Actions

Work Header

Keeping Promises

Summary:

jimin and namjoon promise each other when they're young to get married at 28 if they're still single.. well it comes quickly and they're more prepared than what either would have thought

or minimoni living out their love for one another after so many years of waiting <3

started as pure fluff that i wrote at 3 am but now it's just woah O>O
mainly fluff... now has some smut and angst ;;
and rude parents but we ignoring that -.-

Notes:

this was literally jsut a drabble so words will be messed up and it's written weirdly ig? idek i'm tired but this idea wouldn't leave me alone TT

Chapter Text

kid minjoon.. right? they're two boys. innocent and pure of mind and the curelty of the world... but oh they're kind of nervous. They're only in the third grade and neither of them had had a girlfriend- it seems crazy for people so young to worry about it but oh well. they are. they don't understand why they don't have someone there for them like how hyuna has dawn or chanyeol and his girlfriend- They're sitting in Namjoon's room one day. Jimin on the ground and the other in his bed. It's Namjoon who says anything cause Jimin is too preoccupied with the figurine he had brought with. "why don't we have girlfriends?"

"who needs girlfriends when you gotta best friend?" jimin giggled as he looked up over the bed at the other.

"a best friend is different than a girlfriend.. i can't kiss my best friend."

'and why not?" jimin is trying- innocently truly.

"cause.. well cause it's weird." Namjoon's ears turned red as he sat up in his bed completely, cufrling his legs up to his chest, resting his cheek on his knee to look at the other. "no one kisses their best friend."

"oh really?" jimin asks, narrowing his eyes in a challenging way as he set the toy down and lunged forward, plopping a short kiss onto Namjoon's cheek. "Ta da~ you just got a kiss from your best friend." he said proudly.

namjoon gagged, wiping it off but he wouldn't admit the fact that he kinda liked it. "you're so gross-"

"If having a girlfriend is such a big deal, then just make me yours."

"you're a boy-" Namjoon pointed out the obvious.

"So just cause i'm a boy, i can't be your girlfriend?" Jimin asked, crossing his legs in front of himself as he leaned back on his arms, looking at the other.

"literally, yes." namjoon laughed.

jimin rolled his eyes, "Fine... but... what about this," He paused for a second as he leaned in. "If we're both single by the time we're 26, we gotta get married." he said proudly.

It was reasonable. They were only around 10 so 26 seemed very far away. almost as if thye'd be elderly by that time... so it made sense.

namjoon agreed with a short smile. "fine. but no kisses."

"until then?" Jimin asked.

"Okay."

"One more? Just to tease you?" Jimin laughed a little.

"No-" Namjoon complained but jimin kissed his cheek again.

---

so...

18 years pass. their friendship had been the same basically. a few moments when each of them wavered in their "straight" sexuality and platonic ideals of their friendship... but they remained friends throughout it all.

26th birthday. Jimin's 26th birthday to be exact since his was last of the year and it was before the holidays... soemone remembered the promise. Someone arranged a special dinner with some papers that needed to be signed.

That someone was Namjoon. Namjoon remembered the thing and it seemed so stupid to do now but oh well.. he wouldn't lie or break a promise from so long ago.

He sat at the table in a fancy restaurant alone. The tables around him were vacant since he bought out the place for this special occasion. Rose petals were scattered across the table and around their chairs... Champagne poured for two. He was dressed in a suit coat and dress shirt with some nice pants. His hair done nicely with glasses on... he tapped his finger on the table, glancing at his phone before he picked up one of the delicate petals, gently rubbing it between his fingers.

He knew if he did it long enough the heat and oils from his fingers would corrupt its beauty and shrivel it up to deep dark red remains... he was trying not to think about the metaphor behind it. trying not to put together the fact that maybe.. if he did actually pursue this promise that maybe it would destroy the delicate petal of their friendship. but he didn't have time to dwell on it cause the boy was sitting down in front of him with a messy smile.

a breathtaking smile.

he ran a hand through his dyed blonde hair as he laughed a bit. hsi cheeks were tinted pink and namjoon had to guess it was from the cold uotside. "Sorry i'm late. i was trying to finish up the choreo." he apologized.

'it's okay, truly." namjoon replied. "i poured you some champagne."

"oh?" jimin asked, picking it up to take a sip. "is there a special occasion?" he mumbled as he rested the glass against his lips before tasting some.

namjoon's throat tigthened a bit and he flexed his fingers agains thte silk table cloth. there was a twinge in his heart. a twinge of worry like maybe this was going to end badly but he didn't become a successful businessman for nothing.

"don't you remember?" it's a question that hangs there stupidly. namjoon staring knowingly at the younger from across the table through his glasses, indifferent- or at least trying to remain indifferent throughout it- and Jimin who was staring back, wide eyed and nervous. Not because of the promise. But because he was wrecking his brain trying to remember exactly what he must have forgotten.

"um.." is the first thing said after that. Jimin sets his glass down and clears his throat, fixing the jacket he had on as he sat up some. "could you help me out?" He asked, laughing a bit.

Namjoon smiled warmly at the other, leaning forward slightly as he rested his chin in his hand. "Do you remember when we were 10 years old? We were in my room... that promise?" He asked.

Jimin took a moment... he remembered instantly but he knew it would be better to see namjoon struggle. "A little more information? We were 10 for a whole year and we spent most of our adolesence in your bedroom. We were a bit geeky, Namjoon." He laughed a bit as he swirled the champagne, eyes focused on the sparkling bubbles.

Namjoon sighed, scrunching his nose. "You kissed my cheek-"

"ah, you see, that happened more than once too." Jimin reminded with a chuckle.

"yeah but this was the first time."

"No the first time was when we were in kindergarten and you gave me money for ice cream."

"okay.. but the time after that."

"You mean at my birthday party when you were the only one to show up?"

"no not that one." Namjoon sighed, rubbing his jaw. "We didn't kiss that often."

"For two straight homosexuals "friends", i'd say we kissed quite often." Jimin laughed loudly that time, covering his mouth.

Namjoon rolled his eyes and slipped a folder across the table to Jimin. "This time was special though... maybe you'll remember with this?" He asked.

Jimin took the folder, looking over the paper. He nearly snorted when he saw the marriage certificate blank. "For this to be real, you know, we need at least two witnesses." He replied, looking up through his bangs.

"We've more than one waitress and host here. I'm sure they'll count."

"And what about an actual wedding?" Jimin asked, setting it down on the table open. "you didn't think i'd bend that easy. I've always wanted a big wedding-"

"What about a big-ish wedding. where it's just you and me... anything you want. maybe a few guests.. a destination wedding perhaps?" Namjoon tried persuading.

Jimin hummed, looking at the papers again. "And what about a pen?"

"Blue or black?" Namjoon was quick as he pulled it out of his pocket and offered it to Jimin causing the younger to smile wide.

"You're very eager."

"it's not like i've waited 18 years or anything."

"Please tell me you're kidding- Have you had a crush on me since then??" Jimin asked with a soft chuckle.

"i'll say since 5th grade at least... but i do have to admit, i never hated those kisses. the only thing i truly dislike is what we've always faced, you know? how other kids would call us weird."

"truly wished they would have choked on their dicks." jimin sighed, laugihng a little at the end as he chose the blue pen.

"that would have been interesting." namjoon agreed, eyes glancing down at the papers.
'you haven't signed them yet?'

"I was nervous."

"Didyou think i wouldn't come for our annual birthday dinner? Gosh, i know i've been busy but i'd never miss naything this special." He chuckled, teasing him a bit as he read over it. "No prenup?"

"I'd gladly let you rob me of all of my riches. Wouldn't care a single a bit... just as long as I have you."

"Aww, how sweet." Jimin chuckled, pressing the pen to the paper. His first initial down before he paused.

He was stalling. His body was stalling.

"You do realize that if were to sign this... we would have to consummate the marriage."

"Hey," Namjoon leaned back with a small shrug, a lazy smile on his face though inside he was freaking teh hell out. He had never kissed another person let alone sleep with them. "I figure, we'll take it slow.. who would know if we actually did anything or not aside for ourselves? Plus, even if you don't want it to be physical, we don't have to. We could just be friends in a marriage with no physical affecti-"

"I want kisses though." Jimin said, narrowing his eyes with that challenging look fromw ehn they were kids. He set hte pen down, looking at the other. his first initial only there. "And I want back rubs.. and hugs in the morning."

"I can do all of those things." Namjoon assured.

"And I want you to cuddle me when I'm upset. And if I get scared I want you to hold me." Jimin added and Namjoon nodded.

"I want you to hold my hand when we're in public."

There was a pause. Both of them knew that that would be dangerous yet it slipped out fo Jimin's mouth before he could stop it and now he ddin't have plans for taking it back. Holding hands in public would mean facing political ridicule... being disowned... namjoon's company possibly failing and jimin being blacklisted from every dance or entertainment company out there.

"how about this.." Namjoon mumbled after a second of contemplation. He leaned forward again, reaching his hand across the table to hold Jimin's. "I'll physically hold your hand.. whenever you want, but just know that i'll always hold your hand. This is an equal relationship... I'll always be by your side through the thick and thin... I'll face whatveer is thrown at us with you by my side. I htink that seems pretty fair."

Jimin was quiet, secretly choking down tears as he squeezed Namjoon's hand before quickly signing the paper with the other. "Quickly before i take it back and turn the paper into shreds." He joked, pushing the pen and papers over to Namjoon who signed it without hesitation.

"Very funny." He remarked.

There was another moment of silence where they ehld hands only and simply sat in silence.. jimin was the first to break itt his time.

"Do you really mean it?"

"Mean what?"

"You won't leave?"

Namjoon's smile spread across his face as he nodded his head and leaned forward ot kiss the boy's lips for the first time. It was sweet and Jimin's lips were soft against his own. But nothing was sweeter than the words he whispered to the other. "I promise."

Chapter 2

Summary:

not the wedding but a soft moment before?? it's really sweet TT
also the longest chapter we've got so far :3

Chapter Text

A month passed before they were actually able to do any sort of ceremony, but technically, since the day after that night, they had been legally married. Neither of them wasted time to make it official legally. They both went down to the Ward office and had it officiated. Then a few days later, their official certificate came in the mail. Both of them were excited and even waited for each other before opening the envelope.

But this month... this week was the only time both of them were completely free. It was hard to get out of their prior responsibilities but it was manageable. Namjoon did get a few questions as to why he had to leave for over a week but he just said it was time for a break. Or at least a temporary one... It'd be hard to step completely away. Maybe a few days before he started taking calls on their honeymoon or something...

And Jimin. It'd be hard for Jimin to miss a complete week since part of his job was to keep up with the ever-changing entertainment community. He'd have to sneak a couple glances at his phone against the "no phones" rule they both had agreed on, but it was worth it.

Today was the day. The day of their closed off ceremony. It wasn't at a church or even somewhere public but at leas they had the officiator there. Someone to say their vows in front of...

There was a knock at Jimin's door early in the morning, before the sun had even come up and the only reason he was awake was because he couldn't sleep. He was too nervous for today, but the last person he expected to be behind the door was his husband.

He glared slightly, ready to complain when he saw the other. "What are you-"

"No, no talking." Namjoon said, hastily pushing himself into the apartment. He gently picked Jimin up and set him back down a few steps away once he shut the door behind them.

"I swear- when you pick me up like that, it makes me feel like a kid." Jimin grumbled.

"You are younger than me."

"By one month and a day!"

"Still younger than me." Namjoon replied as he ran his hands through his hair with a wide smile.

"Why're you awake at 5 am?" Jimin asked.

"Why are you awake at 5 am?" Namjoon mimicked like they were kids again with a childish grin. "I couldn't sleep a wink at all. Honestly, I haven't been able to sleep since I last saw you."

"We saw each other last night." Jimin remarked.

"Yeah well I couldn't sleep because of it."

"Pure excitement?"

"I guess you could call it that... but truthfully, I couldn't even help it. I know today will go well. I do, but I'm terrified. I've never been married before and we both know how my parents' went-"

"Oh... so you think we'll end up divorced. Isn't that like a bad thing to say the day of a marriage?" Jimin asked, pursing his lips as he walked into the kitchen to get them some tea.

"Well... I'm not saying that. The thought hasn't crossed your mind?" He asked as he sat down on the couch. "Like... couples end. We've never been a couple but we just jumped into marriage. And I don't even know if this is me getting cold feet or if this is pure anxiety? I've never felt this nervous before."

Jimin was quiet as he listened, sliding his slippers across the floor as he made his way to Namjoon, setting the drinks down in front of him before he sat next to the other. He took a long sip of his tea as he tapped his finger against the glass before he smacked his lips. "Do you wanna know what I think?"

Namjoon waited a moment before he nodded his head.

"I think this is cold feet... You're getting cold feet and I'm lowkey hurt." He said, holding a hand to his chest before he set the cup down. "Did you know that most same-sex marriages do not end with divorce? In fact only 1.1% end in divorce. I bet you didn't look that up, did you? Plus, we spent most of our lives as closeted gays too self-conscious to actually act on any of our feelings even the ones we had for each other. Our case is... different than other cases. And I don't even think you can compare a marriage from back in the day to a modern one considering our lives are different than that of your parents. Do you truly think we could end in divorce? I mean, I didn't even stop being your friend after I found out you still had "Ryan" underwears when we were 15 or that time when you jizzed your pants at the pool when we were 12? I don't even think I've told anyone about those things either." He laughed a little as he pulled his legs up under himself. "It may be a bit early to promise something like this but, we have a history of keeping promises so... I promise to be there forever and always."

"It's actually kind of nice hearing you promise the same thing finally." Namjoon smiled a little as he pat Jimin's knee. "Thank you for keeping all of my secrets too." he added as he rubbed his thumb against his knee.

"Of course! That's what best friends are for! And now you're marrying your best friend so you better not mess this up cause you'll lose your only friend."

"I have other friends-"

"Hyunjoong doesn't count."

"What about Yoongi?"

Jimin pursed his lips again as he narrowed his eyes, contemplating the friendship between Yoongi and Namjoon. "Okay... I guess he counts. But I still have more friends than you."

"Seokjin too." Namjoon added.

"Okay I'll let you have Seokjin... only cause you talk to him more. But I still have more friends."

"You're so competitive."

Jimin lifted his foot, wiggling his toes at the other. "You're married to me, remember that. I control you now."

"You control nothing." Namjoon smirked, laughing.

"You kidding me? Who kissed who first?? I don't remember you giving me a kiss. I did it first." Jimin sat up quickly to glare at the other.

"First of all, I was the one who kissed you... you don't remember that do you?" He asked as he sat up as well, sitting his tea down on the coffee table. "We were four years old- you gave me a flower you found on the playground. The only one the other kids didn't trample or pick, you went and picked it up and gave it to me. Roots and all. And I kissed your cheek in return. It was very quick of course but I was the first."

"I swear to god, if I have to go through all of my childhood photos, I will find a time where I kissed you first."

Namjoon laughed, clapping his hands. "Ah, I'm so lucky. You're so cute."

"And you're annoying." Jimin grumbled as he leaned back into the couch, crossing his arms.

"Sadly, you've no choice but accept that."

"Just like you've no choice but to let me get my way and spoil me for the rest of our lives."

"And if I don't?" Namjoon asked, tilting his head.

Jimin smirked this time, sitting up and crawling the small distance to the other before he sat on his lap and wrapped his arms around his neck.

It was forward... very forward of him and a lot more intimate than what Namjoon was used to which is probably why Jimin hesitated slightly and Namjoon stiffened a little. But it didn't last long at all cause Jimin leaned in with a small smile.

"I'll divorce my most amazing best friend for every penny to his name~" He teased. It was all joking. They both knew they each were too much of a chicken to actually divorce let alone file for it.

"I'm sure you will." Namjoon replied, a smile on his face again as he wrapped his arms around the other's waist. Jimin melted into him, hugging him tightly as he rested his head on his shoulder.

It was quiet for a long moment where Jimin was just listening to Namjoon's breathing, a soft, content smile on his face but he broke the silence, having too much to say right now.

"I kind of like the fact that we're not telling anyone really.. that we're keeping everything to ourselves. It's comforting honestly." He murmured.

"How so?"

"We don't have to worry about who accepts us or whether or not certain people will show up or people to impress." Jimin replied, squeezing him a little.

"That's true... the only thing we've to worry about is when we get back.. when we have our rings on. Do you think people will notice?"

"I hope they do." He lifted his head to look at the elder. "I hope they notice it and I hope they get jealous."

"Ah, you're already at the possessive phase?"

Jimin scoffed as he hit his chest lightly. "First of all, I've always been protective of you. You're my little baby." He squished the other's cheeks together. "And I would have surely murdered anyone who broke your heart."

Namjoon rolled his eyes as he took Jimin's hands from his face and gently held them. "Why are you so feisty today?"

"Maybe I'm nervous for the ceremony today…" he replied, mumbling somewhat shyly as he looked down.

"Ah… speaking of today, aren't we kind of breaking that superstition of seeing each other before the wedding?"

Jimin flicked his head up just to narrow his eyes at him. "Since when do you believe in superstitions?"

"I don't."

"Then why are you asking?"

"I don't know… what if its true?"

Jimin hit his chest again, this time a bit harder. "Kim Namjoon, I swear to everything holy that-"

"So not you." Namjoon cut in but Jimin ignored him. "If you talk about bad things today again I will do something so insidious that it'll haunt your dreams."

Namjoon couldn't help but laugh, covering his mouth with his hand as he gave him a shocked look. "What kind of threat is that?" He laughed.

"What do you mean! I thought that was pretty decent."

"Oh it is. The only downfall is that you're already in my nightmares~" Namjoon teased before he quickly kissed the other's cheek.

"You know, you're kind of a jerk sometimes." He muttered under his breath as he wiped it off of his cheek.

Namjoon stared at him, lips parted in shock. "You did not just wipe my love off of you-"

"Your "love" feels icky. Like.. being licked by a stray dog who might have rabies." He replied with a small smile.

"Ouch… I'm hurt, truly." Namjoon placed a hand over his chest.

“I’m sure you are.” Jimin chuckled as he leaned into him again.

The silence between them crept in again, comfortably. Almost as if they both welcomed it. And it was one of the nicest feelings too. Being able to sit with someone who you’ve come to love in the silence because they were content without saying anything. Namjoon wore a soft smile as he rested his head on top of Jimin’s, gently rubbing his back and Jimin welcomed it, closing his eyes softly. But with the excitement they both had brewing under their skin, they couldn’t hold the tranquility.

“Do you have your suit picked out?” Namjoon mumbled, his voice kind of low like maybe he had fallen asleep in the few short moments they shared together.

“I do… though I don’t know why we actually have to wear suits. It’s not like anyone will actually see us in them. I would have much rather gone with hanbok suits… maybe. Yeah… so there’s an actual reason.”

“Traditionally though, in a wedding… if we were to do hanbok, one of us would be wearing woman’s hanbok.” Namjoon pointed out and he could feel Jimin smile against his chest.

“So you’re saying you wouldn’t like wearing a jeogori? I think you could definitely rock it.”

“Ah yes… with my wide shoulders and everything. I’m pretty sure I’d burst a seam or something.” He chuckled as he shook his head. “But you on the other hand, I’m pretty sure you’re small enough to fit into it.”

“I am not small.” Jimin grumbled as he pinched Namjoon’s side. “And I won’t wear jeogori… you’re more likely to get me into a western wedding dress.”

“Okay okay…” Namjoon stayed quiet for a second. “Can I at least see the suit you did pick?”

“No you may not.” Jimin pulled his head up again to lock eyes with the other. “I worked hard on finding the right colour, right material- even had it tailored. And! I had to pay for it myself cause I didn’t want you looking into the bill or interrogating the shop owner.”

“Hopefully ours will match…”

“As long as it isn’t something outrageous like what they wore in The Wedding Singer or anything tacky like what that dude wore in Pen Pineapple Apple Pen, we’ll be fine.” Jimin replied, patting his shoulders before he stretched his arms above his head with a soft yawn.

Namjoon simply got caught up in staring, eyes focused on Jimin’s unscathed, beautiful skin to his soft lips. He wasn’t sure when he truly started developing feelings but he knew they were real. Staring at him right now, Jimin oblivious cause he’s too swept up in watching the sun rise, he realized that fucking hell, he’d do anything for the other. Anything to make sure he never had to lift a finger if he didn’t want to, make sure Jimin was always protected from everything cruel in the world because what else could he do to show his love?

“What the hell are you staring at?” Jimin furrowed his eyebrows as he glared at the other, sitting up straight and covering his cheeks that were now flushed pink. “You better not start with all that lovey dovey stuff… I’ve never dated someone but I swear, I can’t handle people who are so obnoxiously cute… it angers me actually. Like why do we have to be grossly cute the whole time?”

“Okay fine… I won’t be gushy about my love for-”

“Like… we like each other.”

“I love you.” Namjoon replied.

“Well… well I like… I like like love you.”

“Like like love?”

“It’s not love yet but it’s definitely like like love.” The smile that spread across his face reached his eyes before his actual lips. “I like like love you.”

“Okay, well I love you, and I’m confident I always will.”

“I’m confident I’ll end up loving you.”

“After a year?” Namjoon asked.

“After…. 2 years.”

“Nah, you’re weak. You’ll end up saying I love you by the end of this month.”

Jimin challenged him with his eyes. “Is that a bet?”

Namjoon laughed softly, shaking his head. “No. Not a bet… I’m just sure of it. And if not by the end of the month, definitely by the end of the year.”

“Okay… I’ll agree with that. But you really don’t think it’s too early to say I love you?”

“We’ve said I love you when we were younger… just friends. Why is it different now?”

 

Jimin sighed as he slouched slightly. “Back then… I love you meant, “I’ll love you for today and the next few months cause we have many interests in common and I can’t live my life without you” in a friendly way, but now it means “I’ll love you forever not because I have to but because I want to and I’ll always be there for you and..” blah blah. You know? It’s different now… I love you means something more. It’s something you can’t say lightly.”

“Well, I can assure you, I’m not saying it lightly.”

“Okay- well… for now, I like like love you.” He ran his hands through Namjoon’s hair as he gazed at him.

“That’s enough for me.”

“It better be.”

Chapter 3

Summary:

Jimin sneaks out of the house to spend the night with Namjoon <3

Notes:

ahem, this is a necessary chapter
it's literally just one of their shared memories together.. but you'll understand why it's necessary after i post their wedding <3

Chapter Text

"See, I told you he was still here. He knows better than to sneak out of the house. He knows its dangerous out there." The man reassured his wife with a soft hand placed on her shoulder and a small smile.

She gave a weary look as she gazed at her son from the door. The two of them lingered there in the doorway for another minute or so before they walked away, shutting Jimin's door behind them. The boy stayed quiet, eyes shut peacefully for what felt like years as he sat in the dark and then the charade was up. He sprung up more full of life than he had been that morning when he'd just woken up. Bright eyed and bushy tailed, he didn't waste a moment as he grabbed his bookbag from under his bed that was stuffed to the brim with comics and a two flashlights with extra batteries and a couple blankets. He didn't bother packing the pillow but he made sure it was strapped securely to his stomach with his father's old belt.

He smirked mischievously as he glanced at the door again, standing right beside his window. He stayed quiet for another moment, trying to hear for his parents' door to close completely before he cracked open the window and slipped out. He was lucky they only had one floor to their house cause he couldn't imagine having to jump down two or more stories- he'd probably break his arm and then he'd be in real trouble.

Jimin waited in the bushes by the living room window, hiding right beside it to make sure he wouldn't be seen before he rushed away, running quickly down the sidewalk. It may have seemed crazy for a 10 year old to sneak out of the house and be running down the street, but he swore he wasn't crazy. It was the first act in rebellion he had ever done, the one that could impact his entire life. If his mom had just siad yes when he asked, he wouldn't be doing this against her word but it was decided that day at lunch that even if she didn't say yes, he'd still be going.

His short legs moved quickly as his school shoes padded against the ground, carrying him down the sidewalk until he started to slow down. His careless look turned into one of confusion and focus as he tried to figure out which trees he was supposed to turn into.

Jimin stopped on the sidewalk, backpack tight on his back and pillow strapped to his stomach covering most of the front of his pajamas. "He said he carved the x..." He mumbled as he began to look over the front of trees, small hands gently being scraped by the bark- not that he cared about something so silly. "Why didn't he make it more obvious?" He complained, pouting as he stood in the sidewalk, letting his eyes scan over the area for it instead of searching each tree individually.

"Min-ah!" A familiar voice whisper-shouted in the wooded area in front of Jimin. He peered closer, leaning slightly and squinting his eyes to get a better look before he gasped.

"Why didn't you come out sooner!" He said a bit louder than the rest of the words he had spoken that night as he playfully hit Namjoon's arm.

Namjoon gave an apologetic look as he pulled the shorter into a hug. "I didn't see you- I thought you were coming into the gazebo. Not standing outside like a bafoon." He teased as he messed with Jimin's hair before he let go of him.

"Mrs. Song will kill me if my hair is a mess tomorrow." Jimin grumbled as he glared at the other, attempting to fix his hair.

"Hey, this was your idea." Namjoon reminded as he slipped his hands into his pockets and slipped in between the trees again. Jimin followed blindly behind him, gently reaching his hand out to try and hold his shoulder just in case he fell or something. But it wasn't long before the trees had separated into an opening, an abandoned gazebo in the middle of it.

"I still can't believe we found this place." Namjoon murmured as he stopped just before the beaten path leading up to it and looked up. "This was also a good idea to come here at night."

Jimin threw his bag on the ground with a huff and unbuckled his pillow from his stomach. "Correct, I found it. You happened to be with me."

"Fine," The taller looked away from the stars and at Jimin with a fond smile. "You found it. Thank you for sharing with me."

Jimin rolled his eyes as he drug his bag into the gazebo, setting a big blanket down for them to sleep on before he pulled out another and set his pillow down. He dumped the rest of the contents out on the blanket, picking up the flashlight, he held it between his chin and shoulder as he looked at the comics he'd brought with. "Joon-ah!" He grumbled after the elder hadn't come quickly enough.

Namjoon sighed as he walked up the two steps into the place, sitting down on the blanket. "Why're you so pushy?"

"Cause I got new comics and I've not even seen them yet, and I know I'm dead for at least a few months after my mom finds me gone."

"If she finds you gone. Didn't you tell her you were at my house?"

"Well," he let the word linger with a nervous smile. "I did ask her."

"And?"

"And she said no."

"Jimin!" Namjoon groaned as he pinched his nose. "What if my mom calls yours?"

"Then we'll both be in trouble, but I doubt it. My dad disconnects the phone after dark to save money." Jimin whispered as he shrugged nonchalantly, going back to his comics by handing one to Namjoon and opening one for himself.

"Okay... I guess that's good enough. But if I get in trouble, you've to give buy me a treat every day for two months."

"Fine. It's not like I'm gonna eat them, I only like chocolate and I'm never allowed to get it." Jimin rolled his eyes as he flipped the page.

The two of them fell quiet as they indulged in their comics, Jimin adamantly reading each word and Namjoon somewhat interested by the drawings. About ten minutes in, the elder had found himself frowning over the simplicity of it, unable to be entertained by it. When Jimin suggested sneaking out here, he thought they could look at the stars or something, not waste their time reading comics like they usually did when they hung out.

It took longer than those few minutes of boredom for Namjoon to finally work up the courage to say something about how he wasn't in the mood for comics right now. He pushed his comic off of his lap and scooted closer across the blanket before he placed his hand over Jimin's comic, watching his face as it contorted from one of entertainment to offense. "Namjoon-ah!" He grumbled, tying to move his hand.

"I'm bored." Namjoon replied, keeping his hand over the colourful superheros. "I don't want to read comics tonight. We're sitting in a gazebo alone," he was complaining slightly, a soft whine in his voice but it was underlying. "with no parents to tell us when to go to bed or anything. We can read the comics tomorrow at lunch or even on the playground before school but right now I wanna look at the stars. When else will we get to do it?" He asked with a soft frown.

Jimin was about to complain before he realized that Namjoon was being sincere and not just being geeky like he usually was. With a soft sigh, he closed the book and set it aside, letting the flashlight fall between them and shine awkwardly off to the side. "Okay, so what do you want to do then?"

"I want to look at the stars." Namjoon replied, smiling a little bit more. Jimin very rarely gave in and Namjoon very rarely ever offered his idea; he always went with the flow.

"The stars? We see them every night though." Jimin mumbled.

"But we don't get to see them like this-" Namjoon stood up and dusted his pajama pants off before he offered his hand to help the other up. With little reluctance, he pulled Jimin up to his feet.

"Like this?"

"We don't get to see them without parents yelling at us or even under the stars... in the dark, in the woods. We don't get to see them like this." Namjoon explained as he squeezed Jimin's hand, leading him out from the safety of the gazebo and into the unkept grace.

Neither of them weren't sure who created the gazebo out here but they didn't care. It was now their happy little place for just the two of them. Some friends had a group they liked together, others had sports that they were active in together and before they found this gazebo, Namjoon and Jimin would buy each other snacks on friday and share them together at the weekly sleepover they had the same day. It was tradition but now they both knew that this would be their new tradition.

Namjoon walked him out onto the beaten path, smiling as he let go of his hand before looking up at the stars. It felt like the galaxy was above them. They were still so young and were merely dazzled by the sky that would appear so big when they were older.

"It's just like every other night." Jimin mumbled, not looking up at the sky until Namjoon lifted his chin and forced him to look up. "It's not." He replied.

Jimin eyes widened under the night sky, his lips parted in awe. "Woah..."

"Exactly."

The two of them sat comfortably on the ground in the grass, not caring that it was nearly up to their shoulders or about the fact that tomorrow they both would have countless bug bites covering their skin. They were just content with staring up at the stars.

The boys stayed under the stars for at least an hour and a half, captivating by the twinkling lights that seemed to have come from a fairytale and Namjoon was the first one to turn in. He hesitantly made his way back into the gazebo and under the blankets. He didn't bring a pillow for himself but he knew how this night was going to turn out; Jimin would cuddle up to him, most likely with his head on his chest and Namjoon would be the one using the pillow. He closed his eyes and rested his head on his arm.

A few minutes ticked by. Jimin was quiet and Namjoon was trying to sleep. Crickets and other bugs buzzed around and it was all that could be heard. The new surroundings left Jimin on a sort of edge that he wasn't comfortable with. Like maybe all of those years of not believing in the boogeyman was wasted cause he was certain there was one in the trees surrounding them.

He sat up after he heard rustling in the bushes, his heart pounding in his chest, eyes fearfully looking into the dark, part of him hoping he wouldn't see a thing and another part hoping he'd see something non-threatening.

A minute passed and another after that. All he could hear was his fearful heartbeat in his head. Another second... he could hear the sound getting closer and-

Jimin sprung up from the ground, not wasting time to dust off his pants before he was rushing into the gazebo and hiding under the blanket with the other. His small arms were wrapped around Namjoon's arm and the older welcomed it.

"What happened?" he asked clamly as he pat Jimin's shoulder.

"Nothing." Jimin replied quickly. He knew Namjoon would always accept him but there's no way in hell he was going to tell his friend that he was scared of the boogeyman at his age.

"Are you sure?" Namjoon asked. Jimin hurriedly nodded his head. "Okay, well I'm here." Jimin nodded once again, resting his head on Namjoon's shoulder before he closed his eyes.

And Namjoon was right. The two of them did fall asleep exactly like he predicted; Jimin's head rested on him and Namjoon using the pillow with the two of them sharing the blankets despite there being enough for them both to have their own.

Chapter 4

Summary:

the wedding ceremony <3

Notes:

this is the longest chapter so far and I apologise if it's choppy-
i tried my best with the vows TT

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

They both agreed that there shouldn’t be any gender roles in the relationship, they also didn’t want to see each other while dressed up for the wedding so it was agreed upon by both of them; whoever showed up first would wait for the other outside of the destination before walking down the aisle together. It kind of defeated the whole not-seeing-each-other-beforehand purpose but that could be overlooked. Either they both walked side by side or they did an awkward wait at the altar and then turn around to finally face each other… I mean, it was still an option but they were nearly 100% adamant they’d be walking hand in hand to meet the officiator since they didn’t have anyone else come. They made sure not to invite anyone even their friends. They wanted it to be a secretive thing… something only the two of them would share together. It wasn’t because they didn’t want them there, but it was more the fact hat with other people there that they saw often or knew well, they would feel pressured to do things “properly” or something. It was juvenile to still worry about such things- they both knew it- but they didn’t care.

Namjoon was the first to show up. He stood off to the side, leaning against the stone wall, arms crossed. The thought that maybe it would ruin his suit didn’t cross his mind, he was too focused on fixing the silver cufflink with a black sapphire stone and what could only be descried as engraved chain link surrounding it. It was the best he could find offhand especially since it wasn’t like he had huge collection of them hidden away in his closet. Most of his closet was made up of ties and dress shoes of various leathers, several shirts he wore for work and even a few outfits that he’d wear to big events and that was the part he frequented the most; he had a whole other part of the closet he rarely ever touched. It was dedicated solely to ‘weekend’ wear but with his job, it felt like the weekends would never come. Even for the honeymoon, he packed the clothes he very rarely wore but just in case, he brought his work clothes long.

He let out a soft sigh as he let his arms fall, glancing up from the ground to look down the sidewalk at the passerbyers. None of them were familiar and it was nearly perfect; the only thing that could make it better would be if it were a bit more cloudy so they wouldn’t be under the constant heat, but it’s not like they were going to be standing outside the whole time. He dressed for this too. A lightweight material that appeared classy but also was breathable. It was the perfect material for his sleek black suit. Everything he wore was black; his shoes, his pants, his dress shirt he wore under the coat and tie. Everything was black. The only splash of colour was a small pocket square he wore it was simply a light grey. He didn’t want to seem too dreary but at the same time, he knew Jimin saw him on the daily wearing his usual grey suit and white seemed too sharp for his taste. But he also knew that if he chose a colour, Jimin would have his head before they even said “I do”.

A soft chuckle left his lips as he smiled at the thought of Jimin getting riled up from something so silly. In the beginning, they were always civil and never really bickered but once they were completely comfortable with each other and themselves the grew into a bickering old couple. Usually it was Jimin who would be picky about certain things but it was never with any malice and Namjoon nearly always went along with it with little complaints; he found it cute when Jimin would demand things and so he always gave in. He could imagine the endless earful he'd love to get if he were to not wait for him and have him walk down the aisle alone. Oh, how wonderful that would be.

So that's exactly what he did.

Namjoon walked alone into their small meeting place. They didn't see the need to rent out a complete wedding hall or even a cathedral or small church so instead, they decided on an old, small gazebo that was hidden in a small patch of the woods. He and Jimin had found it when they were 10 and frequently hung out there after school or whenever they had the chance really. There was even one time that they told their parents they would stay at the other's house and then slept out there under the comforting protection of the gazebo together as a star-gazing-sleepover type thing; it was Jimin's idea and Namjoon naturally went along with it. After 18 years, the once fine wood was weathered and cracked in places, paint peeling as if no one knew about the place other than himself and Jimin. There was a small beaten path that was nearly hidden in the trees which lead to their place, the path overgrown with wild grass and flowers. It was completely covered with the shade of trees and the only thing that would be a bother would be the bugs but Namjoon had made sure to come out a few days ago to set a screen protector around it.

He may have looked weird as a man dressed in fancy clothes, crossing the road to walk into the literal woods but he didn't care. He was trying not to ruin the clothes as he pushed flimsy branches out of his way and walked down the path, smiling softly as he saw the gazebo. Inside was the officiate, waiting quietly inside with a small notebook that Namjoon wouldn't ask about cause he didn't really care.

Namjoon unzipped the screen bug tent and stepped in with a small smile. "Mr. Kang." He greeted.

The older man looked up from the small leather notebook, smiling at him. "Ah, I thought both of you were coming down together?"

"Actually we decided this morning that I should come first." Namjoon lied through his teeth. If he knew Jimin at all, he knew the younger wouldn't wait for him and would walk down first. It was going to work out perfectly, Namjoon was sure of it.

"Okay, well hopefully he's here soon. I have another wedding to get to in less than two hours." He glanced at the watch on his wrist. "Have you written your own vows?" ?”

Namjoon nodded his head as he took out the folded up piece of paper from his pocket. “I did… I’m pretty sure Jimin did too. He was writing something he demanded I couldn’t see yesterday.” He chuckled as he glanced over his own writing, softly smiling.

“Let me tell you something,” Mr. Kang rested his hand on Namjoon’s shoulder after walking the few steps towards him. “The best words and moments you’ll share with him will be between you and him only and it’ll be unexpected. So don’t worry too much about the rest of it. If you love him, then marriage will be an easy thing.”

The groom-to-be softly gulped as he nodded his head, folding the paper into his hand. “Thank you… I mean, the hardest part is already over technically since we’re already married. And it’s not like in the older days when we would be in arranged marriages without knowing each other, right?” He chuckled, holding the paper tighter to resist the urge to run his hand through his nicely kept hair.

“Exactly! This should be a breeze for you two. I’m sure of it.” Mr. Kang agreed, patting his shoulder one more time before he stepped back. “I think we should get into positions, he could be here any moment.” He reminded, holding his hands in front of himself as he gazed back at the trees.

“Yeah.” Namjoon smiled a bit more at the thought of seeing Jimin’s angered but happy face upon realizing he wasn’t the first there. He stuffed his vows temporarily back into his pocket, gently patting over it before his eyes widened and his head shot up. “You have the rings right? I didn’t forget them, did I?” he sounded panicked as he began to pat down every pocket he could think of.

Mr. Kang laughed, finding his nerves too familiar. He had been the same way when he had married his wife and now they’d been together for 50 years. Somehow, he knew that the two of them would be fine together. “Yes I have the rings. You gave me yours 3 days ago and he gave me his about two weeks ago.”

“He found his that quickly?” Namjoon asked and the other nodded.

The two of them had decided that instead of picking out rings together, since it could lead to controversy and Namjoon knew that if they were to go together, Jimin would definitely make it hard to choose at least one, that picking one for each other would go better; Jimin picking the ring that he thought would fit Namjoon the best and Namjoon doing the same. Well, technically it was two rings; a band and an actual ring. Jimin requested that. He didn’t like how “bland” they appeared.

“Yeah. He was pretty quick to get it for you.. And he was adamant about me keeping it safe in about eight different boxes and a safe.” He laughed.

“That’s really sweet.” Namjoon laughed a bit as his smile grew more.

—-

Jimin was running behind.

It was normal. He knew he should have planned ahead, set the alarm for at least two hours beforehand but he didn’t. He should have planned better but he was lazy and life was so much more fun when you went with the flow- that’s how he saw it.

At least he wasn’t at his apartment and was completely dressed. And technically, he shouldn’t blame himself since it was the makeup artist’s fault but he definitely was. Jimin was still sitting in the parlour chair, eyes closed as the artist worked on his eyeshadow. He still had fifteen minutes to get to the gazebo but at the rate they were going, he wouldn’t be done for another hour and now came the cursing himself. He was so stupid for actually hiring a makeup artist. He could have done this by himself in front of the mirror for way less money and less time-

“Are you still worrying?” Seungeun sighed as he rolled his eyes. “I told you, I’ll be done in less than five minutes. You’ll have time.”

“If I’m late, I swear, my…” he paused, wrecking his brain for how he should refer to Namjoon. Saying husband felt too weird but calling him his friend seemed too casual under these circumstances; yet he still chose the latter. “Friend will make sure you never work big time.”

“Jeez- calm down.” Seungeun mumbled as he set down the brush and picked up the lip liner, plumpening Jimin’s lips with a somewhat darker brown colour before he applied the pink lipstick.

It did only take a few minutes before Jimin was done. All Seungeun had was to fix his lips and that only took merely a second.

The second Jimin’s makeup was done, the boy was springing out of his chair and pulling the apron off from around his neck before he got himself a cab; it would take too long to run all the way there and there was no way he was going to run and risk ruining his suit or even worse- sweat stains. He could gag at the thought of such a hideous thing.

He sat back in the seat, trying not to nervously bounce his leg in the back of the cab. He had his phone out, expecting some type of hurt text from Namjoon that could say that this was all a joke or maybe he was calling off the ordeal for whatever reason but it wasn't going to come. In his other hand, he already had the fare for the cab out.

The cab came to a stop and in a swift couple of actions, he handed the driver the money, said "thank you" in a rushed voice, followed by him nearly tripping out of the car.

"8 minutes." He grumbled as looked at the time on his phone, standing in the middle of the sidewalk just as he had done a million times before. Everytime he came here he always had trouble finding the entrance; he always depended on Namjoon to guide him through the trees to the well beaten path. Wait… Namjoon was supposed to be here already.

Jimin quickly glanced down either side of the sidewalk before he smirked, flicking his sleeves. He pulled gently at the bottom of his light grey coat that had been beautifully accented with a light, white lace before he fixed the sleeves. He was here first. Meaning, if he walked down there now, he'd be there first leaving Namjoon to walk down the aisle alone.

His smirk only grew as he felt cocky. He slipped his phone into his pocket before he randomly guessed which trees he was supposed to turn into. He gently pushed the branches out of the way, being more cautious than when he was younger and once he was in the clearing.

Gently tugging at the bottom of his suit to fix it, Jimin began his walk down the beaten path and he wore that smirk until he unzipped the bug tent and found Namjoon standing there. His first thought was to fight the other for forcing him to take such a stereotypical gender role in the relationship of two gay men on their wedding day but it was quickly swept away when he saw his smile. That beautiful smile… it always got Namjoon out of trouble and right now, it was making Jimin stare stupidly.

The second Namjoon saw Jimin, he felt his heart stop for a moment. Dressed beautifully in a light grey suit with lace covering certain parts but that wasn't even the best part. He was fascinated by the beauty before him. He had never seen Jimin like this before… any doubts or fears he had or any thoughts of maybe marriage was a bad thing had dissipated nearly immediately. "Holy sh-" he stopped himself from swearing once he realized he was standing next to a technical-priest.

"Ah sorry," Mr. Kang broke the unbothered silence between the two before he fumbled with his phone and turned on the soft melody that Namjoon had pre-recorded and sent the day before. No one aside for himself had heard it before but it was kind of a wedding present to Jimin.

Namjoon stifled a soft laugh at the offiater's clumsiness but it was short lived as Jimin blew out a soft sigh and admitted defeat by taking the first step down the aisle. At least I'm not wearing a dress, he thought.

It was slow and timed up to the music perfectly. Each step he took held purpose, almost as if he knew that he was slowly making his way to becoming more than just friends with Namjoon. It was a big step… Only two more steps kept him from fully reaching Namjoon and he was there within a few seconds. "You didn't wait for me." He mumbled with a faint smile as he took Namjoon's hand. The elder simply leaned in and pressed a kiss to Jimin's cheek. "I know you too well."

Jimin's heart fluttered slightly before he rolled his eyes and squeezed Namjoon's hands. "Shall we get started?" Mr. Kang asked And with a soft nod from Namjoon, the small ceremony began.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments by uniting Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin in marriage, and although this isn’t a typical ceremony, it’s still just as meaningful." He began and Jimin suddenly felt nervous for the first time. He was repeating the two small words he had to say; I do. But somehow, even with repeating the words continuously, he knew he was going to forget them as soon as he actually needed to say it. Namjoon must have known because he simply rubbed his thumb over the back of Jimin's hand like they'd do when they were kids and oh how, it made his heart swell with love.

"Marriage is a promise between two people who love each other deeply and spiritually. Two people who are willing to sacrifice whatever it takes for their love, who respect each other as individuals and will protect each other for many years to come."

Jimin felt like the words were cheesy, very cheesy and he knew from prior experiences at weddings that Namjoon must've had the words changed or something but it didn't matter because he could feel his eyes on him. He could feel the complete warmth surrounding the two of them and not just because it was hot outside.

"Today is not to show off your relationship but is rather a milestone in your promise to each other. It is a milestone to symbolise your strength as individuals and together. A symbol to strengthen your bond together. A time for you to look back on when things get tough and realise that you are not alone in this life anymore. You now have each other and always will. No matter what happens to you as an individual, you should realise that now you are those things together." Jimin was slightly lost towards the end, not understanding why they had made it so wordy, but he wasn't about to complain.

"And now, I believe you two have a few words you'd like to share? Jimin requested to go first, I believe."

Jimin’s eyes widened, silently and quickly cursing himself for asking that exact thing a few weeks ago. At the time it seemed like a good idea but now… now he was scared. Okay, maybe scared wasn’t the right word but he was nervous. He nodded his head slightly as he pulled out his phone. It took an embarrassing amount of time to make his way to his notes app and actually find the correct version of his vows but he did it, only after mumbling an “i’m sorry”.

“It’s okay, really.” Namjoon reassured, quickly squeezing Jimin’s hand before he let go so he could read

Jimin smiled a little bit as he nodded his head, looking over the words. He sighed softly, “So, I apologise beforehand if this is messy cause I couldn’t find the right words.”

They all shared a soft chuckle. “Okay, so.” he let out another soft chuckle. “Um…” He had never been this nervous before. He had danced in front of hundreds of people and millions of people had seen his videos on youtube but this was a different type of nervous. This nervous made him almost want to cry because he was so out of his comfort zone. “I remember the first time you ever promised me anything.” He began, taking a calm deep breath so he didn’t stutter as he looked up at Namjoon. “We were seven years old and we were walking home from school together. It’s very stupid really,” He let out a soft laugh. “You promised to always walk me home from school even though we didn’t live on the same street… and all because you found out those boys were bullying me. Do you remember that?”

Namjoon nodded his head slightly with a small, reminiscing smile. “Of course I do.”

“Okay, so at least I’m not sounding crazy.” Jimin laughed again. “Well, um, that was the first time we ever promised each other anything.” He paused as he read over the first few paragraphs. This was nothing like what he wrote because he knew whatever he had down would be bland, that the feelings he wrote down then would be nothing compared to what he was feeling ro what he wanted to say now. “From the time we met when we were four to the time I made you promise to marry me when we were 10, and even until now, I’ve felt the same towards you; I’ve adored everything you’ve done. Every time you smiled at me. Every time we shared a glance. Every time we kissed each other’s cheeks… All of those times combined has only made my feelings for you grow stronger from a small admiration when we were young to romantic feelings,” he paused, shaking his head slightly. “To not hating the idea of actually kissing you.” He let out a soft chuckle as he looked up at Namjoon from his phone. He subconsciously clicked it off and let his hand fall to his side. “I have been irrevocably in love with you since I was 16 when you kicked that guy’s ass for picking on me and there’s nothing that could break my feelings for you.” He rubbed his lips together, finding himself ridiculous in this moment of truly confessing his love and at such a cheesy time as the wedding day. It was so stupid but he could feel tears start to build up in his eyes as he recalled every memory they shared together and the ones he had with himself when he’d steal glances at the unknowing other during class or those small gifts he left Namjoon in his locker during high school and not admitting it was from him when Namjoon questioned him about; simply seeing his smile and how much joy it brought him was enough even for a teenage Jimin. “Throughout our friendship and time together, we’ve made countless promises that have yet to be broken. You still hold my hand when we watch scary movies together like you promised when we were 9; you still kiss my forehead before I go to sleep like I made you promise when we were 14; and you still buy me those stupid snacks that you promised to buy every Friday when we were 8. So,” He took an unsteady deep breath, trying to hold back the tears he felt were going to fall. “I ask of you on this day… to promise me you’ll always be by my side. Not as my best friend or acquaintance, but I’m asking you to stay by my side as my husband. As someone who will protect me, someone who will cherish every part of me, even my annoying bickering. As someone who won’t give up when things get hard… I need you there forever and always as my husband.” He swallowed hard, a soft laugh leaving his lips shortly after that to try and contain himself from actually crying.

Namjoon shared the small laugh with him, his own tears blurring his vision which he quickly swept away with his thumb. He knew he shouldn’t but he pulled Jimin into a deep hug, his arms wrapped around the other before he could stop himself simply to embrace him. “I love you.” he whispered in his ear. Jimin immediately hugged back, a violent sigh of relief leaving his lips as he tightly held onto the other. He softly laughed in his arms, murmuring back an “I love you too” in return.

For a long moment it was just the two of them hugging and Mr. Kang watching with a small smile but he had to stop it. He was on a time limit and he didn’t want to rush them through the rest of their ceremony. He gently pat Namjoon’s shoulder as he coaxed the two apart. “C’mon guys, I don’t mean to rush you but I have to be somewhere in about 30 minutes.” He chuckled awkwardly.

Jimin squeezed his eyes shut as he let the rest of his tears fall, nodding his head. “You’re right. It’s your turn Joonie.” He smiled fondly at the elder.

“Okay.” Namjoon smiled back, unfolding the paper with his vows on it from his pocket. He cleared his throat, looking into Jimin’s eyes. “From the moment I laid eyes on you when we were very young, I knew you were different than everyone else. Maybe in the beginning it was simply because you were my best friend but now I’m sure it was the purest love I’ve ever known. I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve wished upon stars hopelessly as a boy in ambitiously yearning for the day that you’d be mine; truly mine. We’ve always been together and I can’t see a world without in it. I can’t see myself without the cute boy who I followed around for years and years to come. And standing here in front of you now in the gazebo that was once built for a purpose we’re still clueless about that we made our own when we were very young, I realise how truly blessed I am for you to be in my life.” His smile grew more somehow as he glanced at the paper, folding it up in his hand before he took Jimin’s hands in his own. “I don’t believe in god… but there has to be something that has blessed me in this world because there is no other explanation for how you’re apart of my life. There is no rational reason as to how I am so lucky to have you. And I only realise this completely now as I’m standing here… I realise how lucky I am to love you and how lucky I am to be loved by you. From this day on, I will be the one to wipe your tears. I will be the one to hold your hand and cuddle you. I will be the one to always be there for you; there’s nothing I’d rather do than be your husband in this time or the next. I’ve never broken a promise… So, I promise to share the best times with you and support you through the hard times. I promise to always stay loyal and always cherish every part of you. But most of all, I promise to love you no matter what.”

“Oh god that made mine sound horrible.” Jimin laughed as he wiped his left eye again, being cautious of the makeup even though it was already slightly smudged.

“I loved your vows though.” Namjoon chuckled, gently lifting Jimin’s hand so he could kiss the back of it.

“Typically, I would explain how your wedding bands are made in a perfect circle to symbolise the infinite love and amount of time you will share with each other and how there is no end or beginning for either of those things but that is not the case. Your love for each other started at a young age but it is true that you both will never stop loving each other. Your love is raw and beautiful just as these rings are.” Mr. Kang explained as he held the rings out in each of his hands, Jimin’s out towards Namjoon and Namjoon’s offered to Jimin. “Now, if you’ll take your rings and repeat after me.”

The two took each other’s rings, sharing a short glance of content together before Namjoon took Jimin’s hand. “With this ring, I promise to love and accept your imperfections and appreciate every part of the things you do and who you are.” He murmured before slipping the silver, diamond encrusted ring onto Jimin’s finger.

The younger’s first thought was that he truly couldn’t accept something like this. The small piece of jewellery probably cost more than his monthly rent and then some and he was scared of destroying it. But then he was filled with pride. Pride knowing he could show it off without any guilt and when people asked, he’d laugh and ignore them knowingly.

“Jimin?” Namjoon’s voice was calm but questioning, almost wondering if Jimin was scared of the commitment behind it.

“Repeat after me.” Mr. Kang said again once he had caught Jimin’s attention.

He carefully held the black and silver tungsten ring to the tip of Namjoon’s finger as he began to repeat his words. “With this ring, I promise to love and accept your imperfections and appreciate every part of the things you do and who you are.” He slipped the ring onto Namjoon’s finger, gently rubbing his thumb over it before he looked up at Namjoon with a small smile.

“Do you Kim Namjoon take Park Jimin to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

Namjoon didn't hesitate, “I do.”

“Do you Park Jimin take Kim Namjoon to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

Just two words and Jimin’s life would be different… the same two words he’d been repeating in his head for at least thirty minutes, and while he was certain in the beginning that either this was a joke and they’d laugh it off right before they said the last “I do” or he’d simply forget the small words altogether,a nd yet he didn’t.

“I do.”

“You may now kiss the groom.” Mr. Kang announced, smiling softly at the young couple.

Now it was Namjoon’s turn to be nervous. Namjoon’s turn to really freak out because while he wanted desperately to kiss the other as deeply and with as much love he had been harbouring for years, he didn’t want to make Jimin uncomfortable by kissing too much or adding tongue or not doing tongue at all and-

It was Jimin that kissed his lips, pulling him in by his lapels and smashed their lips together passionately but not lewdly nor was it too hard; it was perfect.

Notes:

if you want more please comment TT
even it it's a heart or something-

Chapter 5

Summary:

hmm filler chapter kinda o.o
i dunno <3
but the honeymoon will also be very very sweet <3

Chapter Text

“This is stupid.” Jimin mumbled under his breath, his cheek rested against Namjoon’s shoulder as he held onto the other, his one arm wrapped around his waist and eyes closed with his other out and holding Namjoon’s hand. He was relaxed but he was resenting the fact that this was so cliche. “You couldn’t have found a better wedding song for us to dance to?” He asked.

“It wasn’t my choice, I can assure you.” Namjoon chuckled as he whispered into Jimin’s ear.

The three of them were still in the gazebo, only a few minutes after they had kissed and were dancing to the song The Only Exception by Paramore. So cliche… it made them both cringe.

“Mr. Kang only has this or gospel songs on his phone.” He whispered. “I wanted to play a song I made for you but he couldn’t download it.”

Jimin pulled his head back to look at him. “You’ll play it for me later, though, right? I wanna hear what you put together even if it’s crap.”

“If you’d like… It’s probably not the best considering I’ve never written music before.”

The younger couldn’t help but pinch his husband’s side. “Liar.”

“What?”

“Liar. You used to write a bunch of music when we were younger.”

“Okay, that was years ago though. I don’t even think I could carry a tune if I tried to now.” He laughed softly but Jimin was stubborn as he looked at him. “I think you sang beautifully and you will now.”

“You haven’t heard me at karaoke lately, have you?”

“Well-”

 

“I hate to break up your cute quarrel but I’ve to go now.” Mr. Kang smiled at the two, his crows feet more prominent than before almost as if he had been smiling at them the whole time.

The new couple pulled apart from each other to bid him goodbye and escort him out through the trees. Well, Namjoon escorted him out. Jimin was hesitant to step outside of the bug tent on the account that it was around noon already and the bugs were always worse right now but nobody held it against him.

Namjoon came back into the gazebo in only a few minutes after making sure Mr. Kang got into a taxi or at least safely made it back to his car. Jimin was sitting on the wooden bench that was built in, admiring the ring that was no on his finger. It was beautiful and it made Namjoon more happy to see him do such a thing than he’d ever admit out loud.

He sat down on the bench beside him, pulling at the pantlegs of his suit so he could sit comfortable. “So.”

“So.” Jimin looked up from his ring, facing the other with a small smile.

Only a small word that was budding with so much shared happiness and excitement behind it. Both had never been so happy before other than this moment as they sat together, finally married. It was a silent dream they never once talked about but always looked forward to.

“Mr. Kim.” Namjoon replied.

“Mr. Kim.” Jimin repeated, his grin widening.

“Will we ever get used to that?” He asked and Jimin shrugged before he rested his head on his husband’s shoulder.

“I don’t know but I’m looking forward to the time when someone calls the house phone saying “Mr Kim”,” He lowered his voice trying to mimic a “strong” male voice. “And I answer it but they mean you cause why would someone call me Mr. Kim? I’m Park Jimin.”

“Kim Jimin.”

“Technically, yes. I’m Kim Jimin but I’m still Park Jimin. At least temporarily.”

“When should we tell everyone?”

“When do you want to tell everyone?”

Namjoon shrugged this time, gently holding hands with the other. “I don’t know. I think we should keep it in a small circle first; only our trusted friends. Maybe our family.”

Jimin scoffed, busying his other hand to play with Namjoon’s ring. “I’m sorry, and I hope you’ll respect my decision, but I’d prefer to not tell my parents. You know how they are. I’m pretty sure my grandmother would have a heart attack on the spot if she found out.”

“Okay not right now but they’ll find out eventually.”

“And when that day comes, I hope I’m far, far away from them and in your arms, living my best life that they absolutely hate cause fuck them.”

Namjoon laughed a little before patting Jimin’s head. “Okay… I think we should wait a few months before telling others as well.”

Jimin nodded his head in return, looking back at their rings again. “You better not break our promises.”

“I won’t.”

“And if you do, I get to shave your head and eyebrows, but not at the same time.”

“What?” he laughed a little.

“Yes. If you break the promise, I’m going to shave your hair off in awkward patches and when it grows in again, I’ll do the same to different ones and once you’re completely bald, I’ll shave patches of your eyebrows off to.”

Namjoon smiled wide, squeezing his hand a little. “Is that a promise?”

“Yes it is.” Jimin grinned as he looked at the other with those same challenging eyes he always used on Namjoon.
Namjoon pat Jimin’s thigh before he stood up, pulling Jimin up with him. “We should get going.”

“Why?” The smaller complained as he reluctantly stood. “We don’t have anywhere to be.”

“We’ve a honeymoon to get to.”

Jimin grumbled, gently hitting his husband’s arm. “I thought we agreed on no spectacular honeymoon.”

“It’s not spectacular. Only something small.” Namjoon reassured as he pulled him along down the few stairs of the gazebo.

“It better be… I only called off a week of work.” He mumbled as he followed behind the other, he sneakily pulled his hand from Namjoon’s so it wouldn’t be too too suspicious that two men dressed in suits entered the woods and came out holding hands- He was pretty confident that they wouldn’t be gay bashed but even so, he didn’t want to take the chance and ruin the day.

Namjoon tried to contain his smile as he walked out of the trees, staying relatively close to Jimin. He hoped Jimin wouldn’t completely hate him for it, but a few days before, he had called into the dance studio Jimin had worked at and called him out for at least two weeks which may have just been stupid or simply bad planning but Namjoon wanted to give him the best honeymoon he could, especially since he knew that once they came back, there would be very few days when they’d spend time a lot of time together.

“Did you take a taxi too?”

“No, I was chauffeured.”

“Oh, are they still waiting here for us?” Jimin asked with a hopeful tone.

“Just down the corner.”

“Thank God, I didn’t want to walk very far.” He chuckled.

Chapter 6

Summary:

another filler :0
more fluffs cause i can't get enough <3
and bickering cause they love each other so much

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Where are you taking me?” Jimin asked as he sat comfortably beside his new husband, holding his hand just to feel the ring on Namjoon’s hand.

“You’ll see… it’s nothing too spectacular so don’t get your hopes too high.” He mumbled, eyes focused on the road ahead of them from the back seat before he looked at Jimin with a soft smile. “I hope you’ll enjoy it at least a little bit. Originally, I was going to take you to Japan but I know how much you hate flying and I don’t want any moment of this honeymoon to be unpleasant for you.”

“Ah, you’re sweet.” He mumbled, blushing a little but Namjoon only got a glimpse of it as Jimin hid his face in his shoulder.

“Thank you, thank you. I know.” He chuckled before Jimin jabbed him in his side. “Don’t get cocky. I’m still upset that you had me walk down by myself.”

“Hey, that was a nice moment.” Namjoon laughed. “I liked having you walk down towards me. You looked beautiful and I think it went quite well.”

Jimin lifted his head quickly, glaring. “I always do well and I’m very beautiful, but your foolish compliments don’t change a thing. I’m still upset over it- if anything, you should have walked down the aisle.”

“It’s okay, it’s okay. When we renew our vows in 10 years, I’ll walk down just for you if you’re still holding it against me.”

The younger’s face lit up as he smiled, patting his husband’s head. “Very good.”

Namjoon chuckled again, shaking his head. “You’re adorable.”

“And you’re still as annoying as when we were 9.”

“I remember you being the annoying one.”

“That’s because you were so annoying that you didn’t realize how annoying you were.” Jimin smirked as he squeezed Namjoon’s hand.

“I love you too.”

“Who said anything about love?” Jimin went back to narrowing his eyes at him. “I think the thing you are feeling is great admiration for the wonderful being whom you’ve married.”

“That’s…- okay.” Namjoon laughed, giving into it.

“I have a strong admiration for you as well so don’t worry.” He assured as he pat Namjoon’s knee.

They spent the next 10 minutes or so bickering together before they arrived to their destination, a wide smile spreading across Namjoon’s face as he saw Jimin’s eyes widen.

“You’re taking me to a hotel?” He asked, eyes glued to the lights that seemed to go on for miles into the sky. Of course he’d seen sky scrapers, he did live in Seoul, but this was sweet because he knew Namjoon put effort in to it.

“It’s not a hotel, it’s an apartment building. We’re staying at the penthouse for two weeks.” Namjoon informed as he opened the door and stepped out, gently helping Jimin out as well.

“I only took off from work for one.”

 

“I scheduled you off for two.”

“You thought of everything didn’t you?”

Namjoon nodded with a grin, letting go of his hand as he grabbed their bags. “Of course I did.”

Notes:

okie peoples... should we keep the honeymoon pg ;;
i need help choosing cause i'm indecisive

also also, thank you guys for reading and commenting and leaving kudos <3
it means a lot

Chapter 7

Summary:

another flashback to when they were younger but a bit older kind of?

Notes:

i'm sorry there's so many flashbacks and i keep jumping around TT
i should've organised this better but in my defense this was only a small drabble in the beginning ;;
anyways enjoy <3
next chapter is definitely honeymoon, apologies ><

Chapter Text

“What are you doing this weekend?” Jimin asked as he leaned onto his friend’s desk, picking up the book that Namjoon was reading. “Metamorphosis…” He read the title before he groaned and gently hit Namjoon’s shoulder with it. “Why do you read this stuff? It seems so boring.”

Namjoon sighed a little, dusting off his school uniform before he snatched the book from him, making sure to mark his page before he began answering. “I like this actually… It's interesting and insightful.”

“Okay, well, when you’re some hotshot author or philosopher- if they even have those anymore- make sure to mention my name. Make every book you write out to me; your first inspiration.” Jimin said proudly, a grin spread across his face.

Namjoon rolled his eyes. “I’ll be sure to do that but I wouldn’t count on me being a big shot… I’d be fine simply being a lawyer or even a businessman.”

“Well, when you’re giving a new years toast, mention my name.”

 

“And if I never do that?”

 

“You’re going to succeed, I’m sure of it.” Jimin promised with a soft smile. He pat Namjoon’s shoulder before he hopped back to his first question. “So, what are you doing this weekend?”

“My mom is on a business trip so I have strict orders to stay at the house.” He replied, opening his book again as he began to read.

“You’re no fun.” Jimin grumbled. “You should let me come over. We could have a weekend long sleepover.”

“Remind me again how old we are?”

“You just turned 18, I’m still 17 but only for another few days. It’d work out well- we could celebrate my birthday together.”

“Your mom won’t like that.” Namjoon didn’t pay much attention to him, pretending to read but in reality he was just waiting for Jimin to come up with something ridiculous. “Isn’t she strict on birthdays?”

 

“Yeah but it’s okay. It’s my 18th birthday. I’d be an adult so she can’t hold me back very much plus I could always make it up to her later.”

Namjoon hummed a little, skeptically glancing up at his friend. “Are you sure you want to do this? I’m okay with you coming over but I feel bad for your mom. It’ll be the first birthday of yours she misses.”

“Fifth actually but none of that matters,” Jimin waved his hand in front of his face, shooing the thought away from their conversation. “I want to spend my 18th birthday with you and we could have a cool 3 day sleepover or something like that.”

Namjoon remained skeptical, raising an eyebrow towards him.

“Fine! Not three days but at least two. C’mon,” He whined, grabbing Namjoon’s arm as he tugged him back and forth. “You can count it as your birthday present to me.”

“Hmm… that’s very tempting but I already got you something.”

“You did?” Jimin asked, grumbling under his breath. “Why are you always so prepared for everything? It’s annoying sometimes.”

“I like being prepared. It makes me at ease and you don’t have to worry about many things.”

“But doesn’t always being prepare mean you’re preparing for everything which in turn means you’re worried?”

He blinked at Jimin who had his head tilted slightly and smirking as if he had caught Namjoon slipping.

“Whatever. You can come over, okay? Tonight after school until however long.”

Jimin grabbed Namjoon’s cheek and pinched it. “I’m convinced you give in easily.”

Namjoon rolled his eyes and shrugged his friend off of him so he could go back to reading his book.

—-

A few hours passed before the two of them were released from their classes but Jimin had to stay behind an extra thirty minutes or so to help clean the classroom; a punishment he got for being late a few weeks ago.

Namjoon sat outside on the bench, his nose stuck in a book as he waited for Jimin. Normally, he’d stand in the hallway or hover around him, trying his best to annoy him just to get under his skin which was easy cause Jimin always had a short fuse but today he couldn’t. The principal was overseeing his punishment for some reason and Namjoon didn’t feel like being punished as well so he spent his time reading the same book he’d been reading earlier.

Meanwhile, Jimin felt like if he heard another lecturing word from the principal, he may permanently dig his nails into the wooden broom stick until his fingers were welded to it.

“This will teach you not to be late again, won’t it?” The principal asked as he leaned against a teacher’s desk and looked over whatever was on his phone. Jimin was irked but he knew better than to lash out so he simply bid his time and kept sweeping the floor and before he knew it he was released from the prison-like demands of his principal for now.

He grabbed his bag and he rushed down at least two flights of stairs, running out to Namjoon just so he could throw his book bag at him or at least try to. He was never good with aiming and throwing big things successfully so it rather landed near Namjoon, barely hitting his leg. “Let’s go nerd! I need you to carry my bag, my arms are tired from sweeping.” He complained as he began to walk down the sidewalk and of course Namjoon followed with both of their book bags.

“Maybe if you learned to get to school on time…”

Jimin mimicked him. “I try my best but it’s hard. Someone stabbed my bike tires so I gotta repair them but that takes money and you know my mom won’t let me have anymore for allowance.” he complained more, slouching against Namjoon once they caught up to each other. “So for now, I’ve to walk to school and that takes so long.” He whined.

“I could just take you with me like we did when we were kids.”

“You’d have to haul a whole other person plus all of my books.” Jimin said, eyes trying to see through any lie Namjoon was trying to convince him of, but there was nothing.

“Ah, thank you, Namjoon-ah!” He suddenly exclaimed, “You’re the best best friend anyone could ever want. I’ll buy a bunch of snacks for tonight just for you.” he pinched his cheek again.

The two of them walked side by side until they reached Namjoon’s house. The elder thought it would be wise to stop by Jimin’s but he passionately disagreed, giving him many different reasons as to why he shouldn’t go home right now even if he did need to get clothes or his pillow and maybe some blankets. He claimed she would make him feel guilty and that he just wanted to “let free”; Namjoon didn’t ask and Jimin didn’t bring it up the rest of the way.

“Okay, so, the only rules are don’t completely trash the house and stay out of my mother’s room.” Namjoon explained as he walked into the house, taking his shoes off and slipping on some slippers before he tossed their bags to the side.

“That’s a lot of rules.” Jimin sighed, joking around this time. The rules were similar at his own house but his mother was always way more strict.

He strided right past Namjoon, stretching his arms above his head as he looked around the place but only for a mere moment. “Can we get changed? I can’t wait until we’re out of that school… I won’t ever put a uniform on again.”

“What about military service?” Namjoon asked, raising an eyebrow as he guided the other along to his room so they could change out of their clothes.

“Well, that’s different… after the military I won’t do it though.”

“Who knows, maybe you won’t have to do it? Maybe they’ll declare you too short or something.” Namjoon teased, snickering under his breath before Jimin hit his back.

“You know, people always think I’m the jerk but that’s just because they don’t hear you say this shit.” He grumbled as he fell back on to Namjoon’s bed, temporarily giving up on changing out of his school uniform.

“That’s because you are a jerk.”

“A jerk who you’re still friends with.”

“Yes, a jerk I’m still friends with nonetheless.” Namjoon sighed dramatically in a joking way as if being friends with Jimin was such a hassle. “And you lied, you said you’d get us snacks.”

“I’ll buy dinner. I’m too lazy to run out.”

“What are we doing for dinner then?”

“Are you hungry already?” Jimin pouted, whining a little as he lifted his head off the bed. “I don’t want to order anything yet, Joon-ah.”

“Ah,” Namjoon sighed again as he fell onto the bed beside him, the bed creaking under their weight. “Why’re you so lazy?”

“If I do less things in my life, I’ll live longer.” He replied, shrugging as he turned on his side to face the other.

“That’s… I don’t think that’s right.”

“Well think about it, if you do tedious things like ordering dinner at an unnecessary time or cleaning your room obsessively, you’re just wasting your time when you could actually be doing something useful-”

“Like homework?”

“Not homework. Homework sucks. I mean like, taking a bike ride to the top of a mountain to feel accomplished or even spending time with your friends on your birthday- that’s not wasting your life. That’s living it freely and wonderfully.” He smiled.

“I’m sorry, Min, but your philosophy does not make sense to me.” Namjoon chuckled, reaching over to mess Jimin’s hair up. “But you don’t have to worry about those things, I’ll do the stupid tedious things so you can live your life.”

“Like ordering food?”

“Like ordering food.” He confirmed.

The two of them shared a soft laugh and the rest of the night went about the same, bickering and laughing over stupid things. They read comics like they did when they were kids and watched a movie or two and by the end of the night, Jimin had fallen asleep on Namjoon just as they had when they were younger.

—-

“What are you doing tonight?” The two were sitting in the classroom, Jimin leaning over him again.

“I don’t know. Probably finish reading this.” Namjoon lifted the book to show him the cover before he put it back down. “What about you?”

“See, originally, I was going to do some extra studying but then I said, no because that truly sounds treacherous and now, I plan to bug you until you let me stay over.” Jimin replied with a giant grin and Namjoon felt his heart flutter in his chest at the sight of him smiling. He quickly looked down to the book again, distracting himself with the words. “How does that sound? Will you let me come over?”

“I don’t know… you might annoy me too much.” Namjoon mumbled.

A pout formed on Jimin’s face as he leaned against Namjoon’s shoulder, “Please,” he whined and continued to for several minutes before the elder gave in. “Fine.”

Jimin quickly wrapped his arms around him and hugged him tightly. “I love you.” He kissed his cheek.

Namjoon woke up then, eyes wide and weirded out as he looked around his room only for his eyes to land on Jimin who was sleeping peacefully beside him and that’s how Namjoon started his best friend’s birthday; waking up in an odd state of awkward and happy and it went that way the entire day.

He could remember countless times when he caught himself staring at Jimin too long or when he thought Jimin had caught him or something like that. It was horrible. A continuous day of panicking over possibly liking his best friend but then pushing down those feelings out of fear rejection or even worse, completely ruining his longest friendship.

Chapter 8

Summary:

soft soft soft
just as everything else is <3

Notes:

very soft... i don't know how many more chapters there will be cause i love writing this so much TT
also, i apologise that i keep jumping from flashback to present time TT
i hope everyone enjoys :3

ALSOOOO!!
i'm definitely gonna make them adopt at least one child ;;
because i'm soft for bts with kids TT

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The young couple made it up to the apartment with little hassle. One thing Namjoon loved was his entitlement which may seem rude but he didn’t flaunt it as others did. He just enjoyed the fact that people knew who he was without having to ask. It left out small inconveniences like him having to show his ID or things like that.

With that aside, Namjoon was quite nervous. He realised that they would be alone for the first time with no responsibilities or people to interrupt them from being a couple which was another thing… it was their first time being a couple. The only time they got this close to anything was in their last year of high school when Namjoon’s mother was out of town and father was out of the picture, leaving him to invite Jimin over; they spent two days alone, both gay panicking as the cowardly kids they were whenever either of them felt even an inkling of feelings towards the other. That was the only time they ever felt like a couple and back then they were both scared of that feeling, but he hoped they had grown up a little since then.

“I can’t believe people actually live in places like these… it makes my apartment look like a box on the side of the road.” Jimin mumbled under his breath as he looked around, his head tilted back and eyes wide as he admired the interior that was mainly monotone colours (blacks, whites, greys) with splashes of colour with the watercolour paintings on the walls and the monochromatic style didn’t stop there. The furniture matched and even the lights. It was odd since his own apartment was filled with colour and knick knacks and oddities he’d had since he was 10 years old and he was sure that compared to this apartment, his looked like it was drawn by a small child.

“I like your apartment more.” Namjoon set down the bags by the couch. “If anything, yours is more homely. This feels like a museum, like we shouldn’t touch or move anything.”

Jimin looked back at him, pushing the couch partially just to prove that they could move things as much as they want. He didn’t like rules or being confined and he wasn’t about to stay in an apartment for two weeks where he couldn’t move things. That was just a crazy idea he couldn't wrap his head around. “Oops.”

“I don’t think you’ve grown up at all.” Namjoon snickered, walking over to Jimin. He picked him up effortlessly, one arm under his legs and the other supporting his back as if he were carrying a giant baby.

“I swear, if you drop me this will be the shortest marriage you ever have.” Jimin threatened as his hands quickly sprung to hang onto Namjoon’s suit.

“I won’t drop you, relax. I just wanted to give you the royal treatment now that you’re my husband.”

“You want to live out the cliche, don’t you?” Jimin asked and Namjoon didn’t deny it, simply carrying him into the bedroom and not so carefully set him down onto the bed.

“Truthfully, I just wanted to treat you like a prince. Even if I can’t give you the most spectacular life filled with the riches and wonders of the world, I want you to know that you’ll always be a prince in my eyes; you will always deserve the best.”

“That was so cheesy.” Jimin sighed as he looked up at him. “When did you become such a romantic? There wasn’t much time between liking gorey comics to you being obsessed with strange books.”

“They weren’t exactly strange but okay.” Namjoon chuckled. “And I’ve always been a romantic. Don’t you remember when I asked to look at the stars when we were like.. 12?”

“We were 10, but the only thing I really remember was how much my mom yelled at me after she found out I snuck out.” He grumbled, hooking one toe on the heel of his shoe before he kicked it off, doing the same with the other.

“Well, I remember sitting under the stars with you for what felt like hours. It was beautiful and we had done it several times, remember? Usually at the gazebo.”

“And the one time on the school camping trip.”

“Yes, the one time on the school camping trip.” Namjoon smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed as he took his shoes off and set them under the bed.

Jimin layed back on the bed, arms rested under his head as he looked up at the ceiling. “So…”

“So?” He laid down beside Jimin.

“What do we do now? I feel like we should do something and not just waste away our two weeks, right?”

Namjoon shrugged. “We could just watch movies and get a bunch of snacks.”

“It’s only 4 pm though…”

“And? We’ve nothing to do tomorrow or the next day or the rest of today, so why not relax?”

“That seems so strange to think about though.” Jimin sighed, turning over to bury his face in Namjoon’s chest but it was merely an accident. He was going to turn into the pillow and he didn’t know Namjoon was that close and… he wasn’t sure why he was making excuses up in his head. It was okay to do something like this… they are married now.

“What’s strange about it?”

It so weird hearing Namjoon’s voice this way, the low grumble that resonated, listening to the soft breaths he took and hearing his heart beat and knowing that it was only beating for him. The thought brought a blush to Jimin’s cheek so he simply buried his face further, nose diving in to try and hide the pink hue spread across his honey skin.

Jimin didn’t even hear his question, simply holding onto his husband. Both of them were still dressed in their nice suits, cuddled together and all Jimin could do is blush over foolish thoughts. In his defence, he’d only had one or two flings before - never even a boyfriend - and now he had a whole husband that was his own. That promised to be there no matter what… Curse his heart for fluttering in his chest. Love was such a stupid feeling that he didn’t like simply because he’d never felt it this deeply before.

“Jimin-ah?” Namjoon’s voice drew him out of his haze. “What do you say?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you want to get changed into something more comfortable before we begin our ~relaxation~?” He asked again, wiggling his eyebrows with a small smirk.

Jimin lifted his head only to set his chin on his chest instead, a soft smile spreading across his face. “On one condition.”

“What is it…” Namjoon asked cautiously. He had known Jimin long enough that the condition could literally be anything.

“When we’re done changing, I want to cuddle.”

Namjoon smiled wide as he chuckled, pressing a kiss to Jimin’s forehead. “Okay, that sounds nice baby.”

Jimin blushed again and pushed his chest before he got up. He went back into the livingroom to get his bag. He navigated his way through the hallway, checking a door or two before he finally found the bathroom. He shut and locked the door behind him, a soft blush still on his face as he looked in the mirror.

What was he doing? He was 28 and acting like a schoolgirl who was boy crazy and maybe there were some similarities between the two but he should be handling this more maturely! He should be casually flirting or something! Not acting like an idiot and blushing and hiding and just…

Jimin laughed out loud as he shook his head, running some water over his face before he pat his cheeks dry and changed out of his suit and into some sweatpants and t-shirt. He was sure he was going to drive himself crazy by overthinking about love… such a weird thing.

He left the bathroom, tagging his bag with him only to ditch it back in the livingroom. “The bathroom’s free.” He announced as he zipped the bag shut.

Namjoon snuck up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist, nuzzling his nose into Jimin’s neck with a soft smile. “I already changed. Now about that condition…”

Jimin blushed the moment he felt Namjoon’s arms around him, unable to stop himself no matter how much he despised the way he acted like a schoolgirl with a crush. He gently placed his hands over Namjoon’s, gently leaning his cheek against his. “Yes?” He mumbled.

“Do you really want to cuddle?”

He scrunched his nose, pinching Namjoon’s arm before he turned around to face him. “Don’t make me say it.”

A wholesome grin spread wide over Namjoon’s face. “I won’t… but it would be nice to hear you say “I want to cuddle with you, Namjoon”.”

“I-” Jimin cleared his throat, trying to contain himself. “I want to cuddle.”

“With who?”

“With you, I guess.” He replied, the blush coming back as he leaned his head into Namjoon’s shoulder.

“Hmm… I suppose that works.” Namjoon chuckled, wrapping his arms around him tighter. “I didn’t think you’d be this clingy.”

“It’s easier to be clingy when we’re alone.”

“Aww,” He chuckled again as he squeezed him. “Now let’s go find a movie to watch and cuddle, okay?”

Jimin rolled his eyes with a small smile as he pulled away. “What? You’re not going to carry me again? I don’t get the royal treatment now?” He teased as he walked away, making his way to the bedroom again.

Namjoon followed after him, sneaking up again to try and catch him but Jimin was faster and giggled as he jumped onto the bed, darting under the blankets. The elder chuckled as he pulled back the blankets, about to get in before he was stopped by Jimin. “Nuh-uh. Shut the blinds, it’s too bright in here and then we can cuddle.”

He shook his head with a soft chuckle and shut the blinds before he laid down beside him. He pulled the blankets up, grabbed the remote and wrapped an arm around Jimin, pulling him in close.

It was nice being this way; acting like a couple. A real couple… They both liked it. It was comforting to know they weren’t alone and were no longer just friends with a sort of tension between them where they waited for one to cave into the desire of being something.

Jimin welcomed it as well, leaning into Namjoon as he wrapped his arms around his waist and rested his head on his chest again; laying like this and listening to Namjoon’s heartbeat was becoming one of his favourite things.

They decided on The Age of Adaline which wasn’t exactly something either of them were too interested in but it was the only thing playing on the tv. It started and neither of them were really paying attention. Jimin was too focused on listening to Namjoon and Namjoon was too focused on watching Jimin, both waiting for the other to do something but somehow were content with the anticipation.

Finally, after the movie was nearly over, Jimin peeked his head up at Namjoon, eyes scanning over his face before stopping on his lips. He should be watching the movie but somehow, they were more captivating. He wanted to kiss them again, to feel how soft they were against his own and yet he was too shy to actually initiate it. Too nervous because what if Namjoon didn’t want one right now?

It should be an equal partnership not a selfish one so he was hesitant to initiate anything outside of a hug or a handhold and even then he knew the unspoken boundaries. They weren’t allowed to act as anymore than friends in the public eye or even around their parents because homophobia sadly existed and a small slip-up at this point in their lives could ruin both of their careers. Neither of them saw what was wrong with two people of the same gender loving another or even what was wrong with loving more than one person or none at all; both were accepting, but they didn’t understand why the media would take something like a marriage and blow it out of proportion just because they were both men.

Jimin knew better than to act too friendly or even show his ring too much because people might get the wrong idea… the press and everything surrounded Namjoon’s life so he wasn’t exactly used to it but that wasn’t a problem. What hurt the most was his parents; his father had died a few years ago and his mother was openly homophobic and had been since he was young. He didn’t realise it then but as he got older it became more apparent.

“What’re you staring at?” Namjoon asked, raising an eyebrow. “The tv’s that way, you know.”

Jimin’s cheeks flushed a light pink as he nodded his head and rested his cheek on his chest again. “Nothing. I just got distracted.” He whispered.

Namjoon hummed with a knowing smile before he leaned down and kissed Jimin’s head, pulling him closer to his chest. “I love you.”

He couldn’t help his blush from growing. The urge to hit Namjoon’s chest bashfully was strong but he couldn’t do it this time. “I love you too.”

Notes:

it means a lot that peoples actually read this ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡

also i didn't know what movie to pick so i just picked the first i could remember ;;

Chapter 9

Summary:

coffee in the morning and "intolerable" bickering hehe

Notes:

hope you enjoy!
i think at one point they should try to have a serious conversation but hhh it's hard cause i just see jimin deflecting everything TT

Chapter Text

A day or so passed and not much had happened. Neither of them left the safety of the apartment nor did they have plans to. They just wanted to stay together at least for the most part…

They had been best friends for a long time and had even lived together once or twice but it didn’t last long for multiple reasons but none of which were because of the other. Jimin usually was the first to move out whenever they lived together due to his mother asking him to move back in or him failing to support himself financially so he moved in with someone else, but no matter what he didn’t want to mooch off of Namjoon at any age. And in a way, Namjoon was the same; he wanted to spoil Jimin with the best riches or whatever he could afford ever since he figured out his feelings for the other and he never wanted Jimin to pay for anything. He wanted to support him that way and when he was younger, he may have even had the mindset that by paying for things Jimin wanted, maybe the younger would realise he liked him. Of course that was foolish but at least he grew out of it.

Technically, they had never successfully lived together. They could be in the same place for a few days at a time - maybe even longer. But one of the fears they both silently shared was growing bored of each other. It was doubtful considering every day felt like a new one when they were together but oh, it was terrifying. Thankfully, the only thing that had them worrying right now were their phones.

Both of them were starting to get antsy over it.

Jimin’s daily routine consisted of constantly running from place to place, keeping every part of him busy with little breaks to rest. He’d wake up in the morning, brush his teeth, go through his skincare routine, get dressed and then he’d be on his way to the dance studio, stopping to get coffee. He usually walked everywhere too, despite having his licence and a pretty decent car. At the dance studio, he’d either practice or preform and from then on, around 4pm, he’d make his way to the bar where he usually worked as a bartender until late at night and finally he’d find his way back home.

Actually sitting around on a “vacation” wasn’t exactly comforting. Sure, he was happy to be married and with Namjoon but the fact that they weren’t doing anything made him feel weird, like he could be doing everything instead of resting.

Namjoon was feeling the anxiety of being away from their normal lives as well. His day wasn’t filled with the same things as Jimin’s was nor was it as packed in an active aspect, but he still had a lot of responsibilities and things to do daily. He’d wake up every morning before the sun even came up, went to work and sat at his desk for hours on end, only getting up for the bathroom or to go sit in another chair for a meeting. It was relentlessly repetitive but he didn’t mind it per se. He was very grateful for how far he came and how proud he was of his company.

But this feeling was bothersome and not even cuddling could control it. Both were itching to take a glance at their phone, check things, make sure their lives hadn’t completely crumbled while they stepped away for a day and the only thing holding them back were each other with the already agreed upon rule of no checking cellphones. It would have been easier if they had left them at their houses or something but no. Now, Jimin’s simply sat beside him on the nightstand, face down but eyes still lingering on it and Namjoon’s was rested on the foot of the bed, completely off but oh, was it tempting for them.

“We should check them at least once a day… just in case. What if something happened?” Jimin mumbled as he sat across from his husband at the table that he thought was too small for this big of an apartment but hey, he wasn’t complaining. A cup of coffee warmed his hands that he had been nursing for a few minutes.

“You know,” Namjoon poured himself a cup as well before he joined him at the table. “I’ve been thinking about it. It’s very tempting…”

“So we should just check quickly! You’re thinking about it too.” He mumbled the last part into his cup as he brought it to his lips, taking a small sip, letting the sweetness rest on his tongue before he swallowed.

“The only thing holding me back is the fact that I think it would be good for just a short break so we can enjoy the simplicities of marriage.”

“That sounds like it came out of a holistic marriage book.” Jimin snickered, setting his cup down onto the table, licking the coffee from his lip.

Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head. “No. At least I don’t think so… I’ve never read anything like that.”

“Nothing holy?”

“Nope.”

“You dirty, dirty man. Now I know why you liked reading so much in high school. You were probably loving how erotic the words were.” Jimin giggled, a small smirk forming on his face.

“Haha, very funny. No. I’ve never read anything like that, but I’m pretty sure you have.”

Jimin kicked his shin from across the table, narrowing his eyes playfully. “Hey-”

“You’re not denying it.” Namjoon raised an eyebrow.

“That’s such a… vulgar topic to discuss over breakfast.”

“It’s 2 in the afternoon and coffee doesn’t count as breakfast.”

“Shhh. I’m trying to hear something.” Jimin suddenly said, leaning forward across the table.

“What’re you trying to find?” Namjoon asked before he fell silent for a short moment, even going as far as to hold his breath.

“There,” He pointed at a spot on Namjoon’s shirt, gaining the other’s attention enough for him to look down before Jimin caught his chin and quickly pressed a kiss to his lips before falling back in his chair.

“What was that?” Namjoon laughed, his eyes lighting up. “Did you just take a horrible dad joke and try miserably to make it romantic?”

“I wouldn’t consider that a dad joke but yes that’s exactly what I did, and I get bonus points for getting a kiss.”

He rolled his eyes. “You’re intolerable.”

“And yet you’re still here after,” Jimin to a glance at his wrist, pretending he had a watch. “2 days of marriage. I’m surprised. No one ever lasts this long with me.”

“You’ve been married before?”

“Obviously,” He joked, “You know, it happened on my 18th birthday.”

“Ouch, I’m hurt.” Namjoon rubbed his chest, over his heart.

Jimin giggled again as he leaned back in his chair, tracing his finger over the grey ceramic of his mug. “Don’t be. I’m sitting here with you, not someone else.”

“And I shall cherish every moment of it.”

He scrunched his nose as he cringed. “You’re so… sappy and romantic. It’s weird seeing you like this.”

“In a way, it feels like you’re trying to friendzone your husband.” Namjoon sighed as he shook his head slightly, only stopping to take a sip of his coffee.

“I’m not friendzoning you, if I wanted to do that, I would simply be in the bedroom on my phone and-”

“Another reason we shouldn’t have the phones on us during this week. What if we only checked them on… Saturday?”

“Saturday works.”

“For only 30 minutes unless it’s serious; in which case, an hour or however long it takes to solve whatever it is. How does that sound?”

“Sounds like a plan.”

“And for now?”

“Coffee.”

Chapter 10

Summary:

kiss kiss fall in love *anime intro*

Notes:

listen-
i tried... i really did try to make this romantic and sweet but also steamy but i'm in a slap happy mood right now-
it's 9 am and i haven't slept in over 24 hours so forgive me ㅜㅜ
also, i got really shy when they kissed which didn't help very much either ㅜㅜ

Chapter Text

It was night time and they had finished dinner about an hour ago, now just lounging on the balcony together. Jimin sat on the very end of the outdoor sofa with Namjoon’s head in his lap, gently running his fingers through his hair. The sun was setting and the buildings int he distance were slowly turning on all of their lights. He could almost fall asleep as he felt his hair gently and carefully be tugged through by his husband.

Jimin would be falling asleep as well especially in the warmth of the sunlight but he couldn't stop looking back at the swimming pool that was in front of him. He hadn’t been swimming since the dance competition a few years ago when everyone travelled quite a bit to make it there and so they got a hotel and some of the people on the team went swimming before they had ot leave, but anyways. He wasn’t even sure if Namjoon had packed him a bathing suit but he really wanted to just jump right into the pool even if he was just fully clothed.

It looked nice with clean water to the point where you could see the bottom, a ledge that seemed to drop off the side of the building and led lights underwater. “We should go swimming.” His voice was barely audible but Namjoon still heard it, a grin spreading across his face as he peeked open his eyes. “Swimming?”

He nodded his head, “Mhm… I don’t think we’ve ever been swimming together and it could be fun. Plus, it would be a shame if we didn’t use the pool at least once while we have one.”

“Do you want a pool?” He asked suddenly.

Jimin covered Namjoon’s face with his hand, rolling his eyes shyly. He knew if he were to say yes, by the time they got back from their honeymoon, Namjoon would’ve made sure that wherever they moved in together would definitely have a pool or maybe even get Jimin a yearly pass to one. He was learning quickly that he’d have to be cautious with his words because even if he was joking, Namjoon would take it seriously.

He stood up and let Namjoon’s head hit the seat, no longer cushioned by his thighs. Namjoon turned on his side, watching in amusement as Jimin pulled his shirt off and tossed it back to him before running and quickly jumping into the pool.

He couldn’t help but smile as he watched his husband come back to the surface, pushing his wet hair back. Namjoon whistled a catcall as he sat up with a soft smile. “Looking good over there~”

Jimin rolled his eyes and ignored him, diving back under the water to swim to the deeper end. His husband followed his lead, jumping in fully clothed rather than getting undressed even a little bit. He swam to the other, catching him under the water and lifting him up above the surface, his smile bigger than before. “Did you think you could get away from me that easily?”

“Maybe I did.” Jimin murmured as he pushed back Namjoon’s hair this time as he slid down in front of Namjoon so he was eye-level with him, arms wrapped around his neck.

He pouted as he glanced down at Namjoon’s shirt. “Darn.”

Namjoon raised an eyebrow, tilting his head in question.

“I wanted to see you shirtless. Haven’t seen that in a while… only suits, suits, suits.” He pat his shoulder with each time he repeated the word. “I’m pretty sure there’s more than one lovely fan of yours out there who’s fantasised about seeing you shirtless in a pool.”

“Let me guess, you’re that fan?”

Jimin hit him playfully as he narrowed his eyes. “No… never. I only fantasise about Chris Hemsworth and Lee Hoseok.”

Namjoon squeezed him a little, gently walking them around the pool. “Hmm… I don’t know how much I believe that. Just this morning you admitted you read erotica.”

Another light slap to his shoulder. “I did not.”

“You did.” He snickered, his voice a bit deeper than before. “But it’s okay, it’s cute.”

“Ah yes, reading erotica is so cute.” Jimin mumbled under his breath, a small blush creeping over his cheeks that only grew as his back hit the wall of the pool. He slipped his hands from Namjoon’s shoulders to his chest, bracing himself for whatever fictional “erotica” was running through his head.

“Why’re you blushing? I haven’t even done anything.” Namjoon chuckled, a smirk appearing on his face that had Jimin feeling some type of way.

“I’m not blushing.” He replied, narrowing his eyes as he pressed his fingers into his chest a little as if squeezing his chest would somehow threaten him.

“Somehow you get even cuter when you blush.”

Jimin scrunched his nose, not able to take the compliment really. Not with Jimin this close and holding him this way. He could feel his heart almost pounding in his chest. “Shh.”

Namjoon snickered again before he pulled Jimin’s chin up and pressed their lips together. He kept the kiss soft at first, their eyes shut and simply holding each other but Jimin surprisingly escalated it, leaning into Namjoon’s touch more. He gently parted his lips and Namjoon took his breath away, feeling Namjoon against him in this way made his heart flutter. He felt a pleasant shiver run down his back at the thought of what they were doing.

Jimin couldn’t pull away even after a few minutes of just kissing, even being hesitant as Namjoon broke it off breathlessly. Both of their cheeks were flushed, Jimin’s more than his but still… they’d never felt anything like that for anyone.

“Wow.”

“Shh.” he whispered, hiding his face in his neck and Namjoon welcomed it this time, holding onto Jimin’s thighs as he wrapped them around his waist.

It truly wasn’t much; Namjoon holding Jimin in the pool as the sun set, being wrapped in each other’s warmth. It was nice even if it wasn’t much, to them it was everything; their best moment so far.

Chapter 11

Summary:

kids <3
it's terrifying but yeah

Notes:

originallyyy i was gonna make this their first fight but i can't do it ㅠㅠ

anyways.. I hope you like this chapter. I'm sorry I haven't updated lately - i wasn't feeling well ㅠㅠ
but i'm better now ^^

enjoy please!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It was saturday and surprisingly, not much had happened. They had kissed the day before in the pool and even now as Jimin thinks about it, he gets a small blush on his face. It was highly unlikely that they would take it any further than that at least for the time being - definitely not on their honeymoon. Maybe for an anniversary or something.

But currently they were cuddling on the couch together, closer than they had ever been before. Jimin’s cheek pressed against Namjoon’s chest as he listened to his new favourite sound (his husband’s heartbeat) and struggled to keep his eyes open while Namjoon kept an arm draped around him, laying leisurely underneath him - comfortably even. He was comfortable with Jimin on top of him like this and it was kind of surprising. They had cuddled and laid together before but never this close; never this intimately; never this way.

A movie droned on on the TV that neither of them were really paying attention to. All they knew was it was about this plastic surgeon who used girls until he finds, supposedly, “the” girl and some other stuff that they could probably remember if they tried but they didn’t want to right now.

The room was serene with the sun peering in on them through the blinds invading their privacy in one of the best ways possible, a few vanilla candles lit on the coffee table in front of them, and a blanket and their bodies together keeping them warm. The only thing on their minds was the other and how content they felt just like this.

Somewhere in the back of Jimin’s mind was a nagging little voice that told him this wasn’t going to last like this - that once their two weeks of their small honeymoon was over, Namjoon would be different and everything would go back to how it was but they would simply be wearing a ring. It was a terrifying thought to him… that he’d go back to being alone. He never wanted to be alone.

When he was younger, he planned to be married by at least 24 to his high school sweetheart and hopefully have kids - maybe have kids… kids were terrifying as well but that was another topic to think about later. Jimin wanted to be more established than he was. To maybe have his own dance company or actually have debuted by now but being married and having kids came and went and by the time 26 rolled around, he was sure he’d never be married but then Namjoon gave him hope. Namjoon reminded him that they made that promise and it was exactly what he needed.

Now his dreams had changed. Now he was trying to figure out his career… try and find stability and-

“Do you want kids?” Namjoon’s voice was low again since he hadn’t talked in a while but the question caught Jimin off guard completely. He pushed the thought of kids away many times but now it was looking him in the eyes.

“I mean,” His voice was soft, trying to gather his thoughts and somehow staring at the wall helped. “I really wanted to have kids for a very long time. It was one of my biggest dreams. To have a little baby that looked just like me, but,”

“But?” Namjoon asked, looking away from the TV to analyse Jimin’s face.

“But, I kind of let go of that dream after I figured out I wasn’t attracted to women. The whole idea disappeared once I came to the conclusion that I was gay and confidently owning it. I kind of let it die off because it’s hard for gay couples to adopt and gaining a surrogate sounds… interesting. I don’t want to share my baby. I want my baby to be mine and I would be scared that they would simply change their mind once I’ve already bonded with the baby, so.” Jimin shrugged slightly as he looked up at Namjoon’s, a small smile on his face. “What about you? Do you want kids?”

“I’ve never really thought about it honestly.” He replied once he broke eye contact and turned his gaze to the ceiling fan above them. “When I was younger, I always knew that if I did have kids, I would be a wonderful parent. I would make sure my job, household, spouse - everything was completely stable before trying to bring a baby into my life. I don’t want them to go through what I went through because that was true torture.”

 

“And instead of having them sneak out of the house like we did when we were younger, they’ll just ask for someone to stay over and we’ll agree cause they could come to us whenever they need.” Jimin murmured and Namjoon nodded his head.

“Yup… but if we did have kids, what would happen?”

“What do you mean?” Jimin shifted onto his stomach and rested his arms under his chin as he looked up at him.

“What would happen with our jobs? Would we both be working or would one of us stay home? Would we hire a nanny?”

“Ah,” He giggled a little. “I didn’t think that far ahead… I still don’t even know how we would get a child. Adoption? Surrogacy? Or would one of us just have to bite the bullet and sleep with a girl so that way she could have our child, you know? It’s very… stressful.”

“Mm, you’ve got a point.” Namjoon agreed.

“What do you think though? What would you choose?”

“Personally? I know I can’t stop working because I’ve no one to run the business under me plus, I’ve no means of gaining another job if I quit the one I have now and it would be especially hard if I tried to find a job that paid just as well. But at the same time, I don’t want you to lose your dream. I want you to pursue every aspect of your career and fulfil your dreams without anything holding you back and…”

“And you think a child would do that.” Jimin finished his sentence.

Namjoon nodded his head slightly. “I do. So I would suggest a nanny. Then we could work on different schedules; maybe you, during the day and me, at night. And once I have more stability in my job I would be willing to leave it and raise our child which is why,”

“Which is why you think we should wait for them, yeah?”

Namjoon nodded his head again with a somewhat nervous smile. “Yeah. I think it would be smart.”

“It would. When though?”

“Considering we’re only 28, I’d say at least five to six years.”

“Or,” Jimin cut in.

“Or?”

“Or, I could just be a stay at home parent. Besides, I’m 28. It’s highly unlikely I could keep with modern dancers anymore and once I get too old, I won’t have anything to fall back on. Plus, it’s not like I’m debuting any time soon. I have too many problems with company rules and whatnot.”

Namjoon chuckled a little.

“So I wouldn’t mind staying home and raising a kid.”

“Really?”

“Yes really. And once the kid is older, I could always open my own dance studio or something to help out.”

“And in the meantime?” Namjoon was fishing around a little, wanting to hear that Jimin would fall back on him - that Jimin could trust him enough to take care of him financially.

Jimin groaned a little as he dropped his head on his hands, hiding in a way. “I’ll let you take care of me.”

A smile appeared on Namjoon’s face immediately and he hugged the younger tightly. “That’s all I’ve ever wanted to hear.”

He groaned again in annoyance as he looked up at him. “You better take care of me well.”

“I plan to. I’ll spoil you so much…” Namjoon promised, kissing his head. “I love you.”

“I love you too… now can we watch the movie? No more kid talk - it makes me shy.”

Notes:

i love reading your guys' comments and I reply to them all so feel free to leave one if you'd like :3

Chapter 12

Summary:

um um filler? yeah filler-
but it's cute so :3

Notes:

it's starts off weird (?) ig but i couldn't figure out how to start TT

Chapter Text

A few days passed and maybe Namjoon was going a bit crazy. He hadn’t checked his phone, not even when Saturday came and passed like they had discussed because Jimin didn’t bring it up and he didn’t want to bring it up since he didn’t want Jimin to think he didn’t want to spend time with him and- it was just a very hard thing for him to bring up. He didn’t want to be misunderstood by asking to see his phone so he was just letting it go but that wasn’t the smartest idea because now he could only analyse everything they were doing. Namjoon blamed it on withdrawals from not working since his job consisted mainly of analysing different documents.

So… he had counted.

Since the beginning of the honeymoon, Jimin and him had only kissed a total of 7 times which seemed like a small number to him… Along with that, they had watched a total of 23 movies and 4 tv shows (not completely because they grew bored), and they had used the pool only one time. In short, their honeymoon was unenthusiastic and he wasn’t exactly sure how to fix it.

Namjoon had made Jimin coffee every morning and they had ordered food for nearly every meal because neither of them wanted to cook and frankly, Namjoon wasn’t very good at cooking in general.

But with that all aside, he was starting to feel stir crazy. He was starting to have cabin fever - the type you’d get during Christmas time when it’s too cold to go out anywhere because the snow is piled too high and the roads are too icy; the type Namjoon hadn’t felt in a really long time that he hated which was why he could devise such a wonderful plan: date night.

It was long over due honestly. They had always had a weekly dinner together and when they couldn’t, they rescheduled a few days later so it was a good excuse to get out of the apartment.

Currently, they were lounging together in the bed - Namjoon sitting upright and Jimin resting against him. He kept his arm around the smaller, fingers mindlessly drawing incomprehensible shapes against his skin before he finally popped the question, “Do you want to go on a date?” He didn’t know why he waited so long to ask; maybe because it would be their first official date and he was nervous for it.

Jimin didn’t hear anything though, too immersed in his own thoughts apparently to hear Namjoon’s voice so he asked again, trying to add more confidence. “Do you want to go on a date?”

The younger smiled as he finally heard his voice, nodding his head. “I would love to. Where to though? Should we just do dinner again or should we do a movie too? Ah, but I don’t want to watch another movie - that’s all we’ve been doing.” He sighed, answering himself before Namjoon even answered his question. Jimin sat up slightly as he started to chew on his lip. “What’s something we could do together?”

“Well, we’re definitely going for dinner but I think we should do more than just that. It’d be cool if there was a carnival happening but I don’t think there is… or any festival actually.” Namjoon chuckled a little. “We could… go shopping?”

“Shopping sounds fun but we already have a lot. If anything, we should start donating things so that way when we do move in together, it’s not so cramped.”

“Hmm… what do people usually do on dates?”

“I don’t know.” Jimin laughed. “You were the only person who ever took me out on anything that was even close to a date-”

“Ah, so our experience is secluded to only us?”

Jimin nodded his head.

“I don’t really have any idea then.” He chuckled awkwardly.

The two were silent for a few moments before Jimin gasped, snapping his fingers and gasping as his face lit up. “I got it!”

“You have an idea?”

“We should do a spa day!” He exclaimed, getting onto his knees in excitement. “We could go buy some products from the dollar store or something and then come here and treat ourselves! It could be a lot of fun. And then at some point we can have dinner; either before or after the spa… I think before would be more fun. We should have an early dinner.”

“A spa day?” Namjoon asked, a smile tugging at his lips. “I don’t really know much about skincare but we can definitely try.”

“Oh,” Jimin took his husband’s hands, squeezing them. “Don’t worry! I got it covered! I can do both yours and mine~”

His smile grew as he saw Jimin’s excitement, growing more comfortable with the idea of a spa day even if he had no clue what to do; his skin care routine consisted of some water when he woke up and went to bed and light washing in the shower.

“So should we go get the stuff?” He asked.

“First, we should do dinner… or just snacks. Maybe ramyeon?” Jimin started mumbling to himself before he nodded his head. “Yes! That’s what we should do! Ramyeon and snacks and spa day! Ah, this is gonna be so fun!” He giggled a little as he sprung off of the bed and quickly grabbed his bag, pulling out nearly every article of clothing he had packed in there. “We should get dressed and go out to buy everything.”

“Why don’t we have someone bring it to us?” Namjoon asked, slumping in the bed.

Jimin’s eyes narrowed as he lifted his head quickly and looked at him. “Do you not want to be seen with me?” He asked. “Ouch, I’m hurt - why would you not want to be seen with me?” He was joking, mumbling words still as he focused back on finding clothes.

It took a total of two minutes to find an outfit that was decent enough to go out in which was only some jeans and a hoodie (his go-to outfit). He pulled his shirt off and tossed it onto the bed, smiling wide. “You need to get ready too! If you don’t, I’ll leave without you and if that happens, you won’t even get to sleep on the couch; you’ll have to sleep on the balcony in the cold.”

“You’re so cruel.” Namjoon replied, a smirk tugging at his lips as he got up, snickering. “I’d never let you sleep on the balcony.”

“And that’s why we go so well together.” He tugged off his pants and replaced them with the jeans quickly. “You aren’t cruel but I am - opposites attract, duh.” He joked as he adjusted his clothes slightly before he began trying to tidy up his hair that hadn’t been cleaned a few days simply because he neglected to wash it - not having a schedule was making him less tidy all around.

“I thought we went so well together because we know each other so well.” Namjoon mumbled as he pulled out some clothes for himself.

“Ah, that too. We know a lot about each other.”

“Like our coffee orders.”

“And comic books.” Jimin added. “We should do one of those couple interviews once we make it official to everyone - show everyone how freaking amazing we are and how well we know each other, how strong our relationship is.”

Namjoon smiled softly at the other as he began getting dressed. “I think that would be a cute idea. Putting out a healthy relationship would give us a good image.”

“Who cares about our image? I wouldn’t care if people thought we were a shitty couple because I know we’re the most powerful and strongest couple out there.” He was confident, taking a short moment to put his hands on his hips and look off into the distance as if he were a superhero only for him to quickly abandon the pose to grab his wallet. “I’ll be paying for this outing by the way. I’m pretty sure most of my life you’ll be spoiling me so this time it’s on me.”

“You’re right about one thing: I will be spoiling you for the rest of your life, but the one thing you’re wrong about is the fact that you’re paying tonight. I want to pay for it. I’ve always paid for our dinners and everything so I want to pay for this as well.”

“Oh,” Jimin scrunched his nose in a joking distaste. “You’re going to be that type of husband. Won’t let your spouse pay for anything, huh?” He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. “I can smell the gender norms of a gay relationship approaching so much it’s starting to stink up the place.”

“Listen, it’s not my fault I’m more old fashioned- I like taking care of those I love.”

Jimin chuckled, putting a stop to his little teasing act. “I’m merely joking darling. I love you and your ways… They’re cute and frankly, I don’t mind you wanting to pay for everything. I think it’s cute, but I am paying for tonight. You’ve to let me pay for a few things along the way or else I’ll simply feel useless.”

“You wouldn’t be useless.” Namjoon sighed as he shook his head - partially to get his hair to fall right and another part in resilience to his words. “A marriage or any relationship is about love and a growing bond. You get into a relationship based on feelings and-”

“I always thought you should have been a literature teacher or something… the way you think blows my mind - analysing relationships like that off the top of your head.” He replied and somehow he was suddenly standing beside Namjoon just to kiss his cheek. “I think your intelligence is sexy and it’s probably one of my favourite things about you.” He was nonchalant yet, somehow, that flustered Namjoon, bringing a light pink hue to his cheeks.

Chapter 13

Summary:

shopppingggggg~

Notes:

semi-long? not the longest so far though <3

Chapter Text

Dress normally, Namjoon advised and that’s what Jimin and him did except, they didn’t realise how suspicious once they made it to the convenience store and saw themselves on the grainy tv screen to show they were being filmed completely dressed in black with face masks on and hats to cover most of their face - Jimin even wore sunglasses; that was when they realised they looked like they were either going to rob a bank or like they were secretive idols trying to hide from fans. Jimin didn’t exactly care but Namjoon was quick to take off his bucket hat and stuff it in his pocket so he didn’t look as weird.

The two walked side by side down the aisle with ramyeon, Namjoon holding a basket as Jimin began picking out nearly every flavour they had, claiming that he could live off of ramyeon and truthfully, Namjoon believed it. He made sure to pick out his favourite as well, making sure to pick up an extra basket for the “spa-day” things since the first was already close to over spilling with packages.

“You know, for about two years or so, all I ate was ramyeon, rice and whatever you bought me for dinners.” Jimin sighed as he looked at the basket, trying to figure out what type of foods they should get. “Those were the best years. Now, I have to sacrifice my time to actually cook good meals… so sad.” He pouted.

“Why do you have to cook now?”

“Ah,” You could hear the complaining and whining behind Jimin’s sigh. “My mother kept stopping by every month and scolded me each time she saw that I only had ramyeon and rice so then she made it a big deal and now stops by more frequently and blah blah blah- she’s just making a big deal of it. It’s not as important as she thinks… so many families get by with the cheap, convenient food like ramyeon and rice, so why can’t I, mom? It’s not like I’d die from eating too much of it; most of what we ate was ramyeon and rice.” Jimin rambled on.

Namjoon chuckled as he set a hand on his shoulder, patting it. “It’s okay now. You won’t have to worry about her stopping by or what you’re eating anymore. Any meal you want, you can come and eat with me if you’d like.”

Jimin didn’t listen to him as he started to pick out some candy. “I also freaking dance for a living which takes a lot of energy and it’s basically like working out every single day… and those aren’t even the days that I do work out! Ah, she’s a pain sometimes.” He grumbled under his breath as he chewed the inside of his cheek. “I am fit even with eating ramyeon so.” He tossed an bag with pink pandas on it that Namjoon had never seen followed by a brown bag with a little cup of coffee on it but he knew for a fact that wasn’t coffee.

 

“Have you ever tried any of these?” He mumbled as he picked up the brown bag, reading the label.

“Maybe once or twice but who cares~ We’re on our honeymoon. We should be trying new things… you’re lucky we’re not travelling too far or I would have us try a couple spa.” Jimin smiled as he took Namjoon’s wrist and pulled him along to the next aisle full of skin care items.

“If you still want to, we could go to one sometime. I don’t think I’ve ever been to a spa or sauna.” Namjoon followed behind him, feeling even more lost here. He rarely went to the convenience store; usually, he’d just have his assistant get something or order it online because he rarely had time to stop and do things like this.

“Nah, I’m kind of nervous to go to one as well. I haven’t been since I was a little kid with my dad but now I have a complex-” Jimin leaned into him, whispering, “I don’t like people seeing my body. It makes me awkward.”

Namjoon had a hard time believing that since Jimin always seemed so confident and many of the outfits he had worn when performing were quite revealing but he wasn't about to doubt it so he simply reassured him. “Well, I think you’re beautiful.”

“Ah, of course you’d say that. You’re my hubby, you can’t say anything bad and if you do, I will mysteriously become a widow.” He teased, kissing Namjoon’s cheek quickly through the mask before he began grabbing beauty products upon beauty products that Namjoon had never seen nor heard of before.

“You can’t kill me… if you do, I’ll haunt you.” He promised as he held out the basket for Jimin, letting him add as much as he wanted.

“That’s so cruel… haunting me. If anything the guilt will get to me before you do.”

Namjoon shrugged. “You’ll learn your lesson.”

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows as he set several vials of oils in the basket that didn’t look very pleasant. “And what would the lesson be?”

“Not to kill people obviously.”

“That’s… I don’t like that lesson.” He simply shook his head as he pulled some sheet masks. Namjoon made sure to grab a thing of lotion too since that was the only thing his “skincare routine” consisted of.

“Of course you don’t like it.” He chuckled. “I don’t think anyone likes being haunted.”

“Old people.”

“What?”

“Old people like being haunted. They get to see their old relatives… it’s pretty cool, but I hope no one ever freaking haunts me. I’d be terrified… probably give me a heart attack.” He began to mumble under his breath as he wandered down, making his way to some drinks, suddenly stopping when he saw the large assortment of alcoholic drinks. He clapped his hands as his face lit up. “We need to get drinks too - it will be a lot more fun. I don’t think we’ve drank the entire time… ah.” A disappointed sigh left his lips. “I can’t believe we haven’t drank at all. Most couples spend at least half their honeymoon drunk.”

“We’re not like most couples though.” Namjoon reminded as he caught up to him, taking a bottle of wine from the shelf. “We should get this… it sounds cute.”

“Hmm?” Jimin peered over his shoulder. “Loveblock? What?” He laughed a little. “I understand the love part but what about the block.”

“Eh, well, the block part shows the solidity of our relationship.”

“Good point.. Okay. If you get that, I get this one then.” Jimin pulled a darker bottle of wine off. “It’s Wein…gut? Pry..ler? Yeah. Okay.”

Namjoon chuckled a little as he took the bottle from him and carefully set it in the basket. “Why don’t you get some beer and soju too?”

“Mmm.” Jimin hummed, a satisfied grin appearing on his face as he pat his stomach. “You’re my type of guy.”

“Well, I’d hope so…” He let out another soft chuckle again.

The younger rolled his eyes, drawing in close to Namjoon who still had two baskets full of items. “I think this should be enough…”

 

“Plus the beer and-”

“Shh, shh. Yes.” Jimin nodded his head, covering Namjoon’s mask right where his mouth would be. “Plus the beer and soju… you know, I think you like drinking more than I do.”

“I’d disagree but I don’t want to lie to you.” His voice was muffled behind Jimin’s hand.

Jimin held up his finger to silence him once more as he looked over the items before finally grabbing the rest of the alcohol they were going to buy before the two made their way to checkout, waiting in line behind a few people and to Namjoon’s delight, he stayed quite close. It made him happy for some odd reason, to be seen with Jimin even if they weren’t holding hands or something. They still were dressed similarly, which was probably as close to a couples outfit as they could get, and Jimin was wearing the wedding ring; it made him feel prideful knowing that everyone could see Jimin and him were in a relationship even if they weren’t flaunting it.

He had ended up smiling like a doofus, thankfully hidden by the mask but somehow Jimin knew it and shook his head with a smile like he was sharing Namjoon’s happiness. “You’re a dork.”

“Shh, let me enjoy this. I’ve not been to a convenience store in a really long time.”

“Oh, look at you Mr. Hotshot… I come here daily. This is the place I do most of my grocery shopping.” Jimin giggled quietly after whispering to him.

“I never have enough time to do things like this so.”

“So~ You should make time. I will make sure you make time to go grocery shopping with me every week or so, so you can get the full experience.” He replied, nodding his head to reassure. “And once we get a kid, you get to do it all by yourself while I take a nap because I’m sure my precious beauty sleep will be gone - I’ll need every second of that small nap.”

Namjoon chuckled, nudging his side with the basket of food. “I’ll make sure you won’t lose too much sleep.”

“Hey! What type of husband says that? Usually it’s “i’ll make sure you never sleep” or something like that - never I’ll make sure you sleep plenty. They only say that when they’re old…” He sighed. “Are you calling me old? Are we an old couple now? Ah, that happened so quickly.” He began to whine as he rambled again, taking the next step forward before he set the soju and beer up there, stepping aside to let Namjoon put the baskets up.

“We didn’t think this through.” Namjoon mumbled as he saw everything being put into bags.

“What do you mean?” Jimin asked as he pulled out his wallet, getting his credit card ready.

“How are we supposed to carry all of this half a block? We don’t even have our phones on us either so it’s not like we can call a taxi.” He answered, mumbling under his breath as he leaned in so Jimin could hear.

Jimin only glanced at the bags before shrugging. “I don’t see the problem. We can do it~ Don’t you go to the gym often?”

“No. I haven’t been to the gym in several months…”

He laughed a little as he handed his card to the cashier. “That’s too bad. I’ll carry the glasses since you’re clumsy and they’re heavy and then you can carry the snacks and light stuff so it isn’t too hard on you, how does that sound?”

Namjoon rolled his eyes this time as he picked up the bags. Jimin collected his card and his own bags before they made their way out of the store.

It was truly stupid not to have a taxi or bring their phones with and Namjoon didn’t start regretting it till his hands began to hurt from the tight plastic straps of the bags that weighed his arms down. He wasn’t weak but he really, really needed to work out more or something because this was simply pathetic-

It was okay though, but only because Jimin would look at him with the biggest smile that would encourage him to keep going even when he wanted to stop and take a break. He thought he had it under control - had found enough godly strength- until they made it to the apartment building and suddenly he was regretting renting the penthouse.

“Jimin-ah.” He groaned a little as he set the bags down at his feet, standing in the lobby.

Jimin wore a knowing smirk as he turned to him, bags still perky in his hands as if walking all that way with the extra weight didn’t bother him. “Yes~?”

“I can’t do it…”

“You can~ Think about how amazing it will be once we get up the elevator and to the apartment and then some nice ramyeon~ and once we’re done, I get to give you facial massages and everything~ Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.”

Namjoon’s eyebrows furrowed as he groaned again before he picked the bags back up and the two got onto the elevator. “I want to give you a facial massage too.” he mumbled under his breath.

“Okay, okay.” Jimin chuckled. “I’ll walk you through it.”

Chapter 14

Summary:

yum yum ramyeon

Notes:

i'm surprised i didn't make the classic "Do you want to get ramyeon together?" joke-
maybe later with that ㅋㅋㅋ (*≧▽≦)ノシ))

Chapter Text

Namjoon watched the boiling pot cautiously a few feet away from Jimin as the younger poured in the dry ingredients before adding in the dry noodles. Oddly, he took a few pieces of the uncooked noodles and began munching on them before he let the ramyeon to cook and offered some of the noodle to Namjoon who gave it an odd look. “You can eat it raw?”

“You’ve never eaten it raw?”

“My mother barely let me eat it cooked, is that so surprising?” He replied, taking the noodle from him before he crunched on it, a quizzical look coming over him.

“It’s good, isn’t it?”

“I… don’t know.”

“You don’t know?”

“I don’t know… it tastes odd.”

Jimin chuckled as he pat his shoulder. “You should get used to it. Dry noodles are one of my favourite snacks.”

“I prefer the little pita chips, do you know them?” He asked, making a small square with his fingers. “They’re cinnamon sugar… Very good.”

“We will have to get them the next time we go out then. If you like them so much, I will definitely have to try.” Jimin kissed his cheek before he returned to the ramyeon, not adding anything extra and simply just following the directions on the package. Before long he was dividing it u between two bowls and bringing it to the livingroom where he decided they would eat dinner that night.

Namjoon followed behind him, making sure to grab some utensils, cups and the liquor before setting it up on the table, sitting down on the ground afterwards. “So, what are we trying?”

“Paldo Bibimmyeon, of course. Your favourite~”

“Ah,” Namjoon’s face lit up, a smile spreading across his face. “You’re sweet… you should have made your favourite too.”

“Nah, it’s my treat to you for carrying all of those heavy bags here.” He teased a little as he picked up his chopsticks and took the first bite of ramyeon.

The smile stayed on Namjoon’s face as he pulled out to glass cups and poured them both a glass of wine, opening the bottle Jimin picked out first, the red wine filling it halfway. “Make sure to drink well, I don’t want your money to go to waste.”

Jimin rolled his eyes, gently snapping his chopsticks at him. “I should be saying that - don’t waste my money, drink well. Not the other way around.”

“Well too bad, I beat you to it.” He chuckled as he took a sip of the wine, the berry taste hitting him smoothly. “Mm… this is pretty decent.” He mumbled, looking at the deep red wine in the glass.

“I know, right? It isn’t very strong though but after a few glasses, you can get a little tipsy.”

“You tipsy? That’s hard to believe.”

“Hey! We both know I can get quite drunk.”

“Yeah, but it takes a lot.”

“That’s true… but still. It makes me seem like a drunkard if you say it that way.” Jimin mumbled under his breath before he took another bite.

Namjoon chuckled and did the same, humming in satisfaction. “I haven’t had this in a while.”

“Three months.” Jimin declared.

“Three months?”

“Yeah, the last time you had it was for the new year oddly enough.”

“I thought we ate seaweed soup?”

“No, ah.” Jimin pouted as he snapped his chopsticks at him again. “You were working late and I couldn’t find any - we waited too long to buy it - so I just brought the ramyeon and we ate at the office. Why is your memory so bad?” he sighed, shaking his head.

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to remember that but he couldn’t. The only thing he remembered from that was waking up the next morning tucked into the couch in his office with a note from Jimin that he still had kept away in his desk drawer. “I don’t remember it at all… did we drink?”

“A bunch.”

He chuckled and nodded his head, taking a bite of his ramyeon. “That’s probably why then.”

“I don’t know why people eat seaweed soup on the new years anyways. It doesn’t make much sense.”

“Actually,” Namjoon covered his mouth as he continued to chew. “Eating it is believed that you could have good wealth and fortune in the next year.”

“It’s food… I genuinely don’t think food has any power to determine our fortune or wealth.”

“Says the kid who kept playing with spiders in hopes that one would bite you and you could turn into spiderman.” Namjoon mumbled from across the table, the cup of wine against his lips as he glanced at Jimin with a smirk who was glaring at him.

“If Peter Parker could do it then Park Jimin could too.”

He laughed, pulling the cup from his lips to cover his mouth with his hand. “That’s too cute.”

“You’re so mean.” Jimin sighed, eating some ramyeon before splitting what was left of his portion and dropped it in Namjoon’s bowl, tapping his chopsticks against the ceramic. “Eat up.”

“Isn’t this kind of redundant?” He asked as he stared at the noodles.

“Why?”

“Spicy things make your lips burn and the sodium makes your face puffy and then wine makes your face hot and everything and we’re supposed to do a spa day?”

“Hey! I don’t care if your face is red and puffy, you’re getting a spa day.” Jimin laughed as he glared playfully.

“I wasn’t saying no spa day, I was-”

“You were pointing out the obvious.” He cut him off, shaking his head. “Eat up.” He lifted some food to Namjoon’s mouth, pushing it against his lips despite them not being open. “C’mon.” He whined a little.

Namjoon chuckled and opened his mouth, taking the ramyeon from him as he carefully held Jimin’s hand so he wouldn’t pull it away.

“Thank you.” Jimin replied, pulling his chopsticks back before he drank the broth that was left before finishing off his wine. “Now, hurry up. I wanna do your face.”

“Do your face… that doesn’t sound right.”

Jimin stood up and hit the top of his head, glaring again. “Stop being weird, you know what I meant.”

Chapter 15

Summary:

all over the place <3
and boring at times I apologise ㅠㅠ

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

About an hour had passed of Namjoon nursing his ramyeon with only a few noodles left out of fear of what Jimin would do to his face. It’s not that he doubted his abilities or anything but he just… he didn’t understand how people could use so many things to maintain healthy skin or why the had to when all he did was use lotion and his skin was okay so it just didn’t make sense.

But after that hour, he knew he couldn’t keep up nibbling on a couple of noodles any longer so he pushed the bowl to the side and locked eyes with Jimin, sighing. “Do your worst.”

That gained him a roll of Jimin’s eyes as the younger cleared off the table - mainly setting it on the ground elsewhere - before he set all of the skincare items on it; an assortment of glass and plastic bottles, plastic tubes, masks and even an odd roller thing that Namjoon had never seen but Jimin was confident and he was trusting.

“How do you want me?” He asked as he saw Jimin’s eyes scanning the table before they turned into crescents as he looked back at him. “You should lay down and get comfortable and-”

“I want to do yours too.” Namjoon cut him off and Jimin sighed. “Okay, okay. So stay sitting up and then I’ll do yours first and then you can do mine, how does that sound?”

“Okay.” He smiled, agreeing with a little nod.

Jimin wiggled his fingers over an assortment of bottles with dropper caps before picking one up. “First, we start with an oil to cleanse your skin… so.” He tried opening it, his confidence slipping as he failed to open it despite his knuckles turning white with the struggle.

Namjoon took it from him and opened it, handing it back with a small chuckle. “There you go.”

“I could’ve gotten it.” He mumbled under his breath before he took out the dropper and brought it close to Namjoon’s face. “Close your eyes,” He commanded before he dropped some of the oil on his cheeks and then his forehead, quickly putting the oil down before he began to rub it in with his hands.

The feeling of the oil itself was weird and foreign to Namjoon and it had him cringing a bit, curling his toes in his socks and hoping that the rest of the products didn’t make him feel so slimy. “Quick question.” He mumbled, trying not to get any in his mouth but he decided it was safe since Jimin was focusing on his forehead right now.

“Hmm?”

“Why do people use oils… I mean I understand some of it for massages and whatnot but for the face? Aren’t you supposed to keep oil off of your face?”

Jimin giggled a little, a wide smile spreading across his face as he rubbed in the oil. “The purpose is to draw out the nasty things from your pores and you’re right, oil isn’t necessarily good and many people don’t use it but I think it helps.” He shrugged even though Namjoon couldn’t see it since he had his eyes closed.

“Okay… I can’t promise that I’ll do this everyday though.”

“At least once a week darling.” He replied, booping his nose before he picked up the next product and a cotton pad.

Namjoon opened his eyes when he heard him start to struggle with the bottle again, his smile growing. “Do you need-”

“No. I do not need help. I got this… I do this nearly every day with my own stuff.” Jimin grumbled, grip tight on the cap of the bottle.

“You’re turni-”

“Shush.”

Namjoon watched with a knowing smile for a few moments, letting Jimin try all he want before he cut in again, grabbing Jimin’s hand, twisting the cap the other way. “You were turning it the wrong direction. Righty tighty, lefty loosey.”

Jimin huffed as he put some of the cleanser on the cotton pad, mumbling a “whatever” under his breath. He began applying it to Namjoon’s skin, making sure he didn’t leave anything untouched before he continued with the other products. He knew he wasn’t going to use them all but he wanted to have a choice and not be forced to use only one of them, and before long he was done, leaving Namjoon with a sheet mask on his face that made him look like a panda because of the design but he wouldn’t lie, the packaging was cuter than it being on Namjoon.

“Is it done?” Namjoon mumbled after a moment of hearing Jimin giggling to himself. His eyes were still closed out of fear of the product getting in them until he saw a flash of light, knowing all too well that it was a camera. He groaned a little in annoyance, though he really wasn’t annoyed. “Did you take a picture?” he asked, reaching for Jimin’s phone.

The younger quickly sprang from his seat on the floor, holding his phone close to his chest. “No, we’re not supposed to be on them, remember?” He reminded with a mischievous smile, shaking his head.

“Exactly, so why do you have yours?” Namjoon asked, raising an eyebrow but it was hard to tell with the mask on - his face looked distorted.

“Technically it’s yours so I didn’t break any rules.”

“That’s even worse.” He sighed, a small laugh coming out at the end. “You took a picture of me on my phone?”

“I wanted to change your homescreen - obviously it should be me now that we’re married.”

“I don’t believe you.”

“It’s true~”

“Show me then.”

“But that would be breaking the-”

“Fine, no rule. Can you show me?”

Jimin hesitated a moment, his smile wider than before as he glanced at the phone before he turned it towards him, not letting him have it but at least letting him see it. “Ta da~ A very handsome man you are.” He giggled.

It was truly a ridiculous photo - a horrible angle and everything, but Namjoon couldn’t help but smile. “You did lie.”

“For a good cause.” He promised.

“Did you actually change the homescreen though?”

“Nah, Rapmonnie is too cute to change, besides, you get to see my face everyday now, don’t you? I don’t want to be one of those overbearing people who are in a relationship and make the other uncomfortable because they make every aspect of their life about the other… didn’t you say we should be individuals?” He giggled a little as he returned to his spot beside Namjoon, sitting down on the ground, cross-legged with his knees brushing against the other’s.

“You’ve a good point.” Namjoon agreed, taking the phone from Jimin’s hand to turn it off. “Now~” his voice changed to something lighter and sing-songy.

Jimin cringed a little, his nose scrunching as he knew what was coming.

“You promised I’d get to do yours too.” He reminded.

“Sadly, I did.” Jimin sighed, closing his eyes reluctantly as he leaned forward. “You better not mess up my face… it’s my money maker.”

“It’ll be okay. I’m not gonna ruin it.” Namjoon promised as he looked at the table, trying to figure out what to use first and after a moment, he mumbled, “Jimin.”

“What?” He asked, opening his eyes.

“I thought you were going to walk me through it?”

“Ah yeah.” He chuckled as he picked up the first product. “Use this first or one that is like it, then a water cleanser, then an exfoliant, followed by toner and essence and then the sheet mask, okay?”

Namjoon nodded his head, smiling back at him. “Now, close your eyes.” He covered Jimin’s eyes until he shut them by himself.

He carefully started the first step, putting some oil on his hands instead of Jimin’s face but the feeling was making him cringe so he hurried and gently - probably too gently - started rubbing it into Jimin’s skin. In his opinion, he was doing a better job than Jimin, making sure to cover his whole face with it, brushing his thumbs under his eyes and over his cheeks with care and JImin had a pleasant smile on his face so he took that as a cue to keep going.

It was quiet as he followed the next step, using the cleanser but forgetting the cotton pad. He covered Jimin’s face in it, probably using too much but Jimin wasn’t complaining. He picked up the exfoliant and started to rub it in gently because he didn’t want to hurt him especially with the small pieces in it…

“You need to be a little more rough, Joonie.”

“I don’t want to hurt you though.”

“You’re not going to, I promise, but if you’re not going to clean my face if you don’t apply a little pressure.” Jimin giggled, opening his eyes as he leaned closer to him. He took his hands and started to guide them across his face. “Like this.”

Namjoon was still cautious but he did as Jimin said and before too long he had glided through the steps and Jimin had a ridiculous but cute panda mask on as well. He couldn’t help but laugh as he saw it. “I can only imagine how bad I look…”

“Yeah, they’re pretty ridiculous but they’re cute so it kind of evens out.” Jimin replied, bringing his hands to his face to flatten it out better. “You should be able to take yours off now though - it’s probably all dried up.” He giggled, reaching forward to peel it off of him. “There you go, now just rub it in and then you’re done.”

“I thought the dryness was part of it…”

“No we just waited too long.” Jimin giggled.

“What do you want to do after this?” He began rubbing what was left of the mask into his skin.

“I don’t know. We could watch another movie or a tv show? We could drink some more wine?”

“What do other people do on their honeymoons?” Namjoon mumbled, picking up his phone to look it up.

“I’m not exactly sure…” Jimin chuckled. “I think it’s funny cause I’ve been in countless weddings and everything but I have no clue what to do on a honeymoon. It’s supposed to be about bonding and growing but I feel like we’ve been attached at the hip since we were like.. 13.” He pulled his legs up to his chest as he rested his chin on his knees, watching Namjoon look through his phone. “What does it say?”

“A dinner date, exploring quaint places, club-hopping, and adventurous activities… talk about the wedding, shower, massages, kiss and cuddle, other very explicit acts that,” He chuckled. “I don’t think we’re too suited for currently.”

Jimin giggled, “I don’t really feel like going to a club right now… I feel like that’s a bit too public and we’ve been on many dinner dates.”

“And adventurous activities is kind of limited since there aren’t many things to do in Seoul.”

“We could do a couple sauna? I heard they’re quite popular.” He suggested, smiling behind his panda mask as he wiggled his toes. “We could get all steamy together.” He giggled.

“Well, we have five days left so I’m sure we can fit it in.”

“What about a picnic? We could make ramen here and put it in containers then take it with us to the gazebo and we could- we could have a night under the stars!” His excitement noticeably rose in his voice as he sat up straighter. “Like we did when we were younger, except better equipped… bigger blankets and you have to actually bring a pillow.”

“Aww, you don’t want to cuddle up to me again? It was cute then, I can only imagine how cute it would be now.” Namjoon teased a little, snickering at the end.

Jimin ignored him though, not even blinking an eye. “We could do that on the second to last day of our honeymoon.”

“Okay, so a night under the stars, a couples sauna and…”

“No, scratch the couples sauna. We can do that for like our 10 year anniversary or something.” He mumbled as he rested his chin on his knees. “It’s not like we have to have an action packed honeymoon. It could be small and simple.”

“Small and simple… eh, that would be- If we were to do that, I don’t think we would be sitting in a penthouse together.”

“Shhh, hush child.” Jimin put a finger to his lips. “Simple and small can also mean sitting in a penthouse with someone you love and just spending time together.”

“If you’d like to do that then that’s the plan. I think tomorrow or sometime in the future, we should go house hunting.”

“Oh that sounds like quite the experience.”

“It’ll be okay.”

“It took me two months to find the small apartment I’m in now and I didn’t even choose it - I had Yoongi choose for me.”

“Okay, well I’ll make the final decision. You give me a list of things you want in your dream home and I’ll find the perfect one for us.”

“Well, I want to help narrow down the decisions too.”

“We’re doing this together so you don’t have to worry.” Namjoon chuckled, reaching forward before he pat his head. “Don’t worry.”

“I won’t worry, I have you.”

“Now who’s being cheesy?” He chuckled again and leaned in, quickly kissing his lips before he took off Jimin’s mask. “Rub it in, remember?”

Notes:

i'm out of date ideas which isn't too surprising since i've never been on a date myself ;;
anywho-
is there any date you guys would like to see them go on O.o

thank you for reading <3

Chapter 16

Summary:

morning fluff <3

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Wake up!” It was Jimin’s voice that stirred Namjoon from his sleep. The sun wasn’t even up and Namjoon wanted to sleep more but as he peeked open his eyes, he saw Jimin crouching beside the bed, eyes wide with excitement and a wide, child-like grin spread across his face. “Come on.” He whined, gently patting Namjoon’s cheek.

His smile was reflected onto Namjoon’s face, who rolled over on to his stomach to hide his face in the pillow in a weak attempt to hang on to the little sleepiness he still had. “No, don’t go to sleep.” Jimin huffed, patting his back again before he tugged at his shirt. “I have an idea for a date.”

“We just went on one.” He mumbled into his pillow, eyes closed and close to sleep again.

“No. We had one here, but I have a new one we should go on… plus it’s a nice day here and,” He paused for a moment and let go of his shirt and for a whole second, Namjoon thought Jimin had left before he felt him jump onto his back just like a little kid. Jimin snaked his arms under Namjoon and his legs around his as well, putting his chin on his shoulder. “Please wake up. I want to go on another date… I have a wonderful idea. It’s a nice day out. It’s not too chilly or too hot and it’s not going to rain but it’s a little cloudy and just- wake up.” He whined.

Another moment of silence, to Jimin, Namjoon wasn’t budging but honestly, he was about to give in and wake up; he just wanted to see Jimin squirm over this.

“I need you to wake up so we can go on a date…” Jimin mumbled, turning his nose into Namjoon’s ear and he could feel Jimin’s pout against his skin which only made his smile grow into the pillow. “Please. Date. Me.” He whispered, almost grumbling, as he kissed his cheek between each word. “We. Need. Date.” He grumbled this time.

Namjoon chuckled, it getting Jimin to smile instead of pout.

“Meanie. You’re laughing at me.” He mumbled in his ear again as he rested his cheek on his shoulder this time, clinging to his husband like a baby koala.

Namjoon turned his head, his cheek against the pillow as he looked at Jimin, barely able to see the top of his head from the position they were in. “So,” He smiled again. “What’s the plan for the date?”

“Ah, okay!” Jimin sat up so he was straddling his back, eyes nearly sparkling in excitement as he clasped his hands together and looked up to the sky as he imagined it - almost as if he were retelling a dream of his. “We’re going to pick up some food and then go to Seoul Forest Park and we’re going to find a bench or even go into the forest and we’re going to have a little picnic and-”

“I thought you didn’t want to do a picnic.” Namjoon cut in, raising an eyebrow though Jimin couldn’t see it.

The younger quickly looked at him though and smiled wide. “I didn’t want to yesterday because I was feeling lazy but I think it would be good to go to the park for a picnic. We could use the exercise and-”

“I just carried a bunch of bags yesterday.” He reminded.

“And,” Jimin ignored him. “I really need to get out of this house… I love you and all and I love this place but I miss other people. My coworkers probably think someone kidnapped me or something- they’re gonna ask a bunch of question then I have to come up with lies and tell them I was sick and then when they ask about my ring I’ll just be like “idk what you mean, man. I’ve had this thing forever” then they’ll call me out on the lie and-”

“Did you have coffee or something? Did you even go to sleep?” Namjoon asked as he turned on to his back, holding Jimin’s hips so he wouldn’t fall.

“I can’t figure out how to use the coffee machine they have here so no coffee and yes I did sleep - got three hours, but then,” He drew the word out in his voice as he leaned down, resting his hands on Namjoon’s chest. “I had a wonderful dream about a wondrous picnic with my husband and so we must make my dream come true. It’s necessary Joonie. If I don’t get it, I might cry.”

And Namjoon believed he might cry because Jimin was notorious for crying on command, plus he could tell the younger was tired on top of that. “Shouldn’t you sleep a little more?” He asked, gently rubbing his thumb over his hip with a small frown. “You’ll exhaust yourself.”

 

“I’ll be fine darling.” Jimin giggled, leaning down and kissing his lips quickly. “But thank you for worrying about me… it’s cute - shows you care.”

“I do care.” Namjoon was fast in wrapping his arms around Jimin so he couldn’t pull away. “I care a lot which is why you should sleep.” He pecked his lips in return.

“No.” He giggled again. “We should go on the date and then we should come back here and sleep… Now that sounds perfect.”

“I have to disagree. You should get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.”

“And there’s my hole.”

“Hole?”

“Loop hole. The sun is up so I can’t sleep yet.” Jimin replied, quickly kissing his lips again before attempting to pull himself out of Namjoon’s arms which seemed to get tighter the further away from his chest he got and it was met with failure and Jimin resting his chin on Namjoon’s chest, welcoming the hold instead.

“Very cute but you can sleep… you should sleep. I want you to.” Namjoon mumbled, kissing the top of his head.

“I really, really, really,” He was whining again. “Don’t want to sleep right now. I want to go on a wonderful date with you, Namjoon.”

“Okay.” Namjoon chuckled. “You win, you win… we can go on another date.”

Notes:

lowkey feel like this is the best chapter i've written in a while even if it's small ;;
anyways enjoy <3
the date is gonna be vv cute <3

Chapter 17

Summary:

namjoon is so in love

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Namjoon truly wasn’t in the mood to hike today or even walk the sidewalk that was created throughout the forest and yet, Jimin’s smile and occasional giggles and just Jimin himself, were what kept him going. When he was younger, he’d practically live outside and in the forest, taking his bike on crazy hikes that his mother would scold him for once he got home but over the years, he focused more on the tasks that kept him indoors rather than outside and it wouldn’t be too shocking if he admitted that he hadn’t actually gone on a hike or had a day out in the trees in over four months. Plus, on top of his mainly sedentary life, he rarely found the time to workout that didn’t consist of lifting heavy files off his desk and into his briefcase, so suddenly going on a small hike, dressed in the wrong clothes and not in good shape probably wasn’t the best idea but my god, when the way Jimin was truly enjoying himself made it all worth the while.

The younger was several steps ahead of them and it didn’t even look like they were there as a couple. You honestly wouldn’t know they were together if it weren’t for the matching facemask that Jimin begged him to wear, the rings they wore and the fact that Jimin would call out to him whenever he would fall behind. And Jimin wouldn’t have realized Namjoon was falling behind if it weren’t for the way he became fascinated by something nearly every second and would turn back to look at him, pointing out whatever it was that piqued his interest even if it was just a leaf that was cutely shaped. “Joonie-ah!” He would shout with the biggest smile and all it did was warm Namjoon’s heart. Jimin was the only person to give him the nickname and he was the only person who ever used it as well…

Maybe it was just the honeymoon phase that was making Namjoon feel like every day had him falling for Jimin more and more but he couldn’t just brush it off as a cliche.

When he was young - young, but so many years ago now - he knew he had started having feelings for his best friend. He knew that he wasn’t going to be able to just let it brush by so he studied more, got into a good college, tried so desperately to distance himself but even as he went through his military service, Jimin found a way back to him. They wouldn’t talk for a few months at times but suddenly, he would pop back up into his life and Namjoon would noticeably be happier than he was before and even during his military service, Jimin would send him, what seemed like, ten letters every single day; it made the other soldiers would tease him for it but somehow, it made him have hope. Then, he was back in college, started his own company and they started their weekly dinner that they hadn’t had since they were in high school. Namjoon had tried desperately to ignore his feelings, to pretend he was just delusional and that Jimin was just a really good friend but, after years of denial, he finally gave in to his feelings.

The exact moment he realized he was in love with him was unclear but it seemed to happen all at once. All at once, he realized how much he longed for Jimin to smile at him. All at once, he realized he wanted to feel his lips against him. All at once, he was spending more time at his desk glancing at his phone, waiting for a text from Jimin than he was actually working. All at once, he realized that the first thing he thought in the morning wasn’t anyone or anything but Jimin… the shorter, smaller, funny, cute, adorable, beautiful, sometimes blonde best friend that he had known for so long.

“Joonie-ah! C’mon~” Jimin wasn’t whining this time but Namjoon could tell how impatient he was to get to somewhere that even he didn’t know. He hastily grabbed the other’s hand, pulling him past a few people as he lead him to a quieter place not as close to the entrance as the others. “Sit.” He said, making sure Namjoon had sat down on the bench before he sat down as well, a dramatic sigh leaving his lips as he smiled wide.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow as he returned the smile, watching him for a moment before he looked around. There were a few couples there aside for themselves but they were all gathered around the water or walking down the beaten paths, admiring the beauty of the trees or the water, or even the bridge… it was all so beautiful and yet the two of them were sitting in the middle of trees, facing trees that were all the same. “Why did you choose here?” He questioned as he handed the cloth bag they brought with to his husband.

Jimin’s smile grew as he pulled out a cream bread for himself, opening the package before he tore off a piece and handed it to Namjoon. “Well, when we were younger, you would always stare at the trees, remember? Like we would go to the gazebo and you would either look at the stars or the trees… or that time you took a trip with your grandfather- nearly all of your photos were of trees. I always found that cute… you always liked nature.” He giggled a little as he tore a piece off for himself. “I never understood how people could like nature either. Or how they could keep plants alive- every time I tried having one, I would end up killing it or forgetting it and then it would go to waste.” He sighed, shaking his head as he gazed at the trees in front of them.

Namjoon hadn’t eaten his bread yet. He was simply staring at the other with the most amused grin. Jimin had noticed something that no one had before - that no one cared enough to notice before and man, did he feel his heart flutter in his chest as he came to the conclusion, “You fell hard for me.”

“Pfft. As if… why would I fall for you?” Jimin replied in an instant, not even caring that he still had food in his mouth.

“Who else could possibly care enough to know that i liked nature?”

“Literally anyone. Anyone would know you liked nature if they saw your apartment or even your gallery on your phone. It’s all you, your dog, nature, art galleries… If people pay attention-”

“Mhm, whatever. You love me.. And you have for a very long time.”

He scoffed as he narrowed his eyes, playful as he sat up and turned to him. “What about you, hmm?”

“What about me?”

“You love me.”

Namjoon rolled his eyes as he finally took a bite of his bread. “I guess I do.”

“You guess.” Jimin exaggerated the last word. “You guess you do. Yeah right. You love me and you always have.”

Namjoon laughed a little as he swallowed his food and turned towards him as well, nodding his head. “You’re right but who the hell wouldn’t love someone like you? Hmm? It would be easier to list your worst qualities than your best because your best are unlimited and your worst are nonexistent.” He chuckled, shaking his head this time, realizing how ridiculous it would be to put a measurement on his love for Jimin. “To me, you’re like the Cleopatra to my Julius Caesar - you’re Mumtaz Mahal to my Shah Jahan. I would give you all of the riches of the world, anything man can make. You mean the world to me and always have and I will do whatever it takes to keep you in my life and see that smile on your face.”

“Aish…” Jimin pouted, cream from the bread in the corner of his mouth but Namjoon wasn’t going to mention anything. He hit his shoulder before leaning against him. “You’re mean.”

It made Namjoon laugh out loud, shoulders gently shaking. “I just confessed my love to you, how am I mean?”

“You’re mean cause you’re spoiling a good day by making me want to cry.” He mumbled as he bit into his bread, munching on it quietly as he stared at the ground.

His laughter died down to a short chuckle, wrapping his arm around his shoulder and pulling him into an embrace, gently hugging him. “It’s not ruining a good day. I’m making you want to cry out of love which is an amazing thing… You’ll cry many times in your life but very few of those times are out of happiness so embrace this and-”

“You sound like a philosopher.”

“And you shouldn’t talk with your mouth full.” Namjoon replied, covering Jimin’s mouth with his hand. “Where was I? Ah, yes. Be happy. We’re in a nice park together on a wonderful date and everything.”

Jimin nodded his head, pulling Namjoon’s hand away before he took another bite. “That’s true.” He was talking with his mouth full again but Namjoon wasn’t going to nitpick him for it.

“Mhm… now, what’s on today’s agenda?”

He lifted his head and handed the bread to Namjoon for him to hold while he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket that was neatly folded. “One… picnic date, so you have to at least eat one thing to make this a picnic.”

“Got it.” He nodded his head as he took a bite of the bread for him. “Next?”

“Second, take a couple pic. We don’t have to do this one if you don’t want; I know you don’t like your picture being-”

“No, we can. We could even ask someone to take it.”

“Ah no, no no. We should just take a selfie so it’s more memorable.”

“Okay.” Namjoon chuckled.

“Then…” Jimin tilted the paper slightly as he tried to read his own handwriting and Namjoon caught a glance of it, a smile growing across his face as he snatched it from him.

“What is this?”

“Nothing- it’s nothing.”

“Park Jimin and Kim Namjoon forever?” Namjoon asked as he read the title of the page, finding each heart around it even more adorable. “Is this a couple’s to-do list?”

“No.” Jimin sat up quickly, trying to take it back from him but curse Namjoon’s long arms as he held it away from him.

“It is~ Picnic date… night under he stars. Wash each other’s hair- wasn’t it enough to wash our faces?” He teased. “Matching outfit - we did that already so it should be crossed out.”

 

“That wasn’t matching. We just happened to wear similar clothes.”

“Shopping together… scavenger hunt. Spring festival together… A bike ride.”

“Or a boat ride. I’d settle on that one.” Jimin mumbled as he peered over his shoulder, Namjoon holding it closer to himself as he read it.

“Candle-light dinner. You’re a real romantic aren’t you?” Namjoon asked as he kissed Jimin’s head. “We can do them all. Just not all today… maybe a few of them. I do want to add one though.”

 

“You can’t add one.” Jimin huffed, taking it back and neatly folding it back correctly. “You can make your own list and then we finish both of them.”

“Ah, like a bucket list?”

“Kind of… except the tasks, or dates, aren’t too outrageous.”

“Okay.” Namjoon’s smile was wide as he handed him back the bread. “We should complete them all before the honeymoon ends.”

“You’re crazy. We’ll never sleep if we try to complete them all.”

“It’s okay if we don’t finish them all… just as long as we try.”

“Fine…”

“What do you want to do first?”

Jimin thought for a second, licking the cream off of his lip before his face lit up. “I’m pretty sure there’s a place near here where we can rent a paddle boat or something…”

“Finish eating and then we can go look for this boat.”

“Or bikes.”

“Or bikes.”

Notes:

it's not even funny how much hometown cha cha cha gives me motivation to write this ;;
it's so sweet-

anyways! thank you for reading ^^
if you enjoyed be sure to leave kudos if you haven't and comment if you'd like :3
i really enjoy seeing all of the interactions even if it's something small ^^

Chapter 18

Summary:

tandem biking is not easy and jimin is uncoordinated-

oh and namjoon is whipped ;;

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Originally, the idea was to go on a boat ride. Maybe kayaking or something… something sweet and romantic like in the movies and dramas that Jimin had watched so often but it was quickly and silently agreed that going in the water didn’t seem like a good idea for multiple reasons.

One: neither of them had ever rowed a boat
Two: there were no boats to rent or anything of the sorts.
Three: both had a small fear of falling into the water

So they found themselves standing in front of a small rental bike shop that was more like shack and was oddly placed with no other businesses or anything around it, simply standing alone between the trees by the exit to the park but they were lucky cause Namjoon was adamant the entire walk that there was no place to rent a bike there while Jimin would simply ignore him, knowing he hadn’t been out of the house leisurely or in the park in years.

“I told you it was here.” Jimin said, smiling behind his mask as he looked up, eyeing the bikes that hung from the ceiling. They looked nicer than any Jimin had ever had even as a kid. Granted, he wasn’t one to ride his bike very often - he would have rather stayed at home and read comic books than go out and play - but it was still impressive seeing so many designs and colours.

“I didn’t know they allowed bikes in the park.”

“Why-” Jimin’s face contorted into one of confusion. “Why wouldn’t they allow bikes? There are literally bike trails everywhere.”

Namjoon shrugged. “Maybe those were just like… squirrel paths or something.”

He giggled. “Squirrel paths?”

“Yeah. I mean, there’s got to be a lot of them here.”

“You’re cute.” He rolled his eyes.

Namjoon snickered a little as he glanced across the bike selection before asking, “Which ones do you want?”

“Ones? Oh, no no no. If we’re going biking we’re doing this together.” He smirked as he pointed out one of the only tandem bikes available and for a moment it seemed like it was a scene from a movie, the lights dimmed around it and a spotlight shown upon it, the heavenly glow and angels singing… jk. But that would be pretty cool-

“A double-bike?”

“They’re called tandem bikes and I think it would be fun~ it could be a nice bonding experience… see how well we work together.”

“We’re already married.”

“Yeah but this could help with our chemistry~”

“Our chemistry is simple. You like being little spoon and I like being the big spoon. You like coffee in the mornings and waking up late while I like making the coffee and waking up early. We work well together.”

 

“Shhh, please. Maybe I just want to go tandem biking with my husband.” Jimin mumbled, crossing his arms.

“Okay,” He chuckled, glancing around the small shop for a worker but there was no one around so he rang the silver bell by the cashier. “I do have to say that I’ve never seen anyone successfully ride a tandem bike.”

“Blah blah- we’ll be the first to succeed then!” Jimin jumped a little as he clapped his hands.

Namjoon smiled, reaching his hand up before he messed up Jimin’s hair. “First we need to get the bike.”

“First we need to-” Jimin mocked.

“Be nice.” He gently nudged his shoulder with his own.

“What can I do for you?” An middle aged man seemingly appeared in front of them behind the counter, a wide grin across his face as he leaned on his elbow.

“We’d like to rent a bike.” Namjoon answered.

“A tandem bike.” Jimin pointed out the double-seated, sleek black bicycle.

“For an hour with the tandem bike it is 10,000 won and an extra 5,000 won for every hour after the first. You will also have to pay for any damages after it’s return if there are any. Deposit is 12,000 won. All bikes must be brought back by 2 pm.”

Jimin glared at the vendor and Namjoon could just tell he was about to give him a piece of his mind so he spoke first, nodding his head. “Sounds good.” He pulled out his wallet and handed him the money and in return the man gave him a ticket.

“If you lose that, you won’t get your deposit back even if you return the bike.”

“Okay, thank you.” Namjoon nodded his head again, a courteous smile on his face. He put the ticket in his wallet.

In less than ten minutes, the man had given them the bike finally and the two of them had walked it to another vacant bench, discussing where they both should go and after another minute or so, they had gotten on the bike.

“I still think I should be in the back.” Jimin grumbled, tightening his hands on the handlebars as if he was some type of racer or something.

“You have more direction… if I were in the front, I’d steer us into a tree or even the water by accident and then we’d have to pay for all of the damages.”

“Okay, okay. Whatever you say… you seem to have more direction than I do though.”

“How so?”

“Ah, let’s just start going-” Jimin grunted slightly as he pushed forward, the bike not budging at all because Namjoon still had his feet planted on the ground.

“What happened?” Namjoon asked, a small smirk on his face as he watched Jimin try to push off the ground again and he only grew more amused as Jimin began to look at the pedals and then the wheels and even looked back, past Namjoon’s feet that were still there, stuck to the ground to check the kickstand before letting out a sigh. Another moment of him staring in front of himself before he quickly turned the other with a glare. “Namjoon!”

“Jimin!”

“Lift those feet off of the ground if you don’t want to sleep on the couch tonight.”

 

“Ah, that’s the first time I’ve ever heard that threat… it’s refreshing. We sound like every other couple.”

“And it won’t be the last.” Jimin grumbled as he tried to push off of the ground again but Namjoon didn’t move his feet. “C’mon,” He whined. “Please? We only have an hour.”

“Technically we have two.”

“I don’t want to pa-”

“You’re not paying. You paid for the last date so this one is on me darling. Now let’s go.” Namjoon encouraged but only to annoy Jimin and to his amusement, it did.

The younger let out the most irritated huff of air Namjoon had ever heard which made him laugh a little but it only lasted a few moments before they took off. Well not exactly… they didn’t take off right away. Jimin was surprisingly more unsteady than he would have expected and riding an tandem bike had ot be harder than a normal bike.

“Why won’t it stay straight!” Jimin huffed as he pushed against the pedals and turned the wheel quickly.

Namjoon laughed under his breath. “Keep your hands steady… and just pedal.”

“Wonderful advice babe.” He grumbled again as he tried to pedal harder but they barely made it at all.

“Okay, I’m done with this. This sucks.” He said, quickly getting off the bike, kicking at the ground in frustration.

“We should return it and do the next thing on your list. How does that sound?” Namjoon asked, getting off the bike more carefully than Jimin had, holding the handlebar with one hand and the first seat with the other so it wouldn’t fall out.

“That man better give us the money back. We didn’t have it for more than half an hour.” He said, still glaring slightly but Namjoon found it cute.

“What’s the next thing on the list?” He asked, beginning to guide the bike and Jimin along the path back to the small shop.

Jimin grumbled some things under his breath but they were too quiet to be heard. He pulled the list out from his pocket and looked through it. “Matching tattoos, kissing in the rain, stargazing, go to the aquarium and/or zoo, slow dance, bubble bath - which we can cross that off cause the more I think about it, the more embarrassed I get - read a book together, share ice cream or a milkshake, couples ma-”

“Ah, that’s a lot of stuff, doll.” Namjoon sighed as he shook his head slightly, his hair falling into his eyes and Jimin would have swooned over such a thing like he did when he was younger but he was too focused on the fact that Namjoon used a pet-name on him; a cute, little name that no one had likely been called in that sweet voice of his husband’s. He could definitely check that off of the list.

“Why don’t we share some ice cream and go home… wait to stargaze together and hope for rain so we can kiss in it.” He suggested, glancing up at the clear skies that likely wouldn’t rain for weeks but he could hope it would so he could fulfil that dream of Jimin’s. “Then tomorrow we’re off to the gazebo for another night under the stars… we could wearing matching pyjamas?” He was trying his best to fit it all in during the short period of time they had together without the interruptions of work, society or their phones and it would be hard to get it all done but he was sure they could get a lot in and whatever they didn’t finish, they could always try to accomplish some other time.

Somehow Jimin had ended up in front of the bike, walking with a little more pride rather than irritation, eyes glued to the list and it silent between the two of them but he suddenly stopped and turned around, a wide grin on his face. Namjoon had nearly ran him over but luckily he had a good grip on the bike and had decent reflexes.

“This is why I love you.” Jimin declared. “You know how to make my me happy and I can tell what you’re trying to do. You’re trying to get as much done as possible, right?”

Namjoon shrugged, a shy smirk on his face as he turned the front wheel and walked past him, replying with a, “Maybe I am.”

And that reply was enough to make Jimin’s smile grow. He quickly caught up with the few steps that were between them and hit his shoulder playfully. “I love you and how caring you are.”

“Thanks.”

“Thanks? That’s all I get?”

“Thank you for existing as my husband.”

“God, you’re so awkward.” Jimin groaned playfully before he leaned his head on his shoulder and linked arms with him, the two walking peacefully together.

Notes:

i hope you enjoyed!
more dates to come~
and soon we'll get to see them out of the honeymoon(?)
i'm not sure if that makes sense cuase it's 5 am ;;
but, we'll get to see what they're like together outside of the safety of their rented honeymoon apartment and what they're like on the day-to-day basis :0

thank you for reading ^^

Chapter 19

Summary:

cute flashback to when they shared a milkshake~

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Jimin stood beside his bed in his room, shaking his piggy bank violently watching as coins sporadically fell out along with a few paper money but he knew there was more in there. He could hear the distinct sound of money shuffling against the ceramic so he raised the pink pig and looked into the hole, trying to see how much was left before he hastily stuck his little fingers in there, reaching and pulling the money out the best he could. It wasn’t every thing but after counting it quickly once and then a second time just to be sure, he decided it was enough and to a 9 year old, 5,000 won was quite a lot.

He quickly threw his piggy bank onto his unmade bed, hands grabbing at the money he had gotten out before quickly stuffing it into his pockets. “Mom! I’m going out!” He shouted, not waiting around for an answer before he opened his window and scaled down the side of the house, running as quickly as he could.

The money he just stashed into his pockets was meant to be spent on comic books but after some thorough convincing from Namjoon - which was just Namjoon passing him a note at lunch that same day - he was going to use it as snack money. And trust him, he usually always had snack money but this was a special occasion so it was okay for him to spend it.

Before long, he was standing in front of the new diner they had found a few days before, hands against the window as he looked in, chest heaving, trying to catch his breath from the run. His eyes were frantically looking over the tables that were mainly vacant but his friend was nowhere to be seen.

Jimin grumbled under his breath as he started to glare, looking down the street in the direction of Namjoon’s house but he couldn’t see him at all. “I can’t believe he made me get my money and then- I’m gonna kill him.” He huffed.

“Going to kill who?” Namjoon asked with a big grin, tapping Jimin’s shoulder. “I’ve been waiting for you here.”

“Wha- that’s not true! I just looked.” He replied, looking Namjoon up and down almost like he was sizing him up.

“I was standing in the alley cause it’s hot out here.” He explained.

“Why didn’t you call for me then?”

“I was tying my shoe-”

“Pfft. Okay, whatever. Did you get the money?” Jimin asked, sticking his hand in Namjoon’s pocket to try and find it.

“No- no.” He was quick to pull his hand out. “I didn’t have any money left and my mom isn’t home.”

“What about grandma?”

Namjoon shook his head. “She’s in the fields right now so I can’t go out there.”

“Ah, that sucks.” Jimin sighed, pulling out the money from his own pockets. “I only brought enough for one. I would have brought more so you could have one too.”

“It’s alright, Min. You should still get it. I’ll get it next week.”

 

“Okay.” Jimin smiled and quickly grabbed Namjoon’s hand, leading him inside before they sat down at a table together, the younger sitting up as tall as possible almost as if he were pretending to be an adult. Namjoon, on the other hand, was simply leaning against the table, chin in his hand as he looked around the diner.

A waitress came from the back of the shop, dressed in dingy and stained clothes with an apron on. She was drying her hands when she asked, “What can I get you two gentlemen?”

“Do you have milkshakes here?” Jimin asked, kicking his feet under the seat.

“We do. Two milkshakes?”

Jimin shook his head. “No, just one.” he answered and she glanced at Namjoon who nodded his head in reassurance.

“Okay, one milkshake coming up. Is that all?”

“Yes ma’am.” Jimin nodded his head then, smiling at the waitress.

She had left to make the drink, leaving Jimin and Namjoon at the table.

“We should ask for two straws.” Jimin declared.

“Why? Are you going to try and drink through your nose again…” He asked cautiously, eyes judging him already.

“No but that was fun.” He giggled. “We should get two so you can have some too. I feel bad just drinking it by myself especially when you were the one who wanted one so badly.”

Namjoon smiled and sat up a little more in his chair, feeling happier than before.

Without having to ask, when the milkshake came out there were two straws and two spoons almost as if the waitress had heard them talking the entire time. “Enjoy you two.”

Between them sat the most heavenly drink they had ever laid eyes on. In a glass they had only seen in movies, whipped cream stacked high on the top of the drink itself with four cherries on top, probably too many to be picturesque but they were kids and they were in awe. There was chocolate drizzled across the top and all Jimin could do was stare. “Wow…” He whispered.

“It looks so good…” Namjoon whispered in return. His eyes were just as wide as Jimin’s, wanting to dig in almost immediately but he knew better. He wanted Jimin to have the first bite since he was the one who bought it.

“You should take the first bite.” Jimin mumbled, handing him a spoon. You could tell he was a bit hesitant but that didn’t matter. Just the fact that Jimin offered it to him first made him happy.

“Are you sure?” He asked, taking the spoon from him.

Jimin nodded his head, offering a smile. “Mhm! Tell me how it tastes too.”

“Okay.” Namjoon giggled a little as he toop some on the spoon. It was thick enough (like ice cream) for it to not fall off of the spoon. He made sure to get some whipped cream and chocolate on there too before he took the bite, his face lighting up and eyes shutting in a sugar-filled bliss. “Mmm~ this is really good, Min… you should try some too.” He said, quickly getting another scoop, offering it to Jimin.

“Ew no… that’s your spoon Joonie-ah. I don’t want your cooties.” His nose was scrunched up as he cringed, picking up his own cootie-free spoon.

The other found the idea of being cooties very ridiculous but he wasn’t going to argue because somewhere in his 9-year-old mind, he still saw reason in the fear of cooties.

The two of them shared the smoothie for far longer than you’d expect, both taking smaller bites the closer they got to the bottom of the glass because they didn’t want it to be gone so soon. Neither had enough money to buy it again today or even in a week from now. Jimin was on a strict weekly allowance and Namjoon was on a monthly one. Most times they would spend their allowances on each other, giving each other snacks at the end of the weeks and, usually around the holidays, they would save up the entire month together and then waste it all at the arcade. So they weren’t exactly sure when they would get another milkshake but now Namjoon was making it his mission to have a milkshake every month with his best friend.

Notes:

i apologise for this taking so long?
i lose track of time very easily ;;
plus- the concert ;;
omggggg THE CONCERT PERMISSION TO DANCE IN SEOUL WAS SO AMAZING!!!
i didn't go but i got to watch the online viewing ;;

it was amazing-
anyways, i hope you enjoy ^^
it's been a while since we had a little flashback :3

ah also, this is a bit of a short chapter i think? Idk ;;

Chapter 20

Summary:

coming out <3

Notes:

i am so sorry this took so long ;;
i started writing after i posted the last one but my anxiety started acting up which made me stop eating and woah-
big mess but i am gucci now

anyways i hope you enjoy ^^

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“It’s nice to see you two again.” An old but familiar and fragile voice said as she wiped her hands like she had when they were kids, drying them of whatever she was doing before. She wore a soft smile on her aged face and pulled a chair up to the young couple’s table.

Namjoon and Jimin had ordered their shake but were saving it till after they finished their food. They had been at the diner for about half an hour before she had recognized them after secretly watching from the kitchen.

“Mrs. Choi, it’s so nice to see you again.” Jimin greeted, setting down his silverware. Namjoon nodded his head, covering his mouth with his hand as he finished his bite.

“Ah, you haven’t been here in so many years. I figured you both moved abroad. I missed seeing you two share a shake. It brought a little life into this place seeing two kids together.” She chuckled as she reminisced in the past, eyes distant as she recalled the many memories of them coming into the diner, sharing whatever they ordered that day and scraping what they could together to pay for it all. She always adored the youthful glow of young love that surrounded them.

“No,” Jimin giggled a little. “We both moved not too far from here.”

“Why didn’t you show up more? You must have been too busy for someone like me, huh?” She chuckled again, not meaning any harm by her words like she had accepted that people wouldn’t stop their lives to add her into it. The boys had come there so often that they were like her grandchildren. She always gave them discounts on their meals and sent them home with leftovers if it was late into the day. They had a bond that was almost like family.

Namjoon was going to answer but Jimin beat him to it and he was curious what he was going to say.

“Well~” Jimin perked up a little in his seat as he rested his elbows on the table and rested his chin in his hand. “Namjoon-ah here, he created this whole company that creates eco-friendly technology. It’s fairly new but quite popular and so amazing truly.” He smiled wide as he glanced at Namjoon. “He’s so cool for finding ways to save the planet, you know? Better than a lot of the other companies.”

Namjoon chuckled behind his hand as he nodded his head. “He’s just glorifying it… it’s not as wonderful as it may seem.”

But the elderly woman was fascinated by every word that left Jimin’s mouth. “That really is amazing… I would buy something but I can barely work my phone.” She laughed, her face lighting up. “What about Jimin-ah? How has our mochi been?”

“Well.” Namjoon cut him off this time.

“He’s a popular dancer at this studio and has appeared in many videos with famous idols. Do you know Sunmi? He appeared in one of her new videos.” He explained, his smile widening. “He’s also been scouted by several companies… the next big idol, I’m sure of it.”

Jimin’s face turned red and at some point he had picked up his drink and started sipping it.

“Wah…” She seemed truly amazed by them both. “So, nothing else has changed between you two? Still… best friends?” She asked, wearing a mischievous smile as her eyes wandered to Namjoon’s ring.

He quickly hid his hand under the table, ears turning red as he cleared his throat.

“Hmmm…” Jimin was more sneaky with hiding his, slipping his hand into his lap so he could hide it better. He leaned forward, eyes narrowing slightly. “What are your views on same sex marriage?”

The atmosphere seemed to change from one that was light and joyous to one of hesitance. They said they weren’t going to tell anyone. Only one person aside from themselves knew and now they were teetering on the edge of telling her their little secret which is exactly why Jimin was asking such a random and controversial question. People were a lot more open about sexuality this day in age but it was usually the older generations who were less open minded.

“Same sex marriage?” She asked, her smile falling a little bit as she seemed to think. “A man and a man marrying?”

“Yes.” Namjoon answered, twisting the ring around his finger as he studied her face, waiting for something bad.

The tension was building to the point where Jimin felt like he couldn’t breath and his eyes were starting to water as if he were overwhelmed by the mere thought of being rejected for who he was but could you really blame him? He’d spent his life in denial around everyone aside from Namjoon and neither of them had come out to anyone at all so this was nerve wracking. But as the elderly woman shrugged her shoulders and the smile returned to her face, they both relaxed.

“I don’t mind… life is too short to hate someone for their preference.”

It was so reassuring to hear those words even. To be accepted immediately…

“So, did you two get married then?” She asked, glancing at either of them.

Jimin nodded his head but didn’t say anything as he tried to organise his thoughts so Namjoon took the reigns again.

 

“Yes we did. It’s been almost two months now.”

“Two months?” Her face lit up again as she clapped her hands. “Ah, that’s so sweet… I remember when my husband and I first got married. He would bring me flowers every day on his walk home. We had so many that our entire porch was covered in vases with plants…”

“That’s very cute.” Namjoon chuckled.

“Do you wanna know something?” She asked, gently resting her hand on Jimin’s arm to ease his feelings, glancing between the two. “I always knew that you two would end up together. I don’t know how but I knew it… the way Joon-ah would show up early even on the rainiest of days and he would always have whatever you needed. If you were cold, he’d give you his coat. If you wanted something extra, he’d bye it for you. He always gave you the extra sharing.”

Jimin’s ears were turning red again as he smiled softly, eyes disappearing.

“And you always smiled the brightest around him. I bet you didn’t notice that, did you? And you would always share your treats with him….” She pat his arm. “Always so cute… I wish I was invited to the wedding-”

“Ah, no one was invited… It was a private ceremony.” Jimin was quick to say, not wanting her to feel bad. “We didn’t want too many people to know.”

“I should get you a wedding gift- a lifetime supply of milkshakes for you to always share.” Her smile grew.

“No.. Mrs. Choi, that’s too much.” Namjoon shook his head.

“Fine, fine… at least let me at least give you this meal for free.”

“Now I can’t let you do that either.” He chuckled.

“Hmm.” She was silent for a moment as she thought, both of the boys oblivious to what this little woman could come up with for a gift.

“It’s really not necessary that you-” Jimin started but he was cut off by her.

“I’ll be back in one moment… okay? Don’t leave.” She wore a smile as she stood up, pushing the chair back into it’s place before she scampered off back to the kitchen.

“What do you think it’s going to be?” Jimin asked quickly, leaning forward.

“I don’t know.” Namjoon whispered in return.

“If it’s something big we can’t accept it.”

“If it’s something important to her though…”

“You should just decide if we accept it or not.” Jimin replied.

“Why me?”

“Because.” He whined a little. “I don’t want to disappoint her.”

“Okay shh…” He was quick to hush their conversation as he saw Mrs. Choi coming back with a bag.

She sat down in the chair again, gently placing the bag on the table once Jimin had moved their empty plates out of the way. “It was only you two on your wedding day, yes?”

“Yeah but we wanted it that way.” Jimin reminded before she just shook her head slightly.

“You should have had at least one person there.” She said, taking a silk white envelope out of the bag before she handed it to Namjoon. “It’s not much but you should accept it as your wedding gift.”

Namjoon gently held the envelope, thumb rubbing against the soft material. “Mrs. Choi….” He began but she hushed him again.

Her hands pulled the bag down again before setting it to the side, revealing a nice velvet bag which she opened as well, taking out a vintage black lacquer box with a humming bird carved on the lid and various flowers surrounding it. It was beautiful and had Jimin’s heart skipping a beat in anticipation, partially hoping she wasn’t about to gift it to them but also hoping they were.

“This is the important one.” She murmured. “My mother gave this to me when I got married and her mother gave it to her and while I realise you’re both men, I would love to pass this down to you. Even if we’re not blood related, you’re the closest things I’ve ever had to children.” She explained softly, running her frail fingers over the embedded shells that were laid out in such a captivating design before she opened it carefully, a soft tune beginning to play. The inside was just as vibrant as the colours on the outside with three small compartments, one covered with a lid that they presumed hid where the music came from. “It would mean a lot if you two would take care of this for me and pass it down to your future kids and then their grandkids. Keep it in your family as an heirloom.”

“I’m about to cry.” Jimin whispered, eyes teary again but out of happiness instead of fear.

“Ah no, you can’t cry.” She pat his arm as she smiled, laughing a little. “Just accept this for me, okay?”

He nodded his head as a pout formed on his face. Trying to hold back his tears he somewhat-sprung out of his chair and hugged her tightly. It was sudden but much needed and she returned it.

“Thank you.” He whispered, holding her tight.

Notes:

thank you so much for reading peoples!
i hope each and every one of you have a wonderful day/night/evening/sleeping times idk- but yeah <3

comment if you feel like it- i love reading them ;;

Chapter 21

Summary:

First real kiss

Notes:

I apologize this took so long! I started watching this new show and I couldn't stop binge watching it (aka I procrastinate a lot ㅜㅜ)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The first time they actually kissed was awkward. Very awkward… at least for Namjoon it was. Jimin had demanded that he bring all of his childhood photos over the house so they could sort through them- for what reason, he wasn’t sure but Namjoon brought them over anyways because he never disagreed with him.

He showed up at Jimin’s door with a small box full of childhood photos that he likely had never seen before and were probably taken by his grandmother- his parents never really saw the purpose in taking pictures so the only ones he had were from his grandparents or from the school pictures. There really wasn’t much but Jimin asked…

Namjoon raised his hand, knuckles hovering over the door and before he was even able to knock on it, Jimin was standing there with a giant smile, greedy hands lunging for the box in his arms rather than to greet him. “Hurry up! Shut the door behind you!” He shouted, quickly dashing to his own bedroom.

Namjoon sighed as he slipped his shoes off, leaving them off to the side of the doorway before shutting the door behind himself. He followed in Jimin’s footsteps, bowing his head politely to his mother before scampering off to his room.

In 17 years, he had only heard Jimin’s mother speak a handful of times and most of the time it was simply for scolding Jimin. It’s not like he hated her or anything but he never knew what to say to her… anymore. When he was younger she was like a second mother but things got… weird once Jimin and him got older.

“Joon!” Jimin shouted from his bed, leaning against the wall with the box of Namjoon’s photos in his lap and around him were his own scattered childhood photos.It wasn’t strange to see Jimin’s room in disarray but it was strange to see so many photos scattered about.

He carefully tiptoed around them before he found his place on the edge of the bed. He tried to lean over to gaze at the photo in his hand but Jimin was quick to turn it into his chest so he couldn’t see and after doing that for a few photos, he sighed, “So why did you need the photos?”

“Well~” Jimin giggled a little as he thumbed through Namjoon’s newborn pictures - the ones the hospital gave his parents because they refused to pay for a photographer and then the pictures from his doljanchi. Nothing too spectacular but Jimin flipped the photo to him with a giant smile. “You were a cute kid.”

“Thanks, I think?”

“Of course~’ He smiled more as he shuffled it behind the other photos in his hand. “Now! Do you know that cute trend where people remake their childhood photos? And they turn out all cute… usually with a parent or siblings?” He asked, his smile growing as his excitement grew.

“I think so?”

“Good. That’s what we’re trying to do! We’re going to find a photo of us when we were younger together and we’re going to recreate it.” The determination in his voice was almost as prominent as the look in his eyes as if he would push back all other plans until they found a photo together which was a bit worrying since Namjoon was pretty sure they didn’t have a photo together…

Jimin picked up two photo albums and set them on Namjoon’s lap. “Start looking please~”

“Why do you have so many photos?” Namjoon murmured as he cracked open one of the albums, eyes scanning over the smiling faces in the frames. “And you called me cute… have you seen this little cutie?” He chuckled softly as he turned the album to show Jimin who merely glanced quickly up at it before rolling his eyes. “You were cuter.” He argued.

“No way… look at those cute cheeks.”

“Mm… what about your adorable dimples?”

“How about your smile?”

“And this cute mickey mouse hat?” Jimin replied, smirking a little as he turned it to Namjoon.

“What about…” he laughed a little. “What about this cute little cow costume? Were you like 4?” He asked, looking over the photo with a fond smile.

“Ah, shush… okay. Okay. We were both cute.” Jimin huffed, kicking his feet slightly against the bed as he sat up straighter, looking through the photos quicker than before.

Namjoon thought that this was a bit ridiculous - looking for a photo they likely wouldn’t find in this mess just to recreate it. You would think that the two of them, having been friends for as long as they both could remember, would have more pictures together but Jimin never sat still long enough for a photo with someone and Namjoon always appeared awkward so his photos were typically thrown out. But that didn’t matter because, in his opinion, the closer you were to someone, the less photos there were together; as if the friendship between the two of them was strong enough and didn’t need any evidence.

For a few minutes it was completely quiet aside from the sound of photos being sifted through. Namjoon was just starting to become slightly bored, zoned out by mindlessly looking at pictures, searching for a picture they shared together, when Jimin gasped loudly, dropping almost all of the photos in his hand back into Namjoon’s box., quickly waving it in the air. “This is it! I knew you had it!”

“I had it?” He asked, slightly confused. With the lack of childhood photos it was a bit surprising for the shared photo to be in his box.

“Yes you did! I bet this is the only one we have so we have to remake it!” Jimin replied, giggling again as he leaned over all of the photos, not caring for the ones that were being crushed between him and the bed, just to show Namjoon the picture. “Here!’

Namjoon took the photo from him, eyes wide as he looked at the captured moment of Jimin accidentally kissing him when they were like 7 years old… “When did we even…-?”

“Do I have to remember everything for you?” Jimin asked as he stole the picture out of his hand. “You were distracted by something and I thought it would be funny.” He giggled again, running his finger over the picture. “C’mon, we can do this. We’re both almost adults and this is simply for recreating a photo.”

“No.” Namjoon shook his head. “I’m sure there we can find another one…” He whispered as he continued to thumb through them, being quicker than before so he could avoid having to be kissed by him… It was okay when they were younger because it was innocent, cute… things little kids did, but now, if they were to kiss now, it would make things awkward. Almost-adult-boys don’t kiss… even on the cheek.

“Aww come on, please? We have this one here so I think we should just use this one instead of wasting hours on finding another one.” Jimin’s voice was a little whiny as he held onto Namjoon’s arm with his one hand, a small pout on his face and eyes puppy-like.

“Min- guys don’t kiss.”

“Why not?”

“Because… it’s weird.”

“Well you’re already weird so it’s not like anything would change.” He giggled and the fact that Namjoon was being serious right now didn’t click to Jimin.

“It’s a different kind of weird. It’s abnormal.”

“Ah, you’re like a broken record…”

“What?”

“I could have sworn we’ve had this conversation before… you calling it weird, telling me we can’t kiss… it’s stupid especailly because your arguement is so weak.”

“I guess it is a little weak but still… it’s odd.”

“How is it odd? Girls that are friends kiss in those tv shows and movies… even dance with each other. We never do that though.” Jimin sighed, leaning back against the wall, letting go of his arm as he began to sulk. “All we do is… eat dinner together every friday and buy snacks for each other and have sleepovers often and celebrate our birthdays together and go to school together and a bunch of other things but-!” He looked up at him with teary eyes. Those classic teary eyes that Namjoon loathed seeing because ever since Jimin had learned to cry on command, he had lost a lot of discussions/arguments. “But,” another sad sigh as he blinked his eyes and the first tear falls. “We never kiss like they do in movies.”

“Boys don’t kiss, but…-”

“It’s a good thing we’re men then!” Jimin said quickly, tears gone as he sat up and nearly lunged at Namjoon. “Men can kiss. Men can kiss whoever the hell they want because they are men, and I’m a man and you’re a man.”

“So we should kiss.”

“For the photo of course.”

“For the photo.” Namjoon repeated, contemplating it for a moment as he held his breath, weighing the pros and cons of actually having Jimin’s lips against his. They hadn’t kissed since they were at least 13… 4 years ago.

Pros:
Jimin is happy
Won’t have to look through other photos
Can go home after this
Jimin is very happy
Cons:
Feelings
Kissing is… odd
Kissing a guys- that’s… abnormal

But in the end, his pros outweighed the cons. Seeing Jimin’s smile beat any conflicting feelings he had about kissing a dude because if Jimin was happy then he could be happy too.

His contemplations were too long for JImin though and he hit Namjoon’s chest with the photo several times. “Hello~! Earth to Joon!”

“Fine.” He half-grumbled but only to put up a fuss. At this point it wasn’t too bad… His mind was rationalising the kiss. We’ve kissed before, he reminded himself, even if it happened when we were younger, it still happened.

“Good! Now we have to find some clothes and-”

 

“Your clothes won’t fit me… we should just stay in these.”

“Ah, you’re not fun at all. It won’t be accurate if we don’t have the same clothes.”

“We should just recreate it in these clothes…. Changing is too much of a hassle.” He was mumbling under his breath as he began to put his photos away in the box.

“Fine… but next time we have to match clothes too." Jimin muttered in his one condition before he set his phone up on his dresser across from his bed, the video already recording so he could take a screenshot of the remake later since his phone didn't have a photo timer on his phone and he wasn't about to ask his mom to take a photo of him kissing Namjoon.

And before Namjoon had even known it, Jimin had gotten ice cream in his hand and already kissed his cheek for longer than a few cheeks. Feeling Jimin's lips pressed against his cheek and the smile that came after it is what made Namjoon realize what was going on and when Jimin didn't pull away after a few moments and instead kissed his lips, he didn't push him away. With a whirlwind of confusion swarming his mind, he kissed back.

It shocked Jimin to feel Namjoon actually kissed him back considering him kissing his lips was just a joke but he accepted it immediately. Still holding the ice cream in front of him like he had when they were kids, only this time they were kissing on the lips and this time, Namjoon wasn't pulling back to shove him off or anything. His heart raced quicker than it had before in his chest as he felt Namjoon deepen it. It was an electrifying feeling too… having his best friend kiss him like this… taking his first kiss. It made him nervous in a way but he was too stubborn to let anything but confidence show so he leaned into him more and with his other hand, gently grasped Namjoon's shirt.

Don't let this end, it was a fleeting thought that crossed both of their minds for a mere second before they were pulling apart from each other in fear as they heard a knock on the door.

"Boys?"

Namjoon's face had turned red which was surprising since he never became flustered, and Jimin quickly shoved the ice cream into his mouth to try and prove he was doing something else other than kissing him.

"Y-Yes, Mrs. Park?" Namjoon asks and his voice is shaking almost. Jimin isn't sure anyone else notices how shaken it is but he sure does and it both makes him terrified that his mother may have caught them and excited to see Namjoon squirm over a small kiss.

"I just wanted to ask if you were staying for dinner." She was cleaning her hands with a towel as her eyes glanced between the both of them, ignoring the destroyed room full of scattered photos and instead locking eyes with the two boys.

The tension was there… they had been caught. She never just randomly came into the room. She never asked if he was staying for dinner… but she must have had an inkling of the idea that her son had kissed him because the door was shut and they were too quiet.

"No ma'am… I think I should get going actually." Namjoon had found his voice somehow and was standing up from the bed, not caring about what photos he stepped on. He felt guilty for kissing Jimin.. "but Jimin kissed first", he would remind himself to ease the negative feelings stirring up inside. He didn't even take his box of photos with him, he simply slipped his shoes on by the door and shouted bye to Jimin before he walked home.

A little later that night Jimin had messaged him the video instead of a photo. He had sent him the entire kiss and Namjoon wasn't sure why he was reminding him of it.

The two of them had guessed that Jimin's mother had actually caught them kissing because after that, she stopped asking Namjoon to come to the house or allow him over. The time they spent together was nearly exclusively at Namjoon's house, the hidden gazebo or the small diner; they were the safe haven of two boys who were confused and felt like they only had each other.

Notes:

I hope you enjoyed reading!
I promise to update more!!! I have a lot of ideas for this story honestly so I dont think I'll stop soon ><
If you would like to see them do anything (like a certain date or moment, etc) please comment :)
I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions 💜💜

Chapter 22

Summary:

ahhhhhhh ... jimin wants to do things

Notes:

i hope you enjoy ^^

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“There’s only one day left…” Jimin mumbled, turning onto his side to face Namjoon who was preoccupied with whatever show was on tv but he acknowledged his words, glancing at him with an indifferent expression. He didn’t quite understand why it was so special that there was only one day left. After this they would still be married. After this, they would still see each other often. Not too much was going to change so why did it matter that this was the last day of their honeymoon.

Jimin was using his lover’s arm as a pillow, cheek pressed against it and eyes studying Namjoon in a new light. He was never one for moments like this; never one who stopped to enjoy things because he always wanted to keep going. There was so much to do in life but so little time and he wanted to do it all. He didn’t want to be held back so many times he found himself missing the best moments, but this… this was nice. It was nice to calm down and enjoy the moment.

But it was difficult. Sitting here with someone you love wasn’t difficult but knowing that you had little time to do things together before they had to go back to their normal lives and it was worrying him. What if this was all just the dreamy honeymoon phase that everyone talked about and after this, as soon as they left this apartment and went back to their normal lives before marriage, they pretended nothing happen, as if these two weeks never existed and the two of them continued to be… friends…

The idea of just being friends to Jimin was enough to make him shudder in a weird feeling of fear, like he couldn’t bear the thought of just being friends with Namjoon. Just friends… they were just friends for too long. Going back to that phase would probably break him… the thought of never being able to hold his hand again or hug him or even kiss him - the thought of all of the affection being gone made Jimin’s heart want to shrivel up.

This is going to end… Jimin let out a small sigh and it was enough to gain all of Namjoon’s attention. Enough to give him a concerned look. “What’s wrong?” He asked, his voice soft and comforting as he gently traced his fingers up and down Jimin’s back.

“Nothing.” Jimin replied, forcing his feelings down as he smiled. “I just don’t want this to end.” He wrapped his arms around Namjoon’s waist and squeezed him tight. “I don’t want to tell people yet and I don’t want to leave this apartment and I don’t want this sweet feeling to leave us just yet. We’re too young- our relationship is too young for the sweetness of our honeymoon to leave.”

Namjoon chuckled and god it was hot, cute, sexy, attractive- every damn word in the book. The way Namjoon chuckled before answering him whenever he was getting worried… the sound of his chuckle just told him that it would be okay. That Namjoon was about to spew comforting words that wouldn’t make very much sense to Jimin at the moment but god, he loved them.

“I wouldn’t worry too much, okay? Soon enough we’ll be living together… and it’s not like you’re telling people alone. You’ll have me right by your side… and our friends.” He added.

“I don’t know about you, but I have never told a single person I even had a crush on your or that I like guys. Not even our friends.”

“I haven’t either which is what will make this even better.” Namjoon assured, a small smirk coming to his face.

It’s not fair how soothing someone could be. How every thing that left his mouth was just right in that moment and nothing else needed to be said but even if he did keep going, it was perfect. How could someone be so comforting? His smile… that glint in his eyes, even the way he was barely caressing Jimin’s back was making him feel at ease. It made Jimin want to swear.

Jimin’s chin was perched on Namjoon’s chest still and he was squinting his eyes as he thought to himself, unable to believe the heavenly man in front of him. He was an atheist but if there ever were a godly creation it would be Namjoon.

“What?” He asked, raising an eyebrow and Jimin smiled. “Do you really want to know?”

Namjoon nodded his head.

“You make me want to swear.” He replied, his smile growing into one that was more mischievous. He sat up and quickly kissed Namjoon’s lips.

“Swear?” The other replied, confused by the quick kiss but almost laughing at how random his comment was.

“Yes.” Jimin nodded his head as he leaned against the headboard beside him, pulling his knees up to his chest with a giant smile. “You make me want to sin, Kim Namjoon.”

“Ah, is that so?” Namjoon smirked a little.

He nodded his head again, watching Namjoon closely as he sat up.

“What sin exactly?”

“All of them.” He chuckled. “But mainly lust and greed; I want to keep you all to myself.”

“Tell me more.” Namjoon’s voice was calm as he rested his head in his hand, eyes focused on his lover.

“I want to kiss you on your lips… your neck- many other places that I shouldn’t mention.” Jimin whispered, ears turning red as they usually did when he became embarrassed but he was trying to maintain his cool, trying to keep a level head as he thought of the things he want to do to Namjoon… what he wanted done.

“Aww, but how am I supposed to know where you want to kiss me?” He teased.

“Hey,” A small cute pout formed on his face as he gently hit his arm. “Don’t make me say it.”

“Say what?” He was definitely going to play dumb until Jimin gave in; he seemed to like to tease a bit.

“Joon-ah.” He whined, the red from his ears quickly spreading to his cheeks as he blushed hard. HIs mind was travelling south quickly.

“Jiminie~” Namjoon replied, his smirk growing as he reached over and tousled Jimin’s hair. “I know you can say it~”

“It’s embarrassing.” Jimin replied, eyes narrowing as he glared at him.

“But I want to hear it… tell me what you want to do. Anything you want to do, I’ll do it but you have to say it first.”

“I want to…” He whispered, trying to gather up all of his courage to say it but dear god this was killing him. HIs heart was hammering in his chest in anticipation and his face felt like it was burning just because of the damn man in front of him. He wanted to do many things. So many things that he had never tried before… only seen in adult videos that he saw online. The extent of his sexual experince was a few kisses with Namjoon and well… you know, getting off by himself.

It wasn’t something he was exactly proud of because at 28, he had never been touched by another and it made him feel even more embarrassed about it. So embarrassed he just wanted to curl up in a ball, face red, and wait… maybe? Okay, maybe he didn’t know what he wanted to do but he wanted to do it.

“I want to…” He repeated again and for the first time in several minutes, he looked away from his husband, eyes glancing towards the bathroom. “Take a shower! I want to take a shower. Yeah… that’s what I need right now. I need a nice shower.” He was nodding his head as he spoke and before he knew it, he was out of bed and laughing at himself as he made his way to the bathroom. A safe haven for the time being… somewhere far away from the awkward moment they just shared

Notes:

I'm sorry this took so long to post-
i got sick again ;;

anyways, i think we're working up to something ~.~
hehe
i hope you enjoyed! Thank you for reading!
If you liked this chapter be sure to comment and leave kudos ㅠㅠ
makes me very very happy seeing the notifications- <3

Chapter 23

Summary:

jimin is not very talented in the kitchen ;;

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Jimin woke up the next morning, groaning in annoyance as memories of the embarrassing night before flooded his brain. He balled his hand into a fist and gently hit his forehead a few times. "Stupid-" It was likely that he wouldn't forget about it and he'd keep beating himself up over it for a while.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he rolled over in bed, cheek pressed against the pillow that he held close to his head, eyes tightly shut. It took a moment before the thought that he wasn't alone and that he was sharing a bed with someone crossed his mind. Then he peeked open his eyes, a light pink hue coming to his cheeks as he grew more embarrassed. Namjoon was the victim of his foolish thoughts last night and there was no taking it back. "Stupid." He grumbled, hitting his head once again before he rolled out of bed, falling to the ground with the sheet still wrapped around himself. He was trying to hide but frankly, a white lump of cloth in the shape of a body on a hardwood floor wasn't exactly the best way to hide.

He peaked his head up above the blankets, eyeing his sleeping husband from the ground like a cat would eye a mouse, checking on him to make sure he was still sleeping. It was their last day of the honeymoon and the only things on his mind were embarrassing memories if the night before and plans on how to avoid him for the rest of the day.

Jimin crawled out of the bedroom, sheet trailing behind him like a cloak; he only stood once he was in the living room but it was only to sit on the couch and wallow in self pity or hide in the pillows - he wasn't sure which one yet, but after a few moments of simply sitting there alone in the nicely furnished living room, sun peaking in on him through the curtains. It was so quiet that it was almost maddening... no clock ticking or a coffee pot running or even the sounds of the city; he had to guess the owners probably had the apartment soundproofed, that or they were so high up that the city's madness couldn't be heard. Either way, it was too quiet for his liking. In his own apartment, he would have the TV playing whatever was on or maybe music going in the background so it didn't feel so lonely in his apartment. He could reach for the remote if he really wanted to, but once again, he was too involved in his thoughts to put the effort in.

"You make me want to sin, Kim Namjoon." His own voice replayed in his head, causing his stomach to churn and face to turn red again. He was quick to hide in the cushions this time, not wanting to think about it. "Why did I even say that? When have I ever called him by his full name? I'm not even religious - who cares if I sin." He muttered into the couch. The sheet was covering his head now and in his small blanket hiding place, he was hidden from the world. "Ah, why-" He whined this time, a pout coming to his face.

This wasn't a big deal, he tried to convince himself. Plenty of people made a fool out of themselves...

But it was a big deal. Jimin wasn't the type to get embarrassed easily. Being embarrassed was well, embarrassing.

Jimin cringed again, hiding his face in the cushions a second longer before he sprung up from the couch, eyes fierce as he looked off into the distance. "I'm not going to be like this. It's over. That embarrassment is gone so there's no need to be like this." He nodded his head confidently, the sheet dropping to the ground as he put his hands on his hips, no longer able to hold it. A quick spur of the moment decision changed his whole demeanor. He was simply going to ignore what happened and move on, hoping that Namjoon would go along with it once he woke up but in the meantime, "Breakfast!"

----

It was around noon by the time Jimin had prepared all of the ingredients to cook with but as he stood in front of the stove, pans ready and utensils on standby, he felt thoroughly unprepared. His regular diet of easily made ramyeon and takeout from restaurants was failing him when it came to actually cooking, and all those times his mother tried to show him how to cook whatever food it was, he had simply ignored whatever she was saying just to read comics or something; he was regretting those decisions now.

"Eggs... they should be easy to make." Everyone his age knew how to make eggs... at least boiled or scrambled. Nothing too complicated but looking at the fragile white thing in the container, it was intimidating at the moment. Worth a shot but intimidating.

Jimin gently picked up the egg, one eye starting to close from how disgusting the oddly cold feeling of it was before he started to search for a place to crack it on. Never in his life had he made eggs... he always bought them pre-made from the store or got some from his mom when she dropped them off. "We've got this..." he whispered under his breath, squeezing the egg a little too hard causing it to crack in his hand.

Any normal person would quickly throw it away or poor it in the pan and pick out the shell pieces but as we all know, Jimin isn't normal, so the poor guy gags at the feeling of the uncooked egg whites touching his skin before throwing it in the air, the egg plopping onto the marble counter as he frantically flings whatever touched his hand off. "Oh god..." He gagged again, the feeling too gross for him to handle. He continued to frantically fling his hand around, leaning back from it as he squinted his eyes, trying to keep it out. The thought of grabbing a napkin or even towel didn't even cross his mind.

After a few moments of him being thoroughly disgusted and a daring throw of a dish rag over the mess on the counter - not actually cleaning it up, just covering it - he decided that eggs weren't needed in breakfast. Who ate them anyways? The two of them could live without eggs...

Moving on, he grabbed the knife and a pepper, carefully holding the vegetable in his hand and the knife in his other before he attempted to cut into the round object, never realizing that he wouldn't need peppers in an omelet if he wasn't making eggs, but oh well. Back to cutting the pepper. It was going well, the slices were finely cut with little ragged parts and they were all even. Jimin was starting to feel confident in his culinary skills until he rubbed his eyes with the hand that was holding the pepper and after merely a second, he could feel a stinging sensation followed by his eyes watering uncontrollably.

Jimin's face pinched into one of discomfort as he continued to rub his eyes with his hands, not understanding that whatever pepper he had chosen was spicy and the fact that it was on his hands and stinging his eyes didn't occur to him. "Fuck." He muttered as he reached for the towel that was covering the egg before rubbing it across his face, trying to stop the stinging.

Slowly but surely this idea of being a wonderful husband and making breakfast was falling apart. With a mixture of raw eggs and spicy pepper essence on his face, he stumbled to the kitchen sink and leaned down, putting his head under the faucet before turning the water on and letting it just flow over his face. Not caring how ridiculous he looked, just as long as it was helping.

It felt like ten minutes went by before he stood up, entire face and hair wet along with most of his shirt soaked through. He'd admit it, he wasn't a chef and he wasn't even good at cooking but damn, he didn't think he was so bad that he couldn't even cut a freaking pepper-

Jimin took a deep breath in, eyes still closed as he whispered, "I give up. No breakfast. I can make coffee."

And after a couple of minutes, he had freshly brewed coffee waiting for Namjoon to wake up to. Jimin had sat at the small table by the window with a warm cup of it in his hands. It was 1 in the afternoon and he had failed for the day but this was good; this was a good breakfast.

Notes:

i don't even remember the last time i updated i'm so sorry guysssss
i wrote so many drafts for this chapter but none felt right at all so i just kept deleting them- ㅜㅜ

i hope that you enjoyed this...
i will admit- i cook exactly like jimin if not worse XD
anyways loves youuuu <3

please comment or leave kudos if you'd like- anything is appreciated and i love seeing it :(((

Chapter 24

Summary:

morning coffee and stuff ;;

Notes:

me: *desperately tries to add angst*
also me: no

I"M TRYING SO HARD TO ADD SOMETHING CAUSE IT'S VERY FLUFFY CURRENTLY AND WE ALL LOVE IT BUT LIKE AHHH
I FEEL LIKE IT'S MISSING ANGST AND I WANNA ADD SOME BUT AT THE SAME TIME I'VE MADE MINJOON HAVE THIS MENTALITY THAT SCREW THE WORLD CAUSE I HAVE YOU BUT I'M ALSO SCARED AND I DON'T KNOW

anyways enjoy <3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

When Namjoon finally woke up, Jimin was still at the small table by the window, staring quietly at the dark coffee that filled his mug, still dressed in his pajamas even though it was well past noon now. He was quiet as he walked out of the bedroom, making his way to the kitchen. The first thing he noticed was the broken egg that stood out on the counter and then the coffee. He poured himself a cup, he was holding back his amusement, knowing that there must be some funny story behind this mess. "So," he cleared his throat as he sat down on the chair across from his husband.

A smile came across Jimin's face as he was pulled out of whatever daydream haze he was in that held him back from realizing Namjoon was in the room. "So." He repeated. You could hear the giggles behind his voice; after an hour or so to relax, he realized how truly ridiculous him cooking was.

Namjoon smiled, it already wide across his face as he lifted his lukewarm cup to his lips to take a sip of the coffee.

Today was the first time Jimin had made him coffee and call him crazy, but he'd hoped to always remember this day. It was too sweet to forget.

"It's the last day," he continued.

"Mhm..."

"What did you plan?"

"I wanted to go to the gazebo for our last night but the more I think about it, the more I think we should stay here. At least for the last day... maybe go to a nice dinner. We haven't done that yet." Jimin replied, tilting his head as he furrowed his eyebrows, gazing off to the side as he recalled whatever. Maybe it was embarrassment but Namjoon was amused how today was the only day Jimin wasn't able to look him in the eye; it was cute.

"I can make reservations somewhere for dinner." He offered and Jimin nodded his head. "What about tomorrow?" He asked after that.

There was a silence that fell between them with that question, melting away the slightly teasing atmosphere between them; a quiet fear crept between them. Yes they loved each other. Yes they were married. But both were terrified that this wouldn't work in the real world. That once they started living together they would grow tired of each other. That Jimin would grow restless being home alone so often and Namjoon would grow close to someone at work that he spent more time with... that their relationship would grow dry and their friendship- relationship, would crumble like they had seen their parents' go through.

Namjoon at least saw both of his parents; his father on weekends and mother during the week if either of them weren't "conveniently" working on those days. He got to see his father sometimes but they were both crappy parents and as an only child, he grew up only having himself, and Jimin was kind of lucky as well compared to him, always having his mother there - overbearing but always there - and his father... well they weren't sure were he was. When he was younger occasionally he would receive a birthday card months after his birthday with only a couple thousand won in there but he hadn't physically seen his father since he was three but at least he had a parent there. Either way, they could both agree that their parent's were crappy and while they still loved them, they just feared that their marriage would end up like the disastrous representation of marriages they grew up seeing.

"Tomorrow." Jimin mumbled, puffing his cheeks out. "Tomorrow I think I will put in for my two weeks and maybe start packing my things up. Maybe sell some things- I know there is no way I'll be able to take everything." He giggled a little, stretching his arms out in front of him once he let go of the mug. He sat up a little straighter in his seat.

"I'll stop by to help as well." Namjoon offered. "I think we should get a place before we officially move out though so don't jump the gun just yet."

"Aww, you don't want me to come and move in to your apartment?" He pouted, teasing him. "Do you still have your batman figurines up or something?"

"Damn, how'd you guess?" He laughed, smiling a little.

"Now. In all seriousness... I think we should make a plan. We should figure out where we're going to live for one. I don't want to just, you know, live separately while married. And once we're settled in I think that's when we should tell everyone about the marriage..."

"Who should we ask first though?"

Jimin shrugged. "I'm not sure honestly. If we were good children, we would tell our parents but...-"

"But?"

"But, I think we should tell our friends. Maybe a nice dinner, somewhere fancy so they'll definitely know something is up and then just tell them."

"I don't think they'd even notice." He chuckled, "I think they'll be shocked."

"Maybe, but at least we know they can't disown us or something." Jimin laughed, his nerves coming through just a little. Maybe he was slightly terrified he was going to be disowned by his mother for this, and by slightly, he meant definitely. He was definitely terrified that would happen.

"That is true... they can't. But even if they did, it's okay because we still have each other."

A wide smile appeared his face, eyes closing as he cringed slightly. "I know you were trying to be sweet but that was cringey."

"At least you're smiling though~" Namjoon shared a smile with him, taking a sip of the coffee. Jimin may not have been good at cooking but he knew how to make some good coffee.

"Whatever." He shook his head slightly. "You're very weird."

"I'm not. You're the one who is weird... asking if I still have batman figurines when we both know that you still have your comic book collection from when you were from 5."

"So?" Jimin tilted his head up, eyebrows raised. "Those things are going to be worth so much money in the future. I'll be filthy rich."

"Mm..." Namjoon nodded his head slightly, amused. "I don't know anyone who wants to buy cheeto stained comic books-"

"Hey! I kept them in good condition."

"But, they are very used, right? So you likely won't get full price."

"Shh, shh." He put a finger up to his own lips, eyes closing. "Don't rain on my parade. I will be rich."

"Technically-"

"Ah, the technicalities." He sighed, putting his hand down as he opened his eyes, looking back at him.

"Technically you are rich by being married and even without being married, you have done pretty well on your own. A sought after faceless dancer who many companies want... I bet you could even become a model if you reall wanted."

"Hahaha-" He laughed dryly, holding his hand to his chest."You're killing me here."

"I'm being honest. You could totally be a model- rock some heels."

"Genuinely, killing me Joon-ah." he laughed again, patting his chest. Namjoon rolled his eyes this time, taking a final sip of his coffee.

"I'll be rich off of the comics. It's just the truth."

"Okay okay... you'll be rich off of the comics."

"Yes I will and when I do, I will prove you wrong."

"Okay." Namjoon laughed a little, smiling. "You're cute."

Jimin let out a sigh, eyes narrowing as he leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed over it. "You're annoying."

"Ah, but you love me right?"

"Maybe. But I'll never tell you."

"Damn, I could have sworn that in your vows you said you'd love me forever."

A bashful smile spread across his face before mumbled, "Maybe."

Notes:

realized that i write a lot when i'm anxious and that's good cause that means there will be a lot more updates <3

i don't know when i'm stopping this though ;;
maybe when they ahve kids-
but kids are so cute when they're fictional ㅜㅜ
and minjoon would make great parents
we could even have uncle bangtan there too so at this point i don't see me stopping ;;

anyways loves you guys <3

Chapter 25

Summary:

ahhh so many promises <3

Notes:

writing this at 6 am after no sleepings ;;

this chapter made me feel soft while writing but that could have also been me being delirious ㅜㅜ

anyways enjoy~ <3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"So... last day." Jimin mumbled, running his fingertips over the rim of the crystal glass full of wine.

Namjoon chuckled, "How many times are you going to remind me?" He shook his head gently. "I'd prefer that we pretended like things will be the same tomorrow."

"But things won't be the same... we'll be out of the infamous honeymoon phase-"

"Yeah but I don't think much will change. We have made it work before as friends. We saw each other almost every day before be married so this shouldn't be too hard." He took a small sip of wine before he set the glass down.

They were mid way through dinner, dressed in the nicest clothes they had packed which happened to be the same suits they got married in - Jimin was nervous wearing it to dinner but Namjoon reassured him that if anything were to happen to the clothing, he would pay to have it repaired. They both still had food on their plates, finding the "chef's choice" for tonight wasn't to their taste; the idea of ordering it that way was cute though... it reminded Jimin of the meal Gus and Hazel had in The Fault in Our Stars while in Amsterdam - the only difference was that they were having wine instead of champagne.

"That's true, but still. If you don't call me at least before you go to bed - I don't even care if I'm awake or not, leave a voice mail... we should call every night no matter what."

A delighted smile formed on Namjoon's face, "Okay. I promise that I will call you every night."

"And if you don't?"

"If I don't..." his voice trailed off for a moment as he thought before he finally answered, his smile growing. "You can sell one of my figurines."

Jimin's eyes widened and he gasped, hands moving quickly to cover his mouth and in the process, nearly spilling his drink. "Really? Are you serious? You'll really let me sell them?"

"If!" Namjoon leaned forward quickly, first finger pointing at Jimin. "And only if I forget to call." He established once more.

"Deal. And if I forget you can... um."

"Sell one of your beloved comic books."

"Bullshit. No way. You're not doing that. They're too valuable-" Jimin was quick to sit up in his seat, leaning forward now as well. The shock of Namjoon's deal was gone and his hands were planted on the table. "No."

"Just don't miss a phone call."

"Watch us both lose sleep over this - waiting on the other to call." Jimin sighed, defeated as he fell back in his chair.

"So... at 10 pm we'll call."

"Mm, okay. 10 pm it is."

"Promise?" Namjoon reached his hand out, gently tugging at the sleeve of his suit before he offered Jimin his pinky, holding it out halfway for Jimin to meet him.

"Of course." Jimin hooked his pinky with Namjoon's, leaning forward to kiss the back of his hand and once again almost spilling his wine. His husband laughed a little at his kiss and was quick to grab the glass with his other hand before it spilled on his suit.

"Ah, sit down now." He snickered again. "You're going to spill this on you."

"I thought you were supposed to be the clumsy one."

"You've almost spilled this on you four times from what I recall."

"Shh," Jimin held a finger up to his own lips. "You're crazy. I haven't spilled not one drop yet."

"But you almost have-"

"Mhm sure... I think you're just trying to keep all of the wine to yourself." He laughed, covering his mouth with his hand.

"I think you might be tipsy." Namjoon pointed out, pouring Jimin's glass of wine into his own.

"It takes a lot more than a few sips of-"

"Two glasses."

"More than two glasses of wine to get me tipsy, Joon-ah."

"Mhm, okay." Namjoon entertained that idea, taking a sip of the wine with a knowing smile. Jimin was likely going to fall asleep in his suit or get something on it and in the end, Joon would be out of some money but at least his husband would be happy and content with a nice suit; that's all that mattered.

He had lost himself in thought for a few minutes and Jimin had fallen quiet for longer than what was normal. The thing about Jimin is that he very easily found something new to talk about and even felt awkward when there was nothing to say so Jimin being quiet... that was usually when something was up.

He shifted his gaze from the table to Jimin, noticing how he was staring directly at him from his seat with a blank face but eyes full of wonder. "Hmm?" He hummed, raising an eyebrow towards Jimin who simply smiled at the small acknowledgement.

"Do you remember... graduation? Specifically the night of our high school graduation?" He mumbled.

"I think so. Why?"

"Okay." He giggled a little. A waiter came by and filled up Jimin's glass again and despite Namjoon trying to take the glass from him and spare him the possible mess, Jimin snatched the glass before he was able to get it, taking a not-so-elegant gulp.

"Okay." His cheeks were a little red and Namjoon wasn't sure if it was from the rush of alcohol or whatever Jimin was thinking about. Typically when Jimin started to get tipsy he became clingy or even sappy but this was a new side he guessed. Maybe it was a drunk side of him that only came out when he sipped fine wine or maybe it was stress? He wasn't sure but like most things Jimin did, he found it cute and amusing.

"Okay?" Namjoon repeated. "You're not going to tell me anything?"

"No, no. I am... just give me a moment." Jimin nodded his head, a charming smile spread across his face as he sipped more of his wine. "Okay. Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"You know how Mrs. Choi brought up all of those cute and loving things you would do for me when we were younger... buying the snacks, holding my hand, blah blah. Well, there's one thing that no one knows because I have never told anyone and I think it's just as special as holding hands and giving snacks." His smile grew and so did the pink hue on his cheeks.

"Do you know what this is?" he had set a white button on the table between them.

"A button?"

"Mhm... A button from our school uniforms. Now sit back as I recall a wonderful story." He chuckled and Namjoon did as he was told, sitting back in his seat.

"It was graduation day and my mom had us posing together and all that. And, do you remember that one girl - ah what was her name... Boram. Yeah, Boram. Do you remember her? And how she held her pretty flowers and picked off her second button to give to you?" Jimin asked, his voice turning a bit bitter towards the end but Namjoon could definitely tell that he was a bit more than tipsy.

"Yes, I do." Of course he would. It was the first time any girl had ever made the slightest move towards him and he was awkward about it... especially considering the fact that he was in love with his best friend and confused about his own complicated feelings about his sexuality and friendships and on top of those adolescent thoughts, what the hell even was love?? He was a confused boy who just graduated so like anyone in his position would do, he turned the girl down.

"Well, I saw that.. of course i did. She did it right in front of us, you know? My mom was so delighted but I almost broke the bouquet my mother had gotten me in half." He chuckled, smiling a bit more. He took a sip of his wine.

"So where is this sweet part coming in?" Namjoon asked, trying to move the story on so they wouldn't have to dwell in the past.

"Shh, shh. It's coming Joon-ah. Do you remember how after the ceremony and everything me and you went to dinner for the first time by ourselves? Well not for the first time but for the first time in nice clothes, as adults, in a decent place- do you remember?"

He nodded his head, humming slightly.

"That entire night I had planned to confess to you..." Jimin's smile grew a little. "I held that little white button in my hand the entire night, waiting to tell you but I just couldn't get the words out." He let out a soft sigh, eyes falling to the table. "The night ended and I felt so defeated that I couldn't give it to you but Boram could. Ah, I hated that bit-"

"Language." He interjected, but he was still listening intently.

"That horrible woman." Jimin said, raising his head again with a forced smile. "Very mean woman. Anyways, I held onto that button and brought it with me every time I saw you and every time I told myself, "I'll give it to him now. I'll say how I feel... I'll do it now." But I truly suck at feelings - like I'm the shittiest person at it. Either I come on too strong or become so intimidated and bashful that I can't get one word out which is truly annoying." He laughed a little, ears turning red as he ran his hands over his face, holding his head up in his hands in the end. "But then you went into the military... and you ignored me for a few months - wouldn't write back at all or anything. I almost even sent you the freaking button then." A small chuckle left his lips.

So far, all this was making Namjoon feel was kind of crappy for what he had put him through but at the same time, he didn't know Jimin had done anything like this. Part of him even felt like Jimin didn't care for him like that but apparently he had.

"But, I held onto it. It was almost unbearable that year you didn't message me or anything. I almost threw the button into Hangang River cause I was upset and had almost given up but I didn't! I stayed strong! And when you messaged me again," He took a sip of his wine, licking what was left off of his lips. "And asked me to hang out. I brought the button with every single time. And when you brought those papers on my birthday a month and a half ago, I brought the button that time. When I walked down the aisle, guess where the button was?"

"In your pocket?"

"Right in my pocket." He pat his chest pocket where a handkerchief would be. "Yep. I had it in my pocket. This little button." He tapped it once, smile wide still. "It's very special to me... it's been there for me when you weren't. But me saying that is wrong... because the only reason I kept it was because of the love I had for you. So technically, you are my lucky charm. And this little thing that I've been carrying around for... 10 years?" He laughed at how ridiculous that number sounded. They weren't old enough for graduation to be ten years in the past. They were still kids. "This little thing..." he mumbled a she picked up the plastic and rubbed his thumb over it.

His smile grew more somehow as he tilted his head up and handed it to him. "I know this isn't the most romantic thing in the world but I think it's time, Joonie-ah."

"Time for...?" Namjoon asked, sitting forward in his seat.

"Time for me to give this to you of course." He giggled, handing out the button to him, hand limp but arm extended proudly. "I, Park Jimin, like you, Kim Namjoon."

"Jimin, I-" He began but Jimin cut him off, shaking his head. "Don't give me any excuses. C'mon take the button Joonie-ah~"

Namjoon took the button, smiling softly. "You're adorable."

"So I've been told." Jimin replied, sitting back in his chair.

"I'm going to keep this thing forever you know?"

"Do you promise~?"

"Forever."

Notes:

hello again :3

i hope you enjoyed!
thank you for 65 kudos 🥹

bringing tears to my eyes peoples-

it means a lot

anyways, i hope each of you have a wonderful day/night/weekend/month/life wow everything wonderful yes <3

i love yousss

tell me what you thought in the comments if you'd like 💜

Chapter 26

Summary:

ahhhhhhahahah
~bath time~

Notes:

this is a longer chapter...?
it was going to be longer than what it is now but i didn't want to make you guys wait more since it's already been a few days >< anyways i hope you enjoy ^^

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Sitting in the bath half asleep with a glass of wine in Jimin's hand, fully knowing that he likely shouldn't drink anymore after his slightly tipsy dinner and walk home with Namjoon but this is simply for the aesthetic and the lingering taste. Red wine brings back happy memories that he enjoys looking back on.

The bubbles that he had first put in were now slowly dissipating and his skin was starting to prune from how long he had been in here. The entire time they were at this house, neither of them put any use to the big bathtub that was here so he figured it would be a waste to not use it at all and that's how he ended up taking a bath at midnight.

He would admit that part of him wanted Namjoon to join him so they could share that intimate moment in the tub that is always dramatized in television and novels - not that he's ever read or watched anything like that. He'll stick to his childish comic books and shows about criminals for now.

Jimin's head was tipped back against the tile, eyes closed with a peaceful smile spread across his face. The wine glass was on the edge of the tub, half filled with the bottle on the ground in front of it. Bubbles were trailed up to his collarbones and he was nearly dozing off if he was honest.

Today was fun. They didn't do much, only went to dinner, but that was exhausting enough for him to fall asleep in the tub. He was sure that Namjoon wouldn't leave him in here if he did fall asleep and even if he did spend the night in the tub, what's the worst thing that could happen? (Hypothermia, drowning, etc. but he wasn't thinking about that right now)

He gently hummed a tune as he peaked open his eyes, staring at his warped reflection in the metal of the faucet. From this angle his head was an odd shape and body not proportionate with his body and it was kind of funny looking.

When he was younger he was bullied a bit by classmates. They would call him a pig simply because he was a bit more chubby and he ate quicker than the rest and as they got older, they got more creative with their insults and tactics. It even happened in front of Joon a few times which were the most embarrassing because no matter how much his friend tried to comfort him, he still took the words to heart. That was before high school though. As soon as he made it into 9th grade, he worked on himself (probably too much) and ended up losing most of the weight and by the time they graduated he had the wonderful physique he has now. But just because his body was nice and muscular now doesn't mean he didn't still fear what other people thought about him...

But the best thing is he never cared what Namjoon thought about his looks because he knew Joon would always be his friend no matter what. It did sting a little.. those two years when he was in the military, countless letters sent with no reply. That stung but he was persistent, unable to give up on the relationship they had even if at the time it was only friendship.

But fast forward to now.. 28 years old. Newly married to the man of his dreams he was happy. Very happy.

Jimin giggled a little at thought of how happy he was, a small blush spread across his cheek as he smiled. "Ah, why does this happen so often?" He whispered to himself, gently placing the backs of his hands on his cheeks. He didn't have his ring on since he was scared of dropping it down the drain or something.

"Probably cause of joonie.." he mumbled after a moment. The thought of Namjoon.. their shared smiles, their laughing moments - it made Jimin flustered if he thought about it too long. This was a love he had never experienced. Something new that he held dear to him. Being loved was wonderful.

He giggled again before slipping his head under the water and reemerging. He wiped the water from his face and somewhat-blindly reached for the glass of wine. But that blind action wasn't the smartest on his end and the glass tipped the other way, fortunately, gently falling onto the towel Jimin has set down. Yes it did spill but at least it didn't shatter.

He leaned over the edge, half his body sticking out of the tub as he lifted the glass upright, and balled the towel up before tossing it to the side. Within only a few moments he was back to relaxing in the tub.

More cute thoughts rushed into his head that had him giggling again, hands coming to his face to cover the pink cheeks as he thought about the adorable dates they had gone on. How they had failed at riding a bike together, skin care.. cuddling, it was amazing. He had been on a few blind dates but it was nothing spectacular plus he wasn't too interested in whoever he was with.

"I should get out soon..." He mumbled once he had calmed down again. His skin was becoming wrinkly, telling him he needed to get out but he wanted to stay in the water just a bit longer.

Once his again his eyes were closing, cheek pressed against the side of the tub with his chin dipping into the water. It was nice in the water, relaxing... almost as comfortable as the bed.

There was a light knock on the door that he didn't hear, followed by the door opening and Namjoon walking in quietly. "Darling?" His voice was soft. "Do you need more wine?"

Jimin's eyes fluttered open and he sat up slightly, smiling wide. "Sure~"

Namjoon chuckled softly as he picked up the glass and sat on the edge of the tub. He carefully poured another glass, taking a sip of it first before giving it to him. "Be careful, don't spill."

He sat up in the tub, more bubbles forming the more he moved around in the water. He took the glass from him, taking a not-so-elegant gulp of the drink before licking his lips. "Delicious." He declared before downing the rest.

Namjoon chuckled again as he took the glass from him and poured another, this one for himself. "How's your bath?"

"It would be better if you were here with me." The words fell out of his mouth before he could process what he had just said. Normally his cheeks would turn red and they would have another embarrassing moment but he was a bit too drunk for his face to become even more red.

"Really?" Namjoon's voice teased.

Jimin nodded his head as he leaned against the tub again, arms draped over the side and chin rested on them. "Mhm~ There's plenty of room too~ Plus, it's not like we haven't bathed together before."

"We were kids then." He pointed out.

"And we're adults now. We should be adult enough to take a bath together." He retorted. Namjoon was at a loss of words and for a moment neither of them said anything, but Jimin was never good in the silence. "It's just a bath, Joonie-ah... we don't even have to touch each other, I'll sit all the way over here." He emphasized the word "all" as he went to the farthest corner of the big tub. There was certainly enough room for him in there. Enough room that if Joon were to sit in the other corner, neither of them would even touch feet but maybe he didn't want that.

Namjoon was quiet for another moment and just as Jimin was about to say something else, he gave in, "Okay. One condition though."

"Anything! What is it?"

He stood up and pulled his shirt off over his head, tossing it to the ground. "You can't stay all the way over there the entire time."

---

Jimin would admit that it sobered him up a little bit having Namjoon's body against his but his face didn't show any signs of not being flushed any time soon. He was sat between his husband's legs upon his request of not being apart in the bath. Namjoon's legs were right beside him, making it apparent how short Jimin's legs were compared to his. It was so weird... standing side by side they were pretty much the same height, at least Jimin thought that way but now that they were like this, he felt small. Very small compared to him.

They had bathed before when they were younger. Around 4 or 5 because they were mischievous kids who ended up dirty from playing in the mud or some other thing they weren't supposed to be doing and usually it was at Jimin's house since most hangouts were there to begin with but this was different. This wasn't little kids playing in the bath together... this was two people who had both the awkward and sexual tension of 10+ years under their belt. But Jimin figured that if Namjoon really didn't want to be in this position, he wouldn't have said yes or he at least wouldn't have made the condition of being close together so this was obviously not a naive bath. Or was it?

Jimin was so in his head, eyebrows furrowed together in thought. His body was anticipating whatever was going to happen but his mind was overthinking the fact that he was naked with his husband, which was totally okay, right? It was totally fine for his husband to see him naked... it wouldn't be the first time nor would it likely be the last. But like this, he felt vulnerable.

Namjoon gently cupped some water into each of his hands and let it fall down Jimin's arms carefully. "What are you thinking about?" His voice was soft and caring but low in his chest causing a stir of emotions in Jimin.

"I dunno..." He whispered, relaxing a bit when he felt the water trickle down his arms. He leaned back into Namjoon as the elder wrapped his arms around his waist and rested his head on his chin. It felt more intimate that they had been before.

"You should relax a little." He mumbled, gently kissing his shoulder.

Jimin's face heated up and the urge to cover it with his hands was strong but he stayed still, enjoying the feeling of his husband's lips against his skin. He took a deep breath in and slowly letting it, leaning back against him more than before. "I am." He whispered again.

Namjoon smiled softly, pausing his kisses for the moment as he gently squeezed him closer. "You know I love you, right?"

Blushing or maybe it was simply becoming flustered, that was something he was good at making Jimin do because right now he felt very shy again. He nodded his head anyways though.

"And you know that I would never hurt you?"

Another nod.

"Do you trust me?"

He nodded again but stopped when Joon chuckled. "Can you say it for me? I trust you?"

"I trust you..." Jimin mumbled, goosebumps breaking out over his skin as Namjoon took his one hand and threaded their fingers together, gently squeezing.

Namjoon smiled softly and gently kissed his shoulder again. "I trust you too. And all we're doing is taking a bath..." he assured.

Jimin nodded his head again and sunk into his chest. After a moment he had closed his eyes and accepted the fact that this was just a bath with his husband...

His burning cheeks had cooled down after several minutes, eyes closed as he simply laid there with him in the water that was starting to turn cold but their bodies were warm. Namjoon's arms were still wrapped around him and his nose was pressed into the soft muscle of his shoulder. It was comforting and that intense intimate feeling that had Jimin timid slowly dissipated between them into a more comfortable one they both welcomed.

But Jimin was still drunk, and now that he was feeling confident again...-

"What are you into?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know... do you have any fetishes or anything? Stuff that really gets you... going." His eyes opened slightly and he turned his head to look at him. "I'm sure there's something even if it's like tighty-whiteys."

"Pfft-" Namjoon laughed a little, gently squeezing his hand again. "That's funny, but how am I supposed to know what I'm into? This is the most intimate thing I've done with someone."

"You've never watched porn?"

Namjoon didn't answer.

"That's hard to believe- so hard! Oh my gosh," Jimin giggled. "You definitely did. I know you and I remember how quick you were to grab socks from under your bed cause they were "dirty"."

"They were-"

"Mhm." He giggled again, facing forward again as he crossed his legs in the water. "I don't believe that a 28 year old has never watched adult videos."

"Have you never watched the 40 year old virgin?"

"I have but I just don't believe you... no way. Not even once when you were young - hormones all crazy?"

Namjoon was quiet for a moment before he chuckled. "Maybe once or twice."

"I knew it!"

"But not enough for me to know if I have fetishes."

"Okay," Jimin exaggerated the word before he continued on. "Okay well... one of mine is that I like being complimented."

"Complimented? Like when I call you pretty?"

His ears turned pink slightly and he nodded his head. "Mhm~ it makes my stomach flutter."

He chuckled, "Okay... what else do you like then? You've clearly watched enough... adult videos to know what you like."

Jimin nudged his side. "Hey-"

"Shh, just answer the question." Another chuckle.

"I like when um," He wasn't sure what he liked exactly or at least how to put into words.

"Hmm?"

"I like when you kiss me." He smiled wide, giggling softly as he covered his face with his hands, feeling giddy. He curled his legs up to his chest, shifting in the water.

"I like when I kiss you too."

"Yeah but I like when you kiss my shoulders... it makes my heart want to explode."

"Is that a good thing?" He snickered.

"Yes it's a good thing... and, I like when you reprimand me." He whispered, words coming out in one solid, short breath.

Namjoon's smile turned into a smirk as he raised an eyebrow, squeezing his hand again. "What was that?"

"Nothing." He chuckled, sitting up slightly as he leaned over the tub and grabbed the wine bottle, taking a few swigs.

"Okay. I think you might be more naughty than I expected, doll."

Naughty and doll... two words he never expected to hear in a sentence that excited him this way. Was Jimin's heart fluttering or exploding right now? He wasn't sure so he just sipped some more wine from the bottle.

"Moving on! Do you like lingerie?"

"Wearing it or you wearing it?"

"Hmm... either one. What do you like?"

"Personally, I couldn't see myself wearing it but maybe, if you were up for it, I wouldn't mind seeing you in something." Namjoon gently squeezed his hand again and Jimin was slowly starting to realize what that meant in this situation at least.

"I'll keep that in mind." he smiled, taking one last sip of the bottle before he set it back down and leaned into Namjoon's warmth again.

"Have you ever worn lingerie before?"

Jimin's face heated up and he chuckled. "Once or twice."

"Really? I didn't think you would..."

"Ah, okay." He sat up again slightly. "Let's play a game, okay? Truth or dare?"

Notes:

soooo did you guys like it ;;
it's a bit more... hmm idk the word currently but yeah-

next chapter is truth or dare!
i hope you enjoyed :3
hearts for all of you <333333333333

Chapter 27

Summary:

almost 3000 words of fluff and a spicey scene...?
ah idk ;;

Notes:

ahhhhh
okay it's so hard for me to write...um, steamy scenes... cause i get so freaking SHY
LIKE YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND
i get embarrassed to easily -.-

anyways i hope you enjoyyyyy~
it ends with a promise 🥹
i got sappy towards the end i apologize

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"I'll go first." Jimin murmured. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Chicken." He giggled. "Have you ever been caught, you know, touching yourself and by who if you were?"

"Ah, cutting right into it."

"I'm sitting in a bath naked with my husband, I think asking the pure questions is in the past babe."

Namjoon's shoulders shook as he laughed softly. "Good point. I have never been caught by anyone. What about you?"

"That's not how this game works. The question is only asked once and you can't turn it back around on the other person."

"Oh, c'mon. Let's just play where both of us answer."

"Fine. My answer is yes I have. By an old roommate. I moved out the next week because I was too embarrassed. Next question!"

He chuckled, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Why did you answer so confidently?" Another chuckle followed by a moment or so of silence as he thought about what the dare should be before he smirked. "Moan."

Jimin's ears turned red again, upper body heating up. "Moan? What kind of dare is that."

"A good one... unless you don't take it." He leaned forward slightly, whispering in his ear. "Unless you're a chicken."

"I'm not a chicken." He covered his ear with his hand, blocking it from Namjoon.

They were quiet for a moment before Joon started to imitate a chicken. "Buk.. buk-"

"Shh!" He jabbed his elbow into his chest. "I'm trying my best."

"Okay." He chuckled again, falling quiet.

After another few moments of silence, Jimin finally pushed past the embarrassment of what he was about to do and fluttered his eyes shut as a soft moan left his parted lips. It only lasted a mere second but Namjoon was at a loss of words, it stirring something inside him. A second past and Jimin was flushed pink again and covering his face.

"Truth or dare?" He mumbled.

Namjoon replied, "Truth," figuring Jimin had forgotten the small agreement they had that they were to both do the truth or the dare.

"Joon-ah, are you only going to pick truths?"

"No, I promise."

"Okay," He smiled to himself, moving his hands from his face to settle on Namjoon's thighs this time. "Does size matter?"

Namjoon laughed harder than he probably should have, squeezing Jimin close to him again. "No it doesn't." He mumbled. "But I can see that even if I did, it wouldn't matter. You're packing~" He was teasing. He hadn't seen anything other than the higher parts of Jimin's thighs but he could imagine...

Jimin tightened his grip on his husband's thighs, narrowing his eyes. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"I mean..." He teased his fingers down Jimin's torso, inching their way to between his thighs and for a moment the younger's breath had caught in his throat, anticipating something he'd never admit.

His husband's long slender fingers felt hot against his skin. Jimin still clung to his thighs, nails biting into his skin slightly. They grew closer with Jimin growing impatient and squirmy. He could feel them tracing along his v-line - just a little further - but they stopped there.

Namjoon wore a little smirk as he leaned forward and whispered, "Truth or dare?"

"Fuck." Jimin hissed under his breath as he hesitantly relaxed, releasing Namjoon's thighs from his grip. "You're a jerk."

"I didn't think such a little touch would turn you on so much." He replied.

"Truth." He muttered, spite in his voice. He was turned on. He could feel his cock slightly stiff between his legs.

"Do you have any toys and if so, what's your favourite?"

Jimin didn't have to think long, "I have a few... and my favourite is the glass dildo I bought when I was 22. I've never used it before but it's pretty, has a pink heart at the base."

"I wasn't expecting that." He chuckled, moving his hands to Jimin's hips where he squeezed them slightly. "Dare."

"I dare you to touch me." He breathed the words out.

Namjoon snickered softly as he gently squeezed his hips again. "You sound desperate."

"I am."

He smiled as he nuzzled his nose into Jimin's neck. For a moment they just sat like that, Jimin's body heating up with every hot breath of his husband he could feel against his skin. His imagination was running wild, going through each sinful scenario he could think of. All while Namjoon was just sitting there, gathering up the courage to actually do anything.

Another second of silence and the embarrassment of what he had asked was setting in. Touch me, who dares someone to do that...

Namjoon gently kissed his neck then, gentle but hungry lips lips ravishing his skin. Jimin was desperate - he sucked his bottom lip into his mouth and tilted his head to the side slightly, leaning back into Namjoon more. Moments of teasing kisses later and Namjoon hand started to trail up his chest, shivers sending shivers down Jimin's back.

To be honest, neither of them knew what they were doing but it felt right when he started to tease his nipple with his fingers, gliding across Jimin's wet skin with his fingertips teasing his chest.

"Oh god." He moaned under his breath, Namjoon's hot tongue kissing his neck with his fingers finally touching his nipple after a few moments. He'd never been touched like this and to have Namjoon be the one to do this...- it was like his biggest fantasies coming true.

His eyes were shut peacefully, lips parted in pleasure. The heat in his body grew with each kiss until eventually he couldn't handle it anymore. "Please..." He whimpered.

It was such a lewd sound that it had Namjoon's cock twitching between his legs, hard against his husband's back. "What do you want, darling?"

Jimin hesitated in his answer, trying to form a coherent thought to actually answer him but it was difficult when your mind is only focused on where your husband's hands are and the feeling of him behind you... the fact that he couldn't see him, couldn't see what he was doing whether it be because his eyes were closed or that Namjoon was behind him, everything felt so much more sensual.

"Please touch me..." He swallowed hard, eyes fluttering open as he took his husband's free hand that was left on his hip and guided it between his legs. He gasped softly when he felt his hand finally touch his hard cock and that little touch had him gently rolling his hips forward.

"God, Joon- Please." Desperate. Namjoon was only teasing his cock. Continuously teasing like he was exploring him slowly or something but Jimin was impatient. Jimin wanted it now... he wanted to feel his husband's hand around him.

And his desperation was amusing to Namjoon, the elder wearing a smirk and even chuckling when he heard him beg. It was cute.

But you know what was even cuter? The moan of relief that left Jimin's lips as he finally wrapped his hand around the decent sized length of his cock. "You're so hard, all I did was touch your chest." he whispered in his ear before kissing behind it.

Jimin wanted to ask him to not talk. Wanted to cover his mouth with his hands and thrust his hips up into his hand to get some sort of relief but he didn't because he was secretly enjoying the little bit of dirty talk.

Namjoon began to stroke his cock, keeping his thumb pressed up against the head as he pulled back the foreskin, precum leaking out and making a mess in the water. "How did you get so hard baby? Hmm?" His voice was condescending, fully knowing why.

He let out a soft whine as his hand gripped Namjoon's wrist in a desperate attempt to move his hand but Namjoon was stronger than he expected. "Namjoon..." he tried to make his voice as stern as possible but it came out as another whine. He rolled his hips forward, pushing his cock further into Namjoon's hand.

Too desperate... it was cute. Namjoon didn't mind having his hand fucked needily because the soft whines that left Jimin's mouth mixing in with the moans, the splash of the water each time he moved his hips that hit against the sides of the tub and their wet skin, and even his aching cock that was nuzzled between himself and Jimin's ass... it was cute. Cute but hot.

Within minutes, Jimin was coming into Namjoon's hand, hips stuttering their once rhythmic pace and a strangled moan leaving his lips. His hand tightened around Namjoon's wrist and head tipped back, come pumping into the water.

Namjoon kept pumping his hand slowly until he was finished.

He smirked as he wrapped his arms around Jimin and pulled him back into his chest, "Do you feel better?"

Jimin's face was flushed, unable to answer him. Who asks something like that after he just... ah, so embarrassing.

"Are you okay? Was this okay?" He asked softly after that, letting go of Jimin as he didn't answer right away. He didn't want to have pushed it too far... after all, he did say this was just a bath.

Jimin panted softly, still leaning back against his husband. He had been a dancer for years... had good stamina, even when he touched himself he could come multiple times but maybe it was the fact that it was someone else.. maybe because it was Namjoon, that must be why he felt exhausted after something so small.

"Jimin?" His husband's voice was soft and gentle, fingertips grazing up and down his arm; a reassuring touch.

He sat up and with a little bit more splashing, he was facing Namjoon, face very red and breathing a bit more calm. "I'm okay..." He whispered, covering his face with his wet hand.

A mixture between feeling giddy, embarrassed and turned on stirred through him for a moment. "Can I kiss you?"

"Kiss me?" Namjoon was confused. Jimin had just pulled away... and was quiet... and the first thing he asked was could they kiss?

"Please don't make me ask again... I don't know if I can blush anymore today." He mumbled, moving closer to him.

"Shouldn't we get out first?" He asked. "We're soaking in come water."

Jimin's face pinched into one of disgust. When he put it that way, it just seemed truly gross. "Okay, but- I don't want this to be over with; I wanna do more with you, Joon-ah." He admitted, about to get out of the water before he realized he would have to get out of the water... which meant... showing Namjoon everything. No water and bubble shield to hide behind.

"You get out first." He pointed his chin to him, sinking into the water a little as he stayed on the other side of the tub.

"Why? Aren't we going to the same place?"

Blushing... ah. It's a curse being so embarrassed. "Just do it, please."

Namjoon shrugged before he got out of the bath tub, stepping out before he reached for a towel and wrapped it around himself the best he could with an erection. "Are you getting out now?" He asked, crossing his arms so confidently.

Jimin felt so small compared to him. It was probably because he was still sitting in the bath and he was standing over him. "Turn around."

Another stipulation that Namjoon agreed to without a second thought.

There was a moment of silence once he was turned around, him simply staring at himself in the mirror. From this angle he could still see Jimin in the bath, eyes taking in the ravishing sight of his husband. Another moment passed and there was the sound of water splashing again and the water draining.

As Jimin stepped out of the bath tub, Namjoon couldn't help but to stare through the mirror. He felt so in love in this moment. Such an odd moment too. He wanted to pick him up and tell him how beautiful he was, how he should be confident in front of him but he was pretty sure Jimin would hit him if he did right this second.

So clearly, he waited until he had a towel on.

"You look beautiful." Namjoon's voice was still confident but tender.

Jimin lifted his head, holding the towel at his waist as he glared at Namjoon. It took a second for him to figure out how in the hell his husband could see him right now before he realized there was a mirror there.

He let out a dramatic sigh, eyes shut for a second. "Ah, are you kidding me? You saw me?"

"I did." Namjoon turned around swiftly. "And I liked what I saw." He added, picking Jimin up from the ground, and despite the younger's protests, he had carried him out of the bathroom.

"Put me down- my butt is showing." Jimin's hand was pulling the towel as far down his thighs as he could but it was hard when it was stretched thin from having his legs wrapped around his husband's waist.

"Really?" He asked, "I didn't notice." He lightly patted his butt and Jimin yelped.

"What was that?" Jimin wiggled around, trying to get out of Namjoon's arms but he was sat down on the bed before he could.

"Huh? I don't know what you mean."

"You're more playful than usual..." He narrowed his eyes at his husband as he sat up in bed, covering himself with the towel.

A silence fell between the two of them, Jimin too embarrassed to break it like he usually would and Namjoon, trying to figure out what to say next.

"What more did you wanna do?" Namjoon sat down on the bed beside him and despite the one thing they had done in the bathroom, they now sat on the bed like awkward teenagers, unsure what to do next.

Jimin knew what he wanted to now. He wanted to makeout and help Namjoon like Namjoon had helped him but, ahaha. He felt nervous again.

"I wanted to help you." Jimin mumbled, fiddling with the bottom of his towel.

"You don't have to. We could cuddle." Namjoon offered with a small smile. "We could put on some warm pajamas-"

"We aren't even clean." Jimin laughed a little, putting his head in his hands. "We suck at taking a bath."

"I had fun."

He hit his arm playfully. "Hey-"

"I'm teasing... It was fun though. We should shower tomorrow morning and tonight we should just end it with cuddles."

"Are you sure that's okay?" Jimin asked, slightly glancing towards the less prominent bulge of towel between Namjoon's legs before he looked up at him. "I feel bad now."

"What?" Namjoon laughed softly, "You don't have to feel bad. I had a lot of fun in the bath and that's all that matters, right? We both enjoyed.. that, so in my eyes, I think that's a mission accomplished." He offered a warm smile before he got up from the bed and went to his bag on the floor. He could still feel Jimin watching, a sense of guilt almost surrounding him.

"By the way, you're beautiful." He winked at him as he pulled a shirt over his head.

And that was enough for Jimin's guilt - if there was any - to be pushed away and for him to go diving under the blankets to hide. "Don't say that, Joon-ah."

"What? I can't call my husband beautiful? I've never thought you were so beautiful as much as I did the past two weeks."

He tossed one of his shirts and some boxers to Jimin and the younger took it reluctantly. In an awkward fashion, he got dressed under the blankets and threw his towel into the corner of the room before hiding himself further under the blankets.

Namjoon's heart felt like it could explode at the cute image of his husband laying in bed, only his blonde hair sticking out of the covers. It was cute... everything he did was cute.

"From seeing you in such a gorgeous suit as you walked down the aisle towards me," He murmured as he got in bed with him and found his way to his husband through the blanket maze. He wrapped his arms around him and Jimin accepted it, wrapping his arms around his waist. The blankets were over their heads and they were alone in this small confined space. "To kissing you in the pool, holding you in the tub... and embracing you like this, I'd say you're the most beautiful being I've ever encountered."

Jimin didn't know what it was. Maybe the tenderness of his voice, the way he sounded truthful, or maybe it was the fact that he'd never been held in such a caring way before and told such sweet things, his heart swole in his chest and he started to tear up slightly. "You're just saying that to be nice." he mumbled, nuzzling his nose into Namjoon's bare chest.

"Hmm. I could be but I promise, I'm not." He whispered, gently kissing his husband's damp hair.

"You really promise?" Jimin pulled back slightly to look him in the eyes and Namjoon nodded his head with a smile, "Of course."

Notes:

okay!
i hope you peoples enjoyed :((
thank you so much for 2100 reads
it means so much and makes me very happy ^^
i love seeing your comments and kudos and just everything-
it encourages me to keep writing so thank you <3333

also what are your thoughts on the new songs O>O
personally, yet to come has me crying ;;
i love the message, the best is yet to come
let's certainly hope the same for this story :3

anyways i loves you alll <333
i hope you enjoyed reading and that you have a wonderful day/night!

Chapter 28

Summary:

early mornings

Notes:

<3333333

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Jimin woke up before Namjoon, staying quiet as he leaned against him, arms and legs intertwined under the blankets. He was still completely hidden under it with hair peeking out. He rested his chin on his husband's chest, watching his peaceful face as he slept, gently tracing his finger over Namjoon's bare chest.

It was funny to him almost; at the beginning of this, when they had gotten into the pool, Namjoon was hesitant to take off his shirt and they were even nervous to change in front of each other but now...

Jimin smiled.

Now, he was wearing Namjoon's clothes and he was shirtless. He was happy to notice the progress, how comfortable they had grown together after only two weeks.

The younger slipped his arms around his husband's waist and squeezed him tight, snuggling closer to him. He hoped that some day in the near future, every day could start like this; waking up holding on to the love of his life with sleepy snuggles. Ah, it sounded like a dream. They would have to find a house quickly or Jimin may become a permanent resident in Namjoon's apartment just to sleep beside him at night.

He curled in closer to him, side-straddling his one leg as he tightened his hold on him. "Joon-ah~" He whispered quietly. "Joonie-ah~" Another whisper and Namjoon wasn't budging or at least he didn't seem like it.

A small pout formed on Jimin's face as he poked his husband's cheek. "You used to always wake up before me... why aren't you awake now? Ah, what am I to do? The sun is up, we're wasting valuable time, only a few hours until we have to go home by ourselves." He mumbled, resting hs hand on his shoulder.

He stayed quiet for a moment, thinking about how it would work out. How they would work out... He was sure it would go well. They had been friends too long, secretly in love with each other for far too long for this to just dissipate once they were actually together. That wouldn't happen, would it? It couldn't.

"I don't want to tell my mom." He sighed, pressing his cheek against Namjoon's chest. "She's gonna be angry at me for getting married." Another sigh and he squeezed Namjoon a little.

"I wonder if our friends know we're gay... I thought I hid it pretty well. But you definitely beat me in acting straight." He chuckled a little, lifting his head to look at him again. "You should wake up now." He poked his cheek again. "I don't want to talk by myself anymore."

Silence. Namjoon wasn't waking up and it made Jimin slightly annoyed. Why did he have to still be sleeping?

Another moment and a few more pokes to Namjoon's cheek later and Jimin was laying flat on top of his husband, straddling his waist as he held himself up with his arms. "Joon-ah!" He shouted once but all Namjoon did was shift his head and tighten his eyes shut.

"C'mon," He whined, jumping slightly to get him awake and when that failed he simply fell onto him, head settled on his shoulder. "I need you to wake up... I'm bored and I don't feel like making a mess of breakfast again." He mumbled.

A few seconds... still quiet.

He was about to get up again and jump on the bed but just as he sat up, Namjoon pulled him closer. "You're like a needy puppy." He mumbled, voice raspy from sleeping so long.

"Finally. It took you so long to wake up... no one ever sleeps so deeply." Jimin plopped a kiss on his chin before he wiggled out of his arms and got up. "We need to get our things and go."

Namjoon grunted slightly, covering his eyes with his arm. "What time is it?"

"Wake up time." Jimin was now standing at the end of the bed, gathering their clothes. He had pulled at the blankets, uncovering more of Namjoon's bare skin to the cool room. "Please. I want to get lunch or something before we have to completely part ways."

"Who said we're parting ways?" He asked, propping himself up on his arms as he finally looked at him. "I don't want to let go of you yet."

"What's your plan then?" He stuffed some of their clothes into his bag. At this point, he knew he was going to end up with some of Namjoon's clothes at his apartment. Sorting them was too much of a hassle.

He stood up after a second of Namjoon just watching him, gasping in a dramatic fashion. "Are you going to kidnap me?"

"Is that so bad?" He replied without hesitating at all. He didn't even have to think about what to say.

"Yes, it is. I have a job to get to tomorrow. I need to put in my two weeks and then I'll be all yours."

"Ah, why~? I'd prefer to just stay in bed with you for forever." Namjoon sighed, plopping down on the bed again.

"Joonie-ah!" Jimin huffed upon seeing him pull the blanket over his head. He pulled at the end of it, trying to tug it off of him. "I wanna go to lunch. We need to-"

"We need to shower. Remember the water yes-"

Jimin threw the blanket over his head, ears turning red. "Shh... stay in bed as long as you want." He mumbled before grabbing clothes and scampering off to the bathroom to take a shower.

Notes:

this was going to be a double update but, ah... the bts taking a break announcement hit me hard;;

so i give you this little bit of happiness that is a filler <3

i hope that you enjoyed reading even if it was a small bit today ><

<3333333

Chapter 29

Summary:

a flashback~
minjoon playing together :3

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"One... two..." Jimin's voice started to trail off, getting quieter so Namjoon wouldn't hear him. His small hands covered his eyes that peeked through his fingers. He was determined to win this game even if it meant cheating, besides, Namjoon had the advantage- he was a few inches taller and could hide wherever he wanted. Jimin, on the other hand, had the disadvantage of being unable to hide in darker places because he became scared too easily, plus he didn't have the cool sneakers that Joon did so cheating by peeking through his fingers made sense. "Three four five!" He quickly went through the next three numbers, barely even covering his eyes this time. He was still facing the tree at the park and he could see Namjoon's orange shirt flash by a couple times like he didn't know where to hide. "Six, seven... eight! Ready or not here I come!" He shouted, hands uncovering the little bit of his sight he had covered before.

Jimin pulled back from the tree, looking around the park they were in. There weren't many hiding place available. The playground equipment was pretty open and bright coloured so Namjoon would easily stand out and after a quick search through it with Jimin stumbling up the stairs to reach the highest point, he declared that his friend wasn't there. And with the few trees that surrounded the park, scarce and young, he doubted he was there.

There was no way a little namjoon would climb a tree. Correction: there was no way Jimin was climbing a tree to catch his friend.

He sneakily walked around the trees, keeping his head up to try and see him, straining his eyes to try and get a glimpse of his orange shirt. It would be easier with his glasses but his mother strictly forbid him from playing with them on since the last time he did, he broke them and his family couldn't exactly afford to spend $400 every week just because their son fell in the dirt, so he was stuck with blurry vision when he played which didn't really matter to him because Joon always stayed close. And now that he thought about it, standing at the roots of the tallest tree here, he was regretting his decision of hide and seek over tag.

"Joon-ah!" He cupped his hands over his mouth to try and make his vocie louder.

He heard a soft giggle in the direction of the playground equipment and he smirked. "Joonie~!" He shouted again, quickly running back to the stairs. Maybe he didn't look well enough, maybe Joon was a super ninja at hiding. That seemed very likely; he was always super smart and knew all the answers and everyone knew ninjas were smart-

He climbed up the stairs, looking through the little gaps of the floor for his orange shirt. "Joonie..." he mumbled, tilting his head.

Standing at the top of the structure, he could see the rest of the playground. The swings, the seesaw... everything. But no Joonie.

"Definitely a ninja." He whispered to himself, sitting at the top of the yellow slide, his feet out before him, ready to go down until Namjoon popped up in giggles. "Boo!"

A smile broke out across Jimin's face as he saw his friend, sitting up in the middle of the slide. He should have checked there... smart ninja though. Very smart ninja.

"You're so cool." Jimin sighed.

"How am I cool?" Namjoon asked, pushing up his glasses as he climbed up the slide to sit beside his friend.

"You're a ninja."

"Who told you that?" He laughed, pulling his knees up to his chest. "I'm clumsy."

"How did you hide so easily?" Jimin whined. "You are definitely a ninja... too smart not to be."

"I got stuck going down the slide and then you were coming so I just laid down." He shrugged his shoulders, watching his friend's feet as he hit the tips of his shoes together reptitively.

"Really?"

Namjoon nodded his head. "Mhm. I'm not good at hiding. You're way better at it." He giggled, exaggerating the word "way" to make him feel better.

"I am pretty good at hiding." Jimin said with a wide smile, wiggle his toes in his shoes. He felt prideful knowing that he was the better hider or at least that Namjoon thought he was good at hiding.

He stood up suddenly then, barely able to see over the hood of the slide but he still looked out across the playground with a youthful delight in his eyes. "Do you hear that?" He cupped his hand to his ear, closing his eyes as he listened.

"Hear what?" Joon asked, joining his friend as he stood up. "What is it?"

"It's waves, Joonie-ah." Jimin whispered, opening his eyes as he carefully walked across the metal floor. "Right out there." He pointed to the trees and Namjoon could see it. Wide, blue waves spread out across the world before them. Where the ground used to be, there was no water and the equipment they were settled on was now a massive pirate ship.

"Woah..." The elder whispered to himself, eyes wide in amazement. "What do we do captain? There's another ship coming." He pointed out, directing his friend's hand to point in the direction of the rebel ship.

"Why we have to fight!" Jimin said, jumping slightly as he walked to where the bars went up to make sure no one could fall. He took off one of the swords that were there and tossed it to his friend. "Load the cannons! Hoist the sails!" He had no clue what either of those things meant since the only thing he knew about pirates was the book they had read in class and he had only paid attention to barely half of that, but that was what the captian in that book said - hoist the sails, load the cannons - so clearly they were important captain things.

Namjoon caught the sword with a laugh, nodding his head curtly. "Aye aye captain!" He shouted and ran to the opposite end of the equipment, the ground below him was solid oak of a ship now. He hoisted the sails by carefully hanging onto the edge of the fire pole and reached his hand out, figuring they'd probably be a bit far out there before he loaded the cannons which was simply collecting acorns and pebbles that were "below deck".

"Joonie-ah!" Jimin shouted and his friend came up there immediately, his shirt now fashioned into a makeshift bowl filled with the "cannons". "They're getting closer." He pretended to look through a telescope which was just his hands balled into fists but open enough to look through. "We need to fire!"

Namjoon nodded his head yet again as he held the end of his shirt with one hand and used the other to grab his collection of cannonballs. Jimin did the same, grabbing some of them before throwing them overboard towards the trees. "Fire!" He'd shout randomly even though at this point the game was more to see who could throw the things farther.

"We're out of balls captain. Should I get more?"

Jimin waited a moment as he looked through his "telescope" again before he shook his head. "We've won the battle! They're retreating- cowards!" He shouted, leaning over the edge as he punched at the air with a confident smirk.

"Woohoo!" Namjoon cheered, letting go of the end of his shirt as he dusted off the dirt. "We did it!"

"We should celebrate!"

"Yes!"

"Let's get ice cream!"

"Ice cream!" Namjoon shouted before he tilted his head. "Do you have any money?"

Jimin pursed his lips as he dug his small hand into his pocket, pulling out a couple dollars. "Is this enough?"

"Woah... you're rich."

"Nuh-uh." He shook his head, smiling wide as he showed his friend his missing teeth. "The tooth fairy came and I got a lot of moneys."

"Woah..." It still fascinated Namjoon. The tooth fairy never came to his house. His mom just told him to throw away the teeth he lost so he did, but he had heard of that tooth fairy so he was happy that at least she came to Jimin's house and gave him money.

"Let's go get ice cream!"

"Aye aye, captain." Joon smiled, grabbing his friend's hand as he lead him down the slide with him, the two of them colliding together but they didn't care very much.

The two of them walked to the small diner together where Mrs. Choi greeted them and they got a milkshake to share together instead of ice cream. They only went home once the sun went down, Namjoon walking Jimin home before he scurried away to his own house before his parents got home.

Notes:

i felt like we needed a flashback-
we haven't had one in a while ;;

thank you for all of your comments and stuff-
i loved reading them last chapter
did you guys see hobi flirting with the boys in the comments on insta XD
he's so cute ah;;

anyways i hope you enjoyed <3
thank you for all of the support :(((

Chapter 30

Summary:

simply a filler ;;

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"We didn't have to come all the way out here, you know." Jimin mumbled, a soft smile on his face. This was one of his favourite places that he couldn't come to often since it was quite a bit away from his apartment and work.

It was a small sea-side tent in Incheon with only a few burners in back for the owner to cook the food on and a couple tents. It wasn't anything big but man, did they make good food. Jimin's favourite was the tteokibokki.

He used to come here often when he was younger with his mom to visit his grandparents but once he got a bit older they stopped coming. Joon had came with him a couple of times for a weekend so he didn't think that he would remember it but clearly he did if he brought him here today.

Namjoon smiled fondly, "Do you remember the first time I came here with you? We were like nine."

Jimin nodded his head the memories coming back to him. "Of course... this is a sweet last day."

"It's the day after the last day but yes, it is nice." He let out a little chuckle.

They had already ordered and were just waiting for their food but honestly, neither of them cared if it came quickly. The sooner their food was at the table, the sooner they'd have to go home alone... Neither of them wanted that.

"Anyways, do you remember when we stayed on the beach the entire night and woke up with sunburns?" He laughed, his shoulders shaking slightly.

Of course he'd remember that. His mom had asked them to run to the store real quick for something for dinner but the two of them had stayed out on the beach the entire night to see the stars and even after they heard his mom call for them, they refused to come in and hid. It was fun and adventurous... the peak of their teenage rebllions though. They were good children usually.

Jimin nodded his head, laughing a little. "Yeah. I also remember how badly my mom yelled at me for that. It wasn't even that she was worried sick, she just wanted me home with the groceries."

"Did we ever even go to the store?" Namjoon chuckled.

"We did, we did." He nodded again. "Not for the groceries though. We got ice cream and some other snacks."

"I was surprised that your grandma didn't get angry at us too..."

"Ah she never did. I was like her son. She loved me too much to raise her voice at me... she adored you too, you know? Every time I came here without you, she always asked, "oh where's Namjoonie-ah? Where's that tall boy?" All of the time. It made me jealous back then but the more I think about it now, the more cute it was."

"She would ask for me?" Namjoon asked, a soft smile on his face. He didn't think that she liked him and it melted his heart a bit since she was the closest thing to a grandmother he had. "That's so sweet... we should see if she's still down here. Maybe visit her or something."

Jimin let out a nervous chuckle. "I don't know about that. She might freak out when she sees the rings. You know how dramatic she can be."

"Well she hasn't seen you in a long time right? We could stop by just for a moment and say hi. If something goes bad, we could leave." He suggested, trying not to make his husband uncomfortable but if they were going to announce to the world that they were together, he thought it would be smart to tell the people closest to them and even if they hadn't seen each other in a while, his grandmother would probably be hurt if she found out from someone else. So this wsa kind of damage control in a way.

"I don't know, Joon." He ran a hand through his hair as he sat up a little more in his seat. He felt uneasy about the idea of facing her... He wasn't sure why they had stopped going to see his grandmother but it was around the same time his mom caught Namjoon and him kissing in his room so it would be easy to draw a line connecting the two. And it was highly likely his grandmother had older views on the world, older views about two guys being together let alone married. He feared his grandparents' reaction about as much as he feared his mother's reaction to the news.

Every part of him was saying that it wouldn't go as well as it did with Mrs. Choi simply because she was more like a friend to them. She wasn't actually related to them so even if she did react badly, it wouldn't sting as horribly as his family rejecting him because of it. Maybe Namjoon didn't understand that part either. Maybe because he rarely had his parents around, he didn't fear what they thought, but Jimin did. Jimin was terrified of displeasing his mother by simply being married or loving someone...

But then again it was wrong for him to think that way about Joon. He had his own reasons for taking his parents' thoughts and comments with a grain of salt and Jimin knew all of them. Their familial backgrounds were quite different.

Namjoon reached his hand out, gently placing his over Jimin's before giving it a comforting squeeze. "We don't have to. I just think we should attempt it before telling more people. Who knows, maybe your grandparents will be as supportive as Mrs. Choi."

It would be worth a shot... worst case scenario they wouldn't accept him which was just as likely to happen if they were to announce it more openly before telling them. At least saying it face to face would hurt them less. So maybe that was the better option.

"We should go - just to tell them. After we eat though, I'm starving." Jimin chuckled before he picked up his can of soda and took a sip.

"Yes, of course. Food first and then we can tackle the grandparent task."

"Maybe we could bring her some food too. She always liked this place. We could pick up some rice wine too. I'm sure she would love it."

"We could pick it up down the street, I'm sure the small store on the corner is still open. This place hasn't changed much."

Namjoon was right. This place hadn't changed much which meant that the people who lived there (Jimin's grandmother included) hadn't changed much. Their thoughts on homosexuality were up in the air and it left Jimin fearful but whatever, he was going to face her. Mrs. Choi was accepting and she was just as old as his grandmother...

Notes:

ah this wasn't very long and i'm sorry i haven't updated in a bit ;;
i planned on writing more and even updating sooner but no no ㅜㅜ
i have a severe sunburn (cause i am very very pale) so i apologize if updates are a bit slower for the time being :(((

thank you guys for all of the love and support ^^
also did you guys see tae at the fashion show O>O
AND HOBI'S CONCEPT PHOTOS??? WHAT??? AHHH
they will surely be the death of me<3

anyways, loves you <3333

Chapter 31

Summary:

grandmotherrsssss

Notes:

double update i guess?
i wasn't expecting to write so easily but here it is <3
i hope you enjoy :3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Jimin stood in front of the car door, the driver still inside and Joon standing beside him with rice wine in hand. He was too nervous to hold the bottles, his hands shaking with anxiety. He had never experienced something like this; he had never felt so much dread coming back to a place that used to be so fond.

But Joon was there with his gallant smile. He would hold his hand if he could but he was scared that his grandmother would jump to conclusions before they even stepped foot inside.

 

"Are we...-" Namjoon stopped himself, paused for a moment before rephrasing, "Let's go in." That seemed a lot more confident and he needed to be confident for Jimin who seemed like he was losing control.

The younger nodded his head slightly, a small smile on his face but it faded as soon as Namjoon took the first step. Was he really doing this? Was he going to face her? It's not even that he was scared of her rejecting him. He was scared of this ruining their entire relationship and all of those memories they shared together would be soiled by him- that's what he was scared of. He was scared of ruining this relationship but even with all of that dread, his feet carried him onto the property, past the rickety gate that was up and past the old water pump.

They knew as soon as they heard her familiar off-key singing voice from inside that she was there. In a happy mood, Namjoon assumed but Jimin was too focused on the lyrics... "Where, even in the middle of winter days, flowers bloom"

It was an older song his grandmother used to sing... one about love. One that had Jimin wanting to turn around towards the car again but those lyrics. It felt like they were standing in the middle of winter happily and uneasily alone together but between them a flower bloomed. They were in a lonely winter day, time moving so slow but so quickly at the same time and somehow, despite the conditions, the flower bloomed... that was going to happen. Their love was going to bloom and thrive and nothing, not even the cold or a homophobic world around them was going to separate them.

Namjoon was nearly at the door already when Jimin gathered up the courage and marched over, knocking with a new-found confidence. He was sure his grandmother wouldn't disown him and he was sure his grandmother wouldn't completely denounce him just for who he loved. No elderly woman who sang Arirang in the middle of a spring day would deny love, especially one that was undeniable as theirs.

Thoughts of taking off his ring to hide the fact that he was married, thoughts of elaborate lies that conjured up on the spot, thoughts of running back to the car... all of them were gone with those lyrics. They were going to bloom.

"Grandma?" His voice wasn't as confident but that didn't matter, he was facing her.

The elderly woman slid open the wooden door with a soft smile. Her skin was wrinkled but soft, barely able to see her eyes but the light there was apparent. She was happy to see her family again; happy to see her grandson. "Mimi?" Her voice was frail but as she pulled him into a tight hug, he could feel how full of life she was.

He smiled back, hugging her tightly but gently at the same time before pulling away. "We brought you takju. I remember seeing a few bottles around here when I was a kid... and, do you remember Namjoon?"

She squinted her eyes at him, looking up and down his tall stature before she laughed to herself. "Ah yes... the troublemaker... he snuck you out of the house all of the time."

Jimin laughed nervously, nodding his head. That wasn't exactly the case. If anything, he was the troublemaker of the two. "Yes... yeah."

"You two must have driven a long way, right? All the way from Seoul just to visit me... ah." She let out a little sigh and Jimin felt a bit guilty for not having visited her sooner. "Come in, please. I'll make you two a nice dinner." She nodded her head to her own words as she walked into her own house, allowing the two to come in behind her. Namjoon shut the door quietly once everyone was inside.

"You don't have to." He murmured on his way in but neither of them were going to turn down one of her meals.

"What have you two been up to? I haven't seen you in so long. So many years... you've grown up so much. You can put the rice wine on the counter Joonie. Thank you." She pat his shoulder as they made it to the kitchen, shuffling her feet across the floor before opening the fridge. "Hmm... I don't know if I have enough. Maybe the market..."

"It's okay, grandma. You don't need to make us dinner, we had something before coming here. Be sure to eat though." Jimin coaxed her to the kitchen table, sitting her down in a chair before sitting in the one across from her, Namjoon joining shortly after.

"I'll have to come into the city at least once to bring you something then. A delicious meal with all your favourites... you can show me around. Do you still dance, Mimi? I remember when you would trot around the house, flipping, soaring through the air so gracefully; even as a child you were so talented." She began to ramble on and on about how wonderful he was, how proud she was to have him as her grandson and nearly every ounce of fear Jimin had was washed away.

"Grandma... I have something to tell you." He waited a few moments after her ramble before saying anything but the weird thing is, it was like she was expecting what was to come. Like she had known for years and was waiting...

"Go ahead, Mimi."

"Joon... Joon and I, um." He was struggling now. His confidence felt like it was slipping and for a moment he glanced at Namjoon, almost begging him to say it first but no, he had to do this himself. "We-" He was playing with the ring on his hand until his grandmother reached across the table and set her soft hand over his.

"I know, Mimi." She let out a youthful laugh before squeezing his hand.

"Hmm?" That wasn't what he was expecting. She knew? Knew what?

"It was obvious when you were younger, honey. You would sneak out all of the time... wouldn't come back for hours on end and your mother called me several times about you two." Another soft laugh as she pointed a playfully accusing finger towards the two of them. "Always kissing apparently... she was always close-minded though."

Jimin held his hands, unable to play with his ring anymore as he just stared at her in shock. His ears were red and Namjoon wanted to laugh but now wasn't the right time-

"It was only a few times, Mrs. Park..." Namjoon assured with a soft laugh.

"On the cheek! We only kissed on the cheek-" He cleared up, his hands coming up to try and diffuse the ultimately embarrassing situation. 28 years old but knowing that his grandmother knew they had kissed before... that was embarrassing.

"Ah, I'm not so naive, Mimi. At your age, I was already married with two children." She laughed again and leaned back in her chair. A fond smile was spread across her face as she eyed the two of them. "You two always made a cute couple though."

"We were only friends back then." Jimin cleared up yet again, though he wasn't sure why he was clarifying anything. "We... just got married. A couple weeks ago."

"You're the second person to know." Namjoon added, sharing a fond smile with her. He was happy this was going so well.

"Ah, I wish you would have told me earlier. I would have gone to the wedding and given you a beautiful gift... I think I have-"

"No no, it's okay. Please don't give us anything." Jimin quickly shook his head, sitting up slightly.

"We didn't have anyone there aside for the ordainer, so please don't feel too bad. We were hesitant to tell anyone..." His husband murmured from across the table.

"Nonsense, i have to give you something, Mimi. You're my only grandchild... who else am I supposed to give it to? It isn't very much but, oh, where did I put it?" She had gotten up out of her seat and shuffled away to the other room, her voice barely loud enough to be heard.

Jimin's face was red and he held his head in hand, trying to figure out how he was supposed to accept this gift. He already had a hard time accepting Mrs. Choi's gift and now this... this was hard.

"I'll accept it if you want, so you don't have to. I don't want you to be uncomfortable." Namjoon whispered to him, gently taking his hand from his head before taking his hand carefully.

"I'll be fine." He replied, squeezing his hand in return. "I love you..."

Namjoon's smile grew and he slipped their hands under the table, balancing them on his thigh as his grandmother came back into the room with something covered in a black cloth.

"Okay... I found it. I haven't used these since my wedding." She laughed again, setting the object down on the table before she unfolded the material, inside was a silver set of utensils engraved beautifully with a floral design and coloured in with what had to be seashells. You could tell they were old just by the design. "Your grandfather and I ate with these exact things. Of course, they were washed since then but only a few times. Hyuk wanted to use them more often but no, I couldn't do that. They were too nice." She murmured, her frail hands gently tracing over the end of a longer spoon.

She never really mentioned her late husband around anyone. He had died before Jimin was born so he never knew him but just from the look in her eyes, he could tell that she missed him. That giving them this wedding gift was something that meant a lot to her - there was no way he could turn it down even if he wanted to.

"Mrs. Park..." Namjoon began, already feeling like this gift was unacceptable - it meant too much to her.

"Please, Joon dear, call me grandma now." She scolded lightly as she wrapped up the utensils in the cloth again. "I don't have anything else to put this in so I apologize."

"Grandma, we can't accept this..."

"Shh, you would have received this in my will either way so please just accept it now. It's less grim this way." She squeezed his one hand that was still on the table before sliding the gift across the table once she sat down.

"Okay... but only because you were so persistent." Jimin whispered, slipping his hand out of Namjoon's from under the table to make sure they were secure in there.

"Good. Now, tell me about the wedding. Show me your rings..." She picked up Jimin's hand and pulled it across the table, close enough to her face so she could see without her glasses. She let out a soft hum, "It's so pretty. Better than anything I could have imagined for you Mimi." She whispered before letting go of his hand and holding out her other for Namjoon's. "You too young man. I need to see both." It was just an excuse to check out the rings, it was necessary to see both but she was adorable and so Namjoon held his hand out to her.

She lightly clicked her tongue. "They're perfect. Did you pick them out together?"

"Well... yes and no. We were there together but we didn't see them till, yeah." Jimin mumbled, watching his grandmother's hands nervously.

She had accepted him and this went so well. Too well. Which left him waiting for the bad news- things didn't go well.

"Your grandfather and I, our rings were from two generations before us. It should still be in my jewelry box but I'm not sure." She mumbled, holding her hands as she glanced at her ring finger. "I don't wear it anymore because I don't want to lose it and it's difficult now that he's gone... but, you two should never take them off. I don't care what you're doing, okay? Always keep them on... they're important." She nodded her head with a soft smile. "Always wear your ring and don't make anyone force you to take them off."

"Marriage is difficult... you face many hardships. You both will have to sacrifice and give and it's hard but, love is wonderful. It's the purest thing on earth that can't be broken, don't let anyone make you doubt each other." She murmured, "A little tip, whenever you fight, no matter when it is, hug each other. It's difficult to be angry at someone when you're hugging them, especially when you're in love."

"Thank you grandma..." Jimin whispered, offering her a small smile. His heart was melting at her words, never expecting it to go so well.

Notes:

i hope you guys enjoyed ^^
this chapter is a bit longer but not too much...
thank you for all of the love and everything ><
it means a lot

angst is coming i hope? it's a bit difficult for me to write angsty stuff when it's been so fluffy thus far ;;
i don't want to ruin it-

Chapter 32

Summary:

bickering and dreading

Notes:

hello peoples
i hope you enjoy :3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"I wish you could stay at least for the day..." Jimin's grandma's sweet voice held a hint of sadness and Jimin did feel guilty. He wasn't sure why they stopped coming to see her or talk to her on the phone or even seeing her for the holidays, and now he was leaving after a few hours. Don't get him wrong, in that short amount of time she had conned Joon into cleaning the places she couldn't reach like her lights and the tops of the cabinets, and Joon being the simping man he is, he couldn't help but immediately agree, dutifully cleaning every square inch of it. And then there was her making food... despite their protests, they were leaving with full stomachs. She had a charm to her that was clearly passed down to Jimin; a bit pushy but too adorable to turn down.

"I promise, we'll come back soon, okay? Before the months ends, we'll be back again. I'll even bring you a bunch of gifts from Seoul." Jimin promised, kissing his grandmother's cheek as he hugged her before stepping back.

She had a small smile on her face but he could tell that she genuinely didn't want him to leave. As if seeing him after so long was harder than not seeing him at all. "Okay. I will try and come out there sometime... I just need to find someone to drive me." She chuckled, gently putting her hands on her hips as she looked out the road where the driver to take Namjoon and Jimin sat. "The bus never stops here anymore, ah... it's so tiring. We're still here. We still want to go places. We need people to take us there 'cause we're too old to make it by ourselves and we never..."

If there was one thing Jimin remembered about his grandma, it was how much she liked to complain about the world had changed around her. The problem was never that she was older though. It was always the changes of the world over time, not the fact that she was aging and it was times like this that made him want to laugh.

"Okay grandma." He pat her shoulder, hugging her once more before he stepped down the few steps to the house. "We'll be leaving now~" He called, both for his grandma to know and for Namjoon to follow because the man was like a gentle giant who would likely stay there the entire day waiting for the woman to dismiss him - at times he had too much respect for others and tread too lightly...

"Goodbye, Mrs. Park." Namjoon bowed his head before joining Jimin. His grandmother called after the elder with a soft chuckle, "I told you, call me grandma!"

As they walked to the car, Jimin laughed a little and waved goodbye before getting in with his husband and once the doors were shut he let out a sigh or relief.

"That went way better than I ever would have expected."

"I told you it would go well." Namjoon chuckled, gently taking Jimin's hand into his again. "She has always been very nice to you."

"When I was 4 she gave me wasabi and told me it was a piece of ice cream-"

"That's pretty funny actually." He laughed.

"Okay... maybe a little funny... I don't know why we stopped coming to see her. She's the only family member my mom let us talk to..." Jimin mumbled, his eyebrows furrowing together.

He was puzzled. They were always close. His mother and grandmother always got along just fine. Every time they saw each other, they always sat and talked for hours and helped each other out. It didn't make sense why they would just stop suddenly. And it's not like his grandmother could have done anything to upset her, her life consisted of working and taking care of herself, unbothered and content with the life she had. She didn't do anything so why...

"Why didn't we come to see her?"

"What?"

"I don't understand why we stopped coming to see her. It makes me a little sad. We have to come back and see her, okay? Even if it's only for an hour. She's too old to come out to Seoul and I don't want to put her through that... Plus where would she stay?" Jimin was thinking, or rather, over-thinking. He was over-thinking his relationship and future meetings with his grandmother. "I have to start packing my apartment the next few weeks, you are too, I think. We will be moving. I don't even have an extra bed for her to stay in... I could let her sleep in mine and I take the couch. What if she got hurt on the ride out here though? I wouldn't be able to handle that... I'd feel so guilty. And she would have to stay with me longer, I know my mom wouldn't help... I'd have to take care of her. I don't know how to-"

"Jimin-" Namjoon cut in for a brief moment but his husband kept rambling.

"I don't even know what older people eat. What do they eat? Soft foods, right? Do they like sweeter things?" he gasped suddenly, "Should we have given her rice wine? What if she gets hurt- we should turn around."

"Darling." He was amused. His voice full of fondness as he watched his husband ramble. When they were younger, everyone thought that Jimin was a bit rude because of how abruptly he would jump from one thing to the next and cut people off when answering questions but that was the exact opposite of him. He was caring and just a bit impatient. He had a lot of things to say and little time to say them which is why he would talk quickly or cut people off and while that would be annoying to most, Namjoon was whipped. Fully whipped for the younger and it was times like these when he felt like simply holding him close.

Jimin didn't stop talking for a few minutes but once he realized Namjoon was staring at him, he stopped and looked at him, lightly tilting his head. "What did you say..."

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing really. You are cute when you ramble though. You care a lot and it's..." He nodded his head, trying not to call him cute again. "Yeah. I love you."

"Hey hey now!" He sat up suddenly, pulling his hand back with a finger pointed accusingly. "I thought we agreed on like like love."

Joon snorted, a wide smile spread across his face. "No. You agreed on that and you broke that agreement back at the table. Whispering "i love you" in front of your grandmother-"

"Our grandmother."

"Our grandmother... what if she heard you say that?"

"I literally just came out to her and told her we're married and you're worried about me saying I love you in front of her?" He laughed, relaxing back into the seat after a moment. "Don't tell me you're the one getting embarrassed now... over I love you, ah, so cute." He reached over and pinched Namjoon's cheek, pulling his hand back before Namjoon caught it with a challenging eyebrow arched.

"Let's get one thing straight. You're the cute one." His tone of voice had shifted to one more serious and even the look in his eyes reflected that. The switch in his personality and almost demanding words sent a shiver down Jimin's back but him being him, he couldn't help but reply, "Good thing I'm gay then." He laughed a little and that too broke Namjoon who couldn't keep his "straight" demeanor.

"That was a cringey joke, Jimin." He shook his head again and let go of Jimin's hand.

"No, what's cringey is you calling me cute all of the time. I'm telling you right now, you're the cuter one. Dimples, beautiful smile-"

"Short..." Namjoon murmured his own attribution to reasons why Jimin was cute.

"Hey!" He gently hit his chest, glaring. "That's not fair."

"It is. It's fair game. You used dimples, I use height."

"That's- That's absolutely ridiculous! Height is a matter of something you can't control, you can control how cute you are!"

And Namjoon would agree but, ahahah... the thing is, when Jimin got angry, all Namjoon could picture was a little hamster or baby chick trying to be scary and that thought was just too funny for him to take it seriously.

"What if I wasn't talking about height?" He asked, genuinely just teasing him even as he quickly glanced down to his highs.

Jimin's face had turned red and he crossed his legs, looking up at the driver who was simply minding his own business before he attacked Joon, hitting his chest several times. "Joon-ah!"

"It's so funny seeing your squirm." He chuckled to himself. "You get flustered easily too... I'd call it cute but-"

"No." He whined. "I'm not cute, Joon-ah."

"You're right. Not cute... but adorable."

"Not adorable either."

"Beautiful."

"No."

"Gorgeous."

"Incorrect." Jimin mumbled, arms crossed over his chest as he stared at the back of the driver's seat. He wasn't angry but at the same time, he wasn't going to let him get away with complimenting him which seemed ridiculous but... ah, he wasn't even sure what he was doing but this was fun and it was nice to be complimented so much.

"Handsome."

He shook his head.

"Lovely. Pretty. Stunning. Attractive. Captivating. Charming. Wondrous. Alluring. Tantalizing. Ravishing. Enchanting. Shall I go on?"

"No- You can stop now." His face was hot and he was sure he was as red as a tomato from the compliments, but he was keeping his "strong" stature, arms crossed and eyes focused on the back of the seat. Namjoon thought he was all of these things and it had him melting but he was stubborn and there was no way he was going to let him know how much he liked compliments.

---

The car pulled up to Jimin's apartment, stopping right on the street and for the first time since he was in the car he felt dread. He was dreading going back home. Dreading the questions that were to come from his mother for being gone for two weeks with no notice. Dreading being alone in an apartment. He had been with his husband for two weeks. Two weeks had gone by and he hadn't spent a second alone, not even in the bath, and now he was returning home to be alone for who knew how long. It was an indefinite amount of time.

Well, not really. They still had their weekly date planned and now a daily call. Plus he would always have his ring on... that was their vow to always be together, so he technically wouldn't be alone but it wasn't the same. Not having the physical person he was in love with there with him was going to be difficult and he didn't want to think about it.

A moment passed and he just stared out the window, looking up at his apartment building from where he sat. He wasn't moving. Everyone in the car was patient too, waiting for him to get out - or at least the driver was. Namjoon on the other hand was amused like he usually was by most things Jimin did.

Another moment and the driver contemplates turning off the car for a moment but that thought is short lived as Jimin lets out a sigh that has him flinching in his seat slightly.

"I can't go in. Just one more day..." Jimin murmurs, looking down at his hands where he fiddles with his wedding ring before directing his gaze to Joon. He was dreading it.

"Okay." Namjoon smiled, putting his hand over his husband's before he lifted it and kiss right over the ring. "You can come over... just one day, right?"

Jimin nodded his head slightly. "One day."

"Promise?" Namjoon let go of Jimin's hand and held out his pinky and Jimin gave it a bashful look. "Hmm?"

"No... I can't promise that." He chuckled before he leaned into Namjoon's shoulder, the seatbelt temporarily choking him as he hugged the elder. "I'm scared I'm going to miss you too much."

"One day won't hurt anything."

"One week."

"Another week... that should be fine."

"We need to find a place quickly. I want to move in with you."

Namjoon's heart swelled and his smile grew impossibly more. Jimin wanted to move in with him. It seemed like a belated step in their relationship considering they're married already but hey he would take it. Nothing about their relationship was traditional aside for their friendship and even that had it's moments.

"You can take us to my apartment now, thank you." He directed his voice to the driver who nodded curtly and pulled out of the parking space.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to stay over?"

"Who are you going to upset? Rapmon? My plants?" He asked with a soft chuckle. "I live alone... no one stops by. You might meet a surprised Yoongi but that's about it."

"Yoongi stops by?"

"Sometimes. When his love life gets rough or he becomes stressed he comes in and takes a mini-vacation for a few days... I don't mind since I'm rarely there."

"Ah..." Jimin nodded his head, sitting up in his seat. He couldn't hug him any longer due to the fact that the seat belt was seriously cutting into his neck but at least he could still hold his hand. "He never comes over here... I think the only one who does is Tete and that isn't very often. I would invite you over but-"

"But?"

"I don't know why I don't invite you over- your place is so nice compared to mine. I feel like mine is... eclectic. Chaos. Unorganized but I know where everything is, you know? Meanwhile, yours looks so well kept."

"Ah, you're so cute. Were you trying to impress me?"

Jimin let the compliment slip, answering his question instead. "No. I wasn't trying to impress you-" Yes he was. He was very much so trying to impress him. That's why on the days he went to see Namjoon, he always made sure his outfit was matching well and he put on lip gloss and if you knew anything about Park Jimin, you knew that he was not one to spruce himself up for anyone. Namjoon happened to be the exception of his life though.

"Oh really? Why don't we turn around and we stay at your place instead?"

"Rapmon! Rapmon is there - he needs you. He misses you. Your plants miss you, I'm sure of it."

"Yoongi's been taking care of them for me." He didn't miss a beat with his reply.

"Well... well," Jimin glanced around the car, looking for another excuse before he pointed to the gps which showed their route. "We're almost to your apartment. Much closer to yours than mine so there's no reason to turn around now."

"Touche Park Jimin."

"Kim Jimin." He corrected.

"Park Namjoon?" Joon asked.

"We didn't think about last names did we..."

"I don't remember." He laughed softly, squeezing his hand where they rest between the two of them.

"I think we decided on yours, right? Kim Jimin... it fits. Plus, I won't be part of the Park family for long after my mom finds out." He joked even though possibly being disowned got to him. It was a joke too soon to make but he laughed anyways - it was a weird coping mechanism.

"Ah, I've known you... 26 years and I've never heard you tell such a crappy joke."

"We both know I'm not the one with the funny bone. You've always been funnier." He shrugged.

"That's true but aish, that was..." Joon shook his head, internally cringing while also trying to move past it so Jimin didn't have to think about the less-happy things right now.

"Hey! Aren't you supposed to love every one of my crappy jokes now that you're my husband? I thought that was part of the contract."

"I could of sworn I didn't see that agreement in the clauses." Joon teased earning a light jab to the ribs from Jimin.

"You're so-"

"Quick-witted."

"Yes, sadly." Jimin let out an exaggerated sigh before the two of them laughed together.

Notes:

ah okay peoples always put sunscreen on please ;;
the sun is not my friend ㅜㅜ

also ah, i've been divided... i dunno if jimin's mom should accept the relationship or not so please comment if you have any idea which way this should go ;;
i could write either but i can'd decide

i hope you have a good day/night :3

au revoir <3

Chapter 33

Summary:

Yoongles

Notes:

this chapter is a bit longer than the rest (i think the longest so far) but next chapter is even longer ;;

i hope you enjoy though <3
btw i did try to reply to everyone's comments ㅜㅜ
i'm sorry if i missed yours but thank you for all of the support!!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Namjoon's apartment building was much more classier than Jimin's. We're talking eons better than his. Where Jimin had a security guard at the front door to regulate who came in or out but was sleeping most times, Namjoon had a doorman and the first floor was dedicated to the comfort and luxury of those passing through. It seemed like a high class hotel more than an apartment building. Even the workers who were at the front desk were dressed nicer than almost everyone in Jimin's apartment building and it made him struggle not to laugh.

He had been here several times but this was a new perspective. He was going in as Namjoon's unannounced-husband and that was a pretty big deal. They weren't telling everyone yet though so it was kind of like they held a secret between them that was so special, if they were kids again, they'd be giggling over it.

But they had to be serious. He had to act like an adult...

So he straightened his shoulders as they walked past the front desk, broadening his stature and lifting his chin to try and make it seem like he belonged here. No one was staring honestly, but he was overthinking being in such a nice place. As a kid, he never "fit in" to the "higher society" because it was full of unspoken rules that just didn't make any sense to him then and it didn't make anymore sense now.

Namjoon noticed the slight change in the way he walked beside him, trying his best not to laugh at his husband who genuinely looked like he was playing pretend. He gently nudged Jimin's shoulder with his own as they walked beside each other, each holding their own suitcase from the honeymoon. He decided to play along for a moment, broadening his shoulders as well with a giant smile spread across his face and they kept up the little charade until they were in the elevator together, both laughing once the doors closed in front of them.

"What was that about?" Joon asked as he held onto the railing on the side of the wall.

Jimin laughed softly, "It's so weird here... everyone's so proper. I felt weird dressed in a peasant's clothes." he joked, cackling at his own words.

"Peasant's-" His husband joined in on the laughing, covering his mouth with his fist to try and keep it quieter.

"Yes, peasant's. Nothing I'm wearing currently is name-brand."

Joon chuckled once more as his laughed died down, gently taking Jimin's hand as he eyed the ring on his hand. "I don't know. This ring looks pretty "name-brand"... I'd say around-"

"You said we wouldn't say the prices!" Jimin quickly interupted him, covering his husband's mouth with his hand. "You promised- you promised we wouldn't say the prices." A stipulation - sadly not put in the marriage "contract" - that Jimin had him agree to before they picked out each other's rings.

"Oh, yeah... I did promise that, and I guess we have to keep our promises, right?" His voice was muffled behind his hand but it was apparent that he was still smiling.

Jimin nodded his head seriously. "Yes. It's very important we keep our promises, otherwise I can't be your boyfriend anymore. Or husband...- everything you ever promised would be gone." He murmured, leaning up on his tiptoes to get to eye level. "And our relationship is based on these promises lover boy." He kissed the back of his own hand right where Joon's lips would be before he leaned back and retreated into his corner of the elevator. He was okay at flirting at times but he just sucked at following through - he could get the pickup line out but he struggled to stand there bravely since he grew too embarrassed.

"Ah." Namjoon sighed, amusemnet seeping through in his tone. "Lover boy... I like that."

"I think it fits quite well." Jimin nodded his head to punctuate his own words. "You know how you would do anything for me and always have done anything for me? I think it's cause you've secretly been in love with me since we were like..."

"Five."

"Yeah about then." He chuckled, leaning back against the wall with his hand rested on his suitcase and the other on the railing. "You're irrevocably in love with me and that love... ah, it's a fatal thing really. You would do anything for me."

"You know, I think it's unfair how well I'm wrapped around your finger." His husband murmured.

"No, no. It's not... It's completely fair because I'm wrapped around yours too. You could simply look at me a certain way and my knees might give out." He giggled. "I've always been that way too. I know when I was younger I used to take charge a lot, guide us and dominant every decision we made as friends whether it be what we snacked on or what we read... I was very pushy." He let out a soft sigh as he reminisced. "But as I've gotten older, I just go with the flow of things, you know? And as I got older, ah, you..." He shook his head, trying not to blush over how strong his feelings had grown in such a short amount of time. "You just. Yeah. You became... my everything. That sounds so cliche but it's true. You are my best friend. The one person who I can depend on no matter what. My husband..." He nodded his head this time almost as if he had to convince himself that they were actually married. "Yeah. Anyways, I'm just as whipped for you as you are for me. It's a fair situation. What's not fair though, is how you grew a couple more inches after high school and I stayed stuck at 167 cm."

Namjoon let out a sigh, his features softening as he leaned more against the wall, looking down at the ground for a moment before he directed his gaze to Jimin. "You're too sweet-"

"Sweet? I'm talking about a matter of height! There's nothing sweet about it. Look at us. Only 3 inch difference and yet you seem so much taller than me- What is it? Do you style your hair differently or is the clothes? Do you-" He gasped as he sprung off the wall. "Do you stuff your shoes!"

He couldn't but laugh at the ridiculous assumption. "No I don't."

"I don't believe you. I'm checking all of your shoes and your entire closet. You're definitely stuffing your shoes." Jimin mumbled, stuck in his own world as he began to ramble. "You probably have those cool gel things that are soft and make you super tall. I saw one that added lik 6 inches to the height... I wonder if they'd work for me. No, well... maybe? Maybe. We wear the same shoe size, right? I think so... if you have them, I'm borrowing them- i want to see something!" He exclaimed just as the doors opened and he was off, running down the hall to find Namjoon's door and it didn't even occur to him that he didn't remember his apartment number until he was standing at the end of the hall, watching as Namjoon walked the other way with both of their luggages.

"Damn." He grumbled under his breath as he walked back to join Namjoon and by the time he reached him, they were in front of his apartment and his husband was opening the door.

"You may be almost 30 but you have the energy of a four year old." Namjoon chuckled as he unlocked the door and opened it for him, letting Jimin go in first.

"Almost 30... wow. You make me sound so old." Jimin let out a little huff, kissing his cheek.

Namjoon had somehow manuevered the suitcases inside before he had even gotten passed him but in the small time it took Jimin to squeeze past his arms, he was pulled back just as quickly.

"Where do you think you're going?" Joon asked, hand holding Jimin's wrist and for a moment Jimin felt skiddish like he should try and run into the apartment and hide somewhere. Joon's voice was commanding his attention and he wasn't sure he wanted to give it but even so, he looked into his husband's eyes, not answering. Where was he supposed to go? It's not like he could run home from here. That was one too many blocks. He had small legs and was petite like a toy poodle who needed to be carried that far.

"If we're going into my apartment we have to do this right." Joon said, his voice almost warning him and before he knew it Jimin felt his arm under his thighs and his feet were off of the ground.

"Joon!" He squealed partially in excitement and embarrassment. His hands quickly came to his husband's shirt, tightening in the material to hold on. He didn't think Joon would let him fall but who knew what would happen; they had already done this once at the honeymoon-penthouse so why was this needed.

"Shh, my neighbors will hear you." Namjoon laughed softly, kissing Jimin's cheek before he carried him into the apartment.

"Who care if they hear us, I'm sure you've had people over before... so loud probably." Jimin murmured, implying that Namjoon must have had some late night guests over here even if he knew that wasn't the truth; he was just teasing.

"As I recall, you were the louder one last night... Joon-ah~" He faked a moan of his own name, teasing him back but Jimin couldn't handle teasing back. His face turned red and he gently hit his chest.

"Put me down now. We're inside. I can walk. I have legs." So many excuses but none of them were a good enough reason, to Namjoon, for Jimin to be set on the ground.

"What if I don't? What if I carry you around forever?"

"We might mend together... become conjoined twins. That could make things weird." Jimin definitely overthought such a cute thought.

"Pfft... you're weird." Namjoon laughed softly, spinning them around for a moment just trying his best to make him feel like the prince he was but as they stopped spinning and the world came into focus, they were confronted with a black haired masked-man standing there in the doorway with a little fluff ball on a leash.

"Namjoon?" His voice was familiar to both of them but the familiarity had Namjoon dropping Jimin and Jimin pushing off of his husband, both standing side by side once they were apart almost like they were caught doing something they weren't supposed to do.

"Oh, Jimin? I didn't know you were going to be here." If there was one thing their friend was good at, it was putting on a face. Not letting most know his emotions since he always had this somewhat tired and stand-offish aura around him. But despite him putting up this front, there were many times the friend group had cracked through it and saw the genuine Yoongi; those were the best times. This wasn't exactly one of those times... Yoongi was staying calm and collected as he saw Jimin begin to fidget from where he stood.

In their small friend group of only seven people including himself, everyone knew that Jimin and Namjoon would end up together. That it was inevitable. Nothing was going to stop it. Even if they had stayed only friends, everyone around them knew that they would likely never marry anyone else and with those precedent knowledge, it was easy to clue together with the two luggages in the hallway, the two week vacation and Namjoon returning with Jimin after said vacation, plus the fact that Jimin's shirt wasn't his own as well as the badly covered hickeys on his neck; all of it screamed a relationship.

But it wasn't his business so he just went about his day, squatting down before he unleashed Rapmon, letting the fluffy white pup run to his owner with little yelps of glee.

"Hey Yoongs." Jimin gently waved his hand as he stood stiffly beside his husband.

Yoongi nodded his head to him before he helped by bringing in the luggages and shutting the door. "How many times have I told you to always lock the door first, Namjoon? It's dangerous to leave it open."

"I had my hands full." He replied, a small smirking-glance, earned him a jab to the ribs from Jimin.

Yoongi held back a little chuckle and nodded his head slightly as he pulled off his mask and slipped it into his pocket before he took of his shoes and joined them in the living room. "How was the vacation?"

"It was nice. Well needed... I didn't even check my phone was." Namjoon chuckled.

"Woah! No way. I'm shocked honestly... Two entire weeks and not one glance?"

"Nope. Not one. I was preoccupied. The place was so nice... the view in the morning, ah." Namjoon let out a little sigh as he thought back to the early mornings he had spent, awake before Jimin who slept in longer than him. Yoongi probably thought he meant the view of the Seoul skyline since from the penthouse you could easily see out to the N Seoul Tower and the mountain that came with it, freckled beautifully with glistening lights and maybe he was partially talking about that gorgeous view, but the view that meant the most to him was the one that came when Jimin was nestled up in bed. Cheeks puffy from how much ramen they had eaten before passing out, hair a mess from not being kept nicely and the soft rise and fall of his chest as he let out little puffs of air. When they were young, Jimin was a sound sleeper who barely even talked in his sleep or moved but now those two things were drastically different. Not only did he apparently vividly dream and tackle a couple pillows in the process of the past two weeks, but somewhere in the years between their last sleep over and their short-lived honeymoon Jimin had developed a soft snore - likely from the sleep-deprived life he lived on his tight schedule - but Namjoon had found it cute. He found the soft sounds adorable and even made him coo once.

The view that had captivated him was simply the beautiful golden honey skin that seemed to only show in the morning when the sun leaked through onto Jimin. It was only about an hour of time before the sun woke him up and Namjoon would have to busy himself in mere minutes or pretend to be asleep, but that hour before his husband woke up was spent with him studying every soft feature of his relaxed face. He was gorgeous even while sleeping... a pure, untouched beauty that made Namjoon's chest tighten with love. If anything ever corrupted that feeling, that unprecedented beauty, Namjoon might kill a man.

Okay, that was a bit drastic. Killing someone was too far but he'd do everything for him.

But in this moment, he didn't mind letting Yoongi think he meant the view of the skyline. He knew that sometime in the future, everyone would know that the only beauties in his life, the most treasured things to him, would be Park Jimin. No, Kim Jimin. It would always be Kim Jimin.

"Man, you're making me jealous. I really need a vacation." Yoongi let out a little sigh, now standing in front of his two friends.

Jimin was still stiff. He didn't know what to say in this moment, what to add to the conversation. His mind was fogged like the warm mist in the morning so thick it was hard to see in front of you and just like that, it was hard for him to think of anything other than the fact that he and Namjoon were just caught holding each other.

His mother had caught them like this before when they were younger. Around 14... only they weren't holding each other playfully. They were cuddling in the blankets together while watching a movie. Once she had caught the two of them together like that, she had asked Namjoon to leave and then chastised Jimin till he was left crying and sneaking out of the house in rebellion.

Maybe that memory... maybe that's why he was so scared right now. Scared he was about to be yelled at again by someone who meant a lot to him. Yoongi and him weren't the closest of friends but they were still close enough for it to hurt if Yoongi were to reprimand him.

"We'll go on a vacation together soon then. All of us. You can even bring Holly along if you want." Namjoon chuckled, picking up Rapmon as he embraced the little fluff ball.

"Sounds like a plan. I'm sure Jimin needs a break as well. I just saw that they released that one dance video of you... wah." Yoongi shook his head slightly in amazement. "You're amazing. It's a shame no one has let you debut yet."

"Oh trust me. I've had plenty of opportunities. I just don't know if that life is for me anymore." Jimin mumbled, suddenly feeling a little more comfortable as Yoongi talked to him. He was just pushing those thoughts of fear back to the farthest depths of his mind. "I've matured... I'll always love dancing but what more can I do now? The prime age of idols is the twenties and mine are almost over. No one wants to see an old guy dancing stage." He chuckled a little, a soft but bittersweet smile on his face. It was his dream at one point to perform with a group of his own or even solo. Maybe duo... But he turned down offers because his bigest dream was to be with Namjoon. His biggest dream was love and those offers to fulfill something so materialistic as his career would put up blockades on his path to being with Namjoon.

He told himself each year on his birthday when they were together to celebrate - aside for those few years of them not talking - that he would wait for Namjoon to love him before he debuted. Make sure he had a solid relationship with someone before jumping into a career. But 20 passed and soon 25 and before he knew it, 28. No agencies were looking at him anymore and the ones who were simply wanted him to keep training so those dreams of debuting were short-lived but he didn't regret pushing them off for the pursuit of love since in his eyes love was greater than any other thing he could have in this world and it was thoughts like these that made him want to shout his love for the other out to everyone. He didn't, but he certainly wanted to at times.

"I think maybe I'll just become a trainer until I settle down and have a family... maybe a choreographer or something cool like that. Something that keeps me on my feet and everyting, you know?"

"You know there's this multiverse theory out there. It's kind of popular now. Somewhere, in another universe, you're a very popular idol beloved by many and I bet even at 28, you'll still be partying hard in the idol life." Yoongi encouraged, a gummy smile spread across his face. He had rested a hand on Jimin's shoulder, letting it linger there for a moment before he pat it with a soft nod. "Yep. You're definitely an idol in a different life."

"And you're a producer." Namjoon added.

"Probably." Yoongi laughed. "And you're probably a rapper... your name's probably Rapmon too cause you love that dog so much."

The three of them burst into a fit of laughter and for the first time since they had entered the apartment, Jimin felt more at ease than before. More comfortable with the idea of letting things go like dreams and fears because in another life, in another universe, he was out there living those dreams and conquering those fears that he couldn't pursue in this one.

Notes:

did you guys like the chapter :((((

also do you guys believe in the multiverse theory O.o
honestly, i think i do ;;

anyways i hope you enjoyed!!
just a tw for next chapter... there is a bit of abuse and homophobia so ㅜㅜ

Chapter 34

Summary:

jimin's mom sucks and feelings are so confusing ;;

Notes:

okay so um ahhhh
warnings: homophobia and child abuse ;;

it is only brief but hhh tis sad ㅜㅜ
it yeah i dunno what to say-
i just hope you peoples don't hate it ;;

i added asterisks ( aka ** these things-) before and after the small bit so you can skip if you'd like ><

also this is the longest chapter so um yeah... i dunno if you guys like longer or shorter chapters ;;
usually i do about 1500 words but the ones i've been writing have been about double or triple that amount

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It was late into the day on a cold afternoon in the middle of their winter break. Their school had let out a couple days early and tehy'd be going back in about a week but winter breaks were always the worst. Most of the time, students spent them sick and holed up in their room since it was too chilly for them to go out but some people their age were hellbent on finding some sort of cash flow, trying desperately to cling to their convienence store jobs so they could have some money before summer break. Jimin and Namjoon were not those types of peoples. They were fine living off of their monthly allowances. Content with the 28-ish dollars they received each month. Sometimes it was more and sometimes it was less but neither of them had any plans of getting a job anytime soon. Maybe once they made it through college and the military. Maybe they'd get jobs then but as the 14 year olds they were now, thinking of a job seemed like too much stress.

And that little worry about getting a job right now is exactly why they were cuddling up to a movie in Jimin's room. With the bright sun reflecting off of the snow outside and in through the blinds of his room, the lights were turned off and they were under a heavy blanket together. His house had heating but it never worked too nicely. Only really heating the living room and sometimes his mother's room. They would have gone to Namjoon's house but his dad was in town and they were avoiding him as much as possible - he wasn't always the nicest.

So they found their way into a comfy position, Jimin's cheek pressed to Namjoon's chest with Namjoon holding him close with his arms. They really didn't need to be this close but they were comfortable so what did it matter. On Namjoon's lap was the laptop he had gotten for his birthday that same year and they had on an episode of Friends which was just another gift Namjoon was given that same year. His parents wanted him to focus on studying English. Though the two of them (his parents) were absent for most things in his life, including his emotional needs and were otherwise disinterested in his grades as long as he stayed in the top 20 students in the class, they cared greatly about him expanding his horizons when it came to an upper hand in business. That's all they really cared about... their business, their careers. Just as long was smart enough to invest his money and succeed far after them, they didn't care about how he got to that point.

So learning English... that was studying. Watching the show Friends was English and while he was only catching on to a few words here and there, this could still be considered studying over winter break so he'd take it. Plus he could spend time with Jimin and Jimin could tell his mom that they were studying. It was win-win all around; happy parents for their kids "studying" and happy kids who weren't actually studying completely.

At the ripe age of 14, they were both slowly growing into manhood. Both going through changes that they weren't so open about as they would be if they were still younger kids who shared even the smallest bits of a Sunday on a hot day. Now they were growing into themselves and Namjoon was sort of growing away. Not exactly but the older got the more he grew silent and more observant. Out of the two of them, he was always the quiet one but it had grown more since they were kids.

Jimin, on the other hand, had become more rebellious somehow while also more reserved. Not reserved or rebellious against Namjoon but to everyone else. He had started sneaking out of the house more to escape his mother and had hid out at Namjoon's house often and if he couldn't hide there he went to the gazebo by himself. As he got older, he started to dislike the rules he was given by anyone really. No one should control his life and while Namjoon thought it was just him being rebellious, it was more of Jimin lashing out due to his contradicting thoughts of his friend. He didn't understand why he was having the urge to kiss him or hold him close or even freaking care for him. Why did he have to care for his friend in more than a friend way? And it genuinely was more than a friend way. His heart would flutter and everything and it left him confused and hating the fact that he was thinking like this.

But today was a chill day. A day when he didn't particularly care if he was catching feelings for his friend. A day when he could get by by "studying" without his mother chewing him out. And Namjoon didn't really have to worry about anything either. Just chilling with his... friend. His best friend. They were just studying together so what did it matter. Why did it matter at all how close they were together? Friends cuddled. They had practically slept on top of each other when they were young so it shouldn't matter now. This was the norm.

They were both preoccupied with watching and while neither of them could fully grasp in depth what was happening since it was in a completely different language and they didn't have subtitles on, they both felt the anticipation that came as Ross broke up with Julie, about to meet Rachel. It left a churning feeling in both their stomachs. Jimin's bottom lip was caught between his teeth as he stared intensly at the screen and Namjoon had a death grip on the back of Jimin's shirt. Only a few seconds and Rachel had cupped her hands around Ross's face and kissed him passionately. Jimin's face turned to one of flames and he had to look away, turning his nose into Namjoon's chest before but Namjoon couldn't really look away. He was too captivated by the thought of what a kiss would feel like.

It only lasted a minute or so but in that minute, Jimin's mother had opened the door quickly, flicking on the lights even quicker. "What are you two doing?" She shouted, staring at them accusingly. Her eyes were like knives and the purest anger in her voice had the two of them sitting up and pulling apart. Namjoon grabbed his laptop and shut it, knowing how bad this probably looked - two guys cuddling close and watching a kiss scene and to someone who had never seen Friends they probably thought it was an adult video.

"Nothing." Jimin had answered, his voice low and head down as he sat on the far of edge of his bed. He felt ashamed... there was something wrong cuddling with his best friend. Something he didn't understand why it was wrong but his mother reacting this way meant it was definitely wrong.

"Nothing?" She asked, her voice raising at the end with a twinge. "Namjoon. I think it's time for you to go." She had picked up his backpack from the floor and held the back out toward him, her arm straight.

Namjoon stood from the bed and bowed his head slightly as he took it from her. He walked past her, giving Jimin a longing glance to make sure he was okay before he walked away, making his way out of their house. He didn't even put away his laptop until he was down the street, too shaken up to do so in front of her. Jimin's mother wasn't the worst thing in the world - she was certainly more present than his own mother, but she had a small tendency to freak out and overreact.

Jimin stood up and pushed the blanket that Namjoon forgot to take with him to the end of his bed and that is when it started.

*****************************

"You're not to cuddle with a boy, with a man like that." His mother muttered, her voice low and eyes threatening as she held her finger out to him, lecturing him in everyway possible. "You are a man, Jimin. A fucking man so you better act like it. You don't go around getting close to other men. You don't- You don't watch those damn videos. You don't get close to men like that! It's disgusting!" She began to shout, walking up to him, she grabbed his face, her nails pressing into his cheeks surely cutting into his skin lightly.

He was forced to look up at her, lock eyes with her despite the shame he felt and the urge to look away. Hot tears swelled in his eyes obstructing his vision and turning his mother before him into a collage of abstract colours but that didn't matter, he could still see, feel the pure anger.

"Are you disgusting?" She asked, her voice calmer than before but it was just a mask. He knew it was just a mask. He knew that she was about to go off if he answered wrong.

"No..." he mumbled, his voice low and quiet in his throat.

"What was that?" She squeezed his cheeks a little tighter.

"No." He restated, voice clearer. Somehow he could speak with the lump in his throat, the lump of fear.

"Then what the hell were you doing with him?"

He stayed quiet. He didn't know how to respond. What was he doing with his friend? He was just studying but was it really just studying? Did he really need to turn his face into his chest? Did he really need to hold onto him, cuddle so close.. was he even paying attention to the show?

"One week." She muttered as he didn't answer, pushing his face away from her. "One week. You're not allowed to see him for one week and if I catch you doing another disgusting thing, I'm making it longer. I'll make sure you never see him again if I had to."

And he believed her. He truly did. She knew Namjoon's mother and he knew that if Namjoon's mother saw them like that, Joon would be stripped away from him as easy as it is to take candy from a baby. Because he really was just a baby... and Namjoon was his candy. So good. It made him feel so whole but it was bad for him. It would rot his teeth and prove his mother right...

*****************************

Jimin didn't say a single thing, staring a the ground. The tears were about to fall, he could feel them weighing heavy on his eyelids but he held it together. Held it together at least until his mother was out of the room, the only sign that she wasn't here anymore being the tap of her slippers against the tile of the hallway. That was when he felt the tears fall. Fat, hot, salty drops fell down his cheeks. His hands were balled up in the end of his shirt, holding on so tight the tips of his fingers were numb.

He was disgusting... disgusting for having those thoughts of his friend. His friend... his relationship with his friend,t heir friendship, made his mother hate him and yet, he still felt in this moment when he was so upset that he just wanted Namjoon there to comfort him. He just wanted to hug him. To rant about how he despised his mother but he knew he wouldn't speak one ill word of her. He cared too much about her even in moments like this. It was his own fault that she had to do this. His own fault he was so disgusting to her.

A moment passed and then another. His anger towards his mother and the situation was melting into sadness and disappointment in himself. But that didn't lessen the need he felt to see Namjoon, to at least apologize on behalf of his mother for the way she told him to leave. Yeah, that's what he would do.. apologize to him for her. Yes he would be seeing him but it wasn't to cuddle or be close, it was to apologize. It was a loophole to his "grounding" but he was doing it to better his mother's image so that didn't matter, right?

He didn't dwell on it much longer. He grabbed his "go" bag and Namjoon's blanket before climbing out of his window. No note left behind like he had when he was a kid; he respected his mother greatly but somewhere in him, he had lost the respect to inform her where he was going. His "go" bag was something new. Something he had made up in the past year. It was filled with a change of clothes, a toothbrush and a hair brush as well as some money and some food and water. Not much really but it was enough to survive off of for a few days if he had to, plus Mrs. Choi at the diner always gave him food if he had snuck out of the house.

His feet touched the ground and he was off, running down the street and past the elderly folks who ran the markets and stores around here. It was the women who stared the most when he left, gossiping about how flighty he was but they had no clue. They didn't know what he was going through so he took any whispered words with a grain of salt.

He carried himself and everything with him as afar downt he block as he could make it, stopping at the familiar trees with a small opening. It was across from a little shop that sold hot soups during the winter. The mere thought of that nice food sounded delicious but he wasn't thinking about that right now...

Jimin hiked up his jeans as he carefully trudged through the snow, tennes shoes seeping in the cold easily and freezing his toes. It would be difficult to stay here longer than a few hours but from the look of the fresh footprints he followed, he knew he wouldn't stay here long. Someone else was here... the person he needed the most was there.

14 and impulsive. Disgusting to his mother. An outcast of society both in school, where people had avoided him at all costs since he had started up his bad reputation of skipping school sometimes, and outside of school, where the commoners on the street stared and gossiped. He was sure his mother would hear all about how he ran quickly away from home within the hour and he was even more sure that she wouldn't come looking for him, only waiting in the empty house for him to return. It was difficult to be him. He was struggling not only with his feelings but with himself. The urge to be so close to his friend, the feelings of crushing on him at the same time and the internalized feeling of hatred toward liking how Namjoon looked at him was a whirlwind of emotions that he hated handling - not that he was good at handling his feelings... he sucked at it.

He slid slightly on a patch of ice, his heels sleeting down until his butt hit the ground and he was holding Namjoon's blanket in the air so it didn't get wet. He sat there for a moment in the snow, pitiful and upset. The anger and sadness, disappointment, coming back like he had felt before. He could feel the tears coming back but they quickly faded as he lifted his head, seeing the lump of his friend in the gazebo, huddled up on the ground probably to keep warm. He felt guilty that his friend was cold because of him... that he had left his house and came here because of him. And he wasn't even sure he liked the fact that Namjoon was there. He didn't know if he liked the way he was waiting for him, knowing him so well that Namjoon could sit there and be correct about where he would flea to. It aggravated him but at the same time, it had him wanting to sob in his arms.

Feelings sucked.

"Joon..." He mumbled, getting up from the ground, not even taking the time to wipe the snow off of his jeans before he was walking to the safety of the gazebo, up the few steps that had obviously been dusted off just recently.

Namjoon heard the crunch of the snow and lifted his head, no smile on his face now as he looked at his friend worriedly. He clsoed the distance between them in seconds, right in front of his friend as he took the bag and blanket from him. He set them on the ground and Jimin didn't argue about how their stuff would get wet, he just let him be.

"Are you okay?" he finally asked, his hand coming to Jimin's chin to try and get a better look at the forming scratch marks on his face. He didn't ask how it happened. How he had gotten scratched when less than 20 minutes ago he had seen his friend perfectly fine because he knew that Jimin would cry and he knew how much he disliked crying. So instead he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a little wet napkin and a bandaid. It wasn't much and it wouldn't do much either but it was something.

He tried to rip the package with his gloved hands before he realized the fact that Jimin was standing there without a coat or hat or scarf or anything but jeans. Jeans were the warmest thing he had on...

Namjoon pulled off his gloves then and gave them to his friend, making sure he put them on properly before he ripped open the wetnap. "You can stay at my house tonight..." He mumbled as he carefully and caringly cleaned his cheeks. There was no blood, only red marks but even so he wanted to take care of them properly. He didn't want Jimin to scar... didn't want him to feel any less beautiful than he was now and that thought was odd to have of his best friend but hell, he was more focused on helping him than his gay thoughts right now.

"My mom won't be home at all and dad might but not until later." he gently dabbed the wetnap over his cheeks before he tossed it to the side and pulled out the bandaid, opening it cautiously before he covered the marks. "There... now you look cool." It was the first smile either of them had cracked.

"Cool?" Jimin asked gently lifting his gloved hand to his face to feel the bandaid.

"Yes, cool. You look like you got beat up. Like a true thug. I bet you right now if we walked on the street together everyone would be so scared they'd be shaking."

The younger's smile grew slightly as he nodded his head in agreement. "Well obviously... I'm pretty scary Joonie-ah. I told you that, didn't I?"

"You did. I just didn't see until now." Namjoon chuckled softly as he pat his friend's head.

They were the same age but more often than not, he still acted like he was at least a year older. Still treated Jimin like he was his younger brother... well more than brother. They were best friends and there was nothing stronger than two best friends.

"Are you sure your parents won't mind if I come over?" He asked then, his voice quiet, sounding broken like he usually did after moments like these. Over the past few years, Jimin's mother became a bit worse, a bit more agressive. She wasn't abusive, Jimin swore she wasn't, she just cared so much. Cared about him and wanted to protect him. That's why she did these things...

Namjoon didn't believe that excuse for one second. His own parents were crappy. Never there really but at least they didn't lay a hand on him. At least that's what he thought happened. He had a few conclusions drawn from a couple of odd shaped brusies and whatnot that he had seen on Jimin but Jimin never said anything about. Jimin never told him what happened, never confirmed it, and Namjoon never asked.

The elder nodded his head without a doubt. "Yup. My mom is on a business trip and won't be back for a few days and I don't know if my dad is coming home tonight and even if he did, he never stops in to say anything really. He'll just go to bed and when we wake up there will be breakfast or something."

They both knew the routine when Jimin stayed at Namjoon's house especially so suddenly. They would be left alone and unsupervised for almost the entire time. Maybe his mother would peek in on them to make sure they were okay but that was the most of it. Namjoon's parents were there but absent. Never invading their son's privacy or space. Always keeping a boundary... maybe too much of a boundary, between them and him. But it was times like these that Jimin was envious of that relationship Namjoon had with his parents. Envious that Namjoon's mother cared so little that she didn't care at all when they cuddled or slept side by side.

Jimin nodded his head slightly almost like he was silently confirming it himself and then he asked something his mother would find disgusting without a doubt. It was definitely disgusting... she would probably hurt him worse if she had heard him ask it or seen him this close to Namjoon but he asked anyways. He would worry about the hurtful feelings and thoughts later.

"Can you hug me?" He whispered. His vocie more fragile than before. That thug persona he had on for a moment disappeared.

Namjoon didn't hesitate. Opening his coat even though Jimin didn't ask before he wrapped his arms around him and pulled him into the coat and in turn, into his chest. "It's okay..." he reassured and maybe for the moment Jimin believed it. That this would be okay. That holding onto a man... a boy, as another boy would be okay. This was okay... at least for now.

They stayed like that for several minutes. Jimin taking in Namjoon's warmth, suddenly feeling so cold in the winter. Alone in the winter... but he wasn't alone. He was there with him. No one to hurt him... the only person there to protect him and he knew that Namjoon would. Knew that if anyone even looked at him wrong, he would protect him. He knew he couldn't when it came to their parents but any other time he would.

Jimin lifted his head and looked into his friend's eyes, holding the gaze as that stupid whirlwind of feelings came back. Those damn feelings that got him hurt... but he couldn't help them. He couldn't help but wonder how Ross felt when Rachel kissed him. Couldn't help but wonder what it would feel like to his kiss his best friend, to pass that line of friend into something more than he wanted to deny so badly.

He wanted to stay like this, holding and being held. He didn't care if it had to be in the snow to feel so warm and loved like this. But this wasn't love.. this couldn't be love. He was too young to be in love. He was a boy, a man... he shouldn't feel this way for his friend.

It felt like he had held Namjoon's gaze for mere seconds before he tore his eyes away, unable to steal another glance. "Can we go?"

Namjoon nodded shortly after that, only just registering the fact that his friend had asked him anything. He was too focused on trying to figure out why Jimin had stared at him... why Jimin felt so cold. Why he felt like holding him close for eternity. It was confusing; feelings were confusing.

"I brought your blanket." Jimin murmured. He had pulled back from Namjoon and picked up the blanket.

"You could have kept it. I have another at home." That was a lie. He didn't have another like that... his grandmother had made that for him when he was still young and nothing could possibly replace it but knowing that it could give Jimin some sort of comfort at night, that was all he needed; to know Jimin was okay.

"Nah. My mom would have made me return it." He replied, bending down to pick up his bag but Namjoon stopped him, grabbing it before he could. "No, no. I'll get it. You just carry the blanket. Keep warm."

Jimin chuckled a little. "I think a thug can carry it himself..."

"Maybe but only a true thug would accept help from someone."

"Ah, you stole that from a movie didn't you?" He laughed a little.

Namjoon shrugged as he dusted off the backpack before adjusting it onto his shoulder. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. The world may never know."

"You stole that one too!" Jimin laughed again, gently hitting Namjoon's arm as they began to walk out of the gazebo, down the now beaten path of the snow back through the trees and onto the sidewalk again.

"Hmm... how do you know? Maybe I came up with it on my own and never watched any of those movies."

"Then you must be a genius."

"Well duh. Of course I'm a genius. I'm a genius for being your friend and I'm a genius for bringing that stuff today and I'm a genius for being able to speak a whole sentence in English." He boasted, holding his chin up as they began their happy march down the sidewalk to his house.

"No you can't."

"Yes I can."

"I don't believe you."

"Yes... I can speak English." Namjoon spoke the last part in English, a bit broken. His l sounding more like an r than anything and the sh sounding more like a hard s but it was English and Jimin was amazed.

"Woah..." The younger whispered. They stopped walking for a moment as he just stared at him but then he asked, "How come you're failing English then?"

"Cause that crap is just textbook and I don't like textbooks." And just like that they were walking again. They both knew why Namjoon was failing English - well Jimin thought he knew. He thought it was because the sentences were too complex with the subject predict in a completely different place than what they were used to, it was too confusing for him as well, but that wasn't the reason. The reason was because Namjoon was too focused on the back of Jimin's head in the middle of class and surveying everyone around him to make sure they weren't trying to pull something to even finish his world on time.

Before long they had gotten Namjoon's house, carefully sneaking around because neither of them were sure if Jimin's mother was there and they didn't want to be caught right now. Jimin really didn't want to be caught...

So they snuck between cars and covered each other with a blanket, shrinking down as low as they could to try and seem smaller than they were, to disguise themselves and within a few minutes of Namjoon fumbling with his keys, they were inside the house and slipping off their shoes.

Jimin had a little shiver to him as his feet hit the cold tile which felt even more bitter with wet socks and Namjoon had not even realized how cold he might be until the saw just how wet his friend was. Pats soaked in odd patches and feet cold too, his nose was starting to redden.

"I'll get you a change of clothes." Namjoon decided, bring Jimin's bag with him as he made his way to his room. He tossed it onto his bed and went to his dresser, digging through the neatly made folded clothes to find something that would fit Jimin. They were about the same size but Namjoon was a bit taller so no matter what he chose really, it would be big on Jimin.

The younger had followed him close behind, taking off his bag from the bed since it was wet and he didn't want to soil Namjoon's things. Now he just silently stood and watched his friend go through the drawers, not mentioning the fact that he had clothes in his bag, they were most likely wet as well. Plus, Namjoon's cltohes were always more comfortable somehow.

"This should work." He mumbled as he held out clothes to his friend. It was just some sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt and some socks. Everything he would need except for underwear because well... yeah, no one shared underwear. That was just weird.

"Thanks Joonie-ah." His voice was quiet again as he took the clothes from him. "I'll change in the restroom."

Namjoon nodded his head slightly and Jimin did as well back to him before he turned down the hallway, returning only once he was changed into warm, dry clothes.

"So." Namjoon was now settled on the end of his bed.

"Hmm?"

"Are you warmer now? Do you need a blanket? Does your face hurt?"

Jimin smiled a little, shaking his head. "No I'm good, I don't need a blanket and my face is fine so don't worry. It must have gotten scraped up when going through the trees."

The elder nodded his head slightly, knowing that wasn't the truth but Jimin always lied for his mother and Namjoon never confronted it, knowing it would make both of them uncomfortable if he did. Confronting what happened meant admitting it happened to begin with and confronting it together likely meant something worse for Jimin.

"Okay, well, the plan for tonight is..." He glanced toward the digital clock on his dresser before continuing, "My dad won't be home for at least another 4 hours if he does come back so we might have to find something to cook here."

"You? Cook? Weren't you the one who almost burnt down the house last year?" Jimin laughed softly as he sat down beside his friend on the bed, keeping a little distance; he didn't want to be disgusting...

"Yeah but that was a year ago and it was a small mistake. I didn't know you couldn't use paper bowls to heat up food in the microwave. It was an honest mistake, you know? Now, I'm prepared. Only glass in the microwave but who says we're using the microwave. I'm pretty sure together we can prepare cereal together."

"Without burning down the house." Jimin added and Namjoon repeated with a confident nod. "Without burning down the house."

"I'm not hungry though." He let out a little sigh as he fell back onto the bed, eyes focused on the ceiling. Namjoon's room was different than his own. It seemed more clean, less lived in but somehow more comfortable. He had a popcorn ceiling and for as far back as he could remember, he always told himself that they were stars whenever he stayed the night. Like Namjoon had a galaxy above him at all times... the world at his fingertips. Jimin's room just had a flat ceiling almost like his life was tied there in that room and there was nothing beyond. It may sound crazy but that popcorn ceiling gave him hope.

"Do you think I'm disgusting?" He asked after a couple of minutes. Namjoon had spent that time staring at him and even now, as he asked that obsurd question, he still observing him, trying to get into his head and stop whatever worry was to come.

"Of course not. Why would you be disgusting? You shower every day and have clean-"

"No, I mean... what I do. Do you think it's disgusting? The things I do?" Jimin tore his eyes away from the hope above him, turning his head to look at Namjoon as he awaited his answer.

"Why would you be disgusting? What did you do that was gross?" His friend asked, not understanding what he could have done that was gross. Well, what he would have done recently. He remembered at least a year when they were kids when Jimin would constantly pick his nose, that was disgusting but that was the only thing that came to his mind. That was the only disgusting thing Jimin may have done. Jimin and disgusting, those two words did not go hand in hand; they didn't even belong in the same sentence.

"Is cuddling gross? Holding hands and everything? Does it make you uncomfortable?" Jimin restated, turning his head back again to look at the ceiling. As much as he could try, he wouldn't forget his mother's words. He wouldn't be able to erase the anger in her eyes or the fear he felt... but she was doing it for him. Something he did had to be gross and if she thought it was cuddling with Namjoon, then maybe it was, but he needed someone else to call him disgusting before he completely stopped doing it.

"What?" Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed together. He didn't understand how anyone could be grossed out by that. How anyone could be disgusted by holding hands or cuddling. Sure, there were quite a few kids at school that both gave them shit for some things they did, but no one called them disgusting. They may get confused stares sometimes but never verbal insults. "Why would that be gross? I love cuddling with you. It's fun. You're so warm and it's like I don't even need any blankets at all."

Jimin turned his head yet again, not expecting his friend to say that. He was fully prepared for him to call him disgusting, for him to admit that it was weird that they cuddled or anything other than him saying he enjoyed it. He enjoyed cuddling... and that reassured him. It made him feel less alone. "I like cuddling with you too."

"Why would someone think it's disgusting?"

He shrugged. "I dunno."

He was quiet for another moment before he asked another question. "Do you remember when I wanted to be your girlfriend?"

Namjoon laughed a little, nodding his head. "Duh... why wouldn't I remember that?"

"Was that weird?"

"Maybe a little but we were just kids. Even if I did say yes, it would have been nothing more than playing pretend, you know? We were just playing."

Was he just playing? He didn't know if he was just playing... from what he remembered, he was adamant about being his best friend's girlfriend no matter what and now that he thought about it, he didn't know if he was playing. He wondered what his mother would think about that, wondered if she would htink that was disgusting too. Maybe he was disgusting... he didn't know if other friends wanted to be their friends' girlfriends. It was confusing... so confusing and he hated it.

But if he couldn't be his girlfriend, if the world thought he was disgusting for thinking about doing girlfriend things with him, he was content with just being friends. Just as long as he had his Joonie.

And so he sat up in bed and held out his pinky to the other. "Do you promise to always be friends, Joonie-ah?"

Namjoon was smart. He really was. He was one of the top students in most of the subjects they did in school and he could pick up on things quickly but he was oblivious to the fact that two guys could be something more than friends. He was sheltered from the homosexual world, homosexual wasn't even in his vocabulary. All of these questions Jimin was asking had the gears in his head turning. Was it weird to like cuddling with your friend? Was it weird to feel so protective... were they disgusting for it?

Even if they were, he couldn't just stop being friends with Jimin. He couldn't find someone else like him. He couldn't find someone as funny or chaotic or cute as Jimin. He shook off the thought of him being cute though - Jimin wasn't cute. Jimin was Jimin and Jimin was his best friend and he always would be so he hooked his pinky with his and nodded.

"I promise."

Notes:

i promise that there won't be another chapter about current abuse (maybe implied or referenced if that makes sense ;;)

his mother really sucks though ㅜㅜ
i am writing this but i still wanna cuddle him up and protect -.-

thank you for so much support on this story :3
it means a lot

we have almost reached 100 kudos so um, when that does happen, i will write a special chapter ^^
is there anything you would like them to do :0
a date or a moment that you want to happen or something? I will try my best and write whatever I can ^^

have a good day/night and remember to not let the homophobes get to you -.-
if they do, i will take their kneecaps 🤺 🤺

Chapter 35

Summary:

um um nighttime routine?
ah i dunno we all know i suck at the summaries ㅜㅜ

Notes:

I HOPE YOU ENJOYYYYY <3333
next chapter is... *smirk* hwahwahwahwa

this one is a bit long so enjoy :3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Yoongi had left about an hour after he finished his tangerine. He had lingered there in the apartment, eyes watching his two friends almost to the point where they were uncomfortable but it wasn't his fault, he just felt so happy to finally see them together, and he couldn't get the thought of what their wedding may have looked like or what their wedding would be like. It was just such a hard thing for him to grasp considering he grew up with these two. He only knew them for about a decade but he knew them enough to know that they weren't exactly the type for a typical wedding. In fact, the two of them eloping in secrecy and continuing their honeymoon in the same fashion was exactly like them. He had hugged Rapmon and said goodbye to his friends before he left the apartment.

Almost as soon as the door had shut, Namjoon immediately picked up Jimin from the ground like they had been earlier. Jimin giggling as Namjoon held him close. "You don't have to carry me anymore, you know." He voice trailed off but he wasn't complaining about being so close to Namjoon. It was nice being held so openly. Before they never did anything like this, never held each other so close so openly but it was like a weight was lifted when they said their vows. A weight that kept them from each other.

"I know I don't have to, but," Namjoon smirked a little as he danced around the room with him, side-stepping and partially waltzing till he was in the doorway to his room. "I just love you so much." He chuckled as he pecked Jimin's cheek quickly.

He giggled again after he was set onto the bed. "So~ What is Namjoonie-ah's nightly routine in his apartment?" Jimin asked as he sat up. When they were young, they always slept together and everything they did they did well together, but this was the first time they were in one of their own apartments together as a married couple. Being married changed things.

"Well..." He shared the same smile his husband wore as he walked forward slightly, thighs flush against the bed. "First, we shower..."

"But we showered this morning."

"And last night." Namjoon reminded just to see Jimin's face turn red and it did, not as much as he would like, but enough to spread across his cheeks and to his ears. "So, brush my teeth then. Change clothes after."

"You change clothes after?" Jimin asked, holding back a little laugh. That seemed funny to him for a reason that he wasn't even sure of.

"Yeah, why?"

"Why do you change after? Wouldn't it make sense to do it before? You know, you change clothes and then brush your teeth and hten hop in bed. It just makes more sense."

"What?" Namjoon laughed. "That makes no sense at all. What if you get toothpaste on your shirt or something? Then it's on your pajamas and you have to sleep with it or change it. It just makes more sense."

It did... that made so much more sense and now Jimin was confused about the way he did things, and Namjoon knew it too, gently patting Jimin's hair. "Don't worry. We can do it like you do tonight, okay?"

"No, your way makes so much more sense." Jimin huffed, falling back on the bed like he was a little kid, confused by life.

He laughed again before he pulled Jimin's arms up, hoisting him from the bed but the boy was still limp. "Joonie-ah..." He whined, "Why are you always right about things?" Another huff as he sat up, gently hitting Namjoon's chest. "It's not fair at all."

"I figured after over 20 years of friendship, you'd be used to it by now." Namjoon replied, helping him to stand again. "Now let's get ready for bed, okay? You can borrow some of my clothes."

The bait of being able to wear Namjoon's clothes was enough for him to be hooked. Not that he wasn't wearing his clothes currently or anything That was obsurd. This shirt... that he may or may not have gotten in the last day or so from his husband, was now his. Not stolen, he swore- maybe a little stolen but it's not like Namjoon would call him out on it.

"Okay! Let's go. Teeth first.. do you have an extra toothbrush?" he asked, looking up at Namjoon who just nodded his head with a soft smile. "Of course. I'm always prepared."

"Prepared for everything, it's so- ah, why are you so perfect?" Jimin had walked into the bathroom and Namjoon followed, opening a cabinet before giving him a toothbrush.

"I could say the same thing you know. Why are you so perfect? Why are you so cute? Why are you so rambunctious? How do you have so much energy?" He squeezed some toothpaste onto the brush as he continued his rhetorical questions. "These are all things I've thought since I was like.. 10 or something. I don't know. Around then but even way back when, I could not figure out any of these things at all. You're like a magical angel who is perfect in everyway."

Jimin put his toothbrush in his mouth, scrubbing at his teeth on the one side before he stared at him through the shared mirror. "I would agree with you... I would completely agree that I am an angel except, I'm short. If I were perfect I'd be taller than you and! And, I am not rambunctious anymore. You have to admit I mellowed out since I was younger."

"I don't know if that's true... mellowing out. I don't know." Namjoon chuckled, "You just became less rebellious. Now you go with the flow of things a bit more." He began to brush his teeth as well. The two of them only stopping for small breaks to rebuttle each other's bickering and that is how you end up brushing your teeth for twenty minutes.

Once they were done, they made their way out of the bathroom and Jimin was stuck in an awkward position, sitting at the end of the bed, eyes focused on Namjoon yet again. His back was turned to him as he looked through his drawers for some clothes. He shouldn't be awkward really. It was just a simply question, something small that wouldn't be a problem but it was. For no real reason too. Can I borrow some clothes? That's all he had to ask, but it felt like more. Asking to borrow his clothes felt more personal. Ah, it was so strange to be feeling nervous to ask about clothes now when they had grown up pratically wearing everything of each other's. And Namjoon must have sensed it because he asked, "What's wrong?"

Jimin shook his head. "Nothing, baby."

"Baby? Oh, is that a new petname?"

"You always call me baby." Jimin replied. "Besides, what is wrong with it? I think it's cute... fits you well." His back hit the bed as he let himself fall and he looked up at the ceiling for a moment before he looked back at Namjoon, laughing as he saw his face in the mirror connected to his dresser. "Joonie-ah."

"Jiminie-ah." He replied and Jimin could see the small smile on his face through the mirror. He was looking down at whatever clothes he had in the drawer, probably trying to pick something out but he wasn't sure. Maybe he was just buying time before they had to get in bed.

"What's your favourite colour?"

It wasn't a weird question really. Everyone was asked that at least a dozen times in their life but the weird part was the fact that they had known each other so long and in the time that they had known each other, Namjoon's favourite colour hadn't changed at all. He only added more.

"Why...?"

"I'm just curious." He turned his gaze back to the ceiling. Nothing spectacular was up there sadly, so he looked back at Namjoon through the mirror, sitting up slightly this time.

"Purple."

"Pretty."

"Black."

"Mine too."

"Pink."

A smile broke out on Jimin's face as he giggled. "You still like pink?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"Not much has changed about you."

"What? Are you kidding? A bunch has changed about me. I'm married." He held up his ring as he turned around to show Jimin as if he didn't know that they were married. "I'm taller now."

"No, you were this tall in high school too." Jimin cut in. "So tall that everyone chose you for basketball-"

"And I always picked you to be on the team."

"Perks of being friends with the tall kid." He chuckled, putting his head back against the bed yet again. He had no clue what was more comfortable; sitting up to look at Namjoon or laying back and staring at the ceiling. Both had perks; ceiling, neck wouldn't be tired; namjoon, he got to see his hubby-

"Were there any other perks of being friends with me?" Namjoon had never thought about perks of being friends with anyone. He wasn't exactly a social butterfly but he did have a few friends and he seemed to gain them easily, but he didn't think that there were many perks of being friends with himself.

"Sure there was. You would always lend me your coat if I was cold and you would always give me extra food you didn't want at lunch. You picked me for the teams even if I was slow- ah but not in soccer! I was always the best in soccer." He nodded his head slightly, "Mhm... um, you would lemme have your pencil if I lost mine, always gave me erasers and everything. Oh! And you gave the best presents! Remember that year I wanted some markers, the nice ones with all the different colours... mhm. You got me them and I loved them so much- oh oh and when you bought me my favourite comic. And that figurine! Yes! How could I forget about that! I loved that so much!" He curled up in bed as he laughed, turning on his side at the fond memories. He remembered how purely happy he was when Namjoon got them, followed by slight guilt because he was never able to get things like that for Namjoon, but he repayed him with hugs and what he could.

That soft smile was on Namjoon's face again. He was now watching Jimin as he recalled the memories. The younger couldn't see him and he wouldn't even be able to tell, but when Jimin started to remember the past (at least the moments they had together) he had this sort of feeling to him, this feeling that made Namjoon want to scoop him up again and hold him tight. Hold him tight and protect him from everything, even the horrible past.

"I guess there were quite a few perks for my friends." For you. There were quite a few perks for you... He wanted to say. No one else got that treatment. He never bought any of his other friends presents. He never cared who was on the team in basketball, just as long as Jimin was there. He never willingly let someone use his erasers or pencils or anything. He only let Jimin. Jimin was the exception to everyone.

"What about me? Were there any perks of being my friend?" Jimin sat up on his elbows, looking up at Namjoon. A small blush appeared on his face as he noticed he was staring, gently kicking his foot at him to get him to answer. "C'mon~" He whined a little. "Were there any perks to being my friend? ANy at all?"

Namjoon let out a little chuckle as he nodded. "Mhm... my favourite perk was being with the cutest guy in the whole school."

"I'm not cute."

"You were cute then and you're cute now."

Jimin shook his head, "No... give me another. What was another perk?"

"Um... you always knew what to do. That was probably my favourite thing... that you know what to do no matter what. Whenever we played or whenever we played a game, whenever we were out, you always told us where we would go, you know? I loved that about you. Another perk was how clingy you were and how you didn't care really. Like if we were eating out together, you didn't care if we held hands and even if you didn't mean to, by the time we woke up after a sleepover, you'd always be so close to me. I loved it." He nodded with a soft hum of affirmation.

"You definitely were in love with me." Jimin declared as he sat up on the bed fully again, crossing his legs as he sat criss-cross. "It's undeniable Namjoonie-ah."

He chuckled yet again, turning away to face the mirror as he pulled off his shirt. "Why would I deny it?"

"Do you usually sleep shirtless?" He asked suddenly, eyes scanning over his husband's bare back, over his tan skin that looked like it would be soft to touch. Last night, Namjoon had touched nearly every part of him and whatever Jimin did feel of Namjoon was mixed in with a blinding pleasure, so it was difficult not to be envious or not to stare at something he wanted to touch.

"Uh... usually." Namjoon replied as he pulled his pajama shirt over his head before pulling off his pants. "It just depends on how cold it is. If it gets too cold, I usually wear a hoodie or something."

Jimin nodded his head slightly, clearing his throat as he looked away from him, directing his gaze to the bed black bed spread. "That's cool."

"Cool?" He chuckled, not really understanding why it would be cool. It seemed lik an odd thing to say right now. "What about you? How do you usually sleep?"

"Shorts and sweater. Sometimes just sweater. It depends... my legs and feet get hot often so sometimes I just go bottomless."

Another chuckle, "Interesting. How do you want to sleep tonight?" He had changed completely into his pajamas, now just waiting to pull out something for Jimin.

"What do you want me to wear? I'll take anything."

Namjoon smirked a little, "So nothing?"

His face turned red and he looked upa t his husband. "If you want..."

Upon seeing his blush through the mirror, he couldn't help but smile. He pulled out a sweater for Jimin, tossing it to him. "Here, you can wear this. It's the smallest thing I own."

"There isn't that big of a size difference between us." He let out a little huff as he stood from the bed, pulling off his own shirt.

The two of them had changed in front of each other plenty of times over the years and maybe when they were younger and curious, they may have stared at each other out of interest but it was nothing like tonight or the night before. Their stares became heavier, hiding something behind it that they both knew but wouldn't admit out loud.

That gaze is why Jimin's blush grew across his face and to his ears, deepening in colour as he felt Namjoon's eyes on him. They weren't going to do anything, he silently promised in his head but the thought that they said the same thing when they took a bath together also crossed his mind and left trying not to laugh. Maybe they should promise not to do things more often, fun things happened when they said they wouldn't.

He pulled the hoodie up over his head before pulling off his pants. He didn't care about the fact that he was in his boxers but for the love of god, he was not sleeping in jeans.

"Ready?" He asked as he pulled at the strings of the hoodie. He knew that he said there wasn't a big difference between the two of them, but seeing it now, even the arms were longer, even the bottom of the sweater went above his knees.

"Hmm?"

"Ready for bed? cuddles, sleep... you know? Where does Rapmon sleep?" The little puppy ran into the room upon hearing his name, little pitter patters of his feet against the ground alerting the two of them before they even saw him.

"Um, it depends. Sometimes he sleeps with me, most of the time he sleeps on the couch or in his bed in the living room."

"And tonight?"

Namjoon hummed a little, looking down at his dog. "I think the living room. You're not used to sleeping with a dog, right?"

"No, don't do that for me. We can sleep with Rapmonnie. He probably misses you."

"He's a good boy. He can wait another night or so." He murmured as he snapped his fingers, whistling for a moment to get the puppy's attention before leading him back to the living room. Rapmon followed obediently.

There was only a minute or so when Jimin was alone and in that short amount of time, he had dived under the blankets of Namjoon's bed, curling his knees up while pulling one of the pillows to his chest. This was his bed now. Comfortable and cozy, warm under the heavy covers. He wasn't even sure if he would hear Namjoon come back into the room, hearing muffled by the blankets.

It smelled like Namjoon, reeked of his shampoo. Even hints of cologne were there but Namjoon never really wore things like that. Never wore cologne or perfumes but just his natural scent was beautiful. Ah, that sounded weird, it did. The thought was weird going through Jimin's mind but it was out there now and he couldn't get enough of it. Cuddling in the blankets... it was like being hugged by him even if it wasn't actually a hug.

Namjoon shut the bedroom door behind him, softly snickering at the sight of Jimin curled up under the blanket, only his blonde hair peeking out in stark contrast against the black blankets. How could one be so cute? The thought was such a common occurence in his head now that he had spent two uninterupted weeks with him and the thought was there before it, but seriously, it was odd how often Jimin was cute.

"Are you hiding from me?" His voice was soft and tender as he shuffled his feet against the tile and then to the carpet that was under his bed.

Jimin giggled a little as he peeked his head out from under the blanket, crescent eyes giving away his smile that was still hidden under the blanket. "No~"

"Then move over, share some blankets." Another soft chuckle left his lips as he pulled back the blanket and laid down beside him, the younger clinging to him like a baby octopus, arms wrapped around his own arm until he slipped it out and wrapped it around his back, pulling him close. "Are you tired?"

He shook his head lightly, resting his chin on Namjoon's shoulders. Their faces incredibly close and Jimin wouldn't deny the thought of possibly kissing him now.

"Me neither." Namjoon turned his head to look at him.

"So..."

"So."

"Sooooo..."

"Sooooo." Namjoon copied him, both wearing a small smile.

"What helps you sleep at night?"

"Hmm... that's a good question." He drew in a deep breath before blowing it out, looking up at the blank ceiling. He didn't sleep well. He rarely got the needed sleep for an adult, constantly working and once he did get time to rest and he couldn't actually fall asleep, he just went back to work. He was what you called a workaholic and a sort of insomniac. It wasn't due to a mental illness like anxiety or depression, just the need to be doing something instead of "wasting" life away with sleep. "I read sometimes. Other times I just think... wait until I fall asleep. What about you?"

Jimin rested his cheek against Namjoon's shoulder, threading his fingers with the other's. "Usually," He began, his voice quiet and barely above a whisper. "I just fall asleep. My days are so packed with no time to rest that I go to sleep immediately. No struggle at all. If I do have trouble, I usually put on some peaceful music. I tried taking this meditation class one time, a couple years ago, after I got out of the military. They worked on breathing and clearing your mind... it was so strange." He let out a small laugh. "I ended up sleeping through the entire third class and after that I was too embarrassed to go again so I stopped. It was-" He paused for a moment, searching for the right word to use. He didn't want to call it boring but that's exactly what it was. Meditation was boring to him. The teacher's voice was monotone and blended in with the running water music they had going and he just could not handle it, that's why he fell asleep. "It was so boring."

Namjoon let out a soft laugh. "I've never tried meditation or anything like that. I don't think I could handle it, sitting still for so long and doing nothing really..." He shook his head. "I couldn't handle that."

A small hand hit his chest and he tore his eyes away from the ceiling, suddenly wearing a smile as he was met with those beautiful crescent eyes that he hoped he would never not look into it. "I couldn't either! It's so boring! Sitting there... I could be doing so many other things. My day is too packed to take a moment and relax."

Well, was packed. Technically still is packed but at some point he wouldn't have that chaotic life he has now. He wasn't going to be chasing that dream of being an idol any longer. He was pursuing his dream of being with the love of his life and if that meant no longer having a life that kept him on his toes and instead becoming a stay at home husband or father, then that was what he would do. He wouldn't mind. Besides, he was getting a bit too old to keep up with the chaos of his twenties.

"I'm pretty sure no matter what job you have, your day will always be filled. You'll find anything to busy yourself... it's just the person you are. I remember, you used to always doodle on your notebook between classes or whenever you weren't doing work and I'm sure even when you weren't doing stuff you were probably schemeing your next plan or what were going to do after school." He let out another soft chuckle as he gently squeezed his husband close to him.

"Do you think I'll be bored once I quit my job?" Jimin mumbled, his vocie low, the sound that came when he was about to cry so Namjoon pressed a soft kiss to the top of his head.

"You don't have to quit you know. We could keep our lives the same and everything, only difference is we would be coming home to one another."

"No, it's different Joon. If I keep my at the dance studio and continue as a nameless trainee, I will get nowhere. If I were to debut with anyone or be accepted into a company, it would have happened by now. 28 is too old to debut."

"You don't look like you're 28 though."

Jimin lifted his head to look at him again. He let go of his hand and pressed his first finger against his lips. "Shh. Lemme finish. There are other reasons."

"Okay." Namjoon smiled behind his finger, pulling his hand from his face.

"Reason one: I would have debuted already so at this point, it's kind of just wasting my time if I keep waiting for some company person to choose me."

He didn't agree with that but he stayed quiet. In his eyes, Jimin would always be ready to debut if he wanted to. If a company would give him a chance and put up with his little bit of a bossy behaviour, they would have the ultimate idol right there. But he didn't say anything, agreeing to Jimin's "shh" for the moment.

"Reason two: if I were to keep up with the dance studio and whatnot, I would not have any time to see you at all. We would be together, maybe even live together but we wouldn't spend any time together. It would be like before we got married. A meeting once a week for dinner and maybe lunch but the only difference would be we sleep together at night and I'm sorry if that's enough for you, but it isn't for me... I want, no. I need to be loved the proper way. With time spent together. Dinners together, lunches together, breakfast- even if you have to stay at work and I come to see you; I want to spend that time with you and I know that my job, being at the studio waiting to be picked for something that likely will never happen will hold me back from that and I don't want to lose you, Namjoon. I want feel as in love with you tomorrow as I do today and every other day. I don't want our relationship to do what every other relationship does."

Namjoon didn't know what to say to that. In one way, he was touched to know that Jimin would give up something like that so selflessly, that he cared so much about their relationship that he would stop his life to pursue it together. But at the same time, he felt guilty that he was not giving up anything the way Jimin was, that his life would remain the same with an addition.

He gently rubbed Jimin's back to try and offer some comfort, waiting for the next reason because, knowing Jimin, there was definitely another reason. Jimin thought things through with several reasons for almost every life changing decision like this one was.

"Reason three: this isn't my life ending, it's a new life beginning. One where I'll be with you... happily with you, and possibly a little baby one day. But before that we move and I can easily furnish the house and put my time into that. It's not like life will stop. I'll pack my day with a bunch of things. Spending time with Monnie... maybe take up a drawing class or something.

"Reason four: I'll be honest, it's kind of similar to reason two, but I'm sick of waiting on other people to start my life. It's been my life for more than ten years... an entire decade. The only other dedication I've had to anything like that is you, so I think it's fair for me to want to move on from something like that."

"It'll be hard." Namjoon cut in.

"It'll be incredibly hard." Jimin smiled wide as he sat up, putting his weight on his elbow as he looked down at Namjoon. "But it's so freaking worth it to be together, Joonie-ah. Think about it, the likelihood of me being an idol or even a dancer or performer is so low. The peak of debuting is 18, 22 at most. I'm 28... 28. I'm old enough to let go of old dreams and pursue new ones. It seems childish to keep trying to achieve something that no one will let you so why would I push off another dream for one that is unachievable?"

"Am I the other dream?"

"We are the other dream. Us, together. That is the dream. My longest dream. Conjured up when I was like... 5."

"So quitting your job..."

"Ah, not quitting. Just... postponing. Just... it's not a job anymore. It's a hobby. I'll keep it as a hobby. I can dance wherever I want."

"Okay... keeping the hobby of dancing and pursuing another dream."

"Exactly." Jimin lightly hit Namjoon's chest out of excitement, his smile growing impossibly more. "The big picture is a family of my own with you in it."

Namjoon mirrored his smile, pulling him into his chest so he was on top of him. He wrapped his arms tightly around him, the younger laughing at how close they were. Several kisses were planted onto his blonde hair.

"I love you so much, did you know that? You're so caring it's not even funny. I've never met someone so caring before. And selfless."

Jimin wrapped his arms around Namjoon, clinging tightly to him.

"And so cute. And pretty... and beautiful. And I love you."

He wasn't going to complain about being called cute or pretty this time because right now, he believed those things.

"I love you too." He mumbled, putting his chin on Namjoon's chest as he looked at him.

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing you say that..."

"Do you want me to say it again?"

Namjoon nodded his head.

"I love you."

"One more time."

"I love you, Namjoon."

"Once more."

"I love you, Namjoonie."

He held up one finger, asking for one more time and Jimin let out a soft laugh.

"I love you, Joonie-ah." He mumbled.

Another smile formed on his face before he leaned in, craning his neck forward to gently place a kiss on Jimin's lips, the younger reciprocating it immediately. It lasted a few moments, soft lips against soft lips, eyes shut and hearts beating against each other. Chest to chest, arms wrapped around waists. When Namjoon pulled back, he whispered a soft "I love you" in return causing another laugh from Jimin.

"You're right. It does sound nice."

"There's only one thing I can think of that sounds better." Namjoon whispered and Jimin tilted his head. "What is it?"

"You'll never guess it."

"Give me a hint."

"It's something to do with you. A noise you make." He answered.

Jimin hummed softly, taking into consideration every noise he may have made in the entirety of his life. There was a lot and he knew this might take a moment so he rested his cheek against Namjoon's shirt. From the way they were laying, he could perfectly hear the soft beat of his heart, rthymically beating away. He was warm this way with the blankets covering his back and Namjoon's body under him, strong arms encasing him. It was securing.

He kept his one arm wrapped around his waist, bringing the other one up to the collar of Namjoon's shirt, lightly playing with it as he began to guess.

"My laugh?"

"Cold."

He let out a soft giggle, finding Namjoon's reply more playful than he expected this to be. "Hmm. Is it my voice?"

"Warmer... not hot though."

"Okay. Not anything gross right? Not like hiccups or something, right? That'd be weird."

"No, it's not your hiccups." He chuckled and Jimin could hear it in his chest, the sound warming his cheeks.

"I give up... what is it?"

"It's a sound I heard for the first time yesterday."

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed together as he directed his gaze from where he was playing with his shirt to Namjoon's eyes. A sound he only made once in front of Namjoon... was it a squeal? Did he squeal? He let out a little gasp at the thought of him possibly snoring, finding that more embarrassing than he'd admit. But then he realized, after going through yesterday's events, what his husband was talking about.

"Moan?" He asked, his heart stopping for a moment as he waited for his answer and when Namjoon nodded his head with a smirk, he couldn't help but lightly smack his chest again.

"You dirty... dirty mind." He scolded, ears turning red as he dived his face down into his chest again. It was safe there- safe against his chest. No need to look him in the eyes. He always thought his eyes were beautiful but the more intimate they became, the more intimidated he was by that gaze.

Notes:

ah i hope i'm not the only one who likes when they just.... talk-
even if it's bickering or morning coffee talks
i love both so much <3

also sorry it's been a bit ㅜㅜ
i've been playing in the seom- it's so much fun ㅜㅜ
i'm not good at these games but oui

anyways have a wonderful day/nightttt <333333

Chapter 36

Summary:

*throws holy water* you will need this ㅜㅜ
it's sweet tho i promise-
ㅜㅜ

 

 

...i'm dying by posting this btw ㅜㅜ

Notes:

um i dunno how they got in the bathroom, they just did-
go with it ig ㅜㅜ
say one got up and the other just followed i guess ㅜㅜ
enjoy i think? ;;

dis chapter is the longest so far ;;

skip to the next chapter if you don't want smuts ;;
i do double update today cause i can't just leave smut here ㅜㅜ

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Namjoon lifted Jimin onto the bathroom counter, cool granite meeting the heated skin of Jimin's thighs. Breathing uneven and hands pulling at Namjoon's shirt, unsteadily lifting from the bottom as fingertips spread across his skin, lightly tickling him but he was too focused on his husband's kiss to be distracted by that.

The younger's hands trailed back down his torso, stopping at the waistband of his pants and boxers. Namjoon broke the kiss hastily, his chest heaving as he tried to catch his breath, lust-driven eyes looking for Jimin's as if he were asking for permission when Jimin was the one attempting to take the makeout further.

"Please Joonie..." Jimin whispered, his lips gently kissing the corner of Namjoon's mouth. "Please." He sounded desperate again, longing for more than what they had already done.

"Are you sure?" He was still trying to catch his breath but he didn't want Jimin to regret this. He didn't want Jimin to be scared from not be prepared for actually having sex. A handjob is one thing but sex was a whole other playing field. It was a game that they were severely inexperienced with.

Jimin nodded his head quickly, fingertips gently diving pat the waistbands. Both hands coming to his lower back and pulling him in closer, his crotch pressed against Namjoon's like he was presenting how hard he was to him. He pulled back to look at him, eyes staring into Namjoon's as he grinded his hips forward slightly. "Joonie..."

"Don't call me that now." He chuckled softly, cupping the back of Jimin's neck as he pulled him into a kiss. That name was too innocent to be whispered during this.

He kissed him back eagerly as he pulled him in closer, devilish hands exploring more of Namjoon's bare skin under the security of his clothes.

Hungry lips against hungrier ones, Namjoon's tongue delved into his lover's mouth as he deepened it. His fingers mindlessly curled into Jimin's hair, keeping him there for him to kiss because the mere thought of seeing what Jimin was about to do without the distraction of kissing was lethal to him.

Those devilish fingers found their way to Namjoon's erection, both letting out a soft gasp upon the faintest touch. "Fuck..." Namjoon muttered against Jimin's lips and the younger grinned from ear to ear. He had never heard something so sinfully sweet or tempting.

"I wanna try something."

The statement was so vague and mixed with a hazy mind full of lustful thoughts, millions of things came into his head. They were both inexperienced enough for that to mean anything in the world.

"What?" Namjoon murmured, his voice low. He cleared his throat, Jimin pushing him back and in one swift motion, he was on the ground in front of him. "I've never done this before."

"What is it?" He asked again as he looked down at his husband on his knees, fingertips pulling down his bottoms until he could feel the cold air hit his feverish skin.

Jimin's eyes were curious but dark with lust. He stared for a moment before he reached his hand out and gently grabbed his cock. Namjoon swallowed as he watched him, leaning back against the counter, his hands bracing himself there.

"I just wanna try it..." He mumbled as he leaned in and softly kissed the tip. The feeling sent shivers down Namjoon's spine, the urge to push his hips forward but he didn't, having some sort of silly strength over his own urges.

He let out a soft grunt through his nose as he felt Jimin's wet tongue against his skin, the younger's eyes fluttering up to lock with his as he continued that play, gently licking curiously until his entire cock was a slippery thing and Jimin's drool was smeared across his face. Maybe inexperience made it more messy but something about the look in Jimin's eyes, so focused on discovering this new "thing", with his mouth a mess and everything; it was hot. He was hot.

These minutes were quiet, heavy breaths filling the silence between them as Jimin continued to pleasure him, teasing and teasing with his tongue without ever taking him into his mouth and Namjoon was struggling with it. His knuckles white as he drew in a ragged breath, his skin hot and feverish.

Jimin giggled a little as he caught how quickly Namjoon was falling apart just from a few small flicks of his tongue. It made him feel good knowing he could pleasure him so well. "Does it feel good?" His voice was just as playful as the look in his eyes, once so innocent but now so teasing.

Namjoon's tongue flicked out across his bottom lip, wetting it as he stared down at him. A small nod only made Jimin feel more confident, knowing the other was either breathless and unable to answer or loving it so much he couldn't think; either way, it meant something good.

He wrapped his pretty pink lips around his tip before he finally taking him into his mouth. Not too far, just until he felt his husband's cock stuffing his mouth and his eyes closed at the unfamiliar and bitter taste of come.

Namjoon had moaned a sigh of relief, hands holding on tight to the counter, tighter than before as he came in his mouth, unable to hold it back any longer. He so badly wanted to thread his fingers into Jimin's hair, pushing his mouth as close to him as he could get, diving his cock deeper into his mouth but he didn't. He held himself back, looking down at Jimin who was desperately trying to swallow around him but it was weird. Swallowing with a cock shoved in your mouth was so strange, hot but strange... The taste was bitter but somehow it was the best thing he had ever tasted.

Jimin let out a soft grunt as he felt Namjoon push his hips forward slightly before completely pull out of his mouth, a string of saliva connecting his husband's cock to his lips. He spit out what little come was left in his mouth, it dripping down his chin and Namjoon let out another painful groan, muttering one word, "Fuck."

That word, the way he muttered it did something to Jimin, made his poor cock twitch in his pants. His ears turned red as he grew embarrassed, realizing what he'd done and how fun it was to do. "Sorry..." He murmured under his breath causing Namjoon to let out a breathless laugh and for the first time in about ten minutes, he let go of the counter. "What are you apologizing for? That was... wow."

More blushing and Jimin stood up from the floor at the compliment. At least he thuoght it was compliment, he could be wrong but wow seemed like a good word after that. "You liked it?"

Namjoon just smiled, gently cupping Jimin's cheek before wiping the come off of his chin and in a swift motion he pushed it his thumb into Jimin's mouth. "You look good like this."

Jimin coughed after swallowing around his thumb, pulling his head back. "Joon... don't say that." He blushed softly as he gently hit his husband's chest.

"Why can't I say it?" He slipped his hand to Jimin's waist, pulling him in close by his hips. He gently grinded his hips forward and Jimin couldn't help but groan. "Did you just..." he whispered. "Do you want more?"

"Do you want to go further?" Namjoon mumbled, his voice softer than before and eyes more tender. He gently rubbed his thumb against Jimin's skin, hiking his shirt up just a little.

That question made him nervous, had Jimin swallowing hard and hands coming up to Namjoon's chest to steady himself. He wanted to do more, wanted to take it further...

He nodded his head softly and Namjoon was pulled him in closer, kissing his lips softly with a gentle hand coming up to cup his cheek. He picked up Jimin then, shaking off his pants that were at his ankles before he carefully carried him to the bed. He set him on the edge of the bed, pulling his shirt off of him.

"Not so many hickeys this time, please? I have to go to work tomorrow." Jimin bit his lip, Namjoon smirking at his request. "Why? I like kissing you... I want to love every part of you." He murmured, leaning down to press tender kisses to Jimin's neck.

"You can do that without marks." He whispered, covering his eyes with his arm to hide his embarrassment as he felt Namjoon smirk against his skin. "I want others to see... how much I love you."

"No one will know they're from you."

"I will know." He pulled away from his neck, moving his arm from his eyes so he could see him. "I will know, darling, and that's all that matters."

Jimin wasn't sure if it was the tone of his voice or the look in his eyes but he couldn't help but become bashful. Namjoon wanted people to know that he loved him, wanted to leave hickeys on his skin that everyone could see. There was something about that that had him straining against his shorts.

"Touch me, please." He murmured, lifting his hips up from the bed to grind against him.

Namjoon let out a soft chuckle as he pressed another kiss against his lips, pulling back a moment after. He carefully tugged off Jimin's pants, tossing them to the side and suddenly he was very, very naked. At least the night before he had had the coverage of dissipating bubbles in the bath, but this was bare... bare and exposed.

Another wave of heat coursed through his body leading straight to his cock and instead of straining against cloth, it twitched there against his stomach, red, hot and dripping, begging to be attended to.

"Have you ever..." His husband's voice trailed off, eyes traveling down his body causing a welcomed discomfort to cover him. He didn't want to hide, letting Namjoon take him in.

Jimin shook his head, knowing what hew as going to ask without it needing to be said; have you ever touched down there? It was such an invasive question, one that had his skin burning and he swore to God if he could stop blushing, he would.

Namjoon nodded after he answered, laughing a little just out of nerves. "Well, I've never either, so this should be new."

"Do you know what you're doing?" He propped himself up on his elbows, suddenly feeling nervous.

"I saw a few things."

"When?"

"Videos..."

Jimin narrowed his eyes at him, "You lied to me... ah, what am I supposed to do?"

"Hey, I didn't lie." Namjoon promised, turning around toward his dresser. He pulled off his own shirt, discarding the last piece of clothing either of them had on before he dug through the top drawer, pulling out a bottle of something.

Jimin had sat up completely now, still holding onto that embarrassment as he knew he was still hard and he felt like this was going to die out. That the heated moment was just fading and his body was still excited.

But Namjoon joined him there on the bed, sitting across from him at the head of the bed. He sat down the bottle and that's when he was able to read the word "lubricant" and a moment later, his face was red and hands were covering his member.

"I don't want you to be scared... or anything. If, If it hurts or you want me to stop, just say so. I'll stop immediately, I promise." The playful sound he had in his voice before was gone now and Jimin nodded his head. "Okay."

"Um..."

"Why do you have that?" He pointed to the bottle and now it was Namjoon's turn to blush. "Well, you, um. You can use this by yourself too..."

Jimin hadn't even thought of that. He usually just used lotion but the thought of lube seemed more convenient and yet again, he felt like he had been doing something else wrong; first his nightly routine and now how he got off.

"Condom?"

"I have some." Namjoon reached for his nightstand drawer, digging through it after he opened the thing.

"We don't have to, I mean... I'm clean." He cut in and Namjoon agreed, "Me too."

"No condom then. I heard it feels nicer." Jimin whispered in admission, eyes on the bed instead of Namjoon. Why did he have to be so nervous now? He truly felt like an inexperienced virgin.

Namjoon stopped looking for the unopened box he had prepared just in case for about a month or so. He didn't know why he had bought it because he never had anyone at his apartment to use them with and that's why they remained unopened and hidden away in a drawer. "Who did you hear that from?" He laughed a little as he turned back to him.

"Places..." He mumbled. "I have also seen a few videos and it looks more enjoyable when they're not, um... wearing them."

Another small laugh accompanied with a nod and he picked up the lubricant. "Do you want to see it first?" He didn't have plans on letting Jimin do this alone, he fully planned to help him through every step but he figured it would be smart to let him see it, maybe even feel it beforehand.

He nodded his head and held his hand out, Namjoon giving it to him.

The younger popped open the lid, embarrassment burning into curiosity as he saw the clear gel-like liquid pearl out of the top. He squeezed a little onto his other hand, leaving himself fully exposed again as he rubbed it into his palm, letting out a small breath.

"It's interesting right? Warm at first but then cooler... the temperatures don't last long, especially when you're..." Namjoon nodded his head then, unable to actually say what he meant, finishing with an almost inaudible "yeah" whispered under his breath.

Jimin looked up at him, nodded his head in understanding. "Okay."

A moment passed where Jimin just continued to examine the gel in his hand. He was surprised that it wasn't very sticky, more like lotion than he had expected as it seeped into his skin making it soft and smooth. Namjoon just watched with careful eyes. They both were inexperienced. They both only knew what to do from videos but neither had done anything to themselves or each other so there was a barrier that was holding them back from going crazy with passion like they had seen in movies, a barrier that they were teettering on the top of, and namjoon knew that he had to be the one to guide them down the side of inexpierence. He felt responsible for Jimin, felt as though he should be the one to help him through this.

Jimin was embarrassed by his touch, face red the entire time they were in the bath tub the day before and his ears turned that familiar red even when they kissed, but when he was on his knees before Namjoon, kissing and pleasuring him, he was fine for the most part but something told Namjoon that he would be the one to take charge, be the more "dominant" one in this sense. He couldn't see it, couldn't picture himself in that role though. Not in a powerful role, maybe more nurturing and guiding. He knew Jimin could be more assertive, more bossy but the younger seemed completely different in the bedroom now. He could be wrong but Jimin didn't seem like the type to... "dominate".

Another moment and Namjoon gently reached his hand out, taking the bottle from him before asking, "Can I touch you?" He was going to ask along the way, ask if everything he did was okay, make sure Jimin was fine with what was happening. He didn't want to scare him, hurt him, destroy what they had by doing this and in a sense he was scared that it would but at the same time, he had faith that this would just make them stronger.

Jimin wasn't jumpy. He didn't even hesitate as he nodded his head to answer, "Mhm... just be, be careful, okay?"

"Of course, darling. I'll never, I would never hurt you." Namjoon leaned in and kissed Jimin's forehead, giving him a reassuring smile. "Will you lean back?"

"Back?" Jimin asked, looking behind him as if there were something there. He was nervous. He was so freaking nervous. He was about to become even more exposed, he couldn't just cover himself with his hand either. "Missionary?"

Such a technical term, it made Namjoon's blush a little but he nodded his head. "I guess so."

"Don't... Don't look, okay? It's embarrassing when you look, Joon..." He whispered as he leaned back on the bed, on top of the covers and everything. Maybe they should have stripped the bed down to the sheets...

Namjoon couldn't promise not to look, Jimin was beautiful, every part of him that he had seen so it was hard not to look. He could only nod his head faintly in answer and whisper an "okay".

He carefully rested his hand on Jimin's knee, the boy having his knees closed and body almost completely closed off. "You have to open your legs," He said, gently guiding his hand between Jimin's thighs until his legs were spread open. Jimin's face was red again and he had to cover his eyes with his hand; too embarrassing...

His husband leaned down, eyes trailing up Jimin's skin to watch his face as he pressed a kiss to his inner thigh to help him relax. He wasn't going to ask for now but he was watching Jimin's face or at least his arm, making sure what he did was okay. He left a trail of kisses down his thigh, stopping as he neared his erection. He looked at him for one more moment before he grabbed the lubricant, and spread some over Jimin's skin, the smaller gasping at the warm contact of the gel.

Jimin bit his lip, keeping himself quiet as he felt his Namjoon's hands touch his cock. Gasping; he wished so badly he could gasp at the feeling of Namjoon's warm hand against his erection, confused by why he was being touched there when he was anticipating a whole other place.

He shifted his arm, looking down at his husband through his bangs. He watched as Namjoon kissed along his cock a few times, teasing and playing with him freely as he spread lube across his tight hole. Jimin's cock twitched against Namjoon's lips and he began to suck on his bottom lip softly.

A moment passed and Namjoon continued to kiss his cock, sucking at certain parts. He ha done hand gently stroking Jimin while the other massaged over him. He kissed down his thigh, lightly biting and grazing his teeth, leaving small hickeys across his thighs. If he couldn't leave them in a noticable place then he would leave them everywhere a piece of clothing could hide. Jimin's skin was so smooth under his touch, he couldn't get enough.

He left his head, eyes locking with Jimin's and he smirked a little, growing more confident. "Are you okay?" The question was merely a distraction, tenderly squeezing his cock a little as he pushed his forefinger into him, a smooth but slow motion and this time Jimin couldn't hold back the gasp. Letting go of his bottom lip, his chest tightened. It felt so odd being there, being where something shouldn't but that odd feeling, it didn't feel so bad.

"Ah..." He swallowed hard, taking a deep breath to work through the odd feeling, each breath he took, he squeezed around Namjoon's finger.

Namjoon hadn't moved at all, watching as Jimin's face scrunched from one of discomfort to calm again. "Are you okay?" he asked again. It wasn't a distraction this time, he was concerned, scared he had hurt him, taken this too far, done something wrong. It was just one thing but he was worried.

Jimin nodded his head, pushing a smile. "Yeah... just, slow. Go slow..." His voice was a little high almost like he was about to whimper.

He nodded his head and pressed another kiss to Jimin's thigh. "Slowly." He promised as he pushed his finger all the way in, past the tightness. He carefully moved it out and then in, Jimin's face contorting to discomfort again so he gently continued to stroke his cock.

It was a game of distractions, how long or what worked the best to distract Jimin from the discomfort of something like this. Namjoon hoped this turned into something more pleasurable or they'd have to stop at some point. He didn't want to just have him uncomfortablet the entire time. That wasn't fair.

After a few minutes or so, he pushed in a second finger, Jimin taking it easier than the first. It felt like things were painstakingly slow, as if time wasn't moving fast enough. His cock was hard against his stomach, leaking precome against his skin. Having his cock so hard for so long, it made him uncomfortable and needy.

"Please... do something." He whined softly, toes curling into the bed as he let out a groan.

"What?"

"You're going to slow. I don't think I've ever had a hard-on for this long before." His voice was desperate again but Namjoon was nervous. Nervous it was too soon. He wouldn't brag but he was a decent size, much bigger than two fingers... he needed at least another finger, he needed to work at him. He couldn't just... no. He couldn't do that.

"Just a little longer baby. I don't want you to get hurt." He murmured, pushing another finger in.

Jimin's cock twitched against his stomach, Namjoon keeping his hand wrapped around his tip. He pumped him slowly, too slowly but at least there was some sort of pleasure.

He continued to move his fingers in him, curling them up as he played around. He wasn't trying to get him to come, just trying to hold him off until they were to do something. The thought that maybe they shouldn't be doing this now, that it was too soon... they should wait, become more prepared crossed his mind and sat there but Namjoon's hands were moving on their own.

Jimin didn't seem uncomfortable anymore though, he seemed needy.

"Are you okay?" He asked again and Jimin nodded his head quickly. "Yes. Please-"

Jimin got so desperate when he was close and Namjoon only knew this from the way he was tight around his fingers and the look in his eyes, so teary...

"Okay." Namjoon whispered, pulling his hands away from him and Jimin whimpered as he suddenly felt empty, the lube feeling colder than before.

He knelt between his legs, pulling him close by his thighs. He reached for the lubricant first, pouring some onto his own erection which was harder now at the thought of actually having sex with him. He spread it over himself, eyes taking in Jimin below him.

His husband really was beautiful. The blush that somehow spread across his upper body, the hickeys he had left from before mixing with the ones he had just placed, hard cock straining there against nothing. He was beautiful... hot, sexy, but so beautiful and he knew it would be cheesey but he had to say it. "You look beautiful..."

Jimin groaned softly and he had to cover his face with his hands. "Joon."

"Sorry," Namjoon chuckled as he leaned down, hovering above Jimin with his arm supporting him. . "Do you want to stay like this?"

"How else should we..."

"There are other positions... I want you to be comfortable. I don't know if this will be comfortable for you."

"Are you getting tired of kneeling or something?" Jimin teased a little as he peeked at him through his fingers, Namjoon's face being closer than he expected.

"Of course not. I just want you to... feel good." He murmured, his voice trailing off. He didn't seem as confident now, like he was more nervous than Jimin was.

Jimin smiled a little, cupping Namjoon's face as he pulled him into a small kiss. "I'll be fine." He promised and Namjoon shared his smile, leaning in to kiss him again. He pulled his bottom lip into his mouth and Jimin giggled a little, kissing him back deeper than before.

Namjoon reached his other hand down and pulled away only briefly, tilting his head down as he guided his cock into Jimin, grunting softly before he sighed at the tight feeling. Jimin continued to kiss him, down his chin and to his neck, stopping once he felt Namjoon push into him slowly, a groan slipping past his lips as he dug his nails into his back, pulling him close. "Slow... please."

It was already going slow, barely moving at all so he stopped completely and took Jimin's chin, guiding him into another deep kiss. From the sting in his back at how tightly Jimin was holding him and the squeeze around his cock, while so pleasurable it hurt a bit. It must have hurt him and he was scared that it would be too much so he would stay like this, still and hovering over him until Jimin said it was okay, until Jimin relaxed.

Namjoon kissed him harder, bottom lip between his teeth as he nibbled and sucked, trying his best not to think about how heavenly it felt like this. He wanted so badly to move his hips, the need growing in the pit of his stomach but he held himself back until Jimin had relaxed, the younger kissing him back just as hard and a minute after he was gently moving his hips, Namjoon slowly easing all of himself into Jimin until they both were muttering curses into one another's mouths.

"Fuck... it feels so good." His voice was low in his chest, eyes shut as Jimin continued to kiss him, leaving a few of his own love-bites on his neck. He hooked his arms around Namjoon's neck and then his legs around his waist as he thrusted for the first time. It hurt, burned a little even with the lube but it was starting to feel pleasurable.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon asked as he realized he hadn't asked yet, pulling back from the kisses to look him in the eye. Jimin nodded his head quickly and hid his face in his chest, chin rested on his shoulder. "Slowly, Joonie." He whispered, his voice high like he was about to whimper or cry. Namjoon wasn't sure but now he wished they had chose a different position, one where he could hold him better and closer.

He thrusted his hips again, slower like Jimin had requested but it was difficult. He was excited literally and physically. The fact that they were doing this... it was fulfilling a fantasy that neither of them even knew they had before, until now.

Sure, Jimin had felt excited, even wanted to have sex the first night of their honeymoon but he never said anything about it, never acted on those urges and when he did say anything, he felt embarrassed. When he was younger, fresh out of high school, it was the first month or so that he hadn't seen Namjoon every single day, he started to have sexual dreams about him, ones he would never admit to but now this was happening.

He felt oddly whole, slightly stiff and not completely relaxed but whole and loved. Namjoon was being so careful, asking too often if he was okay, paining himself with the slow pace they had for the comfort of Jimin and something about that made him feel even more loved, cherished... enjoyed.

Jimin had relaxed against the bed, pulling him close as he kissed him deeply again. He couldn't get enough of him, couldn't get enough of his kisses, couldn't get enough of the feeling of being held so close.

Namjoon reciprocated the kiss, gently moving his hips after Jimin had whispered an almost inaudible "okay".

It was tight and Jimin could still feel a little stinging pain that was irritating but the feeling of Namjoon's lips against his, soft, plump, loving, it dulled it. His husband rolled his hips steadily, the need growing between them and it showed in the way Jimin pulled slipped his tongue into his mouth, swirling it in a lewd way like he had when he had his cock in his mouth; teasingly but full of want.

He wanted Namjoon, needed him to reach unknown places not even explored by him, himself. His arms were wrapped around his torso again, pulling him up and close to his chest. His fingers curling into his husband's damp hair. He must be tired... they were supposed to be sleeping after the long day of travelling and emotions. He had to be exhausted but that didn't diminish the way his body moved against Jimin's, the way his lips were just as hungry. His body moved with lust and love, passion filling every moan muttered into his husband's mouth.

This was better than he expected, the feeling of his husband's cock thrusting into him, brushing past the most sensitive part of his body he had ever felt and he could feel a tingle run down his spine every time he got close.

His cock was pressed hard between their stomachs, every movement barely stroking him but he could barely hold on any longer, barely hold himself back from coming like this.

"Namjoon... joon," he moaned as he broke the kiss, nuzzling his nose into his neck, lips swollen and wet from kissing. Namjoon did the same, pushing his nose into his neck but the only difference was he continued to kiss, nibble... bite his skin. His pace was slow and passionate, curling his body into him with fluid movements and with each thrust, Jimin felt his stomach twist further into a tight knot.

"Joon, please." His voice was almost inaudible, only able to hear the whine against the soft slap of skin against skin. He wasn't even sure why he was pleading, wasn't sure what he wanted at all. Namjoon being so deep in him, so close together while never breaking a the connection between them. The thought of it, how much Namjoon loved him, loved him enough to kiss him through the light pain of inexperience.

He had never thought about what it would be like with Namjoon, never thought he would be beneath him writhing with pleasure that coarsed steadily through his body. He never thought that they would be close like this. He never thought Namjoon would love him this way even when he was younger. His view of love was gifts and hugs and kisses on the head or cheek but Namjoon was always different. Namjoon always loved him in a special way that no one else would or could and the same thing applied here; Namjoon was the only one who could love him this way.

Jimin swallowed hard as his husband picked up the pace, responding to his pleads. The squelch of the lube mixed with his rapid pace, heated and needy, filled the room. He pulled back from his neck, tearing their chests apart as he held himself up over him, hands clawing at the black blanket beneath them. His jaw was slacked and eyes shut like he was pulling himself together, holding on as much as possible. He looked like he was in the purest pleasure possible, the same look Namjoon had given him in the bathroom before.

"You're so beautiful, darling." he murmured, his voice quiet against every other sound they were making. The praise was soft and Jimin wouldn't think anything of it. Namjoon always praised him, always complimented him even in his worst moments so this was no different, only it was. This was different, him murmuring something so sweet to him in this moment, it made him blush, his cheeks flaring red to mix with the already lustful fever that had a hold on his body.

"I love you... so pretty, so good." He whispered more, his words slurring together accompanied by soft moans.

Jimin wanted to complain, he really did but he liked it. He liked hearing how special he was, how good he was like this. He'd never done this before so it gave him a boost of confidence, granted a lot of it ran straight through his mind and to his leaking erection but that didn't matter. "Namjoon." He moaned softly and Namjoon smirked, the sound of his sweet voice was so nice.

"Namjoon," he repeated. His voice was a bit clearer but his eyes were barely open. He could feel himself so close to coming undone, the coil in his stomach from all of the pleasure about to break or unwind. He wasn't sure how to understand it at all.

His back arched softly off of the bed, lifting his hips closer to Namjoon, his body asking for more of him. His heels pushed and shoulders squared into the bed, a ragged moan or scream - he wasn't sure which one - ripped from his throat as he came hard between them. His cock spilling out every white drop without one spared, spread out onto his stomach.

Namjoon stilled at the sound, a slight fear slipping in at the sound. He stopped moving completely as he watched Jimin beneath him. "Are you okay?" He whispered, lifting one hand from the bed as he pushed back Jimin's sweaty blonde hair from his forehead.

Jimin's lips stayed open, heavy breaths mixing with Namjoon's in the air between them and he asked the question again, "Are you okay?"

The younger faintly nodded his head, bringing his hand up to his head where Namjoon's was as he asked again. Such a caring question at a time like this... when he made such a lewd noise... he was embarrassed again. Embarrassed that he just- "I came." he murmured as if he were processing it and Namjoon couldn't help but let out a relieved laugh finding his words both funny and reassuring. "Did you...?"

He shook his head, peppering his face with soft kisses. "Don't worry... I'll be okay." He assured him as he pulled away from him, careful as he pulled out.

"No, Joon..." He whined softly not because he felt cold now or that he felt alone but because he didn't want to leave him with blueballs again. That wasn't fair at all. "Please." He wore a small pout as he looked up at Namjoon who was sitting back against the headboard. The two of them were sweaty and breathed heavily in the same rhythm.

"What're you begging for?" Namjoon chuckled, a smile on his face again as he stared back down at him. He was cute again with that look in his eyes and that whine in his voice. Cute but hot as he lay there naked... definitely hot.

Jimin sat himself up, a small uncomfortable pain being there but it was hidden mainly by adrenaline. "I... I want you to come. I don't want to leave you again."

"Leave me?" He raised an eyebrow as he leaned forward, lowering his head so he looked him in the eye. "What do you mean? You're not going anywhere."

"No." The younger sighed, feeling frustrated by the word he so badly did not want to say. He didn't want to say anything sexual which was so hard in this situation and as a 28 year old he should be able to say it but when he was with Namjoon... as comfortable as he felt, he was shy about it. "I don't want to leave you hanging again..." He whispered, eyes darting down to Namjoon's erection before he locked with his. "You know.. what I mean."

Namjoon chuckled again, his voice playful. "You want a second round then? Huh? I'm up for it." He cracked his knuckles like they were about to play some sort of baseball game or something. "Want to try a new position?"

"When you put it like that-" Jimin whined again as he slumped forward. "You make it sound weird..."

"How about we just lay down and get some rest?"

"Rest?" He asked, lifting his head to look up at him. "But you... Joonie-ah." He sighed again. He sat up and closed the space between them, wrapping his arms around Namjoon. "Please, lemme help you. You made me feel so good..."

"And I felt good too." Namjoon added as he wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him into his lap.

"But..."

"No buts. I had fun. Did you?"

Jimin nodded, leaning his cheek against his shoulder as he looked towards the mirror on the dresser, the scene of them together reflected back to him. They looked a mess. His hair matted in the back due to sweat that they both shared, come spread across both of their stomachs that peeked through the cage of Namjoon's arms he was wrapped in and lazy smiles they both wore as if they were tired but full of energy and love at the same time.

"One more time... I want to make love one more time." He decided in a quiet mumble, pulling back to look him in the eye. "Okay?"

Namjoon's smile grew a bit, "One more time."

Jimin nodded his head again. "And then after we clean up... I already feel sticky."

"That's probably the mess you made on your stomach." He glanced down and Jimin's cheeks burned with heat. He gently smacked his shoulder. "Shh... just kiss me." He leaned closer to him, straddling Namjoon's lap as he sat up. He kissed his lips deeply, that desire back between them like they hadn't stopped to talk between.

His hands found their way to his hips, holding his soft curves as he guided him down onto his still prominent erection, not breaking the kiss. He tenderly rubbed his thumbs over his skin as he felt Jimin's breath hitch in his throat. "It's okay." He murmured into the kiss.

Jimin let out a small sigh, his husband filling him up completely once more and the feeling was almost euphoric. It sent a shiver down his spine that made him shudder against him, lightly gripping his shoulders. "I'm okay. I'm okay..." He didn't want Namjoon to worry about him the entire time, he just wanted to make sure he was having fun.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded his head again, kissing his lips softly once more. He pulled back and leaned in to whisper in his ear, "I promise, just want you to feel good."

Namjoon's throat tightened at the sound of his voice, a whisper, innocent but so lewd at the same time. He pushed his heels into the bed, excitedly thrusting up into him.

Jimin let out a small whimper at the sudden snap of his hips, holding onto him a bit tighter as if he were going to fall or something. He knew he wouldn't, Namjoon wouldn't let him, not with the grip he had on his hips. He leaned his head against his shoulder, whimpering softly with each thrust. All he could feel was the pleasure and even with no erection, he still felt so good.

He pulled him in closer, curling and grinding his hips against his thrusts. He could barely conjour a straight thought, everything focused on the way Namjoon was making him feel. The way his lips were against his neck, sucking those hickeys onto his skin again. He'd complain about it again but it was a lost cause really; he would just have to find something to cover it tomorrow.

Namjoon groaned softly as he felt Jimin squeeze tight around him, the younger grasping at his back again. He couldn't help the way his nails dug into his skin. He needed to hold on to him, needed to pull him impossibly closer.

"I love you." He kissed his lips again, eyes shut and lips parted. "I love you, Joon..." He moaned softly.

"I love you," His husband murmured, wrapping his arms around his waist as he caged him in again, snapping his hips quicker and with more need than before.

Jimin's lips stayed open as he let out a silent moan, holding on to his shoulder. A dry orgasm rippled through his body, muscles tightening and he had gone quiet for a moment before sighing harshly.

"Fuck." Namjoon muttered as his hips stalled moments after. He held him tighter, so much tighter, sweaty chest against sweaty chesst and Jimin's sticky come that had spread across his stomach was now connecting them in such a disgusting way but their minds were up in the air, riding the high of such an euphoric feeling.

A few minutes passed, both of them limp against each other as their chests heaved. Once again they were out of breathe and trying to catch it together. Their bodies sweaty and sticky with lubricant and come, hickeys sporadically placed over their skin left by one another.

Jimin was the first to say anything, pulling back hesitantly. He was scared that immediately after everything ti was going to be painful or something. He had heard and read stories about things like this, about how some people felt intense paining, numbing pain, horrid pain and he was dreading it even in anticipation. His voice was quiet, nothing above a whisper. "Are you okay?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Namjoon had chuckled a little, loosening his arms around him. "Are you okay? You're not hurt right... these don't hurt?" he gently trailed his fingers over the hickeys left on Jimin's neck, now turning purple-ish. They looked like bad bruises and it left an uneasy feeling in Namjoon's stomach; Jimin shouldn't ever have bruises on him.

"Pfft." Jimin laughed softly, leaning into him again. His forehead rested against his collarbone. "I'm good. Very good. Full of energy."

"After all that?"

"Mhm, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight." He nodded his head faintly.

"We need to clean up before we try to sleep though... I think it's going to be a bit of a process." Namjoon whispered.

"Not another bath-"

"Not another bath." He chuckled again and kissed Jimin's head. "You can shower first or if you want me to help~" He whispered in his ear and a blush was back again.

"No... I'll be okay." He pulled back from him, looking him in the eyes. "Just promise me breakfast in bed tomorrow."

"Breakfast in bed?"

He nodded his head again and a smile spread across Namjoon's face, lighting his now tired eyes. "Fine. Deal."

"No, that's not right. You have to promise... say, I promise."

"I promise."

"Cross your heart?"

"Cross my heart."

Notes:

AHHH OKAY
I HOPE YOU NEJOYED??
i think this was halfway decent ;;
i'm sorry if it's bad tho-
anyways next chapter flash back fluff cause we need it ㅜㅜ

Chapter 37

Summary:

fluff for all of us cause it's needed ㅜㅜ

aka their first wedding-

Notes:

thank you for 100 kudos ㅜㅜ
it means a lot <3333

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"Dum, dum du-dum, dum, dum du-dum..." Jimin continued to sing the classic wedding march, red marker coloured on his cheeks and his lips as makeup with blue "eye shadow" on his eyelids and a long, baggy shirt that went down past his feet.

A few feet away stood Namjoon who had one of his father's ties around his neck, not tied at all but looped in a fashion to try and mimic a tie. He even had marker on his face, a red badly-shaped heart on his cheek. He didn't look up when he he heard Jimin, too preoccupied with trying to keep his sleeves up past his wrists; he hated how baggy the shirt was. His wasn't as bad as Jimin but it was still too big for him.

"Dum, dum du-dum, dum, dum du-dum." The younger continued to sing until he stood in front of his best friend, bearing a giant smile and at four, it contained most of his face. "Joonie."

The nickname had Namjoon torn away from the fight with his sleeves, looking up at the younger. He burst out into giggles when he saw Jimin's face covered in marker, cover his mouth with his hands.

"What'd you do?" He finally asked, still laughing and Jimin giggled in return. "I wanna look pretty."

"Oooo...." He hummed, accepting the answer with little thought. His makeup was pretty good.

They were in Jimin's backyard, his mother in the kitchen and not exactly watching on them but they knew better than to pass the fence. Earlier that day, when she was babysitting the two of them, she had been watching one very spectacular show - one of Jimin's absolute favourites - and it was the last episode, his favourite episode too. The one where the two got married and kissed and hugged and there was bubbles.

That's how they ended up here in the backyard dressed up for their "wedding day". It was an exact replica to the one in the tv show, at least Jimin thought so. He worked hard to find the little stool so that way Joon could be taller than him and he even saved up part of his snack to share with Joon when for their dinner together and pipecleaners bent into circles for their rings. It wasn't anything big at all but it was exactly the same, he swore.

"Ahem." He cleared his throat like the ordainer had in the show. "Do you take me to be your wife for a long, long, really long time?"

Namjoon nodded his head, a smile making his dimples pop, the heart overlapping one of them. "Mhm!"

"Oh and you gotta love me." he added quickly.

"Ew..." Joon's nose scrunched in disgust.

"Joon-ah... please~" Jimin whined softly, pouting for a moment before Namjoon agreed and once he did, Jimin was all smiles again.

"Okay, do I take you to be my husband blah blah blah, long long time, love and stuff? I do." He rushed through his words.

"You may now kiss the bride." He puckered his lips and Namjoon cringed again, leaning in to kiss his friend's cheek instead and that was enough to make him happy.

Jimin jumped up a little after his cheek was kissed, giggling like the little kid he was. "Okay, okay! Now the rings!" He pat the pockets of his shorts that were under the shirt, searching for them before he pulled them out happily. "You first."

"Me?" Joon asked, taking the yellow pipecleaner from him before he slipped it onto his own finger. "Your turn."

Jimin did the same before exclaiming, "Now we're married! We havta eat dinner now." He quickly took Namjoon's hand dragging him to the little patch of cardboard he had set out. It had two empty cups and a bowl with some crackers he had put out.

He pulled the shirt up to his waist before plopping down onto the grass, Namjoon sitting across from him. "Enjoy! It's a um, crumble-lay." Neither of them were sure what a crumble-lay was but it sounded good and Jimin had seen it on tv so it must have been decent.

"Mmm." Namjoon nodded his head, picking up one of the crackers before he took a small bite, crumbles falling onto his shirt. "It's so good, Min."

Jimin nodded his head and stuffed two whole crackers in his mouth, one in each cheek before he crunched down on them.

Notes:

i hope you enjoyed~!!
they're very cute though, right? ah, one would be so lucky to have such a lovely wedding hehe

Chapter 38

Summary:

breakfast in bed~~~

Notes:

i may be wrong but i think it's been a bit since i've updated ;;

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Namjoon had woken up early in the morning, Jimin clinging to his waist like a baby koala and his clinginess could only make him smile warmly. He gently played with his hair for a moment, running his fingers through his hair before he realized what he promised last night; breakfast in bed. He had to make breakfast before Jimin woke up which was fine, he could certainly make something but the big task at hand was trying to untangle himself from Jimin. It was something he struggled with even when they were kids because he had always clung to him like he depended on his warmth or something.

He carefully shuffled around in bed, taking Jimin's arm from around his stomach and he gave it back to him but sleeping Jimin was quick and wrapped his arm around him again, a quiet grunt coming from him in retaliation. "Honey, please." His was voice quieter than a whisper as he untangled his arm and this time Jimin pulled it into his chest, complying long enough for him to slip completely out of bed. He nearly fell to the ground when his foot got caught in the sheet though, and not so gracefully, he twisted around on one foot, successfully getting out of the contraption.

He smiled prouldy as he stood there, surprised he didn't completely fall to the ground and wake up the other. The first step he took away from the bed alerted his little puppy though and Rapmon came bounding into the room with little barks in each step.

Namjoon's eyes widened when he heard him, quickly scrambling across the floor to catch him and when he did, he gawked at Jimin, waiting, anticipating his wake up. A moment passed, him holding his white floof to his chest as it licked at his hand while he stared at his husband, praying that he wouldn't wake up; he didn't want to ruin the breakfast in bed by having him wake up before he even got to the kitchen.

Another moment and Rapmon wiggled in his arms, ready to get down again so with one last glance at Jimin, he ruled out that he would stay asleep and then slipped out of the room, chuckling to himself and the dog. "We have to be quiet," He whispered, putting his finger to his lips but the dog barked again, clearly not agreeing with his words.

"Ah, you're going to wake him up." He sighed as he set him down on the ground, shuffling his slippers against the floor as he made his way to the fridge, popping open the door and Rapmon joined him, standing right beside his feet as he peered into the fridge as well, not a thought in his mind as to why they were looking in there.

"What should we make?" He murmured to himself, scanning over the little food in his fridge. Being gone for a week with Yoongi being the only one here... he was thankful his friend looked after his place but he clearly munched through every bit of food he had. The only things in his fridge were to-go containers and a bottle of juice, and in the way back was Rapmon's food. He certainly couldn't feed his husband dog food-

"Ah, we're going to have to go grocery shopping." He concluded, shutting his fridge. He turned and Rapmon did as well, diving in and out between his legs. "Toast. We could make toast. The bread should still be good." He was talking to himself but Rapmon barked in response, following his owner to the cabinet.

He pulled out the bread, taking out two slices. He wasn't the best cook to be honest. He could get by. He struggled with cooking and preparation though. Like when it came to cutting things, ah, he was not the best at that. He got the job done just not how one would usually. Most of his mornings were spent at the office and he ate almost every meal there as well, his assistant picking him something up on their way to the office, on their lunch break and before they left to make sure Namjoon had eaten properly because without someone there to give him the food, he could easily go without it for at least a couple days. Once he was in on something, focused so consecutively on his work, he could be like that for days without realizing.

"What'd you think, Monnie?" He looked down at the puppy at his feet and after breaking a piece of bread off, he gave it to him. "I don't know if we have anything else to put with it." He leaned against the counter once he pushed the toast down into the toaster.

The dog didn't reply this time, too occupied with tearing the bread apart but not eating it, effectively making a mess on the floor. He was an odd companion.

Namjoon glanced at the time on the microwave. It was 6 am, both too early and too late for his liking; too early because he could have stayed in bed the entire day and too late because it was a work day and his work day started at the crack of dawn. Staying in bed seemed very tempting though. He wanted to extend the honeymoon, extend that lovely time so he could just stay in bed with Jimin all day and go on little dates and get his affairs in order (a/n: not actual affairs- we all know Joonie is a loyal manㅜㅜ) but that wasn't realistic. As reality had it, they would both have to attend to their jobs and sadly, not spend as much time together as either would want.

The toast popped up and he jolted at the sound interrupting his thoughts. He grabbed a plate from the cabinet and dropped the toast onto it, tilting his head as he thought about what else he could add. Any eggs he had were either gone and eaten by Yoongi or had gone bad like most of the food he had before he left for the honeymoon. "Jelly?" He asked himself, turning away from the toast and to the fridge, cracking it open again as he scanned over the door, looking through his condements and jars.

He grabbed the strawberry jelly from the door, narrowing his eyes at it. He wasn't sure if he liked strawberry jelly. He knew he liked strawberries and strawberry candies but jelly was different. Jelly was... it had a different taste to it. He knew a lot about his husband, could recall so many promises it wasn't even funny but he was a bit lost when it came to jelly.

It was worth a shot and plain toast wasn't good enough for the love of his life so a spread of strawberry jelly would be fine. He grabbed a knife and spread it across the toast, humming to himself as he finished off the ordeal of breakfast in bed. Well sort of, he added in a cup of orange juice before taking it to Jimin.

Rapmon followed him into the bedroom, head angled up the entire time, waiting for him to drop something. Even a drop of juice would have suficed.

Namjoon sat the plate and cup down on the nightstand before he walked into the bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet, pulling out a bottle of pain medicine. He carried it back with him, setting it down beside the food just in case. He had heard the infamous stories of pain after two guys having sex and no matter how fake they may be, he didn't want to risk it. He didn't want Jimin to be in pain.

"Baby." He mumbled, gently shaking Jimin's shoulder after taking a seat on the edge of the bed. "C'mon, it's time to wake up, Min-ah."

Jimin eyebrows furrowed together and his lips formed into a pout before he uttered a "no". His voice low and sleepy. "I don't wanna."

Namjoon laughed a little as he began to rub his back, running his hand back and forth over his shirt. "Come on. Don't want breakfast in bed?" He tried to persuade him, lure him out of his sleep with a bribe of food but in hindsight, that didn't seem like the best idea considering breakfast was just toast.

"Mm...." The younger hummed, lifting his head before he peeked open his eyes, looking past Namjoon for the food. It was tempting. Very very tempting but sleep in a nice comfortable bed with his husband was much more inviting so he plopped his head back down into the pillow and curled away from Namjoon, trying to avoid his back rubs so he could slip back away into his lalaland.

Namjoon couldn't help but laugh again, his sleepy husband was too cute. "Please? I want to eat with you before I have to go to work." He murmured, gently patting his back. He grabbed the orange juice a moment afterwards, holding it there for him. "I got you juice~"

Juice. That was very tempting too. It was probably something good... His diet had consisted of coffee in the morning for quite a long time and the only other beverages he indulged in were water and alcohol on occassion.

He turned onto his back, opening his eyes as he looked up at Namjoon his lips spread straight across his face before it split into a smile. "What kind?"

"Orange."

"Gosh, I haven't had that since I was a kid." He laughed softly, covering his face with his hands as he stretched out beneath the blanekts. He sat up after, taking the juice from him. "And for food?"

"It's not the best thing. Yoongi ate nearly everything." Namjoon explained, chuckling softly as he handed him the plate.

"Strawberry jelly?" He asked as he took it from him, balancing it on his legs.

"It's all I had." He was somehow nervous that he wouldn't like it. He was sure that toast and orange juice wasn't the best breakfast in bed.

"Aww, I love it." He kissed Namjoon's cheek and pulled away seconds later to bite into the strawberry jelly, humming with a giant smile. "This is the best breakfast in bed to exist. Nothing beats this." He giggled his toes, feeling a mixture of excitement and happiness. He knew that he asked the night before and was even promised he would get breakfast in bed but even so, such a small act made him feel so cared for.

Namjoon shared his smile, watching carefully as he took the first bite and once Jimin took a sip of his orange juice, he felt accomplished. He had successfully completely breakfast in bed and Jimin appeared to be enjoying it which was more than enough.

"Oh, one more thing. You should take this with you to work, just in case of um, you know." He cleared his throat as he handed him the pain medicine.

Jimin raised an eyebrow as he took the medicine, confused at first as to why he would need it but then realization and a flash of images from the night before flooded his memory. He blushed, whispering "thank you" under his breath.

Namjoon cleared his throat yet again, getting up from the bed. "I'm going to get dressed, okay? When you're done you can borrow some of my clothes if you don't have anything to wear. The closet is there." He pointed to a door on the left, directly across from the bathroom. "Enjoy." He smiled and kissed Jimin's cheek before getting off of the bed. Was it an escape to avoid being awkward? Yes. Did Jimin mind that he was avoiding it? Not at all. It gave him an excuse, himself, to avoid it completely. If it were up to the two of them with no hormones involved, they likely would never discuss the topic of sex together.

Jimin finished up his toast and drank the rest of his juice, taking the pills just for good measure, just in case when he got out of the bed he was hurting. He wasn't sure if he would be. He felt fine but lord knows as soon as he stood up or moved the wrong way, somehting would go wrong.

Once he was finished, he slipped out of the bed, stretching once more before he spotted the little floof on the floor, looking back up at him. "Hi buddy." he smiled and crouched down, gently petting his head. "I missed you." He scratched his chin and continued to pet him for a couple of minutes before he stood up again and wandered into the closet, his eyes widening at just how big Namjoon's collection of suits happened to be.

"I think you're crazy." He mumbled and Namjoon glanced over his shoulder, chuckling. He knew what he meant; it was crazy to see so many suits matched to a man who used to throw pebbles across the playground pretending to be a pirate. They were two completely different people. "It seems crazy but they're usually quite comfortable and it makes it all that more rewarding when you wear casual clothes."

"I just can not believe you wear a suit every day. I could never do that. They're so uncomfy and hot. They're so freaking hot. How do you survive? I would die of heatstroke if I had to wear suits all of the time."

"Two words: air conditioning. It works wonders at the building." He answered as he turned back to the mirror, buttoning up his shirt.

"But just, ah." Jimin sighed as he slugged over to him, leaning against a collection of drawers that lined the wall. "You have to wear so many layers though. I would die. I wear two layers at most and everything is very breathable."

"Because what you do is physical. You need breathable material. I could not imagine dancing in a suit. It has to be difficult as hell."

"It is but every challenge is fun. But still! I could not wear suits every day."

"And I don't think I could wear the outfits you do everyday."

"No sweatpants? Shorts? Tank tops? It's basically like wearing pajamas to work. They're all so comfortable."

"Suits are comfortable too." Namjoon replied.

"Suits are itchy."

"Some are. Not all though."

"Mm... whatever you say, lover-boy." Jimin chuckled again and Namjoon smiled. "Cute nickname."

Notes:

ah i hope you enjoyed!!
till next time peoples~~

next time may be a bit because mi arms are vv tired from being restless and other stuffs so it's making it difficult to type so much ㅜㅜ
if i could type with mi toes i would-
but sadly i am not as advanced as others with my feet *cough* seokjin *cough* lol

have a good day/night/evening <333

oh oh
also, oui, i will continue to call rapmon a floof cause that is what he is ㅡ ㅅ ㅡ

Chapter 39

Summary:

i dunno what to put here but car ride and yoongles <3

Notes:

i dunno when i posted last but i have been writing every day so that's pretty cool ㅎㅎ

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

“What are you thinking about?” Namjoon was turned in his seat to better face Jimin, seatbelt pressed against his chest and creating a bit of a problem but you know, safety first. Since they left his apartment, something had been off with the younger. Something he couldn’t pinpoint but then again he couldn’t always read what was on Jimin’s mind.

The younger had sat in the same position since they got in the car, eyes focused on his ring with his fingers fiddling with it and he was still doing it now.

“Hmm?” He asked, leaning over in his seat to gently nudge his shoulder. “What’s up? Are you okay?”

Jimin looked up at him, a small smile on his face. He pulled his hand away from the ring, not wanting to wear it out. He wanted it to last forever if it could. “I’m nervous as hell honestly. I feel like…” he paused a moment, his eyes narrowing as if he were challenging himself to say it, to say something he had never wanted to admit but marrying Namjoon, everything they had done, it was all challenging him to face the exact thing he had been running from for years. “Everyone is going to know I’m gay.”

“Do you want me to go in with you? I can go in and walk in with you and make sure everything is okay. We can introduce each other as friends.” Namjoon suggested. “No one has to know, okay? Yoongi isn’t going to tell and I don’t think your grandmother or Mrs. Choi will tell. I won’t.”

He pouted as he sunk into his seat, leaning his head against Namjoon’s shoulder. “I don’t know.” He mumbled. “I’m scared to go in. I feel like they already know and me coming in like this, it’ll only give them more incentive to ridicule me for it.”

“They won’t ridicule you.” His husband tried to reassure, taking Jimin’s hand in his before squeezing it. “I promise.”

 

“I don’t want to go in.” Jimin whispered, his voice sounding more shaky than before like he was going to cry as if he were so fragile in this moment that he couldn’t keep his voice straight. That was shocking too because even after everything he had seen Jimin through, after every shitty bullying experience and every moment with his mother, his voice was always strong. “I feel like, if I go in there…” You might be gone, he wanted to finish his sentence. He feared that if he went in and continued the life he left on pause for the two weeks that Namjoon might be gone, that this was all just some fever dream and it couldn’t last in the real world because a honeymoon wasn’t the real world. It was the sweet beginning of being married and that wasn’t realistic. It was the honeymoon period and he was scared that their relationship was too fragile to survive. It was built on the naivety of childhood and a love that they had kindled for each other over the years but it was fragile. Love was a fragile thing and he didn’t want to lose it just yet. And maybe… maybe walking into that building and facing everyone, maybe that would destroy their relationship.

He didn’t know if he could keep up the two personas; Park Jimin, loving son and devoted dancer; Kim Jimin, loving husband and doting lover. He was willing to let go of being a dancer. He was okay with not becoming an idol and falling back to be a stay at home husband or at least finding another job, but there was a fear there that had a powerful grip on him. One that was keeping him from coming out to everyone, one that had him hearing his mother’s voice in the back of his head the more he thought about the fact that he was wearing a ring that binds him to another man… as a man he was “disgusting”. He could hear her voice and that was what he feared. He feared hearing it again, hearing the people in that building where he worked call him that same name. Maybe it was outdated, maybe society’s views changed but in his head, he was still just a boy who wanted to hold his best friend’s hand and keep his feelings a confusing secret.

“I don’t want to go in, Namjoon.” Jimin restated, his voice more sure and somehow more scared. He sat up in his seat, slipping his hand out of Namjoon’s as he held onto the back of the driver’s seat, leaning forward. They were close to his work and the anxiety had built in his gut, if he didn’t hold back, his hands would start to tremble just as much as his voice had. “Can I go back to the apartment? Please take me back to the apartment.” He asked the driver, who glanced back at Namjoon through the mirror, waiting for the go-ahead nod that he gave before he rounded the block and made his way back to the apartment building. If Jimin didn’t want to go in, there was no one who could force him to go.

Namjoon was quiet, gently taking his husband’s hand again. He squeezed it and rubbed his thumb across the back, trying his best to reassure him but he wasn’t sure it would work any. “I have to go to work today, you know. As much as I want to stay with you, I can’t, but I’ll stop by for lunch and-”

“No, I’ll come to you, Joonie.” Jimin promised, glancing out the window for the first time since he got in the car. The scenery went by in a blur, eyes only focusing on certain parts that popped or stood out and he couldn’t help but think that his own life went by in a blur like the scenery was now. Everything had gone so quickly, the rush of young unrequited love had kept him content and rebellious against the world because he was naive to what it held but now that he knew the horrors and riches of it, he was stuck on pause like a car halting to a stop at a red light, he didn’t know which way to turn out of fear.

“You should go to work. Don’t let me stop you, okay?” He pulled his gaze away from the window, looking him in the eyes with a soft smile, one that was painful to see because of just how much it resembled so many from their youth. “I’ll spend my whole day with Monnie. We’ll go for a walk and I’ll try and cook something maybe. Watch some tv. Do some laundry.” Avoid my old life as much as possible. Avoid going back to my apartment in case my mother is there. Avoid going to work in case someone wanted to confront me about my secret. “Maybe I’ll call Yoongi and we can catch up or something. Or I could just watch tv the whole day, that sounds like a lot of fun.”

“If you need anything, you’ll call me, right? I’ll answer no matter what.” Namjoon squeezed his hand again. He didn’t want to leave him alone but at the same time, he couldn’t take another day away from work. It was irresponsible to be gone for the two weeks and even more irresponsible to have his phone turned off for so long so he wasn’t able to miss another day even if he wanted to. So he was left having to do something he didn’t want to, being forced to go to work and leaving him behind. It hurt a bit in his chest to think he had to leave him behind but he knew it was for the best. He was doing it not only for his own future but now for Jimin’s as well.

“No matter what?” Jimin chuckled a little, his smile lightening. “What if you’re in a meeting?”

“I’ll answer immediately.”

“And… what if you’re pooping?” He laughed again and Namjoon did too. “I guess I’ll answer then too.”

“Do you promise?”

Namjoon nodded his head. “Mhm. I promise.”

Jimin’s shoulders shook lightly as he laughed, leaning against Namjoon for support as he did so. “I’ll hold you to that you know. I’m going to call randomly and you better answer. If you don’t… I’ll um, I’ll hold the remote to your TV hostage.”

“Oh no, not the remote.” Namjoon faked a pout. He didn’t have the heart to tell Jimin his TV was hooked up to a tablet so he played along.

A moment later, the car had pulled up to the sidewalk of his building and as it stopped, Jimin turned to look at him with a reassuring smile. “I hope you have a good day at work.”

“I hope you have a good day too. Yoongi might stop by to take out Rapmon, you don’t have to let him in if you don’t want to.” Namjoon explained and the younger laughed a little, a little scene of him constantly locking the doors after Yoongi unlocked them playing in his head. “The code to the front door is 1013. If you need anything please call me.”

“Ah, didn’t you say that already?” Jimin tilted his head as he narrowed his eyes at him and Namjoon smiled wide. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He replied, kissing Namjoon’s cheek before he got out of the car, stepping back from the car. He waved at him through the window and his husband waved back until it was pulling away again.

He let out a small sigh as he watched the car drive away, Namjoon and all of his security in it. He wasn’t sure what he was going to do today. When he woke up he thought about going to the studio and showing off his ring and maybe even encourage some rumours just for a little bit of fun but after he saw himself in the mirror while changing, hickeys up and down his neck. He felt a mixture of pride over what they had done together and shame with his mother’s voice in the back of his mind. Men shouldn’t be cuddling together and they shouldn’t be sleeping together. As much as he loved the hickeys because they were left by Namjoon, he hated them. It showed how disgusting he was. Maybe that was where the day had gone wrong. Maybe he should have just gone to work and faced everyone, faced his fears but he didn’t want to. He wanted to curl into a ball in his husband’s bed and fantasise about the wonderful life they would have together. That seemed like a good idea for today. Yeah.

Jimin walked into the building, feeling a little fidgety now that he was alone in such a nice place like someone knew he wouldn’t belong or something but somehow he successfully made it up the elevator and to Namjoon’s apartment, punching in the code that he pretended not to realise was his birthday. As soon as he walked into the house, Rapmon ran right up to him, jumping up against his legs and it was something he welcomed easily. He knew the dog couldn’t talk but he was a cute companion that would make today less crappy.

He knelt down and picked him up. He was kind of big but still small enough to be a lap dog if he really wanted to be. He carried the floof into the livingroom, setting him down on the couch before asking, “What’re we gonna do today?”

The puppy barked in return and he smiled fondly, scratching his head. “You’re so cute~ When did you get so big buddy?”

He could remember when he was just a small baby puppy that Namjoon introduced him to. It was a warm memory. Namjoon had decided to pick him up from his apartment on their Friday dinner and with him was the little thing, held in his arms cause the poor thing was tuckered out from the walk there. It was so small that Jimin thought it was a piece of clothing at first but then it peeked open it’s brown eyes at him and he couldn’t help but be drawn in with it’s cuteness. That night they had chosen a park bench to eat their convenience store dinner at. It wasn’t spectacular like the rest of their dinners but it was one of the most memorable.

“Ah.” He sighed again, his lips forming a pout as he stared down at the puppy, trying to brainstorm something to do. He could do laundry but he wasn’t quite sure where the washing machine and dryer was. Maybe dishes to help out a little. He could try and clean… But it was difficult. Even though he felt very comfortable here, he had no clue where anything was. “Should we watch a movie? What do you do all day?”

The puppy barked in response, spinning around in his spot on the couch before looking back up at him with big eyes. It was like he was trying to say something but Jimin was both not fluent in dog and clueless so they were stuck just staring at each other for a good minute or so. Between the two of them, their brain cells were focused on food, treats, floof and fears.

Surprisingly Rapmon was the first to break their silent stare down, hopping down from the couch and to his water bowl to drink up and Jimin followed him, observing the floof.

There wasn’t much to do in the apartment at all especially since it was a foreign place to him for the most part - before yesterday, he had only ever been in Namjoon’s living room, bathroom and kitchen, so he took it upon himself explore the place (only after he watched Rapmon eat his food though. Something about having a pet around was intriguing to him.)

The first place Jimin decided to discover was the kitchen. Not anything too spectacular, a lot of leftovers that he wasn’t sure where they had come from occupied the fridge along with some orange juice. The freezer didn’t have very much either only ice and frozen dumplings. He had opened every cabinet and figured out that his husband had a small stash of liquor above his fridge that consisted of vodka, whiskey and some wine. It was tempting but he refused to drink while upset so he decided to make a mental note to partake at a later time, perhaps when Joon was there to share with him.

His husband had many cups (about two cabinets full) which seemed odd at first considering he lived alone and wasn’t one for parties but after dragging a chair over the counter and climbing on top of it, he could see his collection of collector’s edition glass cups with an assortment of superheroes them. That nearly had him fall from the chair as he died laughing. “You can take the kid away from the comics but you can’t take the comics away from the kid.” He murmured to himself and after he said it he couldn’t help but feel stupid. Such a cliche thing to say… Cringey.

He climbed down from the chair, carefully putting it back where he found it and afterwards he shut the doors. He leaned against the marble counter, tilting his head as he saw the floof watching him from around the corner of the cabinet. He clicked his tongue a few times, crouching down to pet him again. His urge to discover the rest of the house had dwindled out and died. He would just have to be properly introduced by Namjoon if he wanted to see the rest of the place. Besides, what if there was some big secret room there? What if- Oh god. What if Namjoon was like that Fifty Shades of Grey dude who had a whole room of… No. Hahaha, Namjoon was a virgin before last night so that was just delusional.

“What do you do all day?” Jimin had asked the pup again who had turned it’s head into his hand before licking him. “I can’t imagine staying here all day with nothing to do.” He mumbled. “You probably have tons to do though, right? Little puppy stuff. Does Yoongi come and get you? Do you go for a walk?”

It was like a magical word. Rapmon tilted his head and his ears raised, all of his attention on him. “Oh… you like that word, huh?” He chuckled, patting his head before he stood up. He rested his hands on his hips as he scanned the apartment, looking for a leash but he couldn’t even find that. “Fudge.” He puffed his cheeks and let all of the air out after a moment. “When does Yoongi usually show up?”

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the time, ignoring the many notifications that began to pop up. About an hour had passed since he had returned back to the apartment and he was still just as bored as he was when he walked through the door. His life revolved around dance, thriving for the best to be able to debut, but now that he didn’t have it today and he didn’t have Namjoon there to keep him occupied, he was left with a shell of his life. He was still him with the same passions and dreams but he was clueless as what to dow without that passion driving him.

His life was just pushed onto another track and he wasn’t sure where it was heading. He had Namjoon now, though, so that gave him a bit more confidence but in the end… he was stuck depending on something other than himself and that bothered him a little. It got under his skin and dug in deep. Why did he have to depend on people? Namjoon was his exception, of course, because he knew that it was okay to depend on him - he had always been there. But he was upset with himself that he had formed such a bond where he became so dependent on one variable of his life, and now that it was gone, now that dancing was gone…

That was difficult to think about and he couldn’t handle it right now so he shook it off, shaking his head after dropping his phone into his pocket. “Rapmonnie.” He murmured, looking down at the floof who had simply stared at him the entire time. “What’re we gonna do?”

The question was more toward himself then his loyal companion. He didn’t know what he was going to do with his life. His dreams were extinguished for the time being; he had achieved the love of Namjoon and given up the dream of becoming an idol. Both wonderful and horrible at the same time. And this left him without a dream or passion to keep going.

“Monnie-ah~” A new voice snuck into the apartment followed by the click of the lock of the front door. The sound successfully pulled Jimin out of his zone, his head snapping up to see Yoongi walking through the livingroom with a bag full of dog food and a leash in hand. He didn’t move a muscle as he watched him there, scared that Yoongi had just caught him before he remembered yesterday’s coming-out moment and with that memory he felt a small sort of relief; this was someone he could talk to and relate to easily.

“Oh?” The elder mumbled, his voice low and quiet as usual. “You’re still here, Min? Is Joon? Should I come back?”

Jimin shook his head. “No, please don’t go.”

“Okay.” Yoongi hummed, walking over as he was greeted by the floof. He smiled wide as his paws reached up his leg and he reached down, petting his head. “Do you wanna go for a walk? Hmm?” His voice was soft and higher than before as he talked to the pup.

“I wasn’t sure where his leash was. I thought about taking him.” He mumble as he watched the two of them.

“Ah, I took the leash with me yesterday by accident that’s why you couldn’t find it. He usually keeps it in the closet by the front door with the shoes. There’s a small hook on the left wall.” He explained, bending his one knee so the floof would get back down. “I have an extra at my apartment. I usually come by to walk him and give him food. Joon is a good dad but he is forgetful so I come by in the mornings and sometimes at night if I can to take care of him. Would you like to go on the walk with us?”

“Sure. Yeah, I don’t have anything better to do.”

“No dance today?” He crouched down, pulling out a harness from the bag before putting it on the dog.

“No, I’m quitting. I don’t have enough time in the day for dance anymore.”

“Oof. You know, if I’m honest,” Yoongi stood up once the pup was on the leash, a small smile on his face still. “I always knew you were too good for that studio. Too good for any group or team or anything. Joon knew it too. We all did.”

“Really?” Jimin smiled softly.

“Mhm.” He began to walk with him out of the door, Rapmon following behind quickly, excitement fueling his tiny legs that carried him away. “Maybe you could get your own studio or something. Become a choreographer. I’m sure you’ve got it in you and with your skills, anyone would hire you. You could be a freelancer, too, set your own schedule and everything.”

“I never even thought about that Yoongs.” He mumbled, following him into the elevator.

 

“Well you should widen your views. I could try and get you an in with my company. We’re always looking for good talent and whatnot. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind having you train the idols. You’ve enough talent, they would be lucky to even be critiqued by you.”

Maybe Yoongi was just encouraging him out of his funk - maybe he could sense that he was in this funk of fear - but now Jimin was thinking about it. His views of his future were narrowed to two dreams; love and debut. He had never really thought about other things he could do with dance. The idea of being a trainer and all of the other possibilities out there for someone with the skills he had had never crossed his mind before now.

“Do they really accept choreographers so easily?”

They had walked through the front doors of the building, turning down the sidewalk and into the bustle of people trying to rush into work before they’re considered late mixed in with students on their way to school. Jimin wasn’t sure if walking Rapmon right now was the best thing; what if he got hurt or something? He could easily be stepped on if someone wasn’t paying attention. But Yoongi seemed confident and somehow indifferent at the same time, like he had done this every single day.

“Not usually but I feel like you’d be an exception, you know? They’d give you a pass in because of your reputation and dedication. Not many people stay as dedicated through their twenties as you have been.” Yoongi had one hand in his pocket while the other held Rapmon’s leash. He seemed so at ease with his eyes ahead at the sidewalk, almost like he was protectively watching him. It was endearing to see him so carefully interested in him but that’s what reminded Jimin that he had his own dog and he suddenly asked the question, “Where’s Holly?”

“Hmm?” It took him a moment to realise what he asked. His cheeks turned slightly red and he let out a small chuckle. “Seokjin’s. We had a few drinks last night and I ended up crashing on his couch.”

That was believable. The two of them were always having a drink together. The part that made Jimin question it, though, was they way Yoongi answered so shortly. Yes, he was a man of few words but when it came to drunken nights with his friends, he always had a story or two to tell the next day.

Jimin hummed, nodding his head. “Do you usually walk the two of them together?”

“At night, yeah. Holly isn’t much of a morning person though so I come to Namjoon’s, walk Mon, bring him back, go to my house and go for another walk with Holly. Then at night, I walk Holly to Joon’s, pick up Mon and then we go for a small walk, drop him off and we go home. Sometimes we stay at Joon’s during the day if I’m avoiding my responsibilities.” Yoongi chuckled a little and so did Jimin. He understood that way too well; it was exactly what he was doing now.

“Do you usually take care of Monnie?” He slipped his own hands into his sweatshirt, a small smile growing across his face as he got a whiff of his husband off of the material. It was cosy like the bed this morning. Warm and comfortable and it reminded him of the other.

“It depends.” The elder shrugged his shoulders, the two of them rounding the corner after. “Joon works very often, we both know that. He often spends the entire night at work and sometimes doesn’t come back for a couple days. During that time, I stay at his place and watch on Monnie. Sometimes I take him to my apartment too but we usually stay at Joon’s since it’s bigger.”

“Ah, so you take turn of Monnie and in turn, you get to eat all of the food?”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, turning his head to look at him for a moment with a shocked smile. “I don’t eat all of the food.”

“Well, Joon was gone for two weeks and I saw the fridge this morning…” Jimin inferred, his smile fading into a smirk as he nudged his side with his elbow.

“I didn’t eat all of it! I promise. Some of it just went bad so I had to throw it out and the rest of it I either cook and ate it, myself, and I gave some to Gguk too. He kept coming over while Joon was gone.” His defence wasn’t too convincing but it was good enough.

“Okay, okay. I’m just teasing you.” He chuckled. “We should probably pick some food up for the apartment though. This morning I had toast. I don’t even think Joonie-ah had anything.”

“That’s normal. He doesn’t usually eat breakfast at home. He eats at the office for nearly every meal. Not on Fridays though. Friday is the only day he actually eats somewhere other than his office and I only know that cause it’s got a little heart on it in his calendar.”

Jimin wasn’t going to over think that either. He wasn’t going to misconstrued the dinner on Fridays which just so happened to be the only days they had their dates and he wasn’t going to become giddy over the hearts in Namjoon’s calendar. He was going to remain calm for now and maybe blush and giggle like a school girl over it later.

“Hmm. Interesting. Do you know why Fridays?”

Yoongi shrugged again. “Probably because it’s the first day of the weekend. He probably wants to take at least one night to himself before returning back to work.”

“That makes sense.” He nodded.

There was a moment of silence between them, content silence that Rapmon was oblivious to - as most dogs are. Fridays were okay. Fridays just happened to be the one day that they had decided to meet up on. Friday just happened to be the day Jimin was born. Friday… just so happened to be the day Namjoon showed up with those papers for their marriage. Friday; it was shaping up ot be a good day.

“I need you to tell me more about him.” Jimin prompted, glancing at Yoongi who glanced back, quite confused. “Why’re you asking me? You’re his best friend and husband! You know more about the guy than anyone.”

That fact brought a small warmth to Jimin’s cheeks; one that could be brushed off as a heat from the chill outside, but a blush nevertheless. “I meant…” He wasn’t too sure what he meant. He just wanted to figure out how to be helpful. Well, that was a lie. He really just wanted to know what Joon’s daily life was like. They were close and had spent years together but not every day was spent side by side, you know? There was still a small divide between them despite them being married. They had never actually lived together so he was a bit clueless. “I meant his day to day. What does he do?”

A smile spread across Yoongi’s face, a giant grin, ear to ear. “Gosh, you two are so cute.” He murmured to himself, shaking his head a little. “I’m not too sure what he does at work, you can ask his assistant though. But when he’s at home…” He paused for a moment like he was trying to find a place to start as if Joon’s day was so packed. “He started working out about a year or two ago. That’s something new. He packs it in usually late at night. His apartment building has a gym but he never uses it; he goes to the one down the street called, um. I think it’s called 4UGO or something like that. I don’t know. It was something weird.

“Anyways, usually he stays at home. I know he has weights somewhere in his apartment - I think he hides them under his bed honestly. I have only seen them once before. He reads quite a lot. Rarely buys books though and if he does, he donates them once he’s done. There are a few he keeps though. And plants. He has two plants. Both in his office. He takes great care of them honestly and if he is unable to, his assistant comes in or he asks me to - Frankly, I have no idea how to keep plants alive but he just asks me to water them so it’s not too hard.” Yoongi laughed a bit as he turned his hand out, still hidden in the pocket of his hoodie. It was just a small mannerism.

“He has plants now?” Jimin’s smile grew at the thought of Namjoon taking such delicate care of something like a plant. He probably even found peace in it too. It was cute.

“Mhm. Usually he just works all day, though. You should see his office, it’s huge. Looks like it takes up half the floor alone. Ah and he has good taste in furniture and everything. I remember he took time deciding the theme he wanted for his building with books full of different furniture. I don’t think he slept at all that month, honestly, with the mixture of work and the building.” Yoongi chuckled and Jimin let out a small one as well. “So he’s got a knack for decorating?”

“A small one.” He held up his hand, close to pinching his two fingers together but it had maybe a millimetre left between the two of them. “One he probably won’t mention or pursue but it’s there. But like I said, his day to day is work. He stays there and sleeps there sometimes. He goes on business trips once every few months to different countries. He’s trying to expand across and frankly, I think it’ll work. You don’t see many toy companies trying to make their toys biodegradable with a guarantee of no breaking. On top of that, he is a main share holder in several entertainment companies and other things with the arts which means he has connections all across this country. It’s crazy.”

Jimin had no clue that’s what he did. He knew he had his own company and a nice building that reached as far into the sky as one could but that was the extent of his knowledge till now. Biodegradable toys… it was interesting. He never would have pegged Namjoon as one to be interested in something like that. When they were younger, he always thought that he would end up being some politic trying to make the world a better place and he supposed that was kind of the same thing he was doing with the job he had now, he just was doing it in a different way.

“Where can I buy one of them?” He asked and Yoongi stopped walking, another giant grin on his face. Jimin wasn’t quite sure why they stopped but did so anyways. “Why~? Do you want to support your hubby~?”

Jimin rolled his eyes and nudged Yoongi’s side again. The elder sighed then, giving in so easily. “It’s called Namu. Right now they’ve peeked for baby toys but they sell all types of things from raddles to gaming consoles. Like I said, it’s crazy.”

The younger nodded his head slightly, amazed by just how successful and influential Namjoon had become over time. It had only been 9 years since they graduated high school, take off two for military left them with 7 and then another 4 for college… Namjoon had built himself up in 3 years. That was hard for Jimin to wrap his head around but he didn’t have much time to dwell on it as Yoongi picked up the floof and stuffed him inside his coat as if it were a makeshift baby sling. “Are you coming in?”

He furrowed his eyebrows, confused for a moment until he looked up and saw the grocery store sign. He nodded and followed him in. Surprisingly, no one gave them odd looks despite them having a dog with them. Maybe people didn’t care or maybe people were intimidated by Yoongi’s standoff-ish appearance. Jimin didn’t know what it was exactly but he felt invincible. Like a little kid with a blanket tied loosely around it’s neck, bellowing in the fake wind on a cold city night; he had the feeling courage of a superhero. No fears or at least not as many now that he had someone else around, something to do and a distraction to keep his mind off of things.

Notes:

i'm sorry if it's getting boring/sad/angst/idk ;;
i hope you did enjoy though :)
have a good day/night/afternoon/year/existence <3

Chapter 40

Summary:

little lunch date~~ <3

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Yoongi had left around noon once they came back with Rapmon with groceries in hand. Jimin wasn’t sure if he’d be coming back again but he didn’t have much time for deliberation, his phone went off as soon as he had a moment alone. Thankfully it was just Namjoon and not one of the many people or decisions he was avoiding for the day (maybe longer than a day-). He answered, bringing the phone to his ear after swiping across his screen. “Hello?”

 

He could hear the smile in Namjoon’s voice before the other even said anything and he could imagine him sitting in a nice chair behind a desk with his head tilted, a grin spread across his face with his phone held to his ear with his shoulder. Or, or maybe he had one of those cool office phones that sat on his desk and all he had to do was click a button. The latter was less likely considering Jimin only had Namjoon’s cellphone number but he’d prefer his idea of the cooler phone.

“Did you miss me?”

“Is that even a question?” Jimin sat on the edge of the couch, slouching back into the cushions with a smile just as wide as Namjoon’s even if they couldn’t see each other.

“Good. My driver is coming to pick you up now so we can have lunch together. Is now good for lunch?” He had asked him but Jimin knew that even if he said it was a bad time, that he’d be going there anyone. He had missed his husband too much to simply ignore his call or miss out on lunch with him. Afterall, meals with him was one of the few things he wanted in this marriage other than unconditional love.

“It’s not like I have anything better to do.” Jimin replied, standing up from the couch then. He didn’t have anything else to grab really so he just took himself, slipped his shoes on and walked out the door. “What are we having?”

“I’m not sure yet. We can go out if you’d like. I could have my assistant pick something up for us. She can get us anything.” Namjoon had sat on the edge of the corner of his desk, holding his cellphone with one hand as he thumbed through blueprints for a new design.

He hummed softy, tilting his head as he stared at the elevator wall, watching as the numbers went down and he descended. “Anything is good with me. What are you in the mood for?”

“Do you want my honest answer?”

“Well, duh. I don’t want you to lie to me.” He chuckled.

“You.” He whispered into the phone and Jimin’s face turned bright red, thankfully it was mainly covered (curtesy of the face mask he had put on - he wasn’t sick, he just wanted to hide his identity for the most part… wanted to seem mysterious).

The line went silent, Namjoon wallowing in his own embarrassment on one end and Jimin dying on the other. Such a cheesy and cringey and cliche thing to say but somehow it still seemed like the perfect thing to say.

Jimin cleared his throat and broadened his shoulders, “Didn’t you get enough of that last night? Hmm?”

“I’m kidding. I could go for anything though. You should decide.”

“Ah, Joonie-ah.” He whined a little. “You know I am not good at choosing things like this. I’m good at choosing movies and what kind of candy we should get but not /food/ food. /Food/ food is difficult to choose.”

Namjoon didn’t waste a second, asking as soon as he was done with his little spiel, “Did you enjoy the toast this morning?”

“I don’t want toast for lunch.”

“Damn. There goes my lunch plan.”

The two of them shared a small laugh and the doors to the elevator opened then, forcing Jimin to have to go out with a red face and have to walk past several of the other people there. Ah, he did not like this at all. Being here alone made him feel nervous like he didn’t belong in such a nice place for whatever reason, and for a moment he thought about going back to his apartment after lunch with Namjoon but that would be leaving Rapmon and all of his clothes behind. He didn’t want to do that so maybe later… or tomorrow.

“The driver’s here, I’ll see you soon.” Jimin murmured into the phone, his voice quiet as he walked past the front desk with a few people behind it. “I love you.”

He could hear Namjoon smile again but instead of saying I love you back, he just stayed quiet. So quiet that Jimin had pull the phone from his ear to check if he got hung up on or not as he walked through the doors to outside, spotting the car immediately. He got into the back, smiling at the driver as he started talking again. “What? You not gonna say it back?”

“No, I just…” Namjoon paused, setting the blueprints down onto his desk as he stared at the wall. He could imagine Jimin quietly admitting an I love you into the phone with a bashful smile. He probably blushed and everything and imagining a shy Jimin only made Namjoon’s heart swell with love. “Wanted to hear you say it again.”

“Say what?” Jimin mumbled, glancing at the driver through the rearview mirror as they pulled away. He knew what Namjoon wanted him to say but admitting another declaration of love so soon after just saying it was embarrassing, especially while being in an enclosed space with a stranger who worked closely with his husband.

“You know. Just one more time and I’ll hang up.” He answered but Jimin stayed quiet and the two of them were just listening to each other on the other end of the phone. Namjoon’s office was shockingly quiet, Jimin couldn’t even hear a single noise aside for his husband’s breathing and all Joon could hear was the sound of passing cars and Jimin.

Jimin didn’t want to say it. He’d rather stay on the phone the entire time he was in the car until he stepped foot into Namjoon’s office than have the call end on him. Even if they weren’t physically together, they were together right now. He never realised the importance of phone calls. He would always become annoyed when his mother would call because their conversations always held her hinting ridicules or questions about when he was going to settle down with a cute girl, and the only other people who ever called him were the other dancers at the studio (usually about choreographies), his friends (which he was fine with since they typically only called when they were going to meet up), and Namjoon. The phone calls with Namjoon were always the longest, even before being married.

“Are you still there?” Namjoon murmured. Of course he knew he was there. The only reasons Jimin would hang up on him (in Namjoon’s opinion) would be out of excitement or anger, but Jimin rarely became angry and his excitement was just cute so he got a pass.

“Maybe. You know, I’ve never been to your office before.” Jimin was stalling. He wasn’t going to hang up and he didn’t want Namjoon to. Not until they physically saw each other. It was helping him focus on something other than his nerves, plus if he wasn’t on the phone, he’d just have to sit awkwardly in the back of the car.

“I’ll have to give you a tour then.” He chuckled.

“Wow, a whole personal tour with the CEO. How am I so lucky?”

“Well, you did happen to be friends with said CEO.” Namjoon pushed off his desk as he walked to the back wall that was made up of windows with a glorious view of the Seoul skyline. “And you did end up marrying him too.”

“Oh yeah. How could I forget about that?” Jimin laughed a little, watching as people passed by on the street. “I think we’re close actually. Looks like you’ll be giving me a tour sooner rather than later.”

“Ah, really? I guess I should go down and meet you then.” He turned away from the window.

“What’s the plan?” He asked then, tearing his eyes from the window and to the driver. “Do we pretend to be friends… family? Are you my bro?”

Namjoon laughed heartily, shoulders lightly shaking as he walked out of his office. His assistant was waiting for him and stood up immediately upon seeing him come out, a notepad and pen in hand as he followed at his heels. “Friend.”

“Okay~ so boy friends. Doesn’t seem suspicious.”

“Not at all.”

Jimin laughed softly, “And our rings?”

“Two married people who are friends.” He replied as he stepped onto the elevator, his assistant joining right beside him. He leaned back against the wall, beginning to fix his appearance a bit; tightening the tie that was around his neck and straightening out the cuffs of his sleeves.

“Ah, I like that one! It’s not even a lie. Two married people who are friends, that’s exactly what we are. We are two friends who got married… it’s perfect wording. No lies, everyone’s happy. You can introduce me. Really perfect.” Jimin nodded his head to himself, content with the introduction. It really was perfect. Not lying but the perfect words that could easily be misinterpreted.

Namjoon laughed a little, “Yeah, I guess it is perfect.” He mumbled. “When will you be here?”

“Um.” He looked out the window, leaning forward slightly as he peered up at the tall buildings. All of them looked the same and he remembered that he really wouldn’t be able to recognise Namjoon’s building compared to the others. “I dunno.” He whispered to himself before he leaned forward more, gently tapping the driver’s shoulder. “How much longer?” He asked and he just pointed forward and replied, “Right there.”

“Ah.” Jimin smiled wide when he saw the building. It was almost completely windows and he wasn’t one for architecture so he wouldn’t be able to pinpoint the difference between it and the others anyways but it blended in well with the rest of them. “We’re almost there. I can see the building.”

Namjoon glanced up at the level they were on, letting out a small sigh. “Okay, I may be a few seconds late.”

Jimin clicked his tongue. “Tsk tsk. What am I going to do? I thought punctuality was one of the many wonderful things about you but look at that… you’re going to be late. I’m travelling all of the way - through treacherous depths of this city - from your apartment to see you and you’re going to be late.” He let out a dramatic sigh before giggling. “I’m kidding. Just don’t make me wait too long. I’m scared security is gonna think I’m suspicious or something and I’ll end up at the police station.”

His husband laughed again and his assistant raised his eyes from the notepad, finding it odd that he’d laugh so often in such a short amount of time; his boss was a serious man all about work so this was new. “That won’t happen you know. The security here knows to let certain people in and…”

“And I happen to be on that list? Oh I’m honoured.” Jimin giggled again.

The car pulled up to the front of the building, coming to a stop right at the doors. Jimin gave the driver a polite smile and bow of his head before he got out. He glanced around the building for a moment, making his way in a moment later.

It was much more busy than Namjoon’s apartment. Security guards lined the entrance into the main part of the building, ready to check in people who passed through and the mere sight of them made Jimin nervous. He didn’t have a keycard or anything at all to prove he was supposed to be there. What if they thought he was a beggar or something and kicked him out? Goodbye lunch plans.

 

“Are you here now?” Namjoon asked and Jimin remembered only then that he was actually on the phone. “Yes, by the front doors. Ah, I should have waited in the car for you.” He murmured into the phone, turning back towards the doors as if he were going to walk back out again.

“No~” He chuckled, “I need you here. I want to have lunch with you.”

“And give me a tour?”

“And give you a tour.” He confirmed just as the doors to the elevator opened. He stepped out and his smile grew as he saw his husband, still wearing his own sweatshirt, standing out front. “I see you.”

“I don’t see you.” Jimin mumbled, turning around as he began to scan the people here. His own smile grew when he saw his husband there. “Should I hang up now?”

“I didn’t hear another I love you.”

“Ah, are you really going to make me say it again?” He asked, a small blush on his cheeks.

Namjoon didn’t answer at all, waiting just inside the gates of security as he watched him and you could tell that the people there knew who he was. The collective of them all had sort of huddled around him like they were waiting for an order or an acceptance or something but despite all the people around him, he just kept his eyes on Jimin, waiting for him to say it.

“Joonie-ah.” Jimin pouted, still hidden behind his mask.

“Minie.” He replied, his voice calm as he watched him from across the way.

“You’re going to make me say it.”

“Yes.”

He cupped his hand around the bottom of his phone, partially curling into himself as he whispered, “I love you.” Almost in the same second, the phone call was shut off and Namjoon was making his way past security.

“Long time no see.” He greeted and Jimin chuckled. “Yeah, it’s been /ages/.”

Namjoon snickered as he rested his hand on Jimin’s back, guiding him along. “Come with me. We have to get you checked in.”

“Checked in?”

“Well, I assume you’ll be coming here more often. It’s only proper to get you a keycard, right?” He asked as he headed towards the front desk. The secretaries there behind it stood immediately, bowing with a smile to their boss to greet him.

“A keycard.”

“Yes. And you need to let them take a photo.”

Jimin shot him a glare, narrowing his eyes. He had to take a photo and somehow this felt like it was a humiliation tactic. That or he was trying to tease him. Either way, he didn’t like the idea of having to take a photo right now and he’d probably have to take his mask off so they could see his face and he would have to pull off his hood and expose the marks on his neck. Ah, this wasn’t gonna be good. “I feel like this was planned.”

Namjoon shrugged. “Maybe it was, maybe it wasn’t.” He chuckled. It wasn’t. He didn’t even think about getting him a keycard until he realised he couldn’t get through the security without one.

“I’m gonna get you back for this. Kidnap Rapmon for a whole day and bring him to my apartment.” He murmured his threat even though they both knew it was empty. Rapmon was joint custody now and since they were still together that meant everyday would be spent together as the three of them.

He chuckled again, patting Jimin’s shoulder as he reassured him, and just like he suspected, he had to take off his mask and his hood but to his surprise, he didn’t get a single look for the hickeys or even a whispered snicker and once it was done, he was able to put it all back on again. He was handed a little plastic card and a lanyard - he stuffed both into his pocket - and then Namjoon was guiding him into the elevator, the assistant trailing close.

“So.” He mumbled and Namjoon chuckled yet again. He found it cute how awkward his social butterfly of a husband could be. “What’s your name?”

The assistant looked up and offered his hand. “Mr. Kang and you’re Jimin, I assume. I’ve ordered food that should be here once you two arrive in the office.”

“Thank you. You can take your break once we get up to my office. You can have to afternoon off.” Namjoon was clearly speaking to Mr. Kang but his eyes were only on Jimin and somehow it made him feel even more embarrassed then he had felt when he had to say I love you again.

Mr. Kang raised his head, face completely puzzled as he stared at his boss. “Are you sure?” He had never gotten an afternoon off in the entire year he had worked there.

“Mhm. If anything comes up, I’ll contact you but other than that, you’ll be relieved.”

Jimin glanced between Namjoon and his assistant, a smile wide on his face as he tried not to laugh. Relieved- Pfft… Namjoon seemed so proper now and it was hard to believe this was really him.

“Okay. Thank you, sir.” Mr. Kang nodded his head slightly before crossing something out on his notepad and putting his arms down by his side.

The rest of the elevator ride was short and filled with stares from Namjoon towards Jimin and Jimin trying to figure out his casual friend (now husband) had created such a proper work place. Or rather, he was just confused as to where the time had gone between Namjoon playfully calling him a idiot in class for doodling on his paper to now being so… official. It was crazy.

When the doors opened, Namjoon was the first to walk out, Jimin and his husband’s assistant following right behind. He didn’t really want to get lost in this building, even if this floor in particular just seemed like a giant hallway with doors and a desk off to the side.

Once they reached the far doors, his assistant sat at the desk right there and Namjoon opened the doors for Jimin to walk in first and the younger obliged, taking a step into the vast space. It had windows that spanned across the back wall from floor to ceiling. There was a dark wood desk and a nice leather chair behind it with two chairs in front of the desk and off to the side there was a small black couch and two chairs parallel to it. The only other thing in there was a coffee table and a cabinet. It was sleek and simplistic like a mini version of Namjoon’s apartment.

“This is nice.” he mumbled to himself.

Namjoon let out a small chuckle. “You like it then?” he shut the door behind them as he made his way to the desk, gently trailing his hand across Jimin’s back as he passed him. “You should sit. The chairs are comfortable.”

“Where do you usually sleep?” Jimin asked as he sat down in the chair across from him. With just a glance around, there didn’t seem to be a very comfortable place to sleep if he were to stay the night there.

 

“Sleep?”

 

“Yoongi told me you sleep here often.”

“Ah. Yoongi got to you.” Namjoon chuckled softly, opening up the paper container with a nice salad inside. He opened the other container as well, letting out a small sigh. Salads were nice and he should have expected it to be the same thing like it was every day but just like every day, he still held a small hope that it would be something different. He said he liked salad one time for lunch and his assistant had gotten him the same thing since. “I sleep on the couch. It pulls out and is pretty comfortable honestly and that closet over there,” He pointed with his fork. “Has extra clothes.”

“Don’t tell me you freshen up in the bathroom too.” Jimin laughed a little as he took the extra salad, cracking it open.

“No,” He laughed with him. “I usually stop by the apartment before I get too bad. Now, what else did Yoongi tell you?”

“Why? Do you have a secret you’re hiding?” He stabbed his fork through a leafy green, staring up at him with teasing eyes.

“Pfft. No. You’re the one person who knows everything about me. No secrets here.”

“Then… why didn’t I know what you did for a living?” He raised an eyebrow and Namjoon smiled softly, calmly replying, “It never came up. You knew I had my own company so I didn’t lie.”

“Good answer. What do you make at this company?” he asked. It was just a playful interrogation, small conversation over lunch together. He hadn’t realised how much he didn’t know about Namjoon after his conversation with Yoongi this morning.

“Toys. Electronics. Blankets. We're reaching greater lengths, too. Actors, idols, models, etc.”

“Is that all?”

“Not really. There is a wide variety of things under the umbrella of our company.” Namjoon explained, adding a few extra things that not even Yoongi mentioned earlier before he took a bite of his food.

Jimin sighed, resting his head in his hand, fingers reaching into his hair as he picked at his salad. “You make people our age seem… unaccomplished, compared to you.”

“I’m taking that as a compliment. I think my success is from hard work, luck… a need to succeed and provide for my family.”

He smiled softly, “Other than the fact that that sounded like an amazing answer to a magazine interview, that was very sweet Joonie-ah.”

“Which part?”

“The part where you said you want to provide for a family.”

Namjoon gave him a sheepish smile as he took another bite, pushing around the rest of it in the container. “Was it really so sweet?”

Jimin nodded. “Mhm. I just can’t seem to put my thumb on who your family is…” His voice trailed off and he looked up at him with a small smirk on his face.

His husband rolled his eyes. “You don’t have any idea?”

“Nope. Who is this family of yours?”

“Well, there’s this little fluff ball I have at home. He’s small and white and steals cheese whenever I eat it. And then there’s this guy - man - that I’m in love with. He has the most beautiful smile. His features are so gorgeous that it’s difficult to describe; there aren’t enough words in any language to describe his beauty or how much he means to me. The first time I met him, I don’t even remember but one day he was just in my life and he’s never left it. It’s endearing really… I don’t think I ever once thought about being with a woman - romantically, physically, any way - because I was always focused on this beautiful man in my life. We grew up together… literally. We literally grew together.” He had set his fork down and leaned back in his chair, a warm smile on his face as he gazed at Jimin. “The only regret I have with him were those two years when I forced him away. Man, those were the worst. I felt so alone without him in my life and no matter how much I wanted him away… I still read those letters he sent and they only made him love him more. That is the only regret I actually have but he wasn’t to blame for that. Not at all. I was the one who broke us but never again. Anyways, he is the love of my life and always have been. I think we may even be destined to be together but that seems crazy.”

Jimin felt giddy listening to how much his husband loved him. It made him want to melt and somehow at the same time he felt so full of energy as if the fact that he was loved unconditionally made him confident. “Who's this man in your life?”

He laughed again. “I think it’s pretty obvious.”

“You forced me to say I love you in front of a bunch of people.”

“They couldn’t hear you though.”

“Just tell me who it is~” Jimin whined a little and Namjoon obliged, “It’s you, dummy.”

“Ah, I know. It’s nice hearing you speak so fondly of me.” He leaned back in his chair as well though his didn’t appear quite as comfortable as Namjoon’s was. He curled his feet up under him, his smile growing.

“I’ll tell anyone who listens.”

“Noo~ Don’t do that. Only tell me, maybe our friends. Not everyone just yet.”

“Just yet?” Namjoon gasped a little. “Are you going to tell more people soon then?"

"Maybe, I dunno. Even the thought of telling certain people makes me sick to my stomach. I don't want to tell some of them."

"Like your mom?"

"Like my mom." He agreed with a nod of his fork toward the other before stuffing more of the greens into his mouth. "As much as I've tried to push her out of my life, she's still here and she's still... mildly homophobic." Heavily homophobic. So homophobic that even innocent hugs of two boys was disgusting to her. "I think it would be a lot easier of she wasn't in my life, if she didn't solely raise me, you know? I may not have such a hard time accepting me if she...- ah. It's so difficult to talk about my mother behind her back."

It was quiet between the two, Jimin secretly yelling at himself for talking badly about her without her being there and Namjoon was there, himself, having his own thought or two about Jimin's mother. He'd never know the extent of what happened or what he suffered through when they were kids or anything that carried into adulthood, but he knew it was bad. He wished he could give her a piece of his mind... tell her how disgusting she was for saying everything she did to her own son.

"At least we have Yoongi on our side. I'm sure he will gladly adopt you." Namjoon chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ah, skipping right over my own grandma and to Yoongi?" Jimin laughed softly and Namjoon nodded with a giant smile. "I'm sure your grandma would be lovely too but in my opinion, Yoongi would be the best."

"Why not Seokjin hyung. He's the oldest of us all."

"He doesn't know we're gay."

He laughed again, shoulders shaking as he dropped his fork into his container, lenaing back in his chair. "Ah, that's a good one. As if our friends don't knwo we're gay. I'm pretty sure they know... Before we were married, I thought they had no clue - I didn't even think you knew - but now that I'm married and I've thought about it, I think they definitely know. I mean, two guys... they don't just stay friends for so long with no fights or anything really. Ah, we act so gay sometimes too."

"Oh, you mean when we drink together?" Namjoon smirked a little and Jimin nodded with a little glare. "Yes."

"Which time though? The time at the restaurant when you kept holding my hand or the time we were at Jin's apartment and you decided you wanted to cuddle."

"Cuddling and hand holding between two men is debatably gay. I say it isn't exactly gay."

"But it was done in a gay manner, babe. You liked me. You held my hand and cuddled with me... it may not be gay for two straight guys but it's definitely gay for us."

"Ah, you make it sound so bad." Jimin chuckled as he curled up in the chair, resting his cheek in his hand. "We were two people who happened to be more affectionate than others."

"Admit that it was a bit gay and then I'll drop it."

"It was a bit gay... not completely though. Just a little." He pinched his fingers together.

Namjoon laughed again and after a moment it died down to a soft chuckle that resonated from his chest. A second of silence followed before he asked, "So, what else did Yoongi tell you?"

"Oh. You know, just the usual businessmen stuff... drinking at work, screwing the assisstant-"

He laughed harder this time, nearly spitting out chunks of salad at his husband if it weren't for his control of his lips. What he said wasn't necessarily funny considering there were probably a bunch of people who did that exact thing but knowing himself and the amount of seriousness Jimin had while saying it was just too funny not to laugh. "Sorry, I'm sorry."

Jimin chuckled softly. He was only joking. He knew Namjoon would be caught dead before fooling around on the job - he wasn't even like that when they were kids. Jimin would try and give him food in class and Namjoon would give him a death glare that sent shivers down his spine and a roll of his eyes.

"I'm kidding." He finally murmured once his husband regained control of himself and there were no threats of chunks spewn at him. "He just told me that you're a good worker and whatnot."

"That all? Wow, I'm surprised he didn't say much."

"Well, he did say that you only eat out on Fridays... with some masked mistress or something." Jimin supressed a smile as he turned his mouth into his hand, holding back a small laugh.

Namjoon chuckled. "Oh yeah, since I have so much time on Fridays to have dinner with you and juggle a mistress."

He shrugged while letting his smile peek through. "I dunno... I mean, you're certainly handsome enough for it."

"Ah, I am pretty handsome, aren't I?" His husband held his chin with a cocky smile, tilting his head up to the light.

"The most handsome man I've ever seen."

"I would agree but that would be a lie. The most handsome man I've ever seen is sitting across from me with the cutest smile and most dazzling eyes."

Jimin's cheeks warmed and he looked away from him, waving his hand. "You're just a sweet talker."

"A sweet talker who happens to be married to the most beautiful person in the world."

He giggled a little, covering his mouth. "You really know how to charm someone. Are we sure you don't have a mistress?" He teased and Namjoon let out a small laugh, holding his hand up then. "See this precious ring? It wards off all mistresses and misters and is also a giant promise that I will never have one."

"Ah, and you're a man of your word, right?"

"Of course."

"Pinky promise me I'll be the only love of your life." Jimin held out his pinky across the desk, leaning so far forward in his seat that he was nearly falling off the edge and now that he thought about it, the chairs seemed ridiculously far away from his desk to be honest.

"I don't know if I can do that." Namjoon mumbled, a small smile still on his face as he saw the mixture of concern and hurt that came across Jimin's face. He could see the rant about how he should only ever be the only love of his life and before Jimin could open his mouth to let it out, Namjoon stopped him. "Because one day we'll have a little one and they'll definitely have a piece of my heart."

"You should have lead with that." Jimin let out a small sigh. "You seem too... good, sometimes. Like I'm waiting for the bad part about you or something but you think that would have shown up after so many years of friendship."

"Lemme help you out now so you don't waste a lifetime trying to find the bad things about me, there aren't any. And if there are, you've already accepted them, baby."

Another sigh and Jimin wiggled his pinky in the air. "I'm still waiting. Pinky promise me that I'll always be the number 1 love of your life. There can be others but I can and will always be the first."

Namjoon's smile grew and he leaned forward, hooking his pinky with his husband's. "I pinky promise. You'll always be the first and greatest love of my life."

Notes:

okay i hope you enjoyed!!!

also also i have been dying lemme tell you peoples-
ㅜㅜ
the black and white joon selca we got just recently-
kills meeeeeeee
LIKE WHAT IS HE DOING??? OUT HERE LOOKING LIKE THAT ㅠㅠ

also also-
i'm sorry if the chapter is bad ;;
i lack confidence in my abilities like... 90-ish% of the time so hang in there with me

Chapter 41

Summary:

umm more of their afternoon ;;

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

"So what are you doing for the rest of the afternoon?" Jimin finally asked as he turned in his seat again, draping his legs over the arm rest. Their salads were long forgotten and nearly gone, abandoned on Namjoon's desk. He had been wondering why he would need the entire afternoon off if they were only having lunch and now, it really was well past lunch. He'd been sitting in the same chair for about two hours, chatting with his husband but Namjoon had started to work again and it had been quiet for too long.

Namjoon looked up from the file in his hand, a small smile on his face as he shut it. "I planned on going home with you. We need to work out a few more things, don't we? Like our engagement party or at least the announcement to our friends. Finding an apartment... a couple other things I'm sure we'll think of when we get there." He explained, marking something off on the paper with his pen that Jimin couldn't see nor did he bother to try. He knew that his lack of experience in his husband's field would only create a burden if he tried to help.

"Ah, I forgot about that stuff." He hummed softly. "We should eat in tonight. Yoongi and I bought a bunch of groceries and-"

"You bought groceries?" Namjoon asked with the biggest smile Jimin had seen that day. The idea of Jimin going to the store and buying food for both of them, it was such a homely act that he couldn't help his smile.

"Mhm. Groceries and walked Rapmon too. He is so wellbehaved..." He murmured as he took out his phone, scrolling through the notifications on the lockscreen.

That was too cute... He could see Jimin probably holding Rapmon the entire time like he was a small lapdog or something. He was quite small but not small enough to carry everywhere and he was certainly not big enough to carry around while grocery shopping so the idea of Jimin doing so was just heartwarming.

A few more minutes passed again and the two had fallen silent. Jimin had become distracted with reading his notifications, trying to gather as much information from the few lines of messages he could see without having to click it and have it be known that he read it, and Namjoon was shifting through his files. Surprisingly it wasn't Jimin who broke the silence, Namjoon had grown too curious as to what was so interesting on his husband's phone to simply pay no mind to it.

"Anything interesting?" His eyes were still focused on the papers in front of him but he glanced up for a moment to see the small blush and smile from Jimin.

He quickly put his phone to his chest, looking over at him, his smile growing wider. "Nothing~"

"Aww, c'mon. Don't lie to me. It has to be something to keep you from breaking the silence." He crossed his arms as he leaned back in his chair, eyes focused on Jimin who was still trying to hide his phone as if he weren't just on it. Whatever was on it, Namjoon didn't particularly care but he was a bit jealous that the device had more attention than he was getting.

"I don't usually break the silence." He mumbled under his breath, sitting up properly in the seat as he turned to face him better.

"You do."

"I really don't."

"Ah, but you really do."

Jimin let out a small huff as he narrowed his eyes at him. "Shh."

"Only because you asked so nicely." He chuckled softly and Jimin lit up. "So what's on your phone?"

"Messages." His smile faded a little as he glanced down at the screen. "My team keeps asking where I am, why I didn't come today. My mom keeps messaging me too, crazy stuff like 'are you dead'. I'm very tempted to text back but I dunno. I like the mysterious aura behind being MIA."

The two shared a small chuckle as Namjoon set his papers down. "You have always been so mysterious... I think it was only a matter of time before you did go MIA."

"Oh yeah, sooo mysterious. I've had the same routine fort he past, I don't know, 10 years or so? So mysterious." Jimin said and Namjoon smiled. "Routine is good though. I've had a pretty steady routine for a couple of years."

"Yeah but your schedule is flexible, mine is like etched into marble. If I try and change it with my little tools-"

"A chisel and hammer."

"Yeah. If I try to fix it with those, I end up breaking my world to pieces." He let out a small sigh as he slumped back in his chair again. He was overwhelmed with reality and that was just another reason why he didn't go into work today. Going in meant facing reality; the reality that he was quitting; the reality that he actually did get married and had a honeymoon; the reality that he was gay. All of those things were wonderful things he was happy with but he just did not want to admit it yet. He wanted to move on in his own little bubble of happiness with Namjoon without facing crappy reality. "I don't know what I want, Joon-ah." He murmured, letting another sigh with a small pout.

"You don't have to know what you want right now. At least not when it pertains to everything. You can just... you know, take things slow. What do you want for dinner tonight? What do you want to wear to bed later? What is the plan for today? And if that's too slow then, when do you think we should have that get together with our friends? It doesn't have to be all planned out right now."

Jimin chuckled again. "You're so collected... ah you make being an adult seem easy."

"It's not easy at all. I have an assistant to help keep my work schedule together. Then I have Yoongi. That man is the only reason I have groceries most of the time and why Monnie is still alive. Oh, and you two are the reason I even eat. It's far from easy but I keep it together because i know that if it doesn't work out at the end of the day, I can still get back up the next morning and keep trying, you know?"

"Ah, I wish I had that but I'm pretty sure if I did, I'd feel even more out of control." That was true. If someone scheduled everything for him without him really knowing when things were happening or simply the fact that he didn't plan it himself, he would probably go crazy. Things were done well when he did it himself. "But taking it one day at a time does seem like a good idea. Or at least one week at a time."

"Good idea." Namjoon said. "What's the plan for this week?"

"I'm staying over again tonight. Tomorrow, I go into work unofficially."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning I don't dance or do anything work-related aside for announcing that I'm quitting... I'm unsure if I'll announce it though. Maybe leave silently after telling my boss. Then, um... Maybe I'll meet up with Yoongi to walk Rapmon again. Get some clothes from my apartment... avoid my mom at least for this week. Friday though." His voice trailed off with his head tilted to the side and eyes dazed. He was staring right through Namjoon but Namjoon still loved it. At least he was looking in his general direction. "Friday we should try and meet up with our friends, tell them the big news and everything."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded his head, his eyes focusing on Namjoon again. "Mmmhmmm. If they won't support me after years of friendship over something i really can't control - like love - then what was the point of the friendship?"

"Then what about your mother?"

"What about her?"

"What happens if, you know, she doesn't accept the marriage?"

Jimin let out a small sigh as he leaned further back into his chair, his cheeks puffing before he blew out all of the air. "She could disown me, never talk to me again, attempt to destroy you and me... there's many things she could do. Frankly, I don't want to tell her at all."

"But you should."

"Yeah I really should but it's difficult. You know my dad's not out of the picture. My mother basically raised me by herself... so if I were to lose her, I'd lose my only family really."

"It's not your only family, Jimin. You have me now and you have your friends."

"Who might now accept me-"

"You know Yoongi does and your grandmother does and so does Mrs. Choi. You do have a family."

"Blood family, Joonie-ah." Jimin mumbled, a small frown coming to his face as he realized how alone he really was. Well, he was but he wasn't. He didn't have a father and his mother was there but only to critisize him and he had friends but friends are only friends, and now he had Namjoon so that counted at least but some part of him didn't want to completely depend on Namjoon for everything.

Depending on someone was a dangerous thing. No only did it leave you so dependent on that person but it left you defenseless if they were to leave and while he didn't think Namjoon would leave him, there was still an inkling of fear that was keeping him from depending on anyone completely.

"Marriage is just as strong as blood." Namjoon replied. "Even if everyone you're physically related to leave, you will always have me Jimin."

"Will I?" He mumbled under his breath, eyes focused on the desk between them rather than Namjoon. His throat felt tight and he could tell that if they continued talking about this he would probably cry.

"Of course you will. I'm not leaving."

"Joonie-ah." He pouted as he looked up at him again, a small sadness in his eyes. "You've left me before."

"And it was the biggest mistake of my life. I was a young kid who was terrified of admitting my feelings so I ran and I hid and forced myself to be someone I'm not. But that was the old me. That is someone I refuse to be again because I was unhappy. I was unhappy without you in my life. I was unhappy forcing myself to be someone else. So I'm going to continue being me and if you didn't know, I am someone who has and will love you for the rest of my life." Jimin's pout grew; not because he was sad but because Namjoon's words seemed so heartfelt.

Those two years when they rarely talked. Those two years when Jimin tried relentlessly to hold onto the one thing he genuinely loved. Those two years Namjoon pushed him away... Fuck those years honestly. Screw them in every way, shape, and form.

They hurt and he didn't want to think about them. Not only did he write Namjoon daily, every note he wrote was written out of love despite what he was going through, despite the pain he endured. It's not like his life was a living hell; he was quite lucky to have a good job and a place of his own at his age back then, but living without his best friend... not having him there, that was painful.

So painful he enlisted at the same time on the delusional hope that maybe they would be put in the same unit or whatever (he never really understood the terms of the military). And that delusion was confirmed to be a real when he was admitted into civil service rather than military service. It was something he didn't admit to his friends or even his mother because thankfully he was assigned to a quieter part of Seoul for patrols and so he didn't have to face anyone he knew but it was still embarrassing. He wasn't even sure why he wasn't passed through into military service but frankly he didn't want to look into it too much. It was just another way to prove he was weaker than others and that was something he hated.

Anyways, the point is, Namjoon drove him to enlist. They were enlisted at the same time, not going through the same things but things nonetheless and despite the way stresses and pain he felt back then, he still tried.

Ah, it was difficult not to become upset over because he tried so hard but Namjoon tried harder to push him away. He hated that he was ever pushed away at all.

"Do you trust me?" Namjoon asked after a few minutes of silence of just Jimin thinking to himself.

He nodded his head, staying quiet. He did not know what to say.

"Then you should trust that I won't leave you again Jimin. Trust my word. I promise you that I'll never leave again."

Jimin swallowed hard as he tore his eyes away, looking down at the ground as he wiped the few stray tears that escaped from under his eyes before he answered. "I trust you."

"Then, next Sunday, you and me will go to your mother's house." Jimin's fingers tightened into his sweatshirt at Namjoon's words. Theoretically, he was okay with going to see his mother and even telling her about the marriage but in reality... oh no no. That was a big no no.

"What about your parents?" He mumbled and Namjoon put on a cool smile but his own throat was tight with fear. "We'll go after seeing your mom."

Notes:

let us all collectively come together to hate on Jimin's mom cause screw her -.-

she won't be in the story very long though so :)))

anyways i hope you enjoyed!!

also also!! would you guys like to see any side ships O>O
i will literally write anything cause oui they so cute ㅜㅜ
or if there are any date ideas or flashback ideas you'd like me to write i can ^^
just comment whatever :3

Chapter 42

Summary:

this is a flashback that is ah not fun ㅜㅜ
jimin's mother sucks <3

Notes:

tw// homophobia and slurs cause jimin's mom sucks ;-;

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

"Jimin-ah." His mother's voice shouted through the phone and he couldn't tell if it was because she forgot she didn't have to shout on a phone or if it was because he had done something wrong and she was angry. Jimin groaned softly, running his hand over his face to hopefully push away the sleepiness enough so he could answer her but before he could even mutter a word, she was continuing. "I thought you said you'd meet me here! It's 10 minutes past when we agreed. Where are you?"

"Where... what?" He asked, blinking his eyes as he tried to adjust them to the brightness of the room. He could have sworn he'd only dozed off for a few minutes but that was clearly not the case if the sun was up. "What're you talking about, mom."

His voice was scratch and he was groggy and his mother must have noticed. "You just woke up, didn't you?" She let out a small sigh followed by words grumbled under her voice that Jimin chose not to remember. "Get dressed and meet me at the house. If you're not here, I swear..." She hung up, not leaving any time for Jimin to complain which only made him frustrated.

He dropped his phone onto the pillow beside him, turning his face into it in a desperate and tired attempt to fall back asleep or suffocate, which ever came first and whatever would be a better excuse as to why he couldn't go home. After a minute of breathing in the material of his pillow, sleep long gone from him and irritability now taking it's place, he forced himself out of bed.

Racking his brain for why he had to go to the house while getting ready proved nothing. There was not a single thought in his head or reason why he would have to go there today. Usually he only came back home once a month and that was because he was usually tricked into coming back. His mother was quite the schemer, always trying whatever she could to get him to stay even for an afternoon but frankly he hated going back. As thankful as he was toward his mother for supporting them when they were young and trying her best at being a good mother, he still hated that house. Yes it held wonderful memories but there were bad ones too that he preferred to forget and going back there meant he'd have to remember them. Those bad memories are exactly why he got his own place too. There was no point in coming back when he had everything he needed in his own apartment and at 26, going back home even for an hour was the last thing on his mind; he had other things to do.

Yet, here he was walking down the street on the way to his childhood home, still dressed in his pajamas. The only diffence between what he woke up in and what he was wearing now was the beanie placed over his messy hair. His mother was crazy if she were expecting anything better than pajamas after waking him. He didn't care if it was 1 in the afternoon, he wasn't getting dressed up on Sunday unless it was important; she probably just needed a lightbulb fixed or something.

Jimin continued on down the sidewalk for a while until he reached the house - one of the perks of his apartment was that it was too far for his mother to walk there so if she really, really needed to get there she had to take the bus which was one thing she hated. Public transportation was a germ infested thing that she just "could not" handle in any way, at least that's what she claimed when she bought her knew car. Jimin didn't care though. He liked walking or taking the bus.

He stood in the door way, about to knock on the door when it flung open with his mother standing there. She pulled him into the house by his shirt, glaring at his outfit once he was in the walkway, shoes piled up around his feet. "What's with this?" She picked at his shirt again. "What is that? Is it a stain? What did... whatever. Nevermind. It's good enough."

If she would have let him speak he could have told her it was bleach stain, hence why it was only pajamas but she was clearly in a rush so he didn't bother explaining himself.

"Come with me." She pulled his arm and guided him into the living room where two women sat on the couch. Jimin had never seen them before but he didn't like where this was going. Two women - one significantly younger than the other, about Jimin's age - plus his mom and himself, this reeked of something shady. "Have a seat." She directed, sitting him down on the couch across from them. He glanced at his mother and then at the women, suspicious thoughts running through his head before his mother even sat down beside him.

"Sorry for the long wait. He usually isn't like this. I suppose he was just tired from a long night. He was here late, helping me the entire night." She bullshitted her way past all of the questions that could be asked before getting right to the point. "So what do you think?"

Jimin cocked an eyebrow as he looked toward his mother again, wondering if she were talking to him or the guests. Ah, but who was he kidding? She was obviously talking to the guests. Why would she care what he was thinking right now? If she cared, she wouldn't have woken him up on a Sunday.

"Hmm. He is quite handsome." The elder woman spoke first, eyes prodding at him like she were nitpicking every detail she could look upon. "And he is still young."

"He's cute." The younger mumbled to the other and Jimin swallowed a little, sitting up straighter. He didn't know how to take compliments (especially from complete strangers) yet alone how to sit still while being silently ridiculed and put on display for everyone.

The elder hummed and nodded her head to agree. "Yes. How smart is he?"

"Well, he never ranked below 80 in his whole class and he was best friends with one of the smartest kids as well. He may not be the top on paper but he is a quick learner and is very well gifted, has his eyes set on Seoul National University but is currently saving up- Isn't that so smart? Saving money first to be able to attend college. You know we wouldn't be able to afford it even if we did put the house up, ah, I'm so proud of him. He's become such a wonderful young man."

There were so many things wrong with what she said that Jimin didn't know where to begin... but first, "ranked below 80"? Pfft, yeah right. Try low 90s. He had a streak for three years for holding the 97th place out of 150 kids and he was proud of it. In senior year, he reached 89th place which felt weird but he didn't pay much mind back then because he couldn't be bothered by such pointless tests. He was best friends with one of the smartest kids though, but that was about the only truthful thing she said. He wasn't saving up money. He wasn't a quick learner. He did not plan to go to any university. And he seriously doubted his mother being proud of him- all she did was lie.

But the women seemed happy with it.

"Really? You're going to Seoul National University?" The elder asked with a somewhat shocked look.

"I-" Jimin began but his mother beat him to it.

"Mhm! When he graduated he had all of these scholarships lined up immediately. It was crazy."

"Really?" She sounded even more surprised then than she did before. "Did he play any sports?"

"Oh no. No sports. He was academically inclined so I didn't want him risking an injury or anything. But they were there for him, the scholarships. Sadly he turned them down to attend the military - he was a cadet sargeant major. Can you believe it? And eh climbed the ranks quickly too. I was so amazed when he came out... ah. The scholarships sadly did not last through the two years so they aren't there but the universities have extended their welcomes until he is able to attend. It should be soon though. I heard he has quite the amount saved up already." She laughed a little before taking a long and probably much needed sip of her tea from how much she just ran her mouth.

The two strangers were intrigued and continued to talk with his mother about him as if he weren't there. Slowly he became irritated, wishing he could walk out now, make some excuse and just leave but he knew better than to do that. His mother would have his head if he were to leave so rudely and for no good reason so he sat there and took it. Sat there and listened to every praising lie that came out of his mother's mouth while the guests ate every part of it up and he was silent about it too until he heard his mother mention "date".

He flipped his head to look at her, eyes wide and mouth gone dry.

"When do you think it should be?" She asked the other mother and she began to reply, "I think maybe-"

But she was cut off by Jimin. "When what should be?" He asked, turned almost completely to his mother as he stared at her, waiting for her reply but she just chuckled and waved him off. "I think the fall would be nice. It's just warm enough for off the shoulder dresses and just cool enough for the guests not to be sweating."

Who freaking cared what temperature it was in the fall?

"Shall we do a traditional?"

"Oh yes. That would be best, wouldn't it? They don't need the money of a modern day wedding. It would simply bea waste and-"

"Wedding?" Jimin asked, blinking his eyes at his mother. "Who the fuck is getting married?" He rarely swore and when he did it was usually because he was drunk.

"Jimin." Her voice was threatening but he could care less. "Who is getting married?" He repeated, curbing the swear just for the sake of the guests.

"Well, what did you think this was, son?" The other woman spoke as if she could share his feeling of confusion right now. "You're marrying my daughter."

He couldn't help but laugh. He couldn't help but lean forward in his seat and even slap his freaking knee. That was too hilarious. The joke of the century. Marrying someone he just met. "This isn't some soap opera! Who even arranges marriages nowadays."

"People in the western countries, they-" His mother began but Jimin cut her off as he stood up so quickly that he pushed the couch back with his calves. "I'm not marrying anyone. I'll stay a single bachelor for the rest of my life and the day I do get married, you'll never know." He directed his gaze to the young woman, taking her hand for a brief and strong handshake as he said, "It was nice to meet you. I hope we never meet again."

She was left speechless as he stepped away from the group. "I hope you're able to be married some other time. I hope you're able to find your daughter a lovely man- hell, maybe even let her chose next time. And mother. If you do something like this again, you will never see me again." He muttered and before he knew it he was out of that monstrous trap.

He continued to stomp on down the street for quite a few minutes before he stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and shook his head in disbelief. "That did not just happened. It did not. There's no way, she would do that. She..." he shook his head again and continued his walk only this time, his steps were a bit more gentle. "She would not do that. A marriage." He snickered to himself.

That was the first attempt his mother had made of trying to throw him into a marriage but it wasn't the last. Between the two years that followed this failed trap and his marriage to Namjoon, Jimin had been set up on three seperate occassions to marry a complete stranger in the old-fashioned ways of an arranged marriage. Which, arranged marriages were okay if it was between conscenting adults who weren't forced into but it just was not for him. He wasn't one who wanted to be forced into a loveless marriage and then be left early on because they didn't marry for the right reasons. He didn't want to end up raising a kid by himself because his mother forced him to. He had already experienced that life once, watching his mother raise him by himself was already hard enough, he wouldn't do that to another kid so marrying for the wrong reasons was out of the question.

On one of the other occassions that she tried to set him, she had him drive about an hour outside of Seoul to this park he had never heard of before. It was nice, quiet. Trees dipping high into the sky, disrupting the liquid blue with their solid green. It was stunning and if he had found it himself, he may have even stayed a night or two to enjoy it but that wasn't the case. As soon as he drove up to the space, got his rented car in park and everything, he spotted her and a couple other strangers there, standing in what he could only describe as a "wedding stance"; possible mother-in-law on the left, complete young stranger in the middle, middle-aged man he'd never seen before holding a leather bound book and his mother on the right. It was the wedding stance, like they were all waiting for him to walk down the isle so they could be married. As soon as he saw it, he reversed and headed home, claiming he was too sick to go out that day, that the "meet up" with his mother had slipped his mind and that they'd have to reschedule. They didn't. That encounter was only a few months after the first.

And the third encounter was about a year after that one. 27. It was much later into the day. His mother had just caught him on his way home from the studio and drove him to her house again, talking his ear off the entire ride there. Talking so much in that monotone voice of hers that he nearly fell asleep against the window, so when he sluggishly got out of the car and into the house and sat down at the table, he couldn't handle her talking anymore. He dozed off at the table several times before his mother handed him a pen and claimed he needed to sign something about for the hosue which does not make any sense once he was more coherent to realize it, but back then it made sense. So as he put the pen to the paper, half of the first letter of his name already done, he realized what he was signing wasn't anything to do with the house, it was marriage papers. The other side already signed by some woman he had never even heard of and that was enough to slap him into being coherent.

That night wasn't the best encounter. After realizing what she was trying to do for the third freaking time, he lashed out.

"You need to knock this the fuck off!" He shouted and she sneered. "I figured you would catch the drift after the first time I told you. I'm not getting married. It was fine the first time but the second and now the third time?" He cocked his head as he stood over her, arms supporting him as he slumped over the table. He was so tired, muscles so worn out but he was irate. "What do you not get? What do you not fucking get? I do not want to be married. I want to live out my twenties pursuing my dreams and if by the time I'm 50, I finally get fucking married then that's how I want to live my life and I hope you're there to fully support me."

"I won't support a fag." Her words stung and rolled right off her tongue like she had been waiting years to say it.

"I'm not...- I'll happily marry a woman I choose and move so fucking far away from you that you'll never even bump into either of us, got it?"

"You will not speak to me like that." His mother continued to sit in the kitchen chair and stair up at him and despite the difference in level between them, she still had more power.

If he dared, he'd ask her what she would do but he didn't. He was weak compared to her. So he tore the paper into pieces before her before tossing it on the table between them. He walked out of the house and even though it was well past midnight, he walked home that night, fuming with anger but with each step he took that anger melted into guilt.

He should not have raised his voice to her. He should not have lashed out. He should not have promised something he could not keep; marrying a woman.

Notes:

I"M SORRY IT"S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I"VE POSTED (i think at least-)

my computer deleted four chapters so i had to get over that and write quickly ㅜㅜ

anyways i hope you enjoyed!!!
jimin's mom sucks just all around -.-

Chapter 43

Summary:

friendssss

Notes:

it's been so long i apologize ㅜㅜ
i've been burnt out cause classes have started and i had many essays already ;;

anyways i hope you enjoy~!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Guilt is such a funny thing really. It makes you turn around after making a life changing decision. It makes you cry after you steal your sibling's candy. It makes you ponder on things that happened so long ago late at night. Moost importantly, it makes you regret.

But Jimin wasn't sure if it was guilt that was holding him back or just pure fear. Coming out to his grandmother was easy when somewhat forced. Coming out to Yoongi was stressful but worked out. Coming out was easy. It really was. That's what Namjoon kept saying and he was starting to believe it but he will be damned if he were to walk into that restuarant and make a fool of himself by announcing that he's gay to all of his friends and an entire restaurant. In all moments of embarrassment in his life, he would bet that that would take the cherry on top of all of those moments.

He did not want to know what their reactions would be. He would rather tell them one by one, slowly making the way through the group rather than shout it out loud with neon signs.

That wasn't what they were doing though. They were just going to announce their marriage, not announce they were gay. That's what Namjoon kept reminding him the entire car ride there and what he continued to remind him as they walked in.

"It's just an engagement party."

"We're well past engage."

"Well this is the announcement." He chuckled and squeezed his husband's hand. At this point he didn't care what people were to say to them for holding another man's hand, he was going to hold it proudly if it meant Jimin's nerves would calm down even just a little. "And you don't even have to worry about strangers, I made sure we have a private section."

"You payed for the room?"

"Not exactly. Seven people... very expensive." He couldn't help but chuckle again. Money wasn't really an issue but he purposely picked this restaurant because there were seperate rooms for the best privacy. "We will be okay though. I promise. Our friends won't even be here for at least another 30 minutes."

"Jungkook always shows up early." Jimin reminded quickly. His mind was moving a hundred miles a minute on the fuel of his anxiety over today. He hadn't gone into work at all this past week to avoid this exact thing and now he was diving in head first.

"Yeah I guess he does, but that gives us at least 15 minutes." Namjoon leaned in to whisper as he opened the doorfor the two of them, standing up straight.

Jimin put on a smile upon seeing the hostess, biting his anxiety for the moment while they were lead back to the room.

The restaurant was more old-fashioned than what he was expecting and definitely not the usual place they went together but he wasn't complaining. There was a calm feeling here. Obviously there had to be guests but he couldn't see a single one aside for through the occassional cracked open sliding door into a room. It gave a sense of privacy that he was grateful for; Namjoon read him like a book and prided himself on how at ease Jimin had become in such a short amount of time.

"Told you not to worry." He murmured to him as they entered the room and Jimin let out a small sigh. "Maybe you did but this could still go badly."

Namjoon dismissed the hostess after a moment, telling her that they were waiting for their guests and wouldn't need anything until then and with that.

Jimin had found his way to the window, peering out at the street as he watched for any familiar face to stand out but after a few minutes, he couldn't help but turn away from it. The anticipation was killing him and staring out the window wasn't the best passtime. "How do you want to do this?"

Namjoon had taken a seat, waiting for Jimin to sit but he doubted that would happen any time soon. He was prepared for anything including his husband standing the entire time. "What do you mean?"

"Tell them right away? Wait till afterwards? Half way through the meal? Let them figure it out on their own? Have Yoongi tell them? Bring in balloons? Show off the rings? Sent out a group text?" He listed off ten other ways as he faced him, holding his own hands. His fingers were trembling but it couldn't be helped. It was either this or cry before they even got there.

"Originally, I was thinking of waiting till everyone was done eating first and then telling them but we could say it right away if you want."

Jimin quickly shook his head, taking a seat beside Namjoon. "No we should wait for them to finish eating. If they aren't going to be accepting it would be nice if we have one final meal as a group to keep in our memories."

"Mini-ah." Namjoon reached his hand under the table, holding Jimin's hand in his and with a gentle squeeze, he reassured him, "They'll accept us. I'm sure of it."

"And if they don't?"

"They're gonna have one hell of a hard time trying to live a life without you in it."

"Oh yeah since I'm so amazing." Jimin grumbled under his breath earning a light hit to his shin from Namjoon. "You are."

"Well I have to be something if I snagged you as my husband." He laughed a little, lightening up as he gently squeezed his hand in return. "Thank you."

"For waht?"

"For helping me, idiot. You know this is hard for me and you're forcing me to face it. I thank you for that."

Forcing... Namjoon didn't like the sound of that. Forcing someone to do something seemed brutal and he wasn't forcing him perse. He was just trying to help him so he wouldn't feel stuck in this funk.

"If you feel overwhelmed, you just tell me and I'll stop everything." Namjoon reassured, watching Jimin cautiously but the boy just blushed. "Like you did when we were-"

"Shh," he smiled wide. "But, yes. I'll ask if you're okay the entire time, okay? And you better be truthful."

"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." He promised, mirroring his husband's smile.

"Something tells me you're lying..." He narrowed his eyes at Jimin who quickly shook his head. "Nope. No lies. Only the truth here."

"Promise?"

"Ah, if you keep making me promise things, you're going to run out of promises to make." He mumbled, trying to get out of the promise because how could he possibly promise something he couldn't keep? Telling someone he wasn't okay even if it was Namjoon was difficult when he didn't want to admit it to himself.

"How could I possibly run out of promises to make? The world constantly changes and my love for you will continuously grow and with those two things combined, it's impossible to run out of promises."

Jimin stared at him for a moment, contemplating his words. "I can't tell if that was geeky or cheesy."

"It was both." He was quick to answer and the younger laughed a little, his smile growing. "I love you. You're so cute."

"Thank you, but you're cuter." He whispered and stood up from the table which just confused Jimin but he understood as soon as he saw Jungkook walk through the door. Clad in his classic monotone shaded clothes - black, black and black - he stepped into the room wearing those darn boots that made him tower over Jimin. He wore a giant smile when he saw him but Jimin was too nervous to move so Namjoon greeted him. "Kook-ah~" He smiled wide, wrapping his arms around his friend for a moment before patting his back.

"How have you been, hyung?" He asked as he pulled off his hat and revealed his brown hair that now had purple streaks in it. It was crazy how much he had grown since they first met. Jimin met him for the first time while getting his first tattoo when he was about 17 which meant Jungkook was only 15. He shouldn't have even been in the tattoo shop but who was gonna tell? He was so small back then, didn't have any piercings or tattoos and he could have sworn that the boy never even thought about dying his hair. Jimin couldn't handle the pain of his first tattoo so Jungkook talked him through. Blah blah blah, one thing leads to another and Jimin is going home with a new tattoo and a dude's phone number. He felt pretty special that day.

"Ah, you know. Good." Namjoon replied with a small chuckle before adding, "Wonderful." and Jimin could have sworn his husband glanced back at him but then again maybe his eyes were just playing tricks on him.

"That's good. How are you?" He asked once he walked a bit further into the room, finding a seat next to Jimin. He pulled it out and sat down, stuffing his buckethat into his coat poket.

The elder put his thumbs up with a forced smile. Forced not because he wasn't happy but because if he didn't smile as an answer he was pretty sure he might word vomit his way to announcing the marriage.

"That's good." Jungkook replied, nodding his head a little. "So, why're we here? I know we haven't seen each other in a while but it's kind of random."

"You'll see." Namjoon chuckled again, sitting back down by Jimin and now across from Jungkook.

"Oh this has to be good if you won't even give me a hint." The younger smirked.

"Yup. No hints. You'll have to wait and see." Jimin mumbled almost like he was trying to convince himself that this would go to plan or that Jungkook wouldn't be a secret homophobe willing to end years of friendship over something that couldn't be controlled.

"Ah." Jungkook sighed, his smirk fading into a wide smile as he crossed his arms and leaned back into the chair. "I can't wait to see what it is. It has to be something good. Do you know?" He asked Jimin even though he figured Jimin would know already. He always had this secret insider with Namjoon, knowing everything before anyone else was told.

Jimin agreed. "Mhm... It's a big, big surprise."

"I wonder what it could be." Everyone turned their heads and to their surprise they saw Yoongi standing in the door way with a small smile. Seeing him there both reassured Jimin that this would go well but also scared the shit out of him because what if he let it slip? Yoongi was typically pretty good at keeping secrets but watch this be the one thing he slips up on.

"Hyung!" Jungkook clapped his hands a little as he greeted him.

Yoongi slipped into the room, sitting down beside Namjoon. "So, what's the surprise?"

"Something big." Jimin answered quickly before clapping his own hands together. "We could definitely use something to drink, right? Soju... beer."

"Champagne for the celebration." Namjoon added in.

"Whiskey." Yoongi murmured and Jimin took note of it before going off to find the waitress. The thought that maybe this would have been way easier to do if they were at one of their apartments. He would know his way around the place. They could have as much liquor as they want. They could throw out anyone who was rude after announcing their news. They could have even ordered pizza! But it was too late to change it now. They could probably pile into a couple cabs once they got there but Namjoon already paid for their room so that option wasn't really available. They'd just have to do it here.

But as he wandered away from the room he couldn't get the thought out of his head that it would be so much easier to find the booze if he could get it himself instead of having to track down a waitress. He wasn't even sure if he was supposed to looking for her, didn't they usually come to the rooms? How else would people order?

With that realization, Jimin stopped right in front of the main doors, peering outside to the sidewalk. He was very tempted to run out there right now but that would be cowardous and wasn't right to do. They hadn't seen each other in so long so it would be wrong to run out right now and leave everyone questioning. He'd just stay there and play it off like this day couldn't ruin all of their friendships.

Jimin laughed to himself, covering his mouth after a second as he realized he must look crazy laughing to himself. He quickly scurried off back to the room.

"No drinks?" Jungkook asked and Namjoon chuckled. "Why're you so eager to drink?"

"I'm dehydrated hyung! My poor lips are cracked!" He complained.

Jimin walked over, laughing softly. "And liquour will help?"

The youngest nodded his head. "Of course it will. Some beer and soju... or just beer. Ah," He sighed, his face contorted into one of pleasure as he thought about how delicious the beer would be. It was just a dramatic act. He wasn't really dehydrated but free drinks sounded so good right now. "Champagne too... haven't had that in ages."

"Yeah, two days is so long." Yoongi smirked a little.

"Hey! It wasn't two days. I didn't have any champagne then."

"You did. Seokjin got some leftover from the wedding, remember?"

"Wedding?" Namjoon asked. "Who got married?"

"Some buddy of his." Yoongi answered. "Apparently the dude was left the day of his wedding and they already paid for the drinks and shit so he sent Jin like 5 bottles of champagne and a couple other drinks a couple days ago."

"We finished msot of them." Jungkook added in with a small snicker. "You should have seen, Yoongi. He was so drunk. His face was red and everything."

"Yoongi drunk?" Namjoon laughed. "Yeah right."

"He got to that clingy stage though! Would not leave Seokjin alone at all. I think he even spent the night."

"Oh..." Jimin hummed to himself, now understanding why Yoongi had been at Seokjin's the other day.

"I wasn't drunk, just tired." Yoongi tried to defend himself but it didn't really work. Everyone at the table knew that he got clingy when drunk, constantly wanting to hold hands and hug if he were tired enough. For someone who didn't show affection much, he surprisingly was the clingiest drunk at the table.

"When are the others supposed to get here?" Jungkook asked then.

Namjoon shrugged. "Whenever. Why? Are you in a rush? Are you going to leave right after, Kook-ah?"

The younger scoffed. "As if. I'm starving though and if we have to wait for everyone, I think I might die."

Jimin grabbed Namjoon's wrist, leaning over to read the time off of his watch. "You've been here for a total of 8 minutes. How could you be hungry?"

"I'm a growing man!"

"If you grow anymore, you're going to make us all look like little kids." He laughed a little and took Namjoon's hand, sliding their hands under the table so he could hold it and it went unnoticed. Well, he thought so. Jungkook was too frazzled defending his need for food to notice but Yoongi did and he couldn't help but smile. Smile so big that he had to cover his mouth and then Jungkook ended up thinking he was laughing at him which made the younger sulk. "You guys are so mean." He mumbled

"All of us?" Namjoon asked, gently squeezing Jimin's hand under the table before he rubbed his thumb over his knuckles.

"Yes all of you. You guys suck. No drinks... no food."

"No patience." Yoongi chuckled.

Jungkook got ready to add more before the door opened again and in walked two more of their friends; Hoseok and Taehyung. Everyone lit up, grateful to see their friends had made it there. Now they were only waiting on Seokjin.

Hoseok set down a bunch of colourful bags in the corner of the room, a grand smile on his face. "Wow, look at you guys~" He began. Fear and confusion instilled in Jimin and he squeezed Namjoon's hand tightly. Did he know? Hoseok wasn't good at keeping secrets at all. He'd so easily let it slip... oh god.

Yoongi gave him a death glare though, standing up from his chair as he guided him to sit down beside him. "How are you Hobi-ah?" He asked with a tight smile.

Jungkook was yet again oblivious though. He was too focused on doing his not-so-secret handshake with Taehyung to notice the bags or even the small aura of fear surrounding Jimin.

"Yeah, how are you guys? It's been a while."

"Over two months, Joon." Hoseok let out a small sigh. "I've missed my friends, what am I supposed to do without you guys? Hmm? It's so boring."

"You uh, you could have stopped by the studio." Jimin offered.

"I heard you're quitting."

"What?" He asked, tilting his head. "Who said that? I mean, I am but, who said that? No one at work knows. I haven't even told anyone." He was shocked that people found out without him even telling anyone - aside for Yoongi and Joon but there's no way they would tell.

"Ah, I forgot her name but she was quick to tell me. I went there about... a 2 weeks ago and she said you had quit."

Jimin shook his head with a snicker. "She was lying. I didn't even know I was quitting until just recently so."

"Is that why we're celebrating?" Jungkook suddenly butt in, now settled into a seat beside Taehyung. The two were close friends after meeting each other through Jimin.

That's how the entire friend group came to be. Each of them had ties to either Namjoon or Jimin and then the two of them introduced their friends to each other and it just sort of formed. Jungkook and Taehyung were Jimin's friends that he had met in his late teens. Yoongi, Hoseok and Seokjin were all Namjoon's friends. Seokjin was the newest one; they had only been friends with him for about two years. Yoongi was Namjoon's oldest friend (aside for Jimin); they had met in college - Joon was a business major and Yoongi majored in music and while those two things don't really go together at all, they became friends after sharing an apartment together. And Hoseok... he kind of just appeared one day. Nobody really remembered how Hoseok came to be in the friendship, he was just there one day. Namjoon swore he was Jimin's friend first but Jimin swore he was Namjoon's and so they just came to the agreement that Hoseok was a magical angel. It made sense.

"No. The celebrationg is for something much bigger~" Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows toward Jimin and Namjoon which did not help his nerves at all.

"How does he know? Who told him? Who else knows? Tell me." Taehyung whined a little. "I need to know. Does it have to do with you?" he pointed at Jimin who couldn't help his smile.

"Nope." Namjoon answered for him. "It's about me."

"If this is another promotion party..." He grumbled. "I love you, hyung, but if you bring us together one more time to boast about how well your life is going when I don't even have a job, I might cry."

"You won't cry." Namjoon chuckled and Jimin squeezed his hand a little.

"It is about Namjoon though. Not me." He murmured and Yoongi suppressed a smile, covering it with his hand as he coughed into as if that was the most nonchalant thing.

"Wow..." Taehyung huffed, crossing his arms. "I see what's going on. that entire side of the table knows what it is."

"We're going to Lotte world, aren't we? That's why you chose a place so close, right? Ah, I'm so excited. I haven't been there in so long."

"We went last year?" Hobi reminded but Jungkook didn't listen, too excited by the possibility. "Ah, we have to all rent those school uniforms and we have to pretend we're back in high school again."

"I'd rather not." Namjoon replied and everyone cringed a little at the thought of their highschool-selves. They were so young and naive that it really was cringey. Maybe they missed the youthful energy they had but there's no way any of them would want to relive high school. None of them were really that popular and experienced their fairshare of crappy instances where students picked on them so it'd just be better to exist in their twenties happy together as friends.

"Fine, no uniforms! But I at least want to go while we're out here..."

"Doesn't it close at 11? We should have plenty of time." Taehyung reassured his friend, gently patting his shoulder.

"I don't know about you guys but I plan on going drinking after this. Maybe hit up a few bars." Hoseok smirked, glancing at all of his friends to see what they thought but they somewhat stayed indifferent; Jimin was too nervous to focus on anything that would come after their announcement cause the idea was just turning his stomach; Namjoon was worried about Jimin and trying to make sure that they didn't become too rowdy and be thrown out before Seokjin even showed up; Taehyung and Jungkook were hyped up on the idea of going to Lotte World.

Then there was Yoongi, who suggest something different. "We could just go hit up a liquor store and go back to Joon's. Drink the entire night if we really want to."

"Ah, that does sound good." Hoseok's smirk turned into a giant smile as he leaned into Yoongi, brushing their shoulders together which caused the other to shyly smile in return.

"Hey, why my place? We always go to my place." Namjoon complained but everyone was quick to battle it down, combating his complaint with a list of their own: 'your apartment's the biggest', 'We miss rapmon', 'you guys always make a mess so it can't be at mine', and the classic, 'but hyung' whine from Jungkook.

In the end, Namjoon agreed that they could pick up some drinks and head to his apartment. Only if everything went well though... he thought it would but still, there's always that inkling of fear that people wouldn't accept you, even your closest friends. He had never told anyone that he was gay honestly. He had told all of the same people Jimin had and had done it with his husband, never alone. He was confident that their friends would accept them. He was confident his own parents would accept him too... Jimin's mother on the other hand. He knew that wasn't going to end well. In less than a day they would be confronting her and he needed this night to go well to prepare Jimin. He needed this to go well for Jimin.

So far it seemed like it was going well. Jungkook and Taehyung were clearly oblivious and somehow (*cough* Yoongi *cough*) Hoseok had found out, Yoongi already knew and obviously Jimin and himself already did too so this was going to be easy.

"Ah when is Seokjin gonna get here?" Taehyung whined after a few minutes. "I can't stand it. My poor stomach is so hungry." He held his hands over his tummy, rubbing them up and down. "I might die of starvation."

"You're just being dramatic." Jimin called him out, laughing softly.

"No!" He was adamantly shaking his head. "Seriously, I'm starving."

"Me too." Jungkook added.

"This jerk woke me up at 5 am." Taehyung started to explain, glaring at Jungkook for waking him up at such an ungodly hour. "Asked me if I wanted to work out, I said yeah and then we spend like 8 freaking hours at the gym. I didn't know people even stayed that long. I don't know how I can even stand right now." He continued to complain, whining and groaning between each reason as to why he was exhausted and tired all while Jungkook was holding back his laughter.

"Maybe 8 hours was too long..." he snickered and Taehyung glared at him again. "You think? I didn't even know half of the equipment we used."

"I still thank you for going with me. My other gym buddy cancelled last minute."

"I wonder why."

"And so I had to find someone quick. If it makes any different, I tried Yoongi's but he wasn't there and then I thought about going to Jimin's but I thought he'd have work or something. So then I came to you." Jungkook explained and Taehyung laughed a little.

"Oh so you never thought about inviting me? I'm hurt." Hoseok chuckled and Jungkook was about to explain that he didn't think Hobi would want to when the door opened again and their final friend entered the room with his charming smile and a couple bags of his own in hand. Slowly this was starting to feel more like an engagement party than an announcment.

"What took you so long?" Jungkook grumbled but Seokjin wasn't having it. "No hello? Wow... I see how it is Kook-ah."

"Hello, now why were you so late?" He rephrased his question with a small smirk on his face.

Seokjin rolled his eyes as he pulled out a chair, planting himself down into the seat. "I was late because I had to find a good gift for the newlyweds."

There it was. The secret was off the table. Everyone knew. Jimin felt numb as he stared at the eldest, eyes wide with shock and throat dry with fear. Namjoon, himself, was shocked as well. He couldn't do a thing but analyze what was happening, look at the reaction of his friends and try to comfort Jimin by holding his hand tighter. 'It's okay' he tried to transmit his telepathic message to the other and if there were a time that telepathy actually worked, now would be it.

Notes:

AHHHH
what do you think :P
i hope you enjoyed ^^
also thank you for 4000+ hits :((((

Chapter 44

Summary:

continuing dinner hwahwa~

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Namjoon let out a small chuckle, raising his one hand while holding Jimin's with the other. "Haha, very funny hyung. You've clearly had a drink or two, right? Your face is red now." He was trying to play it off and Yoongi was going to help. "Yeah, hyung. Ah, did you get into that champagne again? We're drinking after this and you started without us." He chuckled too.

Seokjin gave them the weirdest look, eyebrows furrowed together and head tilted to the side. He looked over his friends faces, so confused. They looked both confused and fearful by his words. "I didn't drink- I ran here! I ran here with the gift cause I couldn't get a cab and my car is at the shop so I had to run. You should know you're the only people I'll ever run for." He let out a small sigh, moving his chair more into the table. "Where's the food?"

"Joon made us wait for it." Taehyung started his complaining again and Seokjin laughed. "Why does he sound like he's dying?"

"Don't ask." Namjoon replied.

Jimin felt odd. He was on edge, like everyone knew the reason why they were there, like there was a giant elephant in the room stealing all of the space and making him antsy. But on the other hand, he felt relieved. If they did know, that meant they came here knowing that he was gay and that they accepted him and could eat a meal with him as a gay person. So... this was going well-ish. Kind of good.

He slipped his hand out of Namjoon's and his husband quickly looked at him, for a moment he was terrified that they went too far or something was said or just, anything... But Jimin didn't look upset. He didn't look like he was going to cry. He had a small smile and seemed happy. So happy that he couldn't help but smile in return.

"We should order food quickly... we don't want Tae starving." He laughed a little as he subconsciously leaned toward Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Yes, what do you guys want?" Namjoon asked.

"Shouldn't we get the waitress first?" He replied and everyone agreed and like a magical bell rang, she appeared in the doorway with a notepad to jot down the order. She wore a polite smile and her uniform with an apron on tied in the back. They all began to order whatever they wanted; an assortment of meats and noodles and even some seafood. She was gone in a few minutes with a promise of bringing back drinks.

"So..." Seokjin prompted, glancing around. "What is this meeting about?"

"Can't it just be because I missed you guys?" Namjoon asked but the elder was quick to pull out his phone and open his messages. "'Hey guys, let's hang out today at xxxx. Food's on me. I've got something big to tell you!' That's the exact thing you texted to all of us in the group chat 2 days ago. Clearly there's something you want to tell us."

"Jimin's quitting his job!" Hobi stood up quickly and clapped his hands.

Taehyung and Seokjin gave him confused looks. He leaned into Jungkook, whispering, "I thought he said that wasn't why we're here."

"We're going to Lotte World!" Jungkook said then, standing up and clapping his hands as well.

Yoongi shook his head silently, covering his mouth afterwards as he stifled a laugh.

"Sit down guys." Jimin chuckled and Namjoon spoke, "I'm gonna tell you what this is about after we finish our food. I want to make sure we have a good meal first."

"A good meal? Who died? Why would you say that in such a grim way?" Seokjin asked.

"Grim? How was that grim?" Namjoon chuckled. "I wanted to have a nice meal with my wonderful friends before announcing a life changing decision."

"Oh. So nonchalant... You're killing me with this anticipation. Now, what is it? What is the secret? I don't feel like waiting till after food."

Namjoon shrugged a little. "I don't know. You'll just have to wait and see."

"Who else knows?" Seokjin scanned the room, looking over his friends' familiar faces and they all just looked back. "You, you... and of course you. You three know what he's talking about." He pointed out Yoongi, Hobi and Jimin and now all of them were just trying to laugh it off.

"I don't know a thing." Yoongi murmured and Seokjin tried not to laugh. "Are you kidding? You're his best friend next to Jimin which is why he would know and you can't keep a single secret from Hoseok!" He let his laugh slip, his shoulders shaking slightly with it. "You three know what Joon's life changing decision is. Now spill."

"Don't you too?" Jimin asked then, tilting his head slightly.

A wide smirk spread across Seokjin's face as he leaned forward in his seat, folding his hands in front of himself. "Don't I?"

"Then why're you asking, hyung?" Hoseok laughed softly.

"Cause I want to see who knows too. It's fun."

"The people who don't know, did not bring a gift. It's that simple." Namjoon replied. "Oh, and Yoongi. Yoongi didn't bring anything."

"I bought groceries a few days ago. That should count. I heard you had toast and juice for breakfast that morning." He answered.

"Ahah... okay. Yoongi gets a pass."

"How was I supposed to bring anything if I didn't know what it was about?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung nodde dhis head curtly.

"You didn't have to bring a gift." Jimin reassured his friends. "Your prescence is already a gift enough."

Jungkook winked at him but Taehyung just said. "I would have brought something had I known what it was."

"Don't worry. I didn't bring anything." Jimin pointed out to try and make them feel better.

"Liar." Taehyung replied, narrowing his eyes at his friend. "You got friendship rings." He pointed at the ring on Jimin's finger.

Jimin's face turned beat red. In a few swift actions he looked at the ring and quickly ducked it under the table. "We got that a while ago though."

"Yeah, it's been two months since we've seen each other. They could have gotten those last week and we wouldn't have even known." Hobi reminded, trying to cover for his friends.

Meanwhile, Namjoon was watching this go down with an amused face, his left hand on the table with wedding ring and all for anyone to see if they wanted. It was right in front of them. If Taehyung and Jungkook put it together - the gifts, the rings, the fact that they were on a vacation for two weeks at the same time. It was right in front of them, but he knew that they wouldn't put it together until he said anything about it.

"Yeah... we got these like..." Jimin was usually a pretty good liar but there was something about his friends that made it difficult for him to lie to them. They were different. They didn't deserve to be lied to but answering this wasn't technically lying. "About a month ago, right Joon?"

"Yeah." He nodded his head, a charming smile spreading across his face. "I don't think I'll ever take this ring off."

Thankfully - Jimin was thanking every god out there - the waitress came in then with all of their drinks. Several bottles of random liquor they had asked for as well as multiple glasses were all set on the table. She dismissed herself quickly afterwards.

"Ah finally! Let's drink up!" Jimin laughed nervously, standing to reach for the drinks. He poured himself and Namjoon a glass of champagne and no one really noticed since they were all focused on pouring their own.

Namjoon whispered a soft, "Thanks baby."

He smiled, the heat never leaving his ears as he bowed his head slightly, lifting the glass to his lips to sip it.

"Ah, food needs to come quickly now. If I drink too much on an empty stomach, I'll vomit." Taehyung murmured before chugging down almost half of his glass. They all shared a small laugh at that.

"So, we're just ignoring the rings?" Seokjin asked, swirling his drink around the glass.

Jimin let out a small sigh as he slumped slightly in his chair. Just give it up, he wanted to say. Part of him wanted his friend to stop trying to spoil the secret right now. The other part wanted to stand up and announce it now... that part was much smaller than the other.

Things were going well and it was clear almost everyone knew but he still felt nervous. Not as much as before but the nerves were still there. On the off chance that they were just playing them both and just being nice or something, he was prepared for it. He was prepared for the worst and the fact that this was going so well was making him hesitant.

But those were thoughts not to be had right now. Not wihle he's trying to enjoy his time with his friends so he put on a wide smile and drank a little more.

"We're not ignoring them." Hoseok answered. "We addressed it. They said they are best friend rings."

"Claim. They claim they're best friend rings... it's a bit suspicious that it's on their ring fingers though." Seokjin murmured. He was determined to get them to say it before dinner ended. Waiting so long for such an announcement wasn't easy especially when he knew what kind of gift he had in his bag. They needed to hurry up and announce it so he could give it to them. "Plus, no one else has friendship jewelry."

Taehyung quickly rose his hand, "Tada! Friendship bracelete. Jungkook has the other." The maknae raised his hand too displaying the simple bracelete that matched Tae's.

"Yeah, I have a matching necklace with Joon too." Yoongi dropped causally. "Not on me but we have them, right Joon?"

Namjoon nodded. "Mhm. We bought them a few years ago."

"Yeah and Kook and I also have matching braceletes." Hobi added, showing off his wrist and it matched the bracelete that was on Jungkook's other wrist.

"What can I say, I'm a popular best friend." He chuckled and Seokjin shook his head. "So you're telling me..." He paused, looking over all of his friends in disbelief. "I am the only one at this table who doesn't have a best friend thing wtih you guys?"

There was a pause and a share of glances before they nodded. "You've never asked really." Jimin mumbled.

"But, if you really want one, I can make you guys braceletes! We could have one for each of us." Hoseok suggested with a bright smile.

"Sounds like a deal. I just can't believe you guys have things with each other but not me."

"What about those socks I got you for Christmas?" Yoongi asked.

"You're telling me you got the same pair of heart socks so we could match?"

He shrugged before taking a sip of his whiskey, it burning down his throat smoothly. If Seokjin starred at him any longer though... he'd probably start blushing of coughing. He wasn't sure which.

The waitress brought in the food and that's when the conversation nearly died down completely. Everyone was too hungry to hold a complete conversation though. Well, most of them were hungry. Seokjin was trying to finish his food so he could give them their gift, and Taehyung and Jungkook were literally starving from working out the entire day plus they wanted to know what the "announcement" was. Everyone else was pretty calm though. Maybe because they didn't have anything to get to; they all knew the secret.

"Ah, this is so delicious." Taehyung murmured to himself before lifting some noodles with his chopsticks. He leaned over and fed it to Jimin who happily ate the noodles. It was a normal thing for the two of them to share food together. Whatever was on Jimin's plate was free reign for Taehyung and vice versa, and if something tasted good enough to the one, the other was quick to share it.

Next to Namjoon, Taehyung was his closest friend, but Namjoon wasn't just a friend anymore and there was something about seeing someone else feed his husband that just didn't sit right with him. Now he wasn't the jealous type but what other word was there to describe the feeling in his stomach right now? He knew that Taehyung was Jimin's friend but at the same time, he should be the only one to feed him that way. It was his husbandly duty!

Namjoon quickly picked up what was on his plate - some japchae - and offered it to Jimin. "Ahh." He opened his mouth, waiting for his husband to do the same so he could feed him but he was an idiot. If he just took a big bite that Taehyung gave him and he immediately offered him some as well, that meant he was still chewing which would also mean his food would be rejected... in front of everyone. Ah he was just not winning.

He was about to pull his hand back, a small but noticable frown on his face, when Jimin took his wrist and leaned forward, quickly eating what was on his chopsticks despite still having food in his mouth. It was impolite, sure, but this was for love and being the romantic he was, Jimin gladly ate all of the food.

Moments like these when it feels like time has stopped but everything continues to move around them. It's moments like these where they feel trapped in together. So sweet and precious. Moments they'd remember. But no one around them even noticed the small act, too busy eating their food and frankly, Jimin preferred it that way.

"Why don't you ever feed me?" Jungkook complained after seeing Taehyung feed Jimin.

He rolled his eyes. "Why do I need to feed you? You're old enough to feed yourself." Tae replied and Jungkook let out a small whine, "But-"

Hobi presented a big bite of galbijjim (braised beef short ribs) to the youngest, dropping it onto his plate. "Eat up. It's very good."

Jungkook mirrored his hyung's smile, eyes bright and overall happy that his demands were so easily met. "Thank you." he murmured, picking up the piece and eating it before it got too cold.

Shortly after that, Yoongi slipped some food nonchalantly onto Hobi's plate and then onto Seokjin's just so they weren't left out even though that meant he was left out of the food-sharing circle now but eh. As long as his friends were happy.

Once all of the plates and bowls had emptied and most of the liquor was gone, a few waiters came in to clear the table. Namjoon stood up then, after everyone was poured a glass of champagne, and with a giant smile he said, "It's time."

"Finally." Jungkook sighed which garnered a few eye rolls and a small chuckle from Jimin.

"I have an announcement to make."

"We all know." Seokjin replied.

"Guys, shh. Stop interrupting him." Jimin let out a small huff.

Namjoon chuckled then too, raising his glass. "First, to new beginnings." He began and took a small sip of his drink, finishing before anyone else before he continued. "I got married." That caused a bit of choking and gasping for air...

Well, Jungkook choked and gasped for air, champagne travelling down his airway rather than to his stomach. He just wasn't expecting that. That was a big deal. Marriage. He couldn't even imagine himself getting married let alone anyone in his friend group. They were too young! They were too young to be married! Marriage was an adult thing and they... they were adults but not old adults. They were still young.

Taehyung, on the other hand, took it surprisingly easy. A little shocked face, lips parted after swallowing down his champagne - correctly - but then he realized it. That secret... that elephant that sat in the room that entire evening. "Oh!" He exclaimed. "For real? Really?" He asked, looking between Jimin and Joon and then to the people who had been in on the secret; Jungkook was still clueless.

"Shh.." Jimin put a finger to his lips to silence him so Namjoon could continue.

"Do you wanna know who I married?" He asked, scanning over his friend's faces, all of them smiling back at him and then there was Jungkook who was still a mixture of confused and shocked. He gently tapped Jimin's shoulder, signaling him to stand up but oh that was difficult. His legs were jelly either from holding back his own laughter, being numb from the chair, or fear plastered him there. He wasn't sure which but either way his legs were not moving.

Namjoon chuckled softly and nodded his head knowingly. That telepathy is real. "Jimin and I got married."

"Wow so amazing!" Seokjin stood up and clapped his hands rapidly. "Now let's open gifts!"

"Woah, what?" Jungkook asked, shaking his head slightly as he tried to process the information. He too looked at everyone to see what their reactions were and everyone was happy. He was just shocked. How did his two friends get married without him knowing? Ah, it's not fair. "You got married? Like married married?"

"And their honeymoon was a week ago." Yoongi chuckled after he dropped that little hint and Jimin blushed a little.

"Shouldn't we cheers the young couple now?" Hoseok asked, lifting his glass. "To Minimoni!"

Jimin drank some champagne, thinking the little nickname was cute but cringey... a bit embarrassing.

"To Minimoni!" They cheered and as soon as everyone's glass was on the table, Seokjin was out of his seat again, snatching his gift from the ground. "I got you guys something~" He set it down on the table in front of Jimin. "Hurry up and open it quickly."

"Isn't this a bit non-traditional guys?" Jimin mumbled, gently placing his hand over the box lid. He was tempted to shake it but as quickly as he had that idea, Seokjin shot it down. "Don't shake it. It's fragile."

"Ah, okay."

"And this is more just a you gift. Someone, cough, Yoongi, cough, told me that you would have a bit more time on your hands so I got you something special. Something to keep you on your feet kind of."

He gave him a hesitant look before he opened the lid and inside was a bunch of tissue paper. He pulled it all out of the box, setting it in his lap for the moment until he reached the end of the box and there sat a collar and a leash. His first thoughts were not the purest honestly. He wasn't even sure why that thought crossed his mind but what was he to expect? His friends were wild cards who would easily pull something like that. He lifted up the grey collar, smiling at the little bowtie in the front. "What's this for?"

"Ta da!" Seokjin chuckled. "The real surprise is actually at my apartment, hence why it took so long to get here. You'll have to wait and see it later."

"You went first to give him dog stuff?" Taehyung sighed and the elder waved him off. "I hope you like it."

"I'm excited to see what it is. Thank you, Jin-ah." He reached up and hugged him, the elder hugging him back tightly. "If he treats you badly, I'll snap his neck, just say the word." He badly whispered causing Namjoon to laugh softly.

"I'd never hurt him. He's my baby."

"Aww." The group cooed but Taehyung gagged. "Gross..." Something about his friend calling his other friend baby... no no. Cute when it wasn't people he'd known forever. Maybe it was kind of cute knowing someone called Jimin cute but still. No.

Jimin laughed softly as he pulled back and Seokjin did too, taking the tissue paper and box from him but leaving the leash and collar. "Thanks again."

"Okay, our turn." Hoseok said, standing up. He gently brushed past Yoongi as if indicating Yoongi was the "other" but he was confused. "Other? Me?"

"Well duh. We bought gifts together remember?" He nodded his head with a bright smile, trying to get Yoongi to go along with it and he obliged. "Ah yeah... Yeah I remember that. A couple days ago or so." He cleared his throat and drank the rest of his champagne. It was clear that they were both lying but it was just funny.

"Duh dum du dum. Duh dum du dum." Hobi hummed as he grabbed the first two gifts, setting them down on the table in front of them, pushing back the glasses to make way for them.

"I wonder what it is." Namjoon murmured, moving the tissue paper around at the top to peek in but Hobi was quick to swat at his hand. "Not yet. I gotta get my camera out." He walked around the table to where Seokjin was seated, pulling out his phone. "Okay, now you can open them." He pressed record, hiding behind his phone with his giant smile. He couldn't help it; he was just too happy for them.

The first gift was a pair of glasses with "Mr." written on both. It made Jimin giggle and he thanked the other. After that, Hobi kept handing gifts to them and by the time they were done, they had new glasses, silverware, a kaws statue for Joon and a soft robe for Jimin with his name engraved on the back.

“You guys, we love it all… thank you so much.” Jimin beamed, a wide smile on his face as he began pouring final drinks for them all.

“What do you say we all go back to our apartment and continue the celebrating?” Namjoon offered as he was putting the gifts back into their respective boxes and bags.

Taehyung snickered, a little more drunk than the rest of them. “As if going home was even an option, Joon-ah.” His lips curled into a smile. “We should all meet up there after this… get some more alcohol.”

“Yeah cause all Joon has is toast.” Yoongi murmured, laughing a little to himself and Jimin chuckled too.

“Only toast? Are you planning on starving your husband?” Seokjin asked as he put his phone down on the table, a bit more dramatically than what was needed. “You’re a crazy man, my god… Jimin, if he starves you, just text me, I’ll bring whatever your heart desires.”

He chuckled again and shook his head. “I would choose Joon’s toast over anything every day.”

The group cooed but it was short lived when a drunk Tae clapped his hands and stood, or rather, toppled over in a way that looked like he was standing. “Alright! It’s time to go. Yup. We all need to get going. We need to get home to party~” He giggled.

A couple of them rolled their eyes but each of them were grateful to get going for their own reason… sort of. As soon as the group dispersed into their own little groups, Jimin was urgently trying to put everything away in the car while he expressed that they needed to get to the apartment before everyone else so they could put things away and blah blah - He was panicking for no reason really but Namjoon thought it was cute so he let it continue until they reached their apartment.

Notes:

I GENUINELY SUCK AT UPDATINGGGGGGAHHHH ㅜㅜ

please forgive me peoples

in other news and stuffs, thank you so much for giving this story so much support and stuffs :>

as of right now there are 111 comments which i thought was really really cool hehe cause angel numbers and stuffs oui hehe

anyways!!! Please tell mi your thoughts!
we have a sad-ish chapter coming when Jimin confronts his mom so that's just a warning and stuffs ~(O>O)~

I hope you enjoyed^^
have a good day/night/afternoon/week/life/oui!!!!

Chapter 45

Summary:

things go well cause friends are forever <3

Notes:

i suck at uploading apologies ㅜㅜ

lemme just say-
i'm a little behind in schooling so i had to double-down and just make that my life for a few weeks ;;

anyways i hope you enjoy!!!!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The car ride to Namjoon's apartment felt shorter than the ride there. Jimin struggled to sit still, excited to finally get to the apartment and unwind for the night surrounded by his friends who were accepting of him. That was the most important part, knowing he was accepted made him feel loved and happy and in turn, that made him feel antsy too.

The two of them beat everyone else to the apartment thankfully; they needed to clean some things up or at least hide Jimin's luggage. That really wasn't necessary since they all knew that they were together now but if Namjoon had to guess, Jimin would likely be embarrassed if they found his underwear or dirty clothes. Namjoon opened the door and Jimin slipped in immediately, both of them carrying quite a few bags of the gifts they received.

Jimin walked in, at first making his way to the living room before he turned around, realizing he had no clue where to put any of this. Since they were married this was technically his apartment too but it obviously still felt foreign, not quite like home. He didn't know where to put anything and he didn't want to put it in the wrong spot so he turned to Namjoon for that. "Where do you want all of this?"

"Uh." Namjoon cleared his throat, the door shutting behind him. "The glasses can go in the cabinet though I don't think they'll stay there long. Knowing our friends, we'll be drinking out of them most of the night." He chuckled. "Um, the blanket can go wherever you want and same thing with Seokjin's gift. I'm not sure about the rest yet. We should just put everything in my closet so it doesn't get destroyed tonight."

"Our friends aren't that rambunctious." Jimin replied, paused and then added, "Actually, on second thought, I'll put everything else in the closet aside for the dog stuff and the glasses. Just in case."

The two of them laughed softly before Jimin took the gifts and made his way through Namjoon's room and to the closet, and Namjoon headed to the kitchen, pulling out some glasses and whatever alcohol he had there currently, which really wasn't much, only a bottle of whiskey and two of wine. He opened a few drawers in search of the corkscrew before he finally found it, setting it down by the bottles in preparation. Jimin came back in the room, completely changed out of what he wore to dinner, now dressed in Namjoon's pajamas. He wouldn't deny it, Jimin definitely wore them better than he ever could, though they were a bit big. He still looked cute.

"Shouldn't you change too? Aren't those work clothes?" Jimin looked him up and down, raising an eyebrow at the suit he still wore. They were, in fact, his work clothes. The driver had picked up Jimin and then got Namjoon straight from work so there wasn't much time for him to change.

Namjoon shrugged as he stabbed in the corkscrew, twisting it carefully before he pulled it out with ease. He poured himself some wine into his glass. "It doesn't really matter. I have more suits and it's not like I'm going to ruin it or anything." He smiled wide and within an instant of him picking up his glass and him trying to take a drink, he spilled red wine right down his white shirt. Wonderful.

Jimin's smile turned cheeky as he took his husband's glass. "Now, go change before everyone gets here!" He demanded and Namjoon chuckled before running off to the bedroom to change.

Before Namjoon had the chance to even find new clothes, the door bell rang which left Jimin to be the one to open the door for everyone, and that was a normal thing to do, opening doors and whatnot.. that was normal. For a moment, Jimin felt nervous to actually open the door for whatever reason but after drinking most of what was in Namjoon's glass, he made his way to the door. He smiled wide when he saw Jungkook and Taehyung there with a couple bags.

"Ah, come in." He stepped out of the way, holding the door open with an extended arm, letting the two of them come in.

"I wasn't sure what to get so I just got beer." Jungkook mumbled and Taehyung quickly pushed him out of the way, bottles clinking as he showed off his bag. "I got the real stuff! Soju~!"

Jimin laughed. "Okay, I think there's room in the fridge if you want to-"

"Oh hell no." Taehyung laughed. "We need to start celebrating!"

"Didn't we already start that at the dinner?" Jungkook asked but Taehyung didn't listen, already grabbing glasses from the cabinet and pouring himself a drink.

"Did you guys drink more after dinner?" Jimin asked, about to shut the door when Yoongi slipped through.

Jungkook pointed his thumb back at himself. "I did not but that idiot did. As soon as we got the booze, he opened one of the bottles and tried to drink nonchalantly which was just him bringing his sleeve up to his face way too many times for it to not be noticeable. Ah, he's so.." he grumbled something under his breath then, ruffling his own hair as he walked away.

Jimin just chuckled and greeted Yoongi. "Welcome... Joon is just changing."

"Oh~" He smirked a little as if there was a dirty reason behind it. Newly weds... changing clothes, about half an hour of alone time, it clicked or maybe Jimin was just reading too much into it but either way he denied it.

"He spilled wine on his shirt." He explained even though it genuinely was not needed. Yoongi chuckled and nodded his head, "That sounds like him. Thanks for holding the door."

Jimin laughed a little and agreed, "Yeah it does... anyways he should be out soon." His voice trailed off as Yoongi joined the other two. He couldn't help but feel a bit awkward now that everyone did know. He wondered what they thought of him. If they were genuinely okay with them being married or not or if they were just putting up with it for the friendship; if it was the latter, he didn't want that but it's not like he would find out. He'd probably keep these doubtful thoughts about his friends and the fear of what they thought about him to himself until it subsided and he got over it.

"Where are the chopsticks! We need to do a soju bomb!" Taehyung shouted as he pulled open a few drawers at a time. Jimin wasn't even sure what was in those drawers but he knew better than to have him ransack the place on search for chopsticks. He quickly hurried over to his friends, grabbing the utensil on the way before giving it to him. "Here, here."

"Shouldn't we wait for the others?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung looked up at him, then across the span of the apartment before he let out a small sigh. "I'll wait 5 minutes. If they're not here in that time, then I am starting without them." He grumbled more under his breath but there was another knock at the door and this time it was Rapmon that beat him there.

Little woofs filled the air as Jimin quickly came up beside him, gently holding him back as he opened the door again. Seokjin stepped into the walkway, a wide smile on his face as he held a little black floof under his arm. "Ta da! Surprise~!" He held the puppy out to Jimin, pushing him into his chest and Jimin happily took the cutie. "It's a jindo. I got it from my cousins, their dog had puppies and this is one of them~!" He scratched the top of the puppy's head and it squirmed in Jimin's arms.

Rapmon stood up on his hind legs, pushing against him to try and see the new possible friend but Jimin was too stricken by his cuteness to notice really. "Aww... so cute... What's his name?"

"Name? You choose. It's your dog dude." Seokjin pat his shoulder before he side-stepped around the dogs and Jimin, making his way to the kitchen with a loud scolding to Taehyung once he saw drinks already poured and the poor kid holding a glass just to tempt himself.

"Hmm. I don't know what to call you." Jimin laughed softly, kissing the puppy's head before he set him down on the ground, Rapmon bombarding the puppy with eager sniffs and licks. He chuckled and promptly shut the door, turning around and straight into Namjoon who caught him with a small hand on his waist and a soft smile. "Hi there..."

The younger blushed for a moment like he was caught in the act of something but he quickly pulled away. "Our friends are here." He reminded but Namjoon remained indifferent with that information.

"As if I didn't hang onto you every second even when we were just friends." He chuckled but respected it, nodding his head. "Who's this little guy?"

"Our wedding gift."

"No name?"

"You guessed it."

"Who all is here?" He whispered, leaning his head down a little. It was sort of like they were in their own little room, backs turned to the drunken chaos and eyes focused on two puppies now playing in front of them.

"Why are we whispering?" Jimin asked in the same hushed whisper.

Namjoon smiled wide, "I don't know. Who is here though?"

"We're waiting on Hobi and Tae is slightly more drunk than before." He answered, arms crossed as he watched the door, waiting- Hobi was going to show up any moment. He was sure of it. Hobi was always not far behind Seokjin.

He could probably even count down... five seconds. He'd bet his entire apartment that within five seconds Hoseok would be knocking on the door, possibly with friendship bracelets for everyone just to make Seokjin feel included.

One. Taehyung had given up on waiting any longer and had already started drinking, exclaiming loudly when the shot glass fell into the other bigger glass followed by him quickly drinking it down.

Two. The new little puppy was now tugging on the bottom of Namjoon's pant leg but he was more interested in continuing their whispering.

"I guess we have to catch up with him then." He chuckled and Jimin smiled. "Totally... When did you become a drinker?"

"What? I've always been a drinker."

"No you've always been a lightweight. You like sweeter drinks too, ones that don't taste like alcohol. Unless," He pointed his finger at him, "Unless Yoongi or Jin offer it something else to you."

"It's scary how well you know me." Namjoon laughed.

5 seconds and he was right, there was a knock at the door, followed by a familiar sing-songy muffled voice. "Joon-ah~ open up~"

Jimin's smile grew a little more as he took a step forward, Joon picking up the puppy just in case as his husband opened the door. Hobi waltzed right in with a few bags on his arms. Jimin stepped out of the way and shut the door behind him, chuckling as he heard his friend whine, "You didn't wait? I was on my way!"

Jungkook laughed as he took the bags from Hobi, setting them onto the counter before wrapping his arm around his shoulders. "He started as soon as we left the restaurant. Everyone else waited though."

"Hobi-ah!" Taehyung shouted a few feet away from him on the other side of the kitchen. "Hobi! I saved you one!" By one he meant a single shot glass with a little bit of liquor at the bottom, most of it was spilled onto the floor and being grossly soaked up by everyone's socks in little bits.

Namjoon and Jimin joined the group of them a moment later, more drinks were sloppily poured for those who didn't have one before a giant toast.

"To the gays!" Taehyung shouted loudly and Jimin was sure that there wasn't going to be a quiet moment at least for the next few hours but maybe that wasn't a bad thing. Maybe he needed to shout his love for Joon and his gayness out loud just to gain a little bit of confidence.

The rest of the night went about the same. Taehyung loudly and drunkenly toasting sporadically while tipping his glass into his mouth. He could usually hold his liquor pretty well but celebrations called for disorderly actions. Out of the seven of them, he certainly drank the most and was enjoying every part of it. Seokjin had been nursing the same drink the entire night, only filling it to the top when a toast was declared; he was the type of drunk that was "responsible" or in other words, he didn't enjoy drinking as much as he did when he was still in his twenties. Hobi had stopped drinking after the second glass of beer and soju, his spirits had fallen too quickly but that was the type of drunk he was - the one to think about the motions of life all while sitting in the corner of the couch, holding onto Tae's arm, offering a small smile when ever he noticed anyone looking his way.

Yoongi and Jungkook were different types of drunks though. They were the types of drunks who would slowly get more drunk off of each other; Jungkook drinking whatever Yoongi gave him and Yoongi drinking whenever his cup emptied. The good thing about this dynamic duo was that they were both good at drinking, their alochol tolerance quite a bit above the rest of them. Or at least Yoongi's was, and the younger just wanted to keep up. After a certain point into the night, Yoongi would become clingy and Jungkook would become giddy enough to accept those cuddles. It was an adorable cycle of cuteness that all of their friends were oblivious to.

And then there was Jimin and Joon. You'd expect them to be the most drunk (next to Taehyung of course cause no one could beat him when he already had a running start) but the two of them were more silent observers. Jimin tended to become more flirty while under the influence and Namjoon grew into this confident and loving type of guy that everyone couldn't help but laugh at (mainly because he tended to become extra talkative, spewing loving nonsense in every sentence).

By the time 3 am rolled around, they were all pretty tired. Yoongi was leaning into Jungkook's side where they sat on the couch, holding onto his arm like it was the most comfortable pillow in the world. He rested his glass on his knee, a sip of whiskey left in the bottom but he really didn't want to drink anymore. Jungkook was glad to have the elder holding onto him, a dopey smile spread across his face as he gazed out the window or at least it appeared that way. He was really just staring at his reflection, thinking and smiling to himself. Taehyung had fallen asleep sitting in Rapmon's bed, the two puppies in his lap with his head tipped back in an uncomfortable-looking angle as he slept against the wall. Jimin and Namjoon were cuddled up on the other side of the couch, Jimin's arms wrapped around his husband and warm cheek pressed against his chest. He was easily influenced into a sleepy/happy state due to the alcohol and lack of sleep that past week and Namjoon was very happy to be able to hold him so close in front of people. He was allowed to hug him and kiss him and be as affectionate as he wanted because their friends accepted them and that was so fucking amazing which was exactly why he couldn't stop smiling himself. And Seokjin, quiet Seokjin. No one could ever understand how he could drink so much but still play video games so full of motion. He sat in front of the tv with a controller in his hands and eyes glued to the character quickly passing the others in the car he chose. MarioKart; one of his favourite games. He had started playing sometime between Taehyung passing out and everyone's conversations dying down. He was too busy playing the game to feel tired right now or drunk. He was just in a zone of race, race, race.

Between them all, everyone was tired but happy and it was relieving. Both Jimin and Namjoon were thankful that today had gone so well, that there wasn't anything to worry about for the time being. They could continue their wondrous life together...

Notes:

hmmmMMM

maybe there will be side ships 🫣

please do comment if you would like a certain side ship tho-
or no side ship?? I dunno ㅜㅜ

hehe
have a good day <3

Chapter 46

Summary:

jimin confronts his mom ;-;

it's the dreaded chapter

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“I’m gay and married.” Jimin whispered into the mirror in the restaurant’s bathroom. He had made sure to lock the door to ensure he had some sort of privacy as he came out to himself in the mirror, practising what he was going to say to his mother over and over again. This was around the tenth time he had said it but it still didn’t sound right. They weren’t the right words. He needed something more nonchalant. Something that wasn’t so blunt…

But he was never good with words. Namjoon was the one who was good with his words no matter what language. He understood how to convey feelings into text that Jimin just could not get the hang of no matter what. He could use a metaphor… maybe that would be less blunt.

“I am, I mean, I like bananas? Not… croissants?” His eyebrows furrowed together, finding his “metaphor” ridiculous. “Croissants? Really? Mother… I don’t like cats, I like dogs.” That sounded okay but that could be very, very easily misunderstood which would make matters worse. “Aish.” He muttered a curse under his breath before he shook his head and flexed his shoulders, rolling them back to try and relax.

He knew how this would go though, he knew what to expect. Having her meet him in a public setting was a safety measure to make sure that no hands would be raised and no threats would be physical. He could handle her words for the most part, but being hit again… He couldn’t handle that.

There was a light knock on the door and Jimin put on a smile, watching it grow across his face through the mirror before he turned and unlocked the door, slipping out with a small apology to the person waiting. He stood by the bathroom, seeking shelter behind the half of a wall that kept him and the bathrooms separated from the rest of the restaurant where all of the guests sat at tables eating and drinking and conversating civilly.

Oh, he knew this was going to go bad. In no universe existed a civil conversation between his mother and him and that’s why he was thankful when he didn’t see her sitting at a table yet. He still had time to prepare himself before he actually had to confront his feelings. Somehow, this was harder than signing the papers to be married or even confessing to Namjoon… Even thinking about this conversation was leaving him with sweaty palms and a closing throat. If he passed out right now or walked out the door and left, he would never tell her and she would never know and that wasn’t something he could live with. A part of him wanted to rub this in her face, that he was happy with or without her.

“Okay.” He closed his eyes, drew in a deep breath and then released it. His shoulders relaxed as they fell before he proceeded to walk out from behind his hiding spot and made his way to a table in the corner. It was the perfect place to let your mother down. They’d never been to the restaurant before so it wouldn’t ruin any memories they had. Their relationship as mother and son wasn’t the best but every relationship, even the bad ones have good points and he’d prefer to leave the good moments that way.

There were barely any people around, a few scattered more toward the front with a few waiters and waitresses but that was about it. It was small, low scale, so however catastrophic this would be, it would only be witnessed by a few and he was grateful for that. Originally he had planned to have Namjoon sit with him to give him extra courage but he quickly abandoned that plan once he realised that if this did go bad, anything he left back at his childhood home would be gone and he didn’t want that. So while he was conversating with his mother, Namjoon would be going in and getting anything from his childhood just in case. Technically it was robbing his mother of his childhood but what would she care? She would probably end up burning it all or throwing it away and he couldn’t bare watch that happen.

“Okay…” He whispered to himself again. He didn’t know how many times he would reassure himself with an okay today but he would bet it would be a lot. What else was there to say to reassure yourself when your whole original family - your mother, the only person he has had in his life for so long - was about to be ripped apart. Nothing would be harder than this, he was sure of it.

The bell rang as the door opened and this time it sounded different than the rest. He knew, he could sense that it was his mother in some odd way and in that moment he felt his heart sink. This would be so much harder than anything he had ever done before…

“Jimin.” She smiled as she made her way to him. It was classic really… she knew what this was about - there was no way she didn't - but here she was playing friendly. Friendly was the most dangerous game.

Maybe it was just Jimin, maybe it was all in his head but he had never felt such tension before. But if she was going to put on a smile then so was he. Showing that she affected him would be stooping to a new low that he wasnt fond of. "Mom. How have you been?"

"Like you'd care." A tight laugh left her lips and Jimin fought back the urge to swallow hard. She extruded such a prominent energy that it made sense why he would back down to her, why he had backed down so many times before. She was a queen, the world was her throne and everyone else was a peasant. Jimin was a jester though, someone she could be entertained with. His princely title was diminished the moment he befriended Namjoon. "You haven't managed to contact me in over a month now. What would you have done if I keeled over and died?"

'Live happily' was the first answer that came to mind but that was too crude.

"I was busy. A lot has happened since we last talked."

"The new generations should care more about their elders - you wouldn't be here without us. We were the ones who reformed the government,  fought in wars… established the country and now you're just spending time dancing around." She waved her hand as if she was dismissing whatever Jimin would add and he let it happen, keeping his mouth shut as she began an unnecessary tangent but only because it gave him more time to live in the facade they were under; a happiness and civility that had been covering a festering argument.

He let out a small breath, his hands relaxing from the clenched fists they had retreated into. He was one of those people who just danced around - it was a direct insult but he was letting it slip by.

“So, I have some news.”

“Can’t we order something first? My mouth is so dry. Do they have water here? Tea?” She turned in her seat, craning her neck to try and look at the menu that was written in chalk on the wall. She was avoiding it.

Jimin shrugged as he began to fidget with the end of his shirt, pulling on a thread that was tightly sewn in. Within minutes it was sure to unravel he tugged at it enough. “I’m not sure. I haven’t been here before, figured we could try something new.”

She let out a small sigh and for a moment Jimin could read her mind because he had heard it so many times before when he had brought her somewhere new. It was always a sigh followed by some muttered complaint about everything she ordered or how no one knew how to do anything properly and he would have to sit there wrecking his mind to try and find a way to make the situation better and in the end just guilt himself into not making that decision again. She was as unreasonable as angry teenager who believed they were correct.

But he didn't give her time to complain this time, he simply forced his smile more, the muscles in his cheeks flexed so hard he was sure he probably seemed miserable. "Mom." He grabbed her hand as she turned away from the table. A fleeting thought crossed his mind of pleading with her to stay even after he told her what he was going to say but that was quickly pushed down by his bitterness that had grown over the years and with it, he pulled his hands away, resting them in his lap again.

"Mom." He repeated.

"Ah, Jimin-ah. What is it?" She tilted her head to the side slightly as she let out a whined question that sounded more like a scolding.

"I have to tell you something."

"Spit it out already then. I'm starving, Jimin-ah. You're starving me here. I'm an old woman now, I require regular meals to keep my sugar…" he turned her out for a moment, fighting the urge to roll his eyes. There was nothing wrong with her sugar, nothing wrong with her. She was the healthiest 50 something year old he had ever met.

"This is difficult for me to say, so please bear with me." His smile had fallen and he took on a much more serious demeanor.

Just say it now. Just do it. You can do it… he repeated these three things in his head but it didn't make the words come any easier.

He let out a small breath and then a laugh as he looked down at the table. "I'll start easy I guess." He murmured, lifting his head up again. "I got married." He raised his hand, showing the wedding band from a distance. He was nervous that if he kept his hand too close, his mother may rip the thing off.

He stared at her for a long moment, waiting, anticipating the reaction she would give him but there was nothing. Not even a smile or a light in her eyes. She didn't even appear like she wanted to say anything.

That's when he continued.

"And I quit my job too." She seemed relieved at that and for a moment, she looked like she may cut him off with another tangent about how it was about time he quit dancing, quit on his dreams but he wasn't in the mood to put up with that so he kept going. "I'm going to be a stay at home father and if I go stir crazy I'll go back to work or something."

He wore a much more relaxed smile now as he thought about what it would be like to be a father. Having a little girl or boy to hold and love and teach and grow with. It made his heart feel whole, even if it was frightening knowing he'd be a first time father with no parental role model and really only the fear of not fucking up guiding him through it.

But he continued with his confessions, "I married a man." His spoke so fondly, as if nothing could destroy the happiness he felt while he was in his little bubble. "I married Namjoon. Because I love him. I love a man." He was stuttering, only able to get one sentence out at a time. "I am gay. Gay and I love him. And I am starting my life with him. And if you can't accept that, then."

"I can't." She muttered. "I can't accept that. I am unable to accept someone like you." She leaned forward, placing her hand on the table, fingers curling into a fist.

Pop.

Maybe a bubble can burst. Who knew happiness was so fragile that it could be destroyed with a few sentences.

"Someone like me?" His voice was more confident than he would have thought, as if he had expected her to say exactly that.

"People like you are what is wrong with this world. It's a shame that you have strayed so far from the correct path but that is exactly like you. Park Jimin, a recalcitrant boy who is scared of following the crowd, creates a completely different path for himself in defiance of what his mother says. It’s what you’ve always done. I’ve expected it… always thought you’d turn out like this but i didn’t give up. Don’t you want to make me happy? Don’t you want to be happy, Jimin? You can’t be happy with a man… you’re meant to be loved by a woman. A man and a woman are meant to be together, not a man with a man.”

Jimin listened silently, hot tears starting to form in his eyes but he was just as she said, defiant and he wasn’t going to cry right now. “Would it be different if I were a girl, mother? Would it matter? Does it matter? If I’m happy does it matter what my gender or who the person I love’s gender is? Does it matter at all? Please tell me… because I know, if I had a child and they came to me with confidence and told me that they loved someone the same gender as them, I would accept them with open fucking arms, mom. I wanted you to love me that way, accept me that way and treat me that way. I wanted you to support me my entire life, I wanted you to accept me for who I am, what career I chose, who I married or dated - I wanted you to accept me. I told myself this entire week, I wouldn’t cry, that I wouldn’t give you that glory to show how much you’ve hurt me but that’s sick.” He clenched his jaw as he raised his head, showing his tears, his pain. “You’ve hurt me, beyond what your words, pain or sorrow can fix. So I want you to know that and I want it to eat away at you. I want you to think an hour from now, two weeks from now, decades from now, I want you to think back to wonder if I’m doing well, I want you to wonder if my kids ask about their grandmother, I want you to think about how happy I am with Namjoon and when you even think for a moment about contacting me, I want you to think about this moment right now. It’s not too much to ask.”

He swallowed hard and with it his eyes dried, or at least he hoped they would. He could still feel the tears there but he didn’t dare let them fall. He was too prideful to do so.

As he stood, he pushed his chair out with a screech across the floor, one that garnered a few peoples’ attention but he could care less. “Goodbye.”

Notes:

she sucks <3
absolutely sucks oui
but we no longer have to deal with her (hopefully-)

anyways, i'm sorry it's been so long!!!! ㅜㅜ
i'm nervous updating-
but oui...

anxiety tis not fun-
the next chapter is very- i don't even know how to explain it but yes;;
next update will be a double update and will likely be tomorrow or the next day so ~(O>O)~

thank you for reading and so much support :(((

Chapter 47

Summary:

ah i feel like this chapter is a messssss

Notes:

it is a mess but but-
that's cause oui
ㅜㅜ

anyways
i don't necessarily like this chapter or how it turned out but anywho-
DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY :P

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Jimin had pushed opened the door that led him out onto the sidewalk right open as he held his head high, too stubborn, too defiant to show his mother the tears that were about to fall. He’d be damned if he let her know how he felt after she showed such little consideration for him his entire life. Only now was he able to realise it and only now was he going to stop allowing her to get to him. He walked several steps in long strides until he reached the end of the sidewalk when he decided that he should get Namjoon. He needed him here, needed to be picked up because if he ended up walking to either of their apartments he may just take a detour to the bar and drink away his feelings which was something he absolutely swore himself against.

With shaky hands he pulled out his phone, taking in deep breathes in a poor attempt to calm himself down. He could imagine that he probably appeared like he was on the verge of a mental breakdown to anyone who passed by him but who was he kidding? He was. He just kissed his only blood-family away. The only person who tied him to his name, his family name, tied him to being himself, literally made him, was gone. God, that thought hurt. That she was gone. It shouldn’t hurt. She broke him down in so many ways, treated him so horribly over the years that this was expected. The goodbye was expected but fuck it.

He clenched his jaw as the phone rang. He held onto the device tightly as he put it to his ear, silently pleading with each ring to hear Namjoon’s voice. “Just… pick up.” He mumbled. Crying wasn’t going to be an option. He was going to suck up each of those tears because fuck her. She didn’t deserve them. It was such a hateful whirl of emotions that he couldn’t even decipher right now.

Two rings passed, then a third. He was sure Namjoon wouldn’t pick up and the harmful feelings he felt were slowly becoming more suffocating until he heard his husband’s voice and he let out a harsh sigh of relief. In a swift motion he held his head and threaded his fingers into his hair, gently pulling it. “Joon, Joon.” He just needed to know it was him. His thoughts were scattered and putting those into words that he had to actually speak was difficult. “I need you to… please come get me. I’m on the corner by the restaurant.”

‘Is everything okay?’ Was what he expected Namjoon to ask but that wasn’t it at all. Namjoon knew better than to ask the obvious, he expected this to go horribly and that’s exactly why he replied, “I’ll be right there, okay? Just hang in there.”

Hearing such comforting words made his heartbreak a little. If his own mother was gone, didn’t want a thing to do with him, then why was he worthy of Namjoon. He wasn’t and that thought made his chest tighten worse. “Joon.” He nearly pouted as he let more tears fall; not out of pain his mother caused but of love he felt from Namjoon. “You’re a jerk.” He murmured, laughing a little at the end. “What did I do to have you-”

“Hey, hey.” He could hear the small smile in Namjoon’s voice from over the phone but not only that, he could hear the worry his husband had for him. “We can talk when we get in the car, okay? Then we can spend the entire night talking.”

“We were supposed to meet your parents today, too.”

“My parents can wait, Jimin-ah. I want to make sure you’re okay.”

“I’ll be okay.” Jimin whispered as he took a soft deep breath, letting go of his hair. He let out a little laugh again once he saw himself in the reflection of a window. He was a mess. Even though his reflection was predominantly black and white, you could see the pink hue in his cheeks from crying and now his hair was sticking up in a weird way. He looked like he was a wreck, genuinely.

“What’s so funny?”

“I look crazy. Do you remember that movie we watched when we were younger, that girl who cried really hard after having her heart broken? And her face was all red,” He covered his face with his hand out of embarrassment. He really did look quite torn apart now and he was getting a few looks from people who walked passed. “Tears and all… that’s what I look like right now.” He groaned.

Namjoon let out a little laugh. “I guess that really is funny.”

“Mmhm…” He closed his eyes as he shook his head. “When will you get here? I need to tell you all the shit that went down. Spoiler: Sooyun (his mother) is still homophobic, still as bitter as always and believes that I will rot in hell.”

“Ah, so she took that route?” He lightened his voice, trying to seem at least a little empathetic but he expected it. He wanted to comfort his husband but he knew how this was going to go. He had known that she would stand by her bigotted opinions since the beginning, since the day she kicked him out for cuddling with his friend. Of course, back then he didn’t know it would mean so much to him now but it still meant something. There are lines people should never cross let alone your own parents and she had crossed and redrawn the line so many times. If he were in Jimin’s shoes there’s no way he’d be crying right now, no way he wouldn’t have run away the first time he was hit when they were kids. But then again, he had no clue what Jimin was going through. His own mother was never really there, always working but she never even raised her voice let alone raised a hand to him, and in a lot of ways he was lucky to have such distant parents. While it was lonely when he was young, it taught him independence and how to discipline himself and those were two things he was grateful for now that he was older.

“You could say that. The one thing, the only thing I can’t get out of my head is the way she cursed our children Joon-ah. We don’t even have any but why the hell would you curse a child you don’t know… your grandchild! Why would anyone curse their grandchild? My own grandmother wouldn’t even do that… I wouldn’t do that, I know you wouldn’t, Mrs. Song wouldn’t… It takes a real evil person to do that.” He muttered under his breath, eyebrows furrowed together as he glared at the ground. The waterworks were starting up again, this time out of anger.

Namjoon was quiet for a moment as he watched out the window, scanning the sidewalk for Jimin until he finally spotted him. “The good thing about evil people is they’re too busy hurting others to ever experience their own happiness.”

“That makes me feel a little better, but I swear, if I see her again in my lifetime or hers it would be much too soon. I hope I don’t have to see her again… I hope I don’t have to hear her name either. After today, we mention never again.” Jimin mumbled as he stubbed the toe of his shoe into the sidewalk.

Namjoon had rounded the corner in his car, scanning the sidewalk for his husband before he finally spotted the blonde hair boy. The driver pulled up to the side and as Jimin began to talk again, he slipped out of the car.

“Life sucks sometimes, Joon-ah.” He mumbled into the speaker, then he hesitated and corrected himself. “Some parts of life sucks sometimes… the parts with you in it don’t suck.”

Namjoon had hung up the phone after that, chuckling as he wrapped his arms securely around his husband, pulling him into his chest. “Look at you being a sappy romantic while hurt.”

Jimin turned in his arms, grumbling into his chest. “Shh.” He grumbled. “You’re lucky you were behind me cause if you would have hung up on me, we would have been going home to different apartments.” That wasn’t true. At this point, he felt so much more comfortable at Namjoon’s apartment than his own so even if he did hang up on him, he would have returned despite being slightly hurt. Good thing that wasn’t the case though.

His husband laughed a little before he kissed his head and after a few seconds, he finally spoke. “I’d ask how it all went but I think I know the answer.”

“Short answer: It was crap. Long answer: My mom is a prick who doesn’t believe that you and I should be together. And! The wonderful cherry on top of the whole situation - she wishes she never let us meet. That your mom and my mom had never been acquaintances and that she had moved us away after she caught us playing wedding when we were like 4-” Jimin let out a long sigh.

“Did she actually say that last part…” Namjoon asked, his voice quiet almost like he didn’t want to believe it.

“No, but she should have. If she’s gonna be a bigotted dick, then she should at least be as harsh as possible, right? Just sitting across from me repeating whatever stereotypical words homophobes spew is insulting but then again what did I expect.” He mumbled into Namjoon’s shirt for a moment longer before he pulled away. “Anyways, enough with the anger… and hurt and all of that wonderful stuff.” He weakly smiled. Pushing away these feelings for now would be beneficial. He’d be okay, a little numb to the fact that his mother - no she didn’t deserve hat title - that Sooyun was such a horrible person but that numbness would work in his favour.

Now nothing could hurt him. He faced his worst fears and could handle whatever life threw his way. If his friends wanted to change their mind after the other day then so be it. If his father suddenly wanted to show up in his life and be like “I disown you officially” then fuck it. He could take it. Only thing he couldn’t take was losing Namjoon which is exactly why he drug him back to the car by his hand, making sure his husband got in first before he did.

“We need to go see your parents now. Right now.”

“Now?” he only asked in return, buckling both himself and then Jimin into their seats. Jimin seemed… reckless and he didn’t want to take any risks even if his thinking seemed a bit dramatic.

“Yes now. We need to weave out everyone who isn’t going to be there for us now so we deal with the heartbreak all in one day.”

“I mean, the plan was for dinner later but I guess we could head over now…” Namjoon pulled out his phone and opened the text with his mother.

“Ah you’re right…” Jimin frowned a little. “Maybe we should just go back to your apartment.”

“Hold on, hold on.” His husband held up a finger with a small smile. “She’s replying. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind an early lunch.”

Jimin was quiet for a moment, watching Namjoon as he stared at his phone before placing his hands on his cheeks, feeling heat from crying coming off of them. “I hate how stirred up she made me..” He grumbled under his breath as he glared at the back of the seat in front of him. “I really hope this turns out well.”

“I’m sure it will… and if not, we still have our friends.”

“Yes.” He nodded his head. “Yes we do. Plus, we’ll be making our own wonderful family. We’ve got this… we don’t need familial support.”

“Your grandma still likes us.” He reminded and that made Jimin’s face lighten up a bit. “That’s true… I can tell our kids that she’s their grandma and that she just had me really really late if all else fails.”

Namjoon chuckled. “I don’t think it will fail. Also, she said we could stop by whenever.” He shut his phone and the driver pulled away already knowing where to go. Namjoon’s childhood home was still right down the street from Jimin’s but his family no longer lived there anymore. After they graduated high school, his parents moved somewhere and Jimin didn’t really ask. The two of them didn’t talk much because Namjoon went straight into the military and Jimin felt awkward asking the Kim’s how their son was doing when he should know since they were best friends and truly… it was a mess. One neither of them liked to look back on. It was a time of confusing feelings and denial that they weren’t too fond of.

“What are you expecting to happen with your parents? Do you think they’ll accept us with open arms? Or do what my mother did?”

“Truthfully?” He asked and Jimin nodded. “Truthfully, I think that my father will give us tough love… I’m not sure about my mom though. I don’t know either of them well enough to predict something like that. But I know they’re decent people.”

Jimin nodded again. “Yeah they are. Every time I’ve met them they’ve been pretty cool. And they never got angry when we cuddled or hugged or anything so that’s a plus.”

“Yeah. I think it will go well, Min-ah.”

He chuckled a little and turned into the seat, the seat belt stretching a bit further as he sat sideways, facing Namjoon. “Why do you only call me Min-ah? Or Jiminie? Never honey… or baby… or sweetheart?” He pouted a little which made Joon laugh softly.

“You’re joking right?”

“No.” He whined. “Why don’t you call me those?”

“You don’t have a very good memory, *jagiya*…” His husband smiled. “As I remember… I’ve called you baby a few times now.”

“When? Hmm? I don’t remember at all.”

Another chuckle from Namjoon and this time it seemed almost condescending in the dearest way. “I’ll call you it more often then, okay?”

Notes:

i hope you have an absolutely AMAZING AND FANTABULOUS AND ABSOLUTELY CRAZY MOST AWESOMENESS DAY IN EXISTENCE

cause you deserve it <3

thanks for the support and everything and yes yes hehe

also also, i learned how to italicize hehe ~(O>O)~

Chapter 48

Summary:

AHH sometimes joonie is defensive

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Sitting in front of Mrs. Kim wasn’t as hard as hard for Jimin as it was for Namjoon. Jimin’s bond with any sort of “blood-family” was already shattered that morning so he was prepared for the worst. But Namjoon was simply uncomfortable.

His mother had never really been in his life. Neither of his parents were very active in his life when he was younger. They were there when he was really little but by the time he was in school, he was doing everything by himself. He would heat up whatever meals his parents had prepared for him, go to school, come home and then heat up whatever his parents had made for dinner. They were never there when he was. It was like living with ghosts and it was almost torturous. The only times they were around was when they knew Jimin was coming over and if they actually showed up it was actually rare…

So, to put it nicely, he could careless what his parents thought about his relationship with his husband. It was his life and his parents had made it clear at a young age that there was a line between them and him that neither parties had crossed before.

When he was a child, he could probably tell you a handful of things about his mother and that was all he knew. He could tell her what colour her eyes were, what her name was, how old she was and how to contact her. But that was the gist of it. He did not know if her dark hair was black or brown or if she had a mole on her face. And he knew even less about his father.

The worst part for him was that even after high school when he had hoped that this silent mistreatment would end, he was wrong, and the fact that they were sitting here right now in front of him with pleasant smiles… it irritated him just a bit. That they’d put on this facade of a happy family with pictures from when he was a kid on their walls and oh, it was just frustrating knowing they decorated their house this way.

“So, what is it you wanted to talk about boys?” His mother smiled from across the table. Her hands were on a warm mug of tea she had offered them but they had declined. His father was standing in the adjoining kitchen, leaning back against the counter as he watched the two of them with a sort of indifferent look. At least his mother could feign happiness for seeing her son.

“I’ll cut to the chase, Mrs. Kim.” Jimin began with a small smile. “I’m gay.”

Namjoon kept his hand under the table, rested on Jimin’s thigh as he looked between his two parents. This was a lot harder when it was your own family… a lot more difficult when you spent your life avoiding them only for their thoughts to hold importance in your life for whatever goddamn reason. It was irritating and the look his father’s face was even more irritating.

His mother was smiling wide with pure happiness as far as he could tell but his father… his father was hard to read but if he had to guess, it was disgust and he was ready to defend Jimin.

“Oh that’s wonderful sweetie. You know, I always suspected something.” She giggled a little as she covered her mouth with her hand. “Is that why I never saw you with any of those lovely girls at school? Hmm? You were always so kind and cute, I thought for sure you’d date around a little bit.”

Jimin laughed bashfully, nodding his head slightly. “Yes, I guess so. I never dated but I did have a crush for a very long time - like an embarrassing amount of time.” He smiled awkwardly. Namjoon chuckled and gently squeezed his thigh.

“Anyways,” His husband waved his hands around in the air, trying to get his mind back on track. He slipped his hand under the table, holding Namjoon’s. “What we’re really here for…” He glanced at the elder. “Do you want to tell them?”

Namjoon shrugged and Jimin nudged his shoulder, wanting him to say it. It was only right since they were his family… it should come from him. “Ah, okay. Okay… We’re-”

“Wait! Wait! Let me guess first. I think I know what it is… I think I know where this is going.” His mother’s smile grew impossibly more and Jimin laughed again, his face growing red probably out of embarrassment.

“Okay, try and guess then.” Namjoon said.

“You guys are dating?” She asked and he did a little tilt of his head from side to side with a contorted face as if he were saying she were close. “Let’s say… you’re sort of right. We kinda… skipped past that.”

“Skipped? What’s after dating…”

“Yujun.” His father finally spoke. “They’re married.” His voice was gruff and he remained indifferent about it. It was irking to see someone so unbothered by this. Maybe it wouldn’t be a big deal if it were any other family but this was different. You don’t see your kid for years, live silently in the same house without so much as a pat on the back or a word spoken for nearly two decades and when they find out that he’s married and happy, this is how he reacts? He’s unresponsive and detached?

“Yes. We’re married.” Namjoon said. “We signed the papers on his birthday and we had a small ceremony a week or so after.”

“Oh woah… so it’s been a few months?” His mother asked. “I wish you would have told me sooner, I would have gotten you two a present or something.”

“Ah, it was very nontraditional. It was just the two of us and an ordainer. We didn’t have much of a celebration or anything so don’t worry.” Jimin smiled.

“Fine, fine, but you should expect something for your first anniversary.”

“So, you’re okay with all of this then?” Namjoon asked.

“Joon-ah… I’ve always known. At first I thought you were just really good friends and I was sort of apprehensive to the idea of you being together but I’ve literally had years to prepare for this. I was waiting for a while.”

“How did you know?”

“Know about what? That you liked Jimin or that you were interested in guys?”

Namjoon laughed a little. “Both, I guess. How did you know?”

“Listen,” His mother looked down at her cup, like she was trying to find what to say or how to say it. “I know I wasn’t always there when you were a kid. I prioritised my job over being your mother and being there for you - we both did. And I regret it immensely but I still knew. Every note you left me before school telling me that Jimin was either coming over or you were going to hang out with him added up. You became more intricate and descriptive when you wrote about him… A mother knows and I knew even if I didn’t know you well.”

“That’s really sweet, Mrs. Kim…” Jimin mumbled with a small pout on his face.

“Ah, when have we ever been formal?” She joked. “You can call me Mom if you’re comfortable with it.”

They continued to talk but Namjoon was still stuck there, listening but not at the same time. He was frozen in place, trying to process her apology. He didn’t know if he should accept it, if it was even something to be accepted. How do you tell your kid you’re sorry for not being there… He wasn’t even sure if it was the apology that bothered him or the fact that she was saying it now at a time that just didn’t feel right. Or maybe he was just unforgiving altogether… maybe he didn’t want to forgive her.

At least she was accepting though. She wasn’t being rude or being hateful. She seemed to genuinely accept them and that was something he could commend her for. His father on the other hand hadn’t said one single word.

“So what are your future plans?” His mother’s voice tuned in and Jimin was quick to answer. “We are planning on moving in together somewhere and eventually we’re going to adopt kids and that’s as far as we’ve planned.”

“Oh, where are you planning on moving?”

“We’ll probably stay in Seoul… if not, close to the city. He still has to get to work and we’re used to being here. It’s our home.”

His mother nodded her head. “That’s good to hear. Maybe we could meet up more often.”

“Maybe.” Namjoon cut in. “What do you think about it though?” He asked as he looked at his father.

His father crossed his arms. “About what?”

“About everything… the marriage, our relationship, me?”

“I don’t agree with it.”

Notes:

ah i hope you liked it and yes i purposely left it on a cliffhanger and OUI
HWAHWAHWA

i have a few ideas on how this should go... so we shall seee ~(O>O)~

HAVE A WONDROUS DAY <33333

Chapter 49

Summary:

it's okay

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“I don’t agree with it.” It wasn’t surprising hearing such an answer. Namjoon expected it and the look on his father’s face was even worse. A mixture of repulsion that looked as if Namjoon and Jimin had just admitted they had done something so monstrous and heinous that it couldn’t be spoken. As if admitting they were together and married was… abhorrent. Something unforgivable.

*Is this what Jimin felt when his mother reacted so horribly?* Namjoon couldn’t help but think to himself with a sort of pity towards the situation his husband had faced alone.

“Wh-” Namjoon was going to ask why but Jimin had cut him to the chase, standing up from his chair as he grew offensive. “Why not? What about it is so horrible? We’re not trying to force our beliefs on you, not trying to make you gay, not doing any bullshit like that so why not?”

Namjoon grabbed Jimin’s wrist as he kept his hands planted on the table, eyes burning holes into Mr. Kim. He was seething and it was unlike anything Joon had seen before.

Jimin wasn’t one to get angry and if he was angry, it was the cute kind that made Namjoon want to nurture him or something but this wasn’t it. He knew that Jimin would be upset, that he was ready to defend them the second one of their parents rejected them but he didn’t expect this.

“Jimin…” He mumbled, pulling his arm slightly and the younger sat down in his seat with a frown.

“You didn’t let me finish.” His father began with a small laugh.

Mrs. Kim glared this time as if to say it wasn’t the time to laugh and her husband nodded slightly.

“I don’t agree with it… at all. I don’t- Homosexuality makes me uncomfortable. You being together,” He paused as he tried to articulate the words. “It makes me uncomfortable but I always expected it. I knew that you would always be together… When you two were quite young, probably 3 or 4- ah.” He sighed as he walked over and sat down at the table beside his wife.

The tension seemed to shift to an open silence as Jimin’s anger died down. Namjoon was sure to hold Jimin’s hand on top of the table this time showing off that no matter what they say, they would still be together.

“You two were destined… it was unusual and I hated it. I did but I was working and it wasn’t my business. And that’s how I feel now. It’s not my business… I don’t like you two being together but I won’t stop you, and I won’t be disrespectful either. When I die, I want to know that I supported my son as much as I could and I know, like your mother said, we were wrong for treating you as we did when you were young but I’d like to change that. I don’t want to lose my only son, my only child. Especially over something like this. There is too much hatred in this world for me to leave you to face it alone or for me to contribute to it.

“So, even though I don’t care for your life style or at least this choice, I still want to be in your life if you’ll allow me to.”

“And I’m sure he’ll come around eventually too.” His mother smiled.

It was silent for a long continuous moment that Namjoon wanted to end so badly but he didn’t know what to say. It was a nice attempt to mend their relationship but he wasn’t sure if he wanted to accept it.

Jimin was silent as well, staring at Mr. Kim with a small frown. “I can’t speak for Namjoon, but I know that I’m okay with it as long as you aren’t rude. As long as you don’t say anything rude or anything…”

Namjoon nodded. “Me too. I don’t.. Mind, I guess. I don’t mind as long as you keep your thoughts against us to yourself…”

“You know, earlier today, I came out to my mother and she was - she said things that shouldn’t be repeated. She was bitter and disrespectful and did not care whether it hurt me or not and I commend you for putting your feelings aside to be a parent, Mr. Kim.”

“Yeah.” Namjoon agreed. “He said that well. Thanks for… putting me first I guess. If I’m frank, if both of you had rejected me, I wouldn’t have cared. I’m not even quite sure I care now but it means something to me that you accept this.”

“Of course we would Joon-ah…” His mother smiled. “The only thing you have in this world is family.”

That’s right. The only thing they had was family but Namjoon wasn’t sure how to feel though. Before today, his impression of family was Jimin and he was happy with that, happy with Jimin being his only family because at times in his life, that is truly what it felt like. And now he wasn’t sure how to feel. He didn’t know if he really wanted his parents in his life because never having them before had made him believe he didn’t need them at all. But now they were here in front of him asking for forgiveness and accepting him and he wasn’t sure what to do.

It was quiet again and it kind of seemed like everyone around him was waiting for him to analyse and accept what happened.

“Does this mean that you’ll come around more often…?” His mother asked with a sort of hopefulness he hadn’t seen from her before. “You know, come see your mom and dad more often?”

“When I can find the time, okay? It’s a bit difficult with everything that’s going on.” Namjoon began.

“At least once a month though… even if it’s only for a short lunch.” Jimin answered with a small smile.

Notes:

besties ㅜㅜ

i wrote this after getting an immunization so bare with me-
i was tired/groggy so;;

anywho!! i hope you enjoyed ^^

do you think joon's parents should be forgiven? :0

HAVE A WONDROUS DAY BESTIESSS <3333

Chapter 50

Summary:

Namjoon's dad definitely trying

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“Honey, watch on the kids for awhile while I run out to the grocery store.” Mrs. Kim grabbed her keys from the small table that was beside the front door. “Jimin is staying the night so-”

“Okay okay… get going. I’ll watch on them.” Mr. Kim stood in the doorway of the kitchen that was right off the hallway that connected to the front door. He watched as his wife walked out and a moment later there was a small knock on the door.

He let out a small sigh, thinking perhaps his wife had forgotten something but that wasn’t the case at all. A small little Jimin stood there on the welcome mat, staring up at him. “Hello?”

“Good evening sir.” Jimin greeted as he tightened the straps on his backpack that seemed a bit too stuffed. “My name is Park Jimin. I am here for a sleepover with Kim Namjoon. My mother said that I can spend the night and some of tomorrow as well if you’ll allow me. I have to be back by 10 am.”

All Mr. Kim could think about was how long his introduction was and how oddly formal it was especially coming from a 4 year old but he greeted him with a smile and stepped out of the way, allowing him to come in. “Namjoon’s in his bedroom.”

“Thank you, sir.” The little kid said as he side stepped his way past him. He looked down and watched as he waddled down the hallway and into Namjoon’s room. It was cute considering he was mainly just a backpack.

Jimin threw his backpack off of his shoulders and onto the ground as he quickly sprang into action, his hand out waiting for Namjoon to start the handshake, and he was quick to. The other got up from his bed with his hand out in a fist before he punched the other’s and they both chanted. “Rock, rock, paper. Paper, paper, shoe.” Once they said shoe, they both tried to kick each other in the butt. It was truly the weirdest handshake but they were kids and it was one of the coolest things they had created together. Neither of them were aware that shoe was actually shoot and no one around them had the heart to tell two little four year olds they were wrong.

“What’re we gonna do?” Namjoon asked with a small giggle as Jimin rubbed his butt that was now dully in pain.

Jimin quickly ran to his bag, removed the blanket that was on top and dumped out the contents on the floor. “I gots candies.”

“Woah.” Namjoon’s eyes widened and his hands quickly rummaged for his favourites as he gathered them in a little pouch that he had made in his shirt.

“We haveta eat all of these tonight cuz my mom doesn’t know I have them.” Jimin explained as he began to rip open packages, equally handing them out between himself and Joon.

A chocolate-stuffed boy replied with an okay before they began their sugary feast. And as good as the feast was, it was short lived.

Upon hearing the sound of wrappers being crinkled and small giggles coming from his son’s room, Mr. Kim made the bright decision that those giggles and crinkling sounds could be nothing other than mischievous kids getting into something they shouldn’t be in.

“Boys.” He called as he rounded the corner into his son’s bedroom. The two little kids swiftly pushed the candy and Jimin’s “contraband” bag under Joon’s bed and whatever was left in their shirts/hands, they quickly stuffed into their mouths or threw them in different directions throughout the room.

“What’re you up to?” He asked with a small smile. The candy was very noticeably scattered across the floor and from where he stood with a single foot in the doorway, he could see the bag and some of it’s contents peeking out from under the bed.

“Nothing.” Namjoon answered and Jimin giggled a little. “Nothing, sir.”

“Jimin you can call me Mr. Kim, you know.”

“Yes sir.”

He chuckled a little. “What’s all over your faces?”

Jimin’s eyes darted to his friend’s face, realising only now that they had both chocolate and other sticky substances surrounding their mouths. He was certain they had been caught but like most little kids, he wasn’t going down without a lie. Whenever he was caught red handed he could usually weasel his way out of it and he was certain he could do so now.

“Joonie-ah and me are doing makeups.” His voice was confident for a little four year old but the look in his eyes was even more.

“Makeups?” Mr. Kim asked. He wasn’t sure if he should believe that considering the evidence was right in front of him plus… makeup? For two boys? That was a whole other problem he wasn’t sure he wanted to get into.

“Mmhm.” Jimin pulled out a chapstick from his pocket. “It’s strawberry flavoured. Very good.”

“Do you eat it?”

“What?” The question seemed so ridiculous that the two boys giggled. “No. Why would I eat it? I put it on like this.” He opened the cap and smeared it across his face.

One thought crossed Mr. Kim’s mind: I should leave this for my wife to handle. For one reason to, she was the best at handling situations like these. But he wanted to prove that he could do it too. That he could take care of the boys if needed and so he couldn’t wait for her to return from the store. He needed to make a decision now; to ground or not to ground.

Reasons for grounding:

- candy
- lying

Reasons for not grounding:

- weekend
- they’re four

It was equal… very equal. But Mr. Kim was taking too long to make a decision so Jimin did what had to be done.

“Look!” He walked over to Joon. He held the back of his head with one hand and the chapstick in the other before he smeared it all over his face. Joon looked like he might gag from disgust. He silently told himself not to gag, that it was okay for Jimin to put chapstick on him because they were friends and that his friend couldn’t possibly be gross or have ucky cooties. There was no way.

So he swallowed hard and smiled wide at his father, quickly grabbing Jimin’s hand before he tried to apply some more.

“Pretty?” Jimin asked with a smile as cheeky as Namjoon’s.

Mr. Kim looked between the two, realising that this situation was clearly too challenging for him and simply nodded a few times before he walked out of the room and let them continue. Yes, it would be very crucial for a bath or at least a very good clean up at that, but it could be handled later.

It was at that moment that he realised there was something different between Jimin and Namjoon.

Namjoon didn’t have many friends to begin with especially because he wasn’t in school yet or anything, but with the few he did have he would never, NEVER allow them to share chapstick. You’d think oh, oh no big deal. It’s fine. But Namjoon didn’t want to share chapstick with his parents. He was turning into a slight germaphobe. One who did not even want to be fed off of their parents’ plates even if he really wanted a bite. It was just something he didn’t do but even the fact that he allowed Jimin to get that close with his chapstick… it was unusual. And all of these reasons may seem absurd to some depending on how you were raised or whatever, but Mr. Kim remembered distinctly always asking his parents for food or at least sharing the same utensils when he was young.

Something was different with Jimin. Something was different between them… and his thoughts were only confirmed as time went on. They began to see less and less of their son as they started to work more, leaving him to take care of himself. They communicated through notes they would leave in the morning and responses written out by Namjoon that they’d read at night. In nearly every note, there was one recurring character who seemed to be the star of the show, the main character in their son’s eyes.

Mrs. Kim didn’t have any problem with it at all. She was happy her son had such a close relationship with someone but Mr. Kim was sort of put off by it all especially as they had gotten older. The more notes they received from their son, the more he grew suspicious. What teenage boy only talks about his best friend?

That suspicion had always been there and soon those notes grew fewer and fewer until eventually, they stopped completely. Namjoon went into the military and when he came back, he went to college and left his entire life behind. He didn’t contact his parents at all until he was 28. Randomly one day, Mrs. Kim received a voicemail from him saying he had to meet up with them to discuss something.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Kim had suspicions about what it was. Both were hopeful it was for a serious conversation about reconnecting but secretly they knew it had to be about marriage or dating or something of the sort. What 28 year old doesn’t think about marriage? It had to be. And when Jimin walked through the door first, they both knew it was true.

Namjoon had always loved Jimin and everyone around them knew it.

Notes:

you guyssss
i've been so anxious from the holidays ㅜㅜ
i started crocheting to help and i kid you not, i crocheted 8 different projects (including two blankets made of 6 things of yarn-) in a month ;;

anywho :))
i'm here again ~(O>O)~
i will try to post more ^^

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE AN AMAZING DAYYYY :DDDD

Chapter 51

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

“I think that went well.” Jimin mumbled once they were on their way up to the apartment in the elevator. The entire car ride had been in a suffocating silence. Jimin had wanted to say something but he wasn’t sure if he should and Namjoon was just trying to process everything.

“Really?” His husband responded, turning slightly towards him.

“Mhm. It’s like your parents want to be there for you.”

“Yeah but-”

“But they weren’t there when you were younger, right?”

Namjoon nodded and Jimin grabbed his hand, gently squeezing it.

“Listen to me- the person who spent years reasoning why my mother did everything she did- just for a moment. Your parents weren’t always there, leaving you to do many things by yourself. And I can understand you would be upset over that, anyone would… it’s like being abandoned but knowing they’re still there which had to be torturous.”

“I don’t know if that’s-” Jimin held up his hand, telling him to be quiet.

“But… look at the good in it. They taught you self discipline which is something a lot of people struggle with. They kept that roof over your head and continued to make meals and everything… anything you wanted, anytime something broke or wore down, they replaced or gave to you. Whenever you asked for an allowance, it was given. They weren’t there because they were trying to care for you financially more than anything else. You could praise them for that dedication because it must have been hard knowing their child was alone… who knows why they did what they did? Who knows why they left you, why they chose their jobs? It’s crappy - the situation is crappy.” Jimin squeezed his hand. “But, think of it from… a wider perspective. Separate emotions from facts.”

“Emotions and facts.” Namjoon repeated and his husband nodded.

“Fact: You were supported financially.”

“Fact:” Namjoon spoke. “They weren’t there because they wanted to help me.”

“And it may just be my thinking, but I know when I have my own children, I want to give them the things I didn’t have. A good household, two parents, a good schooling, and a lot of other things. What did your parents give you?”

“Financial stability.”

“Maybe they had suffered when they were young… maybe they didn’t have anything and maybe they wanted you to have everything. You can’t tell me it didn’t hurt them knowing they couldn’t see their son constantly, knowing they couldn’t spend time with you because they were away and working. Your mom looked like she may cry earlier when we were talking about this.”

“She did.” He nodded and Jimin squeezed his hand again.

“So I think that we should work through this. Maybe not forgive them just yet but in time, I think that it will come to that…”

Namjoon chuckled a bit bitterly as he looked down at the floor. “I don’t know if I’ll be able to forgive them. Everytime I did something remarkable- whether it was something small like getting full marks or becoming class president that year- who was there to celebrate with me? It wasn’t them…”

“I was there.”

“You were, you’re right. It’s one reason why I love you so much because I know that I can depend on you. I know you won’t leave me.”

“Ain’t that the truth.” Jimin laughed. “Who waited two years for their best friend to return from the military?” He poked Namjoon’s chest. “And then-” He scoffed and then pouted. “That friend didn’t even come back until he was a big hot shot.”

“Ah, maybe I am more like them than I thought.” Namjoon let out a small sigh as he leaned his head onto Jimin’s shoulder.

The elevator interrupted their moment of silence and the two walked out, still holding hands.

“Being like your parents isn’t necessarily a bad thing.”

“How so?”

“You would not be you if you did not have them and if you did not go through what you went through. So~”“I get what you’re saying.” Namjoon smiled as he let go of Jimin’s hand to pull out his keys as they arrived at the door.

“You do? I don’t even get what I’m saying half the time.”

“Now you’re just playing dumb.”

“Maybe. But anyways, I love you for who you are today and I’ll love you even more tomorrow.” Jimin pecked his cheek before he walked into the apartment, slipping his shoes off in the doorway.

“How romantic.”

“I know, right? I read it somewhere.”

“Less romantic now but you still get points.” Namjoon chuckled yet again as the door shut behind him. He slipped off his shoes as well and put Jimin’s and his own away.

“Ah, I feel like I could sleep for aeons.” Jimin stretched above his head before his arms fell beside him. They felt heavier now, his whole body did. Not because of anything he did but just from the exhaustion of the day. Crying was hard, confronting people as draining as his mother was exhausting… he wanted to melt into the floor.

He leaned against the wall with a small frown as he stared past the couch and out the window that displayed what seemed like the entirety of the city’s skyline. It was midday so it wasn’t anything notable but it still captivated him.

“Jiminie-ah.” His husband’s cute voice drew his attention away from the window and he focused his eyes on him as he stood in front of him. Namjoon took his hands and gently swung them back and forth, lightly pulling Jimin from the wall. “Today was hard wasn’t it?”

“Incredibly.” The younger chuckled.

“But we’re still standing.” Namjoon did a little dance as he hummed the famous Elton John song. It was cute and made Jimin smile. “Very cute.” He replied.

Namjoon hummed and squeezed his hands gently. “In all seriousness, I think we need to talk more.”

“More? Ah, but it’s so tiring. I don’t want to see my mom again-”

“What? Why would we see your mom?”

“You want to talk more with her…”

“No~ No. I don’t want to talk to her. I don’t even want to talk to my parents. I want to talk to you.”

“Okay… but can we sit first? My legs are tired.” It was true. That want to melt into the floor seemed to grow the longer he had to stand.

Namjoon guided him to the couch and sat him down before sitting there beside him. Even though he wanted to talk, it was quiet again and Jimin was starting to believe that whatever he wanted to discuss was going to be something bad. It would be the cherry on top of a crappy situation.

“What is this about?”

“About today. I want to hear what you think about everything. I want to sit here today and talk about our future, the future we may have with my family… everything.”

“Where to start.” Jimin mumbled, pressing his cheek into his hand as he propped up his head, looking at his husband.

“You already started in the elevator.”

“Ah, that stuff.” He sat up a little straighter and even turned to him a bit more. “Before we continue, I want you to do whatever you want to do. Take what I say into consideration but don’t force yourself into something you’re not comfortable with, Joon.”

“I know.” Namjoon smiled, taking his hand again. He threaded their fingers together and kept their hands between them. “Continue.”

“You know when I was younger, I only had my mother. My dad left before I could remember and my mother never let me see pictures or anything like that. So you could say I grew up in a broken home… I remember being envious of you. That you didn’t have parents around to dictate everything you did. I wanted that because you seemed so happy. Even though they were never there, you still had a mother and a father, ones that seemed to love you from the few times I saw them.

“It’s crappy that they weren’t there for you. It really is. My mother was a crappy parent who manipulated and abused me but when I was younger, if I got hurt or if someone gave me trouble, she was there for me. As I got older, not so much but still. She cared enough for that. Sometimes, not having a parent there is better than having them.”

“But I don’t know them.” Namjoon replied. “I don’t know a single thing about them. I don’t know their taste in music, what they did for work, where they were born… I’m not even quite sure how old they are. And-”

“But think about it this way.” Jimin placed a hand over their hands. “When kids are young, they’re subjected to both the good and the bad of their parents with no other choice… you’re an adult. If you see something or experience something you don’t like about them, you can walk away. You can block them from the rest of your life, but I think you should give them one chance. I gave my mother chance after chance and all she did was prove me right. She proved to me that she truly was the crappy person I didn’t want to believe she was. She broke all of my chances and in the end, I was the one hurt by it… you don’t have to deal with that.”

Namjoon let out a small sigh as he looked ahead of himself instead of Jimin. “What if I don’t want to deal with it now? Maybe I want to keep that image of them being crappy and save those few happy moments I had with them. Maybe I don’t want to deal with it right now… maybe I’m over the idea of having parents who are there. Maybe I’d be happier without them.”

“The fact that you’re using maybes tells me a part of you wants to have them in your life…” Jimin mumbled. “But a bigger part of you wants exactly what you said, right?”

“Yeah…” Namjoon answered. “I don’t want them in my life and I don’t want them to be in your life. I don’t want them in our family. Because as far as I know, it was easy for them to leave me alone when I was younger and I know it would be easy to walk out again. This time I want to be ahead of the game. I want to walk out on them. This meeting with them today,” He pulled his hand from Jimin’s as he turned towards him. He began slightly waving his hand between them. “It was only a formality. It was out of respect for you. Not for them. I know that it meant a lot to you to tell my parents because you do respect them so much. You respect so many people to the point where people hurt you and use you and I know you respect my parents but I don’t want you to go through that.

“I set up this meeting with my parents for you. I wanted you to be comfortable moving forward with me. But I’m not comfortable having them in our lives. I want to protect you from that hurt they caused me, Jimin. So I don’t think we should have them in our lives. I don’t think I should let them back in. That ship has gone and sailed and it isn’t coming back. Maybe I’ll send them a christmas card. Maybe I’ll shoot them a text every once in a while but I don’t want to see them - I don’t want to have them in our lives.”

“Then we don’t.” Jimin suddenly had new confidence as he was sure Joon knew what he wanted right now. Even if it changed a year later or even tomorrow, he’d support whatever he chose to do. If right now, Namjoon did not want them in their lives then he would go with it. Happy husband, happy life. “If you don’t want them in our lives, then I don’t want them in our lives.”

“So when you said you would see them each month?”

“I didn’t want to seem rude. When it comes down to it, if you don’t want something then I’m going with what you decide. We’re one - bonded together by our vows and promises to each other and I plan on keeping my promises to you.”

“You really are a sweetheart.”

“You really are a sweetheart.” Jimin mimicked like a little kid.

Namjoon’s smile grew a bit wider. “I love you.”

“I love you.” He mimicked again.

“You’re cute.”

“You’re cute.”

“You’re handsome.”

“You’re hand- are you just going to keep complimenting yourself through me?”

“What’re you talking about? I’m complimenting you, you just happen to be repeating it.”

“Ah… yeah right.” Jimin gently punched his shoulder before grabbing his arm and snuggling close to him. “You’re a jerk.”

“You’re a jerk.” Namjoon mimicked this time.

“Hey! That’s so mean.”

“You said it first.”

“Yeah but you didn’t have to say it back.” He pouted and Namjoon laughed softly. It was nice to hear after a tiresome day. “I’m sorry.”

“For?”

“For calling you a jerk.”

Jimin lifted his head from Namjoon’s arm and looked up at him with his eye-smile. “Apology accepted.”

“Aish. You’re a handful.”

“A handful of love!” He popped up and kissed Namjoon’s cheek again.

Notes:

oof i'm surprised i have written this much ㅜㅜ

like i would write often and i still do but it was all very random ideas that were about 2k words but that was it -
and now here we are at 120k- ㅜㅜ
when did that happen???
anyways, i hope you enjoyed ^^
i don't have any plans stopping any time soon i don't think :00
and apologies for being late ㅜㅜ i was quite busy with my birthday
thank you for reading and AHEV AN AMAZING DAY?NIGHT?WEEK?MONTH?LIFEEEEE^^

 

.... also- if you were in namjoon's position would you forgive his parents 🤔
cause i don't know what i would do... i think i would try? but it would be slow ;;

Chapter 52

Summary:

christmas :)

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Their First Christmas

They were both only three, stumbling over their own feet every once in a while out of pure excitement as they raced around the playground. They were at daycare until their parents came to pick them up. It was a cold day and they probably shouldn't have been outside - in fact, they knew they shouldn't have been outside. The daycare teacher was still inside with the rest of the kids and they had snuck out together to the playground where they could play in the snow and so there they were, squatting on close to the ground with their little pink hands stuck in the snow as they tried to gather it into a snowman together but it just wasn't sticking. It was cold but not cold enough for it to stick together. It would all disappear before the next day which is why they had to build it now.

That day they had spent the entire afternoon perfecting their own little cottonball snowmen that they had glued to the paper which is what spun this most amazing idea of making a real one. That is precisely why the had to be outside alone! The teacher wouldn't have let them out. Their parents were coming to pick them up soon. It was now or never.

"Joon~" A small Jimin whined as he pat down a lump onto the ground. Namjoon wasn't helping with the small mound like Jimin had wanted. "You haveta put it here." He hit the ground with his cold hands.

Namjoon stood up then and wandered to another part, gathering up more snow before bringing it back in a half-melted pile to set it on top of the mound.

Jimin giggled. "Higher! We haveta make one this big!" He stretched his little arms above his head as if he were reaching for the stars because that was exactly what he wanted. He wanted a snowman that could reach the stars. Maybe if he was lucky, the snowman would bring one down. Maybe the snowman would even come alive like in that one movie... Surely it would smile at him at some point.

"We gotta make the head too," Namjoon mumbled as he began to shape the snow the best he could with his hands. At this point they were likely going to be sick tomorrow. No coat. Only sneakers that didn't keep anything warm, a pair of jeans and a hoodie each. They had neglected to throw on a coat in the rush outside. "And we need eyes."

"He's gotta smile."

"A smile?"

Jimin nodded his head quickly as little kids do and he quickly dug through the snowy mud to find pebbles. He brought them back and was in the midst of putting them on the snow's face when they both flinched at the sound of someone's shriek.

"Jimin!" It was his mother's voice and the fear alone was enough to make him clam up, feel scared, drop the pebbles, and cry all in a few seconds. "Mama"

She had swooped him up in his arms and he was able to look down at his friend who was wearing that same frightened and teary-eyed look he sported. "Oh my poor baby... what're you doing out here?" she asked as she held him close to her chest, his chin and arms resting on her shoulder. He reached his hand out to his friend with a small pout, now sobbing because their poor snowman was ruined. His mother had stomped on it in the rush.

Namjoon sniffled as he stared up at the strange woman who was holding his friend. "Leave 'im alone!" He cried loudly as he began to hit her in the back of the leg, trying to get his friend back. He was almost certain that his friend was being kidnapped and if there was one thing his mother taught him, it was stranger-danger. If he didn't know who it was and Jimin was crying, then this was clearly danger and he wasn't going to let Jiminie go without a fight. "Let go!" He screamed and sobbed which only made Jimin cry harder as he tried to wiggle out of his mother's arms to fix the snowman.

It was causing quite the scene and even drawing a few peoples' attention from around the place.

She pat her son's back as she moved back and turned towards Namjoon with a scowl. "Little boy, you need to stop. That's rude!" She scolded but her son still cried and Namjoon still tried to hit her; he even attempted to pull Jimin down by tugging on his legs. "Leave 'im lone!" He cried.

One woman walked forward with her phone out and an accusing look on her face. "Put the boy down... I'm calling the police."

"No, that's not necessary. This is my son and-"

"Why is he crying then?" Another man asked as he joined the woman.

A small crowed of a few people gathered and Jimin's mother's scowl grew as she glared at Namjoon who had caused the scene. She reluctantly set down her son and he immediately tried to fix the snowman.

"You stay right here!" The random man said, holding his finger up to her.

It was enough commotion for the teacher to come out with both a relieved and shocked look on her face. "Boys!" She hurriedly rushed over with their coats. "What were-"

"Please, tell them I wasn't trying to kidnap anyone." Mrs. Park huffed and the teacher looked up then and realized what was happening. She stood once the kids had their coats on and bowed her head a few times as she reassured them. "There's no problem here. She's his mother... you can all leave now if you're not here to pick anyone up." She tried to dismiss them but the woman stayed with her phone out.

" 's gone..." Jimin mumbled as he crouched down and tried to build the snowman. Neither of the adults could understand what he had said but even Namjoon knew. It was gone. Their wonderful masterpiece. Their most amazing creation - it was going to smile and now it was all gone.

They both cried harder which caused both the adults to panic.

The teacher squatted down and gently placed a hand on both of their backs, rubbing gently as she tried to soothe them. "Boys, calm down now... it's okay. Let's go back inside." She tried to coax them but Mrs. Park was over the ordeal. "No, that won't be necessary. I'm taking him home." She scooped him up once again before she carried away her sobbing son.

---

That night any sadness over a stomped snowman was over with the second Jimin saw his presents. He had forgotten nearly the entire thing. But Namjoon didn't. He had gotten presents as well and even got to open a few as well, but he didn't forget. The next day when they were together, they built one out of mud and sticks on the playground - this time with the teacher watching over them.

That was their first Christmas. Neither of them remember it, but as time went one each Christmas only got better. Obviously they didn't spend every Christmas together: sometimes Namjoon went on trips with his parents and other times, it was Jimin who went on vacations; sometimes they were in completely different schools; sometimes they didn't see each other at all. But around 6th grade was when they started spending every year together.

"The holidays are most important!" A young Jimin claimed as he laid on his stomach, his feet kicking in the air as he read a comic book.

"What if I'm busy though... I think we're going skiing in Japan this year." Namjoon murmured as he read over his shoulder from on top of the bed. "I don't know if I'll be able to-"

Jimin shot his head up with a slight glare, staring back at his best friend. "You better be there. If you can't physically then you better email me or call me or something. And! You'll have to bring me back a souvenir."

"I might be able to call..."

"You better. You can't break the tradition."

"You said, we're just starting the tradition though... Can't it wait another year?"

"Another whole year? We've been best friends for how long Namjoonie-ah?" Jimin sat up then and faced him with his hand up. He began to count on his fingers, "1... 2... 3... ... 8. Eight years Namjoonie-ah. After eight years... it's a common law marriage."

"Common law... marriage?" Namjoon's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. He had never heard such a name. "What does that mean? Where did you even hear that from?"

The younger shrugged. "Some movie and it means that we're married."

"We're not married." He laughed a little. "That's weird."

"Best friends can be married, can't they? Why can't I marry you?"

"Cause it's weird... two guys, they can't..." Namjoon shook his head.

"Why not though? What's so weird about it? If I like you why not?"

"I don't like you."

"Pfft yeah right." Jimin laughed so hard he nearly fell over. "You like me. We're best friends."

That was a good point... Namjoon thought. "But I want to marry someone else."

"Is it Saeyeon? I noticed she gives you a lot of gifts... If it's gifts you want I can give them too!" Jimin sprung up then from the ground and began looking through his things for stuff he could offer.

Namjoon laughed. "No... Not Saeyeon. Just someone." There was no one. He just couldn't even think about two guys getting married. It seemed weird... he'd never heard of two boys marrying.

"Then what is it? I wanna marry my Kim Namjoonie. He's the nicest and he's super sweet and he has a lot of Ryan (the bear) stuff. And he's super cool. Seems like a pretty cool guy to marry."

"Ah shh!" Namjoon sighed as he let his head hit the mattress, giving up on the conversation. "I'll try and call you if we go anywhere... okay?"

"Okay."

It was quiet for a moment but then Jimin broke the silence with a short, "We're gonna get married."

---

Their conversation on the phone went about the same with Jimin claiming they'd get married at some point and Namjoon trying to talk about anything else cause his friend was truly crazy. But that's when the tradition began. The only time it ever broke was during the military but even then, Jimin still sent a letter, it was Namjoon that didn't reply. So this year was no different. They were going to spend Christmas together.

Notes:

i meant to post this in december but it didn't work out ㅜㅜ

anyways i hope you enjoyed ^^

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAYYYY

Chapter 53

Summary:

christmas with the Kim's >:)

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Namjoon padded across the tile floor in his red and green striped christmas socks with his hands carefully holding a bowl of cereal already poured with the spoon in it. He wanted to do something special for Christmas and while this wasn't his first option, it was still a good once. His original plan was order something from some amazing bakery for breakfast - something that someone else made, just to avoid any hazards - but that fell through when he realised he wouldn't have the time to run to the bakery and as fate would have it, no one was delivering on Christmas morning. So he had to make do with what he had. He wore a bright red santa hat sitting lopsided on his head pajamas he just through on.

If he was completely honest, this first Christmas together as a couple didn't really go how he wanted it to. He had wanted to spend the entirety of Christmas Eve and Christmas together just being young and in love newlyweds but he couldn't leave until he finished at work. He had thought about taking his husband on a mini getaway somewhere remote and exotic but that was quickly shot down when he was reminded that Jimin was terrified of heights and was nervous to be on a boat for too long. Then he wondered if maybe he could get a bunch of gifts, wrap them and put them under a makeshift tree that he'd figure out at some point just to spoil his husband but he simply didn't have the time. It was a sorry excuse in his opinion but he was working on not being too hard on himself. So he mustered up a giant smile when he walked through the apartment door, and with that same smile, he changed out of his work clothes and into as many Christmas-y things he had. Which really wasn't a lot, but at least he tried. He then got their two dogs into little outfits that sported Rudolph with a red pom pom nose. And finally, at 6 am he decided it would be a good time to make the breakfast in bed because today was going to be good - he was determined to make it so. Namjoon poured some cereal into a bowl with some milk and grabbed a spoon before he found his way into their bedroom.

"Merry Christmas~!" His voice was gentle and his smile grew even more as he saw Jimin begin to stir. "Wakey wakey~" He set down the bowl of cereal on the nightstand and sat on the edge of the bed, carefully running his hand down his side as he coaxed him awake. "Come on, get up. I made breakfast in bed~"

Jimin peeked his one eye open at the mention of breakfast, a quick smile appearing. He lifted his cheek off of the pillow, hair all dishevled. "Breakfast?"

"Mhm. Just for you." Namjoon picked up the bowl and held it over him, making sure not to spill any on the bed.

His husband giggled when he saw that it was a bowl of cereal, finding the small act endearing. "Mmm~ Cereal sounds very good." He hummed as he sat up in bed, pulling the blankets up in a bunch in his lap before he took the bowl from Namjoon.

"I wanted to do more but time slipped away from me... I had a whole plan of a giant breakfast - even having a chef coming in to cook it all. I wanted to have a trail of presents for you... a nice dinner tonight. I wanted to do it all but I apparently suck at managing time." Namjoon chuckled a bit and Jimin slurped some of the milk from the bowl before he hit his arm.

"You do not suck. You work sooooo much every day. So, while all of that would have been good, this is way better." He held up his bowl with a giant smile. "It's good. Most delicious cereal I've ever had in the whole world."

He smiled softly and nodded his head. "Okay... but this isn't all I did either."

"Lemme guess, you dressed up?" Jimin asked.

"How'd you guess?" Namjoon laughed and gently took off his santa hat and put it on Jimin's head. "You need to look more festive."

"I haven't even gotten out of bed yet." He chuckled but fixed the hat onto his head anyways.

"But, there's more. You should see our two boys... they look absolutely spectacular."

"Our... boys?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows together.

"The dogs?"

"Ah," His mouth formed into an 'o' as he nodded his head. "What did you do to them? Did you dye their fur..." His eyes grew wide, truly hoping that that wasn't the case. A red and green puppy isn't exactly something he wanted for however long the dye lasted.

"Haha, no, I didn't. That would have been creative though." Namjoon whistled a moment later and the sound of small feet against the tile quickly flooded the otherwise quiet room. They both could hear the two dogs running across the tile through the living room and directly into their room. It made the two of them smile even more.

"Aww, my boys." Jimin cooed as he leaned over the edge of the bed to take a peek at the sweaters they were both wearing. They were truly ridiculous but so cute at the same time. "They look so handsome."

"Truly." Namjoon agreed.

Jimin sat back up and picked up his spoon, before he offered some to his husband. "Want any? Have you eaten yet?"

"I had toast earlier. Just eat up. We have somewhere to be at noon."

"What time is it now?"

"Nine."

"That's so many hours from now, why do I have to rush?"

"Cause you have presents to open and places to be, now hurryyy." Namjoon leaned in and kissed his cheek. "While you finish up, I'm going to shower."

"Okay..." Jimin's voice lingered for a moment as he watched his husband walk into the bathroom. Something seemed off. He was suspicious of whatever his husband had planned today. He was certain it wasn't anything that was a part of the "original plan" he had talked about so he wasn't sure what it could be. "Where are we going?"

"Somewhere spectacular." Namjoon replied as the water turned on in the shower. Truthfully, he had no clue where he was going to take him. Aside for a dinner he had scheduled for later that night at a nice restaurant, every other part of this day was going to be improvised. He wasn't sure how he was going to pull it off considering the only sleep he got last night was the few times he dozed off at his desk before deciding to go home. But he was going to do it. He was going to make this the best Christmas for them yet.

Notes:

I JUST WANNA APOLOGIZE!! I haven't updated in a while ㅜㅜ
first i had written two chapters that were like 4,000 words each and it was gonna be good right -
but then i decided... it wasn't good ㅜㅜ
so i rewrote something completely different
but then i had to pause that cause i had to crochet flowers for several bouquets for an event ㅜㅜ
and now here we are XD

anyways, I hope you enjoyed ^^
i plan on updating either tomorrow or the next day so stay tuned :3
HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT/EVENING/LIFE!!!! <33

also namjoon is a freaking sweetheart ㅜㅜ

Chapter 54

Summary:

Christmas ㅜㅜ
and Jimin's in love

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Jimin laughed softly to himself as he held his head up with his hand, elbow planted on the table as he slumped over it slightly. When Namjoon said the wine was good, he didn't expect that to mean strong as well. Only two glasses in and he had already stripped himself of his coat and the tie. Casual clothes - he knew he should have worn something casual, but Joonie insisted on them dressing up nicely. This is why casual clothes are better! They're lighter and easier to take off and just way better over all. "Way better!" He mumbled to himself, his lips pursed together and eyebrows furrowed as he stared across at his husband.

Tipsy. He was tipsy - not drunk. He thought that should be noted even if it wasn't completely true. Christmases were something that he enjoyed celebrating. He usually went to a little restaurant or bar and enjoyed himself. Sometimes with his friends, fewer times with coworkers, but the one constant thing that always happened on that day (aside for a few drinks) was Namjoon. Whether it be a quick text he'd shoot randomly during the day or them physically meeting up with each other late at night just to say Merry Christmas... somehow Namjoon was always there on that day. He couldn't even remember the first Christmas they'd spent together, just that Namjoon was always there and it was a stability he absolutely loved. Even when they went into the military and Namjoon stopped talking to him, he sent one text that probably took less than a minute to compose and send but it had truly made Jimin's whole day.

That's what being with Namjoon was like. A person he could depend on for everything and anything who was stable enough for that to happen. The only stable person who'd ever been in his life was his mother but she was far from the best person to be around and he learned quickly that he couldn't confide in her for everything but then there was Namjoon who he got along with wonderfully and who never judged him no matter what he did. If he skipped class for whatever reason, Namjoon gave him the notes and helped him study. When he wanted to pursue dance, the only person in his corner who supported him unconditionally was his dear friend.

Man, he was too happy. Truly too happy to be with him. And maybe it was the wine or the fact that Namjoon had done so much today to make this an amazing day, but he was deep in his feelings. To know Namjoon cared so much about him, it made his heart swell in his chest and the urge to pout at simply how happy he was very persistent.

His face had softened as he stared at his husband from across the table who smiled happily back at him. "I love you."

"Where's this coming from?" Namjoon asked, a small questioning look appearing on his face but his smile grew nonetheless.

"Well, I was just thinking about it." Jimin began to draw circles on the tablecloth with his index finger, smiling stupidly as his thoughts were flooded with reasons as to why he loved Namjoon. "You're easily the best thing that's ever happened to me, did you know that? And I love it. So much. Love, love, love." He nodded to himself.

"Love, love, love." He repeated and Jimin nodded again.

He sat up straighter in the chair and stretched his arms out. He was happy that their table was a bit of ways from the rest of the guests - both giving them privacy and allowing them to still feel like they were at a busy restaurant. "Seriously though. I love you so much. You spent all today being the greatest husband in the world and I love it. You made me breakfast in bed."

"That could have been better but-" Namjoon interjected but Jimin continued talking. The entire day Namjoon had apologized for not making anything better than cereal and even though Jimin had told him it was the best bowl he's ever had and he wouldn't have wanted anything else, he still continued to apologize for it.

"You took me to the tailor and we got these nice suits. Even though casual clothes would be much better, I do appreciate it. You bought me a grogeous bracelet that I will protect with my life." He raised his hand, showing off the bracelet lined with heart shaped diamonds that was now nicely placed just above the cuff of his suit shirt. It was stunning, beautiful - something Jimin was hesitant to except because it was so priceless but in the end he did. "And then we take me to this beautiful place and we eat amazing food."

"And drink amazing wine, right?"

He nodded his head again. "Yep. And amazing wine... and I love it. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful day."

"It's not over yet though."

"Ah yes, you said there was more after this... I wonder what it is though. We have had quite a packed day, I don't know what else you could possibly put in to top everything."

"You'll just have to wait and see, I guess. Speaking of, I think we should get going so we don't miss it." He replied, glancing at his watch just to be sure of the time before he stood up and made his way to Jimin's side of the table. He grabbed his husband's coat and tie, being sure to drape the coat around his shoulders once he stood, and after grabbing his hand, he lead him out of the restaurant.

Jimin huffed out a cold breath as he took the coat off of his shoulders and actually put it on instead. "We probably should have brought more layers with us."

"Yeah that would have been smart." Namjoon chuckled before he wrapped his arm around Jimin's waist and pulled him in close before he began walking, still keeping a nice grip on him. He wanted to keep him warm and was mentally scolding himself for not thinking about that ahead of time.

"So where exactly are we going?"

"I already told you I can't tell, honey~ You'll like it though. It's one of the most magical things you could possibly experience in Seoul."

"Have I seen it before?"

"I don't think so."

Namjoon's answer was enough for Jimin to start to get even more excited than he was. Granted, he was a bit quiet right now as he was slightly tipsy, but other than that, he was genuinely excited to see where he was taking him. He had lived in Seoul his entire life and while he experienced quite a lot during that time, he knew that there was a whole long list of things he'd never get to do so being able to try something new with Joon was exciting.

Jimin stayed fairly quiet for a while as he leaned his head against his husband's shoulder and stayed close to him, holding his hand between them. Until they ended up at the train station and then his curiosities got the best of him. "Where exactly are we going? Is it far?"

"Not really." He mumbled as he let go of Jimin so they could get through the turnstiles. As soon as they got through, they were back in each other's arms again like a teenage couple who couldn't keep their hands off of each other. "A short train ride to Junggu and then an even shorter walk," They stepped onto the platform together, standing by a cement support beam as they waited for the train. "Then you will be fully immersed in an absolutely beautiful place."

"Hmm..." Jimin narrowed his eyes at his husband and the childish thought that maybe narrowing his eyes would give him the power to read his mind. Of course, it didn't work, but it was certainly worth a shot. "I really have no clue where you're taking me."

"It's an amazing place with an even more amazing view."

"Ah, I don't know if I should trust this. Maybe you're hyping it up too much."

"No seriously. It's beautiful. I've seen the show before and the view is amazing too."

"View?"

"Mhm. Now no more hints."

"What! That didn't even count as a hint." Jimin gently nudged his side and Namjoon shrugged. "It counted and you get no more."

"Okay, fine. No more hints. At least I know we're going to Junggu."

His husband hummed softly in acknowledgement before taking his hand and leading him onto the train once the doors opened. They found two seats beside each other near the exit and sat there. There were a few other people on the car but it was fairly quiet considering it was 10 pm on a holiday night.

"Can I try and guess?"

"Sure but I don't think you'll guess the entire thing."

"So it's multiple?" Jimin asked, a coy look on his face.

His husband shrugged once again. "I don't know."

"Ah yes you do." Jimin sighed and leaned back in the seat. "Are we going to a museum?"

"What museum is open at 10?"

"Cool ones." He chuckled. "Is it a park?"

"Sort of."

"Sort of... meaning? Meaning what? Like we'll be at a park? Will we be standing on the sidewalk across from a park? What does sort of mean?"

"It means sort of. We'll sort of be at a park."

"That doesn't make any sense but okay. Will we inside somewhere or will we be outside?"

"A little bit of both."

"What?" Jimin's eyebrows furrowed together again as he turned to face his husband. "Your answers don't make any sense. How could we "sort of" be at a park, and be both inside and outside?"

Namjoon shrugged yet again. "No idea."

"Ah, stop lying." Jimin whined as he sat back and rested his head on his husband's shoulder. "Just tell me what it is."

"You'll see."

"You really won't tell me."

"Sadly, no I won't. But you'll love the surprise."

"I'm starting to not believe you."

"I /promise/ that you'll love it. You'll enjoy every second of it."

"Well since you promised-"

Namjoon smiled again and kissed his head. The promise and the kiss was enough to hush Jimin's curiosities to silent ones as he waited on the train with him and even when it came to a stop and they got off, he stopped asking questions. All of the answers he got only made him chase his own tail so there really wasn't any point to it.

They began to walk from the train station, a bit of ways down roads Jimin may have been once before but he had no clue where they were going. As far as he knew, the only attraction over here was Namsan tower and the Blue House so he wasn't sure what to expect at all. He knew they weren't going to either - or at least he hoped they weren't. Namsan tower was nice but they used to go there a lot when they were younger and as for the Blue House, there's no way Namjoon got them access to go there. There was Namsan park but on their short walk, they had already passed the entrance into that so...

"And here we are." Namjoon stood proudly beside him as they stopped in front of Dongdaemun Design plaza. A place Jimin had never been and had completely forgotten about. It was built back when he was still in high school and he could remember all of his peers being excited about it, but he, himself, had never been before.

"What are we doing here?"

"There's a pretty epic light show that they put on several times a year... this Christmas they have a special one. We missed part of it but that's okay." Namjoon smiled as he continued to walk, guiding Jimin along with him. They walked up a concrete path up to the building before turning and walking along the side of it. They found a bench and sat down together. The projection for the light show had gone black for a few minutes before it flashed alive and beautiful images of the galaxy flowed across the building. Jimin wasn't one who really cared too much for space things but seeing something like this felt almost magical. To see the different colours of pinks and purples mixed with the deepest of blacks and blues - a collage of dark and light colours that existed in such a loose flowing way that it was hard to imagine their world, where their sky could only been seen as black or blue at night was in the mix of all of those colours and beauty. It was breathtaking, truly.

The only thing better than the light show was the look of fascination on Namjoon's face as the images faded into each other and the viewers of the show went on a mini journey through the universe. You'd think after being together for so many years as friends and then as a couple, he would be used to it but still, every new side he found of his husband made him fall deeper for him. The fascination made a smile appear on his own face and before the show was over, he found himself watching Namjoon more than the show itself. Yes it was beautiful, but why pay attention to something so unattainable like the universe when he could give his attention to /his/ universe.

It seemed cheesy and it most definitely was but something felt different. As the months had passed since they had gotten married, he was starting to feel this feeling of being whole in a completely new way than he ever had felt before and he loved it. To know he was so lucky to have Namjoon there with him, by his side for now and for forever... He didn't need to look at the universe, as lovely as it was, when his everything was sitting right beside him.

Namjoon squeezed his hand as the show came to and end, his fascination melting into the softest grin he had ever seen from him. His dimples out and his eyes nearly closed from how wide he was smiling. It was the most breathtaking view of the night.

"I love you." Jimin had declared again for the second time of the night.

"I love you, too." Namjoon leaned in and pressed a short kiss to the corner of Jimin's smile and it made him feel giddy and loved. Two feelings he didn't know he'd ever feel this way but he didn't hate at all.

"Now, we have one more place to go and then we can go home so we better hurry." He stood up and took Jimin's hand again, leading the way to the next stop. Jimin followed along happily, holding onto him as close as possible.

Notes:

i was in my feels writing this so ㅜㅜ
there will be one more part to their christmas night so look forward to that ^^

anyways i hope you enjoyed :D
Have a good day/night/life!!

Chapter 55

Summary:

date part two :))

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Jimin is in fact scared of heights but with everything Namjoon has done today and how truly in love he felt right now, his fear had slipped away from him and he had gotten on the cable car without any hesitation. He still held Namjoon's hand even as they sat down and he felt so lucky. The car began it's journey up the mountain and he really didn't have a care in the world about the fact that they were far off of the suspended by a cable. He was just happy that they were lucky enough to be by themselves in the car than together.

"So, what do you think of our first Christmas together as a married couple?" Namjoon broke the silence first. His eyes were focused on the peak of the mountain, waiting for the tower to come into view before he glanced at Jimin.

"Truthfully?"

"Of course truthfully. I wouldn't want you to lie."

"It's been one of the most magical days of my life and I thank you for putting it together. I loved every part of it from the cereal and the dog sweaters to the light show and just - all of it... everything. You wanna know what the best part was though?" Jimin mumbled, leaning his head on his shoulder again. He rested his hand on top of theirs that were clasped together.

"Hmm?"

"The best part was spending it all with you. It really was my favourite part... I got to see such a beautiful side of life today and I thank you for it."

"I'll try my best to show you a new good side every day then."

"Ah, no... that would be too much. Little days like this is nice though. It's like," He lifted his head again and turned to face him. "Like when we were just friends, we would have our little dates every weekend. That was enough for me to feel happy. Even if I had a crappy week, I knew it would end well because I'd get to see you. And even now when we are married... I don't care how much work. Just as long as you don't work too, too much and that we see each other at least once every few weeks or something. I know that it is nearly unachievable for us to see each other daily even though we are married and we are living together because you are busy, but that's okay. Because I don't need every day... I don't even need every week. Just sharing special days like this every once in a while is enough for me. In an odd way, us being apart physically is makes me appreciate these moments even more."

Namjoon grinned slightly, finding it both sweet and upsetting that Jimin had to say anything like that. He knew that he worked too much - they both knew it. But to know that his husband would still love him and does still love him after spending nearly every hour of the past few weeks made him feel much better. "i'll be sure to make sure every holiday is this special then."

"Same here. I want to make them special for you too. We should take turns doing it. I call the next holiday."

"Valentines Day?"

"Yeah, I call Valentines Day. I'm going to make it fun and you'll enjoy every moment of it."

"What if I want to plan each holiday?"

"Then we can collaborate. Mhm... Valentines Day we both can choose certain things and fit in as much as possible."

"Just no tandem bike riding-"

"Yeah, no bike riding... that was a pain in the ass."

The two of them laughed and continued to talk about how they'd spend the next year's holidays together and all of the different dates they'd like to go on. If they were actually going to go on them, they didn't know but just discussing it was enough to put a grand smile on both of their faces. By the time the car had come to a stop and they were at the top of the mountain, Jimin realized that he had sat calmly through the entire ascent without freaking out over the fact that they were far off the ground and all because of Namjoon; know that made him smile even more.

He gently swung their hands together beside them once they had gotten off, feeling like he was simply high on love. "Is this the last stop then?"

Namjoon nodded his head, guiding them up the sidewalk and as close to the tower as they could get. Not to actually see it but to get the best view from the top of the mountain as they could. They stopped in front of a railing that was riddled with locks of various colours and sizes, all different from each other.

As soon as Jimin saw the locks he knew exactly why they came all the way up here. "You know this is kind of cheesy..."

His husband wore a guilty smile as he stood face him, holding both of his hands now. "I know that the rings show everyone our love... an infinite bond to each other, but I think - even though this is cheesy - we should do it. We should put a lock here. They say that if you do it'll last forever and I want to make sure it does."

"Ah," Jimin's mouth formed into an 'o' shape as he looked at the other locks. "So this is kind of like insurance on our love?"

"Exactly."

"It's still a bit cheesy but okay."

"Yeah, well you'll think this is even cheesier." Namjoon mumbled as he pulled out a metal lock from his pocket. On the front of it was an engraving of their names with little swirls surrounding it. It was easily one of the prettier locks there but it didn't stand out obnoxiously that way they could keep their lock on the bridge in a way that wouldn't draw attention but would be special to them both.

"It is cheesy but I like it." Jimin giggled as he took the lock from him. "We have to throw away the key once we lock it, got it?"

"But of course... I can't risk you unlocking it on me." He teased and Jimin pouted, hitting his shoulder. "Me? I've been chasing you since I was a little kid! My love is like an eternal flame baby and not even a little rain can make it go out."

"What if I blow you?"

"Haha... funny." The smaller flicked his shoulder before he unlocked the lock and squatted down on the bridge. He hooked it around the steel support of the bridge, being sure not to hook it around anyone else's. He didn't want to meddle in anyone's relationship nor did he want anyone to do the same to him.

"Did you think I was joking?" Namjoon asked with a small smirk. Jimin glared playfully up at him before he clicked the lock into place. He stood up and dusted his hands off onto the coat he was wearing. "Considering we're at Namsan tower..."

"And?" Namjoon wrapped his arms around his husband, pulling him in close.

"And we're in the middle of a public space..."

"And~?"

Jimin's eyes narrowed more and he skillfully stole the key from his hand. "And we need to throw the key away."

"Later, though?" He asked as Jimin pulled away from him. He caught his hand and held it so they didn't have to be apart.

"Hmm?" His husband played dumb as he turned the key over in his hand. It was small and pretty like the lock had been. "Did you say something?"

"I'll blow you later."

"That's quite lewd coming from you." Jimin's ears were slightly red but if asked, he would claim it was the cold weather. "What should we do with this?" He held the key up. "I don't want to throw it here in case it hits someone or an animal tries to eat it, and I don't have any other ideas..."

"We could build a dream house and put in the concrete. Or, maybe, we could go on a hot air balloon ride and throw it from there. Or-"

"The concrete one seems sweet, but I thought we were buying a house."

"We are~" Namjoon took both of Jimin's hands into his and dangled them between them, being sure to keep the one with the key in it tight. "But who says we can't renovate or something."

"Renovate... hmm." Jimin nodded his head. The idea of putting it somewhere meaningful was more appealing than simply throwing it off somewhere. The key was a a symbol of their love and throwing it away seemed a bit... disrespectful to the bond they had. "I like that. I think we should hang onto them for now then. We'll know the right place to let this little thing go, but for now we have to keep it." He let go of Namjoon's hand and dropped the key into his pocket, giving it a little pat.

"Okay, I think we should head back home now. The puppies are probably waiting at the door for us."

"Ah, but Yoongi picked them up." Namjoon's mischievous smirk was back and he sneakily pulled his husband back towards him. Jimin lazily wrapped his arms around his neck and leaned into him. "Are you prepping Yoongi to be a babysitter for date nights?"

"Is that what I'm doing?"

"Mr. Kim, you really should treat your friends better."

"Mr. Kim... are you insinuating that I'm using my friends?"

"Never." Jimin mumbled before he leaned in and kissed his husband. A kiss on christmas seemed like it was too good to be true... it was something he had wanted for so long and now he was elated to do so especially with someone he loved so dearly.

Notes:

it has been a long moment and i'm so sorry ㅜㅜ
a lot has happened this year that I just, would have never expected?? In both bad and good ways but oui ;;

anywho! I hope you enjoyed! Namjoon is being frisky ooo la la ;)

i do believe that this story is coming to an end though... sadly ;;
but, idk if there will ever be a definite end to this? I have many ideas that are simply just memories/moments of the characters together that are just too sweet not to share so ^^

ANYWAYS!! PLEASE HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY/NIGHT/EVENING/MORNING/WEEK/YEAR/LIFE!!! STAY POSITIVE PEOPLES! <3

Chapter 56

Summary:

the military was a rough patch pt1?

Notes:

as it has been mentioned before~ there was a bit of a rough patch for our beloved minimon couple in this fic after high school/during college years/around the time they were in the military...
i've never specifically written anything about it but oui ^^'

i am going through it now that they've all enlisted so i figured talking about their past may help...? ㅜㅜ
I don't know-
anyways I don't know how many parts the military flashback will be but i hope you'll enjoy :)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

[We haven't seen each other in a while, Joon.]

Jimin sent the text late one night when he was 22.

It had been almost a year since they last saw each other and even longer since they had last hung out. High school wasn't easy by no means but at least they had each other. That was until the end though...

Namjoon graduated a month early and once he graduated he all but dropped from the face of the earth. No matter how many times Jimin tried to text him back or how many times he stopped by his house, he was always ignored or turned away. Namjoon didn't tell him anything. They hadn't spoken a word to each other since Namjoon gave him a gift to congratulate him for a recital he had completed and even the card was written in someone else's hand writing. That hurt.

It hurt in so many ways to know that their friendship (even that word seemed foreign) could go radio silent so quickly and for what? Jimin didn't know why he wasn't answering his calls or why he was being turned away but it hurt like hell. If there was a way to describe the feeling of being locked alone in a personal hell, he didn't know it, but he had a pretty good idea of it.

He had created this bubble around him that he was content in. He would smile when people passed and would answer the question any professor asked. He even completed his assignments on time but, he felt alone. Like the life he enjoyed for so long, this bubble he had created slowly frosted over in a wintery ice that had slowly shattered away. He didn't realize his bubble was so fragile. He had spent his student life devoted to his friendship to someone who wouldn't even read a message he sent. And now that he was surrounded by new friends and grateful to continue studying dance, he felt like nothing held as much meaning as it did when he was able to share it with the one person who was always there for him.

Life was already hard enough when you are trying to navigate being an adult but without having the person you leaned on in so many ways was difficult. He couldn't remember how many times he had attended a mandatory newbie meeting at a bar only to be solemnly drinking in a corner with his phone out on the table and a text ready to send to his friend out and waiting for him to send it. Sometimes he would give in to the urge to send it (like tonight), but most of the time it would go into a draft or be deleted forever.

About a month ago he had showed up at Namjoon's house late at night. He was a bit tipsy and slurred his words as he called out for his friend only to be answered by Namjoon's mother. Her sweet voice carried through the crack in the door she opened. "Honey, he's serving in the military now. He left for the training camp-" Jimin didn't listen to the rest of her words because in his semi-drunken state, going into the military suddenly meant that Namjoon was going to suffer through something horrible because the military was scary and he didn't even know what camp he was in or how to contact him. Or if he would be able to use his phone - was he even getting his messages?

He had cried so much that night that Mrs. Kim had taken him inside and sobered him up a bit before leaving him with an address he could write letters to Namjoon and yet he still found himself writing texts. He didn't even know if Namjoon could use his phone. He should have paid attention when eh was younger; maybe then he would have a clue about what serving in the military entailed.

"Joon-ah." He pouted a little as he rested his head on his desk and stared at his phone. He used to do this same thing back in class, only Namjoon would be sitting where his phone was and he could obliviously watch someone who meant more to him than anyone he had ever known. How foolish he was then. If he realized then what he had come to realize now, maybe things would be different.

[I miss you...]

He had typed out another message but this one was deleted almost immediately. It was both too forward and lacked too much at the same time. Feeling alone and missing someone was frustruating

He would hate to admit it - hate to admit most of his feelings for Namjoon - but there were things he couldn't deny. Like the fact that he was with his other friends and enjoying himself, he had a nagging thought in the back of his head wondering what Namjoon was up to. Or the feeling in his chest like his heart was breaking apart.

It was only the military. Namjoon was busy. He has college. Jimin force-fed himself excuse after excuse without ever asking if that was really the case because he was scared that it was true. That the place in the caste-system of Namjoon's life was diminished to less than anything else.

Jimin lifted his head off of his desk and turned over his phone. If he was going to reach Namjoon and convey his feelings properly, it needed to be personal. Handwritten and on paper. Something that was worth caring for. So he pulled out some paper from a drawer and a pen from the metal cup he had on his desk and began writing. It wasn't the first letter he had written but all of the rest were him pleading for his friend to come back. This one was going to be different. Maybe if he didn't seem so helpless, the other would at least write him back...

It was a drunken hope and a part of him knew it too but he proceeded to write it anyone.

"Namjoon-ah" He began the letter. Dear was too formal and he'd be caught dead before he called the elder hyung. They were equals. Equals in a friendshi-

"Namjoon-ah hyung..." He added the honorific, reminding himself that things were different now. Even if they once were close enough to drop honorifics and formality, he didn't know where they were at now.

"I'll start by saying that I miss you and I have missed you. I hope this letter finds you well and that you realize, it's different from the rest. I hope that every letter from this one forward is different as well, but who knows...

I miss you so much. I've never been good with words - you should know that much - but I have to say, everything makes me miss you. Walking by your house, down the streets we used to skip... visiting the same stores we used to frequent. Even as I've started college, I realize that no matter how many friends I make, no one has matched up to you. Our friendship still feels alive in my heart and I won't admit that it's ended even if it has.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I love you... like a friend. And I always will. I need you in my life. I need you here, with me so that way I can share my life with the one person that means the most to me."

Jimin groaned as he tugged on his hair, feeling more pathetic now that he had written that bit but evenso, he did not erase it and kept going.

"I don't know if your mom told you but I got drunk the other day... I ended up at your house and she took care of me. She lulled me to sleep in your bed and I sobbed the next morning when I saw a picture of us on you dresser. I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about... the one from when we had graduated middle school. I didn't know you had kept it so you can imagine how much it affected me to see it again."

He huffed and ruffled his hair to try and ease his nerves again. "This is already getting too long so I think I'll just cut it off here... i miss you and I hope you'll let write me back. I can't take not hearing from you - it's driving me insane. So to keep my head, I've put in for my military. I failed my physical exam because of surgery I had on my knee a year or so ago so I can't enter regular combat... Which I guess is good. I can write you more.

I hope you'll write me. I hope you'll miss me. I hope you'll think of me in the things you do... but if you don't, please don't tell me. I want to be delusional in loving you.

- Min"

He put the letter in an envelope and sealed it, leaving it alone on his desk so he would remember it the next morning. He wrote it already and now it was sealed and stamped... all there was left to do was send it. He didn't know if he would or if he would keep it for himself.

Notes:

Ah, okay ;;
so jimin really misses namjoon despite the elder ignoring him and I don't know if that will change ㅜㅜ

i started writing this when joon and tae had officially enlisted and i saw the pictures that jin, hobi, and everyone had posted so forgive me for being sad ;;

BUT IT"S OKAY! Yep
I also should apologize because i feel like it was not written well but, i am sick right now with a cold that has my head in every place but here -.-

i wanted to post though so :)

ANYWAYS I APOLOGIZE FOR SUCH A LONG NOTE AT THE END

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL DAY/NIGHT/EVENING/LIFE!!! STAY STRONG ARMY 🫶 💜

Chapter 57

Notes:

this is very much a filler to give Namjoon's side of things when it came to Jimin sending letters ;;
But enjoy!!!

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Jimin had sent the letter the next day. Not in the morning because that was too real for someone without coffee, but after he had gone through the motions of the day and allowed himself to fully dwell on sending the letter where he confessed his "friendly" love for the other and then a small gathering with other students where he gained some liquid courage; only then did he send the letter. It took serious contemplation and time to actually put it in the mailbox, but once it was sent, it arrived in the small pile of letters Namjoon would receive at the end of the week.

"Corporal Kim Namjoon." His name was called by an officer that stood at the door of his barrack, holding a stack of envelopes.

Namjoon set his book down on the bed and stood, taking the letter from him a moment later before sitting down again. After nearly a year of serving in the military, only one person continued to send letters. His mother only called every once in a while and when she did, it was only to ask about whether or not he had been promoted or to tell him she expected great things of him, and his father was a man of few words who hadn't even shown up to see him off when he was first admitted.

But there was one person who he knew would send letters even after they had not talked for over a year. He had specifically asked his parents not to tell him because he didn't want him to know. He didn't want Jimin to know he was serving or for Jimin to know how to contact him because it made things more difficult.

After they had graduated, Namjoon went through a small crisis of confusion where he didn't know what he wanted to do with his life. His parents wanted him to get a job right away. He wanted to pursue his education in some way but he wasn't sure in which subject or interest he should continue to study. Some teachers of his wanted him to pursue a career in the arts. Even the old man that ran a street stand not far from their house had asked if he wanted to help around and take over it some day. There were an ample amount of opportunities that were just waiting for him, right there in front of him...

But no one asked what he wanted. He didn't know who he wanted to be or what he wanted to do. He felt a sort of restlessness and misdirection that he had never felt before. Ever since he was young, he had been taking care of himself, living in a house primarily by himself with mere glimpses of his parents in passing, so he had taught himself discipline and made sure he did what was expected of him. Homework, food, caring for himself - all of it was done alone.

The only campanion he had was his dear friend. The same friend he didn't want to see when he was in distress like this. He needed to get his life together, get his head on straight, and only then could he face his friend. He didn't want to let him down or ruin the friendship they once had. But once he had figured out what he wanted to major in and the college he was going to go to, he still didn't reach out to him. He continued to ignore him. And in a way that made him feel sick, it was easy to do so. It was easy to ignore a message that came across his phone because he rarely used it for more than an alarm or schedule book, and it was easy to avoid him because Jimin was a busy person. He was busy and he was living his life easily without him...

Namjoon hated seeing him live his life without him but at least from afar he seemed happy - that was the beginning though. Now, he couldn't bring himself to talk to his friend in the state he was in because he didn't want to disappoint him. Over a year's worth of time is long enough to change and Namjoon hadn't accomplished anything. He took a break from college with one semester left to complete his military and he had yet to finish that either. If you looked at his accomplishments since high school, he had not changed even slightly.

He sighed as he looked down at the envelope in his hands. In blue ink read his friend's name and he found himself hesitating to open it. Despite having opened a few from him before, he still felt nervous about what he could be talking about. Maybe Jimin was going to call him out or maybe he was going to end their friendship altogether.

Thoughts like that is what kept him from opening it for another day. He couldn't bring himself to know what was in it until him not knowing what was in it was eating away at him.

Namjoon had sat on the edge of his bed, grateful for being on the lower bunk so there was at least some sort of privacy. He had cut open the top of it and pulled out the letter and opened it. His throat tightened slightly when he saw the word "love" at the end of the letter. Love... He was foolish enough to have glanced through the words rather than read it at all and now he was worried that this was a love letter rather than something between friends. But despite his worries, he started reading from the beginning.

"Namjoon-ah hyung." It felt foreign to read a word like that; it felt wrong. They had been friends for over a decade and never once had Jimin called him hyung, so reading it under these circumstances made him feel like shit. Had he ruined their friendship so badly that they couldn't be themselves anymore?

"I'll start by saying that I miss you and I have missed you. I hope this letter finds you well and that you realize, it's different from the rest. I hope that every letter from this one forward is different as well, but who knows..." Maybe Jimin had matured while they hadn't spoken, but this didn't sound like him. It didn't sound like the Jimin he once knew and it made him feel horrible. He was the cause of this. The reason why his friend wasn't the same.

"I miss you so much. I've never been good with words - you should know that much - but I have to say, everything makes me miss you. Walking by your house, down the streets we used to skip... visiting the same stores we used to frequent. Even as I've started college, I realize that no matter how many friends I make, no one has matched up to you. Our friendship still feels alive in my heart and I won't admit that it's ended even if it has."

Namjoon felt a pang of sadness in his chest as his grasp tightened on the letter. Continuing to read made him feel like he would crumble, it felt like he had destroyed whatever they had even if in the letter, Jimin was telling him that no matter what had changed, he still wanted to be friends.

He didn't want to continue reading but he had to. He needed to know why it said love at the bottom of the letter when they had never said that before...

Notes:

Joon wants to prove to everyone including himself that he's worth it >:)
and until he can do that, he's not sure if he will talk to Jimin ;;

i apologize it is so short ㅜㅜ