Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Litte girl, you're in the middle of the ride [Homeschooled Chloé AU]
Stats:
Published:
2022-04-22
Completed:
2022-12-22
Words:
11,649
Chapters:
9/9
Comments:
148
Kudos:
476
Bookmarks:
62
Hits:
8,400

Ready to eat the world

Summary:

“Adrikins!” Chlóe yeeps, running towards the blond.

“Chlo!” Adrien catches her in his arms, lifting her off the floor and spinning effortlessly.

The two blonds laugh, giddy like they are the only two people in the whole world. Before Adrien puts Chloe back on the floor, they share a forehead touch that lasts for a good few seconds, eyes closed and all.

“You are here,” Adrien says, staring at sky blue eyes. “Finally.”

“I'm here,” Chlóe confirms, staring back at emerald green. “Finally.”

There are three seconds of pure bliss between them before a soft, very fake cough drags them back to reality. Turning at the same time, they blink at Marinette, whos looking between them like there's something wrong.

Chapter Text

Chlóe sighs, tapping her foot impatiently against the concrete. Her father, the mayor of Paris, André Bourgeois, is sweating bullets in front of her.

“B-But, sweetie…” André tries to plea, “you can just… stay homeschooled for one more year…”

“No way,” Chlóe emphatically denies. “You promised me, daddy. I'm getting in that limo and there's nothing you can say to stop me.”

André knows his daughter is right and that he wouldn’t even dare consider using physical force. Giving up, he drops his sight to his shoes, tired eyes widening when a mop of shiny blond hair, sky blue eyes and a little smile appears again. Chlóe, hands on her knees, looks up at her father with understanding and a hint of defiance nevertheless.

“I'll be okay,” she assures, patting her father's chest. “Adrikins will be there. I'm dying to see him.”

André winces and Chlóe bits her lip.

“Fine,” she concedes. “That was a bad joke. It won't happen again. Probably.”

André hugs her daughter, tight but careful. Chlóe hugs him back.

The mayor watches her princess get on the limo, wave at him and disappear from his sight with a heavy heart.

She'll be fine. He tries to convince himself. She's strong. Just like her mother.

André gulps, shakes his head and puts his concerns at the back of his mind. Time to go back to work.


Adrien is trying really hard not to fidget in his place.

Where is she? His mind demands, his finger tapping his side, his other hand holding his neck. She's late.

“Umh, Adrien…?” Adrien turns to the soft voice, finding Marinette standing a few feet away.

“Oh, hi,” he smiles at her. Marinette blushes, scratching the back of her head. “Is everything okay?”

“Uh? Ah, yes!” The girl clears her throat. “I just-I saw you and- we are going to be late to class if we don’t hurry!”

“It's okay,” Adrien assures. “Go ahead. I told miss Bustier I would introduce our new classmate to the school building.”

Marinette blinks, something Adrien will always find cute.

“New student…? With you-I mean! That’s so nice of you!”

Adrien chuckles, shaking his head.

“Oh, not really. You see, I-“

A loud claxon interrupts Adrien's words and the two teenagers turn to where the sound is coming. Adrien's face lights up the second his eyes lay on the large vehicle while Marinette's widen. Isn't that the mayor's limousine?

The limo stops in front of the school building, the passenger's door opening before the driver even has time to come out of his side of the car.

“Adrikins!” Chlóe yeeps, running towards the blond.

“Chlo!” Adrien catches her in his arms, lifting her off the floor and spinning effortlessly.

The two blonds laugh, giddy like they are the only two people in the whole world. Before Adrien puts Chloe back on the floor, they share a forehead touch that lasts for a good few seconds, eyes closed and all.

“You are here,” Adrien says, staring at sky blue eyes. “Finally.”

“I'm here,” Chlóe confirms, staring back at emerald green. “Finally.”

There are three seconds of pure bliss between them before a soft, very fake cough drags them back to reality. Turning at the same time, they blink at Marinette, whos looking between them like there's something wrong.

“Uh, do you mind?” Chlóe raises an eyebrow, seizing the stranger. “I'm trying to have a moment with my boyfriend.”

“What-,” croaks Marinette.

“Be nice, Chlo,” Adrien smiles at the blonde and looks back at his brunette friend. “And yeah. You do know who Chlóe is, right, Marinette?”

“Marinette?” Chlóe squints at the other girl. “You are my Adrikins' dear friend?”

“I-“

“And don’t be ridiculous,” Chlóe sends Adrien a look and a pout. “Of course, she knows who I am. Everyone in Paris knows my name.”

“Marinette was talking,” Adrien softly chastises Chlóe.

Sky blue goes back to squint at blue bell. Marinette gulps, tries not to fidget.

“Marinette,” Chlóe says. “What's your last name?”

“Dupan-Cheng,” Marinette says.

Chlóe's eyes lit up.

“You are the daughter of the owners of the best bakery in Paris?!” She sounds delighted, coming forward to take Marinette's shoulders between her hands. “And you are Adrikins friend! Ah, this is fate!” she laughs. “Yes, totally fate. You are my new friend, Marinette Dupan-Cheng.” Making a pause, glancing at her boyfriend, Chlóe huffs and adds. “…If that’s okay with you… that is…?” and she proceeds to pressure Marinette to answer by staring at her.

Marinette looks at Adrien looking for help, and her heart aches, squeezing inside her chest when she finds her crush since two years ago focusing only on the girl that has her trapped.

He has a girlfriend, her mind hammers. Adrien's girlfriend is none other than the mayor's daughter, Chloé Bourgeois, famous for organizing awesome parties which she never personally attends…

“Sure…” Marinette answers, feeling defeated. She doesn’t even look the blonde in the eyes as she gives her response.

“I knew you looked smart,” Chlóe praises, satisfied and links her arm to Marinette's right. “Now come, new friend. You, Adrikins and I are going to have an awesome first day!”

“Sure we will!” Adrien laughs, taking the freehand Chlóe offers him and intertwining their fingers together.

“Sure…” Marinette whispers, letting herself be dragged along.

In the middle of her boyfriend and her new girl friend, Chlóe glows, ready to eat the world.