Actions

Work Header

Eternal

Summary:

Mob!boss Spock finally has a preliminary bond with Jim, but he still needs to convince Jim to be his forever--and to take his rightful place as Spock's right hand man. Meanwhile, threats arise from enemies old and new. Set in the 1930s, on a planet where Romulus, Vulcan, and Qo'noS are different countries.

A note on the non-con and underage tags: this refers to things that happened offscreen, in the past, and not between Jim/Spock, but rereading this again I think the tags are warranted! There is is also attempted non-con on screen.

Chapter 1

Summary:

Sooo I was planning to write a one-shot in this verse but instead this has turned into another chapter fic. Whoops! I don't want to give too many details here of what has happened in the series thus far (as I hope you'll go back and read it!) but new readers should know: Mob boss!Spock fell for exotic dancer/sex worker!Jim, and the two now live together and share a preliminary bond. Jim has taken care of Tom and Kevin since the three of them ran away from the Tarsus orphanage, so they live with the couple as well.

Chapter Text

Jim awoke wrapped in Vulcan limbs. Spock was curled against his back, arm draped around his waist, legs tangled with his. He took a few moments to simply luxuriate in how right it felt to be wrapped up in Spock, warm and safe, before gently pulling away—

—Only to have Spock pull him back. “Where are you going?” Spock murmured into the back of his neck.

“Spock, c’mon, I’m getting up.” He tried again, but Spock did not release his hold, keeping one arm firmly around him and letting the other wander over his body, leaving fire in its wake. Jim could feel lust bubbling up in the back of his brain—lust that was not his own. It was still so bizarre that he could feel Spock’s emotions through their bond, but aside from the obvious benefits like the bond helping them communicate in emergencies, it also felt so good to share pleasure this way.

“Mmm, I see no reason to let you go.”

Jim huffed, amused. “It’s Tom and Kevin’s first day of school.”

“Is T’Pol not driving them?”

“Yeah, but I want to have breakfast and ride along. They’re a little nervous. They’ve never been to a fancy private school before.”

Spock’s hand stilled. “You sound as if you wish you could join them.”

“I never got to go to school,” Jim admitted quietly, feeling strangely vulnerable even though Spock must surely be aware that he didn’t have any formal education. He read as much as he possibly could, but the orphanage hadn’t sent them to school, and the years since had all been about survival and taking care of Tom and Kevin.

Long Vulcan fingers stroked the skin of his stomach. “I regret that you have had so few opportunities.”

“At least it’ll be different for Tom and Kevin. And now I have your amazing library. It’s going to take me a long time to work through everything in there.”

“If there are more books you wish for, Jim, you have only to ask. I cannot rewrite your past, but I would give you anything that was in my power.”

It wasn’t the first time the Vulcan had expressed similar sentiments, but it still amazed Jim that he had someone in his life who said things like that—and meant it. He turned in Spock’s arms to kiss him, languid and slow. Spock pulled him closer, their bodies flush together, and Jim could feel the hard length of his cock.

“I want you,” Spock murmured.

“I'm aware,” Jim replied, pushing Spock’s shoulder so that he was lying on his back. Dark eyes tracked Jim as he shifted down the Vulcan’s body, pulling down his pajama pants to release the long green cock. Jim kept his eyes locked with Spock’s as he licked a stripe up the underside. Spock shuddered slightly, eyes darkening with lust as Jim wrapped his lips around the head, teasing with his tongue.

“Jim,” Spock whispered, reverent. Pleasure coursed into him through their bond as he sunk down, taking all of Spock in his mouth. Spock’s eyes stayed locked on him as he bobbed up and down, swirling with his tongue, hollowing out his cheeks. He wrapped a hand around the base, twisting in time with the movements of his mouth. He knew precisely how to please the Vulcan—had known it even before he could literally feel how good it was for Spock through their telepathic link.

It didn't take long until Spock was coming in his mouth with a low moan. Jim sucked him through it, keeping his eyes locked with Spock's.

“You are perfection,” Spock whispered.

Jim smiled and slowly disengaged, kissing the head before pulling away and standing up, relishing the way Spock’s eyes still followed him.

“Will you be here when I get back from dropping off the kids?”

“No. I will be gone much of the day. I am arbitrating a disagreement between the Klingons and the Romulans.”

Jim paused in pulling on his pants and blinked at Spock. The Vulcan rarely mentioned any of the specifics of what he did—and while Jim knew the House of Surak was the most powerful extralegal force in the city, he didn’t know Spock had that much power over the House of Kahless or the House of Karzan. “I didn’t know you dealt with disagreements between them…”

“They recognize the supremacy of the House of Surak. In any case, any agreement they came to would not be valid without my approval.”

“What are they arguing over?” Jim asked before he could think better of it.

“Territory. There is a manufacturing center run by the Romulans that primarily employs Klingons. The Klingons therefore believe it should belong to them. The Romulans disagree.”

“And what do you think?”

“Neither is being completely unreasonable.”

“So, you’re looking for a compromise.”

Spock’s eyes gleamed with something like satisfaction. “Precisely. There is something else at play, however. A new group has arrived from Romulus. I must be certain they understand that there are limits to how much power they will have here.”

Jim nodded, a little surprised—and frankly wary—that Spock was sharing all this. But the most important thing on his mind was: “Be careful.”

The corner of Spock’s mouth tilted upward in a small smile. “Are you worried for me?”

Jim blushed and finished pulling on his pants. “Maybe.”

“This pleases me.”

“Mm and here I thought me sucking you off pleased you.”

“It did,” Spock replied, standing and coming to cup Jim’s face in his hands, his thumb running across Jim’s cheekbone. “I wish I could take you back to bed.”

Jim chuckled. “Spock, we just—”

The Vulcan cut him off with a deep, toe-curling kiss, which Jim decided was way more important than further discussion.

***

When Spock finally arrived home, it was already late. Amanda told him that Jim was putting the children to bed, so he went to their room to see Jim lying between them, reading a story. He paused in the doorway to enjoy the sight of his beautiful bondmate and the children he had taken responsibility for—children who were now Spock’s responsibility as well.

“Hey,” Jim said, flashing him a smile.

“Good evening. How was your first day?” he asked the children.

“It was good, though nobody believed that I live with Vulcans,” Tom replied. “It doesn’t matter though. I like living here.”

“Me too,” Kevin chimed in.

Spock was inordinately pleased by this pronouncement. He knew how important the children were to Jim; their approval meant a great deal.

“I’m glad,” Jim said, squeezing them. It struck Spock that Jim had so often been on edge, on guard, that it was a rare and pleasant sight to see him so relaxed.

“Spock, can you stay for the rest of the story?” Kevin asked.

“Of course,” Spock replied. He sat in the chair beside the bed as Jim read, letting Jim's contentment wash over him through the bond. After the story, Jim kissed them each goodnight, and Spock granted Kev’s request for a goodnight hug. Then they slipped out and down the hall to their bedroom, Jim’s hand reaching over to tangle with his, the touch sending a thrill of sensation through him.

“I’m glad you’re back,” Jim said quietly. “Did it go okay?”

“Yes. Were you worried?” Spock asked, somewhat amused.

“Well…” Jim’s gaze dropped. “I was paying attention through the bond just in case. I figured I’d feel it if something went wrong.”

The words delighted him—not merely that Jim was concerned for him, but that he was actively using the bond to monitor Spock’s wellbeing.

“You like that, don’t you?” Jim asked, voice dropping to a more playful register. “You like it when I use our bond.”

“I do,” Spock confirmed, reaching out to wrap his arms around Jim and reel him in. “It gives me great pleasure.”

“Mmm speaking of pleasure...”

Spock’s hand reached around to squeeze Jim’s ass, driving a soft moan from the human. “Fuck, Spock…”

“That is my intention.”

Jim laughed and kissed him.