Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Black Phone
Stats:
Published:
2022-07-03
Completed:
2022-10-15
Words:
52,237
Chapters:
16/16
Comments:
25
Kudos:
145
Bookmarks:
20
Hits:
6,318

Dark But Just A Game

Summary:

Denver, 1977โ€” A young woman struggles to support her two younger brothers on her own, and with the ever-rising disappearances of young boys all over the suburban area, she grows desperate trying to keep them safe. Over the summer, she becomes entangled with a much older man who has captured her attention. He only grows closer to her at all costs. However, when she discovers his true motive, it becomes all too clear that he is the one responsible for such a parade of death.

-

"๐ผ๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘Ž ๐‘”๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘’"
๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘‘ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘š๐‘’
๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘’
๐ต๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘–๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘”๐‘–๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ

Notes:

The female character I've written here is a self-insert. This is more or less me writing out what I'd do specifically in certain situations, while with other scenarios here, I've added to enhance the plot. My self-insert is an adult, but she has two younger brothers that are canonical ages to the victims in the story.

For those who have dealt with traumatic experiences or references, look elsewhere and avoid this work. I am writing this in the vein of the story, which obviously contains some graphic situations. Please note that I do NOT endorse any violence or degenerate behavior, et cetera. What is written is merely for the storyline.

This fanfiction will contain very dark material and is not suitable for all readers.

And please, please understand that this is centered around a FICTIONAL serial killer. Do not come at me with harsh remarks, death threats, or anything in such a rude manner. Again, this is fanfiction. That being said, the characters (aside from my self-insert and her brothers) and the original storyline respectively belong to Joe Hill, Scott Derrickson, C. Robert Cargill and Blumhouse.

P.S: Even though it's never explicitly shown (and thank fuck it wasnโ€™t), I decided to throw in a twist where instead of the Grabber going straight for boys in a sexual manner, he grooms a young woman instead to further his deviancy and to obtain his true goal.

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

The knife swept against her breast, leaving a rather sensual cut in the film of her skin. Her nipple grew erect from feeling the cold steel. Her breath hitched inside her throat, and she wondered how much longer she'd still have it. After all, his preferred weapon was something strong, yet delicate. Something that could be hidden, yet wielded quickly. What was going to keep him from hurting her the way he'd hurt the others?

As she stared up at him with her brown eyes full of hateful tears, her jaw clenched and her mouth formed a tight line. She was crying, but she wasn't about to plead for her life. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of hearing simple words fall from her lips. The knife moved over her sternum, then cut deeper. With his weight on top of hers, she couldn't move. One of his hands cupped her mouth, and with his wrought grip tightening down, her jaw couldn't move an inch. She screamed beneath his palm in a muffled cry.

"I didn't want it to have to come to this," he said, his ragged voice growing hoarse. Whether it was from self-hatred or disdain for the situation, she didn't know. But his familiar eyes had grown watery again. As he looked down at her, those blue eyes grew dark. The curves of the mask amplified the features of his eye sockets with dark shadows. As her heart began to race, the pounding of her blood echoed in her ears. As she struggled to stay alert, to stay strong and be aware of his every move, he suddenly growled, but with a broken tone to his voice.

"I just thought that having you here would perhaps make things better, but everything's all fucked up. Nothing's going right. I suppose I have you to thank for that."

The knife trailed towards her pelvis, and as it slipped beneath the elastic of her panties, he lifted it up in the air and merely held it in place. The silver of the blade gleamed in the light, shining as bright as tin. He could also see the sheen of sweat that covered her skin. The tears that fell from his eyes now were full of anger and despair. He removed his hand from her mouth and used it to squeeze her throat tightly. She coughed beneath his grip, and his thumb pressed deep into her jugular. He could choke the life from her if he wanted to. Still, there was something preventing him from finishing her. She wasn't a usual victim. She wasn't an adolescent young male exposed in the open. No, she didn't fit his modus operandi. Perhaps it was because she was perfect, almost too much in the sense that her motherly instinct was her redeeming feature. To see someone so broken and yet so strong made him feel exposed. He hated her for that, but he also admired it. She was everything he couldn't be. She was everything he had wanted from his own mother, who had broken their family with her absence.

Again, Michelina tried to thrash her way out of his hold. He looked away from her once, but then as she tried to knee him, he threw the knife away to the floor and pinned her down with his brute strength. His grip tightened as he held her in place. As he leaned down, he could smell the heat rising from between her legs. He closed his eyes after they rolled over white. With the bottom half of his mask off, he could smell her, he could salivate the moment of nearly tasting her fear. He, the predator, had just smelled a fawn in her hour of frightened heat. The urges that reveled inside him beheld a clawing sensation. Her urge to fight him was understandable. He also understood that her fire was what fueled his desire to rip her open, to cleave her, taste her, and maul her. If he wanted the true prizes, he'd have to go through her. And that he would, but only if she'd play the game like the others.