Actions

Work Header

The Sweet Snapshots

Chapter 7: Hold Them Softly, But Only If You Can

Summary:

Alex wakes Morgan up to hold them, but even that can't go easily. Alex has to be SO careful when they want to touch someone without hurting them. What if sometimes they just don't want to have to worry about that, just for a bit?

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Alex appeared in the quiet, dark of Morgan's room. Alex could hear the hitch in Morgan's breath indicating exact moment they woke up.

 

Alex knew what Morgan would be seeing- glowing eyes in the dark.

 

Alex could also tell the exact moment Morgan recognized them, because their breath sighed out in a sleepy gust.

 

“Wassap?” Morgan murmured, more asleep than awake.

 

“Can I stay with you tonight?” Alex whispered back.

 

At this point, it wasn’t rare for one of them to crawl into bed (or onto the couch) with the other but they had never addressed it directly and it had never led to anything more than cuddles.

 

“Sure.” Morgan wiggled over to make room. Alex picked up the corner of the blanket and crawled in. Alex wrapped an arm around their friend and pressed gently along the line of them, curing against Morgan's back. They sighed in tandem as the two settled in again.

 

“Mm-alex? Don’t smoosh me in your sleep.” It was said softly because Morgan was tilting fast back towards sleep.

 

Alex lifted their free hand to snap, hesitated for a moment, and then snapped.

 

“...What did you do?” Morgan asked after a few moments of quiet.

 

Alex took a moment to press their lips together and hold Morgan against themselves, feeling the in and out of their breathing and the warmth of them. “I… made you invulnerable.”

 

“Alex.” Morgan said warningly. They squirmed, elbowing Alex as they started to wake up enough to try and get their limbs under themselves. “Alex, that is NOT what I meant.”

 

“I know.” Alex said, holding them tight. Tight enough to bruise? Tight enough to break? Alex wasn’t sure. They didn’t want to think. “I know… just… just for tonight, Morgan. Please.”

Morgan stilled. Alex felt them breathe in then out. Alex waited, seeing what they would chose.

 

“You’ll put me back when we get up?”


Alex pressed their face in between Morgan’s shoulder blades. “Yes.”

 

“Promise me, Alex.”

“I promise.”

 

Morgan sighed and rolled onto one elbow. Alex withdrew their arms and started to move away. “I let you get away with so much shit.” But there was no bite in Morgan's voice and Morgan grabbed Alex before they could retreat far. Morgan rolled to face them and pulled them closer before flopping down on top of Alex, one hand dragging up to hold on to Alex's far shoulder and one leg sprawled haphazardly across Alex's hips.

 

Alex laid there for a moment, gazing up at the dark ceiling, before Morgan huffed. Morgan grabbed one of Alex’s arms and slung it over their back and then shuffled closer so they could grab Alex's other hand to tuck it into their own hair. Alex took the hint and pulled Morgan closer with one arm and started to tangle reverent fingers in the soft strands with the other.

With a deep breath, Alex melted against their friend. They hadn’t noticed how much tension they had been holding in themselves until they let it go.

 

“Get some sleep.” Morgan murmured.

Alex hummed obligingly, closing their eyes and pressing their nose to the crown of their head.

 

“G’night, Alex.” Morgan was quickly slipping back into sleep.

 

“Goodnight.” Alex murmured back, relaxing back into the cushions in the dark.

Notes:

Please leave me a review and kudos if you are liking these!