Actions

Work Header

Riddled In Time (discontinued, rewriting as 1942! Please go to my page)

Summary:

15-year-old Mae finds herself 52 years in the past when she accidentally gets her hands on a time-turner.

Hello! I decided to discontinue this work as I reread it and thought I could do much better. I'm currently rewriting the exact same story with some tweaks, and I'm renaming the story to 1942. Please check out my page. <3

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

1

 

   Mae’s eyes flickered open slightly.

  Opening her eyes took effort and caused her pounding headache to worsen.  She was sprawled on hard, wooden floorboards that made her back ache and planted splinters all over her body. Wet hair clung to her face.

  All she could smell was sweat and the odour of something metallic.

  She decided it would probably be best to sit up and try to take in her surroundings a little better, so, with all her might, Mae hauled herself up. The muscles in her shoulders and arms burned as she struggled.

  Her blurry vision made it difficult to make out, but she could spot some old furniture in the room. None of it she could recognise. The only thing she could think about was how she had gotten here and how she was going to get out.

  Though, in such a state, Mae could hardly gather her thoughts to make a smart enough decision right now.

Then, from behind her, a voice she recognised spoke.

  “Awake, are we?”

The voice slinked into a whisper, and then spoke loudly again, “What are we to do with her?”

  It took some seconds of thinking, but ultimately a decision was made.

“Spare her,” said a low, grating voice. In a way, she also recognised this person but didn’t know or remember why.

  They spoke again, maliciously, “But I’ll need her later.”

“All right,” said the other person slowly, with a hint of surprise that could’ve also been doubt.

  Someone clothed in all black made their way over to Mae, and however hard she tried, she couldn’t bring herself to move.

“Please,” she managed to utter, though it sounded more like taking a breath as opposed to talking.

  The person clothed in black centred their self in front of her and pointed their wand to Mae’s face. It only just brushed against her temple. This was it for her.

Through blurry eyes, she tried to make out the face of the person standing in front of her, but it was no use. All she could do was sit there and take whatever this person was going to do to her.

  “Stupefy!” the mystery person shouted.

Now all she could see was black as she passed out.