Actions

Work Header

Her Secret Crush

Chapter Text

Everyone at Collège Françoise Dupont was excited. Prom was coming up and everyone wants it to be perfect. Nino, once again, is going to be a (part time) Dj. Many students in the art classes and clubs are helping with the decorations. Alya is journaling the whole journey and is posting it on her blog.

 

Chloe pretended not to care, but deeply cared. She wants to ask Marinette to be her date. But her proud and stuck-up personality is preventing her from doing so. She's extremely jealous of Zoe, who is able to be close with Marinette.

 

'She ruins everything. I hate her so much'

 

There was a knock on her door.

 

"Who is it? I'm busy"

 

"It's me" Zoe said.

 

"Ugh, it's you"

 

"Can I come in? I want to talk"

 

"About what? Not like anything you say is important"

 

"It's about Marinette"

 

Chloe opens her door. Zoe quickly gets inside, and Chloe closes the door.

 

"Sabrina isn't here is she?"

 

Chloe scoffs. 

 

"No, she's not with me twenty-four/seven. So, spill, what do you have against Mari-trash?"

 

"You have a crush on her"

 

Chloe froze. How could Zoe know that? She bottled up her feelings so deep that even she wouldn't have known about her crush. And with her attitude towards Marinette, no one should know about it.

 

"How'd you know? How'd you figure it out?"

 

"Your actions. To be honest, I only figured it out recently. Out of everyone you bully, you bully her the most"

 

"And how does me bulling Marinette have to do with me liking her?"

 

"Your eyes. They hold a bit of sadness in them"

 

"What are you going to do? Make fun of me? Tell Marinette? Tell the whole school? Mom?"

 

"No, I'm going to help you"

 

Chloe started to laugh.

 

"You? Help me? I don't -- You're being serious?"

 

"Yes, I am"

 

"And how do I know you're not lying to me?"

 

"I know we're not on the best terms right now, but I don't want to see you becoming a more miserable version of yourself. I want to be your sister and your friend. I can't do that if you keep turning and pushing me away"

 

"Fine. I'll give you one chance. If you mess this up, don't ever talk to me again"

 

"I won't let you down"

 

Over the next few days, Zoe helped Chloe with her attitude. They even gotten closer (Chloe would never admit that). Everyone at school took notice of Chloe's kindness, well, her less rude self. The mentally thanked whoever made her slightly nicer. Even Marinette was impressed.

 

Sabrina was eventually let in on the secret. She was quite happy that Chloe was turning a new leaf.

 

Like the students, Andre and Audrey took notice of Chloe's slight change of nature. They also took notice of the way Chloe and Zoe interacted with each other. Whenever Zoe said something, Chloe would nod or just ignore her. Not the usual Chloe mannerisms. Audrey wanted to figure it out.

 

She tried to follow one of them, but they seem to have vanished after some time. It infuriated her to no end.

 

~~4 days until prom~~

 

Zoe is stressed. Chloe keeps refusing to ask Marinette out (Or in Chloe's words, "Finding the right moment to ask her out"). Zoe was very tempted to ask Marinette on behalf of Chloe. But knowing that it would undo their blooming friendship/sistership, she didn't do that. Sabrina is equally as stressed. She's trying her best to help. Chloe's stubbornness is getting to her. Sabrina prayed to the sky above for Chloe to ask Marinette out.

 

Currently, the girls were at the park. Chloe, as usual, was complaining about Marinette when Zoe snapped.

 

"Would you just grow up?! For the last week, all you've been doing is delaying and complaining. I know it's hard for you to ask the girl of your dreams out given your history. Complaining isn't going to get you anywhere. Sabrina and I are stressed to the max. 'Oh, she may not like me', well you won't know unless you ask her! You're hurting us and yourself with your cowardness. So please, just ask her out"

 

Chloe felt moved. Only a few people ever snapped at her. She realized that Zoe was right. She would never know if Marinette likes her if she never asks. She smiles and hugs Zoe.

 

"Thank you. You're right. I'll never know unless I ask. I'm sorry for being so selfish"

 

She lets go of Zoe and went to Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie. Zoe and Sabrina were shocked as this was the first time Chloe said sorry and hugged someone genuinely. They looked at each other and smiled. Now all they have to do is hope that everything ends well.

 

~~~~~~~~~

Ding!
Ding!
Ding!

 

"Is Marinette here?" Chloe asks.

 

"Oh, Chloe, it's been a while dear. Yes, she's in her room. Would you like me to go get her?" Sabine asks.

 

"Would you take me to her? I want to ask her something"

 

"Ah, I see. Follow me"

 

Sabine leads Chloe to Marinette's room. She knocks on Marinette's door. There was a thud and a "Come in!". Sabine opens the door.

 

"Marinette, dear, Chloe is here to see you"

 

"Chloe?"

 

Sabine lets Chloe in.

 

"She wants to talk to you privately. So, I brought her here. If you need anything, you know where I'm at"

 

Sabine leaves the girls alone. The girls look at each other for a moment.

 

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, would you go to prom with me?" Chloe asks before Marinette could ask her question.

 

'Chloe has a crush on me?'

 

Marinette smiled and kissed Chloe on the cheek.

 

"Of course, I'll go to prom with you"

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes"

 

Chloe smiled and hugged Marinette. At the other side of the door, Sabine smiled and walked back to the bakery.

Series this work belongs to: