There’ll be plenty of time for you to perfect your new amerikanisch.” The Alabama twanged German words for ‘my little soldier’ sounded great to the ears of the besotted Blud.

The onetime cipher clerk for the German High Command thrilled to herself, He’s never called me that before! Does he…

Johann Schmidt united his twang and his vocabulary : “Fire up the factory, sweetie ; we’ve got a country to protect from all sorts of riffraff!

“Ja…I mean, yes, my liege!” She clicked her heels, jumped into the hole ; flared her flight system to blaze into the guts of what had been a World War Two Hydra production facility.

*************

1 German : my little soldier