Actions

Work Header

A Fine Specimen

Chapter 3: Sexual History

Summary:

Tags for this chapter: Mineta being a perv, poking old wounds, and Kacchan's sexual history (which fries Deku's brain for a min)...

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

To test his theory-slash-fantasy, Bakugou chose his undergarments for their next appointment with care. Just in case he should have to disrobe again. After assessing himself in the mirror, he thought he'd found the winner: the string bikini. Black, sexy, but functional enough to look like it was chosen unintentionally. The sides rested high on his hips, peeking out over his low-rise leggings. Also black. Also chosen to show off his best assets. A cropped, boxy sweatshirt with orange and black trainers--his own merch--completed the look.

Sour Grapes, as he'd taken to calling the receptionist Mineta in his head, noticed as Bakugou checked in. Katsuki saw his eyes drift down to the exposed slash of skin on his hips and linger there as he turned to take a seat. He was leafing through a magazine when Deku came down.

Sour Grapes whisper-shouted, “ask him what gym he goes to, okay?”

“What? Why?” Deku asked, a bit more quietly, as he signed off on Bakugo’s check-in.

“Midoriya, Jeez, look at him! I'm straight, or at least I thought I was…. but I'd pay good money to watch that bouncing around on an elliptical.”

Deku frowned, his pleasant expression turning grave, and quietly gave a reply. Katsuki couldn't hear it well, but he was pretty sure the terms “HR” and “no more chances” were uttered.

Katsuki looked up as Deku approached, pretending he hadn't heard the exchange. “Yo, doc.”

“Good evening,” Deku greeted as the blond rose and stretched. A calculated move to expose his stomach. Would Deku take the bait? Sure enough, he noticed his eyes drift downward--but they almost immediately snapped up. The scientist smiled passively at him.

Hmm, thought Bakugou. Maybe he was wrong about the nerd? Or was he just trying to be professional?

Maybe he’s not at all interested, a little voice--a critical one that loved to tell him he wasn’t good enough--chimed in his head. You did torture him in middle school.

“Thanks for squeezing me in,” Bakugou greeted, letting his arms drop to his sides.

“Likewise!” chirped Deku, leading him back to the elevator.

As they rode up, Bakugou noticed that his lab coat was buttoned all the way up. He looked tired, too--dark circles around his eyes suggesting he had either worked too long of a shift or not slept well the night before.

“I hope I’m not keeping you too late.”

Deku pressed the familiar top-floor button. “Not at all. If anything, I hope I’m not keeping you too late! I seem to recall you always had an early bedtime.”

“S’all good,” the blond slouched a little, his chest pressing against Deku’s arm once again. “I can shave down my nightly routine.”

“What does your nightly routine include?” Deku asked, turning to face him. Bakugou’s chest no longer abutted his arm, but they were still so close, Deku’s face only inches above his own.

“Uh. This going in the file?”

“Maybe,” the scientist smiled. “I was just making small talk, but I guess your answer could relate to quirk development? So perhaps!”

Should he be honest? Might be another way to test the waters, so to speak. Fuck it, Bakugou thought.

“Eh, well, you know what every guy does when he’s alone,” Bakugou ran a hand over the back of his head, feigning slight discomfort. His cropped shirt rose again. Deku’s eyes followed it. “My early bedtime back then? Adolescent boy. Body changing. Natural impulses. Explosive hands. Had to figure that shit out on my own. Found some methods but... It can take some ah, preparations? And time.”

Deku’s face snapped to his, eyes wide as saucers.

“Well, you asked,” Bakugou bristled. “Sorry if it’s TMI.”

“N-no,” Deku fumbled his datapad, turned on the recording button. “I’m very interested in your sexual health and history. Have you ever hurt yourself trying to masturbate?”

“Should we have this conversation in your office?” Bakugo murmured as the elevator doors dinged open, suddenly self-conscious. He doubted they’d be overhead in the elevator, but the headline in his mind shouted: PRO-HERO DYNAMITE ON SELF-LOVE: THE ‘BARE-ASS’ TRUTH!

“Whatever would make you more comfortable, Kacchan.” Deku led him out and opened the lab door.

The blond chose not to comment on the use of the old nickname. He grimaced but strode in. He hopped up on the familiar examination chair. “And, uh, yes.”

“Yes?” Deku had not only pulled out a stylus to take notes on the recording tablet, but had also whipped out a pair of glasses to help him focus on the small text.

Katsuki liked the look very much. He swallowed. “Yes, I have. Hurt myself. Nothing too bad. Light burns on some tender parts. Kinda grew to, um, expect some pain with pleasure, if you know what I mean?”

Deku swore and dropped the pen. Bakugo again caught it in mid-air and handed it back to him. “You okay there, Deku? I woulda thought you’d outgrown this kinda clutizness.”

“Thank you, as expected of a top hero,” Deku sat down, offered a wobbly smile and accepted the stylus. “Um. Keep going. Please.”

“Well,” Bakugo frowned, thinking over what else he could say. “So yeah. The early years were rough. Once I was out of the house I was able to switch to toys.”

“Toys? Wouldn’t you also…” The scientist was scribbling and blushing furiously now, “explode and/or melt them?”

“I opted for the hands-free sort,” Bakugo chuckled. “Suction cup dildos and the like.”

“Dil…” Deku stopped writing and blinked. Blinked again.

Hmm, had that broken the nerd’s brain? Bakugou felt a little like he had in middle school—that self-satisfied indulgence of teasing Deku. Somehow this was more rewarding. He let the image sink into Deku’s brain before nodding.

“Turned out to be the easiest and safest way for me to, uh, ‘get there’. I definitely wasn’t ready for any partners in high school. My quirk control was good, but in the heat of the moment? I didn’t want to risk it.”

“When were you ready for a partner?” Deku’s voice was thick and choked.

“Uh, after high school. I had near 100% control of my quirk then. And I was dating a stupidly patient person.”

“What happened to them?”

Was that a subtle way of asking if he was single? Bakugo tilted his head, a small smile on his lips. “How is that important to the study?”

“W-well, if there’s any possibility you have a child out there, it could certainly impact the study,” Deku took in a breath and composed himself. “But really, any and all information could be important. You can choose not to answer.”

“No, no babies. My partner was male. I figured out pretty early on that women just don’t do it for me. And even if I had been dating a girl, we’ve already discussed my preferred method of getting off, right?” Bakugo said. “And, um, as far as what happened to him. Japan just wasn’t ready for openly gay heroes back then. He decided to be with someone he didn’t have to hide.”

Kirishima and Ashido certainly made an attractive couple. Katsuki bet his hard skin came in handy if he ever made her lose control of her acid quirk. Just like it had for Katsuki before her.

Deku stopped writing. “I’m sorry. Sounds like you really liked him.”

“He was my first, not my last. It probably would have ended sooner rather than later, anyway. Once he blinked the stars out his eyes and realized I’m hard to be with.” Bakugo shrugged and gestured toward Midoriya. “You know.”

“I know?”

“Yeah, I’m fucking terrible,” Bakugo crossed his arms and his ankles. “I… bullied you. I was a dick to you. I didn’t treat you like a future hero should.”

“I appreciate that, Kacchan,” Deku said after a pause, putting his pen down and stopping the recording. “I won’t lie, I’ve often wondered about that. I know I was… pushy… with my attention, but I was harmless compared to you. Yet you responded with such ire. Why was that?”

Because you were too intense. I didn’t know how to handle you. Your affection made me face being gay before I was ready.

He said none of those things. Bakugo did not want to delve this far into the past. Not here, not now. The scientist stopped, just behind Katsuki’s left shoulder. He felt his exposed skin prickle as Deku stepped closer. He could feel the ghost of his breath in his hair, over his ear. Finally, the blond said, “I’m not here for deep cut stuff.”

“What?”

“Is this about the doomsday study, or are you here for an exclusive peek into the psyche of the #2 hero?”

Deku, still red, barked, “This isn’t about me, Kacch--Katsuki.”

“Isn’t it?”

Deku roughly took hold of his jaw. “I’m going to conduct a general physical exam now, if that’s okay with you.”

Bakugo stared up at him defiantly. “Bring it on, Deku.”

He could deal with being manhandled. Even liked it from time to time. As a slow smile crept over Deku’s generous lips, Bakugo found himself licking his own. What was Deku like in the bedroom? Was he rough like this?

Deku’s eyes strayed down to Bakugo’s mouth. His grin faltered, just a little.

As Deku looked into his ears, the conversation abruptly veered to less emotionally-taxing territory. A review of his medical history. His parents and grandparents medical histories. Quirk manifestation, training, usage. Deku’s touch gradually gentled as they spoke, the sore subject of the past settling. He checked his pulse and blood pressure, then his large hands cupped Bakugo’s skull and he worked his fingers up and down his neck, coming to stand in front again. His fingertips remained on Bakugo’s nape, playing with the fine buzz of hair there.

“What’s this part of the exam for?”

“Just checking your lymph nodes. They feel a little swollen. Your skin is warm, too. Do you feel like you might be coming down with something?”

“Not at all. I’m always warm. Maybe my lymph nodes are always like that?”

“Interesting,” Deku released him and scratched out a note on his tablet. “Perhaps your body has to work hard to produce and clear the explosive substance you secrete?”

Bakugo shrugged. “You’re the expert. What’s next?”

“Clothes off,” Deku said. His smile widened again.

Notes:

Next chapter gets super spicy y'all. Also, for those interested, "Lust, Caution" will update on 8/16! ….

Btw, I’m only watching the anime. I accidentally spoil it for myself with manga updates though. Anyone have a support group I can join?? I’m beside myself. 😭