Actions

Work Header

“Fuck Highschool.”

Summary:

Finney The Fag realizes that nickname might not just be something his bullies use to antagonize him.

Or

Finney Blake falls in love with a certain baseball player he’s friends with.

Notes:

First ever fic, and I’m doing these homos right <3

Chapter 1: “Movies.”

Chapter Text

June 31st, 2019.

‘Dear Diary, High-school is SHIT.’

—-

Finney Blake, or was it “Finney The Fag” now?

Finney Blake’s a 16 year old baseball player who’s top of his math classes, pretty cool right?

However, Finney The Fag is the guy who smokes weed and takes everything way too seriously when he doesn’t.

And he’s also a total fucking faggot, hence the name. I guess he just doesn’t fully know it yet.

Slam!

Finney closes his locker shut.

“Hey Finn, how’s it goin’?” Right.. The human version of a golden retriever speaking to him right now is Bruce Yamada. Finney’s friend since what seems like forever.

The two originally met because they both play baseball. That’s literally the only consistent part of their friendship.

Everything else from when they first met totally changed as they moved on.

“..Yknow. It’s going pretty fine. Not totally extravagant, but what can you do?” Finn responded in his usual monotone voice, that’s the thing with him.

The way he speaks makes him look like a total fuckin’ dick. He just makes everyone wanna say “what’s your deal?” Bruce is the total opposite though, lucky him.

Everything about Bruce just gets everyone squealing, and by everyone I mean every girl at his and Finney’s school.

“Cool, Cool..I wanted to ask you something, that okay?” Bruce cheerfully smiled towards his shorter companion.

“Strike me dead.”

“wanna go to the movies with me later? But uh— it won’t be just us, I’m bringing along some friends so it won’t be ..haha..- awkward?”

Well shit. Finney hates it when Bruce asks him something, because he knows he can’t say no.

But this time he might have to.

“Oh I totally would.”

“Great! I’ll see you there at ten mayb—“

“I already have plans with Robin after school.”

God, Finney Blake you are such a mean person. Saying no to the sweetest boy in town: Bruce Yamada just like that?

“Ah- that’s .. cool, maybe next time?” Bruce replied, breaking the uncomfortable silence that broke out between them after Finney denied the invitation.

Shit, he sounds so disappointed.

“Yeah, cool.”

“Cool.. C’ya, Finney..”

And in a instant, The bell for next period rung and Bruce walked away.

——

Finn chewed on his pencil as the teacher instructed everyone to solve whatever ridiculous problem he put on the board.

He couldn’t help but space out.

What if he had said ‘yes’ to Bruce? If he’s being honest, it sounded kinda fun.

But his plans with Robin sounded fun too.

Whatever, he shouldn’t get caught up in something stupid like that in class right now anyway.

“Finney Blake.”

Fuck. Forgot he stopped paying attention.

“Wh- .. Yes, Sir?”

“Can you tell the class the answer you got for the problem up here?”

“ᶠᵘᶜᵏ..”

“What did you just say?”

“..f- ..FIVE!”

“…Mr Blake the equation was four X to the power of two plus twelve X ᴾˡᵘˢ…………..”

Yeah.. no way Finney could listen to what his math teacher Mr. Clark was saying.

Especially not with everyone else in the classroom giggling and smiling at him.

“Yeah.. sorrysorry— can I go.. um..”

“Are you alright?”

“Canipleasegotothebathroom.”

“.. be quick.”

Holy shit, Finn has never ran that quick out of a room in his entire life.

——

His face was hot with embarrassment, He splashed water on his face but it didn’t do much.

“Finn?”

Finney whipped his head around to see his bestfriend Robin.

“Shit. Hey, Robin.”

“Are you good?”

“Fuckin’ peachy.” Finn replied in a sarcastic manner.

“¿Qué pasó?“

Thank god Finn has Spanish class first period everyday.

Cause otherwise he’d have no fucking clue what Robin just said.

“Mr. Clark is so damn humiliating.”

“What’d that shitbird do?” Robin questioned, he sounded concerned.. but also a little angry.

“I spaced out in class and he called on me for doing so, then everyone laughed because I said the wrong answer.”

“Well that’s stupid, you’re probably the smartest in Mr. Clark’s class and when you get one question wrong everyone freaks?”

“I know.. it’s total bullshit.”

“What made you space out anyway?”

Yikes.

“Well— Bruce asked me to go to the movies with him, don’t worry I said no. But I kept thinking of what would happen if I said yes.”

“..Sounds romantic.”

“Huh?”

“The movies with just you and him? That sounds like a date.”

“Robin— I’m not?? Gay? Besides, Bruce said his friends were going too. It’s not like that.”

“Right.”

Right.. I should probably mention.

Robin and Finn dated in middle school. It’s not like Robin’s still hung up about them breaking ….up… oh Jesus.

“Why do you care so much? Get over it, I was just looking for someone to talk to about this.” Finn said as he walked out of the bathroom, he was probably in there for too long anyway.

——

And then, the school day was over.

Now it was time for Finney to decide.

1:
Go to a drive-in of IT chapter two with a slightly mad and jealous Robin.

Or.

2:
Go to a actual theatre and watch “Child’s Play” with your super nice and charming friend with a bunch of cool people he hangs out with.

Yeah, 2 all the way.

Finney decided to just sleep after school until it was time for him to get ready and leave for the movie he said he wasn’t going to.

Which was 10:00 PM, like Bruce said before Finney cut him off earlier.

Woohoo, Finney. You get to sleep for 7 hours.

——

Curse the groggy feeling you get after you just wake up.

Finn had to basically drag himself out of bed by rolling off his mattress so he could get ready and still get to the movies in time.

So he did.

He took a quick shower.

Blow-Dried his now fluffy and curly hair.

Brushed his teeth.

Put on DEODORANT.

And put on a outfit that didn’t make him look like he hasn’t seen the outside world in 93 years.

..

Ohoh you may be thinking, Oh Finney just got his dad to drive him to the movies.

Incorrect.

You seem to forget that Finn’s relationship with his dad is literally horrendous.

He ran to the movies.

Why do you think i emphasized the deodorant part?

.. so he ran.

As fast as he could.

It’s not like the movie theatre was that far, Finney’s just a extremely out of shape stoner that was somehow able to become a baseball player.

——

Fuck, he made it just in time.

God he’s sweating like crazy. Not just because he ran a shit ton, because he was nervous about seeing Bruce after saying he couldn’t come.

Breathe, Finney.

His eyes scanned around the packed movie theatre and then he saw them.

He saw Bruce, With a group of four other teens around him.

Finney gulped hard as he approached them.

“Hey, Bruce…”

“Finney! You’re here!” Bruce exclaimed in pure joy.

“Oh? This is Finney? You didn’t mention how cute he was.”

“Oh hush, you’ll scare him away!”

The two girls conversing about him made his hands shake.

But after they got their tickets, and stepped inside the screening room.

All of those nervous feelings seemed to go away.

“Do you like the seats?”

“Huh?”

“The seats, we’re in the middle row. Do you like it?”

“Oh! Yeah… I’ve uhh- always liked the middle row.”

“I know right..! Not too close and not too far!”

Onnn second thought, the sudden conversation between him and Bruce before the movie started made all those feelings flood right back.

It made Finn think about what Robin said.

Was Bruce gay? — I mean.. Finney wasn’t.
But if Bruce were gay, Finn wouldn’t have a issue with it.

Besides, this cant be seen as a date. Not with four other people with us.

Can it?

I mean.. when couples go on movie dates, they’re also technically there with however many people are also in the screening room.

What’s the difference?

God Finney shut up.