Actions

Work Header

Don't Let Go

Summary:

Rafael Barba's boyfriend, Mitch Grassi, is attacked and raped on the streets on New York. Rafael and the rest of the band try to manage while Rafael attempts to hide his relationship with Mitch from the SVU squad. Meanwhile, the squad is dealing with frequent attacks on openly gay celebrities.

Chapter 1: Introduction

Chapter Text

Mitch stared at his drink, contemplating the events of that afternoon. He didn't have the courage to go home. A tear slipped down his cheek at the thought of what he had done.

 

"Hey, Mitchy! What's up?" Asked a girl, sitting next to him and smiling.

 

"Nothing, Raina. How's Lizzy?"

 

"Oh, she's great. She's growing so fast, I can't believe it!"

 

"Well, that's what kids do." Mitch nodded to the bartender to give him another drink. As it was given to him, a thought struck him. "Oh, I have to get home. My boyfriend is waiting and I'm already in enough trouble as it is. Can't be late." Raina nodded and Mitch stood from the bar, quickly paying his tab. He wasn't drunk, but he was a little tipsy. He made his way to the door and started walking home. He pulled out his cellphone.

 

"Hey, honey...yeah, I'm heading home now...about 10 minutes...I'll see you soon, babe...love you too. Bye!" Mitch hung up and slipped to phone in his pocket. For the first time that day, he truly smiled, thinking about how lucky he was to have such an amazing partner. Understanding and sweet and-he was hit in the head with a blunt object. All he heard before he blacked out was

"This is what you get for being a fag."