Actions

Work Header

Don't Let Go

Chapter 11

Notes:

Sorry this is super short, and that I haven't updated in a while. My quarter just ended and I haven't had much time to write stuff other than school papers. In other news, who here is absolutely OBSESSED with Hamilton??? There may be a Hamilton fic on the way, you guys. Just you wait.

Chapter Text

Mitch’s eyes fluttered open, a headache pounding at his temples, disoriented. His throat was burning and he reached out his hand blindly, feeling for water, when his hand was grabbed tightly. Every muscle in his body tensed, his hand lashed out and grabbed something hard, which he then used to swing at whoever was grabbing him. His heart was pounding in his ears and his breath was coming quickly. Whatever he was holding hit the person’s hand and the person lept away, swearing loudly in Spanish.

 

“Dios maldita sea! Que demonios?! Meirda! Ow! Mitch, what was that?!” As Mitch’s vision swam into focus, he looked to the side and saw Lucia Barba standing next to him.

 

“Oh, Lucia, I’m so sorry! I just...I freaked out. I’m sorry!”

 

“Oh, Mitchy. It’s fine. Are you alright?” Mitch nodded.

 

“Lucia, you didn’t have to visit.”

 

“Yes, I did. You’re practically my son-in-law by now, and you make Rafi happy, so of course I came to see you.” Tears sprang into Mitch’s eyes at those words.

 

“Thank you so much,” he said. Lucia smiled and kissed him on the head.

 

“Where’s Rafael?” Lucia asked. “I thought he’d be by your side every moment of the day.”

 

“He went to come out to his squad,” Mitch said, his voice betraying worry for the love of his life. Lucia’s eyes widened, fear filling them to the bursting point.

 

“Oh, god.”