Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of What a Woman - The multiverse
Stats:
Published:
2022-09-27
Updated:
2024-01-17
Words:
145,871
Chapters:
33/?
Comments:
41
Kudos:
292
Bookmarks:
28
Hits:
13,614

What a Woman

Chapter 2: What a Woman!

Summary:

The start of this tale.

Chapter Text

The first week of January had arrived, and a sense of harmony filled the compound after the Christmas holidays.

Peter and Kate strolled towards the living room, their usual hangout spot. As they approached, they noticed Yelena nearby. Once they were at a distance where she couldn't overhear their conversation, Peter spoke up:

"Wow! You really have a crush on Yelena," that caught Kate's attention. She had been lost in her reverie since the moment she saw Yelena. "She's bigger, stronger, and better at fighting than you," Peter couldn't understand why Kate was attracted to Yelena.

"Exactly! What a woman..." Kate swooned, her voice filled with infatuation.

Now Peter understood. Yelena would be a great match for anyone and would make a cute couple with his friend.

Yelena approached the area where they were, heading towards the refrigerator in the small kitchen of the living room. Noticing their presence, she nodded in greeting.

"OMG! SHE GREETED ME!" Kate thought excitedly, her heart racing. Peter gave his friend a thumbs-up as a sign of support.

"Hey... I hadn't seen you both here," Yelena said after pouring vodka and preparing to leave. Kate grinned foolishly, her crush being so close.

"Yeah... we came to hang out in our usual spot, you know," Peter explained when he noticed Kate's silence. She was still lost in her own thoughts.

"Cool, I'll leave you both then," Yelena bid them goodbye.

"Sure, see you!" Peter replied.

"S-see y-you," Kate managed to say shyly.

"Bye, Kate Bishop," Yelena gave Kate one last smile before departing.

In those last few seconds, something clicked for Peter, and he began to ship his teammates.

~

The day of the meeting had finally arrived, and Natasha was feeling a bit anxious as her sister and girlfriend were taking longer than expected to appear. She knew Yelena had sought Wanda's help in choosing the perfect outfit for her first meeting as an Avenger, but she hadn't anticipated it would take them so long.

A few minutes later, Natasha heard the familiar whistle from her sister, so she responded with the answering whistle.

"Hey, sup?" Yelena greeted her sister as she finished whistling.

"We're here, Natty," Wanda chimed in with a lovely voice.

"What took you both so long? It's almost time for the meeting."

"Sorry, we took Lena to buy a new vest for her special day," Wanda explained, while Yelena beamed with excitement for her new vest.

"AND IT'S SO COOL!"

Both Natasha and Wanda smiled at her enthusiasm.

"Yeah, it's cute," Natasha said, still smiling. "Now go get ready." Yelena rolled her eyes playfully.

"Such a mom," Yelena said before turning to do as her sister had instructed.

"Have you thanked Wanda yet?" Natasha inquired. Yelena stopped and turned on her heels to look at Wanda.

"Thanks, Wands," she said, offering a sincere smile.

"No problem, sweetie," Wanda replied, returning the smile.

Afterward, Yelena headed to her room, leaving Natasha to gaze at her girlfriend with a smile.

"You didn't have to do that," Natasha said gratefully.

"I know, but I wanted to," Wanda replied, still smiling.

"Thank you for helping me with Lena." Natasha approached her girlfriend, wrapping her arms around Wanda's waist. Wanda reciprocated by running her arms around Natasha's neck, drawing her closer.

"We're a team, babe." Wanda smiled, and Natasha smiled back.

"I love you, my beautiful witchy," Natasha murmured, their lips almost touching, before they shared a passionate kiss.

There was still a little time left to show her girlfriend how much she loved her and how grateful she was.

~

Elsewhere in the compound, Clint was on his way to Kate's bedroom. He wanted to make sure his pupil was ready for the meeting and wouldn't be late.

Kate was with Peter, seeking a second opinion on her outfit for the special meeting. Suddenly, they heard a knock on the bedroom door, followed by Clint's voice.

"Kate, may I come in?" Clint asked.

"Yeah, go ahead," Kate replied.

Clint opened the door, peeking in with just his head.

"Are you ready, kid?"

"Almost..." Kate answered. Clint was relieved to see her and didn't want to waste any time.

"Change that to a 'yes.' I'll see you there, don't be late."

Without waiting for a response, Clint closed the door and headed towards the boardroom.

"Okay, how do I look?" Kate asked Peter, showing him her outfit.

"Good," Peter replied. Kate gave him a look that said, "I need more than just 'good,' you moron." "You look amazing, Kate. Purple is your color!" Peter added.

"Really?"

"Yeah, don't worry," Peter reassured her. "Are you dressed like that because of Yelena?"

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Kate replied in an unconvincing tone.

"Oh, yes, you do!" Peter exclaimed excitedly. "You should talk to her more," he suggested.

"I don't know if I can do that," Kate said, her voice filled with nervousness. "I'm afraid of making a fool of myself..."

"Do you really like her?" Peter asked, even more excited for his friend. He had never seen her like this before over a girl.

"You have no idea..." Kate sighed.

"That's why you should talk to her!"

"But when? She's always with her sister," Kate paused, "or Wanda..."

"Do you think Yelena is dating Miss Maximoff?"

"I don't know," Kate replied, her gaze downcast. "I hope not..."

"Maybe they knew each other before," Peter tried to cheer her up.

"Maybe..."

"Don't give up just yet, girl!" Peter exclaimed. Kate laughed.

"Yeah... I guess you're right," Kate said. Peter gave her a thumbs-up.

"We should head to the meeting," Peter said, growing a little concerned about the time.

"Oh, you're right. Let's go."

They left Kate's bedroom and began walking towards the boardroom. As they entered the room, they noticed that only Clint, Steve, and Rhodes were present. They greeted them and took seats a bit apart. Kate sat next to Clint, while Peter went to sit in Tony's usual spot.

Gradually, the room filled up as the minutes passed. At the exact time the meeting was supposed to start, Natasha, Wanda, and Yelena entered the boardroom.

Natasha entered with a smile, an uncommon sight since she usually maintained her poker face. Meanwhile, Wanda and Yelena were laughing about something unknown to everyone else. Kate and Peter exchanged glances as they saw them enter. Kate's mood took a noticeable dip (at least from Peter's perspective) after witnessing the scene. Peter pursed his lips, silently conveying, "That's how friends talk." Kate decided to trust Peter's words and not let her mind wander in a negative direction.

Shortly after, the meeting officially began.