Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
miraculous ladybug stories
Stats:
Published:
2021-03-23
Updated:
2023-09-02
Words:
14,634
Chapters:
6/7
Comments:
59
Kudos:
279
Bookmarks:
51
Hits:
7,163

Spiritual Interference [Being Rewritten]

Summary:

[Former title: A (Not) Simple Normal Trip]

[Status: Indefinite Hiatus, Rewrite in Progress]

A Simple Trip was what Marinette was looking forward to. At least she knows Paris will be safe while she’s away on the normal trip, even though Hawkmoth’s active in the country she’s going to.

Lila never learns does she? She soon starts sprouting lies to make herself known while disgracing her enemies. However, she goes too far and attracts the attention of people whom aren’t too happy with her lies.

Notes:

This is my first Miraculous Ladybug Fanfic, hope you enjoy reading it!

Updates:
Changed the story’s name and summary
Former title was “A (Not) Simple and Normal Trip”

Chapter 1: Announcement

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Marinette sat in her seat while waiting for class to start. It was like any other day for Marinette. Most of her classmates were standing next to Lila, listening to her ridiculous lies she told of herself. She often lies about how she has many connections to people such as Jagged Stone and any other famous people you could think of. Marinette internally groaned as she got ready for class. She looked at her classmates that weren’t fawning over Lila.

Chloe was at her seat examining her nails while Sabrina helped her sort out her nail polish collection. Chloe seemed to be in a somewhat good mood, which was rare after the Miracle Queen Incident. Marinette wanted to try and reason with her as Ladybug and help her understand that the reason did not get the Bee Miraculous was because she didn’t want to endanger Chloe’s family. Unfortunately, Chloe did not seem to realise this and accepted Hawkmoth’s offer. Ladybug kicked her off the team for her betrayal.

Nathaniel was drawing, as usual. In fact, he was working on the new comic issue he and Marc had been doing for the past month. He didn’t really care about Lila’s ridiculous lies and kept to himself in his seat while his classmates fawned over Lila and how she has such amazing connections and all of her great deeds. After Lila spread some false rumours about Marinette and had most of their classmates turn on her, he chose to stick with Marinette and believe her instead of Lila’s lies. He knew the kind of person Marinette was; kind, sweet, helpful and a little clumsy at times. She’s not that kind of person to suddenly bully the new student in class out of spite or jealousy. Although they might not show their friendship in class, both Marinette and Nathaniel are great friends.

Juleka, Rose and Alix were talking to each other about recent topics. They laughed and enjoyed themselves. They too didn’t care about Lila’s lies, though they did believe her lies at first, being wow-ed right and left by her honest connections before both Nathaniel, Aurore and Kagami had to sit them down and drill that fact into their brains, figure of speech. Luckily they realised Lila’s lies and refused to believe anymore of it, though Rose took a much longer time to understand. She didn’t want to believe that Lila, a person who was kind, helpful and overall an amazing person, was a liar who lied about her connections and spread false rumours about the bluenette. Rose eventually understood and stopped caring about Lila, in a “Friendship” way that is. Though the bluenette and redhead had to remind her whenever Lila fakes an injury.

She took out her sketchbook which had outfit designs for Clara Nightingale and Jagged Stone. She continued her sketches while waiting for Miss. Bustier to arrive. Usually, she would go to the courtyard and have a talk with Kagami and Aurore about stuff. However, both of them had to start class early as Ms. Mendeleiev wanted to teach them more about their current topic. Marinette soon felt her phone vibrate and took it out. It was a message from Aurore.

Aurore: Guys! I have some great news!

Nathaniel: What is it Aurore?

Aurore: Ms. Mendeleiev accidentally slipped out that 2 of the classes in Françoise Dupont would go for an Overseas Trip to another country for a year!

Marinette: Did she say which class would be going?

Aurore: No. But she did say that Mr. Damocles will announce it to the 2 chosen classes at 9am.

Alix: What country will the class be going to?

Aurore: It is unknown, but Ms. Mendeleiev said it would be an Asian country.

Nathaniel: I really hope it’s Japan! I’m hoping to meet a well-known Mangaka.

Aurore: Or it could be South Korea!

Marc: We’ll find out soon.

Aurore: We’ll talk about this during recess okay? Ms. Mendeleiev will be coming back from the staff room soon and I don’t wanna get grilled for using my phone during class.

Marinette: Sounds good.

Marinette put her phone away as Miss. Bustier entered the classroom. Everyone went back to their seats and sat down. Marinette kept her sketchbook and got her learning tablet ready. She silently sighed as she was ready to handle the glares, bullying and what not.

“Good morning class. Today Mr. Damocles will be having a talk with you.” Miss. Bustier spoke as she smiled at her class.

Marinette perked up at what Miss. Bustier said. She checked the time using her learning tablet. It was 9am.

“Could it be?” Marinette thought.

After a minute, Mr. Damocles entered the classroom and stood at the front of the classroom.

“Greetings Class.” Mr. Damocles greeted the class and the Akuma Class greeted back. “I have an announcement to make.”

The class got excited. They wondered what the announcement would be. Lila on the other hand smirked, hoping that her lies would have reached Mr. Damocles and that he would humiliate Marinette before expelling the bluenette.

“I know the New York Trip was fairly recent, but I have decided for you all to go on a one year Learning Trip. The School we will be working with is Everest Secondary School.” Mr. Damocles announced as he looked at the class.

Most of the class became excited. They started to talk with each other on where the trip would be going.

“The trip will begin this Friday. You will be given forms that must be given latest by Wednesday.” Mr. Damocles explained. “Those who want to go for the trip will have to pay a fee of $200. Miss. Bustier will hand out the forms and explain in further detail as I have to attend other matters.”

Mr. Damocles left the classroom as Miss. Bustier handed the forms around. Once everyone got their forms, they took a read of the paragraphs.

“Dear Françoise Dupont Students, we are pleased to inform you that you’ve been selected for a full year school trip to the school, Everest Secondary School. There, you will be learning about many things, such as the country’s culture, history and more.

For starters, most of the fees have been paid off by Françoise Dupont and Everest Secondary. This includes the Hotel reservation, school fees and other things. The $200 fee is the total cost needed to purchase books and other necessary items. Do note that the total price has been subsidised thanks to the Government and very willing donors from our Alumni. Caution: If you lose any of the necessary items, you will be required to buy it again at the original price.

The Hotel you will be staying at is the Fallweather Hotel, owned by Mr. Yún Fallweather. It was recommended by many of our students for it’s high quality service and that it’s one of the Hotels located near the school. Though you still will be taking a bus to reach the school.

More information will be provided once you reach the school. We will be looking forward to your visit.

Yours Sincerely,
Principal Adelina and the School Faculty”

Lila was the first to finish reading. She gritted her teeth as she read every line. She read the sentences over and over, hoping to find a single information that wasn’t specific. She could have lied about how she was the one who recommended the hotel if they didn’t specify that it was, and she quotes, “It was recommended by many of our students”. But Lila didn’t give up yet, she knew there would be opportunities for her to spin some new lies to get more attention from her gullible classmates and hopefully students from Everest Secondary.

Once everyone finished reading, Miss. Bustier spoke up.

“Alright class, now that you’ve all read the form, it is mandatory that you all sign the form and indicate whether you’ll be going for the trip or not.” Miss. Bustier explained. “For those who wish to go, please prepare an envelope with $200 inside and pass it along with the form when I collect them tomorrow.”

~~~~~~

The bell rang, signalling recess time.

The Akuma Class exited the class and went their separate ways. Most of the class went to the cafeteria while Marinette, Nathaniel and Alix went to the courtyard. Adrien went to the bathroom while Juleka and Rose went somewhere, probably the cafeteria and Chloe stayed in class with Sabrina.

Marinette was talking to her friends while eating some macarons her parents made for her. Her parents also made some special macarons for her friends, which they were eating. Marinette’s friends each had a box of 6 macarons and had special flavours.

“This is the best macarons I’ve eaten!” Aurore happily said as she ate another of her blueberry macarons. “I should order these for Mireille’s next birthday!”

“I’m glad you like it Aurore.” Marinette smiled as she finished the second-last macaron.

“So as it turns out, our class was chosen for the trip!” Alix exclaimed as she took a bite out of her Strawberry and Raspberry macaron.

“Ours too!” Aurore jumped in, almost dropping her box of blueberry macarons. “I just hope Lila won’t come along.”

“I hope so too.” Marinette continued, sighing as she ate her vanilla macaron. “But knowing her, she’ll probably come along too. There’s no way she would not go for a full-year trip. Or if I can’t go, she’ll simply stay behind and torment me.”

“Don’t worry Marinette. We’ll make sure she won’t.” Kagami comforted her friend and offered her one of her dark chocolate macarons, which Marinette politely declined.

“Say Nathaniel, where’s your pixie friend?” Aurore asked him as she chuckled a little.

“He’s in the art room, he said he wanted to do something real quick.” Nathaniel answered. “Also, pixie?”

“He looks like one to me.” Aurore chuckled more and nudged his shoulder to show she was joking.

The group of friends chatted and chuckled as they ate their macarons in delight. They cleaned up and continued chatting until the bell rang, signalling the end of recess. They went their separate ways, walking back to their classroom. Marinette walked into the classroom and sat at her seat and waited for school to end.

~~~~~~

After what seemed like forever, school ended. Marinette packed her things, stood up and left the classroom but not before saying goodbye to her friends. She ran back home, form in hand, excited to tell her parents about the trip. When she entered the bakery, she saw a few people she recognised.

“Uncle Jagged? Aunt Penny? What are you doing here?” Marinette asked, closing the door behind her.

“There’s my honorary niece! Penny and I are here to purchase a cake for our upcoming anniversary.” Jagged responded enthusiastically.

“How was school today dear?” Sabine asked her daughter.

“It was average. Nothing bad happened. But I did receive this form.” The bluenette handed the form she was holding to her mother, who took a read. “I was wondering if I could go for the trip.”

“$200? That’s quite expensive, even after the subsidies given.” Sabine was saddened a little and looked at her husband. They saw that Marinette was eager to go.

“It’s okay mom and dad.” Marinette spoke, walking up to her parents with a smile, but Sabine saw that her daughter was upset.

“No worries! We’ll pay for it and any travel things you need!” Jagged Stone suddenly spoke up, scaring everyone but Penny slightly.

“We’ll also ship anything you want during the trip.” Penny added.

“You shouldn’t Uncle Jagged!” Marinette shuttered a little.

“I should my niece. I don’t want you to miss out on any fun on the trip!” Jagged Stone looked at Marinette. She knew she wouldn’t be able to convince her honorary uncle that he didn’t have to pay for the trip fees and the travel things. But she accepted it.

“Thank you very much Uncle Jagged!” Marinette smiled and hugged her honorary uncle and aunt.

“Let’s not waste any more time.” Penny looked at Sabine and Tom. “Why don’t we all go together to a place where we can buy the needed things?”

“Sounds good to me!” Tom replied.

Marinette smiled at everyone in the bakery. She was very thankful for her aunt and uncle’s generosity.

Notes:

Thank you for reading the first chapter!
I’ll try to post the next chapter soon!