Actions

Work Header

"You're A Cute Human" (Hiatus)

Chapter 6: VI

Summary:

Hera informs Olympus she will be staying in the mortal realm for now.

Chapter Text

“Hera…?”

Hera grumbled and held Electra tighter trying to fall back asleep. Electra let out a nervous giggle and continued to watch the Goddess. “Don’t… touch her...I’ll protect you...” Hera murmured.

“Hera.” Electra called again.

Hera still didn’t respond but did stir a bit feeling Electra squirm in her hold. Finally, Electra did the only thing she could think of. She leaned forward and tapped her cheek before giving it a small kiss. Hera’s eyes finally opened. Her vision was blurred but once she could see, she noticed Electra’s face a few inches away from her own. The goddess let her go and squirmed back. Her cheeks flushed bright pink causing Electra to giggle again. “You mortals sleep so often. How do you live with the visions you receive at night?”

“Do Gods need sleep?” Electra cocked her head as she asked.

“No. We may sleep but don’t need it like mortals do. I wondered how it might feel...”

Electra never knew Hera would ever be this flustered. She was always in control of her emotions but this morning. She was bright pink and too embarrassed to look at the human.

“Anyway, you must be hungry. I’ll leave you to your servant and go handle some business of my own. I’ll continue to watch over you in the meantime. Have a wonderful meal.” Hera planted a kiss on Electra’s forehead before teleporting away with purple left behind.

-

Hera came back to Olympus fully clothed to her post. The ravens caw delighted by her return. She gave a small smile to the flock of birds but her smile vanished noticing Hermes dash towards her. Hera straightened up as Hermes slowed down and stood in front of her. “Hera, where have you been? Many prayers have not been answered on your end.”. Hera scoffed and walked past him. “That’s why I’m here now.”

They both walked over to where a crowd of Gods were murmuring amongst themselves. Most likely about Hera. As they walked closer, Hera realized it was a discussion about Hera and Zeus. “I’m no longer staying at Olympus.” Hera’s voice cut through the crowd. Everyone grew silent and parted the way for Zeus. Zeus took long strides towards Hera and without hesitation, gave her a deep kiss on the lips. Hera’s eyes flashed purple. With all the rage she felt in that moment, she smacked Zeus across to a wall. His body hit the wall hard. It cracked upward from the force. “HOW DARE YOU! I never want your filthy body to touch mine ever again!” Hera’s voice boomed over the crowd.

Zeus stood and flexed some muscles to shake off the blow. In all, he wasn’t hurt. He just sighed disappointed his attempts to be nice didn’t work. “Hera, you’re making a mistake. No human will ever satisfy you the way I can, especially a woman.”

Hera froze and took a step back. He knows about Electra but why did that sting so much? “You hypocrite. It’s okay If you lust for Mortals but when I do because I want to get away from you I’m in the wrong? I think the almighty ruler is jealous.” Hera gritted her teeth.

“Why would I be jealous? If you were the most beautiful woman I wouldn’t hav-”

All the Gods stare blankly and Zeus. Zeus just stood there with his mouth shut regretting almost finishing that statement. “I didn’t mean that...”

“YOU DID! That’s another reason I’m going to leave you. Obviously lying has gone to your head because I’m way too beautiful for anyone to discard.”

“Why would you ever want a woman? I am only the only one who can bring you pleasure, truly satisfy you.”

“Besides the fact that you keep abandoning me for someone new? This Mortal has more of a heart than you ever will! As for her being a Woman. I see nothing wrong with that. Besides, I’m a Goddess. I make the rules.” Hera laughed cold and forced. The other gods just watched this all go down and didn’t say anything to interrupt. Not another war… many muttered in the crowd.

“As I was saying, I’m going to answer prayers in the Mortal realm. I’ll catch up on my share. However, I demand that no one come look for me. Respect my wishes and I will respect your lives. Zeus, you will not come near my Human. If you do much as look at her, I will destroy you. I have the power, don’t underestimate me.” Hera stared daggers at the God. “The same goes for my PREGNANT human.” Zeus blurted out.

The ground under Hera cracked. Her eyes watered at the news. With a shaky inhale, she continued “As Long as I never cross paths with her, she won't be harmed.”. With a flex of her fingers, Hera teleported away.

-

Electra placed her now empty plate down. She inhaled, exhaled and watched the world change in front of her eyes. Sobbing and the feel of arms wrapping around her waist startled her but she could feel it was Hera. “P-Please, don’t look at me. May I just hold you?”

“Yes.” Electra spoke. Hera took a few shuddering breaths to calm herself down. Electra let her kiss her throat a few times. They didn’t leave the spot. They just stood in silence.