Actions

Work Header

Lyrical Abstraction

Summary:

With nothing available to help protect herself all she could do was grip her pillow in hand as if she was about to go off to fight a pillow fight war. Which really was a useless thing to be holding on to for dear life as if the pillow would magically become some metal shield and protect her from whatever or whoever had just barged into her room. The room was too dark to make out the exact shape of the thing on her floor. Quickly stepping backwards she refused to take her eyes off the unmoving mass on the floor under her window. Even once the door knob of her bedroom door drove into her back she didn't take her eyes off of it as she listened to the mass groan softly and mumble something she could not make out from across her bedroom.

Injured and bleeding Midoriya makes the mistake of breaking into his neighbors bedroom in the middle of the night. Well that's one way to meet his neighbor Sugahara Aoi.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter Text

The sound of the window being slid open had been the only sound to brake the silence of the night, vehicles silently sat among their parked positions on the street. Windows were dark along every building, cause well who would be stirring at nearly four in the morning? Not very many people were awake at such an hour. And Aoi was no exception as she laid curled up in her fluffy blanket, one foot sticking out as if that would help keep her from getting too warm as she slept. Completely unaware of the unexpected visitor she had, that was till the sound of a loud body crumpling to the floor after dragging itself in through the open window. Had the loud thunk not given it away the soft groan probably would have but it went nearly unnoticed as the woman was shaken from her slumber. Half asleep she jumped to her feet at the sounds of an intruder with a scream.

With nothing available to help protect herself all she could do was grip her pillow in hand as if she was about to go to a pillow fight war. Which really was a useless thing to be holding on to for dear life as if the pillow would magically become some metal shield and protect her from whatever or whoever had just barged into her room. The room was too dark to make out the exact shape of the thing on her floor. Quickly stepping backwards she refused to take her eyes off the unmoving mass on the floor under her window. Even once the door knob of her bedroom door drove into her back she didn’t take her eyes off of it as she listened to the mass groan softly and mumble something she could not make out from across her bedroom.

Her left hand moved quickly, hitting the light switch to her bedroom light. At first the flash of sudden light was blinding. But after a couple of blinks her eyes quickly adjust. Now she could actually see what or who had tumbled into her bedroom and was unmoving so far. Now that she could see her intruder she was met with a rather large body as a crumpled mess on her floor. First thing she noticed was that he was male, a mop of messy green curls sat atop of his head. Freckles littered his cheeks. His eyes clamped closed as he groaned again. But she didn’t need to see them to know the mixture of green hair with the dark black outfit with dark green accents was a completely dead give away. She was looking at the current top pro hero in all of Japan.

“Deku!” She gasped surprised to be face to face with the young top hero. Though as she took a step towards him it was clear he was not in the best shape. Blood littered his face, his breathing was quick and shallow, and had his suit not been black it most likely would have been deeply stained with the man’s own blood as his gloved hands were pressed into a hole in his side.

Forcing her shocked body to move she scrambled over towards the man now noticing his beaten up form, blood and dirt clinging to him. The red coloring stains at her window, wall and now carpet beneath him. Dropping to her knees she moved his hand only to watch the blood gushing from the hole. Well fuck that didn’t look good. help! She needed to call for an ambulance. But she also needed to apply pressure. Pressing her smaller hands against the wound had a low groan leave the body before her.

“Alright, you're not dead. That’s good. Now my phone! Where is it! Gotta call for help!” She was rambling to herself before the gloved hand she had moved out of the way gripped at her wrist. This started her as she whipped her head up, her milk chocolate eyes locking with emerald green eyes.

“No ambulance,” he said simply and a little breathless as he watched her delicate eyebrows shoot up beneath her dark bangs.

“What do you mean no ambulance? Your fucking bleeding out on my carpet!” She nearly yelled at him as she leaned a little forwards and applied more pressure to his wound which had him hiss before his bright green eyes seemed to take this moment to take in the stranger before him and the room he was in. Well it was clear now this had not been his window he had crawled into like he thought it was.

“No ambulance. I’m fine,” he said simply trying to sit up. But the action did not go as he planned as her other hand pressed into his shoulder trying to keep him pinned down on the floor.

“Fine my ass! You're not going anywhere. Do not fucking move,” she ordered pushing him back to lay down on her floor before jumping to her feet and racing out of the bedroom. His side suddenly felt cold when she removed her small warm hand from his skin to disappear somewhere into her apartment. She was only gone about a minute, Midoriya had not moved. Whether it was because he wanted to listen to her or it was because he physically couldn’t move he wasn’t sure. But even the action of having tried to sit up had hurt like hell and made him dizzy. The room didn’t spin when he remained still trying to just control his breathing. So he stared at her ceiling till the sound of her footsteps rushing towards him had him turn his head as he watched her drop to her knees beside him once again.

With a couple of clean towels in hand she pressed one of the open hole, at least happy to see blood had seemed to slow a little bit. It was still running down his side soaking his costume and her carpet. The lack of colour in his boyish face though was concerning. It wasn’t a good sign nor was the sweat that had his hair sticking to his face.

“You really need a doctor,” she said, simply watching him softly shake his head at her.

“And why the hell not?” She growled at him as she pressed into the towel with one hand and ripped open the rather large first aid kit she had.

“You know you have quite the mouth on you,” Midoriya said, trying to change the subject.

“Oh well sorry. I don’t exactly enjoy being woken up in the middle of the night to a bleeding out pro hero and trying not to have a heart attack myself,” she growled simply as she pulled out some gauze and disinfectant. He was dirty and she could only assume the wound was too. She couldn’t just bandage him up. This was gonna hurt like hell. She pulled the towel away from the wound before just pouring some of the disinfectant into the wound as she watched his body jerk and hiss at the pain.

“Well maybe if you went to an actual doctor it wouldn’t hurt so much you moron,” she scolded as she watched him as he tried to steady his breathing after her little stunt.

“Can’t,” he said, simply still not answering her desired question.

“And why the hell not? You can’t tell me the number one hero in all of Japan can not afford his medical bills?” She continued to question him as she now eyed up the wound. He really needed stitches and to see a god damn doctor.

“No. An ambulance would draw in the media,” he said simply as the corners of his lips tugged up ever so slightly at her comment. It wasn’t often people took jabs at him or treated him like he was an idiot. Well Kacchan did but that was a different story. Civilians never treated him this way.

“Really? You’d risk bleeding out just to stay out of the news? You're on it nearly every day. Who the fuck cares?” She nearly yelled at him as she pulled the needle and some thread she kept in her first aid kit. Good thing her mother taught her to sew as a kid. Yet being yelled at by a beautiful stranger was oddly enticing as Midoriya found himself smiling softly as he watched her curse at him and scold him.

“Do you always yell curses at strangers?“ he asked, trying to lighten the mood a little bit that only caused her lips to press together harder and her eyebrows to pull together more.

“Do you always break into strangers' homes?“ she shot back which had him flinch realizing he had yet to apologize for that.

“Sorry about that by the way,” he said softly. He would have rubbed at the back of his neck had he been able to lift or move his arms at all. Instead he could only feel his ears growing warm as he blushed a little.

“Yeah well not as sorry as I’m about to be. This is gonna hurt like hell but you need to be sewn back together,” she said as she threaded the slightly curved needle before glancing down at him.

“Here bite this,” she said, handing him a rolled up hand towel. But he shook his head at her.

“I’ll be fine,” he said, simply refusing the clean towel.

“Fine but if you pass out again on my floor I’m calling the ambulance,” she threatened before she pushed the needle through his skin. She really should have gone into medicine or maybe even veterinarian practice. Her chocolate eyes darted up to watch his face contort in pain as she worked before she started mumbling to herself, “jeez I can hear the news now. Top hero Deku was found dead in a twenty six year old woman’s home.”

“Ha you didn’t want an ambulance drawing media attention well you dying sure as shit would draw even more,” she growled not even sure the man could hear her as her fingers worked as quickly as they could to sew the hole up before she tied the thread up. The bleeding slowed to a near stop now. So with gauze pressed over top she used some crappy rip off of surgical tape to keep the gauze in place since she wasn’t sure he could lean up to actually allow her to wrap bandages around his torso. It would also require removing the top of his hero costume instead of her working around and through the hole in his costume. Glancing up at him, her eyes met him once again as she took in the light in his eyes letting her know he was still alive even though she could feel his chest heave up and down with each breath.

“Can you move? You really should not stay on the floor,” she said, her voice a little softer now that she wasn’t scared the number one hero was going to bleed out on her floor.

“Yeah I should be fine,” he said as he slowly forced himself to sit up wincing at the pain that had his arms shaking under his own weight.

“Fine my ass. You're far from fine. But do you think we can get you to my bed?” she asked, watching him closely as she rested a small bloody hand against his back trying to help keep him sitting up even as it looked like he was swaying at the simple action of sitting up. She could only imagine how dizzy he must have been from the blood loss.

“Yeah I’ll get there,” he said before forcing himself to his feet only to watch the room spin uncontrollably around him. His body swayed threatening to just topple over before small arms wrapped around the middle of his back and a slender form pressed against his side trying to help keep him steady.

“Hang on big guy, not so fast,” she said quickly as she tried to help hold his body upright. He was probably a good 182 centimetres tall which brought her 161 centimetre frame to the bottom of his chin when he looked straight ahead. But he seemed nearly as wide as he was tall as her arm struggled to reach all the way around the middle of his back. And he was heavier than she expected but maybe that was due to his own legs threatening not to hold him up as he tried to take a step towards her bed. It was painfully slow but with one step after another they eventually reached the bed where she tried not to just drop him as he sat back on the bed.

Now that he was sitting upright and black dots were not swimming around his vision he could take in the sight of the woman he had so rudely barged into and forced to help him. She wore a baggy t-shirt, the ever so slightest glimpse of shorts under nearly were almost missed. Though telling if they were underwear or extremely short shorts he didn’t really know. And the fact that it could be underwear had the man blushing. His eyes were quick to dart away from her, not allowing her to notice his wandering eyes.

“Your face is a bit red. I hope it’s not a fever,” she said, raising her hand up to press it against his forehead worried that if he spiked a fever then infection could be setting in. Was it normal for an infection to act so fast? She didn’t think so. And with his blood loss his skin was still a much lighter shade then it should be normally. And yet he did not feel unusually warm by any means as her skin touched his.

“Oh Uhm no. It’s Uhm,” the number one hero had turned into a blushing babbling idiot at the sight of a half naked woman standing in front of him. As if to try and get his point across he looked at her then just as quickly looked away. Whipping his head away so fast had his head spinning but it got the point across as she finally realized it was the fact she was standing before him half naked, no bra on and her hair a mess atop of her head.

“What are you thirteen? I’m not naked calm down,” she said simply with a simple roll of her eyes as she straightened up and stuck her hands on her hips.

“Now stay put while I go get you something to drink and maybe some sort of food you will need your strength,” she said softly as she took the chance to turn and walk out of her bedroom leaving the door open as she left the number one hero sitting back on her bed in his still bloody hero costume.

From her kitchen she took this chance to try and steady her fast breathing as she noticed his blood still on her hands and quickly started to wash it down her kitchen sink. How the hell had her night turned into this? What even was this? Was she dreaming? Nope she was indeed awake. Sure patching up idiots who got themselves beat up was not exactly new for her. But patching up a hero? And a top tier one at that? Well this was a first. With her hands now clean she reached into her fridge to grab a water bottle out and then pulled out some bread and sandwich meat making a quick light sandwich before returning to her room to find the man still where she left him. His green eyes seemed a little more alive at least as he looked around the room taking in the clothes that overflowed her hamper, the lack of personal belongings. No photos of her, or friends, or family. Not even a family pet. The top of her night stand was clean and empty, not even a lamp. To be honest the room seemed rather impersonal. And that was just how she liked it.

“Here,” She said, walking towards him with the plate of food in hand

“Thanks again,” He said softly, sounding pretty exhausted. Then again he looked like he had taken a hell of a beating so of course he would have felt exhausted even without the hole in his side.

“Don’t mention it. Though I am curious. How in the world did you end up in my room?” She asked as she watched him pull his bloodied gloves off of his hands now revealing the rather scarred up skin that hid under the gloves. Of course the mention of his little adventure into her window had him blushing again. What a sweet little sugar cookie he was a she watched a grown man blush as he took a bit of his food before answering.

“Oh uhm well I thought it was the window to my place. I must have miscounted,” he said softly, unable to look at her as he eyed up his sandwich before quickly taking another bite. Now that surprised her as she arched an eyebrow at the man. Was he saying he lived not only in this neighborhood but also in a building like hers? No he had to be confused. There's no way the number one hero lived in such a poor and dingy neighborhood.

“I think you're on the wrong side of town hero,” She said simply as she watched him now look at her with a confused look.

“Huh no I’m not,” He said, taking her comment almost a little too seriously.

“Really? So what is the number one hero living among the slums?” She asked with an arched eyebrow.

“Well that's a little harsh. I know the neighborhood is not great. But yes. What better place that could use a hero than this area where crime is high, and people are struggling to make rent. I figured having a hero in the area would be good. It’s statistically shown that neighborhoods with heroes resigning in them have much lower crime rates than those without,” Okay there may have been a little bit of logic put into his thought process but still it seemed too good to think someone like the number one hero actually gave a shit about the little guy in life. She couldn’t help but think the man must have had some other motive. No one willingly lived in this area of town.

“Ha you're giving me the same face Kacchan did when I told him. You’re wondering why the hell I chose a poor area and you're skeptical. Well I am being serious. I’m one of your neighbors, I live in apartment 414. My name is Midoriya Izuku,” He said as he finished off the sandwich she had quickly made for him. Of course hearing him say he lived in the apartment beside her was surprising but she knew it had been vacant for a month before someone had moved into it recently. The place was always quiet so she never bothered to meet the next door neighbor. Getting personal with people was not typically a good idea to her.

“I’m Sugahara Aoi. I live in apartment 412. So now you know to better count the windows you're climbing up to. Though how the hell did you even climb up the side of the building? There is no fire escape,” She asked, arching an eyebrow after she had at least been able to be nice enough to give the man her name since he had been polite enough to tell her his civilian name. Still she never would have imagined that the number one hero in all of Japan was such a soft sugar cookie boy. Was it the odd innocence? The freckles? That boyish face or the awkward grins he would give during interviews that made him always look young? Even in person now, sure he was taller in person and it was clear with the skin tight suit he was muscular. But nothing about him was overly intimidating as he laid out across her bed making it look rather tiny.

“It’s nice to meet you and I am really sorry about breaking into your bedroom in the middle of the night,” Midoriya said, seemingly avoiding her question about how he made it up to the fourth floor of the apartment building with no fire escape to use. Instead he continued to apologize.

“It’s fine so stop apologizing. Get some rest I’ll check on you in a bit,” She said, placing the dirty plate on the nightstand not caring about it as she walked over to her dresser pulling out some clean clothes before leaving Midoriya to rest in her bed for the rest of the night.