Actions

Work Header

We're in this together

Summary:

Before the situation with Hae happens, Jinnie takes the time check on Shioon and address a certain phrase uttered that was left uncorrected.

Notes:

So I'm not expecting this to get many, if any, clicks but for any who does see this please know The breaker season 3 is out and BACK BABY! I love this series and wish it was as big as Solo Leveling or whatever but a small community is still welcomed anyway. So I hope you enjoy the quick and spicy (kinda) story and leave me any critics you have as long as its not trolling.

Work Text:

Shioon stands up feeling like everything is set for Ha Jae to begin his Ki Meditation himself. He walks to the couch and flops down on it blowing out a bunch of exhausted air. 

 

Man, I need to go back to Sera's master and thank her fully for all that she did circulating my Ki back then, this job is exhausting! Well for now I'll let him sit for about a hour then I'll-

 

As his contemplation starts to get moving Shioon feels two arms snake around his neck, he starts to tense up until he feels a chin rest atop his head, something only one person does to him. 

 

"So you were still here huh Jinnie?" He ask to the red head he met last year. 

 

He hears a click of her tongue first. "You knew I was here the whole time, keep acting like this and I'll finish our little sparring match from earlier." She says while playfully tightening her grip on him for a few seconds. 

 

At this Shioon snickers, something he just realized he hasn't done in a few weeks. His quick moment of happiness quickly evaporates and Jinnie notices immediately. She walks around the couch and slow sits on top of Shioon, practically straddling the young master. The motion makes Shioon, who has always found Jinnie to be a very alluring woman, jolt in surprise. Her surprises don't stop there, she starts to run her fingers through the back of his hair, leaning forward making sure her chest presses against his slightly. 

 

The young man feels a bit of a sweat starting to build but when he looks into the young girls eyes all his nervousness turns to curiosity as he can't really tell what's behind those blue irises. 

 

"What's wrong Jinnie?" 

 

"Hmm? What makes you think something's wrong with me?" 

 

"Well you normally don't do things like this so what's up?" 

 

"Well, that punk called me your girlfriend and you just let it slip so I'll just act like one." She says with a small smirk on her face. 

 

Shioon chuckles at that, missing that action more than he realized, and yet again his quick moment his stolen away. However, after his second mood swing Jinnie catches his chin and makes him lock his eyes with hers. 

 

"You can't even be happy for two seconds now can you?" Jinnie asks with a solemn tone seeing her friend and crush in such a state.

 

"Not sure there's much to be happy about right now Jinnie. The Murim alliance is in disarray, the defense force is lacking in sufficient help, I'm still recovering and training with a guy I hate, Nine arts dragon is gaining more power while needing to be stopped and now I have to help Ha Jae." Shoon answers, body getting tenser with each thing he lists out that causing him stress. 

 

Jinnie looks over to the younger boy that Shioon involved his self with two weeks ago, a question on her mind that she finally lets out. 

 

"Why are you helping this kid out exactly? Hell you even gave the pills that are supposed to be helping you, very important pills-" 

 

"I know, Sera lectured me enough already." Shioon interrupts putting a hand up and leaning his head back against the couch. He takes a deep breath, letting the memoires of the past couple of days flood through his mind. With his exhale comes his answer that he didn't want to admit. "When I meet Nine arts dragon, I was about to commit suicide. Tired of the bullying, feeling alone, having no power, and just ready for everything to end I was prepared to jump off the top of the school and say goodbye to my miserable life. Then he stopped me...well he kicked me off the roof and almost killed us both but either way. That's how everything started, and that kid was going through the same thing. I didn't plan to help Jae, but now that I have I'm so conflicted. I'm glad that helped this kid, but now it feels like I'm acting just like 'he' did. Like a goddamn monster." 

 

Those last words cause a strong tightening in Shioon's body, something the made Jinnie grab his head and embraces him, pressing his head tightly against her chest while her legs wrap around his hips. At first Shioon reacts like any other teenage would, but after feeling the soft strokes on his hair he begins to relax against the comforting hold. 

 

"I think you're doing the right thing, not to mention it's just who you are. I remember a scrawny weak guy dropping first aid supplies to this angry girl after she already threatened her twice." Jinnie says feeling the soft chuckles from Shioon, softly wishing he would just laugh like he used to, but she continues. "I think the fact you're so worried about if you'll turn out like him makes you so much better. You didn't learn from him because you knew he was one of the biggest dangers to the Murim world, you thought he was a strong and kind teacher. Honestly, just for you he might of been." 

 

"No," Came Shioon's quick reply surprising Jinnie. "when I started replaying certain things he said, and things he'd done, he was always the way he'd been portrayed. I just foolishly ignored it and created this kind teacher in my mind. Something that turned out to be a lie, so yeah I'm worried about the same thing happening now just that the roles are reversed."

 

Jinnie grabs Shioon's face from both sides and turns it up so they look each other in the eyes. Jinnie saw sadness accompanied by worry and pain, Shioon saw a bit of sadness and grief with a glimmer of tears starting to build up. 

 

"You're not him Shioon, your not fabricating some kind person it's just who you are. I get it, you're upset, pissed off even. A lot of terrible things have happened to you, and you're large heart makes you feel even worse when you think about the pain of the people you care about and what suffering they're going through because of the man you cared about and tried to do so much to try and save. That is a person who doesn't have to worry about being evil, or manipulating this poor kid that reminds you of your past self." Jinnie leans her forehead down until it touches Shioon's softly, her hands sliding down from his face to his shoulders lightly gripping them. "I know you blame yourself for what happened to Grandpa, it makes it hard for you to be around me, and I can't tell you not to worry about things like that since it's in your nature. But, I just need you to remember that you're not alone, I'm here with you and we're in this thing together okay?"

 

Shioon feels his body lighten from the tension that arose from the shift Jinnie makes and brings his hands to meet hers holding them softly while adding a little force against her forehead. A smile, an important one despite how slight it is, forming on his face. 

 

"You know this part of life did start with just the two of us didn't it? Can I count on you to being on my side till the end Jinnie?"

 

"Of course you can." 

 

At those words the two look up, and immediately take into account their faces were mere inches away from each other. Feeling each others breath lightly touching the others skin, eyes locked deep together, Jinnie's hands tightening on Shioon's shoulders, Shioon letting his hands snake up the toned legs of Jinnie until they reached her slim hips making her jolt. Breaths growing heavier, hungrier, they inch toward each other slowly, eyes closing, lips just about to tou-

 

*RING* *RING* *RING*

 

The abrupt ringtone from Shioon makes the two separate quickly. Still looking into each others eyes, this time each seeing the hard blush plainly evident. The resuming of the ringtone makes Shioon move to fish for his phone while Jinnie jumps off of his lap, quickly walking away to the wall trying to calm down. 

 

"Yeah," Shioon answers trying to make sure he sounds calm. "what's up Sera? Oh that report is ready? You want to meet up right now? Uh..."

 

Shioon looks over to Jinnie who doesn't look at him just waves her hand in a shooing motion telling him to go. A small smile is on his face as he turns back to his call. 

 

"Yeah that won't be a problem, I'll head your way right now. See you in a bit. Okay bye." 

 

Shioon slips his phone back into his pocket, turns and walks to Jinnie with his amenity rising. When she refuses to face him he decides to just speak up instead. 

 

"I..uh, have to go check on something, can you...um watch over Jae for me please Jinnie?" He shakily asks. 

 

"Uh huh, sure, got it." Jinnie squeaks out still unable to look at him, her blush still evident on her face. 

 

Shioon starts to turn around but stops in place to consider something. After a few moments to confirm his actions he turns back to Jinnie and in a flash moves to grab the fiery girl's shoulders and pulls her back just enough to plant a kiss on her cheek quick. He then walks to the door almost just as fast, but looks to the shell shocked girl one last time before leaving. 

 

"In this together right? I'll be looking forward to your side of that when I see you next time okay." He says with a cheeky smile, albeit with a completely red face as well. Still he leaves after saying that leaving his 'Girlfriend' stuck in place a stuttering mess. 

 

When she finally calms down she walks back towards Jae and takes a seat on the floor close to him, a large smile plastered on her face. 

 

"Yeah, you and me together buddy. Just wait till you get back, I'll pay you back a thousands times back." She whispers to herself, looking forward to what comes next for the first time in a long while.