Actions

Work Header

World’s Dictator

Summary:

Tony Stark was a hero at heart, but after being betrayed countless times by people he trusted, he had enough. He’s sick and tired of being treated like a villain for trying to protect people in his own way and blamed for everything that went wrong. The Ultron debacle. The Sokovia incident. The Sokovia Accords.

The fight in Siberia against Steve Rogers was the last straw. If he was already a villain in his team’s eyes, then he’ll make it a reality. He’ll become a villain everyone would fear and run away from. He’ll be their worst nightmare.

Tony gained enough influence to control every aspect of the people’s lives and ruled the world as a dictator. He suppressed rebellions using violence and forced other superheroes to fight for him. No one would dare fight against him. Until he discovered the existence of the sorcerers and met their leader, Stephen Strange.

*Slow updates*

Notes:

This is a concept I wanted to write for so long after being inspired reading many stories about evil Tony Stark and the dynamics between him and our hero, Stephen Strange. Unfortunately, I’m not that experienced in writing long stories yet and sadly unable to explore more of their interactions in detail. So, this would be a short one-shot instead. Regardless of how short it might be, I hope you still enjoy reading another self-indulgent story of mine~

Chapter 1: Betrayal

Chapter Text

Everyone knew of Tony Stark’s multiple personas. A genius. A billionaire. A playboy. A philanthropist. He utilized these masks to hide his true self. A weak and broken man seeking approval and praise from anyone. From a random person on the street. From a loved one. Anyone at all.

His personal goal drove him to be one of the superheroes everyone admired and looked up to. Iron Man. A hero capable of rescuing people in distress and protecting the world from alien invaders. His new identity brought him a team he could trust and confide in. A family he could call his own. Until everything changed one fateful day and his entire world turned upside down.

“Did you know?”

“I didn’t know it was him.”

“Don’t bullshit me, Rogers! Did you know?” 

“Yes.”

Betrayal. A concept Tony was very familiar with. Betrayed once again by people close to him. Obadiah Stane. His father figure who sold him out to terrorists. Rhodney. His best friend whose loyalties lie with the government and had let him down when he needed someone on his side during his arguments with Cap.

Now, Steve Rogers and his team. His team built upon lies and deceit. Steve Rogers, the righteous leader, who never took him seriously and used his money to search for his best friend, Bucky Barnes. Natasha Romanoff, the traitorous spy, who hid the truth behind the deaths of his parents and double-crossed him to join with Rogers. Bruce Banner, his science partner, who ran away and left him behind to deal with the aftermath of Sokovia. Thor, the selfish God, who left for Asgard without a word, uncaring about the problems of the mortal world.

As he lay on the Siberian snow with a damaged suit and broken reactor waiting for rescue, he realized that the only one he could trust was himself. If no one took responsibility for harming the people they were supposed to be protecting, then he would. He would hold his old team accountable for their actions. He would punish those who break the law without mercy. He would discard his weak personality and become someone powerful enough to control everyone under his rule. No one would dare disobey him or get in his way.

"All the work I have done for the Avengers and this is how they repay me? Fine. I'll show them what happens to people who piss me off.” Tony laughed with a deranged look in his eyes. 

"Breaking news! Tony Stark announced the disbandment of the Avengers team in a recent press conference. He admitted the team members were unable to fulfill their promise in fighting for the people and primarily acted for themselves. He planned to finalize the Sokovia accords and form a new superhero team that would strictly follow the laws and the government orders."

Tony’s influence grew as weeks passed. His personal connections as the owner of Stark Industries allowed him to curry favor with major leaders in the political and business worlds. He then ran for office as a politician and won by a landslide. Everyone loved and supported him. They trusted he would make decisions on their behalf and improve their daily lives. Tony soon became the de facto leader of the entire world.