Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of Strays
Stats:
Published:
2022-08-10
Words:
1,140
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
6
Kudos:
499
Bookmarks:
26
Hits:
4,034

Aizawa and his overgrown strays

Summary:

"for some reason, his class from 5 years ago had seen all that and decided, 'yes, that's the guy we want as our dad'.

Souta had always been content to ignore this resolve of theirs but it's been five years and yet here he is looking at one of them in his living room"
or
Aizawa's in denial that even after 5 years of graduating he's still class 1-A's dad, oh and Mic won't let him murder them coz mics greats like that ft/ 1-A as pro heroes shenanigans

Notes:

another chapter! I'm sorry to anyone who follows the other works that I haven't been uploading, life is a bit hectic for me right now so these short little one shots of this series are all that I can turn out, but they are fun so hopefully everyone is enjoying!

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

Aizawa isn't some grumpy old man who yells at kids for playing on his lawn, okay? He really isn't. No, on the contrary, he likes kids. He enjoys being a part of their lives, he enjoys teaching them and he enjoys creating the competent heroes they become so when they become his co-workers he isn't dealing with assholes or idiots. 
Really, it's a good plan and a good system.

Do these heroes, particularly like him? no, they would likely curse his name till the day they die but they would all at least acknowledge that they lived for as long as they did because of him. Again, it's a good system, especially because this also means he gets ignored by a lot of pro heroes and gets let to do his own thing. The system works fantastically and in everyone's favor, so Shouta Aizawa doesn't understand what went wrong. 
Because he followed all his usual tricks, he gave them as much of a hell as he was legally allowed to, logical rouses, expulsion threats, almost killing them. He did it all. But, for some reason, his class from 5 years ago had seen all that and decided, 'yes, that's the guy we want as our dad'. 

Souta had always been content to ignore this resolve of theirs but it's been five years and yet here he is looking at one of them in his living room and he decides it can't be ignored anymore. He needs to figure out what he did wrong and corrects it immediately so the hell spawns that were previously his students and are currently japans top heroes could stop bothering him. 
Yes, he just needs to figure it out and he'll be free. 

Free from the tournament he's been dealing with. 
He had of curse contemplated the easier options first, like murder, moving to a remote mountain location that's hard to reach, creating a new identity for himself, committing fraud, and taking someone else's identity but the one issue that came up with all that was that he had a loving family, a pro-hero son, a cute little daughter and of course his wonderful husband. 
This sadly left him with this one option, righting his wrongs. 
But, that also had an issue, they were no longer his students, and as such, he had no way of scaring them more. 

So, all he could do was sit and contemplate as Pro heroes 'Can't stop Twinkling', 'Ingenium', 'Uravity', and 'Deku' walked into his living room from the balcony as if they owned the place. 

"why?... just why?" 

Shouta asked, he himself had just finished a patrol and ended up dealing with the 4 pro heroes for the last issue. There had been a huge hostage situation at an all-day and night bank. 
The situation was easily defused as the number one hero arrived as most criminals are intimidated by the title itself but Izuku had arrived late, with the situation already going on for 3 hours or so before he did with Uravity and can't stop Twinkling at the lead. 
Aizawa had also arrived late to the situation, after finishing up some smaller issues but as soon as his former students had seen him, they had all started waiting for his command as if all of them didn't outrank him. 

Hostage situations are delicate and take time so by the time they were done and the villain had 'fought' them aka gotten beaten up by Izuku, they were all tried, and also as the hero shift systems were universal, ending their shifts. 
So, of course, instead of going home, the brats decided to tail him (as if he wouldn't be able to tell!?? he literary thought them how to do that!). 

But when they left after he reached the doors of UA, Aizawa had hoped like an idiot that they would leave him alone. No. 
How could they ever let him have a good and simple life? 
Let him have a peaceful night? Impossible! 

No, the reason they had left was to break in! 

As such, he really wanted the answer to his question. Why? Why were they tormenting him? was it punishment for all the logical rouses? is it revenge for all the times he said he's gonna expel them? 

Iida and Aoyama look slightly chastised at that, at the very least, while Uraraka and Izuku simply grin at him.

"oh, Kacchan's out of town!" Izuku said, with his usual beaming smile as if that explained why they were there, in Shouta's living room or why they were breaking into his house instead of using the door or why they decided that they all, everyone in the class has to do it. 

"yepp! and you know us, we're the Deku-squad, we go where he goes!" Uraraka exclaimed, way too loud for it being 3 in the morning. 

Maybe he should just give up, crawl into a hole and stay there until he eventually dies, the issue was he didn't particularly want to die. A light coma maybe? sure, sounds nice. Death? no, mainly cause then he won't be able to see his daughter or husband again. His son had already betrayed him and turned to the dark side. All he had are his husband and daughter, he can't die yet.
So he forces himself to go back to asking because he just wants to not be broken into at the middle of the night by pro-heroes and he doesn't think that's too much to ask for! 

"that doesn't answer my question!" 

"It's because we love you mon ami!" Aoyama practically yells causing Aizawa to cringe from the noise while everyone else simply grins up at him but before Aizawa can chastise him, a squeal is heard and a much louder yell of "DEKU-NI!" 

"OOO! Are you guys staying over today? this is so cool! I haven't seen you in so long!" 

"yea, we're definitely staying over!" Izuku answers Eri, but he's looking at Aizawa and grinning the 'im a little shit' grin. 

"you still can't murder them" he hears a soft whisper in his ear as his husband who he had missed walking into the living room and softly rests his head on Aizawa's shoulders. 

Izuku, Aoyama, Uraraka, and Iida all start to poke, bounce, play with and chat with Eri at the same time and Eri soaks up the attention like a sponge, clearly happy to see her former babysitters and personal heroes. 

"but- but! look at them!" 

"I am, I'm looking at our family, and it's the best family I could ask for" 

The next morning he's woken up to a pillow fort in his living room with 4 overgrown strays and his daughter sleeping in a pile and while Mic is distracted taking pictures, he doesn't smile. He definitely doesn't! there's no proof! 

Notes:

Also! I found a TikTok of someone recommending this series and aaa it made my day, also everyone in the comments of the video was so nice! I'm genuinely so happy when I get comments saying people are enjoying it or that my silly little works made their day a bit better. So thank you so much for that!

For anyone interested I art on my other socials so my insta and my tiktok are these, and you can definitely find some MHA fanarts there!

Series this work belongs to: