Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
miraculous ladybug stories
Stats:
Published:
2021-03-23
Updated:
2023-09-02
Words:
14,634
Chapters:
6/7
Comments:
59
Kudos:
279
Bookmarks:
51
Hits:
7,163

Spiritual Interference [Being Rewritten]

Chapter 4: Farewell, Paris

Summary:

A farewell from home, and some potential plans for an exposé.

Notes:

Apologies for the late chapter.

Originally, the upcoming chapter 5 was the intended chapter 4.

But after several rewrites and re-reads, I realised that there were several plot holes and that the original chapter 4 was way too long and had way too many elements in a single chapter. So it was split into two.

The artwork I intended to use for the original chapter 4 will be used in chapter 5.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

It was the day of the trip. The students were at the entrance of the airport with their parents, already with their packed bags and luggages. The Teachers were there too, doing a headcount of the students while Principal Damocles kept track of when to enter the airport.

 

Marinette was with her parents, having a conversation about how she’ll be safe and not to worry about her too much.

 

“Stay safe, Marinette.” Sabine gave her daughter a hug.

 

“And if Lila or anyone causes any trouble to you, ” Tom added, also giving his daughter a hug.

 

“Will do. I’m sure this will be a great trip!” Marinette assured her parents, though she was worried that Hawkmoth might attack Paris while she was gone. She hasn’t really gotten the chance to talk to Chat Noir yet about it, but all she could do was hope. But at the same time, she felt free to have a period of time where she could simply just relax and do her own thing without having to worry about Hawkmoth or any akuma attacks.

 

Luckily for her, or not depending on her situation, Hawkmoth seemed to have other plans.




When Adrien told Gabriel about the trip, Gabriel was reluctant to let Adrien go. 

 

Adrien was dejected about Gabriel’s choice, as he wanted to travel with his friends and classmates, barring Lila.

 

But to Adrien’s surprise, Gabriel allowed him to go, but on one condition.

 

“ Nathalie and I will be coming along as well. Mainly for work purposes.” Gabriel explained coldly.

 

This was enough to perk Adrien up, and he spent the weekend preparing his luggage and bags for it.

 

Though he did slip up a few times about how the country he was headed to had spirits, though to him, it seemed like Gabriel didn’t mind it at all.

 

Unfortunately for him, it seemed that Gabriel was intrigued by the spirits he mentioned. Nathalie did a bit of research, but was unable to find out anything about those spirits. But it only made him more intrigued. 

 

“Perhaps those spirits can be controlled…maybe then I would be able to get Ladybug and Chat Noir’s miraculous.” Gabriel thought to himself.




Chloé had her father and half-sister there with her. It was a surprise to the other students that both Chloé and Zoé weren’t arguing, perhaps something transpired between them? Who knows?

 

Zoé’s belongings were simple. A medium sized sling bag over her shoulders and her trusty luggage that she used when she moved from New York to Paris.

 

Chloé on the other hand had a lot. Though it was surprisingly not as much from what was expected of Chloé. Her bag was carried by her butler, who was also somehow going on the trip too. Her butler, Jean as she calls him, was carrying one yellow bag that was filled with all sorts of things. From make-up to accessories and all that stuff. Chloe also had one luggage. A bee themed one.

 

The family was having a conversation that mainly revolved around how Chloé kindly asked her father to ensure that money was transferred to her credit card monthly. Zoé somehow convinced her to not have it be weekly, and it seems that both of the sisters’ father put his foot down and got them all to a fair agreement.




Lila was by herself, her mother wasn’t anywhere in sight.



"Hey Lila, where are your parents?" Rosé asked, seeing that Lila was by herself. "Don't your parents want to say goodbye to you before you leave?"

 

"Oh uhhh…" Lila hesitated, getting surprised by the sudden question. "My mom is busy with work. You know, being a diplomat and all." 

 

"Ah, I see." Rosé answered, wondering why Lila was so taken aback by the question.

 

Lila breathed a sigh of relief. She didn’t want any of her classmates to potentially spill about any of her lies to her mother, who would surely be confused by it and expose her lies.

 

She’s already moved several times from place to place after convincing her mother to move due to her lies being exposed. But Lila managed to outsmart them and move away before she could face any consequences.



“Attention students! We will be going in soon! Get ready!” Principal Damocles announced to the students and teachers.

 

Everyone said their final goodbyes and hugs before separating.

 


 

Everyone was gathered at the airport at around 7pm, at the waiting area near the gates, patiently waiting for their 8.30pm flight.

 

It was a peaceful waiting time, with nothing bad happening.

 

Adrien was looking out of the window and into the starry night sky. Chloé soon joined him.

 

“Still upset about the High Road advice, Adrien?” Chloé spoke.

 

“Yeah. I wished I knew sooner that Lila threatened Marinette, maybe then I would not have made that deal with the devil.” Adrien sulked.

 

“Look, Adrien, it’s not your fault. Okay it is your fault for giving that advice but I can see where you’re coming from. But sometimes the high road won’t work for people like Rossi.” Chloé explained, comforting her childhood friend. “Besides, I hate that lying snake. Sure, I did bully Dupain-Cheng and ruined my chances at being Queen Bee, but I don’t stoop to Rossi’s level. Just this once, it’s a truce to get rid of her.”

 

"Wow. So you do care about Marinette. That's surprising." Adrien said, looking at Chloé.

 

"Huh?! No I don't! I could care less about Dupain-Cheng!" Chloe answered, realizing what she said.



Unbeknownst to them, Marinette overheard their conversation.



The bluenette smiled.

 


 

“Attention all passengers boarding flight DA1521, please head to terminal 2E.” Came a voice from the announcement speaker

 

Upon the flight’s arrival, the group moved towards the respective terminal and waited for their turn to board the plane.

 

“Please seat at your assigned seats that are stated on your tickets!” Ms. Mendeleiev ordered the students.



As everyone boarded the plane and went to their assigned seats, Lila wasn’t content with the arrangement.

 

“Excuse me, Mme. Bustier! I was wondering if I could change my seat. Perhaps somewhere next to Adrien’s?” Lila asked, hoping her teacher would allow her to sit next to Adrien.    

 

“And why is that Lila? What’s wrong with the seat you are currently assigned with?” Mme. Bustier inquired, suspicious of the sudden request.

 

“I get airsick sometimes, so I could really use a window seat! Looking out the window makes me feel better.” Lila answered, hoping her teacher would take the bait.

 

“I understand Lila!” Mme. Bustier motioned to Mireille. “Mireille, could you offer your seat up for Lila?”

 

Lila was taken aback. That wasn’t the response she expected.

 

“Sure, Mme. Bustier!” Mireille got off from her seat, which was a window seat, and motioned for Lila to go in and sit. “Here you go, Lila!”

 

Lila, not wanting to make a fool out of herself, begrudgingly went to the offered seat.

 

“Thank you, Mireille.” Lila spoke in an overly sweet tone that was laced with anger.

 

Lila could only grumble as she sat at her new seat, not realising that her seat was now the furthest from Adrien’s. Her previous one was behind Nino’s, who was sitting next to Adrien.

 

Chloé could only snicker as she saw the whole thing go down.

 

“Seems like Mme. Bustier might have done the best option unintentionally.” Chloé commented with a smirk on her face.

 

“I am simply glad that she is away from Adrien.” Kagami commented, causing Chloé to look at her.

 

“Oh. I forgot that you two are sitting here with me.” The heiress snarked.

 

“Well, we were assigned these seats. So we can’t really complain much.” Marinette added.



“Can’t believe I have to spend the next 16 hours with you two. But at least it’s much better than having to sit with Rossi.” Chloé crossed her arms. She really wanted to sit with Sabrina.

 

“Well, why don’t we talk about something? Maybe that way we can pass the time faster.”

 

“Any particular topic?” Kagami asked.

 

“How about potential exposé plans for Rossi? That girl has gone way too far with her actions and lies.” Chloé examined her nails before looking at the two.

 

“We could get help from the students from the Academy, but I doubt they would help us without any concrete proof. I think Phoebe might be willing to, since Lila rudely ended the meeting she had with us.” Kagami explained. 

 

“I don’t think this is Lila’s first time doing this. I think if the exposé group can gather this evidence, we can present it to them and they might help us. But some of them may dislike getting into such drama though.” Marinette added on to Kagami’s explanation.

 

“You both have a fair point. But there must be some way we can convince people that Rossi is lying." Chloé agreed.

 

“Hmmm...Why don't we think about this later? We should get some sleep for tomorrow." Kagami said, ending the brainstorming of their future plans.

 

Marinette yawned. "Sounds great. Good night guys." 

 

“Good night, Dupain-Cheng and Tsurugi.”

 

“Good night, you both.”

 

As everyone eventually closed their eyes and slept, the plane continued flying to its expected destination. The engine’s noises didn’t affect any of their sleep, allowing for a peaceful rest throughout the journey.

 

As the plane flew, a cold breeze was felt by everyone. 



Must be the air-conditioning of the plane.

Notes:

Thank you all for being patient with this story and it’s often month long publishes.

Chapter 5 will be up in a week’s time.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a great day!