Actions

Work Header

The Winter's Disgrace

Summary:

Hermione traveled to 1943 after a curse hit her timeturner.
Wanting to finalize her education at Hogwarts she ended in the same year as Tom Riddle -Who unluckily for her decided to open the Chamber one more time, petrifying another kid and closing the school for three month.
Now the two of them have to live in Wools Orphanage.

Notes:

@iam0kaywiththis is my beta and we must kneel for her.

I had change some historical moments for giving more drama to this history.
(Yeah, they are gonna be bombarded)

Daily Tomione Prompt N°10/12/13/14/15/16/17/19/20

Chapter Text

N°13. "There's only one bed"

N°15. "Monster"

 


 

"There's only one bed." Hermione's voice resonated in the tiny room. A bed, a wardrobe, a table, a chair, a window and a broken radiator. Nothing else, a room all for one.

"Well…" Mrs. Cole started while entering the room. She grabbed the pillow that rested on the bed and the coverlet that was seated at the feet of it. Then she threw them next to the broken radiator, at the floor. "Problem solved. Riddle, explain to the girl how we work here and the weekly affair -she's going with you, under your supervision. I need to leave, I left the babies alone."

The woman disappeared in the corridor, Riddle just nodding while entering to his room and opening his baggage, accommodating his things with wandless magic as he went for his pillow and coverlet to put them in place.

Impressive.

Hermione was still standing in the door, thinking how she ended here.

Everything because of the man in front of her.

 


 

Really, it was him that created the Death Eaters. Same death eaters that hitted her time turner with some curse and made her go back to 1943.

He decided to open the chamber of secrets one more time -in his last year and ended up petrifying another kid- thing that put the authorities on alert which decided to close the school all December, January and February to investigate.

Hermione had been trying her best to avoid him since the first of September when she arrived at Hogwarts, but it looks like all her efforts were going to trash. And as another kid without parents or tutors, Headmaster Dippet offered (order) her to come with Riddle to Wool's orphanage.

They haven't exchanged a word since they were informed about it. The Slytherin wagon completely silenced from the moment she put her feet inside. Thoros Nott helping her with her luggage while Abraxas Malfoy offered her to sit and some sweets.

When they arrived at the station at 21.30, Riddle closed his book, grabbed both luggages and got out without even saying goodbye to his classmates.

Once they were in the Muggle station, he turned around to look at her -assuring that she was following him -before walking outside. 

London in the 40's was a completely different vibe, she could see that the city had been hit by war and that modernity was still far away.

A taxi driver was putting away their trunks while Tom was waiting with the door opened for her to enter.

"To Wool's Orphanage between Fairylands Ave and Grove Rd, please" That was the first thing Hermione heard him say.

 


 

And now she was stuck here with him. 

Tom was the only one that had his own room and them returning together was enough for Mrs. Cole to make them share the same bedroom, in an Orphanage that was almost exploding with how full it was.

'Who would have expected that an orphanage was filled in the middle of a war? Not Dippet.'

That first night was the weirdest, both having gone to Hogwarts but never exchanged a word during those three months -so now deciding how they were going to sleep was strange. Once they had accommodated their things and Hermione was ubicate between the wall and the man next to her, he decided to speak about what Mrs. Cole had said before.

"We will wake up tomorrow at 4:30. Breakfast it's at 4:45, fifteen minutes to change and go to the toilet if you need it. We are leaving to the factory at 5:00 to arrive there at 6:00. Unluckily for you, I'm in the metallurgy area. Just make sure to not touch the molten steel and try your best to stay away from the ovens." He stopped just for a second, turning a little to make sure she was listening. Then he returned to look at the wall in front of him.

"We return at 16:00, sometimes 15:30 in the afternoon -that depends on the day. Dinner is served from 19:30 until 21:00, I take a shower at 20:00 and then go to sleep. I recommend you to do the same if you want to stay awake the next day." He ended, showing her his huge back.

'Did the monster that tormented her best friend all his life and herself, just give her advice?'

She must be more tired than what she expected or maybe hallucinating, for sure. It didn't take long to fall asleep after she agreed with his 'conditions' so it was probably the first.

Sleeping with Tom Riddle was…. Nice.

His body was big and warm, perfectly for the winter in the cold room. 

'Did he even enter in this bed alone?'

Throughout all her stay, Hermione would wake up with his arms wrapping and squeezing her, most of her body over his -and she was pretty thin- so one could imagine how big the bed was.

It didn't matter how uncomfortable the situation was, both of them preferred it rather than sleeping in the floor or outside.

 


 

Tom Riddle didn't like girls. Or boys.

People in general, they were disgusting.

So having erections because this witch was sleeping and moving over him made him hate her. She didn't want to sleep on the floor and he less, so now he had to deal with the little minx all night until they returned to Hogwarts. He miscalculated the problem of opening the chamber one more time and now he had to confront the consequences. They will always go to sleep back to back, Hermione flattened against the wall and Tom in the border of the bed. But when he opens his eyes at 4 a.m, he will always find out that during the night, he took her and situated her over him. Her warm body waking sensations that he had always suppressed. 

 

He wanted to fuck her and kill her.

In that order, preferably.

 

Hermione was completely oblivious about Tom's little problems. The moment her head hit the pillow, she would fall asleep and wouldn't wake until he left the bed at 4.30 -leaving for him those thirty minutes to calm down himself- working in the factory would take all her energy so after dinner and shower she would pass out in the bed.

Turns out Tom knew a lot about weapons.

If she didn't get it wrong Tom had worked in the metallurgy all his summers since the conflict started in 1939. Due to the war and their status as "protected by the State" all the children of the orphanage had to 'collaborate' during their free periods as a form of contribution to society during 'hard times'. Some went to factories, others to the hospitals and those that were seventeen and weren't studying were enlist.

Since his first time, he passed through all the phases, from proving the guns to creating the parts. Riffles, revolvers, bullets, everything.

Hermione was put in charge of assembling the parts once they were cool. Assecuring the proper functioning and embed of each part.

Tom hated being near the ovens, but nobody -not even him- could not deny he was fucking amazing with it. The white shirt rolled up, clung to his muscles with perspiration. The brown beret held on miraculously in his head and his filson trousers were held by the straps that ran down his strong shoulders and back. The black boots stepped on the spilled water for cooling. He would walk from the melting cauldron with a shovel, pick some of the molten metal and then throw it to the molds -the weight and heat making him sweat and wetting his shirt until he had to take it off, showing a tank shirt that let his naked arms and marked all his muscles.

 

Lord Voldemort was hot, Hermione couldn't lie.

 

The monster was handsome as hell and seeing him work as a peasant human was giving her an incomparable pleasure and satisfaction that she would spend all her time observing him. 

No other reason, just that.