Actions

Work Header

I want to see you smile

Summary:

Kang Sung asked curious, "What are you looking at, Nezu?"

"That boy," replied Nezu pointing a paw to the one who caught his attention, "Who is he?"

Kang Sung looked confused as he followed the point. It only deepened when he saw the boy.

"I don't know."

Chapter Text

A/N this is a mha/the breaker/veritas.

Warnings: Soulmates, soul parents, Tsukauchi/izuku, Tsukauchi is 10 years older than Izuku, dead inko, Jeon Jang-Ill is Inko's brother, good teacher Yoochun.

...

Nezu rode in Aizawa's capture scarf as they entered a large arena. Thousands of people milled about. Some were wearing light exercise clothes. Others wore martial art gis. These were of the younger generation. They were between the ages of 14-25 students of the Murim Schools. They were the reason Nezu and Aizawa were here.

Over the last two decades, villains and members of certain Murim groups had begun to work together. Heroes were not prepared for them to be using ki techniques alongside quirks. In the first months over two hundred heroes were murdered across the world. It had forced heroes to realize they couldn't keep ignoring this other world. Things had to change.

Nezu had been part of the meeting that drew a new treaty between Murim and Heroes. Every two to three years Hero Schools would attend two fighting tournaments. There were different tournaments that were held every year. It was a chance for students of the Murim Schools to test themselves. Depending on the tournament it could be open to the general population of Murim. Disciples who did private studies could prove themselves as well.

From what he understood it was rare for a member of Murim to take a private student on. Traditionalists as they were known as had diminished greatly. Or they had gone into hiding. The most well-known Traditionalists were Han Chun-Woo and Yoochun Lee. Both were considered to be villains in Murim. Then there was the Reunion who believed that techniques should be given to anyone who had the ability. This was what had created the school even if techniques tended to stay within clans.

Since the Peace Treaty was signed only one or two students were exchanged at a time. When they chose a student from Murim, the Murim Alliance, the leaders of the group would attend a Sports Festival. They could only choose a student that was in their second year or higher.

Villains who fought with Murim went underground about five years prior. Nezu suspected that the two groups were led by All For One. Without him, they were without a leader. Nezu didn't quite believe that they were complete without leadership. If they were more attacks would have happened in the last five years but there had been nothing.

Nezu wanted to have more heroes trained in the Murim Schools. If something was going to happen they needed to be prepared. They couldn't lower their standards, however. Those chosen from Murim had to have the right values. Hardworking, loyal, etc. So many of the Murim children were spoiled. They wouldn't last a day in Aizawa's class. It was why he brought the man with him. If he were to approve of someone they likely would fit into what they needed.

UA wasn't the only Hero School that sent teachers. Nezu had seen Ms. Joke in the crowd talking to one of the older adults. A man in a suit with fox-like facial features. Some of the smaller schools were around in the crowd looking in with interest.

It wasn't a normal competition this year, however. This year it was the biggest event for Murim. They called it the Shinmujengpe. Not much was known about the Shinmujengpe. It is a contest of upcoming martial artists in which they fight for seats in nine different arts. Its seat refers to a single technique and each seat traditionally belongs to a certain School or Clan. Only that it happened every ten to twenty years.

Each seat was not necessarily attained only by a student of the school to which the seat traditionally belongs. It is possible for a single person to attain more than one with the ultimate level of one person attaining all seats. By tradition, the position of Nine Arts Dragon, holder of all seats, should never be attained by a single person. There were a handful of people that held more than one seat. One such person was part of the Murim Alliance.

"Welcome Principal Nezu," said a warm voice.

Aizawa spent around so that they were facing a tall man. He had four inches on Aizawa and he had light brown hair with hazel eyes. He wore a white dress shirt and black slacks. On the breast of the shirt was a crest of a Bengal tiger. This was Kang Sung the Sammunryong, the Three Arts Dragon.

Nezu returned the greeting, "Thank you, Kang Sung. It is good to be here. How many are participating this year?"

Kang Sung said, "At last count, it was over five thousand. The entrance is about to close and they will move to the arena."

Aizawa gruffly asked, "Anyone of note to keep an eye out for?"

Kang Sung ran a hand over his face thoughtfully, "If rumors are to be believed then the Sunwoo clan will be sending two of its members in. I see Gyu Bum talking to Ms. Joke. He is a retainer for them."

Gyu Bum so that was the fox-like man. He wondered if any of the clans would make it into one of their schools. The Sunwoo Clan mostly kept to themselves. Nezu was curious to find out more but he caught a movement from the corner of his eyes.

He turned in Aizawa's scarf so that he could see it more clearly. A boy entered wearing a black shirt with no signs of any crests on it and black cargo pants. His hair was black in color with the tips shining green when the light hit it. It was cut in an undercut. From his position, Nezu couldn't see his eye color. He could however see something black in color on his neck.

A tattoo? A soul mark? It would have to be a parental soul mark. Then he saw that the boy's hands were gloved. That was unusual. He was the first Nezu had seen that wore any kind of gloves. They looked like regular gloves, not even boxing gloves. Strange.

Kang Sung asked curious, "What are you looking at, Nezu?"

"That boy," replied Nezu pointing a paw to the one who caught his attention, "Who is he?"

Kang Sung looked confused as he followed the point. It only deepened when he saw the boy.

"I don't know."