Actions

Work Header

Under Cherry Blossoms

Summary:

Laughter is not a crime for a human being.

Series of short ficlets. Not chronological. A sort of prequel / midquel/sequel/AU!quel ( as there's no single word for that sort of thing yet;) ) to Außer Antwort, now that I think of it. I'll usually say in chapter names which verse (canonish or Begleiter) they're from, if I don't, they're from canonish 07G.

Next chapter: in May.

Notes:

A/N: I am going to update "Fell on your Gravesite" every Friday, so that doesn't change. But while I'm gonna write that long Yukinami future AU fic, I also want to write some short ficlets, at random times, about my Yukikaze and his king, maybe with a sprinkle of other Black Hawks and other characters, too.

Not chronological by any means. Also, it's probably be gonna about various lives, canonical and noncanical both, some inspired by Battle Rabbits (inspired only! I've only read first four chapters, so I know nothing, really), some inspired by 07-Ghosts, and some inspired by Begleiter. Anyway, saying my Yukikaze - that's because that's my 90% headcanon Kaze whom I rp.

Rated R in some chapters, but not in first ones.

Chapter 1: 07G - Made of Life // The Litany of Hers (1)

Chapter Text

#1 - Made of Life

"Laughter is not a crime for a human being."

The boy - twelve years old now - looked up, surprised, at his seemingly three years younger charge, or rather, master, third Prince of Raggs Royal Family.

"I don't understand," Yukikaze muttered. "I was asleep, go back to sleep and stop bothering me, beloved Krowell-sama. 'gnight. Or should I sleep with you like a teddy zile?"

Krowell-sama had no teddy hawkziles, a fact of which both boys were perfectly aware. But Yukikaze was never a morning person... a morning human being... whatever.

"You had dreams," Krowell continued, with an air of stiffled and bored fascination that Yukikaze came to know and regard with painful fondness. If Krowell-sama's soul was behind some steep wall, and somebody said that, Yukikaze wouldn't have been shocked. Instead, he'd have said 'okay, give me the tools' and would start digging into said wall, out of sheer fascination. Or was it that icky 'love' feeling that his mother warned him to never ever feel, or he'd be doomed to Hell?

Whatever, 'Hell' sounded great right now, if Krowell was there. 'Nothingness' or 'ashes' or 'brimstone', sounded not so bad in Krowell's company, too.

"I had dreams," Yukikaze admitted, restraining himself from yawning in his Prince's presence. "Dreams are not a crime for a human being."

"Laughter is not a crime for a human being," Krowell repeated, almost lazily, with that bored locked-in look in his eyes still, before dozing off.

Full of sudden rage, not knowing whether he wanted to murder Krowell or kiss him, Yukikaze did what could cause him to be fired - shook his Prince awake, violenty, almost breaking his arm in the process.

"What did you say?! Dare you to repeat it, Krowell-kisama?! In God's name, I dare you! I'll kill you!"

Kromwell yawned and opened his eyes slowly, and Yukikaze thought, that for the first time, he saw a flicker of life there instead of some nonexistent wall, but that was an illusion, certainly.

"Your litany is boring, Yukikaze. It bores me, so I'm changing it. You said in your dream 'I want to laugh. I want to yell.' So, I'm bored now. Yelling is not a crime for a human being, Kaze."

Yukikaze let go of his Prince and stormed out of his Prince's bedroom. Screaming, screaming until his throat was raw and maybe even then. And then, he sobbed. He didn't know he had so many tears. How could he? How come they were still streaming when the sun slowly rose up in the sky?

Were human beings made of tears? He never knew. He had no idea. Oh, he should tell Krowell-sama! If the Prince was awake already, that is. It would be so rude to wake his Prince up for no reason.

Human beings... were made of tears. Maybe, just maybe, he'd keep that a secret from his Prince for a few days. Or maybe, everyone already knew that, and he was just stupid, for a teenager, for an almost adult. Wait... yesterday, Krowell-sama said "Your soul pretends to have been crushed under a guillotine and dead. It's good at pretending, but I'll make it reveal itself. You won't dare stop me, because you're honest to the core. And it's too boring, otherwise." Was this... was this what he meant?! Cruel, cruel, cruel, cruel. He'd never serve such a cruel King. Going around, poking at his soul like at a frog in a laboratory. Cruel. Just too cruel. He hated this, this, this was too much of a cruelty. Why would Yukikaze want to have 'feelings'? What if they made him fall? So, why,why,why, why?! Too cruel.