Actions

Work Header

How To Court Omega Katsuki Bakugo

Summary:

Eijirou Kirishima was down bad and unfortunately for him, he was down bad for the pickiest wolf he's ever met. Nonetheless, Kirishima has no plans of giving up on his not-so-secret crush on Katsuki Bakugo.

Chapter 1: Step One: Say Hi

Chapter Text

Kirishima was gay.

He always knew that, he had two girlfriends throughout high school and they were great, they were pretty and nice omegas, but they just couldn't do it for him. He tried, he poured his whole heart into the relationship but as soon as things got down to business he just wasn't in it at all. He holds nothing against them, even when his second girlfriend spread the rumor like wildfire that he was weak in bed, with which he would have to disagree. Kirishima was big, he knew that, bigger than average some would say, he was one hundred percent purebred alpha. Maybe even too much alpha, razor-sharp teeth, weighs enough to stop a train, and has a track record to get a little too aggressive on the soccer field. Which he always felt bad about but he can't help it. Which he found was a turn-on for many omega's but in reality, it always came down to him being just too much everything and he was too nervous he would get too rough and hurt someone. Which is why Kirishima turned his eye to male omegas but still found himself in the same problem and the new problem of often being fetishized. So he gave up looking for a while and focused on getting his scholarship for his spot on the university soccer team. That was until he at in his first freshman level class and spotted the most perfect person he'd ever seen, Katsuki Bakugo, the number of people he had to ask to just even get his name was almost shameful.

There was no problem with being gay, people love people. There were plenty of same-sex alpha-omega, beta-alpha, and beta-omega pairs. All could get the job done, as primitive as it sounds, people didn't care as long as someone could reproduce. Problems started to arise with same second-gender couples, though you wouldn't be prosecuted for being in one, all alpha-alpha, omega-omega, and beta-beta couples were not recognized in any high courts as mated pairs. And with that ruling, the idea of such a pair had become super taboo and kept underground, or at least to Kirishims'a knowledge, not even finding much about it when he searched about it online. He rationalized that maybe it made sense, with being biologically influenced by hormones to be attracted to omegas as an alpha himself, but he couldn't help it. Katsuki Bakugo was the prettiest alpha he had ever laid eyes on, he was big, strong, a little on the mean side, okay, maybe a lot, like a lot a lot, and his attitude screams do not approach but all Kirishima could see someone that could keep up with him.

So Kirishima decided the next best move was to sit somewhat close to the blond alpha and just admire him from afar and just like that the semester was over and the blond was gone. Kirishima prayed to every god there was that the boy would be in another class of his but no luck. The praying seemed to answer his prayers in another way though because one foggy morning when he was stretching on the soccer field for before class practice he was the blond all bundled up, even had his tail tucked into his sweatpants, in the still cool spring air at the start of his second semester. Kirishima came to find out that Bakugo goes for morning runs on the track around the soccer field every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and before he knew it the soccer season was over and Kirishima found himself either being too shy to show up to continue to see him or always sleeping through his alarm since he finally got to sleep in. The one day he had worked himself up to go to the track, Bakugo wasn't there.

Kirishima just couldn't shake him. He was killing it, top first-year soccer player even started a few games, made a bunch of friends, and practically was begged to join every fraternity on campus, doing well in his classes, which the exception of math, and had almost every female omega pending over to present to him, which he politely declined. But still, he could only think about the rude alpha. And his heart was broken when his second semester came to a close without seeing him for the last two months once soccer ended and even more hurt when the blond didn't show up in any of his classes the first semester of his second year. That made sense, clearly Bakugo was in a different department and the only reason they crossed paths was because of general education requirements.

But with his constant praying and almost borderline unhealthy rituals he started doing he was once again blessed from above when he walked into Physics 329 thermodynamics and mechanics and saw the man himself sitting in the back of the class. Every worry he had about taking such a class went out the window as he saw Bakugo sitting there with a bored look on his face playing on his phone. And he almost jumped up and kissed the professor two weeks into the school semester when he assigned him and Bakugo to a paired project.

He had to play it cool.

"The hell do you think I'm coming down there? Either come here or I'm doing it alone," Kirishima didn't even care that he was being rude because he wasn't processing that this was the first time he's heard the other alpha voice. Kirishima rangled up all his belongings from his desk and ran up the stairs to the back of the class to take the seat next to him, tail wagging way too fast.

Bakugo took one good look at the tail-wagging alpha and rolled his eyes and huffed. Another fucking knot head that was going to be sniffing around him. He recognized the boy from the soccer team, he wasn't blind, he was on every poster of the soccer team posted around campus, he even remembered seeing him at his early morning practices sometimes when he cared enough to look around.

"Hey man," Bakugo gave Kirishima a weird look as he watched the redhead hiccups and look at him wide-eyed. "I'm Eijiro Kirishima, nice to meet ya dude," Kirishima put on the best smile he could and hoped he looked okay. "Bakugo, now look I know enough about the change of phase and phase equilibrium to get the first part of these proofs done but after that, we need to split this up to get it done in time."

"Change of phase and phase equilibrium? Hey look I'm gonna be honest I have no idea what's going on in this class, I have to have a 300 level or above natural science credit and this was the only one to fit my schedule and I know nothing." Kirishima's smile faltered and his tail stopped wagging when he started to feel the rage come from the blond. "I'm so sorry," he whispered out. "So I'm stuck with a fucking idiot for two weeks that doesn't know shit, god damnit I don't have time for this. You need to learn this shit because I'm out on mandatory leave this Friday till Monday, god damnit what am I thinking you're fucking dumb you're not gonna learn shit."

"Hey, hey, hey wait! I can help as much as I can! I can try my best, gonna be honest, I'm not the best at math but that's what the internet is for!" Bakugo was giving off every sign that he was not happy, his eyes were flat against his head and tail still straight down to the ground, and a slight snarl to his lips. Kirishima wanted to scream that his first meeting with his crush was going so poorly, he wanted someone to stomp on his tail for being so stupid, cursing himself for not paying more attention in his math classes but his mind was also racing at the fact that Bakugo must be in a little bit of a pre-rut before he was going to be in a full-blown rut this weekend. He was also worried that with Bakugo being gone it only left them with five days together to finish these problems, which Kirishima found out was no easy task, according to his past homework.

"You can't just learn this shit in a few days, how did you even get into this class without taking the prerequisites for it?" Bakugo never gave him the chance to answer and he stammered with his mouth finally closing as he got scolded. "Let me guess? The dean took one second to look at your request to jump into this class because you're the star soccer player? Pathetic."

Kirishima wanted to die, this was going horrible. His eyes followed the angry boy as he stood up and shoved his chair in, watching him like a kicked puppy, which was exactly what he felt like, "figure your shit out. I'll finish the proofs and when I get back you better have started on your half of the problems." Kirishima watched as he angrily shoved his finger around the paper showing Kirishima he needed to do the last three problems. Kirishima let out a weak 'okay' as he watched the angry alpha pack his bag. Today was Wednesday and the class only met three days a week so he wouldn't see Bakugo till after his rut, which Kirishima still couldn't get over thinking about. "Don't worry, I'll get my part done, and thank you for doing the proofs. Hope your rut goes okay, I know how rough they can get." He offered a weak smile but his body language screamed he was defeated. He watched as Bakugo gave him an even deeper frown and a small growl before he stormed out of the room.

 

 

"Kaminari you need to help me, please, I'll do anything." Sero gave out an amused laugh at the sight of such a big alpha almost in tears begging the poor beta about god knows what. "What do you even need help on?" Kaminari rolled his eyes as he took the beer from Sero's hands, ignoring his dirty look as he grabbed a new one. "It happened." Kaminari gave him a weird look as his eyes shifted between Sero and Kirishima, Sero's eyes wide, almost in shock. "What am I missing? Am I missing something?"

"Katsuki Bakugo is in that stupid physics class I have to take and now he's my partner for group work and he's a total jerk but like I don't care but also he's out for a rut this weekend so I'll only see him one day before the work is due and you know how I got into the class and I know you said it was a bad idea but I had no other choice but I need you to teach me all of this so I can make him happy and make him like me so he can fall in love with me and-" Kirishima's rant was cut short by Kaminari waving his hands in surrender, "alright man calm down, show me the paper and I'll see what I can do." Kirishima dropped to his knees dramatically before he quickly grabbed for his bag he threw on the ground when he came running in. Mumbling about thanking god Kaminari was getting a degree in electrical engineering.

"Wow okay, dang, now I get why he was so upset about thinking he'd have to take on extra work. These are gonna be tough...we'll figure it out man and you'll get your man." Kirishima lunged for the couch, spilling beer all over the three as he squeezed everyone into a hug. "I'm forever in your debt."

"Yeah, yeah get off us you fucking dog." Kirishima pulled away with his tail wagging so hard he thought he might actually make air. Laying spread out on the floor, "guys it was so good, he was so pretty and his voice, his voice was perfect." Sero gave out an amused huff, "didn't you just say he insulted you the whole time and yelled at you?"

Kirishima raised his head, "yeah but it was so good."

"You said he was out for a rut this weekend? Aren't you worried he's got someone he's sharing with? Do you know if he's even into guys?" A growl escaped the redhead's chest that he quickly apologized for with a surprised look and a hand over his chest from the surprise response. But they were only valid questions and Kirishima didn't know, he actually didn't know anything about the boy besides his name and what he looks like. He had no social media presence and seemed to stay out of the public eye.

Kirishima had taken advantage of being so close to the blond and tried to take a whiff but Bakugo must be on some serious scent blockers, which only seemed to distress the poor boy more. "Alright okay, okay, I'm sorry for bringing it up. The first step in getting bully Bakugo into your grabby hands is making him happy with getting your work done so quit putting out that awful distress smell, Jirou is coming over later and I don't want her upset." Kaminari stood up as he walked to the kitchen table to take a seat.

Sero gave him a thumbs up as he dragged himself to the table to join Kaminari for a long afternoon.

 

 

Kirishima's foot was bouncing as he sat in the chair, he was almost embarrassed at how early he got to the classroom but he didn't regret it. It took him over five minutes trying to decide what seat to pick that he thought Bakugo would like the most and he ended up picking the same seats that they sat in the first time. Kirishima felt stupid, he hated that he was worrying so much about a stupid damn seat, it was just a seat but Kirishima remembered that Bakugo always sat towards the back of the class so he must have a preference. A door being kicked open took his attention as he lifted his head from his folded arms, all problems were brushed aside as Bakugo walked into the room with a scowl and sat down next to him.

"Hey! I got the work done if you wanted to look over it!" Kirishima put on his biggest and brightest smile as he beamed at Bakugo. He only huffed in response as he grabbed the paper out of his hands, Kirishima made sure to keep the smile as he grabbed his tail to make it stop thumping against the back of the chair, letting out a nervous laugh as Bakugo watched him.

Kirishima felt his heart race as he watched him skim over the paper, mentally trying to prepare for his next move. It felt like he was feeling every emotion at once but he couldn't contain his excitement about his next move. He had never tried to court someone before, though he has had many people try to court him, which he always politely declined. Bakugo put the paper on the desk as he eyed him suspiciously, "so who did you pay to do this?"

"Nobody! My packmate Kaminari is an electrical engineer so he helped me with it, didn't want you to do any more than you already were," his nervous laughter died out as more people came into the room. Bakugo only grunted, pushing the paper back towards the redhead.

Kirishima wanted to slap himself in the face a couple of times to get the last bit of motivation to make his first move on Bakugo. Here goes nothing. Bakugo eyed him once again as the thumping of his tail was back displaying to everyone that he was too happy, "hey man so I know how groggy you can feel a couple of days after, at least I know I do, so I brought you a couple of these, they always make me feel better." Kirishima smiled as he handed over a couple of his strawberry jelly protein packets to the other alpha, his heart almost flew out of his chest when Bakugo reached out to grab the packets and started to read them over.

He had to hold onto his tail for the entire class as he was just too happy that Bakugo had taken his first courting gesture, he couldn't even focus in class he was thinking too much. Were they courting now? Does Bakugo know they are courting? Is Bakugo happy with him? He kept stealing glances at the blond whenever he could and he could tell the blond was noticing and would let out a little growl now and then but he couldn't help it he was so pretty and he was just so happy that he was sitting next to him. Kirishima wanted to say so much but he was already taking away his attention with his tail and nervous glances that Bakugo had trouble keeping up with his notes.

The class came to an end and a million things ran through Kirishima's head about what he was going to say to him, maybe they could go get lunch together or something but before Kirishima could open his mouth Bakugo was already standing up and before he knew it Bakugo swung his bag over his shoulder and was out the door, jelly packets left on the desk. Kirishima felt his ears drop and his tail go still as he collected them and tucked them into his bag.

Maybe he was busy and had to rush to his next class and forgot them?