Actions

Work Header

Every Word is For You AKA The Book Affair

Chapter 2: Views and Karaoke

Summary:

Wille and Simon have to share a room and have a fun night of karaoke.

Wille took in Simon, standing in front of him, with a half-smile, looking at him with such hope that booking some activities for them would change the awkwardness of the situation they were in. His eyebrow raised and looking so cutely at Wille, that this would make up for the accommodation mix up. And who was Wille kidding, it worked a treat on him.

“Let’s see the room then – I am sure we can make do for a few days” Wille smiled back at Simon

Notes:

Hope you enjoy

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Wille took in Simon, standing in front of him, with a half-smile, looking at him with such hope that booking some activities for them would change the awkwardness of the situation they were in.  His  eyebrow raised and looking so cutely at Wille,  that this would make up for the accommodation mix up.  And who was Wille kidding, it worked a treat on him.

“Let’s see the room then – I am sure we can make do for a few days” Wille smiled back at Simon

“They said if anyone leaves early or if they have any rooms that become available they will let us know straight away…. They were really sorry about it and I could not get mad at the girl at reception she seemed to genuinely sorry…and she is going to send us a few treats as compensation and I told her not to be worrying and to update us if anything became available” Simon nervously rambled on.

Simon really is too sweet and nice Wille thought to himself, as he got up from the chair he was sitting in and he had no doubt Simon probably apologised for needing the two rooms in the first place.

“I would let either of you share with me but Rosh is joining me later tonight” Felice chimed in with a wink “And I cannot stand in the way of a hook up” she continued, giggling, as Wille turned bright red and wished the ground would swallow him up because, as much as he loved Felice dearly, she was very blunt, and the double entendre was clear to everyone.

Wille risked a quick glance at Simon, whose cheeks seemed to have a little pink tinge to them too, as Simon said,

“Sure we will head anyway and get settled if that is ok with you Wille?”

“Yeah, lets”

“Oh yes lets…I think I actually need a lie down before tonight’s karaoke anyway…the champagne at this altitude is going straight to my head” Felice joined in, standing up and hooking her arm in Wille’s as they all headed for the lift.

They headed up to their rooms, Felice chattering away to Simon about what duets they could sing tonight and Simon talking as excitedly back at her.

“This is me” Felice chimed and she leaned in and gave both boys a kiss on the cheek, and got out on the second floor “Text me when you are heading for dinner before karaoke… There are no talks or seminars tonight… it is meant to be a get to know you and start to relax kinda night so be ready to party” And off she sauntered, half dancing down the hallway towards her room.

The lift doors closed and Wille and Simon were left alone.  It suddenly hit Wille that this was the first time they were alone together in two years, probably in fact since the last time they were alone together was in this very lift together.  He felt himself heat at the thoughts of that weekend and with the thoughts of passion they shared,  he was sure Simon would hear his thudding heart and read his mind, remembering the heated and blissful nights they spent together.

Pull yourself together Wille, he chastised himself.  You can do this.  There is no electric currant in this elevator, it is just you feeling those sparks and tension.  Simon was young and having fun and you have done that… he reminded himself. 

Wille kept his eyes firmly on the floor, because looking up he would see Simon a thousand times in the mirrored reflections of them together, and at this moment in time as he tried to calm his racing mind and heart he did not need an image of them adding to his thoughts.  He could hear Simon talking to him, and realised he had not been listening and Simon was asking him a question,

“Do you want to do it together, do you think it is a good idea, it could be fun?” Wille heard Simon say

Wille panicked and agreed immediately, not wanting to seem like a boss/grumpy killjoy type figure by saying no, and because Fuck it, he was away on what was meant to be a fun weekend and he really wanted to let loose and have pleasure.   Damn Felice’s infectious joy he thought, and not knowing what he was agreeing to he replied,

“I am up for it if you are?” Hoping he had not agree to anything too bad, and trying to stop his mind running away with the thought of what he would like to do together with Simon.  He also realised it would not matter what Simon asked him, because simp that he still was for him, Wille would probably agree.

“That is great Wille, I cannot wait” Simon beamed at him, touching Wille’s arm and causing his heart rate to spike again, “I was thinking ‘You’re the One That’s I Want’ from Grease or else Sonny and Cher’s ‘I Got You Babe’

Fuck, not karaoke, how did he not see that coming, he was just talking about songs with Felice, how would he not be asking Wille about it and being the mature one in this dynamic and making small talk instead of thinking of all the ways Simon moaned his name two years ago.  This what he deserved for letting his mind wander and all Wille could add to their conversation, as they got out of the elevator on the fifth and top floor was, “I am not the greatest singer though so be prepared and you can pick whatever you like for the song – I will be terrible anyway” smiling shyly at Simon as they made their way to their room.

Simon continued on chatting to Wille, so friendly and excitable and Wille felt bad about all the times he had thought and said mean things about him.  He knew it was out of hurt, and the fact that he really did wish something more could have come out of their previous weekend together.  But Felice was right – he was young and having fun and neither of them owed the other anything.  And in fairness to Simon, they did not discuss getting together when they got back to Stockholm.  Wille remembers that clearly.  He wanted to ask Simon if he wanted to get dinner and could have his personal phone number but shyness got the better of him and he figured if Simon really liked him he would ask for his number or a date.  Looking back now Wille could see, even as the older of the two men, he was definitely the more immature and he had to let it go.  Simon was a great guy and could be a really good friend and Wille decided he was going to be more open and honest with Simon.

Simon opened the door and stepped back to let Wille enter the room first and the first thing he noticed was the view, something about it made him feel so connected to this place, almost like he had come home and his heart and head felt such peace and love, it was a surreal moment for Wille and it was like the view affected him on some other spiritual level he could not even understand himself.  They could see for miles over the lake towards the mountains and it was one of the best views Wille had ever seen.  This was certainly a nicer room than the ones he had previously stayed in at this hotel thought to himself as he heard the door close and Simon walk closer up behind him.

“Wow, That is spectacular. Wille, it is like exactly like the view you described in ‘Rise of the Nordic Sun’ when Karl tells Peter he loves him before he heads off to battle.  The way the mountain is reflecting in the lake and the colours are how I always imagined that scene in my head” Simon said with such reverence to Wille, and Wille could not help but turn and stare open mouthed between Simon and the view, because he was exactly right, it was exactly how he imagined it too and that is why he felt such a connection to the view.  How did Simon see that before he did.

“I I …I am a little speechless but thank you Simon, I see it too.  I am not going to lie I am a little overwhelmed here” Wille stammered

Suddenly he felt Simon step in front of him with open arms, waiting for permission and Wille nodded as Simon closed the gap and wrapped Wille in a hug that felt so powerful and comforting that Wille hugged him back as he eyes roamed over the view and he felt that if he died right now he would die happy.  The fact he wrote the book before he ever visited here and had never seen the view and to see an image in real life you have only ever imagined was potent, but the most beautiful and overwhelming part of it all was Simon visualised exactly what he had written, in such a specific way that he instantly recognised it, even before Wille did.  Wille knew then he was so utterly fucked.

Wille had never really stopped liking Simon, he was kind and pretty and sexy, even if he tried to deny it.  This stirred something in Wille’s soul.  It was almost a thought he was scared to think but to Wille in that moment he felt like his and Simon’s minds and souls were connected in such a way that Simon was the only man Wille could ever be with.

Wille was in love with Simon’s entire being and essence and now he had to spend the next four days in the same bed and company.  This was wonderful in one way because Wille knew he was going to feel bereft the next time he would have to part from Simon and he could and would enjoy his company but Wille realised deep down, as sweet and kind as Simon would be to him, he would never feel the same way about him.

 

 

Simon and Wille’s embrace ended and Simon said he was going to have a shower and freshen up for dinner.  Simon of course ever the gentleman offered Wille to shower first but Wille said he still needed a minute, and he did for many reasons.

Wille lay on the bed, glancing at the view and then around the room.  It was not a massive room but the view made the room feel bigger.  Wille did some mindfulness to try and steady and collect himself and had finished and was just taking out his phone to scroll when Simon walked out of the en suite with a towel hanging dangerously low around his hips, and his hair still damps cause little droplets of water to trickle down his toned body.  Wille tried not to stare but Simon was beautiful.

“Sorry Wille, you can go ahead now lost track of time” Simon said so casually not caring that he was half naked in the room with Wille, but Wille supposed he had seen him naked before and maybe Simon was one of those people that are very comfortable with their bodies and being naked, so trying not to gawp Wille jumped up from the bed and past Simon and into the bathroom.

Wille showered and headed in to the room to get dressed, he noticed Simon sitting in the chair by the table at the window, still in his towel just staring out at the view and contentedly smiling to himself.  He turned to Wille and paused as if he was going to say something important, but he then seemed to change his mind, and a flash of something seemed to pass over his face, as he croakily said, “We would need to get dressed I suppose”.

Wille wanted to ask him what he was going to say and what was he thinking but followed Simons lead and got dressed.  He wondered if Simon wanted to talk about their history so Wille decided he would try and talk to Simon at some point over this trip and apologise for his being distant with him since their tryst two years ago, because he knew in his heart, he felt it that Simon wanted to bring it up in that moment.  Or maybe it was Wille’s guilty conscious making him think this but either way he knew he needed to talk to Simon about it.

Eventually the two were dressed and ready for dinner.  Wille had texted Felice and they headed to her room to go to dinner together.

Dinner was wonderful, the food delicious and drinks flowed as they  all laughed and joked. Talking about fellow authors and new books and Simon stopped suddenly and went

“Omg Felice, how could we forget to tell you, aw Wille we should have made her come up to our room before it got dark…. we have to show you our view tomorrow.  It is Wille’s book in real life.  I mean I walked in and it was like I was standing in ‘Rise of the Nordic Sun’.  I mean it is exactly how I picture the scene in my head…and Wille if is ever gets made into a tv show or film, you have to make sure they film it here….”

Simon continued to passionately rave about every detail of the view, ever the writer, in his vivid descriptions and smiling at Felice as he gently kept touching Wille’s arm, looking Wille to agree.  Wille’s mind raced with the affection in these touches, and Simon’s passion about his favourite piece of his own work, and especially his use of “our room” and “we” when talking about himself and Wille as if they were a couple.

Dinner eventually moved to the karaoke room and Simon and Felice were beyond excited.  Wille was decidedly not so enthusiastic, but a few drinks and his friends infectious company meant he was really enjoying the night.  Rosh eventually made it and joined them.  Felice and Simon singing two duets, Felice and Rosh singing and Felice and Simon doing solos, and Wille was hoping he might have escaped having to duet when Simon grabbed his hand, and said it was their turn.  SO pushed and goaded by Rosh and Felice, Wille and Simon sang ‘You’re the One That I want’.

Wille starting with the lines,

I got chills, they're multiplying
And I'm losing control
'Cause the power you're supplying
It's electrifying

And thinking they could not be more accurate.  Simon joined in for the Sandie parts and danced up along Wille reignited the chills and electricity, Wille thought.

Simon then sang,

If you're filled with affection
You're too shy to convey
Better take my direction
Feel your way

As Simon sang he put his hand on Wille’s chest and looked him right in the eyes, and as he sang he dragged his hand down Wille’s chest and pulled him flush against his body and if it was not for the roaring of the crowd somewhere in his distance, for a moment Wille felt like it was just the two of them in the room.   Wille felt like reaching down and taking Simon’s face in his hands and kissing him.

All to soon, Simon turned away from Wille as they moved to the course of the song and he turned round and walked back towards Wille, like in the film and Wille was so aroused by Simon it took all his will power not to drop their mics and carry Simon up to their room to bed.

The song ended and Simon took Wille’s hand again, which was not needed but Wille loved, as they made their way back to their table.

Felice and Rosh screamed at how good they were, and Simon gently nudged him and whispered in to his ear,

“You are actually quite good you know”

Wille blushed and Felice suddenly shouted over the noise to them, “Bed now I think”

The two boys looking over at Felice and Rosh, and if Wille was not mistaken, Simon was looking exceptionally flushed, and started to laugh as he realised Felice meant her and Rosh.

“You want to go to bed Wille” Simon winked and laughed, and he took Wille’s hand as the four of them headed to their rooms, giggling at each other and pretending to try and be quite.

Alone in the lift Simon turned to Wille and said “I know we have both had a drink, but I am not drunk drunk, but I need you to know, I never regretted anything that happened between us”

Simon took Wille by the hand, and Wille’s mind raced…. He wanted this, he wanted Simon so badly but both of them knew they had too much to drink, and Wille could not bear hooking up with Simon, only for him to regret it in the morning.

They entered the room and as Wille turned to Simon to speak, Simon placed a finger over his lips, as if to shush him.

“I know what you are going to say and are thinking, at least I hope I do or I am going to look like such an idiot, but I want you to know I think they same thing, so we will talk tomorrow.”

Simon stripped off his clothes to his boxers, letting his clothes fall to the floor where he stood and climbed in to the bed, reaching his hand for Wille to follow, and he did.

 

He fell asleep next to Simon, arms and legs intertwined.

The sun rising through the window caused Wille to slowly wake up and he found Simon sitting up looking a pale,

“Wille I am feeling a little sick….how much did I drink… I do not remember a thing after dinner.”

Wille’s heart sunk but he realised that he was so glad nothing had happened because he would want Simon to remember and not regret anything they would have together.

So Wille got up and went and got a cold cloth for Simon’s head, some tablets and a glass of water and one of orange juice from the mini bar, closed the curtains and  got Simon to lie down and try and get some rest as it was still early.  As Wille gently caressed Simon’s arm, coaxing him back to sleep Simon whispered “Thank you Wille”

And Wille sadly smiled as he knew he would always want to look after Simon, and maybe it was just not meant to be.

Notes:

Comments and Kudos Welcome