Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Multifandom Drabble 2021 - Round 1
Stats:
Published:
2021-05-30
Words:
200
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
10
Kudos:
35
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
457

Open for Business

Summary:

This was not the way Janet expected the first day to go.

Notes:

Work Text:

Janet pulls out of the kiss, her heart pounding, hard. "I told myself I wasn't going to do this. Again."

Gerald's breath is coming fast, too. "I know! It's just with the new business, and—"

"—working together so closely—"

"—planning and—"

"—setting up the studio." Gerald steps back, rubbing the back of his head. "But..."

Janet chases forward. "But what?"

"I said yes to running the studio with you because maybe I—"

Janet opens her mouth—

A throat clears behind them. "You wanted this to happen?" It's Chelsea, arms crossed, mouth pursed in a disappointed line.

Janet jumps back. "Oh my god! Oh my god, Chelsea, it's not what it--"

"—totally not, I mean, um, ew—" Gerald laughs guiltily and Janet throws him a look. Ew?

Chelsea lets the door swing shut behind her, and takes several decisive steps toward them. "Babe. I can't believe you did this. To us."

Gerald cringes. "Babe, I should have—"

"Yeah, you should have." Chelsea gets right into the space between Gerald and Janet. "You should have waited for me.

Chelsea's hand snakes out to pull Janet into a searing kiss. Whoa. This was... not the way Janet expected the first day to go.