Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 13 of Miraculous Team
Stats:
Published:
2022-04-19
Completed:
2023-06-29
Words:
158,404
Chapters:
27/27
Comments:
28
Kudos:
40
Bookmarks:
6
Hits:
5,193

Miraculous Team: Feathers of a Peacock

Summary:

Sequel to Miraculous Team: Cosplay Chaos - With Miss Bustier now knowing about the Miraculous Team idenitites, Marinette and her friends visit London. At the same time, a lost miraculous is discovered, the peacock miraculous, and its holder, La Paon, shows up. But is she friend or foe? And what can her mysterious past with Hawk Moth mean for our heroes?

(AU where everyone in Marinette and Adrien's class has a Miraculous. Numerous relationships MarinettexAdrien, AlyaxNino, RosexJuleka, ChloexSabrina, KimxAlix, IvanxMylène, NathanielxMarc, etc)

Notes:

Hey there, everyone! Here we are with a new adventure, featuring your favourite Miraculous Heroes from an alternate universe. Can't believe that is the 12th fic in this AU, as well as the 11th adventure of the Miraculous Team. This fic has been set for nearly two years now, when I first sketched the first written drafts, so you can imagine that it is something that I’ve been wanting to write for a little now. This adventure will also mark the first time our heroes go outside of France, even if it's just for a weekend. And this fic also marks the introduction of the holder of the peacock miraculous, who is quite different from Mayura, and who has an intricate past with Hawk Moth. As always, we'll also be seeing some really cute moments featuring your favourite ships, mainly MarinettexAdrien, AlyaxNino, ChloexSabrina, KimxAlix, RosexJuleka, NathanielxMarc and IvanxMylene… and of course, there will be a lot of cosplay, as well. And now, on with the show!

Chapter 1: Weekend in London

Chapter Text

The day did not start off on the right foot for Kim. He did not hear his alarm clock going off, and was late for school. When he arrived in class, his teacher warned him that that could not happen again, or else, she would be forced to send a note to his parents. During physical education class, he ended up on the football team that lost. And at lunch, Alix got the last plate of spaghetti Bolognese. You could tell that Kim felt like he should not have left the house that morning. But he tried to ignore everything bad that happened to him, for he had good reason to do so. He, and the rest of his class, along with most of the classes in Collège Françoise-Dupont were going on a trip out of the country. Like every year, during the first days of May, the school organized a three-day trip to a European city, in order to visit a museum or an exhibition. Needless to say, that the opportunity would also give the students to discover the city and expand their cultural horizons. And that year, the city that had been chosen for the trip was London, where they were going to visit the British Museum.

Kim was not very keen on spending a whole day inside the British Museum. But he knew that the following two days, would be incredible, because Miss Bustier would allow him and the others to come up with the itinerary, and pick where they wanted to go and what they wanted to visit. And the price for such an extravaganza was quite cheap; a 10-page report on one of the exhibits in the British Museum.

As he packed, he tried to look for his coolest and nicest clothes to put in the travel trolley. He had checked the weather forecast for the following days, and London was going to have cloudy skies, but no rain, which was a great thing. Just thinking about all the things, he was going to do there, made him wish it was already time to leave, such was his enthusiasm.

"Three days away from Paris. Three long days… It's going to be awesome!" -Kim said, as he finished packing. –"I've never been so happy that Victory Day landed on a Monday, you know? Because instead of returning on Sunday night, we only come back on Monday afternoon." -he told Imp, who was nibbling on a spring roll. –"That will give us a little bit more time in the British capital… in fact, if we think about it, we'll be staying there for three and half days."

"The way you're talking, it's like you never went anywhere before." -Imp shot at him, before gulping the rest of the spring roll.

"Do you know how long has it been, since I left the country?" -Kim asked Imp. –"Three years. And no, I don't consider crossing the frontier of France into Monaco, as getting out of the country. Monaco isn't a real country, it's a sovereign city" -he said –"The last time I was out of the country, was on a trip to visit my grandparents on my mom's side of the family, in South Korea. So, yeah, I'm super excited to be able to get out of Paris for a little bit."

"I can see why you're so excited… but let me just tell you, that a lot of people would disagree with you, regarding what Monaco is. Just saying." -Imp told him.

"Oh, yeah? Then, let them disagree with me all they want, Imp. All it matters is that I'm going to have a great time in London, and there's nothing anyone can do to prevent that from happening." -Kim laughed, thrilled about the trip. –"Why aren't you celebrating with me?

"London isn't that much different from Paris. It's a city. You seen one, you seen them all." -he said.

"Says you." -Kim shot back at him. –"The two cities are as different as the day is from the night." -he said, when he felt a stinging pain coursing down his back. -"A-Argh!" -he yelled.

"What's the matter?!" -Imp asked him.

"I-It's just that pain in my back, from what happened to me yesterday." -Kim huffed, as he laid down on the bed. –"That was some battle yesterday…" -he sighed. –"… I think I even broke my own record for broken concrete walls with my body."

The battle he was referring to was the battle against an Akuma that showed up in the Paris Zoo, named Tamer, who had the ability to control wild animals to do its bidding. Helping him, was Reptile. The first one to show up to face Tamer was Alya, who was visiting her dad at work. Transforming into Rena Rouge, she rushed towards battle, as soon as she found a way to get separated from her dad. Shortly after, Corbeau Noire, Carapace and Chat Noir showed up to lend her a hand. Kim, as Antelope was the last of the heroes, who responded to the appeal, to arrive, but when he did, he went toe to toe with the Akuma. The battle went on for almost half an hour, but in the end, they emerged victorious.

"It was. And that's why you should take it easy for a little bit." -Imp said. –"You went through six solid concrete walls. And even if Nino did a good job healing you up, you can't strain yourself." -he said, worried about Kim's health. –"And the same thing applies to crazy stunts and swimming classes."

"I can't take it easy, when it comes to swimming classes. That new girl, who's in my class is determined to be the fastest swimmer in class, and I can't have that." -Kim said.

"You mean Ondine?" -Imp asked him.

"Ondine? That's her name? I usually just call her "lightning", because she's as fast as one, when in the water." -Kim confessed, when he realized Imp knew her name. –"Hey, how do you know her name?" -he asked him.

"Unlike you, I tend to hear your swimming coach, when he talks." -Imp answered him, as he landed on top of Kim's lamp.

"I already told you, that I can't hear a thing, when I'm wearing those ear plugs." -Kim reminded him. –"It's not my fault I need them, so I don't get water inside my ears." -he said.

"Excuses, that's what that it is. I've seen others wearing ear plugs, and they can hear perfectly. You just have your head in the clouds, when you're in the water." -Imp said, with a voice filled with sarcasm.

"Whatever. I can't let her beat me. I'm the fastest swimmer in that class. If I allowed her to beat me, it would be as bad as if Alix beat me in a competition." -Kim said. –"I got a name and a reputation to uphold, remember?" -he told the kwami.

"There you go with that rivalry of yours with Alix." -Imp sighed. –"I love a good rivalry as the next kwami, but you've got to stop that, Kim. You'll gain nothing if you keep competing like a maniac." -he told him.

"It's in my nature to compete with others. If I don't do it, it's almost like I'm not being myself." -Kim confessed.

"I just wished you were this competitive with your grades." -Imp sighed.

"Hey, my grades are good. They don't make me top of the class, but I haven't flunked at any subject." -Kim replied. "Also, there's a place and a time to be competitive, and in my case, it ain't school, unless of course, we're talking about physical education." -he pointed out.

"I give up… you're impossible." -Imp sighed, rolling his eyes. –"I love this kid, but sometimes manages to get me on my nerves." -he thought to himself, as he landed on Kim's bed. –"But going back to what we were talking about before, try to take it easy for the next week or so. Transform only, if necessary. You don't want to get a permanent injury, which would be hard for you to explain to your parents."

"Okay…" -Kim told him. –"But I won't make promises. You know that sometimes a person doesn't have that kind of choice." -he said, when his stomach grumbled. –"Guess it's time for a snack. Do you want another spring roll?"

"No, thanks. I already ate enough of them for today." -Imp said.

"Okay. Don't say I didn't offer you… You know, the first thing I'm going to do, when I get to London, is to have a jumbo plate of Fish 'n' Chips." -Kim declared. –"It's the only good thing those brits can cook, anyways." -he joked.


And while Kim dreamed about Fish 'n' Chips, in the Lavillant residence, Rose was trying to decide which clothes she was going to take on that trip to the UK, with a little help from her mother, Flora, who believed she was not taking enough clothes with her, for the three days she was going to be there. Her bedroom looked like a field of war, with t-shirts, jeans, sweaters, jackets, shorts, shoes, among other things, spread all over the place. This usually happened when Rose's mom lent it her a hand, packing, and the blonde knew that once they were finished, she would have to put everything back the way it was.

"Mom, it's only three days… a weekend." -Rose said, as her mother helped her packing. –"I'll be back on Victory Day. I only need a couple of things." -she said.

"I know it's only for a weekend, my sweet lily pad. But it's best to take things that you might not need than to not take them with you, and then needing them." -Flora told her daughter. –"And you know that London isn't like Paris. It's always raining there."

"I don't think it's always raining there, mom." -Rose chuckled. –"And I've checked the weather report. We're going to have a cloudy weekend, but no rain." -she said.

"Well, maybe not. But the odds of raining are a lot higher, than they are here. And weather forecasting isn't an exact science." -Flora said. –"Besides, you'll look super cute with this on." -she said, as she grabbed one of Rose's trench rain coat, which she knew was one of her favourites. –"That way, you'll bet to wear those new boots I bought you last month."

Besides being an accomplished florist, Flora Lavillant prided herself in being a little bit of a fashion expert, when it came to choosing her daughter's clothes. Like Rose, she too was obsessed with the colour pink, and tried to wear, at least one piece of clothing with that same colour, every day.

"And who will be staying with you?" -Flora asked Rose. –"Did the teachers assigned who would be staying with who in the bedrooms?" -she asked her.

"Oh, Juleka will. We'll be sharing the bedroom." -Rose chirped happily.

"Just the two of you?" -Flora asked her. –"I thought you would be sharing the room with three girls, not just one, lily pad." -she said.

"So, did I. But Miss Bustier said that the travel agency booked us into a different hotel at the last minute, and that instead of having four students per room, there will be two students per room." -Rose clarified. –"I don't mind. It means that I get half the room just for myself, and I'll be sharing it with my best-friend." -she joked.

"I see." -Flora said. –"Well, I guess it'll be good for you, because if you start to snore, Juleka won't mind." -she said, as she packed another shirt for Rose. –"I remember, from all the sleepovers you two had, that she's a heavy sleeper."

"Mom, I don't snore!" -Rose exclaimed, in an amused tone.

"Oh, yes, you do, Rosey." –Flora told her. –"You snore, just like everyone else." -she declared.

"You really do." -Flint thought to himself, as he observed mother and daughter, from his secret hiding place, behind Rose's stuffed unicorn collection.

"But your snores sound like the cutest thing, Rosey." -Flora smiled at her daughter. –"They remind me of noises baby kittens do, when they're calling for their mom. You just happen to be too loud, when making them." -she joked.

"And she really does sound like a baby kitten, when she snores. A very large one." -Flint thought to himself, while trying his best not to start laughing. –"I'm so going to tease her about it, later." -he thought, as his mind began to come up with funny and crazy one-liners.

"Mom, not that I don't find that cute, but how do you know that?" -Rose asked her, as she pulled a pair of sneakers, she wanted to take with her. –"I'm taking these." -she thought to herself, as she put them beside the trolley. –"And do you have any proof of my snoring?"

"Because sometimes I come to check in on you. That's what mothers do." -Flora smiled. –"And as for proof of it, you'll just have to take my word for it." -she said. –"What about these jeans? Or do you want those lavender overalls? You look so good on them."

"I'll take the jeans. The overalls are cute, but I want to look sporty and casual." -Rose admitted. –"And I'm taking this black t-shirt with this crazy unicorn on it. Juleka loves to see me wearing it." -she thought to herself, while imagining the number of selfies the two of them were going to take, with her wearing that t-shirt.

"Oh, my sweet lily pad is trying to impress a boy?" -Flora joked, making Rose blush a little.

"Sort of." -Rose said, as she continued to blush. –"But it's not a boy, mom. It's a girl, and I only have eyes for her." -she thought to herself.

"Well, if you happen to impress that boy, you'll have to tell me, so I can invite him over." -Flora declared.

"Mom!" -Rose cried out, embarrassed.

"I'm just kidding, Rosey." -Flora chuckled. –"But seriously, if you decide to get a boyfriend, you've got to bring him over, so I can

That last comment made Rose feel guilty and down. She hated to not be able to tell her mom, Juleka and her were dating. But her and the Goth had decided to keep it a secret from their families, out of fear they would not understand. The only ones who knew about their relationship were their friends and classmates, alongside their kwamis, as well as Master Fu, Miss Bustier and Juleka's brother, Luka.

"Okay, mom. I promise." -Rose said, faking a smile. –"Don't think about that… don't you dare think about it, Rose! Don't think about bad thoughts! Just think of how much you're going to love spending time with Juleka and the others in London. You're going to have a blast, and all the memories you're going to make, are going to make you smile so hard, your face is going to hurt." -she mused to herself, as she tried her best to put the bad thoughts aside.


While most of her friends took the afternoon to pack what they were taking with them on the trip to London, Marinette had to wait until after dinner. That afternoon she had to help her dad at the bakery, because her mom had a medical appointment.

Because of it, she had time to think of what clothes she was taking with her, while dealing with the customers, who has always, had come to buy all kinds of bread, along with Tom's decadent pastries. So, when it came time to pack her bags, she knew just what to put inside them. Because they were taking a train, and not a plane, they were allowed to take a little bit more luggage, and that meant Marinette did not have to worry about the weight limit, even though she did not plan on taking everything but the kitchen sink wither her to London.

"I think I've got everything, Tikki." -Marinette said, as she looked at her bags, with all her clothes, shoes and accessories neatly packed.

"Did you pack your sketchbook?" -Tikki asked her, in a joyful voice. –"You said you wanted to take it with you, in case you saw something that would inspire you to sketch." -she said.

"It's already here." -Marinette said. –"And I've also packed some cookies for you." -she said.

"Thank you, Marinette. But I'm sure they have cookies in England." -Tikki chuckled.

"I know. But I know that you love my parents' cookies. And since I can take a little bit more luggage with me, I can add a box of cookies to it, without having worry about the weight." -Marinette smiled at her. –"Besides, you deserve them." -she said

"That's very kind of you." -Tikki smiled back at her. –"But if I have to be honest, I'm curious about trying some English cookies." -she said. –"I didn't tell you, but these last couple of days, I went online and looked for the best bakeries in London, and there's one or two that I wouldn't mind visiting, if we have the chance."

"We'll find the time, Tikki." -Marinette promised her. –"We've got two and a half days to do what we want in London; under the supervision of Miss Bustier, of course. So, we'll find a way for you and the rest of the kwamis to also have fun and visit some places you might want to." -she said. –"This trip is much yours, as it is ours, so, it's only fair for you to make the most of it too."

Tikki would be lying, if she said she was not as excited as Marinette was about that trip. Ever since she and the other kwamis were created, that she had been to the four corners of the world, and seen a lot of the world, due to the fact that the miraculouses appeared wherever Hawk Moth showed up. But making a trip with one of her holders was different. She loved Paris, but just like Marinette, she was eager to experience a trip to a different city, where things were similar, but also different. And she knew she was not the only one to feel that way. The other kwamis were also excited about it.

"I can't even remember the last time that all of us were awaken and were able to go on a trip with our holders." -Tikki thought to herself. –"Just like Marinette and her friends, us kwamis are also going to have a wonderful time… or at least, I hope we will. And we couldn't have asked for a better city to visit than London. It's a city completely different from Paris, and with so much to see and do. Just thinking about it, it's making me " -she mused about, when her thought was unexpectedly cut, by an already familiar sound; Marinette's ringtone for Adrien. -"Oh, look, it's Adrien. And it's a videocall, Marinette."

"Thanks, Tikki." -Marinette said, as she grabbed her cell phone and promptly answered it. –"Hello, my silly kitty." -she smiled, waving at her boyfriend.

"Good evening, milady." -Adrien greeted her, with his usual smile. –"I wanted to call you earlier, but the photoshoot took longer than I wanted, and…" -he apologized to her.

"It's okay. I also had a very busy afternoon, at the bakery." -Marinette said. –"Only now I'm packing." -she told him. –"What about you? Have you packed your things for our trip to London?"

"Just finished it." -Adrien answered her. –"Plagg helped me… though, his help was mostly him telling me to remember to pack in a wheel of Camembert." -he admitted, as he looked at the black cat kwami, nibbling a piece of the aforementioned cheese.

"And you're going to take a wheel of Camembert inside your bags?" -Marinette asked him, in an amused tone, knowing he would never do that.

"Of course, not. If I did, my clothes would all end up smelling like stinking cheese." -Adrien joked. –"I may be French, and incredibly handsome, but I'm not Pepe le Pew." -he joked again.

"Well, if you had to be Pepe le Pew, you would have one thing working for you. You do look great in black." -Marinette laughed.

"Thank you. But I think I would pass on the offer. I wouldn't want to look like an animal that stinks like of piece of mouldy cheese." –Adrien continued with the jokes. -"Not wanting to change the subject, but I love it, when I make you laugh. It brightens my day." -he told her.

"And it brightens mine too." -Marinette said. –"And I also love when you act all sappy." -she admitted, causing him to chuckle. –"I still can't believe that we're going on this trip. The two of us… I mean, it won't be just us, alone, but…"

"I know what you mean." -Adrien smiled. –"And to tell you the truth, I still can't believe I managed to convince my dad to let me go on this trip." -he admitted. –"I thought for sure, that he would just say "no" and that would be the end of it. But not this time."

"Do you think Nathalie had anything to do with it?" -Marinette asked him, with a mischievous smile on her face.

"I don't think so, this time." -Adrien said. –"I mean, she knew about the trip, but I had already told her that I didn't know if I wanted to go, because…"

"Because until a couple of weeks ago, we didn't have the means to go, without some of us staying behind to protect the city." -Marinette finished Adrien's sentence.

"Exactly. It's a good thing that the master found that spell to enhance the power of the Shun Yi stones." -Adrien said.

(Flashback)

On that Tuesday, the old master decided they needed to do some training in the astral plane, and so the whole team spent the next couple of hours training their punches in that place. You would think that a training that did not involve physical strength, would be easier on their bodies. But the truth was, it was just as exhausting as a sparring training. And they all felt exhausted, when they finished it.

"I'm exhausted." -Chloe sighed, as she sat down on the grass. –"But at least I'm not sweaty and smelly." -she said

"There's nothing wrong with being sweaty or smelly, Chloe." -Sabrina told her, as she sat next to her. –"I kind of like it. It makes me feel alive." -she admitted.

"Maybe you like it, but not me. For me, it means that I usually need a huge bubble bath after a serious workout." -Chloe said, as she placed her hand over Sabrina's knee.

"Is that your way to brag about the huge bathtub you have in your suite?" -Marinette asked her, in jest.

"Maybe." -Chloe told her. –"And I don't brag about what I have. I merely point it out." -Chloe told her, in a neutral voice.

"Well, point it out, all you want, Chloe." -Alya said. –"I still wouldn't trade my bathtub for yours. But only because it wouldn't fit my bathroom." -she joked.

"It's always good to hear you all in such good spirits." -Master Fu told them. –"You're all progressing quite well in the astral plane. If Hawk Moth decides to attack you in it, you'll be able to counterattack him." -he said. –"So far, he hasn't tried to do it, but we must be vigilant. And as Sun Tzu once said, in The Art of War, "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.".

"So, literally, we must be prepared for anything." -Nino said.

"Exactly." -Wayzz told him, as he descended on Nino's cap.

"Then, it's a good thing we are all preparing for battle, together." -Rose giggled. –"It makes it sound and feel like we're still in class with Miss Bustier, preparing for a test." -she said.

"That's one way to put it, Rose." -Flint told her, as he hovered next to her.

"And speaking of school, I've heard that there's a trip your school is organizing, in about three weeks." -Master Fu said, as he sat on a nearby boulder. –"At least, that's what your teacher has told me." -he said.

"Yes. It's a trip to London, master." -Juleka said.

"But we don't be able to go." -Marinette said. –"Or, at least, we won't all be able to go." -she sighed. –"Some of us have to stay behind, to ensure the city is protected, if Hawk Moth attacks it."

"And we still haven't decided who will go and who will stay." -Max said. –"And I know I said this before, but I'm going to say it again. The sooner we decide it, the better." -he declared. –"And the best way to do it, is through a lottery."

"We're not going to do that, man." -Kim said.

"But it's the most democratic way to do it. That way, everyone has a fair chance." -Max said. –"And the sooner we do it, the better, because if we continue to postpone it, the harder it'll be, because there will always be someone who'll get upset about not being able to go." -he pointed out. –"You guys know that I'm right, even if you don't want to admit it."

"We know, Max, but we're just not in the mood to do that, right now." -Mylene said. –"We'll do it tomorrow, maybe." -she sighed, as she leaned against Ivan, who placed his arms around her, hugging her.

"Yeah, let us all pretend that we'll all be able to go, for one more day." -Sabrina said, as she petted Mika on the head.

The sadness and disappointment in their eyes were clearly visible. But the old master did not even need to look at them, to know that sadness haunted them. Their voices were enough to tell him that. Miss Bustier had told him about the trip, and he immediately knew some of them would have to stay behind. So, he decided to do something about it, and he felt it was the right time to tell them about it.

"That is quite the decision you have to make. But what if you all could go on that trip?" -Master Fu asked them. –"What if you could come back to Paris, from London, with a snap of your fingers?"-he asked.

"That would be wonderful, master." -Rose said.

"Well, I think I can fulfil that wish of yours." –Master Fu told them, which made them look at him.

Telling them about what he was talking about, the old man explained to them that for a few months now, he had been researching a way to amplify the power of the Shun Yi stones, so as to give them all the chance to leave town and come back, in case of emergency.

"I know that having a team as big as yours, there will never be the case, where all of you will be out of town, when Hawk Moth strikes." -Master Fu said. –"But you have all told me about how you wished, you had a way to travel back to Paris, in case those that are left behind, aren't capable of handling the fight, so you could help them." -he went on. –"Well, I figured I could try and help you with that wish of yours."

"Really?" -Rose chirped happily.

"That's great, master." -Nathaniel said

"And how are you going to do that, master?" -Alix asked. –"Because the stones are inside of us now." -she said.

"Don't worry. All you need to do is to stretch your arm like this and open your palm." -Master Fu said, as he got up and went to Mylene, grabbing her right arm and gently positioned it the way he wanted them to do it. –"Like this. And after that, all I need to do is this." -he said, as he drew a rune with his fingertip on Mylene's palm.

Once he finished it, Mylene's palm glowed for a brief second, after which her Shun Yi stone appeared on her palm. Again, the old master drew a rune with his fingertip, which made the stone glow brightly, before being absorbed back into her.

"There. All done." -Master Fu smiled. –"Thanks to that magical rune I cast upon it, I've upgraded the stone's power to allow you to come back to Paris for an emergency." -he said.

"Does this mean, that from now on we can go anywhere we want to?" -Nino asked, hopeful that would be the case.

"No, Nino. I'm afraid this spell only gives you the ability to teleport from London to Paris, without having to come here first." -Master Fu told him. –"It's not what I wanted the stones to do, but this will have to do. I'm still researching on a way to make them fully functional teleport artifacts, which would allow you to do more than just teleporting here. But I'm sad to say, that even I don't know if that will ever be possible." -he said. –"I'm bounded by the knowledge of the books I have access to, unfortunately. The library of magical tomes in this temple is quite big, but the original library of the order was perhaps a hundred times larger than this one. And if there was any book that would allow me to turn the Shun Yi stones into full teleport artifacts, it was surely there."

"It would come in handy, that's for sure." -Rose giggled. –"We would never be late for anything ever again." -she said.

"True. But I guess we'll have to keep wishing for it." -Alya said.

"For now, let's just be grateful that we can go on this trip, without having to worry about not being here to protect the city." -Marinette smiled. –"We still hadn't decide which of us were going to stay behind, but I guess now, none of us have to do it." -she said.

Those had been the best news they had all heard that week. And even though they were tired from training, that news made them forget about how tired they were, and demanded that they celebrated the good news.

"Agreed. This calls for a celebration." -Alya said. –"Does anyone have any suggestions on where we should go from here, to celebrate?"

"How about ice cream? We could pay a visit to Monsieur André. He does the best ice creams in Paris, after all." -Nino suggested.

"Now that's a great idea." -Adrien said.

"I could go for an ice cream." -Chloe said. –"After all this astral plain training, I need something sweet and cold." -she smiled.

"I can already taste my favourite combination… strawberry, vanilla and cherry." -Rose said, as she imagined the ice cream she was going to get.

"I'll pass. I still have a swimming class to go to." -Kim said. –"But you can take Imp with you, and get him an ice cream. He knows his way to the pool where I train, so, he can get there, after he finishes eating." -he said, while looking at the antelope kwami, who he knew wanted an ice cream.

"Then, let's get this done. Do what you have to do to upgrade our stones, master." -Adrien said, as he stretched his arm and opened his hand, with the others following his example.

(End of flashback)

"I just hope we don't have to use them." -Adrien said. –"I would love for us to be able to being a group of regular teenagers, for a couple of days." -he smiled.

"I'm with you, my silly kitty." -Marinette smiled back at Adrien. –"It would be nice to just enjoy ourselves, and have fun." -she said. –"Also, this will mark our first trip as a couple."

"It sure does." -Adrien said. –"Look at us, talking like we've been dating for an eternity and saying things like that." -he joked, making Marinette chuckle.

"It sounds a bit silly; I'll admit it." -Marinette chuckled again. –"But can I tell you a little secret?" -she asked him, to which he nodded. –"Ever since I fell in love with you, I fantasized about us going on a trip to a foreign country and have a romantic dinner in a restaurant, by candlelight. I know it's corny, but…"

"No, it's not corny at all. That is a great fantasy, Marinette." -Adrien admitted. –"I don't know if we'll be able to do it, but I would very much love to share a romantic meal with you by candlelight, while in London, bugaboo." -he told her, making her blush lightly.

"Maybe we can go on a double date with Alya and Nino, or even a quintuple date, if Rose, Juleka, Ivan, Mylene, Sabrina and Chloe feel like doing it." -Marinette said, -"It wouldn't be as romantic, as if it was just the two of us, but it would still be nice." -she admitted.

"We'll talk about it, with them." -Adrien told her, as he winked at her. –"I really wish I could be there with you, right about now, so I could kiss you." -he said.

"Same thing. But we'll both have to wait until tomorrow." -Marinette said, as she blew him a kiss. –"My parents are dropping me at the train station. Who's dropping you off? Your dad?" -she asked, curious, as the craziest thought came to her mind. –"And if he is, I better dress properly. I want to make a good impression in my future father-in-law."

"Nope. Nina and the Gorilla are the ones who are going to drop me off. My dad left for Cape Town, this afternoon, for an emergency meeting, with the representants of the factory that is manufacturing the new designer shoes he designed for his autumn/winter collection, from what Nina told me." -Adrien said. –"Don't know what the problem is, but if Nathalie went with him, then, it's got to be pretty serious." -he said.

"I can imagine. Nathalie only accompanies your dad, when the issue is serious." -Marinette said. –"But I'm sure everything will be fine, and when you come back, your dad will have also come back from South Africa, and you'll be able to tell him all about what happened in our trip." -she said, trying to cheer him up.

Marinette knew it was hard for Adrien, whenever his father left in a business trip. And he did not have to tell her a thing. She just needed to look him in the eyes, and see the sincere wish of having him around, reflected in them. So, she tried her best to cheer him up, and make him see the bright side of the situation. And Adrien knew she was trying to cheer him up, and he loved her for that.

"Thanks, bugaboo. You always know what to say." -Adrien smiled.

"That's what girlfriends and partners do, right?" -Marinette chuckled. –"But as much as I love to talk to you, I think it's best if we save some conversation for tomorrow." -she said. –"We've got to be in the train station, at 6 in the morning."

"You're right. Then, sweet dreams, milady." -Adrien said. –"See you in a couple of hours, Marinette." -he winked at her.

"I'll be counting the minutes and the seconds, Adrien." -Marinette promised him, before blowing him a kiss, and ending the call.