Actions

Work Header

Once Upon A Fall

Summary:

It's my birthday month, so I'm doing a series of connected one shots for fall and Halloween!

Chloe of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir will be in the center as this is part of an alternate universe I want to write (and is in the process of being written). I hope you enjoy!

Notes:

Day 1: Spiders!

Chapter 1: Spiders

Chapter Text

Switching between sips of her hot chocolate and eating a pumpkin breakfast cookie Marlena pre-made the night before, Chloe stopped walking with Sabrina when they heard a scream in the halls of Dupont.

They paused, staring at each other as they waited for the crashes that heralded an akuma. Her brows rose as nothing happened and focused on Sabrina. "I guess as class rep I should check that out," she noted, reluctant. She may hate the class representatives meetings, but she hated dealing with weird stuff more. Hawk Moth made it even worse upon arrival.

Sabrina cast her a sympathetic smile, sliding the folders from Chloe's arms into hers. "Good luck. I'll tell them you're checking on a classmate."

"Thanks," Chloe said, watching her leave with a deadpan expression. Sighing, she ate the rest of her cookie and headed towards the scream. She sipped her drink as she walked. It would be a waste if she let it get cold.

She peeked in the classrooms as she walked, finally coming upon Mendeleiev's and seeing it had an occupant. One that was unleashing a flood of foreign curses while standing on a desk.

Opening the door and cocking her hip against it, she crossed an arm as she held her drink close. "If Mendeleiev were here, she'd be tearing you a new one for standing on her desk, Kim."

The jock jumped and almost slid off. "Wha — Chloe!" Kim looked uncharacteristically flustered, gaze ping-ponging between her and something on the other side of the desk. "Uh."

"Did you scream just now?" She asked, getting straight to the point.

She watched as his face matched his hoodie. He let out a nervous laugh. "Oh, uh. Heh, that's a good question."

Staring at him, watching his gaze bounce between her and whatever he was looking at, made her sigh then walk around to his desk to see what he was staring at. She deadpanned, seeing what was freaking him out.

"A spider?" She looked at him, disbelieving.

He grimaced, face paling. "It's on my workbook!" He tried in a weak voice, wilting beneath her stare.

She pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing. "Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. Hold this." Sliding her cup into his hand, she bent to pick up the workbook. Holding it carefully, she made her way to the window. She had to kick a stool closer to climb it and open a window. Once opened, she shooed the creature off and closed it again. "There. Geez."

Hopping down, she rejoined Kim and switched the workbook for the cup. She took a test sip, scrunched her nose, and popped off the lid to drain the cooling liquid.

"Th-thanks." The odd stutter made her look at him, blinking. The paleness vanished. Now his cheeks were back to being red.

"Don't mention it. Seriously, I think I'm getting hives from helping. Ugh," she huffed and made her way out of the lab. "Bye."

"Bye," came the dazed reply and she tossed him an odd stare. Weirdo.

Hopefully, the rep council let Sabrina present their choice for field trips. They were limited enough thanks to Hawk Moth and she was already done with people.

If there was an akuma at the school, she was going to throw a dictionary at them. She had a new French to Korean dictionary in her bag, she could do it.