Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of What a Woman - The multiverse
Stats:
Published:
2022-09-27
Updated:
2024-01-17
Words:
145,871
Chapters:
33/?
Comments:
41
Kudos:
292
Bookmarks:
28
Hits:
13,613

What a Woman

Summary:

Kate didn't believe in love, but that changes when she sees Yelena for the first time. Perhaps a bit cliché, but that's how the love story between the two girls began.
Not everything is easy and simple in life, Kate realizes that when she starts to win Yelena's heart. The good thing is that life will know how to reward her.

But Kate is not the only one who finds her happy ending, there are many other people around her who are proof of that.
Another remarkable instance of this would be Natasha Romanoff herself, who never thought she could overcome the ghosts of her past. However, once more, life has a way of rewarding those who are deserving.

Notes:

Dearest Readers,

In advance, I apologize if there are any grammatical errors. English is not my first language, but I will strive to do my best in each chapter.
I also want to express my gratitude for reading my story. Similarly, I hope you find enjoyment in the work and join me on this journey until the very end. I have many exciting plans for this story, and as the narrative unfolds, you will witness them taking shape.
Without any further delay, I sincerely hope you enjoy "What a Woman."

 

Yours Truly,
Chaxan

Chapter 1: The beggining

Summary:

Just the background.

Chapter Text

After the events of Civil War, Natasha reunites with her family and together with her sister, they destroy the Red Room.

Natasha is captured and later released to her colleagues who were also captured after the battle at the German airport. Team Cap (except for Clint and Scott) and she become fugitives, deciding to flee together to ensure their safety.

Strong bonds start forming within this unique group, not just friendships, but also romantic relationships. Natasha and Wanda slowly grow closer on an emotional level, but they are not the only ones. Steve and Bucky are also making up for lost time, discovering a new bond that may have always been there but was not an option to explore in their past lives. In mid-June, they leave the group with Sam to go to Wakanda, where Bucky can receive the help he needs.

This leaves the remaining group (Natasha, Wanda, and Pietro) with the option to go somewhere closer to their birthplace. The small group decides to briefly hide in the capital of Ukraine, Kiev. A few days after settling in the city, Yelena decides to visit her sister, not wanting to be away from her any longer.

Yelena quickly becomes a part of the Avengers group, developing a strong friendship with Pietro due to their similarities and shared sense of humor. However, it is with Wanda that she forms a much deeper and closer friendship, quickly becoming best friends. Eventually, their relationship grows even closer to the point of resembling sisters, which Natasha loves.

While in Kiev, Natasha adopts a cute black cat named 'Liho', who enjoys teasing both Pietro and Yelena. Interestingly, Liho only shows his adorable side when Natasha or her girlfriend, Wanda, are around.

The team's fortunes change at the end of August when Nick Fury and Maria Hill inform them that they have been exonerated of all charges thanks to modifications to the Sokovia Accords. Initially, they find it hard to believe, but the agents explain that SHIELD and the other Avengers (led by Carol Danvers) managed to modify the accords to reunite the team fully. The governments recognized the need for a complete team to face future threats, so they agreed to the requested modifications.

Carol wanted to personally deliver the good news to Natasha and the Maximoffs, knowing that T'Challa would inform the trio in Wakanda. Unfortunately, Carol had an emergency that required her to leave the planet for a couple of months, making it impossible for her to deliver the news. Fury assured her that he and Hill would take care of it, allowing her to focus on her mission.

In early September, they decide to return to the Avengers' compound in New York, except for Yelena, who returns to Melina's house to continue freeing the other Widows.

The team in Wakanda chooses to stay longer, except for Sam, who decides to return to New York when he feels he is not performing well. Upon their return, the compound feels similar to how it was before the battle, and Tony seems determined to put the past behind him. Natasha just needs more time to forgive Steve, but with him away, the atmosphere is less tense at the compound.

Things start to change for the Avengers as they have several discussions and reach internal agreements to prevent future conflicts among themselves. The last thing they want is another 'Civil War'.

With everything in order at the compound, Natasha invites Yelena, wanting to continue reconciling with her sister. Yelena tells her that as soon as she finishes her missions, the first thing she will do is go straight to New York.

Natasha's invitation to her sister, along with Clint training a highly skilled young woman to carry on his legacy, gives Tony an idea.

He had recruited Peter for the airport battle, and although he declined the invitation to become an Avenger after defeating the Vulture, Tony knew that the young man would eventually join the team. So, Tony discusses with Natasha and Clint about forming a small group of young Avengers. Unaware that Yelena is Natasha's sister, he sees her as a former companion from the Red Room.

The proposal is accepted, and Natasha mentions that it's just a matter of time before her sister arrives at the compound, where she will ask if she would like to be part of the team. Clint also plans to talk to Kate, the young woman he is training, to see if she would be interested in joining.

In early December, Peter and Kate start training at the compound and get to know the other Avengers who are there. Despite the five-year age difference, they quickly bond due to their shared nerdiness, being only children, and their tendency to talk rapidly when nervous or excited. They also develop a sibling-like relationship similar to that of Wanda and Yelena.

A few days before Christmas, Yelena arrives at the compound. Natasha extends the invitation to join the team, and Yelena accepts without hesitation. Kate falls head over heels for Yelena from the moment she sees her, and a strong attraction starts to grow.

The official announcement of this new team is scheduled for the second week of January, where they will gather all the Avengers who are on the planet.

Extra

1. In this story Natasha has the same birthday (December 03), but her year of birth is 1986 instead of 1984.

2. Yelena was born on February 28, 1994.

3. Pietro, Wanda and Anya was born February 28, 1989.

4. Kate was born November 23, 1996.

5. Peter keeps the same date of birth as the MCU (August 10, 2001).

6. Lorna Dane was born July 10, 1994.

7. The rest of the characters are the same age as in the MCU.

8. The mission in Ohio was from 1998 to 2001.