Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2022-04-30
Updated:
2022-07-06
Words:
8,595
Chapters:
8/?
Comments:
5
Kudos:
27
Hits:
598

Cirque de la Cocinelle - Miraculous Ladybug Circus AU

Summary:

Ring Leader, Marinette Dupain-Cheng has gathered the best talent throughout the country, creating Cirque de la Coccinelle (Circus of the Ladybug.) Travelling from town to town, their performance has dazzled fans with clowns, trapeze acts, magicians, and other stunt-related artists. Come and see things your mind could never encompass!

*Warning: There will be a few chapters involving alcohol. I do not own Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, any of the characters, etc.

Chapter 1: A/N

Chapter Text

    Yes, I did think to call this story Cirque de la Miraculeuse, but that was already taken.

    I want to keep the time period ambiguous, (somewhere between 1960 - 2000,) so I'm using French francs (₣) for currency instead of euros (€.)  Although I know the ₣ symbol was never really used outside of accounting purposes, but instead FF or FRF.  In spite of that, I'm sticking with ₣ because it's easier for most to understand as a currency symbol.  Also, given inflation and exchange rate, the prices of everything in this story will look really cheap (compared to today.)

    There will be a few mentions of alcohol, as the characters are all adults (20+) in this story.  There will also be a lot of shippy moments, but nothing more than kissing.  This story is going to stay PG-13.  Ships involved will be: Adrienette, Julerose, Marcthaniel, Lukagami, Alyno, Kimdine, Myvan, and most likely Chlobrina.

    This is also gonna be a pretty long story (at least ten chapters,) and I probably won't be able to get all the chapters out very quickly.  I'll try not to put too many A/Ns in the story, but if I need to, I'll keep them at the end of the chapters.

    Requests are not open for this story, however, they are open for my Miraculous Assorted Ships book.  So if you want to see something specific, feel free to go check that out.  I hope you enjoy!