Actions

Work Header

City of Ghosts One Shots (UPLOADED FROM WATTPAD)

Chapter 3: These girls can see ghosts but can't see how much they pine for each other?

Summary:

Sorry I've been gone for so long! I've had writers block and a lot of work at school, but I'm back and here's a new oneshot.

Requested by: snowdropcalamity

Chapter Text

Cassidy heard her doorbell ring and she ran up to it in excitement. She swung it open and saw Lara at her front door with a large suitcase. Lara had somehow convinced her parents to let her stay at Cassidy’s for the summer and the two were overjoyed to spend the rest of the holiday together (Jacob wasn’t).

“It is so great to see you again!” Cass squealed and hugged her friend, “we can go and put all your things upstairs, Jacob is up there too.”

“I’m sure he is so happy to see me.” Lara commented and Cass laughed.

“He totally is.”

As the two walked up the stairs Cass looked at Lara, it had been a year since they’d last seen each other in person and Lara had definitely changed, she still wore the same Ravenclaw inspired clothing, but she had grown taller and her hair was longer. Cass felt her face getting hot, but firmly told herself off inside her head.

‘She doesn’t even like you like that, just let this vacation be normal and not weird.’

When they got to Cass’ room, Jacob was scrawled on her bed reading a comic book, the pages seemingly turning on their own is what a normal person could see but both Lara and Cass both stared at Jacob as he looked up at them.

“Lara, a pleasure seeing you again.” He said in a monotone voice.

“Don’t imitate me, Jacob.” She stated.

“Oh come on, let me have fun.”

“Jacob, be nice. I want you guys to get along this summer.”

“How can we get along? She’ll be trying to kill me!”

“I’ll make sure she won’t.” Cass said, “Just be nice.”

Lara watched the two squabble but didn’t realize she was focusing more on Cass than on the argument. Cass had definitely matured in the year since they had seen each other, her face had a more mature look and Lara suddenly felt too hot in her sweater and took it off. She definitely did not have a crush on Cass, Cass doesn’t like her, she doesn’t like Cass. They’re only friends.

For the next hour the three caught up, well it was mainly Cass and Lara but Jacob had the occasional comment that Lara would usually ignore.

Cass and Lara seemed to be looking at each other a lot, and when they were caught staring, they would quickly turn their heads away. Jacob noticed this, and a smirk came to his face. He had a new goal for the summer.

The rest of the day's hours flew by too quickly and consisted of Cass and Jacob helping Lara unpack, even though Jacob wasn’t really helping and was just making fun of the things that Lara had packed.

Evening came and the friends had decided to put on Harry Potter for the hundredth time. Jacob rolled his eyes and stood up.

“Well, I’m getting tired, I’ve gotta go to my ghost world and do ghost things now. See ya!”

“You just don’t wanna watch Harry Potter!” Cass shouted as her best friend disappeared.

“Looks like it’s just you and me,” Lara commented and the two girls looked at each other, both visibly blushing but too oblivious to notice.

Jacob watched from the window. Yes, his plan was already working.