Actions

Work Header

Camaraderie

Chapter 20

Summary:

a bit of an epilogue...we leave the boys in their natural habitat...a crime scene, obviously...

Chapter Text

"Oh, God," sighed Donovan. "Did you have to call in the lovebirds on this one? I mean seriously, why can't they just get married and be miserable like the rest of you..."

Lestrade laughed. It had been a little over a year since Sherlock had met John. Now that the honeymoon was over, John would meet him for a pint when Sherlock was lost in an experiment, or just when he needed a break from the flat. The last time they met to watch a match, his phone buzzed, John's eyes lit up, and he shook his head. "The idiot needs more milk. Even after a year, I have no idea what he does with it all..." He finished his pint, threw down his share and said good night. As John left, Lestrade overheard him on his phone, "yes, love, on my way home...milk, biscuits and two gallons of bleach? What did you do this time? Never mind...yeah. Yes..I love you...no...I love you more, yes, even when you...what...again? No, it's fine, yes, you like me in the blue one more any way, I know...home soon..."

As usual, the 'lovebirds' were bickering over something as John paid off the cabbie and stomped after the detective. "I just don't understand why..."

"Lestrade? You said you had an 8, where is it?"

"Good morning to you too, Sherlock- John- how're things?"

"Fabulous...another jumper...ah...never mind..."

"John! Tell me what you think, it's almost like the other three, but something isn't quite right..."

"Coming..."

Series this work belongs to: