Actions

Work Header

Complications Later, Cuddles Now

Summary:

Kala is stressed over Wolfgang and everyone is worried about her. So, Riley helps her relax.

Notes:

Wowwwww… Two fics in two days? That’s crazy. Anyway, uh, this got angstier and angstier as I went on but we got to the smut eventually and then of course the angst snuck back in at the end (sneaky angst). But it’s here so I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think and if there are any mistakes!

Work Text:

Prompt: First Time

 


 

“I am well aware of how much needs to be in the syringe! In fact, all of you would have a lot harder go of all this without me! So, excuse me if we have to do multiple prescriptions more often than you’d like in order to keep that- that psychopath under our control! Here,” Kala’s voice dripped with anger as she shoved yet another prescription in Capheus’ chest. She gave one last glare towards Capheus before whipping herself around to storm towards her room, slamming the doors behind her.

 

Riley looked to where she last saw Kala before looking at Capheus then Will, who just gave her a nod. With that, she was off to the kitchen to grab a couple of waters and granola bars before she went to Kala’s bedroom doors. She took a couple of breaths and opened the doors, closing them behind her.

 

“I would rather be left alone right now. Before I snap at anyone else,” Kala whispered from her criss-cross position on the bed, leaving her tear-filled eyes closed.

 

“I understand but I don’t think being alone will fix that. I’ll be quiet if you want,” Riley kept her voice low as she carefully climbed onto the bed in front of Kala, matching her position and holding a water and granola out to her. “Here, this might help. I haven’t seen or heard you eating since breakfast.”

 

Kala sniffed before opening her eyes, looking at Riley for a moment until she grabbed the drink and food. “Thank you. Ugh, it has been awhile since I’ve eaten.” Kala gave a small smile as she opened the granola bar, taking a bite out of it with a hum of satisfaction.

 

“It is two in the afternoon,” Riley huffed a laugh at the immediate change in her cluster mate at the taste of food. “We’ll get more food in you later. I think Capheus is gonna pick something up on his way back from getting the prescription.”

 

Kala’s head fell as she stopped chewing, trying desperately to not let her tears fall at the thought of her snapping at Capheus. “Capheus… I- I didn’t mean to… I was just stressed and I-”

 

Riley shook her head and took one of Kala’s hands in hers, the other going to lift the pharmacist’s head up to look her in the eye, her heart breaking at the sadness in them. “Kala, it’s alright. Well, it’s not but Capheus, all of us, know what kind of strain this is putting on you. Especially me. When Will was fighting so hard but in such a bad condition, and when his father… I know what you’re going through, you aren’t alone.” Riley paused to wipe a stray tear from Kala’s face, giving her a small smile. “And you know Capheus doesn’t hold a grudge like that, especially when he knows why you snapped. You can talk to him later and apologize. Okay?”

 

Kala took a deep breath and nodded, pressing her face into Riley’s palm. “Thank you, Riley. I needed that. Needed this. It helps knowing that you understand.”

 

“Of course. Now,” Riley paused to give Kala a wicked smile, “You want me to help you relax now or later?”

 

“What do you mean? You’ve already helped.”

 

“You know, give you some stress relief…” Riley trailed off as she looked down towards Kala’s nether regions and then back up at her eyes, her smile growing as she saw recognition in the woman’s eyes. “Only if you want to.”

 

“Uh, I… I haven’t, well, you know, done anything before. Not in person at least. Just when we were visiting,” Kala stuttered, feeling heat rise to her cheeks and somewhere lower. The emotional change gave her whiplash, going from rage to guilt-ridden to sad and now lust. Well, and slight embarrassment at the memory of her and Rajan’s birthday sex gone wrong incident.

 

“I know and I understand if you’d like to save it for Rajan or Wolfgang. But it can help, a lot , to calm you down and release stress. And I’m more than willing to give it,” Riley offered, rubbing her thumb against Kala’s cheek.

 

Normally, Kala would think about it more but right now, her body was making the decisions. “What… What would we do?”

 

“Is that a yes?” Riley paused until Kala nodded before giving a sly smile at her, “Anything you like.”

 

Kala blushed harder and moved to place her water and wrapper on the side table, grabbing Riley’s to do the same. By the time she turned around, Riley already had her shirt off, leaving her in a black bra and gray sweatpants. Kala could do nothing but stare and do her best impression of a tomato as her body went hot.

 

Riley laughed, “Come on, you’ve seen me naked before.”

 

“Yes, but… Um, it’s different with you really right in front of me and so…”

 

“So…?”

 

“Gorgeous.”

 

It was Riley’s turn to blush, letting Kala gaze at her for another moment or two before she let her hands drift to the bottom of Kala’s tank top. “May I?” Kala only nodded and lifted her arms up, watching Riley fling her shirt to the side before placing her hands on Kala’s waist. “Have you figured out what you want yet?”

 

“Truthfully, I haven’t been doing much thinking.” Kala blushed with the admission and the feeling of Riley’s hands moving up to fondle her breasts through her bra. Not knowing what to do with her hands, Kala just let them rest at her sides. “That and I wouldn’t know what to think or want.”

 

“You can touch me too, you know.” Riley smiled as she guided Kala’s hands to her shoulders and neck before returning her own to where they were. “And how about I eat you out? How does that sound?”

 

Kala’s breath stuttered in her chest and her mouth went dry at the thought, rubbing her legs together. “Y- Yes, that- that sounds amazing.”

 

“Yeah?” Riley smiled at that, moving closer to get at the clasp of Kala’s bra, “May I take this off?”

 

“You can do anything you want,” Kala muttered as she pressed her legs together tightly to try and relieve some of the pressure but it wasn’t enough, the disappointment bringing a whine out of her.

 

Grinning at how overtaken by lust her friend was, Riley undid the clasp and flung the bra in the direction she threw Kala’s shirt in. “Lay down on your back for me,” Riley ordered as she moved to the side, biting her lip at the displeased sound she received. “Just giving you room.”

 

Kala did as she was told, taking her pants and underwear off completely and shoving them to the ground. “Please, Riley.”

 

“Shh, shh… I’ve got you,” Riley comforted as she took her pants off, leaving her underwear and climbed between Kala’s legs. Leaning down, Riley began kissing and licking at Kala’s breasts, enjoying every sound coming from the woman below her. “You know, normally I would drag this out but you’re already so worked up and desperate. Can’t let you suffer anymore, can I? That’d defeat the whole purpose of this, huh?”

 

“Please, please, oh . Riley, I’m so hot, I need- need something. Anything!” Kala begged, arching her hips to find some sort of friction with no success. Luckily, Riley isn’t in the teasing mood as she slides a hand to press against Kala’s heat, giving her something to rut against. “Yes! Oh, yes, please…”

 

Riley continues to kiss and lick, nip and bite her way downward before she finally lands where Kala wants her most. Moving her fingers through Kala’s slick, Riley uses her spare arm to lay over the woman’s hips to keep them in place as she leans in to lick at Kala’s clit. As predicted, Kala yelps and her hips try to fly off the bed but Riley holds them down, internally grinning.

 

“Riley! Riley, please… I think I’m– oh shit –close,” Kala warns, trying to keep her body still despite the overwhelming pleasure racing through it, coming to build in her lower belly. She’d be embarrassed too at how fast she’s flying towards her orgasm if her brain weren’t simultaneously shutting down and firing faster than she could comprehend. “Oh, please, please, please! Don’t stop! Riley!”

 

Taking the encouragement and running with it, Riley began sucking on and around Kala’s clit. Sliding a finger inside and aiming directly for that wondrous bundle of nerves, Riley looked up to see Kala’s facial expression for when she hit it. There.

 

Kala’s mouth opened in a silent scream as she came, her back arching and head thrown back. Riley kept giving soft licks to her clit as she eased her finger out, listening to Kala’s whimpers as she came down before lifting her head. Gazing up at the blissed out woman, a smile grew on Riley’s face before she asked, “Good?”

 

Kala only gave a breathless laugh as she opened her eyes to look down at Riley, “Wolfgang’s going to have a rough time beating that.”

 

Riley laughed and climbed up to sit next to Kala, reaching over to grab a few tissues to wipe her face off and then moving to clean Kala up as much as she could. She apologized as Kala winced at the sensitivity, tossing the tissues into the trash can next to the bed before laying down next to the now visibly relaxed woman. Propping her head on her arm, she looked down at Kala and she couldn’t help but ask, “And what about Rajan? I mean, Wolfgang probably has more experience but…”

 

“Ugh, I thought afterglow was a must after sex and you’re ruining it,” Kala pouted as she brought her hands up to cover her face.

 

“You’re right but I also think you mean ‘aftercare’. And I’m sorry but it is a thing that needs to be sorted out,” Riley explained, getting up to grab their waters and granola bar, handing Kala her water and granola bar. Before Kala could argue, Riley said, “Take it, you need it more than I.”

 

“Thank you. And that is what I meant,” Kala left it at that as she opened and began eating her second granola bar, enjoying the still cool water bottle leaning on her side. Not saying anything, she watched Riley walk around the bed and climb back in, laying her arm over Kala’s waist to rub at her side. With a sigh, Kala continued, “I truly have no idea what I’m going to do with the whole Rajan-Wolfgang situation. I mean, I love Wolfgang, I do but I don’t want to break Rajan’s heart either. He’s still a good man and he loves me very much and here I am, lying to him about something… integral to who I am, to what I am. Ugh, it’s all such a mess.”

 

“This kind of isn’t my territory since Will is in our cluster but I’m sure that you’ll figure it out eventually. And once we get Wolfgang back, maybe you two and Rajan can talk it out.”

 

“I really do have to tell him everything, don’t I? He’s going to think I’m insane.” Kala tossed her wrapper to the bedside table, sighing as it fell to the floor.

 

“Hey, breathe or I’ll give them a higher bar to pass,” Riley semi-teased, smiling at the blush on Kala’s face. “You’re supposed to be relaxed so how about we cuddle until someone comes to tell us there’s food? You’ll figure out the complicated stuff later.”

 

Kala took a few breaths before nodding, “Yes. Complications later, cuddles now.”

 

Riley smiled and moved closer to press her body against Kala, wrapping her other arm around the woman. Feeling Kala do the same, Riley pressed a kiss to Kala’s skin, repeating, “Complications later, cuddles now.”

Series this work belongs to: