Actions

Work Header

Alan's Dinosaurs

Summary:

Alan Grant famous paleontologist and dinosaur expert was the best in the field. That was five years ago and then all that changed when a crate somehow fell off a passing truck onto the dig site. Now five years later Grant has turned from paleontologist to animal wrangler? Oh boy what has the world come to.

Notes:

(Originally Posted on Fanfiction.net) I was doing this because the idea popped into my head. Its retarded and its stupid but it just showed up. I was at work when it came up. So here you go folks another WTF idea.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Chapter 1: Prologue

Notes:

It took me a while but i finally figured out how to get the title picture here on Ao3.

Chapter Text

 

 

 

 

 

 

Montana 1988 Five Years before Jurassic Park

 

 

 

And the national weather service said that the storm will make a slow pass over the badlands.....” the weather reporter said over the radio.

 

Already volunteers for the dinosaur dig began to run as fast as they could. Each holding a different material to protect the fossil they were uncovering from the soon to be foul weather.

 

The sound of thunder began to make itself known as they scrambled to cover up their findings. As they did the first drops of rain began to fall. Luckily they managed to cover up the dig site in time. Torrents of rain began to fall and with it the sounds of thunder and the sight of lighting across the badlands. Some of the shows were spectacular to see and because of the rolling hills and mountains. It offered protection against the lightning strikes that flared across the sky.

 

The heavy downpours decimated the site. But the whole time the occupants stayed in their trailers not wanting to come out any time soon.

 

For three long dark days the storm raged as the skies unleashed their fury.

 

When it finally passed the occupants went out to see any damage to the dig site.

 

There was water everywhere! The fossils were in ruins as volunteers came racing around trying to save what they could of the dig. Others tried to see if they can find anything the help get rid of the access water.

 

No one paid attention to the broken crate that laid just off the side of the road.

 

When they did it was several days later.

 

The rancid smell that came from the broken crate is what lured the sites occupants to it. It was a rather large wooden crate with the words FRAGILE across the side. The smelly yellow contents that came leaking out of the crate suggested that it was eggs that were in it.

 

Carefully the volunteers at the dig hoisted the crate onto a table. They were careful about the leaking contents. So they cleaned what they could of the rotting yellow contents. When they opened the broken crate their suspicions were confirmed that it was indeed eggs.

 

But not the kind of eggs they were expecting.

 

 

Though true Montana is mostly open bear country. The roads that cross the badlands in their region were mostly unused. Being as it was a desert region a lot of things rot a bit faster here.

 

This was no different.

 

The difference was that the eggs were rather large Ostrich eggs. Each one marked with a different number and a different colored coding. What they did not understand was how did it end up here at this dig site?

 

Maybe someone dropped it out of their truck when they drove pass? People do that all the time?” one of the volunteers said.

 

 

Why would they color code these eggs for? Is it some sort of experiment?” this time it was the lead scientist who said something.

 

All the volunteers took the broken eggs out of the crate. The ones that were still intact were moved to another location one being that they are warm. The other that they are actually heavier then a normal egg.

 

I bet these are for some sort of Ostrich farm somewhere?” another volunteer said.

 

Who the fuck knows!” a third said.

 

 

Out of all the eggs in the crate which was about twenty something. Only six were still intact. The meaning was that the eggs were in the inner most part of the crate surrounded by the others. As they were put on the side. The volunteers cleaned up the mess of the crate and disposed of the eggs that were destroyed.

 

 

The eggs that were still intact they moved to an area by the window. The window had the most sun so it was also the warmest in the trailer they were placed in. As soon as the eggs were place people had gotten back to work to clean up the mess that was their dig site.

 

It was not till night fall that the owner of the trailer stepped in. Dressed in dirty clothes the lead scientist dusted himself off before heading towards the shower. When he came out clean once again he made his way up to the box with the eggs inside.

 

Now why the hell would they want me to keep them here?” he asked.

 

Then he shrugged knowing his students they wanted him to keep them until they hatched.

 

Then what?

 

Donate them to a zoo?

 

He thought it was ridiculous as he stared at them again.

 

That was when he saw it.

 

Did one of the eggs just moved? He asked himself.

 

 

It turns out that the egg did move. And then another started to move as well. It was not long till all six eggs started to move and make noise. The scientist was startled at the sight of all six eggs starting to move. The peeping sound they made had shown that they were alive and that there was something inside of them. Now when the man looked down at the eggs one of them made a tiny crack as it started to break apart.

 

He quickly moved the box away from the now cold dark sky outside. Taking it to the bed area of his trailer he sat it down so he can see for himself what was being born.

 

The eggs continued to crack and break, but the occupants have yet to make an appearance. He watched as they slowly but surely formed a circle around the egg. He carefully placed the hatching eggs on his bed when they did this. As the first one was finally done breaking the shell the baby hatchling inside started to push the egg shell away.

 

He watched as a dark gray body start to push the egg away from him. Now he has studied fossils and ancient dinosaurs for years but never in his life did he witness the birth of a bird. Many scientists say that many bird species are born without feathers and that it takes time for them to grow. He was not one to argue with them.

 

What he discovered next however would change his life forever...

 

 

 

WHAT THE FUCK!”

 

To be continued

 

Chapter 2: Rosco Where Are you?

Summary:

We meet the cast of Dinosaurs five years later.

Chapter Text

MONTANA 5 YEARS LATER

 

 

 

Rosco! Rosco! Where the hell are you, you over grown lug!” Professor Alan Grant said as he pulled on the rope to the latest animal he has with him.

 

Behind him was a fully grown steer one that he had acquired from a nearby rancher. This rancher has several hundred acres of land that he had purchased near Grant’s own reserve. Ever since five years ago when he acquired his ‘Animals’ he needed a place for them to wonder around freely. When this chunk of land was up for sale he bought it immediately with whatever money he had left.

 

And it was well worth it.

 

ROSCO!” Alan called whistling for the animal he had been calling.

 

The steer behind him bayed in fear as the wind shifted. Alan knew that Rosco was nearby. He quickly released the steer and slapped it on the behind. He watched as the animal moved down the hillside. It looked left then right but still uneasy as it surveyed the grounds it was on. The wind shifted again till nothing allowing the animal to feel a bit calmer.

 

It was a mistake.

 

Suddenly from out of nowhere the ground began to shake as something large approached. The steer bellowed in alarm as it tried to run. Out of the nearby trees a very large form raced out towards the steer. Nine tones of muscle and teeth came crashing through while the poor animal tried to run as fast as it could.

 

Grant watched from his trailer as the steer ran towards him hoping for him to save it.

 

He only closed the hatch to the trailer just as the large animal bit down on the steer. Hoisted it up with it’s large head and shook it with all its might. The animal screamed till one bite and it was nearly torn in half. The back side quickly slipped down the animal’s throat followed by the front. The head had its horns torn off and left on the ground while the head itself was eaten.

 

Alan smiled as the animal finished eating its meal. Seeing the man it approached. Alan showed no fear as it came close and knelt down towards him. Smiling Alan patted the animal on the muzzle.

 

How’s my big lug doing eh?” he said in jest and wrapped his arms around the large muzzle. A deep rumble was his answer as the bloody snout nuzzled gently into Alan.

 

Patting him on the snout Alan pointed to the trees. The animal knew the signal Go home . Was the hidden signal. Lifting his head up Rosco gave a bellow before stomping his way back to the trees. Alan smiled as he patted the animal’s leg affectionately. Every since he imprinted on the animal five years ago at his dig site in the badlands. Never would he imagine himself to be the proud owner of a massive nine ton Tyrannosaurus Rex.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK FIVE YEARS AGO

 

 

Alan watched as the hatchling pushed away the shell and he saw for the first time the large bird feet. It pushed at the eggshell that imprisoned it as he moved them away from it. However when he saw the head it was then that Alan realized that this was no bird.

 

WHAT THE FUCK!” he bellowed.

 

The hatchling that came from the egg squealed in fear as it was finally free of its egg. It kicked its legs as its tiny arms fought to gain balance. Alan quickly saw himself fascinated by the sight that greeted him.

 

There right in front of him was a baby dinosaur!

 

A God Forsaken Dinosaur hatched right on his bed!

 

Man he needs to stop drinking or smoking what ever it is that volunteers cooked up!.

 

Alan is everthing alright?” Ellie Sattler said when she entered the trailer only to come face to face with a baffled Alan and a... “Alan is that a...?” she did not finish the words as the dinosaur made a squealing noise.

 

Alan was snapped out of his reprieve and grabbed a towel to dry the baby off. He quickly picked it up and held it close. The dinosaur hatchling quickly snuggled in close to his body as he guided it towards the kitchen.

 

Alan?” Ellie said trying to catch up with him.

 

Alan quickly went into the refrigerator to see what he can find for the baby dinosaur. As he dug through he found a piece of left over ham and steak that he had from their last BBQ.

 

The little dinosaur was slowly struggling to raise its head as Alan warmed up the meat. Being careful not to cook it he pulled it out of the microwave and set it on the table. Putting the baby dinosaur down he began to cut up the meat and offer it to the hatchling. The hatchling then took its first bites of the meat and began to choke. Alan quickly realizing what was happening gently massaged the throat of the animal. Soon it swallowed the meat and began to go for another one. This time it was slower in swallowing.

 

After about three large pieces it was sated as he picked it up again and moved it to his bed. When he neared he spotted another egg that was nearly done hatching and set down the plate of meat for the next hatchling.

 

 

END FLASHBACK

 

 

That was five years ago.

 

And now ‘Rosco’ as Alan named him was a rather large and healthy Tyrannosaurus Rex. The dinosaur in question was waiting at home for him. Alan smiled as he got back into the trailer and pulled out another animal this one a deer.

 

The doe was fighting his rope but Alan held on as he guided it out to the field.

 

NICO! NICO WHERE ARE YOU!” he yelled and whistled.

 

He released the deer that bounded away. It did not get far before it was tackled to the side by another dinosaur. This one a lot smaller then Rosco being as it is a different species. But still the animal managed to tear the deer apart. He was soon followed by a third dinosaur this one another species. Also smaller then the last but more hesitant then the second.

 

Spitz! Spitz!” Alan called to the third dinosaur.

 

The dinosaur in question turned to him two crests marked its bright colored head. Spitz neared him as he let loose a third animal this one a goat.

 

The goat ran but Spitz soon chased it down and attacked it. When he was done with his meal he and the dinosaur named Nico came right at Alan. Both of which nuzzled him under each arm. Smiling Alan patted each of them down. Nico was identified as a large Velociraptor. Spitz was a Dilophosaurus and a very shy one. But he seems to like Alan all the same. After all Alan did raise them all by hand. The dinosaurs seemed to take to him like a father figure.

 

He never contained them since they are rather large animals. Instead he took courses in training them like one would do a dog or a whale. How this man turned from a well known paleontologist to a dinosaur wrangler was something no one had imagined. But still his animals became famous world wide. Though these are just the carnivores.

 

He could hear the fourth dinosaur he had in the distance. This one was the only herbivore and one both smaller carnivores love to play with. As soon as their meal was done they both rushed to the fourth dinosaur in Alan’s menagerie. This one lumbered her way slowly to him.

 

There you are Tank I was wondering where you went,” Alan said as the dinosaur in question slowly made her way lazily up to him. She sniffed him and he wrapped his arms around her head. Patting the side of her neck she was more then happy to lumber off towards home. Out of all the dinosaurs he has Alan feeds Tank the least since she is a herbivore. This forest was perfect for her since all the ferns she can eat are here. He does not have to worry about bears and cougars either since the dinosaurs either chased them all off or ate them.

 

Getting into his truck he quickly drove off. Tank, Nico and Spitz not fall behind. The three dinosaurs followed Alan home. He was surprised when Tank could keep up with him but the Ankylosaur proved that she can move when she wants. And today she wanted to move that huge bulk of a body with him.

 

It was one of the things Alan enjoys with his dinosaurs building up that bond. For the carnivores he found out many things about them in the five years of raising them. He kept his notes and sent his papers to the universities. They in turn would send funding to help him with the animal’s care as well as send volunteers to help him around his ranch. Now the ranch in question does not just house dinosaurs he also has herd animals as well to keep them fed. He had volunteers and hired workers help him in raising them and had learned a thing or two about it. Though he prefers to dig up his bones which he has a collection of in his back yard. Alan spends a good deal of time with his dinosaurs.

 

Speaking of which.

 

Frankie get off of my chair you little shit!” he said to one of two flying dinosaurs he owns.

 

Frankie is the smallest of the group an Archaeopteryx. Only the size of a raven he is the only one that can come into Alan’s lap...when he lets him. Frankie has bright colorful feathers which threw most people off when they think about dinosaurs. In fact most of his dinosaurs had colors. As soon as Alan chased off Frankie he spotted Rosco resting beside his house. Frankie made his presence known by climbing into the open mouth of the larger Tyrannosaur and began to pick at his teeth. It was a mutual relationship for both animals.

 

Alan smiled as locked his truck door and walked towards his largest dinosaur. It was the beginning of autumn and he could see the pinpricks of feathers starting to grow on Rosco. That was one thing he discovered about his dinosaurs. They had feathers during the winter and are bare during the summer. It was like certain species of birds which molt their feathers pertaining to the season. Alan was quick to bring his hand up and rub his fingers against some of the feather quills of the larger dinosaur. He remembered to look for the white ones because those are the ones ready to open. Rosco loves this as he leans in to allow Alan to get at the hard to reach ones. Frankie did the same as he too started preening the larger dinosaur.

 

Tank never had to worry about feathers or the cold. As Alan discovered the Ankylosaur had a thick layer of fat under her to keep her warm. She just did the same on Rosco’s other side.

 

The two smaller dinosaurs Nico and Spitz also helped. Nico was also starting to grow his feathers in and Spitz helped in preening him. Spitz never had feathers so when winter comes the Dilophosaur mostly stayed indoors since the time period he came from was mostly warm. That left one last member of their house hold.

 

As if on cue a scream was heard from above him and a large shape swooped down. Ah there she is!

 

Sarah the pteranodon was the largest flyer he has on the ranch and the only one who normally leaves the grounds. However Alan soon discovered that she is mainly a fish eater and likes to eat fish. Though occasionally she will eat migratory birds such as the Canada goose. Sarah like Tank has a thick layer of fat under her to keep her warm. When she landed on the ground Alan was quick to give her a rub down on her rather long beak. She seems to like that the most and leaning in she gently nipped his hand to show that she appreciates it.

 

In all the six dinosaurs that Alan has made him famous. One thing he really does not enjoy but it helps to fund his dig in the badlands. His animals enjoys going out into the desert with him which lets them get a change of scenery. So every summer he usually would ride Rosco or Tank out to his trailer in the badlands. Rosco seems to enjoy the riding which in turn tightens their bonds as a family.

 

All six seemed content to roam around Alan’s home and he lets them. The people who usually come over to help him out come with the understanding that they are still and always will be wild animals.

 

Even though Alan Grant makes them look like puppies.

 

When he was done preening Rosco the T-Rex gave him a head butt which was gentle for the giant and a low content rumble. Alan snuffed a laugh as he patted the dinosaur down. Rosco can be a clown sometimes.

 

Nico was another one to deal with. The Velociraptor is hyper so keeping him content was hard. But at the end of the day luckily he is worn out and will be a total couch potato in the house.

 

Which brings up another thing.

 

Alan’s home is specially designed for the dinosaurs seeing as keeping them content and happy helps to keep him alive. On the lower levels are where the dinosaurs sleep which is more like a barn. From what he discovered they are generally very clean individuals so sometimes before bed he can see either one or the others grooming each other. Tank is a hard dinosaur to clean but she is just content when they lick her sides. The only ones who actually sleep with Alan is of course Frankie. Sarah has her perch just above Rosco’s head so the pteranodon can be near the T-Rex. She also occasionally pecks at the flecks of meat in his mouth. The larger carnivore does not mind. In fact it still baffles Alan how they can get along so well most of the time.

 

Nico and Spitz love the beds which were next to the fire place he had built. One of his students was also studying to be an architect so he helped Alan design the house. When Alan looks at his dinosaurs he spotted the bright colors of Frankie as he sat on his perch preening his feathers. It seems like every autumn that he goes through this phase and every spring has to deal with the molting.

 

In the last five years he was stunned to see that he can make discoveries with live dinosaurs more so then digging up bones. But that does not stop him from digging up bones in the first place. As he went into the kitchen to make his own meal it was Frankie who always took to the television in the corner. He found out fast how smart his dinosaurs can be especially Nico and Frankie.

 

Nico had discovered how to open doors from an early age. Being a problem solver he managed to sneak into the food storage bin one night and gotten himself stuck. When Alan found him the next day he was nearly frozen to death because of it. That took a good bit of warming up and a trip to the vet to get the raptor to come around. When Nico did come around he learned the hard way not to go in the freezer. Now when he opens doors he makes sure that it is safe.

 

Spitz Alan discovered is quite venomous early on. It was during their vaccinations with the vets that Alan was bitten and had to be taken to the hospital because of it. The bite had a paralyzing property which left poor Alan in bed for nearly a few weeks. Luckily for him some of the townsfolk came by to feed the animals.

 

Even though the animals nearly ate them.

 

Another thing he discovered about Spitz is that he can shoot globs of that same venom at people.

 

Just like a spitting cobra.

 

And it also has the same blinding agents as a cobra.

 

He found out about that the hard way. Alan had to go to town to get some supplies when someone tried to break into his house. The other dinosaurs were out in the field save for Frankie and Spitz. Nico was out with Rosco while Sarah and Tank were out sunning themselves in the fields.

 

It was in the middle of winter when it happened. So Spitz and Frankie remained in doors till spring thaw. Meaning they watched the house till Alan gets back.

 

Well when he did get back he had heard the screaming before he saw the victim. Rushing into the house he was met by a man screaming in agony. While Spitz was trying to get to him from his area down stairs. Of course in bear country Alan came prepared with a gun just in case. So he stocked up on his rifle and loaded his bullets before going out to meet his foe.

 

What he discovered was the man’s face had swollen up and he had difficulty breathing. Not only that but the black blob on his face was a sure sign that it was Spitz who did the damage. Frankie had hid himself in the ceiling beams. Shaking his head Alan had called the sheriffs department to come deal with the intruder.

 

The state sheriff was startled when he saw Spitz but Alan assured him that the dinosaur was only defending himself. Well what he did not know was that the man was an escaped convict. It would have been less paperwork on the Sheriff’s part if the man died.

 

He nearly did had Alan not have the anti-venom specially made. The man made a recovery but he was serving the rest of his time in prison on good behavior. Spitz has been given her favorite treat as a reward.

 

It was tough raising six dinosaurs of various species. All of them with different needs and all of them with different personalities. It left Alan with out any time for himself and also to add to the dig he left behind the life he once knew.

 

But he would not have it any other way.

 

What paleontologist not want to live his dream? Many of them would only wet themselves just to get the chance to study dinosaurs live in person. And here was Alan Grant the top of his field with six species of prehistoric animals.

 

He could not have been more happy.

 

 

The sound of sizzling beef could be heard as he poured the contents of his chopping board into the pot. He stirred it to make sure it was evenly put before covering the pot to let it cook. If he did not then Frankie would get into the pot again and burn himself like he did before. He had gotten a gas stove just to help him cook his food faster.

 

But it was not dinosaur proof.

 

Frankie was always curious and would like to try new things. Alan compared him to a prehistoric raven always getting on everyone’s nerves. In fact Frankie was just small enough to actually get into places none of the others could. As he checked his other ingredients to make sure they are fine. He could hear the television suddenly turn on and shook his head.

 

Nico the raptor had always been fascinated by the television. It had taken the raptor a while to discover that the television is not live. So when he figured it out he would spend a good deal of time flipping channels. The remote in his claws was proof of that. When he discovered how to use it all he had to do was flip through the channels and find what he wants.

 

Tonight was some sort of movie channel.

 

Alan had to smile as both Nico and Spitz curled up in front of the television. Both dinosaurs enjoyed sitting on their own designated spots to watch the movie. It was of course a B-Rated monster movie. Alan had to smile as he finished cooking his dinner. Sitting in front of the television he watched with his animals. Since they already ate he did not have to worry about wondering snouts...well except for Frankie who was always curious.

 

When he finished and washed the dishes he gotten up to take a much needed shower. When he came out fresh and clean he made sure the door to the outside was closed before heading off to bed. Stripping his clothes to something he can sleep with he stared at himself in the mirror. His bedroom was one of the few places the dinosaurs would ask permission first before entering. That part they learned early on in their lives.

 

When he looked at himself. He was surprised by how much physical work he had done to maintain these animals. The fat that he normally would have when digging bones is long gone replaced by hard muscle. He surprised even himself by how much weight he lost and gained back in muscle. He did not notice at first till he went into town earlier that day to see what old man Mathews had to give him.

 

 

EARLIER THAT DAY

 

Alan pulled up to the shop marked 'Lee's Frontier Supply' the rundown shop was just a convenience store for those who live on the outskirts of town. Alan often frequents there for his grocery shopping. When he arrived there he never noticed at first the many stares he had gotten until he entered the store.

 

Of course the place was crowded as usual when Alan gathered the ingredients needed for both himself and food for his animals. The food usually is treats for the carnivores and fish for the pteranodon. As for Frankie he had to go to the pet store for crickets and locusts. Since Frankie is an insect eater that is all he would eat and the occasional piece of meat. Alan spends a lot of money just keeping these guys well fed. Not only them but the animals he herds to.

 

Since taking the dinosaurs in when they hatched. Alan has also taken to raising the animals that are needed to feed them. Animals such as cows, sheep, pig and goats are needed to feed the carnivores. The chickens he never really needed since Frankie does most of the bug eating. But he bought some anyways for the eggs that his animals liked. All that work for one man was not enough. So he had hired a few helpers and he trained his dinosaurs to help in keeping the animal herds in line.

 

The sheep for example fell to Nico and Spitz. Both smaller dinosaurs were perfect for herding the sheep into their pens at night. Alan had trained them like sheep dogs herding the sheep and the goats. He would let them eat the sick ones but only on occasion. This helps in their training for cooperation. Nico of course learned faster then Spitz. But then again Alan knew that she was intelligent.

 

Just not that intelligent.

 

Nico would be the one to coordinate the herding with Spitz to help. The Dilophosaur learned to follow Nico's lead and they worked great at a team. Sometimes Sarah would join in when she is not fishing somewhere at the nearby lake. The pteranodon would swoop down and do strafing runs with the other two dinosaurs. Two of Alan's workers would also work alongside them with their dogs. Nico and Spitz learned how to herd the live stock better with the dogs. That is when they are not trying to eat them. Watching how they take commands with a whistle. Alan had also learned this so he used the same methods when training his dinosaurs.

 

Today Alan needed feed for his livestock since winter is coming and there would be no grass for his herds. He also purchased burlap bags for spring when he would sheer his sheep for their wool. He made quite a business with it at the local wool factory. In fact he had several of their people come up to help him sheer the sheep.

 

Speaking of livestock.

 

Alan looked down at the pig feed in his flat cart the pigs needed to be fed as well as the chickens. Frankie was in charge of protecting the chickens from foxes and wolves. The little Archeopteryx has proven himself to be efficient in that. Alan has trained his animals well...

 

But it seems that he needs to learn how to train people not to stare.

 

He kept having the feeling that he was being watched. He kept looking over his shoulder but found that no one was watching him...or so he thinks.

 

Ah the usual Dr. Grant?” asked old man Mathews the owner of Lee's Frontier Supply.

 

Yeah winter is coming so it is time to stock up,” Alan replied.

 

I see you are doing more then stocking feed for your live stock doctor,” Mathews joked.

 

What are you talking about?” Alan asked.

 

Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately Dr. why I bet my wife will get wet over you,” Mathews joked.

 

Ah come on Mat stop pulling my leg I am not a super model you know. I am a man near his middle ages I am no strapping buck,” Alan joked back.

 

Dr. I hate to bust your bubble but ever since you started taking care of dem Dinosaurs of yours. You have lost quite a bit of weight and gained it all back in a nice six pack,” with that Mathews patted Alan's stomach to show his meaning.

 

The ladies here have taken a liking to ya and those additional scars also helps to turn them on. Speaking of which how is that lady friend of yours Dr. Sattler doing? I thought you two had a thing for each other?” Mathews asked.

 

Ellie and I are not in a relationship and never was. We are childhood friends I think of her as more of my sister then a girlfriend and besides she is going out with Mark,” Alan replied.

 

Mark? The museum curator? Damn what is this world coming to?” Mathews said as he and Alan finished gossiping and Alan made his purchase.

 

 

End FLAHSBACK

 

 

That was earlier in the day when Alan went to town. And now that he looked at himself in the mirror. He can clearly see what Mathews has meant when he gained a six pack.

 

The constant running and care given to his dinosaurs had Alan's work cut out for him. Not only that but there are fences to be fixed, animals that need care and a house to maintain. It was hard work and Alan never knew that all that work would be good for him. Taking a good look at himself he felt along his now rock hard stomach and well muscled arms.

 

Shit Mathews is right?” Alan said out loud.

 

Suddenly there was a shrill coming from the living room and Alan quickly put a shirt on and rushed out.

 

Spitz was in full defense mode with his bright frill open. Nico hissed and shrieked a warning.

 

What the fuck?” Alan said as he neared the door. There was a knock which he looked through the window.

 

It was the sheriff.

 

 

Opening the door Alan greeted the man, “What can I do for you officer?” Alan asked.

 

Sorry to disturb you Doc but there has been an incident that requires your immediate attention.” The officer said.

 

OH shit what did they do?” Alan said looking at his animals.

 

They did not do anything...in fact we need their help,” the officer replied.

 

What do you mean?” Alan replied.

 

A child was kidnapped by a know pedophile and we need your dinos to help find him.” the sheriff said.

 

Alan sighed, “Alright why don't you come inside. The dinosaurs won't do anything if I gave you permission to enter and we can discuss it more,” Alan said.

 

"Thank you," said the Sheriff.

 

To Be continued

 

Chapter 3: The Best Bloodhounds are What?

Summary:

What Alan trains his Dinosaurs to do....hehehehe

"That's one UGLY chicken,"

Chapter Text

Can I get you anything it is rather nippy tonight?” Alan asked being the good host he is.

 

Just a cup of coffee thanks,” the Sheriff said.

 

Alan went to the kitchen to warm up a pot of coffee for the Sheriff. Frankie was perched on his shoulder and Nico and Spitz were eyeing the Sheriff. The Sheriff knew them both and saw that there was no signs of aggression; just a sign of caution to them.

 

You know its dangerous to keep wild animals with you right?” the Sheriff said.

 

Yeah I know, but if I throw them outside or in the barn they will only crash my house. That is why I had this built for them. It one...keeps them warm especially during the winter in the case of Spitz and Frankie. And two it keeps me safe to know that they are not going to come crashing through my door like they did last time,” Alan replied.

 

Last time?” the Sheriff asked.

 

Right before I had this place built I kept them outside in the barn....big mistake. They came crashing into my door and smashed through my walls because they wanted to know where I was. That was when I made the discovery that they are a bit social. So instead if having a repeat I had this place built for them. It keeps me close by, and they can see me when they want. Also when it is winter I found that Spitz and Frankie are not really suited to the cold so they stay indoors.” Alan replied.

 

I see, so anyways before we gotten off subject Dr. Grant I wanted to discuss the missing child?” the Sheriff said and pulled a photo out.

 

Alan took the photo of the child and held it up to be able to see it in the light. The child was a girl about thirteen years old. She was just entered puberty by the looks of it her dark locks and baby face showed that she has some baby fat on her. Her dark skin and obviously native features had Alan curious.

 

How old is she?” Alan asked.

 

She is thirteen years of age about five foot three and about one hundred and fifteen pounds. She was last seen with her family at a camp site just south of here. It was where we had last heard of the Pedophile's whereabouts. The man here,” with that the Sheriff produced another photo was that of a middle aged man who looked more like a bear then a man.

 

His name is Alex Mendosa he is wanted by the U.S. Marshals for sexual assault, robbery, murder, and drug and people trafficking. He has also been known to smuggle Mexicans into the United States and children namely girls into other countries. We hope you can help us find him Dr. Grant,” the Sheriff asked glumly.

 

Why don't you use search hounds for finding her?” Alan asked.

 

We tried but the guy is really good at loosing dogs. We tried everything helicopters, dogs, every known thing we can think of until a friend of yours mentioned your dinosaurs. Now I know you rarely use them to help us out Dr. Grant, but we could really use your help. That T-Rex of yours has one of the best noses around. And your raptor and what ever that thing is called can track anything someone throws at them so please we need your help.” the Sheriff said.

 

I know you think they are totally tame, but I assure you they are not tame. What if they do find the girl I just fear they might eat her even when told not to.” Alan said.

 

I know and I would not be asking lightly if otherwise. But we are running out of time and options and this is our best shot. Those parents are really desperate to have their little girl back Dr. and we have the F.B.I and the U.S. Marshals with us. So please consider it,” the Sheriff said as Alan passed along the coffee.

 

I will think about it.” Alan said.

 

Well I bid you fare well then Dr. and good night,” the Sheriff gotten up to leave. He opened the door and walked out leaving Alan there by himself on the kitchen table.

 

What do you think?” he asked Nico as the raptor came to place his head under his arm.

 

Alan smiled as he scratched just under his chin. The raptor cooed as he swung his tail back and forth.

 

Wanna go hunting tomorrow?” he asked.

 

That got the raptor's attention. Nico loved to go hunting with Alan and the others. Alan realized that hunting with his dinosaurs helps to build the bond between them. And it allows them to practice their hunting instincts. It took Alan nearly three years to be able to train them to hunt without killing anyone or anything. So when he gave the command to stop they stopped. They still enjoy the chase though and especially Nico who enjoys it more then the others. Rosco loves to track his prey down while Spitz enjoys the ambush. The Dilophosaur in question was busy snoozing on his bed next to the fire.

 

Alan smirked as he gotten off the table and gotten rid of the coffee. He himself didn't drink a drop but luckily for him he did not make that much. He sat down on the couch with Nico as the raptor kept his claws curled up. It would not due for him to have Alan replace another couch because he clawed this one. Nico then rested his head on Alan's lap as the man in question began to preen Nico's protofeathers. The spines had started to split along his head and Alan was more then glad to clean them off to show off the bright red feathers on Nico's body.

 

Alan had to look down at Nico. The raptor was colored a light brown with a bright red stripe that goes along his back from the start of his eye all the way down his back. It was overlapped by a white stripe around it. There were also dark spots and dark blue stripes along his back eye ridge. In all Nico was very colorful and when he grew his feathers for the winter they gave him a bright flame red color. Like that of a rooster so Alan likes to tease him the over grown rooster.

 

He massaged the areas where it needs and the feathers started to sprout into their natural forms. As he did so he ran his fingers along the feather tips which feels good to Nico. The raptor purred his content. Smiling to himself he looked at Spitz who was sleeping next to the fire. The Dilophosaur was still growing from what he could tell. His bright coloration also smashed any theory about dinosaurs being dull. Spitz had a bright sandy coloration to him with darker patches going from his crests down to the tip of his tail. The crests however had a more reddish color to them showing off his gender from what Alan could guess. The dinosaur also to his discovery had a skin frill which never showed on any fossil records. Alan was awestruck when the pattern became hidden when Spitz hides it from view. When he brings it out when threatened or when playing with Nico that the bright orange and red patches on it shown brightly in full view. The juvenile Dilophosaur had shown to be social and would often play with Nico in the long grass sneaking up behind him and scaring him with his frill. The raptor would retaliate by leaping on the dilophosaurus and they would rough house or chase each other around.

 

Alan sighed to himself as he continued to preen Nico. The raptor only would purr in content until Alan started to nod off. Sensing his weariness the raptor would then nudge Alan and move off the couch. Alan looked up at Nico as the raptor then moved over to his own nest on the other side of the fire place.

 

Walking out of the room he made his way towards the balcony where he can look down at the sleeping forms of his bigger dinosaurs. Though he could not see them clearly Alan had to smile.

 

Tank was flat on her stomach snoring loudly while Rosco was curled around her his large head next to hers snoring softly. Sarah was in her perch with her head tucked under her wing. The pteranodon was whistling while sleeping.

 

Alan sighed at his odd family as he made his way over to his bedroom and his bed. When he once again closed the door he took off his shirt and tossed it to the side of his bed. There Frankie was in his own perch on his side of the room snoozing away. The darkness having helped the Archeopteryx in sleeping. Alan never knew that his little Frankie can fly and his wingspan was a bit longer and wider then what the fossils showed.

 

As he gotten into bed and looked at the smallest of his dinosaurs he could not help but smile as he closed his eyes.

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

 

Bright and early as usual Alan woke to see Frankie preening himself once again. The Archeopteryx was busy making sure his bright and colorful plumage looked good. His tail feathers were midnight blue with white lining them. Lighter blue feathers highlighted around them from his spine made it look like he has blue flames. His body consisted of a light forest green with a bright jade green underbelly. His wing feathers ranged from a deep burgundy to a bright purple at the tips. His head was a light tan with a crest of white feathers going around it. Making it look like its in a frame.

 

Alan had to smile at the little troublemaker as he used his yellow legs to scratch at Alan's hair.

 

Alright already!” Alan protested as he got up.

 

The smaller dinosaur warbled happily as Alan quickly did his business and gotten dressed. Moving out he quickly gotten something to eat just as Nico and Spitz entered the kitchen.

 

Hey you two get out! You know the rules!” Alan said loudly to them.

 

They both quickly gotten out as he finished his breakfast before Frankie ate it and went to feed the other dinosaurs. As he finished eating the Sheriff's number was still on the table where the man had left it. Grabbing it Alan made to call the Sheriff now that he is well rested and ready for the day. Taking the cup of coffee he had he quickly fed the rest of his dinosaurs before giving the Sheriff a call.

 

 

 

Sheriff's department?” the Dispatcher said.

 

Hey Emily this is Dr. Grant calling for the Sheriff?” Alan asked.

 

One second let me patch you through,” the Dispatcher said.

 

This is Sheriff Harrison may I ask who is calling?” the Sheriff said over the phone.

 

Good Morning Sheriff this is Dr. Grant calling your partner asked to give you call last night?” Alan replied.

 

Ah yes Dr. Grant I was expecting your call. I had just returned to shift when Reynolds told me that he consulted with you,” he said.

 

Yes Sheriff he told me what happened,” Alan replied.

 

And?” the Sheriff asked on the phone.

 

I am willing to help but I need something from you,” Alan replied.

 

 

Alright I'm game what do you need from me?” the Sheriff said.

 

 

TWO HOURS LATER

 

 

A large trailer pulled up next to the camp site and Alan had gotten out of the truck. The trailer shifted a bit but nothing moved afterward. The sheriff looked rather apprehensive when Alan walked up to him and offered his hand.

 

Sheriff it is so good to see you,” he said.

 

Like wise Dr. Grant,” the Sheriff said.

 

Well when do we get started?” asked the man next to the Sheriff.

 

He was a rather tall man with broad shoulders and dark tanned skin. His dark hair gave him an intimidating look.

 

I apologize Dr. Grant this is Malcolm Eagle his family lives in the reserve the state over,” he said looking rather uncomfortable.

 

Alan shrugged and shook the man's hand anyways out of politeness. “I apologize for the delay but I had to get Rosco settled in the trailer before I came over,” Alan replied.

 

So how do we do this?” the Sheriff said.

 

Well do you have anything belonging to the suspect or the girl?” Alan said.

 

Malcolm was the one who had gotten a sweater from the girl out to Alan for him to use. “She is my daughter and I had never thought to use whatever it is that the Sheriff wanted to use.” he said.

 

Well I will tell you that a Tyrannosaurus Rex has the best sense of smell in the animal kingdom. It can smell a prey item or a carcass from vast distances. Rosco can smell a prey item from fifty miles away. Nico also has a good sense of smell though not as good as Rosco's he can pick out a scent from on the ground better then Rosco can. I kept the other two at home since it is too cold for them now. So I am taking my best trackers with me. I will be following from the air if something should come up.” Alan said.

 

How are you going to follow from the air?” asked Malcolm?

 

Sarah can help me keep track from the air. We practice this maneuver a lot and I found she can carry quite a bit of weight. The fossils failed to show us how strong a pteranodon really is. Besides she likes it when I ride her.” Alan said.

 

Sarah? Pteranodon?” Malcolm replied.

 

Oh yeah I forgot Malcolm remember when I told you that I am bringing in a dinosaur expert to help search for your little girl?” the Sheriff said.

 

Yeah?” Malcolm replied.

 

And remember what you told me?” the Sheriff asked.

 

That you are bat shit crazy and a fucken idiot for suggesting that?” Malcolm replied.

 

Exactly and here you are a dinosaur expert here to help.” the Sheriff said.

 

I still think you are nuts and what is up with the trailer?” Malcolm asked. He eyed it wearily as it moved a bit back and forth.

 

 

That is the part we need Dr. Grant on,” the Sheriff said and handed Alan a shirt.

 

This was the prison uniform that the suspect used before he broke out of jail. It was found in a trash bin just outside a restaurant in Helena.” the Sheriff replied.

 

Alright then I will take those,” Alan said as he walked up to the trailer.

 

One of the volunteers held a switch as Alan walked up to the trailer. Then taking his two fingers made a whistle. The trailer started to shift a bit as Alan held up the sweater to the trailer and made a series of whistles. The shifting started even more in the trailer.

 

Then taking out the prison uniform Alan held it out to the holes on the side of the trailer. He gave another series of whistles this one different from the first. A shriek was heard from within and Alan had to smile as he knew that Nico was ready to go.

 

The growling from within showed that Rosco was ready to hunt as well.

 

Alright I want everyone to recall their dogs and anything that might distract them. Also I want you all to be clear when I open the trailer. These guys when fired up will charge at full speed when they want to,” Alan said.

 

A bunch of people quickly gotten out of the way some recalling their search dogs from the camp site. Many campers who were still in the area wanted to see what was going on and tried to move closer.

 

I said get back!” Alan called and some of the police officers had to step in to keep the people away from the trailer.

 

They could see the mist that rose from the trailer as it shook. A loud growling noise was heard from within and the campers finally started to back up.

 

Now what ever you do, do not panic and do not run. If you do then these animals can and will attack you. For safety move towards the front of the trailer,” Alan called.

 

People began to move as the trailer rocked even more. One of the volunteers reversed the trailer so that way the animals when released will go directly into the forest.

 

Now which way she was last seen?” Alan said to her father.

 

There on that side of the camp,” Malcolm said nervously.

 

Alright,” Alan said

 

The trailer shook more as Alan gave the hand signal to the volunteer on the trailer. The one holding the switch stood off to the side. Alan made sure that everyone was clear as the trailer shook even more.

 

Alan held his hand up high like he was going to start a race. Holding the sweater up again he gave a whistling signal to the occupants inside. The trailer slowed as they sniffed it again. Then he changed whistles for the prison uniform.

 

A chirp was all he had received from Nico signaling that he knows what to do. Rosco only gave a roar to show that he was growing impatient.

 

Alan knew that he better be ready for the T-Rex wanted to hunt and he was stalling.

 

Is everyone clear!” Alan yelled.

 

Yeah everyone is clear!” the Sheriff called.

 

With that Alan dropped his arm. When he did the volunteer knew what to do and pulled the lever.

 

Instantly the door opened revealing Rosco as the T-Rex roared his feathers really starting to show on his head. The larger feathers that crested his head really brought out the ferocity of his giant form. The Tyrannosaur raced into the forest. A sharp cry came from the trailer as the smaller Nico came leaping out and charging into the bushes after the larger dinosaur. Then after them Sarah came out with a shriek.

 

Alan raced up and leaped onto her back. Lying down against her backside was a specially made saddle which allows him to hold on while she flew. It did not hinder her as he laid out across the length of her back. Feeling him settle Sarah pushed down with her wings like she was on stilts and lifted off. The Pteranodon's muscles pulsed under Alan as he held on. Rising higher he could clearly see Rosco and Nico racing through the forest. The two carnivores were going really fast as they covered a lot of ground. Looking behind him Alan could see the many trucks and ATV's racing through the forest.

 

Being smaller and faster Nico rushed ahead of Rosco. The tyrannosaur had to avoid larger branches but he did not care not as long as he is on the hunt. Even though he is not hungry Alan knew that Rosco just loves to track down his prey. He may not kill it but the enjoyment of the hunt is all that kept that large lug happy. Nico on the other hand loves to track but he also loves to chase as well. His reddish feathers showing through the underbrush as he raced along the forest floor towards his target.

 

Also being a lot more active Nico raced ahead of Rosco sniffing the air once in a while to get the best scent. Rosco slowed down at one point and called for Nico. The raptor then turned his head and ran back to Rosco. Meanwhile Alan circled above on Sarah knowing that the two are only trying to get back on the scent trail. Putting their large heads to the ground Nico and Rosco took up the scent again.

 

Then with a growl Rosco was off with Nico on his tail.

 

 

MEANWHILE SOMEWHERE IN THE WILDERNESS BETWEEN THE BORDER OF MONTANA AND NORTH DAKOTA

 

 

He had traveled northeast to avoid the U.S. Marshals and the Montana State Police. The search dogs will never find him or the girl that he had snagged while waiting for his get away ride. The car was easy to break into and even better to hide his scent. The old crone he had stolen it from had laced it in heavy perfumes to mask her disgusting smell. Sitting behind him was his latest victim tied up and ready for his pleasures.

 

The girl shriek and struggled with a gag in her mouth and tears coming out of her eyes. She was looking at the old woman that the man killed just to get this car. The sightless eyes stared back at her as she cried in anguish and fear.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Rosco and Nico came to another camp site this one in the great plains. They had already exited the mountains and forest and are near one of the interstate freeways. The road leading out of the mountains into the national park was plain to see. Both dinosaurs entered a highway one that was clearly empty thankfully and began to sniff about. There was another camp site not far from where they exited the forest. They had lost the trail at first being confused with the change of scent. But now that Rosco has a better scent of his prey he began to follow with Nico right behind him. High above them was Sarah with Alan right on top. The pteranodon can fly for hours on end but Alan could see that both she and the other dinosaurs were getting tired. Luckily there was a river in the direction that they were traveling. Alan figured they can rest there. They had been tracking their quarry for almost half the day already, and his dinosaurs looked thirsty.

 

Alright guys when we get to the river you can rest,” Alan said and whistled signaling water nearby. Both Rosco and Nico stood up from where they were tracking.

 

Yes water,” Alan said.

 

Both dinosaurs went off in the direction of the river which thankfully their quarry also went.

 

 

 

NEAR THE BORDER OF MONTANA AND NORTH DAKOTA

 

 

They had stopped to get something to eat and that horrible man allowed her to use the bathroom. She needs to escape and call the police but he was watching her every move. He even stood with her in the bathroom!

 

She felt afraid to go but he made her go. The gun he has in his hand is any indication to do as he says. She sat down to he business and to her horror had seen red spots on her underwear.

 

Oh great I just started my period! She thought to herself.

 

Um Mr. can you hand me a tampon or something from the dispenser!” the girl said pleading.

 

Alex Mendosa only grumbled before going for the dispenser. When he got there he quickly used his knife to break the lock on the dispenser and pull out a maxi pad. There was no tampons.

 

Sorry girlie there is no tampons only these!” he tossed one into the stall and the girl took it without complaint.

 

She was clearly in pain from the massive case of cramps when she put it on. Alex decided to take a few more so she does not leave a mess.

 

The girl clearly does not like to be told what to do when she was finished. She flushed the toilet and cleaned herself up before getting out to wash her hands. When she was done both she and Mendosa headed back to their stolen vehicle. Mendosa forced her back into the back seat of the car and then filled the gas tank.

 

They were at a gas station and convenience store in the middle of nowhere. From what she had seen on the map he had with him while he was filling up the tank. They are near the border between Montana and North Dakota.

 

She felt scared knowing that when they do cross the border the police will not be able to track them. She felt Mendosa then finish filling the tank and then going into the back and strapping her down again. He had already disposed of the carcass of the old woman about fifty miles back and made sure that she was never found. The crows are feasting on her bones as she thought about it.

 

Will that happen to her? She thought as she nearly cried.

 

She wanted to go home so badly. She wants to go to school and see her friends again she silently cried as they drove off again.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

The search team drove up and set up a temporary base. Alan was off to the side seeing to his dinosaurs when the Sheriff walked up. Rosco was drinking as well as Nico while Sara was busy feeding off the trout that swam up the river.

 

How are they Dr. Grant,” the Sheriff asked.

 

They are fine just give them about an hour and they are ready to go again,” Alan replied patting down Rosco. The Tyrannosaur only rumbled as he continued to drink from the river.

 

Wow we never figured that they had traveled this far,” the Sheriff said.

 

You said so yourself the man is good at human trafficking. So I would figure he probably stolen a car some ways back. What nearly threw my dinosaurs off the scent was the heavy smell of perfume from a campsite quite a ways from here. My figure would be that this Mendosa guy had stolen the vehicle from this site. The owner I have no idea where they are is clearly not present, but I have a suspicion that they are somewhere in that direction.” Alan said pointing to the east.

 

The Sheriff nodded, “He is definitely heading towards the border then. There the town of Circle. It is located here,” the Sheriff handed out a map and pointed to the area they are at.

 

You see we are here just southwest of Circle and northeast of Brockway so if from where you dinos have been tracking him. He is probably heading northeast towards North Dakota before heading on to Canada. If he makes it there we will lose him,” the Sheriff said.

 

Well we have traveled a long way and I am fairly impressed that they managed to last this long,” Alan said surprised.

 

Well you trained them well Dr. I don't know how you did it but you did,” the Sheriff said.

 

Alan knew that was only a compliment but he replied honestly. “I only used their natural instincts to hunt to my advantage. By training them to use their talents for other things then kill on sight. Then it was only a matter of time before I fine tuned it to track and hunt for prey or in this case help someone out. To them it is a game it is not so much the food that they want as a reward it is the satisfaction that they had indeed managed to hunt that target down. I wish there was a rancher or a farmer around here that will let us take a cow and a goat or two for the animals. They have been going at it for half the day,” Alan said.

 

I know a few ranchers around here maybe I can call them up to lend us a steer or two,” the Sheriff said.

 

Alan was grateful for that.

 

 

TWO HOURS LATER

 

 

Indeed a rancher who had lived not five minutes from where they were at let them have a steer. The steer was an old one on his last legs and as such the Rancher let Rosco have his fill with it. Nico was happy for a goat to eat and some wild turkeys. The raptor burns a lot of calories when he hunts so this makes up for it.

 

When the dinosaurs rested for about an hour Alan was ready to go. Sarah had already eaten her fill in the river since is has a nice school of trout for her to catch. There was also some crows that provided her with a snack.

 

Alan resumed the scent trail by once again giving them the scent. And what to do when they encounter the targets. Both Rosco and Nico were off once again with Alan following on Sarah. The Sheriff and the U.S. Marshals followed a bit behind to not disturb the dinosaurs.

 

 

 

SOMEWHERE NEAR FOXLAKE MONTANA

 

 

 

Will you stop your fucken crying already!” Mendosa said to the girl in back.

 

The girl was clearly in pain and had to change her pad several times to stop the bleeding. This was a new thing for her as her cramps had caused her to be paralyzed for a time. The pain was unlike anything she dealt with before, and so she just whimpered and curled into a ball to try to minimize it. Already she had leaked with how heavy her blood flow is and her pads had nearly run out. She was due for another change but at the moment she has to wait till they arrive at another pit stop. So the cramps and the yucky feeling of bleeding all over the place has her curled up in a little ball.

 

She felt so sick as she held her arms around her stomach. The blood was everywhere and she was terrified that the man Mendosa would somehow kill her. All she knows is that she has no choice but to wait and see what happens.

 

 

JUST SOUTH OF FOXLAKE

 

 

Alan was startled when Sarah gave a call of warning. He held on when the pteranodon swooped down. Holding on tight he watch the world rise up again in succession and she landed with one smooth motion. When he had gotten off Nico and Rosco were investigating something on the ground. Alan quickly rushed to where they were investigating.

 

It was just off to the bushes and away from the road. Rosco made the call to Sarah meaning that he had found something. The pteranodon responded by dipping low and landing beside them. Getting off Alan went to investigate what the two carnivores found.

 

To his horror it was the body of an old woman who had obvious marks of strangulation and a broken neck.

 

Quickly grabbing his radio Alan called it in.

 

Sheriff are you there?” Alan called.

 

I am here Dr. Grant did your dinos find anything?” he asked.

 

Yeah they found the body of an old woman off the side of the road. The body is fresh meaning your man has been through here recently and drug her here,” Alan replied.

 

Alright I will give the call to the local police and the Marshals. They will help track this down. I got FBI waiting in Fox Lake should they head there. The towns folk have already been warned that there might be dinosaurs roaming the streets so are made aware to stay clear,” The Sheriff replied.

 

Alright thanks,” Alan said and hung up on his radio.

 

Alright guys lets continue with our hunt,” Alan whistled and the two looked at him knowing that signal. Rosco was the first out on the road and startled a few passing vehicles that happen to pass by on the way west. At the sight of both dinosaurs they immediately stopped and hid while Rosco and Nico rushed past. The tyrannosaur stopped for a second and sniffed the ground with Nico right behind him. The raptor being smaller was the one who found the little bit of trash in the bushes.

 

Alan being high above with his binoculars saw what it was they were looking at. He had Sarah angle down and he landed softly on Rosco's back. The T-Rex is used to the treatment as he only rumbled as Alan made his way down to his snout. Not afraid of being bitten or eaten.

 

When gotten there he saw that Nico was just as confused. Looking at the offending object he recognize a maxi pad when he saw one. He did not touch it but he did remember the girl's age. It should be around the right time for her to start bleeding. If she is bleeding then.....

 

 

Rosco, Nico follow...find!” Alan whistled as he climbed onto Rosco's head again just behind his eyes. The Tyrannosaur rose up getting a good scent now and roared. Nico did a similar sound before rushing off down the road with Rosco right behind him.

 

 

FAIRVIEW MONTANA

 

 

The gas station that they had stopped by would be their last stop before they make their way east. It was dark out and the sun had already set when they pulled up.

 

The girl was once again in the bathroom changing her maxi pad and cleaning herself up after changing her clothes. She was alone but she knew the man was outside. She wanted to curl up and die at the moment and she did not know what to do. So raiding the maxi pad machine she had stolen two more pads since it seems as if the tampons were out. So taking her leave she walked back out when she heard the radio in the gas station going off.

 

In the continued statewide manhunt for escaped convict Alex Mendosa. State Sheriffs, F.B.I. and U.S. Marshals are employed to track down Mendosa. Witnesses reported him heading east towards the town of Fairview which marks the border between Montana and North Dakota. Now from what we had heard continued manhunts are underway as both the FBI and Interpol are put on alert in case Mendosa does try to escape across the U.S. Canadian border....”

 

 

What are you doing!” someone shouted and she felt her hair being pulled by Mendosa. He yanked her towards the back of the stolen car once again and threw her in.

 

Shut the fuck up!” Mendosa said as he tied her up once again and made sure her pants were clean this time. He gunned the engine as soon as he was satisfied with the roar he had gotten. The car they had stolen this time was different then the old woman's. When Mendosa realized that the old woman's car would probably be on the news he made a switch by stealing a farmer's car not far from Sydney. From there they made their way further northeast towards Fairview which is at the border to North Dakota. Right on the other side of town. So he managed to gun it towards the end of town.

 

In other news residents in Montana say they saw dinosaurs running down the interstate highway. From what the reports are saying they are heading east along the I-200 towards Fairview. Residents are encouraged to remain indoors when they see the dinosaurs racing down the street. From what witnesses say it looks like there are two of them....”

 

The muffled sound of the radio when the girl was shoved in made it hard to hear when the engine started in the car. She barely paid any attention to the sound as they drove away leaving the old car behind.

 

What they did not know was that the hunters tracking them would soon be catching up.

 

 

ABOUT TEN MINUTES LATER

 

 

 

Marcus Brady was just finishing his shift cleaning up the shop and waiting for the next person to arrive. It was rather late when he heard it. The soft muffling sound of something outside his shop. He slowly turned around to see what it was thinking it might be a bear or a cougar.

 

But what he found instead made him nearly pee his pants.

 

Right outside his window was an overgrown fuzzy looking dinosaur!

 

The dinosaur in question was not very large about the size of a man. But it supported a very large tail and the claws it has on its feet and hands are enough to slice a man to pieces. Especially that large claw on each foot.

 

Ducking down for cover Marcus pulled out the cross that he had under his shirt and started to pray.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Nico was the first to arrive at the gas station. Rosco was not as fast as the raptor so that made him the scout. They had already found the car that they had tracked down a ways back, and now they had tracked their prey here to this gas station. Even though they don't know what it is the raptor was determined to find his quarry. Sniffing around he followed the smell of blood towards the side of the building. He remembers the smells in here because he smelled the same thing back home in his nest.

 

Looking down at the door Nico also remembers how to open doors just like back home. Luckily for him the door was already open and he poked his head inside. Taking a sniff he was assaulted by the smell of chemicals and urine.

 

But there was also the smell of blood.

 

The blood of his prey.

 

Walking into the bathroom he sniffed around till at last his nose came near the wall. There was a metal piece sticking out from the wall. It reeked of blood and Nico knew his quarry was near. Taking a sniff his tail began to swing from side to side to know that his prey is so close!

 

He could sense that Rosco was nearby so he investigated the bathroom further.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Tony Taylor was just filling his tank when he had to use the restroom. Walking in he went to the register of the snack shop to see if he can get the key to the bathroom. He had gotten delayed before but now that he finally was able to get to his destination (and talking to a rather distraught worker) he managed to get the keys to the toilet.

 

As he approached however something seemed off about the bathroom. Namely the women's restroom.

 

For starters the door was wide open.

 

Another was the large thing sticking out from it and moving slowly from side to side. It looked like a large feathered fan of some sorts like one of those Egyptian movies.

 

What the fuck?” he said.

 

The thing stopped moving and he could have sworn that he had heard something like a purr. The thing moved back inside the bathroom and Tony wanted to see what it was that was on the other side of the fan.

 

Only the other side came out first.

 

A rather large reptilian head came out and looked at him with cold slitted eyes. Tony felt his bladder empty right before him at the sight of such a creature. Feathered crest marked its head like a lion's mane as it hissed at him. It bore razor sharp teeth and a growl escaped its throat. Tony backed up on fear as the creature came out of the bathroom. It looked like a chicken from hell with its reddish feathers and large claws.

 

Now Tony felt the water between his legs as well as the brown squishy stain that left him. The creature came closer to his overweight body. This caused Tony to fall over and onto his back. He whimpered when he tried to cover his face with his hands and awaited his death.

 

When he opened them again the creature was in his face sniffing him from head to toe. Satisfied that he was not what it was looking for it vanished into the darkness.

 

 

Tony being glad to be alive quickly scrambled into the men's room and closed the door locking it in his wake.

 

 

That was when he felt it.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

After giving Tony the keys to the men's room. Marcus out of worry peeked over the counter to look outside. He felt his heart stop when Tony fell to the ground right around the corner and the puddle of water gushing out from between his legs.

 

But that was not the thing that had Marcus wanting to pee his pants as well.

 

It was what came afterwards that had him nearly screaming in fright.

 

Right in front of Tony was the same feathered dinosaur as before. It was standing over Tony sniffing him from head to toe before vanishing in the darkness. Sighing with relief Marcus was just glad that it was gone.

 

Until he felt it.

 

 

The ground gave a sharp shake like a miniature earthquake. It was brief but it was there. Stunned and scared Marcus felt it again as it stomped the ground again.

 

This time louder and closer.

 

As if something rather big was coming closer.

 

Looking out the window like he had earlier Marcus once again dove under the counter.

 

There outside was a not so small dinosaur.

 

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Alan watched as they came near the gas station and saw the tire tracks leading away from it. Nico he could tell had already been here if the scared man behind the counter was anything to go by. Thankfully Alan was safely hidden in Rosco's now fully formed feathers hiding from view. The tyrannosaur had a brilliant shade of green and blue feathers caressing his head as he walked past the gas station.

 

 

Holding on he could hear the distant cries of Nico as the velociraptor was back on the hunt. Rosco gave a reply before he too went after Nico. The man that Alan saw crouching over the counter was only staring at them with wide eyes as they marched away. Sarah was high above him and he whistled for her to follow Nico.

 

 

IN THE STREETS

 

Fuck, fuck FUCK!” Mendosa cursed his luck as the cops seemed to be everywhere. He ditched the car and tried to get away on foot thinking that if he can cross the border then he might be able to stand a chance at getting away. Throwing the girl over his shoulder he went down one alley and then another. Fairview was not Halena so the streets look the same to him.

 

As he turned around the corner he spotted a bear just off to the right trying to get something to eat. The animal then lifted his head up to look at them and resume eating.

 

That is until the wind blew from the west and the bear looked up in alarm. Mendosa froze as the animal sniffed the air. Then he watched the ears pull back and the bear quickly made a retreat.

 

That's a first Mendosa thought as he dragged the girl in the direction the bear traveled.

 

When he passed the house the bear was in front of that was when he felt it.

 

It was subtle at first. Only a quick shake of the earth nothing too serious. He shrugged it off and continued to carry the girl who continued to struggle. Her screams of panic were muffled by the gag he had put on her mouth.

 

The vibration came again, and this time it was a bit more intense then the last time.

 

Something flew overhead but it was so quiet that Mendosa assumed it was an owl.

 

Why does he have the feeling that something was stalking him. Years of living on the streets had him thinking that along those lines. As he turned his head to look there was nothing in the now dark streets. There was nothing but the occasional gust of wind.

 

Araow!” the cry of a frightened cat filled his ears as the said animal raced down the street. It was followed by a whimpering dog. Then several other animals came racing down the road as well. All of them are strays as they were running for their lives.

 

Now Mendosa felt ill at ease as he seen this. It was like watching some sort of horror film as the animals ran.

 

Then he felt the vibrations again. This time closer and louder and with each boom on the ground the earth shook. It was then that Mendosa realized that something was coming.

 

 

Something very VERY big!

 

He knew he had to get out of the street as fast as he could but he did not know where to go.

 

A screech was heard and then a barking call from in the distance. Mendosa moved away from the open road because fear started to build in him. The sound of something flapping alerted him that something was in the air. He could feel it getting louder and louder as he backed away.

 

The ground continued to shake as he moved further down the street. Utter fear now gripped his heart as he saw something large streak across the street beneath the street lamps.

 

That is one UGLY chicken! He thought when he could clearly see the feathers on this creature's body. It disappeared into the shadows once again making Mendosa nervous. He backed away slowly with the girl over his shoulder. The footsteps getting louder and closer. The ground shaking as it did so.

 

A strange barking sound came from behind him and the turned quickly to see what it was.

 

There was nothing...

 

The girl had tears in her eyes as he gave her a death grip. And she struggled against him also afraid of what is out there. The darkness of the streets only hid what was trulyhidden. She was scared that much was certain as she struggled even harder against him.

 

Knock it off bitch!” he said as he adjusted his grip.

 

The girl was relentless with both her hands and feet tied. She tried to get away but Mendosa's grip was tighter. She knew that he would not give up his prize so easily as she tried to get out.

 

What was when she saw something that would burn into her mind.

 

The footsteps that shook the ground came back and this time with more intensity. That was followed by the strange barking sound from before.

 

Was that a dog? The girl thought shaking in fear.

 

That was when she felt it.

 

She could feel the blood leaking from her pad into her clothes.

 

Oh shit! She said.

 

By then Mendosa found another car to break into this one nearby.

 

 

It was a Ford F-150 custom.

 

He threw the girl in the back and smashed through the window with his fist leaving it bleeding out. He then opened the lock and climbed in.

 

Just as he started the engines the shaking grew so intense that the girl thought it was a stampede.

 

What came out from the trees in someone's back yard however changed her thoughts all together.

 

Just as Mendosa started the car and started to pull away something from her nightmares appeared.

 

 

From out of the trees a very large thing came crashing through. It gave a bellowing roar just as Mendosa got the truck in gear and pulled away. The thing gave chase as it stormed after them. Now clearly crying the girl clung to the bottom of the truck and tried to lean as far away from it as possible. She could hear Mendosa cursing in the front seat.

 

Then out of the bushes something came racing after their truck. It was far smaller and faster then the other one. But she could clearly see the feathers on its head. It leaped into the truck causing the girl to scream in horror. The thing took a sniff at her and then between her legs before it confirmed what it found. It then started to lick her face and gave some soft purrs.

 

The girl was alarmed but not so alarmed as to see that it was not going to hurt her. Then it turned to the man in front. She can clearly see the sharp claws on its forelimbs.

 

Especially the very large ones on the big toes. It barked into the air and ducked when they came near a low hanging tree.

 

That was when Mendosa tried to swerve to get the animal off. It quickly grasp the sides with its claws and reared back its head. Then rammed it into the back glass. Mendosa slammed on the breaks forcing the animal in further. The girl backed away afraid the claws were going to slice her.

 

They stayed well clear of her as she was flat against the front. The thing pulled out and went after Mendosa who tried to make a run for it leaving her behind. The thing leaped off and raced after Mendosa leaving the girl to the clearly larger animal.

 

The nearby screams was all that she could hear. The large thing kept getting closer and closer to her and she tried to scream but the gag prevented her from screaming. As she leaned back the large monster in front of her leaned in and she could see it sniffing her. Just like the other one did.

 

The deep rumble that it made sounded almost like an elephant and its massive teeth was what the girl was staring at the whole time. Then it opened its mouth and scooped her closer to it with its tongue. She started to panic but then it gently took her in its mouth and lifted her from the truck. The girl could feel the serrated teeth but they were very gentle with her as she was taken from the now crashed vehicle and placed very carefully down on the ground.

 

The nearby screams from Mendosa did not concern her now as she was clearly in shock. The large monster gently put her down on the ground and nudged her gently with his snout. It gave a roar that was very loud and very deep. The girl trembled in fear but the animal only looked down at her with a deep rumble.

 

Then to her surprise it started to clean her.

 

 

Good boy Rosco!” a male voice said and she could barely make out a man who ran down the street towards them. The girl screamed to try and get him to back off but he knelt in front of her.

 

Its ok, its ok he is not going to hurt you,” the man said and to her shock patted the large snout down.

 

Go help Nico!” he said and the large creature lumbered off.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Alan had helped the girl up. She seemed to be in shock at the sight of his dinosaurs. The screams from the man down the street and Nico's screeching didn't help either. He used his pocket knife to cut away at the bindings and then helped her with her gag.

 

Are you alright miss?” he asked.

 

The girl was now clearly crying in fear and shock.

 

Alan held her close like he would do to his sister or his niece. Many people would have thought that he hated kids, but he and Ellie used to play that game a lot around the volunteers back at the dig.

 

The sound of someone screaming could be heard getting closer. Alan looked up in time to see Rosco coming back with Mendosa in his jaws. The man was not dead but he was not getting out of trouble either.

 

 

 

What is that?” the girl said clinging to Alan still clearly frightened.

 

Oh him he is a Tyrannosaurus Rex a dinosaur,” he replied.

 

D...di...dinosaur?” the girl said clearly scared.

 

Yeah this is Rosco he is a Tyrannosaurus Rex and that guy there is Nico a mutant Velociraptor though I think he is closer to a Utahraptor, but I will not bore you with the details.” Alan said

 

Dinosaurs? You own Dinosaurs?” the girl said still in a bit of shock.

 

Look why don't we get you to someplace safe your father and the Sheriff are looking for you,” Alan said.

 

Um ok....Mr?” the girl asked.

 

Oh sorry where are my manners you can call me Alan,” Alan replied.

 

Ok sir,” the girl replied.

 

Alan then made some clicking sounds and Rosco lowered himself down. He quickly helped the girl onto his back while Alan himself did the same thing. The girl was surprised that Alan held her gently as the dinosaur gotten up. Her shock wore off a bit and bewilderment came to her as she found herself being risen from the ground.

 

Now hold on,” Alan said and they rose up into the air. The girl screamed in surprise as Rosco suddenly moved.

 

Mendosa was still in his jaws screaming in agony and in fear.

 

When they found the roadblock already the Sheriff was there waiting for them. Rosco did not let go of Mendosa even when Alan had gotten off with the girl.

 

Rosco drop it!” Alan called.

 

Rosco shook his head a bit too roughly and the sickening sound of bones crunching made Alan wince.

 

Rosco!” Alan said.

 

Nico chose at that moment to show up and and began to leap up at the food in Rosco's mouth. Rosco was hungry that much Alan can tell and without sharing pulled his head back and ate the man. There was blood everywhere and Nico was more then happy to slurp up the remains even a finger or two. When the police had gotten closer Rosco roared and everyone backed away in fear.

 

Alan rolled his eyes knowing his dinosaurs and had gotten closer. Nico was the first to snap at him but Alan was not afraid. “Nico! Cut that out right now!” he said standing taller and staring at the raptor in the eye. Nico would not be denied his meal and started to hiss. His red feathers raised in an aggressive display.

 

Nico....” Alan warned and added a growl to his voice making his eyes hard and fierce. He had been in enough fights with Nico to leave scars. Many of them requiring stitches but he was able to pick up speed when dealing with the raptor to avoid his claws.

 

Well his killing claws.

 

The staring contest continued with Nico wagging his tail back and forth in agitation.

 

Dr. Grant?” the voice of the Sheriff said.

 

Nico eventually backed off by lowering his head and whining. Alan stood his ground knowing if he backed down now Nico can still attack. Eventually the Raptor submitted by lowering his tail and giving slow swipes. Then when Alan came closer he lowered himself further not making eye contact whining like a dog.

 

Alan then submitted and stroked the raptor on the head letting him know that everything was fine. Nico then nudged his head under Alan's chin and started licking his neck and chin like wolves do. Alan reassured him with rubbing his neck and patting his side. It was a sign of reassurance that all is well.

 

Rosco on the other hand was a bit more difficult.

 

Since the T-Rex ate the man whole he roared in Alan's face. Blood and bits of gore splattered all across his face. Alan could see the local police and the Sheriff's men all with guns ready stare at him in horror. Alan rolled his eyes and stood his ground. Rosco continued on his rants as he stomped his foot and his feathers puffing up in a large display. But Alan stared at him in the eye and did not back down. Just like what he did with Nico he will not give in to Rosco. The T-Rex continued his bluff while Alan gave him a good glare as he did not listen.

 

It was also then that Sarah came into view. The pteranodon landed on the ground near Alan ready to fight as well but Alan did not back down.

 

He knew that Rosco can kill him when he charged but he played this game so often that he knows what to do.

 

The T-Rex tried to take a bite out of him having been angered at being denied his meal. But Alan simply moved out of the way using the force of Rosco's charge to unbalance the dinosaur.

 

Sometimes being small does have its advantages.

 

He just simply rolled out of the way and under the dinosaur. Causing Rosco to lose balance and fall head over heals until his legs are up in the air and his back to the ground. Sarah being startled moved out of the way knowing better then to attack her alpha. When he was on the ground again did Alan approach and glared. His blue-grey eyes hard on the Tyrannosaur.

 

Rosco gave a pitiful cry as he finally submitted and Alan patted his snout for reassurance. The T-Rex then rolled over and slowly gotten up using his head as a means to push. When he was back on his feet again Alan patted him down to show him that he is not mad. The low rumble from Rosco was enough to know that he is sorry.

 

The people only looked at him in awe.

 

Wanting reassurance Sarah also walked up to him and with a whine putting her beak to his side. Alan wrapped his arm around her head and patted her beak. He found out that it is a way of reassurance for a pterosaur and it reinforces family bonds. She butted him a bit wanting more attention like she usually does. That is why he named her Sarah as his way to know that she is a princess.

 

Wow that was so cool!” an officer said and he tried to approach only for Rosco to suddenly growl low in his throat.

 

Don't move!” Alan said and the man stopped.

 

Never approach a dinosaur like that especially a T-Rex he will attack and eat you if you do. I can't stop him when he goes like this. He was hungry when he ate that man and will regret it later but for now just keep back,” Alan warned.

 

The officer immediately backed off. Alan knew he was young by the look on his face. Once again Alan reassured Rosco by wrapping his arm across the top of his snout.

 

Don't worry boy there will be plenty of food when we get home,” he said

 

Nico being more social started approaching while many officers had their guns up.

 

Nico!” Alan said.

 

The raptor stopped in his tracks and looked towards Alan. His dictating membrane moved rapidly across his eye.

 

No,” Alan said and glared and Nico backed down before going back to where he was.

 

It was by then that another car pulled up and this time someone else emerged.

 

Daddy!” the girl said as she ran up to her father.

 

Mikka? MIKKA!” Malcolm said as he rushed out to his daughter and held her in a tight embrace.

 

Nico seeing this became alarmed until Alan quickly gave a hissing sound like that of another raptor. Nico quickly backed down. Rosco rose from his position and walked over. His thundering footsteps shook the ground and everyone was ready for what happens next.

 

Hold you fire!” Alan said, “You will only make him mad,”

 

Malcolm stiffened when the T-Rex approached and bent down. Shielding his daughter behind him he was trapped between the truck that he came out of, and the dinosaur.

 

Alan was worried and went to step in front and call Rosco off when he took a sniff at the man in front. Malcolm was frozen in fear and was even more shocked when Rosco gently pushed him aside to get to the girl Mikka.

 

He sniffed her scent and Mikka was frozen. Only when Rosco butted his nose in and whined that she finally gotten the hint. Slowly she reached out and stroked the large dinosaur. Then it turned into a glomping hug as she held him.

 

Alan breathed a sigh of relief seeing as Rosco only wanted a hug. He knew this game well for he had used it many times. Most of the time when they were younger he would play with them a find me game. Sometimes he had Ellie come over to help since she is the other person they imprinted on. Rosco would be the one who wanted attention the most.

 

Next to Sarah.

 

You saved me...thank you...um what is his name?” she asked Alan.

 

Rosco his name is Rosco,” Alan replied.

 

Thank you Rosco,” she said.

 

The T-Rex then did something that threw a lot of people off. Like a big dog he gave her a big lick across her side.

 

Eww dino slobber,” she giggled.

 

Alan wanted to laugh but he knew that he better get his animals home before someone else started something.

 

Putting his two fingers together he gave a sharp whistle calling Rosco. The large dinosaur pulled away slowly and reared up looking at Alan. Alan whistled again and Rosco returned to Alan who patted his snout.

 

Alright it is time to go home boys,” he said

 

Rosco and Nico took this as their cue to seeing the flatbed trailer behind the police cars. Having been trained to ride in the back of such a vehicle Rosco and Nico knew what to do. Both dinosaurs climbed in the back of the trailer and in Rosco's case walk through the side door made for him. Sarah, Alan knew was tired as she went in after Rosco. There was enough room for all three of them seeing as it was a long trailer with a bit of width to it so they don't feel so confined. It was an old cattle trailer that Alan and a few other volunteers cooked up that they adjusted and made for the dinosaurs. It took a bit of training and a lot of effort to make them feel comfortable with riding in it. They also knew that there sometimes if they are good an extra treat for them. In this case a large piece of meat was waiting for Rosco and Nico. Sarah usually doesn't eat and just got herself comfortable before taking a snooze.

 

Alan then gotten towards the passenger's side of the truck ready to climb aboard. When he felt his shirt being tugged.

 

Thank you Alan,” the girl said.

 

You're welcome,” Alan said and was surprised when she gave him a hug.

 

Alan returned the hug before he gotten into the vehicle to head on home. He knew Spitz was getting anxious and needed to be fed along with the rest of his animals. So he headed on out hoping that he is not going to be the one to clean up the mess when Rosco and Nico finally get sick. Eating humans does not do well on the digestive system.

 

 

To Be Continued.....

Chapter 4: What in the World

Summary:

When InGen Meets Alan's Dinosaurs

Notes:

Ok I am going to try to transfer at least two chapters at a time since this is already posted on Fanfiction.net so that you can enjoy them more.

Chapter Text

Now when Alan returned home with Rosco and Nico, what he did not expect was a frantic man in a suit. He was running for his life while Frankie was busy trying to claw his eyes out.

 

Getting out of the truck Alan quickly rushed over and caught Frankie before he could do any more damage.

 

I am so sorry sir!” he said holding onto a very angry Frankie and thank God he has his gloves on. For the little dinosaur started to bite at his hand because he did not like being handled like that.

 

Ow you little shit! Frankie CUT IT OUT!” Alan said and the little dinosaur hissed at the man.

 

Frankie!” he said and walked over to the lower door to the house and threw him in.

 

Alan knows that Frankie will just fly out the back way and attack the man again. But at least this will stall him.

 

The man made an attempt to wipe the blood off his face. And the shaking from the trailer made Alan aware of the larger dinosaurs in the back.

 

Here get in the trailer and don't come out till I am done settling my other animals ok?” he said and the man only nodded.

 

Alan walked back to his trailer and pulled the lever.

 

The first one out was of course Rosco as the T-Rex gave a low rumble before heading towards his nest. The T-Rex went to the food troth that held his chopped up snacks for if they can't get a cow ready in time. Plus it tends to have treats that he likes especially a nice fat boar and some bear meat....oh he likes the taste of bear all juicy with all that fat.

 

Next was Nico as the raptor bound out of the trailer. His feathers where looking a little haphazard with all the straw sticking to them. He shook himself before he headed towards the house to start grooming.

 

The last one out was Sarah as the pteranodon only hobbled towards the house. The large door on the other side was a nice place to curl up for a nap. She was tired and hungry so she headed over to where the food was for her and ate her fill.

 

Tank having heard the trailer lumbered slowly over. She was eating some stray weeds that grew near the border to the yard. She likes to keep it that way. The forest surrounding their house was filled with delicious ferns that she just loves to munch on. She heard the trailer leave to go around back and Alan standing there with a man that had just gotten out of the front.

 

He smelled bad and over powering. Tank snorted as she returned to her feeding.

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

I am so sorry I was not expecting visitors so soon,” Alan said helping the man into his house after chasing Spitz out into the main dinosaur room. The Dilophosaur was not happy by it, but he obeyed none the less...well after he sent a chunk of venomous spit towards the man. Lucky Alan had fast reflexes and blocked it with a chopping board. The dinosaur screamed as his frill was up all the way but Alan was quick. He grabbed his dinosaur by the head and threw him into the reinforce steel door and into the dinosaur section of the house.

 

Once that was settled he threw the chopping board into the sink and soaked it in hot water to get the glob out. Then he pulled another rag soaked it in hot water and offered it to the suited man.

 

Here rub this on the areas you put your cologne on. That is what is upsetting my dinosaurs,” Alan said.

 

The man looked at him like he didn't get it.

 

Alan signed, “Dinosaurs have a very keen sense of smell, and they don't like it when people are wearing very pungent perfumes. So please if you want to live take my advice and clean that crap off.” Alan said

 

The man quickly obliged as he quickly rubbed the cloth which he can smell the soap across his neck, face and hands. His clothes being slightly pungent of the odor also were wiped down to get the smell off as much as possible.

 

When he was done and passed the cloth back to Alan the man sighed.

 

Now that the odor is off what do I owe the pleasure of this visit Mr....?” Alan asked.

 

I'm sorry were are my manners, I am David Chow I am here representing In-Gen.” he said offering his hand.

 

What does In-Gen want with me?” Alan asked.

 

Well when we heard that you had dinosaurs on your property we had to investigate ourselves. We were too busy at the time to fully investigate, but after reviewing the Sheriff's reports of the missing girl we could not hold it off no longer. So tell me Dr. where did you get your dinosaurs?” David asked.

 

 

You know you are the first person to ask me that question,” Alan said as he gotten some coffee from the refrigerator.

 

A rumble was heard as Rosco lifted his head up from the door. Alan leaned over the rail and gave the Tyrannosaur a pat on his snout. Satisfied the dinosaur went to curl up to sleep. Nico too was tired as the raptor did not even bother to come up the ramp to the main floor. He instead went on Rosco's back and curled up. His soft snores filled the room as Sarah flew in and landed on her perch. She only had to tuck her head under her wings and she was out.

 

Alright Dr. Grant since now that your animals are settled. Can we get on to our discussion on where you animals came from?” the man said.

 

Well that is a funny story really,” Alan said and relayed how he found the dinosaur eggs in a crate. How they hatched and how he imprinted on them. When he was done he went into his room and pulled up a box. The box contained several egg shells and all of them had bar codes.

 

I often wondered where my eggs came from? Why are you asking me these questions? Are the eggs yours?” Alan asked.

 

My clients asked me to look into this situation and after seeing your animals I will have to make a few inquires. But first if I may I need a blood sample from each animal just to make sure. If you know what In-Gen is we are a genetics company that works on studying genetics. If these animals genetic codes match that of our records then these animals belong to us. But seeing as you already claimed ownership through legal means we will not pursue your ownership. However that will be up to the board of directors. So if you don't mind Dr?” Mr. Chow said showing him the sampling kit.

 

Let me do it they don't know you and especially Rosco might try to eat you.” Alan said as he had gotten up.

 

He was a bit sad to hear it but in a way if they are indeed In-Gen's property. Then Alan might have no choice but to give them up. However when he returned with the blood samples Mr. Chow nodded before shaking Alan's hand again.

 

I will be back in a few weeks with the results. If they are positive then I will let you know about our results, but until then I have a pamphlet for you to look at. It holds information about the company that I work for and what we do for a living. So I shall return with the results have a good day Dr. Grant,” Mr. Chow said as he walked out the door but not before looking out for any more fliers.

 

Frankie thankfully was on his perch in the living room watching the man cautiously. It was not good for him to leave his alpha behind.

 

About two days later a car pulled up to the house. It was a white Toyota Camry. This one looked like it had been through the dirt a few times. The door opened to reveal a blonde woman about her mid thirties she was dressed in jeans and a light blue shirt.

 

Tank who had been eating nearby lifted her head when the wind shifted catching the scent. Immediately she made her way over to the blonde woman. Her happy grunts was all that the other dinos needed before they came racing out.

 

Hi Tank you big girl you miss me?” The woman said as she leaned down and gave Tank's head a good shake and rub down. Tank like a cartoon character rolled her tongue out and gave a happy bellow. From the sky a dark shadow came and Sarah landed right on top of Tank her happy screeches filled the air along side Tank's bellowing.

 

And how's my princess doing? Are you being a good girl?” The blond woman said as she kissed the top of the Pteranodon's beak. Sarah gave a happy whistle glad to see the woman.

 

Two others screeched with happiness when they saw the woman. The first was Nico as the raptor came bounding around the corner and headbutted the woman. She laughed as his happy croons and decorative feathers rubbed against her. Laughing the woman have the raptor a hug being mindful of his sharp claws.

 

The second one was of course Spitz. The Dilophosaur did not care for the cold this time even though it was obvious that he was cold. He was whining happily his tail waging rapidly like a dog. He hooted and whined as he rubbed his head against the woman's side.

 

Yes I missed you two, you are so sweet,”

 

The woman walked towards the house with the dinosaurs in tow. They were like lost puppies when they saw her and they were glad that they got to see the woman again.

 

When she entered the house Alan was busy working on Rosco's belly. Since he ate pretty much the entire human from their search and rescue trip. He was suffering from a major case of indigestion. Nico who only had a smaller portion only had a minor case of diarrhea for about a few hours.

 

Rosco on the other hand ate the whole human and is now suffering for it. Alan was busy rubbing his belly the poor thing. The sound of gas coming out and the rancid smell was all the woman needed to know that the poor dinosaur was in a lot of pain.

 

Frankie on the other hand was on Rosco's stomach trying to preen his feathers and pull at his proto-feathers. He then started on Rosco's teeth but Alan swatted him away.

 

Oh no bad enough I had to deal with Nico I will not deal with you too Frankie,” Alan said.

 

Alan?” the Blonde woman said.

 

Alan's head lifted up from where he was massaging Rosco's belly. The T-Rex looked happy when he saw the woman and thumped his tail.

 

Ellie? OH my God Ellie how are you!” Alan said as he got up and gave his friend a hug.

 

I am fine we miss you at the dig,” she said.

 

I know things have been hectic around here,” Alan said.

 

So I've heard, listen did a strange man come by here by the name of Chow?” Ellie said.

 

Yeah two days ago to take samples of the dinosaur's blood. He said that the eggs that we found might be theirs. Though I am confused as to why wait five years before coming to look for their dinosaurs?” Alan asked.

 

Well I looked up the company and did some digging. They are a genetics company that cloned dinosaurs Alan. They are mostly keeping it hush hush but Mark knew a guy who was a supplier for them in Costa Rica. He was the one who told me about it. Alan I am worried what will happen if the dinosaurs do belong to In-Gen?” Ellie said.

 

I don't know but I do know one thing. Since they lost the eggs and the dinosaurs imprinted on me and you then they have no say. They have to do something totally illegal to get my dinosaurs. And by God I will kick some people seriously in the ass for doing this,” Alan said.

 

Or you can send Rosco in there with some ketchup,” Ellie joked remembering an event years ago.

 

 

MONATANA 1988

 

 

Ok so what are we going to do?” Ellie said looking down at the newly hatched bunch of dinosaurs.

 

Or dinosaurs and one pterosaur.

 

There were six in total a baby T-Rex which was the oldest and the first hatched. The baby was busy sleeping on the bed next to what appears to be a ankylosaur from what Alan can identify. The ankylosaur being a herbivore devoured the salad that Alan managed to find. The baby pterosaur which they managed to identify as a pteranodon was sleeping on top of Alan's pillows. The smaller dinosaurs have yet to be identified but one in particular had Alan studying it rather closely.

 

It had two rather small crests on its head just barely formed due to its time in the egg. But if his guess is right then this was a dilophosaurus a rare find indeed in these parts. The little dinosaur was still awake and active. Having eaten its fill it lounged around on the bed with the other small dinosaur that Alan was trying to identify. The sickle shaped claw on its feet means it belonged to the same family that he is currently digging up.

 

The skeleton outside identified it as a species similar to a Deinonychus, but the head was formed wrong. He had to think in his head what species of dinosaur this one was. He racked his brains till finally it hit him... Velociraptor . The other baby was a velociraptor. Though somethings are slightly off but a velociraptor all the same.

 

But what was a velociraptor doing in North America?

 

Now the last baby however baffled Alan. The egg was hatched a dinosaur he could not identify. Its arms were longer then the rest and he looked like a typical dinosaur. The only thing was his longer arms and strange arrangement for his fingers. Instead of the middle finger being longer. It was the finger farthest away that was the longest. That finger Alan knew would have been more for a pterosaur like the pteranodon then this little guy. Little teeth could be seen as it yawned. It like the other babies had large eyes that had a dictating membrane that cleans them.

 

Right now all the babies were either curled up on the bed or exploring the bed. This little guy was exploring the bed with the baby ankylosaur.

 

So what shall we call them?” Ellie asked.

 

I have no idea,” Alan said his hand currently was on the baby T-Rex. The little guy was snoozing next to the raptor while the ankylosaur went off to explore with the strange looking dinosaur.

 

The dinosaur in question was busy grooming itself.

 

You know that guy reminds me of Frankie Roberts. You know the guy who kept trying to steal your doughnuts whenever you visited a Krispy Kreme in town?” Ellie said.

 

So you want me to name this guy after a food thief?” Alan said.

 

Yeah since he has arms long enough to steal something until we figure out what he is,” Ellie said.

 

He?” Alan said.

 

Well it could be a she but the thing looks like a he,” Ellie replied.

 

Alan sighed he has to figure it out somehow and the name Frankie is definitely a bi-gender name.

 

Alright Frankie it is,” Alan said.

 

So how are we going to figure out the gender?” Ellie asked.

 

Well we need to get blood samples first I know a guy who can do this quietly. He is the local vet down in town. Sometimes I have to take people's pets down to make sure they are not contaminated with rabies or have eaten any of our preservatives,” Alan said.

 

Why do we even have them with us?” Ellie asked.

 

Don't ask me I only found out after they arrived. The only one actually allowed to have one is Steven since he is disabled. The poor kid is blind but I give him credit on finding fossils. He knows how to find them in the dirt without any eyes,” Alan said.

 

You are so mean!” Ellie joked.

 

Am not! I am just stating a fact,” Alan said.

 

The dinosaur named Frankie yawned revealing sharp teeth before finally curling up to sleep. Alan could not help but think he was rather cute with his overly large eyes and dinosaur features.

 

A squeaking was heard as the baby Ankylosaur fell over. Reaching down Alan helped pick it up and watch it squirm for a bit before looking at him. It gave a squeaky snort as it let out a nice little fart.

 

Well you are obviously not hurt,” he said.

 

Whoa cool!” a voice said and Alan turned to find one of his volunteers looking at the dinosaurs.

 

The volunteer looked sheepish as he rubbed the back of his head, “Sorry Dr. Grant I was going to check up on the eggs, but I see that the eggs had already hatched,” he said.

 

Yes you can see that and do you mind closing the door before any of them decide to get out or catch a cold. I don't know if they can handle the climate yet,” Alan said.

 

Yes sir,” the volunteer said before he closed the door. Out of all of them it was little Frankie who wanted to get out. But Alan was quick to catch him and place him on the bed.

 

Alright what shall we name them I know this guy I got here we named Frankie so what about the rest?” Alan said.

 

Um I got one for the Ankylosaur there,” the Volunteer said.

 

Oh really and what is it?” Ellie asked.

 

Well she looks like a little Tank so why not call her that Tank the Ankylosaur!” the Volunteer replied.

 

Alright...um how about the T-Rex?” Alan asked.

 

Um.....I don't know that one we will have to see....” The Volunteer said.

 

By then the T-Rex awoke to the noise. It lifted his head to glare before facing its back to them.

 

Um do we know what gender they are?” the Volunteer asked.

 

Nope I was going to see if we can get a vet to check them out,” Alan replied.

 

I think I know someone who can keep their mouth shut and check out the animals... she is rather good and better then the other one,” the Volunteer said.

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

Ellie had laughed when they remembered that day. They had not named all the hatchlings at once. Some took nearly a week before they were named mainly because they wanted to know the gender of the animal involved. Ellie had felt so sorry for the vet that had paid them a visit but it was well worth it in the end.

 

Rosco at this time gave a low rumble before a gurgling sound was heard. Then a large smelly pile was found on the ground just off to the back. It was really watery and Ellie managed to get the hose from off to the side and wash it down the drain that was in the room. The smell was horrendous but at least Rosco was feeling better. She even found pieces of clothing from his meal.

 

Eww Rosco that is just gross!” she said while cleaning up the mess. Rosco did it a few more times to show he has diarrhea which for a T-Rex is miserable.

 

Aw man that is just disgusting Rosco!” she said while the Tyrannosaur only rumbled in reply.

 

Alan in the meantime continued to rub his belly with a large roller to sooth the dinosaur. While Ellie went to get the medicine from the vet. She knew where they are kept because Alan had showed her around the house before. When she came back Alan had rubbed the cream along Rosco's belly and made him ingest it from his tongue. The dinosaur was grateful as he rumbled his pleasure.

 

When Rosco was taken care of the dinosaur had dozed off leaving Alan free to clean himself up. Ellie waited till he was done before she too went to wash off the dino dung from herself. At least the good thing was that she was going to spend a few days at this place. Mark knew of course how close she and Alan were and was inclined to let her have fun with her best friend. He was not inclined however to dealing with the dinosaurs.

 

The Tyrannosaur was more then happy to lay on his stomach on the cool ground while the two got to catch up to the news events.

 

Nico was busy playing with Spitz while Frankie watched from Alan's shoulder. The smallest dinosaur was currently enjoying a snack of a rather large roach that was seen flying into the house. The Archeopteryx took quick care of the insect and is currently eating it slowly. Roaches were Frankie's favorite snack and the little guy enjoys eating them away.

 

Ellie in the meantime was petting Spitz who adored the attention. Especially when Ellie remembered where his favorite spot was. The Dilophosaur was currently enjoying her hands on his neck and rubbing that sweet spot. The hooting purrs he is currently making made Ellie laugh.

 

So what have you found out about In-Gen?” Alan asked.

 

Well like I said before they are a genetics company that is famous for making a lot of animals no longer extinct. They also specialize in naturally modifying the aspects of plants without splicing genes. They are real competitors to say Monsanto for instance. But one thing I was worried about Alan was that they suddenly taken an interest in the dinosaurs. I had my suspicions, but this? Alan I bet these guys created our dinosaurs!” Ellie said.

 

I would not know that till I get the results. Now Chow was not so sure about it, but he said he would look into it. That crate came to us for a reason Ellie and I would put up one hell of a fight to make sure our animals are safe. They consider you their mom you know,” Alan replied.

 

I know but you know that Mark will not approve of them at our home,” Ellie replied sadly. She loved the dinosaurs all of them, and being that she and Alan consider themselves siblings...well as close as siblings her fiance had no problems with her spending a few days with the man.

 

After all they grew up together and if Mark were to say something about it Ellie would cut ties to him. After all family was family and Alan was as close to family as she can get.

 

Rosco chose that time to let gas flow again from his back side as the Tyrannosaur rumbled.

 

Aw poor baby you have a bad tummy ache,” Ellie said as she gave Rosco's head a hug. The dinosaur crooned when she did this and she leaned down on his snout. The dinosaur loved the attention and nudged her gently to show his appreciating. Though she was not there most of the time the animals still remembered her. A headbutt was received from behind as Tank begged for attention as well.

 

Oh alright you get some love too,” she said as she hugged the Ankylosaur's head. Frankie chose that time to try and play with Ellie as he snatched her hair pin.

 

Hey! Frankie you little shit!” she said as the Archeopteryx flew away towards his little spot on the railing high above them.

 

Frankie give that back now!” Alan called.

 

Frankie only chattered at them before going off to play with Ellie's pin.

 

Laughing they both made their way upstairs.

 

There they had Nico who had made his way up curled up in his nest. Spitz looked up and bound over also demanding attention. Ellie gave the Dilophosaur a hug while he repeated the action to her. This trick she taught him when he was smaller about three years ago. The dinosaur never forgot and if he wanted attention he would open his arms up and hoot for a hug.

 

Ellie was more then happy to give him a hug. The dinosaur loved it as he nuzzled into her hair enjoying her scent. Nico looked up after a bit and laid back down relaxing.

 

Alright you, don't play tough guy with me get over here you feather brain!” Ellie laughed at the raptor. Nico then bound up to Ellie as he nuzzled her too wanting her attention as much as Spitz. The Raptor repeated the same gesture that she taught them and she gave them both a hug. Being careful with his larger claws Nico liked his surrogate mother. She then rubbed his nose in the spot he liked and he nudged her hand for more.

 

Still the charmer as always Nico,” she said. Alan had to smile at the attention the dinosaurs gave to her.

 

Sarah chose that time to fly up to the railing after her nap, and thankfully it was made just in case the pteranodon decided to come up. She squawked for attention which she was gladly given by her on the beak. Sarah was more then happy to have her share of attention as the pterosaur crooned and whistled her happiness.

 

Remember that time when Sarah first learned to fly?” Ellie said.

 

Yes, who could have forgotten that it was when we took a trip to the lake and someone just had to goad the pteranodon,” Alan said.

 

Yeah what a surprise they thought Sarah had fins instead of wings,” Ellie said laughing.

 

LATER THAT DAY

 

The rest of the time was spent catching up while Alan was driving to the dig site. The dinosaurs were accompanying them to the site. They are a hit with the volunteers and students there. Tank loves the attention as the lumbering giant moved under them. Alan and Ellie figured they go for a ride on the big girl. They decided to go check out the dig since Alan had not paid them a visit in sometime. Ellie had been telling him of the new skeleton they had just dug up of a Utahraptor.

 

It is a magnificent specimen Alan you should have been there to see it!” Ellie explained as they climbed up the hill. Tank only rumbled her pleasure at the long walk. The ankylosaur loved to travel and this was one of them. Even if it was only twenty miles north of the house.

 

Nico and Sarah enjoyed the outing too. Rosco stayed behind too sick to join them along with Spitz and Frankie. When they arrived Tank gave a bellow in greetings startling many volunteers as she made her presence known. Sarah chose that time to perch on her favorite trailer which was at the far end. The tell tale sign she was there before shown on the many scratches and cleaned up piles of dung.

 

People cleared out of the way when the giant entered the dig. She was careful around the area where the skeleton was found as she was taught to do. Tank for someone who weighs several tons loves the attention she gives to the skeleton. It was in a sense her way to honor the dead. She lumbered till she gotten to Alan's old trailer before letting her passengers off. Both scientists laughed as they saw the satisfying looks on their student's faces.

 

Patting Tank on the head he went to where he normally keeps her feed and water which was off to the side. Sarah likes to scare the newcomers as she opens her wings and gave a screech.

 

Nico likes to intimidate them with his screeching to which the older more experienced volunteers and students found funny. One of them who has a son that was rather overweight remembers Nico and has some treats for him. Usually some dog treats and some raccoons he caught back at home.

 

Today however since Alan gave them a fair warning he brought the raccoon. Nico was delighted when the boy opened the cage and the animal tried to escape; only to be eaten by Nico.

 

Nico then went to the nearby water trough for them and washed off the excess blood. Nico likes the boy as he would often times play small games with him. The boy was no older then about twelve years old, but still the dinosaur found the boy's presence to be amusing.

 

Hey Dr. Grant where are the others?” the boy asked.

 

Rosco is not feeling so good so he is staying home to rest. And it is too cold out for Spitz and Frankie so they are staying home to keep Rosco company,” Alan replied.

 

I hope they feel better,” the boy said.

 

Alan smiled he enjoyed the boy's company since the child was more then a big help on the dig. “Don't worry Owen they will be fine Rosco just ate a bad man that is all,” Alan joked with the kid.

 

He ate a man?” the young Owen said to Alan.

 

Yeah, the man was a bad man, I am sure you will read about it in the newspaper or listen to it on the radio,” Alan said.

 

Is that why Rosco is sick? Did the man eat something that made him that way?” young Owen asked.

 

No, eating people always makes Rosco and the others sick. We don't do well in their stomachs,” Alan replied.

 

Oh,” Owen said which caused Alan to smile.

 

The Grady family has always been there from the start, and young Owen was always welcomed to the dig. In fact he had a special place with Nico and Spitz seeing as the smaller carnivores always loved to play with the kid.

 

Owen himself is an overweight kid. His bright enthusiastic eyes, and the way he carried himself made him the perfect babysitter for the smaller dinosaurs. Especially the carnivores such as Nico and Spitz.

 

Rosco and Frankie loved Mrs. Grady who was standing off to the side cleaning the fossils. Mr. Grady was more for Tank and Sarah since those two are his favorite dinosaurs.

 

The Grady family and the Attenboroughs were the longest running volunteer family to ever work on the dig. Their kids enjoy coming here as well and are fast friends.

 

At least they make perfect babysitters to the dinosaurs.

 

The kids had been around since the dinosaur's birth so they were included in the family. The animals loved them especially Rosco and Sarah.

 

Alan made his way away from the young Owen towards his father Richard Grady. Now Richard is a well built man having worked construction for many years as a geologist and then as a foreman in the mines in Canada. Both of which was hard working jobs. Now because of an injury the man had to retire from the mines and now is working with Alan on his digs. Jessica who is Richard's wife is a vet so that made her better at caring for the dinosaurs then anyone Alan knew about.

 

A rumble made Alan turn to see Nico on the ground with his belly in the air. Young Owen and his sister a five year old Maria was enjoying rubbing the feathers on Nico's belly. The raptor loves when the children do this and would often times roll over while they play with him. Raptors as Alan found out are very affectionate to their young....or at least to children. Maybe its because of their scent which makes them want to investigate a child. Such as in Nico's case.

 

Sarah was enjoying the attention she was getting from Mrs. Attenborough. She is as the rather elderly woman, a retired paleontologist. The woman was well into her sixties and she was the one who identified Frankie for Alan when they were first hatched. The old woman could not stay at her retirement home for long and wanted to come out into the field once more. Now since most fossil digs are considered too harsh for the old woman. Alan's dig in the badlands proved to be the ideal place for the elderly woman.

 

She in turn proved to be a feisty old woman and when Alan hatched his dinos she was more then happy to take over the dig. The old woman was the one who made the call about the newly discovered fossil.

 

Alan wasted no time following Ellie towards where the fossil was being dug up. There he was able to really identify it as the newly discovered Utahraptor. This one was a perfect specimen meaning that their range was farther north then they had first anticipated.

 

Shit!” Alan said identifying the dinosaur.

 

Shit indeed Dr. Grant we only just discovered it earlier this week. I thought it was another herbivore or probably another Tyrannosaur. But when we started digging it turns out to be a Utahraptor. This is an amazing find and an entire skeleton to boot!” Mrs. Attenborough said as she dug up the skeleton herself.

 

Are you sure you want to do this Lizbeth because if not then I would be more then....” Alan started but Mrs. Attenborough stopped him.

 

Alan Grant don't you dare cuddle me! I am sixty five years of age and still walking! So don't you come up to me and tell me a thing or two of digging dinosaurs. I have been doing this job long before you even get out of your mother's pussy hole. So don't tell me how to dig up a dinosaur!” she snapped and everyone at the dig stopped what they were doing and stared.

 

Alan had to cringe at being scolded by the older paleontologist. The woman was like a mentor to him and he does not want to lose that. So he eventually sighed reluctantly as he walked over to the skeleton in the ground. Already the cold winds of autumn mark the end of the digging season and he was afraid of what might happen if they lose this one.

 

We can always use that dinosaur's help there. Tank is very good at digging things up,” the old woman said.

 

Alan had to smile as he turned to her, “Yeah and she is quite destructive when she wants to be.”

 

Don't let that fool you boy where is your sense of adventure?” Mrs. Attenborough said.

 

We can place the markers here and hope the weather does not screw it up. Don't worry the trailers aren't going anywhere. They had been here for years so they are not leaving any time soon lad,” she said as she walked towards the skeleton.

 

Nico and Owen were already there watching the adults dig out the bones carefully.

 

Just cover the bloody thing up we don't have the weather to finish it.” she said not liking the changes in the weather. The fall weather can be cruel in this part of the Badlands. So they set up a shelter that would hopefully preserve the dig till they come back the following spring. Alan was a bit disappointed, but the approaching dark clouds were the give away. The old lady had it in her she could tell the weather without any instruments.

 

That night it rained hard. Tank and Sarah loved it as they cleaned themselves in the mud. But Nico was not too thrilled by it.

 

The raptor had taken shelter in the Grady's trailer since it was the largest. The boy had been delighted to have the dinosaur over. Alan was a bit worried but when the following morning came it also came with a surprise.

 

Yep that raptor sure was attached to Owen. The boy was sleeping with a smile on his face when we came in. Nico sounded like he was singing in his sleep which we found rather cute,” Richard said the next morning.

 

Alan and Ellie had to laugh at the mental image of a singing Nico. Ellie even came up with him in a suit and tie in front of the mike.

 

Looking out they spotted young Owen and Nico playing with Sarah. The pteranodon had her wings open to catch the rays of the morning sun.

 

Yeah that is rather cute I am surprised they don't attack outright,” Alan said.

 

They know Owen so they probably consider him part of the family,” Richard replied.

 

Alan smiled to himself despite the reservations.

 

Later that afternoon everyone had packed up and said their farewells leaving the Attenboroughs, Alan and Ellie.

 

Alright the shelter is finished it should last throughout the winter so everyone can be happy when springs comes,” Mrs. Attenborough said.

 

I will try to check up on them as much as I could,” Alan said.

 

Nonsense son! My husband and I will do the checking. You just keep those dino's of yours in line,” Mrs. Attenborough replied.

 

The trip home was uneventful as Alan and Ellie rode on Tank. Sarah flew overhead while Nico kept pace beside them. As they neared Alan's home however the dinosaurs suddenly stopped. Nico let out a low warning growl with his teeth bared to their fullest. Tank did the same only gave off a very low rumble.

 

What is it?” Ellie asked.

 

Something's wrong,” Alan replied.

 

Suddenly Sarah gave off a warning screech as something shot out from the house. The pterosaur was suddenly on the ground as men with guns came out.

 

What the hell is this!” Alan roared.

 

Tank reared at the same time as Nico charging. When the raptor came close a dart hit the raptor in the side. That forced Nico to the ground. Alan and Ellie raced to try and help the last dinosaur but Tank too was caught as a dart also hit her. Already the could see Rosco and Spitz tied down in the back of a flatbed. Frankie was in a cage also out cold.

 

Those are my dinosaurs what the fuck are you doing!” Alan yelled.

 

Just as he said it armored men came from behind and strapped him down. Handcuffs came out of nowhere and Ellie was screaming. The last thing Alan saw was the but end of a rifle in his face and he knew no more.

 

To Be Continued....

Chapter 5: Stolen

Summary:

Blame the Late Night shift....

Notes:

Sorry I just could not get this out of my head. I could not no matter how much I tried. So I decided to write it down and see what you folks think. After all I would be feeling in the dumps if that was my family that was stolen from me.

Chapter Text

 

Slowly Alan opened his eyes. The bright lights of the hospital came streaming down his face. On his hand was a pair of bandages and also around his torso. He lifted his hand to his head and found some bandages as well.

 

“Oh thank God you are awake!” a voice said.

 

Alan turned his head to see Mark, Ellie's soon to be husband. He was sitting there next to Alan's bed with a worried look on his face.

 

“What happened?” Alan said.

 

“Some crazy men came over and raided your house! They stolen the dinosaurs Alan and beat the fuck out of you. Ellie protested but they threw her to the ground too with a gun over your heads. You've been out for two weeks Alan with a major concussion,” Mark said.

 

Alan slowly put his hand to his head and felt the bandages there. He even looked down and saw the bruises and his arm and leg were in a cast.

 

“How did I get these?” he asked.

 

After one of the men knocked you out and he continued to beat on you. Tank went crazy trying to protect you along with Sarah. Nico was already drugged and was place in the truck. The dinosaurs tried to protect you and Ellie, Alan but they were subdued and taken from you,” Mark replied.

 

“Did you identify them?” Alan asked.

 

“They did not wear any bands on them though most of them look foreign according to Ellie. And none of them spoke English so I would assume they were a hired mercenary group out to get them,” Mark replied.

 

“What about Ellie is she alright?” Alan asked worry on his face.

 

“Ellie is fine she did not get hit as bad as you, but they did get her good across the face,” Mark replied.

 

Alan looked down at his sheets in despair. He had failed his children and he failed them badly. Mark sensing what he was thinking put his hand on Alan's shoulder and offering a friendly squeeze. “Don't worry we will get them back this I promise you.” Mark said and then stood up.

 

“You know everyone is worried about you Alan and I need to make a few phone calls to let them know you are alright.” with that Mark walked out leaving Alan alone with his thoughts.

 

Before he could take a solemn road the door opened and Ellie came in.

 

She rushed to his bed and gave him a strong hug. Alan grunted but hugged back.

 

“Oh my God Alan you don't know how much I am glad you are awake!” she said.

 

“Glad to know I am awake too,” he said.

 

Then she started to cry and Alan was shocked to see this, “Ellie what's.....”

 

“They are gone Alan all of them gone!” Ellie said.

 

It was then that Alan realized what she was inclining...the dinosaurs.

 

Slowly Alan pulled Ellie to him being mindful of the tubes and wires as they both held each other.

 

 

LATER

 

 

It took nearly a week before they deemed Alan well enough to move on his own. The hit was a strong one and it left Alan woozy for a few days after he woke up. Luckily the doctor said it was only his equilibrium returning to normal. Mark and even Ellie helped him home and when he entered his home his heart immediately squeezed in his chest.

 

The place was trashed.

 

His house as he saw it was no longer standing. In fact it was in ruins!

 

People were working all around the clock trying to clean up the debris.

 

“Dr. Grant!” a voice said and Alan turned to find Mr. Chow running up to him. Chow looked worse for wear as he ran up to him.

 

“Oh my God we heard what had happened and I am terribly sorry!” he said.

 

“I bet it was all over the news!” Alan said with a growl to his voice.

 

“It was when people heard the explosions and then rushed here to find you on the ground and your animals gone. We feared the worst!” Chow replied.

 

“They were stolen right in front of my face by armed men. You expect me to do nothing!” Alan replied.

 

“Well I have the test results for you and they are not part of our dinosaur batch Dr. I was going to call when I got a disconnected signal. So I came here originally in person but found your place destroyed by fire! Dr. Grant I am so sorry,” he said.

 

Alan had to sit down on the back of a pick up truck so that way he can get his thoughts in order.

 

His dinosaurs gone and his home destroyed. He had no where to go and all the money he invested into his house was all he had. The animals that he had raised to feed the dinosaurs were gone as well. They were probably taken away by the poachers or moved to another ranch for safe keeping. People from the nearby town were there helping with the clean up.

 

In all Alan looked devastated.

 

“I am sorry Dr. Grant,” he said again.

 

“You said the dinosaurs don't belong to you? Who do they belong to then?” Alan asked.

 

Chow then straightened himself up, “Well that was what I was going to call you for Dr. Grant. You see the dinosaurs came from one of our smaller companies that we bought out about five years ago. They were into genetic research of endangered and extinct animals. In-Gen bought them out years ago. We had no idea that they had a crate of dinosaur eggs. When we first bought them out they already had some dinosaurs with them. However the placement they had for these animals was insufficient. So Mr. Hammond bought out an island in Costa Rica to house them.”

 

“So you have your own dinosaurs?” Alan asked.

 

“Yes and I bet whoever stole them will want to use them for their own means. My money is on Biosyn a competitor of ours and one our main pains in the rear end,” Chow said.

 

“These men didn't have any markings on them,” Alan said.

 

“Oh...damn it then it will be harder to track them,” Chow said.

 

“Well I am sorry to trouble you Mr. Chow I have to clean this mess up and go look for my animals. After all I do have the paperwork to prove it,” Alan replied.

 

“Is it still with you?” Mr. Chow said.

 

“Yeah I don't keep it here thank God, but they will prove that I own them,” Alan replied.

 

“Alright I will let Mr. Hammond know of what happened here thank you for your time Dr. Grant,” with that Mr. Chow went back into his car and drove off leaving Alan with his dark thoughts again.

 

He slowly walked towards the house again his mind blank and tears threatened his eyes. He would blame the smoke later but he knew that deep down this was the results. His dinosaurs were gone and there was nothing he can do about it.

 

Except hope for the best.

 

 

 

 

ELSEWHERE

 

 

 

Loud devastating noise could be heard from warehouse number B-25. The nose was so loud that someone had to literally shoot the air to get the animals to quiet down.

 

Well most of them.

 

The many roars, screeches, hoots and growls that came from the building as well as the shaking of the walls scared off any security guard within the facility. That made the men inside's job a lot easier.

 

 

Off to the side of the main storage warehouse was a small office. This one had an air conditioner inside which allowed one to see into the main warehouse. The heat from the warehouse was what they wanted after all. All six of their precious cargo was loaded and ready to go. Their middle man was waiting for them in Costa Rica. The plan was simple enough. Get the animals to Costa Rica then have them shipped to an isolated island there. Then from that island smuggle them across the Panama canal into the Gulf towards South America.

 

The man sitting behind the desk of the office was very happy about the exchange. His job was done now it was up to their man in Costa Rica to make sure the shipment arrives in Panama on schedule.

 

“That's right sir everything is set and ready to go the animals are ready to be shipped as you requested.” the person behind the desk said.

 

A few words were exchanged before the line went dead. Smiling to himself he turned to look at his prize.

 

All six of them.

 

He especially spied the big one off to the side. The feathers on the large one made him not look like the animal they were looking for. However they knew what it was worth a lot of money. Just to find this guy was amazing to see and to top it off the animals are trained!

 

They are worth more now that they are trained then any of the wild ones. That means they can put on shows for their buyer in South America more frequently. As he looked at the large ones the smaller one was busy gnawing on his cage but they put reinforced locks on the cages.

 

The man smiled just as the door opened. One of his men came through the door and saluted, “Sir the ship is ready to take the animals,” he said.

 

“Good put the tranq's in them and get them loaded,” he said.

 

“Will do sir,” replied the man and shut the door.

 

Soon they will be off his hands.

 

 

 

SAN JOSÉ COASTA RICA

 

 

A very large man was busy stuffing his face at a cafe. His face covered in crème and he was enjoying a rather nice size doughnut. The man across from him looked at the large man in disgust hating the fact he has to deal with him. If not then this man would expose him and his operation to his competitor.

 

 

“You already know what to do when the shipment comes in right?” the man said.

 

“Don't worry Dodgson I have everything under control. Hammond doesn't know that the shipment that is due to arrive in a few weeks is not for the park. I have my people ready to go by the time it gets in. And by then I will have the embryos you requested as well. They are being kept in a special place.” the large man said.

 

“Alright here is the transport container. The bottom screws open and reveals a coolant container,” while he explains this the larger man laughs.

 

When he is done explaining what to do the large man laughs harder, “Alright so how do I make sure the animals are healthy. Remember they are useless to the buyer if they are crap!” the large man said.

 

“That I expect you to make sure. When you get to the boat make sure the animals are secure before departure. They don't know what hits them when they realized that their animals are gone,” the man said.

 

“I know and don't worry they will get there,” the large man said and they both shook hands after the man hands him his money.

 

By then the waiter came by and delivered the check. The large man then looks at him, “Don't get cheap on me Dodgson,” he said.

 

 

 

MONTANA

 

 

Alan was in a bit of a depression as he searched high and low for his dinosaurs. Every source he had turned up nothing and every police and criminal organization turned up nothing. He was at the end of his days. Currently he is living in a hotel room in Helena paying his rent with however money he had left. Poor Alan wanted to wait till they finished the assessment for the repairs to his home before they can start building again. It was already the beginning of winter when the snow starts to fall in the badlands. Already Alan could not return to the dig since it is closed till spring.

 

“You know you can always stay with us?” Ellie said as she went up to his hotel room one night. Mark was with her when they went to check up on him. The man himself was alone and depressed. He spent all his time with his dinosaurs, and he would be damned if he was not going to bite tooth and nail to get them back! They are his kids after all and he was going to let Hell freeze over till he found them.

 

“Alan are you alright?” Ellie said as she saw him watching the T.V. Not even facing them. She knew how he felt for she loved those dinosaurs herself. It was as if her own children had been kidnapped as well.

 

Already she could picture Nico and Spitz curled up to Alan as he watched T.V. or Frankie digging through the cushions on the couch determined to find hidden treasures.

 

 

Or chase after cockroaches.

 

She sighed as she sat down in front of him.

 

“Alan?” she said and saw his head look up a bit.

 

“Look I know you are depressed but sitting here and staring at the T.V. Is not going to bring them back,” she said.

 

“I know....its just...its just I've failed them Ellie. I've failed to protect them and looked what happened,” he said.

 

“Don't hold yourself like that Al! We are all human and the dinosaurs will care less if you are angry or not. They will still love you no matter what,” Ellie tried to reassure him.

 

 

“I appreciate all the help Ellie and you too Mark,” Alan said with a genuine smile.

 

“I know and I try my best to make things happen. Believe me I know how much those dinosaurs mean to you, and I don't like to see Ellie so worried like that,” Mark said.

 

“Thanks,” Alan replied.

 

The two of them walked out after getting take out leaving Alan to himself. He then walked over to the balcony that overlooks the town. Helena the capital of Montana is not his ideal place for a home. But then again Alan is used to the wilderness of the mountains and the sounds of the birds and his dinosaurs. Here the city just does not feel right to him. If only he were back home and this never would have happened. Sighing he leaned over the rail and looked down at the happy couple leaving the hotel.

 

Ellie and Mark are so much in love. He smiled at the thought of his surrogate sister being happy. Speaking of sisters his real sister paid him a visit earlier when she found out that Alan's dinosaurs had been stolen. The female Grant had given him a berating that he never lived down....well mostly because he hardly ever called. But then again he does write and sends her pictures of his dinos at various stages of their lives.

 

She basically offered her support as well as chew him out on various things. Alan does not mind it means she cares. Too bad his parents are no longer around to give their support to him.

 

Just as he thought about parents his mind turns back to his dinosaurs. He just wished he knows what is going on and how is he going to help them.

 

 

 

ELSEWHERE

 

 

 

 

It was under the cover of darkness that the cargo was being lifted towards the cargo hold. Large containers with holes in them are being hoisted up onto the ship bound for Costa Rica. The cargo that was being loaded however contains precious cargo. That cargo alone was what is keeping the money flowing. They had been doing this for years till finally they are able to find a group of these animals to take back to their boss in South America.

 

He smiled as the big one was loaded onto the ship. Right now it looks like an overgrown chicken along with the other one. So far he has made them able to ship across the sea by drugging their food or shooting them with tranquilizer guns. Their man in Costa Rica assured them that they will be able to get to their destination on time. For right now as the last of the animals was lowered his job is finally considered done.

 

He then picked up the phone and dialed a number. Once the phone rang an automated operator answered, “Jurassic Park Security how can I place your call?” the line on the other side said.

 

“Get me Dennis Nedry please,” he said.

 

One moment please,” the line then shifted till another voice filled the line. This one wheezed as if his lungs were being squeezed.

 

Nedry speaking,” the voice on the other line said.

 

The man smiled, “Nedry the package is on its way,” he said.

 

Alright I will wait for it to arrive,” and with that the line went dead.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

Dennis Nedry hung up the phone and smiled. The package was on its way here and he made sure to leave a message with the harbor master to expect it to arrive. This shipment was special and that it was his means of getting off this godforsaken island. If he was not stuck working for that fucked up company then Nedry would have been long gone by now.

 

But as it was he was stuck working for In-Gen by contract and he was backing out now. 1.5 million dollars was just enough to cover his medical expenses. So Nedry was willing to pay the price. So now all he has to do is wait and see when the package arrives in two weeks. Boy is Hammond in for a surprise when he finds out his precious Embryos are gone.

 

Nedry could only smirk when that happens as he continues to type his code into the computer. They were in for one wild ride.

 

 

To Be Continued....

Chapter 6: Invitation

Summary:

We get to see a classic scene....hehehehehehehe

Notes:

Just a hint you get to meet Muldoon....

Chapter Text

ISLA NUBLAR, COSTA RICA

 

 

It was dark and raining when the crate arrived. The latest tropical storm was blowing. But that did not stop the occupants from wanting to release the latest animal into their enclosure. Robert Muldoon stood there with his rifle along with his team of game rangers. As head Game Warden it was his job to ensure that the animals are transported safely to their new enclosures.

 

This included the animal he hated the most.

 

He was near the Velociraptor pen having received news of the new dinosaur's arrival. He had received the memo early on about the arrival of the animals and he was sure that they were not due for another week.

 

Well that is until the tropical storm.

 

 

The storm had forced them to bring the animals here early because of containment issues on their sister island of Isla Sorna. Robert was not fond of transporting large predators especially carnivores like a T-Rex. But he would rather deal with the Rex then deal with the Raptors.

 

 

Oh how Robert hates dealing with those raptors. Especially finding out how intelligent they are. This latest animal however he was told to treat with special care because this was a special case. He don't know why but he was told to do so. So when the animal came into view the transport slowly lowered itself down and the crane came to lift the crate up. Robert and his team stood ready and this time there would be no mistakes. After the incident a few weeks ago where one of the workers died he was not about to repeat that mistake.

 

Slowly the crate was lowered and the team pushed it into place making sure this time that the gate locks are secured. The screeching inside was all he needed to know that the animals in the pen were excited by the lights and the noise. Already they had to transport the T-Rex into its new home and the others. He was surprised by the amount of animals brought in.

 

Now however he was at the last of his charges. This one was the raptor and having it transported into its new habitat can be a chore. At least the quarantine stage is over.

 

 

 

The worker hesitantly made his way up the gate again like last time. But unlike last time the crew made sure that the gates were secured and locked in place. This was due to a new feature for transport. Raised docks would come up to help hold the cage in place locking it tight. Robert moved in to see the condition of the animal and found himself surprised to see the raptor covered in feathers!

 

This animal was no velociraptor and yet the paperwork said otherwise.

 

“What the fuck?” he said to himself.

 

Then the door was opened and the animal rushed into the pen the noise then suddenly died down as everything was quiet. Quickly as it went they closed the gates and moved the crate out of the way. Robert then went over to the observation deck on a lower floor to check up on the raptors.

 

Through the lights he can clearly see the animals up close and observe their behavior. What transpired was Big One coming out of the bush first as expected. He was waiting to see if the new animal would be attacked. He expected it to be attack after all since it was covered in feathers and not like the others.

 

What shocked him was that Big One came in close took a sniff of the clearly feathered raptor and hissed low. The other raptor submitted instantly showing its neck and underbelly as a sign of submission. He could tell it was afraid but that was not what disturbed him.

 

The raptor's coloration does not match anything he has ever seen in raptors. Even his frequent visits to Isla Sorna could tell him that the two species that In-Gen cooked up does not match this dinosaur at all. Its coloring is off and its feathers was not like what he saw raptors could be. The feathers were hard to see in the blaring spot lights perhaps in the morning he can clearly see them.

 

Sighing to himself Robert made his way out of the observation room towards the outside. The gates were closed securely and everything was cleaned up now all that was left to do was deal with the little shit in his truck.

 

He opened the door to his employee truck one used by maintenance. Getting in he was glaring at the small dinosaur that just pooped on his seats. The little guy was feeling rather sick but this one was to be taken to the vet at once.

 

Driving down the roads Robert managed to stop by the main compound where the chief vet resides.

 

“Hey there Gerald I got someone you need to look at,” Robert said as he held the cage.

 

“Really? Well hello little guy what seems to be the trouble?” he said and just as he said it the little dinosaur left a mess on the ground.

 

“Ok...well I don't recognize this little guy where did you say you got him?” Gerald asked.

 

“Just got in today from Isla Sorna how the hell it slipped past us I don't know. I will have to look into it but this guy is sick so I think it is more sea sickness then anything,” Robert replied.

 

“Alright let me see what I can do for him,” Gerald replied leaving Robert to walk out of the vet's office.

 

He sighed wanting nothing more then to go back to his apartment to sleep it off.

 

 

But for some reason his mind could not get the image of that raptor out of his mind. Something nags at him something familiar. He remembers seeing something like it elsewhere....but where?

 

 

 

HELENA MONTANA

 

 

Alan sat there enjoying his drink. The dark liquid was not alcohol since he rather stay sober. It was a cherry coke something he did not have in years. He was enjoying it while everyone else was having an alcoholic drink or two. It was raining heavily outside and Alan was just glad that it was still Autumn. Winter has not rolled in yet, but the rain was ice cold. He did not want to dwell on it too much for it would remind him of.....

 

No he needs to keep going if he is to get through this.

 

“I have to say that when they told me that you had been reduced to nothing but a pile of shit; they weren't kidding,” said a voice.

 

Alan turned his head to see who had spoken to him.

 

It was David Chow.

 

“I am sorry to disappoint you then Mr. Chow. What can I do for you,” Alan said sounding polite.

 

“Nothing it is what I can do for you,” he said as he opened a folder.

 

 

“I did some investigation as to the disappearance of your dinosaurs. What I found startles both me and my boss. There have been reports of strange noises just outside of San Francisco at one of the main ports. People have been reporting hearing loud roaring and snarls coming from one of the buildings. However when police went to investigate hoping to catch an illegal animal smuggling ring. What they discovered was something else. The warehouse was of course empty, but they found this,” with that Chow pulled out a tooth and Alan grabbed it.

 

He recognized that tooth anywhere.

 

 

It belonged to Rosco.

 

Chow was not done yet as he pulled several feathers from his bag to show Alan also.

 

They belonged to Nico and Frankie.

 

“I had my people investigate it and obviously they belonged to you. The animals were shipped out days ago heading south towards Costa Rica. Now if my guess were correct it is someone working for our company that is supplying the dinosaurs. Then that means we have a leak,” Chow said.

 

“What are you talking about?” Alan asked.

 

“Let's sit over there and I can explain things better,” Chow said.

 

Alan was led over to a table in the private area of the bar. After being seated a waitress came and took their order. When she left Alan and Chow was left alone.

 

“I have to clarify a few things with you Dr. Grant before we go any further. True I work for In-Gen as an investigator but I also work in Internal Affairs. And part of my job is to investigate possible leaks within the company. You see Dr. In-Gen has made a lot of enemies. Many of them competitive bio-firms who want our research into extinct animals. When we found out about your dinosaurs we wanted to know if you had any contact with our competition, but it turns out that you don't. So we just let it go for a time and Mr. Hammond himself has been helping with paying for your dinosaur's needs. He feels that it is his responsibility to help out however we can. We do the the same with our own animals if they ever gotten loose,” Chow said.

 

“You mentioned them before you breed dinosaurs too?” Alan asked.

 

“I will let you in on a secret since it is not known to the public. But In-Gen has revolutionized genetics by bringing back the dinosaurs. Thanks to the notes that came with those eggs that you have and by incorporating that company that originally created them. We managed to create our own dinosaurs. But we never gotten into making them public. At least until the park is ready,” Chow said.

 

“Park? What Park?” Alan asked.

 

“In-Gen has created a park to house these dinosaurs if my guess is correct then whoever stole your dinosaurs. Will probably send them there to hide them. That way it will look like these animals are part of the park. Mr. Hammond himself will contact you in a few days to arrange for a meeting at the park. That way we can catch these men in the act and bring them to justice.” Chow said.

 

“What about me?” Alan asked.

 

“The animals are not part of In-Gen's stock and therefore since the company that originally created them and joined with us. That makes their claim of your animals void. That means all the legal papers that you have of your animals belongs to you,” Chow replied.

 

“That means the dinosaurs are mine?” Alan asked.

 

“Yes, they always will belong to you,” Chow replied.

 

Alan smiled, “Alright when do I meet Mr. Hammond?”

 

 

 

ISLA NUBLAR

 

Robert Muldoon was puzzled as he stared at the new raptor all day. This raptor intrigued him since it has not shown any signs of aggression at all. In fact most of the other keepers in the Raptor area have told him that the raptor in question is in fact rather shy. Now normally when one comes into the pen they are instantly on alert because the other raptors would attack on site.

 

But not this one.

 

In fact this raptor alone as perked his interest. Gerry said that the raptor is actually a good patient and can be treated without being tranquilized. That is a surprise even for Robert. The dinosaur was just as aggressive to the other raptors, but towards Robert he found that very odd indeed. Gerry also found something equally odd about this dinosaur as soon as they got it.

 

When he and Henry ran the identification of the animal Robert's suspicions were confirmed.

 

This animal does not belong to them.

 

 

In fact a few animals don't belong to In-Gen or Jurassic Park. Robert had just checked in with the Aviary and the Tyrannosaurus Paddock and all three of them confirmed it.

 

There are new animals in the park but none of them are theirs.

 

Robert had to report this to Mr. Hammond right away.

 

 

 

 

BADLAND'S DIG SITE ONE WEEK LATER

 

Alan and Ellie stood there waiting. Just as they thought their guest was not going to show up the sound of an engine began to be heard over the hills. The weather was bad so the sounds of wind and rain filled their ears. But just on time a 4x4 jeep came barreling into the dig site. With it a man came running out towards their trailer and opened the door hastily. Just as he gotten in he took off his rain coat and breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“Mr. Hammond I presume?” Alan said shaking the man's hand.

 

“Yes, John Hammond nice to meet you Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler I wish it was under better circumstances but time is not on our side,” Hammond said as he went to find a place to sit down.

 

“Yes I understand,” Alan said sitting down and gesturing for Hammond to sit as well.

 

“I need to make this quick even tough I have two weeks. There have been reports of incidents that are happening at my park. I am sure Mr. Chow has explained everything to you?” he said.

 

“Yes he has,” Alan replied.

 

“Good, when he told me about what happened to your dinosaurs it has led me to believe that they are indeed on my island. My Game Warden Robert Muldoon has told me of a recent shipment of a new animals to the park. He grew suspicious about the animals and had then identified. With negative results.

 

 

“What do you mean?” Alan said.

 

“Well it was as if someone purposely made sure that the animals are ours. But he knows every animal on that island and our sister island Isla Sorna and we found to our horror that someone has tampered with our animals. Isla Sorna had sent us a few animals but it seems that none made it to the park. There was a storm and the boat sank thanks to the recent findings of the ship's black box. But these animals that are the replacements they are not from our sister island. For starters two of them had feathers,” Hammond said.

 

Alan's head went up Feathers!

 

“Do you have photos of the animals?” Alan said.

 

“Yes Robert took photos of at least two of them the Raptor for starters and the T-Rex,” Hammond said pulling out a folder.

 

 

Alan and Ellie's eyes lit up. They diffidently know these dinosaurs.

 

 

It was Rosco and Nico.

 

“Mr. Hammond those are my dinosaurs the T-Rex is Rosco and that raptor is Nico. I also have a Dilophosaurus, a Ankylosaur, a Archeopteryx and a Pteranodon.” Alan said.

 

“Then its settled these animals will be returned to you after we caught our thief. We must however catch him in the act and to do so we need you to go to the park. Everything is arranged and you will be going as our dinosaur experts. It just so happens that our investors wanted to have a safety inspection done at the park to insure that it is safe to open. Now they sent along their experts and I was originally going to invite you until I heard about what happened with your animals. You are still invited as our guests but I also wanted to use this as a cover for our investigation.” Hammond replied.

 

“You have yourself a deal,” Alan said shaking his hand.

 

“I hope we both get what we want Dr. Grant your animals and my investment saved,” Hammond replied.

 

While the rain was coming down in torrents outside the trailer. The three of them began to define what their plan was when they got to the island. Hammond explained the reason why it was so far out to sea and why he bought that company that originally created his dinosaurs. He also told him about his dream to build a place where people can come and enjoy the park to its fullest. He also wanted it to be fair priced so that way everyone can come and visit not just the super rich. He wanted the world to enjoy his dream of bringing dinosaurs to life.

 

“We have all sorts of animals there and we have learned a lot about their care thanks to your work with your own animals. Our game warden appreciates your notes on how to deal with the raptors especially since they are quite troublesome to begin with,” Hammond said explaining the trouble that Robert has with his animals.

 

“Maybe when I check up on Nico I can have a look at his raptors?” Alan asked.

 

“That might be a splendid idea Dr.; Robert would most appreciate it.” Hammond replied.

 

“So how did the dinosaurs get to your island?” Ellie asked.

 

“I think someone on the inside smuggled them in using the sinking ship as an opportunity to smuggle your dinosaurs in. Then when the opportunity is right smuggle them out towards their buyer,” Hammond said.

 

“You've had problems like this before?” asked Alan.

 

“Many times and Robert and I had been trying for years to find the person responsible but so far no success,” Hammond replied.

 

“Alright so we are going to this island to help you find the perpetrator then what?” Ellie asked.

 

“Dr. Grant here has his dinosaurs back since they do belong to him after all, and if you want go back to your daily lives.” Hammond replied.

 

 

By then the rain had led up and Mr. Hammond made to depart. His driver waited for him patiently and even refused when Hammond had invited him inside earlier. When they drove off Alan and Ellie breathed a sigh of relief but not before Alan gave Mr. Hammond a message for his game warden concerning his animals.

 

“Tell Robert what I told you about my animals and he would be fine,” said Alan.

 

“I will,” said Mr. Hammond as he disappeared into his jeep.

 

Both looked at each other excitedly to finally get their animals back.

 

 

ISLA NUBLAR CONTROL ROOM

 

 

 

Denis Nedry finished the last of his coding for the day. Using the repair codes he put into the computer he also inputted his back door. This was to ensure that the virus he planted into the system would shut everything down and allow him and his men to escape with the stolen animals. His guys would have their tranquilizer guns ready for when they are going to transport the animals. The only ones who would know they were missing was that idiot game warden Muldoon.

 

But Nedry didn't care because when this was over he would be rich and he would be gone. Gone as in quit and leaving everyone in ruin. He would let Jurassic Park burn for all he cares. All he wants is his money and Hammond was going to pay for not giving him a pay raise. He continued to type away at his back door. Making sure that he was able to program the back door to enable him to escape without notice.

 

Part of his plan included shutting down some of the security fences around the park. That way the security forces would be too distracted with trying to contain the dinosaurs to finding the real thief. His sloppy desk is a ruse for hiding his notes on the subject and his equations on the back door. Candy wrappers and burger wrappers hid the notes as he worked. He would not be denied his money.

 

 

Looking at his watch he was just glad that his shift is finally over.

 

“Well sorry to break your bubble boys but I am out of here,” Dennis said looking at his watch.

 

“Fine just remember that those security codes need to be updated,” said Ray Arnold the man in charge of Jurassic Park's Control Room.

 

“Yeah, yeah I will be back bright and early tomorrow,” Dennis said.

 

Getting up he walked towards the main entrance to the employee section of the visitors center. There he made his way over to the Quarantine area where some of the new animals are still awaiting release. There he found a particular cage with a rather small dinosaur inside. His fascination with this one made him want to torment it every day after his shift.

 

“Well look at you sitting in there by your lonesome self. I bet your former master would love to take you for a walk eh fido,” he said to the dinosaur inside as he kicked its cage.

 

A low growl could be heard as it lunged at him. Two crests hit the cage as it screeched at him. Its snout was wound tight to prevent the animal from biting the bars and its claws were tied so it wouldn't hurt anyone. Nedry only laughed at the sight as the dinosaur tried to get at him again and again. Thrashing its tail on the bars of the cage Nedry only poked at it with a rod.

 

“You see this fido this is what you get for being a bad dinosaur. But you know what? You are going to make me rich you and your companions so sit and stay ehehehehehehe,” he said as he gotten up and gotten out.

 

As soon as he left Gerry Harding entered the room. The dinosaur only thrashed more glancing at the door and wanting to tear out the throat of the man who tormented him.

 

“Hey there its ok little guy,” Gerry said as the dinosaur his its head on the cage walls.

 

“Shhhhh its ok,” Gerry said trying to sooth the animal and it was then that he noticed the marks on its body.

 

“What the hell?” he said.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Robert had gotten a call from one of the handlers at the Aviary. The new Pteranodon that they had gotten had once again tried to kill the handlers. Robert walked in glaring at the people who were sporting various injuries.

 

“What the fuck happened here?” he asked.

 

“That damn pterosaur tried to get out again! Even attacked Angela when she tried to feed it.” said one of the handlers.

 

Robert sighed as he walked over to the pen to possibly deal with the troublesome pterosaur. The said animal was being held down by a net and rope and it was screeching with fear and anger.

 

“Alright you troublemaker what did you do now,” Robert said.

 

The pteranodon only glared as it struggled to get free. Using a shushing motion Robert knew that to use tranquilizers on her would kill her so he gently reached out and began to stroke her beak. It was a leap of faith but the animal immediately calmed down.

 

“That's it girl its alright,” he said as he signaled the handlers to release the ropes. As they did so Robert removed the ropes around the animals and leaped back when it finally shook the last of it off. Getting up slowly he immediately backed up when it gotten on all fours. The pteranodon then looked him right in the eye.

 

Robert found himself captivated by it and by its bright coloration before it took off. Screaming its defiance at the world.

 

With that terror over he had to reprimand the staff once again for poor handling of the animal before heading back to his office. He had a few incident reports to fill out before he managed to retire for the night.

 

It just so happens that his office overlooks the raptor pens. The jungles beyond are a breath taking sight to behold as the hoots of the Dilophosaurs and the nearby T-Rex could be heard for miles. He even heard the cries of the Velociraptors not too far away. As Robert typed up his report a sound was heard coming from the fax machine. Turning his chair he saw that a message was coming through.

 

It was from Mr. Hammond.

 

“Probably updates on those investors coming to visit the park,” Robert muttered to himself.

 

He went to retrieve the paper and began to read the message. It had nothing to do with the investors, but more to do with their new arrivals.

 

What in bloody fucken hell does he mean these animals were stolen?

 

To Be Continued....

Chapter 7: Arrival on Isla Nublar

Summary:

When our main cast arrives on the Island....you know how this goes people....hehehehe.

Chapter Text

VET CENTER ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

 

Gerald Harding was staring hard at the little dinosaur before him. The Archeopteryx was staring back its feathers were fluffed as if he was going to attack.

 

The little dinosaur managed to somehow get out of his cage. It was startling to find him on Gerry's desk eating a few flies that had gotten into the office. The largest thing he caught was that annoying wasp that was driving his staff insane.

 

It had built a nest where his people could not get to in the upper rafters. As soon as the little guy broke out he ransacked the nest and ate all the bugs. When he came back down Gerry was startled that he gotten out that it took him about five minutes before he caught the little guy and threw him back in the holding pen.

 

 

Well since then the little guy has managed many ways to break out of his cage.

 

 

In fact it was a game to the little guy and the vet team was taking bets to see how long it would take before he broke out again.

 

The only reprieve was when the little guy seemed to settle in with the resident Dilophosaurus which was still recovering from injuries to its jaw and sides. The little guy seemed to recognize the dinosaur and they would be hanging out in the cage.

 

Well today was one of those days that the little guy was out of his cage and on Gerry's desk.

 

Its yellow eyes stared at him with curiosity which Gerry found fascinating. The little guy seemed to be coming closer....closer....

 

 

“Frankie come here!” a voice said and Gerry looked up startled as Robert Muldoon came into the office. The Archeopteryx was startled as it flapped its wings and hissed.

 

“Frankie come here!” Robert said even more so now with a treat in his hand.

 

The Archeopteryx cocked its head before flying over to the Game Warden's hand and ate the nice tasty bug.

 

“How the hell did you figure that out?” Gerry said startled.

 

“With this that just came in,” Robert said handing Gerry the files.

 

“What is this?” the vet asked.

 

“Records of our new animals it seems as if they were stolen from a Dr. Alan Grant in Montana,” he said.

 

“Alan Grant? The Paleontologist turned Dinosaur Whisperer?” asked Gerry.

 

“Yep that's the one, his animals were stolen about a month or two ago and Hammond had just confirmed their identities,” Robert explained while petting Frankie who liked his treat.

 

“So that thing?” Gerry said pointing to the Archeopteryx.

 

“This little shit is Frankie and that Dilophosaur that you had for a while is Spitz if the markings are correct,” Robert said as he walked to the animal enclosures. He knelt down and the Dilophosaur growled.

 

“Easy Spitz I am not going to hurt you shhh,” Robert said slowly. He remembered what he learned in Kenya about big cats and softened his look. The dinosaur stopped growling a bit when Robert reached in and stroked his neck a bit to sooth the animal. It was a daring move but he had to do it.

 

The Dilophosaur slowly settled down as he cocked his head for more strokes.

 

When Robert noticed the marks he grew concerned, “Gerry when did he get these?” he asked.

 

“I don't know he was originally brought in for vaccinations before being sent out into the paddock. But when I came in yesterday he was like this as if someone beat him with a rod. I tried to find it on camera but the footage has been wiped,” Gerry said.

 

Robert's face grew into a frown, “Someone is beating the animals. Probably the same someone who has smuggled them here in the first place,” Robert said getting up.

 

“Are you sure?” asked Gerry.

 

“I am positive now come here let me show you how to handle him according to Dr. Grant,” Robert said and Gerry bent down just as the door opened.

 

“Dad I could not find....oh he gotten out again!” a girl's voice said.

 

Robert and Gerry turned their heads to see a little girl about fourteen years old at the door. She was wearing khaki shorts and vest but her shirt was red and her light brown hair tied up in a pony tail.

 

“Jess I thought I told you to wait for me outside,” he said.

 

“I was but you were taking too long so I came in here....is that a dinosaur?” she asked looking at Spitz and then Frankie.

 

Frankie took this time to fly to her and she held up her arm in alarm. When the Archeopteryx landed he chirped before moving to her shoulder. He started playing with her hair. Giggling she tried to stroke him only for him to move to the other side.

 

“Dad is this the guy who finally ate that wasp nest in the main area?” she asked.

 

“Yes, Jessie that little guy I just found out is named Frankie,” Gerry replied just as Frankie picked at Jesse's hair clip which was in the shape of a butterfly.

 

“Hey!” she said trying to get the dinosaur from picking on the pin. Frankie then latched onto her hand with his wing claws and used it to get to the top of her head.

 

“Dad a little help!” she said laughing when Frankie figured out the clip he managed to yank it out of Jesse's hair and shook it. Finding it unappetizing he dropped it before trying to explore more of Jess.

 

“Ok you little bugger that is enough from you,” Robert scolded and Frankie lifted his head out of Jessie's hair and chirped making her hair a total mess.

 

“Frankie, Alan warned me about your mischievous tactics now get over here you little shit,” he said that Frankie flew around Robert's head chirping in glee. Then he settled on the dinosaur pen which held the Dilophosaur and picked at the latch. Being as smart as the little guy was he pulled on the pins for the cage and the door opened. Both men and the girl paled at the sight when the dinosaur came out.

 

Frankie landed on the head of the Dilophosaur but it made no move to attack them from his cage. Wagging his tail in lazy arcs Spitz only chirped before moving towards Gerry who had been nice to him. Then he startled them by rubbing his head against the vet's side. His snout was still in a muzzle preventing him from spitting and biting but he did not care. He wanted to feel some comfort and since this is not his father he would have to do.

 

Rubbing his head there he began to purr his content. Startled Gerry then started to pat down the smaller dinosaur. Happy to have some affection Spitz leaned further into the vet his sandy skin vibrating with happiness.

 

“Wow I never would have thought I would be in the presence of Dr. Grant's animals. I've heard a lot about how he trained them. That would explain why at this age this animal is not afraid of people,” Gerry said.

 

“Well I read the reports and Spitz is rather shy. But if you are nice to him he tends to come around. So since you were nice to him that means he likes you,” Robert replied.

 

Hey Gerry we got another sick trike,” said a voice on the radio it came from control. Gerry sighed before grabbing the radio, “Alright I will be there shortly give me a bit to clean up,” Gerry replied.

 

He looked at Robert, “What are we going to do?” he asked.

 

“Well we can have Jesse take care of these two troublemakers and I have a bunch of inspectors and lawyers to deal with,” Robert replied.

 

“I do hope Dr. Grant gets his dinosaurs back,” Gerry said.

 

“I hope we find our dino thief,” Robert replied.

 

“I hope so too,” Jessie said.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

 

Alan had a rough ride reaching the island. The shakes alone made him airsick and he wanted to hurl. This was nothing like riding Sarah. At least with her he felt safe because she knew when to bank and turn and was pretty stable.

 

Here on this piece of crap helicopter he felt trapped and claustrophobic.

 

 

 

I guess the dinosaurs have spoiled me in a way Alan thought as they finally landed.

 

When he gotten out he gladly hurled his breakfast at the nearest bush. Ellie was quickly at his side trying to sooth him as he let his lunch out which was not much. When he finally felt better he saw a water bottle in front of him. Dr. Malcolm gladly gave up his water so Alan could feel better.

 

“You look like shit,” he said.

 

 

“I feel like shit,” Alan replied offering his thanks.

 

“So I heard you had dinosaurs,” Malcolm said.

 

“Yeah six of them until they were stolen two months ago,” Alan replied.

 

“Yeah I heard about that so is that what brought you here?” Malcolm asked.

 

“Actually Mr. Hammond invited me to inspect his park and I already know about what it holds here thanks,” Alan said.

 

“So what is it that Hammond wanted you to prove?” Malcolm asked.

 

“That the animals are happy. He heard about how I raised my dinosaurs and he wanted his park handlers to know more about how to deal with them.” Alan replied when they had gotten into the 4x4 jeeps.

 

“I see so you are more an animal trainer's trainer then?” Malcolm asked.

 

“Yes and I needed to speak to his Game Warden in person about some problem animals and how to deal with them properly,” Alan replied remembering what Hammond told him about Malcolm and his crazy theories.

 

“Alright then,”

 

It did not take them long having seen the Brachiosaur that was walking across the fields. Alan was impressed with the size and how the animal ate. It gave a bellow as it reached up and grabbed a branch from a tree. Alan was impressed as it slammed into the ground and shook the earth. It seemed to have gazed at them before walking away towards the waters.

 

That was where they saw the other herbivores.

 

“Welcome to Jurassic Park Dr. Grant,” Mr. Hammond said.

 

The herbivores consisted of Brachiosaurs, Ankylosaurs, Parasaurolophus, Iguanadon and Stegosaurs. Amazed Alan was intrigued by the sight till something caught his eye.

 

Among the herds he spotted something racing back towards the jeep he went to look for it. “Aha!” he said finding what he was looking for.

 

 

It was a pair of binoculars.

 

Alan quickly used it to see towards the herds. The Ankylosaurs moved in such lumbering grace but Alan was ignoring the rest.

 

There among the black, red, green, and yellow backed bodies was one that was blue. It was an ocean blue color but one Alan knows well.

 

Tank

 

Smiling in happiness to know that she is alright he wanted to shout but couldn't because he was too far away. Tears began to fall from his eyes.

 

“Alan are you alright?” Ellie asked.

 

“Look...look towards the lake there's Tank,” Alan said unable to hold back his sobs.

 

Ellie took the binoculars from him and looked. A gasp came to her face as she saw the Ankylosaur grazing.

 

“Oh my God!” she whispered.

 

It was indeed the Ankylosaur for they knew that lumbering giant anywhere. The wind seemed to shift behind them and flow towards the lake.

 

Suddenly a blue head lifted up and bellowed in excitement at them. They could hear the bellow from far away. Other heads lifted up as the Ankylosaur kept bellowing.

 

“TANK!” Alan and Ellie called and the dinosaur kept bellowing. Tank kept bellowing as she obviously disappeared into the thick bushes in excitement. They waited for a while till they they saw Tank come storming over followed by some curious herbivores. The blue of her back was all they needed as she came racing towards them. When she got there she was very happy as both Ellie and Alan rushed to her.

 

The others looked in shock when the Ankylosaur nuzzled both Alan and Ellie. Both were in tears when the dinosaur rubbed her head against there faces.

 

“Tank oh baby we missed you!” Alan said.

 

After about half an hour of their happy reunion. Tank followed them till they came to a fence line and bellowed in sadness.

 

“Don't worry girl we will come back!” Alan said and the Ankylosaur bellowed in return.

 

The trip to the Visitor's Center was a long trek seeing as they had to travel a ways to get there. The jungle was littered with plants Ellie recognized as either poisonous or extinct. Alan paid attention as they traveled up to the building at last. Construction workers are busy finishing the building as they entered and Hammond giving the grand tour of the place.

 

They entered the building and even more construction workers are working to finish the building. Two skeletons were built within the center. One of a brachiosaur the other a tyrannosaur. Both were locked in battle together. There was a banner that said, 'When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth,' at the top. Hammond explained how they spared no expense in getting this building up and running.

 

After watching a boring video that Alan and Ellie had to watch they were taken to the labs. There they walked in.

 

 

“Ah there you are Henry, Henry this is Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler, Dr. Malcolm, and Mr. Gennaro our inspection team,” Mr. Hammond introduced the group to a young Asian man.

 

“Everyone this is Dr. Wu he is our lead Geneticist here at Jurassic Park,” Hammond said.

 

Henry shook everyone's hand and excused himself as he had rounds to do. When he was working someone called him about the hatching eggs.

 

“Ah good I was hoping I could catch them before I make the boat,” Henry said.

 

“Henry, Henry, Henry, Why didn't you tell me I like to be here when they are born,” Hammond said as he walked over to them.

 

He started to encourage it as the baby started to hatch. The baby squeaked and squawked as it struggled to get out of its shell. When it finally gotten its eye free from its shell it looked at each and every one of them. Alan remembered when Nico was born he was born the exact same way. He held a pair of gloves on as he quickly handed Hammond a piece of meat.

 

“Feed her,” he said noticing right away that this dinosaur is female.

 

“Excuse me?” Hammond said.

 

“When she breaks fully from the shell feed her that way you solidify the imprint,” Alan replied.

 

Heeding his advice Hammond waited for one of the workers to get the food ready before gently getting a syringe full of thick red purveyed meat. The baby quickly ate the food after it was freed from the shell. Alan recognized a raptor when he saw it and the baby was more then happy to be fed by everyone in the room. It rubbed its head against Hammond's hand sparking trust. The old man's eyes lit up in joy at the display of such trust.

 

“I never had that before?” he said.

 

“When you solidify the imprint full trust is there. The animal will see you as a parent and the people around you as pack members. That's a Velociraptor you have correct?” Alan said.

 

“How would you know this?” Henry asked.

 

“Velociraptors have a unique bone structure in the foot and along the skull. This one is unique to their species and since you said they imprint like birds that means they go through the same methods of imprinting like birds,” Alan replied.

 

“I see,” Henry said as he took notes.

 

The baby was more then happy with the food presented to it. It greedily ate the two pieces of meat that was given to it. Hammond was astonished as the raptor then rubbed itself against his hand giving small high pitched croons as it expressed its love.

 

“Ah look at her she is so cute!” Hammond said.

 

It was then that they were taken to a nursery where the baby was placed in a small nest made out of moss and vegetation. Hammond spared no expense to keep the little ones as comfortable as possible. The little ones were tended to by a worker who made sure the nests are properly taken cared of.

 

Alan looked up after examining the baby himself being the more experienced parent of the group. The little one was healthy and looked up at him with adoration. Alan was so reminded of Nico when he hatched five years ago.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

 

“Ah shit! ROBERT!” Someone shouted and Robert Muldoon ran as fast as he could towards the shouting.

 

The raptors were fighting again and this time they were picking on the newest member of the pack.

 

“Fuck!” Robert shouted as he grabbed his rifle and raced through the employee doorway. It was a one way door meaning it can only be opened from the inside. He ran in rifle in hand and shot into the air. The other raptors quickly ran off leaving the lone male there panting.

 

His feathers clearly had started to shed and Robert could see the colorful skin underneath. He was covered in claw marks but none of them looked too serious. Big One the alpha female hissed at him baring her teeth along with the other raptors. Robert took a huge risk coming here but he will not let this one die.

 

He like this one.

 

He stood with his back facing the male while the three females advanced towards him mouths agape and teeth bared. Robert fired into the air again and the raptors tried to attack.

 

But Robert knows these animals and he knows their tactics. He was not stupid and when they attacked at once he used his gun as a shield from their teeth.

 

And more appropriately their claws.

 

Especially their killing claws.

 

The gun served a purpose in keeping well out of reach of their claws and he threw one over his shoulder. The next one came at him and he rolled to the side. Going to hit that one before another hit him from the side.

 

Robert found that he was about to be eaten when suddenly a red blur came from the bushes.

 

 

It was the male.

 

He screeched at the one who attacked Robert and put himself over him protecting him from the others. He fluffed whatever feathers remained in a threat display. This caused Big One to rear her head in a show of dominance. The male would not back down as he growled low in is throat showing that he was not going to deal with these females for very long.

 

Robert slowly took his time to get up and using his gun as a prop managed to stand up. He felt his ribs and they were bruised but not broken thankfully. The male kept himself between him and Robert defending him from the females.

 

One of them tried to get at the male from the side but Robert shot a tranquilizer at her. This caused her to land short in surprise. The drug began to take effect as the female began to submit and fall down unconscious.

 

Big One was angry as she attacked the male and tried to bite down on him. But luckily his molting feathers came into play and she found herself without anything. She began to choke on the feathers as she thrashed to get them out of her mouth. Giving the male enough time to swat her with his tail...hard. That caused Big One to fly back a few feet but the male would not be deterred. He screeched while the other one tried once again to corner him. But the male proved to be smarter then that.

 

Making barking calls to the other two as he had them chase him around the cage. Keeping them well away from Robert then leaping up as high as he can they tried to follow him.

 

Only to be electrocuted on the fencing.

 

The male was clever enough to land on his feet and disappear back into the underbrush of the raptor pen.

 

Robert was bruised but he was not beaten Big One had returned when the male left and was about to come at him again. Then out of nowhere a flash of brilliant flame colors came around and the male once again tackled Big One. Big One was caught off guard and raced away back into the underbrush. The male's tail ticked like a bird and Robert did not move for fear of catching his attention.

 

But the male already knew he was there and so came closer to him slowly. It sniffed at him coming so close that he thought the raptor was going to kill him himself.

 

What he found instead proved his theory about the raptor being different.

 

It sniffed at him catching his scent before he began to groom him catching the blood that had come from a cut above his eye. The soft purrs that came from the raptor caused Robert to smile as he slowly brought his hand up and patted the Raptor's neck.

 

“So you are the one from the files,” Robert said as he stroked the raptor.

 

The raptor purred as he put his head down allowing Robert to pet him some more.

 

Nico I think your name is right?” he said.

 

Nico was more then happy to accept Robert as a friend. After all he did save his life.

 

Robert managed to get himself up with Nico to help. Together they made their way to the door with Robert leaning on Nico. The raptor knew he can't come out but he headbutted Robert to show he has a friend.

 

“Alright buddy now I am going to talk to a few people you be good you hear me,” he said.

 

Nico waved his tail to know that he understood. Robert then ruffled his head taking off a few more feathers at the same time. The raptor seemed to enjoy it as he leaned in for more.

 

“I have to go now but maybe sometime later I can visit?” he said and the raptor only replied by butting his hand again and purring.

 

Robert hobbled out of the Raptor pen having settled down the raptors. Nico gave a soft whining noise Robert reached into his pocket and pulled out a jerky. Nico's head went up and he tossed the treat. Catching it the raptor was happy to make a new friend when Robert closed the door.

 

Sighing Robert went to the observation window. Nico was already there watching him and swinging his tail lazily. Robert knew he made a connection when he exited the building.

 

 

 

AN HOUR LATER

 

 

 

After taking care of the new born raptor chick. The group finally made their way towards the pen where the adults were kept. Alan was hesitant to come here fearing that Nico might not be here. He was worried about the other raptors hurting him or worse since he is not part of their pack.

 

The screeching and screaming could be heard from the pen. Armed personnel waited on the watch tower just on the left hand side. Two men were on top with what look like lethal weapons and an electrified fence was surrounding the holding area.

 

“Now as you can see they are in here right now because their paddock is not ready for them yet. We had found an error in the holding area because there seems to be a problem with our raptors,” Hammond said.

 

“And what would that be?” Alan asked fearing some sort of disease.

 

The sound of a crane could be heard as the baying of a steer was made. As soon as it was up and the steer attached it was hoisted up and the steer was then lowered into the pen. As soon as that happened the sounds of ravenous raptors filled the air as they attacked and devoured the steer. As soon as that happened everyone became uncomfortable with the parts and blood flying everywhere.

 

The only ones unaffected were of course Alan and Ellie having been used to this.

 

The snarling and growling of the raptors as they satisfied their hunger filled their ears. Dr. Ian Malcolm looks like his about to be sick while Genaro did not hold back and started to throw up off the railing.

 

Luckily no one was around to be puked on.

 

“They should be destroyed!” a voice said and the group turned to stare at the game warden.

 

“Ah Robert Muldoon my Game Warden from Kenya he is in charge of the animal safety here,” Hammond said as Alan shook his hand.

 

“Why are you feeding them like this? Why aren't you interacting with the animals?” Alan asked.

 

“We can't they become lethal at eight months and I do mean lethal. We bred eight originally and then we introduced the one we called, 'Big One,' she killed all but two others. Then we introduced the male he seems to bring some sort of balance to the group. Big One tries to go for him but he keeps her in line....sort of,” Robert replied.

 


“Really? How aggressive are they?” Alan asked.

 

“Very they can run at cheetah speed if they got out in the open.” Robert replied then leaned in and whispered, “I need to speak with you,”

 

Alan caught the man's eye and nodded faintly.

 

Robert explained how and why they are feeding the raptors the way they are. The sounds of the crane came lifting up and they lift was covered in blood and gore and torn to shreds. Not a single piece of bone was found.

 

“Well Who's hungry?” Hammond said.

 

“You folks go on I like to speak to Mr. Muldoon if you don't mind I am interested in these animals,” Alan said.

 

Ellie gave him a look and Alan nodded, “I will stay here with Dr. Grant if you don't mind Mr. Hammond,” Ellie said.

 

“Alright we will meet you at the Visitor's Center before we go into the park,” with that the others left.

 

“Alright they are gone what do you wish to speak to me about?” Alan asked.

 

“Did Mr. Hammond tell you about our investigation,” Robert said as he led them into the compound.

 


“Yes, Hammond explained that someone is smuggling dinosaurs on and off the island,” Alan replied.

 

“Well just this morning I had gotten your fax about your animals. So far we have confirmed three of your missing dinosaurs,” Robert replied.

 

“Really? Which ones?” Alan said.

 


“The Dilophosaur, the Archeopteryx, and the Raptor,” Robert replied.

 

“Well we identified our Ankylosaur when we arrived she is with the herds,” Ellie said.

 

“Good now we have to identify the T-Rex and the Pteranodon and we have all of them,” Robert said.

 


“When did they arrive?” Alan asked.

 

“They arrived just a few weeks ago. One of our ships ran sank before they could make it here with our new animals. Somehow a smuggling vessel took its place with the same identification marks and landed on our loading docks. We then transported the animals to their respective facilities. I grew suspicious when I noticed a slight change in the animals. The T-Rex and the Velociraptor respectively. Both had feathers something none of our dinosaurs have and Dr. Wu does not remember having an archeopteryx on file as one of the animals we discovered. It was funny really having discovered a new dinosaur and not know about it. Jurassic Park and In-Gen keep very tight records of all their animals. From vet records to DNA samples. And none of your animals matched ours. When Chow came to do a match and found that they are different from ours that is when my suspicions were confirmed. Someone else was breeding them,” Robert replied as they came in front of a viewing glass.

 

Alan could now clearly see into the paddock with the bushes and trees around. The remains of the steer clear as day with the blood stains and bits of gore on the ground.

 

Alan tried to identify the raptors that were busy by themselves. None of them were very social as they won't groom each other. One large one was sleeping on a rock her snout stained with blood and the flies buzzed around it.

 

However there was no signs of the more brown male.

 

But Alan was not deterred he began to whistle something that they can hear in the pen. The raptor's heads shot up and glared but Alan continued to whistle.

 

Suddenly a barking call was heard in the bushes and Alan smiled. Both he and Ellie looked at each other before she too did the whistle.

 

Then out of the bushes a slightly feathered raptor appeared. Alan recognized him instantly with his red stripe and feathers molting down from his body.

 

“Nico,” he whispered.

 

At seeing Alan and Ellie Nico waved his tail in a slow motion. His eyes softened as he came to the viewing glass whining. Putting his hand on the glass Alan was near tears at seeing the state of his raptor.

 

“I tried to get him out but the board will have none of it. I was hoping that when the paddock is ready in three weeks that he can have some space.” Robert replied.

 

Alan stroked the glass as if stroking his raptor.

 

“Nico...oh God Nico I miss you buddy,” he said.

 

His response was the whine from the raptor.

 

SOMETIME LATER

 

 

“So you said that the animals were transported here by a smuggling vessel?” Alan said.

 

“Yes, somehow that vessel was used to smuggle our animals in and our using identification from In-Gen's list of authorized ships. Now we know that someone on the inside is doing this but so far they have covered their tracks far too well for us to find them.” Robert said.

 

“Shit so finding them before they decide to ship the animals out is going to be a challenge,” Ellie replied.

 

“Exactly that is why Mr. Hammond, Dr. Wu, Mr. Arnold and I need your help because already we lost too many animals to these bastards and we have not even opened yet!” Robert said.

 

“So we need to find out who is the supplier and why they had taken my animals?” Alan said

 

“If you want my opinion your animals are trained right?” Robert said.

 

“Yes,” Alan replied.

 

“Well if I had to guess trained dinosaurs are worth more money then those caught in the wild. The people who are catching these animals want something wild sure but something they can control,” Robert replied.

 

“But that is just the thing they will only respond to me and Ellie mainly.” Alan replied.

 

“Well I established something with Nico there but the relationship you have with him will no doubt be stronger,” Robert replied.

 

“That is because I imprinted on him,” Alan replied.

 

“Good because you are going to need it,” Robert said.

 

“Now Al we need to get going and not keep Mr. Hammond waiting,” Ellie replied.

 

“Yeah and do be careful out there Dr. Grant,” Robert said.

 

“Don't worry I will just keep an eye on Nico for me will ya?” Alan replied

 

 

To Be Continued.....

 

Chapter 8: Our Target Audience

Summary:

As the title says...

Chapter Text

JURASSIC PARK VISITOR'S CENTER

 

After a meeting with David Arnold the head of Jurassic Park Control. The inspection group made it down towards the main lobby. There Hammond was going on about the wonders the park would bring if they were allowed to open.

“GRANDPA!” a duo of voices said and Hammond's eye lit up like a Christmas Tree.

Alan and Ellie watched as two children came racing towards the old man and tackled him to the ground. Through the chatter Alan could make out the 'We love the ride!' and 'We love the presents you sent us grandpa!' they said.

Alan had to smile for the two children both brother and sister reminded him of the Grady's. Both Owen and his sister would often times tackle him when he comes to visit the dig with the dinosaurs.

Hammond laughed when he held his grandkids to him and told them to let him up. When they finally let their grandpa up he shook the imaginary dust off himself and put an arm around each grandchild. “Alright children are you ready to see what your grandpa has to offer?” he said.

The children gave their delighted cheers as they walked out with their grandfather.

Alan watched as they walked away and Ian had a frown on his face.

“Is there something wrong Dr. Malcolm?” Alan asked.

“There is always something going wrong. I can just see it this will end in disaster,” Malcolm replied.

“Well you are the psychic lead the way Dr. Malcolm,” Alan said gesturing with his hand in a sarcastic manner.

 

JURASSIC PARK TRICERATOPS PADDOCK

 

Jessie Harding rolled her eyes once again as Frankie went after another bug. This one was a butterfly that had some how gotten stuck on the front grill of the jeep. After trying to get the archeopteryx to return to his cage and failed miserably. Dr. Harding had no choice but to take him with him. The good thing was that Frankie likes Jessie's shoulder and the whole time he was treating the Triceratops the small dinosaur was busy catching bugs.

It was a good thing really since the mosquitoes were a pain to deal with. Frankie seemed to enjoy them as he hopped from one person to the next chasing the bugs.

Jessie had to laugh when he ate one that landed on the trike as well as ate a few ticks. It seems parasites do not differentiate between normal hosts and dinosaurs.

But it was still the same. Frankie ate his fill and then set to explore the area around him, or preen on Jessie's shoulder. The girl had to giggle when Frankie tried to irritate the others much to their protests. Jessie had to walk away from them in order for Frankie to behave.

“Come on you little pest,” Jessie said to Frankie as the Archeopteryx flew back to her exposed arm for a nice size roach. Even though he did not eat it Frankie took the roach and tossed it out before preening.

“What ate too much?” Jessie teased as she stroked his feathers.

Frankie then preened himself some more as he was set to make his feathers look good.

“You are something else no wonder Dr. Grant calls you 'Little Shit!'” Jessie laughed.

Frankie gave a warble as he shook himself and continued to preen.

“Oh ha ha very funny,” Jessie said as she reached up to stroke him.

 

OUTSIDE THE VISITOR'S CENTER

 

Tim would not stop asking questions. But then Alan is used to it seeing as Owen and his sister would do the same. The only difference was that Owen would shut up once Nico would come in, and the raptor would take the kids off of Alan's hands. He missed the Grady's and their kids. Maybe when this is over he can visit them in Washington.

With that thought he was having fun answering Tim's questions about the book that Alan wrote.

As he looked he noticed that Tim's older sister Lex was giving a star eyed look. One that he was familiar with back at the dig. He had to mentally groan on that one seeing as he'd get that often. Ellie was no help as she was giving Alan a hard time about it.

They were currently standing just outside the Visitor's Center waiting for their ride to begin the tour. Just as he thought about it two cars pulled up. Both of them modified Ford Explorers one that he was familiar with since he owned one back home in Montana.

The doors automatically opened allowing them to enter. The kids entered one car with Gennaro the Lawyer while he, Ellie, and Ian Malcolm entered the second vehicle. He could not be more enthused by it. Alan wanted to be with the kids since he found them a good distraction, but Ian wanted to discuss something with him. So he and Ellie entered the back vehicle to discuss their plans in private. When he entered he saw to his amusement that the camera above the rear view mirror was being harassed by the said mathematician.

Just as they seated themselves into the chair the car began to move. It was on autopilot since the steering wheel had a plastic plate blocking. The automatic voice of Richard Kiley was playing as they rode off towards the two impressive gates above.

 

JURASSIC PARK VETENARIAN CENTER

Dennis Nedry once again stood in front of the cage that contained that strange dinosaur that he had visited for a while. One of the dinosaurs that he was set on delivering to his secret employer on the mainland. He had once again had his fun with the creature smirking as the dinosaur now lay on the bottom of the cage. It was heavily drugged so it was unaware that Nedry had his fun with the animal. Nedry placed the stick he used to poke the animal on the side then continued to taunt the animal. As he was taunting the animal
he could hear footsteps in the hallway meaning that someone was coming. He quickly stepped out and made his way back towards the control room. But not before grabbing something to eat along the way.

When he left he was unaware that the drug was not totally effective and that the dinosaur in question was giving him a hateful glare. One that promised much pain and death should the two crossed paths yet again.

 

JURASSIC PARK CONTROL ROOM

“Where have you been you're late!” Ray Arnold yelled at Dennis when he entered the control room.

“Sorry I had to use the bathroom and grab something to eat. I was running late after all.” Dennis replied as he sat down at his station. He then went through and quickly deleted the video footage of his visit to the vet's center playing the film on loop and purposely changing the time to make sure that he was not discovered.

“Good now that you're here the tour has just started,” Ray said as he lit another cigarette.

Nedry glared at him as he started typing away making sure the code was up to snuff. But that was not what he was also doing. He was making sure that his people were ready for tonight. It was the night that things are going to go down. As he looked at the satellite feeds a storm was making its way towards the islands. So he was not too surprised that things are going to get ugly. But it also brought the perfect opportunity to strike. He was on a deadline so he has to make sure that everything was in place. Nedry then grabbed his phone and called a number.

 

“Is everything in place,” he said on the line and when Ray asked he only said he called Maintenance.

 

“Everything is in place just say the word and we will have the animals ready for transport.” the person on the other line said.

“Good start the operation at five and I will be there at seven,” Nedry replied and there was an affirmative on the other end.

Nedry then hung up the phone and continued to type.

Everything was going according to plan.

 

MEANWHILE

 

Alan was not having a good time. The dinosaurs were supposed to show up, but so far both the T-Rex and the Dilophosaur did not show up. But Alan expected that much from the Dilophosaurs since they are more nocturnal hunters like the raptors. The T-Rex judging from the time of day and the heat he could just say that they are resting. Rosco often did that when it was too hot out. And judging by the humidity there is a storm brewing. His instincts never lied to him.

“So Dr. Grant now that we are alone want to tell me what is going on? I mean I've tried to listen to the conversations you've had with Hammond but I am left in the dark. And what is up with that dinosaur back there?” Ian Malcolm said to him.

Alan sighed, “Up until two months ago I've had six dinosaurs at my disposal. I've had them since they hatched about five years ago. Then they were stolen. A bunch of guys came over with guns knocked my ass out and stolen my animals. Hammond when I've gotten a hold of him had the same problems. His animals are being stolen and we want them back. My animals are family to me and they are the only kids I've got.” Alan replied.

“It seems like they love you as much as you love them,” Ian replied.

“Of course they do! Alan has raised them himself and built his house to suit their needs. You should see them they are possessive of him...well and the Grady kids. But still they are possessive they love him, children and everyone that lives around the ranch he owns. You see they are not contained like these animals are. They were free to roam around as they see fit. The only reason they stayed is because they loved Alan. You should see Rosco his T-Rex the lug that he is, is like a cat wanting attention,” Ellie said.

“I see so you two are here trying to find these missing dinosaurs?” Ian asked.

“Well we found one and Robert was the one who save the second one. So far that is two and Hammond told us they are here. They confirmed it so now we need to find the rest and then deal with the thieves.” Alan replied.

“Well I can tell you one thing Chaos is on your side today,” Ian said as he sat down.

“So you are not going to say anything else?” Alan asked.

“Well I can help since In-Gen has hired me to inspect the park. So far I am not impressed and know that this park will fail. Already I see so many things that can go wrong with it. Things I really hate to do because for one like you said they should not be contained. They can be taught to avoid cars and people, but not contained like this. From what I see this is neglect and Man's version of arrogance,” Ian said.

“I take it you're religious?” Alan said.

“My mother was Catholic. Days like this I wish I had my kids with me,” Ian replied.

“You have kids?” Ellie asked.

“About four of them,” Ian replied.

Just then the cars passed the Triceratops Paddock Alan noticed some activity going on. While the car was moving he quickly exited the vehicle and went down to see what the commotion was about.

 

CONTROL ROOM

 

Alarms began to blare as the control room went into chaos. Ray had to quickly stop the tour just as both Alan and Ellie and then Ian quickly exited the vehicles heading towards the paddock. Hammond became alarmed while Nedry quickly typed away a new protocol to ensure that the vehicles stop immediately when a door was opened.

“I knew we should have put locking mechanisms on the vehicle doors!” Ray shouted as he argued with Hammond about safety. That gave Nedry plenty of time to put in the final protocols for his little surprise.

 

TRICERATOPS PADDOCK.

 

Alan stared in amazement at the Triceratops before him. It was obviously sick and he was sad to see it. But it was one of his favorite dinosaurs and it still is. He stroked her down as she looked at him pitifully. Ellie was just as amazed to see the Trike and she laughed when Alan laid down on the dinosaur and listen to its heart beat. It was a stunning sight to see as the man was obviously comforting the dinosaur.

It was then that Ellie got a good look at the mouth of the dinosaur. The tongue had puss vesicles meaning that she had consumed something poisonous. After about five minutes of walking around she spotted something that she knew was poisonous.

“Is this West Indian Lilac?” Ellie asked.

“Yeah,” said a voice and Ellie shooks hands with Dr. Harding the chief vet.

“Do they?” Ellie did not finish their sentence when the vet shook his head, “The animals know their toxic so they don't eat them but this happens ever six weeks.” Harding said.

“Every six weeks?” Ellie said remembering something she had seen before.

Then it hit her, “Alan!” she called to Alan who was busy comforting the animal.

“Yeah?” asked Alan.

“Didn't Tank get sick every six weeks at some point?” Ellie asked.

“Yeah every time she ate....oh I see,” Alan said as Ellie nodded, “Hey Doc I noticed some rocks on the ground below the Lilacs do your Trikes ingest stones?” she asked.

 

“I see what you are saying let me check,” Gerry said.

He then put his stethoscope on the belly of the trike and began to listen. Sure enough he could hear the sounds of something digesting.

“Yes I can hear them she does have stones. She must have digested the berries by mistake as well,” Gerry said happy to finally solve that mystery. Why don't you have her eat something laxative to get her to expel the berries?” Ellie said.

Gerry was glad for the help as he and the staff began to dig up the plants and the berries.

When she gotten back to the animal she found to her shock the kids had also gotten out of the cars too. They were busy surrounding Alan as he rubbed the stomach of the Triceratops. The dinosaur rumbled low and she started to vomit.

When she was done Lex looked ready to puke herself but Ellie was not focused on her. Instead she was focused more on the contents of the Triceratops stomach.

Sure enough there was the stones and the berries.

“Well I'll be damned,” said Gerry.

“Dad is everything alright?” said a new voice.

“Everything is fine Jessie,” Gerry said.

Just then there was a screech and a shout and everyone turned just as Alan was trying to swat away a very excited Frankie.

“What the fuck! Frankie! Frankie you little shit! Come here!” Alan shouted as the archeopteryx landed on his head and looked down at him. Frankie then proceeded to nuzzle and give his attention to his long lost father.

“Alright you little troublemaker I miss you too,” Alan said.

Frankie was busy preening Alan's hair as he stroked the animal down. Frankie let his displeasure at being separated known by leaving a very nasty, very smelly mess on Alan's shirt.

Jessie Harding could not help it but start laughing when she saw it. It was not on the back of Alan's shirt it was on the front and Frankie looked proud to do it too. The small little dinosaur was busy marking his father as he continued to show his affection.

“Alright Frankie you've had your fun now I am a smelly mess!” Alan said.

Frankie only chittered a reply.

“Frankie come here you are driving Dr. Grant nuts!” Jessie tried to get to the animal but he only flew off and around Ellie before landing on Lex's shoulder. He hissed as he raised his tail before crooning to Lex who looked very nervous. Frankie then started to twitter and settled down on her shoulder. His whistle made Jessie giggle as she came closer.

“Don't worry he is not going to bite Dr. Grant is just his owner. He likes you so he won't poop on you,” Jessie said.

Lex turned to the little guy as he sat down on her shoulder. He then started to whistle the theme song for the Swat Kats. Tim started to laugh and Lex had to smile. As she slowly reached up.

“Wait don't pet him like that do it from underneath like this,” Jessie said showing her how to pet Frankie. Lex did so earning another warble. Frankie leaned into the touch while giving Alan a glare.

“Alright already I am sorry for not being there for two months am I forgiven now you little demon?” Alan said.

Frankie gave Lex a peck to the lips before flying back to Alan. The girl in question was stunned as Jessie and Tim started laughing.

“Alright now you Casanova that is enough out of you,” Alan said while Frankie warbled a trill. He then hung upside down on Alan's outstretched arm and fluffed his feathers.

“Cool what is he?” asked Tim getting closer.

“This is an Archeopteryx his name is Frankie,” Alan said and watched as Tim slowly reached his hand out to Frankie. Frankie then bit the hand gently and then latched himself to him before climbing onto his arm.

“Whoa,” Tim said surprised as Frankie took a good look at him. Shaking his feathers out he warbled a tune of his favorite cartoon song.

The sick Triceratops gave a deep rumble of her own as Gerry patted her down.

“Alright thanks for the tip Dr. Sattler we will be looking for the plant immediately and start pulling it out of the paddock,” he said.

The Triceratops started to come to from her ordeal and Alan helped out by rubbing along her belly. She then gave a large belch before throwing up her stones and the berries that came with it.

“You know you could get stones of your own and put it in a spot where she can eat them so that way it saves you both time and money,” Alan suggested.

“Really?” asked Gerry.

“Yeah bird farmers do it all the time and I used to do it with my Ankylosaur. It both saves you from having to look for the plant and it helps the animal out to have a spot to get stones,” Alan suggested.

“I will look into it,” Gerry replied.

In the meantime Frankie flew from Tim's shoulder to Alan's not wanting to get off. The man only sighed as he stroked his Archeopteryx and Frankie sat down happy to be back with his master.

“He sure is something else!” Jessie said to Alan.

“You have no idea,” Alan replied.

 

CONTROL ROOM

 

Ray Arnold, John Hammond and everyone who was watching the people return to the cars gave a sigh of relief. Just as they did thunder began to boom overhead.

“So now we take them back towards the visitor's center?” asked Nedry whom was typing away at his station.

“Yeah,” Ray replied.

Thunder rumbled overhead again signaling the approaching storm. After getting off the phone with the Coasta Rican National Weather Service Robert was nervous as Ray made the announcement for the boat.

“Do you want to leave Mr. Hammond?” asked Robert.

“No, I have to stay since my Grandkids are on that tour,” said Hammond.

In the meantime Dennis was listening to the two men he began to make final preparations for departure. Getting up he made his excuse to go to the bathroom and walked towards the restrooms. When no one was looking he made his way over to the phone booth just near the main exit.

He dialed a number and gotten a response.

“Is everything ready?” Dennis said.

“Si everything is ready,” said a voice.

“Good wait till sundown the storm will provide you with cover and then move out to get the animals. I want them all accounted for before I meet up with you,” Nedry replied.

“Understood Senor will do,” the voice replied on the other end.

“Remember after sundown you will know when to move out once I pulled the switch. I have my boys here waiting to get the animals from in the cages and meet you near the East Dock,” Nedry replied.

There was a grunt on the other end, “Understood,”

With that Nedry hung up the phone went back to the bathroom and then headed towards the Control room. He can't wait to leave this place behind.

 

Good Bye Jurassic Park

 

To Be Continued.....

Chapter 9: Rock You Like a Hurricane

Summary:

Chaos Begins

Chapter Text

 

 

ISLA NUBLAR, TRICERATOPS PADDOCK

 

 

Thunder began to boom just above them and Jessie and Gerry Harding are getting a bit nervous. The winds had already started to pick up by the time the Triceratops was fully functional. The animal looked even more relieved then previous visits and wondered off back to the herd. Gerry had his gear packed with his employees in the company truck when Jessie came hopping along.

 

“Where is Frankie? Did he leave with Dr. Grant?” asked Gerry.

 

“Yes dad he would not leave him alone,” Jessie replied.

 

Gerry laughed for just as the files said on the little dinosaur. Frankie was an animal of his own. Speaking of which.

 

“We should be heading back. We have to take care of Spitz and see how he is doing,” Gerry said

 

Jessie agreed as they both gotten into the jeep to head back out towards the Visitor's Center.

 

When they got there the rain had started to fall as the winds had picked up to dangerous levels.

 

Thankfully the port where the jeeps were kept were still in one shape and highly sheltered.

 

The winds had really picked up by the time they had returned to the Vet Center about an hour later. The boat at this time had already left so that means everyone was hunkered down for the night. The lightning began to dance across the sky while the rain pounded the Visitor's Center. It came in torrents and visibility was very low. The trees bent or broke under the wind's assault. Gerry and Jessie were glad to be inside when it started.

 

When Gerry gotten back to his office he noticed that Spitz's cage was wide open and the dilophosaur was gone.

 

“Who signed Spitz's forms!” Gerry shouted towards the offices.

 

Only to find them empty.

 

“Shit! I forgot they were going on the boat,” Gerry said to Jessie.

 

“Dad I don't like the looks of this,” Jessie said looking down on the ground.

 

There was blood that came from the cage. Meaning that Spitz was still slightly wounded.

 

It was also then that they heard a moan coming from one of the janitorial closets. Quickly rushing towards the closet Gerry opened it up to find the bloody body of one of his assistants.

 

“Mitch! Mitch! Speak to me what happened!” Gerry said trying to untie the man. Jessie handed him his pocket knife while the man struggled out of the closet.

 

“They took him Gerry! I tried to stop them but they took him!” The Assistant said shaking.

 

“Who took who?” Gerry said.

 

“Some strange men with guns they came into the building and took the Dilophosaur. They took him!” the Vet Assistant babbled.

 

“Where was Security?” Gerry asked.

 

“I don't know they were supposed to stay outside. Oh I don't know,” the man said shaken.

 

Gerry went towards the cages and his office. Once he opened the door the sight that greeted him was indeed gruesome. A gasp was heard and Gerry turned to see a frightened Jessie standing there with her eyes wide.

 

There on the floor was a puddle of black goo and what appears to be blood. However behind the desk was a body that looked like it was torn to shreds. The office itself was trashed as blood and gore clung to the walls. Gerry was not too much in shock at the sight to see for himself that the man was not killed by a dinosaur.

 

He was shot by a bullet to the head.

 

His brains were splattered against the back wall and Gerry nearly hurled his lunch.

 

“OH God Patrick!” the assistant said as he gagged at the sight.

 

“I am sorry Mitch,” Gerry said looking at the gruesome sight.

 

The storm raged around them when the lighting hit. Thankfully all the power lines were underground. So that means that the power was not effected by the storm. But through the flashes of lighting outside, and the lights of the office he could make out the claw marks on the walls meaning that the dinosaur was not taken willingly. The blood on the ground and the dragging indentations meant that somehow whoever took the dinosaur managed to contain it.

 

“Mitch tell me what happened and don't skip out on the details,” Gerry said.

 

“I went to check up on the Dilophosaur like you asked me too. I think he and I are getting along great after all I checked the files you sent me about him....Spitz is his name. Anyways I went to check up on him and give him a snack. When the door suddenly was shattered open and these guys all came pouring in. They had guns and some had taser rods like the ones they used for dinosaurs. Anyways they went after Spitz but Patrick got in the way. He was in the bathroom when they commotion happened. And like the idiot that he was came out to investigate. That was when the men shot him. Spitz....he didn't take it very well and broke free of the restraints.

 

Oh God Gerry you should have seen it! When they came after me that dinosaur....that dinosaur tried to protect me! He tried to protect me I have no idea what I did to deserve it. All I did was give him treats and water and such that was all!” Mitch said.

 

“Sometimes the kindest deeds are noticed by the most unlikely of animals. Spitz remembers you as someone who has treated him kindly. He knows you wouldn't hurt him so he was trying to protect you which is a good thing in my book,” Gerry said.

 

Mitch nodded and continued, “He was forced back by the shock prods but he managed to hit one of the guys with his venom. His tail hit me and knocked me out. That was how I ended up in the closet and I think that is how they manged to tie me up. Then I heard the struggling and the cries of pain before it became quiet. Then I heard the dragging.....they dragged him out I think they tranq'd him boss.” Mitch said his voice becoming more high pitched as he started to hyperventilate.

 

“Easy there you did well, here sit and rest,” Gerry said helping him to a chair and getting him something to sooth his nerves.

 

“I failed him Gerry I tried but they took him...” Mitch said and Gerry let him sit down while he and Jessie head up to the control room.

 

 

JURASSIC PARK CONTROL ROOM

 

 

Dennis Nedry knew that he can't drive in this weather so he was forced to reprogram the virus to be on a timer. That way he can use the underground tunnels to get to the docks. That was the back up plan. Already he had confirmation that they had taken the Dilophosaur from the vets office. All they need now is the Raptor and the Archeopteryx and they are good.

 

The problem is the raptor is the enclosure that the raptors are quarantined in. It is heavily guarded so to get them Nedry had to plan carefully and this tour provided that opportunity. So far they had gotten the T-Rex, the Pteranodon, the Ankylosaur and the Dilophosaur they just need the final two and they they are good.

 

He also had to time it from here to the lab to get the samples he needs to complete his mission. Dodgson will not be pleased if any of his samples are not on the shipment lists.

 

Looking at the time he was glad he has five minutes till shift was over. Then he will get out even though there was a natural disaster. He can use it for cover. Jurassic Park was built that way.

 

But not for long.

 

His watch beeped to alert him to the time as he finished typing in the last code.

 

“Ok I am heading out now,” Nedry said like he always said at shift end. Just as he said he hit execute and closed the screen so that way no one can see him. Then shutting down his computer he headed out the door with a tired look on his face.

 

Just as his face was turned it turned from a tired look into a smirk. He walked towards the entrance just to get away from the security, and the people who chose to remain due to the storm. As he walked he then made a beeline for the labs.

 

Just as he past the bathrooms Gerry and Jessie Harding past him on their way to the control room.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

The door opened and Gerry Harding entered along with his daughter.

 

“Gerry what brings you here?” Mr. Hammond said as they both entered.

 

“Hammond they struck again,” Gerry said and relayed what he learned from returning from the vet's center.

 

“Shit! That was Grant's dinosaur too,” Ray said angry that this happened.

 

“Yeah, well Spitz remained in my care because someone was intentionally hitting him. I was trying to catch the culprit but he was too slippery for me. I just got back when that happened and poor Mitch is too shook up to come up here to tell you himself,” Gerry said.

 

“Fuck, that means they are going to be going after the others soon,” Robert said from his post on the table.

 

“Yeah they are hitting tonight under the cover of the storm. They know that the cameras are not working properly during this storm meaning that someone on the inside was feeding them information.” said Ray.

 

“Bloody Hell! That puts us in a bind, not only do we have to watch out for Hammond's Grandkids, but we have to watch out for runaway poachers as well!” Robert replied.

 

“How are the jeeps fairing in this weather,” Hammond finally spoke up.

 

“So far they are sheltered from the storm as long as they stay within the vehicles. They cars are nearing the T-Rex Paddock,” said Ray.

 

“Hopefully they can get some shelter there,” said Hammond.

 

“There should be some emergency maintenance sheds nearby.” said Robert.

 

“Where?” said Hammond.

 

“Right by the restrooms the Paddock has a stop area with restrooms for the guests and the shed is about twenty feet from it. That way the people cleaning the bathrooms don't have to drive very far. They can take the tunnels back to the Visitor's Center,” Robert replied.

 

“They don't have a key card so how can they get into the shed,” Ray said.

 

“Shit! Nedry has gone home already,” said Hammond.

 

“Don't worry I got this,” Ray said as he walked over to a console and started typing. What greeted him instead was.....

 

 

 

ACCESS DENIED

 

“What the fuck?” Ray said and started typing again.

 

“What is it?” Hammond asked.

 

“Somehow I can't access the system,” Ray replied.

 

“What? But you are the head administrator,” Hammond said as he scooted closer.

 

It was then that the lights started the flicker.

 

“What the hell?” said Robert as he got up.

 

“What is it?” Hammond said.

 

“Someone has tampered with the power output for the park,” Ray replied.

 

“What?” Robert then got up to look and sure enough there were alarms going off at every part of the park.

 

“Oh shit! Someone check the tour cars!” Ray shouted and Hammond quickly rushed over to see where the tour cars have landed.

 

It was well away from shelter.

 

“Fucken Mary Mother of Christ!” he cursed which was rare for him.

 

“What?” Robert asked.

 

“They are right outside of Rexy's Paddock and well away from shelter. The cars stopped there and with this weather we don't know what would happen,” Hammond said.

 

“May God have mercy on us,” Robert replied.

 

 

GENETICS LABORATORY, VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

 

Dennis Nedry grinned when the power started to flicker. Making his way towards the genetics laboratory had been easy since it was on the way out the employee door. The back door to the lab was through a hallway that separated the tour from the behind the scenes thing. Nedry had used this hall hundreds of times since it was the main way to the Control room. As he walked past the lab he looked inside to see Dr. Wu still working on the latest samples. He and his team were helping with the baby dinosaurs that were being born at the last minute.

 

Nedry could not count his luck.

 

The only problem was that the room where the embryo's were kept was on the other side. Luckily there was an emergency door just off to the left, but even then he has to go through decontamination before entering.

 

Something Nedry was not looking forward to.

 

He waited till the lights flickered again and the scientists moving the babies away before he made his move. Counting down the seconds since the camera's turned away from him he entered the lab. Having memorized the security cameras locations and blind spots Nedry then moved towards the back of the lab. When he got there he managed to finally find what he was looking for. The embryo storage room and thankfully the lights flickered again before finally the door and the camera went off.

 

Smirking Nedry then went in and started pulling up the containment chambers.

 

Then slowly he stared unscrewing his barbosol can and began to extract the embryos.

 

“Dennis what are you doing here? Checking up on the cameras?” a voice said.

 

Nedry cursed as he turned, “Dr. Wu I thought you left,” he said smirking trying to play innocent.

 

“I was ...wait what are you doing?” Wu said having seen the canister in Nedry's hands and the Embryo's.

 

Having No choice Nedry threw his right fist into Wu's face forcing the man to his his head on the door and drop to the floor. Then taking his can out again he began to once again collect his Embryos before leaving the facility.

 

He walked briskly towards the exit tunnels that would take him back towards the employee area. There he will start packing because the security feeds are what is going to keep Hammond and the others busy. When he got there he grabbed his bag with his few belongings and headed out towards the garage where he had one of his goons keep a jeep for him just in case. He would use the tunnels to get towards the area that would lead to the east docks then he would take the boat. Hopefully by now they had the animals loaded and as soon as the storm lets up be on their way.

 

Nedry was glad for the storm it provided the perfect cover.

 

 

 

T-REX PADDOCK

 

 

Tim loved storms it was exciting to watch the lighting and rain fall from his window. But right now however he could hardly see a thing. The air conditioning from the vents has gone out forcing them to roll down the windows partially to breath. Gennaro was busy sleeping his mouth wide open and a bit of drool was coming out. Lex was board but she was busy looking outside. Currently what she was doing was trying to read about the systems in the park.

 

“Where did you get that?” Tim asked leaning over.

 

“I took it from a man that grandpa was talking to,” Lex said.

 

“You know that is stealing,” Tim replied.

 

“I know but these systems are fascinating,” Lex replied.

 

“You are such a nerd Lex,” Tim said.

 

“I am a hacker not a nerd there is a difference,” Lex replied.

 

 

“Really how so?” Tim asked.

 

“A Nerd is a person who knows everything and is a complete dork. A hacker like me is someone who can weave their way through the computer systems like a maze and then get to the bigger prize,” Lex said.

 

“Like a video game?” Tim said.

 

“Yes like a video game only more complex then a video game something you don't get,” Lex replied.

 

 

“Yet,” Tim said.

 

“Yet,”

 

“You are still a Nerd,” Tim said as he leaned back on his chair.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

“Why did we stop?” Ian asked Alan from where they sat in the back.

 

 

“We stopped because the power went out,” Alan said.

 

 

“Oh how did you know this? Is it because of Chaos Theory,” Ian joked.

 

Alan only glared at him.

 

The rain was coming down really hard now as the winds started to really pick up. They had been slowly making their way back towards the Visitor's Center when the winds forced them to slow down. Now they had stopped because of the power going out. Alan did not worry so much about Ian and himself. It was the children he was worried about. The lawyer he could care less because he rubs him off as a slimy bastard. But Ian and the kids he was concerned.

 

 

The loud booms of thunder and the flash of lightning was all that Alan needs to know that this was a fully blown hurricane. The wind bent the trees in such a way that he was afraid that one them would fall and hurt someone. The rain was coming down in sheets causing a massive amount of flooding and if they don't get to shelter soon then he don't know what is going to happen.

 

 

VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

Vision started to return to Henry Wu as he started to come to. People were surrounding him as he slowly opened his eyes. As he came to he was suddenly in the presence of blond hair and realized that Dr. Sattler and Dr. Harding were looking at him.

 

It was Dr. Harding that was shinning the light in his face.

 

 

“Dr. Wu are you alright?” Gerry said.

 

“Owww, what happened?” Henry asked.

 

“You were knocked out my friend it was by luck that we found you when we did. One of your assistants went to check on you and found you on the floor,” Gerry said as he patched him up.

 

“Dennis, Dennis where is he?” Wu said as things started to come back.

 

“Dennis? What about him?” asked Gerry.

 

“He stolen....he stolen my Embryos,” Henry wheezed as he was helped into a sitting position.

 

“What?” Gerry asked.

 

“I went to get the charts so we can log the health of our newest dinosaurs. My team and I missed the boat because we had to care for the new animals. I noticed Nedry at the door to the Embryo storage and went to investigate. When I got there he was stealing the embryos,” Henry said and winced as he got up.

 

“Henry you are in no condition to get up,” Ellie said as she helped him back down.

 

“I have to warn Mr. Hammond it was Dennis, he is the thief!” Henry replied.

 


“Don't worry about Mr. Hammond I will let him know,” Ellie said and it was something in her voice that bothered him.

 

“Now you get some rest Henry I will take care of the rest,” Gerry said.

 

 

EMPLOYEE QUARTERS

 

 

Jessie Harding had just gotten out of the kitchen. Having been sent home by her father she went towards the kitchen to prepare something to eat. As she was sitting on the couch drinking a warm cup of coco and some soup she heard heavy footsteps outside her door. Curious she walked out to investigate.

 

 

Opening the door she was greeted by Dennis Nedry as he was trying to make a hasty retreat.

 

 

“Mr. Nedry are you alright?” Jessie asked.

 

Nedry stopped and slowly turned around. Jessie could barely make out his look of utter annoyance.

 

“I am fine kid just startled that is all,” Nedry relied.

 

“Do you need a hand with anything?” Jessie asked noticing him carrying a large bag.

 

“No I am fine kid now I have to get going,” Nedry said as he tried to hurry.

 

“Where are you going exactly the boat left hours ago,” Jessie said.

 

“I am going back to the visitor's center I just had to get some clothes because this weather is not breaking any time soon,” Nedry replied.

 

“Ok Mr. Nedry hope you make it back in one piece this storm is really nasty,” just as Jessie said it the lights began to flicker again.

 

Nedry had to think about it but then an idea struck and one he was not going to regret. Just as the lights went dark again he pulled something from his bag. It was a bottle and some cloth.

 

“Well you have a good night now Ms. Harding,” he said and pretended to open and shut the door since the lights stayed dark.

 

Jessie had no idea what hit her till the large beefy hand came around her face with the cloth and she struggled to breathe. She tried all she could to fight the figure in the dark. Food was knocked over and things went flying. It lasted only for a few seconds till the drug took effect and she started to fall towards the ground.

 

Dennis quickly scooped her up as well as drug his bag towards the elevators. When he gotten there he managed to use the override to let him down. When he gotten down to the bottom floor he quickly made his way to the garage with the jeep. There he threw into the backseat but not before tying her up. When she was tied up he started to make his way out into the storm.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

“Mr. Hammond! Mr. Hammond!” Someone shouted and Hammond, Robert and Ray turned towards the noise. It was Henry Wu being supported by both Gerry and Ellie.

 

Ray quickly opened the door and asked what was going on.

 

“The phones are dead we tried to call but the lines are down.” Gerry said.

 

“Nedry said that a few systems are going offline for a while,” said Hammond.

 

“Henry what the fuck happened to you?” Robert asked noticing the swollen face and stitches.

 

“Nedry that's what!” Henry said a bit distressed.

 

“What do you mean Nedry? What has that fat bastard done to you?” asked Ray.

 

“He fucken stolen my embryos that's what!” Henry said angry that something happened.

 

“What?” Hammond rose and hobbled over to him.

 

“I saw him at the lab. My team and I missed the boat because the babies started to hatch right after the raptor. When we cared for them and set them in the nursery I forgot my clipboard. That was when I saw Nedry at the storage rooms. At first I thought he was just checking security, but it turns out that fat bastard was the one stealing my dinos!” Henry said.

 

“Wait? Are you saying that Nedry stole you embryos? How many?” Robert said getting up.

 

“ALL OF THEM!” now it was Henry's frantic voice that got all three men to their feet.

 

“He hit me when I confronted him and I hit my head on the doorway. I have no idea how I am going to get through with this if he manages to steal our most prized possessions!” Henry said feeling frantic.

 

“Ray see if you can get Nedry's location?” Hammond ordered.

 

Just as Ray typed in the codes a picture popped up, “Ah, ah, ah! You didn't say the magic word,” was the phrase that was said.

 

Now Ray started to swear as he began to type furiously to see what he got and had gotten the same picture and answer.

 

“Muther fucken.....” Ray started to swear worse.

 

“Now Ray try to see if you can debug the system and see what Nedry has done,” Hammond tried to soothe him.

 

“Now what are we going to do?” asked Ellie.

 

“I have to go through thirteen million lines of code to find what the fuck Dennis did and hopefully bring the park back online. But now that he is out in the open we now have the main conspirator. Now we just have to see if we can bring him in and deal with....” Ray did not finish for another worker came rushing in.

 

 

It was Mitch from the Vet's center.

 

“Mitch! Mitch what's the matter and where's Jessie?” Gerry said.

 

“That's just it Dr. Harding. I went to check up on her like you told me to do. I thought she would be in her room making food and it was then that I noticed the door was wide open and her stuff was all over the place. I tried to call for her but she was not there. There was footprints all over the wall like someone was struggling and then nothing.

 

“What the fuck?” Gerry said and walked up to him.

 

“I tried to find her Gerry, seriously I tried but I found nothing!” Mitch said his voice was frantic.

 

“You don't think?.....” Henry said.

 

“Dr. Sattler are you familiar with guns?” asked Robert.

 

“Yeah we used them all the time before Alan gotten his dinos. There are all sorts of animals where we dig and some are dangerous so yeah I used a gun before,” Ellie replied.

 

“Good because we are going hunting,” Robert said and walked out with Gerry and Ellie in tow.

 

“Robert!” Henry called and Robert stopped before turning the door.

 

“The Embryo's they are in a Barbasol can. I saw him put it there,” Henry said and Robert nodded before leaving.

 

When they left Hammond rounded on Henry Wu, “Now Henry tell me everything,”

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

“Where are we going?” asked Ellie.

 

“We are going towards the Tyrannosaur Paddock if Nedry wants to make a swift getaway that is the fastest way there. Now we can check up on Hammond's kids and the tour group while we are there. If the power is going off here the guarantee that we need to check on the animals. Rexy does not like storms and the lightning easily startles her,” Robert replied.

 

“Rosco loves storms and Alan has his hands full trying to keep him contained. If they have him then what are the chances we are able to stop the poacher?” Ellie said.

 

“Slim but we might not get the chance if they escape. We need those embryos and we need our dinosaurs. Dr. Grant wants his back in return and we are going to get them back for him,” Robert replied.

 

“What about my daughter?” Gerry asked.

 

“We need to find her for who the fuck knows what Nedry will do to her the fucken fat bloody bastard,” Robert replied.

 

 

Ellie just hopes they can make it time.

 

To Be Continued....

Chapter 10: Jail House Rock

Summary:

The famous breakout anyone?

Chapter Text

T-REX PADDOCK ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

Tim could have sworn he had heard something. The ground had shook, but he thought it was from the passing thunder.

 

The hour was late and the sun had already gone down. They were stuck in the cars waiting for the storm to let up some so they can head for shelter. But unfortunately they are trapped, and being trapped meant that they had to wait out the storm. The winds continued to pound on the fence and the cars. Tim loved storms and he loved this adventure, but he did not like the rocking that the storm was doing to the cars.

 

The winds were not relenting one bit as the car bucked and heaved. But at least the braces underneath that held the car on the track still held. Lex was shaking as she was hovering down in the seat. Tim reached over and took her hand showing her his fear. The only other person in the car with them was Gennaro. The Lawyer was grumbling under his breath about the safety features of the park and how he was going to grumble about it to their grandfather.

 

Lex was very frightened right now as she held Tim's hand in a death grip when the wind picked up again.

 

“Can you at least be quiet while I am thinking!” Genaro said over the kids whimpering.

 

Lex slid lower into her seat and Tim had to crawl to her to keep her calm. Because if she was frightened then he was scared too. Being only nine years old Tim curled up to is older sister and gave her a hug. Lex held onto Tim feeling it too there was a feeling of wrongness to it.

 

 

THE OTHER CAR

 

Alan and Ian watched the car in front of them from what they could see. They had to constantly wipe away the fog on the windows to keep an eye on the kids. Ian was a bit apprehensive especially when it came to the kids and that Lawyer.

 

“Do you think they are safe there with Gennaro?” he asked.

 

“No, but it is too dangerous to go out there and check. As soon as this storm lets up a bit I will go check up on them,” Alan replied.

 

“Good its agreed then,” Ian replied.

 

“Yeah,” Alan answered back.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

Tim looked up just as the fence began to wilt under the winds torrents. He barely had time to yell before the pole came down and land on the car. The children screamed while Genaro fell out of the accidentally opened door.

 

The glass broke from above causing the kids to scream in fear. Genaro did not stay for long as he ran towards the shelter. The wind pounding on his form as he ran and hid in the nearby bathrooms.

 

 

 

THE OTHER CAR

 

Both Ian and Alan rushed out of the car just as the pole came crashing down on the first car. The first thing that flew through their minds was the kids as they raced towards them. Lightning struck above in the dark sky as it hit the nearby poles. Ian and Alan did not hesitate to reach the children just in time and began to pull them out.

 

As they pulled the children out they failed to hear the footsteps that were approaching.

 

 

 

JURASSIC PARK CONTROL ROOM

 

 

“Hammond you have got to see this!” said Ray Arnold as he pulled out a chair.

 

Hammond sat down just as Ray pulled up Nedry's screen.

 

“What the hell is this?” Hammond said.

 

“This is the reason why Nedry cut the power. He wanted all of us distracted from finding out his real plans,” said Ray.

 

“Stealing the dinosaurs,” Robert replied.

 

“Don't forget my Embryos,” Wu replied.

 

“We worry about Nedry later right now we have to get this park online before.....” right when he said it an alarm went off and the fences around the park began to fail.

 

“Oh no,” Robert said.

 

 

 

ON THE ROAD

 

 

A transport van raced down the winding road. The winds howling across the skies, but this vehicle is weighed down enough that it was not going to blow away anytime soon. The hard compacted earth even though it was full of mud will not slow it down as it raced its way towards the east docks. Inside the van was a cage with a single animal in it.

 

That animal was slowly starting to come to as yellow eyes began to open slowly. The two crests on its head were a clear sign that something about this animal was dangerous. It was with luck that the occupants of the van had thought to put restraints and a muzzle on the animal just in case it woke up.

 

Spitz the Dilophosaur was not having a good day. Where was the doctor? Where was the nice girl that always gave him treats? And the man who was helping him heal? Where was he? Last the dilophosaur remembered was protecting the man from those intruders before everything went black. Were they safe? Where was daddy? And Rosco, and Nico, and Tank, and Sarah, And Frankie? He was so confused when he woke up.

 

The sound of voices had gotten to the Dilophosaur. He could barely make them out because his head was so foggy. As his mind cleared however he suddenly realized that he was in a transport vehicle. He remembered those from when Daddy sent them out to play games in new places. Or when he was going to the loud place with lots of nice people.

 

Spitz did not like this cage what so ever. It was cold and uninviting, unlike the ones he is used to with the leaves and moss and good stuff. He did not like this cage at all. He wanted out and he wanted his family.

 

Right now however his mind was sluggish and he tried to move, but his muscles felt heavy. He remembered feeling like this when daddy had to do something....oh he remembers Spitz had hurt his tooth and daddy made him sleepy to help with the pain. When he woke it was gone and Spitz felt better. Even though he is not as smart as Nico or Frankie, Spitz does have a good memory.

 

And right now he wanted out of this cage.

 

He tried to get his muscles to move but they would not.

 

“Hey man I think that thing is coming around,” said one man.

 

“Don't worry that shit is going to last a while so he won't be moving anytime soon,” said the second one in the van.

 

“Yeah that shit can knock over an elephant or a rampaging rino. He must be really high right now,” said the first man.

 

“Haha yeah a real drug addict hehehe,” the second man said.

 

RAPTOR PADDOCK

 

 

“Alright we got the last one lets go!” said one of the handlers.

 

They had tranquilized the entire Raptor Pack by feeding them during the storm knowing they would be the most dangerous animals to handle. Seeing as they are intelligent their inside guy in the Paddock gave them the right tranquilizers to knock them out.

 

They were the last of Nedry's group to get going seeing as it took a while to get the right dinosaurs. As soon as they were tranquilized they moved in to take the male. The only male in the pack.

 

He was off to the side and a bit thinner then the rest of the pack. They moved in to take this one. They did not know that the pack did not eat the meat. Big One had been clever in hiding that fact. She knew what they were that is why Muldoon had used trickery to fool the pack. They opened the doors and made to move in.

 

All too soon the pack on on them tearing into them and consuming their flesh.

 

 

All but one.

 

Nico watched as the men get slaughtered while slinking quietly out the door of the paddock. He had to find daddy, he had to. He was sure that dad was in trouble as he raced away from the paddock towards freedom and the jungle.

 

 

As he raced away he picked up another scent this one familiar as well. Sniffing the air his head feathers went up...mom! They have mom somewhere.

 

Sniffing he knew that she stood no chance against the raptors, and even though the smell was faint he would find her. Sniffing the ground he took up the hunt racing away from the pack as fast as he could.

 

 

 

T-REX PADDOCK

 

 

The children were safely inside the second car and even though they took a hard scare they were fine. The pole's continued to drop as they were ready to bolt from their car.

 

It was suddenly they saw the lightning flash across the fence again this time melting some of the wires. The goat at this time broke its chain and had long since ran off into the jungle. They all saw it leave in fear as the lightning flashed again.

 

What they failed to see was the tail that followed.

 

Thunder and lightning continued to crash as the winds started to wane but only so much. The kids huddled together hoping for some sort of comfort in each other. Alan had moved to the back seat along with Ian to help get the kids warm. The winds had rocked the car a bit so it was leaning. Thankfully it had stopped. But they could only hope that the power came back on soon or else they were in trouble.

 

The winds continued to die down but as Alan looked up they were not in the clear yet.

 

“Dr. Grant what is going on?” Tim asked.

 

“We are in the Eye,” Alan said nervous because he knew that with storms if you are in the eye. Then that means when the winds return it is going to hit you harder then before. So he had to look for shelter before it happened.

 

Unfortunately things were not in their favor. When the winds died down the screaming started.

 

They knew immediately it was Gennaro screaming for his life when it was ended so suddenly. Something had gotten to him and that frightened the kids. They huddled closer together as the adults try to comfort them.

 

What is going on? They all wondered.

 

Suddenly the ground began to shift a bit as lighting flashed again revealing a very menacing looking shadow over them. Lex was going to scream when Alan quickly put his hand on her mouth and whispered in her ear, “Do not scream you will attract its attention,”.

 

Having heard this Tim leaned closer to his sister. Ian also huddled closer as the T-Rex inspected the vehicles. Suddenly the lights for the front car went out and the T-Rex went to investigate. Luckily for them the kids were already safe.

 

“Don't move the fogged windows kept us safe from her keen vision but a Tyrannosaur can smell us if we so much as move,” Alan said quietly.

 

“Is it yours?” Ian asked.

 

“No the markings on the animals snout are wrong. This must be Rexy, the female,” Alan said.

 

“We need to lure her away somehow,” Ian whispered.

 

“We do nothing she is frightened that is all,” Alan said.

 

“How can you tell?” Ian asked.

 

“The way she walks it is erratic and her head keeps swirling wildly. Meaning she is panicked the storm must have spooked her,” Alan replied.

 

Suddenly the lights went off in their own car.

 

They looked at each other and the notion was clear.

 

Oh no!

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

Jessie struggled to get up but the bonds the held her in the back seat were strong. As she came to she noticed that she was on the road, and that the road was bumpy. She knew from the few hours working with her father that these are the back roads. The ones that were not fixed yet. And judging by how the jeep is swerving that means that the driver is not very experienced in storms.

 

The winds had ceased meaning that they were in the eye of the storm. But the thunder still rolled overhead. Jessie was easily startled as the large man in front continued to drive.

 

He completely ignored her which suited Jessie fine as it would mean that she could get out...or at least get loose so she can get out. She tried to find something she could use, something with a sharp edge.

 

But there was none.

 

“Don't even think about it girlie I have removed everything one can think of to help you escape,” the person in front said.

 

Jessie wanted to cry, “Why are you doing this?” she said but all that came out is, “mmmmrrffmm,” since her mouth was gagged.

 

“Can't talk can ya. Well good because where you are going there ain't going to be any talking. Maybe I will make a quick buck at the slave trade hehehe,” was all that was said before the figure continued driving.

 

 

SOMEWHERE NEAR THE DILOPHOSAUR PADDOCK

 

 

Spitz felt his muscles start to return to him as the feeling was really coming back. His arms and legs no longer felt heavy but he remained still. He remembered a game he played with Nico a while ago where one would play dead, and then when the time is right would attack. Now Spitz is not your average Dilophosaur, he was raised by other dinosaurs rather then his own kind. Also when your best buddy and brother is a velociraptor then you have to get smarter to beat the game.

 

So he laid still pretending to zone out by keeping an eye on his prey. The two humans who were busy playing their banter game did not know that the dilophosaur was fully awake and that he was using his claws to breath out of his bonds.

 

 

 

“Damn this fucken storm is really getting on my nerves,” the driver said.

 

“How much longer till we are at the docks?” said one of the men next to Spitz.

 

“Should be there in about fifteen minutes. We were supposed to meet Nedry there but this damn storm is really getting to me. Plus too I think Nedry might be a bit late if this storm is any indication,” the man said.

 

“Yeah well that fat bastard better have our money ready,” said the second man next to Spitz.

 

“Well hurry up and get there the faster we can get rid of this creepy dinosaur the better.” the man said.

 

Suddenly something came falling in front of the truck, and the driver just had seconds to react before his van went reeling off the road. When he did the truck tumbled down the hill towards the river. When it came to the ground the occupants of the car are dead leaving the lone survivor to swim to shore.

 

Spitz managed to get out of his restraints just as he reached the shore. Using his tail as a sort of swimming device he swam like a crocodile towards the shore. When he got there he clawed through the restraints till they finally came off. When they did he shook himself off.

 

Just as he did so he looked around to see that he was on a lower road from the one the men have been traveling. Sniffing the air the grounds were unfamiliar to him. He flapped his crest to show his agitation.

 

But there was something off about this forest.

 

Spitz hooted softly backing away slowly. His night vision let him see what was coming.

 

Several strange noises followed and then from the trees came....

 

Another Dilophosaur.

 

This one looked like Spitz only it was larger with who huge crests on its head that shown in the flashing light. Spitz hooted a greeting and was met by a reply. Its coloring however suggested that it was an adult. Spitz was curious as he had never seen his own kind before. Tilting his head in curiosity he bobbed a greeting.

 

The larger animal bobbed the same and Spitz bent his head down in submission as the larger adult approached and sniffed him up and down. A soft hooting purr came from the larger animal as it inspected Spitz and sure enough it came back with a warning hiss.

 

Spitz backed up slowly away from that larger more adult animal.

 

It was then that he caught a scent as the winds started to pick up again.

 

He knew that scent and it was mixed up with one that he was also familiar with. This one was scared and he knew what that meant. Turning away from the larger Dilophosaur he quickly made his way into the bushes after his quarry.

 

 

T-REX PADDOCK

 

 

Alan, Ian and the children remained very still as the T-Rex came closer to their car. It began to sniff at the vehicle and nudged it. Alan quickly put his hand on Lex's mouth to keep her quiet because she was on the verge of screaming. Tim being too frightened to do anything was hugging Ian very close.

 

Then suddenly thunder began to rumble once again and then lightning.

 

Rexy roared out her rage towards the heavens.

 

The human occupants in the van kept quiet. However that did not stop one trouble making Archeopteryx from trying to attack the window and reveal their location.

 

Rexy's head suddenly looked down towards them, and they all froze in fear. Frankie having been around Rosco for so long began to hiss and growl at the T-Rex. It took all of Alan's efforts to try and pin the Archeopteryx but having to hold Lex and him was not helping.

 

The T-Rex can see them barely thanks to the fog on the windows. But they can clearly see her glowing golden eyes as she looked around. Then lowering her head further she can clearly smell them in the vehicle. As she looked around she was trying to see in the fogged up glass. They all held their breaths till.

 

“Ow! Frankie no!” Alan whispered but it was too late.

 

Frankie leaped at the window and began to attack it as the same time. This caused the Rex to raise her head and roar making Lex hyperventilate in retaliation. Alan tried his best to get her to be quiet but she was in too much shock. Tim huddled closer to the other side but that did not stop the large predator from raising her head up.

 

And slamming it into the glass below. Everyone inside screamed as the glass came down and Alan lost his grip on Lex. Her screams can be heard in his ear making him partially deaf if he was not screaming as well. Rexy attacked again and again trying to get in.

 

However she did not count on Frankie getting out of the glass and attacking her eye.

 

The Tyrannosaur roared in pain as the archeopteryx tore into her face. She luckily shook him off from her eye saving it. But he was relentless as he attacked her nose causing her to rear up once more.

 

“Everyone move now!” Alan shouted as he quickly opened the door and everyone rushed out. He could see Frankie trying to distract the dinosaur as the others ran. However Alan was not about to lose one of his dinosaurs. Reaching into the back seat he pulled out a flare. Ian kept running trying to get the kids to safety. When he turned he saw Alan standing there with a flare.

 

“Alan what are you doing!” Ian said.

 

“Go take the kids I know how to deal with an irate dinosaur,” he said and Ian did not hesitate as he ran with the children to safety.

 

Alan watched them go as he faced his opponent a angry and frightened female tyrannosaur.

 

“Frankie come!” he yelled over the sound of the newly pouring rain. The rain had returned right when the kids ran leaving Alan to face the dinosaur alone.

 

He lit his flare and turned towards the dinosaur. Years of dealing with Rosco had taught him many tricks in dealing with a dinosaur as large as this and Rexy was no different. Frankie continued to go for her face as she tried to fight off the much smaller dinosaur.

 

“FRANKIE!” Alan yelled and the archeopteryx flew towards him.

 

He landed on the remains of the outhouse as Rexy turned her head towards him angry now that her opponent ran. Rexy gave a roar to indicate her challenge as she stood staring at Alan. Alan lit the flare and stood his ground like how he did to Rosco. Rexy tilted her head as she followed him. Then she charged when the lighting cracked the skies again.

 

Alan waited till she was within range before he darted right at her. She lunged but Alan being smaller was faster as he ducked down low and rolled. Rexy missed and rammed her snout into the ground and rolling onto her back. Startled the Tyrannosaur tried get up and roll over. When she did she was more then ready for her opponent as Alan stood his ground again.

 

She charged this time intent on eating the one who made her fall. Alan dodged again this time causing her to slide in the mud and lose her balance. This caused her to fall again. Angered Rexy got up to fight and did so for nearly thirty minutes.

 

This one was fast and smart as he avoided her tail, feet and teeth. But the human was also bloody from when she smacked him back into the car. She tried to go for him again only to knock over the tour vehicle.

 

Angered she took her rage out on the tour car and thrown it over the cliff opposite to her pen. Rexy was not amused at all.

 

Alan was still able to fight seeing as years of working with dinosaurs has left him in shape. Rexy charged again and this time Alan dodged which caused Rexy to slip and slide into the wall. Shaking her head she once again charged and Alan repeated the first action he did and that was to run between her legs causing her to fall.

 

And fall she did once again on her back. Only this time instead of keeping his distance Alan walked closer. Rexy growled and tried to snap at him but Alan was away from her claws and out of range of her jaws. As the rain poured from the heavens Rexy out of breath was panting. She growled low when Alan came up to her and began to stroke her and pat her down.

 

“Shhhhhhh its ok now,” he said soothingly.

 

He too was out of breath as the Tyrannosaur was clearly panting. She was out of shape and Alan had counted on that as he stroked just near the tip of her snout. It was a show that he meant no harm to her only was protecting his turf.

 

As if understanding Rexy let out a low whine as she looked at him.

 

“Shhh its ok now no one is going to hurt you,” he said soothingly.

 

Thunder and lightning cracked again and the wind started to blow. This time Rexy did get up and looked at Alan as if not to eat him. Alan stood his ground when the Rex approached hims slowly. Then she sniffed him getting his scent while looking at him directly in the eye. Alan was used to this as it shows that he was alpha. Reluctantly Rexy backed off and walked away towards the jungle to find shelter from the storm.

 

Racing backtracking towards where Ian and the kids went Frankie flew towards his shoulder.

 

“IAN, LEX TIM!” he called

 

“Alan down here!” Ian called and Alan looked down the cliff face.

 

He could not see them but he found the service ladder. Alan raced towards it and hurried down just as the rain started to come down in torrents and the winds started to pick up. Ian was there to greet him as he led Alan to where they were sheltered in an overhang. It was the good thing that the overhang was against the cliff. The trees behind it provided shelter from the rain and the cliff provided protection from the wind. Though the ground was too wet for them to seek better shelter.

 

They remained like this for about four hours huddled close together. Frankie was reluctant to leave Alan's side kept a lookout over the party as they waited out the storm.

 

 

JURASSIC PARK VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

The garage was the first place Ellie, Gerry and Robert headed to when they were going to the Paddock. It was also there that they encountered Nico.

 

Robert gave a start and reached for his gun when the raptor gave a whine. Ellie however knew that cry.

 

“Dr. Sattler what are you doing?” Robert asked as she walked in front of him hands raised soothingly.

 

“Its ok Robert he is just scared. Nico honey its ok, its ok,” she said slowly as she approached the raptor. Nico gave a whine of sadness as he met Ellie's hand and rubbed against it recognizing the scent. He rubbed against her and opened his claws up. Knowing what to do Ellie gave him a hug.

 

He whined some more as she cried for him, “Oh Nico honey its ok. It's ok baby did they try to take you?” she said to him softly.

 

Nico whined and looked around as if scared. Robert being a hunter and expert in animal behavior knows that something is wrong, “Something happened at the raptor pens,” he said.

 

Reaching for his radio Robert quickly pressed the button, “Ray, Ray can you hear me?” he said.

 

Yeah I hear you?” Ray replied on the other end.

 

Ray I need you to shut down the control room I think the raptors are loose. I have one with me Dr. Grant's raptor Nico. Dr. Sattler is here calming him down but if he is loose then the others are loose as well. So shut down the room and make sure no one gets out,” Robert said.

 

Copy that Rob and thanks,” with that Robert had turned off the radio.

 

Nico looked at him with slited eyes . His pupils became dilated at seeing him then he pulled away from Ellie and came over to Robert. Robert looked at Ellie in curiosity before the Raptor was in his face sniffing him. Then he rubbed his face in Roberts.

 

“I take it he likes you,” Ellie said smiling.

 

“I saved his life,” Robert replied.

 

“Yeah I remember had to stitch you up because Big One got you good,” Gerry replied.

 

“Well that means you are now his friend,” Ellie said.

 

“Yes and with the storm finally letting up we can get out to find Dr. Grant and the others,” Robert said.

 

“Nico, Nico come,” Ellie said tapping the jeep.

 

The raptor knew what that meant having rode in a vehicle before.

 

Leaping onto the back he settled down in the small back seat and put his head over the railing. Ellie and Robert leaped into front of the Jeep while Gerry climbed in back with Nico and reversed it. Having put on raincoats they sped out into the rain. Ellie looked up to see Nico use his third eye-lid to keep the rain off of his face. As they sped off towards their last known location of the Tyrannosaur Paddock.

 

MEANWHILE

 

The rain had finally stopped at the group huddled under the cliff face waited till the sky was completely clear of clouds before leaving their shelter.

 

“Don't go it might still be out there!” Lex said shaking obviously cold.

 

Ian offered her his jacket to keep her warm. “The T-Rex is gone,” he said.

 

“No its not,” Alan replied.

 

Just to emphasize a roar was heard and they all huddled together. The T-Rex could be heard in the distance as the sounds of the nighttime jungle slowly return. Frankie flew off into the jungle while everyone was scared that he left.

 

“Don't worry he is only going to make sure it is safe,” Alan assured them.

 

Just as he said it Frankie came racing back his feathers in a panic. He hid in Alan's shirt and the Paleontologist knew they were in danger.

 

“We need to move,” Alan said and Ian agreed as they led the kids away from the area.

 

As they quickly entered the bushes Frankie grew more frantic in Alan's shirt. Alan knew that sign and it was not good.

 

“We need to hurry,” Ian said.

 

“There quickly into the trees!” Alan stated and the kids started to climb up. Ian and Alan being larger were much slower then the kids. As they climbed they managed to get to a good height. They were high enough that they reached the canopy of the trees.

 

And just in time as the large trees began to shake as a huge form shook them. They saw the top of the Tyrannosaurus Rex as it made its way across the forest. As soon as they were safe and the dinosaur gone did Tim and Lex look at Frankie.

 

Frankie as small as he was gave a warble as if asking a question.

 

“Yes Frankie we are fine just cold,” Alan said to the Archeopteryx.

 

The little dinosaur then came up to Lex and curled up close. He gave a few whistles before settling down.

 

“He likes you,” Alan said.

 

“Will he bite?” Lex said a bit nervous at having Frankie near her seeing as she was traumatized from the event.

 

“No, you would know if he doesn't,” Alan said and slowly Lex reached out to stroke Frankie.

 

“Start from his head and go down his back,” Alan replied.

 

Lex did so and Frankie gave a warble but he did not wake. Tim curled up between Ian and Alan and fell asleep instantly. Both kids were curled up against the adults for both warmth and comfort. The branches overhead provided shelter in case it decided to rain again and provided a wind blocker. A haunting call came from the distance as both adults looked up to see the Brachiosaurs calling to one another.

 

“Man I wish the kids were up to see this?” Ian said.

 

“They had an exhausting day Ian cut them some slack,” Alan replied.

 

“So that thing right there Frankie right?” Ian said

 

“Yeah,” Alan replied.

 

“What is he?” Ian asked.

 

“He is an Archeopteryx the first known missing link between Dinosaurs and Birds,” Alan replied.

 

“I never saw how colorful they are till now,” Ian said reaching over gently and stroked Frankie. The archeopteryx in turn curled up closer to Lex and began to purr in his sleep.

 

“You said you had six dinosaurs that you hand raised yourself. Did you by chance....?”

 

“Throw them in a cage? No they were free to do as they pleased but they understood the boundries of where they could not roam. The townsfolk are used to them coming in and out of town. There are even signs warning newcomers to watch out for them. In fact they were protected under federal law,” Alan said.

 

“How did you achieve that?” Ian asked.

 

“I didn't but others did stating that the dinosaurs are the only ones on earth. I used to do tours with them and they loved their trailer. You should have seen it a large trailer that size roaming the country.” Alan said.

 

“Did they try to break free?” Ian asked.

 

“No, surprisingly I was afraid they would but they stayed. It was not because of a free meal then. I imprinted on them meaning that they see me as a parent. Rosco my Tyrannosaur he loved to go hunting with me along with Nico my raptor and Spitz my Dilophosaur. They had been my children for years and well someone once told me that the bond between a man and his animals is only as far as a man treats them. I even built my house to suit their needs,” Alan stated.

 

“Wow, I've heard that there was a dinosaur man, but never in my life would I have thought that it was with live dinosaurs not animatronic puppets.” Ian replied.

 

“What about yourself? You said you teach Chaos Theory and try not to do the whole preachy thing please.” Alan stated.

 

“The Preachy thing? Oh you mean me preaching about chaos. Well that I do to annoy my creditors and my clients. It is quite fun really. But what I really do besides mathematics is look after my kids and family. I am dating Dr. Harding's eldest daughter Sarah and we have been going out for about....ten years perhaps. Right after my daughter Kelly was born. Her mother and I well we did not get along so well. I thought we had a thing going, but turns out she was a drug addict looking for a hit and run. Found out she was going to use the kids to collect money. Well I could not have that so I took them myself and brought them up myself.” Ian said.

 

“Where are they now?” Alan asked.

 

“At home with Sarah while I am here dealing with dinosaurs,” Ian stated.

 

“What does Sarah do? Is she like her father a vet?” Alan asked.

 

“No, she is a zoologist meaning she studies animals especially larger predators. That is her specialty. She was doing field research in Kenya and well she comes home to spend time with me and to write up her research papers. Plus she loves the kids so she takes care of them.”

 

“How many kids you said you had again?” Alan asked.

 

“About four kids they are from a previous marriage Mitch, Leo, Arianne, and Kelly,” Ian said.

 

“Must be a handful,” Alan said with a smile.

 

“Yeah they can be but hey who said parenting is easy,” Ian replied.

 

Just as he said it two more Brachiosaurus heads lifted from the trees and sang out to them. They filled the treetops with their song. As they sang Alan and Ian just sat their watching while the children sleep it was a rare moment in time.

 

“So Dr. Grant what is the deal with you and Dr. Sattler are you....?” Ian asked.

 

“Dating? No, Ellie and I are childhood friends. She is like a sister to me and we often play the dating game as a means to throw people off. Nah Ellie is engaged to the museum curator back at home Mark was his name. They had been dating for quite a long time and Mark finally popped the question to her.” Alan replied.

 

“Wow you think her fiance will let her leave his side after all this?” he asked.

 

“Probably not but he can't control Ellie. She wanted to get these animals back as much as me. To them she is mom,” Alan replied.

 

“When this is over you know that we won't endorse this park right?” Ian said.

 

“I know that. The animals are too contained here to many fences. If they wanted to they should tear down the fences and do what the Africans do and just have people explore the park that way,” Alan replied.

 

“Of that I have to agree,” Ian said.

 

“Well I am turning in we have to get up early to get back don't we,” Ian said.

 

“Yeah after all it was a rough night,” Alan replied.

 

With that they both turned in. Seeing as the night was going to be a long one.

 

 

T-REX PADDOCK

 

 

 

 

The jeep arrived right where the cars were last seen. From what they both saw Ellie and Robert both had gotten out of the cars leaving Gerry with Nico. The raptor looked at him for a brief second before leaping out as well.

 

“Alan? ALAN!” Ellie shouted.

 

 

“Dr. Grant? Dr. Malcolm, Alexis, Timothy!” Robert called.

 

“Dr. Grant? Dr. Malcolm?” Gerry called

 

 

Nico began to sniff around the area. Being a dinosaur he has a stronger sense of smell then either of the humans. Sniffing the ground he gave a hiss at the large footprint. He gave a warble to get Ellie's attention.

 

“What is it Nico?” Ellie said.

 

Nico began to call out a warning and whine.

 

“Something is not right,” Gerry said. And just to emphasize this the ground began to shake.

 

“Oh shit!” Robert said and just then Nico began to back away in fear. He barked a warning before running off.

 

Ellie, Robert and Gerry began to run as fast as they could. The thunderous footsteps became louder and louder as the trees parted and a very angry and agitated T-Rex came crashing through the underbrush. Roaring out her rage she charged the jeep while Robert tried to put it in gear.

 

“Nico! Nico!” Ellie shouted.

 

The raptor was nowhere to be seen probably run off by the sound of the Rex. Rexy charged with all her rage as she bashed her head into the side of the jeep. Robert tried to put the jeep into gear but the combined bodies of Ellie and Gerry prevented him from doing so.

 

“Get off the stick!” he shouted to them but the Rex's head was nearly on them.

 

Suddenly a scream was heard and something hit Rexy from behind nipping her in the ankles. Turning around in rage she failed to see the fleeing form of Nico as the Raptor started to harass the much larger dinosaur.

 

“Nico!” Ellie said realizing what the raptor was doing. Rexy tried to get at him again but Nico was too fast and disappeared into the bushes with Rexy trailing right after him. By then Robert managed to get the jeep into gear and the vehicle sped away. Breathing a sigh of relief Ellie, Gerry, and Robert managed to continue to drive.

 

Then out of the bushes came a blur as Nico raced alongside the jeep. The velociraptor easily kept up as he ran alongside them he looked happy for a good run as Ellie smilled and patted his head with a 'good boy!'

 

 

“Now what do we do?” Gerry said.

 

“Well we know that Dr. Grant and Dr. Malcolm are still alive. I bet they have the kids with them for all we found was Gennaro's remains.” Robert said.

 

“Well we know for sure that your dinosaur is going to find out that eating humans is not good for your stomach,” Ellie said.

 

“I didn't know that lawyers tasted that bad,” said Gerry.

 

“Did you have your dinosaurs eat anyone before?” Ellie said.

 

“Yeah the raptors did but it was too dangerous to even see what happened afterwards,” Gerry said.

 

“Well let me put it to you this way Rexy if my guess is correct on that one back there. Is going to get the mother of all indigestion,” Ellie replied.

 

“I take that back Lawyers taste horrible,” Gerry said.

 

The Jeep with the raptor in tow sped on wards down the road well away from the massive predator they just evaded.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

 

Dennis Nedry sped along the road. The area he was at was still in a downpour unlike the rest of the park. As he neared the road leading to the East Docks he could hear shuffling and sniffling in the back seat. The girl he had snagged from back at the employee apartments still was crying so he jerked the jeep forcing her to hit her head.

 

“Shut up back there!” he ordered.

 

The girl continued to sniff and kick wanting to get out.

 

“I said shut the hell up!” he roared until he tried to tune the radio to get a good station.

 

It was met by nothing but static.

 

Cursing at his only distraction not being able to distract him he kept on driving. As he drove he started to make plans as to what he was going to do with the girl. He could just dump her with the people waiting. It would teach her some manners. Or maybe he can sell her off as a sex slave they always pay more when they are young.

 

Yeah he could do that.

 

Nedry smiled to himself thinking of what he was going to do with the girl as he continued to speed down the road. Unaware of the creature following them from a distance.

 

 

 

SOMEWHERE BEHIND THE JEEP

 

 

Spitz had just exited the underbrush having followed Jessie's scent. As he came to the road he watched the lights disappearing into the distance and knew for a fact that was where his prey was. Sniffing the ground to verify the scent he was positive now that it was his quarry. As he came further on the road he caught the scent of a different predator.

 

Lifting his head he turned around and around looking. When he finally managed to focus on what it was a greyish creature emerged.

 

Several of them in fact.

 

Spitz was confused but something told him to be wary of these animals. They were nearly his size with large eyes on their heads. Swinging their tails as drool came out of their mouths Spitz knew that it was time to leave.

 

Taking his leave he sped down the road after the jeep.

 

To Be Continued....

Chapter 11: Spitz to the Rescue

Summary:

Everyone's fav scene...well MY fav scene in the entire movie.

Notes:

Alright now as promised I am not going to go skipping scenes again....well not as much but you get the idea. This one was one that several people asked for because it was most requested...hell even by my buddies on deviantart. Well anyways I am going to make it short so here you go ladies and gentlemen. Here is another exciting chapter of....

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

 

 

 

SOMEWHERE NEAR THE ROAD TO THE EAST DOCKS

 

 

Dennis Nedry raced along the now slick and muddy road. The rain had finally stopped at least for a little bit, but Nedry's glasses had started to fog up. The air conditioning in the jeep had been pretty much non-existent since this started. His passenger continued to whimper while he came down towards a pass that would take him towards the east dock.

 

 

 

He barely saw the signs, but he had no time to slow down. Making a sharp turn he nearly avoided the cliff that would take him over. However it jutted his unwanted passenger and she began to whimper again. Nedry had his plan to take care of her and his money to collect. As he finally came to the junction the rain started to come down again. This time in torrents as the winds started to once again pick up.

 

Nedry had to race if he was going to get to the docks on time.

 

 

 

SOME WHERE NOT FAR BEHIND

 

 

Racing through the forest a dark shape followed the roads. Two crests marked his head as he tracked his prey. Spitz the Dilophosaur was looking down at the tracks. Sniffing to make sure his nose was telling him the truth he kept going. The rain had muddled most of the smell but the sight of the tracks in the mud were still there. That and the things after him had spurred him to keep going.

 

As he followed the tracks the winds started to pick up once again meaning the storm is not over. Spitz has to hurry if he is to catch his prey before it leaves.

 

As he ran however he was hit from the side by something in the forest. Falling off of the trail Spitz slid off in the mud and hit his back against one of the trees. Slowly getting up he looked up and saw the same dinosaurs as before. It hissed as it tried to snap at him. Spitz threw it off and extended his frill in warning. Another came from just behind him to try and bite him.

 

But he got his tail out just in time.

 

Spitz's frill was still up as he charged another of the animals but they backed up hoping to bite him. Spitz's instincts told him that these animals were dangerous and so leaped over another one. This one tried to bite his feet but he was too quick. The rain began to come down in torrents now as Spitz moved out of the way. He leaped up and avoided another attack. His frill fully out as he faced one of his opponents.

 

He did not see the other one come after him.

 

The next dinosaur came at him in a rush and Spitz barely had enough time to avoid this one. They rolled as their bodies collided into each other. Pulling back his frill Spitz used his hind legs to kick at the other dinosaur before his killing claws can get into him. Using his front claws he manged to hold onto the dinosaur and slash into its neck. The others tried to get to him but he clamped down on the first one and threw him into the others.

 

His experience with fighting a raptor helped in this fight.

 

The others came at him, but he avoided their teeth and managed to spit his venom into the eyes of another. The screaming was all he could hear as that one sped off. Now it was a fight of more then one dinosaur as Spitz held his ground.

 

Suddenly one slashed him from the side causing Spitz to screech in pain and another got him again. But this time it bit into him causing Spitz to stumble.

 

Both dinosaurs continued to roll down the hill into a tree. Spitz had just enough momentum to keep rolling up the branches when the tree started to come down. The winds had really picked up by now and some of the trees started to fall. The dilophosaur was lucky because of this as his body was heavier then his opponent.

 

Spitz held onto the branch as the tree came to a crash just below the hill. Spitz knew he had to find shelter after he escapes.

 

He could see the other dinosaurs coming down the hill so it was only a matter of time before they would find him. So he sped off into the forest hoping they would lose his scent in the rain.

 

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Dennis cursed as the trees swayed dangerously across from him. He knew it would be too dangerous now to set sail but he had to get out. As he traveled by road he was sure he was going in the right direction. A snapping sound was all he could hear before the tree came down onto the road forcing him to swerve off a small cliff into a tree below.

 

Jessie in the meantime was thrown into the back of the seat and cried when she hit her head. The stars that formed from her eyes did not help as she was tossed.

 

“Damn it!” Nedry cursed as he tried to move the jeep but it was stuck. The wind was coming at them in torrents now so he had no choice but to wait out the storm.

 

 

 

IN THE JUNGLE

 

 

It took a hour for Spitz to finally lose his pursuers. They had to turn away due to the intensity of the storm. However Spitz was trapped by himself in the jungle with no family to help him. Having taken shelter underneath the roots of a very large tree Spitz hunkered down for a time. He however began to feel woozy as he began to clean his wounds.

 

Instinct told him that he had been poisoned. Licking the now growing infection he hoped he could clean the wound before it grew too bad. As he cleaned he spotted some flowers. He remembered Tank getting very sick from eating it. But she had also been bitten by a snake that had wondered into the ranch. Having a good memory Spitz soon ate the plant. Remembering that it did something to Tank to help her feel better.

 

He hoped it would do better for him. Feeling sick as soon as he ate it Spitz curled up into a ball after cleaning his wounds and began to drift off.

 

 

SOME TIME LATER

 

When Spitz woke the first thing he saw of course was the water dripping on his snout. His shelter was leaking but it held. The second thing he noticed was that the lack of a sick feeling.

 

The flowers had worked!

 

Slowly he looked up and at his back to see that the wounds had scabbed over.

 

The third thing he noticed was that he was in a bit of pain. The pain was good so he stood up and looked himself over. The bite marks were still there but at least they are not full of poison. Now that the storm had ended he could freely leave.

 

As he got up to leave he walked right out into a dark and misty forest. Giving a curious hoot his night vision played well into the dark. He decided to go looking for his quarry yet again hoping he had not lost the trail. Looking up the sheer rock face he knew that climbing up the mountain like this was not happening. So he decided to try another way to find them and set off into the forest.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Dennis finally woke the sounds of the rain were gone meaning the storm has ended. Finally glad to be free of the rain and the wind he could finally see what has happened to the jeep.

 

Getting out and leaving his quarry behind he made his way towards the front.

 

The jeep had fallen off a small cliff and landed on a large branch. So that means that Dennis will have to figure out how to undo the cables that have been stuck on the front. Taking the cable and pulling as hard as he could he managed to get it around the tree without incident. Then when he pulled the jeep free and back onto the road he made sure the thing could start before checking on the girl.

 

Getting out of the car he managed to get the door open when a foot collided with his face. That forced the rather large man to fall flat on his back. Getting up he saw the girl trying to wiggle her way out of the jeep. Being like a worm he saw her trying to make a get away. He got up and fixed his glasses before he went after her.

 

“Oh now you don't girlie!” he said and grabbed her.

 

Jessie struggled as she was fought Dennis's grip. Being much larger and heavier then her he pinned her to the ground. Jessie reared her head up to try and collide with his skull.

 

It worked as she heard him curse as she tried to loosen the ties around her hands and feet. Finally getting to her feet she saw the knife he had and managed to grab it. Using it to cut the bindings on her hands she quickly made work on her feet and tried to run. But Dennis was on her in seconds.

 

Struggling with the gag she managed to scream as she tried to hit him.

 

 

IN THE FOREST

 

 

Spitz's head reared up when he heard a scream. Having lost the scent in the rain he tried to make his way back to the road to help recover the trail.

 

 

That proved to be perilous as those things had to be somewhere out in the forest. So far he could not smell them nor hear them. But he kept his eyes opened just in case. His prey was close and he was determined to end the one who had hurt him.

 

He was also hungry.

 

 

But he knew better then to eat human flesh. He saw what happened to both Rosco and Nico. He also remembered biting daddy that one day on accident. Some of his blood had trickled down his throat and made him very sick.

 

 

No, humans did not taste good nor do they feel good after eating them. Spitz was sure that human flesh was poisoned so he avoided that with a high head.

 

 

However this human would pay for making him suffer in that CAGE!

 

 

Not a creature of revenge Spitz does not know the concept of it. But he does know instinct and that instinct is to hunt. And right now the fat human who had hurt him made him the perfect prey to hunt in this dense forest.

 

The scream was heard again and this time Spitz turned towards the hills. He remembered that voice!

 

That was the human female who was nice to him. Spitz remembered nice humans they give good rub downs and treats. As he lifted his head to listen better he could hear it again.

 

Turning in the direction the scream was coming from Spitz ran into the forest once more.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

 

Jessie was pinned to the mud as Dennis once again came after her. She cried when she slipped and hit her head on the ground. Now her face was full of tears as she struggled to get up only to be pinned down to the ground once again by the much larger man. Dennis held her to the ground as Jessie tried to get up.

 

 

“You are more trouble then you're worth!” Dennis said.

 

“Let me go you jerk! When my dad finds out about this you are going to be fed to the Tyrannosaur!” Jessie screamed as she tried to kick him.

 

“Oh really? You know what? It has been a very long day and now I am in the mood for some fun. Normally I would play a game or two but now....now I will have to make due with some other things.” Dennis said.

 

“No, no you would not?” Jessie said as she struggled harder in his grip.

 

“Why not your a female and I am a male...this would give me pleasure!” with that Dennis started to go for her pants trying to unbuckle them.

 

Jessie started to scream even more.

 

 

 

IN THE FOREST

 

 

Spitz could clearly hear the screaming now and the wind had shifted to his direction. He could smell the girl's distress as well as the fat ones....he had to sniff carefully.

 

 

There it was that scent. He only smelled it on some of the animals back home....mating. He was going to mate with the female.

 

Well he knew that if a female did not give off the same scent then it was not a mating at all. He would not have that he could smell the fear in the female. So he followed the trail.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Dennis landed hard on Jessie pinning her and undoing her belt and started on her pants. She was crying as she fought to get away from him. Dennis to get this over with as he could feel himself grow hard with arousal. He screams made him more turned on as he tried to undo his belt at the same time. Fighting to get away she was held fast by his weight. And when he felt his pants go free and his under come down did he feel his hardened cock.

 

Jessie screamed even more as she felt him feeling along her now bare bottom. Try as she might she was losing and was not about to give up trying to get away. She fought him tooth and nail as she tried to make it harder for him to penetrate her. She did not want to end like this.

 

Dennis finally had her pinned to the ground and manged to find the right hole. With one large beefy hand on her back and the other on his cock he felt his tip along her bottom.

 

Jessie started to cry when she felt his disgusting cock on her butt cheek.

 

Then rustling could be heard from the bushes as footsteps were fast approaching. A screeching noise was heard before something collided with Dennis causing Jessie to look up in alarm.

 

 

There standing above her was Spitz! Spitz the dilophosaur had rammed into Dennis causing him to fly a few feet into the ground. Feeling pain in his groin Dennis quickly put away his cock as he stood up. His vision was blurry as his glasses had been knocked off his face.

 

“My glasses!” he said.

 

When he finally found them he looked up just in time to see Spitz standing over Jessie. The girl in question struggled to pull up her pants. The headlights from the jeep illuminated the dinosaur in question and Dennis finally saw the girl's rescuer.

 

It was a dinosaur.

 

And not just any dinosaur.

 

“YOU!” he said.

 

Spitz in turn growled low in his throat as if recognizing Dennis.

 

“I remember you from the vets office! The piece of shit that should have been on the boat by now!” he saw.

 

Just as he said it he lifted a stick up to use as a weapon.

 

 

Spitz was ready for him as he unfurled his frill and screeched. Dennis was taken back by it but he did not stop to try and fend off Spitz. The dilophosaur in question reared his head back and hurled venom at him. Dennis dodged it and it only got on his clothes. But Spitz was relentless as he charged Dennis. Dennis struggled to bring the stick up and ram it into Spitz's jaws.

 

The dilophosaur in question bit down hard hoping to deal much needed pain on Dennis. Dennis in question struggled to avoid his claws as Spitz swiped them at his large middle. He managed to catch the man and caused some blood to flow.

 

Fortunately for Dennis it was shallow as he struggled to get the dinosaur off of him. Using his short stout legs he managed to kick the dinosaur off of him. Zipping up his pants he held onto the stick as Spitz came at him again with his frill raised.

 

He screeched at Dennis as he came around hoping to get behind him again. The smell of blood was thick in the air as he snapped at the fat human again. Dennis managed to hit his snout with his stick. This caused Spitz to stagger a bit before unfurling his frill once again in a threat display.

 

Dennis slipped in the mud and fell giving Spitz enough time to leap onto him to try and disembowel him. But surprisingly Dennis was faster then that and rolled the dinosaur off of him. This time Spitz managed to spit another glob of venom at Dennis.

 

This time it hit him right in the face.

 

Screaming in agony Dennis struggled to get the thick saliva off of him. This gave Spitz enough time to leap onto his back and claw at his spine.

 

Fortunately for Dennis his raincoat provided some protection if only for a few seconds because it came off from his back. Struggling to try and get into the jeep he tried to get away. Unfortunately for him he left the back door open and Spitz took that opportunity to leap into the back causing to jeep to make a sudden stop.

 

All Jessie could hear was Dennis's screams in agony as Spitz disemboweled him in the jeep. She could see the blood and gore splattering everywhere in the jeep.

 

It felt like hours but it was only a few seconds until Dennis's screams were no longer heard. Jessie struggled not to be sick as she hurled into the mud.

 

When she looked up she was met with a pair of bloodied feet. And there was bits of gore and blood on the claws before the bloodied snout of Spitz was met. The dinosaur in question gave a hoot of concern as he dipped his head down low in a submissive gesture. He took a few tentative sniffs at Jessie. Jessie unable to contain herself in both relief and happiness clomped onto the dilophosaur and cried. Spitz raised his head a bit having been used to this from the Grady children back home.

 

Jessie cried like a baby for a few minutes enjoying the feel of the dinosaur in question on her. His warm skin was enough for her as she cried. A gently hoot caught her attention as Spitz nudged her gently. The blood from his claws and snout getting into her clothes.

 

“Thank you,” she whispered to him.

 

Using her hand she gently stroked him down as she held him, “Thank you, thank you,” she cried.

 

Spitz hooted a gentle reply before he started to make a sound similar to both a warble and a hoot. He nuzzled closer to Jessie and the girl sought him out for comfort. Spitz knew how to treat children since he is used to playing with little Maria back home. She would often skin her knees and cry if not for Spitz and Nico who would comfort her.

 

 

Right now he is doing the same for Jessie Harding as he kept her safe.

 

Then suddenly he heard it...his head lifted up at the sound of clicking and clacking. He knew off the bat that those creatures are back and growled low in his throat.

 

“What is it?” Jessie said sounding a bit scared.

 

That was when she heard it too. The tell tale sign of something in the bushes. Spitz growled and his frill came out rattling out a warning. He nudged Jessie behind him as he bared his claws ready for a fight.

 

The clicking started again as Jessie backed away in fear. As she turned she found that she was surrounded by the animals. Spitz backed into her as he tried to keep them at bay.

 

As they backed away in fear the clicking sound grew worse. Jessie was afraid and so was Spitz. The Dilophosaur tried to keep himself in front of Jessie.

 

The first attacked and Spitz spat without hesitation causing the animal to stumble and fall. The next one came and Spitz managed to hit it with his tail and then go for the back of the neck. Jessie was screaming at this time as she thought the Dilophosaurus was going to die. Reaching into the Jeep she tried to find something anything to help him.

 

What she found was nothing but flares and a air horn. Taking out the flare she pulled off the cap that would light it. A bright red light came flying out causing the unknown dinosaurs to run in fear. Taking out the air horn Jessie let loose a very loud sound which made them disappear into the bush. She then quickly ran to Spitz to see if he was alright. Luckily for her the dinosaur shook off the attack and did not look worse for wear. Hooting reassurances he let Jessie stroke him before hearing another sound in the jungle. Backing away Jessie was near the jeep when she saw the form of a dilophosaur enter the clearing.

 

This one was much bigger then Spitz and screeched a warning. Spitz answered back with a screech of his own. He was not going to back down.

 

Then suddenly the larger Dilophosaur attacked forcing Spitz to dodge to the side. With his claws up and ready the smaller dilophosaur attacked back and bit into the larger one's arm.

 

Screeching in pan the larger one unfurled his frill hoping to disorientate the smaller opponent. But Spitz was not deterred as he came again to try and get behind the larger one.

 

Then suddenly Jessie screamed when another dilophosaur showed up this one just as big followed by several smaller ones. Spitz she knew was in trouble so she tried the air horn again. This caused the dinosaurs to turn to her as she tried it. The flare was starting to go as she saw the light start to fade.

 

“No...no no please,” she begged.

 

Spitz clawed at another of the smaller Dilophosaurs before backing up in front of Jessie and with his frill out in full he was ready to protect his friend. Jessie was terrified as she tried to hit one of the other smaller dinosaurs that tried to get to her.

 

One then bit down on Spitz's neck and Jessie had just enough time to pull out her flare remnants and hit the dilophosaur in the face. Screeching in agony the dinosaur backed away in pain. The others tried to get to them and even tried to spit but Jessie and Spitz were too fast.

 

Then suddenly the ground began to shake. The dinosaurs all looked up before fleeing in fear. Spitz moved closer to Jessie to try and protect her when the trees parted.

 

Jessie looked up in fear as a Tyrannosaur came crashing through. The large carnivore in question was not as large as what Jessie thought but it was impressive. The Dilophosaurs had screeched in anger at he sight of the massive predator and the Tyrannosaur roared its challenge. Taking this stand off as a means to leave Jessie gently pulled on Spitz and they both disappeared into the jungle.

 

 

They had traveled a good distance away from the fighting before Jessie tripped on a broken branch. Spitz hooted a question at her.

 

“I am sorry boy but I just can't see in the dark,” Jessie said and wished she had some flares for her protection. Stumbling in the dark more Jessie cursed for her lack of night vision.

 

Spitz was a bit ahead of her hooting at her to follow. She reluctantly followed the dinosaur as he went ahead and called back to her. She followed him towards something.

 

Not being able to see in the dark Jessie did not see the tree till she walked right into it. Cursing she rubbed her nose to try and get a better feel for it. Startled she could feel something under her arm. Spitz had given her a gentle nudge towards the tree. Taking out her hand Jessie felt along the two crests of the dinosaur before she felt him move under her. She followed him towards the tree again. And this time she felt along the tree. It was when she nearly fell into the hole that she realized that Spitz led her to shelter.

 

Feeling along the hole she felt it rise for a bit meaning the tree was on a rock. Feeling along it she crawled in and found to her surprise that it was warm and dry. Crawling further in and feeling along the floor it was covered in moss. A few dry leaves she could feel along the ground but at least it was more comfortable then the jeep. Feeling suddenly tired as all the adrenaline started to leave her body. Jessie felt along the depths of the little den. It was just large enough for both her and Spitz.

 

The dinosaur in question came in right after her. She could hear his steps as she felt along for him. Rubbing his side along Jessie she then reached out to stroke his long neck and he gave out a warble of approval. Jessie smiled as she felt him purr his content before sleep started to come to her.

 

Feeling the floor of the small den she curled up into a ball. Shivering from the cold of the outside she then felt something lean against her and shelter her from the elements. Spitz had curled up around her providing her with warmth. Jessie could feel her eyes start to droop as sleep claimed her. A purring noise was heard and she smiled at her savior. The Dilophosaur was fast asleep but his purring was still evident.

 

The sounds of the jungle and the distant calls of the Brachiosaurus is what eventually led Jessie to close her eyes and fall asleep.

 

 

To Be Continued

 

 

 

Notes:

And there you have it folks the long awaited end of Nedry. It was fun writing it. I have to thank Telltale's Jurassic Park the game for the inspiration for this chapter.

Chapter 12: Bunkered Down For the Night

Summary:

We get to see more of Nima and Miles and the after affects of the park shutdown.

Notes:

Ok so this is the aftermath of the park shutdown as everyone saw in the original movie and the book. So be warned that i combined both the movie and the Tell Tale Game here. And as you can guess from the last chapter I wanted more dilo action since in the movies that is all you see is the first one. So have fun with this.

Chapter Text

 

CONTROL ROOM, JURASSIC PARK VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

 

Gerry, Henry and Ray had gotten food for everyone from the lobby. Already the plates of food left there for the workers had been abandoned. And those they managed to find were bunkered down for the night with several people keeping watch for raptors. Sleeping bags and cots were laid out for everyone and the only dinosaur in the room was also their lookout.

 

Ellie was with Nico as the raptor had his own space. Everyone kept away from him save for Robert, Ellie and Gerry. Hammond was apprehensive about the raptor because he was used to the more aggressive raptors of Jurassic Park.

 

“You wanna pet him?” asked Ellie looking at Mr. Hammond.

 

“I don't know he is looking at me strangely,” Hammond said.

 

“Nico senses that you are nervous that is why he is eyeing you,” Ellie said stroking him down. The raptor crooned at the touch and shut his third eye a bit. Ellie laughed as she stroked him down liking the attention.

 

“Go ahead he is not going to hurt you,” Ellie said.

 

“I don't know....” Mr. Hammond said.

 

“He won't bite John he is just curious and knows better,” Robert said as he too stroked the raptor.

 

Nico purred and gave a croon relaxing under the touch.

 

“Um how do I....?” John asked.

 

“How do you approach him?” Ellie said.

 

“Yes,” John asked.

 

“Very slowly with your head down,” Ellie said.

 

John did so and Nico looked up his head on alert.

 

“Don't look him in the eye John,” Robert said.

 

John Hammond did so.

 

Nico then stood up to his full height. Hammond backed away a bit but was stopped by Robert who came up from behind.

 

“Don't run,” he whispered in Hammond's ear.

 

“Ok,” the older man said.

 

“Don't look into his eyes and keep your head down,” Robert guided him as the raptor came closer.

 

Nico sniffed Hammond and at times getting into his face. His nostrils were noisily inhaling his scent. Then a soft croon was made as Nico allowed Hammond to make contact with him. The old man slowly stroked the raptor who enjoyed the touch. Leaning further in Nico let Hammond feel more comfortable until a scent caught his nostrils and he growled.

 

Hammond backed away in fear when the raptor slowly hissed at the window. Robert held his gun ready along with two people whom also missed the boat. Gerry was just as ready as he too held up his gun filled with live ammo.

 

It was then that they heard the sounds of clicking claws on metal. Nico's growling became more obvious as his pupils became slits. Putting himself in front of Mr. Hammond Nico had his tail raised and his claws splayed ready to attack. A low hiss was heard from his maw as the first raptor made itself known.

 

 

This raptor was a scout that much the others could tell. It stood their eyeing them out. Knowing their tactics Robert and Ellie looked around for any other entrances even checking above them in case they had gone through the vents.

 

Nico was not pleased as he kept growling his displeasure. The raptor in question was eyeing them with its eye on the people inside. Growling with his remaining feathers up high Nico took a defensive stance in front of Mr. Hammond. His teeth are bared and claws ready to attack. The humans with guns took up defensive positions.

 

Suddenly the raptor in question attacked but the glass held up. The metal bars inside the glass kept the raptor from attacking and the door locks held tight as well. Nico screeched his warning just as the raptor did the same.

 

Suddenly another raptor tried to get in from the tour side and luckily the glass is reinforced with thick Plexiglas.

 

However that did not stop the raptors from trying to get in. They all took turns hitting the glass while the men took arms to wait to see if they would break through.

 

Sounds filled the room as one of the raptors tried to get in from the other side of the tour area. So far the plexiglas was holding.

 

Nico growled low as the feathers on his head were raised.

 

“How are we going to get out of here?” asked Henry.

 

“The raptors know we can't leave and they are watching us carefully,” said Robert.

 

Suddenly a barking call was made and the raptors all looked up before they got up to leave. Running from the windows the group sighed but Nico kept vigilant.

 

“We can't stay here,” Hammond said.

 

“I know a place where we can be safe. The emergency bunkers. They have food water and shelter there. There is enough room for all of us,” said Ray.

 

“Alright where is it?” asked Robert.

 

“That is the problem it is near the power station,” Ray said.

 

“Alright we are heading out I will take the rear while Dr. Sattler with Nico take up the front. If he senses danger we stop alright,” Robert said.

 

They nodded as Robert took the lead in opening the door. When he did Nico was the first to exit as the raptor sniffed the ground for danger. Slowly exiting the room the others followed his lead. Keeping his head down low Nico led them out slowly. Ellie was right beside the raptor giving her support by rubbing his neck. As they exited the room and slowly followed Nico out through an emergency door the jungle lay before them.

 

Taking a defensive position around each other those with guns managed to follow at a slow pace.

 

“Alright Nico lead us to safety,” Ellie said softly to the raptor.

 

Whistling she knew the dinosaur knows the command, 'Find shelter, protect'.

 

Nico then bounded off just ahead of them and sniff the ground. Using his night vision he made sure it was safe before giving a distinct call which Ellie recognizes.

 

“Alright its safe,” she said.

 

The others slowly walked out and followed Ellie as she and Nico led the way.

 

It did not take them long to get to the shelter. The raptor had so far kept them safe. However when they were nearing the door he stopped and growled. Ellie raised her hand in a fist formation telling everyone to quiet. Robert and several others knew that signal.

 

Nico growled low as his claws were primed and ready for battle.

 

“Everyone get down,” Robert said softly.

 

They all agreed when they felt footsteps coming nearer. Pushing Nico gently Ellie made sure the raptor was close to her. Crouching low the raptor waited until the sounds of something rather large came through the underbrush. A large herbivore came crashing through. So far the animal was just sniffing around until the clicking noises started. Ellie was startled but Nico looked nervous as he shifted a bit in the bush.

 

Suddenly the larger animal began to screech as something came flying out of the bush. Thankfully everyone had night vision goggles on provided by Gerry. This makes sure they are not spotted by anymore predators. The animal in question was a large herbivore from the looks of it a Maiasaurus. The animal began to run faster as the smaller animals attacked and bit hard into the animal.

 

As soon as the animal was bit it ran off and the pack of smaller carnivores chased after it. Ellie watched Nico as his feathers were still raised meaning the animals are still in the area. They waited for sometime before the raptor's hackles are lowered and he slowly moved off. Ellie signaled the others as they slowly made their way across the clearing towards the door to the Emergency Bunker.

 

When they got in the bunker was indeed safe from dinosaurs having been built underground. As soon as everyone was inside Robert shut the door. The lights came on in the room bathing it in a faint glow.

 

“I feel trapped,” said Ray.

 

“Don't be, there are tunnels under the facility that lead out. I will take Nico to make sure they are safe,” Robert said as he called for the raptor.

 

But the raptor did not move.

 

“Um....?” Robert asked.

 

“He has not eaten in a while and I think seeing as I am a member of his pack he does not want to leave me,” Ellie said.

 

Leaning down she stroked the raptor, “It's ok Nico go,” she said and gave him a gentle shove. The raptor gave a whine of protest but Ellie was firm. Slowly Nico stood up and walked out with Robert.

 

 

Robert watched the raptor's every move as the dinosaur checked the lower passages of the area. He was silent not even a purr from him like a normal raptor. As he walked further down the catwalks he saw Nico turn his head this way and that. Then a growl was heard.

 

Robert readied his gun as cackling sounds were heard. Nico growled low in his throat his feet poised for the attack. Then like lightning he screeched and clawed at something in the dark. Robert quickly shown the light and saw the same creature as earlier shrieked in pain.

 

The light hurts their eyes.

 

Quickly shining in another direct the creatures around him screeched in pain. One tried to go for him but Nico quickly grabbed it in a fearsome bite and threw it back into the dark. A sickening crunch was heard. Swiping his claws and his tail the Raptor took out two more. Robert did the same shooting precise shots thanks to the night vision goggles.

 

Nico slashed again and killed two more making the tally to seven.

 

Then another cackle was heard and they all took off into the dark. Robert breathed a sigh of relief until Nico gave another growl. Robert quickly looked down and realized that there was something there. Walking closer he managed to see what it was that caused the raptor's feathers to bristle.

 

 

There were human bodies everywhere!

 

 

The bodies had been people that Robert didn't know. From the looks of it Latino men and some Caucasians. Most likely poachers from the looks of them.

 

Nico was not settling and Robert knew it. Slowly he placed a hand on the dinosaur and expected Nico to lash out but the Raptor remained at his post. A small form of trust. Robert took that with grace.

 

Slowly he settled his gun and reached out to look at the body. Suddenly an eye moved and Robert nearly leaped out until he noticed a faint pulse in the man's hand.

 

“Fuck!” he said to himself.

 

The man was still alive and from the looks of it paralyzed. He did not like this one bit as he searched the room making sure those things don't come back. Nico also was nervous as he defecated around certain areas. Robert took notice of this and looked at those areas.

 

Vents came from where Nico defecated and he quickly covered the grating and making sure to lock it. At least now those creatures will not get in here.

 

Taking his radio he dialed the right number, “Guys we have a problem,” Robert said inspecting the body again.

 

What sort of problem?” asked Ray on the other end.

 

“Looks like an unknown Henry I will need you to come down here and look at this,” Robert said.

 

Alright on my way,” Henry said.

 

 

It took about fifteen minutes before Henry Wu arrived with Gerry providing escort. The Vet was not happy about it but he was better at using a gun then Dr. Wu was.

 

“Henry I need you to look at this dinosaur. I don't recognize it anywhere,” Robert said.

 

Henry looked at that creature and gasped, “That bitch! She was supposed to euthanize them!” he said.

 

“What species is this Henry?” asked Robert looking concerned.

 

“Troodon Pectinodon it is in the same family as the Velociraptor but this one....this one is mutated.” Henry said looking at the dead animal.

 

“Really?” Robert said.

 

“Well they were originally bred on Sorna and having feathers they were going to be used for the park. But then Dr. Sorkin wanted to use the pure strain. The animals we had were of the pure strain or as pure as we can make it. But she used some sort of strain with them turning them into this! They proved too dangerous and I ordered them destroyed. But the bitch didn't listen didn't she. Now they are loose!” Henry was not please.

 

“This guy is still alive,” Gerry said.

 

“Not really, he is brain dead,” Robert said.

 

“How can you tell?” Henry asked.

 

“His eyes they are not seeing things and he is paralyzed,” Gerry answered before Robert.

 

Nico leaned closer towards the victim and hissed. He did not like the smell of the victim.

 

“Shit!” Henry said as he studied the man.

 

“Henry, those things that attacked us those were Troodon. How the fuck did they get here?” Robert demanded.

 

“I don't know...wait! Sorkin was at the field labs. She spent much of her time there since we both didn't get along so well here at the main labs. That bitch was hiding them there! I knew there was something suspicious about those pens when I visited. Fucken bitch!” Henry cursed.

 

“Sorkin brought those things here!” Robert said.

 

“I didn't know I swear!” Henry replied.

 

“I know but when I have words with that bitch I will let Nico deal with her,” Robert growled.

 

Henry then leaned in and found something in the man's stomach.

 

“Holy shit Robert!” he said.

 

Robert leaned in and cursed. There was several eggs in the victim's belly. Pulling one out he was disgusted by the sight.

 

“Fuck!” he swore.

 

Nico growled low at the eggs and Robert quickly took a sniff. They were rotten meaning that the dinosaurs were unsuccessful in getting them to hatch. However one caught his eye.

 

This egg seemed whole and intact so pulling it out he could feel the baby inside.

 

“We should head back Nico and I will seal the rest of the holes. Henry get this to Hammond and tell him what we discovered,” Robert said and Henry nodded before heading back.

 

Robert patted Nico down, “Don't worry boy we will seal this place up,” he said to the raptor.

 

The raptor in question purred before sniffing around other tunnels. Robert followed with his rifle held high making sure that the tunnels are safe. Gerry and Henry headed back towards the others leaving the two alone. Both males checked other vents and hallways in the bunker. This place was built to be dinosaur proof after all if it was sealed right.

 

Satisfied that there are no more dinosaurs or corpses. Robert sealed up the rest of the possible entrances into the area and headed back not before allowing Nico to leave his mark. The raptor would not leave until he has done so which Robert was grateful for.

 

When they gotten back the men in question was placed in a body bags for safe keeping and hoping to give them a proper burial. Hammond, Sattler and a few others were already tending to the wounded that made it this far. But it was the sight of Hammond that gave it all away.

 

The old man's face was red with anger as he stared down at the egg wanting nothing more then to smash it. But Henry managed to save it from him, “Don't John let it go,” Henry said gently.

 

Robert was the one who gladly took the egg away from the old man. Checking it for any signs of damage. Finding none he put it in a pouch that he had insulated.

 

“What are we going to do John if the Troodon's are loose who knows what the fuck is lurking outside,” Ray said.

 

“I want to go home,” said Mitch.

 

“We all want to go home Mitch but we can't and besides my daughter is out there by herself with that fat bastard. Who knows what he is doing to her,” Gerry said.

 

“Don't worry Gerry we will get her back this I swear it,” said Hammond.

 

“I hope Alan and the others are alright too,” Ellie said.

 

“They are fine Dr. Sattler besides who best to lead them through Jurassic Park then a dinosaur expert eh?” John said trying to lighten the mood. The people in the bunker was somber at best as they passed out rations and warming kits. The shelter had MRE's inside just in case something like this happened. Nico the raptor was busy eating one of the Troodon's that he had killed a while earlier. After eating his fill the raptor then rested his head on Ellie's lap. Ellie only stroked him down and cleaned his muzzle with a wet cloth. Thankfully there was running water in the facility and lights from the many lamps. The vents still worked but it carried the smell of rotting flesh keeping Nico on edge. The raptor was ready to attack at a moment's notice.

 

Everyone took turns keeping watch that night even though not many of them gotten any sleep. Ellie was one of those sleeping keeping the raptor close. Nico had his head on her lap and his tail slowly curled around himself. The feathers that remained on his head lay flat while his eyes were closed.

 

The others watched the raptor periodically for any signs of danger. The dinosaur may still be on their side but he was still a wild animal. Eventually though as the night dragged on they could hear other sounds going on outside. The group started to settle but kept alert. A roar could be heard just outside and the earth shook with heavy footsteps.

 

They knew those sounds when Nico's head lifted briefly but did not do much. He knew he was safe so the others relaxed. Eventually the sounds faded as the dinosaur outside left the area. There were more sounds from various dinosaurs but they all faded as the night dragged on. Nico was sound asleep to Ellie's stroking and Robert watched the raptor.

 

He eyed the dinosaur thinking that it might attack but it didn't it was quiet and the sounds it made towards Ellie were one he had never heard in a long time.

 

It was the croon of a family member.

 

Now when he saw Dr. Grant with the raptor this morning Robert was astonished by such a bond. He even witnessed it himself when Nico saved his life. The raptor was breathing deeply his feathers still molting from the heat but he was mild mannered. Eventually Robert also relaxed with Gerry beside him. Both men remained alert while they took their turn at keeping watch.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

The waves were pounding on the shores of the East Dock. Workers were scrambling to keep their lines secure as several cranes were hoisted from the ground. Their cargo was already delivered on time as time wore on. The pounding waves and surf however did not let up as the boat rocked violently against the docks.

 

“Sir there has been a delay!” someone shouted.

 

“I know there has been a delay the other boat already left and we are the only ones here,” was the reply.

 

A man stood at the docks waiting for his fellow conspirator to show up. Already their cargo was loaded onto the boat and the right tranquilizers were given.

 

“So when is Nedry supposed to show?” said a voice.

 

This one was female. She was dressed in army cargo pants with a maroon tank top and a yellow bandanna. She was Hispanic in origin so her voice came out with a slight accent.

 

“He was supposed to be here about two hours ago he is late,” the first man said this one wearing glasses and his dark hair sticking to his scalp thanks to the rain. His life preserver jacket and fair skin was a dead give away on this island.

 

“I will find us a way to get off without him,” the woman said.

 

“Nima we can't leave yet we don't have the Embryos and the rest of the dinosaur stock,” the first man said.

 

“We have the T-Rex isn't that good enough?” said the woman Nima.

 

“No, in order for us to get paid we need all six of them plus the Embryos. And we need to wait out this stupid storm,” the man with the glasses said. Nima snorted she could care less she just wanted out of this storm and back to the mainland. InGen had ruined her home but she could live with it. After all the Costa Rican Government had paid her well to watch these Dinosaur Smugglers and it was enough to feed both her and her daughter.

 

She looked down into the holding pen three of the six dinosaurs were here.

 

 

Just three.

 

One unit failed to answer their radio. Another they discovered had cut out in route to the docks and they assumed they are going to be late. The third had returned empty handed.

 

And then there was Dennis Nedry himself who also failed to show.

 

This storm was bad and Nima knows that it was only going to get worse. Being a part of the Costa Rican Intelligence Agency had taken her to places around the world that were worse then this. In fact her last assignment had placed her in the middle of the monsoon season in Indonesia.

 

This was no different only windier.

 

She glared daggers at her 'partner' the man in question was an asshole. He works for BioSyn the competitor for InGen. They had been known to steal the genetic research of other companies before and have brought those companies to ruin. Nima had been tasked by her government to keep an eye on them including the recent reports of dinosaurs being smuggled off of this island.

 

The Costa Rican Government had made a deal with InGen after they bought out Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna. They were going to get a share of the profits if Jurassic Park worked...that was before they heard about the smuggling.

 

After a recent incident with one of the workers the government had sent agents to this island. After discovering the cloned dinosaurs they had wanted to bomb the island with Napalm to kill of the animals. But after careful...and corrupt consideration they saw the greed in their works. So they began to collaborate with InGen to get some of the profits of Jurassic Park. After a deal was made they made sure to deal with any smugglers trying to steal their dinosaurs.

 

Apparently some still got off with stealing.

 

They had recently had to deal with several cases of dinosaurs smuggled off of the island. Then the report of the American who had owned dinosaurs came to their desks and the United States had gotten involved. Now Nima working undercover as a hired gun to investigate this area.

 

 

Her so called 'Partner' was Miles Chadwick a known agent of BioSyn and on Interpol's most wanted list as an animal smuggler. His recent dealings with dinosaurs has made Nima nervous to say the least. The man was a coward wanting nothing more then to hide then fight his battles.

 

At this rate Nima wanted nothing to do with the man so she walks away when the man tried for the third time to make a call to the mainland.

 

“Where are you going?” Miles asked.

 

“I am going to check up on the cargo. If this cargo is damaged then I would not get paid so I want to make sure it is secured.” Nima said before heading up onto the ship.

 

As she walked up the rocking boat the gusts of wind had proven to be a problem and she nearly went over twice. But still she managed to get on board.

 

The cargo hold was filled with cages of various dinosaurs most of them in sleep. The tranquilizers given could knock out a herd of elephants if it wanted. The illegal trade for live dinosaurs was enough to upset anyone.

 

Nima took pictures when she could before her eyes settled on the latest and hottest subjects. By hot that means those that were of the highest value.

 

There in the middle of the cargo hold was a rather large restraining cage pinning down the largest of the group. That was a massive Tyrannosaurus Rex and right next to the dinosaur was another one this one an Ankylosaur who was chained to the hold. Then there was the Pteranodon.

 

“There, there it is ok I will figure out how to get you out,” Nima said. She felt saddened that such creatures that had lived free on the mainland United States had been kidnapped. From what she understood in her investigation Dr. Grant had gave them plenty of space to be themselves. He loved his dinosaurs so much that his home revolved around them.

 

Nima took the time to memorize their names Rosco, Sarah and Tank. These three she got to know first as she took special care of them. Petting down the T-Rex Nima was sure that these men were just waiting for their their chance to take these animals and put them in the cruelest situations. She had seen it before with animal smuggling. Animals torn away from their homes and families just like people and placed in cages. Forced for amuse their new masters all for the sake of status and money.

 

And that was what made Nima angry. InGen had brought mercenaries to boot her tribe off of the island and she was only a child when her father was killed. He was one of those who stood up for her people and was shot to death because of it. She held a grudge dearly.

 

But that is not why she is here.

 

Eventually over the years she had been noticed by her government for her thievery and skills at blending in. They took her in and gave her a home for herself and her daughter Atlanta. Nima would leave on assignment and her daughter would be tended to by her aunt.

 

But now her assignment has led her back to her home island of Isla Nublar. It was here that she has to face the hated InGen and what they had done to this place.

 

A deep rumble was heard as Nima came closer to her destination. There in the middle of the cargo hold was a large caged restraint. In it was a massive predator one only found here. The predator in question was in wide awake and the rumble was its deep throated growl.

 

Nima knew this creature well it and its two friends.

 

“Shhhh its ok my friend I know,” she said as the ship lurched again due to the waves. She placed her hand on the massive predator's snout and it rumbled in pleasure.

 

“I am not here to hurt you my friend I will set you free you just wait,” Nima whispered and the dinosaur rumbled. A deep breath was taken by the dinosaur and she placed her hand at the tip of its snout. Gently she stroked it knowing it can't bite her due to the restraints.

 

The restraints itself was made out of thick metal alloys enough to hold the Tyrannosaur in place. The dinosaur groaned as the restraints held him down. Nima was sorely tempted to let the animals out. But then a thought occurred to her. The dinosaurs are heavily drugged so even if it is wearing out she will not set them free before they hurt themselves. She must plan this carefully. Taking care she stroked the once feathered hide of this animal. The whites of several feathers were all that was remaining of the plumage this animal had. So without waiting Nima gently began to rub the areas where the feathers once were. The dinosaur rumbled in pleasure as half lidded eyes slowly closed as it relaxed.

 

Walking over to the other cages she was greeted by the Ankylosaur the only herbivore of the three caught. This one took a sniff at her before it laid back down. This one sensed no danger from her so it was safe to be asleep. The Pteranodon was the same as it too sensed no ill will. Nima was grateful for the trust these animals had placed on here. Animals that should not have been brought back form the dead.

 

This Dr. Grant had put all his love into these animals. After doing research on him and how he lived before this incident Nima concluded that the man was a descent one.

 

“Don't worry I will set you free. As much as I hate InGen you are just innocent animals who did not ask for this,” Nima whispered.

 

“So are the animals to your satisfaction?” Miles said

 

“Yes, they are fine thank goodness. Though I had to secure the Pteranodon's cage better all this rocking would have damaged the goods. Our buyer doesn't want that now would he?” Nima said.

 

“No, of course not but Nedry is taking too long in getting here and the storm has gotten worse,” Miles said.

 

“Then we will wait the night until it passes,” Nima replied.

 

“Yeah, sure,” Miles replied.

 

To Be Continued

 

 

 

Chapter 13: Breakfast in Bed

Summary:

What happened after the hurricane and some flashbacks are in order. Enjoy folks.

Chapter Text

 

MONTANA 1988

 

 

 

Um....ok this is very strange for me to come out here,” said a woman as she stepped out of a vehicle.

 

Jessica Grady was a veterinarian, the one that his volunteer recommended. That Volunteer Richard Grady her husband stood with little Tank in his hands. The Ankylosaur was busy munching on a piece of a banana that he had gotten from his stores.

 

Well they seem healthy and since they are reptiles I will have to check for a few things,” Jessica said as she gently poked something underneath and scrunched.

 

Hmmm.....they seem more like birds when I poke here ok let's do some blood tests just to make sure,” she said and got out a syringe and took a small sample from each hatchling. Few squeaked in protest of being handled that way, but the ankylosaur was calm as ever.

 

Alright give me a few minutes and I will be back with the results,” she said and walked off.

 

By then the door opened in Mrs. Attenborough came walking in. She looked around before she spotted the six hatchlings. Immediately her eyes began to shine as she came up to them.

 

Oh my God will you look at that! I swear Alan you had out done yourself this time!” she said as she looked at all six hatchlings in their makeshift playpen.

 

Some of the others also poked their heads into the trailer to see the baby dinosaurs. One of them happens to be a seven year old Owen Grady. The pudgy boy ran inside to see the dinosaurs for himself.

 

Oh Wow Daddy lookie, lookie! Its a dinosawr!” Owen said to his dad when he pointed to the baby T-Rex. Richard was holding his infant daughter Maria while he laughed at Owen's antics. The boy pointed his finger at the T-Rex trying to tickle him only to end up being bitten.

 

Owww!” Owen said and he had the start of tears.

 

Honey that is not nice to poke your fingers in an animal's face,” Richard scolded Owen.

 

Owen bit back tears as he held his fingers, but then he felt something licking it and found the same baby dinosaur licking his wounds.

 

You are a rosco!” Owen said as he pulled his finger away and sucked on the wound himself much to his father's protests.

 

Richard why don't you take Owen and get that looked at. I will make sure these little ones don't bite anyone else,” said Mr. Attenborough.

 

Richard then took Owen by the hand as he walked out. The little Tyrannosaur squeaked as he wanted to follow but Mr. Attenborough was quick to grab it.

 

Oh no you don't you little rascal,” he said as he lifted the little one up. It squeaked in protest as he put it back with the others. The strange looking Frankie being the smallest was trying his best to get something to eat since the others were being fed with syringes filled with either puree meat or veggie paste. He looked lost until Mrs. Attenborough picked it up.

 

So Liz do you know anything about this one? I've been scratching my head for hours, and since this is the smallest egg out of the clutch that he or she hatched from I am at a loss,” Alan said.

 

Hmm I will have to get these guys X-Rayed to see for myself but I have to say this one does look familiar. We already identified five of them, and I love your pteranodon she is just adorable,” Mrs. Attenborough said as she scratched the pterosaur under the chin. Said Pterosaur mewed in delight as she flapped her wings for more attention.

 

My oh my this one is definitely a girl always wanting attention.” she said.

 

But she let it go to pick up the strange small one. This one didn't like the meat paste that much. Alan was afraid that Frankie was going to die.

 

Hmm his fingers reminds me of a hoatzin see how they line up?” she said as she grabbed the hand of the smallest one and examined each of the three fingers.

 

Well I'll be damned it can't be!” she said.

 

What?” Alan said.

 

This little shit right here this is a rare find indeed!” she said as she gently felt along the bony tail and the feet.

 

What is it Liz?” Ellie said getting impatient.

 

This is an Archeopteryx!” Mrs. Attenborough said.

 

You're joking Elizabeth!” Mr. Attenborough said when he walked up to Frankie.

 

No I am not I recognize these bone structures anywhere! I saw them myself when I was in Germany many years ago. I did a paper on the subject back in my day. And I am telling you right now you brain dead idiots that this here is an Archeopteryx!” Mrs. Attenborough said proudly.

 

But it has no feathers!” said a volunteer.

 

Baby birds have no feathers when they are born dumbass,” Mrs. Attenborough replied.

 

Alan had to hold back a laugh as he took Frankie from Mrs. Attenborough. The little thing gave a chirp but did not move, “So what does he or she eat?” Alan asked.

 

Bugs of course! And I got plenty of them ruining my kitchen!” Mrs. Attenborough laughed as she went out of the trailer to get the bug traps. As soon as she came in she had a healthy helping of flies for the littlest dinosaur. Frankie ate like a pig. He was so happy to be fed finally that he looked up at Alan with love.

 

There was a knock on the door and Mrs. Grady finally returned, “Ok guys I got the test results and Owen wanted to see the dinosaurs again,” she said.

 

Owen peeked his head in his finger in a band aid.

 

Alright what are the genders?” Alan asked.

 

Well, the T-Rex is definitely a boy,” she said.

 

See I told you ma! He is a rosco!” Owen said.

 

Its Rascal Owen, Rascal,” his mother scolded, “Though Rosco is a good name for him ain't that right Rosco,” Mrs. Grady said petting the newly named Rosco under his large head. The baby enjoyed the touch and leaned in for more. Owen taking his mother's cue did the same.

 

See Owen you need to pet him here first to let him know you are a friend.” his mother said while Rosco protested for attention. He let her know he was not happy at all with the lack of it. Owen laughed as he petted him some more.

 

Alright now that 'he' is taken care of what about the others?” asked Alan.

 

Well the Pteranodon I can tell you is a girl so 'Sarah' would be a good name for her,” Mrs. Grady said. Said pteranodon was busy sleeping off her meal of tuna.

 

Ok Tank is a female which is good these days. Those two are boys,” Mrs. Grady finished pointing at the two other carnivores.

 

Nico! Nico!” came a squeaky voice and Mrs. Grady looked up in shock as her infant Maria had somehow gotten a hold of the raptor chick who was protesting.

 

Maria no!” Richard said and went to save the hatchling from his daughter. The baby started to cry when the raptor was pried out of her hand. The little thing nearly choked.

 

Mia wants Nico, Mia wants Nico!” Maria protested as she started to cry. Her screaming woke up the other dinosaurs and they too started to scream. Alan had to put his hands to his ears....babies.

 

 

 

 

 

ISLA NUBLAR, EAST DOCK, PRESENT DAY

 

 

 

The first rays of the sun began to shine over the horizon of Isla Nublar. The birds began their morning chorus and the seas were once again calm and steady. However for one resident or former resident this was no time for games. Loading up her gear Nima was ready to head out.

 

“It's about time you showed up!” Miles said protesting.

 

Says the man who took two fucken hours to get dressed,” Nima growled.

 

Miles grumbled to himself as he hoisted his bag over his shoulder. “Well I had to be prepared for anything including mosquitoes,” and then he began to make his way towards the jungle followed by Nima and two other men.

 

“What are we going to do then?” asked Nima.

 

“First we are going to find that bastard Nedry and find out what happened to him. And second we are going to find out what happened to the rest of those animals. We need them for the full payment,” Miles replied.

 

Nima could only guess what happened to Nedry.

 

 

 

ELSEWHERE

 

 

 

The first rays of dawn began to crest over the mountain range as the sounds of something munching woke Ian from his rest. There right in front of his face was a very large mouth munching on leaves.

 

That mouth was attached to a very long neck. Which is attached to a very large head, and that head was giving him a bemused look while munching on the leaves of the tree he was currently sitting in.

 

And right on cue a cry was heard as Frankie the Archeopteryx flew right at the large dinosaur and was happily eating ticks. A deep musical sounding rumble was heard but the larger animal paid him no mind. Ian nearly screamed when a large hand landed on his leg and he turned to look at Alan. The other man put a finger to his lips and urged him to be quiet.

 

Nodding in understanding Ian watched as the exchange. He truly felt like he had gone back in time to another era.

 

“Whoa!” came the voice of Tim as he woke up. That also woke up his sister who was about to scream but Alan put his hand to her mouth and did the same thing he did to Ian.

 

“It's ok Lex this is a herbivore a plant eater,” Alan said gently as he reached out towards the animal.

 

As if sensing a friend the dinosaur leaned in and let itself be petted. All the while munching on the leaves it was getting right in front of them. Tim looked for permission before he too touched the dinosaur. “Whoa this is cool its a Brachiosaurus right?” he said to Alan.

 

“Yep and he is beautiful,” Alan said.

 

“He?” Ian said.

 

“Yes I was watching more before I went to bed. The males have a more distinct crest not much different then a female, but from studying their skulls the males have more larger openings on top for more sounds. To attract females and this guy is no different, right there big guy?” Alan said happily to the Brachiosaur.

 

It paid him no mind as it continued to much away at the food in front of him. Lex also reached forward and stroked the dinosaur. It reacted happily at the area she was touching.

 

“Dr. Grant I think this Brachiosaur has a cold,” Tim said as he pointed to the trail of moisture coming from its nostril.

 

“Yeah I think I will let Dr. Harding know when we get back,” said Alan.

 

“Um Alan I just thought of something grandpa said,” Lex inquired.

 

“Really? What is it?” Alan asked.

 

“Um he said that all the dinosaurs are girls and yet you mentioned that this one is a boy how is that?” Lex asked.

 

“Well I remembered what Dr. Malcolm here said and then I remembered the amphibian DNA that Dr. Wu inserted into the genes of these animals. Certain species of frogs and fish change their genders at certain points in time. Mostly when there is only one gender or at a certain age with some species of fish. So if I am not mistaken the dinosaurs here and what we saw last night means only one thing....they are breeding.” Alan then turned to Ian with a smirk on his face.

 

“Well Ian you get to tell Hammond that your theories are correct right?” Alan said to Ian.

 

“Yeah definitely,” Ian said, “Life finds a way,”

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

In the time it took for the first rays to reach the forest floor another resident was starting to wake up. Just below where the Brachiosaur was feasting gray eyes opened to the world for the first time in hours. Jessie Harding first became aware of the world though the bright lights of the sun filtering through the hole outside.

 

The next thing she became aware of was the feeling of warmth next to her, as she slowly became more aware of her surroundings. The feeling of something breathing on her and purring gave her the images of a cat next to her and she almost thought she was back in California again. That is until the smell of dirt and moss began to filter through her sleep fogged mind. As she slowly woke up more her mind suddenly became aware of the fact that what she was leaning on was not her blanket or her pillows from home. In fact it was hard and scaly and....breathing.

 

Slowly she turned her head to see the sleeping form of Spitz snuggled close.

 

Then the nights events caught up with her....

 

Nedry's kidnapping

 

 

How he nearly raped her.

 

Spitz rescuing her and protecting her from other dinosaurs.

 

How Spitz had found shelter under the tree.

 

As if sensing her wakefulness the said dinosaur opened his eye and looked up at her with a croon. Jessie smiled as she stroked his side, “Your my new hero you know that boy,” she said and leaned into him. His rapid beating heart was all she heard. Spitz hooted a reply as he slowly gotten up and shook himself up. He then turned to her and nudged her up.

 

“I guess I have to get up huh?” she whispered to him.

 

Spitz only cocked his head before heading outside to investigate the shaking ground. Jessie followed and what astonished her was the Brachiosaur right outside her tree. The dinosaur in question gently moved away leaving them well enough alone. Looking up she saw it depart slowly down the forest with the rest of the herd.

 

It was also there that she saw another resident this one...not as friendly or so she thought.

 

It was her other hero.

 

“Junior?” she said.

 

The Juvenile T-Rex was sleeping beside the tree also and Spitz slowly walked up to it. The T-Rex woke with a wagging of its tail. Its head was narrower then Rexy's but still Junior was just happy for some company. Feeling cautious Jessie tried not to move, but that was before she tripped on a branch and fell backward. Junior came up to her and she was sure she was breakfast.

 

Then Spitz came to her rescue again scolding the Rex. He even gave it a few good swipes as a warning. But Junior was not relenting as she was whining at Jessie.

 

“Oh that's right you are still a baby aren't you? But you are a lot bigger then me Junior so where is Rexy? Did she get out too?” she said to the larger carnivore.

 

Junior only came to her and began to sniff at her and fell over.

 

“JUNIOR!” Jessie nearly screamed as she raced over to the T-Rex's side.

 

It was there that she finally got to see the claw marks on the side of the dinosaur. She knew exactly where they had come from. It was from saving both her and Spitz last night from the other Dilophosaurs. Junior slowly whined in pain.

 

“Oh shit I am so sorry!” Jessie started to cry.

 

It was then that branches could be heard moving as something made their way down. Jessie could hear voices as well as Spitz. The dilophosaurs's head went up in bewilderment. Then his tail began to swing excitedly as he started to make happy noises.

 

“Hello! Hello is anyone up there?” Jessie started to call up the tree.

 

“Hello is anyone down there?” a familiar voice said.

 

“Dr. Grant? Dr. Grant is that you!” Jessie called.

 

“Jessie?” another voice said this one she also knew.

 

“Ian? Ian is that you...oh Thank God!” Jessie yelled.

 

It took them all about ten minutes to finish getting down from the tree but when they did Ian quickly crushed Jessie in a tight hug. “Oh my God Jessie what the fuck are you doing out here?” he asked.

 

“I was kidnapped and then the storm came and that man he nearly....” by then Jessie started to let loose the floodgate of tears from her shock of the previous night.

 

“Shhh honey it is ok, it is ok we're here now you are safe,” Ian said comforting his soon to be sister in law.

 

It was then that Lex decided to scream in fear and a hooting was heard. Everyone broke off from what they were doing only to hear laughing at the end.

 

There on the ground was Dr. Grant and right above him was Spitz licking his face and giving him happy croons, hoots and warbles. He was followed by an excited Frankie as the Archeopteryx came swooping out of the trees to fly around his nest mate. Spitz being happy for the reunion also bounced up and down in happiness. She watched as Dr. Grant quickly grabbed the dilophosaurs and gave him a hug which to her surprise he returned! The dinosaur returned the hug!

 

“I didn't know he could do that?” Jessie said.

 

“Well Dr. Grant's dinosaurs are unique in their own way,” Ian said.

 

“Wow he is cool can I touch him?” Tim said.

 

“Sure let me show you how,” Alan said as he put his hand on Spitz's neck and showed Tim how to say hello. Spitz cocked his head and hooted at Tim before taking a sniff at the boy's hand. Then he rubbed his head against the boy's stomach. Tim laughed as the dinosaur then tried to go for Lex but she was really hesitant.

 

“Don't worry Lex he won't bite he is just curious,” Alan said.

 

“Ok...I am just nervous after the last meatsaurus,” she said.

 

Spitz reared up on his hind legs and took a sniff before opening his arms up and giving a hug which shocked Lex.

 

“He likes you Lex,” Jessie said. Lex slowly returned the hug with shaking fingers. Then he repeated the gesture to Jessie and this time Jessie laughed as she let herself get hugged.

 

“So Jessie tell me what is up with this T-Rex?” asked Ian looking at the injured Junior.

 

“Junior saved us from a pack of Dilophosaurs. Spitz tried to fight them off but then Junior showed up and decided to end the fight. But from the looks of it Junior isn't doing too good,” she said

 

Junior began to wheeze from the poison and her wounds and Alan looked down in pity. Then he reached into his pocket to pull out a bottle that he had kept with him.

 

“What is that?” Tim asked.

 

“Dilophosaur Antivenom, I keep it on hand just in case Spitz accidentally bit me. I have just enough here for Junior hopefully it will help,” Alan said as he pulled out a syringe and tapped on it a few times. Then he walked slowly towards the Tyrannosaur and tried to get her turn so she can show her vein.

 

“Come on girl this is not going to hurt one bit I just need you to turn a bit,” Alan said as he pushed on her gently.

 

Slowly the juvenile Tyrannosaur turned and shown the right vein. Tapping on it a few times Alan plunged the needle inside to inject the meds into her. Once it was done he tossed the needle and tapped the side again showing that everything was alright.

 

“WE should get these wounds treated Ian you know that plant behind you the one with the broad leaves?” he said.

 

“This one?” Ian asked.

 

“No the one with the dark berries on it,” Alan asked.

 

“These Dr. Grant?” Lex said.

 

“Yes that one bring that one here that is good medicine. Ellie insisted that I learn a bit about Botany with her so I know a few things,” Alan said as he took the plant from Lex and began to smear the berries into the wounds of the T-Rex. Junior whined as she was being helped and Tim wondered towards the end of the snout and pet the dinosaur only for her to snap at his hand.

 

“Be careful Tim she is not tame,” Alan warned.

 

“It's ok Tim,” Jessie said.

 

When all the wounds were covered in berry juice and seemed to sooth the dinosaur down the group got up.

 

“Now what?” asked Ian.

 

“Now we have to make our way to the Visitor's Center. We've done all we can for Junior so only time will tell if she will get better or not. I just hope she will be fine in a few hours but we need to get moving,” Alan said.

 

They all nodded and Alan leaned down towards Jessie.

 

“Jessie do you know the way to the road?” he asked.

 

“No it was dark when Spitz led me here under the tree,” Jessie said.

 

“Alright, Spitz!” Alan said the dinosaur in question looked up from where he was licking his own wounds.

 

“Spitz where is the road? Where is the road Spitz?” Alan then whistled.

 

Spitz then hooted before leading the group away from the tree towards where the road was. By then the sun had already risen over the mountains and gave the forest floor an eerie look. When they got there however they found to their horror armed men already circling the area.

 

“Shit! We can't go back,” Ian said.

 

“Those men have guns I bet it is to scare the dinosaurs away,” Lex said.

 

“Don't be stupid Lex those men are not grandpa's workers in fact they look scary,” Tim said.

 

“Guys I am trying to listen in,” said Alan.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

It had taken them about four hours of following the road towards where they are now. Nima was irritated that she had to follow these clowns, but what is she going to do. She could have been here faster if Miles had not insisted on stopping every single time for a break.

 

“I hate the jungle, and the mosquitoes, and the heat,” he grumbled while she rolled her eyes keeping her gun in check. They had followed the trail all the way up the mountain towards where the road was. They had followed the road for sometime till at last they had came towards the fallen tree and where the wreckage of the Jeep was. It had taken them nearly four hours to get, here but at long last they had finally came up to the jeep.

 

The jeep was a wreck with blood splatters everywhere on the inside. One of the men opened the door and lost his lunch in the bushes.

 

There was the remains of Dennis Nedry. His stomach was torn open with his intestines ripped to shreds as if something had eaten him alive. There was gore everywhere and the heat has made Dennis's body bloat leaving a horrid smell and the insects were all over him.

 

Though in the maggot infested remains Nima managed to find what she was looking for. The Barbosol can was lying just near Nedry's foot. So Nima without Mile's noticing checked the can for the embryos. Finding them she secured the can and refilled it adding another CO2 canister to the can. The other can she noticed was the same thing but it was a normal can. Thinking quick she picked up the can which was destroyed and handed it to Miles.

 

“I believe this was what you were looking for?” Nima said.

 

“What! Ah fuck!” Miles said screaming in frustration at the destroyed shaving crème can. The bottom was too smashed up for them to be able to open it saving Nima time to hide the real can. As he looked at the destroyed can all Miles grumbled was his lost money.

 

“Don't worry about it as long as we have the dinosaurs we should be able to recover some of it right?” Nima said.

 

“That is just the problem we need to have all six dinosaurs and the embryos to get paid. Nedry was our get to guy for it and now he is dead,” Miles said.

 

“Well we should be heading down the road to find out what happened to the rest of the dinosaurs. From the looks of it Nedry had what was coming to him,” Nima replied.

 

“Yeah lets get going we need to track down those other men and what had happened to the dinosaurs,” Miles replied.

 

Nima just happened to look down and see some tracks on the ground. They were hours old meaning that these tracks belonged to someone. She spotted the bigger tracks of Nedry and some smaller tracks meaning someone else was here.

 

But it was the dinosaur tracks that had her confused. There were different sizes and shapes meaning something is lurking in the jungles. Getting up she looked around shouldering her rifle before making her way towards the others. Looking back once before disappearing.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

“That was close!” said Lex.

 

“Yeah that was close,” Alan replied.

 

“Do you know those men?” Ian asked the paleontologist.

 

“No but I do know their clothes. Those are the same men that attacked me and my dinosaurs.” Alan said.

 

“Are you sure?” Ian asked.

 

“Yeah I recognize the uniforms and the guns those are the same ones,” Alan replied.

 

“Can we go now?” Jessie said suddenly nervous.

 

“Yeah lets find another way out of here,” Ian agreed putting his arm around his sister in law.

 

“Alright let's go,” Alan said and they all started away from the roads towards the trees. Spitz followed behind and Frankie soared overhead. Alan was surprised that Frankie never attacked the men but then again the Archeopteryx was busy catching breakfast.

 

As they walked through the jungle Spitz began to make a low whine and Alan knew what that meant...he was hungry.

 


“Alright we need to find food for both ourselves and the dinosaurs. Ian do you know anything about the outdoors?” he asked the mathematician.

 

“I only know how to make a fire that is it,” Ian said.

 

“Alright I guess I have to go get us some food. Lets go Spitz,” Alan said and the Dilophosaur was more then happy to lead the way.

 

About an hour later Alan returned with a few birds that he had caught and some plants. After Ian made a fire they were able to get something into their stomachs. The group then set out into the wilderness that is Jurassic Park.

 

 

 

AT THE SHELTER

 

 

“Psst! Dr. Sattler? Dr. Sattler?” a frantic Henry Wu said as he tried to wake up Ellie.

 

Nico was looking up at him with some amusement to his face.

 

“Mmmm wha?” Ellie said waking up. When she finally became alert as to what had happened she finally was able to see Dr. Wu leaning above her.

 

“Henry what's wrong?” Ellie asked.

 

“Um...I think it hatched,” Henry said as he showed the now hatched egg and the little dinosaur that came from it.

 

Ellie looked down at the Troodon that just was born its large eyes made it look rather odd as it looked around.

 

“Did you feed it?” Ellie said.

 

“Um....I gave it my left over jerky,” Henry said and Ellie had to laugh.

 

“Well congratulations Dr. Wu you are now the father of a Troodon,” Ellie said to him. Henry Wu looked shocked, “I am not a parent! I am a geneticist a guy who splices genes and not a person who grows things?” he said in a panic.

 

“Henry a parent does exactly that and you can't get rid of him or her now they have imprinted on you,” Ellie said to him. Nico chose this time to get up and sniff the baby. Giving a happy croon he began to clean it of the left over yoke. The baby troodon was more the happy to accept its bath.

 

“But, but....” Henry tried to protest.

 

It was then that the Troodon nuzzled into Henry it looked up at him with adoration while it snuggled into his hand. Henry sighed as he held the little one up, “Ok I admit you are kind of cute but what am I going to feed you in the meantime?” he asked.

 

Ellie smiled while she watched the bewildered Henry. Deal with his new 'child' and sighed. Henry was right even with the rations they had the dinosaurs need fresh meat meaning that they are going to have to go out and hunt.

 

Slowly their room started to fill with activity as many people started to wake from their sleeping areas. Ellie chosen to sleep on the floor as a means to stay with Nico. Robert, Hammond and Ray slept on the cots. Wu had a few blankets out and slept on the floor nearest one of the warm vents meaning he was in the warmest place in the room. So that would explain why the egg hatched as it did. Ellie had to smile Wu seemed so reserved in his lab when she met him. The young man could use the dinosaur as a means of reaching out to other people. They say that pets makes the best therapists.

 

The little Troodon began to make some noise which woke the others.

 

“For God Sake are those animals trying to get into the vents again?” Gerry said grumbling.

 

“No that would be Henry's new pet,” said Ellie as she watched Nico finish off his own meal of the dead troodon. The last of it went down Nico's gullet but not before he gave a piece of meat to the little Troodon who ate it with a fury. At one point he started to choke but Henry quickly rubbed his neck to help him swallow like how he would do to the other babies.

 

Speaking of which.

 

“OH shit! The hatchlings!” he said

 

“What about them?” said Hammond.

 

“We need to get back to the labs and secure the babies,” Henry said.

 

“Henry that place is crawling with raptors and you want us to go back there?” Ray Arnold said.

 

“Look we have to go back in there anyways to get this park up and running again so why not,” said Ellie.

 

 

It was John Hammond that made the final decision. “Dr. Sattler is right if we have any chance of surviving we need to get this park back up and running again. Now Dr. Wu when we get back to the Visitor's Center we need you to secure the hatchlings to make sure they are alright. Robert you and Dr. Sattler will take Nico to make sure there are no raptors in the building. Dr. Harding you and Mitch secure the First Aid area to make sure that we have enough medical supplies to last us until Dr. Grant and Dr. Malcolm return with the kids. Once we have the area secure we can organize another search party.” Hammond said.

 

 

Sure enough everyone had gotten ready to go. Henry held onto his little Troodon and placed it in his shirt pocket for safe keeping. The little Troodon poked its head out and was surprisingly quiet. Nico took a sniff at the hatchling before heading towards Ellie.

 

 

Robert was the first out the door with his rifle ready followed by Ellie and Nico and then Gerry. The sounds of the morning birds filled the air as the group slowly but surely exited the area. Nico took some time to sniff for danger and having found none led the way back towards the visitor's center.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Alan and the kids had managed to walk towards a cliff. This cliff gave them a clear view of the island and what laid beyond.

 

“Look there is the Visitor's Center!” said Lex.

 

There looming over the trees just a distance away was the visitor's center. The tops of the thatched roofs shown against the green of the trees.

 

“But its so far,” Tim complained.

 

“Yeah we have to cross that valley first,” Ian said pointing towards the plains. There they saw several herbivores grazing in the distance.

 

“We have to cross the river first before we get towards the plains. And from what I read on the tour guide the river is full of caiman and one Sarcosuchus.” said Alan.

 

“Sarcosuchus? Thats one big crocodile right?” Tim said.

 

“You mean to tell me there is one massive crocodile in the river?” said Jessie.

 

“Yeah so that means we have to take the long way home,” Alan said sadly.

 

From down below the river was rather wide and from the looks of the muddy water deep as well. The storm had flooded the river and the surrounding area so that means that area is rather dangerous to cross. So the adults had to figure out what is the best place to cross in order to get home.

 

“Don't they have a bridge somewhere?” asked Jessie.

 

“I don't think so, with that tropical storm last night I am guessing that the bridges would be out. So we have to find another way to cross the river,” Alan said.

 

“Wait! If I remember from dad if we travel down the mountains on the other side we can make our way around from the coast. We have to however go south since the North Road has those men on it,” said Jessie.

 

“South? But that would take us half way across the island!” said Ian.

 

“Its either that or face the Sarcosuchus. At least when we get to the docks we can cut across the second valley on the other side of the ridge. Once there we can be able to get across the river a lot easier and cross the valley,” Jessie said.

 

“Did your father show you the way?” Ian asked.

 

“We crossed there when he gave me the tour. He said that they use that route when there is a major flood to avoid the super croc and the Giant Snake,” said Jessie.

 

“Wait Giant Snake!” said Alan.

 

“Yeah it was an accidental hatching but one that was done at the field lab instead of the regular labs at the Visitor's Center. Dad told me it was Dr. Sorkin's version of the middle finger to Dr. Wu,” Jessie replied.

 

“Oh boy first the super croc and now the monster snake,” Alan replied.

 

“Makes you feel like you are in the Lost World now isn't it Grant?” Ian joked.

 

“Yeah, what ever biker boy,” Alan joked.

 

“Well lets go I want to go home,” Tim said showing his enthusiasm and Frankie on Tim's shoulder chirped his agreement.....or just chirped for the hell of it. Spitz also chirped his eagerness to go as he reared up and screeched with his frill out.

 

“Alright then let's go people while there is daylight ahead of us,” Alan said.

 

To be Continued....

 

 

 

Chapter 14: Into the Jungle

Summary:

And here is the trek across the Jungle.

Notes:

Wow it has been a while but I am so glad you guys are enjoying the story. It is like every day I open my email and I get all these messages. You guys are awesome!

Chapter Text

 

 

The group had been walking for what seemed like hours. The blistering heat of the sun had been scorching the jungle making it nearly unbearable. The insects and the birds were very loud this time of day, but they managed to make good time down the ridge of the mountains. Spitz the Dilophosaur had stayed by Jessie's side the whole time offering comfort to the girl as she held onto her stomach. Ian knew the signs all to well and sighed.

 

“Hey Grant hold up!” he called to the Paleontologist.

 

Alan stopped and the others stopped with him.

 

Jessie had her hand to her stomach as she let out a groan.

 

“Ok honey sit down for a bit ok,” Ian said.

 

“What's wrong?” Alan asked

 

“Jessie is starting her period,” Ian said.

 

“How do you know that?” Alan asked.

 

“I have daughters Alan, and after dealing with two teens and one fully grown woman for so long you would know the signs.” Ian said.

 

As if sensing his discomfort Lex was the one who stepped up. “I got this boys,” she said and led Jessie away, but she was trying to shoo Spitz who was trying to follow.

 

“Um.....?” Lex said.

 

“Spitz stay!” Alan called and Spitz stayed where he was. Frankie remained on Tim's shoulder watching with curiosity. The Dilophosaur turned towards Alan with a questioning look.

 

“Stay Spitz,” Alan warned.

 

The dinosaur reluctantly walked towards his father and rubbed his side against him like a cat. Alan reached over and stroked him down much to his delight. The Dilophosaur leaned in while looking in the direction the girls had taken. He wanted to go after them but Alan's firm hand on his neck told him otherwise. He could have easily bitten his hand but he knows better.

 

Frankie almost went after them but then Tim managed to find something to distract the smallest member of their group. A large spider was what had Frankie very happy and very full by the time the girls had gotten back. When they had gotten back Jessie looked a bit calmer and not so much in pain or discomfort.

 

“What did you do?” Tim asked.

 

“I had a spare Tampon. I just got over my period so I figured I'd give it to Jessie,” Lex replied.

 

“T.M.I.!” Tim said and covered his ears.

 

Alan rolled his eyes along with Ian as they continued their trek. Now no longer fearing the dinosaurs following the scent of blood. They continued on through the jungle. Frankie who had been on Tim's shoulder moved towards Lex. Reaching up she gave him a scratch on the head. The Archeopteryx was more then happy to enjoy the attention.

 

Suddenly Spitz reared his head up in alarm.

 

“What is it boy?” Alan said stopping alerting the others.

 

Spitz took a sniff and growled low in his throat his frill ready to come out at a moment's notice. It flapped like Elephant's ears along the side of his neck showing his nervousness. Frankie too looked up from his perch and listened. Everyone remained quiet listening to the sounds of the jungle.

 

 

It was silent save for the insects that buzzed around their ears. The birds were gone and so are the sounds of the smaller mammals.

 

“Everyone get ready to run,” Alan said taking a step back.

 

Spitz looked to the left and to the right his posture was alert. He did not like the scent that was nearby and was ready to either flee or pounce. Taking a few good sniffs the Dilophosaurus swished his tail in wide arcs, and very rapidly each time growling.

 

That was when Alan finally heard it. A movement in the bushes had his head up and alert, ready to run. Something had streaked through the bushes. At first he thought it might be a raptor, but the movements were wrong. This pack was not organized at all like a raptor pack would be. Everyone gotten closer to each other while Spitz and Frankie were on alert.

 

There was a slight growling that could be heard as the footsteps had gotten louder and closer.

 

Then out of the bushes they came four red bodied, black stripped dinosaurs with white bellies on the bellies they came at them and the group began to run. Spitz smacked the closest one with his tail while clawing another. Then running after the group he would occasionally spit at one of the pack. Frankie took off into the trees when the first attack came and dove for the eyes of another dinosaur.

 

Alan and the others rushed towards the nearest tree, but they were blocked. Alan grabbed a large stick while Ian did the same trying to protect the kids. The kids were huddled between the adults and the dinosaurs. Lex was crying and holding onto the Tim while Jessie was doing the same from the other side. All three of them were clearly terrified of the dinosaurs that attacked them.

 

The first dinosaur hissed as it charged only to meet a face full of black venom. Spitz had aimed true as he spat venom at the nearest dinosaur. The second one came from the side hoping to scare off the dilophosaur. But the other dinosaur stood his ground and would not move. Frankie dove from the trees and attacked another one gauging its eyes as it screamed in agony. Try as it might Frankie moved away before it could swat at him.

 

Another dinosaur came at Frankie forcing the Archeopteryx to fly away into the trees. When he came back down he had something in his talons and when released it was a very fowl smelling fruit.

 

The dinosaur shook the fruit off before leaping after him. Frankie was taken from the tail and Alan screamed when he saw the dinosaur go for the kill.

 

But luck was on his side when Tim threw a rock at the dinosaur hitting it right in the eye. Screeching in pain the dinosaur let go of Frankie who clawed his eye. The dino however managed to swat Frankie in a tree knocking the smaller dinosaur out. Alan quickly rushed over to where Frankie was on the ground. His wing was at a bad angle meaning that Frankie is unable to fly and that meant the man was stuck with only one dinosaur.

 

Spitz however remained in the fight he was a dinosaur that would not give up. So he kept fighting even if he was supporting various wounds from numerous bites and slashes. Still the determined Dilophosaur will not give up on his family.

 

Just as things were looking bleak it was the gunshot that scared every creature in the jungle. The dinosaurs looked up and then scattered leaving the group where they were. Spitz growled low in his throat when the bushes parted and the party they were trying to avoid came right into view.

 

“Well, well what do we have here?” said a rather sinister voice.

 

The group turned to find none other then Miles and his team as they emerged from the Jungle. Their guns held towards their heads.

 

“Two pedophiles and three kids well ain't this something. Now what are you five doing out here with my dinosaurs?” Miles said.

 

“The dinosaurs are not yours,” Alan replied. Spitz growled low in his throat ready to attack, but Alan had his hand on his crest in a firm grip. That is one way to tell him not to attack.

 

 

“Not mine? Where the fuck have you come from? They are all mine!” Miles said with a smug look.

 

“You stole them from me asshole all of them!” Alan growled and Spitz and Frankie growled with him.

 

“Really? Is that so? Well you must be Dr. Grant the dinosaur wrangler. Well it is good to know that we have two more of your dinosaurs. The small one will fetch a hefty price while that one there,” he pointed to Spitz, “Will be food for the T-Rex.”

 

“You will not get away with this!” Ian said and that was when the shot came from Mile's gun and Ian went down with a scream.

 

“Ian!” Jessie yelled.

 

“Shut your mouth rock star this is my gig now,” Miles said.

 

“Miles, you asshole now the whole jungle knows we are here!” yelled a woman.

 

“Relax Nima we will be out before the sun sets. All we have to do now is capture the raptor and we will have our full set. Too bad we can't do nothing about the embryos. Nedry had really botched up the job now. At least we will be paid half the amount. But perhaps we can get more at the Visitor's Center.” Miles bragged.

 

Alan could see the woman Nima growled darkly and muttered things in Spanish. Ian's ears perked up at the mention of a few choice words from the woman.

 

“Now lets get going!” he said happily.

 

They began to move towards Spitz but the Dilophosaur proved to be a match for them. Alan released his hold on Spitz's crests and the dinosaur went into action. Frill raised he spat at the nearest mercenary while going after another.

 

Another shot rang out and this time it was not towards them.

 

The tranquilizer dart hit Spitz and the Dilophosaur went for the nearest man. Well that was before the drug kicked in and he fell into an unconscious daze.

 

“SPITZ!” the kids yelled.

 

Spitz breathed deeply as the drug took effect but the damage had been done. The men moved in quickly one of them was smart enough to hold a muzzle. He wrapped it around Spitz and tied his limbs together. He was kept a hogtied style and as he was dragged along with a protesting Frankie. The five humans were being pushed by the woman Nima.

 

The blazing heat and the intense sunlight filtered through the trees making it difficult for anyone to breathe. But they kept going in the opposite direction of where Jessie was taking them.

 

Right towards the river.

 

“We can't go that way the giant croc will eat us!” said Jessie.

 

“WE will take our chances. The bridge is that way and we can cross the river safely.” said Miles as he pushed them along the path.

 

Ian at this time was nursing his leg. The bullet went clean through shattering his upper thigh but that left a lot of blood on the ground.

 

Thankfully it was Nima to the rescue while the men marched in front. She was the one who guarded the rear. Taking down her bandanna she smudged some berries together and placed it into the wound. Ian nearly screamed and that caused the men to stop, but Nima only told them that she has to stop the bleeding. “If the other dinos smell the blood they will come after us. And I would rather avoid the big ones if you don't mind,” said Nima.

 

“Fine whatever,” Miles replied.

 

Nima was tending to Ian but she looked back at Miles and the other mercenaries all the same. Leaning in close she spoke to Ian, “Listen to me carefully if you want to live. I can get you and the others out with your animals. But you are going to have to trust me?” Nima said.

 

Ian's eyes perked up.

 

“Who are you?” he whispered.

 

“I am with the Costa Rican Intelligence. Now when the time is right you will run got it?” she said and Ian nodded, “Good tell the plan to the others wait till nightfall then we will go,” Nima then gotten up and walked towards the back of the group again. Ian relayed Nima's message to the others and they all kept quiet.

 

Spitz struggled with his leash as Nima took the handle from one of the men. She soothed the dinosaur who crooned at her. She smiled before she made her way back to the men.

 

“What took you so long!” Miles complained.

 

“Oh shut the fuck up if that man bled any more then we will be attracting larger predators or don't you get that every dinosaur on this fucken island is loose!” Nima said.

 

“She's right boss he could have led them right to us,” said one of the Mercenaries.

 


“Fine what the fuck ever now we are wasting time. Nima which way is to the river?” Miles said.

 

“About two hours that way,” Nima said pointing in a direction.

 

“Alright let's go boys!” Miles said as he led them through the jungle. Looking up at the sky Jessie grew worried.

 

“Dr. Grant,” she whispered to the paleontologist.

 

“Yes?” Alan replied.

 

“Last night when Mr. Nedry kidnapped me there were these dinosaurs that attacked me. They came from the shadows. If Spitz and Junior weren't there to protect me then they would have killed me. They are terrified of the light so are they like nocturnal or something?” Jessie asked.

 

“What did they look like Jess?” Alan asked now that he looked at the sky and the sun starting to dip towards the horizon.

 

“Um they had long snouts with very large eyes. They of course had sharp teeth and they have large claws on their feet especially one toe. They are about Spitz's size,” Jessie said.

 

Alan felt his blood run cold, “Um Jessie what sounds do they make,” Alan asked.

 

“They sound like some sort of clicker of sorts. They make these clicking sounds and their eyes glow in the dark.” Jessie said.

 

“Ok, it is just past noon from the looks of it so if my watch is right it is around two. Ian how's the leg?” Alan asked.

 

“Not good shot me clean through Nima had to cauterize the wound with the berries so it would stop the bleeding,” Ian replied.

 

“Alright kids stay close,” Alan said.

 

The three children huddled close to Alan as they continued walking through the bush. Ian followed at a hobble leaning against Alan for support. The jungle was hot and the air was sticky. The insects were everywhere as the men constantly swatted at mosquitoes while Alan and the children remained fine. The mud from the night before provided some protection against the insects.

 

As they walked along the jungle floor suddenly one of the men stopped.

 

“What is it?” asked Miles.

 

“Shh listen,” he said and sure enough the sounds of trumpeting could be heard.

 

Quickly moving out of the way a heard of Stegosaurus came crashing through along with some other three horned dinosaurs.

 

“Torosaurus,” Alan whispered to the kids.

 

The herbivores moved across them not paying them any heed and ignored Spitz. The small dilophosaur merely stayed low to the ground. His muzzle prevented him from doing anything. Other then that he began to scratch an itch on his face with his foot. Just like a dog the dinosaur scratches at the leash but unlike the dog his claws are sharp and having escaped leashes before he was trying to get out.

 

The dinosaur in question looked around and saw that his family members were in fact in trouble. Growling could be heard as he tugged. One of the Mercenaries, the one that was watching him tugged hard on the rope. Spitz yelped when the man pulled on the dinosaur causing him to struggle more. Another hard yank and the dinosaur was under control to an extent. Alan was worried about his dinosaur but he could do nothing about it. The men who had captured him and the others are holding him hostage.

 

He looked towards the woman Nima as she looked ahead. When Ian told him that she was Costa Rican intelligence that proved that something was going down. Now if Jessie is right and there are some dinosaurs out there that are nocturnal then they might have a chance out of this.

 

He only has to wait.

 

 

JURASSIC PARK VISITOR'S CENTER LABORATORIES

 

 

Nico sniffed the ground with caution. Robert and Gerry had their guns out and approached with as much caution as the raptor. Ellie also carried a firearm just in case but all the same they managed to make it to the Visitor's Center in one piece. Henry held the little Troodon close so he don't lose him. The little one was more then happy to be held by his parent. His large eyes peered into the darkness as they entered the main laboratories.

 

Robert kept lookout with Nico while Ellie, Gerry and Henry went into the labs.

 

“Oh God!” Henry said when he saw the state of the nursery.

 

The door was slashed open meaning that the raptors had somehow gotten in here. When they got to the door there was blood everywhere and body parts all over the floor. Henry gasped at the sight and nearly gagged had it not been for the sound of something whimpering. Perking up he quickly went towards the far end of the nursery. The little Troodon was a help when he squeaked in surprise.

 

Henry quickly rushed to where some toy rocks were and found to his surprise the baby raptor from yesterday curled up in a ball frightened.

 

“Its ok little one, its alright!” he said gently.

 

The little raptor looked up and squeaked in alarm.

 

“Shh its alright come here I am not going to hurt you,” Henry said and the little one slowly stumbled out.

 

Henry figured it must have survived by being able to fit in such a tight spot. The other raptors were not so lucky but this one...this one was a survivor.

 

It was then that Nico came into the room and Henry was afraid that the older raptor was going to hurt the baby. But to his surprise the little one walked right up to Nico and squeaked. Nico bent down and took a sniff before starting to groom the little one. Breathing a sigh of relief Henry quickly gathered up the baby raptor and some food for both babies and started to make his way out.

 

However before they even gotten very far Nico's remaining feathers raised in alarm and he started to growl. The others quickly raised their guns as they watched two raptors appear from on the stairs. Henry held the babies in alarm and both the troodon and the raptor huddled close for comfort.

 

“The back door,” Henry whispered.

 

Nodding the others slowly backed way with Ellie guiding Nico. The raptor slowly backed up as well while the others tried to come in for the kill. Nico stood his ground against them but Ellie she had to tap his tail and avoid his teeth just to get him to follow.

 

Nico backed away slowly until he passed the door and then Ellie quickly closed it. They rushed out of the room and down the long hallway towards the area of the shelter. They were quickly joined by the other team as they rushed food and other items from the kitchens with them. They managed to make it in time to their shelter. After shutting the door Nico stood guard with his feathers raised and his teeth bared as the door was crashed into. The others held up their guns as the crashing continued. Screaming his defiance Nico waited till they left.

 

When he knows they did he lowered his feathers and the others lowered their guns. He then went over to where Henry Wu was feeding the hatchlings. The baby raptor seemed frightened until Henry held it steady for Nico to take a sniff. Nico sniffed the baby and began to clean it of some of the blood and gore from the day before. The baby squeaked in surprise before it too began to nuzzle the larger dinosaur. The baby Troodon also followed the raptor's example and began to clean the other baby. Both of them seemed content with each other which was rather cute.

 

Henry in the meantime is trying to process the fact that he is now in charge of two baby dinosaurs. Both of which quickly idol him and Mr. Hammond.

 

Being old as he was Mr. Hammond was the one whom the baby raptor imprinted on and she kept going towards Mr. Hammond. Luckily for the old man he remembered what Alan said about babies. Being on the ground helps when it came for a bit of food.

 

“We can't stay here forever,” said one man.

 

“I know and with those things in the tunnels there is no way to get out of here,” said another.

 

“Can't we call the mainland?” said Mitch.

 

“We could but the lines here are dead probably cut from the storm,” said Ray.

 

“Fuck!” the man said.

 

“Then we have no choice then! We have to take back the Visitor's Center,” Hammond said.

 

“And how the fuck are we going to do that? There is a whole pack of raptors there waiting for us!” said Mitch.

 

“Well for starters we need to see where the effected areas are. Then we have to figure out how to get the raptors out of the Visitor's Center.” Ray said.

 

“We can use the tunnels,” said Robert.

 

“But what about those Troodons?” asked Hammond.

 

“We have Nico with us. He can detect the Troodons before they appear. And we can use the night vision goggles to see them better.” Gerry replied.

 

“Alright I'm in, we can see about the Troodons as well. In fact didn't I say they had to be euthanize?” Hammond said looking at Gerry.

 

“Hey don't look at me I didn't know they existed!” Gerry said.

 

“You told Sorkin to euthanize them, but you forgot that she used to be a hippie and an animal rights protester,” Henry replied.

 

“Fucken bitch probably hid them at the field labs,” Robert replied.

 

“When was the last time you were at the field labs?” Hammond asked.

 

About six months ago I had enough problems with some of the more entertaining animals. Not to mention the whole stealing dinosaurs gig.” Robert replied.

 

“Guys!” this time they all looked at Ellie as she petted Nico.

 

“We can take the tunnels and do as Robert said about the night vision. But remember they are limited to range. Nico can detect the Troodons while we are down there. All we have to do is get into the Control Room right?” Ellie asked.

 

They all nodded.

 

“Good now Ray since you are the expert on computers here how long till we get the system up and running?” Ellie asked.

 

“I don't know depends on how fast I can decipher the code and see how much damage Nedry did,” Ray replied.

 

“Alright Nico will be our guide and we all go armed. This is just like back in Montana,” Ellie said.

 

They packed up their things and started to make their way into the tunnels. Nico was in the lead sniffing out any form of animal present. They removed the sealant from the back door and made their way slowly in the dark. Gerry managed to find the light switch and the tunnels were lit. what they found was eerie but safe for travel.

 

“The Troodons must like the dark. These lights must spook them off since it is high intensity.” Ray said.

 

 

Nico gave a whine and Ellie put her hand on Nico's side, “It's ok boy, its ok,” she said.

 

They continued to work their way through the tunnels. The sounds of clicking alerted them to the presence of the Troodons. The so called Troodon's could be heard running through the ventilation shafts making their way towards them. Nico growled at their approach while the two babies huddled deeper into Henry's pockets. The baby Troodon poking his head out and then hiding it again.

 

“We need to move now!” Robert said and the group began to move faster. The sounds of clicking claws could be heard on the ground as many clawed feet started to go after them. One Troodon leaped from a shaft and bit down on one of the workers that was following them. Pulling them up they could hear his screams fill the hallways. Mitch was the next one to go as another one leaped onto him from behind.

 

Gerry managed to shoot that one before it could bite into Mitch.

 

A third made a grab at Ellie but Nico was there to stop it. A fourth leaped onto Nico to get at the raptor but Robert's well timed shot got it first.

 

“MOVE!” Robert yelled as they continued to run through the tunnels. The sounds of many clicking claws was still heard by the time they hit the door at the other end.

 

“Open the door!” Mitch shouted.

 

Ray ran towards the door with both Henry and Hammond with guns out. He immediately swiped his card and started typing the code to open the door.

 

They looked just in time to see the many claws clicking on pavement as Nico screamed a challenge. Just then blinding light started to pour in from outside. The Troodons screamed in pain as sunlight came in from the outside. Retreating the group managed to breathe a sigh of relief. The sounds of the jungle poured through their ears and the Vistor's Center loomed not far away.

 

“Well that went well,” said Ray.

 

“Well now what?” asked a panting Gerry.

 

“Now we take back Jurassic Park,” said Mr. Hammond.

 

 

To Be Continued...

Chapter 15: Realm of the Giant Croc

Summary:

Isla Nublar has gotten very interesting....keep reading.

Notes:

Ok now that i have some extra time on my hands i fixed some of the spelling errors on the original before posting here. The original chapter that is on ff.net has the spelling errors still. So i did some cleanup work here so here you go.

Chapter Text

 

The sounds of the jungle were even louder on the valley floor. It was here near the river that a predator stirs from its slumber. Lidless eyes were wide open as a forked tongue flicked the ground. Belly to the ground it slithered across the forest floor silent as the shadow. The loud calls of the many birds in the canopy does not deter it from seeking out its prey.

 

It was here that the predator stalks picking up the scent of new prey with each flick of its long forked tongue. Slowly the giant moved through the forest watching its prey yet keeping its distance at the same time.

 

It has time for soon the night will be upon them and then....

 

 

Dinner is served.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

The valley was even more humid then up in the hills. The steam rising from the swamp below gave the forest floor was very eerie yet very sticky feel to it. The air was very sticky and humid not a breeze to be felt. The kids felt like their body was going to melt with the amount of sweat that poured from them.

 

Frankie whined from his makeshift cage as they walked. The sounds of the various animals everywhere was so loud that Alan could barely here the Archeopteryx. At least in the hills there was more open air and they could breath. Here the air was so thick that one can slice through it with a knife.

 

“Is he going to be alright?” asked Lex looking at Frankie who was being held on a pole by one of the Mercenaries.

 

“Yeah he should be fine. Jessie did a good job with mending his wing,” Alan replied.

 

“I hope so, he seems scared,” Lex replied.

 

“He is in a cage Lex of course he would be scared,” Tim said his voice carried much pain to it.

 

“You alright Tim?” Alan asked.

 

“No, my feet hurt, and I think I have a blister,” he whined.

 

Alan grew concerned, “How are you girls holding up?” he asked.

 

“I am tired,” Lex complained.

 

“I need to change my tampon,” replied Jessie.

 

“TMI,” Tim replied also.

 

“Ok, Ian how are you doing?” Alan asked.

 

“Could have been better, sometimes I wish I was something other then a Chaotician,” Ian replied.

 

“Like what?” asked Tim.

 

“A doctor for one,” Ian replied.

 

Alan looked down at his leg and noticed that it had started to swell. Ian's brows are dipped in sweat and the man is in a lot of pain. The gunshot wound though bound was starting to look green.

 

“Um...Nima? Ian is not looking good,” Alan said hesitantly.

 

Nima turned to look at Ian and cursed. She quickly walked off before she came back with some plants for Ian's wound. So far the berries she rubbed into the wound had helped to keep it clean. But the constant walking through the thick mud had really gotten into the wound. It was looking rather infected by the time Nima cleared away the bandage.

 

Dios bueno!” she cursed.

 

“Nima what is the hold up?” asked Miles as he stopped.

 

“We need to stop! This man's wounds need to be treated!” Nima replied.

 

“We will stop when I say we will stop Nima,” Miles replied.

 

“Miles you asshole, if I don't treat his wounds now something is going to find us and kill us all!” Nima replied.

 

“Then let them kill him first! He is after all injured so why the fuck do I care. I want to get paid and because of that fat blob Nedry I don't get shit!” Miles yelled.

 

Well Amigo shit will hit the fan with this man here,” said Nima.

 

“Fine we will leave him here to die then,” Miles replied.

 

“And then what? Whatever predator eats him will come after us next so no matter what you do it will still hunt us down,” Nima replied.

 

“Fine! We will make camp here,” Miles replied.

 

 

VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

 

 

The sounds of the jungle were making alot of noise. The group made their way slowly across the open area that would lead to the Visitor's Center. Nico remained on guard with Ellie beside him. Next to her Henry was busy keeping the little ones calm. The troodon was ever calm, but the raptor proved to be a handful.

 

Nico finally turned and barked making the little one quiet and hid in Henry's pocket. Poking its head out it studied the Troodon and the adult raptor before snuggling up to Henry again.

 

Robert and Gerry led the team with guns out. Ray and Mitch had the rear. They formed a protective circle around the group while they headed into the Visitor's Center. So far the raptors were no where to be seen. Looking around they wanted to see if they can spot anything out of the ordinary. So far Nico was calm but alert when they entered.

 

“Oh food Thank God!” someone shouted and that someone was Mitch.

 

He was the first one to the table of food left out for everyone to eat. And so far the food thankfully was still fresh.

 

 

As everyone helped themselves to something to eat finally Ellie stayed with Nico to keep watch. Robert had given him some meat to feed him and the raptor was grateful. The little ones in Henry's pocket proved to be the most hungry out of all of them. Their voracious appetites proved to be a big challenge to deal with.

 

“My you little ones are hungry,” Henry said as he fed the Troodon. The baby was just glad for some food as it ate with hunger. The raptor felt the same way as it too ate with a new found hunger. When both babies were full Henry thankfully kept them in his coat pocket for now till they were too big. Their stomachs bulging full.

 

“Well looks like someone was hungry,” said Mitch as he finished his meal.

 

It was then that Nico's head went up and he gave a warning hiss. Ellie had her gun up as well as Robert and Gerry. Hammond also raised his rifle while Ray loaded his weapon.

 

The sound of clicking claws alerted everyone that someone was here. Nico's growl and the hatchlings silence was the only thing that kept them alive.

 

Well almost.

 

Mitch's scream was heard as the smaller man was pulled suddenly under the table. This caused everyone to scramble away as two raptors appeared. Their screams filled the room as they surrounded the group. Robert counted three of them so far.

 

Where is the fourth?

 

As if on cue the fourth one appeared its snout covered in blood as it feasted on Mitch's corpse.

 

“I hope you choke on that you bitch,” Ellie said as she took aim.

 

The screech was all that she heard as it charged. This one was clearly bigger then the rest and Ellie was just about to open fire when.

 

Nico was the first to hit the raptor hard. The two raptors started to fight with the bigger raptor trying to dominate Nico. The other raptor raised its claw out to him. A shot was heard as Ellie lowered her smoking gun.

 

A scream of pain was heard as the much larger raptor screeched in pain.

 

“Get away from him you BITCH!” Ellie said as she opened fire on the larger raptor. This raptor then reared its head and challenged Ellie. Robert and Gerry took this time to shoot at the other raptors. Hammond and Ray tried to get the others out. But the raptors were making short work out of those who were too slow.

 

“COME ON!” Ray shouted as he shot at one that was chasing after Henry. He had missed being as he was a lousy shot but he did however hit it in the eye. This caused the eye to burst and dark blood began to flow from it.

 

Screeching in pain the raptor made a run for it trying to roll off the pain. It only met its doom in Nico's jaws as the male raptor took the opportunity to seize the raptor from the blind size and make short work of it.

 

The other raptors took this time to make a hasty retreat after seeing two of their own dead. The Big One which was the one that Ellie challenged earlier also retreated seeing as the rest of the pack was no longer backing it up.

 

“Oh Mitch,” Gerry said as he walked over to see to his friend.

 

Having hardened his stomach he saw what was left of his friend. Mitch was one of the Vets at the Veterinarian center. He was in charge of minor injuries while Gerry being the Chief vet was in charge of entire department. Walking over to his friend he put his hand on this bloodied face and closed his eyes.

 

“Rest in peace my friend,” Gerry said as he stood up.

 

“What do we do now?” he asked.

 

“We have to make sure the Raptors stay out and then try to get this facility back online,” Ray replied.

 

“Even if we did, how do we deal with all the dinosaurs running around the park?” Robert replied.

 

“We don't, we just need to get them back online and then call for help. At least that way we can get off this God Fucken Island,” Ray replied.

 

“What about Alan and the others?” Ellie said.

 

“We don't know if they survived Dr. Sattler for all we know they could be dead,” Ray replied.

 

“You don't know that!” Ellie shot back.

 

“Alright first thing's first we need to get this park back online then we can look for survivors understand,” Robert said.

 

The others nodded, “Good, Dr. Sattler you, Gerry and I will check the building and search for any dinosaurs. Hammond, You, Ray and Henry will try to see about getting this place online. Since we are the only ones left we need to see if we can locate Dr. Grant and the others hopefully they had survived the storm.” Robert replied.

 

“I hope you are right Robert,” Hammond said.

 

“We have to hope Mr. Hammond my daughter is out there too you know,” Gerry replied.

 

“My Grandkids are also out there so of course I want to search for them,” Hammond said.

 

“Alright its settled lets go look for them,” Ray said.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

It took a while to set up a base camp, but the group managed. Miles complained the whole time about the bugs and the heat. But luckily for them it was a wise choice. Ian started to look a little pale. Nima tried her best but she could only do so much.

 

“He is not looking so good,” Jessie said as she looked at her wayward uncle.

 

“It does not,” Nima replied as she cleaned out his bandages again. She had let it air out leaving the flies to gather and lay their eggs.

 

“Let the maggots eat the bacteria when it is ok I will pluck them out,” Nima replied.

 

Ian was not very happy about having bugs crawl into his flesh, but he did not complain. Alan was too busy looking at his animals to complain. Tim sat down beside him the boy looking worse for wear.

 

“Dr. Grant?” he asked.

 

“Yeah?” Alan replied.

 

“Did you come here to get your dinosaurs back?” Tim asked.

 

“Yes, Timmy I did, they are like my kids I could not leave them,” Alan replied.

 

“Hey shut the fuck up back there!” yelled one of the mercenaries.

 

“Sorry but the kid is scared,” Alan replied.

 

“I don't give a rats ass shut the fuck up!” the man said and pulled out his gun.

 

“Dr. Grant?” Tim said.

 

“What did I say kid!” the man then got up with his gun ready as he marched over to hit the boy.

 

Only to be blocked my Nima.

 

“For fucks sake he is just a kid not a dog!” Nima said.

 

“She's right you know,” Miles replied.

 

“Fine,” the Mercenary said as he marched back to sit down. One of his friends tried to build a fire much to Nima's protests, but Miles out ruled her and a fire was built.

 

Smoking out its fiery dance the group gathered around the fire.

 

Well the mercenaries did while the rest of the group huddled in the outskirts.

 

“Why are we here?” asked Jessie.

 

“Because the fire will attract unwanted attention and hopefully it will,” Nima replied.

 

“So what do we do after we are free?” asked Alan.

 

“We need to go to the East Docks. That is where they are keep the rest of your dinosaurs. If we can free them before the ship leaves then you have a chance on getting your animals back.” Nima replied.

 

“Nima, Miles said that they don't have the raptor does this mean that they have yet to catch Nico?” Alan asked.

 

“We lost contact with our men for sometime. So I believe they are dead,” Nima replied.

 

Nima was helping with Ian's injury by stemming the blood flow with a burning stick. Ian had his mouth gagged for this purpose and screamed when she cauterized the wound. When she was done Ian was gasping for air from the pain. She quickly put a cool press to it to cool it down. Ian was shocked to see that the pain ebbed but it still hurt.

 

As he whimpered Nima gently wrapped the wound up again in fresh bandages.

 

“Thanks,” he said his voice hoarse when she removed the gag.

 

“No problem but I will have to wait till it is night before leaving,” she said to him.

 

Nodding she went back to the mercenaries and began to chat with them mostly in Spanish. As they were talking Alan could not help but look at his dinosaurs in pain. Spitz was still looking at him with a pleading look and Frankie was clearly in pain.

 

When he looked at Ian at least the fever had gone down a bit. The maggots in his flesh helped to kill off the infected flesh while the burnt part kept him from bleeding to death. The skies began to drip as a passing rainstorm hit them. As the water dripped down some of the men began to curse as they had to make shelter for their fire.

 

The others however were left out in the rain. The children had to huddle together for warmth as the tropical rain came down. Unfortunately for them it began to pour and with it came the danger.

 

Alan was the first to notice it the silence. Well the rain was part of it but the silence was worse.

 

“Um....” he then looked at his dinosaurs and noticed that even when tied Spitz was nervous. He could sense it too as well as Frankie as he huddled closer his damaged wing was limping.

 

“Dr. Grant?” Tim said as if sensing his nervousness.

 

“Shhh, you hear that?” Alan asked.

 

“No, I don't hear anything,” Tim replied.

 

“Exactly,” Alan said.

 

Nima rushed towards them and began to cut Spitz's binds. She then gotten to Frankie and carried him towards Alan.

 

“Get ready to run,” she said.

 

“Why?” Ian asked.

 

“We are not alone,” Alan said.

 

Si, it has been tracking us for sometime. I noticed it in the jungle,” Nima said as she led Spitz to Alan.

 

The dilophosaur was indeed nervous as they all came together. Through the trees in the fading light they could see something rather large come out from the trees. It was huge and massive by the looks of it.

 

Suddenly a scream was heard as a giant snake bit down on one of the men. The others screamed as this creature crushed the man alive and consumed him. The others reached for their guns but not before Nima pulled everyone up.

 

“GO NOW!” she said.

 

Just as she said it the snake attacked the men leaving Miles as one of those who ran in the other direction. Spitz ran beside Alan who was supporting Ian on one side. Nima was on the other side. The children were ahead as they ran deep into the jungle.

 

They kept running till they heard the sounds of water and the river came into view. As they got there the water was overflowing in torrents. They were trapped between the raging river and the creature behind them.

 

“Should we make for the trees?” asked Lex.

 

“No, snakes can climb trees,” replied Alan.

 

“Where shall we go then?” asked Tim.

 

“We need to get someplace where the Snake can't get to us,” said Ian.

 

“We need to mask our scent it tracked us down that way,” Nima replied.

 

“How?” asked Alan.

 

“Stick to the river but don't go in we need to make our way upstream to higher ground,” Nima replied.

 

“Of course reptiles are cold blooded and this water came from the mountains!” Jessie replied.

 

“Smart girl,” Nima answered.

 

 

The screaming and gunshots continued but they were well off into the distance. Nima and the others breathed a sigh of relief.

 

However that sigh was short lived.

 

Clicking sounds could be heard as glowing eyes began to appear.

 

“What?” said Lex.

 

“RUN!” Alan shouted and they ran followed by whatever those things are.

 

Both Nima and Alan had to support Ian who could not make it very far. Spitz knew those creatures and began to run faster to keep up with the children.

 

Lex tripped on a root and fell pulling Tim with her. Both Murphy kids scrambled to get up just as the first of those dinosaurs attacked.

 

They did not get very far when they were trapped by more of them. Spitz tried to get in front to defend them his frill out to its fullest. The clicking sounds were intense as they surrounded the group. They were near the river's edge as they were surrounded by them.

 

Just as they thought that life was bleak something smashed into the first of the dinosaurs.

 

It came from the jungle having tracked them down and the smaller dinosaurs went to fight back. The group took this time to run into the bushes and deeper into the jungle.

 

They kept on running as the rain came down in torrents. Thankfully there is no hurricane force winds to follow which to them was a relief. However that also means that traveling through the valley was impossible due to the amount of mud that was clinging to their clothes.

 

Looking for trees to climb they were unable to find any but that does not mean that they were going to give up. As they neared another sheer wall of rock it was Ian that spotted the shed.

 

“THERE! OVER THERE!” He shouted to them.

 

They ran towards the shed with Frankie protesting because of his wing. Tim held on to him as they reached the shed and quickly Nima opened the door for them to enter. Once they got into the shed Nima quickly closed the door.

 

Thankfully the door has a lock. So when they locked the door all they heard was a large BOOM! Then it repeated itself till there was nothing left but silence. All three children were huddled close together when the booming noise stopped. Spitz and Frankie did not stop their hissing till the silence lasted a long time. Thankfully the shed had a vent that allowed them to breathe.

 

All of them managed to feel a little relieved when the birds returned. Only when the birds returned did everyone breath a sigh of relief. There in the dark the group managed to rise from their hiding spot.

 

Alan managed to find a light switch for the shed which gave the room a dim glow.

 

“Night has fallen so it is not safe to go out,” Alan said.

 

“I agree we should shelter here then make our way to the East Docks,” Nima replied.

 

“How long till the ship set sail?” Alan asked.

 

“If they don't hear from us in fourty eight hours then the ship will leave without us. That was the orders that Miles has given them,” Nima replied.

 

“Fuck,” Alan replied.

 

“Dr. Grant?” Tim said.

 

“Yes Tim?” asked Alan.

 

“I am hungry,” was the reply.

 

Alan looked around the shed has food of all sorts in cans. It was not a maintenance shed at all.

 

 

“This is a shelter!” he said.

 

“A shelter?” Ian said from where he laid.

 

Alan looked at Ian the gunshot wound at least had gone clean through his leg but the bone was still protruding. Nima had helped somewhat in treating it but now it had become crooked again.

 

“Ian I have to treat your leg or else you can't walk again,” Alan replied.

 

“Alright do it,” Ian said.

 

“I will see if there are any bandages to be taken advantage of,” Jessie replied as she gotten up to find them. Lex got up to help her as well while Tim went to get some food and water.

 

The dinosaurs remained where they were watching the door in case anyone tried to get in. Spitz was vigilant in protecting the door while Frankie sat on his head. Alan had made sure that his splint had not come off.

 

“Alright Ian I will have to force your leg back into place so this will hurt like a bitch,” Alan warned.

 

“Ok, Grant give me your best shot,” Ian protested.

 

“Nima can you please?” he asked the woman.

 

Nima held him down while Alan yanked the leg back into place. Ian screamed at the top of his lungs since there was no gag this time to keep him quiet. The children huddled closer to the dinosaurs when it happened. When it was finally over Ian was panting with sweat coming down his brow.

 

“This should help with the pain,” said Jessie and handed Alan a bottle.

 

It was a bottle of morphine.

 

Taking a syringe from the first aid kit that Jessie handed to him. Alan with Nima's help managed to properly dress the wound and provide a splint for his leg. At least the morphine was starting to kick in while Ian succumbs to slumber.

 

When Tim came back with food it was of course in packages. It was a good thing that Nima found a portable burner to cook it in.

 

Finally after about a day the group could finally eat. The kids ate the most because they were starving while the adults ate only their fill. The dinosaurs got a portion of the food provided since Spitz had already eaten. Frankie was thankfully eating a large spider that had made its home in the shelter.

 

They remained in the shelter for sometime catching up with some sleep before heading out once more.

 

 

VISITOR'S CENTER

 

The Control Room was as it has been. Not many computers were on the ground, and thankfully Nedry's station remained as it was. Ray reached the station and started to see if he can boot the computer. Just as he booted it the code still came up.

 

“Shit!” he cursed as he tried to type in some commands.

 

“Can't we shut off the system?” asked Ellie.

 

“We could but then there is a problem,” Ray replied.

 

“What problem?” asked Hammond.

 

“We have to manually turn back on the power from the power station on the other side. That is through the jungle near where we took shelter. If we cut off the power we risk having to go back and face those things again. They have access to the power station themselves so it is too much of a risk to cut off the power,” Ray replied as he tried to look for a cigarette.

 

“Ray is right it is too much of a risk and besides we have to see about securing this area first before venturing out.” Robert replied.

 

“Ok then how are we going to get this place back online without Dennis Nedry?” Ellie said.

 

“We, need a hacker someone who is skilled enough to hack into the systems and bring the park back online,” Ray replied.

 

“Ok, do you know of any hackers?” asked Henry as he was cleaning the two babies.

 

“No, I don't know anything about any computers,” Hammond replied.

 

“Shit!” Ray said as he once again gotten Nedry's picture.

 

“We, might have no choice but to shut it down,” Hammond replied.

 

“We, can't take the risk! To do so would kill us all. Those locks on that door are the only things protecting us from the raptors. They are too large to fit into the vents!” Robert said to them.

 

They could only stare at the computer screen hoping to see the damage done to the park. So far the video feeds were still on and the cameras that still remained managed to see the extent of the downed fences.

 

Right on camera they could see the dinosaurs running amok in the jungles.

 

But it was the image afterwards that caught their attention.

 

There heading right into the shed was a group of very familiar people.

 

“Alan!” Ellie said happy to see him enter.

 

“That's...That's Jessie! He has Jessie!” Gerry said excitedly.

 

“He must have somehow gotten your daughter away from Nedry.” Robert said.

 

“Look he has your grandkids and Malcolm with him!” said Ellie.

 

“Who is that woman with them?” Henry asked them.

 

They spotted the woman and Hammond knew instantly who she was, “That is Nima Cruz! She was supposed to investigate the dinosaur smuggling. Something must have gone wrong! Ray which shed have they entered?” Hammond said.

 

“They have entered the east valley shed so as long as they remain there they should be fine,” said Ray.

 

“But isn't that area flooded?” asked Gerry.

 

“Yeah....oh shit!” Henry said.

 

“What?” asked Hammond.

 

“Remember that giant croc that Sorkin hatched a few years ago?” Henry asked.

 

“Yeah, I remember Sarcosucus right?” Ray replied.

 

It's sarcosuchus and yes I am asking about it. Didn't Sorkin put it in the valley said it was the perfect habitat along with that snake?” said Gerry.

 

“What are you getting at Gerry?” asked Hammond.

 

“Oh God they are right in the middle of its territory,” said Ellie.

 

Sure enough from the video feeds location they are right in the middle of the Crocodile valley.

 

“Can we call them?” asked Robert.

 

“No, the phones are dead. Nedry must have cut off the main power supply,” said Ray as he held up the phone.

 

“Damn it!” Hammond cursed.

 

“Well we now know where they are and we can see when they leave,” Ray replied.

 

MEANWHILE

 

The sounds quickly changed to one that is bright and full of life. The first rays of the sun began to filter through the small slits in the walls that mark for windows. Slowly Alan woke to the rise of the sun. Frankie was right beside him eating away at the bugs that had made this place home. Checking the splint Alan found that there was some healing going on. Frankie was no longer in pain but that does not stop him from climbing onto Lex's shoulder.

 

“Is it morning?” asked Tim as he too woke up.

 

“Yes, we should get going so have breakfast and hurry up with getting anything taken cared of especially you Jessie,” Alan replied.

 

The kids hurried to get dressed, (and take care of other issues) before finally heading out. Alan and Nima were smart enough to pack some extra water and rations just in case. Spitz and Frankie were by Alan's side. He had Spitz hunt for his food so that way he can eat. When the dilophosaur returned they headed on out towards the east docks.

 

“Alright Nima which way is to the East Docks?” Alan asked.

 

“We have to travel over the mountains. It took us four hours to get here by foot and it would be a lot faster if we had some sort of vehicle. But Miles had not thought to bring any because of the damage to the roads.” Nima replied.

 

“We need to get Ian to a doctor,” said Jessie.

 

“I am fine kid the morphine helps a bit but Jessie is right I need a doctor,” said Ian.

 

“I know, but we can't go back that way the giant croc is there,” said Nima as she pulled a map of Isla Nublar and Jurassic Park.

 

“Ok, so where are we?” asked Jessie.

 

“Right here in the southeastern part of the valley. We need to get to the east docks which is north east of here. But to do that we need to get back on the road.” Nima said.

 

“That is easier said then done,” said Ian.

 

“Why is that?” asked Nima.

 

“There are dinosaurs constantly patrolling the roads which makes it easy access for predators to get to prey. Even if its the easiest way to get there we need to have some sort of vehicle to at least travel along that road.” Alan replied.

 

“You are right Dr. Grant but the only other way is through the field labs here,” Nima replied.

 

“We were heading there anyways which was the safest route back to the Visitor's Center,” Alan replied.

 

“Alright we need to at least get some provisions water, food, and toiletries for our friend there,” Nima said to Jessie.

 

“I've already gotten that packed as well as some fresh bandages. Too bad we can't take the tunnels,” Jessie replied.

 

“I've heard they are dangerous now. Some sort of nocturnal dinosaur is lurking there,” Nima said.

 

“Yeah I know I encountered them after Spitz saved me from Nedry,” Jessie replied.

 

“So how the hell are we going to get there in time?” asked Ian.

 

“Like I said we need to get to the field labs they are the only place we can get a vehicle to the docks.” Nima replied.

 

“Ok but from the location of the field labs we have to travel north along the valley to get there in time,” Alan said.

 

“Yes and the only way there is through the river. We need to follow it as far north as we can till we reach the estuary. From there we can head east using a boat to the field labs,” Nima replied.

 

“What is this water animal sanctuary?” Ian asked.

 

“From what I understand they were breeding marine reptiles there. But knowing INGEN it is some sort of prehistoric reptile.” Nima replied.

 

“Ok it's settled we need to get to here, the only question remains how do we deal with the giant snake?” Alan asked.

 

“The snake we can avoid as long as we stick to dry land. Once we reach the river however its the croc we have to deal with,” Nima replied.

 

“Dr. Grant you are the dinosaur expert what sort of crocodile are we dealing with?” Ian asked.

 

“From the files that InGen has given me it appears to be sarcosuchus, the mega croc.” Alan replied.

 

“Ah shit!” Ian said.

 

“Yeah so while there is light outside we need to get moving so if anyone has to go to the bathroom now is the time to do it,” Alan said.

 

It took them a while to get everything ready mainly because of Jessie's time of the month. But they were on their way through the jungle once more. The good thing about the bunker they stayed is that it had a pathway that led to the river. Spitz scouted ahead of the group to make sure that everything was safe. Frankie remained on Lex's shoulder while the nervous girl glanced around her.

 

Tim was near the back with Ian and Alan while Nima trudged ahead having been born on this island. She led them through the jungle with expert ease. Rain lightly fell down around them but nothing too concerning for them. The heat was a given because of where they are at.

 

As they got up near a hill which overlooked the river they could hear the distant cries of several species of herbivores.

 

“Beautiful isn't it,” said Lex to Jessie.

 

“Yeah, you should have seen this spot near the Triceratops Paddock it has gotten an awesome view of the whole park,” Jessie replied.

 

“Yes and I can see our croc from here,” said Alan.

 

Sure enough they had a good view of the giant crocodile as it lunged at a group of hadrosaurs. It bit one in the head and dragged it under causing the rest of the herd to scramble. The waters of the river turned red for just a moment then nothing.

 

“The crocodile would be busy for a while so we need to move,” Nima said.

 

The others nodded as they moved off into the jungle. Spitz once again taking lead to make sure that the pathway was safe. As they traveled down the path Spitz's gait became nervous.

 

“Dr. Grant?” asked Tim eyeing Spitz.

 

“I know we are being followed,” Alan replied.

 

“Is it the snake?” asked Lex.

 

“I don't know but we need to move,” Alan replied as they made their way towards the river.

 

When they got there they remained well away from the water even though the crocodile is feasting on prey. They did not want to risk the giant wanting to go for fresh prey instead. So keeping to dry land the group avoided the crocodile and headed further up river towards the mountain ridge.

 

It was also there that they encountered Miles.

 

Miles looked worse for wear as he was bleeding in several spots. His clothes was tattered and his eyes looked panicked. But it was the bite wound on his arm that confirmed Nima's suspicions.

 

They moved away from him as the man was delusional hoping against hope that he would be eaten by the snake.

 

Sure enough his screams were confirmation as to his fate.

 

It was well into the midday as the sun was at its peak that Nima decided that they should rest.

 

“We have been hiking for about several hours. The children need to rest,” she said and she held up a bottle of water.

 

Taking it as a sign the group settled down for a much needed break. She handed the bottle to Ian who looked like he could use it. Having discarded his jacket for his equally black undershirt which is now torn Ian was starting to show signs of wear and tear. His leg wound was fairing no better as strain caused it to start bleeding again.

 

Jessie thankfully aided her future brother in law by bandaging the wound yet again. Though they all fear that the blood was the reason the giant snake was tracking them.

 

“We need to get to higher ground,” said Alan as they started walking again.

 

“I agree and the further towards the estuary we go the more then likely we are going to end up on higher ground,” Nima replied.

 

They felt the ground become more saturated the further north they went. They knew that they are nearing the estuary but it was still some distance away. However the ground started to rise meaning they are nearing the mountains and the field labs.

 

But they are not alone.

 

Suddenly Spitz gave a warning and that was all the time they needed when a very large predator came crashing through. This one was clearly different from the snake that they thought was following them.

 

They all were about to run when a very familiar rumble was heard.

 

It was Junior the T-Rex.

 

Spitz shot out from the ground and hissed at the larger dinosaur. However the juvenile dinosaur merely gave a croon before lowering its snout towards the smaller dinosaur. Spitz hissed, but the T-Rex only rumbled pathetically causing the much smaller dinosaur to cock its head in confusion.

 

“Don't hurt her Spitz she is only still a baby,” said Jessie as she walked up to the T-Rex.

 

“It's ok Junior we are not going to hurt you,” said Jessie as she held her hand up and stroked under her jaw. Junior then crooned as she leaned in for more. When she started to push Jessie grew worried.

 

Suddenly a whistle was heard and Alan stepped up. When the rex looked at him he stroked her down. When she started pushing however he gave a hiss. That caused her to stop.

 

“When she starts to push start hissing but add a bit of a rumble to it. That tells her it is not ok to do that,” Alan told Jessie.

 

When she went to do it again Jessie this time hissed and she backed off.

 

“Ok, what is she doing here?” asked Jessie.

 

“She must have followed our scent from when we rescued her.” said Alan.

 

Junior gave a croon as she nudged Jessie again and Jessie hissed back to let her know it was not ok. She did it again this time a bit more gently after realizing that she was hurting Jessie. Jessie then got struck with inspiration reached up and began to stroke her like she would do a horse. Junior closed her eyes and leaned in for more.

 

“What are we going to do now Dr. Grant?” Lex asked a bit afraid of the dinosaur.

 

“Well now we have to figure out how to get to the field labs.” Alan said.

 

“I wish we could ride her she might be able to get there faster,” Tim said.

 

“I wish she was Rosco. He was trained to let people ride him,” Alan replied.

 

“Can you show her how to let people on her?” asked Tim.

 

“Maybe later because it would take time to train her,” Alan said.

 

In the mean time Junior stayed with them when they walked through the jungle. Her higher position helped in spotting trouble and her sense of smell could detect danger. When she started to get nervous the group veered away from danger knowing the giant snake or the croc are not far behind.

 

So far down the river towards the northern estuary proved to be helpful. The land became more marshy meaning that the valley would soon come to an end.

 

But that also means that if the croc wants to it can hunt them better here. Even the snake would find better hunting here for the ground was moist enough for it to slide more effectively across the ground. So the group had to be extra vigilant.

 

But so far nothing.

 

It was nearing sunset when they finally found the road. It was a sight for sore eyes as the road that leads towards the field labs was near. Junior looked around expecting danger.

 

But that proved to be meaningless as the sun blared from across the island.

 

“We shall make camp near the trees. That way if anyone tried to come for us we can find shelter there,” Nima said.

 

For sometime the trees had ended when they first entered the roadway. So far there was nothing and the group settled down for the night. Nima being the skilled hunter had caught some game for them to eat. Alan had prepared the meat while she went to tend to Ian's wounds again. Junior sensing Ian's injuries leaned in and took a sniff before settling down behind the dark man.

 

Looking nervous Ian was not surprised to find the giant behind him. Jessie in the meantime was giggling along with Lex.

 

“What is so funny?” Ian asked.

 

“She likes you Ian,” Jessie replied.

 

Ian only snorted as he leaned against the giant reptile and perhaps it was exhaustion but he fell to sleep right away. The others mostly the children fell asleep right afterward. Alan was left awake with Nima while Spitz had his head in Alan's lap.

 

“So Nima you said you work for the Costa Riccan Government?” Alan said.

 

Si, I work for the Costa Riccan Intelligence. Sort of like your C.I.A.” Nima replied.

 

“I see, so what are you doing mixed up with those clowns?” Alan asked.

 

“I was investigating the recent dinosaur smuggling rings. Apparently the government had made a deal with In-Gen when it became known that they had dinosaurs. They wanted a share in the profits that Jurassic Park would make for them. Unfortunately many greedy people wanted dinosaurs for themselves. It is sort of a status thing. So they started stealing the dinosaurs for themselves long before the park could open. Since the dinosaurs they mostly take are the predators. My government wanted me to investigate the smuggling. So far it has not proven fruitful till now senior,” Nima replied.

 

“Fruitful? You mean you could not get any information till now?” Alan asked.

 

Si, I was not able to get the information because they had been tight lipped about it. It was not till I became part of this band of mercenaries that I was able to get a breakthrough.” Nima replied.

 

“How did you finally get that breakthrough?” Alan asked.

 

“I told the truth that I was once a resident here before they kicked my people out. By dangling that in the air one of my contacts has informed me that someone was looking for a smuggler who can get them on the island and off without In-Gen's notice. Ever since the latest shipment they had beefed up security making it harder to take the dinosaurs off the island. So when I was hired it was right when your dinosaurs were stolen.” Nima said.

 

“So you jumped the wagon hoping to catch them in the act?” Alan said.

 

“Oh yes and my efforts have been fruitful,” Nima replied

 

“How so?” Alan asked.

 

“With this,” with that Nima brought out the barbasol can and released the bottom. Handing it to Alan he noticed that it was very cold.

 

“What is this?” he asked

 

“Jurassic Park's dinosaur embryos. I took it off of Nedry's body before Miles could see it. I replaced it with a damaged can to ensure that they would be safe. I just replaced the canister so they are safe for now,” Nima replied.

 

Alan held up the embryos for a little while until he gave them back to Nima who put them back in the can. When she did so he sat there looking into the flames and staring down at Spitz who was sleeping soundly.

 

“Jurassic Park and In-Gen has brought back something that should have stayed in the dirt. Not that I am not grateful but the way they treated these animals I would be surprised if they tried to kill them off again,” Alan replied.

 

“I know senior that is why as much as possible I have to stop them. The company that is trying to steal from In-Gen is called Biosyn they are well known for stealing research from other companies for their own.” Nima replied.

 

“Biosyn?” Alan asked.

 

Si, it is the main competitor for In-Gen and have been known to steal research as I have recently mentioned. So far in my investigation many of the thefts have Biosyn as a main conspirator. When I was asked into researching the theft of your dinosaurs I realized that you had gotten involved. So naturally I did my homework and found out that the same mercenary group that I am part of here was the ones who had stolen your animals. Miles loves to brag about that kind of shit and luckily for me I am able to get what I needed,” Nima said smirking.

 

“So they are the ones responsible for taking my animals?” Alan asked.

 

Si, Your dinosaurs are valuable Dr. Grant they are trained which makes them more valuable to the buyer. You did something no one else not even In-Gen has done and that is what makes them more special. So my government was asked to find them for you and return them. They are a national treasure to the American Government,” Nima replied.

 

“That's the thing I don't know if they can go back. Not after what had happened,” Alan said.

 

“Hey no worries Dr. Grant the Costa Riccan Government wants to remain friends with you Americans so no harm done. If you want to remain here Amigo then that is fine we can work something out.” Nima replied.

 

Just then Spitz's eyes shot open and his head lifted up. At the same time Junior gave a deep growl as she too raised her head. Frankie was also quiet which caused the children to wake up. Ian was also awake when they heard the rustling in the bushes. Everyone remained still as they gathered around the fire. Nima quickly reached in and grabbed a few makeshift torches and passed them around.

 

Heavy footsteps could be felt as something rather large approached and everyone was on edge.

 

Suddenly a rather large eye was seen as well as the hissing sounds of a larger predator. Coming out of the deep swamps was an enormous crocodile. The sarcosuchus looked at them with contempt as it crawled nearer.

 

Junior was up along with the others ready to run, but the croc simply took one look and walked way. Its tail dragging on the ground as it did so. Its belly full as it hung low to the ground.

 

“Well that is just strange,” Jessie said.

 

“Um...does anyone else think that it was just eyeing us out for dinner?” asked Ian.

 

“I don't make a good snack I am too small,” Tim said.

 

“I think it was eyeing the dinosaurs more then us,” Alan replied.

 

The sounds of the dragging tail wore off as the croc moved away. That left the group in wonder before they decided to pack up and leave.

 

As they gotten up none of them noticed that the sarcosuchus slowly entered the water and swam off into the distance. The lord of the river was only surveying her domain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 16: The Hacker

Summary:

Lex does her thing....

Chapter Text

 

VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

Ray struggled for some sort of conformation, and after trying his best to restore power to Jurassic Park; it proved to be a failure.

 

Suddenly the power shut off in the control room, and the alarms began to blare.

 

“What did you do Ray?” demanded Hammond.

 

“I didn't do anything!” Ray said and managed to see what the problem was.

 

His already dark face paled when he saw it.

 

“Ray what is it?” asked Hammond.

 

“It's the power station. There is no one to monitor the steam pressure,” Ray said.

 

“Oh God! You mean to tell me that those idiots left without anyone to monitor the systems?” Hammond replied.

 

“What is going on?” asked Ellie.

 

“Hey spare no expense was your theme, but the board had placed cuts all over the place.” Ray replied.

 

“God damn it!” Hammond replied.

 

“So what are we going to do?” asked Gerry.

 

“We have no choice we have to see if we can get the phones back online and then call Dr. Sorkin. She is the only one close enough to the power plant to vent the steam,” Ray replied.

 

“How the hell are we going to get a hold of Sorkin? She has basically isolated herself from....” Henry was about to go into a rant when music started to play on the loudspeakers.

 

“What the fuck is that?” he said.

 

“Oh Jesus Christ not him....anything but him!” Robert complained.

 

“Who is him?” Ellie asked and was just about to say something when the most annoying music started to play. It was not even the classics it was just rot music that was playing. Driving the entire group crazy.

 

Ray not being able to take it anymore tried to shut it off. To his dismay it won't shut off.

 

 

BOOM! Everyone hit the ground and when a very satisfied Robert smirked with a smoking shot gun.

 

“Really Mr. Muldoon you could have done something better then to blow a hole in the speakers!” Hammond yelled.

 

“Sorry I was never one for the classics,” Robert replied.

 

The smoking remains of the overhead speakers only protested before dying.

 

“Ok why was it still playing when everything else has gone out?” Ray asked.

 

Just then the lights flickered back on again but only briefly.

 

“Emergency generators anyone?” Gerry said.

 

“Oh wait! That idiot of a DJ had placed a recording before he left. Stupid asshole, I forgot he did it damn it!” Ray protested.

 

“But that still does not solve our problem of getting to Sorkin.” Hammond replied.

 

“Well from what I saw on these camera's we don't have to,” said Gerry.

 

“What do you mean?” asked Hammond.

 

From the looks of the cameras Alan and the others left the shelter. But it was the map in his hands that caught their attention.

 

There where his finger was pointing was the field labs.

 

“They are heading to the field labs too!” Ellie said excitedly.

 

“Yes, if Dr. Grant and the others make it the field labs we can contact them there. But how to we get the phones to work?” Ray said.

 

“I don't know but I will have to try something,” with that he began to go through the computers hoping to find a way to get some information.

 

 

Ellie in the meantime was petting Nico as the raptor crooned under the touch.

 

“While you guys are doing that I will take Nico out to hunt. He has not eaten since we escaped from the tunnels and I hope to find some food.” Ellie said.

 

“I am going along with you just in case,” Gerry said.

 

“I better come along as well. I need to make a parameter check in case the raptors come back, or worse the troodon,” Robert replied.

 

“Alright while you guys are out there we will try to figure out a way to get in contact with Dr. Sorkin.” Hammond said.

 

With that done the trio walked out with Nico in the lead. The male raptor sniffed around to make sure that no one was followed as well as keep track of everything that moves.

 

“While they are gone I have to get back to my lab. The babies will need to be fed and so I need to make them something to eat,” Henry said.

 

With that he too stepped out, but not before getting a gun of his own.

 

OUTSIDE THE VISITOR'S CENTER

 

Ellie and the others arrived at the main lobby. Already the early morning light filtered in from the large hole on the side wall. They had spent the night in the control room. After what happened the day before they did not want to deal with another attack by the raptors. Nico was the first to notice the danger as his feathers suddenly went down in fear. After spending some time with the raptor the others knew the danger when they saw it.

 

There at the entrance to the Visitor's Center was one of the larger carnivores. This one stood rather tall and Ellie had to breathe in the sight of it.

 

“Carnotaurus!” Ellie said though her voice was nothing more then a whisper.

 

The dinosaur in question was not as large as a T-Rex, but it was still an impressive sized predator. The dinosaur in question walked in while the others made their way around the back. Quickly Robert radioed Ray who informed them that he had seen the creature enter the hole.

 

Making their way slowly around it. They managed to escape into the jungle as the dinosaur feasted on the human remains.

 

Running as fast as they could with Nico only jogging beside them. They managed to get a good distance from where they could managed to get the raptor to hunt.

 

“Alright boy go on now its feeding time,” Ellie said to Nico.

 

The raptor whined as he headbutted Ellie. Her eyes softened as she rubbed her hands on his head. “I wish I could go sweetie, but I have to keep the nest safe,” she said.

 

Still Nico would not let up. Sighing she grabbed her rifle and went with him with Robert and Gerry watching from behind. “Alright we will come with you, you big baby,” she said laughing softly to herself.

 

Robert being the expert hunter and Gerry being the park's vet were well versed in hunting down animals. Ellie who also used to hunt when she was younger knew when to keep quiet around animals.

 

The group made their way down towards the pens where they kept the cows. Luckily it was not destroyed for the cow fences were protected by thick steel walls and the electrified fences that kept them safe operated on a separate generator.

 

But today Nico was not hunting cows because they were not what he was hungry for. Instead they made their way towards the more open area of the feeding pens.

 

It was here that some of the herbivores were feeding. To their shock it was a group of Iguanadons.

 

“How the fuck did they get out?” Gerry asked Robert.

 

“The fences must have shut down for all the paddocks,” Robert whispered back.

 

Sure enough the iguanadons were busy feasting on the ferns and plants of the area. The group knew that Nico must eat and so they went to hunt with him. Now normally Nico would hunt with Spitz and Rosco, but they are gone. The only one of his pack still here was Ellie who to him was like his mother. Beside her was Robert and then Gerry both men he did not know that well. Robert he trusted after all the man saved his life. Gerry from his scent was a doctor like the Grady's matriarch. He seems nice so Nico would trust him with keeping things good.

 

But a hunt needed a pack and Nico missed the others. Rosco was the biggest so he was the one who made the main kill while Nico and Spitz would herd the prey towards him.

 

But this time it was Ellie he was hunting with. He knows how she hunts but he does not know how the others hunt.

 

Time to test them out.

 

Nico went into the bush to see if he can find the best place to ambush his prey. The Iguanadons were too big for him to kill with the humans help but the smaller animals he found would be better.

 

There he spotted several smaller animals; wild boar from the looks of it. The size of them made them at least the size of a large dog from back home. So that made killing them much easier.

 

Raising his tail and adding a ticking motion Nico signals to Ellie that he has spotted some prey.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

“What does he see?” Gerry whispered to Ellie.

 

Ellie raised her hand signaling him to be quiet. Looking around she then spotted the animal Nico was after.

 

“There just off to the side of the Iguanadon, a boar.” Ellie said to Robert.

 

The man nodded as he spotted the boar. He knew what to do. He saw Nico eyeing the boar and making contact with them. He pulled out his knife. Ellie, he saw did the same with hers.

 

The boar was just over two hundred pounds making it a rather large, and rather dangerous boar. The tusks on that boar were very long and protruding a lot. Nico knew how to handle a boar as he crept closer getting ready to strike.

 

It was then that the iguanadon raised its head and started to give a sound of warning. Nico, Ellie, Robert and Gerry stopped in their tracks as the wild pig raised its head in alarm. Ears whisking here and there and nose raised high to catch the scent. The boar suddenly started squealing in alarm as it started to run.

 

That was when they heard it.

 

The growling noise of something approaching.

 

Suddenly the iguanadons all ran with the pig trailing behind. Nico watched in fear as something large came storming from the bush.

 

It was the raptors.

 

The raptors had tracked the heard to this spot and started to give chase. Being far noiser then Nico or Ellie they chased their prey and watched as they slaughtered an Iguanadon and proceeded to eat it. Nico rejoined his human companions and watched as the raptors feasted on the large herbivore. When they were done they lay dozing in the sun.

 

Nico took this chance to scavenge some meat from the carcass and took a rather large amount to feed himself.

 

Luckily he was smart enough not to engorge himself to the point of immobility.

 

Moving away he slipped back into the bush where the humans were waiting. Walking away they stopped by the nearby moat to wash off the blood.

 

By then the carnotaurus was long gone. However the corpses of the many people who were eaten by raptors were not.

 

When they returned Hammond and the others still made no progress.

 

“How are things here?” Ellie asked.

 

“Still the same,” Ray replied.

 

“Fuck!” Robert proclaimed.

 

“Fuck is right and even if we did shut this all down we are as good as dead.” Ray said.

 

“What do you mean?” asked Ellie.

 

“He means like he said before we have to manually turn back on the power, but with the power plant as it is doing so would be far too dangerous.” Robert replied.

 

“Fuck we are screwed either way,” said Gerry.

 

 

NORTHERN ESTUARY ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

The trek through the estuary which stretched for miles was a sort of safe haven for all sorts of creatures. The salty sea water meets the fresh waters of the rivers that flowed through Isla Nublar. But this estuary flowed directly into the interior of the island providing the perfect place for all sorts of animals to come. Junior the T-Rex was trudging along quite well despite the passengers on her back.

 

“We can see all sorts of things up here,” said Tim as he rode in front of Ian.

 

Ian and Tim had ridden on the dinosaur who somehow wanted to give Ian a ride. As if sensing his discomfort and his pain the larger dinosaur wanted to help him for some reason. Perhaps seeing the discomfort of another predator who wanted to be comforted or she just wanted to play. Either way Alan was able to convince her to let Ian and Tim ride on her back. Tim being the smallest and Ian the most injured.

 

The girls and Alan walked below the dinosaur moving through the estuary with Nima guiding them. The Sarcosuchus had left them behind a while ago to return to its valley home leaving them to trudge through the marshlands alone.

 

“Now if we were not being pursued by dinosaurs or crazy men I would have loved to explore this place,” said Jessie.

 

“Well we are being pursued by dinosaurs and crazy men so there,” replied Lex.

 

“Hey thanks for letting me use your tampons,” Jessie replied.

 

“Hey no problem I was done with my period anyways so you could have them,” Lex shot back with a smile.

 

The road they followed had been washed out by the storm. Luckily for them the ground was still hard so that meant trekking through it was a lot easier then wondering through the jungle.

 

“In-Gen destroyed much of my homeland. When we were coming towards Nedry's body I saw an old goat trail that was destroyed by an amusement ride,” Nima explained to Alan as they made it their way towards a rise.

 

“According to the map the field labs should be on the other side of that ridge in the next valley,” he said.

 

Si, on the other side of the mountains. They kept it in a well protected spot from the rest of the park. There should be a tunnel up there that would take us there,” Nima replied.

 

The group trudged up the mountain with Junior following Alan and Nima, while Spitz and Frankie were up ahead scouting the area.

 

Suddenly Spitz gave a bark and a hoot with his head raised. Alan raised his hand and hissed signaling Junior to stop. Junior raised her head and took a sniff.

 

It was then that her head raised up in alarm as her tail began to swing excitedly.

 

“What is it?” Nima asked Alan.

 

Judging by their looks I'd say there is another dinosaur in front of us.” Alan said.

 

“Um, Dr. Grant?” Tim said timidly from on top of Junior.

 

“Yes?” Alan asked.

 

“There is another dinosaur up ahead.” Tim said.

 

“Do you know if its friendly or not?” Alan asked.

 

“We can't see much from here there is too many trees but it is by the tunnels,” Ian replied.

 

Having no other choice since the road started to go up a cliff they were forced to head up the mountainside. Trudging upwards they managed to make it to the entrance. When they got there Junior was more then happy to see the figure there.

 

It was the adult T-Rex.

 

The others stood on alert but Junior trudged towards the adult. Tim and Ian held on when they were suddenly lurched towards the larger dinosaur. Both of them were frightened when they neared the larger adult.

 

The Rex merely looked at them pleadingly as she laid on the ground. Her breath was ragged and she seemed to be in a lot of pain. Junior began to whine as she butted the larger Rex. Rexy as they have known her did not move she gave a low croon.

 

“Dr. Grant! Something is wrong with her,” Tim yelled.

 

Alan, Nima and the two dinosaurs caught up with them. When they got there Alan was the first to head over to Rexy's side.

 

“Dr. Grant do you know what is wrong with her?” asked Jessie as she caught up with them.

 

“Yeah I know exactly what's wrong,” Alan replied.

 

“What is wrong with her?” asked Lex.

 

“She ate a human so she is suffering for it,” Alan replied.

 

“What do you mean?” asked Tim.

 

“Well dinosaur digestive tracts are not made to digest humans. Human clothes and just our genetic makeup are not made for dinosaurs. We make dinosaurs sick and Rosco knows this so him eating us are rare. Rexy on the other hand just got a taste of what we can do for their stomachs.” Alan replied as he patted her down.

 

Rexy gave a growl but Alan just stroked her snout.

 

“Easy girl,” he said. Then he went towards her belly and tapped on it till he found the problem.

 

“Ah a familiar culprit,” Alan said.

 

“What?” Ian asked as he slowly gotten off of Junior. The T-Rex was surprisingly gentle on him as he slowly came closer to the larger dinosaur.

 

“Just like birds, plastics or even simple clothes got stuck in her digestive track. It probably mixed with Genarro's flesh and caused a blockage in her gut. We are going to have to work together to get it out,” Alan replied.

 

“How?” asked Nima.

 

“I used to have a specially made roller to help me but it is gone. So I will need you kids to help me push on her belly like so and force that blockage down,” Alan replied.

 

“So we are basically giving her a massage?” Ian said.

 

“Yep, so since you are injured and Tim is too light you both get the job of keeping her calm. The rest of us are going to rub her belly and force the blockage out.” Alan replied.

 

Ian looked skeptical but complied as Spitz and Frankie began to rub themselves against the larger dinosaur. The larger dinosaur only weakly growled low in her throat as she attempted to weakly push them away.

 

“Shh easy girl,” Tim said as he slowly stroked Rexy. The Tyrannosaur growled but was too weak to allow the boy to be harmed. Ian slowly extended his hand and placed it on the tip of the dinosaur's snout.

 

She slowly inhaled while Alan and the others positioned themselves to start pushing on her belly.

 

“Ok girls when she exhales start pushing on her belly towards her tail ok?” Alan said.

 

“Ok,” they replied.

 

As soon as the bigger Rex exhaled they started pushing. She growled as they pushed on her belly. The pushing made her growl even more but her eyes started to roll back in her head. She felt a sense of relaxation when they did this. That and combined with Tim and Ian offering her some comforting words like Alan told them to do eventually a gurgling noise was heard. Then something rather foul erupted from Rexy's rear end. Her tail lifted as it erupted. Spitz and Frankie reared back in alarm gagging at the smell.

 

The children did also but Alan only smiled as he patted her down.

 

“Good girl, goooood girl, ok kids we are going to keep doing it till she starts to move ok?,” he said and they nodded.

 

It took about another hour or so of constantly pushing and Rexy pooping till finally the larger animal started to move. Tim and Ian moved away when Rexy's head started to move. She lifted it up and stared at them with her large yellow eyes. Growling the others moved as well. When she moved they were at least a good distance away.

 

“Eww that is just disgusting,” Tim said a bit too loud.

 

Rexy's head turned to look at them and they all got ready to run. Rexy leaned down at Tim and the boy stood still. The Rex began to take a good sniff before letting up happy as she can then she started to nuzzle the boy rather gently. Being an adult she knew the limitations of her strength and so held it back so she can safely nudge Tim in a friendly manner.

 

Tim laughed when the larger dinosaur continued to nudge him and nuzzle him in a motherly manner. Ian too also shared her nuzzling much to the other man's protest.

 

Alan smiled as he patted her down. Noticing the pat she turned to look at them before taking their scent. Recognizing Alan's scent she began to nuzzle him too with a low croon. Alan patted the larger dinosaur down as she gave a happy rumble having been finally freed of her digestive problem.

 

“Alright girl no more eating humans you hear me?” he said affectionately.

 

The Rex only rumbled before she nudged Junior and the two of them both disappeared back into the jungle.

 

“Thank you Junior!” Tim yelled back at them.

 

Both Tyrannosaurs roared to show their dominance around the island.

 

 

VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

Ray was more then frustrated. The power was fluctuating from all over the park. The rumble of the pipes made them all aware of how much pressure is being used and if anyone has any say about it. Ray was sure that turning off the power would make it worse.

 

But hope was not lost.

 

“Sir you have got to see this!” Ray said.

 

They quickly gotten around the main screen of the park. It was there that they witnessed something amazing. There Alan's group managed to get to the tunnel that led them to the field labs. But what was more amazing was watching them help Rexy the T-Rex.

 

“Well I'll be damned,” Gerry said watching his daughter care for the adult. They watched as a larger amount of fowl smelling waste exited the Rex, and the dinosaur's happy rumble.

 

“Well shit. I learn something new everyday,” Ray commented.

 

Ellie had to smile while Nico whined as he neared the screen. He began to call at the sight of Alan the same call for pack.

 

“Dr. Sattler?” Hammond said getting nervous.

 

“Shh, Nico its ok, its ok boy,” she said getting closer to him and gently rubbing herself against him a sign of affection. He leaned into her whining.

 

“Shh its ok boy we will see daddy soon, ok baby,” Ellie said to him. Nico continued to whine but she managed to sooth him down.

 

“So what are we going to do?” Robert said.

 

“Well good to know that they will be safe after they reached the labs. Hopefully Sorkin is still alive. After all that bitch took down ever single camera in the valley so I am assuming she is still alright,” Ray replied.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

The trek down was a long way, but eventually the group made it safely. When they entered the valley there was hardly any signs of carnivores around. The only thing here was a group of herbivores that seemed to be at peace in the area.

 

“Wow I can't believe there is hardly anything that can kill you here,” said Jessie.

 

“Careful even plant eaters have defenses that can kill you,” Alan replied.

 

Si, I have seen several herbivores kill a carnivore before on the mainland. A group of Tapir led a jaguar across the swamps in Venezuela once because they knew that an Anaconda lived there. The snake devoured the jaguar and the tapir ran free. Even if there was no such defenses I've also seen them attack a man and gouge him with their teeth. They are vicious when they are trying to protect themselves. In fact there are some here too just look,” Nima said and they kids looked to see some tapir with the dinosaurs feasting on vegetation.

 

“Well, shit!” Jessie said.

 

The area was pretty much full of jungle when they entered. The herbivores happily stepped aside to let them through and when they did they were amazed at the sights to behold.

 

The field labs was not like they thought. It was a one story building that housed what look like someone's residence. It was here that there was a fence that surrounded the area. And it was also here that the group saw the garden off to the side. It was totally self sufficient.

 

As they walked further into the area of the main compound they are suddenly faced with a bunch of herbivores.

 

“Ok, what are we going to do?” asked Ian as he limped along.

 

It was luckily Spitz that solved the problem.

 

Rearing back the Dilophosaur screeched his loudest with his frill out to its fullest. This caused the herbivores to move quickly away from the group and several to take aggressive stances. Alan quickly quieted the dinosaur.

 

“What is going on here?” A voice shouted.

 

There amongst herbivores a woman stood up. Short blonde hair and a large pair of glasses on her head. Frankie hissed from where he was perched on Lex's shoulder. His feathers raised as he started to preen himself but hiss at the same time.

 

“You're still alive with all the dinosaurs running around?” said Ian.

 

“Of course! Up until now I did not have any carnivores here. Now that you brought your friend here he is the first,” the woman said.

 

“Um....You're Dr. Sorkin right? We met two days ago I'm Jessie Harding, Dr. Harding's daughter?” Jessie spoke up.

 

The woman looked at her before sighing, “Ah yes I remember you, you and your father helped with one of my dinosaurs here.” The woman Dr. Sorkin said.

 

“Yes, and if we could Dr. Sorkin could we use your phone? I need to let my dad know that I am ok,” Jessie said.

 

“Sure but I am telling you now the phones are dead and I have been trying to get the system back up to call in. But for some reason my computer is not working. It is as if my whole system crashed,” Dr. Sorkin said.

 

“Maybe I can help I am good with computers,” Lex replied.

 

“Yeah Lex is a computer nerd!” Tim said.

 

“Hacker! I am called a Hacker!” Lex replied.

 

“No matter what you are called can you get us communications with the Visitor's Center?” Alan asked Lex.

 

“Sure just give me access to a computer,” Lex replied.

 

Dr. Sorkin's office was neat and tidy as befitting any sort of scientist. All around there was tubes filled with dinosaur's that have not past their growth and are being studied. She even had samples of several strands of DNA on her computer screen. Over on the side were other equipment such as microscopes and several eggs. Each egg had been attached to a machine that shows the inside. Inside they could see new dinosaurs being developed.

 

Spitz did not like the smell of the lab so remained outside to guard the door while they worked. Frankie however was on the exam table while Dr. Sorkin took some X-Rays.

 

“It is amazing that you have a live Archeopteryx with you Dr. Grant,” She said as she looked over the photos.

 

“Well the good news it that his wing joint was only dislocated so thankfully you put it back into place. The second thing though was that his ribs were bruised so I applied some medication for them. I have to check my own animals so often that I took a few courses in taking care of them,” Sorkin replied.

 

“Well is he going to be ok?” Tim asked after taking Frankie from Sorkin.

 

“He is going to be fine, a bit sore after what happened and after I cleaned his wounds but he should be fine...wait did you say he?” Sorkin replied.

 

“Yes, Frankie and Spitz out there are male,” Alan replied.

 

“Spitz?” Dr. Sorkin asked.

 

“The Dilophosaurus,” Alan replied.

 

“I am just amazed that he even approaches you,” Sorkin replied and just to emphasize it Alan called for Spitz.

 

The dilophosaur entered the lab and slowly turned its head towards Alan. The man beckoned and Spitz walked up to him nuzzling his side.

 

“Amazing! In all my experience here at Jurassic Park. I've never seen a Dilophosaur interact with anyone like that ever!” she said as she leaned close.

 

Spitz started to growl as she leaned back. Alan gently placed his hand on the dinosaur's side, “Easy boy she may smell funny but she means well,” Alan said to him.

 

“He lets you touch him? Fascinating I've heard about your work with these animals, but to see it for myself! You are really something Dr. Grant. May I touch him?” Dr. Sorkin said excitedly.

 

“Place your hand with your palm down in front of him so he can take your scent. If he accepts then gently blow in his face if he growls then don't do anything else. If he approaches scratch under his chin. That way he knows you are not a threat.” Alan replied.

 

She did as she asked and Spitz looked up at Alan before approaching. She gently scratched his jaw. He crooned at the feeling and leaned in for more much to Dr. Sorkin's amazement.

 

“The reason why your dilophosaurs don't react well to you is because you have mistreated them. In order to fully bond with a dinosaur requires twenty four hour care and equal amount of time bonding with them. Spitz and I spend many hours together along with the other dinosaurs. He has learned social skills,” Alan replied.

 

“Um Dr. Sorkin is this the computer you were talking about?” Lex's voice said over the medical equipment.

 

“The one with a picture of a dinosaur on it?” Sorkin asked.

 

“Yes,” Lex replied.

 

“Then that is the one,” Dr. Sorkin's reply was instant.

 

Lex instantly went to the terminal and booted it up. As soon as it was booted she began to open the screen to start seeing where she would need to hack. What greeted her was a very naughty picture and a laughing Dennis Nedry.

 

Ah, Ah, Ah, You didn't say the magic word! Ah, Ah, Ah, You didn't say the magic word!” it began to blare at Lex.

 

“You can't be serious how immature!” Lex barked.

 

“What is it?” Tim asked.

 

“It seems as if Mr. Nedry has placed a firewall up to block what he was doing. If I am going to get into the system I will have to break through this firewall. This thing here is just a booby trap that goes off when someone tries to access it.” Lex replied.

 

“Can you do something about it?” Jessie asked.

 

“It will take me a bit but I can try,” Lex replied.

 

Just as she said it there was a growl from Spitz and Frankie copied him. “What is it boy?” said Jessie who was currently holding Frankie.

 

The small archeopteryx growled low and it was then that a series of rumbles went off. Followed by a deep growl. Recognizing the growl the group breathed a sigh of relief.

 

It was only Rexy the T-Rex.

 

Shaking his head Alan walked outside with a scared Dr. Sorkin and an amused Nima. Ian was sleeping on one of the extra beds in the room finally being able to properly rest. His leg was bandaged and properly cared for. Dr. Sorkin was a nurse before she gotten into Genetics so she knew a thing or two about taking care of people.

 

Rexy was laying down in the clearing with Junior beside her. Her mouth was bloody meaning she had fed recently. Alan shook his head as he examined her and had to laugh. Spitz was beside him a low hiss was made and his frill was flapping slightly on the side of his neck. This was a clear sign of agitation.

 

“Easy boy,” Alan soothed as he approached the larger carnivores. Junior's head was the first to rise as she let out a gentle croon. Her tail slowly swinging side to side in greeting. Rexy's eye opened up to greet him and closed again. She too let out a gentle croon.

 

Alan and later Nima came up to her and slowly gave her a gentle pat on the side. Rexy was more then happy to finally get some more attention.

 

“I swear what is it with T-Rexes and the need to be cuddled?” Alan asked himself.

 

It was also then that he noticed the smell.

 

“Awk! You two need a bath!” he said to them.

 

Walking back he was met with the amazed face of Dr. Sorkin, “I....I don't know what to say. This is the first time I've seen anyone touch Rexy and live. She has to be the hardest dinosaur to deal with, and yet here you are patting her down like a puppy,” Dr. Sorkin said to him.

 

“That part is easy I helped her with a stomach ache. She then has liked me and the others since,” Alan replied.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

While Alan and the others were out dealing with the dinosaurs Lex was busy typing away at the computer. Using her hacking skills she managed to get past the little message and see what was happening.

 

“So you're a hacker?” Jessie asked watching over Lex's shoulder.

 

“Yeah, self taught....ok I lied a knew a few friends in school who were interested in the same thing,” Lex replied.

 

“Wow, so what is it you are doing?” Jessie asked.

 

“I am trying to work my way around the firewall that Mr. Nedry put up. It seems he did not want anyone to see what he was doing. So he had placed a back door into the system's code to hide his trial. That way when he makes his move no one will know better,” Lex said as she typed away.

 

“So what did he do to the system,” Jessie asked.

 

“From what I can see he has wormed his way into security and disabled pretty much all of it as well as the power grids.....oh shit....DR. GRANT, DR. SORKIN, NIMA YOU BEST GET IN HERE!” Lex said noticing an alert for the first time.

 

 

The adults came rushing in, “What is it Lex?” Alan asked.

 

“I was going through security to see about restoring power...we have a BIG problem.” Lex said.

 

“What is it?” Nima asked.

 

“According to this the power plant is not doing so good. It says that there is too much pressure in the steam vents and they have to be released.” Lex replied.

 

“Well that is not a problem the power plant is not too far from here. We can take my jeep it will get us there faster. I have it in the garage and if you want you can bring the dinosaurs with us for protection,” Dr. Sorkin replied.

 

 

“Lex can you get the phones working again?” asked Alan.

 

“I can try but it will take some time. Besides Mr. Nedry has so many booby traps that I have to work through them all without completely crashing the system,” Lex replied.

 

“Alright you do that the rest of us will work our way towards the power plant.” Alan replied back.

 

“I will stay here with Lex and Tim because Ian is going to need medical help,” Jessie said.

 

“Alright you are in charge and be serious for once ok?” Alan joked.

 

Alan ushered Spitz out the door but Frankie remained behind due to his injuries. As he exited the building Rexy was busy resting after eating a full meal. Junior was drinking from the water pond.

 

“Um how are we going to get to this jeep with them sleeping?” Nima asked.

 

“Oh that! Allow me,” Alan replied.

 

Walking up he gently patted Rexy on the snout. Large golden eyes opened as the massive dinosaur rose from where she was resting. She sniffed Alan before lowering her head down to rest once again. Her deep rumbles were all that was heard.

 

“Well then why don't you move?” Alan asked.

 

Rexy only looked at him with a lazy air to her demeanor. Alan shook his head as he climbed into the jeep and started the engine. Rexy looked up when he did this and only moved her tail to allow them passage to leave.

 

“Remarkable!” Dr. Sorkin said as they drove out leaving the children with one injured adult.

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Lex was typing away at the screen her fingers a blur as code seemed to zoom by at a rapid rate.

 

“How the hell are you able to keep up with all this?” asked Jessie.

 

“Practice,” Lex replied as she typed away.

 

“So what are you doing so far?” Jessie asked.

 

“Well I have to go through all this code to see exactly what Mr. Nedry has done. There are about two million lines of code I have to go through. Trying to get through that firewall is a pain in the ass. So far I've only told the computer to find any source or oddities in the system. It is really a time consuming matter.” Lex replied and when she said it the computer beeped letting them see what they are looking at.

 

“What is that?” Jessie asked.

 

“A back door,” Lex said.

 

“White Rabbit Object?” Jessie said noticing the abbreviations.

 

“Yes, ever read Alice in Wonderland?” Lex asked.

 

“Yeah, like in grade school,” Jessie replied.

 

“Well that basically what it is referenced to.” Lex replied.

 

“So Nedry made this back door into the computer system. Shit! That must have taken some time to do,” Jessie said.

 

“Yep, it did. Somehow he hacked into the system's mainframe and used the backdoor as a way to shut down security. The only thing though is that I don't have access to security. However if I can use this backdoor to get into the system I can hopefully get phones back online,” Lex replied.

 

“Cool then we can call my dad to let him know that I am ok. He must be so worried,” Jessie said.

 

“Yeah and grandpa would like to know the same thing,” Lex replied.

 

The computer beeped again to let them know that they were in.

 

“Alright! I am in now to find communications,” Lex said excitedly as she continued typing code.

 

“Lex?” Tim said.

 

“Yes, Timmy?” Lex said not even looking up.

 

“Are the dinosaurs supposed to look at us like that?” asked Tim.

 

The two girls looked up to see Rexy's eye looking at them before sniffing and then resuming her position of sleeping. Breathing a sigh of relief the kids went back to work.

 

“Well I better go check on the dinosaurs. Hey time wanna come with me?” Jessie said.

 

“Sure,” Tim replied before they both went out. Lex smiled as she turned back to the computer to continue typing.

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

Chapter 17: Power Outages

Chapter Text

 

JURASSIC PARK GEOTHERMAL PLANT

 

 

Alan, Nima and Dr. Sorkin managed to make it to the power plant with little to no trouble. The tunnels next to the field labs provided an easier route to their destination. That and the jeep that they had gotten made going there a lot faster. Dr. Sorkin had a jeep wrangler instead of the normal Sahara's that everyone else drives. The reason being is that she sometimes has to lug equipment towards her labs with some difficulty. That being said the weather does not help either with the constant rain from the mountains. So she opted In-Gen for something with a more solid roof that can hold more.

 

This was it.

 

Alan was just grateful that they had it. Along the way they encountered several troodon and easily used the Jeep to scare them off. Just the high beams alone blinded them and made them run off into the darkness.

 

Remind me amigo that when this is over that I shoot those damn things!” Nima grumbled as she was watching the good doctor hurry along. The groaning in some of the pipes did not help either and their only dinosaur passenger was not liking being stuck in the back.

 

Spitz was the only dinosaur able to go with them. The dilophosaur would hiss at the troodon but did nothing to attack them. That and Alan's soothing hand on his neck helped to keep the dinosaur calm. When they tried to attack the jeep Alan and Nima would get the spot lights from in the back and flash it in their faces. The resulting lights would blind the troodon as they screeched in pain.

 

When they managed to get to the power plant a river of lava flowed under them. The heat from below was enough to cook a man if they were any lower.

 

“Alright here we are the power modules are over there,” she said.

 

“So what are you going to do?” Nima asked.

 

“I have to prime the capacitor to make it ready to activate. You get the generator ready while Dr. Grant turns the valve there. That should release the pressure,” Dr. Sorkin replied.

 

They managed to get to their positions and as they did so Spitz kept a lookout. The dilophosaur proved to be good at that as he kept looking around for danger.

 

Nima who was closest to the dinosaur was trying to get the generator into place. That proved to be a big problem.

 

“Dr. Sorkin this thing is burnt out!” Nima said looking at the motor.

 

“Shit! There should be a spare down there!” Sorkin replied.

 

Nima managed to find it and drag it out to where the old one is.

 

Spitz watched as she did this. The light from the flowing lava aided in allowing him to see her. Just then a sound was heard from the hallway and the dilophosaur turned. Just as he did several rats began to run in terror from something in the hallway. Catching a scent he began to fluff his frill and growl low in warning.

 

Nima being closest heard the growling while she was finishing replacing the motor. Turning in alarm she was met with the sight of raptors.

 

Mierda!” She cursed and shouted, “We got company!” she said and jumped towards the ladder.

 

“SPITZ COME!” Alan shouted as he struggled to move the valve.

 

It did not move. Spitz managed to leap up to the platform and hissed at the raptors. Nima and Alan both struggled to move the valve. It was then that Dr. Sorkin herself had to help and all three of them struggled to move the valve. But the good thing was thanks to Nima's repairs the Valve started to move. There was so much pressure that it made it hard to turn, and when it did.

 

It did so in a rush.

 

The raptors at this time took noticed and started to jump upwards towards where they were. Spitz wasted no time in blinding the first raptor with his venom. The raptor screeched in pain as it struggled to get the thick black sludge out of its eyes. That resulted in the raptor falling on the second raptor and they both fell off the platorm. The third raptor leaped up and tried to get at them. It even managed to wound Spitz by slashing his front claws at him. That resulted in a nasty gash on his side.

 

Spitz however was not deterred as he just simply whipped his tail out and knocked the raptor down. The resulting kick that followed also threw the raptor off.

 

While the dinosaurs were fighting the humans managed to get the valve to finally turn. The sound of rushing steam was heard and it was so loud that the dinosaurs had to stop fighting when they heard it.

 

The raptor was distracted and quickly shoved off the platform by Spitz. The dilophosaur did not go unscathed however because the raptor's claw grazed his leg. The resulting wound had Spit screaming in pain. By this time the forth raptor had tried to go after Spitz.

 

 

BANG! A loud gunshot was heard and the raptor instantly fell dead. The wound on its head was a clear sign of where the bullet went. Turning towards his savior Spitz turned to find Alan there with a smoking pistol. The smoke that came from it was a clear sign that he fired the gun. Spitz whinned as he limped over towards Alan and Alan stroked him down.

 

“Good boy, you have been a good boy,” he said.

 

While that was going on Dr. Sorkin had primed the pump and turned on the circuits. The resulting outtage that took place and the lights flickering was a result of the power being restored finally.

 

“Well that was something,” Sorkin replied.

 

The others nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

The lights flickered yet again until finally they grew bright once more as the main power returned to normal. The computer gave a beep indicating that the pressure has been released.

 

“They did it!” Ray said the others hooted and yelled and Nico the raptor screeched back. They laughed as the raptor copied their joyous mood. That was until his mood changed and he gave a challenging hiss.

 

The others immediately quieted when they saw what was at the door.

 

One of the raptors had returned. This time they were not paying attention to them but to the chick in Henry's pocket. The raptor hissed as it eyed the chick as if it knew what that chick was and hissed low.

 

Nico immediately jumped in front of it and gave a warning growl. The raptor obviously alone backed off and disappeared when the clicking started. Completely scared it ran.

 

The others breathed a sigh of relief.

 

It was also then that the phone began to ring.

 

 

 

FIELD LABS

 

 

“I DID IT!” Lex said.

 

“What?” said Ian getting up from where he was resting.

 

“I'm in the system I managed to get through Nedry's firewall and I am now in the system!” Lex replied.

 

“Can you get the phones working?” Ian asked.

 

“Hold up let me see if I can find it. The system after all is a unit system so it should be easy. I just have to find the right file.” Lex said.

 

Just as she said it tires pulled up and Rexy who had been outside gave a warning growl. That then turned into a croon as they saw who it was that returned. The jeep carrying the others had returned and what shocked them was that Spitz was limping.

 

The dilophosaur was whining in pain when they placed him on the table and Dr. Sorkin managed to get some anesthesia into him.

 

“What happened to him?” Tim asked.

 

“We were attacked by raptors,” Alan replied.

 

Jessie immediately gotten the string and needle and began to clean the wound out. It was a rather deep cut along his leg but after a few moments of stitching then he was left with a bandage and was fine.

 

“Got it!” Lex said.

 

“Got what?” Alan asked.

 

“Lex had broken through Nedry's firewall and is in the system,” Jessie replied.

 

“Really? Did you get communications up?” Alan asked.

 

“Almost there, Got it! The phones should be working now,” said Lex with a big smile on her face.

 

More then happy Alan looked at the numbers on the list to call. Finding the Visitor's Center he dialed the extension.

 

 

 

VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

The phone kept ringing till at last Hammond was the one who picked it up.

 

“Hello?” he said on the other end.

 

Mr. Hammond?” Alan's voice said on the other end.

 

“Dr. Grant? Is that you?” Hammond said.

 

Yeah its me the phones are working,” he said on the other end.

 

“But how?” Hammond asked.

 

Thank your granddaughter she managed to figure it out. She is quite skilled with computers after all.” Alan replied.

 

“And Tim?” Hammond asked.

 

Outside playing with Rexy,” Alan replied sounding rather amused.

 

“Rexy? He is playing with Rexy who is that?” Hammond asked.

 


“Wait who is playing with the T-Rex?” Gerry said.

 

When he said that Hammond's eyes went wide, “HE IS PLAYING WITH THE WHAT!” he said.

 

Calm down Mr. Hammond he is fine. Rexy is being very gentle with him. In fact she is lying down right now and Tim is relaxing against her side.” Alan's voice said on the other end.

 

“You let my grandson play with the T-Rex?” Hammond replied.

 

When he said that everyone's head shot up in revelation.

 

Yes, and tell Dr. Harding that his daughter is fine as well.” said Alan.

 

“You can tell him yourself,” Hammond said baffled as he handed the phone over to Gerry and the man quickly asked the same question. Only this time it was with one person.

 

Alan again repeated what he had told Hammond about Jessie being fine. He even told him about how Spitz had saved her from Nedry.

 

“My daughter was saved by the same dinosaur that I was treating?” Gerry said in surprise.

 

Yeah, Spitz will protect his friends just as fiercely as he would hunt for prey. That guy may be shy but he can be tough when he needs to be.” Alan replied with pride.

 

“Alan? Where are the others?” this time it was Ellie who spoke.

 

They are on a ship on the east dock. Nima has provided me with the information on how to get there. Unfortunately I don't have much time in formulating a plan. I have to get to them within eight hours or the ship leaves with them onboard,” Alan replied.

 

“Dr. Grant this is Robert Muldoon the Game Warden. You said you have Rexy out there with you?” he said.

 

Yes, she is resting right now. We helped deal with a rather, 'unpleasant' feeling in her stomach,” was Alan's reply.

 

“Good because if you are going after them you are going to need all the firepower you can get. If I remember there is a shelter nearby in the Aquatic Exhibit. There you will find some ammunition if you are going after the poachers,” Robert said.

 

What sort of fire power?” Alan asked.

 

“Some Auto-rifles, a few RPG's for the big dinos, harpoons, gas grenades, the works,” Robert replied.

 

Cogida Santa! Are you dealing with animals or world war three?” this time the voice shifted to Nima Cruz. That much the group can see as she is the only Spanish speaking woman.

 

“We had to be prepared, now if Lex has access to security she can override the security panel when you get there.” Robert replied.

 

Will do,” said Alan.

 

So when will you get here to provide backup?” Nima asked over the phone.

 

“If the roads are good hopefully within two hours so that will not give us enough time,” Robert replied.

 

“We should be able to get there using the road that leads to the East Dock. The tunnels are not damaged and we can use the jeeps to get there. If we meet you at the docks we should be able to team up to get to the ship before it leaves,” Ellie replied.

 

Alright sounds like a plan,” Alan replied.

 

“Alright Dr. Grant we shall see you in two hours,” Robert replied before hanging up the phone.

 

 

FIELD LABS

 

 

 

When Alan hung up the phone the others looked at him in expectation.

 

“Alright you heard the plan we head out towards the aquatic section. Dr. Sorkin you know this park best can you get us there?” Alan asked.

 


“Yes, but we can't all fit in one jeep,” she said.

 

“Not all of us are going. Ian is too injured and the kids can't fight.” Alan replied.

 

“Besides I have to stay here to see if can I can repair some of these systems,” Lex replied

 

 

“Alright, Ian?” Alan asked as he looked up at the other man.

 

“Yeah, the morphine helps but I will stay with the kids. I must admit that the T-Rex out there has kept alot of things away,” Ian replied.

 


“Good she can help us if she wants and I will leave Spitz too. He can be of use to you more then he will to me,” Alan replied.

 

By then Frankie poked his head out from Lex's shoulder and chirped. He was more then happy to see his dad again and then screeched his protest.

 

“Nope you stay here Frankie. I need you at your best,” Alan replied and when Frankie tried to get at him it was Lex who held him.

 

“Please Frankie I need someone to watch my back,” she said soothing the Archeopteryx.

 

The smaller dinosaur in question crooned up at her and gave a little whine. She smiled as she stroked under his chin, “I know boy but who will protect me from the bad guys. Spitz is busy with Jessie and Rexy is too big,” she said in a sing song voice.

 

Not understanding a word but understanding her tone Frankie relented. He ran his tongue along the roof of his mouth. It came out as a sort of purr.

 

“Alright we will head out just make sure that you kids lock the door when we leave,” Alan said as he reloaded some amunition that he had gotten from the nearby shed.

 

Alan, Nima and Dr. Sorkin had loaded up into the jeep once more. Lex, Tim and Jessie stayed behind with the dinosaurs while they drove off. Tim was happily stroking Rexy the adult T-Rex much to the others dismay. But the older dinosaur does not mind. In fact she seems to enjoy it as he stroked her belly. They have been bonding. Jessie seemingly curious and bored went to see why Tim was so happy.

 

When she exited the older Rex only looked at her before laying down again.

 

“Hey there girl,” Jessie said as she stroked her down. The older rex rumbled a soft croon as she stroked her throat and her belly. She had made another mess but at least this one was not as bad as earlier.

 

“I guess you are still sick huh?” Jessie replied.

 

All she had gotten was a rumble. Rexy seemed pretty content to just lay there in the sun. The younger Rex however was being a bit pushy as she pushed into Jessie's back causing Rexy to growl in warning. The younger animal backed off for a bit until Jessie hissed telling her it is not ok to do what she did. Then she went to pet the Rex nearly earning a bite.

 

Junior was getting hungry that much Jessie figured and so luckily she managed to figure out what she needs.

 

And the food was right in front of her.

 

The herd that was in the pen looked nervous when Jessie called for Spitz. The smaller dinosaur came right up to her and rubbed himself along her side. Patting him down in reassurance Jessie walked towards the pen.

 

“Alright boy we are going to have to show Junior how to hunt. So do you want to show her how?” She said.

 

Spitz stood up straighter, “I guess that is a yes,” Jessie said.

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Ellie was just happy to finally hear from Alan again. She, Robert and Gerry loaded up several guns into the back of their jeep. Nico was there along with Henry but the raptor did not want to come along. Instead he stayed near the Asian scientist his interest in the hatchlings in his pocket.

 

The Troodon hatchling was busy playing with the raptor chick. Both of them were playing a simple game of tug of war. Henry was exhausted as he sat down on the floor eating a protien bar.

 

“So have you come up with a name for them yet?” Ellie asked.

 

“Well the Troodon here is rather mellow compared to his parents.” Wu said, “He is rather pale so I was thinking of calling him Tien.” he said.

 

“Tien?” Ellie asked.

 

“It is Vietnamese for, spirit or angel but I like Spirit better. It suits him well since he is a little spirit.” Henry said smiling.

 

The little hatchling continued to play with the raptor.

 

“And the raptor?” asked Ellie.

 

“The raptor technically belongs to Mr. Hammond since she recognizes him as her father. She often goes to him to sleep.” Henry replied while Ellie finished loading her gun.

 

“Well I think her name should be Rosie because of her pink markings,” Hammond replied. Sure enough Ellie gotten a good look at her and found that she indeed had pink markings.

 

“Well Rosie and Tien are going to make a good pair don't you think,” Gerry replied while finishing his load out.

 

Gerry carried with him a loaded M-16 rifle with him. This time instead of tranquilizers he carried live ammo. The same with Robert who carried an Elephant shot gun and Ellie with her 30 yard rifle. Nico was quietly laying down next to Henry watching the hatchlings.

 

Suddenly the power went out and the sounds of many clicks could be heard.

 

“Oh shit!” they said.

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

Chapter 18: Whale of a Tale

Chapter Text

 

 

ISLA NUBLAR TUNNEL SYSTEM

 

 

The jeep sped along the long corridors of the underground tunnel system. Already Ellie held on as both Robert and Gerry sat in the front. Being more familiar with the island then she was Ellie felt more inclined to sit in the back. She did not know how far the tunnels stretched, but from what she understood it went on for miles under the island.

 

“So these tunnels go all over the island is that right?” Ellie shouted over the rushing wind.

 

“Yes they are used to maintain the park as well as transport animals safely. With all the storms that plagued the island this was the safest way, and in case an animal escapes we can trap it here so a containment unit can arrive to take it back to its paddock,” Robert replied.

 

“So where are we going exactly?” Ellie asked.

 

“We are going to exit near the East Docks that way we can catch them by surprise.” Robert's voice said over the wind.

 


“Alright, I take it you had experience with poachers before. Africa?” Ellie asked.

 

“Yeah as Hammond said I used to work for a zoo in Kenya, and before that as a game ranger in South Africa.” Robert replied as they shot ahead.

 


“Ok, we should be near the junction,” Gerry said.

 

Just as he said it clicking could be heard as several troodon came screeching in front of them. Robert blared the highlights and the animals ran in fear. Blaring his horn helped too as they disappeared back into the darkness.

 

“I wish we had one of these when they came,” Gerry said. Ellie kept her gun ready just in case.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

While Gerry, Ellie and Robert took the tunnels towards the east docks. Alan, Dr. Sorkin and Nima took a different route.

 

Since their original road was washed away by the storm. The group had headed towards the marine park. It was supposed to be something that would wow the crowds. Unfortunately Dr. Sorkin had made it known that the money that funded it came from 'Her' budget.

 

 

“So he decided that my budget should be cut for 'Emergency Funding,' well when I found out it was for another attraction I was enraged.” Sorkin went on while Alan and Nima ignored her rantings. Having been used to it they managed to get close enough towards the Marine Park that once they emerged from the tunnels and the park showed. It proved that Hammond wasted no expense.

 

What also got Alan worried was the large amount of splashing from the park itself.

 

What made him jump was the large form that rose from the water and made a splash down in its tank.

 

“Oh my God!” Alan said.

 

“I knew Hammond was making something but This!” Dr. Sorkin said as they entered the building.

 

Inside were all sorts of displays for different era's of prehistory. A small tide pool was there beneath a large boulder display. In it was a group of horseshoe crabs. But none could compare to the other aquariums with various sea creatures in it. Most of them were found in the modern age. 'Living Fossils' were written all over the walls.

 

“What is this place?” Nima asked her gun to her side.

 


“This is the Emergency Funding that Hammond was doing. He created a theme park for aquatic creatures. That thing out there I don't know what it is yet,” Sorkin said.

 

“We will find out,” Alan replied as they walked further into the exhibit area. As the plaques lined the walls. So too were the minor tanks. The tanks themselves were filled with fish and coral some of which are found in certain parts of the world.

 

Suddenly something large swam past one of the tanks.

 

Mierda,” cursed Nima.

 

“What is it?” Alan asked.

 

“Sorry that fish startled me,” she said.

 

Alan went to look at the fish and smiled, “Don't worry it is harmless. It is just a Coelacanth it wont hurt you,” Alan replied.

 


“A what?” Nima replied.

 

“An ancient form of fish once thought to be extinct, but are only found in the Indian and Indonesian waters.” Alan explained.

 

“Oh,” Nima replied.

 

“In fact why does In-Gen have these fish? Aren't they illegal to have because they are endangered?” Alan asked Sorkin.

 

“Don't look at me I don't know a thing,” Sorkin replied.

 

The fish swam near them for a few more seconds then darted away to hide. Alan and the others watched as it went to the other side of its tank and hid amongst the reef. When they walked towards the elevators it was Nima who read about the codes. Having figured out the code it was no surprise that the elevator took them down a long shaft.

 

What did surprise them was that they had to hold their breath in order to pressurize their ears.

 

“Oh my God!” Alan whispered to himself.

 

“What is this place?” Nima asked.

 

Just as she said it something darted past her. It was small and fast. Rapid clicks came from the creature.

 

“A dolphin?” asked Sorkin.

 


“No, something else,” Alan replied.

 

Just as he said it the creature appeared before them its large eye and dolphin-like body made itself known.

 

Cristo Maldita Santo!” Nima cursed as she saw it. Then as soon as she saw it is was gone.

 

Rapid clicks could be heard again before it appeared once again. This time it looked curiously at them. Flipping itself upside down it looked at them before it swishes it's tail once more to disappear. Alan rushed towards the glass to see where it went.

 

The strange creature went to the surface of the large tank for what is assumed to be a breath of air. Then diving down towards them it looked at them better once more.

 

“Holy shit!” he whispered.

 

“Do you know what species that is Dr. Grant?” Dr. Sorkin said just as the elevator stopped.

 

“Yes, I think I do. It is an Icthyosaur,” he said.

 

“A what?” asked Nima.

 

“An Icthyosaur an ancient species of reptile found in the mezozoic era. It resembles a dolphin so that it can swim in the deep ocean. My God they created an ancient marine reptile,” he said.

 

Just as he said it a deep tone was heard and another creature made itself known. This one was far larger then the smaller Icthyosaur. It sounded almost like a whale as it blew bubbles towards the surface. The smaller animal darted towards the larger one which was about the size of a whale calf this animal was not that impressive at first.

 

That is until it made its approach following the much smaller animal.

 

“Is that a mosasaur?” Sorkin asked.

 


“Yes, it is!” said Alan said excited. Though small compared to some fossils this animal was clearly not fully grown. It's notched tail and large fins were a clear sign of what this creature is. It was curious as it looked at the group entering the underwater tunnels. Swimming near them it eyed them out before it returned to the surface for a breath of air. When it came down it followed them towards the center of the exhibit.

 

When they got there it was clearly the control room. There was computer systems and phones, but what got them was the pool at the very center of the room.

 

“Why is there a pool here?” asked Dr. Sorkin as she looked the water.

 

“Dr. Sorkin don't!” Alan yelled.

 

Just as he said it the water splashed at the smaller form of the mosasaur came bursting from the water. It landed on the dock with its mouth wide open. The smaller Icthyosaur did the same thing as well.

 

“Lord All Mighty they ware trained!” Alan said.

 

“Trained?” Sorkin asked.

 

“Yes, when I was studying animal behavior I remember going to a marine park and studying animals there. That same notion was used by dolphins and killer whales during a show. These animals are trained,” Alan said as he came closer.

 

Sure enough the animals are trained. They raised their tails as Alan looked around.

 

It was then that he noticed the freezer. Pulling the door open he realized it was a walk in freezer.

 

Looking around he managed to find what he was looking for. Two buckets matched the discription. Though the buckets were marked with a name. One was named, 'Terry' the other was named 'Iggy'.

 

“Ok, which one is which,” Alan said to himself.

 

Picking the buckets up he went over to the two on the platform. Both of them looked up with expectation. Dr. Sorkin was busy pushing and proding the animals. Then Alan looked up and saw two charts on the table next to the animals. On it was the same names and finally the information he was looking for.

 

“Alright the squid goes to Terry,” he said and pulled out a nice sized Hombolt squid from the bucket. The squid itself took up the entire bucket because of its size. The mosasaur opened its mouth wider when Alan placed it in its mouth. Satisfied it pushed itself back into the water and pulled its head up once more. Then looking down he saw smaller squid and fish. Pulling them up he looked at the Icthyosaur and tossed them into its mouth. Happy it then pulled itself back into water. Both to them had their mouths open for more treats.

 

Quickly as he could Alan went back into the freezer and pulled out more treats. The animals were more then happy to get them. Terry being the size of a baby humpback and Iggy who is about the size of a bottlenose dolphin. Both of them were more then happy to get their fill and went back into the tank. Swimming around they eyed the humans that were observing them.

 

“I knew Hammond was making reptiles, but I thought it was something bigger?” Sorkin said.

 

“They act like babies,” Nima replied.

 

“That is because they are,” Alan shot back.

 

They both looked at him in shock.

 

“The Mosasaur Terry can grow up to forty nine feet long while Iggy the Icthyosaur, and if my guess is right she is an Opthalmosaurus can grow up to twenty feet long. So they are not fully grown,” Alan said.

 

“But I thought there was a bigger animal here. According to this there is a massive predator here,” Dr. Sorkin said showing the other two the chart.

 

Both Alan and Nima grabbed the chart. Sure enough there was a massive predator here.

 

“Holy Mary Mother of God!” Alan cursed.

 

There in front of him was a chart for a very large Tylosaur. Just as he read it the other two reptiles disappeared and a large shadow came across the view. Looking up they spotted a very large predator just above them circling and watching.

 

It was the Tylosaur.

 

“Are we safe here?” Nima asked Sorkin.

 

“According to this the viewing pannels are made of three foot plexi-glass the same used for deep water dives,” Sorkin said.

 

Just as she said it the Tylosaur rammed into the glass but the windows held.

 

They breathed a sigh of relief. The other two are obviously gone having hidden away from the Tylosaur. The much larger mosasaur continued to come around and try to ram into the glass, but after a bit given up and swam away.

 

“Well that was interesting so where is this weapons locker that Muldoon was talking about?” Sorkin asked.

 

“It should be on the other side of this room,” Alan said going over the instructions that Muldoon stated. Sure enough there was a locker there with a thick paddock lock on it. Looking down on it the combo lock greeted him like an arch nemesis. Grabbing the paper from his pocket Alan did as instructed for the combonation. When the lock released from its hold he opened the locker to retrieve the contents. Grabbing an M-16 he quickly loaded it with live ammo as well as a few prod sticks and a bang stick.

 

“What is the bang stick for?” Dr. Sorkin asked.

 

“In case we run into some problems,” Alan replied.

 

At this time Sorkin was standing a little too close to the pool.

 

Suddenly something larger sprang up from the water and grabbed Dr. Sorkin dragging her into the water.

 

“DR. SORKIN!” both Alan and Nima shouted at the same time.

 

The water turned red as parts of her were seen. Then they were gobbled up by the Tylosaur as it swam away from them.

 

“Shit we can't let something like that loose!” said Alan.

 

Si, something of that size and aggression could kill unsuspecting people.” Nima replied.

 

“How could they let something like this get this massive,” Alan asked.

 

“I don't know Senor, but I have a feeling that In-Gen designed it that way,” Nima replied.

 

As she looked around and then up the remains of Dr. Sorkin began to filter through the water. The other two Terry and Iggy were nowhere to be found. Both of them would not even bother to come into the area as long as the Tylosaur which they found out was named Levi after Leviathan.

 

Levi would swim casually around the tank looking down at them from where he was at. When we went up for a breath she would always look down. Then she would swim as fast as she could towards them before trying to make short work of the glass.

 

“I guess this place takes quite a beating,” said Nima as she looked up at Levi.

 

“Yeah, I just hope that the other two are alright,” Alan replied.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

 

“How are you holding up Ian?” asked Jessie as she fixed Ian's bandages.

 

“I am doing well considering,” Ian replied.

 

“That's good we were worried there,” Jessie said as she finished changing his bandages. Spitz was sleeping soundly next to Ian his head on Ian's chest much to the grown man's surprise. The wound on his leg was bandaged as well so the dilophosaur was not feeling any pain. Frankie was perched on Lex's shoulder. The hacker was busy eating a salad that she made from the fridge.

 

“Hey Lex how's the food?” Jessie asked.

 

“It's alright, Tim is busy watching Dr. Grant and Nima. Dr. Sorkin....” she said slowly.

 

Jessie nodded in understanding watching that event would leave one with nightmares for months, if not years. A low rumble was heard as they saw Rexy looking at them from the window. The T-Rex had taken to watching them move around in their little lab. Tim had taken the time to play with the larger predators. Jessie did too even after all this she was still facinated by dinosaurs. After that incident with the larger dinosaur it was apparent that Rexy the Tyrannosaur had taken a liking to the children. It was strange for something that was supposed to play stupid be so....maternal.

 

The younger Rex Junior was busy playing with a bone. She was tossing it around and then pouncing on it as if it were nothing special. Then she would try to play with it again. Jessie just laughted at the behavior and shook her head. Going back inside she watched as Lex went up with Frankie to get some fresh air. Having gotten used to the dinosaurs outside she never noticed them much.

 

Well until Junior tossed a bone and it landed right in front of Lex.

 

“Eww! Junior!” she shouted at the T-Rex.

 

The smaller Rex then looked at Lex and came right up to her and bumpered to the ground. Lex started hissing at her but Junior didn't stop.

 

“Junior stop!” she protested and it was only when a deep growl was heard that Junior stopped.

 

Looking up Lex was amazed that Rexy steped in and gave the younger one a warning. Junior backed off immediately and then the adult went back to her patrol.

 

“Thanks girl!” she called to the adult.

 

Junior in the meantime leaned down and rumbled her apology. She was sad to see that she nearly hurt one of the little ones again. Jessie then put her hand on the younger Rex's snout.

 

“Oh don't give me the pouty face you just have to learn that we are not as tough as you,” Jessie cooed as she played gently with Junior. What she got was a nuzzle and a giggle.

 

 

When she returned inside she was greeted to some food made by Lex. Some soup with salad since Dr. Sorkin was also a vegetarian. At least with Lex she makes it taste like there is meat inside.

 

“Well what is going on so far?” asked Jessie.

 

“Dr. Grant called and told us about the three marine reptiles in the marine parks. While I watched Dr. Sorkin's death I only accounted for one which was according to Dr. Grant the Tylosaur named Leviathan or Levi for short. The other two a young Mosasaur named Terry and a Icthyosaur named Iggy. He said that so far only Levi is the dangerous one so trying to use the underwater ways is going to be tricky,” Lex said

 

“So how are they going to do it?” Ian asked.

 

“I don't know,” Lex replied typing keys till the underwater camera's suddenly came to a tunnel. That tunnel seems to open up to somewhere.

 

She then reached for the phone.

 

 

 

 

MARINE PARK

 

 

Alan stared at the screen that Lex showed him and was impressed. The girl knew her way around computers and with it he was able to pinpoint the exact location of the cage.

 

“So Levi is the most dangerous of the marine reptiles?” said Nima.

 

“Yes, you saw that yourself Levi has no interest in training. And from eating Dr. Sorkin I bet the salt water has something to do with not getting sick after eating a human.” Alan replied.

 

“I see, so how are we going to get out of here to meet up with the others?” Nima asked.

 

“We have to lure Levi to there somehow,” Alan said looking around till he saw the pipes.

 

“Nima do you see those!” Alan said.

 

“Yes,” Nima replied.

 

Then getting on the phone he called the control room.

 

 

VISITOR'S CENTER

 

 

It was Hammond that answered the phone. “This is Hammond,”

 

Mr. Hammond its Grant there has been a bit of a snag,” Alan said on the other line.

 

“Go on,” Hammond said.

 

Alan explained everything about Levi and about the caves. When he was done it was Ray who confirmed the caves as a way to contain the larger Tylosaur.

 

“Alright you got everything you need Grant anything else?” Hammond asked.

 

When Alan gave the negative they hung up the phones with a 'Good Luck' on the other end.

 

 

MARINE PARK

 

“Alright lets head back up,” Alan stated as both he and Nima headed towards the elevator.

 

Pressing a few buttons they started to move towards the surface. Levi was nowhere to be seen but Terry and Iggy once again made their presence known. Both marine reptiles followed them up towards the top of the elevator.

 

But as they neared the top however things turned for the worse.

 

The two of them scattered as Levi came charging towards the elevators and slammed into it.

 

This caused the elevator to shake.

 

“What the hell?” Alan said as Levi once again slammed into it. She tried to bite into the tube to destroy it as Nima screamed.

 

Alan held on as the tylosaur once again slammed into the glass. This time it caused it to crack.

 

“Oh no!” Nima said as she started to press buttons.

 

But it was already too late as the cracks started to form along the glass. Both she and Alan were trapped as the second, and the third impacts afterward shattered the thick glass and flooded the elevator. Not too soon the large head of the tylosaur plunged into the elevator. Alan tried to use the glass shards to stab the larger animal. But it only moved away from the shard. Struggling for air he tried to force the top latch open on the elevator but it would not give. Trying to get to a bubble both he and Nima struggled to find air.

 

The tylosaur was relentless as it tried to get them.

 

Suddenly Levi opened his maw as if to scream. Pulling back the sight of something small and fast greeted them as Iggy rammed herself full force into Levi's side. The Tylosaur pulled itself out and started to go after Iggy. The smaller icthyosaur proved to be much faster and used its speed to outswim the tylosaur. Both Alan and Nima took that as their cue to try and get the door open.

 

As they struggled the need for air grew desprate so Nima forced Alan away and pushed him through the hole in the glass. Both Iggy and Levi were busy playing chase the icthyosaur. There was no sign of Terry around at all.

 

Then Nima cut her hand on the glass while getting out. The cut was rather deep and so the water started to turn red from it. It was then that Terry showed up and they started to swim faster towards the surface. Terry managed to beat them being built for swimming. She nudged under Nima and then Alan making them grab on while she swam towards the surface.

 

As they headed towards the surface something shot up from below. Levi came rushing at them making Terry start to swim faster. Alan and Nima held on as the mosasaur shot through the surface and did an incredible leap. Both Alan and Nima were thrown off when Levi's jaws came right out of the water too. Terry just barely avoided the jaws herself before plunging back into the water.

 

Both humans gasped for air and struggling to get out of the way as Levi's massive tail came out of the water. Both of them tried to swim as fast as they could before the tail came crashing down. Both Alan and Nima were seperated by the massive tail so they struggled to swim together. The vastness of the tank showed just how large the creatures became.

 

Nima and Alan swam as fast as they can towards the edge of the tank. But at the same time it was a vast distance considering its size.

 

The water still boiled as both Terry and the much larger Levi fought. The tank stained red when another animal appeared. This one much smaller and from the looks of it, it was Iggy the opthalmasaurus. The smaller animal came charging towards the two titans and dove. Both Alan and Nima were shocked when the larger Levi broke the surface with massive bite wounds on his side.

 

But looking at Terry the much smaller Mosasaur also sported some grevious wounds. Iggy had some wounds but was mostly unharmed. Both seemed to take on the much larger sea creature. Levi fought both of them till Levi saw the humans. Diving into the water it went after them again and they both tried to swim for the side. Both of them were tired and exhausted. Still Levi managed to catch up to them with his mouth wide.

 

Suddenly gunshots were heard and Levi screamed.

 

Alan and Nima turned to see someone on the side.

 

It was Robert with a gun out. He then whistled waving to them in alarm.

 

They both could not hear him but the could see the gesture. Swimming towards him they both felt themselves tiring. Robert whistled again and this time a large fin came between them as Iggy offered herself to them. Taking hold of her fins they quicky were propelled towards the group waiting for them on the other side. When they got there both Robert and the reappeared Ellie helped them get out of the water. Climbing up the ladder both Nima and Alan managed to collapse on the ground.

 

“Oh my God Alan are you alright?” Ellie said as she gave him a hug.

 

Alan hugged his sister in a past life with all the life he had. Robert then helped them up before nodding to Nima. “Ms. Cruz,” he said to the secret service agent.

 

“Mr. Muldoon it has been a while,” she said between gasps of breath.

 

They gave each other pats on the back while the sea turned red with blood.

 

“What are we going to do about them?” asked Alan looking at the now red tank.

 

“What do you think we are going to do, leave them for now. When we are done with your dinosaurs then we will deal with those three,” said Robert.

 

Alan and Nima both reluctantly agreed and walked away the resulting fighting tore at them. It was enough to know that somehow he had to help.

 

Then Alan had an idea one that would result in something drastic.

 

“Dr. Grant what are you doing!” Robert asked as he saw Alan head towards what appears to be a gate.

 

“What do you think I am doing!” Alan replied as he hit the button.

 

Then putting his fingers to his lips whistled. A small fin headed towards him and leaped up for a breath.

 

It was Iggy as the smaller icthyosaur as she raced towards them. Alan remembering his internship at an amusement park used the hand signal to go towards the gate. Iggy complied and started making her way there. Then a much larger shape started coming as Terry and then Levi both headed towards the gate. Iggy managed to get through first followed by Terry. Levi slammed into the gate being was much too large to fit. That resulted in the tylosaur getting stuck. Alan quickly urged them to head out to sea and they did so. Both creatures disappeared into the open waters leaving the much larger Levi trapped.

 

His companions were shocked then Robert stormed up to him, “Do you know what you just did!” he shouted.

 

“Yep watch,” Alan said and sure enough he whistled. They both came right back and slid onto the shore. They both gave whistles of gratitude to Alan as he patted them on the snouts. Then with a wave of his hand he released them back into the ocean. Both swam off into the dark blue depths leaving the group there to see them off.

 

“Will they attack anyone?” asked Nima.

 

“I doubt it,” Alan replied, “Fossil records found that the Mosasaur preyed mostly on squid, reptiles and large fish while the Opthalmosaurus fed primarily on squid. So they will be fine,” Alan replied.

 

“Well now that, that is taken cared of we need to get going,” Robert said.

 

“Yes we don't have much time,” Alan replied.

 

The only thing they had was time and it was running out. The sun was already starting its descent into the horizon making their time to less then an hour before the ship leaves.

 

“Alright let's go,” said Ellie.

 

Hold on kids I'm coming, Alan thought.

 

 

TBC

 

 

Chapter 19: The East Docks

Chapter Text

 

FIELD LABS, NORTHERN ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

 

It was around evening when Rexy stood up from her nap. She gave out a loud yawn as she looked at the current person sitting on top of her.

 

Tim was busy with the water hose. The heat of the day really had everyone running for cover. As it was the dinosaurs had been panting because of the heat. So Tim, Jessie and Lex who was taking a break from the computers was helping keep Rexy and Junior cool. They used the sprinklers from the tool shed to wet the ground for the larger dinosaurs. Rexy was just about recovered from her ordeal, and she seemed to enjoy having the kids around. Being a dangerous predator she was acting like a puppy when the kids rubbed her belly and scrubbed her down.

 

It was Jessie who suggested a scrub down. Rexy had gotten dirty and full of parasites from the nearby bushes. Leeches and ticks had covered her skin so Lex and Tim having a dog took to picking off the annoyances. Junior not wanting to be left out copied the older Rex. Rexy was used to being tranquilized for such an event. But with the kids doing it without any sedatives felt much better.

 

She laid there allowing the kids to go with some water and some soap to scrub off the dirt and blood from Rexy. Any remnants of feces was long since washed away by the water. Plus it gave the kids some time to get to know the dinosaurs. After eating their fill the day before both of them enjoyed a good bath.

 

“Wow I never figured I would have a very big dinosaur as a friend.” said Lex as she was cleaning Junior's head. The smaller Rex only snorted as she shook off the water.

 

Spitz had joined them as well. Having had baths before it was a good time to get clean. He let his leg out slowly while Jessie took off his bandages and scrubbed him down. His eyes shown their contentment as he purred while being scrubbed. He hooted when she scrubbed his frill and his crests. When he was clean he placed himself on one of the guard rails to dry.

 

Rexy and Junior took longer to do but when they were clean and dry both of them were happily walking off into the bushes. It was rather late so the kids assumed that they were going to hunt. Spitz himself joined them in the hunt having grown hungry himself. The smaller dinosaur hooted to alert them to coming and the larger dino's did not mind. Frankie who was still suffering a wing injury did not join them. He was rather full after eating all those ticks off of Rexy. The Archeopteryx was enjoying his time on Ian's lap. He was contently snoring away and enjoying the fiesta.

 

Ian in the meantime was watching what was going on with Frankie on his lap. He was petting the smaller dinosaur and would occasionally go out to watch the children with the dinosaurs. Never in his life would he imagine going out of his way to help someone who had a hand at chaos theory.

 

And he never would have thought about helping dinosaurs.

 

Frankie was happily laid down the bandage on his wing still in place. Even if he did not want to admit it Ian was glad he went on this adventure. If there was one thing he had learned about these animals is that no one can control them. And they decided who was going to be friend of foe.

 

As he thought this he did not see the intruders that came through the bushes. He saw the larger dinosaurs leave to go on the hunt but failed to see the humans who approached from downwind.

 

They wore camouflage clothing and hid their scent using some of the plants. They came at them from behind. When the did they struck without warning.

 

It was Lex's scream that alerted him. Turning he saw the men rushing in just as Frankie growled low. He gotten behind a table just as glass broke and they came into the room. The children screamed just as they pointed their guns at them.

 

A rather tall man entered with his bulk taking up most of the room in the door. He held his gun up high for everyone to see as he pointed it at the group of children.

 

“Take them!” he said in English and the children started to scream. Ian was too injured to do anything when one of them came around the corner and spotted Ian. Grabbing him from behind he was roughly pulled to his feet.

 

“So we have someone else!” he said and just as he said it Frankie attacked the man's hand.

 

“Ow!” he said as he looked to see what had bitten him.

 

Ian turned around and punched the man in the face with all his strength. The man went down just as Ian was about to pull the gun another cocked right in his face. Frankie leaped up but was grabbed by another man. Spinning his long neck around he bit into the man's hand and clawed his arms. Screaming in agony he held his bloody appendages.

 

Hissing and flailing his feathers Frankie tried to fight back. Ian managed to grab the gun away from the man before he was shot and punched him again. When he got up on shaky legs he pointed the gun at them, but they had their guns trained on the kids.

 

Raising his hands up he let the gun fall as they grabbed him from behind.

 

Dragging him away they pushed him towards the front.

 

“Take them away we got business to attend to,” the man said.

 

The kids and Ian were dragged while Frankie was being held on a cage that was off to the side. Having the cage covered proved to be much as the little dinosaur struggled to get out.

 

“Let's get these back to the boat shall we?” said the first man helping his companions up.

 

“As you say Oscar,” said another man this one holding a rifle.

 

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

The East Docks were full of activity as men from all over poured out to fight off a smaller group of dinosaurs that had managed to get to them. Though it was hard to see the size of the dinosaurs proved one thing.

 

When it comes to pure determination raptors are tenacious. The men shot at them while they raced up the ramp only to get shot by the riflemen on top. They were ferocious as the one in the lead the one Robert recognized as Big One took charge.

 

“I thought Nico killed her,” he whispered. Only when he gotten a good look that he found his answer.

 

These raptors were not his.

 

“What the fuck? How did they get here?” he said.

 

“What do you mean?” Ellie asked.

 

“Those raptors are not ours, either they were escapees that bred or they were from Isla Sorna,” he said.

 

“Or the third option is they were some of the stolen dinosaurs that these men have poached from your island. Either way we can get on the boat and find my dinosaurs,” Alan replied.

 

“Alright stay close these men are clearly armed and dangerous so we should not go without some sort of plan,” Robert said.

 

“I agree but we can use the dinosaurs as a distraction.” Gerry suggested.

 

“Alright, Ellie you and Gerry take the left. Robert and I....” it was then that Alan stopped. When he stopped the others followed his gaze towards the source.

 

Several jeeps pulled up and started to offload their cargo. Men began to shoot at the raptors forcing them to flee into the underbrush. When they came back around they started to attack, but not before one rather large man slashed one of them with his knife.

 

It was the Alpha.

 

Already blinded the larger Raptor attacked with claws out ready for the kill. In her haste to kill the man she failed to see the blade before he managed to slash into her neck severing some arteries.

 

The Alpha went down bleeding to death while the man stood up. The other raptors began to disappear into the bushes away from the murderer of their leader.

 

Alan and the others watched as he pointed a pistol into the Jeep. One by one the hostages they had began to come out.

 

“Shit!” cursed Gerry seeing the kids and an injured Ian.

 

“Damn it!” Nima cursed beside him.

 

They watched as they pulled a cage out containing Frankie. The Archeopteryx screeched and shrieked in anger. They carried the cage with them onto the ship. Ian was limping badly and from the blood trail his stitches had opened again.

 

“Shit that is not good,” Alan said.

 

“The blood alone would attract who knows what from the jungle. We need to move quickly,” Robert replied.

 

All four of them made their way towards the boat. The water was lapping gently while the men quickly began to move. No one went to help move the dead raptor out of the way. The raptor's corpse remained as it was.

 

While distracted all three of them made their way towards the boat. Using the ramps they managed to get on board just as the men were about to call a cast off.

 

 

 

INSIDE THE BOAT

 

Lex, Tim, Jessie and Ian were being pushed into the cargo hold. The first man, the one the others called Oscar came in with a rather small cage. That cage held Frankie in it. Frankie then began to mess with the cage biting and scratching at it.

 


“Frankie what are you doing?” Tim said.

 

Jessie realizing what he was doing lit up, “Do it Frankie get us out of here,” she said to the Archeopteryx.

 

The little dinosaur was busy looking at the way the cage was locked. The men who threw him in there did not know that Frankie was very smart and remembers how to open cages. Using his wing claws he reached for the handle and unlatched the cage. Then he climbed down the crates using his claws. Now the kids are glad he can climb trees. Sniffing around he made his way towards Ian first and began to bite at his bindings. The ropes soon fell after much assault and Ian rubbed his hands.

 

“Thanks pal,” he whispered.

 

Heavy footsteps began to fall and Frankie quickly hid behind Ian. When the door to their hold opened the large man Oscar appeared again. This time he was with the captain of the ship. The children listened as they conversed not posing any threats.

 

We can't leave yet Senor if we do then we will surely smash the ship against the reef. We have to wait for high tide before we can set sail,” he said.

 

When he said it Oscar was finally convinced after seeing the reef first hand. Sighing in defeat he pulled his gun and pointed it towards the captain. “If I find out you are stalling then you are a dead man do you hear me,” Oscar said.

 

 

“Perfectly Senor,” the man said.

 

When he moved away he walked out the door leaving them to Oscar. Oscar turned his eye towards them while looking at the missing dinosaur.

 

“Where is it?” he said to the kids.

 

“I don't know what you are talking about?” said Lex.

 

“Where is the dinosaur,” he said pointing to the cage.

 

“I don't know it got out,” Lex replied glaring at him.

 

Oscar then pulled her hair causing her to scream out loud. “You little shit where is the dinosaur!” he said.

 

Just as he said it something came flying out from behind Ian. Oscar did not have time to wait as Frankie launched at him. He began to claw and bite at his face. Oscar screamed and yelled at him as he tried to swat at Frankie. Frankie screeched as he held on to Oscar's face. His claws make short work of his eyes and nose. His teeth bit down on his cheeks and lips.

 

Oscar continued to scream as Frankie continued his attack.

 

This gave Ian enough time to work off the bindings around his wrists. When he did so he worked off the bindings on his legs. He then took the nearest thing from the side which was a shovel and slammed it into Oscar's head. The man went down instantly leaving an injured Ian to hobble over to the children to work on their bindings.

 

When they were free they suddenly started to run. Oscar was prone on the ground not moving with the shovel right next to him. Lex went right to where Frankie had taken refuge on some crates to retrieve him. The little dinosaur was more then happy to accept Lex's arm. He warbled as he snuggled into her embrace. Lex blushed as they ran down the corridor towards what was hopefully the exit.

 

When they got there however it was blocked.

 

But by not what they expected.

 

 

OUTSIDE

 

 

Alan, Nima, Robert, Gerry, and Ellie were hiding out on the deck of the ship. The many cargo crates that had yet to be unloaded were still sitting on the ship. The crane that was supposed to be used to lift them were no longer there that means that the ship was not offloading.

 

“Now why would a ship not offload any of its cargo?” Robert whispered to them.

 

“I don't know maybe it was some sort of camouflage.” replied Gerry as he pointed the gun at the empty cargo bay.

 

“We have to find the kids first then we can worry about anything else,” said Ellie.

 

“Alright, lets go,” Alan said as he led the way.

 

The group waited till the first group of guards went past carrying bodies of their fallen comrades. Once they were gone the group went towards the inner part of the cargo hold. The stairs leading down did not take them far till they came across a vast room. Once in there they managed to find where they were going by the amount of boxes waiting to be offloaded.

 

Hearing voices and then shouting they followed the sound. As they grew closer they heard the footsteps quickly advance towards them. Bracing themselves against the nearby crates the group was ready to pounce on their would be attackers.

 

What they got instead was....

 

“Ian?” Alan said as he got out.

 

“Dr. Grant? Oh thank God! I was getting worried!” he said as he gave his new friend a hug.

 

Alan hugged Ian back, glad to have a moment with his friend. He was also interrupted by the kids slamming into him and giving him a hug as well. “Dr. Grant, Nima!” they said also hugging the Costa Riccan. Nima who was smiling beside him hugged them back, “Gracias a Dios que estas bien!” She said to them.

 

“How did you get out?” said Robert.

 

“Frankie, he figured out how to open the cage!” Lex said holding Frankie up to Alan.

 

Alan was more then happy to retrieve the Archeopteryx. Frankie cooed under Alan's head and as he saw Ellie warbled his greeting and wanted to go to her too. Ellie was more then happy to raise her arms for him. Frankie all but flew to her and began to preen and lick her causing her to giggle.

 

When he sniffed her he gave an excited chirp and began to screech.

 

“I think he smells Nico on me and is more then happy to smell him,” Ellie said.

 

“We were with Spitz and the Tyrannosaurs long enough. So we need to find the others,” Alan said.

 

“Alright do you know where they are?” asked Robert.

 

“Yeah they are with the other dinosaurs, apparently there are others here besides Alan's group. I think this was a poaching party,” said Ian.

 

“You mean hunting party,” Robert replied as he readied his gun.

 

Ellie and Gerry did the same along with Alan and Nima. Ian who does not have a weapon save for a shovel quickly went back and grabbed the pistol that Oscar had. Jessie grabbed the daggar and the other two were left with nothing.

 

As they made their way towards the main cargo hold. They could hear the many sounds of the animals there. Most of them were screeching and crying to get out. Others were giving mournful noises of dispair. But in the end there were cages upon cages of dinosaurs in their holds.

 

“Holy Shit!” said Gerry as he looked at each and everyone of them. All sorts of dinosaurs were here and many of them were drugged.

 

“What are they doing to all these dinosaurs dad?” Jessie asked Gerry.

 

“I think they were going to use them to sell to the highest bidder.” he said turning to Robert.

 

“Yes, I bet these are some of the stolen dinosaurs. These men are the poachers we were trying to catch,” Robert replied as he neared one of the cages.

 

Something then smashed into the cage screeching and clawing.

 

It was a raptor and it was very angry with how it was slashing at them. Then another dinosaur tried to get them with its tail but the cage it was in was too small. The animal growled low and from the looks of it, it was a stegosaurus. The dinosaur in question was hollering its anger out along with a few others.

 

“Alan...look,” said Ellie pointing.

 

There near the very center of the cargo hold was a group of cages different from the rest. A bunch of reinforced restraints were on one of the animals as it was pinned down. From the feathers Alan knew who they were instantly.

 

“My God Rosco!” he said as he rushed up to his beloved dinosaur.

 

One large eye opened and looked down at Alan as he came near. A deep growl of recognition came along with a coo and a croon. Alan had tears in his eyes as he stroked the snout, “Rosco! Oh Rosco I missed you boy!” he said as he kissed the large animal's snout.

 

A whine came from the cage on the right and Alan rushed to it, “Sarah! Oh Sarah hi girl I missed you too!” he said as a beak came out to greet him. Tank the last one began to bellow in greeting too as she was waiting for her turn.

 

“How do we get them free,” said Alan.

 

“These chains are too thick to move!” said Ian looking at them.

 

“We can't just free them at once it would be chaos,” said Robert.

 

“But maybe we can free Alan's dinosaurs first since you said so yourself Dr. Grant they are trained,” he said.

 

“I don't know if they will listen I mean look at them they are practically starving,” Alan said.

 

“Dr. Grant we will have to risk it hopefully they will listen,” Robert said, but there was doubt in his voice.

 

“Alright we can try but I want everyone to stay back,” Alan warned.

 

Frankie leaped from Ellie towards Alan and perched himself on Alan's shoulder.

 

“Its alright buddy we are going to get you out,” Alan said to him as he found the lock that held the restraints in place.

 

“What do you think you are doing?” said a voice and Alan turned just in time to avoid the bullet to his head. Rosco began to struggle with the pain that was felt by the bullet. A deep growl came from his throat as he fought his restraints.

 

“Now look what you made him do,” said the man and from the shadows it was revealed to be Oscar. His head was bleeding as the blood seemed to seep down his face. Behind him were several men all of them had guns pointed at the group.

 

“You get away from that dinosaur,” said Oscar.

 

They all moved away from Rosco, but not before Nima did something to the locks.

 

Walking way they failed to notice the frozen lock or the fact that it fell when Rosco hit it again.

 

 

Walking away from the dinosaurs they started towards the upper deck. As they reached the upper deck they did not see the broken chains or the fact the cages were opened their locks frozen solid.

 

When they were on deck the many guns were upon them. Then suddenly the sounds of struggling could be heard as a much older voice was heard. To their horror Hammond, Wu, and Ray were dragged out and thrown to the ground. The sounds of squeaking could barely be heard from Henry Wu's coat. So that means the hatchlings were still there.

 

“Since Nedry is dead we had no choice but to take hostages. Mr. Hammond you had graced us with your lovely presence. Now we will ask you this once where is the canister?” he said.

 

“I don't know what you are talking about!” Hammond said.

 

“Well then we will have to deal with your dinosaurs now would we. Such lovely speciemens would make alot of money to the highest bidder. I'm sure Biosyn would enjoy having them around.” Oscar said.

 

“You will not take my dinosaurs!” Wu said getting up and growling.

 

The gun was pointed right at him. Pulling back the release Oscar aimed right at him, “I won't be easy on you Doctor. I can easily find someone who has the knowhow to make new dinosaurs. All they have to do is find the right price and we will make it worth it,”

 

Hammond glared, “No one can replace Dr. Wu he is one of the best we have! Jurassic Park....” he was cut off.

 

“Jurassic Park and your dream is dead Hammond! Don't you get it! Nedry did you in; destroyed your systems from the inside out and now you wil...” he did not get to finish as the ship and the ground suddenly rumbled.

 

Out of the cargo hold several dinosaurs started to stampede at the group. Moving quickly out of the way the dinosaurs made short work of the empty crates as they leaped from the docks towards the shore. The herbivores seemed to swim while the carnivores leaped. In the chaos the ship began to dangerously tilt causing everyone to start grabbing footholds.

 

“HELP!” someone shouted and they found little Tim dangling from one of the rails. A crate fell on his hand but luckily it didn't crush it. The part that caused everyone to panic was the fact that the shock forced the boy to let go.

 

Screaming Tim began to drop much to everyone's horror. The ground was a good two hundred feet and the impact would cause some serious injury.

 

Even if that injury was death with the way his head was facing the ground.

 

Screaming in panic he was not prepared for the sudden appearance of something or the impact of something soft and leathery. Opening his eyes Tim was struck dumb by the fact that he is now on the back of a pteranodon.

 

“GOOD GIRL SARAH!” a voice said and Tim looked down to see Dr. Grant and the others cheering.

 

Tim held on as Sarah the pteranodon swooped back towards the group and landed neatly on the newly straightened deck. With most of the dinosaurs off the boat. The ship was now floating higher then it should. The men who held them captive were nowhere to be seen or were dead.

 

Tim held on for dear life afraid to let go. He however was pulled away by a pair of strong but gentle hands. He fell into someone's embrace and by the smell of sweat, blood and dinosaurs it was Alan.

 

“Its alright Tim its ok,” he said.

 

Tim opened his eyes as he felt something hit his face. A whisling sound was heard as he turned to look at his savior.

 

A large beak greeted him as it gently tried to groom him. Soft whisting noises were made as the creature that saved him crooned softly. Tim looked up at the pteranodon that tried to be friendly. Then without thinking he glomped the creatures beak and petted it much to the creature's delight.

 

“Thank you! Thank you!” he said.

 

“Are you alright Tim,” Alan asked.

 

“Yes, you said her name was Sarah? Does that mean she is a girl?” Tim asked.

 

“Yes, she is a girl and she likes you,” Alan replied.

 

Tim hesitantly reached up after glomping Sarah's beak to pet her. The return croon was all he heard before gunshots were made. Screeching in fear Sarah reared back in alarm.

 

There standing proud over the open cargo hold was Oscar. His arm however was wrapped around Jessie's neck the other had a gun. The others looked in fear as he backed up near the hole in the ship.

 

But just as he gotten closer glowing eyes were seen as Rosco made his appearance. Shocked Oscar let go of Jessie and started firing. Just as he did several more men showed up that survived the stampede to open fire as well.

 

They were short lived as the gate to the East Docks was left open and three new dinosaurs showed up.

 

Rexy the T-Rex led the charge along with Spitz and Junior. The men that were left scattered when she smashed through one of the cars. Oscar was trapped as Rosco came out in all his glory. What remained of his feathers were on his head giving him a princely appearance. The growl that came from his throat was enough to warn of the danger of messing with a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

 

The roar that followed was met with the sound of thunder. It was then that Oscar started to run and running was not a good thing. Rosco angered that someone threatened a child went after him. The full charge left the ship shaking as Oscar ran. Then as Oscar ran he leaped from the ship into the water below. He did not expect for Rosco to follow him into the water.

 

Swimming like a crocodile the large male Tyrannosaur chased him.

 

Alan and the others raced towards the rail to watch Oscar swim for his life. When he got to the main docks he pulled himself up.

 

But not before meeting a pair of clawed feet. Looking up in alarm he was met by none other then Nico who had followed the men here. The growl from the raptor was enough to send him running again. Firing his gun he was unfazed as Nico chased after him. Oscar then tried to hide in the containers but Rosco now emerged from the water roared in fury. The few men that survived ran faster when he appeared dripping wet from the water.

 

After running for his life and hearing the screams from his colleagues Oscar barely managed to escape the first two when he ran into the third dinosaur. This one was Rexy as the female T-Rex came after him with fiery rage. Trying to run again he tripped and met the feet of Nico. As he backed away he was met by the jaws of Rosco who lifted him up and shook him till his innards spilled across the cement.

 

After learning their lesson from eating a human the Tyrannosaurs left him alone. That did not stop the smaller raptors who had heard the commotion to start eating. Nico having known what was going to happen backed away. Throwing the body down Rosco roared in victory.

 

Nico chimed in before running up to Rosco and nuzzling him. The Rex leaned down to also share in the nuzzling. Spitz who came near also joined in as well as Sarah and then the snorting of Tank who slowly joined them from the cargo hold. Alan ran up to them and called to them. Happy to see their father the five dinosaurs were quick to give him nuzzles and croons of welcome. Alan with tears in his eyes as he hugged all of them.

 

Frankie who was on Alan's shoulder also showed his love for them.

 

“Oh my God my babies!” Ellie said as she joined in the hugging. They crooned and rumbled their love for their mother. She cried when she held Sarah's beak and petted Tank. They all got their fair share of attention.

 

It was then that the group of humans joined them and to say that their shock was an understatement.

 

“Dr. Grant, Dr. Sattler?” a hesitant voice said and they all turned to find Mr. Hammond there staring in awe by the dinosaurs.

 

Alan moved away from the group towards Mr. Hammond, “It's alright they are just glad to see us. Mr. Hammond meet the kids,” he said waving his arm around his dinosaurs.

 

The dinosaurs looked at Hammond with curiosity but it was Rexy who broke the silence. Stomping over to Hammond he tripped and fell when she put herself over him. A growl came from her throat and everyone was afraid she was going to eat him. What happened instead was something that would forever shape Hammond's view on dinosaurs.

 

Taking a sniff she turned to look at Hammond with one of her large eyes. Then a low croon that sounded almost like a whine came out before she released a rather large tongue. That tongue slathered Hammond in saliva. She then gently nuzzled him giving a whine.

 

Hammond dumbstruck did not know what to do at the moment. Then as things started to clear up and the shock ended he started laughing. His hands then went up and began to stroke her down much to Rexy's delight.

 

“Mr. Hammond?” this time it was Wu who spoke up with two little heads peaking from his pockets. Tien and Rosie cooed from their pockets as Hammond was reunited with his biggest child.

 

“Oh Rexy I missed you,” he said then he felt Tim and Lex with them also adding to the affection.

 

Robert, Gerry, Nima, Jessie, Ian, Ray and Wu were left on the side lines until Junior made herself known. She headbutted Wu who reached up and stroked the large juvenile. “Oh alright you get some love too,” he said. Jessie laughed as she stroke the younger Tyrannosaur.

 

“Well I hate to burst your bubble but what are we going to do now?” Robert asked.

 

“Now we head back to the Visitor's Center to figure out what we are going to do now?” Gerry replied.

 

“How are we going to get there walk? As you already noticed there are no more vehicles,” Jessie said pointing to Rexy's handiwork.

 

“I can remedy that,” Alan said.

 

He whistled allowing Rosco to bend down low and he hoisted himself up. Ellie followed suit right behind him as the larger dinosaur raised himself up to his full height.

 

“Oh that's right you taught us how to ride dinosaurs!” Jessie said as she stroked Junior. Then she too leaped on, “Come one Dad it is not so bad,” Jessie said.

 

“I've never rode a dinosaur before,” Gerry said nervous.

 

“You can ride Tank she is used to people on her back.” Alan called from Rosco.

 

Gerry moved closer to the Ankylosaur who only munched on a nearby bush. Looking at him and then at Rosco she knew what to do. Keeping still Gerry hoisted himself up on the larger herbivore's back followed by Wu, Ray and Ian. Robert was more hestiant.

 

Just then Nima made herself known behind Jessie on Junior's back. That left Robert with Hammond who was struggling due to his old age to get on Rexy. The larger T-Rex was not used to having people, but after observing the others she tried to copy them. Shaking his head Robert approached Hammond.

 

“Need a lift,” he said.

 

Hammond nodded and so Robert then cupped his hands together and let Hammond hoist himself up towards the back of Rexy's head. Then he himself used the dinosaur's legs to hoist himself up like what he used to do to elephants.

 

“Alright what is the plan Dr. Grant?” asked Hammond.

 

“We will head towards the field labs first since it is the closest. We will rest there for a bit before heading back to the Visitor's Center. There we call for a helicopter to get some of you people home.” he said.

 

“Some?” asked Robert.

 

I am not leaving my kids again so I am staying. Ian however needs medical attention for his leg and the kids need to get off the island. Nima I assume you need to report back to your government right?” he said and Nima replied with a “Si

 

“Well lets get going while the sun is with us, Hammond have Rexy lead the way since she knows the way best,” Alan replied.

 

 

“Alright but how do I do it?” Hammond asked.

 


“I will lead,” said Jessie as she kicked Junior's side, “Come on Junior lets go back ok,” she said the younger T-Rex.

 

Junior then bellowed before she took charge. Alan followed with Rosco and then Hammond followed on Rexy then Tank followed them. The smaller dinosaurs ran ahead to secure the trail. The left behind the wreckage of the East Docks. The ship that was supposed to set sail would not do so for sometime. The cargo was destroyed but the way home was paved for them. This left the island peaceful once again as balance was restored to Jurassic Park.

 

What they did not know however was that things....were only just getting started.

 

 

Tbc

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 20: The End to a Horrible Vacation

Summary:

This is the end of Part 1

Chapter Text

 

FIELD LABS, ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

When they got back to the field labs all was quiet. The sun had already set and the automatic lights had turned on. The dinosaurs were outside enjoying a much needed nap after walking for hours. The humans however were inside enjoying a meal that was made from the supplies in the field labs.

 

“It was a good thing Sorkin kept the pantry full,” said Ian as he ate some much needed hot soup.

 

“Yes, it was a good thing,” replied Ellie as she finished her meal.

 

“Yes, speaking of which what are we going to do now?” asked Wu.

 

“For now we have to get off this island. For that we have to call the mainland and ask them to send for a helicopter.” Alan said.

 

“Already done they would be here tomorrow afternoon around 5 o'clock. So in the morning we should head back to the Visitor's Center and take care of the fine details on how we are going to deal with this?” Hammond said.

 

“How we are going to deal with it? John after what has happened I am not going to endorse your park,” Ian said.

 

“I know you are not and I don't think Dr. Grant and Sattler are going to do it either,” Hammond replied pointing at the two scientists.

 

“If they are not going to endorse it then what are we going to do?” Wu asked.

 

“Well for starters we can't just let all the dinosaurs run amok now can we? What about Isla Sorna?” Robert asked.

 

“Isla Sorna, you mean that place you said that you bred the dinosaurs before shipping them here?” Ellie said.

 

“Yes,” Robert replied.

 

“Well after we settle everything here we can take a look at the alternate facility,” Alan suggested.

 

“We?” Robert asked.

 

“I am not leaving,” Alan replied.

 

“Why not?” asked Hammond.

 

“My dinosaurs need me here; I can't leave them,” Alan replied.

 

Hammond sighed knowing Alan was right the dinosaurs needed him here. As if on cure Nico walked in and put his head on Alan's shoulder. Alan reached up to stroke the raptor while Spitz put his head under his arm. A soft purring noise was made by the dinosaurs.

 

“I can't leave either I mean now that I have Tien with me. How am I going to explain this to Cindy,” Henry said. The said Troodon poked his head out of Henry's pocket and munched on a piece of meat. Rosie was sleeping with the kids in the other room. The little raptor was still too new to all this. Frankie was sleeping with them as well.

 

“I know I sure as hell can't leave I am the head Game Warden for the park. Someone has to make sure the dinosaurs are safe. Besides after this incident I will have to make sure that no one else gets hurt while I'm here,” Robert replied.

 

“I agree, after this no one is allowed to try and take any animals not as long as I am head of In-Gen,” Hammond said.

 

“Now then on to other discussions the endorsement of this park. I for one will not endorse it simply because of the fact that the danger factors presented are very high,” Ian said while the other two agree.

 

“Though I should say it, I figured it was expected,” said Hammond. “I originally intended for the park to be more of a safari park somewhere where the animals have a wider range like those in Kenya or China. But the board wanted something more to attract their attention. They wanted a theme park something that they would make money off of,” Hammond replied.

 

“You mean how they would make money?” Alan said.

 

“Yes, I wanted a biological preserve not an amusement park,” Hammond replied.

 

“Well you can get your wish,” Nima said.

 

“How so?” Gerry asked.

 

“Well my government wanted to have a new nature preserve and thought Jurassic Park would be it. What they don't know is that In-Gen planned on turning it into an amusement park for sometime. So if we told them your proposal I am sure we can work things out,” Nima said.

 

“That is fine we will have to speak to them anyways so we can set something up where no one gets eaten,” Robert replied.

 

“I will stay as well seeing as you need a vet to take care of the animals.” Gerry replied.

 

“What about Jessie?” asked Ellie.

 

“Jessie is heading back to the states after I conclude my business here. After all she is here for a bit because of her mother. I was planning on going back up anyhow just to take care of somethings and take her home. Then I will head back here,” Gerry replied.

 

“Of course Dr. Malcolm will need some medical attention,” Hammond replied.

 

“I will stay just to help out with Dr. Wu and keep the systems running,” Ray replied.

 

“I will ask Lex if she can help with repairing some of the damage that Nedry caused. Well as soon as we get back,” he said.

 

“That should be fine then we can see if we can get the phones back up fully and see how much damage was done to the park,” said Ray.

 

A low rumble was heard outside and Alan had to smile. Rosco was peeking in through the window. He sniffed the window and the group had to chuckle. The Tyrannosaur was wanting his cuddling. Alan smirked as he headed out after putting his dishes in the sink.

 

“Don't worry Al I will clean the dishes for you,” Ellie said over her shoulder.

 

From Henry's pocket Tien made his protests known.

 

“Oh alright you silly thing,” he said and offered another piece of meat.

 

“You know Henry if you want you can take Tien with you. After all he did imprint on you,” said Ellie.

 

“But I thought....?” Henry said.

 

“Henry what you don't realize is that once a dinosaur imprints on you it imprints on you for life. The more you care for Tien the stronger the bond will be. You do have a strong bond with Tien so if possible you can take him home with you. If Cindy accepts Tien then that would be the end of it. If not then well...you could always come back here,” Ellie said.

 

“Well I want what is best for both so I will see if she would accept coming here. Maybe she can work with Gerry since she is a vet too....except with the Military,” Henry said rather sheepishly.

 

“Wait your girlfriend is in the military?” said Ray.

 

“Yeah I told you that over lunch remember?” Henry replied.

 

The others laughed, even when another sound was heard and this time it was Rexy who made the noise. The sleepy dinosaur was laying near the children's cots seeing as she had grown quite attached to them. She snorted the scent of rotting meat came from her stomach, but the children were out cold seeing as exhaustion had overcome them. A happy rumble was heard as she opened her eye and stared at them before closing it again.

 

All was well.

 

“So it is settled then Mr. Hammond along with Gerry and the children are heading back to the States. I am going to the hospital to get some work done on my leg while Nima works with her government to get this place protected.” said Ian.

 

“Well we do know that Tien is proof that the dinosaurs are breeding so we don't have to worry about population control,” said Henry.

 

“Yeah about that Sorkin dumped some stuff into the water....” Ian said.

 

“I figured as much she undid the Lysine Contingency with her mad plan. We will have to do the same with Sorna; Damn Hippie Bitch!” Hammond said.

 

“Now, now John no need for you to get so worked up over a dead woman,” Ian said teasing.

 

“OH come now you were not there when she went on and on about animal rights,” Hammond went on.

 

“Well in a way they do have rights. I mean look at Alan's animals we built his house to include them because they kept destroying his old one.” Ellie replied.

 

The others looked at her in alarm, “Oh that would be a problem,” said Robert.

 

“Well we can convert the Visitor's Center into a more dinosaur friendly place,” said Ray.

 

“That would be an idea,” Hammond replied.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

Alan patted down Rosco the big lug was extra cuddly because of his ordeal. And now that Alan had time to look at him he could see that were are some areas that are badly chafed. The chains that held him down had rubbed his skin raw and from the looks of it dug in too. A whine was heard when Alan rubbed that area knowing that it was painful. Some areas the skin broke and dried blood had leaked from it.

 

“Poor baby,” he said as he checked other areas.

 

Giving the command for Rosco to lay down he began to examine him further. Finding numerous deep cuts and scratches Alan was very worried about a deep wound in his side. In fact other then the protruding ribs his dinosaur showed signs of malnutrition and neglect.

 

 

“Gerry you might want to look at this,” Alan called for the Vet.

 

Gerry came outside and Alan showed him some of the cuts on Rosco's body as well as the deep wound on the side.

 

“Ah shit well the good thing is Sorkin took care of her own dinosaur herd. So let me see if she has any supplies I can use,” Gerry said as he walked towards the shed.

 

Rosco gave a deep rumble of inquisition to Alan and Alan patted his snout, “Don't worry boy he is a friend like the vet back home remember?” he said.

 

Rosco only shook his head in reply. A deep rumble filled him as Alan cleaned off his wound with a water hose. The sound of pain was heard but Rosco was a big boy and big boys don't move.

 

“Easy there big guy,” Alan said patting his side while he did his customary check of his dinosaur's flank. The wound was deep but not all the way to the bone. It was rubbed raw and the feathers that were around it was obviously torn off and bleeding.

 

“Ah here we are,” said Gerry as he came back with some supplies.

 

“I don't have much but it seems that Sorkin did in fact care for her animals rather well,” he said putting down the tools and began to look at Rosco. The T-Rex growled until Alan stroked his snout, “Easy boy,” he said.

 

“Ok, Dr. Grant how do I introduce myself to your animal since you said that he normally does not get Tranq's” Gerry said.

 

“Here come to the front so he can see you,” Alan said.

 

Gerry did just that and Rosco looked at him up and down, “Wow he can see me even when I am not moving!” he said.

 

“Well that is because he does not have any amphibian DNA in him,” Alan said as he patted him down.

 

“Ok then what next?” Gerry asked.

 

“Well approach him slowly and don't look him directly in the eye. Relax your body in a submissive gesture and breath slowly. When he comes up to you breath into his nostrils like you would do a horse. Then wait and see what he does,” Alan said slowly.

 

Gerry did so as Rosco slowly moved his massive head to investigate the new stranger. Taking deep breaths he began to sniff Jerry and a deep rumble was heard.

 

Then a surprise which Alan found rather funny came in the form of a rather large tongue. The tongue slobbered all over Gerry leaving Alan laughing till his ribs hurt. Gerry glared at the paleontologist. When the others came out to see what was up they found a soaked Gerry and a laughing Alan.

 

“Al what did you do?” Ellie asked.

 

“Oh not me Rosco did it. He thought it was funny to slobber Gerry,” Alan replied.

 

“Alan you did the slobbering prank again didn't you?” Ellie asked.

 

“Prank?” Gerry said spitting out spit.

 

“Alan does that sometimes and too bad the kids are asleep,” Ellie said laughing as she felt a beak lean down on her.

 

Sarah whistled a greeting as she wanted to be stroked. Tank was busy drinking when she saw it. The Ankylosaur slowly walked over to Rosco and butted his head with her tail. It was gentle and non hurting but the T-Rex gave a gentle nip in return.

 

“So this was some sort of joke?” Gerry said and as an apology Rosco butted his stomach with a gentle croon. Finally getting it Gerry started to stroke the large massive snout.

 

“Wow it was hard enough to get Rexy to behave,” Gerry said.

 

“Well since I am staying I can teach you how to deal with her,” Alan said as he petted Rosco.

 

“Ok so where am I going to treat?” Gerry said getting back to business. Alan then coaxed Rosco to roll over to show Gerry his hurt leg. Rosco did so as he rolled over and Gerry managed to clean and disinfect the wounds. He also stitched up the deep gashes on his side and put some burn cream along his flanks. Happy for the pain to finally go away Rosco again bathed Gerry in a tongue bath.

 

“Ok boy you're welcome,” he said patting the large predator on the head.

 

He went to check up on Tank to find she had a few sores from the bars. Sarah had some tender spots but she was fine. Then when he was done had gone back inside leaving Alan with his animals.

 

 

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

The sounds of birds and the feeling of something nipping his face alerted Tim to the fact that his dog was not here to wake him. Opening his eyes he was greeted by the sight of a very large snout in his face. Trying not to scream he only relaxed when it turns out to be Rosie the raptor sleeping really close to his face. The baby must have crawled onto him during the night seeking warmth and protection. The raptor was breathing her rotting breath into his face. So Tim gently began to stroke the little raptor even when she opened one large eye and gave a rather cute yawn.

 

He could see the rather puffy start of feathers around her. She looked a lot like a deformed chicken at one point.

 

“Hello Rosie,” he whispered.

 

“Are you finally up Tim?” said Jessie as she opened the door and in her hand was Tien. The Troodon saw Rosie and wanted to be let down. When Jessie put him on the bed both babies started to nuzzle each other and play. They in turn woke Frankie who simply sat on them using his tail as a sort of fan. Both kids laughed as they watched the smaller dinosaurs play.

 

“Tim come on get up we have to get ready to go,” Lex said.

 

Tim only slowly got out of bed handing Rosie over to Jessie while the other had gotten Tien. The two babies were more then happy to return towards their little basket that Henry had made for them. The basket is actually a sling designed to hold the little ones close while traveling. When Tim came into the dining area the others were already eating so he joined in and helped himself to some pancakes. Something he missed immensely as he ate his fill. Rosie started licking his fingers trying to get at the sugary goodness.

 

“Rosie you will get sick if you eat that,” Tim said but it was too late Rosie had finished and was more then happy to snuggle close to him.

 

“Oh boy just wait till it digests then we will have a happy hyper baby,” said Lex as Tien stolen a bacon from Tim's plate.

 

“Hey!” Tim said.

 

Laughing Henry thankfully relieved Tim of Rosie and Tien having finished his own meal, “Alright you two time for your real food,” he said.

 

Both babies snuggled close to their father as he fed them both. Tim saw that it was cute and wished he had a camera.

 

Then as if on cue Frankie made his presence known by landing on Tim's head. He then began to preen his hair much to the boy's protests, “Hey!”

 

“Alright everyone listen up in about two hours we will be leaving back towards the Visitor's Center. I say two hours because the dinosaurs need to feed. So Rosco and Rexy had already made a kill last night so the carnivores are feeding right now. Sarah has yet to return since she has to fish for her food. So once she returns we can start gearing up to head back towards the Visitor's Center. Remember the Helicopter will be here at 5 this afternoon so be prepared to say your goodbyes by then,” Hammond said to everyone.

 

Ray only puffed on a cigarette that he found near the sleeping area. Frankie coughed and hissed at him in protest.

 

“Hey I like this guy spirited for an overgrown chicken,” he said pointing to Frankie.

 

Frankie in turn leaped onto him and climbed up onto his shoulder and bit the cigarette out of his mouth.

 

“Hey! You little shit!” Ray protested trying to get the smaller dinosaur. Frankie leaped and began to run from the room with the smaller thing in his mouth.

 

“Someone catch him before he sets this place on fire!” Ray shouted.

 

Everyone quickly got to their feet trying to catch Frankie as the injured Archeopteryx ran like a road runner across the floor. All the while the dinosaur tried to chew on the cigarette butt. Ashes fell all over the lab and any one of them could light this place on fire.

 

“Quickly get him before he goes in there!”

 

“There he is! He is heading towards the kitchen!”

 

“OH shit not there!”

 

 

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!” a voice said and everyone had a look as if they were caught out in the spot light.

 

Alan Grant and Robert Muldoon entered the main living quarters of the field labs. Both of them looked like they came from the bush with dirt branches and leaves on them. Numerous cuts and sticks coming out of their clothes. It was not till Alan saw Frankie that he understood what was happening.

 

“FRANKIE! GIVE ME THAT NOW!” he shouted and the little dinosaur had his head down in a submissive matter when he came near Alan. Alan bent down with his eyes staring directly at him.

 

“Frankie give me that cigarette! What did I tell you about cigarettes?” he said to the small dinosaur.

 

Frankie bobbed his head like a parrot, “Don't play coy with me give it here NOW!” Alan said.

 

The archeopteryx slowly gave up the cigarette and Alan smashed it to smother it. Frankie tried to save it but Alan only kicked him away. Knowing he was being naughty he tried to lower his head and walk sideways with his wings tucked tightly in. Alan glared down at him for being naughty and the Archeopteryx quickly ran towards Tim to hide behind his legs.

 

“Frankie you know better then to steal things that don't belong to you,” Alan scolded.

 

Frankie laid flat on the ground with his head tucked under his wing to try and hide from Alan's glare. Tim feeling sorry for him picked him up gently and held him close.

 

“There, there Frankie its ok,” he said.

 

After that event everyone pretty much packed up and headed out on the dinosaurs once again. The vehicles that they had all had tires slashed probably by the mercenary group that kidnapped them in the first place. Rosco and Rexy took the lead chasing away any that tried to eat the humans they protected. Junior took up the rear following Tank while Sarah flew overhead. The children sang songs to pass the time while they followed the road back to where they came.

 

It soon was late morning when they finally approached something familiar.

 

The familiar road that led to the East Docks came into view finally. And along side it Spitz began to sniff a the remains of a jeep that crashed into a tree. The flies and the bloodstains were proof of what happened before. The smell alone made them move further down and away from the smelly carcass.

 

Gerry comforted his daughter who rode beside him on Junior. The girl still remembered that horrible night when she was nearly raped by the rather large man.

 

“It's ok Jess,” Gerry said and she leaned back into her father's warm chest.

 

The ride took them towards the tunnels. Spitz and Nico growled low in their throats as they took another road away from the tunnels. Rosco and Rexy followed along with Tank leaving Sarah to fly above while Junior took up the rear.

 

“Oh my Goodness I should have thought of this from the start!” Hammond said as they traveled near the river.

 

There they took a break to get some water from the mountain while the dinosaurs lounged about to rest and cool off. When they were ready to move they moved again across the jungle avoiding the swamps and the giant snake.

 

When they neared the hotels and the resort area it was then that they could see civilization and the looming building of the Visitor's Center.

 

When they got near however it was Rexy who growled low and then roared a challenge. The call back was a ceratosaurus as he charged out of the building. His mouth had one of the rotting bodies of the people who died inside. Rosco followed suit with his own roar along with Junior. Nico and Spitz joined in their warning as the single scavenger ran for his life.

 

“How the hell are we going to clean this up?” asked Ray when they entered the building. The good thing about it is that the dinosaurs had cleaned out the remaining bodies. So they did not have to bury anyone. However telling their families about their loved ones not returning home was something else.

 

“They knew the risks when they signed up,” Robert said remembering their contracts.

 

“Most of the people thankfully had gotten off with the boat. Others...well we will have to deal with that when we have the time,” Ray replied.

 

Hammond was let off of Rexy when the larger dinosaur was near the stairs. The Tyrannosaur sniffed around the area looking for either a meal or threats. Rosco did the same as the only male in the pack. Letting off Alan he proceeded to check outside with Junior remaining behind with the humans. Nico and Spitz left to mark their scent around the building while Sarah flew in and landed neatly on the T-Rex skeleton. She then started to preen herself while Tank was busy with getting some ferns left outside.

 

The humans on the other hand made their way towards the kitchen. By now the food on the table was gone either eaten or rotted away. The freezers thankfully were still on so there was some food left for them to eat. It was Lex who was the first to see the deserts on the table. Taking her time she made a salad and some cake while Tim went for something a bit more normal like the sandwiches.

 

“Better prey they are still fresh,” said Jessie as she ate hers.

 

It was still fresh...cold but fresh.

 

They ate in silence enjoying the feeling. It was only when Lex looked up that her hand began to shake and her lip began to quiver. Both Tim and Jessie turned around just in time to see a dark shape at the mural of the Velociraptor. It was that of a raptor. The door opened on its own to reveal a red head with feathers the children relaxed realizing that it was Nico, Alan's raptor.

 

The raptor in question crept closer to them his head was down and his posture relaxed. His tail was lower then normal but he was staring at them...or more particularly Lex.

 

He made a purring noise as he gotten closer his posture was more subdued as he got on all fours on the floor. The other children thought it was strange to see him like this.

 

“Nico cut that out,” said Alan as he came inside with Nima. Both of them looked like they been through hell.

 

Nico instantly straightened up when Alan came closer, “Lex dear what is that you are eating?” he asked.

 

“Um a fruit salad and a jelly doughnut,” Lex said.

 

“Figures, Nico likes doughnuts and no he can't have any,” Alan said glaring at the raptor.

 

Nico whined as he came closer his eyes taking on a begging notion. “Nico....” Alan warned glaring the raptor whined.

 

“It's alright Dr. Grant I have something else he might like,” Lex said as she pulled out a turkey sausage. She knew it was not cooked which is fine for Nico. She tossed the sausage to him and he caught it.

 

His purr had gotten louder when he put his head near the kids food causing them to laugh.

 

“Alright big guy out you go, go hunt or something,” Alan said and the raptor took off leaving the older man smiling.

 

“How do you live with them all the time?” Nima asked.

 

“Simple, you adapt or get trampled.” Alan said as he reached for a sandwich. Nima did the same and they ate with the children.

 

The rest of the late morning and into midday was spent trying to assess what was wrong with the park. Lex was working with Ray to see what systems she could repair and what needed to be totally revamped. Tim was spending time with the dinosaurs while Jessie was tending to Frankie.

 

All too soon the afternoon came and as the sun began to set towards the horizon. They left the Visitor's Center towards the helipad to await the arrival of the helicopters.

 

Since the Helipad was a good distance away it took about an hour to finally reach the Helipad. It was just on the other side of the resort area near the herbivore paddocks. Once there, a bridge that is much too small for the larger dinosaurs sat in front of them. Everyone had gotten off with their things leaving Alan, Ray, Henry, and Robert behind. Already the helicopters were there waiting for them. There was two in total enough to get everyone off. The In-Gen logo shining brightly on the side meaning that they were company helicopters.

 

“Don't worry guys I will take care of my stuff and be back before you know it,” Gerry said shaking the men's hands.

 

A whining noise was heard and Spitz rubbed his head against Gerry. Patting the dilophosaur down Gerry bent over for a hug. The dinosaur hugged him back much to Gerry's surprise. Jessie who was in tears also gave the dinosaur a hug. Nico who didn't want to be left out also begged for one by Tim. Laughing Tim hugged Nico along with Lex. The larger animals sensing that a good bunch of humans are leaving also wanted something.

 

Rexy and Junior went by Hammond and both gave him a good bath and lots of croons. Laughing Hammond hugged them both, “Oh I am going to miss you girls,” he said.

 

As soon as they finished the group headed over to the helicopter. Rotors began to beat as the ones who were going to stay hugged the ones who are leaving. The kids gave Alan a final hug before they boarded the helicopter. Ian in his strange sense gave him a handshake while Ellie gave him a hug and a peck on the cheek. And finally Gerry shook hands and promised to be back.

 

Once the group was a safe distance away the rotors began to beat more. The song of the brachiosaurus could be heard in the distance as they made their way across the fields. Hammond was reluctant to leave until Alan guided him back towards the helicopter.

 

“I will be sure to tell the Grady's that you are here now,” said Ellie.

 

“Tell Owen that if he wants he can come down for the summer, but only if he has good grades,” Alan said with a smile. It was a summer tradition to let the Grady's come to Alan's dig.

 

“I am sure they will love it,” Ellie said.

 

“I will make sure they can come,” Hammond said.

 

“Oh don't forget to let Liz come too,” Alan joked.

 

“Oh don't worry I will bring the whole gang,” Ellie said and with that the door was shut with the kids yelling, “Bye Alan/ Dr. Grant!”

 

The first Helicopter had taken off and the second one joined them not long after. The roars that filled the air belonged to the T-Rexes as they said their farewell. They were followed by the deep bellow of Tank and the screech of Sarah, Nico and Spitz. Frankie who was with Robert also added to his own farewell.

 

Then Alan had an idea. Racing back towards the others who remained he called for Sarah.

 

 

 

ONBOARD THE HELICOPTERS

 

 

 

The children watched as the world they saw begin to disappear before them. As they entered the clouds and away from the island they could see the herds of dinosaurs below them even some pterosaurs follow them for a time. It truly felt as if they had gone back in time. As the ocean came into view and they reached it the children got to see the two marine reptiles leaping from the water.

 

As if the say goodbye.

 

The smaller form of Iggy could be seen leaping with dolphins while Terry breached like a whale. The island of Isla Nublar started to fade away as the clouds became more prominent. The wind began to pick up as they dropped lower towards the ocean. It was also there that they saw a friend.

 

“Look!” Lex said excitedly. The kids looked out the window as well as Ellie, Ian and Hammond. From the other Helicopter Nima, Jessie and Gerry did the same thing.

 

There just below them was Alan riding Sarah with the now fully recovered Frankie flying alongside. Sarah flapped her wings effortlessly alongside them as she flew. Gliding over the ocean as if she belonged the pteranodon gave them a final screech before she and Frankie turned away back towards the island. The children laughed and waved goodbye.

 

BACK ON THE ISLAND

 

 

Alan had Sarah fly back towards the Visitor's Center where the others were waiting. When she landed she gave a sad whistle, “Don't worry girl we will see them again,” he said.

 

“So what now?” asked Henry.

 

“First we need to get this park back online and then we need to access Isla Sorna and see about their situation there. Once we get that going we can move on from there,” said Robert.

 

“Alright what do you want me and Henry to do?” Alan asked.

 

“Henry will be busy with the little ones and to get that canister's contents back where it belongs,” Robert said. Henry nodded, “As for you Dr. Grant since you are the dinosaur expert here we need you to set up a perimeter around the area to make sure no other animals comes here. We need to make sure this place is safe from anymore predators,” Robert replied.

 

Alan nodded, “Alright so Ray will be the one in the control room,”

 

“Not yet we need to make sure there are no more Troodon or Raptors in the building,” Robert replied.

 

“That can be arranged but we need to do it in the morning right now it is getting dark and I know my animals are hungry...well minus Tank of course,” Alan said pointing to the Ankylosaur who was busy munching on some ferns.

 

“What a way to end a horrible vacation eh Dr. Grant,” Henry joke. Tien and Rosie both agreed as they poked their heads out of his pockets.

 

“An I need to teach you how to properly train and care for you animals,” Alan replied.

 

“Yep an end to a horrible vacation,” Henry replied back.

 

 

THAT IS THE END OF THE JURASSIC PARK ARC

 

 

 

 

Chapter 21: What do We Do Now?

Chapter Text

 

ISLA NUBLAR RESORT

 

 

 

It was already late as the sun had set about an hour ago. The dinosaurs were either hunting or resting. Sarah and Tank were resting in the lobby while Nico, Spitz and the three Tyrannosaurs went hunting. Frankie was on Alan's shoulder enjoying a beetle. He was currently leaning on Tank as the ankylosaur proved to be useful in that regard. After having taken the first floor of the hotel it was thankfully not fully completed like the Visitor's Center and the lobby also opened up into a sort of unfinished garden. The ground was still packed with dirt and vegetation had yet to be cleaned. It was a good thing because the dinosaurs quickly turned it into a nest of some sort.

 

“You know with a little work this place could be some sort of dinosaur sleeping spot,” Alan said.

 

“How would you do that?” asked Henry.

 

“Well if we ask maybe we can redesign this area as a sort of sleeping area. I mean the rooms above here are right in view of the dinosaurs so they feel more comfortable seeing me then I them. Besides since it is still warmer here then back in Montana we can make it so if they need care we can instantly go to them. Plus if there was a major storm it can provide shelter,” Alan replied.

 

It was true the lobby area had a sunroof over their heads. This provided sun, but provide shelter from any raging storms at the same time. It was glass that was for sure but more on the Plexiglas side.

 

“Yeah speaking of that Lex did an awesome job with cleaning up the system back at the control room. Any traces of Nedry's dirty work is completely gone so I can start tracking the dinosaurs from there,” said Ray.

 

“That's good to know Ray! At least we can assess what we got to do to clean up before heading off to Sorna.” said Robert.

 

“I know I tried calling them and managed to get a hold of Lewis before he hung up so we have some time. The company is doing an emergency meeting as soon as Hammond gets back to the states to discuss what is happening. So far they are doing well and everything seems to be in order,” Ray replied.

 

“That's good to know but I would like to also check up on them tomorrow,” Robert replied.

 

“That would be impossible seeing as there is no helicopter to take you there, or boat,” Henry spoke up after putting the two babies back in their nest box. Frankie flew over to the box to be with the babies.

 

 

“We have the boat just no one to pilot it,” replied Henry.

 

“I can pilot the boat Henry but we need the bigger one. Isla Sorna is not exactly what one would call safe.” Robert replied.

 

“Ok why is that?” asked Alan.

 

“Sorna is more of the game preserve. We breed the dinosaurs there so we can ship them here. The more wild they are the better they would have been as attractions or so the board of directors would say.” replied Robert.

 

“I see,” Alan replied.

 

They sat there in silence on the couch of one of the guest rooms. Since the locks are the old fashioned hole and key that lets them in without any problems. So they shared a large penthouse room together. This allowed them to see the dinosaurs from the second floor and be able to monitor their activities.

 

 

“So Henry....” Alan asked looking at the Asian man sitting down in front of him.

 

“Yes?” Henry asked.

 

“I was studying Nico and your raptors the other day and I can't help but ask. Velociraptor Mongoliensis is about the size of a Turkey with the brain power to match. And Troodon is no better so why then are they three times the size of their original DNA donors. Not only that but they are three times as intelligent to the point of problem solving. Now that you are here you can answer my questions,” Alan said.

 

Robert wanted to hear this as well as Ray.

 

Well technically I wasn't the one who originally gave them that sequencing. As far as Nico is concerned anyways. For ours such as Rosie my answer was simple. Since there was so many gaps in the DNA sequence I had to fill it with compatible genomes. The only ones who were compatible were those of birds, amphibians, reptiles, invertebrae and certain mammals. For our Raptors we used the genes of Ravens and cross bred them with other dinosaur species in the same family including Troodon and the much larger Utahraptor and Deinonychus for size. Now for Nico when I did the DNA comparisons I looked for those specific gene sequences and found vast differences. For example Nico is not truly a Velociraptor in fact he is completely different species his DNA has the base genome of a species that has not been discovered yet. As long as I worked for In-Gen I had been able to decipher and sequence over 150 species of dinosaurs so far. Only about forty species have been cloned. Others have not been properly sequenced yet and that takes years of research before we attempted to do so. For the Rexes it took us about five years before we got a varible sample. Your T-Rex is the purest genome we found in any dinosaur. Even Rexy had to have amphibian DNA to help sequence her genes and hold it together. That is why her vision is a little off.

 

Now before we started production of cloning dinosaurs. We bought out another company that already had discovered the means of cloning dinosaurs. I think this was the same company that created your animals Dr. Grant. I based my research off their notes. The scientists who had discovered this method had all merged with In-Gen and they in turn were my professors back in college.” Henry replied.

 

“So Nico as well as the rest of my dinosaurs are some new species or at least as pure bred as any dinosaur around?” Alan said.

 

“That is correct with little to very small changes in their genes.” Henry said.

 

“Well take Sarah for example she is rather large for a pteranodon yet you say she is as pure as they come?” Alan asked.

 

“Sarah from the looks of it has some size adjustments done to her genes but she is a pure Pteranodon just like your Archeopteryx. From what I understand his flight muscles and wing size should not allow him to fly correct?” Henry asked Alan and the man nodded.

 

“Well those are the tweaks. Their size, intelligence and minor adjustments are what makes them different from our animals. So basically yours is as close to the fully bred animals as anyone else. Fuck, even Dr. Sorkin was trying to get a valid genome to purify her animals. But look at what happened to the Troodon. They somehow ended up with insect DNA. Only Tien failed to show signs of the insect genes that Sorkin obviously inserted as a means of an adhesive gene.” Henry said.

 

“Wait, back up adhesive gene?” Ray said.

 

“A gene sequence from an alternative source that is compatible with the base gene. This allows us to repair the gaps in the dinosaur's DNA. Sorkin had used insect DNA to repair some of the missing gaps. The scientists who created your dinosaurs Dr. Grant had used many different samples in order to get the purest genome. So by repairing our dinosaurs with other animals genes we also made them inherit the behaviors of those animals.” Henry replied.

 

Alan now seems to understand where Henry was coming from. If his dinosaurs were indeed of the purest stock and the mention of his raptor, pteranodon and archeopteryx being slightly tweaked then that means that he by far as the purest dinosaur DNA available to science.

 

“So other then the slight tweaking my dinosaurs are the real deal?” Alan said.

 

“Yes, no theme park monsters here,” said Henry.

 

Alan was more then thrilled when the heard this. The sounds of something approaching alerted him to the presence of the carnivores as they returned from a hunt. The bulging bellies of the larger predators shows that they had hunted well into the night. Rosco of course was the first to show himself as he looked through the window. Shaking his head Alan went out to greet his dinosaur.

 

The Tyrannosaur bent down and nuzzled Alan which he cuddled back. “You are such a teddy bear you know that!” he said patting him down. The dinosaur only gave a low croon and a rumble to show he appreciates the cuddles. Blowing air into Alan's face Rosco then settled down for a nap. Shaking his head Alan made his way over to the others but not before getting company in the form of Nico and Spitz.

 

“Oh no you don't you both smell bad go take a bath or something!” Alan protested pointing to the pond just off to the side.

 

Knowing when to leave the two took off towards their larger companion. Rexy and Junior also returned and settled down with Rosco. Sarah only opened one eye before tucking her head under her wing to sleep. Tank in the meantime was busy grooming Rosco which the larger dinosaur appreciates. Alan could only watch before making his way towards Rosco and began to work on grooming the larger dinosaur.

 

Leaning in Rosco allowed Alan to work on his feathers some of which were coming off. He was glad to get those feathers off and leave the ones that were not coming out alone. Those include the ones on the top of his head giving him a look that was just ridiculous. In a way he matched Nico's feather do with it blowing wildly on his head. The Rex was more then happy to have them groomed by Alan as he preened them. Tank busied herself with his legs and tail while Alan got his head.

 

Rexy and Junior were busy grooming each other. Alan worked hard to get all the kinks and bad feathers off of the larger dinosaur. Rosco enjoyed every last bit of it. Then going over to the water hose he went to do his ritual of washing off the blood and grime from his snout. Opening his mouth Alan rinsed his mouth and allowed him to drink.

 

“Wow I hope I have that sort of relationship with Tien and Rosie,” said Henry as he came out of the room.

 

“You want to touch him?” Alan asked looking at the geneticist.

 

Henry he could tell was nervous. The man was good at making dinosaurs but never good at interacting with them. Slowly Alan reached for Henry, “What are you doing?” he asked.

 

“Teaching you,” he said slowly.

 

“You know this seems gay right?” Henry said.

 

“Unless you want me to punch you right now for that comment you will shut up,” Alan replied.

 

The Asian man quickly shut up as Alan reached his hand up to Rosco. Rosco then leaned in and touched his snout to Henry's hand. A low rumble was heard as Rosco leaned in to be petted.

 

Henry was amazed at how rough and bumpy Rosco felt against his fingers. “Wow!” he said just as Rosco gave a nudge to start petting.

 


“Strange isn't it?” said Robert as he too came out to pet Rosco. The male Rex seemed to be beaming with all the attention he was getting. Junior not one to be left out wanted some attention as well so she nudged Henry a little too hard causing him to fall. Alan hissed at the younger T-Rex which made her move back in alarm. Alan knew he had to amend it so he approached the younger Rex he then rubbed her nose to show he was not angry.

 

“So Alan you think we might be able to do something or plan something in the morning?” Robert said.

 

“Yeah when everyone is well rested we should head back to the Visitor's Center to figure things out.” Alan replied.

 

“Good because I really could use some shut eye,” Robert said. Smirking Alan watched him go before turning to Henry who was busy petting Rexy. The female only gave him a lazy look before allowing him close. Having recognize him as her caregiver in her early years the older Rex quietly missed his gentle hands.

 

As the evening went on all four men made their way back into the room. Ray had been smoking outside well away from Frankie who looked like he wanted to steal his pack again.

 

“Don't even think about it you little shit,” Ray said to the smaller dinosaur. Frankie gave a blank stare but then nestled with the babies once again. Giving a yawn he closed his eyes and was fast asleep.

 

As the night went on Robert slept on the couch while Ray took one of the rooms. Alan of course slept on the lawn chair facing the window so the animals can see him. Henry was in his own bed with the little ones next to him. He was the only one to wake ever few hours but thankfully Frankie proved to be a good babysitter and caught insects for them to eat.

 

While Alan slept the sounds of the jungle filled his ears. The mosquitoes never bothered him because of the netting that was put around the patio. But thankfully he was high enough off the ground on the second floor that they never got to him anyway. The sounds of the nighttime frogs and birds however made it known. At least he was not disturbed in the latest. The jungle sounds of the night filtered into the room as they slept. Only accompanied by the soft sounds of snoring dinosaurs.

 

In fact it was very relaxing compared to what was going to happen tomorrow.

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 22: Dinosaur Roundup

Summary:

When Dinosaurs and Cowboys come together and make a baby...just kidding.

Chapter Text

JURASSIC PARK RESORT, ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

 

 

The sound of something breathing and the feel of hot air in his hair is what awoke Alan from his slumber. Opening one eye he was surprised to see large teeth in his wake. Then opening the other eye he was then awoken to the sight of Rosco sleeping soundly next to him. The events of the day before then came crashing down on him and a smile graced his face.

 

The dinosaurs were back and he somehow gotten up in the middle of the night to sleep with them. Alan then snuggled closer to Rosco inhaling his musculine scent which told him that he was again among his children. Rosco’s body heat kept him warm throughout the surprisingly chilly night. It was when someone cleared his throat that Alan opened his eyes fully to see Robert Muldoon up and about with Nico by his side.

 

The raptor had taken a liking to Robert and had offered to sleep next to him to keep him safe. Spitz was on his other side hooting quite happily for finally being together again with his favorite brother.

 

“Morning Dr. Grant I see you have taken to sleeping outside. Is this normal or a result of some nightmares?” Robert asked as he handed Alan a cup of coffee.

 

“A little of the later and good morning to you Robert,” he said taking a sip.

 

It was some good coffee.

 

They were followed by a yawn and a squeak as Henry Wu exited his room with Frankie on his shoulder and the two babies once again in his pocket. At this time the smell of coffee had awoken Rosco who opened on lazy golden eye at them. Looking down at the steaming mug he rumbled contently as he rose.

 

“What was that about?” Robert asked.

 

Alan chuckled, “Rosco loves the smell of coffee. Ever since we lived in Montana and the smell of Rachel’s diner floats up towards the ranch. He loved that smell and even scared a few tourists with his presence. Now Michelle Rachel the owner of the diner often times lets him smell the coffee. Though I will not let him drink it because he tends to be hyper if he did. Never again,” Alan explained.

 

“Ah I see, so what do you do then?” Robert asked.

 

“Well when he smells it he is just content to sit outside and enjoy the smell. After all it is not everyday that you see a tyrannosaurus rex enjoy the smell of coffee,” Alan said when Robert gave him his cup.

 

Alan was grateful as he drank his fill and with some much needed food he was more then ready for the day.

 

Just as the two of them were enjoying their meal. Ray and Henry decided to join them. Ray looked refreshed but Henry looked like he spent the night not sleeping a wink.

 

“Henry are you ok?” Robert asked.

 

“It is Rosie I think she might have gotten sick or something because she is coughing a lot,” Henry said.

 

“Let me see,” Alan replied and the Asian man gently handed over the baby Velociraptor. When he got a good look at her he chuckled.

 

“I think I have just the thing for her,” he replied as Alan stood up and walked away. When he came back he held a rag and placed the baby over his shoulder and began to tap her back like a human baby. Rosie struggled at first till a large burping sound was made and something wet was appearing on Alan’s rag.

 

Rosie looked much happier when Alan put her back down. She ran right back at Henry who scooped her up.

 

“What did you do?” he asked.

 

“I just simply burped her just like a human baby. Sometimes rubbing her belly helps too but in this case she needed some help,” Alan replied.

 

“Oh,” Henry replied.

 

Tien made himself known as he poked his head out of Henry’s pocket. Wanting to be let down Henry then put him down so he could be with his playmate. The two began to tussle.

 

“So we are to try and figure out the park is that right?” Ray said.

 

“Yeah so we need a plan first. After all we need to make sure the raptors are long gone,” Alan replied.

 

“I can contest to that!” Robert replied with a rifle in his hand.

 

“Good lets go,” Alan said.

 

When he gotten out he whistled for Rosco and the T-Rex opened his eye and rolled over letting Alan know he was ready. Giving him a gentle pat down he hoisted himself up onto the dinosaur’s back. Robert, Henry and Ray did the same thing.

 

“Alright boy lets go,” Alan said getting up and Rosco rose from his seat. Sarah who was busy preening also joined them by taking off. Frankie and Spitz joined along with Nico and the other two Tyrannosaurs. The three men held on as Rosco was guided towards the Visitor’s Center. The road was wet because the night before it had rained, but it was clear of debris and other items. Tank was already there munching away at the ferns that started to take over the center when they arrived. As they got there the T-Rex lowered himself so they could get off.

 

Then he proceeded to sniff the area before going out to mark his territory. Rexy joined him leaving Junior to watch the building with Spitz. The dilophosaur took no chances as he and Nico went about securing the area. The three men watched as they barked and chirped to one another. Alan rolled his eyes at their antics before they returned to bark an all clear.

 

“Do they really have to do that?” Ray asked.

 

“Well at least it is better then being dead now isn’t it,” Robert replied as they made their way to the control room. When he got there he quickly went for the nearest computer and started booting it up. Nico the raptor began to sniff around the control room. Checking the vents to make sure that there was no signs of the Troodon. Nico and Spitz sat down near the door to keep watch for the raptors.

 

Henry took this time to get to the labs to get something for the babies to eat. The little ones now moving more on their own now followed him into the sterile room.

 

“Alright let’s see what we can find,” Ray said turning on the systems.

 

When the systems were fully booted the map of Jurassic Park was shown. It gave them the layout of all the animals and the paddocks. Some of the fences were still down due to the storm but most remained intact.

 

“Ok looks like we got some damages here and here,” he said pointing out to the area’s that were showing red. The T-Rex Paddock was one of them. The Triceratops Paddock was another one along with the raptor pens and the Aquatic Area which after Lex had hacked her way into it had shown up on the map.

 

“So what are we looking at here?” Robert asked.

 

“Well we need to start taking down the fences which won’t be no easy feat I can tell you that. I can start right now by cutting off the power and then opening the doors if that is what you wish?” asked Ray looking at Alan and Robert.

 

“Isn’t all the fences down?” Alan asked.

 

“Not all of them if we are going to make this work we need to take down the fences, but we have to wait for Hammond’s approval first,” Ray replied.

 

“Oh right the legalities of reconstructing the park,” Alan replied.

 

“I hate that part,” Robert replied.

 

The door opened behind them as Henry entered with the two hatchlings. Both of which were squeaking up happily to be with their family. Rosie was the first to enter being the oldest and went to Nico followed by Tien. Henry closed the door behind him and locked it to make sure no Raptors can get through. Nico happily greeted the little ones and he was joined by Spitz and Frankie.

 

 

“Alright so what else is happening?” he asked.

 

“Well I can shut down the fences as I said but how do we contain the other dinosaurs?” asked Ray.

 

“Oh leave that part to me,” Alan said.

 

“What do you mean?” asked Ray.

 

“Well they are already out of their paddocks so the fences are useless. Shutting them down would be for the best. As for taking them down like you said it would take some time but we can manage. The only thing I am worried about is the dinosaurs going into places they shouldn’t,” Alan said.

 

“Like the two sea monsters you let loose the other day,” Robert replied.

 

“Yes but look at the buoys here and here you put tracking modules on them right?” asked Alan.

 

“Yeah but it was not for sea monsters it was for boats and subs,” said Ray.

 

“Subs?” asked Henry.

 

“Submarines, the United States Navy uses these ocean routes to cross the equator. It is for the mainland to track where the vehicles are going. But since we let those two out we can use them to track the animals and where they are heading and at what depth,” Ray replied.

 

 

“Good, how many of them we have?” Alan asked.

 

“All over the island they are also used to track volcanic activity too. Since Mt. Sebo is an active volcano it serves as the perfect place for the dinosaurs,” Ray replied.

 

“Alright we got that settled. How are the land animals, and what is the tracking of the herbivores?” Robert asked.

 

“Well the herbivores seem to keep mostly to the central valley I figure that is where the water is at. However it is the herd animals that I am worried about.” Ray replied.

 

“Herd animals...you mean like sheep and cattle?” asked Alan.

 

“Yeah we keep them here to ensure that the carnivores get their fill. We don’t just give Rexy goats that won’t even fill her up. We usually give her a nice fat cow at the end of the day. But now that the fences are down they must have gotten out somehow,” said Henry.

 

“Henry you idiot the fences are down so they broke their way out,” Robert replied.

 

“Oh,”

 

“So how are we going to get them back into their pen?” Ray asked.

 

“Well check the cameras around the pens to see the condition they are in,” Robert asked.

 

As soon as he said it Ray typed in a few keys and to their horror the pen was completely destroyed. There was blood and gore everywhere but the good thing was that a lot of hoof prints means that the animals had gotten out. The bad news is the shapes of the footprints on the ground.

 

“Raptors,” Robert said.

 

“How do we deal with this? I mean even if we do get them back. Keeping the other predators away from the herds is going to be difficult,” said Ray.

 

“What is the inventory of the herds before the attack?” Alan asked.

 

“About seven hundred cattle, five hundred goats, four hundred sheep, two hundred pigs and twenty one hundred chickens, ducks, turkeys and geese,” said Ray.

 

“So basically you had a whole farm here?” Alan replied.

 

“Yeah basically, self sufficient it helps that we breed the animals it makes it easier on costs. Spare no expense into their care but we had problems in the past with Prions but that was dealt with. We made sure of it because it nearly costed us our animals,” Ray replied.

 

“Well you said they are here?” Alan asked pointing to the projection on the screen.

 

“Yes that’s right near the central valley, but the area that they are in is away from the main herbivores. It is too close to the swamps for my liking,” Ray replied.

 

“Yeah you are right and a little too close to that area where we encountered the Herrerasaurus,” Alan said.

 

“Well we need to get them back if we are to stay self sufficient. Or else we are in big trouble,” Ray replied.

 

“How many were used to feed the dinosaurs and how many were used to feed the guests?” Alan asked.

 

“Oh most went to the animals and a small percent to feed the guests if the park opened,” Ray replied.

 

“Alright we need to do a count and herd them back towards the pens. Do you have a spot in mind we can hold them in till we can get that fence fixed?” Alan asked.

 

“How about the juvenile holding area here?” Robert said pointing towards an open area of the map where it was marked Juvenile Dinosaur Holding Area.

 

“That will do,” Alan replied.

 

“So how are we going to get those animals into the pens?” asked Robert.

 

“The old fashioned way; cattle herding,” Alan replied.

 

 

 

SOMETIME LATER

 

 

“So why are we out here?” asked Robert?

 

He was currently on top of Sarah as the Pteranodon circled overhead. It took some getting used to as Alan had to coach him on how to ride the larger animal. Sarah at first did not let him on and proceeded to try and spear him with her beak. But after some coaxing from Alan, Robert was able to ride. To say the ride was breathtaking was an understatement. It was amazing to see the world from the eyes of the pteranodon. Leaning over he spotted the herds.

 

We are here to herd the animals into the new pens,” Alan replied on the headset that he had given Robert.

 

Oh I don’t remember doing this back in Africa,” Robert replied.

 

Oh please don’t tell me you never herded cattle before?” Alan said jokingly.

 

I had,” came Ray’s voice.

 

“You? I’d never thought of you as the rancher type,” said Robert.

 

Grew up on a Ranch. Used to help my dad all the time with the herds. The only reason why I am here in the control room and you are out there riding a pterosaur is because you don’t know how to work the operating systems. I do, and Henry is useless in that area as well. So when this is over we are going to have to fix that,” Ray replied as Robert spotted the herd.

 

Ok I see them now they are grazing about the south side of the ridge near the watering hole. And it looks to be full of herbivores…..wait I see them; Herrerasaurus there is a group of Herrerasaurus near the cattle herds.” Robert replied and tapped Sarah on the side like how Alan showed him and the pteranodon circled the area. Flapping her wings and catching a thermal she soared over the herds.

 

 

 

ON THE GROUND

 

 

Alan Grant watched Sarah soar over the herds. She and Robert were well out of range of the herds detecting them. Right beside him were Nico and Spitz both of them were ready to go. Poised for the run both dinosaurs had been trained to wait for Alan’s signal.

 

“Robert do you see where exactly the Herrerasaurs are?” Alan asked.

 

Yeah, they are near the east side of the ridge close to the watering hole,” Robert’s reply was clear.

 

“Alright so if we can herd them west then turn them north that should help us,” Alan said.

 

Alright let me know when you are ready?” Robert said.

 

“You can stay up there as the lookout let me and the dinos handle the rest,” Alan said.

 

Rodger, that will do,” Robert replied.

 

“Alright guys are you ready to get back to work?” Alan said patting Rosco’s feathery hide.

 

A deep rumble was all that he heard as they made their way down the ridge towards the herds. The smaller dinosaurs taking the lead while Rosco came from the rear. Keeping downwind they made their way through the trees. Alan was surprised that someone as large and as heavy as Rosco could move so silently through the jungle. Then he remembered that when hunting the T-Rex does not put as much weight in each footstep.

 

Rosco also kept his head down. The remaining feathers on his body along with his skin patterns underneath help in camouflaging him against the foliage. When he was walking all he could see was trees but he trusted his T-Rex. The other two kept up just a little ahead exchanging small chirps and whistles.

 

The old goat trail they followed helped them as they neared the area the herd was grazing.

 

Alan signaled the two smaller dinosaurs to circled from the right while he circled from the left. When he lowered his hand Rosco let out an enormous roar as the cattle turned and started to stampede. Rushing out of the trees Nico and Spitz gave chase along with Rosco. The herd started to head towards the w ast. With a quick turn and a snap at some rear ends the cattle was herded towards the North.

 

Alan egged Rosco on as the T-Rex ran to keep up with the herd. Unlike Rexy who was a bit out of shape Rosco was built for endurance. The T-Rex had spent long hours herding cattle back in Montana and it showed with his leaner more muscled form. The raptor and the dilophosaur too had the same build for the smaller sheep and goats and would help Rosco with the cattle too. Flashing his frill Spitz scared the herd to stay close together.

 

 

Robert watched amazed that the three dinosaurs coordinate the run with him watching. When he looked again he noticed the Herrerasaurus starting to head towards the herds too.

 

Alan watch it you got company,” Robert warned.

 

“Alright thanks,” Alan said and whistled.

 

Spitz heard the command and herded the animals away from the carnivores at the same time giving them a glob of venomous spit. Another predator came from the side and tried to latch on to one of the cows this one a large female. This time Rosco who came from the rear bit into the nearest one and shook it till it was dead before eating it.

 

Alan shook is head as the large dinosaur then started going back towards herding the cows. The one who was injured managed to make its way back to the herd.

 

 

As they started along the road it was at this time the cows started to get used to the large carnivore and the smaller dinosaurs as well. That and exhaustion from being in a state of panic did not help either.

 

The exhaustion from constantly running now has them going at a trot which suited the predators just fine as they herded the cattle down the road. They followed the roadway towards the holding pens. Using Roberts directions Alan had the dinosaurs herd the cattle towards the holding area for the juvenile dinosaurs.

 

But easy was not to last very long.

 

A barking call was heard and suddenly Rosco screamed in pain. Alan was nearly thrown off as a raptor appeared from the bushes. This one was followed by another as Rosco rears again and called for help. The herd was forgotten as Nico and Spitz both screeched as Rosco tried to shake off the raptors on his back. Alan turned around and tried to hit one of them when he felt teeth go in to his shoulder.

 

Screaming in pain he was ripped out from his seat on Rosco and thrown towards the ground. Getting up and looking at his bleeding shoulder he looked up just as one of the raptors came down on him. Taking his hunting knife he tried to stab the raptor which he identified as Big One. She bit and tried to claw him.

 

Then a screeching came from the air as Big One reared in pain. Alan looked up through pain filled eyes to see Sarah taking off with Robert on top of him. Screaming in anger Big One then turned back to Alan. Just before she leaped though a pair of jaws came down on her as Rosco lifted her in the air and threw her into a tree. Rolling on the ground Rosco dislodged the other two raptors before standing over Alan to defend him. Nico and Spitz also stood near their father to defend him.

 

Big One leaped from the bushes hissing along with the other two raptors in their pack.

 

“You just don’t know when to die don’t you?” Alan said.

 

Nico growled low with his teeth fully bared and his feathers fluffed up to their fullest. Spitz copied him with his frill fully extended and his mouth agape. Rosco roared in rage at the raptors. The last remains of the pack came at them and this time Rosco was ready as he swung his tail out and swatted another raptor. Then another sound was heard and the Herrasaurus came at them smelling the blood of the raptors.

 

Racing towards them they joined the fight but not before Alan rolled out of the way just in time. Reaching down he found his rifle in the grass. It had fallen off when he was thrown off of Rosco. He grabbed it just in time to shoot the nearest Herrasaurus in the head. The dinosaur fell down with a bullet wound to the skull. Another tried to grab him but was seized by Rosco.

 

Rosco gave a very loud call into the sky just as he swung his leg out and kicked another Herrasaur into the trees.

 

One of the raptors leaped onto Alan’s back and Alan rolled to dislodge the raptor. The raptor rolled again and this time when he looked up it was Big One. This raptor was badly wounded with blood coming from deep wounds on her side. But her eyes shown with the madness of an animal that is out for revenge. Staggering to her feet she charged Alan. Alan had his gun out but Big One grabbed onto the gun and broke it in half with her jaws.

 

Slashing Alan across the stomach he luckily moved away from her in time and it only tore his shirt.

 

 

A screech was heard from the sky as Sarah came and added her claws to the fight.

 

With a quick strike Big One went down but not before screeching at Sarah. The pteranodon screeched her own insult at the raptor.

 

Alan was at least smart enough to pull out his hunting knife just as the raptor came at him again. She was determined to finish him off. Just as she was going to jump on him however Rosco came to the rescue and once again bit down on the raptor. This time shaking it before his jaws tore her in half.

 

Just as he swallowed Big One down the Herrasaurs or all that was left of them fled leaving the remains of the raptor pack and a lot of bodies.

 

A screech was heard as Sarah came for a landing. Robert disembarked as he ran up to Alan.

 

“Alan!” he called as Alan struggled to get up. Suddenly a large snout appeared as Rosco offered his assistance.

 

Thanks buddy,” he said patting him down. A deep rumble was heard from the T-Rex and Alan looked at his side. It was covered in deep gashes but most of it was just feathers that has fallen off. It has saved his life.

 

“Well there is a use for those feathers after all,” Alan joked.

 

Nico and Spitz returned to them Nico supported deep gashes along his face and sides and Spitz had a few on his belly and along his head and tail. But they will heal in time.

 

“Alan that was sudden I never figured the raptors would resort to such tactics!” he said.

 

“They set a trap with the herd as the bait.” Alan said as he leaned on his leg. A shooting pain was felt as he winced.

 

“Oh fuck that looks painful let me look at it,” Robert said as he examined the leg. It was badly twisted in such an angle that it might be broken.

 

“Fuck!” Robert said as he quickly went to get something to splint it with.

 

Nico and Spitz were quick to get alongside Alan and use their bodies as crutches. When Robert returned with some vine and some branches he fashioned a quick splint on Alan’s leg.

 

“Get on the radio and tell Ray that we had an encounter with the last of the raptor pack,” said Alan as he looked at his now destroyed radio.

 

Will do,” Robert said as he radioed Ray from Sarah’s back.

 

The other two dinosaurs began licking the scratches along Alan’s face and he let him. It would give them a minor belly ache but they don’t care. Right now they care about each other and this sort of thing helps with asserting pack. Rosco was busy with his own wounds and it was then that Alan noticed the deep cuts along his face.

 

“Don’t worry boy we will get those fixed,” Alan said and Rosco nudged him gently.

 

A deep rumble was heard as the trees parted. Rexy and Junior came through following Rosco’s call for help. The T-Rex came to them and rumbled a greeting. This was followed by licking wounds and getting everything settled.

 

“Alright we have to get those animals now that the raptors are dealt with,” Robert said.

 

“Yeah but who is going to do it I mean Henry sure as hell can’t maybe trade you for Ray?” he asked.

 

“No, Ray has to run the systems and Henry has the babies to worry about. We have to finish this Robert. Now that the raptors are gone we can track the herd and hopefully get them going. But first I have to gather some herbs. Those wounds on my dinosaurs are deep. Thankfully Nima helped me with plants,” Alan replied.

 

“Alright what should I look for?” he asked as Alan carefully sat on a rock.

 

“A dark purple berry take Spitz with you he knows the plant,” Alan said.

 

Alright what will you do in the meantime?” Robert asked.

 

“I will be at the river the dinosaurs need to drink and I need to wash off these wounds before they get infected,” Alan replied.

 

“Be careful the snake is still there along with the croc,” Robert replied.

 

“Alright will do,” Alan said as Robert got up to search. Alan nudged Spitz and the dilophosaur followed him into the forest.

 

Rexy made her way to Alan and sat down providing him with some shade.

 

“Thanks girl,” he said to the larger Rex. Junior moved into the woods behind Robert probably to help protect him as well.

 

Alan leaned on Rexy and the female only rumbled to him. He patted her down and was rewarded with friendly nudge.

 

“Thanks girl,” he said to her.

 

Slowly she got up again and she disappeared back into the trees again. Alan watched her leave probably to go back to the Visitor’s Center maybe to check up on Ray. He does not know with the large female. She is untrained and she is just now exploring her options.

 

While he watched her Rosco took this as a good time to lean down to let Alan get on. Using his small forelimbs as a hoist Alan eased himself onto the large predator again.

 

Yeah I know big guy. Let’s go find some water boy,” Alan said to Rosco.

 

As if understanding him Rosco called to Nico and the two made their way towards the smell of water.

 

The nearby river in the valley was gushing and full of life as they found the herd there grazing. The sarcosuchus was laying down on a rock with its mouth wide open and enjoying the sun. The titanoboa was nowhere to be seen. But Alan had a suspicion that it was foraging somewhere.

 

Rosco looked around before wading into the water for a drink. Alan slowly gotten off of the giant while he went further in to wash himself. Nico joined him as he started splashing water on himself to cool down. The heat of the day was a bit much. Alan had gotten wet just by the dinosaurs splashing themselves on him. He was surprised that the water was so clear after all this time.

 

As he washed his face and hands he saw for himself just how cold the water was. It was cold to the touch and looking towards the mountains he could understand why. Isla Nublar’s rainforest traps moisture from the air as well as the rains that frequent the island. So doing so traps water and that water runs down the mountains from the springs in the mountains. But that is not all.

 

The volcanic activity from the volcano helps to heat the water and sterilize it from pathogens. This and the fact that it flows down from the mountains helps to cool it and make it drinkable. Taking his canteen he filled it with water from the river and doused it on his head. He felt his face cooling instantly. Rosco shook himself as he and Nico emerged from the water cooled down and feeling a lot better.

 

Alan laughed as they dripped on him and helped him into the water. Easing his leg he managed to cool the burning pain that was erupting from his now swollen ankle. Dipping lower into the water he let the blood flow from the wounds in his shoulder. Opening his shirt he was surprised to see that puncture marks on his shoulder and how deep the wounds are. The water felt good to ease the swelling and clean his wounds he felt his face instantly relax.

 

A shadow flew over him as Sarah flew overhead and dove into the water. Splashing herself she began to bathe. The saddle was wet but Alan didn’t care. He designed it to be waterproof. The radio equipment was safe in a waterproof bag on her back. As she splashed herself with water she was cleaning and cooling herself at the same time.

 

Getting up she managed to make her way out of the water towards the rocks to dry off.

 

She then wondered a little too close to the sarcosuchus but the larger lizard only hissed and opened its maw in warning. Sarah made her way back towards her family and safety. The large crocodile only yawned before it slowly made its way back into the refreshing cool waters of the river. As it swam away the family only allowed themselves some time to cool down. It was then that Alan finally gotten a better look at some of the wounds his dinosaurs sustained.

 

Nico’s wounds were rather deep that was for sure and would require stitches. Thankfully he was trained in field medicine so he could handle his animals in the field. The vet center should have the supplies he needs to help with healing.

 

“Alan!” a voice said.

 

Alan turned and found Robert had returned with Junior and Spitz. The larger dinosaur had given Robert a ride while he held a bunch of berries in his shirt. The now shirtless man dropped next to Alan with the berries.

 

“Are these it?” he asked.

 

“Yeah and I see you got some other plants as well,” Alan said.

 

“Well I recognized some plants they had from a book I read while on break. These will help the dinosaurs stop bleeding,” he said.

 

“Alright let me up,” he said and Robert helped him to his feet.

 

Whistling he called over Nico who took the worst of the damage and patched up his wounds. The raptor was grateful for the medicine as he purred his content. Rosco came next with the deep gashes on his sides and then Spitz. Sarah seeing some of the berries wanted to help and used her beak to reach deep into the wounds on Rosco’s flank. The Rex did not like the pain but the pteranodon was too quick for him. She then landed on him and started with his wound again with the medicine. Rosco growled but Alan’s hand on his flank soothed him as he rubbed more of the berry mixture onto his nose.

 

“There you go boy its ok the medicine helps,” Alan said to him.

 

Rosco only rumbled as Alan applied the salve to his wounds and then rubbed him down. A soft whine was heard from Rosco as he let Alan hold his snout.

 

“I know boy, I know,” Alan said to him. Nico and Spitz also wanted reassurance as they too rubbed against Alan. Sarah leaned in to for her attention and Alan rubbed her beak as well to show her all is well.

 

Then getting onto Rosco he felt himself being lifted.

 

“Alan are you sure about this? I mean we can try again later when you got some treatment,” Robert said worried.

 

“I know but we have to do this now. If not then the predators will get to the herds,” Alan replied.

 

“Oh alright then but when we get back I want you to get Henry to look at those wounds. He does have medical training after all,” Robert replied.

 

“Alright I will,” Alan replied as Robert climbed back onto Sarah.

 

The Sarcosuchus came flying out of the water just as they left and latched onto a bull that drank from the river. The group paid no attention because in a sense it was a sort of payment for letting them use the river.

 

They started herding the animals again and this time there was no attack by any other predator. With Junior there to help them Alan had the herd on their way towards the juvenile pens. The mooing of the cattle allowed them to herd them towards where they should be.

 

It did not take them long to get them into the pens that they should be in. In fact the juvenile pens were large enough for the cattle. The sheep did not take them that long as well finding that they did not stray far from their original holdings.

 

But the goats were another matter.

 

Alan had to switch with Robert on Sarah to get the goats.

 

They had somehow made it up a cliff and had gotten stuck. But thanks to Sarah herding them down they managed to get them back into the pens. That left the poultry birds. The chickens were were nearly a lost cause if not for the fact they were in small cages for egg laying. Alan knew that some of them were dead because the bodies that littered the area and the stench was all the evidence he needs. The culprits were sitting on top of the cages trying to get at the chickens.

 

Get!” he said at them and fired from his rifle. The little dinosaurs ran afraid of the loud boom. Spitz and Nico chased them down and Sarah even enjoyed the chase of the little ones. She even managed to catch a few as they leaped to escape Nico and Spitz.

 

Sarah enjoyed that feast and the chickens that were left were panicking. Alan and Robert had to carefully gather the last remaining chickens which were only a few dozen and take them away from their holding area. The cages they had luckily were portable so they could be transported.

 

Now safely onto Rosco’s back they made their way towards the ducks. Only three ducks remained all of them babies. The turkeys were gone and all that was left was a bloody mess of feathers.

 

“Fuck!” Robert said.

 

It was later that day they returned to the Visitor’s Center where Henry had them take a shower before checking on Alan’s wounds.

 

“Well you were lucky that your shirt took most of the damage. But that ankle of yours is definitely broken,” he said looking at an X-ray from the vet center.

 

“Fuck!” Alan cursed.

 

“Don’t look at yourself this way Dr. Grant. We did not know those raptors were waiting in a trap,” Henry said. Alan could only stare at the pictures of his legs while petting Frankie at the same time. Tien was active since it was nearly sundown but Rosie was sleeping having fed already.

 

Well Rosco and the others took care of them,” Alan replied as he fixed his new cast. Nico and Spitz were curious about the cast as they had seen it before with the dinosaur digs.

 

“Go away you two you are being pests!” Alan said and he playfully shoved Nico away. The raptor only shoved his snout in Alan’s face before Alan’s hand found the tip of his snout.

 

“Out Nico,” he said and the two left.

 

“Well it is a good thing I know a thing or two that is how I got Ian treated before they could evac him to the mainland. But you will have to let a professional doctor look at that Alan,” Henry said.

 

“Ah fuck me,” Alan cursed.

 

LATER THAT NIGHT

 

The Visitor’s Center was quiet as Robert and Alan sat while Henry and Ray cooked. Robert wanted to help but Ray insisted that they had been through enough. The other two men cooked and surprisingly Henry knew a thing or two. He made them some soup with some roast chicken and vegetables.

 

“Alright so what do we got?” Ray asked.

 

“Not good,” said Robert.

 

“Oh and how bad is it?” asked Henry.

 

“We only have less then eighty heads of cattle, two dozen goats, about fifty seven sheep, ten chickens, three ducks, no turkeys and the gardens are nearly destroyed,” Alan replied.

 

“Fuck!” said Ray.

 

“Our supplies are not going to last us without a new shipment. How long is it till the boat returns...if it returns?” asked Robert.

 

The boat should be back three days from now... that is if the board of directors does not change its mind,” said Henry.

 

“I sure as hell hope not!” Robert said, “Four men are not enough to take care of all these animals alone!” as he sat down he grunted at the other two.

 

“I should make a report to Hammond to let him know of our situation. The board will want to know about this as well and we still need to see about Sorna,” said Ray.

 

“Fuck I forgot about Sorna,” Robert said.

 

“Ok, let’s think. I currently have my animals watching over the herds to make sure no predators can get to them. We need to seal up the cracks that the compys are getting into. If that is what we are planning. Then we have to find a permanent home for the herds,” said Ray.

 

“Yes, because those pens are not suitable for them for long,” Henry replied.

 

“Well until we have a more permanent place they are not moving,” just as he said it Rosco could be heard roaring in anger at something.

 

“Oh shit what now?” asked Robert.

 

It was also then that Alan noticed the absence of the other two as well as the Tyrannosaurs. From the sounds of it a large fight was taking place and the four men quickly ran out with rifles in their hands.(or hobbled in Alan’s case)

 

Running towards their destination they spotted Rosco fighting off a Ceratosaurus while the other two were facing off against a group of troodon. Rexy lucky enough was there to help fend of the larger predator. With his tail just between his legs the Ceratosaurus ran after being clawed and bitten by the two larger predators. When looking back Rosco supported larger wounds from the claws of the Ceratosaurus and Rexy had deep cuts along her flank. Her snout also had deep wounds from when she was fighting the raptors earlier.

 

“Ah Shit look at you two, you look terrible!” Robert said as he went to inspect them.

 

“So when is Gerry supposed to come back?” asked Alan.

 

“Not for two more weeks said he has to file a bunch of paperwork for Jessie,” said Robert.

 

“Shit!” Alan cursed.

 

“Do you know any other vets that can help until he comes back?” asked Henry who finally joined them.

 

It was then that Alan’s eyes lit up, “You know what….I do,”

 

 

 

 

AN HOUR LATER

 

You want me to do what?” said the voice of Jessica Grady on the other line.

 

“I want you and your family to come to Costa Rica and help me with the dinosaurs for two weeks if that is possible?” Alan asked.

 

Well the earliest answer I can give you is tomorrow. I have to clear it with the clinic first but we shall see,” said Jessica on the other line.

 

“It will do the kids good to see a familiar face and plus didn’t Owen want to see them again?” Alan asked.

 

Yeah he did, and they got break coming up so it will do them a world of good.” said Jessica.

 

“Alright I will see you if you come down,” said Alan and hung up the phone.

 

Looking across the control room he saw Ray Arnold on the phone with Hammond about getting the Grady’s over to the island. After a few more words then the phone hung up.

 

Alright everything seems to be cleared up with the higher ups. They couldn’t find anyone else to fill in Gerry’s shoes and so this Jessica Grady you said can help. They said she has to go through the proper clearance first but I already cleared it with them. As far as kids go the rest of their family is fine,” Ray said.

 

“Thanks Ray,” Alan said.

 

“No problemo after all you guys did save my ass there. So now that we have that fight settled we need to figure out a way to keep those animals away from our livestock,” Ray said.

 

“Already done it,” said Robert.

 

“Really? How?” Ray asked.

 

“We had the Rexes mark their scent around the pen. By marking their scent only the most daring predators would come into the pen. The others would stay out. This should protect the cattle what ever is left. The chickens are under the close eye of that bird of yours, and because there is a stream flowing through that pen water is not an issue,” Ray said.

 

“Now the new issue is keeping the place clean because we got all those cattle, goats, sheep, and chickens in there,” Alan said.

 

“Already solved that problem….or should I say that problem solved itself,” Robert replied.

 

“Oh?” Alan asked.

 

There is a species of insect that lives here that is a native to the island. It is a species of dung beetle that was recently discovered having been blown here from Costa Rica. I just found it feeding off of our cattle’s feces so that will solve the problem of clean pens,” said Henry.

 

“At least that is good and what eats the beetles?” asked Alan.

 

“The compys, they are scavengers and insectivores so they will control the beetles and the flies. Our problem is the Troodon since we pretty much took care of the raptors. They now pose the more serious threat,” Robert said.

 

“Yeah and my animals can only do so much until they are in need of food and are tired. So we should take things in shifts and have at least one Tyrannosaur with us. At least until we have that place fully secured,” Alan replied.

 

“Alright I am game for that,” said Ray.

 

“I’m In,” said Robert’s

“So am I,” said Henry.

 

Cheep!” said a voice and they looked down to see an excited Tien looking up at the four men and wagged his tail. He continued to chirp as Henry pulled out a syringe from the lab and presented it to him. The excited troodon was more then happy to gobble up the mushed up meat. Rosie the raptor was also hungry and Henry fed her too. They both squealed when the four men made their agreement.

 

“Though the only problem I have with this plan though is the fact that Rexy and Junior are not like your Rex Dr. Grant.” Henry said.

 

“Oh?” Alan replied.

 

“Your T-Rex is trained and it knows to obey your commands. How do you plan on training our dinosaurs to listen?” asked Henry.

 

“The same way I am going to teach you how to train your own,” Alan replied.

 

 

T BC

 

 

 

Chapter 23: How To Train Your Dinosaur

Summary:

Henry Wu gets some much needed lessons on training dinosaurs.

Notes:

Ok can someone PLEASE help me fix the fonts at the end of the last two chapters. I tried to figure out how to do that here since this is not the font on the original document to no avail.

Chapter Text

MONTANA 1988









Rosco! Here boy, come here Rosco!” Alan called to the baby T-Rex who is now up to his knees. The baby dinosaurs are now a few weeks old and already they are starting to get into things. For starters Rosco the baby T-Rex likes to explore the dig site and get into everything. He views the others there as part of his family and often times try to nip at their feet or head butt their legs for attention. Nico the baby raptor would often times try to bite as many fingers as possible hoping to get a snack from someone’s lunch. Tank would follow Alan or Ellie everywhere. Sarah would screech often if someone approaches with her mouth open along with Frankie.



All six dinosaurs even as babies are a handful and trying to feed and raise them is a hassle. At least the volunteers who are not working on the dig are helping with the animal’s care. Jessica Grady for example being a veterinarian by trade and her children are often seen dealing with the dinosaurs. Alan being the paleontologist that he is is often times trying to study how they moved.



Ellie do you see that!” he said pointing to Rosco, “How they show them at the museums are all wrong!” Alan said as he managed to grab onto the little Rex much to his delight and stroked him down. When he opened his mouth his teeth are needles still. “Look at his teeth they are not as long or as banana shaped as an adult but you can clearly see that they can hold onto their prey before consumption. Or steal the hotdogs from the fridge,” Alan said after smelling his breath.



Well I do know one thing,” Ellie said as she studied little Tank. “They are sure a handful,” she said.



OW! WHY YOU LITTLE…..!”





ISLA NUBLAR PRESENT DAY





“Tien!” Henry said as he saw his two week old Troodon chick going into his stuff. The Troodon in question raised his head out of the bag of Henry’s stuff and chirped.



“Tien no!” Henry said while the others laughed.



They are at the Visitor’s Center discussing what to do with the babies as well as plans to go to Isla Sorna to investigate how things are going there.



“So let me get this straight Alan you plan on going to another island full of dinosaurs to figure out the situation there?” said Jessica Grady as she and her husband and two kids both had been staying there for about a week. The break for the kids is about two weeks and thankfully Costa Rica is warm and the state of Washington freezing cold. It was near Thanksgiving time so the kids are excited to spend time down south. Montana was probably covered in snow and there was nothing else to be done with Alan’s ranch. Winter sets in early as far as Alan was concerned. It was still autumn everywhere else with it being mid-November with the leaves all golden in most of the U.S. But here in Costa Rica it is still the same year round.



“I have to Jess the dinosaurs need an expert to look at them and Robert and I are the only qualified ones available. Ray and your family will stay here and monitor this island while we are gone. But for myself, Robert and Henry we have to see what as become of Sorna. Henry will leave both Tien and Rosie here with you while we go. Both babies are far too young to travel with them being only two weeks old. I will take Rosco with me since he is my best Tracker. Rexy and Junior are staying here since they are not ready for travel. I will use Sarah as a transport. Frankie knows the babies best so he will stay here while Robert takes Nico on that boat we found at the docks. Tank and Spitz are out watching the herds till our return.” Alan said



“Rosco just recovered from his wounds and already he is back to work,” said Richard Grady who was busy at a computer with Ray.



“So how are you folks enjoying your stay so far?” Alan asked.



“Well if this was a fully functioning park then we could not have afford it. But thanks for inviting us to help with the clean up,” Richard said.



“No problem I figured you wanted to come down south to see the kids again,” Alan replied to Richard.



“I missed them and seeing Tank playing with that Triceratops makes me think I truly have been brought to a lost world,” Richard replied.



“Daddy the babies are cute!” said Maria as she played with Tien and Rosie and both babies along with Frankie are in their pen. The area that was gated off for children was also placed for babies. Maria is only five but she had taken to the two youngest dinosaurs. Tien and Rosie were busy playing with a ball that she had brought with her to play with. She even had books that she read to them.



Rosie was enjoying the chase with the ball while Tien was trying to hit the ball with his claws.



“Alright so here is how it goes,” said Ray as he pulled up the map of the island.



“Isla Sorna is by far larger then Nublar and it is filled with estuaries and swamps. The environment was made suitable to InGen back in the early 70’s. However because of its geological standpoint the island is more like a volcano crater. Luckily for us the volcano is dormant so we could conduct our business there. Our main power source is just like Nublar Geothermal but the volcano shows no sign of awakening which is good. We kept thermal imagery here to show us where the animals are located.” Ray said and showed it on the main screen.



Many thermal images are showing but some appear erratic.



“Why are they showing erratic behavior?” asked Jessica.



“From what I gathered in the reports there was a recent outbreak of Prions on the island. The team that lives there was supposed to contain it before the hurricane hit the island,” Ray replied.



“Jesus Christ!” Henry said looking at it, “Those fucktards are trying to destroy our stalk!” he said.



“My thoughts exactly we have reason to believe that the prions infected livestock is to blame. Unlike here where the livestock is more strictly regulated this stock was not and so one infected with the disease was able to slip past the inspectors.” Ray replied.



“Jesus!” this time it was Richard that replied.



“So how do we deal with this? I mean with the animals now loose how do we know about dealing with this sort of thing?” Henry asked.



Alan remained quiet as he looked at the images, “Ray can you identify what species is which through these?” he asked.



“Yeah sure,” Ray said and punched in a few codes. The image changed to showing labels of the different species. Alan and the others observed how the different animals interact with each other and from what he saw they are closely bunched together.



“What are they doing?” asked Henry.



“Establishing territories,” Robert replied, “When animals are first released into a new environment the first thing they do is establish their territory. This enables them to figure out what area is most suitable for them. It has to have three things, food, water and shelter. Where the food is, is the question, where the water is coming from and where is the best shelter from a storm. Now another thing to consider is if its a herbivore where is the best place to avoid predators and for the predators where is the best place to ambush their prey. Now from what I see here the carnivores are too tightly packed so that means that they are right now competing for the best space. Give it a few months to a year and the territories will be established.” Robert said.



“Now given the fact that the disease is adamant on Sorna which animals were infected?” asked Jessica.



Ray again changed the imagery to two groups both of which are carnivores.



“Alright it looks like the T-Rexes are out of the picture as well as the raptors,” said Ray.



“But the Ceratosaurus and the Carnotaurus are the main culprits,” said Alan.



“Yeah so making sure they are not infecting anyone else is the issue here,” Ray said.



“Alright we need the live guns and silencers if you have any,” said Alan.



Robert nodded, “I have some in my office what do we do when we kill an animal?” Robert asked.



“We burn the bodies. Right now your animals are all still young which makes it suitable to do so. Any bigger and that could pose a problem.” Alan replied.



“I take it you had to deal with Prions before?” asked Robert.



“I owned a Ranch remember,” Alan replied.



“Oh,” was the reply.



“Prions has no cure so if we see the clear signs of it we have to put the animals down.” Alan said and listed the names of the symptoms to look for. Robert and Ray both looked uncomfortable at the idea of putting their animals down if that was the case but they had no choice.



“What about the livestock?” asked Henry.



“We can deal with them when we get there but right now we need to deal with the dinosaurs. Henry remember you’re with us while Ray and the Grady’s will stay here to keep an eye on things,” Alan said.



“Alright will do,” he said and watched as his babies are playing with little Maria.





LATER





Both Alan and Robert cursed at the fact that it had taken them nearly two weeks to get things settled with Isla Nublar. First was dealing with the animals then dealing with food rations and third cleaning up the mess. With only the four of them it was a rather difficult task. That and dealing with the occasional predator or two. Now that Alan was sure that the dinosaurs were breeding he had told Henry to let things go for now. The Geneticist was thrilled his creations were thriving but at the same time horrified that he had used the wrong amphibian DNA to bridge the gaps in the sequence.



When the Grady’s arrived nearly a week ago things actually gotten a lot easier. Henry had gotten some help from Owen and Maria. The two children who are experienced in dealing with dinosaurs and dinosaur babies on Owen’s part gave Henry the much needed break he needed to catch up on sleep. Tien and Rosie were both a handful with their demands and since Henry is mostly by himself he is finding out first hand what problems he has to face when dealing with hatchlings. Alan tries to offer some advice to help him along and the Asian man is grateful for the help.



Then there was a problem with the computers. Ray had a hell of a time trying to make sure that the last of Dennis Nedry’s code was gone. He even had to check the many different stations to ensure that the computers were still functioning. His first time on Sarah was hilarious enough as it was.



Then there was the plans to repair the Aquatic Park area. That had taken some time to do since they had to find out where the maintenance kept its spare glass panels. When that was done they repaired and drained the water out of the elevator shaft. Thank goodness the control room was still dry thanks to a built in pressure system. Richard Grady was a huge help with the repairs to the aqua park. And when they repaired and reopened the sea pen a happy Iggy and Terry came swimming in. both had gotten much larger then they originally were two weeks ago. Alan figured that they had been starving thanks to Levi the now dead Tylosaur. With the sea pen now opened to the ocean both Iggy and Terry were able to return to the pen. And with the wall panels fixed Alan managed to see for himself how much healthier they both looked.



Iggy looked like she had grown a full two feet while Terry who was about ten feet long grew to thirteen feet in two weeks. Her girth now wider and healthier then it was when they found her. In fact it was Terry that was offering a piece of squid that they caught just off the coast. Laughing Alan took the squid and offered it to Nico who was happy to eat it.



Then they had problems with the water pumps thanks to the Troodon in the tunnels. They had to literally gas bomb the tunnels to get at those nasty little creatures. When they finally were able to fix the problem it had taken a bit of effort. In the end they still had running water which was a good thing.



Now after nearly two weeks of getting functional again now it was time to head over to Isla Sorna. Both men were not anticipating the journey to Isla Sorna any time soon. The first thing they had to do was get the cargo ship they are going to use functional. That was no problem but both men had no idea how to run it. Luckily for them it was Ray Arnold who discovered a way to use the ship.



Ray was not stupid far from it. He managed when they were inspecting the ship find an instruction book on the operation of the ship for any new crew members. It explains the engines and how each part of the ship functions. It took both Alan and Robert some time to study but they managed to figure it out.



“Now lets see if we can get to that island,” Robert said.



Ray put the image of the ocean map in front of them in 3D.



“Ok according to these charts Isla Sorna is about eighty seven miles south west of us. It is surrounded by reefs and high cliffs making it perfect to house a facility there.” Ray said.



“The only downside is that the weather is unpredictable and with the recent storm things don’t look good. According to the weather reports another storm is on its way. Good thing for us it will by pass Isla Nublar but unfortunately for you it will hit Sorna. So when you land there make sure that you are docked off shore. Or just wait out the storm,” Ray said.



“No, we don’t have time for that!” Robert said.



“Robert safety first remember,” this time it was Henry who replied from the door. The poor man looked haggard after dealing with two baby dinosaurs for weeks. Both babies were excited to see him as they tried to leap over the pen to him but they were still too small.



“Henry you should not be up at this time,” said Jessica as she came up to him.



“I know but I could not help but overhear your plan and personally I think we should wait till the storm passes. If not we could hit the reef that surrounds the island and it will surely destroy the vessel you plan to use,” Henry replied in that smooth voice of his.



“Henry’s right Robert even if you make it to the island in that storm the reef would destroy the vessel, and then how the fuck will you get back,” Ray said. He reached for a cigarette but found an empty box instead. Cursing he turned to find Jessica Grady glaring at him as she handed him a full pack. “If you are going to smoke do it away from my kids,” she said.



Ray grumbled before he turned towards the computers again.



They watched as the storm neared the island and surprisingly no one moved. Till……



“Um Ray how strong is that storm?” asked Richard.



“It is a category five hurricane remember you are in Central America where the storms here are at their worst. So I would definitely not go out there till it passes,” Ray replied.



“Fuck!” Robert cursed.



“So when is the best time?” asked Alan.



“Give it two or three days after the storm has passed. I will keep an eye on it just to make sure,” Ray replied as he typed a few keys.







A FEW HOURS LATER





“This fucken bites!” Robert complained as he and Alan were on top of Rosco’s back patrolling the shoreline. Henry stayed to get some rest while the Grady’s helped while they can. Rosco supported the now stitched up wounds on his side. Jessica did a good job in patching him up and now the Tyrannosaur was more then happy to give them a ride.



“You know he is right Robert you have to think about safety first before we set out,” Alan said as they neared the East Docks. The sounds of splashing could be heard as Terry leaped from the water just off shore. The Mosasaur and her Opthalmasaurus friend were more then enjoying their freedom in the sea. Rosco stopped to stare at them and offered a greeting of his own. As if hearing him both Iggy and Terry leaped clear out of the water to show off to him. A deep rumble could be felt by the two men as Rosco turned and started towards the docks once again.



When they got there what was left of the East Docks was in shambles. Both men knew there is going to be a lot of cleanup work to do in order to make it functional again. The empty containers where goods were offloaded were on the ground and rolled over. Some even smashed beyond repair so Alan probably is going to use them for scraps or sell them to be made into scraps.



The ship looked intact as it was, but both men knew from experience that looks can be deceiving. So Alan had Rosco walk up the still intact ramp onto the ship. At first the T-Rex was hesitant but after assurances from Alan he managed to get onto the ship. Sniffing the area to ensure that nothing else was here both Alan and Robert were able to get off the larger dinosaur and explored the ship.



The cargo from the ship was mostly intact since they were kept in a separate part of the ship. This included frozen items and food supplies which is good considering that they need it. The part that contained the dinosaurs was in shambles with broken cages and chains everywhere. Even the corpse of an animal or two because they did not make it off the ship. Rosco sniffed the carcasses both of which were smaller dinosaurs.



“Don’t you dare eat that!” Alan growled to him.



Rosco sniffed it before moving on into the ship.



“How did you get him to listen to you?” Robert said.



“He knows better and I taught him better,” Alan said to Robert. The sight of the compys eating the carcass was enough to know that by the time they leave it would be cleaned. Walking further they inspected every inch of the cargo hold for any signs of life. It was in shambles but they managed to assess that nothing was wrong.



Walking into the engine room and then later into the bridge saw nothing out of the ordinary. The cots and mattresses of the crew quarters along with the remains of several of the men who ran the ship littered the area. The smaller dinosaurs namely the predators were to blame for the deaths of these crew members but both men knew that they deserved it. These were not the men that InGen hired to bring the food stocks to the island. These were the men who tried to steal what belonged on this island.



Suddenly a ruffling sound was heard and both men instantly raised their guns. Nodding to each other they neared the end of the hallway which separated the crew quarters from the kitchens and the deck. As they neared they could hear the sounds of something in the kitchens. It was also then that they heard voices coming from the kitchen. Both men stopped when they heard it and it was Robert who notched his head towards the door. Alan nodded knowing that they have intruders. At the count of three both men burst into the kitchen surprising the family there.



All of them screamed when they saw the men and one child started crying in Spanish. It was when they huddled up in the corner that both men lowered their guns.



Está bien, no te vamos a lastimar,” (It’s alright we are not going to hurt you,) Robert said to them in Spanish.

 

Por favor, no más le ruego señor, sólo queríamos comer!” (No more I beg you sir, we only wanted to eat!) the man in charge said to them.

 

Both men looked at him and sighed before putting down their guns.

 

“Can anyone of you speak English?” Alan asked.

 

They nodded and the man spoke with a heavy accent replied to them, “You not going to hurt my family?” he asked.

 

“No we are not and the animal out there is not going to hurt them either,” Alan replied.

 

 

“Who are you, and what are you doing here?” Robert asked.

 

“I am Josè and this is my ship. The storm hit so it was stuck here and then those things broke out of the cargo hold so we were too terrified to leave,” the man known as Josè said to them.

 

“Well Josè it is nice to meet you. I am Alan Grant this man here is Robert Muldoon chief Game Warden of Jurassic Park. We are here to assess your boat for travel in the next few days.” Alan said to the man. The woman with Josè was muttering something in Spanish and the man translated it to her. The children who huddled with them looked at them in wonder. There was both a boy and a girl with them. The boy looks to be about twelve years of age while the girl was younger about seven.

 

It took about an hour for Alan and Robert to discuss what is going to happen to the family. They explained their plan and their need to go to Isla Sorna and why it was desperate to get there.

 

Josè explains why they are there. He says that he was hired to transport goods to Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna because his ship was the biggest at his home port in Costa Rica. He owns the ship and has made good money with InGen and with the other companies he ships with. He also told Alan about the scare with the animals racing out of the ship. Alan and Robert explain that the animals were being stolen from the island and that they were only returning them to their home. Josè even explained about how he escaped the carnage by hiding his family in the captain’s quarters and sealing the door.

 

“Alan we need to get them to the Visitor’s Center where Jessica can have a look at them,” Robert explained.

 

“Yeah you’re right,” and Alan grabbed his radio.

 

“Ray can you hear me?” Alan asked.

 

“I hear you loud and clear Alan wassup?” he said.

 

“Ray we encountered a family on the ship a man named Josè and his wife and kids. They were hiding on the ship when the attack came,” Alan replied.

 

“Josè? God damn it! I figured it was his ship I thought he died for sure is he listening to you?” he asked Alan.

 

When Alan gave the affirmative Ray began to speak to Josè in Spanish. The Costa Rican man was more then surprised to hear from the African American but he was glad to speak to a familiar voice. When speaking to him they learned that Josè’s ship the Princesa Del Océano was dropping off supplies when the call came for transport of goods from Isla Nublar. The other ship the one that carries passengers had already left leaving his ship to wait out the storm. They then noticed the increase in weight of the cargo they started to load onto the ship. Now Josè is familiar with dinosaurs on the ship. Having to ship them from Isla Sorna to Isla Nublar but this time there was more then the single dinosaur or two or three. There was many and so much so that he feared that his ship might not handle the weight.

 

When he went to investigate that was when he was held at gunpoint by Nedry’s men. It was then that they realized that this ship was actually stolen and that Josè’s family and himself were locked in the Captain’s quarters till the dinosaurs broke free and killed all the men. When they escaped the Captain’s quarters they managed to see all the dead bodies of both human and dinosaur on the ship. Fearing for their lives Josè and his family remained on board until the seas calm enough to leave.

 

Well that is until they encountered Iggy and Terry. Then they stayed in port fearing the worst.

 

“Well you don’t have to worry you are safe,” Robert said to them.

 

“Tell that to him!” Josè said to Robert while pointing to the window of the captain’s quarters. There in the hole was a rather large yellow eye. Alan sighed as he neared the window, “Rosco what are you doing?” he asked the dinosaur.

 

A deep rumble was the reply and one that Alan smirked at.

 

“What is that dinosaur of yours doing Grant?” Robert asked.

 

“He was just curious about our friends here most notably the children. Rosco likes kids and probably thought of them as potential friends. Remember Lex and Tim? Well remember a T-Rex’s sense of smell is highly developed and he probably could smell them here,” Alan said laughing.

 

“Is he going to eat them?” asked Josè who was translating for his wife.

 

“No, but he would want them to pet him,” Alan replied and the man translated for his wife. Bewildered she walked over to the window to see the large eye staring at them. Blinking Rosco was more then curious about the newcomers.

 

“Why don’t we all go outside so we can properly introduce you to him and then head back to the Hotel since it is getting late,” Robert replied.

 

They made their way outside of the ship where Rosco was waiting. The large bull Rex was swinging his tail in slow lazy arcs when he saw the group come out of the main deck. Josè clung to his wife in fear and she their children till Rosco bent down to sniff at them. Alan only patted his snout affectionately which caused an easy and happy rumble.

 

“It’s ok,” Alan said and gently guided Josè towards the Tyrannosaur. Rosco leaned down and offered his arms as sort of a stepping stool. Alan was the first up followed by Robert and then Josè’s family. With a gentle nudge Alan had Rosco take them back to the hotel. Since the roads had been cleared by the men and dinosaurs it was easier to get around now. Still it takes a few hours to get to the area they need to go but they can travel easier. Rosco followed the road towards where the nest is kept.

 

 

 

 

VISITOR’S CENTER

 

Henry Wu returned after sometime feeling much refreshed after some much needed sleep. The Grady’s had been a huge help in looking after his so called kids while he got some much needed sleep. Owen and Maria enjoy playing with Tien and Rosie while Frankie the Archeopteryx likes to get food for them. The insects he catches proves to be a good source of nutrition for the growing hatchlings.

 

“Um Jessica is it?” he asked when he entered the labs where they moved the babies.

 

“Ah Henry is it? How are you feeling?” she asked warmly while he sat down.

 

“I am feeling better thank you and thank you for taking care of my children,” he said looking into the observation room where Tien and Rosie were playing with the Grady kids. Nico the raptor was also there watching them. If one or the other gets too rough with the human children he would be there to scold them. He would often switch off with Spitz the other smaller carnivore. Spitz would often bring meat from the outside or nesting material for the little ones.

 

“I came to tell you that it is time to head back to the hotel. Ray says that it is getting late and the Troodon are coming out soon,” she said and Henry nodded before watching Jessica enter the room. Maria was napping with Rosie while Owen was playing with Tien. The Troodon was more active because dusk was near and it was nearly time to play. Thankfully Frankie returned from his latest hunt and with him came Spitz.

 

The two smaller dinosaurs often switch between shifts to watch the little ones. During the day Nico would help Henry watch the two hatchlings while Frankie hunts. While Spitz would take the night shift while Nico hunts. Both adults entered the room. While Jessica scooped up Maria. Henry picked up his two hatchlings. Tien chirped at Owen while Rosie slept on.

 

It was just as Ray came into the room that the two larger dinosaurs became alert. A growl came from Nico while Spitz flapped his frill in warning. Richard came in quickly with a couple of rifles. Passing one to Ray and then to Henry since Jessica’s hands were full with Maria. Owen quickly hurried to his mother and relieved her of Maria while she grabbed another rifle from Ray.

 

“Alright everyone to their defense positions!” Ray said as they all heard the sounds of clicking and growling from the Troodon. They made their way out of the room towards the back exit door that would take them out. As soon as they were out Ray quickly put in the code to close up shop while they hurried to the jeep that would take them back to the hotel.

 

 

AT THE HOTEL

 

“Man that was close!” said Ray as he and the others put away their guns.

 

Alan and Robert had returned already with the Costa Rican family and explained why they were there. Ray explained what had happened with the Troodon at the Visitor’s Center.

 

“Shit I thought we took care of those fuckers!” said Robert and a glare from Jessica had him silenced.

 

“We only took care of some of them not all. They probably went somewhere else to breed. I bet they took refuge either deeper in the tunnels or in some underground cave we don’t know about,” Alan suggested.

 

“Well these caves are far from being cold I bet there are still some active lava tubes here. I studied volcanology while getting my degree in geology so I know a few things. In fact if you want I can get a hold of a few friends who study active volcanoes because if what you told me was true then this volcano is still active.” Richard said to Alan that night while looking at the sleeping dinosaurs.

 

The only ones who were not there were in fact the Rexes who are taking a turn watching the herds.

 

“You have impressive creatures Dr. Grant,” said Josè when he came out to join the other men. Henry was inside with his babies and Owen was next to Alan looking outside at the dinosaurs.

 

“So Owen enjoyed your stay so far?” he asked the twelve...no wait thirteen year old boy. Owen’s birthday was a few days ago which makes him a teenager now.

 

“I love it! This is the best birthday present ever Dr. Grant. Just being here with the dinosaurs again I felt like it is Christmas again. Only all of my family is here,” Owen said happily.

 

And as Alan looked at the boy he is truly happy, “I am glad you got them back Dr. Grant I missed them. And better yet you got them a home they love! I mean they get to be with other dinosaurs even if they are in a way genetic freaks.” he joked.

 

“Yes, but they are still dinosaurs and they are under our protection now,” Alan stated.

 

“I hope so, I mean from what I heard Dr. Wu and Mr. Arnold tell my mom. This place would not have been very good with taking care of the dinosaurs. Not like what you did with Rosco and the others.” Owen said.

 

“No, you are right there Owen, the animals would have been trapped in a cage. At least now with some guidance they can be free like mine had been. And with proper care they can thrive in this environment. In fact the native wildlife from the looks of it are already adapting to the dinosaurs,” Alan replied to the boy.

 

“I hope so,” Owen said and then his eyes lit up, “Do you know anything about those two sea monsters we saw on the way here?”

 

“Oh you mean Iggy and Terry yeah I know about them. Iggy is an opthalmasaurus a type of icthyosaur while Terry is a mosasaur,” Alan said to him smiling the while time.

 

“Cool! And I swear I saw some pteranodons like Sarah here too. I hope I get to explore more of the island before I leave,” Owen said excitedly.

 

“Well you won’t have that much time here because Dr. Harding is due back next week. But maybe if you are good and your grades are up you can ask your mother and father if they can bring you here next summer,” Alan said.

 

“Really!” Owen said his eyes lit up.

 

“Yes, in fact Dr. Wu asked if you could since you took good care of Tien and Rosie for him,” Alan suggested.

 

“Oh wow thanks Dr. Grant! I will ask my mom and dad right now!” Owen said as he ran back into the hotel room.

 

Alan chuckled as he watched the overweighed boy run back in side. It was people like Owen that make Alan love the work that he does.

 

Suddenly a rather large head appeared and Rosco gave Alan a gently blow with his nostrils. Chuckling some more he reached out and patted Rosco’s snout. The T-Rex rumbled a gentle croon to Alan before leaning his head further onto the balcony and Alan gave Rosco a hug. He stroked his snout and both watched Owen talk excitedly to his parents while his mother held little Maria. The six year old slept soundly since the day wore her out.

 

Rosco continued to croon as Alan stroked him and he often let his mid drift while petting him. He often thought about what would have happened had he not hatched his dinosaurs. He even thought about what would happen had he not lost them. He even thought about his ex-girlfriend and the fact that she tried to swindle him into raising kids that were not even his. But that was so long ago and he was young and stupid back then.

 

Now however he had his children and they were safe at last. Another rumble and a nudge had Alan out of his thoughts as he continued to stroke Rosco. The large T-Rex had his eyes shut as he enjoyed his cuddle time.

 

“You miss this don’t you boy,” Alan said to him. A rumble was his only reply.

 

“I don’t know how you have such a relationship with such a large predator,” a voice said and Rosco slowly pulled away.

 

Alan turned his head to reveal the voice to be Henry Wu. Henry currently has Rosie next to him as the baby raptor was starting to be more mobile. Tien was also by his side the Troodon being more active at night.

 

“I raised him from the day he hatched and I let him be his natural self.” Alan stated.

 

“I thought his natural self was trying to eat people and smash buildings,” Henry said in jest.

 

Alan turned and watched Rosco slowly make his way to where Junior and Tank were sleeping. Rexy had gone off to hunt most likely and Spitz was watching the herds with Nico. He marveled at how his children were flourishing here in Jurassic Park.

 

“Tyrannosaurus Rex does not eat people or smash buildings. They are first and foremost animals that should be respected and I had learned that while raising Rosco. I also learned a lot of things about raising dinosaurs and training them. Patience for starters, another is how to be more tolerant of people. Something you are starting to learn for yourself I’d imagine,” Alan said to Henry as he leaned over the rail.

 

“Yeah, it is not easy raising these little guys. I mean I created them mostly but creating and raising are two different things,” Henry said.

 

“I remember a line I once saw in a movie I watched about two years ago. ‘Any man with a dick can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children,’ for me it was regardless of the species,” Alan said to him.

 

“I am starting to understand that now,” Henry said.

 

“Henry what you need to understand also is that what you do, you are responsible for. No matter the outcome. You helped create the animals here in Jurassic Park save for my dinosaurs. So that means they are your responsibility. Your love of genetic manipulation created them. But you must also shoulder the burden of the consequences of your actions.” Alan said.

 

Henry looked down at his two hatchlings as they also stared up at him and crooned as if they knew he was talking about them. Then he heard a snore and turned to see a sleeping Junior now snug next to Rosco and Tank.

 

“How could you raise six different dinosaurs without them killing each other?” Henry asked.

 

“It is not easy but I learned something very simple. Make them understand that we are a family, a pack, or herd. Once they understood this then the rest was easy.” Alan said.

 

“So how did you train your dinosaurs?” Henry asked.

 

“Using their natural instincts to my benefit,” Alan replied.

 

“So how would I say train Tien and Rosie? After all both would be vicious predators when they are older, especially Rosie. I created her to be larger and smarter then her actual species. So how do I harness that?” Henry asked.

 

Alan smiled for he knew what the root of the problem was.

 

“Henry I trained Nico using sheep dogs because I fueled his natural instinct to hunt. I turned it into something I could use such as herding or helping find lost kids. You don’t have that option so my thing to you is to teach Rosie how to hunt for herself. You also have to actually hunt with her a few times. The most important thing to do is to build up a bond with her and Tien. The stronger the bond the more powerful the connection you have.” Alan said.

 

“So I have to build a bond? But how do I do that?” he said.

 

“You are doing it now,” Alan replied.

 

It was as if a light had struck in Henry and Alan’s smile grew wider as the geneticist started to understand what the paleontologist was trying to say.

 

“Thank you Alan it means a lot,” he said and started to walk away.

 

Just as he did it the sound of thunder could be heard as storm clouds began to bare down on them. Thankfully it was not another hurricane just the arms of the storm passing. Alan sighed knowing that sooner or later they would have to make their way to Isla Sorna and what troubles would be brewing there. Looking down at his dinosaurs he could not help but worry.

 

 

TBC

 

 

A/n: Sorry it took so long for me to write this I was writing another story for Game of Thrones called ‘Warriors of Winterfell,’ and when I realized that I might end up doing what I had done before. I thought I should take a break and update my other stories; this one for starters. Since so many people kept bugging me to update. So here you go folks another finished chapter of Alan’s Dinosaurs. Next Chapter we are finally off to Isla Sorna!

 

 

 

And remember to please review and no BASHINGS, LORE MONGERS, OR OUTRIGHT FLAMES PLEASE! Thank you.

 



 

 

 

 


Chapter 24: The Island of Problems

Chapter Text

 

ISLA NUBLAR, TEMPORARY HERDING PENS

 

 

 

T he storm rages out to sea which was a good thing for Alan’s group. The past three days had been nothing but nonstop rain and floods leaving the roads slippery and wet. Thankfully where the pens are located it was sheltered from most of the storm. The rain still hit but it was not totally in torrents as the trees kept them sheltered. The roof was thankfully sturdy and built to withstand the storms. When the sun did come out all that had happened was the amount of debris that landed on the roof.

 

T hankfully that was easily removed.

 

Alan was currently with Tank smashing up the last of the annoying trees that had landed on the side of the concrete building.

 

“Easy girl just one more hit and that should do it,” he said to the Ankylosaur. Tank only snorted as her tail started to swing. With one good hit the tree splintered causing it to fall in the opposite direction. Rosco was there to push the tree to the side where Robert and Richard started to cut it down into smaller pieces.

 

Owen and Maria were with the babies. Frankie was on Owen’s shoulder watching everything. Sarah was flying above keeping a lookout for predators. Spitz and Nico were keeping the herds calm. After about a few weeks the herds had calmed down knowing that these dinosaurs were not there to eat them. The chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese were having a feast from the fallen trees as the bugs tried to fly off.

 

Ray was busy with one of the few lift equipment they had to remove the larger branches once Richard and Robert cut them. Henry seeing as he does not know much was helping keep an eye out for predators. Jos è and his family helped also. Jos è himself was busy repairing the water pipes that had become exposed when the tree uprooted.

 

It somehow had grown around the pipe but luckily never penetrated anymore or the pipe would have snapped. He and his wife had the water shut off so they could repair the pipe. Jessica was monitoring the herd animals looking for any signs of illness or worse Prions.

 

The trees parted as a herd of stegosaurus came walking past. They were followed by some other Ankylosaurs. Tank bellowed a greeting her blue plating sho ok when the others looked at her. Her bellows were answered by some of the others including a yellow colored one and a rather bright red stegosaurus.

 

“Are they your friends Tank?” Alan asked with a smile as he patted her down. A gentle rumble was his answer as she hit her tail on the ground gave several happy bellows. Rosco lifted his head and gave a happy snort to see new dinosaurs. The herds gave him a wide berth as they passed. When they left the group gotten back to work. Alan promised Tank that he would take her to see her friends once this was over.

 

It took pretty much most of the morning, and late into the afternoon when they finally returned. Tired and exhausted the group found themselves outside with the dinosaurs. Alan insisted that he kept up with his grooming of his animals.

 

Rosco having finally lost all his feathers was enjoying being brushed down by the bristle brush that Alan found in the maintenance shed. It was kind of like his brush back in Montana that he uses to wash Rosco with. The T-Rex was enjoying getting attention from Alan and surprisingly Jos è while Tank was getting scrubbed by the children. Owen was having a blast showing his new friends how to properly clean between the plates.

 

Robert decided to learn how to groom a dinosaur and offered to help with Spitz who was having trouble cleaning behind his frill.

 

“Now hold still you shit,” he said as he applied the water to his bristle brush and began to clean behind the frill. Spitz opened his frill as if sensing someone willing to help. He gave a croon when Robert cleaned behind there.

 

“Kind of reminds me of when I had to help clean the elephants and the rhinos back in Kenya.” he said to Alan and when he looked again at Rosco he found to his surprise that Henry was there as well.

 

“Henry why are you here?” Robert asked him.

 

“I am here because I might as well get used to cleaning dinosaurs, I have two after all,” Henry replied to Robert as he was shirtless just like Alan. Robert sighed as he too shed his shirt because of the heat. The warm air from the afternoon was just too much as the humidity had them all drenched in sweat. Thankfully by then the trees parted and Rexy and Junior returned.

 

Upon seeing the other dinosaurs being cleaned Rexy was curious as to why Rosco was on the ground. With gentle crooning from Rosco as well as a happy rumble. The female T-Rexes looked at the humans scrubbing the other dinosaurs. It did not take them long to figure out what was going on. Lowering herself down she was then attacked by the children who had finished Tank.

 

The two Costa Riccan children named Parker and Zahara along with Owen and six year old Maria attacked the two females. Maria being small along with Zahara went to clean Junior’s teeth. The smaller Rex opened her mouth gently allowing the young girls to clean. Maria may be six but she knows how to be careful when cleaning dinosaur teeth. Her experience with Rosco, Nico and Spitz taught her as much.

 

As if not wanting to miss out on groom time Sarah came swooping down to be cleaned also. She opened her wings out for Owen to clean. The thirteen year old loves washing Sarah and came with a clean bucket of water and a brush for her. As he started to clean her wings she thrilled her excitement as he washed out the salt from her skin. He could tell she went to sea to feed and from her bulging belly she had eaten well.

 

It took some time for the dinosaurs to be cleaned, but once they were clean they did extra time for themselves to groom each other. Everyone seemed to be involved and when it was over they all had a late lunch that Josè’s wife name Abril made with the now offloaded supplies.

 

The hotel it seems has a bigger kitchen then the Visitor’s Center. Thank goodness because the Hotel is made to host a lot more people then the Visitor’s Center. As for the Visitor’s Center they had that place cleaned of both the dead bodies and the now rotten food table. The rotting food went to feeding the pigs.

 

“Alright Josè lets see if your boat is able to get us to Isla Sorna,” said Ray.

 

They had taken a jeep to the docks and thankfully for them the employee area of Jurassic Park had a fueling station to pump gas that still works. So when they entered the docks they were smart enough to have a dinosaur with them. The one with them was Sarah as the pterosaur was off in the ocean to play. The boat thankfully had no dinosaurs to kill them, but that did not stop them from exploring the holds with guns in hand just in case. Josè was more then happy to see that his ship was in tact and that no lasting damage was there to greet him. The cages and the debris from the dinosaur rampage however had to be dealt with. So with heavy equipment in hand they managed to take the next two days to clean the cargo hold. They put the scrap metal next to what they were going to use to either salvage or sell. It was an impressive feat. And so they had a clean cargo hold and Josè made a special area with leaves and forest materials to line the floor. He insisted that if they are going to bring a dinosaur with them they had to make the animal comfortable.

 

Sarah in a way helped to as she dropped plant materials and some stones into the cargo hold. Dropping down she inspected the now newly made nest to make sure it was suitable to travel. Once satisfied she took off and headed for the sky again. Now both Ray and Josè returned to the hotel room to discuss what they had done to the ship.

 

“Alright here is what we did, we basically cleaned out the crap those mercenaries left behind so the ship is clean. We also made sure that it ran and that there are no holes from the storm. So it should be ready to go. Josè how soon is it we can leave?” asked Ray.

 

“Well the tide is no good, but maybe in two days time when the moon is full. That way the tide will be at its highest and we can leave then.” was the reply.

 

“Good we need to load up the ship anyways so how soon can we load up?” asked Alan.

 

“Ship is good to go Dr. Grant we left some of the supplies there just in case,” said Ray.

 

“Oh and before you go you will need to be wearing a park uniform. That way if there is anyone still there we can do something about it,” Robert said to Alan.

 

“Oh and what would you suggest?” Alan asked.

 

“A ranger uniform, that way if there is any poachers on the island we can make the proper arrest. Costa Riccan Law states that if anyone were to take animals and are caught by the park rangers no matter where they are. They will be tried according to Costa Riccan law,” Robert said to him.

 

“Alright, but what if they question my identity?” Alan asked.

 

“That is why I pushed for paperwork to be done,” Ray said and passed Alan a form of papers.

 

“What is this?” Alan asked.

 

“This states that you work for Jurassic Park and if anyone says otherwise you are a contracted worker not connected to InGen,” said Robert.

 

“Alright and what does that make you?” Alan asked.

 

“We are InGen workers, but you are not so we are giving you a special badge. This says that you have the same level clearance as myself and that can get you to certain places. Henry has higher clearance since he works in the labs so that way if we need to Henry can get us into those areas,” said Robert.

 

“Alright so in two days when the moon is full we are able to leave,” Alan stated.

 

“Yep,”

 

 

TWO DAYS LATER, EAST DOCKS

 

 

The ship looks impressive with its massive sides and large bow. They did a good job in cleaning the ship and from the angle they are at it was ready to go. Rosco and Nico were with them as they parked the Jeep in one of the garages off to the side. When they neared the ship however both Rosco and Nico gave a warning growl.

 

Alan, Robert, Henry and Josè all raised their rifles. The sounds of growling could be heard as something came off the ship. A single head poked up and from their vantage point the group saw that it was a Herrerasaurus.

 

“Oh fuck, how did those things get on board?” Robert said while holding his gun.

 

“They must have snuck onboard when we were busy with the Visitor’s Center cleanup,” replied Henry.

 

Rosco roared his challenge along with Nico.

 

Several more heads came up before they ran off from the ship back into the jungle. The group then decided to check the cargo hold again to make sure that there are no more dinosaur stowaways. Once on the ship they inspected the cargo hold. Nico and Rosco began to mark their scent across the ship. That proved to help since there was a few other dinosaurs there as well. Mostly smaller scavengers like the compy’s.

 

Once the group gave the all clear with a final inspection of the ship for any secret passengers they set off.

 

The waters were choppy as expected of a receding storm once they left the safety of the port. The waves were larger but not large enough to cause problems. Iggy and Terry leaped from the waters and swam alongside the ship. Nico the raptor was enjoying the sight. Thanks to Jessica special Dramamine was given to help make sure the animals were not sea sick.

 

Rosco poked his head out to see for himself and was very careful when he did. All he saw was endless oceans as he looked and roared. He then went back into the cargo hold with Nico while Sarah flew around the ship. She was more then happy to play in the wind. As they were well out to sea Alan and Robert could clearly see the track of the receding storm.

 

As they neared the isle of Isla Sorna. Josè steered the ship towards the southern end of the island.

 

“It is the only way sènior to get there otherwise you will have to swim to shore,” he said.

 

Slowly they made their way to the southern end of the island where one of the many inlets allowed them to take the ship inland. The water here was fairly deep. Iggy and Terry swam alongside them. Once in a while Alan watched as Iggy would leap out of the water as if memorizing landmarks before falling back into the ocean. Rosco and Nico are now on the deck since the water had calmed down while Sarah sat just above the cockpit.

 

“We are nearly there,” said Josè as they rounded another smaller inlet. This one is a bit narrow but still wide enough for the ship to turn around if it has to.

 

Slowly they spotted the docks, and Josè slowed the ship down, and began docking procedures. Once they docked and ready to depart was when they finally noticed the stench. Sarah leaped into the air in alarm and Rosco and Nico gave cries of warning.

 

“Aw shit that reeks!” Robert said as both he and Alan came on deck both with guns ready.

 

Once the ship had stopped was when they finally noticed the bodies.

 

“Oh shit!” Alan said softly but loud enough for the other two men to hear.

 

Oh madre de dios ayúdame,” Josè said saying a prayer to God.

 

“These look weeks old perhaps three weeks,” said Robert as he inspected the bodies. They had long since been picked clean but still chunks of flesh cling to their carcasses. Both dinosaurs and humans littered the docks and it looks like a fight had broken out.

 

“What happened here?” said Henry looking a little frightened and green.

 

“If I had to guess I’d say that they were not as lucky as us,” Robert replied.

 

“Let’s bury the dead and then get going,” Alan said.

 

Josè after we off load the supplies take the ship and head out to sea. Stay there till we are able to radio for you. If we can’t get to a radio then we will send Sarah,” he said pointing to the Pteranodon. Josè nodded before he went off to start offloading the ship.

 

It did not take him long to get all the supplies off including ammunition, food, and things they will need to observe the dinosaurs. Rosco and Nico at this time also were offloaded with Rosco avoiding the bodies as much as possible.

 

It took a good few hours to bury the dead, but the dinosaurs kept a close eye on the ship. That way any unwanted passengers were not getting on board. When the men were done burying the dead they watched as Josè cast off towards the open ocean. By now the sun had started to set on the island so that left them to seek shelter in one of the buildings off to the side.

 

“We should use the docks as our base camp for now. Tomorrow we head out towards the main Compound here,” Robert said pointing to a map.

 

“So we are here, and the main compound area is here. So that means we are crossing the central area where the carnivores are at,” Alan stated.

 

“Yeah pretty much, remember stick to the plan. Alan and I will be on the ground riding Rosco while Henry you take Sarah and fly above us. You will be our eyes in the sky. See anything suspicious you let us know alright,” Robert said to him his instincts as a former African game ranger came back to him.

 

“Alright will do,” Henry said while petting Sarah.

 

“I better teach you how to ride her so there is no mishaps,” Alan said.

 

Just as he said it Rosco growled low in his throat his tail raised high and his teeth fully bared. Nico was the same way with his claws spread wide and his mouth agape. The men quickly grabbed their guns. Taking aim towards the bushes they heard the tell tale signs of dinosaurs. The familiar clicking sounds and glowing eyes could mean only one thing.

 

Troodons

 

“Fuck me in the ass!” Henry said as he backed up with his own gun in hand.

 

Rosco however was ready as he put himself over the humans and roared causing the smaller dinosaurs to flee. Nico screeched his defiance as well since he too was protecting his human family.

 

When they were gone the group quickly began to secure their camp. Things such as having the dinosaurs mark the grounds shows that this was their nest. Sarah flew overhead to watch the predators retreat before flying back down to Alan.

 

When things finally calmed down after an hour or two Robert managed to start a fire while Nico and Rosco curled up around them. The two large predators made sure there were no other dinosaurs in the area. As they started to cook their food which was brought along with them they started on the plans.

 

“Alright it looks like from what I can see the facility is here,” said Henry pointing to the compound just to the northwest of them.

 

So we are here meaning that it would be about a five hours before we reach the workers village,” said Robert.

 

And then another two days till we reach the Compound if there is no mishaps,” said Alan.

 

“Yeah so that means that it would be a long trek,” Henry relied.

 

“Good thing my dinosaurs are used to long treks,” Alan replied.

 

They had rested throughout the night taking turns keeping watch with the dinosaurs sleeping alongside them. Rosco kept his body curled up around the men while Nico slept near their feet. The fire kept them warm as the island proved to be much colder then they thought it would be. The mountains had cooled the air so it was less humid.

 

 

LATER THAT NIGHT

 

 

 

It was Robert’s turn to keep watch when it happened. Henry had just gone to bed when the sound of crashing vegetation alerted him to something coming. However the growling of both dinosaurs was enough to alert the men that they were being hunted.

 

Alan and Henry also heard it as they were up instantly with guns ready. The first to come crashing through was a large ceratosaurus this one was drooling in the mouth. Both Alan and Robert were quick as they leaped away from the creature. Henry was almost not so lucky as he tripped on a piece of debris and fell over. It was by luck that his gun went off at the same time causing the dinosaur to be shot in the head by the bullet. It roared its rage at having its eye blown out, but it was Henry’s lucky shot. Robert and Alan both leaped into action and fired on the ceratosaurus while Nico and Rosco bit down from behind. The drooling dinosaur tried to get at the other two but both were experienced in dealing with this sort of animal. Having seen it before in cattle and live stock. Nico was the first to bite down on the dinosaur’s ankles causing it to stumble and fall. Rosco then bit down on the neck and gave a twist which caused it to fall.

 

When it did fall it died shortly afterwards. All three men were quick to determine the cause of the dinosaurs attack.

 

“That is one is infected,” Alan stated as he looked it over.

 

“Shit they have spread further then we thought,” Robert replied.

 

They managed to get the animal someplace where the compy’s don’t get to it. Mainly a large fire pit that was made with fallen trees and branches. After making the pit in the middle of the docks they lit it on fire using oil from the nearby drums. Once lit it burned with such an intensity that everyone backed away. They stayed till the fires died down leaving nothing left of the animal. Once it was fully burned they buried the remains deep in the jungle.

 

“Well so much for our night,” joked Alan as they began their journey towards the island’s interior.

 

 

 

THE SAFARI LODGE HOTEL, ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

 

“Tien no!” Owen said to the baby troodon while he ate his fill. Tien and Rosie were busy being fed by both Owen and his mother Jessica. Maria was sleeping on Spitz’s back while Tank was just outside also napping. With the herds now taken cared of both babies were enjoying a bit of feeding time before bed.

 

“I swear these two are energetic at night,” Jessica said and as she was feeding Rosie she decided to examine her to make sure she was healthy. By using the charts she had found in the main veterinarian office she was able to measure the size and weight of the two babies. Tien had almost doubled his length within the two weeks since he was born. Rosie did the same though not as quickly.

 

“Well if those things we saw in the Visitor’s Center are anything then Tien would reach his full growth by maybe five months,” Jessica said.

 

“What about Rosie mom?” Owen asked.

 

“I would say eight,” said Jessica as she finished feeding Rosie and burped her like a baby. The belch that came from Rosie made Jessica smile.

 

“Did Rosie enjoy that?” she said to the baby raptor. Rosie only responded by nudging her face and trying to preen her hair.

 

“Aww,” she said.

 

Just as she said it Richard and Ray entered the room. Both looked rather tired as they laid their guns down and sat on the couch.

 

“Are you guys hungry I got some food left over on the pot?” she said.

 

“Yeah I am,” said Richard and went to make himself something to eat. Ray did not move in fact he looked totally exhausted.

 

“Are you alright Ray?” asked Jessica.

 

The African American only nodded, “I sorry, I am just exhausted going through all those codes to reinstate the park, and breaking down those who are no longer necessary.”

 

“I see, well there is some food there and a couple of aspirin if you need it,” she said.

 

“Thanks,” Ray said getting up.

 

“Tien!” Owen said as the baby Troodon continued to climb on him to get a better view. His claws where scratching Owen but luckily the cuts were not deep and only bleed a little.

 

A squawk was heard as Frankie flew in with a moth in his mouth. The Archeopteryx landed on Owen’s other shoulder and proceeded to scold Tien for his bad behavior. The smaller dinosaur took to babysitting quite seriously, and if the two babies act up then he would be the one to discipline them. Tien then made a hissing sound at Frankie and showed that he was not going to listen. It was then that Owen realized how much Tien had grown.

 

Tien when he was born was only about the size of a small bird. Now he was about half the size of Frankie and starting to show his personality. The troodon was just as curious as the Archeopteryx, and would often times get into things just like Frankie would. Rosie was just as curious and would often times be seen wandering around Henry’s room looking for their father. When the babysitters come they would go to them instead.

 

They had taken to Maria quite well seeing as the now six year old was in the same mind set as them. She was small enough to get into the same places as them and when they followed her all three of them nearly got eaten by larger Troodon. It was only when Tank showed up that they were safe.

 

Tien and Rosie were growing fast. Already Rosie who maybe younger, but also twice the size of Tien was about the size of a small terrier. She only showed the signs of her larger relatives by picking on Tien. But these were just shows of dominance. Tien of course would retaliate and both would be fighting. The Grady’s had luckily been disciplined on dinosaur husbandry long ago with Alan’s dinosaurs so already the same was applied for these two babies.

 

Frankie and Tien started to get into a match on Owen’s shoulders much to the boys annoyance.

 

“Alright you two get off you’re hurting me,” he said and gently picked the two of them up and placed them on the ground. The continued to roll around with feathers and tails everywhere. It was only with the snort of a much larger animal did they both look chastised.

 

The Grady’s turned towards the balcony window to see Rexy standing there. She gave a rumble to the two of them causing them to look like scolded children.

 

“And how are you this evening my dear?” Jessica said to Rexy. She had taken a liking to the female rex and in a way Rexy had taken a liking to her.

 

The adult T-Rex seemed to enjoy spending her time with Jessica. In fact Jessica started to give her some minor training in etiquette and how to properly behave around people. It was also then that Jessica discovered that both she and Junior suffer from visual problems. In fact Alan was the one who noticed it when he started his training of the two dinosaurs.

 

I was on the beach standing completely still and calling to Rexy but she failed to come. In fact she was moving her head looking for me and it was as if she could not find me. So I did it several more times to see if it would work. She and Junior failed to see me. So I think something is wrong with her vision,” That was what Alan had told her.

 

Now that the adult is close enough Jessica figured it was time to give her a full examination. So she walked over to where the flashlights were while Owen went to get something to eat.

 

When she pulled one out she turned to Rexy, “Alright girl are you going to stay there for me?” she said.

 

Rexy made no move to leave in fact she was watching Jessica with curiosity as the woman shined the light into the larger dinosaur’s eye. Keeping her hand on Rexy’s snout as a form of reassurance she proceeded to look into Rexy’s eyes. That was when she noticed the problem right away.

 

Oh I see what is troubling you I will have to tell Gerry when he gets back,” she said. She then went on to examine her teeth and her skin giving her a facial which the female loves. Rexy leaned in when Jessica rubbed a few spots that were sore. She even was able to clean some wounds that she had obviously gotten while fighting some animal or another.

 

Rexy who was normally twitchy and unable to keep still or outright attack her handlers managed to be totally placid with Jessica. Maybe its the way she is handling the super predator is why she is behaving. Or maybe its because she stays absolutely still. When she was done Rexy eyed the people in the building and on the little ones. When she was satisfied that she had gotten her message through. She turned to look at Jessica before pulling out and heading towards where Tank was currently resting.

 

Jessica leaned out and saw for herself the forming bond between the wild Tyrannosaur and Tank. She had seen Rexy the other day prey on some of the other herbivores mostly the hadrosaurs which according to Alan was its preferred meal.

 

Wow,” she said as she turned to Owen who was eating his bowl of stew. Abril had taken it amongst herself to be the cook of the group. Having been born and raised in Venezuela she applied her own meals to the food that everyone ate.

 

When she saw Jessica with Rexy she was astonished that such a monster could get so gentle. When Rexy left she came up to Jessica with a plate of food for her.

 

“Gracias Abril,” she said.

 

The Hispanic Woman smiled as she spoke in Spanish her reply before walking off. Now Jessica smiled at seeing Owen playing with Frankie as the feathered demon was starting to settle down. Tien had worn himself out and is now sleeping next to Spitz. The dilophosaur had not moved for sometime. His deep breathing and quiet snores let Jessica know that he was very tired from his ordeal earlier that day with the herds.

 

That was another nightmare in itself and Jessica shuttered remembering it.

 

It just happened after Alan, Robert and Henry left for Isla Sorna. Somehow a carnotaurus had smashed through one of the walls surrounding the pens and caused a panic amongst the herbivores there. Spitz had a hell of a time dealing with the carnivore and it took Rexy and Junior to contain the larger predator. Jessica shuttered at that and the other predators who showed up. The compys had a field day with some of the smaller birds but luckily Frankie and Tank dealt with them.

 

Then a raptor tried to get at Ray when he went to check up on the power supplies. Luckily it was Richard who spotted the predator before he could get killed. A gunshot straight to the head brought the animal down. That had saved Ray and after some scolding from Richard about going alone did the darker man feel guilty about doing it.

 

When they had gotten back was when Tank went on the defense. Her tail swung around dangerously. When they looked it was because a Herrasaurus had somehow broke into the hotel lobby. The children had been scared when it came through for them and luckily Tank was there. She had taken care of the pack just by being who she was.

 

Jessica was just glad it was over with and the hotel itself was reinforced. The animal had come in from where the other dinosaurs had entered into the open hole for the lobby. Thankfully the children had been playing near Tank and the Ankylosaur was ready to protect them. She had done so before with a pack of wolves that had tried to eat them back in Montana.

 

And that was just the beginning of the problems. The children are at risk but without the dinosaurs they would have been even more in peril. Rexy had taken a liking to the children along with Junior and to see them fiercely defending them against other predators has shown the amount of trust that was built by it.

 

The remaining raptors the ones who had escaped the ship had tried several times to feed on the children. All of them had failed thanks to the combined efforts of both dinosaur and human team. Parker and Zahara both being new to the whole situation with dinosaurs did not at first understand the danger they were in until a dilophosaurus tried to eat them. Parker had venom spat into his eyes and it was thanks to Ray administering the antidote that saved Parker’s life. Ray had to warn Abril who can’t understand English about the dangers of this island. Fearing for her children she stayed close to them. After reassurance that Spitz was not a danger to them did she relax. Especially when said dinosaur gently picked up a crying Zahara when she fell.

 

Jessica knows that the dangers of this island are real and prays to whatever gods is out there that the others return home safely.

 

 

 

THE COMPOUND , ISLA SORNA

 

 

 

The first area they visited after checking their gear was the main workers village in Campo De Trabajadores. It was not far from where they had landed but it had taken them a while to get there. This was due to the area that they were in. The harbor was quite a distance from the main village which was about several miles east of their location. Checking the maps Robert led them to the village. Henry stayed on Sarah to keep a look out for trouble. As they neared the village they could see signs of even more death.

 

Humans remains lay everywhere. It was as if the workers did not have enough time to flee before being overrun.

 

“Oh my God!” Henry said when he landed with Sarah.

 

Rosco gave a mournful sound at the sight that greeted them.

 

Even more bodies were discovered in the workers village with compys still feeding on the remains. The smell was horrific as they looked on in horror.

 

“What happened here?” Alan said looking around.

 

Several bodies of dinosaurs were found amongst the remains. They were full of bullet holes and explosives. Several of them looked to be crazed as if something had gotten to them.

 

“This does not look like Prions at all,” said Robert.

 

“No, I have to agree,” Alan replied as he surveyed some of the remains. Henry was taking samples of all the dead while both Nico and Rosco surveyed the area. Nico being smaller wondered around the bodies towards the buildings. He too had lost his feathers and was now once again bare skin. As he came towards the building he sniffed around the building.

 

I t was Nico’s bark that drove the group near one of the buildings. When they neared the stench was fresh but they managed to find what had drawn the raptor’s attention.

 

Henry ran into the bushes to throw up his breakfast while Robert and Alan could barely hold their own stomachs.

 

There was a carcass of an obviously pregnant woman with her abdomen torn open. The baby or whats left of it was hanging out from the gaping hole. The rest of her body was shredded with compys feeding on her flesh. She looks as if she was freshly killed within the past two to three days. From her uniform she was one of the workers on the island. The next carcass was of a man trying to protect her from his position.

 

It was a sad sight.

 

“This wasn’t an evacuation this was a massacre,” Robert said.

 

Heavy footsteps could be felt as Rosco came around the corner to see for himself what they were staring at. When he saw the couple he leaned in close and sniffed. His moaning croons were all that they knew as he nudged the bodies.

 

“They are not coming back boy,” Alan said. It was sad to see so many people dead this day.

 

 

It took another day an a half to bury the dead, and when they did Henry was kind enough to look at their names from their wallets or id badges. He then marked the graves to show who was here and to make a list of all the men and women who had died on this island. Families who had come here seeking work only met their deaths here.

 

“They call these islands the five deaths for a reason,” Henry stated as he placed the last stone on a grave.

 

“I know,” Robert said and he had tears in his eyes. He knew some of these people, people who had worked side by side with him in the beginning of Jurassic Park.

 

Alan had his hands in front of him as if to say a prayer for the dead. As if mourning with the humans Rosco and Nico both crooned sadly and Sarah gave a sad whistle.

 

They decided not to camp at the Worker’s Village and instead opted to remain in the jungle. That way it would keep them safe from any wondering scavengers.

 

Sure enough as the sun had set and darkness set in on the third day of their stay on this island. Strange things started to appear in the jungle and the glowing eyes were any indication it was Troodons.

 

“Now it makes sense,” said Alan as he watched the Troodon make their way into the village.

 

“What makes sense?” asked Henry.

 

How all the villagers died,” Alan said as they watched the glowing Troodon disappear into the jungle. The sounds of their clicking kept the group up into the night but luckily Rosco and Nico kept a close watch.

 

“The Troodon are nocturnal so they had no idea that they were loose. Somehow they had gotten into the village and killed all the people here. I would not be surprised if they dragged some of the others into some cave or building to breed,” Robert said.

 

As the night wore on and the sounds of the jungle hit their ears the smell of death still lingered in the air.

 

By the next morning the were off again towards the labs. As they were traveling it was Henry who spotted the group of dinosaurs.

 

Hey guys?” he said over the radio.

 

“Yeah,” Robert replied.

 

I see a group of velociraptors ahead of you about a good ten minutes. These ones though are not the same as the raptors back on Nublar. In fact their coloration is totally wrong,” Henry said while riding Sarah.

 

“Alright we will keep alert,” Robert replied.

 

Rosco then suddenly stopped along with Nico. Both dinosaurs started to growl and Nico made a few barking calls.

 

His calls were answered by another raptor. Nico’s head cocked to the side as the first raptor appeared. This one was milky white with black spots on it. The one next to it was stripped with a blue stripe on its head. The third raptor was almost a match for the second except for a stripe along its flank. The fourth was brown with yellow stripes along its flank and its eyes were red. The other three raptor’s eyes were yellow and instead of a slit they were round like a bird’s.

 

Nico kept alert though as he slowly approached much to the men’s protest while Rosco also slowly approached. All six animals regarded each other with caution. The raptors looked towards the milky white one before it approached. Nico had a submissive posture in his body language as she leaned down to sniff. When she backed up she looked at the Rex and backed up slowly but Nico was not afraid of Rosco. This they found curious as Rosco sniffed them as well.

 

It was a tense few minutes before the raptors backed up and departed into the bush. It was an ethereal sight as they disappeared into the morning mist. Nico and Rosco both had confused looks on their faces but they were calm. That in turn kept the men calm as they continued their journey into the jungle.

 

A s they journeyed further into the jungle’s interior and further down the road they finally saw their first herbivore. It was an iguanadon and with it being alone and looking around constantly that shows that they are finally nearing the buildings. The long road was trek k ed for a few more hours till at last they approached a river.

 

Or at least a small waterfall. Nico and Rosco drank their fill and Alan, Robert and Henry filled their flasks. Sarah clung to the wall while she drank and cleaned off the salt and debris from her skin. Henry who was still on her back also cooled down thanks to the shower.

 

It was also here that they encountered another super predator. This one Alan recognized as a Ceratosaurus. It looked at both Rosco and Nico before running off into the jungle. The sounds of something squawking came to mind as Sarah lifted her head and was nearly assaulted by a smaller pterosaur. She snapped her bill at it and it flew off, but that was not before she reared in alarm at the much larger predator that came crashing through.

 

Rosco and Nico gave a warning to the three men as a T-Rex came charging through the jungle. Rosco being an experienced fighter by now reared back as the juvenile came charging through. The three men and Nico quickly scrambled away from the fighting titans. Sarah took to the air with Henry still on her back. The Asian man held on as the pteranodon flew higher.

 

The T-Rex roared its challenge which Rosco answered back with a vengeance. Snapping its jaws it charged him with the intent of killing him. Nico then attacked the T-Rex from behind using the branches as spring boards. Then using Rosco for a platform he leaped onto the T-Rexes back but the R ex only tossed him into the rocks knocking the raptor out.

 

Angered by his brother being thrown Rosco body slammed him from the side and took this Rex by the head and threw it into the trees. Roaring his loudest with his small claws spread out and tail swinging in agitation Rosco was more then ready to show this young dinosaur how to fight.

 

The smaller T-Rex charged again this time with the intent on biting Rosco in the leg. But Rosco only moved out of the way because he was faster. Then ramming his head into the smaller ones side he unbalanced the smaller Rex. When the Rex attempted to get up Rosco kept his challenger down by placing his food on the smaller ones throat. He then put his snout over the smaller one to show dominance.

 

The younger Rex tried to claw at him but after about five seconds relaxed. Knowing he had won Rosco relented allowing the younger one to escape. But Rosco was not without his own wounds.

 

The younger Rex had wounded him in his leg, tail and belly and the wounds were deep. Blood was pouring from them as Alan and the others came to him. It took about ten minutes to get Rosco calm enough for Alan to see to his wounds. Using water from the river to clean them he was not surprised to see them so deep.

 

Shit!” he said to the other two. Rosco moaned in pain but Alan thankfully managed to have some supplies on hand in case something like this happened. Reaching into the pack he had he pulled out some string and a needle from its package. He injected another needle into the dinosaur and Rosco instantly felt himself relax while Alan got to work on the wounds. Using his emergency vet training from on his ranch he managed to stitch up the wounds. Rosco rumbled his thanks as he did this and they were forced to make camp for the night to give the antibiotics time to set in.

 

Nico was found to be in better condition, but the impact he had on the rocks gave him a minor concussion. The raptor was out of it for a good portion of the day. And so Rosco has taken to carrying him on his back with the rest of the group while Henry flew overhead on Sarah.

 

It took another four hours of nonstop traveling till they found somewhere they could be safe. The rolling clouds that came in was a sure sign that another storm was coming.

 

It was a cave behind a waterfall that became their shelter. The cave itself was shallow and there are no connecting tunnels or routes in them. So settling Nico down and then setting up camp the group decided to rest. Rosco went off to hunt leaving the men with the wounded raptor. Sarah had found some fish in the pool below the waterfall so she stayed put with them. After relieving her of her saddle the pteranodon was more then happy to clean herself off and then rest near the open flame.

 

The group remained huddled behind the waterfall safe from any dinosaurs until the sounds of footsteps alerted the group of Rosco’s return. The dinosaur walked in with a carcass in tow. This one was of a hadrosaur youngling and he gently put it down near Nico. The raptor who had slowly started to get coherent again was encouraged to eat. Alan had to check to make sure that this animal was not effected by the Prions. When it was shown to be safe then he helped Rosco feed Nico.

 

The raptor then started to eat, but not before throwing up a bit.

 

That was to be expected.

 

 

Alan checked their wounds to make sure they are healing right before moving onto Sarah. The Pteranodon may not have done much fighting but her wings sometimes needs a bit of TLC.

 

“What are you doing Grant?” asked Robert.

 

I am working on her wings it helps her to relax,” Alan replied as he began to massage the wing joints and the shoulders. Sarah crooned and whistled as she enjoyed the feeling to being spoiled. She laid down flat allowing him further access across her back and a few popped joints here and there had the pteranodon asleep in no time. You could hear her whistles as she sleeps which allows Alan to finally relax while Rosco and Nico eat.

 

Henry watched in fascination as the dinosaurs started to move next to Alan when they were done. Robert was sitting on first watch while they all huddled for the night.

 

“Hey Dr. Grant?” asked Henry.

 

“Henry for the love of God call me Alan! Dr. Grant is only reserved for presentations and the like,” Alan said to the Asian man.

 

“Sorry Alan how is it that your dinosaurs are loyal to you out of curiosity?” asked Henry.

 

Simple: love Henry. When you love an animal and if you treated it right then it will love you back. I love my dinosaurs like they are my children and in a way they are. I trained them using their natural instincts to my advantage. I’d never contain them or lock them up. Back in Montana they were free to roam as they pleased but yet they never left the ranch. It was as if the ranch was their territory and so they stayed. I showed them love Henry and they in turn love me. I proved them that I will not run or hide from them and I showed them the right way to raise them. Trust me it was not easy but I was able to do so.” Alan said to him.

 

“Henry when an animal sees that you are not a threat they will not kill you. It is called respect, Alan respects their nature and they in turn respect him. It a bond that is so strong that if something were to happen then you will lose these dinosaurs. Don’t forget that Henry,” Robert said to him.

 

Henry started to understand now why Alan was so passionate about his animals. He started to think about Tien and Rosie as he drifted off to sleep. Alan himself turned in sleeping against Rosco while Nico’s head was in his lap. Robert kept watch while the others slept.

 

 

 

CONTROL ROOM, ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

 

Ray Arnold was typing away at a keyboard seeing for himself the extent of the damage done by Dennis Nedry. Alexis Murphy had done wonders to fix the system and even created a way to work around the back door. As he typed he could not help but look at the mess that was Nedry’s desk. The Macintosh computer that was there on the desk just stared at him with its blank screen. Ray grew curious as he got up and headed for the desk of that slob.

 

Richard was at the door holding his gun while Maria and Zahara were playing with Tien and Rosie. Tien and Rosie were their dinosaur detectors. If they smell danger then they were leaving, but for now all was quiet.

 

 

As Ray looked at the code from Nedry’s computer something caught his eye. Looking down at the many candy wrappers and soda cans Ray could not help but feel disgust at the man who did this. Then when he moved on piece of wrapper it was then that he caught it again. Taking the wrapper he opened it up to reveal code.

 

It had been something that shocked him to the core.

 

They were not only computer codes but algorithms. Looking at another wrapper Ray discovered even more of them and more. Clearing the space he found even more that slob did it unpurpose. He would need a computer expert to look into these better.

 

And he knows just who to ask.

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

Chapter 25: The Jungle Ruins

Summary:

We get some action of Isla Sorna.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

SOMEWHERE IN THE JUNGLE, ISLA SORNA

 

 

 

The storm came suddenly and it came hard. The group was forced to remain in the cave while the waters outside raged in torrents. The amount of water that came suddenly forced them to remain as they were. It was too dangerous to cross and the current too strong to swim. Even Sarah was feeling apprehensive after the two days they had been there.

 

It was nearly a week since they had landed on Isla Sorna. Already they ran into problem after problem. What they thought was just a normal ride in the park turned into a nightmare fast. There were dead bodies everywhere plus sick dinosaurs to deal with. Then there was avoiding all the predators and finding shelter where ever they can find it.

 

“Easy there boy,” Alan said to Nico as he was still recovering from a concussion. The Raptor had taken a hit while fighting off a juvenile T-Rex. The Juvenile was not as docile as Junior making it a male seeking to find his territory. Thankfully Rosco scared it off but for how long is the answer.

 

The only good thing going for them was there was plenty of fish to feed the hungry dinosaurs and humans. The fish were very large and Rosco learned how to catch them to feed the injured Nico. Sarah was a great teacher and showed Rosco how to catch them by holding still. Using this technique he managed to catch his own. The other good side was the occasional animal that washed up in the cave from the torrents outside. Due to the cave being slightly above ground they manged to salvage the dead animal or two for the meat eaters.

 

The men also had their fill of meat from the dead animals and being careful to make sure that there were no prions ate their fill as well.

 

As the torrents continued they waited out the storm, and hoping to see the water recede just enough for them to leave. They could not hear the wind outside due to the sheer volume of the water falling from above them. The noise from the waterfall alone was deafening and to even talk to each other was impossible. Luckily for them hand signals were enough to communicate with.

 

The water did not recede for another three days. By that time everyone was getting a bit apprehensive. When it finally did recede everyone was at wits end on the fifth day.

 

It was also then that rations started to get low.

 

Cursing their luck the men had to wait until the waterfall was back to its original size and depth before being able to depart.

 

By now Nico had made a full recovery no longer showing signs of his concussion. Alan had to check to make sure there was no lasting damage done to the raptor before moving on. Rosco and Sarah were more then happy to leave.

 

Once out of the waterfall they could finally see for themselves the amount of damage done during the storm.

 

While safely sheltered behind the waterfall the flood that had taken place had washed out a good portion of the path in front of them. Already debris was everywhere and so they made their way around it. It was Sarah who was still on the ground that found the first outside casualty.

 

 

It was a Baryonyx a fish eating dinosaur. This one was dead having obviously drowned in the flood. Sniffing the carcass Sarah moved away slowly. Rosco was the second dinosaur to inspect it and growled low. Then it was Nico who also followed.

 

The three men approached the carcass and Alan looked at the animal. Sure enough the signs of infection were there. The skin was scrapped off in various places due to constant scratching and from the looks of it the tail had been bitten in various places.

 

“So Alan can you identify what kind of prions we are dealing with?” asked Henry who was the medical expert.

 

“Definitely a Scrapie type of Prions because of the sheep they had been eating. The signs are there, the bitten tail and the claw marks along the skin. I’d say definitely a scrapie type of infection.” Alan confirmed.

 

“I knew there was something familiar about this infection,” Robert said looking at the dead animal.

 

“So if that were the case?” Henry stated

 

“Then we need to make sure that no more animals are getting sick,” Alan said to them.

 

 

They continued on wards following the river down into one of the valleys. It was there that they discovered the meadow and the first full encounter with the herbivores.

 

The road they followed worked into the valley. Having taken the left road which was the shorter way then the right. Looking at the map all three men concluded that they did not go very far from the worker’s village due to the problems that happened along the way. The compound in the Worker’s village was a pretty good size, but from what Henry described the main compound was by far larger then any of the buildings on the island.

 

Rosco’s wounds were healing well which thanks to the medical supplies and the clean water from the runoffs helped to prevent the wounds from infection. After burning the body of the Baryonyx they continued on their way. Because of the saturation of water in the ground finding dry wood was difficult so starter fluid was used instead. That combined with the methane gas from the gut made for a burning sensation that scared any scavenger away.

 

They discovered a few compys along the way all of them infected and all of them killed. The ones who were healthy were also given a check to make sure they were not carrying the disease. The meadows below them however were vastly different then the jungle.

 

For one there was no cover from any predator, but the herbivores here were grazing peacefully.

 

It was a small herd of triceratops all of them juveniles with a few adults surrounding them. At the sight of Rosco and Nico they formed a protective circle around their young with horns sticking out. Rosco and Nico ignored them after having eaten another carcass just before entering the field. This animal was clean of infection so their bellies were full. Sarah had taken to the skies once again with Henry on her back. The Asian man surveyed the valley below them looking for any signs of danger.

 

So far there were none but that is to be expected with a low population of dinosaurs.

 

“They had not had time to fully breed yet having bred in the facilities. But once established they will start breeding,” Alan said to them as they traveled further down the meadows.

 

They encountered other herbivores stegosaurus, brachiosaurs that were much smaller then the ones on Nublar. Parasaurolophos, Iguanadon, Maiasaurus and Corythosaurus were among the others there feeding on the vegetation of the meadow.

 

The bellows of other sauropods joined the group as different species started to congregate there. The group watched in the distance, but always kept an eye out.

 

“Any signs of infection Henry?” Alan asked from his radio.

 

Negative it seems only the carnivores have the infection and so far the rain had washed out any dung droppings we could find. I am however seeing movement in the trees to the northwest where the herbivores are coming from. They don’t look like any more herbivores.” Henry said from the air.

 

“Alright we will look in that direction seeing as we have to go there anyways,” he said.

 

As they traveled through the meadow following the road towards their destination. The trees suddenly parted to see a much larger predator going after the herbivores.

 

“Oh fuck me!” said Alan.

 

“What?” asked Robert.

 

If I am correct then that is a giganotosaurus it was just recently discovered. If this animal is fully grown it would be bigger then Rosco,” said Alan.

 

“Oh shit!” said Robert then reached for the radio.

 

“Henry did you get that?” he asked.

 

Yeah I got it from up hear it looks as if the animal has not reached its full growth yet,” Henry said.

 

“Alright any signs of infection?” he asked Alan.

 

Alan had to look and sure enough the animal showed clear signs of infection.

 

“Yeah I got signs,” he said and it was then that Robert grabbed his large elephant rifle.

 

“Alright lets get to it,” he said.

 

Alan nodded as they gave chase.

 

 

 

COMPTON CALIFORNIA

 

 

The Witmams were a family who lived in the worst part of Compton. It seems like every day gunshots could be heard out in the street or someone was breaking into someone else’s home. But for the Witmans it just was life in the ghetto. To them having grown up here for generations it was home.

 

Gary Witman lived with his parents and having to work two jobs to help pay for the bills. His father and mother also worked two jobs just to make ends meet and all three of them are always crossing each other out the door. Gary works at a tech firm as a low level program m er. Though Gary’s skills were exceptional they were obviously not enough for the company to prompt a promotion.

 

Or so one thought.

 

The company that Gary works for is a computer firm that branches off of IBM. The smaller firm has many people working hard to help with the programming needed to keep the computer company afloat. And with that Gary was sure his skills could be of use. After all he is a better programer then most of his compatriots. But even after several years working for the firm he has yet to move up the ladder.

 

The reason for this is because his boss is one of those who prefers white workers to people of color. Only those of white skin were able to get promotions while better workers like Gary were left in the dust. His other job was much simpler as a worker at McDonald's.

 

Now Gary is a rather over weight man. His diabetes has caused him to swell more then what he normally eats. He is a strict vegetarian preferring a salad then a hamburger. It was to help control his diabetes, but that did not help stop the swell in his belly. Gary unlike most of his fellows prefers to exercise daily taking a jog around his neighborhood to help keep his blood sugar under control. This has helped a lot in keeping him mobile and helps with his ideas for his programming skills.

 

Gary’s basement was where he kept most of his computer work and his computer systems. Having several monitors up and working is hard on the electric bill. But Gary had solved this problem with his newly made solar panels. The solar panels are on the roof of his home and provided the electricity needed to power his computers. This also helps to cut down on the electric bill.

 

It was on Gary’s day off from both jobs that he had gotten the phone call.

 

“Gary dear you have a phone call!” his mother called as she was preparing to go to work.

 

“Alright mom!” Gary said and rolled his chair over to where the phone was at on his desk.

 

“Gary here?” was the answer.

 

Gary wassup brother hows it been,” said a voice.

 

Ray?” was the reply.

 

Yeah its me,” Ray Arnold said from the other side.

 

Oh my God Ray you know its been so long man since I last heard from you!” Gary said sounding excitedly as he held the phone against his ear.

 

Yeah I’ve been busy working,” Ray replied.

 

Suddenly something was heard in the back ground with what sounded like kids yelling. Then the sound of “Frankie you damn shit you better give me back my cigarettes right now!” Ray said on the other side.

 

All that Gary could hear was a bunch of squawking.

 

What was that a bird?

 

“Hey Ray I did not know you were into pets?” he said.

 

The animal is not mine I am only babysitting it for someone and right now it is being a pest, ‘Frankie for the love of God put that thing down!’” he said at the other end.

 

“Wow, so what is the meaning of this call Ray, not that I don’t mind and all,” Gary said to him.

 

Alright here’s the deal I got some algorithms for you to look at. The place I’ve been working at has been hacked and the bastard who was one of the employees wrecked the programming involved to do so.” Ray said.

 

“Ok how am I of some help?” Gary asked.

 

The fax machine still works doesn’t it? I am faxing you the algorithms and I want you to read them for me. They are basically for a back door that I discovered into the system and I know the basics of what it does. But I don’t know the full extent. The guy who did it has recently died of an animal attack just down the road of where I am now that is why I need your help,” Ray said.

 

“Alright I will….what do you mean the hacker who did this died of an animal attack? Just where are you Ray?” asked Gary.

 

I am in Costa Rica working for a biotech firm. And the guy who died is Dennis Nedry know him?” Ray asked.

 

Nedry? BoxJellyfish1955 are you kidding me? That bastard was working with you and he is dead?” Gary said.

 

Yeah pretty much,” was Ray’s reply.

 

“Holy shit if that fucker messed up your systems I am down to help you fix it. Just send me the shit and lets see what I can do,” said Gary and gave Ray his fax number as well as the contact number to call him by.

 

It was not even five minutes later that the fax machine started to go off. With it came sheet after sheet as Gary pulled it out and his eyeballs went wide at the amount of equations on the paper.

 

“Fuck me in the ass like a faggot!” he swore as he looked at all the formulas. Quickly racing towards his dry erase board Gary quickly erased the useless content on the board and began to write out the algorithms instead.

 

When he was done he whistled.

 

 

JURASSIC PARK CONTROL ROOM, ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

 

Ray was staring at the algorithms when the phone rang. Picking it up Ray answered, “Control room,” Ray said.

 

Ray its me Gary,” Was Gary’s voice on the other side.

 

“So what have you got for me Gary?” Ray asked.

 

Well from the looks of it. You were right it is a back door. But not only is it a back door it is also a virus. A god forsaken time bomb virus.” said Gary.

 

“Alright if that was the case what does the virus do?” Ray asked.

 

Well the virus was a means to break down something, and if I had to guess it was your security firewalls. Nedry must have been selling your secrets to whoevers from the start. The main code that I see here is a back door into your security system. So that way he can sneak in without anyone’s notice. My guess is also that he was probably using not only his cubicle, but another computer somewhere to hack into the systems without anyone noticing.” Gary replied to him.

 

“Fuck!” was Ray’s response.

 

“You said that this thing was also a virus for breaking down firewalls. Can you explain to me by looking at the algorithm how was he able to do that?” Ray asked Gary.

 

There was a pause on it before Gary replied, “Well if I am reading this right. It is a time bomb virus meaning that he was planting bombs throughout your code to break the system down on a timed schedule. So after a certain amount of time the virus would act as sort of a nuclear bomb and destroy your whole system. Or it can cause just enough damage for you to be distracted from what he was really doing,” was Gary’s reply.

 

 

Stealing corporate information,” Ray replied not telling Gary that Nedry was in fact stealing dinosaurs.

 

Nedry also did his homework and if my guess was correct he must have done a lot of damage to your systems if you are calling me for help,” Gary replied.

 

“He destroyed pretty much a good number of our systems. Another hacker helped us get the phones and the basics back online but that is all she did. After all she is just a kid and when they took her back home she could not do much more,” Ray replied.

 

Good God,” Gary said.

 

Suddenly the babies and Frankie went silent before alarms started to go off from the dinosaurs. Cursing Ray had to apologize to Gary before hanging up and started packing.

 

The children were already ready to go along with Richard as they made their escape.

 

 

ISLA SORNA

 

 

The late evening was just around the corner. The sun began to dip over the horizon when they finally found the main compound. The compound itself looks deserted but the smell of death was permeated here as well. When they entered to their horror it was as if world war 3 had gone off with blackened walls and charred bodies both human and dinosaur.

 

“What the fuck happened here?” Robert asked.

 

The last time he talked to someone was about two to three weeks ago. This however was not what he had anticipated.

 

The compound was and looks deserted in fact a lot of the stuff one would see here was just gone. The main desk looks as if someone ransacked it and the char marks were everywhere.

 

“Looks like someone torched the place,” Henry said as he joined them on the ground. Walking around the front office when they entered Alan, Robert and Henry left the dinosaurs to secure the area for them while they looked around. Nico was right beside them while Rosco went to hunt and to patrol the compound for larger predators. Alan was no fool so far the dinosaurs were mostly juveniles having the adults shipped to Isla Nublar for their show in Jurassic Park. Some of them had to have been bred here and became adults here. The juvenile T-Rex they had seen was the largest of them so far. But the Carnotaurus was by far the only adult dinosaur they had fought.

 

 

But what other secrets they have here.

 

The charred remains of many of the employees now raised Alan’s suspicions and looking over his shoulder Robert and Henry’s too.

 

“This was no normal dinosaur breakout,” Henry said when they shown their flashlights around.

 

“Do you know where the living quarters are?” Alan asked.

 

“Yeah this way,” Robert said as he led Alan and Henry over to a separate building. This was obviously where most of the scientists and higher ups sleep because of the way it was arranged. Robert managed to fish some keys out from behind the desk.

 

 

 

COMPOUND LIVING QUARTERS

 

 

“At least the living quarters is as it was years ago,” Robert said when they entered the empty room.

 

The living quarters was spacious as well as dark and empty. Nico sniffed around first to make sure that no dangerous animals were there. They checked the vents and even the windows for any signs of danger. Alan quickly opened the balcony doors to allow Rosco to poke his head in. He emphasize the importance of letting the T-Rex see and smell them to know that everything is well.

 

“The last thing we need is for him to smash through the walls because he can’t find us,” Alan warned as the two other men quickly set up something.

 

It was a miracle that the lights still worked in the facility unlike the main compound where there is nothing.

 

“I bet the eggs have all rotted already,” Henry said as they sat down. Robert went to the phones to see if he can get them to work but the lines were dead.

 

“Well so much for checking in with Ray on the phones,” he said.

 

“Here let me,” Henry said as he looked at the phones but he also heard no dial tone.

 

“Something must have happened to the lines,” Henry said.

 

“Must have something to do with the char marks on the walls.” Alan stated.

 

“Must have been, how else would there be this much dead corpses around. I mean what happened here? I was on the phone with the guys not even three weeks ago. So this must be recent,” Robert replied.

 

“I agree those corpses back at the Workers Village and at the docks was no joke. This is no outbreak of Prions. In fact we only killed several animals since coming here and from my understanding Prions is rare and can be contained. The symptoms that these animals have are not your normal prions. Though the similarities are there it reminded me more of rabies then Prions.” Alan said.

 

“I agree with Alan on this one Robert. Prions is a breakdown of protein in the brain the animals we killed so far to get here. They were not behaving like a normal Prions inflicted animal would. Their behavior was not like that at all. In fact it reminded me of a rare form of rabies. Even Rosco and Nico when they kill them tend to avoid directly biting them or getting bitten meaning that something is going on here.” Henry said.

 

“Yeah and what about the char marks on the walls? I mean those people back there did not look like the dinosaurs had killed them. The workers village did and the docks did but I think everything that has happened, it happened here,” Alan stated.

 

“I am curious as to what had happened here myself. If my gut is telling me anything it happened sometime after the hurricane had struck. Meaning that when the hurricane hit Nublar this island felt it first since the storm made a move north. It is actually rare to see and even rarer to feel such an impact. But Sorna did feel the storm and when we were able to communicate with them. All they could tell me was that InGen ordered them to leave. That was it nothing more nothing less. Now that I am thinking about it something does not seem right with the whole thing,” Robert said.

 

“I have to agree with Robert, Alan I mean why spend millions of dollars on creating dinosaurs. Then suddenly throw all that money away when a storm struck. That is a wasted investment I should say. A company such as InGen who spends millions to create this place and then create the dinosaurs has to have some sort of contingency plan if something like a storm should happen. I mean it happens all the time, this is the tropics and storms such as these tend to happen.” Henry said as Robert returned with something for them all.

 

It was canned soup that he had warmed up using the supplies that they still had left.

 

“I know and until we get those answers as to why they suddenly pulled out we can only assumed that something happened to kill all those people and animals. The dinosaurs I know didn’t do this sort of damage. Not even at this juvenile stage can they cause this much death. And that does not explain the char marks on the walls or what appears to be an explosion. When we look into it tomorrow we can find out more once the sun is up,” Alan stated.

 

“What I want to know is why? Why waste so much money and research. I mean if it is that bad then why not improve it. I know now I am against the whole thing thanks to my babies, I am trying to think from a companies perspective,” Henry replied.

 

“Like Alan said we can’t know for sure until tomorrow when the sun is up,” said Robert.

 

Suddenly they heard a noise and all of them instantly reached for their weapons.

 

Only to find Nico there with a compy in his mouth.

 

Breathing a sigh of relief the men backed down while Rosco having himself hunted reared up with a dead animal in his mouth. Breathing a sigh of relief the men slowly took turns once again to rest.

 

 

 

 

THE NEXT MORNING

 

 

 

It was a pretty uneventful night thankfully and with the sun slowly rising in the east over the mountains. The cool night air seemed to have permeated the grounds which gave it a rather cold feel. Rosco and Nico did not mind the cold much which suited the men just fine as they slept. When the sun rose they each got up to scout the room for any creatures that might have gotten in.

 

What they found instead was Nico defecating in the shower. At least there is no water for them to use the shower.

 

Each of them walked out one by one to explore the grounds to some extent. The ground was clearly saturated with the morning mists. The cool air was teaming with the sounds of birds and insects with the occasional call of a herbivore.

 

The sight that greeted them when they finally saw the building once again was something out of a zombie movie. The building itself looks as if something exploded with the roof of the buildings looking like something went off. There was old blood stains and char marks everywhere. But what intrigued the men were the holes on the side of the building.

 

Alan put his hand on the wall to examine them.

 

“This was no accident,” he said.

 

“I agree I’ve seen my fair share of slaughter back in Africa but this.” Robert said as he looked at the bullet holes.

 

“You think these guys were killed?” asked Henry.

 

“Yeah, that would explain why InGen wanted to cover up the whole ordeal. I mean spending millions of dollars on dinosaur clones only for it to be abandoned. I doubt they wanted everyone to spill the beans,” Robert said.

 

“I doubt it,” Alan said and the other two looked at him in confusion, “Look at it this way why kill off your resources? That would also be a waste of money. If I were them I would put them to good use elsewhere.”

 

The other two men looked at him with understanding. It made sense that InGen would not waste resources. The power was gone having been taken out by whatever it was that attacked them.

 

Nico took the lead and began to sniff around the area. The area reeked of death as the bodies of many employees filled the walls. As they walked further in they could see more and more evidence that something tragic had happened.

 

“Oh dear God!” said Robert as he studied the face of someone who died along the wall. Alan and Henry both shined their flashlights into the dark corridor where the sun failed to penetrate.

 

There leaning against the wall with the remains of blood splattered was a body of someone in a ranger’s uniform. The Jurassic Park Logo showing clearly on the man’s breast but under it was the words GAME WARDEN.

 

“Robert is that…..?” Henry said.

 

“Lewis,” Robert replied looking at what is left of his skull. The back of his head was torn open. His brains long gone and if it wasn’t for his badge and uniform they would not have recognized him. Robert has tears coming out of his eyes as his shoulders started to shake. Then a deep wail was heard as he leaned onto the body and cried.

 

Alan was at a loss, but it was Henry who leaned in and explained, “Lewis and Robert are brothers,” said Henry and Alan mouthed an ‘Oh’.

 

A small whine was heard and Alan turned his head to look at what made the noise. Nico lowered his head as if sensing Robert’s distress. A low mourning sound was heard as Rosco also made his presence known. The hallway was large enough for the Tyrannosaur to fit in and so he came to see for himself why Robert was crying. Leaning down his massive head he took a sniff at the body and at Robert before leaning in. As if sensing the dinosaur’s intentions Robert put his head against Rosco’s snout.

 

Nico too mourned at the dead individual in front of him. He took a sniff as if remembering his scent. His mournful cries were also heard. The other two men stood there in silence allowing Robert to mourn his brother’s death.

 

It was then that Nico began to sniff the body and so did Rosco. It was Alan who knew the signs.

 

“What is it guys?” he asked.

 

Robert having heard Alan looked up from his mourning. His tear streaked face suddenly lit up when he noticed Nico sniffing Lewis’s hand.

 

Looking down Robert finally noticed the object that Lewis was protecting. Opening up his hand slowly he found to his surprise a floppy disk! The disk itself was still intact with no signs of mold or mildew. It was in a protective case keeping it safe from the elements.

 

Taking it out Robert looked at it and saw to his surprise it said only one thing.

 

DX COTANGENT

 

Robert gave the disk to Henry who looked at it in shock.

 

“I thought they contained the disease,” he said to them.

 

Robert was helped up by Nico who gave him an inquiry.

 

“I will be fine boys thanks,” he said to the two dinosaurs. Going to a nearby water fountain that still works Robert cleaned his face as he stared at the wall.

 

His breathing was ragged but he slowly took deep breaths to try and control his emotions. It was a comforting hand that gave him the courage to turn around. It was Alan’s hand on his shoulder and his was followed by Henry as they both offered their support of him. The dinosaurs not wanting to be left out gave mourning calls.

 

 

 

 

TEMPORARY HERDING PENS, ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

 

“Richard I am worried about Alan,” said Jessica as she examined a goat that had gotten itself bitten by a compy.

 

“Why’s that dear?” Richard asked his wife.

 

“Richard, Alan broke his ankle two weeks ago and he is now on some other dinosaur infested island with no help. How would I feel? I mean I love the man he is my friend and he and his dinosaurs are family to me, but the way he is running himself ragged with that ankle of his is not good for his health.” She said.

 

“Abril said the same thing dear Ray told me as much, but you know Al. He will want to get at the heart of things to ensure that everything is alright. And besides with him here it would be harder to get the help he needs,” Jessica said.

 

“I know and you can grade him when he gets back,” Richard said as he gave his wife a peck on the lips to show that he means it.

 

 

The goat bayed as it felt itself swaying and Jessica quickly gave it an injection. It was one of the medications that she had read in the Jurassic Park vet center. Gerry was thorough about his notes in dinosaur care. He and his team of vets had researched how to treat dinosaur ailments and Jessica quickly added her own notes in there. She had found that the compys carry bacteria in their bite like those of any scavenger. The bite on this goat had gotten infected and Gerry suggested some methods in dealing with the bites.

 

Jessica had read the notes and was doing as he had written.

 

As she treated the goat the sound of compys could be heard and luckily for both her and her husband Rexy had recently urinated in the area. So the Compys are more cautious about coming near the pens. A single compy was seen on top of one of the fence posts. This one they both knew well a scout they had named Peepers. Peepers had red highlighted stripes on his back and they could tell he was a male. The bright golds and reds highlighted his gender quite well and as usual Peepers only watched them.

 

“I know what you are thinking you little shit,” Richard said to him.

 

Peepers only cocked his head before scampering off. Tank then appeared from the underbrush munching on some leaves. On her back was Maria with Rosie. Rosie had taken a liking to Maria and was now often seen with the youngest Grady. Tank bellowed at the compys and hearing the many feet disappearing into the underbrush showed that they were just as afraid of Tank as the carnivores.

 

“Thanks girl,” said Jessica as she continued her work.

 

 

 

THE COMPOUND, ISLA SORNA

 

 

It was Henry who noticed Alan started to sweat. His face was clearly in pain as he was leaning more on the wall.

 

“Alan are you sure you should be here?” Henry asked the other man.

 

Both Robert and Henry were reluctant to have Alan go along with them even with his injury, but the man was insistent. Even the dinosaurs seemed worried with him leaning on Nico.

 

“I have to Henry, I want to know what the fuck is going on and even if I am injured things needed to be done. Besides this is not my first walk in the park,” Alan joked.

 

“Even so we should find someplace for us to rest it is nearing noon,” Henry said.

 

“Alright,” replied Alan.

 

They managed to find themselves in an office just off to the side. Rosco was guarding the door while Nico was looking worriedly at Alan. Alan’s face was in agony even after the cortisone shot wore off. The cast on Alan’s leg looks downright disgusting so both men started to worry for their friend.

 

“We need to find a medical facility,” said Robert.

 

“I think I remember where it is,” said Henry as he stood up.

 

“Stay here we don’t want to be separated especially with those dinosaur running around,” Robert said.

 

Henry plopped himself down once again as he leaned down on the couch that was in the office. He accidentally knocked over the phone that was in the hand of the owner of the office. This man looked to have once been overweight. But his remains shown that he was shot by a stray bullet to the chest. When the phone landed there was a sound to it.

 

All three men looked towards the phone...and each other.

 

 

 

 

JURASSIC PARK CONTROL ROOM, ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

Ray was going over what his friend had told him. The lines of code making so much sense now that he was seeing the back door. Lex had managed to seal some of the breaks in the code but not all of it was repaired in the short amount of time.

 

It was then that the phone started to ring. Ray quickly reached over and picked up the phone.

 

“Control Room,” he said.

 

Ray?” was Henry’s voice on the other end.

 

“Henry? Henry thank God! I had been waiting to hear from you what’s the situation?” he asked.

 

Ray...” and there was some hesitation with his voice, “There has been a complication.” Now at the sound of this Ray’s face started to frown.

 

“Complication? Is it Alan’s foot I told that muther fucker that he should have stayed put!” Ray stated. It was then that the sound of shuffling could be heard and then Robert’s voice filled his ear.

 

No, Alan is in pain but he is fine. The dinosaurs are not as sick as we thought they were Ray. In fact they seem to be thriving here. We so far had been able to kill at least a dozen dinosaurs and dealt with the infected areas before the compys can spread the disease. But that is not the problem Ray.” Robert said.

 

“Then what is the problem?” Ray asked.

 

Someone has been here before us Ray.” was the reply.

 

“Wait someone has been there before you? How?” asked Ray.

 

We don’t know but all the employees are dead….. including Lewis,” It was then that Ray heard the croaking in Robert’s voice.

 

“Robert, I’m...I’m sorry man,” Ray replied. He liked Lewis he was a decent fellow and he knew how close he and Robert were.

 

The Worker’s Village was a massacre we found bodies all over the place. They stood no chance against the Troodon. And we encountered predators from the docks when we first landed. I don’t know what would have happened if Alan had not insisted he’d come with his dinosaurs.” Robert said to him.

 

“So basically something happened to everyone,” Ray said hesitantly. He knew some of those people and worked alongside them for years.

 

Now from what Robert is telling him they are dead.

 

They were shot dead here at the main compound. I have a feeling this is where it all started. Something happened and all we got is a floppy disk and bullet holes in the walls. It is a mess!” Robert said.

 

“If you get access to any video let me know and we can look at the tapes when you get back,” Ray said.

 

Alright will do,” Robert said and hung up.

 

Ray’s hand was shaking as he lowered the phone. The news was dire indeed with all those people gone what were they going to do?

 

 

 

 

THE COMPOUND, ISLA SORNA

 

 

 

Robert hung up the phone and stared at the others, “We need to find out exactly what happened here. And for that we need to dig deeper,” he said. Just as he said it he started looking at where exactly they are at. It looks to be one of the administrators offices so he could only assume that they are still in the administration section of the building.

 

“So what are we looking for Robert?” asked Alan as he started shuffling through drawers.

 

“We need to find manifests or anything that would tell us what is going on,” Robert stated.

 

As they dug around they noticed that papers were missing.

 

“There is nothing here as if someone was trying to cover their tracks,” Henry stated.

 

“Or someone was trying to steal information,” Robert replied as he dug around.

 

“But why would they steal information?” Alan asked.

 

“They wanted to know more about the dinosaurs I would guess. InGen has a lot of enemies, and those enemies will not hesitate to move in once InGen has made a mistake.” Robert replied.

 

“You mentioned one of them once, Biosyn right?” Alan said.

 

“Yeah they are InGen’s main competitor. They are notorious for stealing the research of other companies and using them for their own means.” Henry said.

 

“Like cloning dinosaurs,” Alan stated.

 

“Yeah,” replied Robert.

 

With nothing to show for their search the three men decided to search the other offices. The sounds of the birds and passing herbivores filled their ears. The light of the day began to wane when they finally exited the administration building and returned to the living quarters. There the atmosphere was quiet while the men ate. Rosco and Nico went to hunt leaving the three of them around a makeshift fire.

 

“So Robert how did you know Lewis?” asked Alan out of curiosity seeing as the man was just staring into the flames.

 

“Lewis and I are half brothers. We had the same mother just different fathers. I was the oldest of us. When my mother got pregnant with me she was raped by a man who came into her home in Johannesburg. She walked in to witness a few men were robbing her house. She screamed for someone to call the police when one of them seized her from behind. The neighbors who lived there told me the rest when I went back there to seek answers after she died.” Robert said.

 

The others remained quiet even the dinosaurs stayed silent when Robert told this sad story.

 

“They told me that she was trying to run from them when one of the men grabbed her from behind. He pulled her and proceeded to touch her and then tore her clothes off and raped her. My mother lived in the worst neighborhood in Johannesburg because she could not afford any decent living. The man who raped her was a drunk bastard who went off with his friends to have a good time. That good time was trashing and robbing my mother’s home. When they got her to the hospital they made her wait for several days seeing as they had other patients to deal with. When they finally got to her was several days later and she nearly died of infection.” Robert said.

 

“By then it was too late I’d take it,” Alan said.

 

“Yeah she was already pregnant with me. When she found out she was pregnant she nearly committed suicide but later decided against it out of cowardice.” Robert replied.

 

“It was not till after she gave birth to me that she moved to Kenya where she met Lewis’s father Ian Muldoon. Ian ran an animal sanctuary dedicated to wild life. He was a British man who had moved to Africa hoping he could help the wild life there. He and my mother hit it off and were married a year later. It was not till two years later that Lewis was born. Ian took care of both of us and even treated me like I was his own son. He raised us well and saved up enough for us to go to a British Boarding School. Lewis and I both graduated and I stayed in England to wait for him.” it was at this moment that Robert reached into his shirt to pull out a necklace.

 

Alan and Henry never noticed it because it was well hidden even on the days he didn’t have his shirt on. It was obviously a beaded necklace with red, white and black beads woven in with a cross made out of Ivory.

 

“Ian died just before we got home. He was killed by poachers trying to break into the sanctuary. He died doing what he loved and that was to protect the creatures that he cherished most,” Robert said.

 

“Mother was devastated but she had us to keep her going. Lewis and I both became game rangers and did our fare share of killing people. Back then poachers would kill you to get at their prize. But we killed them back, it was a war going on just us and them. This was going on for about ten years till we both returned to the sanctuary after finding out our mother was sick with cancer. She died not long after but by then both Lewis and I sold the refuge because both of us didn’t want it. The man who bought the land was none other then John Hammond. He was the one who bought it and then turned it into a proper zoo. He wanted Lewis and myself to help run it and keep everything going smoothly. This lasted for another six years till he offered us a job here in Costa Rica. I was the Game Warden of Jurassic Park while he was in charge of Isla Sorna. He would often wear a game warden’s uniform to remind people of whom they work for,” Robert said.

 

At the last moment his voice started to croak with the final things said by Lewis.

 

“The last thing we talked about was the situation with the storm. He spoke about leaving the island and then nothing. I figured it was because he was getting ready to pull out and head back to Nublar. But I never would have figured that it would lead to this.” Robert said.

 

“All I do know is that we can’t leave this unanswered,” Henry said feeling a sense of duty to Robert and to Alan.

 

“You’re right we need to find out what happened and then determine where to go from there,” Robert said his stony face returning. He put back the necklace in his shirt and looked at the other two men. They had come here seeking answers too and then at the dinosaurs outside.

 

This world was not like the one he left in Africa. This world, this lost world that man created prematurely out of greed is in danger. Robert sensed that and the two men with him also sensed that. But how would they do it. Several people are not good enough to protect both islands from poachers and danger.

 

As they all laid there on their mats taking turns keeping watch until the return of the dinosaurs did they finally realize that something needs to be done.

 

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

It rained hard the next day making searching the building hard with the holes in the ceiling. Twice the men had to run due to either the dinosaurs coming in or the floods that would rain on them from water trapped on the upper floors. The holes in them were terrible as they searched through the debris. The further they went the more the explosions were. Some of the bodies they found were not even recognizable save for their name tags or ID badges. Some not even that at all and the further they got towards the labs the less the bullets holes came. Here they saw more of the dinosaurs sort of damage done to the dead. Bodies torn asunder and bite marks on a torso that was no longer there. Some bodies they found only limbs and nothing more.

 

Nico whined in fear at seeing this much death. Alan had to lean on him now that his ankle had started to bother him again.

 

This part of the building was too small for Rosco so the T-Rex remained outside guarding the building from any intruders. Nico being smaller accompanied them inside.

 

The Labratories were the hardest hit. When they got there the smell alone nearly sent the three men to run from the building. But after opening several windows and doors to let the air in did they see for themselves the damage done.

 

The building itself was covered in blood, char and shells. There was shells everywhere of bullets that hit the floors and explosive shells that were not even sizable for anything hand held.

 

“What the fuck happened?” asked Henry as he looked around the room. Lab equipment was destroyed and the sound of water dripping was heard in the distance. Nico was on alert as he had his head down and hissed. The only sounds were of compys that ran for cover. Some of them were still feeding on the carcasses of the dead even though it was long since rotted to nothing.

 

The trio immediately moved around trying to find anything that would tell them what happened. The labs provided little to no information seeing as things had been taken from them. Computers, records and even something as small as a picture was taken. It was as if the labs were cleaned out after the killings.

 

The administration building provided no evidence either as all their records had been taken. They searched from top to bottom finding nothing out of the ordinary. The conditions outside were not in their favor either as the rains continued to darken the skies. The dinosaurs were restless and so they had to end the search early for safety.

 

Back in the room the only thing keeping the men warm in this surprisingly colder weather was the fire that Robert made. Alan was currently resting off to the side his foot looking rather angry and red. Robert had changed the bandages but luckily for him Alan remained mostly off that foot.

 

“It makes no sense that they could have done this?” said Henry as the night came and the rains came down harder. This time lightning had graced the skies striking the buildings here and there where metal was protruding from holes created in the roof. The men had to hunker down for the night. Rosco and Nico were very nervous with the coming of the rain.

 

And with good reason.

 

The sound of Troodon could be heard throughout the buildings along with what the three men assumed were larger predators. The sounds could be heard throughout the jungle and Rosco had taken to leaving scent trails all over the area the men slept.

 

They had taken to sleeping out in the open area where Rosco could get to them. The larger T-Rex was sheltered in the lobby of the crew quarters. His much larger body was used to shelter the men as they slept around the fire. The cold temperatures made matters worse with the sudden coldness that came in. The winds from the mountains had pushed the air towards them making the night miserable. Even in the tropics there are places that are cold.

 

This was one of them.

 

Rosco and Nico could sense that the men were cold and used their bodies to help warm them up. Rosco and Nico both started growing their feathers again. Much to the surprise of Alan and the other two men.

 

“It must be the environment,” said Robert.

 

Alan had to agree as he leaned against the larger predator. The free range hunting that the two made could account for the changes in them as well. Rosco was well muscled and the new cuts and scars along his body a testament to his fighting with other dinosaurs. Nico also sported some wounds he had gotten while fighting off Troodon. Alan also noted that the raptor pack they met earlier had returned. Only this time they were coming in closer to the humans then they were comfortable with.

 

But so far the interactions with them were not hunting tactics.

 

The raptors were watching them with interest. It would seem that Nico and Rosco had intrigued them and they were impressed.

 

The other problems seem to be the much larger predators that Robert and Henry had no idea about. As they were resting with Alan keeping watch. It was Rosco’s head the raised in alarm. They were followed by a now fully feathered Nico both large feathered dinosaurs growled low in their throats.

 

Nico was the first to rise followed by the much larger Rosco. The men quickly gotten up and grabbed their guns. As the trees parted a predator they had yet to identify appeared. This one was clearly larger then Rosco, but with its rather pointed snout and dark black and yellow coloration it was a formidable creature. Rosco being now covered in feathers may make him look less intimidating but they were used for protection.

 

Somewhere above them they could hear Sarah. The pteranodon had taken refuge on the higher parts of the building seeing as they provide a vantage point for the pterosaur should they need it. She had flown down to them and remained just above their floor with her wings stretched out in warning. The pounding rain had made it harder for her to stay in the air but she managed.

 

The predator stared them down as Rosco growled his warning. The creature was clearly an adult with is elongated jaws and bright fiery patches on its body. There were yellow stripes along its flank surrounded by red stripes. The main color was black but they could clearly see the stripes.

 

It was Henry who finally identified the dinosaur, “Ah Fuck!” he said.

 

“What?” asked Alan and it was when he finally could see that he could identify the dinosaur.

 

“Is that a Carcharodontosaurus?” he asked and with Henry’s affirmation he cursed. Robert only cocked his gun before he stood up along with the other two men.

 

 

The predator clearly was eyeing Rosco, but the T-Rex would not move from his spot under the cover of the buildings. The larger predator only eyed him out before rising to an even higher height. Spreading his claws out he roared a challenge to Rosco.

 

Knowing that a fight was about to happen. The three men backed away slowly from the larger predator. Then the Carcharodontosaurus charged as well as Rosco and Nico. Sarah being useless remained behind to protect the humans.

 

Nico reached the predator first as he charged. Leaping onto his side he started his attack just as the larger predator engaged Rosco. The two massive predators started slashing each other with the larger dinosaur on the advantage. It bit into Rosco’s neck causing the Tyrannosaur to nearly stumble. Nico then climbed onto the side again this time nipping the larger dinosaur’s ankles causing it to scream in agony.

 

Then working the distraction to his advantage Rosco rammed his head into the Carcharodontosaurus’s underside forcing the other predator to try and fend off the T-Rex. But Rosco was not about to let this one hurt his humans.

 

Suddenly as the T-Rex was about to push the advantage. The other predator slashed his toe claws into Rosco’s side. The T-Rex screamed in agony as he was in pain. Then as he fell the Carcharodontosaurus took advantage and leaped onto Rosco going for the kill.

 

Suddenly a gunshot was heard and the Carcharodontosaur screamed in pain.

 

Blood began to ooze from one eye as the creature thrashed.

 

Robert and Henry both turned to see Alan there leaning on a vantage point with his gun still smoking. Robert and Henry both took advantage of the situation and started to open fire on the other predator.

 

Now nearly blinded Nico took advantage by spring boarding off of Rosco and back onto the Carcharodontosaur. Going for the other eye he used his sickle claws to spear the eye now blinding the creature.

 

Screaming in rage and agony it tried to fend off Nico. It was hard to see through all the rain and the men had a hard time aiming. To make matters worse they could hear the clicking noises of the Troodon that started to arrive.

 

“Oh fuck,” said Henry as he opened fire on the troodon. Attacking in packs they started to go after the two men. Sarah opened her wings in a threatening display.

 

But they did not fall for it this time. They only had enough time to fend themselves when they heard the thunder around them. Robert knew that sound when he heard it. Thinking quickly he grabbed a wire and threw it at the Troodon just as lightning struck. The resulting shock that came to the dinosaurs was tremendous. Though some still managed to get through and Sarah’s beak and claws proved to be formidable weapons.

 

The pteranodon shown that she can fight as well on the ground as in the air. Henry used this to shoot several that managed to come through a vent. Robert was busy fending off around five of them when a large head appeared and they all scattered. Turning Robert only had a few seconds before something white came streaking towards him. He moved out of the way just in time to avoid a Troodon that came from behind.

 

Having moved out of the way he rolled as another one came for him. Henry was fairing no better and Alan had it worst off due to his injury. The good news is that none of them were bitten by the animals. That would have been very bad if they did.

 

As they came at them again the sounds of an animal in pain was all that they could hear. Then there was silence as the sounds of the rain was all they could hear.

 

The Troodon pressed the attack again trying to go for the humans and this time they got a hold of Alan’s shoe. Alan’s shoe was then taken off but not before the Troodon was speared by Sarah’s beak.

 

The pack became too much as the humans found themselves about to die. Then a shadow came over them and a thunderous roar could be heard. The troodon scattered as Rosco came walking in followed by Nico.

 

Both dinosaurs quickly entered and scared away the Troodon. Nico was limping and Rosco too sported grievous wounds along his side. His feathers stained in blood. The Carcharodontosaurus’s roar could not be heard as they waited. Still they saw to the dinosaurs and then to themselves.

 

Robert had slashes along his chest and back. Henry along his flank and his lower torso.

 

“Look at it this way Henry your girlfriend would find that sexy,” Robert joked as they started patching each other up.

 

“Really?” Henry asked.

 

“Well what would she expect? A man who spends most of his time in the gym not knowing how to fight. Or would she prefer a man who likes to get out and do something for a change. Even if it includes running from dinosaurs,” Robert joked as he finished patching Henry’s wounds.

 

“Ha ha very funny Robert. Cindy is in the military she sees scarred men all the time what would my scars say to her, probably nothing.” Henry replied as he leaned back into Rosco.

 

The now feathered dinosaur was actually more comfortable then the couch. In fact Henry started petting his feathers much to the dinosaurs delight.

 

Alan from what they saw was clearly in pain but he managed as he inspected his brace and cast. The ankle was clearly swollen much to their dismay.

 

“I told you Al that you should have stayed on Nublar or at least stay with Josè!” Robert said.

 

“And then who can help you with the dinosaurs,” Alan replied as they relaxed once more.

 

The rain continued to pour while Rosco, Nico and Sarah groomed each other while the men slept easier that night.

 

 

The next morning brought even more grim news.

 

The rains had finally let up allowing them to see outside. But the way was marked by the damage done to the parking lot. The fight had been fierce with cars overturned and trees toppled. The blood of the dead dinosaur had brought numerous scavengers all attracted to the smell of fresh meat. The group had to remain under the cover for safety. Plus the dinosaurs didn’t want to move in case they came there.

 

The following night was the same as more predators came to feast on the dead dinosaur. Some tried to get to the hiding place but Rosco and Nico scared them off.

 

Two more nights it rained hard until the third day under the covers of the lodge did Rosco and Nico finally were able to get up and move around. Their wounds had started to heal much to the men’s delight and Alan’s swollen ankle had died down a bit. The cold rain water helped in cooling it down.

 

The first thing the men did was head over to the medical bay in the Labs. There all three of them managed to treat their wounds better and treat the dinosaurs as well. When they got back to the labs they managed to see better thanks to the new hole that the dinos made the night before.

 

When they passed where they left off the three men continued to search the building. It was when they finally reached the Embryonics that they encountered their next predator.

 

It was the same raptor they encountered in the forest. Its milky white hide with black spots was all that was seen on it. The other two raptors were there as well. They all stared at the men and the men stared at them.

 

Then the white one approached her head and tail low in a submissive gesture. Nico who was the only one who could fit was there. He raised himself up with feathers high. She gave a submissive whine as she neared them.

 

It was also then that Alan noticed something on her neck.

 

“Guys she has something on her,” he said.

 

The others looked down and sure enough she has a sort of collar on her neck.

 

“Shh its ok,” Alan soothed as he got closer to her. She growled low in her throat but Alan held his ground.

 

She cocked her eye at him and he noticed that it was not slitted like Nico’s or the raptors on Nublar. In fact it was more like a birds. It was rounded but he could clearly see the intelligence there. She leaned in after sniffing Alan’s hand. She clearly was not a danger to the group. As she turned to Alan she exposed her neck for him to look at the collar. Alan slowly reached out and undid the collar. The other two raptors did the same and then disappeared into the gloom.

 

“Ok that was strange,” said Robert.

 

“Those raptors are not like the ones on Nublar. Henry what do you know of it?” Robert asked.

 

“I don’t know much but if I remember something it had to do with what they told me on Sorna. I remembered receiving a report on a strain of DNA that was not the same as the raptors we originally bred. I told them to wait till we get a descent sample but it appears as if they didn’t listen and cloned them anyways,” Henry stated clearly surprised.

 

“What do you mean wait?” asked Alan.

 

“Well when we find a new sample of dinosaur DNA we have to make sure that the sequence is intact before we begin cloning. If not then we would risk getting a mixed dinosaur species. You have to remember that the mosquitoes sometimes goes for more then one species at a time. In order to get a single species we have to separate the different sequences to make sure that they are one animal. Most of the mosquitoes we get are filled with several different species all in one belly. So we have to be careful when extracting them. It takes weeks just to separate the different sequences and when that is done determine the species it belongs to. It is not an easy task and one I openly challenge anyone to do.” Henry stated as he looked at the collar that Alan gave him.

 

It was a thick leather like those used in radio tracking. It held no receivers or transmitters of any kind. In fact the collars don’t look like collars at all.

 

“Guys,” he stated holding his up.

 

“These look like belts!” he said finally noticing something odd about them.

 

Looking down they finally saw that they were indeed belts worn on humans.

 

They were filled with pockets of all sorts and even though they were torn up. The men opened them to see what was inside.

 

What they found was astonishing. The first held cassette tapes of all sorts but not just any ordinary cassette tapes.

 

“This is security footage!” Robert said noticing the dates.

 

“Oh my God someone was smart enough to put them on the dinosaurs before he or she died.” Alan said.

 

“Fuck!” said Henry.

 

“We need to find out more what does the other two have?” asked Robert.

 

“Mine has disks of all sorts,” said Alan.

 

“Mine has more tapes only they are beta cassettes so maybe someone wanted us to find them,” said Henry.

 

“I have to agree there is more to this then we thought.” Alan said.

 

Just as he said it Nico gave a call of warning meaning something was here.

 

Just as the raptor warned them something came crashing through.

 

“RUN!” Henry said.

 

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

A/n: Wow now this chapter was getting a bit long and I wanted to cram a lot into this one. But after it getting longer and longer I decided to split it in two. This is the first part of what happened on Isla Sorna. I am going to be working on some other projects so an update will not be here soon enough. But I will try. So what do you think?

Chapter 26: The Forest of Death

Summary:

Part 2 of Isla Sorna

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

“RUN!” Henry Wu shouted as he started to run. The others turned just as a very large and angry Raptor started to chase them. Nico was the first to issue the warning, but he was too busy running with Henry to care.

 

The creature snapped its jaws at them and Henry cursed at dropping his pistol. Luckily for him Nico has claws and he took a swipe at the invader. Rearing back in alarm it charged after them with its mouth gaping open. Gunshots could be heard as both Alan and Robert tried to lure the creature away from both Henry and Nico.

 

“ROSCO!” Alan shouted but the sounds of other dinosaurs was too loud for Alan to hear. They ran down deeper into the building with the animal chasing them. Roaring in rage it tried to bite at Henry but missed. Instead it got his shirt which Henry tore off with his knife. The large claws of this animal came down as it shredded the shirt and continued to chase Henry and Nico further in.

 

Meanwhile Robert and Alan both were having problems of their own. When Henry and Nico were chased into a much smaller and safer room another creature’s attention turned towards them. Its elongated snout filled with razor sharp teeth roared at them. Its mouth frothing and eyes glassy. The wounds on its side and tail are clear indications of infection. It roared its challenge as it saw them before going after them. Alan and Robert both started to run while the dinosaur was chasing them.

 

They ran in the completely opposite direction of Henry and Nico going into another section of the laboratory. With the bag on his back Alan was a bit weighed down but luckily for him he was a fast runner. Even with a broken ankle. Robert too was weighed down and all his years in Kenya were paying off as he ran.

 

MEANWHILE

 

Henry and Nico continued to run till they go towards separate rooms. Pumping his legs as much as he could he continued to run till another creature came crashing through. When it did Henry ran while Nico kept it busy. The raptor nipped at its ankles and forced it to turn around before running in the opposite direction. This gave Henry enough time to escape out of the compound into the wilderness beyond. Just as he heard it the trees came crashing around him forcing him to look behind.

 

He wished he hadn’t as another one of those creatures came crashing through. They smashed their way towards him and Henry ran as fast as he could. It trailed behind him as he ran further and further into the jungle. The trees started to become thicker and thicker before Henry realized it. It was also then that he tripped on a root and fell down a hill. The creature tried to get him only to fall short.

 

Henry then rolled and when he felt nothing, but air he knew already that he was going to die. Screaming he tried to find purchase only to land on a hard surface. That surface was a cliff face. Henry was breathing hard and he was terrified as he saw this for the first time. He did not know how high the cliff was because it was covered in fog, but the sight must be spectacular. Henry reared back towards the clifface only to find it high above him.

 

“Oh Shit!”

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

 

Alan and Robert were themselves separated as the creatures had long since given up on Alan. He had managed to hide himself in one of the cages in the holding room. The room itself was filled with now empty cages. The smell was horrific and the sight that greeted him was even more so.

 

Some of the dinosaurs were dead in their cages. Many of them sporting signs of Prions. Some of them look fresh seeing as not all the dinosaurs managed to get out. He saw the compys at the entrance to these cages trying to get in but it was locked. Alan did not bother to get closer knowing that compys are just as dangerous as any other carnivore. These ones look healthy enough and none showed signs of the prions which is good.

 

He hobbled on his good leg, his bad ankle getting the worst of him. It was this hobbling that attracted the compys. They all turned and faced Alan which Alan mutters, “Fuck!” and started to run.

 

 

OUTSIDE

 

 

Robert continued to run being chased by the creature. He kept running till he saw some cars and tried to leap over them. When he did the creature crashed into them forcing them to heave over. Cursing his luck he kept running with it behind him. He then tripped on a tire and fell face first into the ground. As he fell the bags that he had on him almost fell off but luckily he rolled to save them.

 

Just as the creatures jaws came down towards him a dark shadow came across them. Then the creature gave a squeak and a croak as something grabbed it from behind. Robert looked up to see that the creature’s face was just centimeters from him. Its teeth stained red from eating the carcass earlier and its breath was rotten. He nearly puked by the smell of it alone. Looking up he saw that the creature that stopped it from killing Robert was none other then Rosco.

 

The T-Rex sported many wounds of its own and all of them recent. He pulled back on the creature from behind its head. His teeth deep in its flesh.

 

As he pulled the creature tried to claw at him, but Rosco held it right behind the neck where it can’t reach him. He then jerked his head and the creature went limp. He then tossed the thing to the side and gave a mighty roar.

 

Rosco then turned his head towards Robert and came closer taking a sniff at the man on the ground. A deep but gentle croon was met with a large hand on his snout. “Thanks boy,” he said.

 

 

INSIDE THE COMPOUND

 

Alan continued to hobble despite his ankle and tripped on a few small cages that were scattered around. He managed to make his way into one of them and locked the door. But the compys were vicious little shits. They snapped at his fingers and at his back. He tried to fight them off but there were too many as they managed to climb up the cage walls. Alan then tried to get his gun, but he ran out of bullets a while ago.

 

He also lost his pistol while fleeing the labs.

 

A shriek was heard as Nico came charging through. The compys scattered with them running from the raptor as he charged. He then bit down on several at once and threw them to the side. Shrieking his defiance at them they scattered further into the compound. When he turned around Alan was nearly collapsed against the cage wall. Nico then called to Alan gently crooning.

 

“It’s alright boy I’m fine,” Alan said which he obviously was not due to the amount of pain he was in. His ankle was clearly swollen again and the pain was immense. Hissing through his teeth Alan opened the cage to get out. Nico chittered towards him with his head down low. Walking further towards Alan he gently leaned against him offering support. Alan held on as Nico guided him out.

 

 

When they got out the creatures were gone.

 

“Alan!” Robert called from the yard.

 

“Robert!” Alan called and hobbled over to him.

 

“Fuck Alan we need to get you inside,” Robert said as he went to help his friend.

 

Rosco leaned down to help as he lowered his head. It was then that Alan saw the wounds even the large bite wound on his side. Rosco crooned to Alan.

 

“Oh Rosco,” Alan said with tears in his eyes as he stroked the T-Rex’s snout. Rosco crooned as if he knew he was infected along with Nico who had a smaller wound down his flank.

 

“Alan where’s Henry?” Robert asked.

 

“I don’t know we got separated remember?” Alan replied.

 

“Shit we can’t track him since you and Rosco are badly wounded,” Robert replied.

 

Alan was about to shout back that he is not wounded when his foot let him know of the extent of his injury. Alan cursed as he looked down on his now purple ankle. The swelling was bad and that is when he finally noticed the bite marks on the ankle. Apparently through the pain of the ankle he failed to notice that one of the compys had bitten him.

 

That was not good as compy venom packs a punch. Most narcotic drug lords would love to get their hands on these little guys.

 

“Shit this is not good at all,” Robert said.

 

“But at least what we came for is almost in sight. But we can’t stay in our regular shelter. The distance is too far,” Alan said.

 

“I agree we have to camp in the labs for now,” Robert replied.

 

It was a good thing they had their stuff with them for going back was not an option. Rosco whined as he nursed his wounds while Nico did the same. The claw marks on him was not a good sign. And the bite wound from the night before was starting to look infected.

 

“Oh shit!” Robert said.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

“Oh God almighty,” Henry said when the fog finally lifted from the ledge he found himself on. The sheer cliff was a straight drop into the jungles below and Henry felt himself panic at the sight. The cold winds came rustling through the cliffs and the Asian Man did not realize he had climbed a hill till he saw the buildings below.

 

They were not the same buildings as the Embryonics Compound. In fact they were strangely different and not the same as the ones before.

 

In fact it reminded him of the field labs back on Nublar.

 

It was too steep for Henry to climb back up, but he can climb down.

 

 

If he does not fall first.

 

 

As he started to climb down he noticed the deep shadows that started to make their way across the valley. This means that it is already into the afternoon and night would soon be upon them.

 

It took sometime before he made it down to the bottom, but the last trek was a large stumble.

 

The rock that Henry grabbed the last few feet before reaching the treeline gave way causing him to fall. As he fell the branches of a tall tree hit him square in the stomach. This causes the air to rush out of him before falling from branch to branch before hitting the ground.

 

When he made it to the ground he was barely moving. In fact he was sure that he has either broken or bruised ribs. Henry groaned under his breath and even breathing was painful. The forest was dark and foreboding in the late afternoon as the shadows leaned across the mountains.

 

“I hope the others made it,” he said as he slowly began his trek towards some shelter.

 

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

“Oh God where could he have gone?” Alan said trying to find where Henry went.

 

The ground was saturated with water and full of footprints.

 

Many dinosaurs went through here in the chaos that happened in just a few days. Both Alan and Robert failed to see any human footprints. The skies were getting darker and the fog from earlier began to move in.

 

“We have to get to shelter,” Robert said.

 

“We can’t go back there its a trap waiting to happen,” Alan said holding his leg.

 

Just as he said it chirping began to be heard from around the corner and three heads poked up from behind one of the cars.

 

It was the three raptors from before. They were each chirping but they kept their distance not wanting to mingle with them.

 

Nico seeing this gave a soft chirr sound to entice them to come closer. The larger raptor sensing the unease from the three tried to communicate with them.

 

Eventually the three came closer their heads bobbing as they did so.

 

The largest of the three was the first to reach them. From the looks of it their appearance was far different then the ones they had seen. They bobbed their heads in unison as they approached them. The largest a white raptor with a ring of red around her eyes looked at them curiously. It also eyed Nico who was being nursed by Alan as well as Rosco. Slowly they approached the larger dinosaur and began to show submissive gestures.

 

“What are they doing?” asked Robert.

 

“They are submitting they think Nico is the Alpha,” Alan said.

 

Nico chirped at them and slowly approached Alan. It was as if they understood what was being exchanged. Looking at both Alan and Robert the raptor trio walked away but not before coming back and walking again.

 

“I think they want us to follow them,” Alan said to Robert.

 

The two men looked at each other and followed the raptors along with a wounded Rosco and Nico.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Henry continued to walk through the jungle. By now the sounds of the many crickets and insects filled his ears. Here the dinosaurs are barely heard but that did not stop Henry from being cautious. The low sounds of some herbivores not far off made his ears fill with the sounds of the jungle. Brachiosaurs and some triceratops could be heard in the distance.

 

The chirping of birds and frogs could be heard as he neared the buildings. Being guided by the fading sun had led him here. As soon as the sun had hid behind the mountains to the west Henry was sure he reached here. He could feel the wall right before him. Taking caution to the wind he lit a torch. It was one of the few things he had on him as he entered the grounds. The heat was enough to warm him as the night chill began to take over.

 

Slowly he approached the buildings. Their ominous presence was enough to send chills through Henry’s body.

 

But he had to know the truth. He had to know what was really going on.

 

Slowly his steps were muted against the noise of the jungle as he came closer to the building. The light from his torch showed that wear and tear of the building meaning it was far older then the InGen buildings. In fact the logo on the side of the building was clearly the Costa Riccan Coast Guard.

 

 

A guard station! He said as he looked around.

 

The building has long since been abandoned probably due to funding.

 

 

Or worse Cartels Henry thought as the looked around.

 

There was no signs of dinosaurs here only the occasional bird or insect. Looking into the building he saw that it was really dark. The window have long since been broken and from the looks of it a fire had broken out years ago.

 

As he approached the door he went slowly hoping that no one was here. T he door creaked as the hinges moved slowly from disuse.

 

Slowly Henry entered the room the walls lit up with his torch. It was of course covered in dust. The room itself smelled of mold and mildew as he entered. The sounds of animals were no where to be heard. But the pain in his ribs and his leg were beginning to get to him. So slowly Henry entered into darkness the room itself was well hidden from view.

 

His breath came out into ragged gasps as he walked. The sounds of the jungle that filled his ears almost became silent when he entered the building. The sounds of his footsteps were loud to his ears as the silent and dead atmosphere was felt the deeper he walked through the dark rooms. His footsteps were echoing off the now long hallway the further he got in.

 

Henry realized that this was no Coast Guard Station.

 

What is this place? He thought as he walked further and further into the building.

 

The hallways were black and the wording on the wall was charred but as he came closer and closer Henry at once notice what was left of a logo.

 

Brushing his hand along what remained Henry could not make out the words. Only the underside of the wording.

 

As he looked further down the long hallway his breathing became intense. Making sure to keep his torch with him he made sure there were no predators in these tunnels.

 

As he walked he felt an ominous feeling of death that lingered here. Walking further in he found that the tunnels themselves seem to go deeper underground. That means that whoever was here before the fire that destroyed this place knew what it was about.

 

Henry kept going though his curiosity got the better of him as he traveled further and further into the tunnels. The darkness was almost overwhelming but his torch was the only thing keeping him going.

 

As he walked further down the long hallway the air became more stale and a lot more dense. The light of the torch guided his way as he finally came to an end. Here the area smelled still of smoke and death. But the fire that had started it was long gone. It was also here that Henry realized that the tunnel was not decayed at all. The fire did not reach this far into the tunnels but the smell of smoke did and whoever was down here probably died of smoke inhalation.

 

Henry managed to cast his torch down to see for himself the first body. Looking down he spotted the body of a man who had long since died. His rotting flesh clung to the stale air making the odor almost unbearable. Beside him was another body this one looked like it was shot.

 

With realization that these were recent deaths led Henry to believe that this place was not like what he had thought. It was when he lifted his torch that he realized that there was a perfectly intact logo on the wall. It made his heart freeze when he saw it.

 

 

INTERNATIONAL GENETICS INCORPORATED

 

“InGen,” Henry whispered to himself.

 

Looking around he tried to find something to help him see but there was nothing. Using a fire ax as his new weapon which he pulled from a nearby fire extinguisher kit Henry kept searching. As he walked down the now silent hallway he could see the men and women who died here. Their various wounds showed signs of the same fate as the Embryotics facility. The stale air was warm but at least there was no fire to accompany it so he felt safe for now.

 

He was surprised that no dinosaurs are in here. Then again the smell of fire was enough to deter them for now. Henry kept a close eye on the darkness hoping that nothing will kill him here.

 

But as he walked further in he could see soldiers bodies had been piled up here as well.

 

They wore the InGen security badge on their shoulders meaning they were private security. But as he gotten closer and closer towards the end. The reflection of his torch was enough to show that it was a wall or a door at the end. When he managed to get to the end he was surprised to see it was a door. The windows on the door were covered in grime from disuse. But Henry could see even more bodies here.

 

“Shit!” he said.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

A small fire was made but it was enough for Alan and Robert to keep warm. Nico was giving soft croons to Rosco who was also being comforted by Alan. The Paleotologist was crying as he held his friend. The T-Rex was clearly in a lot of pain. Sarah who was perched above and who had avoided most of the fight also whistled her distress.

 

Robert could clearly see the bond between the man and his animals. It was a strong bond and one in which if it was him he would be crying too.

 

“We need to get off this island,” Robert said.

 

“We can’t leave without Henry,” Alan said.

 

He is probably dead already. I tracked his footprints into the jungle being followed by one of the big ones,” Robert said.

 

“I won’t know until I see his bloody remains Muldoon,” Alan said through clenched teeth. His ankle was truly swollen now and from what Robert saw it was starting to turn into a darker color.

 

That is not good.

 

“Alan we have to leave your injuries are sure to kill you. Your dinosaurs are hurt and are in need of medical attention and I can’t do much with my shoulder,” Robert said.

 

Alan sighed, Robert was right how can they get back to Jos é now in this condition.

 

Sarah as if sensing what was wrong took to the skies and disappeared into the dark.

 

Rosco rumbled but it was mixed with a slow whine as he nudged Alan. As if sensing his distress Alan stroked the Tyrannosaur’s side. They have no tools and no means to help him but all they can do is pray and hope.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

Henry managed to get towards the end of the hallway. It was bathed in moonlight a sign that he was near the surface again. The room was vast with moonlight shining through and the distant rumble of thunder could be heard. But what startled him was that he had entered a large underground cave.

 

The cave of course was cleared with tools thanks to modern technology and reforged into a lab. But the sight of it was what made Henry Wu pause.

 

Here amongst the bodies was a large laboratory. It was here that Henry felt drawn to as he took the first steps towards the main facility in the center.

 

There were desks filled with bones and amber samples even computers that barely worked. Somehow power was still found here meaning there is still power left in the facility. Henry then flipped on a light switch. It was here that the vast cavern was bathed in the many lights of the facility. The building itself was not that impressive at first but Henry could sense something was different about this building.

 

He started to walk towards the building his footsteps were echoing as he walked closer. The sound of his breath was heard even before he could see it.

 

It was when he got to the door that he could see the logo on the door. As he opened the door he took a look one last time before entering.

 

 

IN THE JUNGLE

 

 

It was well after dark, but the silence of the jungle is what stirred both Alan and Robert and forced them to leave their camp. Rosco was the first to stir and urged Alan and Robert to get up. Alan sensing something is wrong hopped onto Rosco as the Rex stood to his full height. Nico was also alert as they both bound into the jungle away from danger.

 

That was about an hour ago and the fire they had made had long since gone out in the rain. The sounds of the jungle could be heard for miles as they traveled. Rosco kept silent as well as Nico and Alan could also sense the dinosaur’s unease.

 

After the events of the building it was no wonder that they had traveled this far without being attacked.

 

The only sounds were those of the nighttime jungle life and those of the herbivores in the distance. But already they could hear the sounds of several carnivores.

 

Below them they could hear the chittering of the compys that followed them. They sensed Rosco and Alan’s wounds and Alan knows all to well about what happens when one is bitten. He had read the guides about the dinosaurs and how Compy bites can kill if not treated properly.

 

They had stopped only once to get a drink of water before moving on with the moon as their guide. Eventually they came to a cliff and it was here that Sarah greeted them.

 

She flew over the cliff and circled around an area in the jungle.

 

Rosco gave a rumble before following the pterosaur. She led them towards a trail that went down the cliff into the jungle below.

 

 

 

IN THE CAVE

 

Henry managed to get into the building and walked several feet before he saw why this facility was hidden in the cave.

 

It was here that he saw what InGen was working on while he was working. Tubes and tubes of liquids all form here. Henry was wide eye at the tubes found here and it was only then that he saw the bodies also on the ground. Here the building also caught on fire from the char marks but luckily it did not cut the power. The test tubes and the microscopes were a thing to Henry. The samples are long since gone from their slides and the blood from the scientists confirmed it. The red had streaked across the tables staining it.

 

As he walked further in he saw for himself how much damage was done to the lab.

 

It was as if he was looking at bullet holes through the walls.

 

 

 

Very large bullet holes.

 

The holes looked to be made by a tank with how they blasted their way in. The debris looked as if it was from the outside. The bodies who were closest were not whole that much he could tell.

 

What ever happened here this time it was recent.

 

 

 

 

 

It was when he finally saw a soldier did his heart freeze!

 

 

 

There amongst the bodies was one of the killers. He was clearly dead if the hole in his front had anything to do with it. He found the body sprawled out in front of him. His front and back had a hole that went right through his heart. But the American patches are clearly there. In his hand was a gun and the person who killed him was one of the scientists. This one clearly had a gun also but it was a flare gun.

 

Did he just fire at him at close range? Henry thought.

 

It was when he gotten closer did he realize that the scientist had died when the man shot him too.

 

But in his other hand there was a folder. The words CLASSIFIED were written across it like a beacon.

 

Henry carefully picked up the folder and put it in his bag saving it for later. Carefully limping his way through the labs he finally found another computer. This one was also intact. In fact it still had the disks on it also like the Embrionics center.

 

Henry wasted no time gathering the disks. The computer itself was not on meaning it is not working, but if the disks are salvageable then there is a chance he can find out what is going on.

 

Suddenly a sound was heard. It was a rock crumbling but he could hear it.

 

A soft rumbling came from the outside of the complex. Henry froze when he heard this and kept still until he could see the large eye staring right at him. He dared to move as it slowly came closer.

 

It could clearly see him but it did not attack. Henry was breathing deeply now as it rumbled just outside the hole. From the sounds it was making it was simular to a T-Rex as it came closer.

 

Henry could not move for he knew that if he moved he was dead. As he waited the mysterious animal came closer and closer then he could hear the sound of sniffing. The animal was sniffing well into the building. It then lifted its head up as if catching a scent and then it pulled away and he could hear the creature stomping away from him. Henry was sure that the creature was gone.

 

Slowly he emerged from his hiding place and waited for any sign of the creature. He checked both his front and his back before making his way out.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

 

The dense jungle was what greeted Alan and Robert when they got to the bottom of the gorge. There were no signs of dinosaurs anywhere, but the dinosaurs had not made it that far into the island yet. That part the two men knew very well was that with the population of dinosaurs that they knew. They would eventually make it here to this part of Isla Sorna.

 

Rosco stopped to get a drink from a nearby stream along with Nico. Alan and Robert remained on the T-Rex and filled their canteens with water from the waterfall. When both were satisfied they continued along the path. The noise of the many insects and crickets made the jungle deafening but at least they know they are safe.

 

Rosco gave a big whine about his wounds but there was nothing Alan and Robert could do. They had run out of medical supplies long ago and Alan had the last of the bandages on his foot. Robert fared no better and so did Nico. The raptor was showing signs of fatigue and from looking in the sky so did Sarah. But the pteranodon was determined to have them go to where she was flying around.

 

Her calls were distant but it guided them further. It took till the moon was nearing it’s second Zenith meaning they are near dawn before they found what Sarah was trying to show them.

 

“Alan look!” Robert said pointing to a cave not far from where they were.

 

The cave had a massive entrance. Large enough for a dinosaur as big as Rosco to fit easily and then some. The dinosaur then sniffed the entrance of the tunnel before he and Nico entered.

 

When they entered the caves Alan could see something in the distance.

 

“Is that a road?” he said to Robert his voice slightly echoing in the gloom.

 

Yeah it looks like it we should follow it,” Robert replied.

 

Suddenly Rosco’s head lifted up and he snarled at the cave entrance. Nico followed also with his own snarling.

 

Suddenly stomping could be heard as something headed towards them. It was a large bipedal dinosaur they could tell but how big was it? They all asked themselves that.

 

Then as soon as they heard it a shape appeared in the shadows. It was large but not as big as Rosco. The T-Rex gave a growl as a warning but the creature still came closer.

 

When they finally got a good look at it they found that the creature was bipedal but it was not a carnivore.

 

In fact it had the appearance of one but it was far from ferocious.

 

It had a large head like a carnivore but instead it only looked at them in curiosity before moving on. The animal in general had no interest in the humans of the predators that could eat it. Also Rosco was smart enough to know that this animal was not to be messed with. Its large claws were any indication as to how dangerous this animal was. So the predators let it move along outside of the cave.

 

 

Meanwhile the wind picked up again allowing Rosco and Nico to smell what was in there. Moving into the cave the two men held on as Rosco walked in. Sarah flew into the cave after them.

 

 

 

 

INSIDE THE LAB

 

 

Henry remained still as he waited on baited breath. But after what seemed like eternity he began to emerge from his den of desks and lab equipment. He seemed to breath easier as he searched around the labs. As he did however he heard the distinct barking call of a raptor.

 

Frozen Henry had not heard the animal approach until he was nearly upon it.

 

It was only when the animal looked at him with a gentle look and the croon that it gave that Henry finally registered the animal.

 

Nico

 

breathing a sigh of relief Henry was glad the raptor is here. Just as the raptor looked at him he gave a barking call and another head appeared in the gaping hole followed by another.

 

Henry knew them instantly Rosco and Sarah .

 

Henry?” said a voice and Henry’s head shot up to the welcoming sight of both Robert and Alan.

 

“Oh thank God!” Henry said as he stood up.

 

“Henry are you ok?” said Alan as he hobbled over.

 

Looking at his condition Henry grew worried, “I’m fine but you’re not,” Henry said still cradling his ribs which have probably turned a very ugly color by now.

 

Alan’s ankle is clearly swollen and Robert didn’t fare any better looking with some nasty gashes. The dinosaurs are badly wounded with the exception of Sarah. But in all they need help.

 

And they need it now.

 

Without thinking Henry being the only one with any medical training looked around for anything they can use as a sick bay. But this was a laboratory he needed a sick bay. Looking down the hall he found a map of the compound.

 

Alright I think I know where to go to treat ourselves,” Henry said as they followed him to the building next door to the one he was currently in. When they got in there were bodies everywhere also and the stench was horrid. Luckily for them however these bodies were easy to move and easy to bury along with the others. Rosco had dug a hole outside the caves where they could be buried and the three men together had gotten their names from their bodies. With it they made a sort of memorial for them by carving their names into one of the stalactites on the ground. Their they made their names and dates of birth and death. It was a strange way to put it but at least the men were put to rest.

 

What was sad was that these men were just employees. Employees that were doing their job and with it came the hard part of taking them to their families. So it was decided to take something of theirs and bury the bodies. That way they can rest assured that their loved ones were laid to rest.

 

Robert managed to find a bible and read the same things he had learned in Kenya. Henry did some Buddhist ceremony for the one man who was a Buddhist in one of the graves and Alan was the only one who could read Latin and Arabic. So he performed the Jew and the Muslim ceremony for the five men who were of that religion.

 

It was the right thing to do.

 

The three dinosaurs were silent when they watched this sensing the disturbance in the air. Rosco was starting to breathe heavily now as the wounds on his side are starting to hurt . After seeing this the three men went to look for the medical wing.

 

It took some time to finally find it but when they did it was HUGE.

 

The med bay was obviously built for dinosaurs and after leading his animals in. Alan had Rosco checked first then Nico. They needed them healthy but for how much longer? Both of them are infected and if it spreads then who knows. Henry was doing his best but he isn’t Gerry Harding and vet medicine isn’t his specialty. But the man had studied medicine which helped in treating all of their wounds. The dinosaurs were now dozing off while Robert and Alan were busy recovering.

 

Henry himself had suffered some injuries and had been treated as well. But all this time he was busy trying to read through the data that was collected by the two men. The mass amounts of paperwork were enormous and Henry, Alan and Robert were sorting through them.

 

The ones that were not destroyed were nothing more then reports on supplies and how much was in inventory nothing that would explain DX or anything to cure it.

 

It was with luck that they managed to find a computer that would tell them a bit more about the disease.

 

The days they spent there grew into nights and they could not tell much because of the fact they were in a cave. Rosco and Nico were getting worse with their sickness and infection started to set in. Sarah was fishing in the nearby coastline for food for the men. She even was sending messages to Jos è to let him know how things were going.

 

As they made themselves at home several attempts were made by wondering dinosaurs to try and kill their animals. But Rosco and Nico managed to hold them off for so long.

 

Alan spent as much time as he could with them using what he had learned to help them. His wounds did not far any better either. His ankle was clearly infected with some sort of infection while the cuts and scrapes sported maggots and other parasites. Robert who was more used to such actions also sported such infections. A fever broke on both men and in order to keep cool sat with the dinosaurs in the cave while Henry worked on a cure.

 

Henry even though he was sick was also the stronger of the three men. With only a few broken bones but nothing fatal he tried to work his best on the computer.

 

Out of the three dinosaurs it was Sarah who did not have any injuries. She was the only one they could use to get to the outside world. And frankly Henry has no knowledge of half the computer programming that is in front of him. The security that the computers have was frustrating enough but Henry just could not figure it out. There is nothing else in Jurassic Park that showed this amount of security.

 

He hated to say this but they are going to need an expert.

 

But there is no way to get off the island. Well not by any conventional means.

 

Henry was at a loss for what to do he was a geneticist not someone who was an expert on diseases!

 

Just then there was a sound that filled the air. It was something that they all never heard before till now. But it was all too familiar to them.

 

Helicopters….

 

Henry went to look for both Alan and Robert and both men where unconscious. The fever having taken hold of them.

 

“Alan, Robert get up! Come on get up!” Henry said to them but they were too far gone to help. Alan tried to get up but he could not. Rosco rumbled along with Nico but it was Sarah who had been the first to be fearful.

 

She swooped down and landed near Henry allowing the Asian man to saddle her up and get her ready to fly. Thanking Alan for those tips he managed to get the saddle on just as the first group of men entered the cave.

 

Rosco growled low in his throat but was too weak to fight. The sickness had taken a turn for the worst for him and Nico. That and the immense blood loss that both had suffered at the hands of the infected dinosaurs.

 

“Alan, Robert wake up! Wake up we have company!” Henry shook them both and felt their heads.

 

They were burning hot! In fact any hotter and they could cook themselves alive. The cave’s colder temperatures were enough to help but even still the fever had taken hold.

 

“Hen...ry?” was Robert’s voice it was weak but Henry could still hear him.

 

“Robert? Robert wake up there are some men coming into the cave we have to go!” Henry said.

 

“No….sick…..Hen...run...” was all he could hear from Robert.

 

“I’m not going to leave you behind Robert.

 

“Must….yourself…..Sarah….” Robert said to him.

 

This time Henry’s tears were evident in his eyes as he leaned down to him to try and help him up. But Robert’s hand was firm against him.

 

“Go….save….lea...ve,” he said to him.

 

“But…..?” Henry said.

 

“Disks….save….dinosaurs,” Robert replied.

 

It was then that Henry’s mission was clear Robert wanted him to save himself and the disks. That was their mission and why they came here. Alan who was not moving did not wake. But the rise and fall of his chest showed that he was at least still alive. Robert was too weak himself to get up and fight but he managed to have enough strength to tell Henry to leave.

 

Henry wanted to ball and to throw his fists at Robert but a whine from Sarah prevented him from doing so.

 

Realizing his purpose now he quickly ran back into the building and retrieved the bag with the disks. Sarah then lowered herself down so he could board her without a fight and they quickly took off over the men coming in from the cave entrance.

 

A few gunshots were heard as Henry rose higher then them but at least the distance traveled would be good.

 

Sarah seemed to know where she was going as she swung her body towards the south. Henry realized that they had traveled north of the island and where Jos è had the ship was to the south. Sarah managed to make her way over the mountains towards the south. As they neared the area where they were cast off the sounds of propellers alerted Henry to company.

 

Turning he spotted a Helicopter behind him. This one did not look like anything InGen had cooked up….

 

In fact it looked more like….

 

“Oh shit!” he cursed out loud.

 

Sarah shrieked as she dove down and away from the helicopter. The helicopter followed Henry as the first of many gunshots could be heard.

 

Sarah shrieked as she ducked and weaved her way to avoid the blades. Her shrieks were quite loud. Henry held on as she ducked and weaved again until they reached cloud cover.

 

There the helicopter could not see them and Sarah used this to her advantage. Henry held on as she stayed there listening to the helicopter before diving down towards water again. This time he held on as she made a sudden turn to avoid the water and was far from the island.

 

Henry saw that they were far enough away where they gave up on Henry and Sarah but as they flew away.

 

He could only hope to God that Alan and Robert would be safe.

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

Notes:

A/n: Sorry for the cut off but this chapter was hard to write. I had to restart it about three times before I was satisfied with its execution. I wanted this story to take a darker turn before going back up to more lighter tones again. It gives a sense of the dangers that one goes through for any of the Jurassic Islands.

 

Now before you ask the timeline is this. Alan, Robert and Henry spent a good amount of time on Isla Sorna. Josè the man who brought them to the island was asked to stay when needed or if they took too long head back towards Nublar.

 

Well you can guess how long they had been there.

 

As with Henry and Sarah and Alan and Robert’s fate well...I am going to write that in the next couple of chapters. The next few chapters will take us back to Isla Nublar before we move forwards. I wanted to go back and cover what happened on Nublar when the men went to Sorna. Then converge it to this arch’s conclusion.

 

As always people please review and remember don’t leave any BASHINGS, LORE MONGERS OR FLAMES thank you.

Chapter 27: Tank Saves the Day

Summary:

Going back to Isla Nublar and what happened before everything went down on Sorna.

Notes:

Whew that was hard to write! The last chapter was indeed hard as I was trying to get the sense of danger that came with the lost world...well before it became the lost world. It wanted a feel that it had a sense of mystery to it. That part was hard. Especially when I wrote the part about Henry.

Now someone emailed me and asked me about Henry Wu’s character. Now I wanted his character to be based more on the book then the movies. Well the first movie he seemed more human then his Jurassic World counterpart. I wanted to flesh him out as a more humble guy after dealing with Tien and Rosie.

Now the sense of danger with the release of the dinosaurs and Dinosaur DX which was in the second novel was also a problem to write. The way it was stated said a type of prions, but the symptoms were closer to rabies. Now mind you I had to do research on Rabies because there is no rabies in Hawaii but the symptoms seemed to match more to it.

And also I wanted to show you the reader more into the Lost World before it was established. You know before the animals became as they were and they were still in the process of figuring out where they fit in the ecosystem. I also wanted to show the atmosphere of the Lost World as I see it here at home. After all they shot all the movies here in Hawaii and I wanted to show you how much the outer (Non O’ahu) islands really look like.

Before I get into the chapter I wanted to state that it has been a while since I wrote anything related to this. The reason is because my work schedule has been very hectic lately and writing has become a hassle. Now mind you I love to write and I love writing fanfiction because it is easier to write but work and life can kick your a*& sometimes.

So this next chapter that I am writing is going to take us back to Isla Nublar, and what happened between the time Alan’s group made the call to when they were captured. So much is happening right now in Alan’s Dinosaurs and it makes for much to be explored.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

ISLA NUBLAR 48 HOURS AGO

 

“Ray?” a voice said and Ray Arnold hung up the phone. There Jessica Grady stood behind him with a sleeping Maria on her shoulder. The child was giving off light snores enough for Ray to feel confident the child is not going to get up soon.

“That was Robert checking in. They had found a whole bunch of shit on Isla Sorna. But they have run into a set back with Alan’s injury and the dinosaur attacks.” He said sadly.

Jessica sighed, “I know, I hope they get back soon we have to leave tomorrow,” Jessica said.

Ray sighed knowing she was right. The helicopter that was supposed to take the Grady’s back to the mainland was due the next day at noon. He was not going to look forward to that. The only good thing was that Gerry was also on that flight and would be back around that time. As he stood up a certain someone made himself known on his shoulder.

He had forgotten that Frankie had taken a liking to Ray and would often times sleep on his shoulder. The Archeopteryx would then keep a lookout for danger while Ray works. When he digs his claws into Ray’s shoulder then he knew it’s time to leave.

This time however Frankie was quiet as the feathered creature would look around and keep and eye out for they are in a dangerous place alone. He knows that they are being watched but nothing bad was going to happen.

“Well we better get going then alright,” he said to Frankie and offered him a roach he caught earlier. The little guy was starting to rub off on him. Even if he does steal Ray’s cigarettes.

As they started towards the staff door, and towards the front of the Visitor’s Center Ray figured out why Frankie was not alarmed. A very large head appeared from below, and a large snout full of teeth was shown. Rexy had made her presence known and snorted at Ray. The large eye of the T-Rex eyed him out before a soft purr could be heard. Ray chuckled as he slowly gave the rex a scratch.

“You know you were very temperamental until Alan came along. Probably taught you some manners,” he said to the T-Rex and just as he said it she snorted in his face leaving some snot on his shirt.

“Ok maybe not, but how the hell did he get you to be nice?” he said.

As Ray made his way down the stairs Rexy watched him before backing out slowly from the Visitor’s Center. The huge T-Rex followed Ray towards the jeep that he keeps just off to the side in the garage. When he got in and strapped himself in Rexy gave some excitement.

“Oh that is why you were waiting for me? You wanted to play tag again,” he said.

It had become a common game for them as Ray would often drive towards the hotel with Rexy following suit. The larger dinosaur had taken upon herself to race the jeep and see if she can pass him. Ray would have some sort of fun while doing this and the children would laugh if they see the normally serious Ray playing with the large predator.

When they got near the hotel Rexy would usually turn towards the area where the children would be playing. Ray was amazed that the T-Rex would take such a liking to the children. Owen and his sister especially enjoy playing with Rexy. Spitz has taken to babysitting the youngest Maria and Josè’s children. The two Hispanic kids proved to be fun and the dilophosaur would spend hours playing with them. They are the perfect babysitters.

The only one who usually would spend time off to the side was Tank. The ankylosaur would watch the children from a distance and when they get too rowdy would slam her tail into the ground as a warning. The children would then be chastised for such an event but Tank ignored them and continued on eating. She had taken to watching the now established herds around the park. She as well as Lady Margret the triceratops had taken to the cattle, sheep, and goats. And as such they had been released to the herds to help them grow seeing as the cages could not hold them for long.

It was a good thing too as they were getting too small with the ever increasing number of cattle being found and rounded up. It was a good thing that Tank and Lady Margret became friends. With the herbivores now keeping an eye on the livestock it made the humans job much easier to deal with. The carnivores only take what they need to eat but nothing more. Rexy surprisingly enough likes goats but prefers a big fat juicy cow. Ray can guess it is because cows have more meat on them. Or that Josè and his wife had been giving Rexy milk which shows as a treat.

When he got to the room Abril was already making dinner with Jessica. The smell of some barque made his mouth water as he sat down and went for a glass of water.

“How are you holding up Ray?” asked Richard as he entered the main living room.

“Tiring at least I know where the systems malfunctions are and are able to fix a good number of them. But being by myself its going to take sometime. I just wish the computers were here instead of there. Having to guard myself in my own workplace is hard enough as it is.” Ray replied.

Laughter could be heard as the children entered the room their Spanish lessons had proven to help as they are now talking to the Costa Rican children better. As well as learning how to cook better. Abril had been wonderful in helping out along with taking care of the dinosaurs. She may not be a vet but she is a mother who knew things and as such helped Jessica when she could. Ray was just glad their happy families got along so well together.

As the day ended once again and the dinosaurs settled it fell into routine that the children wanted to play a quiet game before bed. There were board games they played and they take a pick for the night. The adults would talk about the days festivities and the dinosaurs would either hunt or sleep.

Tonight however things were a little different.

It started with Tank acting strangely. She began to pace and her nostrils began to flare. Rexy sensing the danger also growled low in her throat. Spitz started to flap his frill in agitation. The adults noticing the danger quickly rose each grabbing a rifle.

“Owen darling get the others into the room and hide,” Jessica said.

Owen did as he was told and gathered the other children before racing into the room to hide. Abril quickly pulled out several rifles for everyone while they all ran for the doors. Tank continued to stomp around the courtyard with Rexy and now Junior and Spitz agitated. Frankie being as small as he is hid under the bed in the children’s room. Owen quickly grabbed Frankie and held him trying to calm him down while minding his claws. Rosie and Tien were being tended by the other children both looking just as frightened.

Everything was tense and silent the sounds of the forest were not there as with the usual noises of the jungles inhabitants.

No something was lurking in the shadows and it has the dinosaurs spooked. Rexy’s growl was clearly heard along with the flapping of Spitz’s frill. The children huddled close while the adults held their weapons ready.

It was Junior who spotted the threat first and gave a mighty roar. She was followed by Rexy and then Spitz.

Suddenly gunshots went off from the jungle as something or someone began firing on the dinosaurs. Rexy was the first to charge into the bushes followed by Junior and Spitz. Tank remained with the humans while holding her ground.

Suddenly yelps could be heard and screaming started. The adults held the guns ready Richard was the first to fire at the first man to come through with a rifle. Others began to fire back and the children started screaming in fear. Abril went into the room with Jessica to help protect the children while Ray and Richard kept the me at bay.

However it was not the humans who keep the men back.

It was Tank the ankylosaur.

With one swing of her mighty tail she sent many men flying into the trees. With her large bony club she pulverized those same men. The bullets that came from their guns were no match for Tank’s armored hide as she ankylosaur charged and with surprising speed rammed herself into the vehicle that came flying out of the bushes. She gave a mighty bellowing roar before slamming her tail into the vehicle. The sheer force of it threw the occupants out from the other side. Slamming her tail into the ground it created an earthquake.

Just then Rexy arrived and bashed her head into an oncoming vehicle. The T-Rex roared a challenge as she chomped down on her victim crushing him. Remembering what happened last time she avoided eating him and instead thrown the person across the field. Spitz came charging through the underbrush and launched himself at the first vehicle and spat a huge glob of venom at another man.

The man went flying but the one next to him ducked and tried to shoot Tank from beneath. Luckily Tank knew from experience what guns were like and quickly let something foul go. The man screamed in agony as a pile of crap literally was dumped on him. Then she came down with her tail and the man went limp. Gunfire was heard all around as dinosaurs and humans worked together to fight off these strange men.

 

Suddenly screaming could be heard from the children’s room as ropes appeared from the windows. Some of the men managed to find their way up the ladders. As hands came up it was Frankie who burst out from his hiding spot to claw at the mask of the first man up. The man tried to get him away but Frankie had seen those masks before. They were the same ones that hurt Alan! Furious and determined not to let the children be harmed like they harmed their father the small archeopteryx tore into the straps forcing the mask off and then attacking the man’s face.

Gunshots began to fire causing the children to scream in terror as Jessica burst into the room with a rifle in hand. The blood that came from the man was enough to drive Frankie away from him back to the children.

“Quickly everyone get into the hallway. Owen protect them,” Jessica ordered as she tossed a rifle to her son.

Owen nodded as he led the other children out of the hallway and down several doors. Maria was crying as well as Zahara as the girls were only a year apart.

“Maria, Zahara come on!” Owen shouted as he directed the two girls. Maria held on to Rosie as the raptor was clearly scared and wanted to fight the girl but she held on. Tien being younger was being held by Owen.

Suddenly another door burst open and several men came out from it. Screaming the children tried to run and ended up in a room that was clearly under construction.

“This way!” Owen shouted to them.

They ran with him as he neared the window.

It was there that he saw for the first time a tree just beyond the window.

“There! We can climb down from it,” Owen said to them.

“Owen I’m scared!” said Maria.

“I’m just as scared as you but we have to get out and into the jungle, our parents will find us I know it,” Owen said to her.

The children all quickly made their way down from the tree and started to run into the jungle. They could hear quick footsteps behind them as several boots and loud shouts filled the jungle night.

The sounds of heavy boots and the chink of metal and leather made the children run faster in the jungle. The hatchlings screeched in fear as they neared the base of a large tree. However unlike the tree that Alan used to save Lex and Tim this one is much too steep. Its trunk stretches all the way up into the canopy and it rises far too high for them to climb. Its thick trunk and tentacle like roots stretch out and make the tree appear as if it was a giant sea monster. Owen tried to put himself in front of the other children. His larger body to serve as a block for them.

The bushes in front of them finally parted and several men emerged from the bushes.

 

MEANWHILE

 

“Owen?” Jessica called while holding her rifle. She watched the children run into the hallway.

“Maria?” she called again and still no response.

“Parker! Zahara!” yelled Abril as she came into the hallway also with her gun ready. Ray also followed behind them as they ran down when they heard the screaming.

Gunshots could also be heard as they ran down the hall and with guns ready and reloaded from the dead bodies of the soldiers they killed. They entered the hallway to find the men trying to get down to follow the children who ran into the jungle.

Suddenly one of them turned to start shooting when Rexy’s head filled the window and took the man out and bit him in half. She was then followed by Sptiz who spat venom at another man. The adults ran down the stairs on the side of the room the children were in to get to the floor. Luckily they were on the second floor and ran after the children in the Jungle.

 

MEANWHILE

 

“Hey Larry they are just kids!” one man called to another who was obviously the leader.

The man was dressed like a typical soldier with camouflage paint on his face and upper torso. He held his gun out to them.

“Don’t underestimate them,” he said clearly speaking English.

“Don’t hurt us we’re American!” Owen shouted at them.

“Fuck off kid you are not going anywhere,” said the man beside Larry.

“On the ground,” Larry shouted.

Parker whimpered and Zahara held onto Maria as clearly both were crying.

“I said on the ground now!” he shouted but the two Coasta Riccan’s did not understand him and one man even went as far as to strike Parker to get him to get on his knees.

Owen then kicked the man in the shins causing him to hit Owen in the head. Owen then fell towards the ground much to Maria’s shock. Owen’s head was swimming as he looked at the man who hit him. He held a cigarette in his mouth as he looked at him gun pointing. These were no movie actors who will not shoot a kid. These are real cold blooded killers who are just as ruthless as the stories said.

“Owen!” Maria shouted as she tried to get him only to be struck from behind by another man. She fell to the ground crying as she struggled to get up. The man went to hit her again when Parker came from the side. They too hit him and he was thrown into the tree. Owen was then grabbed from the back of his shirt and held up.

“You’re pretty brave ar’nt ya!” another man said this one Owen could tell had blonde hair but his breath reeked of something fowl. If his head was not already swimming from the blow to the back of the head he would have vomited.

In fact he did vomit all in the man’s face. In shock the man dropped Owen who could hardly find the equilibrium to get up. Maria was clearly crying and screaming while they held her up from the back of the shirt as well. Zahara and Parker were also fighting as the men twisted their arms and their cries of pain and fear echoed through the jungle.

“Fuck off let’s go I don’t know when those things will be back,” said Larry as he continued to drag Owen. The overweight boy was clearly afraid as the men pushed him causing his head to spin even more.

 

MEANWHILE

 

It was Spitz that found the trail where the kids were taken. After they saw the signs of struggle near the tall Banyan tree and the blood the they found on the ground. It became more desperate to find the children. Rexy and Junior were with them as they looked at the carnage. Both Tyrannosaurs seemed to share growling noises with each other. Jessica and Richard had seen that behavior before with Rosco meaning that both dinosaurs were angry and wanted to find their prey quickly. Spitz seemed to be on the same page as them as he too shared the same though. A bigger growl escaped his throat as he knew Owen and Maria the best. They were part of his pack and his pack was in danger.

 

“You think they are pissed?” asked Ray as he looked at Richard.

After losing his rifle Richard got one off one of the fallen soldiers. His face was covered in blood from a long gash across his head. The blood from a grazed bullet streaked down his arm while Abril sported a gunshot wound to the side. But luckily nothing serious. All the adults were not in the worst shape possible thanks to their dinosaur companions. Rexy held several gunshot wounds to her side but because they were not the heavy artillery that Robert normally carries she was fine. Spitz being faster then the larger dinosaurs only had a few scratches.

Both larger predators started off into the forest following the scent of blood. Spitz remained behind with the humans to help them along. Tank was nowhere to be seen. The herbivore was probably eating somewhere which was fine with them. Though they could have really used her help getting through the jungle.

As if realizing that their human companions could not move as fast in the jungle Rexy and Junior returned and offered a lift.

“Thanks girls,” said Jessica as she patted them down. Both large predator has finally taken to giving them rides voluntarily without prompting. This was a good sign of building trust. Quickly as they came they started into the jungle after the children.

All the adults had to admit that the way Rexy was strutting it was a sure sign that the giant predator was angry. As she neared the area she stopped and began to sniff the ground. The Rex was growling low her teeth seemed more menacing then usual. Spitz also was agitated as he too was on the ground sniffing. His frill was flapping and fully out meaning that he was both angry and scared. Then it was Junior who took off into the forest again followed by the other two predators.

 

MEANWHILE

 

The feeling of a rough tongue on his face alerted Owen to the fact that he was somewhere he was not supposed to be. And from the bumps he felt on his head he was moving. Owen realized with a start that he was in some sort of cage.

“Owen?” said a voice.

Owen’s head still swam but the thirteen year old boy looked up to see Parker there. The Coasta Riccan was terrified but looking mostly unharmed. The large hand print on his face and his bleeding nose suggested a beating from someone. The tongue continued to lick his face and Owen looked up at Frankie. The Archeopteryx had hid in his shirt the whole time he was running from those men. His smaller size made him perfect to hide in his clothes. Looking up he spotted Tien and Rosy still feeling fine but hidden in the children’s clothes.

Due to their smaller sizes the hatchlings were roughly the size of Frankie and therefore able to hide in with the children. The men had not counted on the fact that the dinosaurs could get that small. From the sounds and the smells Owen figured that they are trapped somewhere out in the jungle with the mercenaries, and are being transported somewhere. His hands were tied and his feet were also bound. Parker, Maria, and Zahara were also bound and gagged like he was with Tien and Rosie chewing on the bindings. Frankie was doing the same with his.

Eventually when the men came to check up on them it was the lead hunter that saw them first.

“Well lookie they are already up, Go find Mace,” said the man.

Sure enough when the man returned he came with an older man with some scars on his face. An eye was missing from his left side but he walked with a gait of someone who has been through many battles. Owen and the others trembled in fear when they saw him. The hatchlings and Frankie hid in the shadows when he came into the room.

“Well, well it seems our young captives are awake,” he said pulling out a chair.

“Sir, shall we get them some food and water?” one of his men asked.

“Whatever for?” the man Mace said to him.

“But sir they are children,” the first man replied.

“They are not children they are just part of the rebel group left to be dealt with. The Board of Directors gave us explicit instructions to kill anyone regardless of age and gender if they show resistance. These children are just part of the process. We are here to do a clean up is that understood,” the man Mace said.

“Do we have to kill all the children sir I mean we could see some?” asked the other man.

He was met with a bullet to the head much to the fear of the children.

“Now get these children some proper arrangements I want to know what they know,” he said to the guard.

“Sir, yes sir,” said the first.

 

MEANWHILE

 

Rexy came to a stop overlooking the Northern coastline. The roaring waves could be heard while the forest below was unknown territory. So far they had mapped out where things were but now…

“Why are we here?” asked Jessica.

“This is the most rugged coastline yet the rest of Nublar is protected by the volcano but this side,” Ray said as he settled down to look. The wind was blowing strong from the sea but that is where he also saw the smoke.

“There to the east that is where they took the kids.” he said.

“Then let’s settle this!” Jessica said.

 

MEANWHILE

 

Owen was thrown into the mud along with the other children. They were then tied to a pole in the middle of the jungle.

“You know the best way to torture children is to watch other children be tortured. So lets start with you boy,” he said pointing to Parker.

The Hispanic boy was crying when they dragged him in front of Owen and the others and started to beat him.

“Leave him alone!” Owen screamed at him.

“Are you going to talk? No? Well too bad,” he said and started to beat him.

Owen struggled in his bindings to fight back.

“Why are you doing this? We had done nothing to you,” Owen screamed at him.

“You are going to tell us what you know about the project,” he said.

“What project? We don’t know anything!” Owen screamed at him.

Parker cried as he was hauled from where they were beating him and threw him with the others.

Mace walked towards Owen he grabbed the boy roughly with his fingers and then he grabbed him by his thick throat. Owen could barely breathe when he pulled, “You think you are funny don’t ya? Well better start talking or else we will do other things,” he said and then he slammed Owen’s head into the ground. The boy screamed in pain when he kicked his side.

“Owen!” Maria shouted with tears in her eyes.

“Ah I see you have a lovely little sister, she’s your sister right?” Mace said to Owen.

“You leave her alone!” Owen shouted as he struggled to get up. Only to be kicked in the stomach again.

 

MEANWHILE

 

The wind started to shift causing Rexy to stop. The humans on the massive predator also stopped when they saw it. Rexy and then Junior both lifted their snouts and took deep breaths. A deep menacing growl came from Rexy as she smelled blood. Spitz leaped onto Rexy’s back his nose also in the air sniffing. His growling hoots echoing in the jungle as well.

“Qué es?” Abril asked.

Ray turned to her and replied in Spanish.

“Richard?” Jessica turned to her husband recognizing the behavior before.

“Yeah, I know if they smell blood and they are growling like this then the kids are in danger,” Richard said to her.

“We need to move and get down to that camp!” Ray said to them.

As if understanding them Rexy began to pick up the pace racing along the narrow trail down the cliffside towards the ocean.

 

BACK AT THE CAMP

 

Maria and Zahara were both screaming when the men began to touch them. Owen and Parker both struggled in their bindings to be free. It was only when one of the men went to touch where he shouldn’t that he felt something rather sharp and rather painful.

“Ow! What the fuck!” he shouted alerting the others.

Rosie the baby Velociraptor leaped from Zahara’s shirt and proceeded to slash into the man’s face. Her small size maybe her disadvantage but her claws more then make up for it in the amount of damage she inflicted on someone’s face. It was then that Tien also made an appearance as he too attacked the man touching Maria and bit into him rather hard. The men started to scream.

Mace having enough grabbed Owen’s neck again, “Call them off boy!” he said but he was met with teeth into his hand.

Screaming in pain he let go as Frankie began to claw his hand with his claws and teeth. The men were trying to get the little dinosaurs, but both Rosie and Tien ran around them in circles.

Suddenly gunshots could be heard as men started to shoot at the little ones. But Tien and Rosie were too fast. Due to their smaller size they were not so easily shot. The men tried to fire back, but the two grew used to human ways and hid in the supplies.

“Hold your fire you idiots!” screamed Mace as he tried to clean the blood from his hands. Frankie had flown off into the jungle with Tien and Rosie following from the ground. He held Owen up by the neck again and thrust the boy into his face, “That was very clever of you to hide an animal in your shirt boy,” he said.

Owen continued to struggle, “You know what? I am tired of your shit and since you obviously don’t know shit how about we have a little fun before I kill you off,” he said and held his knife up to Owen’s face.

“You know boy you are something else hanging around with animals the whole time. Are you an animal lover?” he said stroking the knife against Owen’s cheek.

Zahara and Maria began to scream as men began to touch them in places they don’t want. Parker was being held down as several men started to undo their pants. Owen started to struggle as Mace held up his knife to Owen’s throat.

“Now be a good little boy and hold still,” he said and turned the large boy over. When he did so he began to undo Owen’s pants. Struggling Owen was well familiar with the term rape. Just as the first man was about to enter Parker however he suddenly stopped what he was doing.

“Hey man you alright?” he asked.

The man started to spasm and scream as his hands went to his head, “What’s….oh my God,” he said and then grabbed his gun and started to fire on the man. Other men quickly opened fire but several others too opened fire for no reason. Owen smirked knowing full well why they were suddenly hallucinating.

“Boss what is happening to them!” said one of the other men.

“I don’t….Boy!” He said grabbing Owen again, “What the fuck was that?” he said.

Owen was not afraid to explain this time, “Toodon their bite is venomous he will die in twelve hours there is no cure,” he said.

Owen knew full on there is a cure but he will not tell these men that detail. The man continued to spasm forcing Mace to shoot him before turning to him, “Boy that thing that attacked us back at the hotel what the fuck was that monster?” he said.

“Tyrannosaurus Rex, Dilophosaurus, Ankylosaurus, the ones that recently attacked you, Archeopteryx, Troodon, and Velociraptor Nubilarus,” he said while choking on blood.

“Fucking monsters! INGEN hired us to kill them and burn this island to the ground. And kill everyone on this island so that mean’s playtime’s over.” he said and pointed his gun out at him.

Just as he did it however all Owen saw was a ball of feathers coming from above as Frankie made his presence known once again. The small dinosaur attacked Mace directly into the face and the man struggled to get him off. While he did so he shoved Owen once again into the mud and was reaching for his gun. Owen unable to move could not see what was going on. Only the shadow of something above him alerted him to the fact that something was above.

Fearing it to be Mace again he was surprised when he heard a familiar rumble above him. The wind was felt above him and the screams of Mace could be heard when the man went flying into the nearby tree and fell silent. Owen turned over and looked up to see a familiar tail just above him.

It was a long tail with a familiar club on the end. With it swinging above him Owen was transfixed as it turned and Tank’s familiar face came into view. And right above her head was Tien and Rosie. Both of them looked more then happy to see Owen. Tank’s roar filled the air as the Ankylosaur charged at the men trying to rape the other children. Her head and armored body proved to be a formidable weapon.

 

MEANWHILE

Rexy started increasing her steps as she smelled the smoke and the blood in the jungle. They were now at the bottom of the immense cliff and now the Tyrannosaur could smell others as well.

Spitz grew excited as he darted into the jungle followed by Junior and Ray while she and Richard raced on with Rexy. The queen of Isla Nublar would not have any intruders in her territory nor would she want anyone to hurt her hatchlings!

 

With a roar she charged full on into the camp where the men were.

 

OWEN

 

With the bindings off thanks to the help from the hatchlings Owen quickly gathered up the other children and hid. Tank was having a blast terrorizing the men with her armored hide and her club tail. She was so well armored that several bullets could not pierce her. However it was when a familiar roar came into the clearing that everyone started to really run.

Rexy came crashing through the bushes with her teeth drooling. She grabbed the first man and ripped him in half causing the others to run in fear. Junior too was busy terrorizing everything as she came through the bush followed by Spitz and eventually the adults. Tank was near the children and used her body as a shield from the bullets. Her hide is thick enough to do without most of the bullets. But some of the men started pulling out bigger guns. Those pierced through her hide.

Even though her hide is tough Tank would not abandon the children. The hatchlings returned to Zahara and Maria who held them close.

All the while it took them a bit before Owen got up from his position.

“We need to get out of here,” he said.

“What about mommy and daddy?” asked Maria looking at their parents.

“They can worry about themselves,” Owen said and held Tank’s head.

“Girl I need you to take us to safety,” he said and as if understanding Tank lowered herself so the children could get on. Then pushing herself into the jungle she slammed her tail one more time into a large tent sending several men who used it for shelter flying. Then running into the jungle the children held on as the large herbivore made her way across the trees.

MEANWHILE

 

Jessica noticed that Tank took the children to the safety of the forest leaving the carnivores and the adults to take care of the hunters. She looked towards the tree where the remains of one of the men lay. His head or what remains of it lay splattered across the trunk and already the compy’s are having a blast eating him. Well they won’t be moving for a while afterwards with the indigestion they are going to get.

Rexy was apparently having a lot of fun with smashing things and Spitz was busy finishing off a few stragglers. But it was Tank that kept the children safe as she trotted away from the destruction. When it was all over Rexy gave one final roar before following after the Ankylosaur. She and the other carnivores met up with Tank near the shoreline overlooking the ocean.

When they found them Abril was in tears seeing her children holding the head of the now sleeping dinosaur. Labored breathing filled her lungs as Jessica finally saw the bullet holes through her hide. Though not enough to kill her they did cause her enough pain. Especially from the higher caliber ones. One man had a rocket launcher that did do a number of damage to Tank’s armor and that alone was probably what caused the Ankylosaur to flee with the children in the first place.

Rexy leaned down next to her nest mate and gave a low croon of concern. Tank only groaned a reply as she let Parker stroke her head. Owen was looking at the wound with worry on his face.

“Mom I don’t like it,” he said.

“The field labs are that way we can treat her there,” Ray said as he was thinking of a way to transport her.

In the end the dinosaur proved she was a strong individual and walked the three hour hike back towards the field labs. When they got there the debris from the recent storm has pushed branches onto the ground. This caused the place to look more like a jungle ruin then a medical facility.

Luckily there was indeed medical supplies to help someone like tank.

“Alright I will need some help with this,” Jessica said as she opened Spitz’s mouth to get at some of his saliva.

“Why you need that?” asked Ray.

“Well I did some research into Spitz’s venom so I could come up with a cure for Dr. Grant. I found to my surprise many antiseptic properties in the venom and the paralysis property helps to numb the pain.” Jessica said as she extracted the venom from Spitz. The dilophosaur was more then happy to do so. Tien also opened his mouth wanting to help.

It was rather adorable and Jessica used this chance to really study Troodon venom.

As she worked with the different poisons it helped to know how one venom worked. By having it rubbed in certain areas with the actual tranquilizers Tank was feeling rather good. It took a while for them to form a cast for the broken pieces of Tank’s armor but the Ankylosaur was more then thankful for the help. Plus with the numbing effects of Spitz’s venom Tank was more herself as she slept on.

“How could she stay asleep with the amount of tranq’s you gave her?” asked Ray.

“Well in the short amount of time I worked with Tien and Spitz I learned that both their venom have distinct properties. For example Spitz’s venom contains a neurotoxin that paralyzes the prey. Meaning that if Spitz were to spit at you the venom actual penetrates the skin causing the nerve cells to freeze and cease sending signals to each other. That causes the paralysis. But for the full tranq effect I have to rely on Tien’s venom.” she said this while holding up the bottle.

“After analyzing Tien’s venom and thanks to Dr. Sorkin’s notes I found that Tien’s venom contains a powerful toxin that can cause hallucinations and even changes behavior. But that is only in humans. In dinosaurs it is more like being doped up on Morphine and Opium causing them to exhibit a more on high behavior. But eventually it causes one to go brain dead if left for too long. However I managed to find that it also has a special healing property as well.” she said smiling.

“Really? What is it?” asked Ray.

“Well I was reading the notes at the hotel and then here at the labs while treating Tank. The bite itself has an antibiotic property as well as a property that can be used to liquefy a victim from the inside out. Kind of like insects do when they sting or bite their victims such as in spiders and wasps. A predigestive enzyme that softens the tissues up for the hatchling Troodon. That explains why Tien only wanted to eat cooked food because in a way it resembles predigested food brought by the parents. This actually helped me in a way so I can treat Tank’s wounds. The venom in small doses helps to soften the bone just enough for me to get the bullets out. It dissolves the bony tissue just enough for me to work with it. And I also works as a tranquilizer itself in small amounts. This will kept her asleep long enough for us to pull the bullets out and put the cast on her broken plates. Once it heals it will be harder then before,” Jessica said laughing.

“How are you so good with poison?” asked Ray.

“I studied animal venom back in vet school. I lived in southern California where rattlesnakes bites and scorpion stings are common. I even took a trip to Africa and parts of Asia to study dangerous poisonous animals and help people capture them to extract their venom. I am a specialist in that field that is one of the reasons why Alan appreciated my skill. They even brought me in when Spitz accidentally bitten Alan years ago,” Jessica replied.

“So how long does it take for the venom to wear off?” asked Ray.

“Judging by the amount I put into her about a few days. She would be doped up for a bit and it gives her enough time to heal.” Jessica replied.

“I’ll be sure to tell Gerry when he gets here,” Ray replied as he loaded Tank with the help of the crane in the back of the labs onto a trailer that was on the side of the building. The truck they confiscated from the poachers did wonders in pulling the trailer back to the hotel. Afterwards with the help of Richard and Abril packed up their belongings and went to bed.

 

THE NEXT MORNING

 

Activity was high as Jessica and Richard went to pack up their things. Owen whose face was bruised and sore was able to do some but the adults insisted on doing it on their own. Owen’s injuries prevented him from doing further and he was stuck once again babysitting.

But he didn’t mind as now he and Parker have something in common.

Both had been beaten pretty badly by the poachers and had suffered severe bruising. But luckily Owen’s mother and Abril managed to patch them up right. Parker and Owen both had swollen faces and both made jokes about whose face looked more ridiculous. But soon enough the girls joined in...well Zahara joined in.

Maria who was only five was still shocked by what had gone on during the night. Her only companion was of course the small and spunky Frankie.

As if sensing her distress Frankie tried to show comfort. The girl was silent as she held the little dinosaur. Tien and Rosie also sensed distress and tried to help out. Owen seeing this told his mother and father and they too were worried. Ever since that night Maria was not responsive. She even cried in the night as if being hit by those men again. It was heart breaking.

 

She was often seen crying by Tank who was out cold. The sounds of the ankylosaur’s breathing was enough to make her cry even more. But more then nothing it was actually Rexy who broke the trance.

The T-Rex had become a mother figure for the kids. Her mothering nature and her strong presence around Tank allowed Maria to feel comforted to know that the ankylosaur is in good hands.

So both parents felt heavyhearted to part from their dinosaur friends. But time was up for them and they had to return to the mainland. Ray drove them to the heliport where the helicopter was waiting along with Gerry. Jessica left notes back at the hotel for them which Gerry needs to look over. The hatchlings cried when they saw the Grady’s leave but there was no sign of Frankie. Ray figured that the archeopteryx was probably hunting.

As soon as he waved them off and greeted Gerry things hopefully would turn out better…..

one can hope.

 

TBC

Notes:

Whew I just saw Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and I have to say that movie ROCKED! I loved it so much despite my issues with the volcano scenes (I live on the Big Island where on the other side the volcano really did erupt.) So on that matter I hope you guys like this chapter and I will see you all next time. Aloha!

Chapter 28: Picking up the Pieces

Summary:

More Nublar stuff with the Kids.

Notes:

Oh man thank you so much for the favs and the reviews you guys are awesome! I never realized that this story has about passed the two hundred marker for favs which makes me go into hysterics. The other thing too that I love is the fact that this story is my third most popular story on my profile. *SQUEALS!*

 

Now that makes me smile every time I see that marker it means after twenty years of writing fanfiction my story telling has really improved.

Now after all that excitement on with the story.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

JURASSIC PARK RESORT ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

Hey Ray have you seen Frankie?” Gerry asked as he settled down. It has been about three hours since the Grady’s left for home and Ray had filled Gerry in on what happened while he was gone.

 

“Nope haven’t seen him since this morning,” Ray replied.

 

“Has he done this before?” Gerry asked him.

 

“Yeah usually meant he is hunting for the chicks,” Ray replied.

 

“Oh, alright I was just worried because the phone calls I usually get from you is when he is up to something,” Gerry said.

 

“Nah the little shit was usually stealing my cigarettes that is why you heard me yelling,” Ray replied.

 

“You know you should quit smoking that is not good for your health,” Gerry said as he looked at Tank once more.

 

“I had for the past two weeks. Had a few episodes but that damn shit won’t let me have a smoke. Every time I lit up he takes the damn thing away and buries it. I think he does not like the smell that’s why.” Ray said.

 

“Well if that is one way to get you to quit then I am all in for it,” Gerry replied with a laugh.

 

Abril was in the kitchen serving the children something to eat. Both Parker and Zahara were saddened that the Grady’s had to leave. All four of them had gotten along so well together and Zahara enjoyed playing dolls with Maria. Tien and Rosie were also saddened by the loss of their packmates. But even more so they are squealing because they are hungry.

 

“I don’t know where is that annoying bird he should have been home by now,” Ray said looking at the two chicks.

 

Yeah….hold on a sec let me get something for them,” Gerry said and had managed to use the roach trap they had to catch insects. It was nothing more then a bucket full of water and a mirror that Alan rigged to catch bugs. It worked and the insects helped to feed the little ones. He also had a rat station that he used to catch rats and mice. That also blended together with some fish that they had caught in the river helped to give the two a balanced diet.

 

As he was preparing the syringe with the paste for them to feed from Rexy made herself known by rumbling a deep rumble in her throat. Gerry still getting used to seeing her like this and was surprised that Ray gave her a gentle pat.

 

“Don’t worry Gerry you’ll get used to her. Alan really mellowed her out with positive reinforcement.” Ray replied.

 

As if understanding him Rexy’s rumble was so deep that he could not hear her at all. But he felt the vibration of her rumble and it felt like a massage of sorts.

 

“You know what girl? You should do that to me more often,” Ray said as he gave her a final pat.

 

Looking out the window Junior was busy sleeping next to Tank. The Ankylosaur was still recovering from her injuries with the heavy artillery. But she will be fine with some rest and some time to heal. Spitz was busy munching on some left over meat that someone gave him.

 

The Dilophosaur had not left Tank’s side and refuses to do so. Junior and Rexy were the ones bringing him meat to eat. It seems as if a bond was forming between the two species. As if noticing Gerry’s presence the said dinosaur raised his head and hooted a sad greeting. Gerry whistled back just like how Alan showed him. Spitz then leaned down and nuzzled Tank who gave a soft croon.

 

“You know they would have been mortal enemies if they had grown up separate. If this is what its like to have harmony at the park then I am down for a change.” Gerry said as he watched the two.

 

Yeah less stress on my part,” Ray replied as he helped Abril set up the table. Parker and Zahara were not as enthused about eating as Rosie and Tien, but in the end all four youngsters showed their sadness.

 

“Hey guys don’t be sad the Grady’s will be back this summer. They just have to go back and deal with normal life back in the U.S.” Gerry tried to comfort them.

 

“Speaking of the U.S. How’s Jessie doing?” Ray asked.

 

She is going through a lot. My ex-wife is not even going to go there with her. She was originally sent to me because Linda is going through a rough patch with her. Did you know that she was sent because she was caught shoplifting from a convenience store? Well that is what happened to her and why she was here. Linda just couldn’t deal with it and the police at the same time. So she scent Jessie to me to deal with since I live here in Costa Rica. Then if its not that then I had to deal with Sarah my eldest who was angry that I did not invite her along. How could I? I mean so much family bullshit going down that it was hard enough trying to deal with this crap,” Gerry replied.

 

Well I did not have it as bad as you. My wife left me for another man a while ago and come to find out the bitch caught the H.I.V. virus from him. You know that new STD that has been going down. She met the bastard on one of her trips to Africa and for a white guy he sure as hell was unfaithful to her in so many ways. Last I heard she was dumped and left in the middle of the Congo. Bitch had it coming,” Ray said as he sat down.

 

Looking at the time and looking out he had a look that was worrying.

 

“What is wrong?” Gerry asked.

 

Frankie should have been back by now. The little shit normally would have come back around this time with his dinner,” Ray replied.

 

The sun had set and the T-Rexes went to hunt leaving Spitz alone with Tank. The dilophosaur was more then happy to stay. His sad hooting was echoing this place.

 

“The bond those two have are solid and Frankie gone even more so.” Ray said to Gerry when they went to observe Spitz and Tank.

 

“That is a family Ray. Love is a bond and all of these dinosaurs share a bond. Now Rexy and Junior share that bond too,” Gerry said.

 

Ray was shocked to hear this from Gerry about dinosaurs forming bonds of family. That was not something he would have thought up. Looking outside and the two dinosaurs sleeping together the proof was there.

 

The afternoon light was coming to a close as the last of the sun started to set. As night set in there was no signs of Frankie.

 

“I hope the little guy is ok,” said Ray as they went to the table to eat.

 

The mood was somber with no word from Alan’s group and the disappearance of the Grady’s back to the mainland things were very quiet for the most part.

 

 

 

SEATTLE WASHINGTON TWO DAYS LATER

 

 

 

 

A small house on a ranch just north of the Seattle area and closer to the forested regions of Washington State. A van pulled up to the house that was there. The ranch was small and not as large as Dr. Grant’s property, but it was fine for the group that was there. The Grady family pulled out of the van and Richard Grady the patriarch paid the man in the van as they offloaded their bags to take to their home. Exhausted and sore the family made their way back to their house.

 

Opening the house the Grady’s were glad to be back home. Though it had taken them two weeks longer then expected due to circumstances. Things had been pretty good for the most part. Luckily Jessica called the school to tell them that they were held up on Costa Rica, and asked if they could send the children’s school assignments home instead.

 

The package waiting for them when they arrived was expected from the postman and Jessica looked at the address in disdain.

 

It was from the school.

 

 

She had also gotten a call on her answering machine from the clinic. Thankfully she had anticipated this and had her vacation extended since she hardly took time off.

 

 

When she checked the messages things were the same.

 

Richard on the other hand was pulling bags out from the back of the van and helped the kids get settled. Owen struggled with his bag while Maria was fast asleep in her car seat. When Richard gotten her out and the cab driver managed to get the seat out. The Grady’s paid him and saw him off. When the rest of them entered their home Jessica handed Owen his school assignments as well as the simple assignments for Maria.

 

Since Maria started preschool she was only given simple ABC’s and 123 assignments.

 

Owen on the other hand had a lot more to do and was groaning from head to toe. That meant that he had to do his homework before going back to school. It was then that he heard something barking. Turning his head he was greeted by their dog Ruby. A purebred Golden Retriever as she bounded her way to them.

 

Hey girl!” Owen greeted her and she leaped up to lick his face. The Grady’s gave her a pat. Ruby was left at the neighbors house to be cared for while they were gone. When the day came for their return the neighbors dropped her off inside the house. The dog barked happily as she wagged her tail. That happy bark turned into one of curiosity when she stopped at one of the bags. She started barking continuously.

 

Ruby stop it! Honey she probably was smelling the dinosaurs,” Richard said to Jessica when Jessica shouted for Ruby to be quiet. The dog kept barking at the bag and it was Jessica who sighed, “Owen dear take that bag of yours upstairs please and go to bed it is rather late,” Jessica said to her son.

 

Owen was more then happy to go to bed. Running up the stairs and forgetting to take off his shoes he reached his room and turned on the light. Ruby the dog followed him as he put his bag down on the floor near the foot of the bed. Ruby was sniffing the bag and Owen shooed her away.

 

“Out Ruby,” he said as he pulled his socks off unknowingly the large bag began to move. The suitcase was already upstairs but Ruby began to bark even more.

 

Ruby shut up!” Owen said and shoved the dog out of his room and closed the door. The dogs barking became insistent. Owen looked around his room and saw nothing going on. His room looked like that of any typical teenage boy...well early teenage boy. Rock bands and superheros filled the walls. But mostly dinosaurs and animals and a Machintosh computer just off to the end in the corner.

 

Sighing with the insistent barking Owen opened the door hearing his mother yell from downstairs.

 

“RUBY FOR FUCK’S SAKE SHUT THE FUCK UP!” Jet lag was really getting to her.

 

“Ruby!” Richard was calling to her. The dog continued to bark but Richard came up the stairs.

 

“Owen!” he called to him.

 

“I don’t know what is going on dad she just kept barking at my bag.” Owen said.

 

It was then that Richard finally noticed the bag…

 

and that it moved.

 

“Owen, son did you check your bag before you got on the helicopter?” he asked.

 

“Yes dad I packed all my stuff..” “No Owen I meant did you check it for unwanted passengers,” he said.

 

“What?” now Owen was confused. When he finally turned around it was then that he saw his bag.

 

It was moving.

 

Both Grady’s slowly approached the bag as it moved again. This time chirping could be heard from it as it moved while the dog started into the room again.

 

Ruby no!” Owen said and went to reach for the dog. It was then they saw the zipper move and a single clawed hand moved the Zipper further down. Ruby leaned in and began to sniff. It was also then that she had received a very nasty bite right on her nose. Yowling in pain she leaped backward into the air before running from the room. Both Owen and Richard looked towards the bag and saw the claws emerge. Then a very familiar feathered head.

 

“FRANKIE!” they said.

 

Frankie looked around the room and struggled to get out of the bag. When he did he shook himself off before hopping onto Owen’s bed.

 

“Frankie what the fuck!” Owen said to the dinosaur.

 

“Owen watch your language!” Richard said.

 

“Richard darling what was that….FRANKIE!” Jessica said and this woke Maria who started to cry. Jessica went to comfort her daughter while the boys looked in bewilderment at the archeopteryx.

 

 

ISLA NUBLAR

 

 

 

The phone began to ring consistently in the hotel room. It was Abril who answered and after listening to whoever was on the other side gave the phone to Ray.

 

“Hello?” Ray said.

 

Um Ray did by chance you noticed a certain small dinosaur go missing?” Richard’s voice said on the other side.

 

“As a matter of fact yeah….of fuck please don’t tell me,” said Ray.

 

 

Yep somehow he had gotten into Owen’s bag and is now here with us.” said Richard.

 

“OH thank God!” Ray said.

 

“What is it?” said Gerry as he came out of the shower.

 

“Well we know what happened to that little shit,” Ray said.

 

“Frankie, where is he?” asked Gerry.

 

“Somehow that little shit managed to get into one of the kids bags and now he is in the U.S. with the Grady’s,” replied Ray.

 

“Oh fuck!” Gerry said.

 

My thoughts exactly,” said Ray.

 

When Abril asked what was with the swearing Ray replied in Spanish. The woman’s eyes went wide and then she burst into laughter. She could not stop as tears came to her eyes and nearly fell to the floor heaving . Then one by one all three started laughing.

 

On the other line the Grady’s were just confused….and then it clicked and they could hear laughter from the other side as well.

 

“Well Richard now we know where the little fucker is and when this is over we can somehow get him,” said Ray.

 

Abril was laughing when Gerry translated.

 

She said something back.

 

What did she say?” Richard said on the other line.

 

OH she said she wishes he were here so I don’t have to smoke. But I say fuck it because now I can smoke without him stealing my cigs,” Ray replied.

 

The curse that sounded from the other end was all the three heard when the phone hung up. When it was done they all burst into laughter at Frankie’s antics once again.

 

Now that they know where he is at the three of them can concentrate on what to do from there. The three adults gathered around the table. The children had long since went to bed and the baby dinosaurs are safe in their makeshift nest. Spitz was still sleeping outside and would occasionally cry for anyone of his family members. The humans don’t blame him. Two days had past since Grant, Muldoon and Wu last checked in and no signs of them yet.

 

“I hope they are ok? I mean what if those thugs are out there,” said Gerry.

 

Ray translated for Abril, Luego matamos a esos bastardos que les hicieron esto y lastimaron a mi esposo e hijos.” (Then we kill those bastards who did this to them and they hurt my husband and children.) Abril said and grabbed a gun.

 

“Ok,” said Gerry.

 

It was then that they heard a noise. It was faint but they heard it on the wind. Spitz suddenly started making noise his hoots were excited and his barking calls were shrilly. Tank’s deep rumble was also heard as she slammed her tail on the ground.

 

“Oh shit,” Gerry said as he rushed out followed by Ray and Abril.

 

The pounding of Tank’s tail also awakened the children who leaped in fear before realizing that something was happening.

 

Rexy and Junior were also roaring a greeting. It was heartwarming to hear them as they all raced out to hear the sound. It was a shrill cry that was heard again when they approached one they had anticipated for a while.

 

It was Sarah the Pteranodon.

 

Sarah however was not as it seemed. The pterosaur was skittish when she landed but it was enough to let the one single passenger off. What they discovered however was not a warm greeting of the return of friends.

 

It was a wounded Sarah and an even more wounded Dr. Henry Wu.

 

“Henry!” they shouted when they saw him.

 

Henry was barely on his feet when he collapsed on the ground.

 

 

 

HOURS LATER

 

 

 

 

Eyes opened slowly as Henry looked up at the faces of both Gerry and Ray.

 

“Gerry?” he said looking at the veterinarian who was checking his vitals.

 

“Hey Henry how are you doing?” he asked.

 

“Where?” Henry wanted to know.

 

“The medical unit at the Visitor’s Center,” Gerry replied as he docked down the vitals.

 

“How…?” Henry’s mind was foggy at best and all he remembered was Alan and Robert yelling.

 

“You came back here on Sarah and she is looking just as bad as you. What happened on Isla Sorna Henry,” this time it was Ray who asked.

 

Henry’s mind was still foggy at best as he tried to put the pieces together. It was all too much for him. It was then that chirping alerted him to something on the bed beside him. Looking down Tien and Rosie were happily sleeping on his chest.

 

“They refused to leave your side when they saw you come home,” Ray said to him.

 

Slowly Henry reached out and stroked Tien’s head the little Troodon opened his eyes to look at Henry. All he felt from them were adoration and unconditional love from them. His purring also helped. Rosie opened one eye also when she saw this. She chirped her response as well and Henry returned the favor. Taking deep breaths the memories slowly started to come back to him.

 

“We got to the island alright but the workers there were slaughtered.” he said

 

“That is what Robert told me on the phone,” Ray said.

 

“Yeah but it was not by dinosaurs. They were killed my mercenaries because we saw some of the soldiers there. They had American markings on them,” Henry said.

 

“American? Are you sure?” Gerry asked.

 

“Yes, either military or ex-military but they had American markings,” Henry replied.

 

“The ones who attacked us had the same as well,” Ray replied.

 

“The Grady’s?” he asked

 

“Home in the U.S. with that little shit Frankie,” Ray replied.

 

“Good at least they are safe,” with that Henry closed his eyes and fell asleep.

 

TWO DAYS LATER

 

 

 

This time when Henry awoke he was back in the hotel room with both Tien and Rosie once again on his lap. The little ones had grown a bit and are now about half and arm’s length about the size of a pomeranian dog. Both were also very happy to see the figure they only knew as mother. Henry was more then surprised when Tien licked his face and began to make a chirr sound. Then he began to nuzzle Henry until the Asian man had no choice but to start chuckling. Which point he slowly lifted his hand to stroke the Troodon.

 

Tien sniffed at the hand before rubbing his head against it.

 

“Hello Tien,” Henry croaked.

 

Rosie not wanting to be left behind also wanted attention. Henry used his other hand to help scratch her underside. The velociraptor chick was more then happy to have a bit of attention.

 

“They miss you,” said a voice and Henry looked up from where he was laying down to see Gerry there with his arms crossed.

 

“Where...am...I?” Henry asked.

 

“Back at the hotel it was no longer safe to keep you at the Visitor’s Center,” Gerry replied.

 

“Oh,” Henry replied as he looked around, “How long was I out?” he asked.

 

“Nearly two days Henry. You ran a dangerously high fever and you nearly lost a lot of blood. We have no means to get you off of this island as there is another storm that is blowing around us right now,” Ray replied and sure enough Henry could hear the sounds of the heavy rain outside the hotel. Luckily for them they were on the inner part facing in the courtyard and protected by the hard sunroof.

 

He was not able to get up but from the sounds of it larger dinosaurs are sheltered out there. Then he remembered the pteranodon that saved his life.

 

“Sarah! Is she?” he asked.

 

“Sarah is fine and is resting with Tank. They both took a hard hit from the looks of it. And you too, it was lucky that Abril is a retired doctor and is able to patch you up,” Gerry said.

 

“Abril? José’s wife?” Henry asked.

 

“Yes,” Gerry replied while Ray went to get Henry something to drink.

 

“Why didn’t she tell us?” Henry asked.

 

“We didn’t ask,” Gerry replied.

 

It was then that the said person came in to check up on his vitals. Making sure his fever is going down and she shook her head. Speaking something to Gerry in Spanish she then walked out of the room. She returned a few minutes later with a cool compress and a syringe.

 

She spoke again to Gerry who nodded.

 

“What did she say?” Henry asked unable to hear.

 

“She says your fever has still not gone down. You are very sick and you had a horrible case of some sort of disease,” Gerry said.

 

“The DX virus, the notes, tell Abril she must study the notes! They are on...” it was then that before he could get worked up a large head entered Henry’s vision. To his surprise it was Junior the smaller T-Rex as she leaned in from the window. Being smaller then Rexy her head is able to fit in the hotel window better then her larger adult companion.

 

She was curious as to see the man sick on his bed near the window. The sound of thunder was heard very loudly outside, but so far everyone is safe. The good thing about the hotel is that it is on a hill. High above the flowing rivers and the swampy flat plains in the valleys below. Junior was more then content to study Henry. Her large golden eye shown with curiosity as she leaned down closer to him.

 

Taking a sniff she gave a soft croon. When she was about to get rough both Gerry and Abril hissed warning her it is not good. She leaned back a bit realizing her mistake. Then she looked at Henry again as the sick man looked back. His eyes softened to see such an adorable behavior.

 

Satisfied that he was going to be fine she pulled back and Henry assumed was going back to where Spitz and Tank were. But another shadow filled the window this one Henry had grown accustomed to.

 

Sarah was smaller then the larger Rex so she was able to enter the room. Though it was a tight fit she crawled in to where Henry was laying down. She gave a soft whistle as she leaned in to him. Henry reached up slowly and stroked her beak. Gerry and Ray had long since removed the saddle that was on her skin. Allowing her to wash herself of the muck and the grime that had built on it.

 

“Thank you,” he said to her as he stroked her beak.

 

Sarah whistled as she slowly leaned her beak across his belly. Gently nipping him she was glad to know he was ok. As soon as she was sure he was going to be ok she went back to her perch on the balcony. It was a good thing that InGen built this building to be strong. Or else the weight of Sarah and Junior would have toppled it.

 

“Did something happen to me?” Henry asked.

 

“Henry you flatlined several times before we were able to stabilize you,” Ray said.

 

“Fuck!” Henry replied.

 

“Plus those bullet wounds in your leg they were infected that and whatever disease you caught was slowly killing you. Abril had to use a special plant she had found in the jungle to help you. That and have Spitz cough up some of his poison to make sure you did not move.” Ray said as he gave Gerry a cup of coffee.

 

“What happened Henry,” said Gerry.

 

With the last of his strength Henry explained what happened to the three men and the dinosaurs on Isla Sorna. He even explained about the video cassettes and the burials they had to do to all the dead workers. He even went on to explain the discovery they had found about the disease they had uncovered. Even the attack of the enraged dinosaurs and the mercenaries. Ray and Abril explained about the ones who attacked them the last night the Grady’s were with them. They even told about how Tank fell ill with injury and why he was at the hotel instead of the hospital wing.

 

“Damn compys came through like a thunderstorm. They destroyed everything and tried to kill you several times. If it was not them then it was those damn Troodon. Tien was the one who saved you from death the little warrior. He and Rosie fought off a number of compys before we could get you out. But we had to take you there to get operated on because of the bullet in your leg,” Ray said.

 

Henry nodded taking it all in then with a sad sigh he looked outside. He got a clear view of the surrounding building and the trees. Even beyond the trees where the rain came down in sheets. It was so thick that the darkness was held back by a thin sheet of gray. But the constant noise was deafening.

 

 

“So what are we going to do now?” he asked.

 

“First we will lick our wounds then go from there,” Ray said to him.

 

“Ok,” Henry said and closed his eyes once again.

 

 

TWO WEEKS LATER

 

 

It took about two weeks for Henry to be able to get out of bed. It was a slow tedious recovery to some point. But it had taken him that long without proper medical care. But even still trying to get off the island to get him to a proper hospital without prior arrangements is hard. It was not due to the lack of transportation. There was plenty of that it was mainly due to the weather. Isla Nublar was constantly getting tarnished by the weather as the rains start to subside. It was strange this time of year with the approaching dry season coming up. It was not unusual for the occasional storm like Hurricane Clarissa to strike but it is unusual for three storms to strike the island. Now however hopefully Henry can finally receive some help for his illness.

 

Ray had hung up the phone and sighed. Henry needs help even if he was able to get out of bed he is going to need a full doctor besides Abril. But to get someone here is not going to be easy. Especially when you have several dangerous dinosaurs as watchdogs outside your window.

 

Speaking of which.

 

 

Looking out the window he spotted Rexy chewing on a bone to clean her teeth. While Tank now fully recovered munching away just outside their shelter. The rain had finally subsided so the ankylosaur was making the most of it with the new growth. Gerry and the kids were busy hauling away the dinosaur dung out of the hotel because the smell was horrendous. Thank goodness for the rain at night for it washes the feces down the hill towards the swamps. But to get them there was a hassle.

 

Thank God he didn’t have to do any of that.

 

Instead he is stuck in the room with his Macintosh working his way through the system. He had to rewire the hotel to allow him to do this. It was a dangerous task and one that nearly gotten him eaten. But Ray was adamant about getting it done.

 

“You ok?” asked a voice and Ray turned to see Abril standing over him with a cup of coffee. Her English was terrible but at least she was learning some of it.

 

I am fine,” Ray replied in Spanish.

 

Is it true? Those men took my husband, Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon?” she said concern on her face.

 

From what Henry told us yes, those same men took Alan, Robert, and your husband. But we will get them back,” Ray promised.

 

With that Abril went to check on the children who were outside helping with cleaning the dinosaur sleeping area.

 

They found that certain plants had properties that could help but Henry needed surgery and he needed to get to a hospital.

 

This weather is not helping we need to get Senor Henry to a doctor who can help him. I am limited to what I can do,” Abril said looking defeated.

 

“Don’t worry Abril I hope this weather lets up so we can call a helicopter.” said Ray.

 

MEANWHILE

 

It was then that thunder could be heard but luckily it was not where they were going to be. Gerry was just glad to be able to finish with the children when Sarah hobbled to them. She was still recovering from her ordeal and had multiple bandages on her body. Since it was rather painful Gerry and the kids had taken up cleaning Sarah. The pteranodon was most happy to be cleaned. The other dinosaurs helped too with Spitz and Tank. Rexy and Junior not so much.

 

Now the pteranodon gave a sad whistle and Gerry stroked her bill like how he’d seen Alan and the Grady’s do. It was a soothing motion.

 

“There, there Sarah it is alright,” he said to her. She rubbed her bill against him in a friendly notion. He returned it by wrapping his arm around it and stroking it further.

 

“She is big bird,” said a small voice.

 

Gerry chuckled as he looked down.

 

Zahara and Parker started to learn English from the Grady’s. They wanted to communicate with their friends and so learned to speak English. Though it was not as good as it should be and heavily accented it worked to their favor.

 

“Yes she is a big bird. Her name is Sarah,” Gerry said to Zahara who was the smaller of the two and the youngest.

 

Sarah looked down at the girl her large dark eyes showed curiosity as the looked at the girl. Gerry slowly pulled away allowing the pteranodon to explore the girl.

 

“Don’t come too fast Zahara, Sarah is not used to you,” Gerry said.

 

The young girl hesitated before she came closer slowly. Sarah who was used to children leaned down to appear non-threatening. Her appearance was a bit scary due to her sheer size even for a pteranodon. But she let Zahara come closer and when she was close she whistled at her. The girl squeaked with laughter when she heard this and started petting Sarah’s beak. The pterosaur was more then happy to enjoy her time playing. Her brother not wanting to be left behind was soon joining her in playing with Sarah.

 

The pterosaur was more then happy to enjoy this time of peace.

 

 

INSIDE THE HOTEL ROOM

 

 

Henry Wu was resting peacefully on his bed the babies refused to leave his side. As he rested the sounds of the forest filled his ears and the peaceful noises of the children outside playing lulled him into a sense of serenity. The only thing keeping him from experiencing full rest was the constant cough and the pain in his chest. The disease was taking its toll on him and Henry needed to find a cure.

 

But the was no medical doctor he was a geneticist and as such it was out of his expertise. The only comfort he can take for this was his children were here with him. Tien and Rosie tried to feed him bugs but he politely refused. Tien especially wanted to spend time with Henry and slept peacefully with him. Looking down at his chick he was surprised by how much he had grown.

 

Tien was no longer the tiny baby that had been in his pocket that first few weeks. Now he had grown to about the length of his arm. He and Rosie are growing rapidly and as such both needed to feed more often. Luckily they started hunting with Spitz who took them out into the forest to teach them how to ambush prey. They would return to rest with their sick father in the morning.

 

It was that morning that Henry was awoken to the smells of Abril’s cooking and the sights of Ray Arnold typing away on a computer they managed to drag back from the Visitor’s Center. The systems brought here must have been a lot of effort. But Ray was busy typing away at the code on the computer.

 

“How much did you guys bring with you?” Henry asked.

 

“Not much just some of the super computers and the basics. Took a lot of effort to reroute the power to here and shut down the Center fully.” Ray replied.

 

“I’m surprised you hadn’t started smoking again since Frankie is not here,” Henry joked with him.

 

“I wish but ever since he started stealing my packs and burying it I can’t seem to get around to smoking again.” Ray replied.

 

Well that is one way to quit, Henry thought.

 

Just as he heard that a haunting sound was heard. Looking towards the window a herd of Brachiosaurs was passing through. Tank was heard giving a greeting to her fellow herbivores and the reply was imminent. The loud booming noise was deafening but also alluring and peaceful.

 

The ground shook as they pass on by leaving the group in awe. Henry was coughing again and this time Abril managed to get him to get up to allow him to cough.

 

However things were not looking good.

 

He is coughing up blood that is not good. I don’t have the means to check but if I am correct he has tuberculosis,” Abril said to them.

 

“We can’t get him help with this stormy weather,” said Ray as he looked at the weather reports.

 

We have to try!” said Abril.

 

Tank suddenly gave a snort and started to bellow. Sarah who had retreated to the hotel’s perches also started to screech. Spitz’s frill was out fully as he hiss and hollered. Not far they could hear Rexy and Junior also roaring.

 

Things were not right with the world.

 

Suddenly the ongoing sound of thunder filled their ears. Ray suddenly ran for his rifle while Henry remained in bed. The sound of a helicopter filled their ears as it landed just off from the hotel. Rexy was about ready to attack when a dart suddenly came out of nowhere. The huge predator took a leap hoping to get to the helicopter.

 

Sarah was too injured to do much only spread her wings in a threatening display. Her earlier flight from Isla Sorna to Isla Nublar through a storm had put a heavy strain on her wings. The pteranodon had not flown since and the others had to feed her. Luckily for her she was busy keeping the children safely protected under her wings. Tank thrashed her tail ready to swing when another tranquilizer fell on both Sarah and Spitz causing them to fall as well.

 

Tank being too well armored was tranquilized when someone shot her with a canister of gas. The animal instantly went down. Henry shocked at seeing this tried to do something anything. But Abril only put a hand to his shoulder and signaled that the children would be hurt if he did anything. His own two youngsters only growled at the men coming in. But Henry put his hands gently on either of their heads. Stroking them down to keep them calm.

 

A man slowly walked towards them his footsteps sure as the men surrounding him. When he got to the hotel he looked around before entering. Ray was already there standing with the three of them. They watched as they pointed guns at Gerry and the children. This had gotten Abril’s hairs standing on end.

 

The helicopter that landed in the open field just outside of the hotel was a large transport helicopter. Men and vehicles poured out of them as the men made to secure the area. Large herbivore dinosaurs all ran towards the forests in fear. The herds also followed them hoping to keep them safe.

 

When they neared the hotel the dinosaurs were safely tranquilized and soon the door was kicked in and a group of men came wearing United States Military uniforms. From them entered a rather large man with a general’s uniform emerged. He walked over to where the group was stationed and looked around.

 

“Quite a place you got here,” he said starting a conversation. Both Tien and Rosie growled low in their throats. The man eyed the two before slowly lowering himself to their level. Slowly he raised his hand and let them both sniff before scratching under Rosie’s chin. Rosie closed her eyes in content as it happened. The same was done to Tien as the two babies were pacified. Slowly the general gotten up.

 

At ease gentlemen we have much to discuss.” he said.

 

TBC

Notes:

I wanted to cut this one short because it was getting a bit strange. The reason is because this was a chapter about recovery and I wanted to end it there.

So on that note hope you enjoyed this chapter and remember to please leave a review at the end. And please for the love of me no FLAMES, BASHINGS OR LORE MONGERS PLEASE!

Chapter 29: General Vitkiss's Proposal

Summary:

The gang gets a visit from someone important.

Notes:

Whew when I originally written this chapter a few years ago on ff.net (fanfiction.net) I gave a very lengthy summary about why it took so long to write. Part of it was because I had to deal with natural disasters such as the volcano in my neighborhood going off and losing my job. So the darker tones from this chapter was a result of it. So to save you the trouble I erased that part of the original summary and just went to the end notes which talks about the chapter more.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

UNITED STATES EMBASSY SAN JOSÉ COSTA RICA

 

 

All members of the Isla Nublar Party with the exceptions of Dr. Henry Wu, Abril and the children was sitting in front of a large desk. Behind it sat a man in a military uniform wearing several badges of honor. His salt and pepper hair was cropped short as well as several battle scars across his grizzled face. His square jaw and his large build made him look rather intimidating to say the least, but the man in front of them held a warm smile on his face.

 

“Gentlemen please sit I won’t bite,” he said indicating the chairs in front of the desk.

 

The men sat down nervously eyeing the guards at the door and the man in front of them.

 

“I’m General Vitkiss head of the American forces here in Costa Rica.” he said to them.

 

“What is an American General doing this far away from U.S. soil?” asked Gerry.

 

Vitkiss held up his hand indicating that he wanted peace.

 

“I know you all feel nervous especially after what happened the past few weeks, but I assure you that I am not your enemy here,” he said.

 

“How do we know that?” said Ray looking at the man dead in the eye.

 

“Because he is working with us,” said a female voice.

 

All three heads turned to see a very familiar figure looking back at them with a warm smile on her face.

 

“Nima!” they all said at once.

 

“Now boys don’t get all excited I was just telling my superiors that you are the men for the job that has to be done,” she said walking in.

 

She was dressed completely different then what the men last saw her in. Gone was the dirty, torn mercenary outfit she wore. Now she wore a clean Costa Rican Military Uniform with several badges of ranking on her left breast. Though they don’t have a standing military there is some semblance of one.

 

 

“Nima you’re alright,” Gerry said as he rushed to give her a hug.

 

Nima gladly returned it as well as several pats on the back and hugs from the others.

 

“But why have these guys come over and what happened on Isla Sorna?” asked Ray.

 

“I can answer that,” Nima said as she came in front of them.

 

“InGen has been doing genetic research for more then ten years now on both Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna. Since the company has leased both islands my government has been wanting some answers as to why InGen has been so secretive about its use for the islands. That was one of the reasons why I went to investigate. Lately there had been reports of giant reptiles being smuggled off of the islands. When one of the smugglers was caught to our surprise it was a fully grown dinosaur in our possession. After further investigation many more dinosaurs had been taken from InGen.” she said producing a file.

 

“I believe you are familiar with a former coworker of yours by the name of Dennis Nedry?” General Vitkiss said to them.

 

“Oh fuck yeah we are familiar with him!” said Ray now sounding angry.

 

“Now Mr. Arnold please do behave and let the lady speak,” General Vitkiss said to Ray.

 

Ray feeling chastised sat down. Nima began her explanation of her findings with the stolen dinosaurs and why they are in the Costa Riccan office.

 

“When I was investigating the stolen animals that was how I stumbled upon Jurassic Park. A group of smugglers was hired by InGen’s rival company BioSyn a genetics company well known for their shady tactics and despicable deals. As an undercover agent it was my job to get to the nit and gritty. When I came into the fold of smugglers as a mercenary for hire I was found by a man named Miles Chadwick. He and I hit it off not knowing that I worked for the Costa Riccan government. He wanted a story as to why I became a smuggler and I told him my true history of being Tun-Si and my hatred of InGen. He took me in and got me introduced to a man named Lewis Dodgson.

 

Now Dodgson is the man who hired us to retrieve the embryos from Dennis Nedry and to pay him for his services. What he never expected was to find Nedry dead and the Embryos gone. I made sure it was returned to where they belong,” Nima replied.

 

The General then lifted a familiar barbasol can for them to see.

 

“Nima brought this back to me to examine and the fact that InGen has created such creatures was phenomenal. To think that a genetics company has created or brought back something from our prehistoric past without consequences.” and with that Vitkiss ordered a man to take the can away.

 

“Gentlemen let me make this very clear to you all. Both the Costa Riccan Government and our own are not very pleased that this has gone on for so long. Now when we first heard about dinosaurs was when Dr. Alan Grant discovered his own animals on his dig site five years ago. The eggs that he found had bar codes on them from a company that InGen has long since bought off. But you know what gentlemen that difference between them and you.” he said placing his hands on the desk.

 

“The difference was that the company that created Dr. Grant’s dinosaurs had no interest in money as far as their creations was concerned. They were concerned with if they could do it and if they could what would they do about it? Mr. Hammond bought the company from a Mr. Benjamin Lockwood who owned it first hand. They had been friends before a fall out nearly ten years before. Then Lockwood created another company which in turn created the dinosaurs. Now these dinosaurs had been put under the protection of the United States Government by Dr. Grant himself. Seeing as they had been new at the time.

 

Now we see for ourselves that InGen on the other hand had only one interest when creating their animals, money. With Dr. Wu’s research into using other animals to repair the broken down gene sequences then they could make the animals quicker. Now the animals themselves have proven too wild for anyone to deal with. And from Nima’s investigation improper animal handling has led to many deaths following ain’t that right Mr. Arnold?” he asked Ray.

 

Ray knew whom he was talking about Dennis Nedry, Joffrey one of Robert’s fellow game wardens, the security guard in the vet’s office. The list went on to how many people died for InGen’s greed.

 

“Five hundred people have died on Isla Sorna alone,” Nima said breaking the long silence. She then produced a map for them to see on the wall.

 

“Isla Sorna the factory island of Jurassic Park. The dinosaurs were bred there and then shipped to Nublar when they reached a certain age. From our research that is how things went is that correct?” she turned to Ray who nodded.

 

“But what most people didn’t know was that not only was dinosaur production being done on Sorna. But research into a new or rather old disease was being forged as a fail safe in case something goes wrong.” Nima said.

 

“The DX virus or Dinosaur Extinction Virus is a very gruesome alternative to the Lysene Contingency in case it failed. It was a method that InGen planned on using on the dinosaurs in case something goes wrong like what happened for the past few weeks.” Vitkiss stated.

 

He stood up and walked towards the map.

 

“The virus that was used to create DX we believe is a form of rabies. Because the disease is fact acting and only effects mammals it was changed using the genetic material of another more ancient virus.” he then hit a clicker and a projector began to lower and then play on the wall behind him.

 

They showed old video of dinosaurs going mad after being infected with the virus. The rage they imposed on those around them and how the infection was spread.

 

The two men watched with horror as many tried to break free only to be euthanized by the scientists who created it.

 

“Dr. Wu gave us these videos after finding them on Isla Sorna along with Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon. This puts a whole new perspective to biological warfare people. With this virus InGen could control the dinosaur populations,” Vitkiss said.

 

They watched further experimentation on the animals as they slowly succumbed to the disease. The later stages are also like that of rabies with some symptoms that are similar to Prions. As they watched the animals slowly succumb and die Gerry’s eyes began to water. When the videos ended and light returned to the room. They saw the General with his back leaning against the rear of his seat. His eyes were full of sympathy for the men in front of him.

 

“Now normally I would not say a thing about this as it was targeting your animals. But a recent discovery has made me reconsider that option,” and again he played another video.

 

This one left the men horrified as they saw humans start to become exposed to the disease. As they did they began to show similar symptoms but unlike the dinosaurs which were more rabid. The human exposure was more like that of Prions. Motor functions began to fail and people began to succumb to its dangerous effects. When it was done they turned towards Vitkiss.

 

“Dr. Grant, and Robert Muldoon had been exposed to the virus upon their encounter with the animals at the Embryonics Center. When my men went to investigate they found the many graves that the men had dug for the workers at the workers village. They also found the graves at the Embryonics and Administration buildings. By doing this act of kindness they had unknowingly exposed both themselves and their dinosaurs to the disease.”

 

“The good news is that the only way for the disease to travel is by blood and bodily fluids. You men have been tested and found no traces of the disease in your systems. Your dinosaurs on the other hand had been exposed and quarantined for their safety as well as ours. When we went to retrieve Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon we found them to be totally infected. Dr. Wu was not as exposed but we believe with his help he can get a cure and a vaccine made for us.” he said.

 

“Where is Alan and Robert?” asked Gerry.

 

“They are currently at a hospital that specializes in exotic and dangerous diseases.” Nima answered for them.

 

Both breathed a sigh of relief then Gerry asked again, “So if we are here what has happened with our animals?”

 

“They are kept in a specially built pen here on the mainland. Your Tyrannosaur male needed extensive surgery as well as your whatever the smaller one is,” said Vitkiss.

 

“Rosco? Oh boy was he a hassle?” asked Gerry.

 

“No, by the time we got to them they were too weak to do anything. The pteranodon also is undergoing treatment for her wounds and the armored one as well. The spitting one is causing a whole lot of ruckus and the other two animals are under observation.” Vitkiss replied.

 

“Spitz, his name is Spitz and I can help with him if you are interested.” Gerry said.

 

“Thank you Dr. Harding the little ones are safe with Dr. Wu. We found that they are quiet and less fussy if they are with him,” Vitkiss replied.

 

“Why bring them here then there must be some ulterior motive to this?” asked Ray looking at the man suspiciously.

 

“As a matter of fact that is the reason why they are here.” Vitkiss said getting up.

 

“As we explained earlier about the thefts the animals that were stolen had been sold to the highest bidder. Recently we discovered a cartel somewhere in the jungle that is holding four such animals on display,” the screen showed satellite images of a compound and what looks to be an animal pen behind it.

 

“Look closer, recognize the species,” Nima said to them.

 

The images changed to something that drained the color from their faces.

 

“Raptors,” they said at once.

 

There were four of them all together in the same pen and from the images undergoing some sort of training. Then it changed to a video that one of the men took from the security footage of the animals.

 

“What are they doing?” Gerry asked.

 

“They are trying to recreate Dr. Grant’s work in training these animals. But instead of doing those methods that he was using which are non invasive and positively reinforcing they are using more cruel methods.” Nima replied.

 

“So they are training the raptors using cruel methods that never goes well,” Gerry said.

 

“After reading the notes that Mr. Muldoon had put down on raptor behaviors as well as raptor intelligence I have to agree,” Vitkiss said.

 

“Are there more of them?” asked Ray.

 

“A lot more, but this is the closest one. There are others world wide that are using the dinosaurs for their own benefits. So far the world only knows of Dr. Grant’s animals but if word gets out of others. Then you know how this is going to be exposed,” said Vitkiss.

 

“InGen is going to be in hot water after this,” Ray replied.

 

“That is why gentlemen I want to form a team. With yourselves and the rest of your party in the hospital. This team is going to be the ones to infiltrate and rescue these illegally smuggled animals. Dr. Wu is going to be working with our doctors to see if he can come up with a cure. In the meantime Dr. Harding you are the lead veterinarian here on property. I would trust you to help with the animal care. I’ve contacted Dr. Grady but seeing as she is currently back in the United States it is going to take some time before she can accept my proposal. As of now you work for us and the Costa Riccan Government and no longer with InGen. Once Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon are free of the hospital they can provide assistance as well.” General Vitkiss said.

 

“We don’t have much of a choice do we?” asked Ray.

 

“I will give you forty eight hours to decide gentlemen in the meantime Nima and I have to go over the final preparations of dealing with the cartels.” with that they were dismissed.

 

 

 

 

SAN JOSE MEDICAL CENTER FOR EXOTIC DISEASES

 

 

Henry was busy typing away at a computer. His equations for the DX Virus were not going according to plan. After reading the notes he cursed a the way the scientists on Isla Sorna hodgepodge their way into creating something so destructive.

 

The genetic material used to create the virus was not something Henry himself would use. In fact it was down right sloppy!

 

His disgust at his fellow geneticists had him working double to undo what they did. Tien and Rosie watched from their playpen as he worked in the lab. Henry always had this feeling of being watched by them but he didn’t mind. The feeling was not one where someone was watching your back to see if you would do something wrong. It was the feeling that someone was worrying for his safety and health.

 

Wiping his brow he looked at the two.

 

“Hey guys,” he said as he stuck his finger inside and scratched Rosie underneath her jaw. The baby raptor squeaked in delight at being touched and he repeated the same thing with Tien. The troodon was practically rolling over for affection.

 

Henry smiled as the situation seemed to center him. He began to think about his life before he met his darling children. Though they are going to grow to be vicious predators both of them for now are sweet and affectionate at the moment. But without them Henry thought to himself that he probably would have gone back to the mainland and been in a laboratory right now. Probably working on his latest creations to say the least. Not a care in the world.

 

All that changed when Dennis Nedry knocked him out and he was stuck on the island. It didn’t help that he became the father to Tien after tending to his egg. Rosie was born in the incubator at the Visitor’s Center. She was one of six but was the only survivor being the smallest.

 

She had been with them ever since and not in isolation like the rest of them had been. Alan was right in a sense that they need to learn social behaviors. And with them being around children and learning from Nico the older raptor they are far mellower then other hatchlings at that age.

 

This also seemed to open Henry’s eyes to the world around him at last. When he was first dragged here by General Vitkiss’s men and presented before the general. Henry thought for sure they would want him to breed more dinosaurs.

 

Not find a cure to an accidental biological weapon.

 

Turning back from the cages after giving them his love he went back to his samples. Using Rosco’s blood which was clearly infected Henry began to work on a way to counter the virus. But first he need to know what the genetic makeup is exactly that created it.

 

Looking at the notes that he had gotten off of Isla Sorna most of it was a jumbled mess. The men who tried to kill them back on the island were in fact mercenaries hired by someone to clean up the mess. From what Henry gathered they were probably from InGen to wipe any traces of Jurassic Park and Site B off the map.

 

Well that is not going to happen.

 

The phone suddenly rang and Henry went to answer it.

 

“Henry Wu speaking,” Henry said into the mouth piece.

 

Dr. Wu?” said the voice on the other end.

 

Henry’s eyes lit up at the sound of the voice, “Dr. Malcolm?”

 

Hey Henry how are you doing?” Ian Malcolm’s voice said on the other end.

 

“Oh my God how are you doing? Is everything alright? Last I’ve seen you, you had a gunshot wound to your leg and had to be medivac’ed off the island?” Henry said his voice finding some excitement.

 

I am doing fine now Henry I am still in a hospital in San Jose being detained here by local authorities.” he said.

 

“Wait? Why are you being detained?” asked Henry.

 

Well it had something to do with your animals and the nature of some of the wounds I had.” Ian’s voice sounded pessimistic.

 

“Oh my God I am so sorry Ian.” Henry said on the other end.

 

I am in better condition then Grant and Muldoon. Even you from what I heard has something to do with what you are working on is that right?” Ian’s voice said.

 

“Well I am trying to find a cure for the hodgepodge disease that my fellows created. I mean creating dinosaurs is one thing but sloppily creating a biological weapon is not,” Henry said on his side.

 

I believe you Henry and how are the dinosaurs doing?” Ian’s voice drifted to a more lighter tone.

 

“Well Rosco and Nico Dr. Grant’s T-Rex and Raptor are being treated for the disease. Frankie is with the Grady’s in the United States. Sarah, Tank, Spitz and my two T-Rexes are in a compound being monitored and my babies are right here with me,” Henry replied.

 

Junior?” Ian asked.

 

“She is being monitored here along with Rexy,” Henry replied.

 

Oh my God do you know the implications of having them off the island. I mean Grant’s dinosaurs is one thing they are raised on the mainland but those two?” he said.

 

 

“I know Ian and I wish I am there with them. But Ray and Gerry are in charge until Robert and Alan get out of the hospital,” Henry said to the phone.

 

Gerry’s back? Oh thank Jesus! He can be a big help to you Henry since he knows dinosaur medicine better then anyone,” Ian replied.

 

“I know and he has been a big help especially getting the samples I need to do my research into what those idiots did on Isla Sorna.” Henry replied.

 

Well good luck to you,” Ian said on the other end.

 

“You too Ian and hopefully this will be a good write for you,” Henry joked.

 

A chuckle was the only thing he had gotten before the line went dead.

 

Henry slowly hung the phone back up and turned towards the microscopes once again. His mind racing as to what he was going to do. The computer next to him was still working at deciphering the aspects of the disease exactly and he wanted to see.

 

He then turned to the notes next to him trying to figure it out. In let out a frustrated sigh and it was interrupted by a squeak.

 

Henry turned and found Tien and Rosie busy eating a rat they had caught on the side of the laboratory. The pen they were kept in or cage was open obviously someone picked the lock. He turned towards his reptilian children.

 

“Alright you two which one of you had stolen Frankie’s ability to break out of pens?” he said to them.

 

They both squeaked at him and after watching Tien swallow the rat’s tail. They both rushed to him and leaped into his arms to be snuggled. Eyes growing soft Henry gave in to their cuddly behavior.

 

Alright you two let me get my leashes it is time for a walk,” he said.

 

 

 

DINOSAUR ENCLOSURE JUST OUTSIDE OF SAN JOS É COSTA RICA

 

 

 

There you go Tank all better now,” he said putting the last of the paste that he had cooked up for the herbivore. Most glues won’t work on Tank so Gerry had cooked up something a long time ago from house hold food items that can harden into a natural plaster. That plaster would then be absorbed by the body of the dinosaur and help it to regrow the armor plating.

 

“How is she doing?” a voice said and Gerry turned to find Nima standing there in full uniform.

 

“She is going to be fine just a few more days and that patch should be fully healed,” Gerry said.

 

Tank was just happily munching away at some plants. The herbivore had moved away to enjoy a bush some distance across the enclosure. On the other side were Rexy and Junior resting on a hill overlooking the entire compound . Even though Gerry knew it won’t hold them the sound of electricity was something both Rexy and Junior were familiar with.

 

The entire enclosure was hastily built to hold large animals. Though the animals that were intended were mammals such as elephants and lions. The dinosaurs don’t seem to mind the accommodation.

 

It was large enough to house them for now. But since they are used to much larger spaces it would soon become a problem.

 

There was a part of the enclosure however that was under heavy isolation. It was where Rosco and Nico are currently being kept for observation. Both being tested positive for the DX virus Gerry hopes that Henry can help come up with a cure for the disease.

 

Suddenly a hooting sound was heard and Gerry smiled as he turned towards Spitz. Nima was amazed how much Spitz seemed to have grown since she had last seen him. When she first saw him he was about the height of her shoulder. Now however he was shown that he is still growing. In fact his wrists are not like those of their dinosaurs at all. Where their dinosaurs would face downwards his faced inward like his original counterparts. Also his snout started to become narrower and the crooked part of his snout reminiscent to his species is starting to show.

 

Nima’s eyes lit up as Spitz came to her and took in her scent. His frill was still there but that was the only thing that Gerry saw that was the same. In all Spitz started to go through a second growth spurt meaning he is starting to near his full growth. Alan mentioned it to him just before he left that Spitz and Nico are starting to show signs of a second growth spurt.

 

“Which one is this?” she asked.

 

This one is Spitz the dilophosaurus. He was the one who saved my daughter Jessie,” Gerry replied as Nima reached her hand out. Spitz sniffed at her before leaning down for a scratch.

 

He has grown since I had seen him last,” Nima said to him.

 

“Well he and Nico are entering another growth spurt. When Alan gets out of the hospital he is going to have his hands full dealing with them,” Gerry replied.

 

“So have you considered Vitkiss’s offer?” Nima asked.

 

“I don’t know I want to discuss it with everyone before I make my final decision.” Gerry replied.

 

Si I understand,” Nima said while petting Spitz. The dinosaur then pulled away and went to join the others. His coloration is starting to change as well getting more vibrant as he goes.

 

“Do you want to have lunch with me?” Nima asked.

 

“Glad to, I am getting hungry myself anyways,” Gerry replied as he gathered his things.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Smoke erupted from dark lips as Ray puffed on another cigarette. His time away from Isla Nublar had him thinking about his future. Jurassic Park had been something anyone would have dreamed. But to live there in constant danger normally Ray would rather avoid it.

 

But now…..

 

 

A deep rumble filled his ears as he turned towards the enclosure. A large head was looking down at him.

 

Rexy the T-Rex stared at him with interest she had seen him with a cigarette before and knew what they were. Unlike Frankie she was not as bothered even though her sense of smell was probably way better then his. Ray smiled as he snuffed out the bud.

 

Hey girl,” he said making sure to puff away from her.

 

She rumbled low in her throat but to Ray it was a gentle purr.

 

Slowly Ray reached in between the bars and patted her snout. She closed her eyes in content as Ray smiled. “Now you be good now you hear this place get a lot of storms. So luckily there is shelter for you over there,” Ray pointed to the enclosure not far from where he is at. Of course Rexy would go there anyways to get out of the ra i n but she was enjoying Ray’s company enough.

 

Not long afterwards Ray pulled away allowing her to go back the way she came. Wh e n he turned however he was met by the shocked face of one of the Costa Riccan soldiers that is guarding the facility.

 

“Can I help you?” Ray asked and then cursed forgetting the man can’t speak English and quickly went to Spanish.

 

I am sorry sir, I was just shocked she would allow you to pet her. Our handlers had been having a hard time dealing with such animals.” the man said.

 

Well she knows me I had been with her since she was little. The others depends on which individuals are Dr. Grants animals. This one here the big one her name is Rexy she is or was our main animal at Isla Nublar,” Ray replied to him.

 

The man was fascinated by Rexy as she walked away towards where a waterfall was seen coming into the enclosure. Opening her maw she began to drink from the waterfall itself. He could feel her footsteps as she walked away leaving him rather astonished.

 

Surprised?” Ray asked.

 

Si, I had never seen an animal like her? What is she?” the man asked.

 

Tyrannosaurus Rex, a dinosaur,” Ray replied.

 

The man’s eyes went wide at the way Ray described it. He was shocked that such an animal can exist once again.

 

I, I thought they were extinct?” he said.

 

Not any more,” replied Ray.

 

 

I only know big cats and large crocodiles, but not dinosaurs. She was on Isla Nublar? Wow that is why the Americans wanted to lease that island so badly. I’ve heard stories that they wanted to build a resort, but I did not know that they wanted to protect a dinosaur. If you need anything sir house keeping in the enclosure anything let me know and me and my boys can help. I am Miguel by the way,” the man said and shook Ray’s hand.

 

A pleasure Miguel I am Ray Arnold,” Ray replied.

 

Miguel kept staring at Rexy as she slowly went to nudge Junior and the two began a wrestling match. Ray continued to walk away from the pen knowing Miguel understands the dangers of dangerous animals.

 

 

LATER THAT EVENING

 

 

Gerry, Ray and Henry were all at the hospital staring at the two tubs before them. Alan and Robert both had to be put in special tubs full of ice cold water to keep their body temperatures down. As it was when the special forces arrived they found the men unconscious and near death. The dinosaurs were no better as the disease started to take hold. Luckily for them they managed to get to them in time.

 

Rosco and Nico at Alan’s request were kept safe in a separate enclosure to help with their needs. All they were soon joined by Jos é ’s family who helped to tell them the news of the outside. But then the family left to return home leaving the three men there staring at the figures in their time of need.

 

“Fancy meeting you three here this lovely day,” said a voice.

 

All three turned their heads to see Ian Malcolm there in crutches and a large cast on his leg. He also was staring at them with an amused smile.

 

“Ian I am surprised to see you,” Gerry said.

 

Ian chuckled, “I know and I am surprised to see you as well,” he said looking into the room.

 

“Alan and Robert?” he said in bewilderment.

 

Yeah brought them in a few weeks before us.” said Ray.

 

“Wow I never would have thought that Chaos would be this epic! The events that happened to the outcomes. I am sure to write about this,” Ian said.

 

“You do that Dr. Malcolm, you do that,” Ray said.

 

“Hey have you seen the girls yet?” asked Gerry changing the subject.

 

“The girls? You mean the dinosaurs?” Ian asked.

 

“Yeah, Junior misses you,” replied Gerry.

 

“When I get out of this stupid cast I will go visit her,” Ian replied.

 

“How much more?” Gerry asked.

 

“Two more months the bullet went through bone. That was why I could not walk very well. They said I was lucky it did not hit a major vessel or else I could have died. Unfortunately they had to take some of the bone out because I developed an infection from my trek in the mud. Hence why it is taking so long to take off the cast,” Ian replied.

 

“So why are you still here? Shouldn’t you be back in the States by now?” asked Henry finally interrupting.

 

“I would if they didn’t detain us,” Ian replied bitterly before taking a seat on one of the nearby plastic chairs.

 

“Detain you?” asked Gerry.

 

Well you were smart enough to take the first flight out with Hammond. But myself and I guess a few others from Jurassic Park that came off the boat were detained.” Ian replied.

 

“So if you were detained how are you able to move around?” asked Ray.

 

We are detained to this compound. The hospital is only part of it as well as the zoo. I had to be hospitalized obviously but the others… they are still being detained at least comfortably. Good thing we are not in a prison camp.” Ian replied.

 

The three men looked at each other their faces grim.

 

“We need to do something the General wants us to help him track down and deal with the dinosaur smugglers. But my biggest concern is the dinosaurs themselves especially the velociraptors. If they are misused in anyway we must do our part to help them. That cage is only a temporary container and we must do something about it,” Henry said.

 

“But where can we put them. Hell if they wanted to the dinosaurs here could break out and cause havoc. You saw what Rexy did to her fence. It would be a disaster,” said Ray.

 

“I know but what can we do none of us are dinosaur experts. And our so called dinosaur experts are sick with a disease that should not have been made,” said Gerry.

 

“You said that Alan and Robert are sick yes?” Ian said.

 

“They had contacted a virus that was hodgepodge together by a team of sloppy scientists. I studied diseases while I was at university so I know how they work. This was sloppy and the consequences are dire if it gets into the main population.” Henry replied.

 

“Well why not create something that can kill it.” Ian said.

 

“What do you mean? Like an anitvirus? I had been trying but in order to do that I need to know what that thing is made of. I am pouring over the notes and data the disks have that we recovered. But so far the notes had been sloppy at best. I had not looked through them all yet but hopefully InGen has some….wait THAT’S IT!” Henry said his face lit up.

 

“What is it Henry?” asked Gerry.

 

“We had been looking at this all wrong Ian you’re a genius!” with that Henry rushed out of the room towards his laboratory as fast as he could.

 

 

INSIDE THE HOSPITAL LABS

 

 

Henry booted up his computer his fingers moving rapidly across the keyboard as it showed the right screen. As he worked he kept taking notes of his ideas.

 

Henry what the fuck man!” Ray said rushing in after the Asian.

 

“Ray remember when the video on the tour explains about how we had to find sequence gaps in genes?” he said to the dark skinned man.

 

“Yeah,” Ray said coming to sit next to the enthused Asian.

 

“Well after what Ian said maybe there might be something….YES!” Henry said and showing the men the screen.

 

“I don’t get it Henry,” Gerry said catching up.

 

“Ok let me put it to you this way. InGen keeps a record of a particular genome and categorizes it with others right?” he said to the group and Ray suddenly lit up.

 

“Of course! We keep records of all the genes we had discovered through the fossil records.” Ray then sat down on a chair his mind in a whirl.

 

“Well I was looking at the data wrong. These are not InGen’s records these are the records of another company that InGen recently partnered with. A company that specializes in diseases. InGen was supposed to supply the doctors to help figure our rare and exotic diseases and the nature of those diseases. Then the company would take the data and analyze it to find a cure. Well I think we have our answer as to why the disease acts like Rabies but the symptoms or the nature is closer to Prions.” he said.

 

And finally something appeared on the screen a video of sorts.

 

It was a video of several scientists working in a laboratory. The computer images of a disease shown on display for them to work with. The genetic code of the disease was on another screen. Henry could not see it because of the quality of the screen but he could hear the conversation loud and clear.

 

He felt sick just hearing it as all of them watched the videos about the experimentation and the creation of the DX virus. How it originally came from Prions but they needed something that could execute it rapidly. Then they found out that they mutated the rabies virus to attack the dinosaurs immune systems. There it also attacked their organs causing organ failure. It was the perfect weapon to cleaning up the mess.

 

 

Henry felt sick thinking about it.

 

Slowly all three of them turned away from the screen their faces grim.

 

“When I first created the dinosaurs I created the Lysene Contingency as a way to control the dinosaur population. I denied them the gene that would normally produce lysene when foods such as soy are not available. Dr. Sorkin saw to its demise with her cure.

 

This was the back up plan to wipe out and clean up the mess.” Henry said in shock.

 

They continued watching and eventually saw that the disease because of its origins attack ed human s and other animals besides dinosaurs . It was an accident when one of the lab assistants dropped a canister containing the virus and it killed him in a matter of weeks. Due to the nature of the disease the patient was shown to have the symptoms of rabies with savage intensity. Then they had to burn the body as well as send a team to sterilize the lab.

 

But the disease had gotten out and when InGen sent the clean up crew it was already too late.

 

They now know what had happened on Isla Sorna.

 

“Oh my God!” said Ian.

 

“We have to find a cure,” said Henry as he looked at the samples he had determination in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

GENERAL VITKISS’S OFFICE

 

 

All three men stood before General Vitkiss they had determined looks on their faces.

 

Gentlemen it seems to me that you had come to a decision,” the General said Nima stood behind him.

 

General we accept your proposal and would like to help. However we need your help as well. The DX virus is a virus that was sloppily put together by a team of amateur scientists. From the looks of both Dr. Alan Grant and Robert Muldoon the virus can be spread to humans. We will need to contain and cure this before we proceed with dealing with the dinosaurs. And we are going to need our two main dinos in fighting condition. The female T-Rex’s don’t have the training to deal with velociraptors like the males do. So we will need a team of doctors and scientists to help us find a cure to this disease,” Henry said to him.

 

Your expertise and those of the people we loaned you is not good enough Doctor?” Vitkiss said to him dismissively.

 

I am a Geneticist not an Epidemiologist. You need someone who specializes in diseases not genetics,” Henry said.

 

“Alright you have yourselves a deal I will get a team for you and you will deal with our other dinosaurs,” he said dismissing them.

 

As they walked out Nima came after them, “Wait!” she called.

 

“You will need a team of zookeepers to help with animal care or are you fellas going to do it yourselves?” she asked.

 

“Well we are in charge of their care so we are suck doing it ourselves. Besides it will help us pass the time,” replied Gerry.

 

“I need to care for my little ones myself that is how I can bond with them. It is vital I do so or else they can become a problem,” Henry said to them.

 

I am a computer expert but I can help with security around here. Gerry is a vet so he knows how to take care of them,” Ray said.

 

“I know you met Miguel he volunteered to clean the pens while you are busy. I heard that ship owner had two more in his care?” said Nima.

 

José? Yeah he has two but they are not his. They escaped their enclosures and are now free in the ocean. Don’t worry though they tend to stay near the island. They are Terry and Iggy. Terry is the bigger one and from what I understand she will get bigger when she ages,” Ray said.

 

“I will make sure that people steer clear of those two then,” Nima said.

 

“Thanks Nima that will help us a lot. How is Atlanta by the way?” asked Gerry.

 

Nima smiled glad to change the subject, “My Mariquita is doing just fine in fact after I am done with you I am going to take her to a family gathering of my people. Too bad they won’t let you out. Perhaps with time you can join us?” she said happily.

 

“Well since you asked maybe one day when they let us out we can take you up on that offer,” Ray replied.

 

Nodding she walked away leaving the three men to themselves.

 

“So now what to do we do?” asked Gerry.

 

Henry sighed, “All we can do is wait,” he said.

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

Notes:

There is not much going on but it builds the feeling of dread in this sense. I wanted to conclude the conversation that started at the ending of the last chapter. So while this part is done I will go back to the Grady’s since quite a bit of you had been leaving messages in my P.M. box and my reviews about it.

 

So next chapter I promise you will be one heck of a breath of fresh air for me. So far this story started to go down a darker road. So I figured a lighter more uplifting chapter will help. So anyhow I won’t take up anymore of your time have fun and enjoy life. And stay tuned for the next chapter. As a reminder there is a contest going on that started August 4th and ends Oct 31st rules were posted in the last chapter. So if you have any questions please P.M. me about them and I will answer them as best as I can. With that being said please leave a review and remember no BASHINGS, FLAMES OR LORE MONGERS PLEASE! Thank you and I can’t wait to hear from you in the next chapter. ALOHA!

Chapter 30: Prehysteria Part 1

Summary:

Some lighthearted fun with Frankie and the Gradys. Enjoy the laughter everyone.

Notes:

Whew that last chapter was HELL to write but it had to be done. Thanks to everyone for their support in helping me out. Youtube and Discord have helped a lot when it came to coming up with ideas for the last chapter.

So anyhow we will be YES going back to the Grady’s since people kept bugging me about it. So this is what happens when you let an Archeopteryx loose on the population. Hehehehehehehe

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

GRADY RESIDENCE





Owen Grady sat there eating his breakfast. Eggs, toast, and some bacon for starters helps him to prepare for the day.



“Alright kids time to get going, Owen you got your stuff?” she said.



“Right here mom and yes I made sure Frankie is not in it this time,” he said referring to their latest guest.



As if knowing someone is talking about him Frankie made his appearance flying into the kitchen. Ruby the Grady’s dog sat down quietly when Frankie landed. She had learned her lesson when the archeopteryx bit her a few days ago.



Frankie then walked up to her sideways. Ruby eyed him with caution as he came to her and nipped her causing her to yelp and run from the room. Hopping after her Frankie used it as an excuse to cause havoc. Using that as a distraction Owen rushed into the family van. Already Richard was waiting for them while Jessica was grabbing Frankie and putting him in a bird cage.



The Archeopteryx was not amused at being put in the cage. But the Grady’s didn’t trust him to not destroy their house. Unlike Alan’s house which was built around the dinosaurs. The Grady’s home is just like any other house on their street. Built to modern standards and being closer to a suburban neighborhood made it appropriate.



So the small ranch they owned is built for more modern animals. However in case Alan has to leave town the Grady’s often have to take care of the dinosaurs on their own property. Thankfully the dinosaurs were familiar enough with their smaller ranch that they tend to stay near the area.



There are only a few who leave.



Frankie is one of them.



The Archeopteryx waited till the Grady’s left and then reached out with his claw to the lock. Using his large eye he was able to see what sort of lock does he have to pick. Seeing the key padlock means that Frankie has to think of other ways to get out. Looking down at the cage flood he noticed that they too had padlocks on them.



He eyed them for a bit observing how to best escape. He hated cages and this was no exception. He then moved around the cage looking for a way out. He then looked up to see something on the corner.



THERE!



Flying up to a corner of the cage Frankie saw a break in his water bowl! The bowl was like any other bird water bowl. Frankie knew this cage well…..



Hanging upside down he looked down at the water bowl. Cocking his head he studied it a bit before nudging it and then knocking it from its place. He then eyed the cage hinges where the water bowl goes.



Perfect.







MEANWHILE





Owen sighed as he stepped off from his family van towards his school. Already the other kids who had returned two weeks ago to class greeted him. Owen was more then glad for some normalcy to return to him. As he walked further down the hallways he was well aware that some of the other kids were laughing at him. Sure Owen loves dinosaurs and animals in general but his overweight appearance makes it hard to blend in at school. He had been having trouble even before going on vacation for Christmas.



“Hey look the Pilsbury Dough boy is back!” said one boy as he laughed at Owen.



Owen glared at him and continued walking towards his locker. Opening it up and putting his things in, it suddenly slammed shut and the face of Owen’s nightmares appeared.



David Gregson is the top jock at the school that Owen goes to. He is head of the football team and an all around bully. Being that this is a Junior and High School combined campus Owen was stuck seeing him.



“Well, well what do we have here? If it isn’t Owe me Great things? So Owe Me it seems as if you need some escorts to class,” he said. Owen tried to move away but the bullies friends blocked his path.



“I said you could use an escort don’t you,” he said his voice more forceful and his breath rotten to match. Owen tried his hardest not to throw up at the smell and raised one of his beefy hands to swat the smell away.



“Ah lookie he is going to slap me I’m scared,” he said pushing Owen and causing him to fall.





The other students laughed at him as David walked away leaving Owen on the ground and struggling to get up. Not even one day back at school and already he was the pinnacle of people’s ridicule.



The bell suddenly rang and Owen had to hurry to his first class. Coming into the class he immediately pulled out a folder containing his homework that he had to finish. Putting it onto the desk the teacher nodded while Owen took his seat near the door. He sighed as he looked towards the chalk board.



Suddenly something hit him from the back of his head and laughter could be heard. Owen sighed….it was going to be a long day.







MEANWHILE AT THE GRADY HOME





Frankie was more then ecstatic by the amount of cockroaches in this little box. He sniffed them out a while back and wanted them for himself. As he sniffed her also smelled the other animal there. Feathers fluffing out in warning he hissed at the only other occupant in the house.



Ruby the dog barked a few times but when Frankie puffed up she immediately backed away and hid. Frankie was not one to mess with as many would learn. The archeopteryx was more then happy to dig out the box and tear into the tasty cockroaches.



There was a sticky substance that held the cockroaches in place but that didn’t stop him from getting the fresh tasty ones. He just left the parts that were stuck onto the glue trap. Frankie then looked around for something else to occupy his time.







MEANWHILE





Richard came home and just as he walked up he felt that something was not right. Normally he would take his lunches at home to make sure the house was in one piece.



What he did not expect was his home to be nearly destroyed by one very excited Archeopteryx.



Frankie was busy chasing after a bug when Richard snatched the small insectivore out of the air. Frankie struggled as Richard held him and dragged him towards the cage in the living room.





The cage was thankfully intact but that was how Richard saw the hole.



Smart bastard, he thought as he opened the door and put Frankie back in. Taking another lock he made sure that all the areas were secured so Frankie could not get out. The smaller dinosaur tried to claw at Richard. But Richard was not amused, “ Really Frankie you little shit now I have to clean up after you,” he said and luckily for him the damage was not extensive. Only minor trash was around the house. Frankie it seems does not like the food that was put into the cage. Suits him looks like he would have to put live roaches into the cage next time.



As Richard went back to work Frankie waited till he was gone. Looking at his escape route he was annoyed that it was blocked. He fluttered around the cage clearly annoyed and screeched his annoyance. Ruffling his feathers he moved around climbing upon the cage walls. Clearly Frankie was annoyed at the cage and wanted out. Cocking his head at a rapid rate and looking around with his large eyes Frankie was not one to be denied.



He looked around further still till at last he saw something. Frankie is not highly intelligent for nothing!



Looking down he spotted a break in the door. The lock was clearly in place that much Frankie knew but no one told him about the seems in the side.



Or underneath….





OWEN





Owen was not having a good day. Already he turned in all his assignments but the insistence of David and his goons to pick on Owen was getting worse. He just wished they would stop bullying him.



Entering the cafeteria he went down the line to pick up his food. As soon as he got to his table he felt something splat on his face. The amount of laughter that came from it was tremendous.



“Hey Owen just ignore them,” said the voice in front of him.



Owen just smiled forcefully at one of his few good friends. Norman Wilks is a large kid just like Owen. He currently is stuffing his face with food that not only came from the cafeteria, but food he snuck in from home. Pastries and candies of all sorts were stuffed into his bag. Owen and two of his other friends also gagged at the sight of their friend stuffing his face.



Owen looked down at his meager portions. Bread, potatoes, veggies were all on the plate along with a carton of milk and some fruit. Sighing Owen stared at his plate but not before something else hit it.



The people across were laughing at him and Owen glared before going back to what was his plate. Looking down he realized that his plate was ruined with whatever stuff they shot him with. Getting up he went to throw out his plate and realized that his clothes smelled.



The others in the lunch line quickly moved away from him as he walked towards the bathroom.



“Hey Owen you alright?” Norman said as he came in. Owen sighed as he looked himself in the mirror.



“Why do they always pick on me Norman?” he asked his large friend.



“I don’t know Owen. If it makes you feel better last week Friday Mathias and Brock shoved me into the lockers in the gym. They then put ants into my pants and left me there.” Norman said.



“How the fuck did they get you into the locker?” asked Owen.



“A lot of work trust me you can ask Coach Ryan if you don’t believe me,” Norman replied.



“Owen are you alright?” said another voice this one belonging to a girl and she spoke from the door.



“He’s alright Amanda just shaken from that crap,” he said.



“Yeah luckily I had extra clothes inside my locker,” Owen replied.



“Yeah bet your parents are not going to like that one,” Norman said to him.



“Yeah,” Owen said as he once again went back out into the school hallway with his friends. Two of which were guarding the door to the boy’s bathroom. The bell rang signaling the end of lunch which meant that they had to go back to class. Owen was stuck going to gym glass his least favorite.



What I would give to see the looks on their faces when they meet my friends, Owen thought to himself as he entered the locker rooms. It was at that thought that he missed Dr. Grant’s influence. Last he heard he was still on Isla Sorna helping out the dinosaurs there.




I hope he is ok, Owen thought to himself as he changed and walked out.







A FEW HOURS LATER





The van pulled up into the Grady’s home and Owen stepped out with Maria. His little sister was coughing and that meant that she was sick again. Jessica insisted that Owen go into the house while she put his sister to bed. The five year old was coughing quite a lot and Owen hopes that the events of the past few weeks hadn’t given her a cold.



As he gotten into the house he stopped in his tracks.



“MOM!” he shouted.



TWO HOURS LATER





Frankie was sitting on top of his cage and he was looking rather smug. The archeopteryx was busy eating a moth that he had caught flying around in the house. Owen, Jessica and Richard did not look happy.



“Now I know why Alan calls him ‘Little Shit,’” Richard stated.



“Dear we all knew the risks when we brought him here. We can’t take him out it would be a disaster,” Jessica said.



“I know without the rest of his family to keep this little shit in line….oh God help us,” Richard stated.



“I think...forget it he obviously doesn’t like the cage,” Jessica said.



“It is too small for him,” Owen stated.



“What do you mean sweetie?” asked Jessica.



“Dr. Grant once told me that Frankie likes to wonder around he is highly intelligent so we need to treat him like a very smart bird,” Owen replied.



“Raven proof?” Richard said to Jessica.



“Raven proof,” Jessica replied.





LATER THAT NIGHT





Frankie was sleeping on Owen’s bed while Owen was busy doing his homework. The soft snores of the small dinosaur were enough to sooth Owen of his troubled day at school. The door quietly opened to see Richard there at the door. Ruby was sleeping in her bed which for Richard was a huge thing. He spotted Owen listening to his headphones pencil scraping away at his homework.



“Owen is everything alright?” he asked his son.



“It’s fine dad what’s up?” Owen asked Richard as the older Grady walked into the room. He put down his headphones so he and his father could talk.



“I saw that you wore different clothes when we picked you up. Care to explain what happened to your original clothes?” Richard said.



Owen sighed as he put his pencil down and fully turned to his father, “Look I gotten food all over my clothes its no big deal,” Owen tried to downgrade it but Richard is not convinced.



“Owen is there something you are not telling me?” he asked.



“Nothing is wrong dad I’m fine I swear it!” Owen said.



Richard is not convinced as he walked out but not before ruffling Owen’s head, “You know we love you and we only want what’s best for you right?” he said.



“Yes dad,” Owen replied.



“Good night son remember bed time is at ten don’t forget that,” Richard stated as he left watching Owen put back on his headphones.



As he walked out he spotted Jessica cleaning up the kitchen. Well out of earshot of Owen since his son was busy listening to music.



“How is he?” Jessica stated.



“Not well, he lied to my face Jess. I think he is dealing with bullies and that can’t be a good thing,” Richard replied.



“How do you know that?” Jessica asked.



“I grew up in a drug family remember? I know the signs of drug use. In this case it is bullying I can tell and he needs to do something about it,” Richard replied.



“What can he do? Does he even see the guidance councilor?” Jessica said.



“I don’t know, the school hasn’t said anything.” Richard replied.



Jessica huffed, “If they can’t recognize a sign of bullying then I will have to give them a call. He has been like this before we left and when we came back. It is as if someone is picking on my son and if that were the case I will have to talk to their parents!” Richard had to agree with his wife. Owen has been bullied ever since he started middle school. Whoever is bullying him made sure he stayed quiet. It is not like their son to refuse talking to his parents.



Richard then hugged his wife and held her, “No matter what happens we will get through this for his sake,” he said and kissing her cheek. Jessica put her hands over his but her expression is still one of worry.



THREE DAYS LATER







Owen walked through the hallways of school once again. His friends greeted him at the door to the school building.



“Hey Owen did you finish Mr. Salinski’s science report?” asked Norman.



Owen shrugged before handing him the assignment. Norman does his own homework but the two boys are often seen comparing notes.



That is until someone came and took those notes.



“Hey!” Owen shouted at another boy whom he had known in his own class as one of David’s friends.



“Thanks for the notes Grady I am sure they will come in handy!” he said laughing and walking away. Owen stamped his food and was going to go after him. But Norman got in the way.



“Let it go man!” he said and Owen shrugged him off wanting to hit him. Only for the bully to push someone else down before walking off laughing.



“Hey fat shit enjoying the winter days,” said a voice and Owen wanted to strangle David for his insistent bullying. He was going to rush him when Norman once again held him back.



“Let’s go before we are late,” he said to Owen.



Both large boys rushed towards their class just as the bell was about to ring.







MEANWHILE





Frankie was once again in his cage. This time the cage was a lot stronger then normal.



And he was in the attic where he won’t be destroying the house. Luckily there were plenty of live bugs for him to munch on. Seeing this Frankie made a habit of using his claws to bait the floor for cockroaches. Sticking his talons out he managed to catch insects that came crawling in.



however right now he was no longer hungry. In fact he ate a rather tasty black spider that made its way towards his cage. Looking down he spotted the corner of the cage.



And an opportunity.



Frankie had one really good talent and that was an escape artist. With years of practice he flew down to the bottom of the cage. Studying the edges he came to realize something and with that he flew up towards his door. Slowly he reached out a claw and began to pick at the nail that held the lock to his cage.





MEANWHILE





“Mr. Grady I’m sorry but I will have to fail you for your assignment.” Owen’s Math Teacher said to him as he looked down at his desk. His mind seethed as his teacher reminded him of his, ‘lack of adequate work,’ while at the same time praising the boys behind him.



Owen had been a very bright kid and enjoyed passing all his tests. However his assignments and his test scores had dropped in the years due to being ‘caught’ cheating on his test. In actuality Owen was trying to prevent his test from being seen by anyone who was not Norman.



Norman also had similar problems as he could not turn in his homework. On the other hand the very person who had stolen his homework was getting straight A’s in class. Owen was not happy at all. He looked down at his paper for his parents and sighed. He had done all of his homework and even his dad knew but….



He turned his head towards the paper in front of him and looked down glumly.







GRADY HOME





After nearly an hour the nail fell and the door opened slowly.



Frankie cocked his head looking out of his cage. Flapping his wings to the edge of the door he looked around before ticking his tail. Leaping down he looking around sniffing at the dusty attic. Sniffing around still he came to the door.



The door would not move since the Grady’s locked it but Frankie was clever. He flew around the room looking for a way down into the main house again.



It was then that he noticed the window and the faint sunlight pouring in from outside.



There!



He went there and found the latch for the window. It was just like the latches on some of the windows he had seen before. Using his snout he gently nudged the latch. Not getting a good angle he climbed onto the side of the window onto some boxes. Chittering to himself he cocked his head before looking down.



There was some brown spots on the otherwise polished metal. When Frankie nudged it again it moved a little just not a lot. Frankie nudged it again a little harder till it finally came out. The latch fell and the window swung open. That left Frankie staring into the landscape beyond the house. Flying out to a nearby tree he cocked his head around to see the neighborhood beyond.



Ticking his tail he looked around to see if he could spot anything of interest. There was a bit of land to cover as he flew around the neighborhood. There were a few houses which to Frankie was one too many. The ranch he lived on had no-one for miles, but this one was smaller. He knew the Grady’s home by heart since he had been here before with the others.



Now there is only he and Frankie was adamant about looking around for anything or anyone familiar. Flying around he looked around the neighborhood that he knew and then looked around for Owen since he always has the treats.





OWEN





It was first recess and Owen sat there looking glumly at his folder. He would have to do some extra credit to make up for the bad grade on his homework. As he was working someone bumped into him.



“Hey Grady thanks for the notes,” the boy said and Owen glared.



“Ah look the fat kid is angry. Hey Grady why don’t you share some of your science homework with us. I am sure Mr. Lawson will enjoy the theories of dinosaurs that we have,” the boy laughed.



Owen flipped him off when his back was turned.



“Ignore him Owen he is nothing but a bully,” said one of Owen’s few female friends Kylie Macerson. She sat across from both boys her braids were pronounced as she wrote down a few notes. Her dark skin and hazel eyes shown beneath a pair of glasses. She then took a few more notes down before closing her book.





“How can I ignore him when he takes my notes and my homework and copies it to turn in. Then I find my stuff in the trash shredded,” Owen complained.



“We know Owen we just can’t do anything about it,” said Norman.



Owen huffed as he sat down. Looking at his book he would do anything to go back to Isla Nublar. Even though there is danger there at least the danger was something he could deal with. Plus he misses the dinosaurs.



“Hey Owen what are you thinking about?” asked Kylie.



“I was just thinking about the bird that we have to take care of,” Owen said.



“Oh you have a bird?” Kylie said.



“Yeah we are watching him for a friend of the family. He is away for a bit because his house burned down but my mother told him we would take care of his bird while he was gone,” Owen lied.



“Cool what kind of bird is it?” Norman asked.



Owen squirmed not knowing how to describe Frankie, “Well it is hard to describe because the name of his species is hard to pronounce.”



“Is it a Macaw? Or a parrot of any sort?” asked Norman.



“No, he is not a parrot,” Owen replied.



“So he is an exotic bird then?” Kylie asked.



“Yeah, you could say that, he likes to get out of the cage and is very smart. In fact yesterday he figured out how to get out of his cage and destroy our house,” Owen said figuring the get off the subject while they had the time. He looked down at his watch and noticed that they had about ten minutes left till recess is over.



“Wow! He destroyed your house!” said Kylie.



“Yeah it took us till dinner to clean up the mess. Ruby my dog is terrified of him and when he is in the room she hides. That is because when we brought him home she tried to get into his carrier and he bit her,” Owen explains.



“Oh my God he sounds like a handful,” said Norman.



“Oh when we went to get him he had stolen our friends cigarettes while they were lit and nearly lit the house on fire. Our family friend lives in Montana and well that is how his house burned down. One of his buddies came over unannounced so he could not put him away. Then when the bird stolen the cigarette he lit the house on fire. That was not fun and until he can get his house fixed up the bird stays with us.” Owen said.



“Does this bird have a name?” asked Kylie.



“Frankie,” Owen replied.



Just as he said it the bell rang meaning that their ten minutes is up. Getting up the three friends said their farewells before going their separate ways.





FRANKIE





Frankie had flown quite a bit and was tired. When he landed on a light post he looked around his new territory. The street that took him to the main town was a long one. Frankie knew what it was when he saw it. The Grady’s live a ways from the main town and so he was more then happy to follow it. Hopefully he can find someone to feed him.





OWEN



Owen looked at the track field with disdain. He hates track but he has to participate in it just like everyone else. Sighing he started to warm up like everyone else.



It was only when he bent over to touch his toes during warm ups that he felt himself falling. It was because someone had kicked him in the backside.



They all started laughing when his face hit the gravel and a whistle was blown.



“Marks! Do that again and you will be serving time in detention. Grady pick yourself up let’s go people!” The coach shouted as he blew the whistle again.



Owen picked himself up once again and started to run. The others laughed as he was the one lagging behind. Even after all that time running from dinosaurs Owen still was dead last.





FRANKIE





Frankie flew around the streets going to the nearest street light to rest. He started to preen himself as he rested. As he sat there resting without a care in the world he was unaware of people pointing.



“What a pretty bird!” someone said down below.



Frankie ruffled his feathers before looking down and spotting a couple of old ladies there. They were uninteresting but they still pointed up at him. Lifting his tail he let something foul go before flying off. Unknowingly it landed on one of the ladies and caused them to curse.



He was later flying around another building which was marked BLOCKBUSTER. There Frankie saw something that he was interested in. Sure enough what he spotted was something he saw back home.



STAR WARS! He knows Star Wars.



Landing on a bush near the window he looked at the poster there. Just as he was looking he saw something in the reflection. A shadow loomed over him. Suddenly without thinking he flew away from the person trying to catch him. All he heard as he flew was a crash into the window as he made himself scarce in the trees.







OWEN





Owen had run at least three laps before collapsing on the ground. The poor boy was breathing so hard that he was hyperventilating. The coach quickly ran up to him to help him onto a bench.



“Are you ok Grady?” he asked.



Owen was too busy trying to breath before he could nod. His body was covered in sweat as the coach handed him a bottle of water. His face was red and he drank a good portion of it before dumping the rest all over him. The indoor gym was hot and with it brought sweat. Owen hates the indoor heating for it smelled of rust and it made the air stuffy. He prefers the outdoors to this! As he sat there a group of boys from his group came up to him and stolen another one of his water bottles.



In fact they had stolen all of it before walking away laughing.





FRANKIE



By now the cold temperatures of the outdoors was starting to get to Frankie. The Archeopteryx is not built for the cold unlike Rosco, Nico, Sarah and Tank. He and Spitz were the only two who is not built for cold weather and would often times stay inside Alan’s house. The good thing about the house is that it is large enough for Frankie to play in. It even has things for Frankie to do the keep him out of trouble.



The Gradys did not have that luxury.



As the cold winds start to blow Frankie was forced to land on a large building. It radiated some warmth from the steam vents coming from its roof. However Frankie needed to find someplace warm fast. Turning he spotted the vents but the spinning tops were not an ideal place to get warm.



He has to find an alternative.



Suddenly the wind shifts and Frankie smelled something familiar. Taking a sniff he ruffled his feathers at the scent trying to determine what it was.



It was then that one of the steam vents blew steam in his direction. And then the scent became clear as day.



OWEN!



He knew Owen’s scent well enough. Ruffling his feathers to clear it of snow Frankie went around to see if he could find Owen. Perhaps he has a tasty treat for him. Frankie then flew down to a nearby tree to see if he could find a way in. Looking around he spotted a door at the bottom of the large building. Flying down he looked around before inspecting the door.



The door seems to be an easy one for Frankie to open. The latch was one of those he could hop onto to open it so he leaped onto the latch hoping to turn it.



As he turned it the door opened and Frankie landed on the ground before entering the building.





OWEN





Gym class was horrible! Owen was stuck dealing with all sorts of troubles. First it was the bad warm up session. Then his pants ripped when playing dodge ball, and lastly his gym teacher tried to help but Owen was just too embarrassed to leave the gym.



He was handed another pair of shorts by his teacher and told to play with some of the other kids. But he was just too embarrassed!



He stayed on the bleachers while the other kids played. It was getting too much! Suddenly something slammed into his head causing some of the older kids to laugh.



“Hey are you alright?” asked a voice.



Owen looked up to see one of the older jocks standing holding the ball in his hand.



“Yeah,” Owen said glumly.



The boy in question threw the ball back at the others before sitting down next to Owen. “Hey man you’re the one that tore his pants right?” he said.



“What of it?” Owen asked clearly ashamed to be asked that question.



“Look, I saw what they did they should not have done that to you,” the old boy said to him.



“Yeah, I get that a lot,” Owen replied his voice sounded quaky like he was about to start crying.



“Hey if you want you can hang with us till the end of class,” the boy said.



Owen looked up at him. The boy was tall and well built with curly dirty blonde hair that went down to his shoulders. His tanned skin made him look as if he was something out of a movie. Owen was of course envious of the guy since he is probably the most popular kid in school.



“Sure,” Owen said to himself.



“Cool, I’m Matt,” the boy said offering his hand.



“Owen,” Owen replied and took Matt’s hand in a firm handshake.





FRANKIE







A fluttering of wings led Frankie into the building. His clawed feet landed on top of a group of lockers in the long stretch of hallway. He was curious as he looked down the long tunnels. Cocking his head this way and that the archeopteryx could see a group of windows on one side of the hallway.



Flying closer he peered into the window and spotted several people there many of which had their heads down. Frankie became uninterested as he landed on the ground and began to sniff about the hallway.



Suddenly he could hear a door click shut and he spun his head.



A strange man was there looking at the door with interest. Frankie quickly scurried across the hallway looking for a place to hide. Spotting one he hit behind several smelly barrels. As he looked the man walked past a jingling sound could be heard. Cocking his head to the side he listened to the sound disappear around a corner. When he was gone he quickly scurried down the hallway towards another destination.







LATER





What Frankie found was something of interest to him. There in the middle of the wall was several shinny objects. But those objects where in a glass case. Alan has those back at his home in Montana. Even the Grady’s have it behind glass.



But here the objects are extra shinny and extra large.



Suddenly a loud ringing sound could be heard which was deafening to Frankie’s ears and the Archeopteryx was instantly in the air. He flapped his wings in a panic as hundreds of human voices could be heard. He managed to fly up some stairways just before the students could pour down and landed upside down on the roof.



The scent of human was overpowering in the enclosed hallways and Frankie was nearly overtaken by it. But the little dinosaur managed to find a spot for himself to hide just above the lockers. As he looked around he spotted a place he could hide.



It was here that he found one of the rooms he saw the humans in. Flying in he spotted some strange animals that look like birds. Cocking his head he bobbed it once or twice before climbing up to where they were. The voices were still loud but no one spotted Frankie. He was really good at hiding.









OWEN





The bell marked the end of gym class leaving Owen happy to get out of there. As he made his way out students from all around packed the aisle leaving him cramped. But it was normal for a high school. His next class was History which made Owen groan. He loves history that much he knew considering he shares his house with a real live dinosaur. But this class was American History something he was dreading.



As he stepped into the classroom everyone was waiting for the teacher. It did not take him long to enter and begin taking roll. A sneeze was heard and several people started laughing. Owen then spotted the reason why he is dreading American History. There not far from his seat was none other then David himself. The older boy was laughing as he was throwing dust at some nerdy boy. Groaning Owen was just dreading the moment when his life would be hell again.



“Alright class who can tell me the names of some of the Native tribes that lived just off our coast?” he said and several hands went up.



Owen’s mind started to wonder as he looked around at all the decorations in the class room. He spotted his favorite which was none other then the display of birds near the window. There were all sorts of bird here and the reason why they are in a history classroom was unknown but Owen liked the display enough. As he looked there were all sorts of birds on it. Eagles, turkeys, crows anything to do with American culture hell there was even a parrot on it…...wait a minute!



Owen’s eyes turned towards the one display that stood out from the rest. His eyes widened at the sight of a brightly colored bird...or dinosaur in the middle of the display. It was standing very still its eye not moving.



But then the unexpected happened.





It moved!



Owen’s eyes started to panic when he realized just exactly what the statue was, Frankie.



Oh no!





TBC



Notes:

Well I am going to cut it short for this reason but this is part one of a two part chapter. It was really fun to do and I let you figure the kind of mayhem that Frankie has for everyone. Until next time no FLAMES, LORE MONGERS OR BASHINGS PLEASE THANKS

Chapter 31: Prehysteria Part 2

Summary:

Just some crazy antics with Frankie the Archeopteryx.

Notes:

The idea came up when I was watching prehysteria and surprisingly enough The Lost World Jurassic Park. It was fun to watch it again after all these years and an inspiration to write. Now this chapter was inspired by the Gremlins and Lilo and Stitch and all I have to say is Owen is in a LOT of trouble.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

JUST OUTSIDE OF SEATLE

 

 

 

Oh no! Was the thoughts that raced through Owen’s mind as he stared at the Archeopteryx that was hiding among the display of birds. The said dinosaur’s rapid eye movements were the only sign that Frankie was not a display. Cocking his head a bit Owen locked eyes with the little ball of terror.

 

And he wished he hadn’t.

 

While the teacher was talking Frankie cocked his head in his direction. The other students didn’t notice the presence of the small dinosaur because their focus was on the teacher. However Owen did and he was very nervous.

 

“Is there something interesting about my display Mr. Grady?” a voice said and Owen quickly changed his view to his now annoyed teacher.

 

“Um nothing sir,” Owen said sounding nervous.

 

“You seem as if you’ve seen a ghost tell me at the battle of Gettysburg how many men did the South lose?” he asked Owen.

 

“Um….,” Owen knew the answer but his focus was not on him but on the slowly moving figure that was coming up behind him.

 

“Mr. Grady is there something you are not telling me?” the teacher asked.

 

“Nothing!” Owen said back to him his voice squeaked, but his face betrayed his emotions. The teacher gave him a skeptical look before turning towards the other occupants in the room.

 

“Megan can you please tell everyone how many men died at the Battle of Gettysburg on the Confederate side?” the teacher asked.

 

The girl, Megan, was a blonde girl with dark brown eyes and her hair up in a wild hairdo. It was like those of the eighties which was a few years ago. She blew out a bubble from her mouth before answering, “28,000 men sir roughly the records were not clear but the casualties were high. All together both armies lost a total of 51,000 soldiers.” she said before going back to filing her nails.

 

“Thank you Megan and please spit out your gum and put that file away,” he said to her.

 

Megan made a face before she went to spit out her gum. The rest of the class was now focused on Owen and the history teacher.

 

“Now Mr. Grady I expect you to know the answer. I had high expectations for you. Perhaps you did not pay as much attention to your assignment as you should. Or maybe this class is a big joke is that it?” The teacher said.

 

“No sir,” Owen tried to explain.

 

The teacher was a large Caucasian man with a large bald spot at the top of his head. However he wore a small wig that did not exactly match his head. For starters instead of being neatly combed it looked like a bird’s nest….or a giant spider.

 

Oh shit! Owen thought realizing far too late why Frankie was eyeing the taupe.

 

Well then Mr. Grady you have not answered the question,” he said.

 

“Um….you see….,” He tried to explain.

 

“What the fuck is that?” someone said finally noticing Frankie.

 

The teacher turned just as Frankie lunged for him and the teacher ducked. But that did not stop the dinosaur from flapping his wings and banking to come at him again. The man ducked again before trying to swat at Frankie. The smaller dinosaur tried to get at him again as he ducked and weaved.

 

Your wig! Throw away your wig!” Owen shouted over the screaming of the other students. Many of them scrambling for cover as Frankie came at him again.

 

What the……?” they said and suddenly one of the girls started screaming when Frankie landed on the globe and the large orb started to spin. Other students started to scream when Frankie opened is mouth and came at another boy this one with bugs on his shirt. Ducking under the table he was followed by many others as they raced to get out of the classroom.

 

What is that thing!” someone else shouted as they ran.

 

“What is going on here?” a voice said from the hallway as the Principal opened the door.

 

“Don’t!” Owen warned, but it was too late.

 

Frankie raced towards him wings flapping and mouth opened wide. The principal screamed as he fell backwards. Owen rushed out of the classroom following the panicking students.

 

“Frankie!” he shouted.

 

But the dinosaur ignored him and flew out of the room on the hunt for bugs. Racing out Owen looked around before shouting for Frankie again. He could not hear over the shouting and screaming of his fellow students before a noise alerted him to trouble.

 

It was also followed by a girl’s scream.

 

 

Owen quickly ran around the corner only to confront a girl with butterfl y pins in her hair and Frankie attacking her. She was trying to fight him off but the archeopteryx is not having it as he gotten himself entangled into her hair.

 

“Hey wait don’t fight him it will only make it worse!” Owen said as he quickly rushed to her.

 

The girl however was too scared to do anything but scream and try to fight the thing off. He quickly rushed to her and tried to help but she slapped him on accident. Her long fingernails raked his face causing it to bleed.

 

Hey will you stop! It will only get worse!” Owen replied and grabbed her hands. Stopping her from swatting at Frankie and from hurting herself further with being bitten.

 

Frankie pulled on her hair while he held her hands still. Shocked she stood there staring at him as he let go and reached to grab b ed Frankie. The Arche opteryx tried to bite him but Owen held on as he untangled Frankie from the girl’s hair. The girl screamed as Frankie held on and Owen had to use his other hand after holding Frankie with his arm to untangle her hair. When Frankie let go he struggled with getting at the girl again.

 

It was then that Owen realized why he was attacking the girl.

 

“Your hair pins! Take them off,” he said.

 

“What? Why?” the girl said as she stared at him and then looked down at Frankie.

 

Backing away in fear she looked down at him, “What...is...that thing?” she said between gasps.

 


“I will explain later but take off your hair pins he is after your hair pins!” Owen said.

 

She reached up and felt her now ruined hair pins, “That little shit ruined my hair pins!” she said and tried to slap Owen but Frankie broke free and bit her hand.

 

“Owwww!” she screamed as he raised his wings and hissed at her.

 

“That….that is not a bird!” she realized why Owen was holding Frankie.

 

Frankie hissed at her with his teeth showing. The girl looked down and luckily her many rings saved her hand from being badly bitten. But his sharp teeth still left a few puncture wounds.

 

“Come on let’s get that looked at,” Owen said to her.

 


“No way keep that damn thing away from me!” the girl said and ran away.

 

When she was gone Frankie looked up at Owen his large eyes were innocent in their appearance.

 

“Don’t give me that look you little shit you caused enough trouble as it is,” Owen said and just as he said it he heard voices coming down the hallway. Thinking quickly he grabbed Frankie once again before hiding in a nearby corner. As he hid with his hand firmly on Frankie’s snout.

 

Just as he said the voices of the principal and several teachers could be heard, “I saw it sir a fat boy was holding that thing!” it was the same girl from before.

 

Owen could hear Frankie growling from under his hand. It was with luck that the classroom he came out of is nearby. Looking through the window he spotted his bag on the seat still. Breathing a sigh of relief he quickly held onto Frankie as he made his way into the classroom.

 

Grabbing his bag he quickly stuffed a protesting Frankie in there.

 


“You are in a lot of trouble you little shit! Get in there and stay in there!” he said.

 

“Mr. Grady what do you have in the bag?” a voice said and Owen froze as he slowly turned his head to face none other then the teacher.

 

“Um Mr. Camble nice to see you,” Owen said sheepishly.

 

What is in the bag Mr. Grady?” Mr. Camble said to Owen.

 

The boy held the bag as Frankie started to move, “Nothing sir,” Owen replied.

 

“Give me the bag Mr. Grady now,” he said.

 

“I can’t,” Owen said as he held onto the bag.

 

“Why not?” Mr. Camble said.

 

“Because….” Owen tried but his mind was empty of excuses.

 

Now Mr. Grady,” Mr. Camble said and as soon as Owen reluctantly handed the bag over to the teacher he braced for the worst.

 

Mr. Camble looked down at the bag and proceeded to open it. Then suddenly a clawed hand reached out and opened the zipper revealing a very annoyed and very angry Frankie. Shocked and surprised Mr. Camble backed away when Frankie hissed then leaped for his face.

 

Only for Owen to grab him and pull him back before he could do some real damage. Frankie snapped at him and tried to get at him again only for Owen to hold him.

 

“Frankie stop its alright!” he said holding the archeopteryx. Frankie hissed at him with mouth wide and showing all of his teeth.

 

“Owen what is that thing!” he said pointing to Frankie.

 

Um...he is the reason why I did not want you to take my bag. I just caught him and I don’t know how he got out of his cage...wait on second thought I don’t want to know how he got out of his cage. My parents told me the cage was raven proof not dino proof,” Owen replied.

 

Young man are you telling me this thing was in a cage when you are here?” Mr. Camble said.

 

“Yes sir, mom and dad locked him up so he don’t destroy our house,” Owen said.

 

“Really? I sure say that he is an interesting bird-thing um what is he exactly,” Mr. Camble said to Owen.

 

“Um well….you will not believe me if I told you,” Owen replied.

 

Frankie replied with a hiss to Mr. Camble, and it was followed by a low growl with teeth still bared. It was then that Owen finally noticed why Frankie was growling.

 


“Um, Mr. Camble do you smoke?” Owen asked.

 

“Yes, I do on my breaks is that what’s bothering him or it?” Mr. Camble said to Owen looking at Frankie further but pulled away when he tried to bite his nose.

 

“Yes, he does not like the smell of cigarettes a family friend of ours is a chain smoker and Frankie always steals his cigarettes when he smokes.” Owen replied.

 

Mr. Camble reached in and took out the pack of cigarettes and showed them to Frankie. In the blink of an eye Frankie took the pack in his mouth and proceeded to snap at the pack. Then breaking out of Owen’s hold he tore the pack to shreds leaving nothing but paper and cotton all over the ground. The sounds of his growling was enough to cause Mr. Camble to look in surprise when he was done.

 

“If you have any strong cologne you might want to wipe it off too. And I better find some bugs to feed him because if that girl was anything then Frankie is getting hungry,” Owen replied.

 

You could ask Mr. Bridger for some crickets he feeds them to his chameleon. Um you still did not tell me what exactly is...Frankie you said his name was?” Mr. Camble asked.

 

“Yes sir and he is a dinosaur,” with that Owen called for Frankie to follow him. The Archeopteryx flew to Owen’s bag and climbed inside. Owen disappeared out the door right when he heard Mr. Camble.

 

 

He is a WHAT!

 

 

 

Owen raced down the now empty hallway and just as he was getting towards the science class the bell rang. Frankie screeched in fear as he hid in the bag. Just then students started pouring out of the classrooms and going down the hallway. Owen took this time to walk down the long hallway with Frankie occasionally poking his head out the bag.

 

Hey Grady what happened back there!” a voice said and Owen turned to find none other then his friend Norman. Norman was breathing heavily as he was gasping for air. His overweight body rippling under each breath.

 

“What do you mean?” Owen said equally out of breath.

 

“I mean everyone ran out of Mr. Camble’s history class like a monster went nuts in there?” Norman said and Owen cursed. He just remembered that Norman was in the class next door.

 

“Sorry my...pet somehow got out and paid me a visit,” Owen said.

 

“You mean Ruby got out….wait not Ruby or else she would be beside you. It’s that bird isn’t it? The one you are watching for your friend?” Norman replied.

 

“Yes, the same one,” Owen replied and as if on cue his bag started to move.

 

Um Owen?” Norman said and pointed to his bag.

 

“Oh yeah, I put Frankie in here so he doesn’t cause anymore havoc,” Owen replied.

 

Yeah, so why isn’t Frankie making any noise? I mean normally birds make a lot of noise?” Norman said out loud.

 

Not all birds make noise Norman and Frankie….well he is not a normal bird,” Owen replied.

 

“Really?” Norman said and it was then that they noticed the lack of students.

 

“Shit, we better get to class before we get in trouble,” Owen said and both boys quickly ran into the science classroom where their next class was going to be. And unfortunately for them it was biology class a class they shared with a familiar group of people.

 

As they sat down Owen dreaded his assigned seat it was just in front of a familiar group of bullies that had been the bane of his existence. David and his friends sat there laughing as Owen and Norman both took a seat next to each other. The science teacher then entered the room his posture looked to be a bit stressed probably due to the man wanting to not help the principal try to find the perpetrators that caused the latest school uproar.

 

Thankfully the bell rang indicating that class was once again in session.

 

“Alright class we will be discussing the Mesozoic Era in our assignments. Can someone tell me what we discussed yesterday about the climate and how the Earth was shifted….Lisa why don’t you tell us a bit about it?” the teacher Mr. Bridger say.

 

Lisa Miller blew out a bubble from her chewing gum. Her blonde hair stood out in a classic rock style. Owen rolled his eyes when her painted lips and black dusted eyes gave a bored look.

 

“I don’t know cavemen live in caves and created fire from that time period,” Lisa said and the whole class started laughing.

 

“Ms. Miller did you even pay attention to the assignment yesterday?” Mr. Bridger said to her.

 

“I can’t seem to remember Mr. Bridger,” she said in reply trying to give an innocent look.

 

“Ok how about you Norman why don’t you answer our question of the day?” Mr. Bridger said to him.

 

“Um we were studying the Jurassic Period sir and how the earth changed during the time of the dinosaurs.” Norman said.

 

“Very good,” Mr. Bridger said before proceeding to write on the chalk board. Much to the whispering of people calling Norman a ‘Nerd’ and a ‘Teacher’s Pet’.

 

Owen looked down at his bag making sure that Frankie stayed put. The two large glowing eyes of the archeopteryx were enough to let him know that the dinosaur for the moment was staying put.

 

But as he turned his head to pay attention to the teacher Frankie looked outside of the bag. His large eyes looked around the room and seeing the new people. Pointing his nose out he took in the many scents that lingered in the room. A very noxious odor seemed to take to his nostrils as he looked behind him. A very large boy sat behind Owen and he proceeded to throw things at him. Frankie cocked his head and proceeded to peek outside of the bag. Luckily for him the bag was on the floor where no one can see him.

 

Poking his head out further Frankie eyed the boy behind Owen and made a growling noise. It was barely heard considering the sound of the chalk hitting the chalk board and the chatting of a number of students. Frankie looked around to see if there was anything he could eat. After all he is still hungry.

 

As he looked around he took a look at the large male and his friends once more. One of them seemed to be passing something to the large one. Frankie’s sharp eyes zoomed in and his mouth began to water.

 

There in the boy’s hand was a very large, very fat spider. Frankie was very hungry and the sight of that spider was enough to make him want to bite into it.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Owen was growing worried the feeling of dread had never left him as he stared at Mr. Bridger’s back. He was busy taking down notes and trying to concentrate on studying. Norman was doing the same, but he kept eyeing Owen’s bag as if whatever was inside was going to break out. The tension was thick as the two boys tried to concentrate. But Owen still could not shake the feeling of d oom .

 

Then he turned around to face David…

 

Only to see the enormous spider he held in his hand. Owen saw its wiggling form coming directly at him. And it was only when the girl next to him screamed in fear did he start to move.

 

“What is...Mr. Gregson what is the meaning….PUT THAT THING AWAY NOW!” Mr. Bridger said noticing that David had taken the tarantula that he had kept out of his aquarium and was about to put it in Owen’s shirt.

 

“But Mr. Bridger it’s just a spider!” David said innocently.

 

“Mr. Gregson you will put that spider back this instant and detention for you,” he said.

 

“Sure thing Mr. Bridger,” David said as he got up to put the spider away. But he faked a fall and tossed the spider right at Owen.

 

Owen’s eyes went wide at the spider as it spreads its le g s and its fangs extend. Just as the spider was about to bite Owen a flash of feathers and teeth came from below and bit into the spider. Then doing a back flip Frankie landed on the floor with the spider in his mouth.

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!” David shouted when he watched Frankie land on his feet and proceeded to bash the spider till it fell to pieces. When it landed in more pieces then he could count Frankie then ate the spider. Making sure to shake out all the hair from the spider before swallowing it.

 

 

Then he turned his attention to David.

 

That is the ugliest parrot I have ever seen!” someone else said.

 

Frankie hissed at David showing his teeth and claws. His feathers were puffed out and his wings were extended making him look bigger. David and his gang backed in fear.

 

Owen saw Frankie hiss at David with teeth fully showing. His long tail fully raised in a threatening manner and claws flexing showing off his flight prowess. Then Owen smiled at the comments the other students made as they backed away.

 

“Grady this is your doing isn’t it!?” David shouted at Owen as Frankie charged and the bullies raced away towards the wall.

 

Then David grabbed the nearest thing which was another student’s baseball bat. Frankie screeched at him again not giving into the threat. He then leaped onto the desk his small size made for quite the threatening appearance. His enraged shriek was heard through the classroom. Then Frankie charged with David trying to hit him. His goons dove for cover as Frankie flew around David while he tried to swing at him with his bat. The other students quickly dodged for cover. More so from David’s wild swinging then from Frankie’s flying.

 

The archeopteryx easily flew around David having dealt with guns and mercenaries for the past few weeks. Some of the larger goons tried to catch Frankie but they had gotten bitten and badly scratched. When David went for Owen in a fit of rage Frankie bit into him just before he could land a blow on Owen. Screaming in pain David backed away and tried to get Frankie off of him. The only thing saving David from Frankie’s claws was the thickness of his jersey jacket, but he was not safe from Frankie’s teeth. The small dinosaur bit into his fingers and hands.

 

This caused him to drop the bat onto his foot. Screaming in pain he yelled at Owen, “Call him off Grady! Call him off!”

 

“What is going on here!” a voice shouted and Owen turned to find the principal there along with the janitor and several teachers. Mr. Bridger tried to help David but Frankie bit at him too.

 

Owen had a smile on his face for a little bit while his classmates were leaning against the walls. Some ran out the door.

 

“GRADY YOU SON OF A BITCH I WILL KILL YOU! IT CALL IT OFF!” David shouted.

 

“Owen!” this time Owen turned to see Norman among the people backed against the wall near the window. Sighing Owen turned towards David.

 


“Apologize to me now David and to the people whom you had stolen homework from,” Owen said to him.

 

“Fuck you Grady!” was the reply as David tried to grab at Frankie but the dinosaur only shot poo right in his face. The caused many students to laugh at him.

 

“Apologize now!” Owen said.

 

Mr. Grady what is going on here! And what is that thing?” the principal said seeing Frankie attacking David.

 

“When I find you Grady I will pulverize you!” David shouted.

 

“You will apologize to me for stealing my homework since the beginning of the year, and to the other students you bullied. If not my friend will enjoy eating your flesh like how he enjoyed that spider you tried to shove in the back of my shirt!” Owen said.

 

“Is this true Mr. Gregson?” the principal said to him.

 

“He’s lying! he’s lying Mr. Rogers he lies!” David shouted to him.

 

Owen is telling the truth sir,” it was Norman who spoke up. He was clearly shaking when he said this.

 

Call that thing off Mr. Grady,” said Mr. Rogers.

 

Sighing Owen turned towards the screaming David, “Frankie come!” he said holding out a cricket that he snatched from Mr. Bridger’s box next to his chameleon.

 

Frankie released himself from David and flew towards Owen landing softly while snatching the bug from Owen’s hand. When he finally swallowed it he gave a burp and licked himself. David gotten up from his position on the floor where he fell. His face was scratched and bleeding and a thick dark and white smelly substance clung to his face.

 

“Mr. Gregson you will be escorted to the nurses office while you Mr. Grady will have a lot of explaining to do once this is over with.” The Principal Mr. Rogers said to him before pulling David up to be escorted to the health room all the while shouting curses at Owen. He was also followed by his goons. Owen stroked Frankie down as he ate his cricket. The other students finally got to see him for the first time.

 

“Owen what is he?” asked Mr. Bridger.

 

“Oh that is what I wanted to see you for before class sir. You see my feathered friend was hungry and I wanted to ask you for some of your crickets since you house the large ones,” Owen replied.

 

But Owen you still never told me what exactly is Frankie?” Norman said.

 

“Oh sorry,” Owen said as he gotten in front of the classroom. By now some of the students had restored order to the class while other students from other classrooms and those who were curious to watch looked at Owen as he proudly walked up to the front.

 

“I don’t know how he got out, but I should not have expected none the less from an archeopteryx.” Owen said.

 

“A what?” asked the same blonde girl who was questioned earlier by the teacher.

 

“Ok, where to start,” Owen said taking a breath.

 

“How about what is that monstrosity on your arm?” asked another boy this one was one of the nerdy boys that David also bullied.

 

“Well his name is Frankie and he’s...well….he’s a dinosaur,” Owen said.

 

Immediately the classroom was in an uproar which Frankie screeched out a warning quieting the whole room. When the room was silent once more then he began to preen.

 

“Owen that is not possible dinosaurs don’t have feathers,” said Norman.

 

“Grady you can’t be serious! Aren’t dinosaurs supposed to be...y’know bigger?” said another student.

 

“Aren’t dinosaurs supposed to be extinct?” a third student asked.

 

Owen smiled but someone was not smiling and that was the teacher. He leaned over towards Frankie who was busy preening. Frankie stopped when Mr. Bridger had gotten too close and took a swipe at him. Reacting quickly Mr. Bridger pulled back just in time before he could be mauled by Frankie’s sharp teeth or raked by his claws. The warning hiss was all he had gotten.

 

“Mr. Grady how is that possible dinosaurs have been extinct for more then sixty five million years!” the science teacher said baffled.

 

“Tell that to his owner who found him as an egg on his dig site in Montana along with his brothers and sisters,” Owen replied with a smile.

 

Just then the door opened once again and the principal entered he was not too pleased. “Mr. Grady do come with me,” he said his voice was not the slightest bit pleasant.

 

“Frankie come!” Owen said keeping Frankie in place by holding his bottom claws. The archeopteryx protested at first but he was carried away while they walked silently down the hall.

 

“Tell me Mr. Grady how did that creature end up here?” The Principal said when they entered his office. Owen sat down in the chair in front of him while the Principal sat down behind his desk.

 

“I don’t know how. My parents put him in a raven proof cage which is very hard to get out of. But...I am not surprised Frankie gotten out. After all we were warned that he was a master escape artist,” Owen replied.

 

“Who warned you?” asked the Principal.

 

“Dr. Grant his owner. We were watching him for Dr. Alan Grant while he is recovering from an injury in Costa Rica,” Owen replied. Frankie at this time then settled down on Owen’s shoulder and tucked himself in for a quick snooze. After leaving a very loud gas explosion from his rear end.

 

“So he escaped from his cage somehow and ended up here? How is that possible Mr. Grady,” the principal Mr. Rodgers said from behind his desk.

 

Owen sighed causing Frankie to stir from his perch and the archeopteryx gave off a cooing noise as he started to preen Owen. His soft chirping alerted the secretary whom came in to investigate. When she saw Frankie she was a little disturbed by the sight of him.

 

“I will explain later Mina,” Mr. Rodgers said to his secretary.

 

The secretary left to resume her work leaving Owen with the principal once more. He swallowed before he started to explain. “Well you see Frankie has a keen sense of smell sir he probably could smell me from my house. But the reason is why out in the cold? I don’t know why he was out in the cold sir since he don’t do so well in cold weather.”

 

“It is starting to snow outside once again and I don’t think anyone is going outside that is for sure. According to the weather report there is a blizzard coming in from the north.” Mr. Rodgers said.

 

Owen sighed, “How is David doing?” he asked.

 

“Other then having anger problems he confessed to taking the homework of other students, including yours. So I am not going to punish you for your, ‘pet’ being in the building Mr. Grady but what I am going to ask you is will you testify to his bullying. Now mind you his appearance before the board will not happen until he is fully recovered from his attack. His parents are not going to be happy about it.” Mr. Rodgers said looking at Owen square in the eye. His dark eyes catching Owen’s stormy gray blues.

 

“I’m sorry sir it won’t happen again,” Owen said.

 

“I’m sure it won’t but because you violated the no pets policy you are sentenced to detention along with several of his other culprits,” he said.

 

Owen gulped not liking this at all.

 

 

DETENTION

 

 

Owen scrubbed a nearby wall full of graffiti. It was in the girl’s locker room one of the rooms he was dreading. Beside him was the janitor as well as some of David’s friends. They were there watching Owen as if he were some sort of disease. Owen gulped as he continued to scrub the walls.

 

“Now you folks will keep scrubbing till the wall is clean understood?” the janitor said.

 

Owen really hated his life right now and just wished something would happen.

 

When he looked up the Janitor and David’s friends were gone.

 

Great just great, Owen thought.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

 

Frankie hated this cage for it was dark and there is nothing to do. He scratched and he clawed at the cage wanting to get out but it held.

 

At least for the moment.

 

“Shh I think it is in here,” said a soft voice.

 

Frankie instantly quieted when he heard it. Cocking his head to listen his third eye lid blinked when he heard something scraping against the door. He couldn’t see through the cloth over his cage, but he could hear well enough.

 

The sound of something breaking instantly had his feathers up. His growl was well heard throughout the cage. His pupil became a pin-prick when he smelled a familiar scent. He did not like this human and from the smell of it Frankie knew who it is.

 

“Look there’s the cage!” another voice said.

 

Frankie’s growls grew more prominent as the sound of footsteps and giggling gotten closer. Then suddenly the cover was lifted and he was looking into a pocked face of one of the kids he met in the classroom.

 

“See what did I tell you!” he whispered to his friends.

 

“Oh look at the colors on his feathers!” said a girl with a very shrilly voice.

 

Frankie was not having it as he rushed to the cage and began to gnaw at the bars. His growling was heard as he tried to swipe at them with his claws as well. The kids laughed at him as they poked and prodded him with such cruelty.

 

“He does not look like a dinosaur!” said another kid this one with thick glasses. He snorted when Frankie lifted is tail and made a mess on one of the kids shirts.

 

“Eww! Now I will smell like shit….gross I think that was the spider that was in Mr. Bridger’s classroom!” the girl who spoke said. She was screeching as she looked down at her shirt.

 

“Hey what are you kids doing here!” said a voice one that Frankie recognized as Mr. Rodgers the principal.

 

“Nothing,” they all said.

 

“I can see that, Amanda clean yourself up, Timmy and the rest of you back to detention!” the principal said pointing out the door.

 

The kids walked out leaving the principal to stare at Frankie who was eyeing him with curiosity. He cocked his head this way and that looking at him from all angles. The principal looked at him before sitting behind his desk. The phone rang signaling someone was trying to call him. Taking the phone in his hand and putting it to his ear he answered, “This is Principal Rodgers,” he said.

 

Frankie listened in while eyeing the shiny object around Principal Rodger’s fingers.

 

“Yes Mr. Gregson your son was attacked….I have the animal here with me in my office caged.” the principal said.

 

“What was that? Oh it was a bird that attacked your son. Yes the animal escaped his master’s home or so the boy said.” Mr. Rodgers said.

 

Frankie heard mutterings from the phone piece as the man on the other end was apparently shouting at the principal. He could not make out the gender of the person yelling but for a small dinosaur he could guess that something was up.

 

“Unfortunately I can’t call animal control on it because the actual owner is in Costa Rica. That’s right the animal does not belong to the boy or is his family. They were watching it for a friend and somehow it escaped...yes I understand perfectly Mr. Gregson. However I also want to talk about your son’s behav…..yes, yes I know he was injured….is it that extensive? I didn’t know I was trying to rush him to the healthroom so I can return to help contain the animal...Yes, I know that sir but you have to understand the safety of my other….I see well I will have to speak to the Grady’s about this. You have a good day for you,” with that Frankie saw him hang up the phone. He gave a sigh before picking up the phone again to another call.

 

“Yes, this is Principal Rodgers,” he said and he listened to the muffled voices on the other end.

 

“Mrs. Grady? Oh yes thank you for returning my call.” the Principal said.

 

Grady? Frankie lifted head up further so he could see the desk better. He watched as the principal conversed on the phone.

 

“Yes Mrs. Grady he somehow made his way here according to your son and then he attacked several students….I see so he responded to that? Ok I understand so how do I ensure he does not….oh ok. So how soon can you get here to pick him up? Oh, I see so what do I do with him in the meantime?” The principal looked flustered at the voice on the other end.

 

“Keep him with the boy? I can’t do that ma’am….what do you mean he would only break out again? That cage has held back….oh! Ok now that is something new, no one told me of this. Ok I understand but how do we contain him then?…...Oh, ah, ok thank you Mrs. Grady.” When the principal hung up the phone he looked at the cage where Frankie was watching him. It was a long staring contest with neither backing down to the other.

 

Frankie hissed at the principal showing his teeth as a way of his displeasure of being caged. He screeched as loud as he could and reached out with his claws. Trying to swipe at the man who imprisoned him in this cage. But Principal Rodgers kept his distance even as Frankie bit into the cage bars.

 

“You can’t get out of that one my friend the bars are meant to hold dogs which are much stronger then birds.” he said.

 

Frankie looked at him for a second cocked his head and hissed once more. Then he looked around the cage trying to see a way out. He hopped from one end to the other and when he finally spotted something he turned to look at the principal and bit into the wire the separated the cage bars. The principal watched as Frankie pulled on the wires and began to twist them into a straight line. Then when that was over he then pulled on them to get them out. As soon as they fell out the cage fell apart and the principal was staring at Frankie who ruffled his feathers. Giving him a cold stare even go so far as to hiss at him and lifting his tongue.

 

The Principal was just speechless as Frankie shook himself snorted and hopped down from his spot just outside of the cage. Walking like any dinosaur would do given his overly large wings he walked towards the door and looked at the handle. It was one of those round handles that he had seen on the Grady’s home. Flapping his wings he flew up to the door and used his legs to open the door. This is not his house so he does not have to listen to the rules.

 

When the door opened he landed on the ground and walked out...well not before leaving a very nasty mess on the ground cutesy of his lunch.

 

 

OWEN

 

Owen had just finished cleaning the girl’s locker room. Who knew that girls could be so messy! He is never going to question his mother about her time of the month ever again! If Maria gets it then he is just going to hide in his room and never come out till its over. Owen had just become a lot wiser for it. Not only that but he was the only one who stayed.

 

The goons who was supposed to be here with him bailed the first chance they got. So that resulted in Owen cleaning the girls locker room by himself as well as the boys locker room and most of the gym. He was tired sore and hungry if his growling stomach had anything to go by. Walking out he was greeted by the Janitor who waited for his return.

 

“So Mr. Grady you are the only one who remained I am surprised. I expected you to be like your friends and bailed the first chance they got?” he said.

 

“No sir,” Owen replied.

 

Will Owen Grady please report to the principal’s office please, will Owen Grady please report to the Principal’s Office.” was the voice on the intercom.

 

Sighing Owen gathered his things and thanked the Janitor for his help before heading over to the office.

 

 

 

 

PRINCIPAL’S OFFICE

 

 

When Owen entered the Principal’s office there was a man there with Principal Rodgers along with is parents. Owen gulped as he entered. He turned to the cage where Frankie normally would be….only to find it empty.

 

“Where’s Frankie?” Owen asked.

 

“You tell us young man,” said the older gentlemen in the chair.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about I was in detention you can ask the janitor,” Owen said.

 

“Owen darling Frankie escaped again,” Jessica said.

 

Escaped?” Owen asked.

 

Yes, quite spectacularly,” Richard replied pointing to the mess the secretary was cleaning up.

 

Looking sheepish Owen turned to the Principal, “What do you want me to do about it?” he said.

 

“Since you are a student at this school if you recapture that animal I will have you taken off the detention list.” the Principal said.

 

“What about that animal? I want it destroyed! It attacked my son!” the man said.

 

Wait? you’re David’s father?” Owen asked. He expected David’s father to be well….neglectful or almost abusive but from the man in front he looked to be ordinary. He was dressed like someone who works in a restaurant with the food stains on his apron. He also was clean shaven and his hair was slicked back and neatly combed.

 

You can’t destroy that animal he is the only member of his species and the only one of his kind left in the world. Destroying him would destroy his species forever,” Richard Grady said looking at his wife for support.

 

You claim that thing is a dinosaur but so far what I heard is that it looks more like a deformed bird then a dinosaur.” the Principal said to Jessica.

 

“Birds don’t have teeth or claws on their wings,” said Richard.

 

“That one bird from New Guinea has claws on its wings,” Mr. Gregson replied.

 

If you are referring to the Hoazin they are not from New Guinea they are from South America. And Frankie is not a Hoatzin he is an Archeopteryx a species that is the link between dinosaurs and birds. And for your information he is the only one of his kind and your son attacked mine. In fact he has been attacking mine for quite sometime!” Jessica shouted getting on her feet with Richard trying to hold her back.

 

“My son is top athlete in this school with straight A’s and you dare say he is a bully!” Mr. Gregson said.

 

Your son is both a bully and a fraud! Why don’t you ask him simple questions about his academics give him a test per say then lets see who has the last laugh.” Jessica replied.

 

“Are you saying my son is an idiot!” Mr. Gregson shouted.

 

“ENOUGH!” Principal Rodgers shouted. Owen cringed when he raised his voice and tried to shy away towards the door. A large hand landed on his shoulder and he looked up at another person who entered, the janitor.

 

“It is ok Owen,” the Janitor said as he came to further clean up the mess.

 

Their attention returned to the Principal, “I will not have that sort of behavior in my school. Bad enough I have to deal with teenagers who fight on a daily basis but it is worse when I have to deal with adults ! Now sit down all of you!” he said forcefully. Everyone sat as he looked at each and every one of them.

 

Now as for the situation with your son and the Grady’s accusations he will be subjected to a standardize placement test with only himself. This is to ensure that your son is telling the truth and not lying about his academics. If he passes the required threshold Mr. Gregson then your son will remain as he is on the football team. However if he fails then further investigation will be underway with intense scrutiny and I mean intense scrutiny. I do not care for cheaters in this school and neither does the board of directors. Our school prides itself on honest work and I will not have that reputation tarnished by one students fraudulent actions. Young Owen here will also be subjected to the same tests to be fair since looking at his latest grads he was also showing signs of failing. If he passes then further investigation will be underway as to why his grades were failing. Then with proper tutoring and assessment from his teachers he will be brought back up to standards with the rest of the students. Now all students involved in this investigation will have their parents notified of what happened here in this school, but for now you all will sit down and act like adults or I will have you all removed form my school!” he said.

 

Everyone sat down Owen only gulped when he was offered a chair this was not going to end well.

 

 

FRANKIE

 

 

Frankie made it out of the room he was in thanks to several vents that ran into the main office. So far no one has seen him, but at the same time he almost gotten sucked into the fans on the other side. That was something he was not looking forward to. He was also very thirsty since there is no water. Thankfully the rats that were living here provided a nice snack outside of the spiders and roaches. Normally he don’t eat rat but they make a nice treat once in a while.

 

As he crawled through a scent caught wind in his nostrils. It was one that always delighted him as he made his way further along the vents.

 

It was here at the end that he finally managed to find the source just below him. Looking down through the vent were several people in white clothes chopping food. He always enjoyed the scent of human food though not all of it tasted as good as a beetle, but still. The scent was delightful as he looked at all the food his claws could grab. Frankie needed a way down there and looked for a way to get out. It was then he spotted several seems in the vent he was coming out from. Ticking his tail feathers he started to bite into the vent.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Owen left the adults having been dismissed for lunch. His stomach growled as he made his way over towards the cafeteria for something to eat. It was by luck that he managed to make it to second lunch. First lunch is normally reserved for sixth, seventh and eighth grade students. Owen himself is in the seventh grade so he is mid- level middle school student. That meant that he was supposed to take first lunch. But due to his recent adventure with detention he has to take second lunch.

 

So Owen is stuck going to lunch alone.

 

A s he waited in line he noticed something off to his right and his heart sank. David’s friends have finally showed up after disappearing from detention. Not only were they there, but so was a very angry David. He held stitches to his face and his demeanor was one of pure rage. He looked around the school and finally noticed Owen in line.

 

Owen began to back away pushing and shoving as David came right at Owen. Owen tried to run images of the mercenaries back on Isla Nublar have begun to return to his mind. But before he could get very far two of David’s friends managed to catch him and pin him to the wall.

 

Other students quickly gathered around trying to get the best view of the pummeling that was about to occur. Some of them even started to chant for a fight. David snagged Owen from his two goons as Owen tried to hit and get at him but David’s grip was two strong. He held one hand to Owen’s throat while the other he started to hit him in the face. Owen thrashed kicking and punching but David was too strong. He started to lose air as the shouts and chanting of the students rang in his ear. Some even tried to get David off of him calling a coward.

 

But David still hit David’s face. Then without warning the screaming started and another figure ran at David pulling him away from Owen. David turned and something black came into his hand. The figure backed away and Owen barely saw through bloodied eyes the face of the boy who spoke to him in Gym class, Matt.

 

Matt was there in full uniform along with several other members of the football team. They along with a few cheerleaders came rushing into the circle trying to break up the students so that others can look to Owen. They were currently being fought off by David’s friends.

 

But when David pulled out the gun everything stopped. The few teachers trying to help stopped as well. No one moved for a second till the screaming started and the lunch room scattered as people ran to find a place to hide. Matt was standing there frozen in fear as David held the gun to him. Then he pointed the gun at Owen. No one heard the crash or the shriek from the kitchens. The screaming from the cooks or the splashing sounds of something in the soup.

 

Everything was still as Owen looked down the barrel of the gun. His mind was playing with him as images of the mercenaries came back to him. His fear was in an all time high as he was frozen still.

 

You ruined me Grady! My father wants me to take a test! A FUCKEN TEST! Ha! Fuck him and fuck you for ruining it for me. You and that fucken freak show bird. I am going to fix it and I am going to show you who is the true man around here!” David said.

 

“Don’t do it David!” another voice shouted and David turned to see his father there along with the Principal and Owen’s own parents. They had shocked looks on their faces as they looked at David in fear.

 

“Fuck you dad!” David shouted back as he aimed the gun at Owen.

 

“David don’t do this don’t throw yourself away like this!” his father said.

 

Fuck you!” David shouted as he went to shoot his own father. Then without warning something hit David from the side.

 

A ball of feathers came flying out from the kitchens shrieking as it attacked David’s hand. Shrieking in pain David dropped the gun and proceeded to fight off Frankie. Some of David’s friends rushed to help save David from Frankie. Owen now freed rushed to Mr. Gregson’s side. Mr. Gregson who had fallen over a chair was nursing a bruise on his face.

 

David’s friends rushed over to help fend off Frankie while security for the school rushed to help contain the animal.

 

“Are you ok Mr. Gregson?” asked Owen as he helped the man up.

 

“I’m fine, call off your bird please!” he said to Owen.

 

Owen turned towards where the ruckus was with his own parents trying to call Frankie but the archeopteryx would not listen.

 

“Frankie come!” Owen shouted.

 

The shrieking insisted as many people had been bit or hurt by Frankie. But Owen persisted trying to stop this madness from going further.

 

“FRANKIE STOP! COME HERE!” Owen raised his voice loud enough for Frankie to hear.

 

Eventually the archeopteryx heard him and came flying out of the pile of people to Owen’s waiting hand. The animal cooed as Owen softly stroked him to calm him down. Blood dripped from his snout and all four of his talons. His eyes glared at Mr. Gregson as he looked back at Frankie.

 

What is that thing?” he said finally seeing Frankie for the first time.

 

He is a dinosaur,” Owen said.

 

Those that remained in the cafeteria looked on in awe and fear at Frankie who puffed his feathers before shaking them. Owen only put his head to Frankie’s to comfort the distressed animal. Mr Gregson who was shaken by what Frankie is looked at him in terror especially when he saw the damage that Frankie inflicted on his son.

 

David’s wounds had been reopened but this time deep marks are littered across his arms and hands. Because he fended off Frankie further damage thankfully was spared from his face. But his hands were mangled and torn down to the bone. Blood was dripping everywhere as people even the school nurse rushed to help him. David the whole time was screaming at Owen that he would kill Frankie and kill everyone out there.

 

Mr. Gregson sighed as he looked at Frankie and came closer. Frankie huffed as he puffed out his feathers in warning.

 

Frankie stop,” Owen said as he held Frankie’s snout to tell him no. Frankie struggled at first but relented afterward. His wings relaxed against his body but his head feathers were still raised. Owen then started scratching the top of his head where scales meets feathers and Frankie’s eyes rolled back in a relaxing fashion. He then leaned into the touch while someone handed him a wet cloth to help clean the blood off of his feathers.

 

That thing? He is loyal to you isn’t he?” Mr. Gregson said his voice raw with emotion. His son was just mauled by Frankie and taken to a hospital he was still in shock by what happened to him. But still he was staring into the eyes of a creature that was supposed to be extinct. A creature that can be as dangerous as he can be beautiful.

 

“I was there when he was born. He sort of imprinted on me as a member of his family. So I guess he sees me as a member of his flock,” Owen said.

 

Frankie hissed showing off the row of teeth but Mr. Gregson slowly reached his hand out only for Frankie to snap at it.

 

“I would not touch him right now sir he is under stress,” Owen replied.

 

“I see, he is dangerous just look at what he did to my son,” Mr. Gregson said.

 

“Your son has done worse to me sir,” Owen replied his voice shaking.

 

“I will talk to the doctors but that animal should be dealt with,” Mr. Gregson said before walking off being escorted by the newly arrived police. As they appeared with animal control the only thing they got was the fright of their lives when Frankie huffed at them again.

 

The claws alone were enough to scare them as they backed off but a snapping jaw full of teeth and large eyes makes up for the frightening appearance.

 

“Let us deal with him guys because if you come at him with nets he will maul you,” Jessica warned them. They knew here from the vet’s office in town so they backed off.

 

Frankie was in a staring contest with Matt who could not keep his eyes off of the dinosaur. Frankie looked at Matt in curiosity before settling down on Owen’s arm. His snort was enough to show that he was not in the mood to be handled by anyone else.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Grady why don’t you take your son and animal home. I will have his teachers compile the rest of his assignments and have someone deliver them to your home,” Mr. Rodgers said to them. The Grady’s agreed as they escorted Owen home with a very huffy Frankie.

 

 

LATER

 

 

 

Owen sat in his room doing his homework. Frankie was preening himself on the bed and Ruby was on the floor. The events of the past two days had rubbed off on the Grady’s and it was only now that Owen realized how much responsibility has to be given to taking care of Frankie. Dr. Grant had been right to warn the Grady’s in the past that taking care of dinosaurs is a full time commitment. And now he is starting to believe that.

 

The events that had happened nearly two days ago now had made Owen suspended from school but not for bad behavior. It was because he is currently being investigated for being the victim of bullying and to prevent Frankie from coming back to the school and causing more havoc. So far none of his friends had been able to visit him because their parents had forbid them from visiting him. He felt isolated and alone as he finished his last assignment.

 

It was at this time that the doorbell rang and he could hear his mother answering the door. There was silence at the moment until Maria poked her head into the room.

 

“Owen your friends are here,” she said to him.

 

Raising his head up from his desk Owen walked out but not before Frankie hopped onto his shoulder refusing to leave his side. Ruby followed behind him as they made their way to the stairs.

 

There at the foot of the stairs was none other then Matt the senior from school. Right behind him was Norman and the rest of Owen’s friends. All of them bringing gifts and assortments for him when he arrived.

 

“Sorry we could not come sooner but Matt decided to come and break us out of our houses,” Norman said.

 

Owen smiled for the first time in days as they came up the stairs much to the excited chirping of Frankie. Everyone backed off at first but Owen smiled knowing the sounds that Frankie makes.

 

“Don’t worry he is just excited to see new people he is not angry,” Owen said.

 

They all laughed before they went into Owen’s room to chat and have fun. And for the first time Owen felt as if the experience at school had brought them all that much closer.

 

 

 

ONE MONTH LATER

 

 

 

 

It has been one month since the incident at school and Owen was walking with confidence towards his science class. On his shoulder was Frankie who sported a new jacket from one of the students so that way people can be aware of what Frankie actually is. Owen gotten a good laugh when his friend Nancy managed to present it to him a day ago. The principal Mr. Rodgers had been hammered by requests by students and a few teachers to have him return to the school. Frankie as it turns out is sort of a hero with exposing David and his goons to the bullying that had been going on at school.

 

B ut the Principal was pressured by concerned parents about Frankie returning to school. Frankie had proven that he is dangerous and wild. But after Owen explained why Frankie broke out of his cage many concerns were still raised. Now Owen had missed the science fair since David destroyed his project and ruined his reports. So by the request of many parents and teachers he and the other students who were effected by the bully had to present their projects yet again.

 

So now Owen was in front of the classroom along with several others and in the back of the biology classroom was the school Board of Directors. They along with Owen’s parents and the parents of the students who had been victimized by David and his goons are now getting some closure. The said students had been short on grades needed to pass into the next level. But due to the investigation of David’s criminal activities it was found that they were victims of bullying.

 

So now with the bully gone Owen was free to present his make up report to his science class.

 

But his class was not the only one. Everyone in school wanted to see Frankie. A real live living dinosaur right there with them. Frankie was wearing Nancy’s sweater that has the words on the back, ‘Beware of me for I will bite,’ on the back and ‘Owen’s Little Monster,’ on the front. It was really adorable. And since Nancy with a little help from Matt who turns out owns a few birds made the sweater to match Frankie’s feathers.

 

“Alright ladies and gentlemen I want your attention please!” said Mr. Bridger as he stood in front of the class.

 

Our next speaker has caused quite a stir this year in school so as a treat he would be presenting his science fair project to you. As well as letting us get first hand experience with our long lost missing link. Go ahead Owen the front is yours,” Mr. Bridger said to Owen.

 

Owen was nervous but he managed to walk up with pride. He was wearing the shirt he had taken from the Visitor’s Center back on Isla Nublar. Everyone thought it was a good joke and Owen even said that a friend of his came up with the design. Not wanting to tell them about his adventures on the Dinosaur infested Island. On his left arm was Frankie who had removed the hoodie from his head with his wing claws. Owen laughed as he had the hood hocked onto his right claw. Making it look like he was some sort of cartoon character.

 

Hi, I’m Owen Grady and I am in the seventh grade. Today I will be presenting my science fair project which is on Dinosaurs and what happens if they were to be alive today in modern society. And this little guy with me is named Frankie who is a dinosaur. He is on loan from our good family friend Dr. Alan Grant who lives in Montana with the rest of his dinosaurs. Right behind me on my presentation board I have pictures of all the other dinosaurs that he owns. And no they are not fake or dressed up animals they are real and as you can see with Frankie they are also wild animals.” And so Owen spent a good half hour presenting his project as well as answering many questions from many people. Frankie since he is not in the cage was enjoying the attention and only sat on Owen’s arm preening. He had fed on a large tray of big juicy cockroaches presented by Mr. Bridger. So he was content and full and enjoying the moment.

 

Owen was enjoying the fact that the rest of his school year will be a lot smoother now that Frankie had gotten rid of David the bully. He just prays that Dr. Grant will be ok in Costa Rica.

 

 

TBC

 

 

Notes:

Ok first off I would like to apologize for taking forever in getting this up. I was supposed to have this chapter up a while ago but my schedule for work was a lot more hectic then I thought. The holidays had really turned it upside down and to top it off I was very sick. So that did not help.

Like at all!

Then this chapter proved to be quite the challenge to write! So without further a do I will leave you at that and please review I want to hear from you. And when you do please no FLAMES, BASHINGS, OR LORE MONGERS this is an AU fic so be nice.

Till next time!

Chapter 32: Rexy the Bloodhound

Summary:

We head back to Costa Rica after the episode with the Grady's. We go back to our fav guys and their mishaps before the virus is dealt with in the story. So we head back to Dr. Wu, Dr. Harding and Ray Arnold as they try to deal with what is going on in Costa Rica.

Notes:

A/n: whew! It has been a while hasn’t it and though I didn’t have enough time to update I have been very busy lately. For starters I am rewriting one of my older stories which to me is a very personal matter because those stories were very dear to me. And second I am busy with my current job which has a crazy schedule. I still work the graveyard shift but my hours are screwy at best so that leaves me little time to do anything else. So with that said we are now heading back to Costa Rica and to Dr. Wu and Co….

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

SAN JOSE COSTA RICA

 

 

 

 

“Shit!”

 

The very sound of something being thrown and smashed against the wall has sent many people scurrying for cover. But for one person he simply just rolled his eyes. Getting up Henry Wu looked at his friend Gerry Harding for a bit seeing the dark circles under his eyes and the tear stained cheeks. The past few weeks have been hard for them all. With Alan and Robert both in a deep coma, both men are working around the clock to help them as much as they could. But things could not have gotten any worse. Now they are in a comatose state and they don’t know what would happen to them.

 

So far both of them are working to see if they could find a cure to help them. But so far they don’t know a thing about the disease. It was not only the humans that are effected but Rosco and Nico were as well. The two dinosaurs had been put in quarantine from the rest of the group of dinosaurs for that same reason. The only one who went with them that was not effected is Sarah the pteranodon. She was the only one not effected by the DX virus due to the fact she is not actually a dinosaur.

 

The thing that has gotten both men baffled is that the disease jumped species so quickly. It went from dinosaurs to humans in such a short amount of time and from what they could tell it was a cross species disease. One that could easily create a mass extinction if nothing could be done about it. Alan and Robert were the worst recorded cases since they were one of the first recorded humans to come into contact with the disease.

 

“Calm down Gerry it is not helping if you are throwing things around,” Henry said trying to calm his friend down.

 

“You can say that again Henry, you don’t have to worry about your kids and your family should this get out,” Gerry replied as he hit the table.

 

“Did something happen to Jessie?” asked Henry suddenly concerned for the fourteen year old girl he had gotten to know.

 

“No, she is fine, she was not exposed to the disease. But...I am just worried we don’t have enough time on our hands. Alan and Robert...they are not doing so well and I just gotten a phone call from General Vitkiss. He said there are several people who had also contacted the disease and are being brought in.” he said.

 

“What?” Henry replied.

 

“Yeah, several fisherman had been brought in saying that they don’t feel good. The doctors who they went to tried to help them but many died. Those that survived who are in the early stages are being sent here.” Gerry replied.

 

Henry was worried since disease control was not part of his job description. He was a Geneticist not anEpidemiologist and the actual experts on diseases who were brought in were of no help at all. They were just as baffled as he was that such a genetics company could make such a mistake.

 

Suddenly a chirping noise could be heard. Turning Henry came face to face with Tien as the Troodon gave him a worried look. Smiling softly to himself Henry reached out and stroked the Troodon’s now feathered head. Tien had grown quite a bit in the past few weeks. He is now about the size of a turkey and judging by the amount he eats still growing. He also now sports a coat of downy feathers which makes him look like an ugly deformed baby chicken. His downy feathers were white with speckles of black dots going down his sides. The scales were no longer shown but Henry could feel them if he wanted to. His fore claws and arms were well hidden when he tucks them against his body, but still the Troodon’s legs could clearly be seen as well as his large dew claws.

 

“Oh hello boy,” he said stroking Tien. The troodon was more then happy to get some much needed attention from his father. Just as he expected he also gotten that sweet spot just under his chin that makes him want to melt. Tien then stared at Henry with some soulful eyes causing the man to finally give in.

 

“OH alright if you want a me to spend some time with you and Rosie it couldn’t hurt,” he said.

 

“You should take a break Henry you had been working at it for quite sometime. In fact I could use a break myself besides I need to check up on Rosco and Nico to see how they are doing,” said Gerry as he got up to follow Henry out.

 

When they gotten out of the compound Tien was more then excited as he spotted Rosie sitting by herself near the watering hole. The velociraptor quickly raised her head at the scent of Henry and bound over to him. In the months since hatching Rosie the little raptor has more then doubled her size. She is now about the size of a small child and would reach about the size of a person in a few months time. For now the nearly three month old is sitting just as she always was by the watering hole. Hoping to catch some fish inside the water.

 

Henry also became aware of the enclosure’s biggest resident as she sniffed his backside. Without looking Henry smiled as he patted the snout of Rexy the Tyrannosaur. She gave a mournful croon as she felt under him and sniffed. She knew that he was tired and sad it seems as if the entire area was effected by the disease. “I know girl,” he said turning around and wrapping his body around her snout. He watched her dilate her pupil a sign of her distress and her trust in Henry. The Asian man was not without his support group as Tien also joined in the affection stand.

 

“Rosco and Nico are still down for the count and some men say that we should just put them down. But I don’t like that idea not one bit,” said Gerry as he came up to them he was careful to remove the hazmat suit he wore around the other two and sterilize himself before coming into the main enclosure. Rosco and Nico had been on Isla Sorna and with Henry while Gerry remained on Isla Nublar. Since they were both exposed Gerry had combing through InGen’s notes trying to figure out what it was that the disease was made of.

 

“I just...I don’t get it the data we collected from Isla Sorna is labeled highly classified. I was lucky to have clearance to see them, but even so I have problems on how to deal with the genetic makeup of this disease. I mean the base is that of prions but the symptoms is that of rabies. How the fuck could someone create such a disease and get away with spreading it?” Henry said.

 

“I don’t know,” Gerry replied, “I do know how it is executed though through the saliva not so much through the blood. Alan and Robert had gotten it from probably Rosco or Nico but still….”

 

“What about the three raptors we brought back along with our dinosaurs?” Henry asked.

 

“You mean the female and the two males?” Gerry asked.

 

“Yeah the very same, I mean why bring them back if they are too much of a risk? I ran the numbers and did the tests but they are not infected...or at least I don’t think so,” Henry replied.

 

“You think they might be carriers?” asked Gerry.

 

“I have no idea what to look for unless I have a specialist with me. My specialty is genetics not diseases but the experts they did bring with them are useless!” Henry replied his distress is clearly shown. Gerry could not have agreed more on the subject as they both sat down near the watering hole to think. Rexy saw this as a sign to relax as she went on her hunches next to the two. Her much larger frame helped to shade them from the sun and the two smaller dinosaurs were more then happy to bound off somewhere else to play.

 

It was just by luck that Spitz was near the watering hole. He was enjoying his drink of water, his frill open and flapping like elephant ears to cool him down. He looked at them in curiosity and both men noticed that he too was also growing still. But Gerry knew that Spitz was still a juvenile and had nearly a year’s more growth to do before he was fully grown. Nico if he was still awake would have been doing the same growth spurt. From what Alan had shown his dinosaurs don’t grow as fast as the InGen ones do. In fact the adult Dilophosaurs in Jurassic Park were estimated to be fully grown by the time they reached two. Spitz from what he read in Alan’s notes was not due to be an adult till he was at least seven to ten years of age. Same with Nico. Such slow growth rate would mean a lot more time to chat with the dinosaurs. It would also make them live longer. Rosco may be full size but he would not be sexually mature till much later then Rexy. It was strange to think it but if he was healthy then he would be one of the biggest bulls they had encountered.

 

Henry was too busy enjoying the sun and being out of his lab coat for once as he leaned against Rexy to relax. Gerry could not help but feel the same. As he leaned back against the large dinosaur himself he could hear her heartbeat. It was calm and soothing with its steady beat, and it allowed him to drift into sleep.

 

 

The sudden movement of Rexy was what woke Gerry from his slumber. The Tyrannosaur rose suddenly growling at the nearest intruder to her pen. Both Gerry and Henry rose with her and were shocked to see several armed guards there waiting for them.

 

“Lower your weapons she does not like guns,” said Gerry. Rexy’s head was lowered allowing her to be more of a protector to her human companions. The men quickly hid away their guns allowing the other two men to come closer to the guest party. When they gotten there Rexy was already making her way towards the watering hole to drink.

 

“Dr. Harding why are you in here?” asked the first man.

 

“I am a veterinarian it is my job to be in here. Besides I am an expert in Paleo-Veternariary medicine. And right now I was enjoying time with the dinosaurs,” he said.

 

“These animals are dangerous sir,” he stated.

 

“They are not dangerous! At least if you follow the rules which states that you can’t have weapons in here,” said Gerry.

 

“Besides some are still infants and needed to be watched,” replied Henry as he settled Tien down who had hissed at the men alongside Rosie. They ran off to be with Rexy and Spitz at the watering hole as the heat of the day was starting to get to them. Junior was busy napping under a tree and Tank was foraging in the nearby ferns. Sara was roosting in a nearby tree her bandages are still on meaning she can’t fly yet. The only ones missing are of course Nico and Rosco as well as Frankie who is in the States with the Gradys. Then there is Terry and Iggy who are both aquatic animals and are out there somewhere in the open ocean.

 

“Is there a reason why you are harassing us?” asked Gerry.

 

“The General has brought in an expert on mysterious diseases from the States. She said she wanted to meet with you right away,” he said and both men looked up to see a woman with dark hair and tanned complexion standing just behind the men.

 

“Doctor Bradshaw this is Dr. Wu and Dr. Harding both of them experts on Paleo-biology. Though Dr. Wu is an expert on Paleo-Genetics and Dr. Harding Paley-Veternary Medicine,” said the man in charge of the guards. He was a well informed man even by his thick accent. When he moved out of the way the woman entered the compound her composure was that of a business woman but Henry was the first to speak after getting over his shock.

 

“Cindy?” Henry said startled.

 

“Cindy? As in your girlfriend Cindy?” said Gerry looking at Henry in surprise.

 

“Yeah, she….well….what are you doing here?” he asked looking at the woman up and down.

 

“General Vitkiss said you needed help with a potential epidemic,” she said and Henry never felt happier even though he thought Cindy’s expertise was in veterinarian medicine her exact expertise was in veterinarian diseases. Which makes sense seeing as this virus originated in dinosaurs. But to look at her tanned skin and her ember eyes again…

 

It was then that Tien made himself known as he chirped his request for Henry. He stood beside him with his long neck raised. Rosie also joined as they both looked at the group with interest now that their activities near the watering hole had ended. Cindy looked at them in amazement as she neared them both.

 

“Wait!” said Gerry as he stepped in, “Don’t get too close to them, they don’t know you, and you have not been properly introduced,” Gerry warned.

 

“I know, I am doing what I normally do with wolves or other dangerous predators Dr. Harding. I know what they are,” Cindy replied as she approached. Slowly she lowered herself down to their height seeing as they are both about the same height as Henry’s waist. Tien was the first to approach Cindy. His seemingly soulless eyes piercing into her softened ones. He took a sniff of her face and then her her breath as she breathed into him. He chirped to Rosie who came closer to her and also took a sniff. Both of them were curious to know who had come into their territory and disrupt their time with their father.

 

Henry and Gerry watched in anticipation seeing as they are not so eager to interrupt such an introduction. Then as if on cue Tien walked back towards Henry who patted his side when he stood there. Rosie did the same thing which makes Cindy accepted by the two.

 

“Alright now that you are properly introduced can….” he did not get to finish because Rexy decided that she wanted to sniff out Cindy. The large predator came very close to the woman who was standing her ground. She was afraid that much was accurate but she dared not move. Because she knew as if by instinct that to move would be death. So Rexy got to sniff the woman and looked at her with her large yellow eyes. The older, larger dinosaur was more then willing to know who was this who had come to seek her children. Her deep growls and rancid breath could be felt through her ribs so the woman remained still. She was even aware of another dinosaur sniffing her from behind.

 

Slowly turning she came face to face with another large carnivore this one the same species but smaller. Junior made herself known when she smelled the human and wanted to investigate. She knew the guards and she knew the other family members but this one was new. She butted the human female. Her red coloration made her stand out a bit from Rexy who was duller in tone. But she wanted to see if this human was good for playing or eating.

 

“Junior,” Henry warned in that warning tone.

 

The female relented as she turned to look at the Asian man. He hardened his eyes at her and his back was rigid showing he was not pleased by her movements. She backed down while the human was on the ground. Rexy also scolded her by giving the juvenile a warning growl. The smaller Rex walked off towards the watering hole in the middle of the enclosure. It was a good thing the enclosure was of a decent size or else it would have been crowded.

 

Tank finally made herself known with Sarah on her back. The pteranodon somehow gotten down from her perch and was able to hold on while the larger herbivore made herself known. She walked out of the bushes knowing that someone was in the area. When she gotten there she snorted at the human female before taking a long sniff and sneezed.

 

The woman raised her arms in disgust as mucus dripped from her front. That was the ice breaker as the guards and the two men in charge started laughing. It was that roar of laughter that finally got the woman the hand she needed to get off the ground. Henry was full of mirth as his eyes and his laughing face was anything to go by. Embarrassed but not surprised the woman Cindy only took some of the snot off of her shirt and smeared it on Henry’s face causing another uproar of laughter from the men. His retaliation was a lot more satisfying as he gave her a passionate kiss to smear it back on her face.

 

The men were now howling which was copied by the smaller dinosaurs as they too joined in the fun energy. Cindy glared at Henry but her eyes showed her amusement.

 

“Alright guys enough fun, Dr. Cindy Bradshaw I see you’ve met Dr. Wu and Dr. Harding from InGen,” said the soldier in charge. Cindy was helped towards the restrooms to clean up while Henry went with her. That left Gerry with the men.

 

“So what now?” he asked.

 

“Now when they are cleaned up we can discuss why she is here,” said the soldier before he walked out. Gerry shrugged but not before Rexy rested her snout against his back. The vet didn’t think about anything as he reached behind him and patted Rexy’s snout. The large predator who at first was thought to be very dangerous has calmed down a lot in the recent months. Dr. Grant did wonders on improving her behavior and if Gerry had anything to say about it was glad he got to work with the man. The snort from the large predator made him laugh as he turned around to pat her snout.

 

“Alright girl you did good there very good,” he said.

 

 

 

LATER

 

 

 

“So the United States Military sent you here to study the disease?” Henry asked.

 

“Well, I am no longer with the military. My tenure with them was up as of two months ago,” she said as she finished her meal.

 

The three of them were currently in a private lunch room reserved for the staff of the compound they are in. It has several tables for the higher ranking employees and it served its purpose well. The meal was decent, but the two men had eaten worse before. Cindy however was enjoying the meal saying it was way better then the military crap she had to deal with back in the States.

 

“Aw come on Henry it is not that bad,” she said gesturing to the food.

 

“I have been eating the same shit since we got here,” Henry replied with disgust but at least he was eating his food. There was nothing else to eat.

 

“If you are no longer with the military Cindy, then why are you here?” asked Gerry.

 

“I was asked to come down here to study a disease that has jumped species. The last time this happened was when H.I.V. transferred from chimpanzees to humans back in the 80’s. Now I am studying a new disease that has leaped from reptiles long thought to have gone extinct to humans. And the worse part about it was that when I was asked to come here they gave me files that you sent them saying that it was manufactured by your company Henry why is that?” she asked looking at him with a dead serious expression on her face. Henry swallowed his food before turning to her.

 

“I have no idea they were doing this I was busy trying to decipher the DNA of dinosaurs and bring them back, not diseases. I would not have volunteered my services if that had been the case,” he said knowing full well the implications of what biological warfare could do to people. Gerry nodded his agreement as well seeing where this was going.

 

“So you had no idea that they were doing this?” she said looking at him dead in the eye.

 

“No, I was the one who discovered it along with Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon. But I was not hit by the animals infected. I discovered the means in its creation, but I have no idea how to undo the damage that was done,” Henry said looking at his food. His hands shook as if he was on the verge of crying. Cindy realizing that she had hit a rough spot she became quiet afterwards to let Henry settle down. Gerry on the other hand wanted them to work together so he decided to fill her in.

 

By the time he was done the hour was late and the kitchen staff came in to get their plates. When they were done Cindy was caught up on the whole operation as she looked out the window to the dinosaurs sleeping below. “Look Cindy, Henry and I have been through a lot these past few months. Caring for the dinosaurs as well as keeping people safe. Now this has happened all because of one storm,” said Gerry as he yawned. “Oh man I am beat, I guess I will be heading to bed my apologies for my rudeness,” he said.

 

“It is not a problem Dr. Harding and it looks as if you need to sleep so I will speak to you later in the morning,” Cindy replied. Gerry waved them off before walking away leaving Henry and Cindy there to watch him. Henry watched him go then he and Cindy made their way towards their own rooms.

 

Inside Henry’s room Tien and Rosy were already resting in the corner. They were well asleep by the time that Henry managed to get undressed and into the shower. As he did so he did not hear the door open, but the sound of Rosie and Tien’s happy chirrs did.

 

When he came out he saw Cindy there stroking Tien’s head with one hand while the other went to Rosie. The two seemed to like their head’s scratched for some reason, but Henry didn’t complain. When he entered the living room the two bound themselves towards him and each put their heads under each of his arms. Their tails swaying in lazy arcs. Cindy was amazed by their fondness for their human parent. But Henry by now was used to it.

 

“Hey,” he said awkwardly to his girlfriend. Cindy didn’t hesitate when she came up to him and gave him a long and tired kiss. He kissed her back with a passion glad to see that he was not alone in this. Both Tien and Rosie gave little squeals of attention from the two as Henry ushered them back to their nest to rest.

 

Since his apartment was small and on the ground level Henry asked for access for the enclosure so that he can let the little ones out if he has guests. When he opened the door both of them ran out the room and into the dark night to join with Rexy and the others. Henry left the door open so that if they want to they can return to their nest. In the meantime he was preoccupied with the reunion of someone he missed dearly.

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

Gerry was sporting a drink in his room as he looked outside. He could see the form of Rexy and Junior as they both patrolled the enclosure. Not liking it one bit Gerry could understand that is why he was on the balcony of his room which is one floor up from the ground level. As if sensing the mood Rexy came towards him and gave a sniff in greetings.

 

“Hey girl,” he said as he patted her down. Ever since Alan had been with the large carnivore her behavior had changed dramatically. No longer is she the overly aggressive animal they had come to encounter. Instead she had become something like a giant dog. The kind of dog that would be used to deal with intruders or in their case drug dealers.

 

Rexy gave a low croon as she flared her nostrils at him. Something he picked up as a friendly greeting. He continued to stroke her snout aware the giant predator enjoyed that attention that she never gotten growing up. As he stroked her he became well aware of what is going on if the noise in the room down below had anything to go for it.

 

“At least Henry is having a good time,” he said to the Rex. The deep soothing growl was what he had gotten and from the glow in her eyes Gerry could have guessed she knew what they were doing. Laughing to himself he went to settle down for the night the large dinosaur had silently left leaving the balcony as it was. Gerry chuckled as he took a shower and undressed for bed.

 

 

 

THE NEXT MORNING

 

 

“Alright this is what we know of the virus so far,” said Henry as he passed a few files over to Cindy whose expertise is that of diseases. She looked over the files and even looked at the data on the computer. Frowning she skimmed through the data on the disks as well as the samples taken from both the humans and the dinosaurs. She then compared it to the notes that she was sent back in the states.

 

“This looks like a form of prions but the symptoms don’t match. Like you said they remind you of rabies or lyssavirus but something is not adding up,” Cindy said as she looked at Henry’s research and looked through the files and the charts about the disease.

 

“I looked into the materials and this disease has leaped species too fast for anyone to counter. And already General Vitkiss is searching for how this thing is spreading among the human populations. But so far nothing,” Henry replied.

 

“Have any of the dinosaurs other then these get off the island?” Cindy asked.

 

“You mean InGen’s dinosaurs, because Dr. Grants animals were raised on the U.S. mainland,” replied Gerry as he too was working in the labs.

 

“Yes, only InGen’s animals since the ones from Dr. Grant are a separate group. Do you have blood samples from the animals?” she asked.

 

“Yeah, got them here,” said Gerry as he handed the fresh samples to her. Cindy took them through the testing phase before putting them on the first glass slide. She then took a sample of the infected blood and also put them through the slide. What she found was something that had her head wrapped around in a bundle.

 

“Ok, here goes nothing,” she said and started the machines that would quickly isolate the blood samples.

 

“So now what?” asked Gerry.

 

“Now we wait,” Cindy replied. Just as she said it the door opened and in walked General Vitkiss who looked disheveled from lack of sleep.

 

“General what can we do for you?” asked Gerry and he was accompanied by both Henry and Cindy.

 

The General looked up at them before sighing, “I didn’t want to do this, but we need your help,” he said.

 

 

 

AN HOUR LATER

 

 

“Are you sure it was a dinosaur attack?” asked Gerry as they made their way down the city of San Jose to an area that was blocked off by police. Many onlookers had a look of fear and some of them were covered in blood. But from the looks of it, it looked more like a terrorist attack then something out of science fiction.

 

“I can assure you it is! The animal came from that building over there!” The Officer in charge said pointing to a warehouse not far from where they were at. All three of them headed to the area to investigate. As they gotten closer Gerry looked down to see the signs of a dinosaur. Large footprints left the area and from the three toes displayed in sharp angles this was a carnivore.

 

“How the fuck?” Gerry asked looking down at the footprint and traced the claws.

 

“We don’t know, but witnesses say that they heard loud animal noises coming from that building. When they complained to police, the officers went to investigate a possible illegal animal smuggling ring when this creature burst through the door and killed several officers. It then went on a rampage through the streets and killed several people. Most described it as a monster, but after seeing your animals I know what it is.” he said and Gerry nodded to Henry as they both went into the warehouse.

 

What the hell! Was all that was said about the interior of the place. To say it was trashed was an understatement. The cages that were in it were completely wrecked and the animals inside were dead. Human bodies lay everywhere and police officer were busy taking pictures and putting the corpses in duffle bags. Gerry and Henry both looked around at what animals they could see that were theirs and so far only birds and big cats could be seen and some looked to be eaten.

 

“So far only that one animal is out, but where did it come from?” asked Gerry.

 

“We traced the logs to….Isla Nublar,” he said showing him a shipping manifest that was left on the table in the far corner. Luckily for them the table was bolted the ground making it safe for them to use.

 

“Isla Nublar? When was this?” asked Henry as he came closer.

 

“The manifest is about two years old,” said one of the officers. He held up a piece of paper that he offered to both Henry and Gerry. Taking the paper they both read it and discovered that several dinosaurs had been smuggled off of the island. That included several very dangerous carnivores that had never made it to Jurassic Park. Now that they saw this they noticed the pattern.

 

“How long was Nedry smuggling dinosaurs off of the island?” asked Henry looking at the manifest.

 

“I don’t know but from what I can tell several years,” Gerry replied as he passed the manifest to Cindy who also read it.

 

“You say that these animals were bred on Isla Sorna and then brought to Isla Nublar is that correct?” she asked looking at Henry.

 

“Yeah, Sorna was big enough for us to breed the dinosaurs and ship them here. However Hammond insists on using only females for the park. I never agreed to it but the ones we bred there are female only. I would not be too surprised if there are males on Isla Nublar that somehow managed to get there either by boat or had their sex changed due to the amphibian DNA that was in their genes,” Henry replied as he read through the papers.

 

“Well if majority were from Sorna do you think they might be carriers of the disease?” asked Cindy as she looked at the police officers picking up the bodies. Though she wanted to throw up, the conversation with Henry helped to stem the urge to. It also helps to keep her mind focused on the task ahead.

 

“We don’t know,” replied Gerry as he looked at some of the dead before they were taken away.

 

“How can you both not be disturbed by this carnage?” Cindy asked as she studied the two men who appeared to be fine.

 

“When you live with several living breathing dinosaurs for several years you learn to have a strong stomach,” replied Gerry.

 

“Especially when one of the said dinosaurs ate the guy who was doing this sort of crime in the first place,” Henry replied.

 

Just as they started to finish looking at the paper work one of the officers walked in. He looked disheveled and the large bags under his eyes on his dark skin showed that he was lacking sleep.

 

“Gentlemen, it seems as if our creature has managed to be found in the south side of the city,” he said.

 

 

LATER

 

 

The sight of many people sick and wounded touched the two men as they entered into this shelter of sorts. Already doctors are monitoring several people that are showing the early stages of the DX disease. Cindy in her hazmat suit was taking samples of each and every individual. Henry and Gerry also volunteered even though both knew this was outside their area of expertise. When they were done and over with those that were afflicted were moved towards the main compound for further study. Cindy took charge from here since this was her job .

 

Gerry in the mean time went back to the compound to handle the animals which showed some agitation on their part. Rexy and Junior began to patrol the enclosure more and mark their scent along the fences. Tank was constantly thrashing her tail in nervousness and Sarah was flapping her wings irritating the already over stretched muscles. Gerry hand to put a sedative in Sarah’s food to calm the animal down. Spitz was flapping his frill like an elephant would its ears. He was clearly frightened by something even by the recent growth spurt he was still not as large as the adults back on Nublar. Tien and Rosie being the youngest of the group had retreated to the confines of Henry’s room refusing to come out even to relieve themselves. Opting instead to do so on the floor in the kitchen or the living area. Henry had been annoyed by it but he could understand why they were so agitated.

 

Alright, I think the animal is somewhere nearby. If our animals are getting antsy by it then that means this animal is definitely plague victim,” said Gerry as they sat down at a table meeting with the General and several other people. The men were in fact nervous enough was what the group didn’t like and the further from the truth was that the constant roaring of both Rexy and Junior shows that they are getting territorial.

 

“If this animal is in fact infected how many humans are infected with this disease?” asked Cindy.

 

After the escape and the near death of some at least 56 people have been recorded being in the area and infected,” General Vitkiss replied.

 

Have there been precautions taken to protect the people in the area?” asked Gerry.

 

“There have been several patrols done by both the military and by the local police to quarantine the area in case but people are getting out all the time. Some are even being shot and or eaten by animals,” said General Vitkiss.

 

“Cindy have you found anything yet?” asked Henry.

 

“So far nothing yet even though the structure of it according to the files is like that of Prions the symptoms and how rapidly it spreads is like that of a Lyssavirus. So I would not be surprised if people think that bats are involved but so far what we had seen is only spread from contact with infected dinosaurs,” Cindy replied.

 

“What does the data say about the disease and why was it created?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

“Turns out that InGen was not the ones who created the disease,” said Cindy as she looked at both of them their faces were shocked.

 

“What? But those files were on InGen’s disks. If they didn’t create it then what or who did?” asked Henry who was shocked as she was.

 

I was looking through some of the files that you showed me and poured over every single disk. The data that you showed me is extensive and I have to say from the samples you’ve given me I think I might have found who actually created it,” Cindy replied.

 

“Who created it then?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

“Biosyn,” replied Cindy as she showed a screen from her computer to the projector above them. There the image of a page of one of the reports was given.

 

InGen had just started looking into ways to cure the disease when the hurricane hit. Then all hell broke loose when those mercenaries showed up,” Cindy said looking at the records on her files.

 

“So InGen was looking for a cure? Why did Biosyn create it in the first place?” asked Gerry.

 

“I think I can answer that one,” said General Vitkiss as he leaned closer, “The Soviets had hired Biosyn to come up with a super germ that can wipe out their enemies. A bioweapon that can kill without consequence. They wanted it as a way to deal with incursion or American influence. However when the Soviets broke up we thought the project destroyed. Now however with this we have evidence to prove that Biosyn was working with the Russians. That disease that you are trying to cure I bet you my cock that it is the one that was in the intelligence reports I was given. A biological weapon that can kill with almost certainty. Go ahead doc I didn’t mean to interrupt,” he said at the last minute.

 

 

Cindy shot him a glare before going back to her report, “Biosyn created it using the DNA of an ancient disease a recursor to Rabies and any known Lyssavirus. Hell it even predates Prions disease. I had to go through the files thoroughly to figure this out. But I seem to understand the structure of it now.” at this she presented another slide this one a picture of the disease under a microscope.

 

“This is a sample taken from Rosco, Alan Grant’s T-Rex who was infected with the disease,” as she said it she presented another slide.

 

And this is Rosco within the last two days,” she said smiling.

 

The slide looked totally different as if the disease was not even there. The black spots they saw were clearly marked by the doctor as the disease. However it as it turns out the new slide shows something extraordinary. The disease was starting to disappear. That meant more to the team then anything else.

 

“Cindy is that what I think I am seeing?” said Gerry.

 

Yes, after doing some research I found that the disease is in fact curable it just was not in any modern terms. The dinosaurs on Isla Sorna had no natural immunity to the disease because they had been imbued with the genetic code of modern species. That made their immune systems unable to see the threat when it appeared because this disease is an ancient one.” she showed another sample this one of Alan Grant and Robert Muldoon.

 

This is a sample of human tissue taken from Alan Grant and Robert Muldoon from the point they first came in. The infection was swift but steady. Due to its slow progressive nature the disease had to adapt to human physiology unlike that of a dinosaur. Humans being mammals are of a totally different concept to that of a dinosaur. To the Biosyn scientists have been altering the genetic code of the disease. They managed to do so to make it more adaptable to humans.” she then showed another slide this one of the disease as a drawing and that of a human.

 

“From what I was able to gather in such a short amount of time this disease progresses the same as that of Rabies. However the incubation time depends on the species. It is similar to Prions in the way it was distributed and how it is passed on. And InGen came close to coming up with a cure for the disease once they found out about it. The dinosaurs were the first effected that was why they were the ones who attacked. However due to the attack by Biosyn and American mercenaries things did not go as planned.” she said.

 

So let me get this straight Doctor, Biosyn created this for the Russians as a way to neutralize the Americans. However when the Soviet Union collapsed they abandoned the project and instead turned it on the dinosaurs that is what you are saying?” General Vitkiss said to her.

 

“Biosyn needed to get rid of the virus before the American Government knew of their involvement in the Cold War. So they turned the virus on their competitors InGen. By using their animals as a way to get rid of the virus they hoped the dinosaurs natural immune system would eliminate it once and for all,” she said.

 

“That is down right stupid and idiotic on both fronts!” said Gerry from his seat next to Henry.

 

I agree Dr. Harding,” Cindy replied as she showed another slide.


“What is this?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

I thought you should know this is the infection that was spread throughout Costa Rica as of the time before our arrival. The animals you see here are those that were smuggled in from the two islands all of them being distributed before leaving.” said Cindy.

 

“So they were smuggled off somewhere before the plague had a chance to infect them, how many people now are infected and where the animals have gone?” asked Gerry.

 

“Out of all the reports at least some of the smugglers have reported some of the animals being sick but none of them made it out of country yet. Those that did are healthy while those that aren’t remained here,” said Cindy.

 

“Do we have any details if these animals escaped?” asked Henry.

 

“All we know is that we need to find these animals and put them down,” said General Vitkiss.

 

And how are we going to find them?” asked Cindy, “As far as we know they could be anywhere. That one that the idiots in San Jose released? It could be anywhere that is why the animals here are agitated!”

 

While they were arguing Gerry could not help but look over some of the pictures of the disease. If proven true something was bound to happen, “Hey Cindy?” he asked.

 

“Yes?” she said stopping the triad.

 

“You said that Rosco was showing signs of recovery how so?” he asked.

 

“Well according to Henry’s notes on Dr. Grant’s dinosaurs Rosco and Nico are from a more pure strain of dinosaur DNA that was scraped up from years of research. The scientists that discovered it had been more through with their search for the purest genes. So my assumption is that Rosco has a natural immunity to the disease. Since this virus originated in the dinosaur era.” Cindy replied.

 

“So what your saying is that both species might have the cure?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

“We don’t know but I am studying to see if he has the antibodies we need to find a cure and hopefully save your friends,” she said.

 

If he does I want you to devise a vaccine to distribute to the people infected. Hopefully we can find a cure and eradicate this infection before the outbreak becomes an epidemic,” he said.

 

I am on it sir,” she said before she got up and left the meeting room. Henry and Gerry remained while General Vitkiss looked at them up and down. He gave a sigh before looking out the widow towards the animals below.

 

“Now from my understanding Dr. Grant has trained his animals in the art of tracking right?” he asked.

 

“Yes, from what I understand Alan took time off from studying bones to learn about animal training and maintenance. He even has a certification for professional animal training. So yes Alan Grant learned how to train six dinosaurs,” said Gerry.

 

“Are any of his animals able to track down our long lost rampaging dino?” Vitkiss asked.

 

“Spitz might be able to you know the one with the two crests. The pteranodon the one that flies? Well she is out of commission due to injury. His main trackers are out for obvious reasons. Tank the herbivore she is not built for stealth so she is out of commission and the small one is in the states,” said Gerry.

 

Then how the hell are we going to take down this piece of shit!” he said looking at them. They all looked down to see Rexy drinking from the watering hole and shaking herself before dipping her head in letting the water run down her back after lifting up. He looked at her with an idea in his mind.

 

 

FOUR HOURS LATER

 

 

 

You guys are absolutely INSANE!” said Cindy as several men tried to convince Rexy to go with them. The larger T-Rex wanted to sleep and she didn’t move a muscle. She only looked at them in amusement before closing her eyes.

 

“And how do you know she won’t get sick also?” asked Gerry as he held up a needle. It was filled with a vaccine that Cindy had made for the animals. He jabbed the needle into a spot that he knew was soft enough for it. Rexy never felt a thing as she looked at the men trying to get her to move. After injecting her Gerry hopes this slap tag meds work as he tapped her side. The animal then gotten up and looked at the vet.

 

Alright girl we are ready for you. Just need you to find our long lost friend,” he said holding up something.

 

It was taken from the crime scene they could tell by the amount of blood all over it.

 

General this animal was not trained like the other one is. Why not take Spitz? He’s trained in tracking but Rexy has only just started in her training to be better around people. If you do this it would only spell disaster,” said Gerry as Rexy sniffed the article of clothing. A soft growling could be heard as he said this.

 

“We need a blood hound and from what I read this animal is it,” he said and ordered the men to open the gates.

 

“You don’t know what you are doing General!” Henry shouted.

 

I need to find that other animal and I need your dinosaur to do it. And that is final!” he said and walked away. Rexy sniffed once more and raced out into the unknown. Gerry and Henry both looked at each other knowing that it is going to end very badly.

 

 

TBC

 

 

Notes:

Hey guys sorry it has been so long since I last wrote in this story but things have been hectic this year. 2021 has proven to kick me in the ass for the past several months. So hopefully you enjoy I trip back to Costa Rica after being in the States. Lets see what happens when Rexy is let loose. Until next time and remember to leave a review and no BASHINGS, LORE MONGERS OR FLAMES PLEASE!

Chapter 33: The T-Rex Carnival

Summary:

Rexy and Junior go out on the town and their will be shenanigans so stay tuned.

Notes:

Now as you all know my real life situation is a shit hole so when I do have the time to write I will write and post it here. Other then that it allows me time to come up with something new. Since we are in between the events of JP! And LWJP a lot of events have been going down since Jurassic Park closed permanently. As you can guess the DX virus is loose and people are getting sick. If you don’t know about the DX virus then you have not read the book. Me personally I had not read the book in over 20 years and had lost my copy when my mother threw it in the trash. So for a quick explanation DX stands for Dinosaur Extinction Virus. It was a virus that came about due to poor animal husbandry. Mostly in the pretense of food for the carnivores such as prions infected sheep and goats. These in tern infected the compys that eat their poop. They then bite the herbivores and you know how that goes.

Basically it was a prions based disease that in the novel would eventually kill off the dinosaurs. In my version I incorporated those characteristics into my story but with my own twist. Since Biosyn is willing to go that far into stealing others genetic creations for themselves and taking the credit. I thought it would be plausible to assume they had some things they created on their own such as the DX virus. Of course Biosyn is lazy in terms of safety and corrective practices as you probably already read in the last chapter. It was briefly explained how Biosyn created the virus as a sort of bioweapon against InGen and the dinosaurs. But instead of outright stealing it from InGen they discovered it as a fossil. An ancient species of disease that predates Rabies and other Lyssavirual diseases. I thought it was more fitting then what Micheal Chriton wrote in his novel.

Anyhow I hope this explanation helps a bit for those of you who don’t understand a thing. And I also hope that things will come more to light in the next chapter of two.

Alright now that, that is out of way time for more mayhem in another chapter of….

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

San Jose, Costa Rica

 

 

 

 

 

Screaming could be heard as people ran for their lives down the once busy street of San Jose, Costa Rica. People rush ed out of their cars and many more running into buildings as an enormous predator ran through the street. The animal ran at full speed chasing down cars and even some trucks. It crashed through several buildings and into several more cars before coming into the streets once more. Bodies lay everywhere as people and animals were slaughtered . Those that survived were quickly taken to a nearby shelter where they can later be taken to the hospital further down the road.

 

As the victims were coming in many of them were tested and treated for the DX virus. Those that were positive were taken to another room to be isolated from those that were negative. Even then they were kept under quarantine until further notice. All the while the police and the army are trying to put this mad animal down, but its rampage had proven that it could not be controlled. The news broadcasts were going off the charts with how many bullets and artillery were wasted in trying to kill it. But the virus only made it angrier as its bleeding form raged through the city . The government tried to keep it under wraps, but the amount of people hurt or killed by this animal has reached media from around the world. Luckily no one seen the animal yet, but that did not stop them from going b alistic with their news.

 

In the heat of it all was none other then General Vitkiss who has been put in charge of protecting the secrets or non-existent secrets of the dinosaurs. The animal has somehow gotten onto the local news and its image was enough to show that it was indeed a monster. Putting the news paper on the table he watched as the two men in front of him observed the image that is shown to them.

 

Oh shit!” said both said at the same time. If it was any other time the General would be laughing. Today however he is not laughing.

 

Ah fuck its an Allo!” Gerry Harding said as he looked at the photo.

 

A what?” asked the soldier who held up the newspaper.

 

Allosaurus one of our bigger carnivores and one that was going to be introduced later in the park,” said Gerry as he looked at the images. They did not look good at all and the amount of people either dead or infected continues to rise. Just as he said it another animal made itself known.

 

Rexy was busy sniffing the ground where the Allo had defecated. Her mouth was wide open at the scent and a hiss could be heard indicating she smelled something. As she walked through the streets who ever was left ran for their lives from the larger predator. Rexy then moved around sniffing and defecating showing that she now claims this territory. Not far behind Rexy, Junior also joined the party. The smaller T-Rex was busy exploring the shops that were vandalized and even breaking a few windows to see what she could find inside. Gerry and Henry had a hell of a time trying to keep her on track. Rexy then began to scratch alongside the buildings marking her scent as she sent a growl throughout the street. Parts of the buildings came crumbling with the amount of force being used to scratch.

 

Soldiers were quick to move away from the animal as she let out a piercing roar. It echoed across the empty streets as the Rex listened for any signs of the creature that roamed the roadways of the Nation’s Capital. As men moved out of the way many people who were not taken or eaten were watching from the safety of their shelters.

 

Gerry watched from his perch on the rooftops accompanied by Henry and Spitz. The Dilophosaur was a lot better behaved then his larger companions. Probably due to the fact he was trained to deal with this sort of situation. H e remained as he was constantly watching and not wishing to get involved. Yawning he laid his head on the ledge watching the proceedings down below. A huff was drawn to indicate his boredom.

 

Henry looked through his binoculars from his vantage point and he shook his head in shame, “These people do not deserve this,” he said to Gerry.

 

I know, and if we can find that Allo we need to put him down,” Gerry said knowing that there is no hope in helping the animal. It has caused enough damage and from what the videos have shown. Both men knew that the animal is in its final stages of the disease. The virus itself is dangerous and with that said they continued the hunt. Gerry hopes the antibiotics and the rabies shot he gave Rexy and Junior are enough. Spitz has also been given the vaccine though much earlier in his life. Alan had given Gerry the records of his animals health when they were investigating Nedry back on Nublar.

 

With a hoot and a chirp Spitz s uddenly rose up and so were the two men. His growl was eminent as his frill flapped with a slight rattle indicating his unease. Henry j umped in surprise when Rexy and Junior both roared in defiance of something.

 

“General something’s up have the men on alert,” said Gerry through his walkie.

 

Copy that,” was the reply. Both men hung up their walkies and looked around. Gerry kept his binoculars ready in case the Allo tried something.

 

Suddenly the bushes from a nearby park went off and both Rexy and Junior roared in c hallenge . But the only thing that came out were the birds and a group of city dwelling monkeys. Finding no challenge and seeing no threats b oth dinosaurs continued to trudge through the city. Spitz however was not deterred as he kept his eyes focused from his vantage point on the buildings. His eyes sharp as he looked towards the group of trees that separated the park from the people. It was his hooting that alerted the group that something was there.

 

Both Gerry and Henry also looked in the direction. It was only when Spitz raised his frill and it began to rattle that they knew they found it.

 

“We got eyes on the target,” said Gerry as he focused his binoculars and gotten his walkie. He informed the men where the dinosaur was. Both Rexy and Junior having heard Spitz returned to see for themselves. But as they gotten closer all they could hear was flies.

 

Sir, we found the runaway dinosaur….it’s dead,” said a soldier on the walkie. Gerry and Henry both sighed with relief at the sound of it.

 

Alright we will be there shortly make sure the cleanup crew has protective gear at all times and hazmat suits. This creature is carrying the disease,” Henry replied into the walkie.

 

Copy that,” before the line went dead. Both men sighed before they went about their way with Spitz following. Spitz gave a hoot as he slowly made his way towards the door that led down towards the ground level. Stopping only for a second to look around the Dilophosaur then proceeded to follow Gerry and Henry back down towards the ground level.

 

 

SOMETIME LATER

 

It was not till a half an hour later that found the group in front of the corpse. Already there were people taking samples of the creature’s saliva and blood. Another was taking tissue samples as well as taking bits of contents from its already engorged stomach. Spitz not liking the stench remained back and away from the body. The Allosaur had died from the massive bullet hole in its chest cavity. From the looks of it someone had a bazooka. But who? There was no sound of an explosion...unless.

 

“Does anyone own any high powered rifles with explosive rounds?” asked Gerry remembering Muldoon’s lessons on weaponry.

 

“Yeah, figured someone else might have taken the shot,” said General Vitkiss looking at the wound.

 

“You think that might have killed it?” asked Henry.

 

Positive, see the size of this hole and how clean it is? This was done by a .50 caliber rifle, the shot went clean through to the heart. That was probably what finally killed it. This part by the head with the brains must have been a second shot. Whoever killed it was an expert shot. Probably from one of the local cartels here in the city. I bet they are still here. If this animal’s snot has gotten into any of the drinking water then the whole block might be contaminated. We have to make sure that does not happen. In the mean time you boys get your dinos back to the compound. We will handle the clean up and get these samples to Dr. Bradshaw for further analysis.” General Vitkiss said. Both men nodded before Henry looked to Gerry, “Any Idea where the Rexes have gone?” he asked.

 

 

“I have no idea...let’s just find them before something else happens,” Gerry said sounding worried. Henry had to agree with him.

 

 

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

 

In what was once a convenience store a woman sat there in the corner with her two children. Both of them nearing their teen years. The eldest a boy about twelve held onto his mother tightly while his sister clung to their father who also held onto his wife. The family along with their baby resided in a small home just on the second floor of an apartment building. They were awoken when the monsters started rampaging through their street. First was the one with the drooling mouth. Now this one in front of them.

 

They all held their breath daring not to move as the creature sniffed about their small store. The animal was a monster wanting to destroy their home in search of something. As it did so they had forgotten the smallest of their family. An infant that was only a few months old sleeping off to the side unaware of the creature that lurked inside their home.

 

The animal sniffed as it held its snout just inches away from the children’s faces. They had their view of the very large teeth just in front of them. The rotting breath coming out in huge gusts of air.

 

Suddenly the sound of something sniffing and cackling alerted the parents immediately to the smallest of the family. The little infant had been starting to awaken from the sounds of the monster. A low growl could be heard as the infant then started scream for its mother. Just as the infant started to cry it startled the large animal as it lifted its head in alarm. The entire roof and the building above began to cave in as the family started to scream in terror.

 

 

NOT TOO FAR AWAY

 

 

Spitz’s roar of danger alerted both Henry and Gerry to what was going on. The roar of Rexy and the sounds of screaming people alerted the group to the location of their missing dinosaurs.

 

“Oh shit!” said Henry.

 

“Fuck!” cursed Gerry and both men along with Spitz and a few soldiers rode their jeeps towards the commotion.

 

Just as they rounded the corner Rexy was busy chasing a family of five down the street. All the while Junior was having the time of her life terrorizing others into running. Already she was chasing a group of what appears to be gang members as they tried to shoot her down. The experienced juvenile knew about guns and avoided them all while trying to take down the jeep.

 

The people that were still in the streets were clearly in a panic now that their homes are being terrorized by two very large and very agitated dinosaurs. Henry turned towards General Vitkiss who was just as startled as they were, “We told you,” he said to him.

 

But you said they were trained!” Vitkiss said.

 

No we said only the male was trained, the females were in the beginning stages of being socialized and then trained. You can’t expect them to behave General. We tried to warn you and now look at what you’ve done,” Henry replied.

 

Just as he finished saying it Rexy barged into a half made float for a parade event and smashed it to nothing. She then gotten caught on some of the cables and began to thrash violently. Junior was busy going through a florist trying to find something interesting to play with. Spitz remained by the men and his frill was flapping in agitation. He tried calling to them but the two larger predators were too busy causing mayhem to listen.

 

The general sighed before going to his radio. He began to b ark orders in Spanish before he turned to the two men.

 

Well since tranquilizers are the only things to get them down how are we going to get them back to the compound?” he asked them.

 

It was then that Spitz suddenly shrieked as he let his frill fill out all the way. It rattled a warning causing all three of them to turn suddenly towards the commotion.

 

It was apparent that Rexy discovered a drug ring for gunshots were being fired at a rapid rate. The sight of white powder was a sure sign that something went down. It was then followed by very loud gunshots meaning that the people inside had more then hand guns. This agitated the T yrannosaurs even more as Junior suddenly rammed into the building. All three men watched as the massive dinosaur managed to catch one man and threw him towards the building next door . All they could do is watch in shock as Rexy r ammed into the building again. This time the entire complex caved in while both Rexes moved away from the rubble. The group could only watch as those that remained alive screamed in terror as both dinosaurs began to feast.

 

 

SAN JOSE COMPOUND

 

 

Now when all this was going on there was one person watching them from the sidelines. Two if you included one of the hospital patients currently in a cast. Both Ian Malcolm and Ray Arnold watched the scenes unfold in front of them. Ian with his eyes rounded by the amount of terror that the Rexes are bringing and Ray with the amount of damage done to the Cartel.

 

Shit if all I needed was a dinosaur to destroy the drug dealers in my home town I should have gotten Rexy to do it long ago,” he joked while enjoying a cigarette. After Frankie had left for the states the African American man enjoyed a fresh smoke for the first time in a while. All the while Ian looked to him with disdain on his face.

 

“Now Ray do you really have to smoke so many boom sticks in one go?” he asked him.

 

“Shut up Ian! I can finally enjoy a good smoke after dealing with that little shit for God knows how long,” he said while taking a puff. As if to prove a point he blew a puff of smoke directly at Ian’s face.

 

Ian g lared at him before going back to watching the carnage unfold. His gaze was glued to the one large screen while Ray went to work on the computer systems. Computer monitors were set up to protect the people and the dinosaurs in the compound. Ray was adamant about it . He insisted that he take control of the computer systems as his fingers played across the keyboard. His mind going a million miles a minute trying get back to the task he was doing before all hell broke loose in the city. So distracted was he that he failed to see Ian come up behind him until the man was looking over his shoulder.

 

“So what are you doing Ray?” asked Ian looking at the screen. Hoping to distract himself from the events that went on in the city.

 

“Well since Jurassic Park is pretty much a goner, Vitkiss wanted us to look into the thefts of the dinosaurs from our facilities. Some of them had already reached the open market, but he wanted us to focus more on these,” with that he showed Ian on one of the screens a man’s face with three Raptors being mistreated. Ian’s eyes widened at the sight of the raptors and what the men there were using them for.

 

“Don’t they realize that what they are messing with has no intentions of ever obeying them for long?” asked Ian.

 

“My thoughts exactly,” said Ray as the typed in a few more codes and a smile lit his face.

 

The image changed to that of the raptors actively hunting a man inside the enclosure. To their surprise that man was then killed and eaten by the raptors. But as they eat they showed signs of sickness something that Ian remembers Alan mentioning more then once.

 

“Say, your animals are they always allergic to human blood?” asked Ian.

 

“I had remembered Wu mentioning that the chemicals in the human body is what makes the dinosaurs sick. Chemicals that we digest such as pesticides and fertilizers make us toxic to them because they never had the chance to adapt to the changes unlike modern animals. And the clothes we wear are also un-digestible making them get horrible reactions to us.” Ray replied.

 

“So humans are toxic to dinosaurs,” said Ian.

 

“Yeah that’s pretty much it. That is why we gave them the diet they had it was not because we were cheap, but it was easier for them to digest and not get sick,” replied Ray.

 

“So why is this asshole giving them human flesh something the raptors are clearly getting sick off of,” Ian replied.

 

“No clue, my guess is that he does not know or doesn’t care about their welfare. If we can get them back to the islands and rehabilitate them then it would help. But my worry is those collars and the shock treatment he is doing. Muldoon mentioned raptors having long memories. I bet they are waiting for the chance to tear that muther fucker to pieces,” Ray said.

 

“Nature is not meant to be contained the way he has. At least you guys had started going in the right direction with Alan’s help. And while I was in bed I looked up Alan’s property in Montana and to say that I am impressed is an understatement. Maybe I would endorse you park if you ran it the way he runs his ranch,” Ian said as he looked at the monitors more. Ray had to agree, Jurassic Park had the right intentions but how they did it was wrong. The animals should have been socialized and allowed to run free not kept in cages. Alan had posted signs along his ranch warning people of the dangers of the dinosaurs which were well heeded with the nearby town’s help. The dinosaurs were not rampaging monsters and in fact kids get to be near a carnivore and not fear them. Because the dinosaurs chose to do so. It was something he had not anticipated when he wrote his chaos theory. But then again it was the unexpected that drew his attention to the last part.

 

He wanted something to prove his theory right but this? It threw it completely out of proportion. The possibilities are endless. Chaos has been unleashed and he is a the front lines trying to deal with it. He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he did not notice until Ray started to curse that something happened.

 

What is it?” Ian asked.

 

“I just figured out what whte_rbt.obj is!” he said smiling, “Lex you are a genius!” he said as he turned to Ian.

 

“What?” Ian asked confused.

 

When Ray figured out that Ian was confused he waved him over to show him the computer screen he was working on. Pointing he said with a smile, “You see this?” he said pointing.

 

Ian saw the lines of code and saw what Ray was pointing at. It was a single line with a small code on it. Confused he turned towards Ray, “What is this line, I don’t understand it at all,” he said.

 

“This here my dear Dr. Malcolm is the reason why Jurassic Park’s computer systems failed. This here is a back door program code. It is a way for hackers or anyone else to get in. I had Lex help me with the lines of code for a while. In fact she just called not too long ago with a reference to Alice in Wonderland. So when I looked at the code again just now it all clicked into place,” Ray said smiling.

 

“Alice in Wonderland….wait are you referring to the part of the story where….?” Ian said shocked to see the look of total glee on Ray’s face.

 

“Exactly! The white rabbit from the story is the same as this line of code. Nedry used this as a way for him to get into the system and destroy the security. What he failed to realize is that the security is not only linked to the power in the Visitor’s Center, but the entire park’s fence and animal security network. He was not here when the first programmers did this. I programmed the system myself making sure that the network works as one unit. Because the power grid could only do so much until we got that separate power station up and running. I was not happy about using geothermal energy because a lot of factors can go wrong.” Ray said as he rubbed his hands in glee.

 

 

“So what you are saying is that Nedry used this, ‘back door,’ to hack into the security systems in order to steal the embryos?” asked Ian.

 

“Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. The thing he never figured out was how the security was linked. He only knew how to turn it on and off. By doing so he used this back door to get into the main park after he had stolen the embryos. He was sloppy in a sense but it worked out in the end because he managed to steal the embryos and make it as far as he did. His other mistake was of course beating poor Spitz and kidnapping Jessica Harding. And we all know where that went,” Ray finished allowing Ian to flinch at what Jessie had told him had happened out in the park. The incident was not something he would want to remember.

 

 

“Ok so now we know how he did it do you know why?” Ian asked.

 

“One simple thing, money,” and Ray produced something from the side and to Ian’s surprise it was a leather bag. Handing it to the Mathematician, Ian was surprised at how heavy it was. Opening it up he was shocked to see a whole lot of money inside.

 

“What the hell is this?” he asked Ray.

 

That was Nedry’s down payment for getting the embryos off the island. When I was looking through the employee apartments, being Nedry’s boss I have access to his rooms. When I got there I found letters corresponding to his so called espionage. Later after Alan and Robert went to Sorna, Gerry and I went to investigate the jeep that Nedry used. I found this inside as well as Nedry’s coprse. I of course informed Hammond of my findings into Nedry’s wrong doing. He is currently working at how Nedry got involved with Biosyn and why. As of this moment InGen is also investigating all of its computer analysis including myself and found a whole lot of holes with its interview process,” Ray replied.

 

“Wow, looks like they have a lot of cleanup work to do,” Ian replied as he went over to the nearby coffee machine to get him something to drink. Hobbling back he sat down as Ray typed away at the lines of code.

 

“So now that we know why he did it and how the question I want to ask is what do we do from here on out?” Ian said.

 

“Well the Costa Riccan government has asked us to help them clean up so that is what we are going to do. After the mess Nedry has made to screw things up,” said Ray as he typed away at the computer hoping to correct the code Nedry has done.

 

“Well I better get back to bed, the nurse is going to wonder where I went as far as wondering off,” Ian said getting up and getting his crutches.

 

Ray waved goodbye when Ian walked out while at the same time keeping an eye out for anything else that happens to drop by.

 

 

MEANWHILE BACK ON THE STREETS

 

 

Rexy’s roar led to a mass panic as people ran down the streets. This was not boding well at all for the group trying to round them up. They headed towards the district with the tourists. After being shot at by the cartels Gerry and Henry knew that if they reached that area it would be mass hysteria.

 

“Ah fuck we have the annual Carnival event with the guys coming in from Brazil to do the festival!” said a rather portly man that stood near Gerry and Henry. Spitz growled at the sight of the man with his sweaty shirt and messy appearance. The food stains on his shirt showed that this man loved to eat and was interrupted by the chaos that the tyrannosaurs caused.

 

Gerry placed his hand on Spitz’s back to calm him down while the man turned white at the sights of the dilophosaur. His frill rattled but was not raised showing his agitation.

 

“Governor we are doing all we can...” Vitkiss said to him.

 

“Don’t give me that shit senor Vitkiss, it was your idea to put those animals on the trail of the now dead monster and look what happened!” the Governor said his rage was clearly evident by the amount of damage the dinosaurs had brought.

 

“Look sir we have the situation under control,” Vitkiss replied to the shouts in both Spanish and heavily accented English.

 

“They warned you senor, they warned you!” he said and held his hands to his head when Rexy smashed yet another building trying to get to what ever it was that was bothering her.

 

“Well we can sit here panicking or we can try to calm her down and bring her back,” said Gerry as he looked over at the rampaging dinosaurs. His mind racing as he tried to think up an idea on how to stop the rampage. As he put his hands into his pockets to get at the rag he kept there to wipe his brow. His hand felt something rather large and hard. Pulling it out his eyes widened at the sight in front of him.

 

“How are we going to get them back?” asked Vitkiss. He sounded desperate now that even more screams could be heard.

 

“With this,” Gerry said holding out a cassette tape player.

 

Henry’s eyes widened with realization, “Gerry you asshole you’re a genius!” he was more then excited to see such as sight. It was Alan Grant’s cassette recorder. Gerry smirked as he looked at it, “I asked Alan if I could borrow it for sometime a few weeks back. Robert and I were studying how the dinosaurs communicate and what vocalizations were used for what purpose. The ones I managed to take with me were the ones for the dinosaurs we currently have. That was how I determined that both Spitz and Nico were both males.” he said while Spitz tilted his head while sniffing the hand that held the recorder. Gerry’s smirk grew as he realize that Spitz might know what that thing is and what it is used for.

 

“Now can you tell me how that tape recorder would help us solve this problem boys?” asked Vitkiss. He gave them a dirty look to show his annoyance at what the two InGen workers were thinking. As if to aggravate him even further Gerry pressed a button.

 

The sound that came from the recording was very low almost too low for humans to hear. But Gerry being the veterinarian he was has to deal with these sort of calls on a daily basis. But Henry being the man who is more down to earth was ahead of this scenario.

 

Gerry we need to amplify this sound before either of them could cause further destruction,” he said to Gerry.

 

“I know but what do we use that hasn’t been destroyed?” he said and the sound of someone shouting over a loudspeaker broke the short silence. Both men looked down to see a modified truck driving by reassuring the people that all is well. The man who was speaking into the microphone was of course speaking Spanish but the two men looked at each other at the same time, they both had an idea.

 

 

 

 

SOMETIME LATER

 

 

“I hope you know what you are doing Senor?” said the driver as they drove directly towards the T-Rexes. Both Rexy and Junior have really trashed the eastern side of the city leaving the western side still in tact. In fact the Cartels have tried with mini guns to get at the much larger dinosaurs. But Rexy was having none of it. Already Gerry could see many bullet holes coming out of her side from the more high powered guns. Junior was feeling the slag as the juvenile was starting to become more strained.

 

“Ok, are you ready?” Henry said to Gerry as the man readied a tranq gun that he thankfully procured before leaving. Spitz remained in the back the dilophosaur has his mouth hanging with this tongue hanging out like a dog.

 

“Alright, I am ready,” said Gerry as he aimed directly at Junior since she is the easiest to deal with.

 

Henry hit the button to the loudspeaker and then pushed the cassette into the player. When it started to play the sounds of another tyrannosaur became evident. Both carnivores stopped running and turned. Their attention at the truck and the loudspeaker attached to it. All three men noticed Rexy had some white powder on her snout and her left eye was twitching. In fact she was rather unsteady on her feet when she turned. Junior also has white powder on her snout.

 

Both Henry and Gerry looked at each other with fear on their faces.

 

“Oh shit!” they said at the same time. The driver taking this as his cue turned the truck around and began to floor it down the street back the way they came. Rexy and Junior both gave chase while Spitz peeked from the truck bed. At the sight of Rexy’s teeth so near him he quickly ducked back down to safety. Both Gerry and Henry held on as the Rexes gave chase. The driver of the truck a man in his thirties thankfully knew how to maneuver such a vehicle. The two dinosaurs ran at them snapping their jaws and doing consistent roaring getting everyone’s attention.

 

“What the fuck is that stuff on them and why are they acting so crazy?” asked the driver.

 

“Well if I didn’t say any better I’d just say they had their first dose of cocaine,” replied Gerry as the man steered around an overturned vehicle.

 

“There! Go there!” Henry pointed after finally noticing the street sign.

 

“Wha…..” the man said before Junior came into view in front of him with her mouth wide open. The man had just enough time to get out of the way as she stumbled and fell. Rexy not watching where she was going tripped on the fallen Junior and both did a very comical roll into a nearby building. The sounds of loud music could be heard as the lights of the building turned on and the store name lit up.

 

They thankfully had the streets emptied prior to this so it made driving back to the compound a lot easier. When the building and the fences came into view after about ten minutes of driving through the s treets and into the jungle . Both Gerry and Henry waved to the guards who quickly opened the doors. Then they ducked back into their shelter just as Junior ran through past the gate along with a stumbling Rexy. Thankfully the holding pen where the dinosaurs were kept is surrounded by natural borders reinforced with electrified fencing.

 

Just as the truck slammed back into the enclosure startling Tank and Sarah who both remained behind all three men and the dilophosaur scrambled out just in time. Rexy came barreling in first followed by a now drowsy Junior. Both of them seemed to stand before finally falling into the watering hole. It was with luck that Rexy’s head had not submerged but Junior was an entirely different matter.

 

“Quickly!” shouted Gerry as a team ran out one of them thankfully going for the crane that was nearby just in case. It eased into the watering hole and the people hurried to get them tied up and out. When they got them onto hard ground General Vitkiss came roaring in accompanied by the Governor.

 

“What the fuck happened Harding!” Vitkiss complained.

 

“Sorry sir, but it seems as if the Rexes have encountered their first taste of cocaine,” he said looking at the white noses of both Rexy and Junior.

 

“How the fuck did that happen,” Vitkiss asked as he looked at them both in bafflement.

 

“Well if I had to guess I would say that they probably had it thrown at them by one of the cartels,” Henry replied. He had meant for it to be a joke but the execution of it came out wrong. Both Gerry and Vitkiss looked at Henry strangely and the Asian man gave a shrug.

 

“So now what?” asked Vitkiss.

 

“Well first off I need to clean that crap off of them. And then second I need to check their vitals. Such large amounts of that sort of drug can be dangerous and deadly. My father died from a drug overdose so I would know what it is like,” Gerry replied.

 

“Well I will leave you two to deal with them while I deal with cleaning up this mess and dealing with the Governor.” Vitkiss sighed as he walked towards the jeep where the Governor was standing as well as another Hispanic man that both Gerry and Henry never encountered.

 

It was just then that a nearly white blur sped past Gerry and leaped onto Henry. Tien made himself known as he continuously licked Henry’s face. The other man laughed as the black tongue and constant nuzzling by Tien made the man nearly choke on his laughter. Another shadow made itself known and Rosie pounced on him holding her talons back so that he had known that she was only playing. Laughing Henry rolled around with his two ‘children’ while Gerry spoke with the Governor.

 

“I am deeply sorry for the damage our animals has brought to you sir,” he said and the man sighed.

 

“You are not to blame senor this man here!” he pointed to Vitkiss whose face just went purple with anger.

 

He is the reason why my city is in ruins! You told him and I told him and others have told him that it was a bad idea for such animals to be let loose, but he never listens to me! You are lucky senor that I don’t kill off the rest of them because of your blundering!” The Governor screeched in Spanish.

 

“Well look at is this way Governor sir, you don’t have to worry about the Cartels anymore,” Cindy said as she walked out of the compound. In her hand held a sampling kit and she was ready to use it. Walking towards Spitz she turned to the two InGen workers for advice on how to extract saliva from Spitz.

 

“Oh that one is easy,” Gerry said and clapped his hands together and opened them up. Spitz opened his mouth after a few times and Tien copied the other dinosaur.

 

“Oh good at least I don’t have to convince this one to open his mouth,” she said as she took a sample of Tien’s saliva as well. Turning back towards the compound she waved at Henry wishing him good luck before disappearing.

 

“What was that about?” asked Vitkiss.

 

“I have no idea,” Gerry replied.

 

“Oh I do,” said Henry smiling as he gave Tien some caresses, “I have been training Tien how to open his mouth so I don’t get bitten while feeding him and Rosy. Remember Tien is venomous so his bites would kill me otherwise.” with that Tien stayed by his side while Rosie went to drink water at the watering hole.

 

Gerry sighed, “Well I better get my kit and start extracting the bullets. And from the looks of it Junior needs some surgery done near her eye,” with that he went to the compound to get to work while Henry returned to his apartment.

 

 

 

SOMETIME LATER

 

 

It was about two hours later after both Henry and Gerry had gotten cleaned up. They were in Henry’s apartment with Ray and surprisingly Ian joined them. Having escaped his nurses yet again Ian Malcolm decided he wanted to see what the fuss was about. There is a large bottle of tequila on the table that Henry pulled out of his pantry. The four men decided that a drink was what they needed to end the day. Outside both Rexy and Junior were fast asleep having come down from their drug induced high.

 

“You are tell me that those two, (he pointed to Rexy and Junior) have raided a Cartel nest and somehow ate their entire stash of cocaine?” Ray said surprised when both Henry and Gerry replayed what had happened in the middle of town.

 

Yeah, that is pretty much what we think happened. General Vitkiss got his ass chewed for letting untrained dinosaurs out into the city by the Governor and surprisingly the President. He is also being billed for the damages caused by the said dinosaurs. Oh and by the way it wasn’t one Cartel nest it was several,” replied Henry.

 

Ian whistled when he heard this story and had to wonder how in the world the dinosaurs could react to such a drug without dying. He scratched his head and even voiced it out loud. The others looked at each other before they burst out laughing. Ian had to think for a few seconds before he too burst into laughter at the irony of it all.

 

“Well I got to say that drugs even effects dinosaurs,” said Gerry as he grabbed his glass of tequila that he had on the table. He lifted it up as if to give a toast, “Let’s just hope that they learned their lesson about raiding drug nests next time,” he said as he took a shot from his glass.

 

“Oh yes, I sure as hell don’t want to repeat what happened today that is for sure,” replied Henry as he took a drink from his glass.

 

“You know this all would make for one hell of a story to tell Alan when he wakes up,” said Ian as he leaned back against the chair. His crutches off to the side.

 

“Fuck Alan! What about Muldoon! I swear to God he is going to freak out when he hears about this!” Ray said laughing as he then reached into his pocket and pulled something out. He then placed it on the table for the others to see. When they all looked at it they were surprised that it was a bunch of photographs of both Rexy and Junior.

 

“Ray, where the fuck did you get these?” asked Gerry surprised.

 

“Oh that is easy that truck you both borrowed to lure the Rexes back into the pen. Well, that has a camera on it. It is used to take pictures of the carnivals and shit like that. So I asked the driver if he had any photos. He forgotten that the cameras were on a timer and takes pictures every two minutes or so,” Ray replied laughing.

 

All four men looked at the photos that Ray produced and burst out laughing at the rather hilarious pictures of both Rexy and Junior covered in coke. Though when they looked at it better they could see the blood on both Rexy and Junior’s faces from the many bullets that the cartels shot at them.

 

“I am surprised that no one shot them in the eye?” asked Ian.

 

“Well one of them did. Thankfully I was able to save the eye before I had to amputate it,” said Gerry looking at the image of a bleeding Junior.

 

“It was lucky that none of them had high powered rifles unlike the guys who took out the Allo,” said Ray as he took a shot from his glass.

 

“Well thank God for that!” replied Gerry not wanting to think about the fate of the Allosaurus.

 

“Did they eat anyone?” asked Henry as he looked through the photos of the destroyed carnival floats and thrashed streets.

 

“Yeah, they did unfortunately and I hate to say it but they are going to feel like shit in the morning,” said Gerry with some amusement to his voice.

 

 

While all the men were laughing a knock suddenly sounded from the door. Henry stood up to answer it thinking it was probably Cindy coming in to wish him good night. However upon opening the door he was surprised to see General Vitkiss at the door along with the Governor of San Jose.

 

“Gentlemen how can we help you?” he asked and invited them in.

 

“Gentlemen we have a major problem on our hands one that you are not going to like,” Vitkiss said and the four of them just knew that the day could not end on a good note...just this once.

 

 

TBC

 

 

Notes:

Ok I apologize for the cliffhanger but I thought I would leave it at that. Things in my life are happening so updates on all my stories are going to be a bit more off then usual until I get things settled. For right now I thought this would be a bit fun to write until then. I hope this will keep you all entertained so until next time and please leave a review but no FLAMES, BASHINGS OR LORE MONGERS PLEASE!

On the side note I will try to post at least two chapters a week till both here and Wattpad are caught up with the main bulk of the story on fanfiction.net. So that way i am not backtracking. Anyhows peace out and aloha!

Chapter 34: The Cure

Summary:

Cindy Henry's girlfriend makes a breakthrough

Notes:

Ok as stated before This was originally published on Fanfiction.net under the same title. And now I have the time to transfer it here and on Wattpad. So here we are at the game changer of the story. so enjoy it while I do this major chapter dump.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

 

 

 

 

LABORATORIES COMPLEX COSTA RICA

 

 

 

While all the events that have been happening outside are finally settling down, one person was still hard at work. Dr. Cindy Bradshaw is currently working on trying to find a cure to the DX virus. Working nearly nonstop she was nearly on a breakthrough. So far the only one who is showing signs of resistance is Rosco the T-Rex. The large carnivore’s blood sample shows amazing signs of fighting off the virus. Something Cindy is hoping for in an animal. If he can completely cure himself then Cindy just might have a chance. But so far the disease is proving itself difficult to contain and control. The human population in this city is falling to the disease just by being bitten or scratched by that runaway dinosaur. Thankfully after they had brought the carcass back Cindy was able to take some fresh samples for research and her findings are nothing short of an astonishment.

 

So was your theory proven right?” said a voice and Cindy turned to see one of the other pathologists currently working on the project with her. He was a man from another part of Costa Rica who specializes in the study of diseases, but so far the man had proven to be quite an idiot.

 

“Yes it has Alejandro this pathogen has proven to be a predecessor of the Lyssavirus that plagues countries around the world. In other words the ancestor of the Rabies virus.” she said with gritted teeth. It was the tenth time she told this man that her theories is correct. Thankfully the others are not idiots like this man was.

 

“It is amazing to see that this prehistoric disease work into the immune systems of other species other then dinosaurs,” said the second scientist next to Alejandro named Miguel. At least Miguel knew his trade when it came to diseases and it helped Cindy a lot when it came to this crisis.

 

“Yes, that is correct to say that this disease could travel as fast as it does and jump species is very strange Miguel, but my question is how and why? I mean this illness is supposed to be like a prions and it was said to have been passed down into the dinosaurs systems by way of ingestion. At least by the carnivores anyways. And that it is passed down from the carnivores to the herbivores via their feces and the plants that grow from it. But how did it have similar properties of prions but yet have the symptoms of a Lyssa? The characteristics are there unless at some point in time they split into the two different groups. This could prove to be an evolutionary step back for any sort of disease!” Cindy said to him as he looked at another slide in the microscope.

 

“Are you sure? I mean the cure is a long ways off right? The nature of this disease baffles even me. But if this disease is in fact a predecessor to the more modern viruses we could look at the blue prints that this thing has. Maybe we can find a cure that way.” Miguel said to her.

 

“If I had known some stupid genetics company was going to pull this shit on us we could have had this thing handled. Instead we have a disease that evolves on a revolutionary scale and probably an ancestor to many modern known viruses.” Cindy showed her disbelief.

 

“I know, but how can we fight something that evolves at an astonishing rate,” Miguel said sadly.

 

“Maybe we need to find a niche somewhere where the disease can harm no one...you know like the Lyssa for example likes to go for the nervous system or the prions the brains.” said Alejandro.

 

Alejandro idiota ambos atacan el sistema nervioso!” said Miguel finally having enough of his partner’s antics. Both men stared at each other with heated hatred. It finally a third Spanish voice who finally found reason.

 

“Juro que si los escucho nuevamente explotaré. Cindy, ¿podríamos tomar un descanso? al menos por la noche? Es tarde y todos estamos cansados.” The voice belonged to the only other female member of the team sent to deal with the outbreak. Cindy remembers her as Dr. Maria Espaniola a woman who was born and raised here. And she is the top of her field when it comes to tropical diseases in the region. At least she is focused on her task and not on the idiocy of this whole development.

 

“Ok, I guess, Miguel can you tell her that we are calling it quits for the night. I think she is right and we all need some sleep,” she said. Miguel was happy to translate to the Hispanic woman who nodded. She then grabbed her things and headed out the door. Poor Maria had to deal with this epidemic as well as Cindy. But for the other woman it hit closer to home. Her son is one of the victims currently on the hospital bed. His life is slowly slipping away at any given moment. Thankfully he was vaccinated for rabies a few months back so it helped to slow the disease down but not stop it. From what she saw any vaccination is a slow down for the DX virus but not a cure.

 

They were running out of time.

 

As she walked out she finally noticed how tired she really was. Not caring for any sort of nourishment Cindy headed straight for her apartment. Unlike the one the men occupied where they have direct access to the dinosaurs. Cindy’s is on the second floor next to Gerry. As she got in she saw that the window was closed just as she left it and the lights were off. Turning them on her room was exactly as it was clean and spotless.

 

She helped herself to some water before heading into the shower. As she was bathing she failed to notice the door opening from the patio. She also didn’t notice the shadow that passed through the curtains and into the bedroom. The sounds of sniffing could be heard as a lone figure slowly made its way to the bed.

 

It was only a few minutes later when she came out of the shower that Cindy finally noticed something was not right with her room. For starters the large doors the led to the balcony were open and a gentle breeze filled the room. She slowly went to where she kept her pistol next to the bathroom door. Reaching in she felt for the familiar weapon as she walked into the bedroom.

 

The sounds of something sniffing in the room drew her attention. As she turned on the lights the sight that startled her was unlike anything she had seen before.

 

There on the bed was Tien, Henry’s dinosaur raising his head in alarm at her before settling down for a nap. The Troodon was starting to grow more feathers as the spines that had recently taken hold on the smaller dinosaur had started to burst open. He looked like an outright mess at first but Cindy figured that he is going through a stage right now.

 

“You don’t belong in here!” she said, but Tien ignored her. The Troodon enjoyed sleeping on her bed and from the scratching that he was doing enjoying his time making his new nest.

 

“Seriously!” she said and went to the phone to get Henry to remove his animal. But when she dialed his room number there was no answer.

 

“Shit! He must still be at the labs,” she said to him.

 

Tien raised his head at her and yawned revealing his sharp deadly teeth. Cindy was taken back by the size of them as well as the size of his claws. She keeps forgetting that this animal is very dangerous...and didn’t Henry tell her that he is venomous?

 

“Um...good boy,” she said to him which Tien only gave her a lazy look as he purred. He then curled up again and resumed sleeping. Cindy raised her hands up in protest and tried to call Henry or maybe Gerry to help her, but no one responded. Finally she managed to get through to security about a dinosaur in her room, but the only response is that they are supposed to have free reign of the apartments.

 

Sighing in resignation Cindy gave up and tried to move around Tien to get to her clothes. The Troodon raised his head and cocked it to the side with a curious chirp.

 

“Look I don’t know how you got into my room, but you are not supposed to be here without Henry,” she said with nervousness.

 

Tien gave her a chirp before walking up to her. The sniffed her slowly before making a cry that sounded like a cat wanting attention. She backed away in fear as he sniffed her and rubbed himself against her.

 

Cindy then remembered Henry introducing her to Tien and it finally occurred to her that he probably wants some attention.

 

“Oh alright!” she said and began to stroke him much to the dinosaur’s delight. Tien enjoyed being stroked as she remembered owning a bird and how to stroke a bird. She played with his proto-feathers and watched as they split open with each touch.

 

The white ones are ok to break the black ones are not, she thought as she broke through them. Tien only purred when she did this and enjoyed the attention. Yawning he fell asleep on her lap as she finished getting dressed and making something to eat. Sitting down she stroked him again enjoying the contact. The dinosaur was an enigma to her sure Henry told her that he had imprinted on both he and Rosie but to touch one outside of Henry’s sight.

 

“You are strange,” she said to him.

 

The nocturnal dinosaur only opened one lazy eye at her. She looked at the slitted eye for a second the nearly ember eyes looked directly into her soul. She gasped at how they shown like jewels as the dark slit opened and closed while looking at her with curiosity. She then gotten a good look at the dinosaur in question. He had a nearly white skin pattern with dark stripes and a red underbelly. However from what Henry told her the other day the troodon back on Isla Nublar had large round eyes that look almost insect like and have the look of near blindness. But one would be fooled to think that way.

 

Troodon from what she had understood was the creation of Amanda Sorkin, Henry’s rival in the genetics labs back on Isla Nublar. She wanted the animals to be more pure then that of what Henry had used. The only difference is that somehow Sorkin used insect DNA to mend the broken genes together. Tien is an animal who has no signs of the splicing in it. It was as if the Troodon have shed their insect characteristics for a more pure strain.

 

Now however she knew that she was in for some strange interactions when Tien rubbed his side against her like a cat. She stroked him again enjoying the comfort the dinosaur was giving her.

 

“Oh I get it! I understand now you want me to give you comfort since your daddy is not here is that right,” she said giving in. She wondered where the other dinosaur Rosie went? The raptor had not gone far or did she? Who knows with these two. Henry told her that they were like a pack, but somehow it did seem strange that Tien would come in like this.

 

Cindy sighed as she got ready for bed. Going into the bedroom she was surprised to see Tien follow into the room. The dinosaur had no intentions of letting her sleep alone as if he could sense something was up.

 

Crawling into bed Cindy tried to stay as far away from Tien as possible. She could not sleep on the couch for it was very uncomfortable in this heat to sleep on. She made due with dealing with the predator. As she slept she kept having this creepy feeling that she was being watched.

 

She turned towards Tien but the dinosaur was not looking at her. Instead he started to growl low in his throat his pupils were thin slits and his teeth bared. Getting up alarm Cindy was surprised to see a man standing there with a gun.

 

“What do you want?” she said holding her sheets to her.

 

The man just walked into the room with a gun and aimed at at her. He failed to see Tien when the troodon leaped at him teeth and claws out.

 

Suddenly there was a gunshot, but it missed as it hit the wall. Cindy quickly turned on the lights to see the man and reached for her gun. Tien bit the man in the arm but his body armor had protected him from the sharp serrated teeth. However it did not defend him from Tien’s claws as they ripped through the armor and dug into flesh. Suddenly shouts could be heard from down the hall as others raced into the room. Tien hissed with his teeth showing and snout covered in blood.

 

The man who unfortunately was still alive reached for a knife, but before he could another gunshot went out and his scream was the answer. Tien then bit down into the man again shaking his head until the armor for his arm came off and flesh was exposed. One of his teeth managed to graze his skin which he screamed, but not before Cindy rushed to him. Just as she was nearing the man he managed to get the knife into his other hand and plunged it into Tien’s side. The said scream was all that could be said that came from the dinosaur.

 

“TIEN!” Cindy screamed as she came to the dinosaur. She looked at the knife in his side just as the man went to raise his hand on his gun. But he did not get far before he suddenly fell to the floor. The reason he fell became obvious when two guards suddenly tackled the man and held him. One of them grabbed the gun and managed to wrestle it out of his hand before it could go off again. The men obviously held him to the ground but he was still fighting.

 

Then he threw off the two guards and came at Cindy again. Before he could get to her he felt something bite down on his arm. Looking down he spotted Tien as the Troodon held onto his arm and did not let go. The man raised his arm to strike the dinosaur but Tien’s serrated teeth had cut deep into the man’s flesh. Screaming he tried to shake the dinosaur off of him hitting him again and again until Cindy herself tackled the man forcing Tien to let go.

 

As the man tried to fight off Cindy she began to punch him again and again in the face until a hand caught her fist. She looked up to see the face of General Vitkiss as he helped her up. The man was passed out on the ground with several wounds. As he was dragged away the sounds of something whimpering got her attention. Cindy turned to see Tien struggling to rise.

 

“Tien! Oh God! Is there a Doctor!” she shouted.

 

“There is nothing we can do he is dying,” said another man.

 

“No, I won’t let that happen,” Cindy said to them as she picked the dinosaur up. Tien proved to be heavier then she could have imagined, but she was not going to give up on him. Carrying him towards the medical wing she shot past a worried Henry and Gerry but she paid them no mind as she ran towards the medical ward. When she entered she threw opened the doors to the operating room and nearly threw Tien down on the table.

 

“Come on boy don’t die on me,” she said.

 

“What is going on here,” said a voice and Henry rushed in along with Gerry. What they say shocked them a crying Cindy and a disabled Tien struggling to live. Immediately Gerry was in motion throwing everyone out.

 

“You need to leave,” he said to Cindy.

 

“No, he saved me I have to help him!” Cindy begged.

 

“I am a trained veterinarian in paleo-biology I need you to leave if you want him to live,” Gerry replied.

 

“I am a trained field medic as well as a specialist in diseases!” she said.

 

Henry took his time to study Tien who was struggling to breathe. He held the dinosaur’s head in his hands and could hear the low croon that Tien was giving him as he looked in his eyes. Those large slitted eyes were full of pain and remorse at failing Henry.

 

“Well I am a specialist in dinosaur care so if you don’t mind me then I need to get to work,” Gerry said and with that he began to clean himself up despite smelling like alcohol. Both Henry and the newly arrived Arnold along with several guards led Cindy who is now crying away.

 

Henry held her in the waiting room while Gerry got to work. It was not till about three hours later that Gerry emerged from the operating room with scrubs on that he asked, “How is he?”

 

“It is touch and go. That stab wound is deep and nearly gotten to his heart. But he should pull through,” he said.

 

“Oh Thank God!” Cindy said standing up.

 

“What exactly happened?” asked Ian who sat down across from Henry and Cindy.

 

“I was attacked, if it wasn’t for Tien then I would have been dead,” said Cindy.

 

“But the question is why was he in your room?” asked Henry, “And second, where is Rosie?” the worry about Tien made him realize that he had not seen his raptor either.

 

“Rosie is fine, I went up to check on her she was hit with a tranquilizer dart and is currently sleeping with our two resident drug addicts,” Ray said as he indicated that they should follow him.

 

“You guys go, I got to make sure Tien is being monitored right,” Gerry said as the group left. When they walked out Ray led them through the hallway to one of the conference rooms reserved for private meetings. But instead of going into that room Ray led them to another room where a window was peering into a third conference room. It was here that Cindy, Ian, and Henry saw the man that attacked Cindy. He was currently sweating as he was handcuffed to the floor while in a hospital bed being treated by nurses. These nurses made sure that he was strapped to the bed. But something was not right about him.

 

“His eyes, and his face what is wrong with him?” asked Cindy.

 

“Tien has bitten him in the arm. Remember I told you that he is venomous? Well he managed to bite the man twice injecting a neurotoxin that slowly paralyzes the victim making them brain dead if not treated right away,” Henry said with eyes as cold as ice.

 

“How long does it take before he dies?” asked Cindy.

 

“That is the thing he does not die physically. His mind however will cease functioning...its like a wasp when it stings its prey. The prey is then rendered helpless as the wasp drags it to its nest and buries it with its egg. The same happens to Tien’s venom except that Tien is male not female. However studies on his species on Nublar proved that they have the same capacity. Males and females will hunt for prey, paralyze it and then drag it to the nest where the female would lay eggs inside the body cavity of the host. When the young hatch they consume the still living victim.” Henry replied.

 

“Oh God!” said Cindy.

 

“Well Tien was not born from the carcass of a person that is for sure. It seems he is different from his parents. When I did a genetic test on him the insect DNA seemed to have been scrubbed from his body. As if his genetic code is repairing itself,” Henry replied.

 

That shocked Cindy as she looked toward the room where Tien was being kept. Gerry was a vet but she had no idea that he would specialize in dinosaurs. Sure it helped but….

 

“What are they saying?” asked Ian. That stopped both Cindy and Henry’s conversation as Henry reached for the dial to turn up the volume.

 

“What are you doing here?” General Vitkiss said.

 

The man spat to the ground. His face obviously in pain from the venom.

 

“Why did you target Dr. Bradshaw?” General Vitkiss said to him. The man only smirked, “Wouldn’t you want to know,” he said.

 

“Cindy why do you think they were targeting you?” asked Ray.

 

“I have no idea, if I had to guess they were trying to stop me from finding the cure,” she said.

 

“Why?” asked Ray.

 

“We don’t know Ray so why are you asking,” said Ian.

 

“Fuck you Malcolm,” said Arnold.

 

“And that is Chaos,” Ian replied smirking at the dark skinned man.

 


“Listen asshole do you feel delirious right now?” General Vitkiss said. The others attention quickly went back to the window. The man was clearly delirious as his brow is covered in sweat. His eyes were bloodshot red and one can clearly see that the pupil is starting to turn white meaning cataracts is starting to come in.

 

“Lost of blood does not bother me fucker,” The man said to him his face full of cuts and bruises.

 

“Oh I bet it does hurt doesn’t it...tell me how does it feel like to be bitten by a living dinosaur,” Vitkiss said to him.

 

“That thing? That looked more like a giant chicken then a dinosaur, besides that monstrosity would make me want to kill it more,” the man replied. That was when the General leaned in close to him, “That is where you are wrong. You see asshole that dinosaur is only protecting the mate of his master especially after you nearly killed the other one,” Vitkiss said.

 

“Other one? Does he mean Rosie!” Henry said growing anxious. Ian put his hand on him, “We can check in with Gerry when this is over,” he said.

 

Henry began to fidget as the conversation in the other room began to heat up. Especially when the man tied to the chair began to show signs of the venom’s progression. His eyes began to roll back in his head as sweat began to soak through his shirt.

 

 

A quick slap and water splashed onto him was enough to get him back to focus on General Vitkiss. “Hey asshole I am not done talking yet! You still haven’t answered my question! Why are you trying to kill Dr. Bradshaw?” he said.

 

The man smirked, “Ain’t it obvious? She can provide the cure. I have to ensure that she does not find it. My employers would pay millions to keep it that way,” he said and started to phase out. As he phased out his head began to roll and he started talking in nonsense. Something that the team is familiar with given the nature of Troodon venom. That also the part where the blood began to pool on the ground suggested that Tien’s venom also has a blood coagulant property. It was something that surprised even Henry.

 

When they walked out of the room the group was silent as they returned to Henry’s room. Along the way they were greeted by Gerry who had informed them that Rosie would be fine and that she was just tranquilized, but Tien was still touch and go. She was drugged by the same man when she tried to attack him when entering Henry’s room. The velociraptor is not fully grown yet but she is still as dangerous as her adult versions.

 

Henry was glad to know that both will survive but barely. Rosie would only walk away with minor injuries Tien on the other hand would have to be watched for any further problems since the knife had punctured a lung. But luckily Gerry was skilled enough as a Vet to work miracles. He even managed to do it without a trained team to help him so that is saying much.

 

Though it was close Gerry managed to get help to the youngest of the dinosaur lot. So now both are sleeping in cages with I.V.’s attached to them and sleeping soundly thanks to the drugs given to them. But the vet was sure they need to be monitored so he remained with them till they were better.

 

Even so the group sat down in Henry’s room while Ray went to get the drinks. As they all sat down it was Cindy who spoke.

 

“You know this is the first time someone tried to kill me for the work I do,” she said.

 

“Get used to it,” said Henry as a side joke. But it came out more as an insult then a joke. But Cindy was not deterred knowing Henry and what he is feeling right now. The worry of his two dinosaurs must really eat at him. Tien from what she understood was a dinosaur that he hatched himself out in the wild. Rosie came from the labs and imprinted on him. Both of them now in intensive care all because someone was trying to stop her from finding a cure.

 

“So who do you think?” asked Ray.

 

“What do you mean?” asked Cindy looking at him.

 

“I mean who would want you dead just because you wanted to cure a major disease? Someone must want you buried so badly they would go through lengths to do it too. If I had to take a guess I would say Biosyn. They are known for sabotage and espionage. Good thing Tien was there his bite is potent enough to kill a man in hours,” Ray replied.

 

“Tien is my child and...I worry about him so much!” Henry said the man was distraught with emotion as he wanted to start balling, “Tien, Rosie,” he whimpered.

 

“Hey now Henry its going to be ok you hear me,” said Cindy as she put her arm around his waist and leaned into him. He leaned back with tears in his eyes. For the two of them were his children in a sense. He was worried and for the first time in his life he cared for others besides Cindy.

 

Ray looked out the window and even Spitz, Tank and Sarah looked saddened by the state of their friends. Rexy and Junior were still out of it and wont be waking up for sometime. Ian shared his look and stared at the three remaining dinosaurs.

 

“You know it would be nice if they were the usually happy bunch. This is just too depressing,” he said.

 

“You should talk, you always dress like you were going to a funeral,” replied Ray giving him a sharp look.

 

“Oh I would not doubt it. You know I am looking for any females to be on my next list of a next ex-Mrs. Malcolm,” Ian replied.

 

Ray smacked him in the back of the head while Henry looked outside with a glazed look on his face. They remained sitting like that for a few hours just drinking and enjoying the silence. The sounds of the jungle outside their room was enough to settle most of the occupants. But the couple sitting on the couch it was not a quiet occurrence. In fact it was outright disturbing. None of the dinosaurs were making a sound. For someone like Henry who had spent years on an island full of dinosaurs the missing sounds of the Brachiosaurus or the nightly calls of the velociraptors are enough to leave him ill at ease.

 

“Hey what is it?” Cindy whispered.

 

“I just...I guess I am used to hearing dinosaurs that the silence is killing me,” Henry replied.

 

“I know the feeling,” said Ray also joining them on the couch. He drank his beer enjoying the silence that followed. It had been a long time since they gotten silent but the group kept their hopes up. But like all things the silence did not last for as soon as the group settled there in the gloom of the night. There was a knock at the door. Henry seeing as it was his apartment got up to inspect the door. Looking out the peephole he saw that it was only General Vitkiss. Opening the door the general nodded at him before walking in along with the governor of San Josè both men looked grim as they sat down.

 

“What is going on gentlemen?” asked Henry as he offered them drinks. Both men declined feeling that what they had to say was way too important to pass up.

 

“The assassin died just about an hour ago. The autopsy showed that he had been poisoned by that creature you had Dr. Wu. He had gone into a coma about an hour after attempting interrogation. When he fainted his brain went into shock and then into a deep coma. He was pronounced brain dead just now,” the General said.

 

“We all knew that Tien was venomous so is Spitz. Both dinosaurs pack a powerful toxic venom,” said Ray. The others nodded their agreement.

 

“However we do not know the property of the venom,” said the Governor. He looked rather uncomfortable at this time but at the many stares it was the General that went on.

 

“Tien as you will has a property in his venom that paralyzes the victim making them unable to fight back. The other dinosaur Spitz you said his name was, well he can spit a simular toxic soup at you. But Tien’s predigests his prey rendering it into a sort of toxic sludge,” he said.

 

This gotten everyone’s attention, “Are you saying that he can kill you with his bite?” asked Ray.

 

“I knew he could do a lot of damage but to do this? This is more along the lines of insects then more complicated animals such as a dinosaur,” replied Henry.

 

“Remember Henry, Laura was not exactly sane when she created the Troodon. Perhaps something in their genetic makeup can explain it?” asked Ian.

 

“I could look into it,” Henry replied.

 

“Good, as for your animals, Dr. Harding assures us that they are doing fine and are on the mend. He said that he managed to get the dart out of Rosie and that the tranq that she was given was enough to knock out an elephant. Luckily it didn’t kill her. Tien is a more touch and go but he said that after a few hours of surgery the animal is going to be fine,” at the announcement Henry finally breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“There is other news as well,” Vitkiss replied and that got everyone’s attention.

 

“The group that hired the assassin. They paid him a lot of money to kill you Dr. Bradshaw. So that means that if it is the disease that they want to prevent being cured then I will double the security detail around the building. Each of you will be assured to be protected at all times. That includes Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon. I assure you that we will provide the upmost protection. I want this disease dealt with and dealt with now.” He said.

 

“Now, now sènor they need to be dealt with I assure you but look at them. They are exhausted and they had two of their animals injured because some man tried to kill them. First thing’s first we deal with their exhaustion and then we deal with the people responsible,” said the Governor. General Vitkiss nodded in agreement before getting up and nodding to them again before leaving. That left the group both confused and a bit intimidated by their actions.

 

“I don’t like this,” said Ian as he looked at the door that was left open and the two guards that were posted in front.

 

“I agree I don’t like this either,” replied Ray also looking at the two guards. They both could see the increase in guards as they surround the walls and the rest of the compound.

 

“I hope they are briefed on the dinosaurs and the safety protocols on them?” said Henry now feeling concern for the men out there.

 

“I am sure they are briefed on the animals and what to expect from them,” said Cindy as she and Henry held each other closer.

 

 

HOURS LATER

 

 

Henry and Cindy both held each other under the sheets of the bed. After the episode earlier and when everyone left they decided to take their woes to Henry’s bed. Since Cindy’s room was in shambles thanks to the attack it was wise to move her to Henry’s room. Since the two of them are in a relationship it was even better. Now they held each other in the afterglow of their lovemaking. Henry had never felt so alive then when he is with his girlfriend. She looked at him and he knew she felt the same.

 

However with the things happening around them the air and the mood was somber. Henry was worried about Tien and Rosie. Tien had taken the worst hit, but Gerry’s assurance was no assurance to him until he saw his raptor and troodon again.

 

“How are you?” Cindy asked.

 

“I’m fine, I wish...” Henry trailed off.

 

“Wish what?” she asked curious.

 

“I wish I could figure out what this virus is and how to save our friends,” he said.

 

“I know,” Cindy replied holding his hand. Henry returned the favor and as they held each other the conversation went towards the disease.

 

“Alan and Robert don’t have much time,” Cindy said.

 

“How much time till it reaches the final stages?” Henry asked.

 

“Luckily for us the virus is slow moving because it was still adapting to humans. Something a disease should never do when crossing species.” Cindy said as she looked up at the ceiling.

 

“I know, it was engineered that way by Biosyn. They discovered the disease and tried to turn it into a weapon by using InGen’s dinosaurs to do it,” Henry replied.

 

“They tried to create a bioweapon?” asked Cindy now sitting up intrigued.

 

“I thought the General briefed you on it?” Henry asked surprised by her reaction.

 

“No, he didn’t that bastard!” Cindy said as she got out of bed.

 

“IT was a disease discovered on the fossils of some dead dinosaurs. It was on the disks I brought back didn’t they show you?” Henry replied also getting up.

 

“No they only showed me what the disease does to humans not to dinosaurs or anything else. Henry do you still have access to those disks?” she asked.

 

“Yeah I do in fact I kept the original copies hidden here,” he said and pulled the suitcase out from under the bed. He handed the disks to Cindy who took it with her to a nearby computer in Henry’s room. Henry had gotten dressed while Cindy only wore a nightgown. As she typed it asked for clearance which Henry gladly gave. When she got access it showed her the diagrams he saw back on Isla Sorna.

 

She reach through them and her fist scrunched as she wanted to but didn’t punch the screen. As she read Henry saw her face turn from intrigued into a scowl. He then decided to leave her and headed into the kitchen. While Henry had been making breakfast he could hear the shower going meaning she had left her station at the computer to get cleaned up. By the time she came out fully dressed and ready for the day. Henry had placed two plates down for her. When she ate she was silent and when she was done she turned to him.

 

“I need to study this through. That bastard only gave me not even a quarter of the information I need. I bet the others don’t know about the disease either and they would want to see this as well. If we had this information in the first place then I would have been able to get to the testing stage of our experiments for a vaccine.” she said.

 

“I am shocked that he never told you or mentioned the disks,” Henry replied.

 

“I don’t think the governor knows either so that means he wants us to just go in half cocked. Henry I have the feeling that General Vitkiss is up to something or that he himself never knew,” she said.

 

“I would not place my bet yet till I know all the facts. This shit is just way over my head,” he said to her his eyes too are determined to get to the bottom of this mess. Kissing him for good measure she went back to the computer to get back to work. Unable to go back to her own room due to the clean up crew repairing the bullet holes and the mess that was made there.

 

 

HOURS LATER

 

 

Cindy was looking at the disease in a new light it never dawned on her that the disease was so ancient. But since that was all she knew until she read the files. Henry never fully understood them, but now that she read them, she knew.

 

The disease though naturally created was a bioweapon to use against InGen and hopefully against everyone else. Biosyn created the disks for their personal use and had to scrap their project when they were found by InGen security. What gets her was the nature of the disease. It was a disease aimed at dinosaurs specifically. It was the predecessor to every lyssavirus out there which includes Rabies and Australian Bat. It was frustrating since it targets the nervous system….

 

 

And that is when it hit her like a ton of bricks. Something that had only so often comes at a moment when they thought all hope was lost. Quickly as she could she grabbed a sample kit and hurried out of the room. As she was leaving several heads looked up at her. Before they could wonder Cindy started barking out orders in Spanish.

 

“Alejandro get that Chemestry Analyzer ready because I think I figured out how we might get the cure,” she said to him.

 

The man did not question her orders as he started getting the supplies and the equipment to work.

 

“Miguel you get that blood collection supplies, Leo get that microscope ready we need to study these samples up close,” she ordered and marched right for the next laboratory where Henry worked. As she walked in Henry looked up in surprise at her, but she tossed him a bag.

 

“What is this?” he asked.

 

“The means to get the cure, where is Gerry?” she asked.

 

“He is checking up on the dinosaurs why?” asked the assistant. Quickly Cindy left the labs and headed towards the makeshift Veterinarian office where Gerry was sure to be working. Once inside Gerry looked up in surprise when Cindy came marching in unannounced. She was more the determined to get to where she wanted to go...his samples.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked.

 

“Do you have samples of any of the animals that are sick, you know the T-Rex and the other one?” she asked.

 

“You mean Rosco and Nico?” he asked.

 

“Yes, I need blood samples from both of them and a saliva sample from that two crested one as well as from Tien,” she asked.

 

“What is this about?” he asked curious this time.

 

“I had just read through the files on the disease, the unedited one. They withheld a lot of information that I should have gotten sometime ago but never did. If I had this information I would have been able to have working samples of a possible cure. But now that I do I think I have an idea of how to make one. But first I need samples to work with,” Cindy said to him.

 

Gerry gotten his sample kit and headed outside to collect some fresh ones, “If that is the case you need fresh samples. These are old and the blood was not well preserved thanks to some people,” Gerry said.

 

Cindy nodded as she walked down the hallway towards the medical ward. From there she convinced the Doctor to get fresh samples from both Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon.

 

“Alright I got the samples you need now what is this about a cure?” he asked.

 

“Well from the information I gathered it is a bioweapon designed to kill dinosaurs. A predecessor to the Rabies virus this agent was supposed to cause the animals to die in horrific ways. However you mentioned that the T-Rex is showing signs of possible recovery. Now I had no idea what you were talking about until I noticed samples on the T-Rex’s body. Cameras had shown that there are bite marks along the flank of the dinosaur. Was he attacked recently or was this before capture?” she asked.

 

“He had gotten them from Isla Sorna just before the military picked him up. The same species of dinosaur as Tien bit him. They have a very potent neurotoxin and if not treated would kill him within a matter of hours,” he said.

 

“Well that same venom might be the cure,” she said.

 

“What?” Gerry replied.

 

“The venom that Tien has killed the assassin that tried to kill me. He was pronounced brain dead after going into a delirium in the interrogation room remember?” she said.

 

Gerry remembered the interrogation and what happened to the man. He never realized that he had been bitten by Tien.

 

“If you wanted Tien’s venom that is one thing but why Spitz?” he asked.

 

“I read through your reports on Spitz also being venomous. But his venom causes paralysis not delirium. And if hit in the eyes causes blindness. That means that both animals venom has a property that can inhibit the nervous system. The virus attacks the nervous system making its way to the brain. From there it starves the brain of activity from around the body forcing the brain into a coma and eventually killing it off. Now Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon are nearing the final stages of the disease. We need to act quickly and thanks to the information if I can isolate the properties of both of these samples I can use them to create a cure,” she said.

 

Now Gerry was interested as they went into the laboratory to where she worked. Sample machines are being turned on and microscopes are at work. Cindy quickly gotten the samples into working test tubes to be placed in the chemical analyzer.

 

“While that is at work I can finally see why the normal drugs wont work on these animals. Though simular to Rabies and Lyssa it’s symptoms and nature is more related to Prions. That means that it acts as if it is a malfunctioning protein or has the prions protein in it.” Cindy said.

 

“Well Tien’s venom breaks down protein tissues. It predigests the prey food making consumption easier for him. Or at least for a female willing to lay her eggs in a corpse,” replied Gerry.

 

“So it is like an insect venom?” she asked.

 

“Yes,” Gerry replied.

 

“Does Spitz have the same thing?” she asked.

 

“No, his only is used as a sort of offensive and defensive weapon. But when hunting the bite has the venom, but he has two spitting glands on the side of his mouth that shoot it out when he needs it.” Gerry explained.

 

“Ok, is there a difference between the chemical makeup or is it the same?” Cindy asked.

 

“It’s different. If dilophosaur venom touches you it paralyzes you. If you get it in your eyes it blinds you. Spitz’s venom is very thick and sticky unlike a cobra where it is viscous,” Gerry replied.

 

“And Tien? What about his venom?” asked Cindy getting excited.

 

“Well from what I have observed Troodon venom is sort of a predigestive enzyme as well as a sort of neurotoxin. The venom works its way to the nervous system and the brain causing delirium and derogation and eventually a person will degrade so badly that they are pronounced brain dead in 48 hours.” Gerry replied.

 

“So the venom works as a blocker to important brain functions is that right?” Cindy asked.

 

“You will have to ask Agent Nima Cruz she was a victim of a Troodon bite. If I had not given her that tranquilizer as an antidote then she would have died from the venom,” replied Gerry.

 

“But that man was killed within hours of being bitten, could Tien’s venom be more potent then that of the ones on Nublar?” asked Henry who finally caught up to them. In all her excitement she had forgotten about Henry. The geneticist could be key to helping her with the disease.

 

“Maybe, Henry your field is Genetics maybe you can help. Both Tien and Spitz have very dangerous venom compounds is there a way to break it down so we can see the genetic makeup of both of them?” she asked.

 

“Yes, in fact I have the chart of the components of Dilophosaur venom with me. But Spitz is not from the Jurassic Park stock. I have to look into what his venom is made of but it will take some time,” said Henry.

 

“Alright, give me an hour to get some fresh samples since the ones I have are old. You can use the old ones if you wish, but I will give you some fresh ones soon,” said Gerry. Cindy nodded before heading towards her labs.

 

When she got there all her crew looked at her with anticipation since she announced that she may have found a way to figure out the disease. Barking out orders the people in her lab had gotten to work with others translating for those who can’t speak English. As they got to work Gerry came in with a bag full of fresh samples for her to use.

 

As she got to work people were watching now that the lab has come back to life. It took hours but by the time the samples were ready. Right beside her was Henry as he and his team joined up with Cindy’s to help with analysis of the disease. The lab is big enough to accommodate everyone as they got to work.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

“How are they?” asked the General looking at the still forms of both Rosco and Nico.

 

Still holding,” said Gerry as he walked up to the window. His had taken off his hazmat suit and his sample kit. The man had been busy and had seen better days but today was worth waking up to. General Vitkiss nodded as he drank from his coffee. Drinking alcohol was out of the question for this crisis and as much as the General did not like it he had to go through with it.

 

“So what will happen if both Dr. Wu and Dr. Bradshaw discover a cure?” asked Gerry looking at the animals.

 

“We will cure the masses. The only sad part about this shit is that I was ordered to keep this under wraps. This is a corporate problem and they should be dealing with it. But so far we had no response from both John Hammond and from Biosyn. The latter claims that they had nothing to do with it. The assassin was a testament to that.” the general replied.

 

“So we don’t say shit when it comes out that a cooperation was responsible for the outbreak?” Gerry replied.

 

“I am not so sure about it but yes it might be it,” he said sounding like he wished he could say more but withheld his tongue. They remained in silence but was disturbed by a slight movement from Rosco who had not moved since arriving in the area. His deep breathing a sign that he is still asleep but the slight movement where there was none showed that the larger dino is fighting back.

 

“Did you see that?” Gerry said but the General was already walking out the door at the sign of Rosco’s movement. Gerry grew excited to see such a movement slight as it was. But it did not last for as soon at it happened Rosco was silent again. Fearing he was dead he checked the dinosaur’s vitals on the side and was glad to see that he was still ok.

 

Is it me or did his heart beat just sped up? Gerry thought.

 

He looked at the monitor again and sure enough his heart sped up just slightly before going back to its normal slow rhythm.

 

That can’t be right? Lets see what Cindy thinks, he thought again as he started towards the laboratory where Cindy and Henry were working.

 

 

LABORATORY

 

 

“Oh my God! I got it!” Cindy shouted as she started laughing. Every head in the laboratory looked up from where they were working to see her nearly dancing for joy.

 

“What did you find?” asked Henry. He looked up in surprise just as Gerry burst into the room.

 

“Henry can we talk?” he asked with a look of desperation on his face.

 

“What is it that it can’t wait?” asked Henry. He looked rather annoyed at being interrupted. Gerry looked like he ran from outside judging by his heavy breathing and sweaty appearance. If he ran here then his message was just as important.

 

“Its Rosco I think he is starting to wake,” Gerry said to him.

 

“Wake?” Henry replied surprised.

 

“That is part of what I am about to say,” Cindy replied as she heard the conversation. She held up a paper in her hand indicating that she had found a breakthrough with her research.

 

“What is it?” asked Henry.

 

“It ties in with what Dr. Harding here is saying. The T-Rex was bitten by a troodon on Sorna right?” she asked Henry who nodded in agreement. Seeing as he is unable to talk due to the surprise. The others listened in while she pointed to the microscope behind her.

 

“Look at these! It shows what I was trying to find for a long time...anitbodies!” she said with glee.

 

Both Henry and Gerry rushed towards the microscope and looked down into it. With disbelief Henry looked up, “How?” he asked.

 

“Rosco is a T-Rex, according to the notes on the disk the disease originated in the Cretaceous Period about the time both Nico and Rosco originated. So if that were the case and Rosco is the purest form of T-Rex...” she said.

 

“Then he must have the natural immunity to fight the disease...but what does troodon venom have to do with it?” Henry asked.

 

“I will tell you once I get my report together,” she said.

 

“Are you still studying the venom?” asked Gerry.

 

“Yes, when I get more information I will tell you more. Give me till tonight before I give my report,” she said with excitement.

 

“So we are close to a cure?” asked Gerry curious.

 

“More then that we are close to both a cure and a vaccine,” Cindy shouted she was so happy to be able to help. The others began to talk to themselves as Cindy looked through her microscope. The others took turns looking at it and a new found excitement started to buzz the building. Both Cindy and Henry beamed with excitement while Gerry went to spread the news. It would be a great day yet.

 

TBC

 

 

Notes:

Alright you heard it from the beginning that I am doing a chapter dump to catch this story up with fanfiction.net. So I will be doing a MAJOR chapter dump today to catch everyone up even with all the mistakes I did in the past because I don't have the time to fix them or get a beta for them. Thank you. So Enjoy it while you can heheheh ALOHA!

Chapter 35: The Awakening

Summary:

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

SAN JOSE COASTA RICA

 

 

 

“Thank you gentlemen for meeting me,” said Cindy as the door closed into the meeting room. The room was full of people most of them heads of staff from the different parts of the building. There was of course Henry, Gerry, Ray, Ian, General Vitkiss, the Governor of San Jose, several other men she did not know and women, but they had others next to them who was obviously translators. So Cindy was left fiddling with her fingers until her eyes met Henry’s who gave her an encouraging smile.

 

The room itself was a standard conference room with a large rectangular table and large windows overlooking the enclosure beyond. Surrounding it were several chairs and even the outer parts of the room along the walls were filled with chairs. Everyone of them filled with people as they came in to hear what Cindy had to say.

 

“Dr. Bradshaw what is the meaning of this?” said the Governor of San Jose.

 

“I think I might have found the cure...or at least a vaccine,” she said forgetting her nervousness as her excitement started to show.

 

“Really? This soon?” asked General Vitkiss intrigued. Both he and the Governor both exchanged glances of excitement.

 

“Yes,” said Cindy excitedly as she handed out a copy of her report. It contained the report of the virus and how it spreads. It also contains the blood results from Rosco and how his blood can help.

 

“As you can see this virus is a variation of the Lyssavirus of today.” she said and passed around folders containing information that she had gathered from the disks.

 

“The virus itself is spread pretty much the same way rabies is spread mainly through biting. But thankfully scratching and blood sharing is not there. However it can also be spread through ingestion.” she added going to her slides that she was showing behind her.

 

The virus acts the same as Lyssa does with a rapid deterioration in the nervous system and brain functions. However the virus also has the properties of Prions in how it destroys muscle and brain tissue,” with that she showed another slide indicating the amount of damage done to human tissue.

 

“Mammals like us have no immunity to this disease which was named DX or Dinosaur Extinction disease. How it jumped species is actually quite simple. Since the mammals at the time of the dinosaurs are small rodent-like creatures. The virus could have gone to them by means of parasites. If that were the case then how does it jump to humans? Well another easy answer, experimentation.” she said and this caused and outcry from some people namely the military personnel. When she held her hands up for silence the people around her quieted down to allow her to speak.

 

“Experimentation you mean human experimentation on this disease?” asked on man and from the looks of his uniform he is from the Costa Riccan military.

 

“Yes,” replied Cindy.

 

“Dr. Bradshaw you said you got this information from Dr. Wu, who found it on Isla Sorna. Is that correct?” he asked and Cindy gave an affirmative. Turning his head he addressed Henry.

 

“Dr. Wu, were did you find this information?” General Vitkiss asked the Asian man.

 

“I found it in a bunker just North of the main InGen Facility. They were experimenting on contagions that could possibly kill off the dinosaurs if released right. But given how everyone was killed at the facilities that the experimentation did not go as planned.” Henry replied.

 

You said you found the bodies of the killers involved. Did that mean that the InGen faculty had some means of security? Did they by chance have time to prepare a proper security system on Isla Sorna?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

No, they did not. In fact from what myself, Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon observed the killings were sudden. It was done by a military group wearing United States military uniforms. Now mind you they might not be military at all, they might be mercenaries who dressed as soldiers to throw people off the scent. But judging from the bodies this was a professional job.” Henry replied his voice was serious.

 

“You said you ran into the bunker to avoid a rogue dinosaur according to this report. You also discovered more detailed information about the disease here. So tell us Doctor in your own words. If you seen anything else that might have gone on while these experiments were taking place?” General Vitkiss said.

 

“Well before I get to it I want to tell you that I don’t know what is going on higher up then my field of expertise. All I know is that John Hammond would have approved some way of killing off the dinosaurs again if something were to go wrong. But I myself would not do something like this. There are too many risk factors that are going on for this to work properly and the higher risk of it jumping species. That was why he had me come up with the Lysene Contingency Program to make it more humane to kill off the dinosaurs if they had gone rogue.” Henry replied.

 

“So, you don’t think John Hammond himself is involved?” asked the Governor now taking over the questioning.

 

“No, at least not directly,” Henry replied shaking his head.

 

“Dr. Wu seeing as you had a traumatic experience with dinosaurs in the past few months leading up to this. Can you please emphasize what kind of safety measures were in place in case something like this gets out?” asked the Governor.

 

“That is just it. All this started when we had a safety inspection team lead by Dr. Grant himself and Dr. Malcolm here to assess the dangers of Isla Nublar before opening Mr. Hammond’s theme park. If they didn’t pass then we were to correct the problems. One of the things they were looking for is possible weaknesses in our safety procedures after an incident that happened a few months ago,” Henry replied.

 

“Is this true Dr. Malcolm?” asked the Governor now turning to Ian who sat next to Gerry on the opposite side of the long table.

 

“Yes, and we found a lot of problems prior to the incident. And we also had to deal with the shut down of the security systems caused by a man named Dennis Nedry. He was working for Biosyn a competitor company of InGen’s that wanted to steal their research into D-Extinction.” Ian replied. He still favored his leg but with him constantly walking around it was not helping his healing process. But yet he answered as truthfully as possible to get the best results of this meeting.

 

“I see, so was this disease part of that solution?” he asked.

 

“No, it was not, at least what I am aware of. I probably don’t have clearance to see the rest of the facility, but from what we saw it was clearly not from the main InGen branch I assure you,” Henry replied.

 

“He is right it is not,” said Cindy as she changed slides again. This time it showed a logo.

 

“This was found on the documents that Henry found at that lab. At first I thought it might have been a parent company or a branching company that InGen owned. However upon further inspection I found this,” she said and changed the slides.

 

It was a familiar logo alright.

 

“Isn’t that…..” said General Vitkiss.

 

“This sir is the seal of the United States Department of Defense. As well as this seal,” she showed another one this one made the governor rise from his seat. On it was the seal of the Costa Riccan Department of Defense. The military man beside Henry rose from his seat outraged by the sight of such a sigil.

 

“That can’t be right? Why was my own government involved?” said the military man and at the Governors insistence he sat back down again. This time he was quiet as Cindy went on to show a date for the documents.

 

This was the testing grounds for both governments but according to these records they pulled out back in 1973 when the Vietnam War ended.” she said.

 

“Why was Costa Rica involved this was an American matter?” asked another person from the table. This man wore a navy uniform one that specifies what branch of the Costa Rican Military he came from.

 

I don’t know personally and I don’t want to know. Such things should be left untouched. But if it threatens the people in my jurisdiction then for sure I will find out the truth,” said the Governor. He felt outraged and afraid as the slides continued to be seen.

 

“Don’t delve too deep sir you might find yourself in deep shit.” said General Vitkiss the smirk on his face made the Governor blanch at the wording. He then waved his hand as if the dismiss what the General said.

 

Don’t worry as long as it relates to this virus then I want to hear about it. Anything else keep me out,” the Governor replied.

 

Alright then back to the subject at hand,” Cindy said as she changed the slides to show something that appears from a microscope. It looked like a group of several balls of something.

 

This is what the disease looks like under the microscope. It is a virus unlike anything we had seen before. It carries with it the genetic code that would one day become today’s modern Lyssavirus family tree. That includes, Rabies, Australian Lyssa, Mokola, all these diseases including Prions begins with this virus. From the fossil records that were shown in the files I was given they are around at least 125 to 66 million years old. A disease that predates all of this and at the time on the Dinosaurs it was the main killer of giants. But after the dinosaurs had died the disease evolved to that of what we see today.” the slide changed to show a group of names each one familiar to the men in the room.

 

“These are the Lyssa family tree and each disease here is a descendant of that virus. However modern treatments of the virus show no signs of stopping it from spreading. But we do have a cure and a possible vaccine,” she said.

 

The slide changed again. This time it showed a picture of an animal in the wild with feathers being cared for by none other then Alan Grant.

 

This is Rosco, an adult bull T-Rex that was recently in contact with the disease during a recent exploit to Isla Sorna. This is him when he first got here,” she said showing a slide with Rosco upon arrival. Next to the photo was an image of his blood.

 

“As you can see Rosco has the disease in full swing. His mouth was foaming and his eyes were rolled back. Had this been Rabies this would have been the final stages of the disease. However upon further study shown that it was still in the early stages.” Cindy said as she showed the next slide this time from a different angle.

 

This second stage of the illness has shown more towards the signs of Prions where there is constant fatigue even after the tranquilizers wore off. Though the mouth is still foaming and the erratic muscle movements and difficulty distinguishing things. The other dinosaur Nico showed more signs as he too was infected by the disease. His movements were highly erratic and he too had to be tranquilized. But as the disease progressed we see other signs of its progression.” here the slide changed yet again to show a different animal. This one was the allosaurus that was shot down by the Cartel in San Jose. Its body for all to see and the people who were infected by this animal.

 

“This dinosaur was killed in San Jose not long ago. It was shot down by Cartel when it broke out of its holding pen in a warehouse near the central industrial area. Here we can see that the animal was in the final stages of the disease having no immunity to the effects of it. The allosaurus would have been killed if it had not been shot. But by then it had infected more then 400 people with a thousand more still dying in the streets. The reason for this animal infecting a completely different species is due to the fact that its blood contaminated the water supply into the city,” she showed the slides of the warehouse. Inside were cages of exotic animals and some dinosaurs which all have died.

 

“This blood did not have time to dissipate naturally like any normal water contaminate. Instead it dripped from its own body into the water system and into our water supply,” Cindy said and as she said it the Governor was taking notes on the contamination. He was far from pleased but at least he was listening. She turned to Henry and saw both he and Gerry share the same looks of disbelief on their face. Ray looked to be sick as if he drank poison.

 

“The contaminated water seemed to have only caused the illness in the lower parts of the city here and here near the docks where the water is then drained into the ocean. However due to the nature of the drainage that water went into the drinking supply of those who lived in the slums. As I said infecting more then 400 people by ingestion, any questions so far?” she asked.

 

One hand was raised and that belonged to Ian Malcolm. He was not dressed in the usual black leather that both Henry and Gerry grew to know of the man. He was still dressed but in a light colored shirt and khaki pants. This was provided by the people of this compound. He looked tired as if he hadn’t gotten any sleep at all. But so did all of them. Cindy could understand this disease and the fact that prehistoric life was brought back gave her memories of all the times she went to museums with her parents or on school trips back in New York. However this was an entirely new ball game. And one she would not turn back to help now.

 

As she looked at Henry he gave her a nod before she allowed Ian to ask.

 

“What question do you have for me Dr. Malcolm?” she asked.

 

“Just one, if you are saying is true from what I understand a virus like this normally doesn’t survive outside of the host for very long. So how did this virus suddenly spread towards the infected through the drinking water if it can’t survive outside of the body?” he asked.

 

Well that answer is simple, temperature and quality of water. In a normally well filtered water system like those in the United States for example the virus would have died in the filtration system. The water would have been boiling hot to sterilize it or it would have been added with chemicals that would have done the same job. Here in Costa Rica or at least in that part of the city several things are factors. One there is no filtration system at least none that I know about. Second is the water temperature. Now normally water would come from the mountains and be very cold to the touch, but here for some reason the water is warm. The virus has an environment where it can thrive because not only does it have that but it also has this,” she showed another slide this one with a group of animals that are similar to dinosaurs.

 

“Birds,” said Gerry.

 

From what I understand some scientists believe that birds are descendant from dinosaurs. If that is true then birds are the perfect hosts for the virus and they in turn are eaten by humans. Birds such as chickens, ducks, turkeys and quail are eaten. But here there is also other animals too such as rats, bats and certain species of fish. They can also carry the disease. They might not be able to contain it because of their physiology but they can host it. If humans consumes this like they do in the slums then that is how the disease is spread.” she said.

 

“But Doctor Grant and Mr. Muldoon had direct contact with the animals and they still caught it. Is it because of direct exposure that they caught it?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

“Yes, Rabies and Lyssa have that property while Prions is mainly ingestion. But because this is the ancestor the virus can adapt. And so it has with humans being warm blooded. The disease was able to survive and spread because we have similar genetic markers to dinosaurs. Not much but similar enough for the virus to mutate and spread. But going back to Rosco and why he is important.” she said pointing to the dinosaur.

 

“Rosco the Tyrannosaurus Rex is a dinosaur that should have died out 65 million years ago. Instead he is here living today in modern times thanks to modern science. Why he is different to the Allosaurus in terms of the virus is simple, Rosco has evolved the immunity needed to fight the disease,” Cindy said.

 

That has gotten some heads turning. Even those who’s heads were turned down in boredom. Ian was most intrigued as well as Gerry. Henry was fascinated as he looked at his girl with admiration in his eyes.

 

Rosco and Nico are two different species, but yet both of them have the means to fight the disease. Nico for example has now started to show signs of fighting the infection. In the wild he would have been constantly exposed to such diseases in his natural time, but here in the present that has not happened. And so his body was late to respond to the outbreak of such a disease. Rosco too has been late on developing the antibodies to fight off this infection. However his body has the means to fight off the infection faster seeing as the virus has been around during his time.” Cindy said and she waited for questions by then she changed the slide to show the image of the virus and Rosco’s blood under a microscope.

 

“As you can see here there are two slides that I want to show you. Slide one is of Rosco during the time of infection. This was taken when he first arrived here at the compound.” Cindy said and she pointed to some dark spots on the slide.

 

This is the virus as it was attacking the muscle tissue in the body.” She then pushed a button and a video played of the virus cell attacking the muscle cells causing them to burst or suddenly shrink upon visual. Another clip shows that same viral cell attacking the nerves from the figures shown. It kills the nervous cells and forces them to do other things. This in turn made them nervous.

 

Now this is Rosco’s cells just within the last few days,” she said and showed a different slide. This one with a video of the virus attacking the cells only for the bodies immune system to kick in. White blood cells began to attack the virus cells killing it on site. The people watched in awe as all the cells were destroyed and then left with nothing. Then as if on cue new cells come in to help repair the broken cells on the body. These cells seemed to help regenerate broken tissue.

 

The virus may have been destroying the cells but Rosco’s body knew what to do. It was evolution at its most pinnacle. The antibodies you see right here attacked the cells on site. The white blood cells sending a signal to others that there is a threat. That threat was an old adversary and had to be dealt with. Once done the body began to repair itself. With the antibodies helping!” she said in awe.

 

People started to mutter to themselves.

 

“Rosco’s immune system though not as specialized as ours has the means to fight the virus. It not only destroys the virus but the antibodies trigger the body’s repair response. In turn the damage the virus caused can be repaired. If we can recreate this scenario we might have a way to get back Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon. But we don’t have much time. Any moment now both of them will enter stage four and from there, there is nothing I can do.” she said.

 

“But what does that have to do with your other research into the venom of both Tien and Spitz?” asked Gerry wondering about what those two animals had to do with Cindy’s research.

 

“Tien and Spitz both carry properties that can help us in creating this vaccine. Combined with Rosco’s natural immunity they can help jumpstart our bodies repair system. Tien has a natural method to put a person into a natural comatose state. Though it takes time the comatose state allows the body to cease functions of the muscles but not the organs keeping the victim alive to be used for a nest for a Troodon’s’ babies or to be eaten later. Spitz has a property in his venom to paralyze his prey making them unable to feel pain or move. This also can be useful in triggering the bodies response to this disease. Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon had to be strapped down because of spontaneous spastic movement and had to be put in a medically induced coma. Spitz’s venom helps to keep the body secure and can be used with both Tien’s venom and the possible treatment.” Cindy replied with a smile.

 

Can we do a direct blood transfusion?” asked a doctor who sat in the back of the meeting. Cindy shook her head in response, “If we did that then Rosco’s immune system will destroy human tissue instead. We have to isolate the antibodies and figure out how to decode their chemical composition. By doing so we can find a way to make it safe for humans to use. It has taken time, but I have been already doing so for the past few weeks,” Cindy replied as she showed another slide to emphasize what she was saying.

 

I managed to use a median to get the cells into our bodies. A form of ingestion. Direct blood transfusion will not work because our species is too different. And our own immune systems will reject it. But if we used an intermediary a sort of way to ingest the compounds into our own systems then we can use it to fight back against the disease. And this one animal is our savior,” she said and an image appeared of a common chicken and eggs.

 

“Chickens?” asked Ian.

 

Chickens are direct descendants of dinosaurs. They are birds and we eat them. Some of the things we ingest helps our immune system. So if we can get the chickens to ingest a compound with the right proteins in it we can then take into ourselves the antibodies needed to fight the disease.” said Cindy.

 

“That should be easy but how are we going to convince people to eat more chicken?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

The Governor gave a snort, “WE are Latin Americans we LOVE chicken!” he said loudly. That made the others laugh. As he laughed others only stared at her in disbelief but nothing came from it. In the end Cindy was sure she had won them over as they went over how to distribute the antibodies and then who was in charge of it.

 

Just as they were about to get up and leave however things did not go as planned for the building.

 

 

BOOM!

 

Everyone quickly rushed towards the noise as guards began to race down towards the direction of the dinosaur pens.

 

Gerry was there and was handed a tranquilizer gun by one of the guards. When he got there however it was met but an immense amount of laughter.

 

There Rexy and Junior had awoken to a round of headaches and hangovers. Both dinosaurs having come back the night before covered in cocaine and had fallen asleep after coming off of their high. Now both animals sported massive headaches and luckily for them the compound was built to withstand a massive strike.

 

Or in this case dinosaur attack.

 

 

BOOM, BOOM

 

Both of them danced around wobbling as if they can’t stand up. Rexy in particular looked rather ridiculous as she wobbled on her two feet before falling over again hence the booming sound.

 

Cindy had never seen anything so funny in her life as she and others started to laugh at their antics. Both dinosaurs seemed to stumble into each other. Tank was wise enough to stay far way from both of them, but would occasionally give them a good Whack! With her tail, gently of course but enough to keep them on the right track.

 

The craziest part of it was when they came up to poor Spitz who was sleeping near the watering hole. The dilophosaur was so exhausted from his adventure into the city that when Junior stepped on his tail by mistake that led to a good spit of venom in the eye and a bite on the leg rendering it numb. Blinded and unable to move her leg she ended up face first into the pond and was followed by Rexy who tripped over the smaller Tyrannosaur and both ended up cover in mud and feeling rather useless.

 

“I’ll go get the crane,” said one man while Gerry tranquilized both of them.

 

“That should help and I’ve got the antivenom for Junior,” he said laughing.

 

With that out of the way he went to check up on Rosco. Much to his surprise the male Tyrannosaur had moved his head a bit since, the first signs of waking had appeared. Excited Gerry quickly gotten to the phone on the wall and called Cindy’s lab. When she was answered he quickly told her of Rosco’s progress.

 

As he hung up he quickly checked his vitals only to find a dazed eye looking at him.

 

“Hey boy how’d you doing?” he said and all he had gotten was a rumble before the giant closed his eyes again and fell back to sleep. The door suddenly opened and Cindy rushed out there followed by Henry and Ray.

 

“How it he?” she asked and Gerry quickly explained what happened. Excited she quickly took a sample of his blood and rushed to the lab. Henry followed suit but not before checking on the progress of both Tien and Rosie.

 

 

“They are fine Henry, go on give your girlfriend a hand,” Gerry said. The Asian man quickly ran off to help his girlfriend with the new samples. As he closed the door behind him that left Gerry alone with a few guards on the walls and in the room with him. That also left the few staff members who were brave enough to enter the quarantine zone with him. Dressed in hazmat suits to prevent the disease from spreading to them they quickly helped Gerry clean the area as well as help to give Rosco some water and checked his vitals. When they were done they all left him alone with the T-Rex. Nico was not far and he also made sure the raptor had his vitals checked. Even though he has not awoken yet Gerry was worried for him. Already his breathing had become labored and so he put him in a sling and rigged a ventilator for him. Rosco is alsoon the ventilator but his vitals looked stable, but with Nico things were pretty slim.

 

“Poor boy I hope you pull through,” he said. The ventilator which was jury rigged from a large air compressor, a car battery and some tubing someone found made making medical equipment for dinosaurs quite a challenge. The blankets on the raptor help to keep his temperature controlled despite the warm weather. Already both had lost quite a bit a weight with their fight with the disease. Nico more so then Rosco. But with both their ribs showing they are going to be quite hungry when they are feeling better. Luckily the Governor had come through with his large helpings of cattle and pork. These meats being sterilized and thoroughly checked for any signs of prions will help both of them gain back that lost weight.

 

“I wish we can help you boy,” he said and all that was left was a soft rumble from Rosco.

 

 

MEANWHILE

 

 

“Oh my God! Henry I think we finally found it!” said Cindy as she showed Henry the slide. The Asian man rushed over to see what she was talking about and when he looked he was shocked as well.

 

There on the slide showed hardly any signs of the virus at all. In fact the virus was practically non-existent with only antibodies and immune cells on the slide.

 

“Rosco is the cure I knew it!” she said and now comes the next challenge to transfer that same immunity to humans. Luckily for her the first batch of chickens has arrived. The group that she requested had been exposed to the disease as well as showing signs of being infected.

 

Many of the chickens had come from the communities most affected by this disease. Some from the various parts of the city where the contaminated water comes from. As she checked over the samples one by one she was surprised by the amount of damage the disease had done.

 

“Alright lets get these birds ready for the first batch. The group on the left is the control group while the group on the right is the one getting the treatment,” Cindy said to her assistants.

 

Henry watched her get to work his task was to identify the genetic markers that make up the disease. As he watched the computer go to work with the genetic code. The next part was a long distance call to a friend of his.

 

Hello, Degler residence?” a male voice said on the other end.

 

“Hello Mr. Degler, hi my name is Dr. Henry Wu I am a friend to Dr. Sattler I was told to call this number if I am able to reach her?” he said.

 

Hold on a sec will ya,” the voice said and then after some shuffling around he could hear someone pick up the phone.

 

This is Dr. Sattler,” a now female voice said to Henry.

 

“Dr. Sattler hi this is Henry Wu do you remember me?” he said hesitantly.

 

“Henry, hi how are you. How are the animals doing?” she said sounding happy to hear a friends voice.

 

“I’m afraid I need your help,” he said and started to explain what had happened in the past several weeks. As he did so his heart went out to her as he heard her begin to cry and offered his condolences.

 

“We are close to getting a cure Ellie we just need to perfect the vaccine. We have found the source of the possible cure in Rosco, but we will need someone who is familiar with the animals to help. Rosco is getting better in fact he just woke up today and his really woozy. But given time he will be more alert. If that happens we want someone who was with him from the start to be here. That way it will ensure safety for us and for him. The raptor and Rex is still on the ventilator so hopefully he will be the first test subject,” Henry said to her.

 

Nico and Rosco are on Ventilators?” she asked shocked at hearing such a thing.

 

You are going to have to ask Gerry about how he rigged one up. But yeah they are on ventilators. They were having difficulty breathing so both of them were placed on one to help them both. Rosco will most likely be the first one off if he is recovering as fast as he is doing now. Like I said he will need someone here he knows when fully awake and you are the only other person I can think of that can help. Alan is still in the medical ward also on a ventilator. That is why we need him calm when he recovers,” Henry replied.

 

I will book the tickets right now just make sure that I am able to come in,” Ellie replied.

 

“Don’t worry I will let General Vitkiss know to let you in,” he said and after thanking Ellie hung up the phone. That has one thing taken cared of and now for the other issue. Trying to sequence this genome and see if there are any alterations.

 

 

CONTROL ROOM

 

 

Now Ray was in his element. The computers around him are all state of the art security with video feeds running into many television monitors and screens. As he ciphered through the many feeds most of them old feeds that he had gotten from Sorna. He was trying to piece together what had happened the day of the attack.

 

It was the daily thing day in and day out with him going through hours and weeks of footage. It was his thing, and he was glad he could help. So when he finally found what he was looking at his paused the video. Looking downwards he could see just barely into the jungle off to the side of the main compound that they found the disks in.

 

There looking through one of the lenses he could make out the distinct reflective light of a pair of binoculars. Just after it was seen the camera went off line and the video went dead. But after weeks of going through videos and security feeds he finally found the group. As he took out that image he could only imagine what motive these men have, but whatever they were it was not what he thought.

 

“Son of a bitch!” he muttered.

 

 

 

HOURS LATER

 

 

“Ok so let me get this straight, these assholes came through the side door into the compound and killed off everyone there?” said Gerry looking at the video again and again.

 

“Yeah basically that is it, you just get a glimpse of their uniforms before the whole place goes dark and everyone died,” said Ray as he showed it again and again to see if he had missed something. Right beside him was Ian and General Vitkiss. Gerry, Henry and Cindy were both off to the side but the television monitor they were watching showed everything.

 

“So these guys came in from, which side was this?” Ian asked curiously.

 

“They came in from the south side of the building so they must have landed somewhere off to the side here or here,” Ray said pointing to a map of Isla Sorna. There the map was hung on the wall for them to see. Off to the side there was potential markers indicating possible landing sites.

 

“But the lab where the disease samples were found was to the North here,” said Henry pointing to a spot just off to the northern part near the mountains. Cindy watched them try to figure things out.

 

“Ok, I think I might have figured something out,” said General Vitkiss as he looked at the map. Taking a careful inventory of what was there he observed what he could see.

 

“That lab was it in the mountains here,” he said pointing to the where Henry, Alan and Robert had found the laboratory.

 

“Yeah, that is where we found the facility,” Henry replied.

 

“Well according to this there is a small inlet just northeast of where the lab is. It is on the sloping side of the mountain hidden by jungle. From my perspective this is a good launching spot for an ambush. They didn’t come from the south they came from the North and swung around the coast after hitting this. From what I understood there is a tunnel that leads towards the area of the main facility is that correct?” he asked Henry as they looked over the map.

 

“Yeah but the building and the tunnel is very old dating back to world war two,” Henry replied.

 

“Was it repurposed?” asked General Vitkiss questioning Henry.

 

“No, the building was extremely old and even the tunnel. In fact the laboratory we found in the cave was much older then InGen’s facility. Whoever was there was doing some research away from everyone. They didn’t have any logos or national colors on them. The lab itself looked recent. And from the looks of it through the video feeds that Ray had more updated then the building or the tunnels.

 

“So if the lab is recent but the tunnels and the buildings are not then what was the point of having it?” Cindy asked wondering what was the point of having it.

 

“The point was that the lab was concealed from InGen’s main facility as well as well defensible from dinosaurs. That is my thinking. If John Hammond knew about this he would most certainly would have not approved of its use. From what I gathered in the data disks it was a lab that was separate from any others. My theory was that it was in direct research of this disease,” Henry replied looking over the files.

 

“Fuck,” Ray said leaning back on his chair a cigarette in his hand, “So we have these muther fuckers coming in from the North taking out the disease facility and contaminating the ground water...I mean look at this!” he said as he pointed to the large lake that everyone missed just off to the side.

 

“That cave is an open air aquifer and the water here is clean. When the incident happened it looked like this,” he said typing in another few keys and the water looked like what Henry saw back on the island. Though he didn’t noticed it at first the water looked not normal.

 

“Holy fuck,” he said looking at the now contaminated water.

 

“My thoughts exactly they knew what they were doing. This wasn’t a hit job it was corporate espionage to its fullest. See those here they may look like American Military uniforms but the stitching and the style is wrong. Military don’t use that type of stitch work in their uniforms. They use a double stitch sort of stitch work because it makes it more durable out in the field. Plus the flag is on the wrong side. The flag is supposed to be on the left side not the right.” General Vitkiss said to them.

 

Now this was a clue they had not noticed as well as the Northern invasion. Now Ray started to see where this was going and after checking the map it all made sense.

 

“So if that were the case then why?” asked Henry as they sat there looking at the footage.

 

“To cover their tracks,” said Cindy and they all turned to her.

 

“Of course it makes sense,” said Ian as he too stared at the screen.

 

“Ok someone kindly fill the geneticist in,” Henry replied annoyed.

 

“Ok, Henry, honey let me make this simple,” Cindy said looking at the screen then back at him, “Imagine this a company out there has done something incredible. I mean REALLY incredible. And than in order to prevent that thing from happening everywhere else they put it on an island in the middle of the ocean. Now imagine someone wanting to steal that thing and hired someone to do it. Now when they succeeded in doing it they wanted no part in the original plan. So they destroyed it. Now the company that created it can’t do what they did anymore because of what this second company did, get me,” said Cindy.

 

“Ok, I sort of followed like what Nedry did with us,” he said looking to Ray, Gerry and Ian.

 

“Yeah kind of like…..” Cindy was suddenly silenced by a very loud roar that came from outside. Everyone looked at each other with nervousness as General Vitkiss went on the radio to ask what was going on. Then it was filled with several other roars and a bunch of men screeching and yelling. Everyone quickly filed out of the room as they wanted to know what was going on.

 

When they got there it was chaos as men and women rushed to get away from the terror that was a very groggy very angry T-Rex. Rosco had awoken to find himself in a place that is not familiar. He was banging his head against the wall of the building. Luckily it was heavily reinforced to prevent him from causing any harm to people. But it didn’t help that Rexy and Junior were adding their calls to his. Top that off with the calls from the other dinosaurs and you got one loud and noisy compound.

 

Gerry was quick to grab the tranquilizer gun hoping he doesn’t have to need it as he ran out towards the source of the noise.

 

Rosco had a look of confusion on his face as he rammed the sides again and again and nearly stepping on Nico. Acting fast Gerry pulled out a few tranquilizer darts and fired on the dinosaur. It didn’t take long for it to go into effect and for Rosco to fall back down into a deep sleep. That however has not left Rexy and the others. But it didn’t take them long to quiet down now that the noise has settled. Gerry quickly went to see what could have caused him to wake up so aggressively.

 

When he got to the pen the first thing he did was check up on Nico who had not moved or awoken since the incident. Aside from putting back in the ventilator he was fine. Rosco had torn his out and so Gerry continued to remove and check up on Rosco’s condition. Thankfully the ventilator and the hoses were just disconnected and the T-rex seemed to be able to move. But what worried him was the fact that there was something going on with his foot. Running a light out to see what it was Gerry cursed for his negligence.

 

Taking out a surgical knife he started to cut into the bottom of a rather large clawed foot and remove a huge amount of puss. As it spilled into the pen he had one of the assistants get something for the infection. The person returned not long after with some bandages and a disinfectant. Cleaning it up Gerry thankfully looked for other small wounds or infected areas. Other then a few parasites such as leeches he gave Rosco a clean bill of health.

 

 

“What the fuck was that about?” asked Ray when he walked in.

 

“Rosco it seems panicked when he was on the ventilator. I had to remove it fully and then treat him for an infection that I didn’t notice till now,” he said.

 

“Will he be alright?” asked Henry.

 

“He will be fine. The tranquilizer should be wearing off by the time Dr. Sattler get’s here,” he said remembering that Henry mentioned Ellie was coming to help with the dinosaurs. A low rumble could be heard as slowly Rosco began to stir from where he slept. But as he groggily looked at them he fell back to sleep. Nico remained unmoving so Gerry left him. Instead after cleaning and sterilizing himself he went on to check up on Tien and Rosie. Tien looked like he was on the mend while Rosie still looked motionless. The wounds she had sustained were not as bad but the complications from lead poisoning can be tricky.

 

After he was done both he and Henry went back to the labs to check up on Cindy. The woman was busy with her hazmat suit and air hose, but the precautions were necessary as they had always been. Henry returned to his station which does not have a hazmat section since it is completely blocked off from the main lab. As he sat behind his computer and went to answer a phone call Gerry found himself once again alone. As he walked further down the hallway he went towards the main medical wing and towards the ICU where Alan and Robert were kept.

 

When he entered he saw that Alan and Robert were on ventilators both having difficulty breathing since the day before. As medical staff continued to monitor their progress he could only hope that the cure could be made.

 

“How’re they doing?” asked a voice. Gerry turned to see Ray there looking into the window.

 

“Not good, let’s just hope Cindy can come up with a treatment in time,” he said to him.

 

“I know, nasty shit. I wish it was as simple as giving them antibiotics, but you know how that rolls,” he said to him. Gerry had to agree with the technician. Such things are not meant to be as they are. But to Gerry seeing his friends like this made his heart tighten.

 

“Alan?” said a soft voice and both men turned to see Ellie there with her husband both of them ran to the window to see him there. “ALAN!” she nearly shouted as she tried to get to the door only to be held back by several guards.

 

“Let me in I have to see him!” she said.

 

“I’m sorry ma’am but this place is off limits to only essential staff only.” said the security guard at the door.

 

“Why is he in there!” she said sounding frantic and why are two of his dinosaurs isolated from the rest?” she sounded frantic as she tried to figure out what was going on.

 

“Dr. Sattler?” a voice said and Ellie turned to see Ian there along with Henry.

 

“What is going on Henry. All you told me was that Alan was in trouble with some sort of disease but not like this?” she said sounding angry.

 

“I told you all I knew Ellie. Alan is sick with a highly contagious disease and if it spreads to others then it would be a pandemic waiting to happen,” said Henry.

 

“But why can’t I see him. We he is like a brother to me,” she said and with her tears coming to her she was being held by her fiance who offered comforting whispers in her ear before being led away. Henry sighed seeing them go just as Cindy walked up to him.

 

“What just happened?” she asked.

 

“Dr. Sattler just got here and it seems as if things did not go well,” Ray said pointing to Ellie and her fiance being led down the hallway. Cindy sighed, “I knew things like this always happen. They blame us for trying to help keep the people safe.” she said as she looked at them.

 

“So what are you doing here Cindy?” asked Gerry as he looked at her in curiosity.

 

“I came here to get a blood sample from both Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon. I need them in order to see if the new batch of possible treatments might help,” she said and with that she showed her card before entering the room. They watched as she put on the hazmat suit before entering the room. When she got into the ICU unit she was able to get a blood sample from both men before getting back out. When she emerged she had a suitcase in her hand as she walked back towards the labs.

 

Sighing Gerry bid the others farewell as he too walked away to head into the direction of his rooms. It was a long day and they all needed to rest. Henry was not far behind along with Ray and Ian.

 

 

 

THE FOLLOWING MORNING

 

 

The sounds of happy rumbles could be heard from outside the window of Cindy Bradshaw. Waking in Henry’s arms she saw that the man was looking out the window into the morning light beyond. There she quickly put on her bathrobe and walked towards the balcony. Looking outside she saw Ellie Sattler there with her fiance watching. She was busy grooming Rexy and Junior who had yet to get the powered cocaine off of their skins. By now the highly acidic substance had come off on its own but it left marks. It burned into their skin since they hadn’t washed it off properly and Ellie was in janitor’s clothes with a large floor brush scrubbing Rexy. The larger Rex was crooning with pleasure at having her belly cleaned while Junior was trying and failing to help.

 

Cindy watched in fascination as the others Spitz, Sarah, and Tank joined them begging for attention.

 

“She is their mother,” said Henry as he walked up beside her. He was shirtless but he wore long silk pants to cover himself as he wrapped his bare arms around Cindy.

 

“Their mother?” Cindy asked.

 

“Yes, the three plus the two in isolation they were born in Montana. Dr. Alan Grant was the first person they saw along with Dr. Sattler on the side. They both became their parents. The dinosaurs view her as a mother figure someone to protect and nurture them when they need it,” Henry said. It was then that Cindy put her hand on his intertwined ones. She was touched by the scene of someone caring for others. But what amazed her more was that Rosco now awoken from his slumber was the one crooning the loudest.

 

Cindy watched in envy as Ellie went to cress his snout and gave him reassuring strokes without gloves or a hazmat suit. He was still too weak to come out into the pen with the others but from what she saw he was more then happy to see her. And that is what Cindy wants to see more then anything.

 

I will help them, I will will try my damn hardest to help them all, she thought.

 

TBC

 

 

 

Notes:

A/N: Whew! I knew that this would be tough but well Ellie is back if only temporarily. And Yay Rosco has awoken! I hope you all enjoy that just a few more chapters to go before this part of the story ends and I can start building up to eventually start doing the Lost World story. So hopefully you people bare with me ok for it is going to take a while to work out in my head before I can write it. And no I am not at home during the pandemic. I am an essential worker at a hardware store so my work hasn’t gone out and I am lucky enough to be still working. But the work load is exhausting as they increase our hours to increase the load we have to provide to our customers. So thank you all for your valued patience and please don’t forget to leave a review and remember no BASHINGS, FLAMES AND LORE MONGERS PLEASE! THANK YOU!

Chapter 36: A Dino Sized Hangover

Summary:

Yep someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Notes:

Yay I am back with another episode of Alan’s Dinosaurs! Yay due to popular demand and your fantastic reviews of why you like this story so much we are glad to move on to the next phase after we are done with this part of the story. So as you can see our dinosaurs are slowly getting better and the humans are starting to discover a cure to the species crossing DX disease. So without further a do I bring you another episode of….

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

SAN JOSE COSTA RICA

 

The very loud roar was the first thing that woke Ray Arnold to the morning sunrise. He was used to the sounds of dinosaurs and birds this early. But this particular roar had him nearly falling into the earth at a rapid rate. Running towards the source of the noise he was greeted by the site that would forever mark this day as the funniest event on record.

 

Just Days after Rosco had awoken from his induced coma the dinosaur had a massive headache that would have toppled buildings had it not been for Ellie Sattler. The woman was a miracle when it came to dealing with the dinosaurs and their individual needs. Ellie had helped Gerry with the feeding as well as grooming and care needed to keep them in line.

Today was no different with Rosco nearly ready to be released into the main enclosure. He is currently going through final checkups with the said Vet and was being very good about it.

Rexy and Junior on the other hand was another story altogether, and the reason why Ray was awoken at six in the morning.

It seems as if both Rexy and Junior had a very large amount of cocaine in their system. Both Rexes had been knocked out for a good portion of their recovery of a potential drug overdose. But today when they were off the meds and the cocaine high it seems as if they are now sporting a good old fashioned hangover.

And they are not taking it so well.

Men where shouting in Spanish as they tried to avoid being stomped on in the wake of the morning. Ray lit a cigarette and watched as they tried to contain the two Rexes. Just to make things worse the gate that separated the two enclosures opened and Rosco entered the field. He was being guided by Ellie as she ran just to the side of him.

The big male was clearly not as healthy as the other two, but he looked like he was not too happy with his fell Rex’s antics. His roar was the loudest of them all as it nearly shook the building. Ray had to cover his ears at how loud and strong that roar is.

It echoed across the courtyard and the enclosure. His displeasure was known and the other two dinosaurs instantly stopped causing a havoc and submitted. Exposing their throats in submission to the big male. Rosco growled low in his throat showing how displeased he was to the other two acting up. He watched as they instantly hunched down to show that Rosco is the boss.

“That shuts them up,” Ray said between puffs of smoke. He was glad he was able to smoke again. And for that he was happily puffing away on his cigarette. It was the simple joys such as this that Ray enjoyed. Despite the current situation with his fellows in the hospital room.

Just as he saw it Rosco came closer to his window. The large animal was not the most dangerous and he probably was looking for reassurance. From the look of his glassed eyes the larger animal still had not fully recovered from his ordeal and is a bit woozy. When he was even with him Ray only puffed before putting the stick down and giving the giant a gentle pat. A lowly rumble was all he heard from Rosco as he crooned.

“Sorry Ray!” said a voice and he looked down to see Ellie Sattler as she patted Rosco’s leg.

“No, prob, I miss the big guy anyways,” he said while stroking his snout. A low rumble was heard as he leaned in for more.

“Alright now big guy there is no need to worry…” just as he said it a loud roar was heard once again. Rosco reared he head nearly taking Ray with him, but luckily the African American let go of his snout as he reared up and roared his annoyance. A pained sound was heard from across the away and Junior came through towards them. Her head sunk low and she was whining. Ray sighed knowing what the little one wanted.

“Aww look at you did someone get a headache,” said Ellie as she sidestepped Junior who stumbled around a bit before falling. The T-Rex let out a small whine in protest as if she wanted some love as well. Ellie sighed as she walked up to the large animal and began to stroke her down. She knew the right spots after dealing with Rosco. The larger T-Rex leaned down and growled low to make her submit to his will. The smaller juvenile exposed her throat but still whined in pain.

Just as Ellie stroked her snout out came Gerry who did not look happy to be disturbed, “What the fuck is going on?” he demanded as he came towards Ellie.

 

“Junior has got a headache,” she said.

“Serves her right! She and Rexy dove into a ton of cocaine in the city after attacking a group of Cartel. I would figure she would be hungover from the overdose,” he said and thankfully had his bag with him. Pulling out a large syringe with some liquid inside he tapped it to extract the air before inserting it into an exposed vein.

“There that should take the edge off the headache now where….” as if to say something another animal came storming in this one was not whining as much but rather in a rage.

Rexy came smashing through the trees scaring away Tank and Spitz who were snoozing on a nearby bank of their watering hole. Both dinosaurs ran for their lives as Rexy smashed her head into the watering hole for a long drink. She kept drinking until she couldn’t drink no more and then roared when she gotten up to scare away others who might drink. That included Sarah who nearly injured herself again. Rosco snorted before pulling away to calm the large female down.

She growled at him and he raised himself up in confidence despite his wooziness. He let a loud roar go out showing his teeth. Rexy tried to take a bite out of him but he swatted her with his tail and she went down. He walked up to her and pinned her with his foot as she thrashed.

While this was going on the humans remained out of the way. “Should we stop them?” Ray asked.

“No, let them go Rosco is only trying to show her that he is the boss and that she should behave,” said Ellie.

“Are you sure?” asked Gerry a bit afraid of property damage.

“Yeah, I’m sure, I helped raise him after all. Besides he is trying to avoid damage look,” she said pointing. Sure enough she was right with the amount of damage that should have been caused by their fighting. There was a great lack of it. In fact it only took about ten minutes before Rosco had Rexy pinned and now when she tried to get up his snout was in her face with a deep growl coming out of it. His teeth were fully bared as he stared her down. She was on her back unable to get up because he had his foot on her belly ready to spill her intestines if she tried anything.

Then when it was over her snarling and crying turned into a more whining squeals. She lowered her claws in defeat as she submitted to him. Rosco gave a snort before he began to groom her to show her that she is fine.

“See what did I tell you,” Ellie said with confidence.

“Wow, I wish I knew back then,” Gerry replied and then sighed, “Well I am going to check on Tien and Rosie they are doing a bit better now that the worst is wore off. Rosie is going to be fine in a few days. Tien took the worst of it so he will be stuck in the holding pens until then. Henry just finished his shift so he is with Tien right now,” Gerry replied.

“That’s good,” Ellie said to him.

“Yeah the little guy is tough I give him that. Cindy should be finished within a few hours. So I should be checking in on Rosco then to see how he is doing. With that Gerry walked away leaving the three big carnivores with Ellie.

Ray watched it all from his post above them and had to laugh. Right on his patio railing is Sarah who flew up to get away from the commotion. From the sound of it she hurt her wing so Ray gently began to rug the area where he thought it would be sore. His mother did it to him when he played baseball with his boys back home. As he did so he could feel the gentle whistling noise of the pteranodon. She gave a thrill to thank him for it as if felt good to her.

“You are supposed to be on rest. That wing ain’t getting better if you keep doing that,” he said. She clacked her beak as if acknowledging him. Then she leaped down and bat walked towards the watering hole. As she drank she saw Tank doing the same with Spitz now that the commotion is done. He then started to notice something on Spitz. It was a change of color that was subtle but noticeable as he looked closer. Thinking it was a bit of sun he walked down to the ground floor and into the dinosaur enclosure.

As he walked towards Ellie she was busy soothing Rexy and Junior giving them both baths. Since they are somewhat still covered in coke. The rain and some of the aids had helped wash the large predators, but Ellie knew where they had missed and wanted to get it all out before this happens again. So she had her scrub brush that she and Alan modified from sweeping brooms and brushed the dinosaurs down with a light soap. The soap was made from of course an oatmeal based soap mixed with a few special oils to help with their skin issues. She is currently working on Rexy since she is the worst of the two. Junior it didn’t take her that long since she did not have much else left. But the big female had it worse.

So Ellie had poured some of the soap on her and with Rosco’s help managed to keep her down while she was doing it. After about five minutes Rexy was fine and laying down on her side enjoying the message.

“Wow you settled them fast enough,” Ray said to her as he came closer. Rexy opened one eye but paid him no attention. Rosco was enjoying his shower from the sprinklers. The other attendants of the compound had finally come out to help Ellie with the dinosaurs. Junior is sleeping off the massage while the children of the attendants are playing with Spitz and Tank. The smaller of which was being a horse for a group of children.

“Is it safe to have them around him?” Ray asked her as he saw the children playing with Spitz.

“Yeah, Spitz may be shy but he loves kids. He used to play with them back at the dig with Nico. Though I’ve noticed that his color is starting to change. I think he might be starting to mature and he has gotten bigger. So I would not be surprised since the fossil records show that an adult dilophosaur can reach a length of 23 feet long. I will have to get Gerry to do a full exam but I think he might be going through a growth spurt,” she said.

“What about Nico? The other one will he grow too? Since Henry mentioned that he is not a velociraptor?” he asked Ellie.

“I don’t know, I will have to ask him since Alan is not available,” she said sadly.

“Hey doc don’t worry Cindy and Henry are working on it,” he said to Ellie as he puffed on his cigarette.

“Well if he is still growing maybe this would help him become better at defending himself from other dinos,” Ray said to her as he finished his cigarette. He flicked it across towards the watering hole. The small hiss could be heard as it hit the wet footprint that was near it but not enough to go into it. Ellie watched with disgust how he can casually smoke at a time like this. But she figured that such an act was just that..an act. She patted Rexy down more before moving on towards Junior. Rosco was sleeping off to the side where the sun was warmest in the enclosure. Though this place is small it has provided them shelter from the outside.

A rumble could be heard as Rexy snorted into Ray’s face. The man nearly gagged from the smell of her foul breath. But other then that the large dinosaur was enjoying the scrub she was getting.

“There you go I almost got it all off of you,” Ellie said smiling as the last of the cocane powder was removed from Rexy. The predator was more then relieved to have it gone and even rolled over to show her relaxation. Junior was already asleep alongside Rosco as the male was still recovering from being sick.

“How is Nico doing?” she asked Ray as she finally got off and headed towards the inside of the compound to get cleaned up.

“Gerry said that he should be waking soon. The treatments that Cindy had concocted seemed to be working. The blood transfusion from Rosco is also helping to aid in his recovery.” Ray replied as Ellie breathed a sigh of relief for one good thing to happen.

“Come on Dr. Sattler I am sure that you are probably going to need a bath and something to eat,” Ray said as he escorted her to the building helping to carry her stuff. The woman gladly took the help as she set her tools in a special holding area. Then she went towards the showers reserved for women. Ray stood there waiting until she came back out in fresh clothes and proceeded towards the cafeteria where most of the staff are eating.

“So how are you doing so far with dealing with this bullshit?” asked Ray as he sat down with a tray of food. Ellie sighed as she settled down to help herself to some food.

“Mark and I are doing the best we can to help with the museum and all. Alan’s property is destroyed. Those guys that raided his home had set his house on fire as well as the surrounding land and facilities. It would be almost impossible to get enough money to fix everything and get it running again. So we decided to sell the land in hopes to get some revenue back. So far we have quite a bit of buyers. We just need Alan’s signature to get it done.” she said.

“But so far Alan is not in the position to do so,” Ray replied with a sigh.

“Well that is the thing, Alan was the one who wanted to sell the land after the incident with the raiders. The insurance would not cover the amount of damages for the land and they don’t include terrorists raids so before we came here originally he wanted to sell the property to get something back from it. Though the thought of it at the time was hard,” Ellie replied.

Ray understood the meaning of loss as he looked at the dinosaurs in front of him from the side video screen. His food in his hands as he started to eat. Taking a deep breath he looked out towards the television.

“You know before I became the head of operations at Jurassic Park I was nothing more then a tech at a rising computer firm. In fact that was how I met Dennis Nedry. Both of us worked for the same company before signing up for InGen. However Nedry was more of the computer programmer while I was in the engineering department. In fact a lot of my ideas on park security designs went out the window due to John Hammonds executive board refusing to fund the projects,” Ray replied.

“What projects were those?” asked Ellie as she ate from her soup bowl.

“Well one of them was a design that would help the system do an automatic reboot should the power go out or the security systems shut down. It was a fail safe that ensures that the dinosaurs and the visitors remain safe in case of something like this. You see Isla Nublar and the rest of the islands of Las Cinco Muretes are prone to hurricanes so we have to constantly watch out for power outages. In fact the hurricane areas that were designed for the park are not designed to help in case of dinosaurs breaking out as you saw. Some of the designs I proposed were not good enough for the board. In fact if Hammond and I had it our way we would build those shelters and ensure that everyone is safe so that way less people would be killed by escaping predators. We would have had repairs done faster and things would have been a lot smoother if we had those,” he said.

“So do you have a copy of those designs?” Ellie asked.

“Yeah I got the blue prints back in my room. When we go back there I can show you and the rest of the guys,” Ray said.

“Show us what?” said another voice and Ian hobbled over to them. His leg was still in its cast but he was able to get around without the wheel chair.

“Ray was telling me of the things he wanted to do to improve security and welfare of the animals as well as safety, but the InGen board refused his offers.” Ellie said.

“Oh this I have to hear do tell,” Ian said sitting down as Ray went over with Ian the same thing he told Ellie. When he was done Ian was impressed at the scenarios that Ray said which shocked the mathematician. When he was finished it left Ian speechless to hear such a tale from a man who spends his time smoking.

“So let me get this straight, all this shit could have been prevented had the board approved of your designs for the park?” Ian asked him and the man nodded.

“Fucking Christ!” he said leaning back and kissed the cross on his neck to ask for forgiveness.

“Where did you get that?” asked Ellie noticing the object around his neck.

“I always had it, though I put it in my pocket when Rexy went on a rampage,” Ian replied thinking about his girlfriend back home. He sighed as he put it back in his hospital gown.

“You miss her? Or are you looking for anyone new?” Ellie teased him laughing at his pale expression.

“No, I won’t besides she is watching the kids. How can I leave her to that bunch,” Ian replied laughing. The others looked at him as if he lost his mind. Ian quickly finished his food before leaning back.

 

“You know flirting is not meant to say ‘I want you in bed’. It is also used as a way to make friends,” Ian replied.

“Ah, huh,” Ellie replied her eyebrow raised and her demeanor spoke of an ‘I don’t believe you,’ attitude.

“Ah come on Dr. Sattler I know about you and Dr. Grant not being in a relationship. Some of the others thought you were but me...nope. I know a play when I see one. Pretend your in a relationship to hide the fact that you are just very close friends, siblings from a past life maybe. But boyfriend and girlfriend? Come on! You both scream, ‘We are not in love,’ kind of deal,” he said laughing.

“And you have had too much morphine,” said Ray glaring at him.

“4 milligrams if I remember correctly,” Ian replied which made both of them blanch. Such a dosage was dangerous if not used correctly. That is for the most severe pain even in a trauma unit.

“Who the fuck gave you that amount?” asked Ray shocked to hear it.

“Oh some nurse who was very nice and very...tasty,” Ian replied as he started to make his way back towards his room. His crutches wobbling a bit before he exited the room. Ray signaled to the male nurse standing guard to watch Ian and he replied with a nod before following him.

“That is not safe is it?” Ellie said to him.

“No, it is not, my mom was a nurse and she said that four milligrams is for the most extreme trauma patients and for emergencies only. You must never give it out to someone who is recovering at that amount. The safest amount is a .1 mil of morphine if the pain is too much for the patient. But never give that amount after one dose for it is too addicting and dangerous,” Ray replied and Ellie nodded in agreement knowing that she gave him a few pills back on Isla Nublar to dull the pain of the gunshot wound.

“Who would give him that amount?” asked Ellie.

“I don’t know but I will let the doctors know immediately.” he said and stood up. He quickly walked over to one of the nurses standing watch and asked in Spanish who was Ian’s doctor. The nurse went to a phone and started calling an extension. He quickly said something in Spanish before hanging up and replying back to Ray. Ellie who doesn’t speak Spanish was puzzled till Ray had a look on his face that showed his confusion.

“What is it?” she asked.

“The doctor didn’t instruct any of the nurses to give Ian morphine. In fact he told them the opposite,” he said and then his eyes went wide before both he and Ellie rushed from the room but not before Ray alerted the nurse to call security.

When they gotten to Ian’s room there was nurse was on the ground with a stranger. There was blood everywhere and Ian was on the ground opposite of them. The nurse who followed Ian was also there but he was off in the corner clutching a scalpel and looking fearful.

“What is it?” asked another voice and General Vitkiss was in the room immediately. As soon as he saw it he began to bark orders to his men to secure the area and find out who did this.

“First Dr. Bradshaw and now Dr. Malcolm what the fuck is going on?” asked the General.

“I think we have someone who does not want this to be cured. I would suggest extra security here,” Ray said and the General nodded before he began to bark orders. As the men went to search for the nurse. The doctor in the meantime went to check on Ian to make sure he is fine before helping him back to bed. The man was then attached to many machines to monitor his health.

“Dr. Malcolm will be fine I will make sure his system is flushed out. In the meantime I can’t allow him to use any more morphine. I don’t know who has been giving it to him, but he should have stopped a while ago,” he said to them.

“You are?” Ray asked the doctor.

That man turned around and Ray’s eyes went wide, “Jake? Jake Figaro? Fuck when did you get back?” Ray said to him as shook his hand and at Ellie’s confused face Ray introduced him.

“I’m sorry Dr. Sattler this is Dr. Jake Figaro head physician at Jurassic Park. He was one of the people who left on the boat before the storm hit. And I thought he went back to the states. When did you get back?” Ray asked.

“I just got back in last night. They said that you needed a break and since I also have clearance to Jurassic Park’s files alongside Henry they could use my expertise. Besides I could not leave poor Henry to starve.” Jake said laughing and Ray hugged his friend.

The man was dark skinned like Ray but he had a lighter tone to his skin color while Ray was darker. The two men from what Ellie could tell must have known each other pretty well to be more then just acquaintances. As if reading her mind Ray smiled after hugging his friend.

“Sorry Dr. Sattler but Jake and I grew up together in Harlem. Both of us enjoyed the time we spent together and he is like a brother to me. I managed to get him the job at Jurassic Park because they needed medical experts in case something happens where we can’t take them out. So I got him in and boy did he not want to leave. Turns out my friend is a bit of a dino nerd,” he said laughing.

“Yeah and I remembered the good old days. I had to leave because I have an appointment with a few friends on the mainland about transferring my wife to here. But when I got here I found out what happened with Hurricane Clarissa. Shit, I never could have thought Nedry would do something like this despite his condition.” he said.

“What condition? Look I know you have that patient confidentiality thing going on but Nedry is dead,” said Ray as he looked at Jake with a serious look on his face.

“What? Nedry’s dead? How the fuck….is his heart?” Jake asked shocked to hear that the head programmer died on his watch.

“No, he didn’t die because of a heart attack. He shut down the security systems so he could steal embryos from Dr. Wu’s lab and then gotten killed by that animal out there,” Ray said pointing to Spitz who was lounging outside with Rexy and Junior. Tank was resting next to Rosco who was on Rexy’s other side enjoying the sun.

“The T-Rex killed...oh wait you are pointing to the...is that a dilophosaurus? What is it doing with the Rexes and is that an Ankylosaur? What the fuck is going on Ray?” he asked him as the other African American looked at him with a smirk on his face.

“My friend when your shift ends come find me and I will tell you what happened. But right now how is their condition as far as sicknesses go?” Ray asked looking at the quarantine area and Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon along with a few others. The other man sighed as he turned to Ray.

“Not good, but thankfully we managed to keep them stable so far. The colder temperatures of the area helps to keep them at a stable rate. At least for now,” Jake said slowly as they all gotten what he was trying to tell them.

“From what I hear Cindy has something cooked up,” Ray replied as the man finished with his last patient and sat down with Ray and Ellie in the lunch room.

“Dr. Figaro, how bad has Alan gotten?” Ellie asked.

“Who is Alan?” Jake replied confused but Ray rolled his eyes before saying, ‘Dr. Grant,’

“Oh,” Jake said as he took a sip from a drink that Ellie had gotten for him. He then lowered his drink before answering, “Dr. Grant is in poor condition. These people hadn’t been giving him the proper care to begin with. But then again this place does not have the proper equipment as an E.R. hospital. So I had some of the nurses go to the nearby hospitals and get me bags of equipment that I need to help treat them better. The cure won’t do well if my patients can’t physically be up to snuff to take it. Yet on the side note I am still surprised this place hasn’t come down yet with the amount of dangerous carnivores you have in here,” Jake said to Ray and Ellie as sat there in the cafeteria.

“That is because they are not ours...well most of them are not ours.” Ray replied.

“I recognized Rexy and Junior but I don’t recognize the others,” Ray said to him.

“They belong to Dr. Grant,” Ellie replied with fondness as she looked at the dinosaurs outside.

“Oh, so I take it the loud noises I heard this morning were them,” Jake replied to them and they nodded both in agreement. Just as they were about to speak more Cindy came through the doors of the cafeteria. She looked like she was about to fall over when she went to the coffee machine. But after a few cups she felt better as she sat down with them.

“Sorry but I needed a break,” she said and they saw the dark circles under her eyes. It was as if she was not sleeping but she laughed and told them that the microscope she was using just made her eyes tired. She yawned as she drank her cup of coffee.

“How’s it coming along Doc?” asked Ray trying to cheer her up.

“Swell I suppose, we are nearing a point where I can start human testing within the next few days. If it were possible I would like to start on a few people from the city first since they are the least exposed. It is too dangerous to start on Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon and a few others who are the worst cases. If I can get this to work I can move further to finding the cure. Dr. Figaro has been most helpful in suggesting a way to keep the patients stable till I am able to find a cure. But we can’t keep them in cold storage forever. Their bodies will start to resist,” said Cindy.

“We know, you are doing your best Cindy and we thank you,” Ellie said to her and she could see the tears wanting to form on her eyes. She put down the coffee cup and stared at the woman closely.

“Dr. Sattler how close are you to Dr. Grant?” she asked her out of curiosity.

“Alan and I grew up together. He is like an older brother to me, family, even when his parents died and he was put into out care. Though I am younger then him he always saw me as his little sister and he is my big brother. So yeah that is how close we are,” Ellie said to her.

“I see, family ties are hard to break. I will see if I can return your brother to you Dr. Sattler. In the meantime I will leave you to it since my break is now over and I have two hours to go before my shift ends,” she said standing up and bidding them a good day.

Ellie sat there with Ray and Jake watching her leave.

“She should rest,” Ellie stated as she watched the other woman leave.

“She has been working hard but only Henry could convince her to take a break,” Jake said to Ellie.

“So do they have a relationship?” Ellie asked curious and then quickly apologized for intruding on some private business. Ray waved her off as he explained Henry and Cindy’s relationship. “Not to worry Doc, everyone at Isla Nublar knew about them. It was no secret at all that Henry is head over heals for her. She just might be the new Mrs. Wu after this. But who knows I normally don’t do gossip, but there is hardly anything to do since we got here and we need Alan’s help to track down those rogue dino dealers. I’m just afraid that if we don’t have both of them up soon all of this will be for nothing and the animals will be put down.” Ray said his worry clouding his face.

Ellie looked at the dinosaurs outside the window lounging around only Tank and Sarah seemed to be busy. Sarah was grooming herself while Tank was munching away on some hay left for her. She seemed displeased by the same amount of food, but she does not complain. As she walked towards the watering hole she looked up at the window to see Ellie there smiling at her. With a huff and a snort she went to drink some water.

Then Ellie turned around to face Ray just as the door opened to let in Henry.

“How’s the human testing going?” Ellie asked him as the Asian man sat down.

“So far only three people are responding to the treatments. The others are taking longer because the cases with them are a bit more severe. Only two people have died due to complications. It will take a few more tweaks and then we are ready to try it on Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon,” said Henry.

“They are not going to last long Henry,” said Ray getting outraged by the whole ordeal.

“That is why Jake said he was going to drop the temperature to slow the progress down to give us time. It is not easy to come up with a cure or a vaccine. It takes time and energy and I have enough stress on my hands between dealing with my dinosaurs and this,” Henry said sounding exhausted for the first time. Ellie perked up at this when she heard about Henry’s mentioning of his dinosaurs.

“Are you talking about Rexy and Junior?” she asked him.

“No, those are not mine they are InGen’s. I have a Troodon named Tien and a Velociraptor the same one you saw at the lab. I named her Rosie since she is so cheerful all the time.” he said to her.

“Can I see them?” asked Ellie suddenly changing the subject to something she can deal with other then the lingering emotions behind her. Nodding Henry and Ray led her towards the part of the hospital where Gerry works with the dinosaurs. There they saw the man finishing his checkup on Tien. Upon hearing them enter the troodon lifted his head and saw Henry. He gave a croon which Henry reached over and stroked him gently with.

“How’s my brave boy,” he said to him.

“He should be fine in two more days Henry. He just needs to gain back his strength,” said Gerry as he gave the smaller animal a friendly grooming session. Tien slowly rose to his feet and for the first time saw the wounds on his side.

“Henry, are those bullet holes?” she asked him.

“Yeah, Tien protected Cindy from an assassin. That is how she found out that his and Spitz’s venom contains properties that might help the vaccine.” he said to her.

“Venom? He’s venomous?” she asked him.

“Yeah, Gerry can explain it better then me, but right now I want to spend time with them before I return to work,” Henry said to them and that was their cue to leave.

They eventually made their way to Ray’s office which is the main security area. Ellie and Ray sat down near the monitors to observe what was going on. She watched video feeds of the dinosaurs as they moved throughout the enclosure. Though the enclosure was small by dinosaur standards. It was comfortable enough for them to move around in.

“Don’t worry they have a whole forested area for them outside. The compound is only a small building area compared to the main enclosure that they are now free to roam in. But for some reason they preferred to stay here,” said Ray as he leaned back on his chair.

“This place is safe for them where as outside is unfamiliar,” Ellie replied remembering when she was helping Alan raise the dinosaurs. They refused to leave the house until Alan coaxed them out to hunt. Then they started to explore.

This seems like the same situation except that gates were always closed. Ellie turned to Ray and gave him a questioning look.

“It’s to make sure the DX virus does not leave the compound. After what happened in the main city the government decided to keep them here until the situation is under control.

“What about Terry and Iggy?” asked Ellie worried about the aquatic animals seen off shore.

“From my understanding they should be fine. The virus has not effected them nor has it effected the nearby wildlife. So far the two of them remained near the islands of Las Cinco Muertes. I think for them it is a hunting territory since several deep sea currents go through that area before going further out into the Pacific. Costa Rica is on the border where many of the hurricanes in the Pacific are born. So I am not surprised that they remained there because there is food available.” Ray replied.

“Well that’s a relief and from what I understand they had gotten familiar with the shipping lanes so they should stay clear,” Ellie replied relieved. As she watched Spitz and Rosco playing in the courtyard she smiled at the way the larger animal was making mock displays along with Spitz. They often play this way and then play leads to grooming sessions that can last for hours. Rexy being still hung over from the overdose of cocaine was lounging near the watering hole enjoying the sun. Junior was busy teasing some of the keepers who seemed frightened of her.

Ellie shook her head at their antics. She could tell that Junior is not going to kill them but is rather having fun. Just by the swing of her tail she could see that plain as day. But then again most of the keepers don’t know a thing about taking care of dinosaurs. Something she will have to rectify while she is here.

“How is Rexy doing?” Ray asked zooming in on the T-Rex.

“She is getting better she just needs some TLC and then she will be herself again,” Ellie said to him smiling. She then got up and walked out to spend some time with Alan or looking at Alan.

As she made her way through the compound to check on her friend she spotted Cindy again with a tray in her hand.

“Need help with that?” Ellie asked her coming closer.

“No, no, that won’t be necessary I am just taking these prototype medications to my volunteers. There are a bunch of people who volunteered for this and I want to make sure that they are taken care of. I also sent one to Nico down in the animal pens to see how it would go for him,” Cindy said. Ellie then changed course to go find Gerry.

Thankfully Gerry was there along with other vets to administer the drug. The raptor was not looking good as his health was continuing to improve. Ellie watched as Gerry placed the first shot into Nico hoping that would help him. He patted his side and adjusted his I.V. before turning to Ellie.

“Let’s just hope for the best. Cindy said this one has the mixture she was working on with the combined venom compounds. Hopefully we get something out of it.” Gerry said sadly. He had grown to like the raptor when he was healthy seeing as he was one of the few that could take on the ‘Big One.’

Ellie got up to check up on everyone else. The others were just lounging around with Tank munching away on some hay that was brought to her. She even gained a following of parrots that seemed to take a liking to her armored shell. Spitz was trying to catch them for the hell of it while Sarah was busy preening. The basket of fish left for her was still hanging nearby.

“Did you check her wings?” Ellie asked Gerry after they were done cleaning out the animal pens.

“Yeah she should be good in about a week or so,” said Gerry sounding happy for the first time in a while.

Ellie saw the dark circles under his eyes, “Did you get any sleep?” she asked him and he shook his head, “Tien and Rosie had taken a bad hit with that assassin and so I had to keep an eye on them. Now that the danger’s past and I helped extract the venom from Tien I wanted to sleep, but things keep popping up.” he said and Ellie thankfully put her hand on his shoulder, “Maybe I can help now that I am here. Perhaps I can help get some of this stuff arranged so you can rest. Let me finish this for you, go get some sleep Gerry.” she said to him.

“Thanks and make sure Ian does not cause any more trouble,” he said smirking and Ellie shook her head as she held up her left hand. On it was the engagement ring that Mark had given her so Gerry started laughing as he walked away towards his room.

Just as the door was closed Ellie could see how tired everyone was. This situation in the city and the events that happened in the park on Isla Nublar really started taking a toll on everyone. As she turned towards the compound she could barely make out the silhouette of both Henry and Cindy as they shared a room together. The guards are busy patrolling the area and the animals are busy keeping to themselves for now.

It was then that a snort was felt behind her. Turning her head Ellie made out the greenish snout of Rosco as the Rex could sense her discomfort. Smiling at him she patted his snout and scratched his head.

“I know boy I hope Nico gets better too,” she said.

 

LATER

By the end of the day Ellie managed to sit down to enjoy her dinner when there was a knock on the door. Getting up and walking towards it she was surprised by the sight of Cindy as she walked in.

“Hello?” Ellie said and Cindy looked kind of sheepish as she stood there.

“Can I come in?” she asked Ellie and the other woman opened the door further to let her in. Cindy stepped in and closed the door behind her. She noticed that Ellie’s room was still unpacked seeing as her stuff was still in their bags.

“They didn’t give you much time to unpack didn’t they?” Cindy said indicating the bags. Sheepishly Ellie shook her head, “No they did not. As soon as I got here I had to go straight to work. How’s Alan doing?” she asked and the woman sighed.

“Well at least the new medication I gave him has helped slowed down the disease so he does not have to go through cold treatments no more. So I think that is a good sign. However given the advanced stage that he is in I am just praying to God that what I am doing is going to help.” Cindy said as she sat down on the couch. Ellie looked downtrodden by the announcement but at least it was a good sign.

“How long do you think before you can start seeing results?” she asked Cindy.

“Well that depends on how strong Dr. Grant’s immune system is. The catalyst to getting the antibodies to work on humans came from the venom samples that I had taken from both Spitz and Tien. Rosco’s blood played an important role in getting the antibodies needed to fight the disease. But the time it takes to adapt it to humans is too long in my book. But luckily the chickens that Henry provided to carry the proteins helped tremendously.” she said smiling.

Ellie was glad to hear that one, “So how did the volunteers take it?” she asked her as she offered coffee. Cindy declined saying that she needs to sleep. So Ellie had gotten a couple of glasses and some water instead. Seeing as she needs to be sober the next day to deal with the animals.

Cindy sighed as she drank her water, “The volunteers varied most are taking it rather well with positive results. I had so far had five fatalities. All of them with compromised immune systems. But two people are showing the most promising results even with their weakened immune states. I will be testing them more later to make sure there are no complications with the testing,” she said with a sliver of hope in her voice. Ellie knew that this subject was touchy but she had to know that is why she asked. But the other question had to be asked as well and so she decided to change the subject.

“How are things with you and Henry going?” she asked knowing of their relationship through Ray.

“We are working things out with our schedules. Both of us are so tired that we barely had time to spend with each other. In fact he just gotten back from shift and fell asleep without eating anything. I just ate two bowls of soup before coming here. I needed to have another female to talk to that does not speak Spanish,” she said laughing. Ellie had to laugh with her two. She knows what it is like to have to find someone who speaks the same language as her.

“I know it is hard but hang in there. You are doing so much for so many people,” Ellie encouraged. That made Cindy smile a bit before a yawn came out. She too had dark circles under her eyes.

“Are you alright?” Ellie asked.

“I had been having nightmares of the incident for a while. I think someone is trying to stop us. So the government and the guards had been patrolling double time. So far no results,” said Cindy.

“Did you use the dinosaurs?” Ellie asked and Cindy shook her head, “Tien and Rosie are still recovering. I will not risk their lives to deal with such a man. Besides the assassin is dead and even then there will be more coming. I have a feeling that whoever dealt with the virus also does not want evidence found. Henry had backups made of the disks to keep them safe,” she said to Ellie.

“That’s good to know. But really how are you doing?” she asked putting the emphasis on you.

Cindy sighed as she leaned back on the couch, “Honestly?” she said and Ellie nodded.

“I’m exhausted! This is the most difficult disease I managed to tackle so far. And I thought the H.I.V. virus was bad. This one is worst!” Cindy replied as she leaned her head down.

“And then when I found out that Henry was involved I had to be the one to do something about it. Me! I needed to be down here with him because let’s face it Henry is good at what he does. He is good with genetics but he is horrible when it comes to diseases, that is more my expertise. So I came down here to help. Because he also needs me here to remind him that he is human and not some sort of machine,” Cindy replied. Ellie nodded her agreement as they both sat there and just contemplated the men in their lives.

“Alan is a brother to me. We grew up together, went to school together and hell graduated from the same college. He and I had been thick as thieves for years despite our age difference.” Ellie joked.

“How is he not your boyfriend?” Cindy asked Ellie and the other woman gagged. She turned to the dark haired woman and made disgusted noises.

“Alan was adopted into my family when I was three and he was just becoming a teenager. So he basically took care of me when we were growing up. We were that close. Even after he left to go to school to become a paleontologist I still would visit his dorm. His parents were killed in a car accident and he was left with the state. My parents were looking for someone to adopt since I was the only child they could ever had. My father was unable to produce any more semen due to an accident at work which forced them to...you know,” she said and Cindy winced. She wanted to help that much and knew that if what she says is true then she will work harder to make it happen.

Just right now she needs to sleep.

“Cindy I think you need to sleep as much as Henry. Don’t worry about any more assassins you are protected by the best watchdogs out there,” Ellie said to her.

Cindy can only smile in reply as she gotten up from her sitting spot. Thanking Ellie for the talk she was escorted back to her room before Ellie returned to hers. When she entered she found Rosco there with his large head through the window.

“You sneaky shit!” she giggled at him and only gotten a rumble in reply. She then gave him a hug on his snout and patted him down, “I know I miss him too buddy,” she said thinking of Alan. A large puff of air blew through her hair and the smell of rotting flesh filled her nostrils for a second. She patted him down a bit more before he pulled away knowing he wanted some cuddles before he retires for the night. She looked out from her balcony to the grounds below. Spitz, Tank and Sarah were sleeping together while Rosco is seen walking towards them. Rexy slept a few feet away still while Junior decided that sleeping next to Tank was the best option for her. So she curled up to the herbivore to sleep.

The only one sleeping in isolation due to the fencing was of course Nico who still has shown no signs of waking. Sighing to herself she turned back towards her room to get some sleep. Hopefully tomorrow will have better results.

 

TBC

Notes:

I wrote this when I was on vacation. I needed a mental break to write at the time as well as a break from everything. Too much bullshit for me to deal at both home and work. So the vacation was a nice way to reset and relax enough to get this chapter out. Wow.

Chapter 37: The Cure Part 2

Notes:

I wrote this last year before the holidays so it is shorter then normal. And on a side note remember this English is not my first language so there will be spelling errors.

This was originally published on fanfiction.net and is now on Wattpad and AO3.

Chapter Text

SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA

 

“Hello girl,” said Cindy as she emerged from the main building.

The only one up this late at night was Ellie as she was petting Sarah. The other woman sighed as she gave Sarah one final pat before leaning against a sleeping Tank.

“Honestly I am just as exhausted as you. I can’t believe I forgot about Tien’s birth,” Ellie said to her. Remembering the conversation they had earlier about Tien and how he saved Cindy’s life.

“Yeah, Henry told me that you were there when he hatched. I guess exhaustion gets the better of us all,” Cindy said as she leaned back also against the larger ankylosaur. Tank only gave a rumble before she fell back asleep. Beside her was Rosco who had his tail wrapped around his so called ‘sister.’ Spitz was out and about in the jungle hunting with Rexy and Junior. The enclosure that they are in are in was all that was keeping them safe. The gate that opened into the much larger pen was all that the dinosaurs needed to move about and feel more at home in the modern jungle. Rexy, Junior and Spitz had been hanging around each other a lot since this whole crisis and so it was natural that they stayed together. Spitz enjoyed the more motherly affection that Rexy is giving him along with Junior. The adult T-Rex is just as protective of the younger dinosaurs as she is of herself. The only one who can match her is Rosco. But he is still recovering from his run with the DX virus.

The large lug was slumbering away his snores could be felt in the bones of the two women in the enclosure.

“So how are Tien and Rosie?” Ellie asked Cindy as they spoke.

“Well Tien is due back the day after tomorrow. Gerry wants to do one more exam to see if he is better while Rosie would be back first thing tomorrow morning. The others are missing them.” Cindy said and Ellie nodded to the direction of the medical wing. Both dinosaurs had nearly died protecting their master’s girlfriend. Rosie was in the enclosure while Tien was in Cindy’s room. They both sensed danger and acted on it. That much they know and thanks to Ellie’s input.

“How’s the cure?” Ellie asked as she leaned back.

“We are ready to test the first samples on some of the residents. If this works we can see if we get Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon to the forefront,” Cindy replied.

“When will you do the first trial runs?” Ellie asked.

“Tomorrow morning after we released Rosie back into the enclosure. I wanted to make sure that she is ok before we start,” Cindy replied.

The distant roars of Rexy and Junior had the two women smiling before Sarah’s beak came down again. Both of them gave her some attention before she gave a few flaps.

“Gerry removed that splint right?” Cindy asked.

“Yeah he did this morning. She should be good to go now so I am not too worried about her. Sarah is just reluctant to leave us behind while she hunts that’s all. Such a diva,” Ellie said to her. The thrill she gotten in reply was enough to make Ellie laugh as the pterosaur flapped her wings wanting to fly again.

“Go on girl you need to exercise and go fish. That is what you do anyways. Besides José must be worried about you,” she said to her.

At the mention of the boat captain Sarah flapped her wings and with a leap was gone. That led to the two girls laughing as they looked at the enclosure.

“You know, I am starting to see what you and Henry have for each other,” said Ellie as the other woman laughed.

“Yeah, we both met back in Med-School. He was of course studying genetics and I was studying virology. It was two different worlds, but we made it work. Next thing we know we were dating and now this,” Cindy said indicating the dinosaurs and the enclosure.

“So are you going to stay or are you going back to the mainland?” asked Ellie with an eyebrow raised.

“Well I was thinking of moving my work here since tropical diseases is my specialty. Costa Rica is full of them. It also allows me to be closer to Henry. With Henry’s work on dinosaurs as I found out when I came here I guess I can switch to prehistoric diseases as well. Since the dinosaurs are going to need someone who can help them with being sick,” Cindy replied.

Ellie chuckled as she fully relaxed against Tank.

“So tell me Dr. Sattler you had been with Dr. Grant since you were three years old. He must really be a good brother to help you through life,” Cindy said. Ellie was quiet for a time before she nodded. A tear in her eye when she did so.

“Alan is all I have left of my family. We had both been together for as long as I can remember. Doing things together and even trash talking about each others dates. Alan was married once you know a few years back. It didn’t work out because his wife wanted something more inclined to Indiana Jones then studying dinosaurs. No kids came from it though she didn’t want kids. She wanted adventure and excitement but he wanted a family. When I met Mark and started dating Alan wanted to make sure that Mark was a descent guy and not some asshole. You should have seen the way he threatened Mark. I laughed my ass off when I saw that.” she said to her.

“How did Dr. Grant threaten your fiance?” Cindy asked curiously.

“He...well he used Rosco,” she said pointing to the T-Rex who was snoring soundly from where he was next to Tank. The T-Rex in question didn’t even move since he is still recovering from being sick.

“How is Nico doing?” Cindy asked Ellie worried about the raptor.

“He is still the same but at least he is stable,” she said to her.

“I am surprised that the disease effects Rosco less then Nico but then again that shows the age of the disease.” Cindy said to her.

“So you think this disease is from the late Cretaceous Period?” asked Ellie as she looked at the other dinosaur still in the sick bay.

“Yeah that is what Henry and I were guessing. Since he is after all a raptor. We don’t know what kind of raptor he is, but from what Henry told me he is not a velociraptor that is for sure. Rosie obviously is, but Nico? Henry did a DNA test and he doesn’t know what species he actually is. Jurassic Park and InGen’s data is limited, so we will have to wait and see. And also he is still growing so that means that Nico and Spitz are still juveniles from what he told me.” Cindy replied.

“So both Nico and Spitz have a bit of growing to do. I can see Spitz as still a juvenile since a dilophosaurus grows up to twenty feet and Spitz is last measured at half that length. But Nico? Just how big will he get?” she asked Cindy.

“We don’t know, not until we know what species he is that is for sure. But Henry assures me that Gerry is keeping an eye on him.” Cindy replies.

Ellie was glad that she has the virus expert with her when they finally left. As they went in she was greeted by Gerry who came out of the pens to check on Nico’s progress.

“How is he?” she asked him.

“Well he is stable and Cindy started giving him the treatment shots to help. Rosco’s blood transfusion is also helping with his immune system. So far so good for now,” said Gerry. Ellie couldn’t be more relieved to hear the good news.

“And she said she was going to start the trial runs on the cure tomorrow,” she said to Gerry.

“Yeah and the vaccine too since she is force to work that fast. The fatalities are very high Ellie. They may not say much but I been getting reports about it for a while. Mostly with dinosaurs but humans it has been increasing. So hopefully this trial run works and we can get the right meds out.” Gerry said worried as he walked in.

Ellie looked down saddened by the fact that Alan might not have a fighting chance soon. Tears started to fall but Gerry reached out and grabbed her shoulder in comfort.

“Hey it’s going to be ok. Alan has the best with him and I have faith in Henry and Cindy. They can do this,” he said with some hope to his voice.

“A geneticist and an epidemiologist? What has the world come to,” Ellie replied as she was led inside.

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

With the morning came a new sense of purpose as people began to gather for hopefully a bright day. Rosco was outside the cage with the other dinosaurs watching as Cindy and her team went to Nico’s cage. The raptor was still out, but thanks to Rosco’s blood transfusion it helped to keep him stable.

“Alright here goes nothing. So far it worked on rats and birds so dinosaurs which are related to birds might have a chance,” she said and injected the medicine into an exposed artery. She patted him down and started to head into the hospital.

“So far the dinosaur has been treated and the others minus the bull T-Rex have been vaccinated. So that leaves the humans of this facility. So far we only have a few fatalities due to allergic reactions. But our most prominent members are still to be treated. That I will do personally along with Dr. Wu and Dr. Figaro. Extra security was made to ensure that the cure was not tampered with or destroyed. General Vitkiss is here along with the governor of San José.” said Cindy as she waited with her team and speaking to the local press.

Ellie watched them all from the sick cage with Nico. The raptor was the first to be treated since he was one of those who had it worse. Next would be Alan and Mr. Muldoon but she can’t be there with them because of how risky it was. So she was asked to stay with Nico. Ellie looked worried because she has not seen her friend in a long time. She wanted to go to her big brother. But she also has a sort-of son to take care of. Nico also needed her support and so she remained with him.

Rosco, Spitz, Tank, Sarah, Rexy and Junior all remained. Tien and Rosie had been released into the sick cage with Ellie and both are around Nico. Since they are smaller and younger they gave their chirps of encouragement to him.

The raptor however didn’t move. He remained motionless except for the occasional breath he takes to breath. The sound of the heart monitors were the only noise in the sick cage. Since Nico was too large to put inside the raptor was here along with Rosco for the first part. Now he was alone with only Rosie and Tien for company. Ellie stroked his snout softly and hummed a lullaby to him. It was the same one she heard when she was a child.

It was one that Alan used to sing to them and to Owen and Maria when they needed comfort from the nightmares out on the dig. A soft croon was heard from Rosco as the T-Rex began to rumble softly as if singing as well. It was followed by Spitz, Tank and Sarah.

Gerry who was monitoring Nico heard the sound coming from them as they tried to copy Ellie. Tears filled her eyes as she sang her song to the raptor. Gerry felt himself tearing up a bit before trying go back to business.

When she was done she had her arms wrapped around the raptor. The dinosaurs however kept on ‘singing,’ it sounded haunting and a bit off, but people started to complain. Yet no one said anything directly because what can they say to a dinosaur.

She held on to him stroking him softly as he slept. The monitors were the only noise other then the dinosaurs.

 

A FEW HOURS LATER

 

It was well past noon when the first signs of life started to stir with Nico. Ellie was awoken by the steady yet weak croon that was coming from under her. She jerked up in surprise when she felt something moving from under her. She saw Nico slowly open his eyes for the first time in weeks.

“Nico?” she whispered.

The raptor turned his head and gave a weak chirp in greeting. At least his awakening was not as violent as Rosco’s had been. Another croon was followed this one from behind her and it was deeper and louder. She turned her head to see Rosco himself there with his eye on the cage. Along with Spitz, Tank and Sarah all three of his other siblings the raptor gave a chirp in greeting.

He was also assaulted by the chirps and yips of Tien and Rosie who nuzzled him softly in greeting. A gentle hiss was all that she had in reply from Nico as he flexed his claws.

“Gerry,” Ellie whispered to the man sleeping on the chair next to her. Gerry Harding didn’t move his snore evident.

Rosco decided to be mischievous and snorted quite loudly spewing snot all over the Vet. Coughing and gagging Gerry fell out of his chair much to Ellie’s laughter.

“Awk! Gross! Rosco!” he said to the bull and all he got was a rumble as if he was laughing.

“Gerry!” Ellie said getting his attention. The Vet turned to see Nico was awake and the raptor was a bit sluggish in moving. He quickly went to check on his vitals before getting the monitors off of him and the I.V.’s since Nico will most likely rip them off. He then had Ellie help him give Nico some water and broth to help with eating again. Giving him solid foods was not an option. So a broth made from blood, horse meat, fish, chicken and sea weed was put into a mix to help him recover. It was Gerry’s recipe for sick carnivores.

The raptor took it greedily from the bottle provided since he was too weak to eat himself. As he ate he then tried to snuggle with Ellie.

“Yes, boy mamma’s here,” she said to him. The raptor crooned a response as he continued to nuzzle.

“Open the gate and let the others through they need to make sure he is ok,” Ellie said to Gerry who opened the pen. When he did so they all came in which shook the ground. Tank was the first to greet him with her slathering tongue and honking calls. Sarah also greeted him with her honking bugle-like calls and Rosco gave a very low rumble to silence them all as he too added his own scent to the group. They were all scenting each other and even Ellie again.

Ellie started crying when she saw the reunion with her own eyes. The only ones to remain back was Rexy and Junior who were confused by the exchange. Then Ellie decided to call them.

“Rexy! Rexy come here girl it’s ok,” she cooed to the large carnivore. Rexy was rumbling in confusion until Rosco called and she came closer. When she finally gotten close enough to sniff she then started to slowly add her own scent to him. Junior also joined too they are seen as part of the family.

“Wow, and to think I will never see the end of it,” said a voice and Ellie turned to see Ian there in a wheelchair with a nurse behind him. This time it’s another male nurse and he watched the exchange from a distance.

“Yes, it is important for them to know that Nico is going to be ok,” she said.

“How are they able to wake up after just getting the cure?” Ian asked. Ellie laughed, “Animals have to heal fast to survive. The same applies for dinosaurs once they gotten medicine they can survive, and be on their feet depending on the situation. Nico may not be able to walk yet but he is conscious. Give him a few hours to a few days and he will be almost back to normal,” she said to him.

“I just hope the human patients are just as fast,” Ian said to her. That made Ellie’s eyes droop a bit at the memory of Alan and Muldoon.

“I hope so too,” she replied softly.

 

A FEW DAYS LATER

 

The constant beeping of monitors was first thing that alerted him that he is not dead.

The second thing that alerted him was the feeling of something on his face and up his nose.

The third thing was he is no longer on Isla Sorna.

Wha…. His mind was sluggish at best and barely functioning at worst.

It was strange to be alive. And he looked to see the arms and his legs were still intact he found that he was indeed alive and recovering somewhere.

“Ah good you’re awake,” said a voice and slowly the figure turned his head towards the doctor standing above him. Dark skin met his eyes as he looked up at the man who was treating him.

“Dr. Grant can you hear me?” he asked the man known as Dr. Grant.

Nodding his head the man gave a sigh of relief as he did this and continued his checkup on his patient. As he checked up on Dr. Grant he went over to the other man also waking up and did the same thing.

As he watched his only roommate across from him his memories suddenly came back to what happened a lot more clearly.

Isla Sorna

Dinosaur Attack

DX Virus

The Soldiers

Rosco

Nico

Everything seemed to be flashing by as the last memories of his wakefulness came to him. Then as he started to fully see the hospital room around him he noted that Robert was off to the side getting checked by the doctor. The sound of the many machines beeping beside him only fueled his concern about his whereabouts.

“The...dino...sa..u..rs….?” he asked someone his voice hoarse with disuse. The doctor quickly rushed over to him.

“Dr. Grant?” he asked him and the man only repeated what he was trying to say, “Th….e…..di...no...sa...ur...s?” he asked.

“The dinosaurs are fine Dr. Grant. In fact it was they who gave you the cure?” The doctor replied to him.

“W...h...ere a.re...they?” Dr. Grant asked him concern on his voice.

“They are outside in the holding area. Your raptor is still recovering but he should be fine. The T-Rex has awoken a week ago and is playing with the others. Dr. Sattler is there with them. The only one missing is the little one who is with the Grady family in the States,” he Doctor said to him.

“Fr..an...kie?” he said asking about the smallest dinosaur.

“Yes, he is with the Grady Family in the U.S. the rest of them are here. They are here Dr. Grant and they are safe,” the doctor said to him.

“E..ll...i...e?” he asked for Dr. Sattler.

“Dr. Sattler is fine she is tending to the dinosaurs now, but if you want I can arrange something later when your test results comeback and you are not contagious.” the doctor replied to him. Dr. Grant only nodded in solemn acceptance since he is too weak to even do much.

“When you are more recovered we can let you go outside to be with your dinosaurs Dr. Grant,” the doctor said to him.

“Th….a...nk y..ou,” he croaked feeling saddened to hear that he can’t be outside with them.

“Get some rest doctor I will tell the people waiting for you that you are up,” said the doctor and he walked out and left him there. It was not a few minutes later that Dr. Alan Grant returned to the land of dreams.

 

SOMETIME LATER

 

When Jake Fuego walked away from that room he felt like crying. It was a miracle that he was able to see Dr. Alan Grant wake up after so long on his deathbed. He also checked on Robert Muldoon and the man is also going to be fine. He was looking around to see if anything was alright before going back to sleep. When he turned around he saw that Dr. Grant had also returned to sleep, but he looked like he might be on the mend to recovery.

He wiped his forehead when the anxiety proved to be too much. He was just happy he could help somewhat after sometime. Walking down the hallway towards the mess hall he was greeted by others and people started to cheer for him. He nodded his thanks and when Cindy came through the other door with Henry in tow the cheering became deafening. The two looked bashful at this and Jake figured he would join in and gave them catcalls and whistles.

Ray who also came through the same door as Jake only smiled at him before adding his own catcalls.

 

After all the celebrations were finished the initial group settled down to enjoy sometime to celebrate. Cindy and Henry were at the forefront with Ellie Sattler to the left side of Henry and Ray with Jake on the right. Gerry was the only one of their party not there as he was monitoring Nico’s progress. But they celebrated in Henry’s room all the same.

“So when can I see Alan?” asked Ellie.

“You can visit him the day after tomorrow since we will have to move him and Mr. Muldoon to recovery rooms. Luckily for us we have some extra rooms available for them and they are in easy access to see the dinosaurs.” Jake said smiling.

“How the fuck you did that?” asked Ray.

“I pulled some strings to get him to see his animals again,” said Jake as he was speaking about Alan.

“That is good he would be very worried about them,” Ellie said to him and they nodded. Beside Henry, Tien was sleeping with his head in Henry’s lap. The Troodon did not want Henry to be left unprotected and so he and Rosie refused to leave both him and Cindy alone. The two dinosaurs were at the hip with their humans and Ellie found it cute.

The larger animals on the other hand are just as excited as Rosco could smell Alan’s scent on Jake. Jake had gotten nervous earlier in the afternoon when he went to tell Ellie that Alan had awoken and would be available to see visitors the day after tomorrow.

The only problem was that he forgot to take a shower before coming out into the compound and Alan’s scent was all over him. Seeing as the man had to take his vitals and check to see if everything was in working order. Which leaves traces of his scent on him. Rosco, Rexy and Junior having the strongest sense of smell in the animal kingdom were the first to sniff him and recognize Alan’s scent.

The sad tone that Rosco’s croon made nearly had Ellie in tears when she saw it. Nico was still sick but even he started to get excited at the smell of their father. He had to be sedated to make sure he was resting. The others were wanting to get in on the action, but Rosco didn’t let them as he was the boss. He wanted to sniff Jake all by himself.

Jake was knocked over when Rosco sniffed him and began to nuzzle him knowing he could smell his father on him. He was nearly crushed when Ellie ran to Rosco.

“Rosco, Rosco!” she yelled a the T-Rex. The Rex looked at her curiously not letting Jake up.

“Get….off….of….him!” she said using the alpha tone that she had heard Alan use many times when dinosaurs are misbehaving. Rosco now understood as she repeated herself with a more forceful tone. He backed off with his head down chastised.

Jake was gasping for breath as Ellie helped him up. As he dusted himself off he was still panting.

“You better check yourself over for bruising. Rosco was over excited because you probably smell like Alan,” she said to him.

“Fuck how does he know?” he asked Ellie.

Ellie smiled at him, “A T-Rex has the strongest olfactory sensors in the animal kingdom. He could smell small traces of Alan’s scent on your clothes.” and at that the Doctor finally realized why there was a shower before the cage.

“That would explain the shower,” he said to her.

“We had General Vitkiss install it to prevent an incident like this from happening,” she said to him. Looking humbled he was quickly marched off towards the main building.

“So if these animals can smell as good as they do then why…?” he asked her after he had his shower. Ellie was with the dinosaurs still calming them down. Jake made sure to wash off all traces of Alan’s scent on himself and change into some clothes for the compound.

“Alan imprinted on them so they think he is their father and I’m their mother,” Ellie replied as she patted Rosco’s snout.

“So they are loyal to him?” Jake asked as Rosco came down again to sniff him but Ellie hissed and he backed up immediately.

“Yeah, We...learned a lot from them and we are still learning,” she said to him and the man had to laugh.

“What sort of thing that you learned?” he asked her as they exited towards the main building. Ellie having to put away a few things beforehand and take a shower before joining him to enter the building.

When Jake asked her again Ellie laughed as he said this before replying, “Family is everything to them. They would go through hell and high water for family. I mean I heard what happened with the Grady’s back in the states with Frankie and I could not help but crack up at that little shit’s antics.”

“Frankie?” said Jake as they made their way to one of the balconies that oversee the compound area.

“Alan’s archeopteryx, he maybe small, but trust me he is full of mischief.” Ellie replied to that comment. Jake made an ‘o’ sound before she saw them heading over to where the staff places the dinosaur’s food.

Tank was already munching on some ferns while Sarah was preening. The carnivores were busy grooming each other while paying extra attention to Nico who was still sort of in the medical part of the cage. Gerry thought it would be a good idea to leave the door open for the others to go in and see him. They were very gentle with him as both of them saw Rosco gently grooming a part of Nico where he couldn’t reach.

“Do they do that often?” asked another voice. They turned to see General Vitkiss standing there with the Governor both looked pleased when they saw Ellie with Jake.

“Ah Dr. Fuego I heard the cure distribution has been a success?” said the Governor. Jake only shrugged as he admitted as much.

“Well everything is going fine with the distribution as well as the reactions to those it helps. Dr. Bradshaw is also distributing the vaccine to help those families affected by the DX virus to be safe,” he said to them.

Nodding their heads they both looked into the compound to see the dinosaurs playing. Tank was busy playing with Rosco by gently hitting him on the side with her tail while eating. Ellie giggled when she saw this. It was a game they always played with Tank teasing Rosco with her tail while eating and then the rex would try to catch her only for her to headbutt him in the end. They would play for hours like this or vice versa.

“So we cured the disease so everything is good?” said the Governor.

“It should be for now. I hope when Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon fully recovers we can get right to task. After all that was why we brought you people here.” General Vitkiss said to Ellie.

“You wanted Alan to hunt down and return the dinosaurs that were stolen from Isla Sorna and Isla Nublar is that correct?” Ellie said to him and the man nodded.

“The company that created them should take responsibility for them after all they brought them back to life,” said General Vitkiss.

“They caused enough damage as it is. And the men who are responsible committed enough crimes to God and men. Bad enough I have to deal with the cartels but now I have to deal with dinosaurs coming back to life and the people who use them.” said the Governor sounding upset.

“What sort of crimes are we talking about?” Ellie asked him curiously.

“Theft for starters since the dinosaurs or at least most of them belong to InGen. Property damage, reckless endangerment, murder to name a few of the charges placed by the Costa Riccan government. The Governor here is only in charge of this province, but the other governors all agree that something needs to be done.” General Vitkiss replied getting serious. Ellie frowned when he mentioned other dinosaurs. She remembered Hammond mentioning theft and things that were happening in Jurassic Park. She needed to know for sure.

“You mentioned thieves, they had stolen dinosaurs before? And how long?” she asked.

“We don’t know, all we know is that this has been going on for sometime. Maybe Dr. Wu might know more or Mr. Muldoon when he is fully recovered. That is why we have them here. They could probably shed some light with all this,” General Vitkiss replied.

Ellie stood there thinking about what he said and she nodded, “Yeah he could but still Henry is only a geneticist. The guy you should be talking to is Ray he might know.”

“We already did and he told us some information. Said he and that Muldoon guy were trying to track them for a while, but it was as if they disappeared. Then when that incident happened on your island that Nedry fellow seemed to have been one of the culprits in charge of theft. It was a good thing that dino of yours did him in before he raped that girl,” said Vitkiss.

Ellie frowned remembering what Jessica Harding said said about Nedry trying to rape her and how Spitz saved her from him. It was a good thing that the dilophosaur was there or else she would have been raped and worse pregnant.

“Nedry was scum and I am glad he is dead,” Ellie said finally. General Vitkiss nodded his agreement as her gaze remained on the dinosaurs. She looked lost as she had done this. She watched as the dinosaurs seemed to be doing their own thing mainly resting or playing. Sarah was the only one gone since she goes out to sea to fish. She then started to wonder about Terry and Iggy and how they are doing.

“You know with all this talk about dinosaurs being taken I started to wonder about the other dinosaurs that are off the island. Namely two aquatic reptiles that live off shore of the islands,” Ellie asked.

“You mean the deformed dolphin and the sea monster?” said General Vitkiss and Ellie nearly fell over laughing.

“They are fine, in fact that boat captain is taking good care of them. José if I remember correctly. When we first gotten to Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon we captured him and his family. So we put him in charge of those sea monsters. So far they remained out to sea and play with the kids. That big one sure as hell loves to play.” General Vitkiss said to her.

Ellie smiled knowing for sure that dinosaurs love to play.

“Yeah they love to play and we have to teach them to be gentle with humans. But other dinosaurs they have a run of the show,” she said just as Tien pounced on Nico. The larger raptor swatted the troodon before pouncing on him back. The game was rough but they were gentle with each other. Nico understanding that Tien and Rosie are still young and he was nearly an adult.

“Those two that ‘raptor’ as you call him and the dilophosaur they are still growing right?” General Vitkiss said to her.

“Yeah, I don’t know what Nico is, but normally a dilophosaur grows up to twenty feet so Spitz is still growing. I don’t know much about the others but they seemed to be fully grown. Sarah though she seems much larger then what the fossil records say about her.” Ellie replied.

“I see, a mutation then?” he asked her and Ellie shrugged.

They remained silent until General Vitkiss took his leave. The Governor left with him but not before he took one last look at the dinosaurs. Ellie had seen that look on someone before. It was a look of worry for the man. He was indeed worried and he has every right to be. Ellie would be worried too if she had to deal with this sort of stuff.

All too soon thought the sun is now sinking across the horizon. It was getting late and she needed a bath before going down for dinner. As she made her way down she spotted several people already checking up on the human patients that are in the compound as well.

She past families with mothers, fathers and children all lined up to get their shots. Many of them still on beds and machines. But others are showing signs of coming back to life. Ellie felt happy she could at least help somewhat when this happened.

When she returned to her rooms dinner was already laid out for her. Glad someone thought of her she dug in to her meal.

 

MEANWHILE

 

Alan Grant opened his eyes again to the now dark room. He spotted Robert Muldoon still sleeping when he heard something from his door. There was a faint clicking sound as if someone was tapping on the floor but instead it was coming from the window. When he looked towards the large window he was not surprised to see Nico standing there. What he is surprised to see was two smaller figures standing next to him.

Nico slowly opened the door using his right middle hand claw and pushed the rest of the way with his snout. He must have figured out that the door was a sliding one and slipped his head inside. His noise also woke Robert who was just as alert as Alan. The soft purring noise he was making was enough to let Alan know that he was being naughty again.

The two little ones crept into the room with him sniffing the walls and gave short whining noises. Nico only snorted when he pushed the door wider and crept inside. His claws clicking softly on the ground. Alan wanted to laugh but the machines still strapped to him prevented him from doing so. In fact when he looks at Nico now the raptor had grown a bit when he would be a bit smaller.

How long was I out? He asked himself when Nico finally made it to his bed. Sniffing Alan he finally started nuzzling him his soft purr was full of love and Alan stroked him along his muzzle.

“My, my have you grown,” he said to Nico and the Raptor continued to nuzzle him. Tien and Rosie also wanted some love and since Rosie is only a few months old she was not yet large enough to be considered and adult. But she was large enough to reach Alan’s stomach if he was standing. Off to the side Robert looked at Alan with a smirk on his face, “Looks like someone has some visitors,” he said to him.

When Nico heard Robert he turned his head nearly taking Alan out of the bed and gave a croon. He then moved over to Robert being careful with his tail and nuzzled him too. Robert chuckled between coughs while petting the raptor.

“My he has gotten huge,” Robert said as he petted his head.

Then as if to add gas to the fire a large shadow appeared through the window and Rosco made his appearance. The T-Rex could fit through the door easily thanks to the extra large windows. He leaned in and thankfully didn’t have to go far so the two men had to see the larger dinosaur.

“Looks like our visit for tomorrow has been pushed for today,” said Alan wanting to laugh. Though his lungs felt weak and he felt tired. Rosco on the other hand was very gentle when he sniffed Alan. Alan reached up to pet him and the low croon came from deep within the giant’s throat. The large yellow eye facing him widened with affection as he gave a low whine. Alan wanted to cry when he heard the pitiful whine from Rosco.

“I know boy, I miss you too,” he said to him. Robert on the other hand he saw a tear in Alan’s eye. As if wanting praise from the other man as well Rosco leaned in towards him. Robert raised his bandaged hand and stroked the larger dinosaur along his snout just above his mouth. Since the window didn’t allow much room Rosco could only close his eyes as he allowed them to touch him. Then slowly he pulled out of the room.

When he did a shadow came from above as Sarah landed and she too came into the room. The same thing they did to her as well. She was followed by Spitz who was even larger then Alan remember. Still a juvenile but clearly a bit larger. He had grown a foot and a half, but he was still small enough to fit through the door.

“Soon you will be too big to get through doors,” Alan joked with him. The dilophosaur as if understanding him hooted his reply. Then he put his head in Alan’s lap. His cries were just as pitiful as Rosco’s.

Just as he said that a nurse was passing by when she saw the dinosaurs in the room. Alarmed she rushed to get the doctor who ran to the widow and looked in. Robert was the one who recognized the man.

“Jake?” he said and the man waved at them.

Just as he did he entered the room. His face full of smiles as the dinosaurs moved away.

“Alright you guys you had your fun now out!” he gently shooed them. As the understood the hand gesture they all moved out of the room. Well except for Tien but even he was gently shooed out. When they were out Jake closed the door and smiled at them.

“Ah Doctor Grant, Robert I see you both are awake,” he said to them. Robert for the first time in a while smiled.

“Always the joker eh Jake,” he said to him.

“Yes, you know I am the joker Robert now then before I had unwanted guests into my patient’s room. Let’s see how far you are progressing ok,” he said to them. He then checked their vitals before docking it down on a chart.

“Alright it seems that you guys are stable which is good. You can thank your dinosaurs Dr. Grant for they are the heroes who have saved many lives today,” he said to them.

“So, what did happen with this ‘cure’?” Alan asked. Sighing Jake told them about what had happened with finding the cure. He doesn’t know much of the details beforehand since he only arrived not long afterwards. But he promised to get Henry into the room to tell them the rest. Satisfied Jake had them eat light foods since their stomachs haven’t had time to process food in a while. When they were done he left the room and promised when they wake again they would be ‘allowed’ visitors.

Alan could only sigh as he leaned back against his bed post and saw the look on Robert’s face.

“What?” Alan asked him.

“Nothing it is just that while we are here there is no one guarding Isla Nublar or Isla Sorna. I sure hope that after we deal with this disease we can get some damn answers,” Robert replied. Alan only nodded as he leaned back into his bed and felt his eyes close as he drifted off to sleep.

TBC

Chapter 38: Moving Forward

Summary:

The next arc is about to begin....sort of.

Chapter Text

SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA

 

 

 

 

It has been nearly three weeks since Alan Grant and Robert Muldoon had received their treatments for the DX Virus. Henry sat off to the side enjoying the time spent with Cindy while Ian, Ellie and Alan were catching up with what was going on in the world. Ray was busy with Gerry and Robert discussing plans for Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna once word gets out about the dinosaurs.

 

They were out in the dinosaur pen enjoying the warm evening. Rosco, Rexy and Junior are busy feeding off of their latest kill. That kill was a few large bulls that had caused trouble for the locals. It also included a large fish and surprisingly a large snake that Junior had caught by accident. Beside them were Nico and Spitz both had obviously grown larger by their size and bulk. Spitz is clearly a half a foot longer then he was when Alan had awoken and the paleontologist suspected that he is starting to enter his adolescent stage the same with Nico. Their growth rate is not as fast as Rosie and Tien or Junior but they are growing. The larger space allows them to wonder the jungle with ease.

 

Sarah soared overhead with one of the kids watching from the ground. Unable to fly with her yet Alan was reluctant to try anything until the doctors cleared him to fly. In the meantime they started making plans about what they were going to do once everyone was recovered.

 

Throughout the three weeks of recovery Alan and Robert had already discovered that General Vitkiss was indeed working for the government. Just not the right government.

 

It turns out that General Vitkiss works for the United Nations Security Council. That was a surprise since he had inclined earlier that he worked for the United States Defense. But then again the U.S. has no jurisdiction here in Costa Rica. So he had to disguise himself just to make sure that no one causes him problems. As they sat there early in the morning he informed them that the reason why he is here is because of reports of dinosaur sightings in Costa Rica and other parts of Central America. He needed experts on live dinosaurs to help him. Since he is well aware of InGen’s genetics research.

 

What he never expected was for Alan Grant to acquire six dinosaurs several years prior and train them to help with certain needs. And after the theft of the dinosaurs he wanted to help as much as possible. Keeping an eye on things on Nublar he found out about Jurassic Park, and about Dennis Nedry, and the stolen dinosaurs from the island. He also found out about Isla Sorna and the cloning facilities as well as the illegal creation of the DX virus. The illegal rings that bought the dinosaurs and how he is now tasked by the United Nations to put a stop to this madness.

 

When the door to the compound opened General Vitkiss the subject matter stepped out. In his hand was an envelope with the words CLASSIFIED on them. When he appeared the people in the area knew that it was time for the important meeting they were waiting for. Following the General they made their way towards the meeting room set up just inside the compound. The windows provided the group with access to the dinosaurs in case Alan has to get out there. The room had been swept of listening bugs and cameras and also they had to be alert for any sort of eyes on them. Luckily for them they have several animals to help.

 

“Alright folks now that we are mostly recovered from our ordeals lets get to work,” he said showing the envelope. He then started to pass around the contents of the envelope to them. In it were pictures taken of Isla Nublar and of other places around the world.

 

“Now after you’ve all left; Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna were ransacked by InGen personnel. These people had the purpose of saving any and all research to the cloning of dinosaurs and dinosaur kind. It is sort of a save your assets kind of shit which we don’t need right now. However that is on the back burner at this moment. Right now what’s important is that we take care of the chaos that InGen has left us to deal with. And that is the illegal distribution of prehistoric animals to criminal organizations and terrorists done by corporate theives.” he said and behind him the windows suddenly went dark as a curtain came down to darken the room. There a projector was then activated to show them images of different areas around the globe.

 

So far several organizations came forward to show us these images of various animals. We think that the people responsible are selling the dinosaurs to cartels and terrorist gang members like this one here just near the border of Ecuador.” With that he showed them a satellite image of a compound just south of the Ecuadorian border. There a feature similar to the one they have here was made, but the difference is in the fencing. It had cement barriers laced with long thick wires just like Jurassic Park. But it was on the inside that had Alan’s blood boiling.

 

There was a group of velociraptors there. All of them had collars on and all of them were being handled by several people with poles. Some of the images showed them being fed humans from the man’s enemies. But the other photos showed other things that were too gruesome for some people to handle such as Ian.

 

Alan looked a bit green himself, but he held his stomach down. It would do no good if the contents of his stomach came heaving upwards.

 

“Now you see why we asked you to come?” said General Vitkiss.

 

“So these men are using raptors to kill off the competition,” said Robert as he looked at them his hand shook with rage.

 

“Yes, they also have a similar compound in Columbia filled with raptors. But these ones are not as trained meaning they are a fresh stock. As Dr. Wu and myself went through the reports there were a number of raptors missing from the island. So that means that someone had deliberately failed to report such findings. Either that or they smuggled them off the island.” General Vitkiss said to them.

 

“Nedry,” was all that Ray could come back on.

 

“Right, I knew the bastard was trash, but to go this far? How many dinosaurs had he smuggled off the island?” asked Robert looking at Ray.

 

“In my opinion too many to count,” Ray replied and Henry also nodded, “Yeah and it is no use rehabilitating them for they might have imprinted on their masters. The raptors that were stolen must have been eggs because neither side had reported animals missing,” Henry said and before the other two could reply he raised his hand. “However the lab had reported several eggs had been stolen meaning that whoever Nedry was selling to had used the eggs as a means of transportation. The eggs at the critical stage of hatching would be more valuable to the dealers then a fully grown animal. Dr. Grant’s animals would only be the exception due to how trained they are to interact with people.” Henry replied his face grim.

 

I have to agree with Henry on this one,” said Gerry speaking up for the first time in a while. “If people can imprint on birds they can imprint on dinosaurs and those raptors might not know anything else other then what their masters have trained them to do. If we are to go after them we have to first assess them to see if they can be rehabilitated and if not…,” He did not go further then what Robert have to say, “We have to exterminate them,” he replied.

 

My thoughts exactly,” reply Ian who was still in his wheelchair.

 

“Look I know you want to save the dinosaurs, but with the exception of a few the ones who are a danger to the public should be put down. Who knows how many lives are lost because someone got greedy when they are dealing with extinct animals. I for one would rather deal with Rexy’s belly ache then angry raptors again,” said Ian.

 

“I know some of your animals are still recovering Dr. Grant and so are you and Mr. Muldoon. But perhaps you can be willing to spare someone who knows your animals best.” General Vitkiss said to him.

 

“I don’t have to do much General, my animals are more the capable when fully recovered. But the two female rexes need to be properly trained first and then we have to deal with the two aquatic animals. They were trained to be circus animals but how much training has gone with them?” Alan asked.

 

Perhaps we can ask José he might know since he spent much time with Terry and Iggy,” said Ellie speaking up and Alan nodded in reply. Agreeing with Ellie on her idea.

 

“Then there is the little shit,” said Gerry smirking.

 

“Frankie? When I got off the phone with Jessica Grady she told me that Frankie caused enough mischief up in the states.” Alan said to them.

 

“Yeah well, I asked her if she can bring Frankie back home so we can have the whole unit. I mean little Frankie must miss the others,” Gerry replied and Alan would no doubt believe him. He knows how much everyone must miss Frankie and he also misses the little shit.

 

“How long till the Grady’s come here with Frankie?” asked Ellie.

 

“Jessica is going to be down here in about a week. She has to take care of some things up in the states and Richard is stuck with the kids,” Alan replied to her making her laugh.

 

I heard about the school incident,” Ellie said laughing and at Alan’s raised eyebrow Ellie explained to him about what happened with Frankie and Owen. At his blanched look Ellie doubled over and reached into her pocket. She then pulled out a photograph that Richard took of Frankie in his new little sweater as he was paraded around the school.

 

“Oh fuck,” Alan groaned embarrassed at what his little terror did.

 

Don’t be embarrassed Al, Frankie exposed a longtime problem you should be happy,” she said and Alan continued to groan, “Yeah and have to deal with the fallout of angry parents after what he did,” Alan replied.

 

“Aw is that the little shit?” said Ray looking at the photo of Owen and Frankie.

 

“Yeah, they were at the science fair,” Ellie said to him.

 

You know if he wasn’t such a terror then he would be the cutest bird in the entire world,” Ray said and that gotten snickers from Gerry, Robert, and Henry.

 

What is so funny?” Ray demanded.

 

Is this the same Ray Arnold who cursed Frankie’s name to the grave for stealing his cigarettes?” said Gerry and that led to a round of laughter from his companions. Ray glared at Gerry before a smirk appeared on his face.

 

“You know what if I wanted to quit I would hire the little shit,” he said to them and that gave another round of laughter.

 

Alright people back to subject here,” said General Vitkiss and that got everyone quiet. Faces once again growing serious.

 

“As funny as some of this shit sounds our earlier argument stands. Those animals might have imprinted on their master making them loyal to a degree. But from this species I would say they are the same raptors as the ones on Isla Sorna is that correct Mr. Muldoon?” General Vitkiss said to him.

 

Robert now paid more attention to the raptors in the satellite image his brow deepened with concern. “If they are indeed Velociraptors in those photos then they look to be about the age of adolescents. Then their aggression is about through the roof. They start to show signs of aggression at about eight months and that is when they become lethal. So their attack rate should be relatively high. If that is the case we need to have all hands on deck and ready.” Robert said to Gerry who wrote some notes down.

 

“What are you writing there Dr. Harding?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

“What kind of tranquilizer I will need for this particular dinosaur. Until we can confirm it is truly a velociraptor I am going to use some tranqs that are specifically made for them. Since their metabolism is so high it is dangerous to leave them tranquilized for long with normal tranquilizers. The ones we designed for them lets them sleep if off for about twelve hours unless administered the antidote,” Gerry replied.

 

A lan was surprised to hear this as he turned to Robert who nodded his head, “We only used them sparingly since they were so hard to make. But if we need more I can get more made. I know a few people who can make them.”

 

Can you train more people to produce the right tranq’s because if we agree to this we are going to need more then what you got on Nublar?” said Ian and they all turned to him in confusion.

 

“What? Can’t I say something? This is chaos in full effect and if I can’t say something about it then fine! Whatever,” Ian huffed and Ellie tried to hide her laughter behind her arm.

 

“Dr. Sattler how long are you going to remain on Costa Rica now that Dr. Grant is awake?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

“About another week or so and then I am due back in the States. Mark is getting anxious,” she said to him.

 

I understand Dr. Sattler and we thank you again for helping us with the animals,” General Vitkiss said to her. Ellie nodded her thanks as the others did so.

 

“Now gentlemen how are we going to handle this situation?” asked the General.

 

We need a better view of the land. Satellites can only do so much but I would like a closer view of it from both the ground and the air. Dr. Grant when you are fully recovered perhaps you can take Sarah with you. She is a lot quieter then a helicopter and harder to spot. Plus if put in a tight spot she can out fly most machines,” said General Vitkiss looking at Alan who straightened up.

 

“Dr. Wu since you specialty is genetics once we get the animals we want to know if they came from InGen or they were made by someone else. So for that we will need genetics samples from the animals.” the General said to him and Henry nodded his determination to help.

 

Dr. Harding if you can get you a team of vets trained in dinosaur anatomy we want to see if the animals will need to be screened for disease or signs of abuse. We want to determine if we have to put the animal down or not,” said the General and Gerry could only nod.

 

“Dr. Grant and Mr. Muldoon both of you are the hard hitting experts in this. I am sure you both wouldn’t mind playing Indiana Jones again,” General Vitkiss said to Alan and Robert and both looked grim.

 

“Dr. Grant you’re the expert on dinosaurs and Mr. Muldoon you have experience dealing with people like this back in Kenya was it?” General Vitkiss asked Robert and Alan.

 

“Kenya yes, I was a game warden there, and yes I had been on a few poaching raids myself.” Robert replied looking the General in the eye. The man was unafraid of the gesture. The General then turned towards Cindy and Ian who sat towards the back of the room.

 

“Dr. Bradshaw you are the expert on exotic diseases maybe you can help Dr. Wu and Dr. Harding on determining if the animals are carrying any sort of disease when they come back to the compound,” General Vitkiss said to her and she nodded.

 

Dr. Malcolm I know dinosaurs is way beyond your area of expertise but I have seen your work with Chaos Theory. Though most of it is rubbish in my opinion I think your logical mind makes you a good strategist. You will provide support along with Mr. Arnold who will be our main technician. Nima Cruz when she gets here is our main field operative she will be in charge of operations on the ground. Since this is her field of expertise you will refer to her when it comes time to dealing with the drug smugglers themselves,” General Vitkiss said to them.

 

The group nodded their agreement since this operation needed some intense care. Since it was in the middle of the jungle and with individual drug cartels to do something like this would take careful work.

 

Not to mention training.

 

“I have a question if you don’t mind?” asked Alan as he raised his hand like a school boy. General nodded his head was an indication that he should continue.

 

“I know this compound is helpful and all, but I noticed that the animals are getting restless. If it would help we need to get them either back to Isla Nublar or Isla Sorna that way we can work on the infected animals better and to train our group up for when they can get after the cartels.” Alan stated and Ian had to agree with him knowing the risks keeping them here any longer.

 

“Alan is right as head Paleo-Vet this shit takes time to prepare and for that we need to train people and dinosaurs. Our group especially our animals needs the best care and both Isla Sorna and Isla Nublar have the best possible chances since we already have the facilities and equipment in place,” said Gerry and Robert agreed with him.

 

General Vitkiss for once was silent and was deep in thought. The outcome was good that he would send them back. And as he thought about it some more the door opened and in walked Nima Cruz. She held a file in her hand as she closed the door behind her. Then taking her seat next to Gerry she quietly asked what she missed. Gerry whispered into her ear what she missed and when she was done General Vitkiss finally turned to Nima.

 

“Ms. Cruz welcome, I see that you had been busy that is why you were kept from this meeting?” he asked her and she waved him off.

 

“I apologize for my tardiness, but my superiors were working on an intelligence that could not be ignored for the time being. I was also being briefed about other things then dinosaurs that require my expertise,” she replied to him.

 

“Very well you are excused for that. I was just telling the rest of our group of an upcoming operation which you see involves a cartel here. He pointed at the map showing the facility and the animals there.

 

I am well aware of this particular group and that one cartel you are mentioning. However you forgot to mention or actually what you probably didn’t know is that the this man in particular Rafael Santos is a dangerous drug lord. His cartel is the main branch in Ecuador. Thanks to this facility bordering near the Ecuador/Colombian border he can safely smuggle drugs in and out of the country without anyone noticing. His facility is located here in the Santa Rosa de Sucumbios a patch of jungle just at the border.” Nima said as she pulled out a map and spread it on the table for everyone to see.

 

There a clear map of Ecuador and South America is shown with an area that is circled in red. Here Nima pointed out the large area that make up the jungles around the facility and where the Ecuador border is located.

 

“The river here is the border between the two countries. Santos smuggles his drugs using the river as a means to transport his goods. Then once in Columbia it is then flown to other areas around Central America including here in Costa Rica. One of our agents managed to catch a man here and got him to talk...well I threatened to feed him to Rosco if he didn’t talk. So when he gave out this information I had to get it to you. He warns that Santos is wary of any new developments along his territory. Lately there was a dispute between his cartel and one of the receiving cartels along the border. And thanks to your dinosaur friends out there the facility that they ‘raided’ contained enough evidence and information to put that son of a bitch away for life,” Nima said to them.

 

Wait? The drug house that Rexy and Junior destroyed was one of his facilities?” asked Gerry trying to hold back a snicker for the memory of a very high Tyrannosaurus Rex was pretty funny to hold.

 

Yes, as it turns out it was one of the facilities where the drugs were housed before being transported further north towards the United States. Those two completely ruined operations here in San José and I am afraid that they would do it elsewhere.” Nima replied sounding amused. It was the running joke about the dinosaur raid on the cartel in the city. Additional chuckles and giggles matched hers.

 

“Alright folks enough with the jokes. Nima before you entered Dr. Grant had stated that this facility is ill suited to the dinosaurs needs when it comes to preparing them for transport to Columbia is that also apply to you?” General Vitkiss asked her.

 

Yes, that applies to me as well. The facility is a former drug lord’s home. That is why it has the laboratories, hospital and jungle facility that you see. But to hold such animals here is beyond its capacity. The only reason why they are not fighting their way out is because of us. I’ve seen what these animals can do first hand back on Isla Nublar. If it wasn’t for their loyalty to us then this place would have been nothing but ruins in seconds. So they are only doing this as a sort of dinosaur courtesy,” said Nima looking at the General with a state the facts look on her face.

 

The General blanched when she said it much to the amusement of the others. When he saw their faces he knew he had been caught in a joke and at the same time not joke.

 

“Alright Ms. Cruz you made your point. So what are your suggestions for the needs of the animals as we prepare them for transport to Columbia?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

Why are you asking me? I am not the dinosaur expert! Besides I know how to smuggle them in that is all, but to safely and quietly transport them is a different story. Ask Dr. Grant he knows more about it then me señor,” Nima said to him and the man turned to Alan.

 

“You need some big containers preferably one that can transport animals such as cows or horses. The easiest one to deal with would be Sarah since she can fly. The smaller one Frankie can ride with me. Spitz and Nico can squeeze in with Rosco and Tank but Rexy and Junior are not used to transport. They will be the ones we have to deal with,” Alan replied.

 

“How do we do that?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

I can tranquilize them to make it easier?” Gerry replied and Alan shook his head disagreeing, “Not a good idea. These animals will panic if they don’t see where they are going. Just look at what happened here. The only reason why this place hasn’t fallen apart is because they know your scent. It is best to make sure one of you preferably either Gerry or Robert stays with them during the ride south. That way they feel more comfortable and know that the whole family is moving with them. One thing I learned when dealing with Rosco is that a T-Rex moves as a family unit. The whole family goes or no one goes. It is kind of like whales or dolphins in the sense of the strong pack mentality.” Alan replied to them. Gerry and Robert nodded in agreement after witnessing what had happened here.

 

“So how many containers we need to transport them?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

“Three since we are not using the unit I have in Montana. We have to modify the containers to make sure they get out ok. It would take time to modify the containers and we need a crew to do it. But I still have the plans for the original container if you allow Ellie to mail them to you,” Alan said to him.

 

“I think we should ask Jessica when she gets here to drop it off. I mean she is the closest one to your place. If she can get the plans then that would help,” Ellie suggested.

 

“Ok so we have our units do we have any other suggestions?” asked General Vitkiss.

 

“Yeah, why don’t we send the animals back to Isla Nublar or better yet Isla Sorna for now until you are ready for the operation,” suggested surprisingly Nima.

 

“Why are you suggesting that?” General Vitkiss said.

 

“Let the animals roam around for a bit and give Dr. Grant some breathing room to train the two carnivores. After what you did in San Jose the main government is not too happy for the damage these animals caused. Since you released them your government will pay for the damages caused by them. I am just passing along the message,” said Nima with a smirk on her face. General Vitkiss nodded in reluctant agreement before calling the meeting to an end.

 

 

 

SEVERAL HOURS LATER

 

 

Alan was just finishing up packing when a hooting noise was heard. Alan turned his head to see Spitz there at the door to the compound courtyard. He asked to be on the ground floor so he can have easy access to his animals. Spitz took advantage of it by coming in through the open door. The dilophosaur is getting bigger as he is nearly the height of the door.

 

Hey there buddy,” Alan said to him as he walked in and sniffed Alan’s hand. When it was ok Alan stroked his crested head between the two crests. Spitz closed his eyes in content as he enjoyed the attention. Alan noticed that his coloring is starting to change from tan to more of a yellow pattern. He knew that Spitz’s adult colors were going to start coming in at sometime. The animal was just slower to show it.

 

“Let me get a better look at you,” Alan said softly as he felt along his neck and jaw like he does when he inspects them for any sort of disease of injury. Other then a few new scars along his flank and the new brightness to his crest Spitz seems to be growing nicely. In fact when he looked at his jaw the crooked line that normally associates with a dilophosaur’s jaws are starting to show. His snout was also starting to narrow meaning he is growing up.

 

Wow you are getting big, are you a big boy now?” Alan teased him and Spitz seemed to enjoy it as he pulled Alan for a hug. This one he had learned from watching Nico interact with people. But he enjoyed the contact with his human. The whining noise however was different as the hooting became more frantic sounding and sad?

 

You missed me didn’t you,” Alan whispered to Spitz as the dilophosaur nuzzled into his shoulder. He hugged him back and stroked his neck and back and when he was released and continued to give Spitz some attention. When he was done he gave the dilophosaur the command to leave as he did so he saw that two smaller dinosaurs were outside waiting. One of them he recognized as Rosie the velociraptor, the other he had to do a double take to see for himself.

 

Well, well you must be Tien, boy have you gotten big,” he said recognizing at last the troodon that he’d seen only as a hatchling before his illness. Now looking at Tien the Troodon is nearly the size of Alan’s waist. When he came inside with Rosie, Alan was surprised that Nico accompanied them inside as well. The raptor has grown far larger then the velociraptors on Isla Nublar making Alan suspicious about his species. But as Nico came closer his features became more prevalent as he was now clearly larger then Alan. Rosie he could see is also getting bigger just by the size of her body length. She is about Alan’s waist height now which was shocking. He looked at the date on the calendar and his eyes nearly bulged out of his head.

 

It has been nearly two months? I thought I was out of it for less time then that? Alan thought but then again he had been sick most of the time. It was already nearly October and he had inspected Jurassic Park in August. So that means that the dinosaurs had been here for nearly two months.

 

 

It is time to leave.

 

Looking up at Nico he gave the raptor the same inspection he had given Spitz earlier. He noted that his skull and talons are also changing. His skin color is changing too meaning that he would become and adult within the next few years or so. He suspected as much given that when they were in Montana they both started to show signs of maturing. So maybe it took them longer then the InGen dinosaurs to reach such an age, but at least he can observe them better. Rosco grew quickly as expected for a T-Rex given the fossil records. But Rexy is already an adult. Perhaps he should ask Henry sometime if they added some accelerator to their growth genes.

 

As he finished his inspections Nico also gave Alan a hug without prompting showing that he missed Alan as well. He also nuzzled his head against Alan’s side to mark his scent alongside Spitz. Alan smiled knowing that they needed the reassurance that he would not run from them again. He already had Rosco from this morning. The Rex was relentless as well as Tank and Sarah.

 

Speaking of Sarah.

 

He thought that he better get her back up in the air with him again to reassure their bond as parent and child. He stood up from where he was kneeling in front of Tien and made his way outside. There he was met with the other dinosaurs lounging about in the hot tropical sun. As he was looking he could see people getting ready to leave with things being packed up to move back to Isla Sorna. Nima was there as well directing traffic.

 

Ah Dr. Grant glad you could join me,” she said her thick Spanish accent apparent as she yelled at another man in Spanish.

 

“What can I help you with Nima?” he asked her.

 

When we are done loading the cargo onto the ship we will then begin to load the dinosaurs. But first we need to make sure that everything is set for the journey,” said Nima. Alan looked back at his animals and smirked when he saw them there watching the humans. They were perfectly calm and quiet given that they just fed. Several of the children from the compound came to hide among them. It was a favorite activity of theirs since they can’t leave until they and their parents are cleared from the DX virus. So they took to playing with the dinosaurs and helping Dr. Grant who enjoyed showing them off to the next generation.

 

Rosco is used to children since he often has to deal with them at the dig site. He laid perfectly still and let them climb all over him. He purred when they used his back and belly as a sliding board. The rest of the dinosaurs were busy either being played on such as the Rexes, and Tank or being sat on and slept on such as Nico and Spitz. Tien and Rosy were playing with the children. They developed a game that was both harmless and fun for both young dinosaurs. It also hones their hunting skills. They were of course supervised by Henry who finally could take a break from his work. Cindy was beside him enjoying a drink while watching them play. Sarah was on her roost grooming herself which made Alan smile. His dinosaurs were almost ready to depart to go back to Isla Sorna.

 

It took another three hours before everything was set and ready. Nima had already informed Alan that they are ready to head towards the island.

 

“Alright should we be ready to tranquilize…” Nima suggested but Alan shook his head.

 

No tranquilizers remember? The dinosaurs or at least my dinosaurs are used to traveling. If the others see them calm they will be calm and will learn from them.” Alan said truthfully. His dinosaurs are indeed travel trained since he goes to lectures with them. They also migrate to the dig site and back to alleviate their need to move. Nima nodded in acceptance, and to be fair she knows nearly nothing about dinosaurs and how they are handled. Alan had to learn it in five years. Which made sense to her.

 

“Ok how are we going to get them on?” she asked.

 

“Don’t worry when the ship comes back after off loading its goods we can deal with the animals then. Because I don’t think they will like to be crowded much,” Alan said to her thinking about them in the cargo hold.

 

“Oh don’t worry about that we got that part covered,” she said to him.

 

 

THAT EVENING

 

Alan stood with the others as he held onto the saddle for Sarah. The larger carnivores all had riders on them. With Ellie leading on Rosco, Gerry on Rexy and Ian on Junior. Ray decided to ride on Tank seeing as she is not going to eat him. Spitz and Nico each walked alongside them as they walked off towards the docks. Tien and Rosie are going to be with Henry as they are still too small to travel on their own. Henry surprisingly decided to accompany them back to Isla Sorna instead of going back to the States. It was a surprise even for him. Ian, he can understand seeing as the man wanted to help until they can finish this operation. He already called his girlfriend and children making sure everything was ok for them. Ellie was only going accompany them back to the docks before she catches her flight back to the states. Then Jessica would be arriving with Frankie to drop him off. Alan is going to be staying with Sarah until Frankie arrives and then head over to Isla Sorna. Seeing as Sarah can make the flight the pteranodon was more then happy to see the saddle again.

 

It was times like these that Alan enjoys spending time with the flier. She really loves to show off and when she grows tired of flapping she just glides over the thermals and the wind to keep her afloat. Normally animals who fly can’t carry things for long unless they were a bird of prey. But Sarah has proven that she is quite a strong flier. So when they all left for the docks Alan only had to wait for them while he saddled Sarah. The pteranodon was busy preening so he will wait till the jeep arrived with Jessica.

 

It did not take long till a car arrived and Jessica stepped out. After giving Alan a warm hug she looked him up and down.

 

“You lost weight!” she stated.

 

“Well being sick does that to you,” he joked and that earned him a soft slap on the arm, “Stop teasing asshole,” she joked and handed him a carrier. Inside was Frankie looking wide awake and already trying to pick the lock.

 

“I had to get a combo lock to keep him inside,” she said to him. Alan laughed after hearing what he did up in the states, who could blame him. After opening the lock Frankie flew towards Alan screeching his rage as he nearly shrieked his ears off. Alan then grabbed his snout and held it while looking him in the eye and growling. Frankie stopped and then surprisingly began to whine and nuzzle into Alan’s face. The man held the archeopteryx close as a shadow came over them. Sarah bent down and started grooming Frankie with her beak being very gentle with him. Seeing Sarah made Frankie happy as he clung to her beak and began to groom her.

 

“Thanks for bringing him home,” Alan said to her.

 

“No problem, Owen and Maria wanted me to tell you they said hi and Owen’s school said to give you this,” she said passing a piece of paper along with a package to him.

 

“Let me guess a bill for all the damage he caused,” he said to her skeptically.

 

“Shut the hell up and open it,” she said grinning.

 

Alan slowly opened the letter up.

 

Dear Dr. Grant,

 

It has come to our attention that you are in the habit of owning exotic pets. Or should I say exotic pets. And your pet Frankie has proven to be quite an asset in exposing a linger problem in our school. So on behalf of the community and our school we would like to give Frankie this shirt making him an honorary member of our staff.

 

In the package that Jessica gave him it was a little shirt with the school’s logo on it as well as a smaller shirt that said, ‘Owen’s Little Monster’ on the back with, ‘Watch out I Bite,’ on the front. Alan started chuckling when he saw it. There was also a sweater with the same message. On the shirt with the school logo it had the words, ‘Security Officer Frankie,’ written on the front with a small little badge printed on the side. Frankie seemed proud of his shirt as he nuzzled it and began to pull on it.

 

“He loves that damn thing I don’t know why,” Jessica said to him. Alan then put it in the bag he had on his side. It was one of Sarah’s saddle bags.

 

“You’ve should have seen the look on the cops face when they saw him for the first time,” Jessica said laughing.

 

“Thank you,” he said to her.

 

Well I got to get going my flight back to the States leaves in two hours. So I wish you luck,” she said to him. Alan nodded as he gave her a hug as she climbed back into the jeep and drove back to the airport.

 

Then he turned to Frankie and Sarah, “Ready to go home,” he said. Sarah could only spread her wings and Frankie screeched his happiness.

 

 

TBC

 

 

 

Chapter 39: Raptor Troubles

Summary:

Just the start of many pains in the life of Robert Muldoon and Alan Grant.

Notes:

I just wanted to let you all know that boy people are responding tremendously on AO3 with my posting of this fic on that site as well as Wattpad. Though no one got back to me on Wattpad the response kudos I gotten from that site tells me otherwise. But I have not put the latest chapters up there. So far they are only up to the part where Frankie had terrorized Owen’s school. But I am slowly updating it up there with two chapters of this fic whenever I update my other story The Last Western Spirit. Which is an Untamed fanfiction also here on this site. So without further a do I will get on with the latest chapter here. Thank you all for faving and liking this story. I enjoy you guys so much.

 

Ok I will stop talking.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

SLA SORNA

 

SIX MONTHS LATER

 

“That is two fights within the past three weeks,” said Ray as he finally gotten the security camera’s up and running again. Robert and Alan stood behind him as he worked with a group of technicians from the main company branch. John Hammond hired them to help out in getting Isla Sorna up and running with Alan and Robert’s plan.

“Alright that means we have to figure something out?” said another tech off to the side.

“They are not fighting for crying out loud they are playing,” Alan said as he finally saw the fight. It was two of the raptors, the now identified males they named Talon, and Pierce rolling in the mud. Nico sat off to the side enjoying a kill he had recently made of a hadrosaur. The dinosaur was enjoying the scene and was also enjoying his lunch. His tail wagging in slow motion with quick flicks here and there like an over sized cat.

“So how do we deal with playing dinosaurs they are making the others nervous?” Ray said to Alan.

“Just inform the staff that the dinosaurs are playing and that they will settle down shortly. After all they are still juveniles and play helps to settle their energy,” Alan informed him. Robert gave him a strange look as they continued to monitor the situation at the controls. When they were no longer needed both Robert and Alan headed out to check on the many teams they had with them on the island.

As they stepped out Robert could not help but to ask some questions.

“Alan how did you know they were playing? Did Nico do this before?” he asked as the bright tropical sun greeted them. It was around midday and the two had decided that lunch was needed. Already around them construction crews were still going about their business building the many compounds needed to monitor dinosaurs. The vet clinic was revamped and rebuilt from the old one. The Embryotics Center was changed to suit the needs of the dinosaurs since they will eventually start breeding according to Henry. The more adult dinosaurs had already started to show courtship behaviors so breeding was needed to proceed with their plans.

“Yeah I did when they were younger. They would all play these games that would look like they were fighting. I almost never noticed until later that they never intentionally hurt each other. I think that was where the lethal aspect of your raptors came from Robert,” Alan said as they sat down. One of the people that came with them was a cook and enjoyed making dishes from all around the world. The man was a native Costa Riccan and would often show off his culinary skills by coming up with new things for his menu.

Right now since there is not much supply right now they are eating enchiladas with sweet chili sauce on it. Both men didn’t mind the spiciness of it, but some of the others did and prefer the salad bar.

The cafeteria that was built was an open cafeteria with doors that can be closed during a major storm. That way it can be easily transformed into an indoor cafeteria when needed. Also it allows the residents access to their dinosaur companions when needed also.

Around the few months that the facility had been built several people had already started to train to become Dinosaur Rangers. Alan spent most of his time teaching these individuals how to be better trainers and caretakers while Robert taught them the fundamentals to be game rangers and wardens.

Isla Sorna has many habitats all of them documented on InGen’s reports. All of them were naturally created with plants that somehow made their way over from the mainland. Though Alan was skeptical they did have a plant expert that came to document the native plants of the forests. The conifer’s and redwood plants of the North side of the island are facing the trades that flow through the mountain forests. The botanist was not surprised to figure that is the case as seeds from these plants must have made their way over to the islands. Though not as noticeable on Nublar due to Mt. Sibo’s presence. Isla Sorna being a more extinct volcano had time to show that things can evolve quickly here.

The North side has high mountainous ranges that stretches across the Northeastern shoreline till it reaches the first inlet. Then the Western Mountains take up the rest of it along the western coast. This cuts the island in half with the Southeastern mountains making up the other side of the rift. The many inlets and bays provide the safe haven both Iggy and Terry need in case there are major storms.

 

The valley that divides the island in half is sheltered from the outer parts. This is where the more tropical jungles are hidden. Here Alan and Robert train the rangers in how to identify and analyze situations with different dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals that InGen has brought back. For it seems as a surprise that not only there are Mesozoic animals on this island but some Paleozoic, Precambrian and Cenozoic animals as well.

It turns out that InGen has acquired the DNA of some of these animals from other areas of the world. For the Precambrian and Paleozoic animals the same methods that they extracted dinosaurs from also yielded animals from even before then, but from different insects then mosquitoes. For the early Cenozoic animals frozen bodies from the arctic and antarctic regions were used for DNA samples.

When they cloned these animals specific habitats are required for them. For the Precambrian and Paleozoic animals the central valley became their home since it is warm and very humid for them. For the Cenozoic Ice Age animals the upper mountain ranges were more for them. InGen spared no expense to bring these prehistoric animals back.

 

It would seem as if Isla Sorna was transformed into a prehistoric paradise. With all sorts of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals here. Keeping track of them has proven difficult as well as challenging.

“How is the eggs coming along?” Alan said to Henry when he went to check up on the Geneticist that day to see how the baby dinosaurs are coming along.

“The eggs are doing fine. It was a great idea to breed the adult animals and take the eggs when we had the chance. At least this way I can see about the changes in the sexes and how the amphibian DNA has changed them.” Henry replied.

It was quickly discovered that the dinosaurs were in fact breeding. Something that Alan had discovered back on Isla Nublar and has become a problem with the population. Seeing it also on Sorna actually proved to be beneficial which means less work for the rangers in the future when it comes to breeding dinosaurs.

“So what species are close to hatching?” Alan asked Henry looking at the many rows of eggs in the recently refurbished Embryonics labs.

“We have four species of sauropods, brachiosaurus, apatosaurus, diplodocus and mamenchisaurus, at least two T-rexes, one Carnotaurus, seven raptors, six pteranodons, one Quetzalcoatlus, four stegosaurus, three triceratops, one Styracosaurus, six Parasaurolophus and two Corythosaurus. We are also trying to breed four troodon and some compys to see if we can train them as well,” said Henry.

“Holy shit that many dinosaurs? How did you get the eggs? That must have been a chore?” said Robert when they walked around the labs. His eyes never leaving the tables as the many robots that were designed to rotate the eggs carried out their duties unhindered by the visitors.

“It was a chore. The workers had their kids go into the forest to collect the eggs. I was shocked they did this and told them that from now on that is not allowed for safety reasons. Iggy and Terry so far are the only aquatic animals, but I am in the process of breeding more. We need animals like them to help us in case there are any more animals like them out there.” Henry replied. Robert seemed to agree even though Alan was skeptical at first. But he too reluctantly agreed. If Isla Sorna was going to succeed as an animal preserve all measures needed to be taken.

 

“I thought Jurassic Park had more aquatic species?” Robert replied. He was surprised that Henry was even breeding more aquatic animals.

“They do, but in the Embryo stage. Thank God Nedry never knew where they were or else I would have been totally screwed.” said Henry as he looked up from a tank with an embryo inside.

“How did you get back the embryos from Nedry in the first place Henry?” asked Alan as he looked at the one in the tank. It was a hadrosaur its body was hooked up to several wires and monitors were going off to ensure its health.

“Thank Nima for finding them. She was tracking Nedry for the Costa Riccan Government under the guise of a Biosyn agent. She managed to find the barbasol can in the dilophosaurs paddock. As well as deal with Nedry’s body,” said Henry.

“You mean what’s left of it?” Robert replied with a look of disgust on his face. Henry realized what Robert was inclining and winced. He remembered what Gerry’s daughter had to say about how Nedry died. Though he did not regret how the bastard ended up like this. Nedry deserved that sort of death as well as any man who would harm a young girl that way. The disgusting pig deserved to be disemboweled by Spitz after what he had done to Jurassic Park.

“I take it you enjoyed that bit of news about Nedry,” said Robert as he shared his sentiments to Henry. Nedry was a known asshole among the staff members of Jurassic Park. The fat computer nerd that enjoyed tormenting everyone and everything he caught eyes on. It would not be a surprise if he was the one who had harmed Spitz and forced him to take action when he saw the girl being raped. Though Spitz would not know what rape is, he would know what an attacker on his pack member was. He also suspected that Henry wanted some payback on the fat bastard for hitting him from behind back at the labs. Though Robert is not sure on whether Henry felt that way or not. The Asian man never mentioned ever thinking of it. But who knows with the geneticist.

But Henry is happy now that he has Tien and Rosie. Both of which are sleeping just off to the side after eating a meal. At only eight months old Rosie is starting to show signs of slight aggression she snapped at Henry earlier when he gave a larger portion to Tien instead of her causing the two to fight. Tien being smaller and venomous bit Rosie’s flank and the raptor claws at Tien’s side. That made Henry run to Gerry’s makeshift clinic to get them checked over for stitches and antivenom.

Now patched up and sleeping the two are off in a corner with scent markers around them to know that Henry is nearby.

“I enjoyed the news of his death Robert. The fat bastard hit me after all and I had hoped for his rapid death. But instead he was killed slowly so it made it better. Please forgive me for wishing ill on someone,” Henry said to him. His voice showed how angry he was when he had woken up to find his embryos gone.

“We forgive you Henry after all Nedry was stealing from all of us not just you,” Robert said to him. Henry nodded remembering the theft of Alan’s dinosaurs as well as the death of Robert’s raptors.

All because of greed that made things plain and simple. Greed was a great innovator for many things. But Henry had learned that it only leads to death. That is what it was and the dinosaurs had humbled him to some extent.

“Changing the subject how are Tien and Rosie?” Alan asked Henry as he looked at the two. He noticed that Tien was starting to grow feathers along his flanks. Sharp protofeathers had began to grow and it gave him a look of a plucked porcupine. Rosie however remained bare as bone which is normal for the types of raptors that Alan knows Henry has been breeding.

Tien woke first to see Alan and Robert before going back to sleep. The Troodon of course is nocturnal so during the light of the day he is often seen lounging around until nightfall before he himself goes hunting. He raised his head and stared at both Alan and Robert before going back to sleep. Both men smiled at the sight of the dinosaur as he was snoring softly while Rosie opened one eye at them. She was too full to do anything other then move her eyes, but she was content at the moment before going back to sleep.

In the meantime as the three men then returned to the subject at hand as Henry sat down. He clearly looked worn out for the past few months being here.

“Henry are you alright?” asked Alan clearly concerned for the scientist.

“If you had to ask me that yes and no. Yes as in physically I am fine I am just tired and no emotionally I am not. After what had happened with Tien, Rosie and Cindy I...well I get scared thinking I might lose them again,” Henry stated.

The other two nodded in understanding. Robert then placed his hand on top of Henry’s shoulder as a gesture of comfort.

“Henry mate, I know what it is like to go through shit like that. When you worked as long as I have in Africa’s most dangerous countries I get nightmares of the friends I had lost and the loved ones I had to say goodbye to. If you need someone to talk to you can speak to me alright,” he said to him and Henry nodded. Understanding finally dawned on him.

“Thanks Robert,” he said to him. His face showed how grateful he was and the two left him alone afterwards.

 

LATER

“You never told me any of this,” Alan said to him as he and Robert made their rounds around the compound. Robert the whole time was quiet. The conversation with Henry really shook him, but when Alan asked him meaning he wants to know. It was understandable after all. If they are going to be partners in this he deserves to know something about the man he is helping to make Jurassic Park a reality. With a sigh as Robert gestured for them to head over to the raptor pens.

It was here the Robert kept the trio that was found in the laboratories when he and Alan discovered the dead workers. The two now male raptors named Talon and Pierce and the female named Cookie. The three of them were in an enclosure where they were being kept for the time being until they could do something about them. Unlike Rosie these raptors looked very different.

“Do you think they might be a different species?” Robert asked Alan when Cookie came over. She was the bigger of the two and clearly the alpha of the trio.

“Well I can tell you now their gene makeup is clearly different then that of Rosie or the Nublar raptors. When Sarah and I were flying over the south end of the island there was another group of raptors, these ones are more tiger stripped. They are roaming over the grasslands there and from their appearance a bit more aggressive. So I would be cautious when we head in that direction,” Alan warned.

Robert nodded remembering a few accounts from the workers about those raptors. They were mostly in the grasslands and rarely go into the jungles. Part of it was because of the other T-Rexes and part of it was of other predators such as the Carnotaurus that also roam the jungles. For only nearly a year InGen has been working to cover up the mess they caused at Isla Nublar. Thankfully they moved all the important stuff into Sorna before the big hunters came.

Sorna had too many dinosaurs and with the new year coming up Robert was not looking forward to spending it dealing with Raptors.

But at least the raptors he has here are a lot more tame then those out in the jungle. From what he had heard from several reports the raptors are not as well organized as the Nublar raptors. In fact they were the specimens that Henry complained about once.

He remembered it a few years ago to be precise about someone complaining that the raptors looked dull and wanted to make them look more lively by putting in the gene that gave a tiger its distinct coloring. Henry was pissed when he heard it and wanted to fire the man. But he was not in charge of Sorna he was only in charge of Nublar. That put things into perspective if one were to think about it. Robert was sure that Henry did not stop ranting for a good few days.

Now however was the proof that Henry was right about his rantings to the two men. But Henry was still in the labs while he and Alan were checking on their younger raptors.

“I think that the raptor pack behavior is more learned then instinct. True instinct commands them to be a pack, but it is learned who is in charge of the pack and how it is supposed to run. Just like with killer whales, elephants and humans I think that raptors need to learn how to do certain behaviors then have it roll off of instinct,” Alan said to him. Robert had to agree with this statement.

“Well I remember back in Kenya I used to watch the lions and from what I saw mothers would teach their cubs how to hunt. And what they would do is take them on hunts and show them how to hunt certain prey. Each time the cubs would watch their mothers and learn from them what prey to hunt and how to hunt them. These raptors if they have the same behaviors and behavior traits as lions then they would have been more coordinated when learning how to hunt in the wild. If what Henry said is correct and they added tiger DNA to give that more stripped pattern. Then the tiger being more of a solitary animal is fighting the raptor which is a pack animal. Two incompatible genes which causes this group to be more dangerous and unpredictable,” Robert said to him. Alan nodded in understanding at what Robert was trying to tell him. His own knowledge in animal behavior came from both his studies into paleontology and his studies as an animal trainer and behaviorist.

If what Robert said was true then these raptors were not the normal pack hunters but wild rogues who are unpredictable.

A chirping noise interrupted their conversation as the duo looked up to see Nico coming into the pen with a large chunk of meat in his mouth. The other three raptors quickly rushed towards him to get a bite. Nico then leaned down and deposited the larger then him chunk and the juveniles quickly started to feast on the flesh.

“So how do we stop them from killing our dinosaurs Alan?” asked Robert. Alan had snorted when Robert asked that of him. After all the man was the expert on live raptors. But Alan does see his point and it would become a problem if they had to separate the raptors from others.

“We could do what I did with Tank. Introduce them to the other dinosaurs and let them know that these animals are our pack. It is like what they do in some zoos. They have methods that they use when they introduce different species into the same area. The animals introduced would be considered pack members in the end. That way there would be no fighting between them and the individual would settle down.” said Alan.

“Raptors can do that, I mean I have seen yours. Speaking of Nico I have noticed that he has gotten a lot bigger then the normal length of our Velociraptors. So if Henry is right then Nico is not a velociraptor at all,” said Robert. The said dinosaur was busy lounging in the sunlight enjoying the smaller ones were feeding off of the meat.

“No, and I have a suspicion of what he is,” replied Alan as he looked at Nico closely.

“Really? Then what is he then if not a supersized Velociraptor?” Robert asked.

“I think and I will have to have Henry and Gerry look into it but I believe he might be a Utahraptor,” Alan replied. The look on Robert’s face was shocked.

“A Utahraptor are you sure?” he asked remembering his read on dinosaurs and how large a Utahraptor can get. Alan nodded his head in confirmation that he is sure.

“But I have to get Henry to confirm it with me but I am pretty sure that he is a utahraptor. I also want an X-ray from Gerry so I can see the skeleton of Nico to also confirm it. Since I do study bones of dead animals.” Alan explained to him. Robert nodded to him in agreement.

Just before they could move on a loud noise was heard from within the raptor pens. Both men turned just in time to see Cookie the only female of the group of three fighting off Talon. Talon being the more adventurous of the two tried to take a bone that was meant for Cookie. The female was having none of it and continued to fight until Nico broke it up with a snort. Both being chastised they showed their throats as a sign of respect. Robert snorted at the behavior before turning back to Alan.

“So when you want to schedule the appointment?” he asked Alan. The other man smirked, “As soon as the new equipment arrives. Mr. Hammond did say that he was personally funding this project until he can get grants from the government. Nima is working on her end to secure one from the Costa Riccan government while Hammond is working to secure one from the Americans. I had however heard that we had approval from the National Science Foundation and they would like to inspect our operation sometime next year,” Alan said and Robert snorted, “Probably to see if we would be fully operational by then.”

“Yeah,” Alan replied.

Just then they heard a shout for their names and they turned just as a man in a junior rangers uniform struggling with one of the Herbivores. A Triceratops from the looks of it as the juvenile began to charge him. The man tried to run backward only for him to collide with a tree.

The two men raced to the man’s aid and Alan halted the triceratops with a whistle he kept in his shirt. Startled the triceratops stopped its charge and submitted after shaking its head. Robert went to help the man up.

“Alejandro what the hell happened?” Robert asked him and the man dusted himself off.

“I don’t know, one minute everything was fine and I was cleaning Margaret here when all of a sudden she started getting aggressive and attacked me,” he said to them. Alan walked up the Triceratops and saw it snort as it made to charge again only for him to put his hand to his whistle. The triceratops remembered it and backed down. It lowered its head in submission giving a small mew before going up to Alan. Alan petted the juvenile before turning to Alejandro.

“She was only trying to play with you. Alex you need to remember that behaviors such as this are natural. You have to remind her that you are not as tough as you look and always carry your whistle,” he said to him to show that the man was missing said whistle.

“I will remember next time señor,” was the reply. They helped to dust him off before seeing him scurry off to do something else. The triceratops following him. After that incident the two decided to inspect other areas to see where the new recruits are training their animals or where they themselves are being trained. As they neared the area where the stegosauruses are being kept they heard the voice of someone playing with one of the newly acquired baby stegos.

“You are so cute, yes you are,” said a voice this one a female and the two men came upon a woman with red hair playing with a baby stegosaurus. She was one of the new recruits brought on board by Gerry Harding.

Sarah Harding is Gerry’s oldest daughter and an expert on dangerous animals. She was currently looking at a baby stegosaurus who had suffered some lacerations from a raptor attack in the grasslands the day before. Sarah was the one who found the stegosaur after seeing its mother lose a battle with the raptors. There were too many of them to fight and she had died because of it. So while they were busy feasting on the mother. Sarah smuggled the baby stegosaurus out of the grass fields with nothing but a pickup truck.

Now back in the safety of the compound she managed to have her father treat the animal and it is in a pen where it can enjoy the sunlight with other baby dinosaurs. Gerry had his hands full with the emergency surgery on the animal. Thankfully he had a supply of venom thanks to Tien to put the animal to sleep while he worked on its systems. Gerry figured out how to synthesize the venom of both Tien and Spitz to be used as tranquilizers and antiseptics for dinosaurs. It proven to be more effective then the chemical based ones. Some of his native workers helped too with their knowledge of native plants. So with some of them being ex-drug dealers they came up with a solution that would help them in the long run.

Alan and Robert walked up to Sarah who was cuddling the stegosaur now out of its pen.

“Oh hey guys!” she waved to them as she showed them the stegosaurus.

“Hello Sarah how is our little friend getting alone?” Robert asked her.

“Oh Phoebe is doing fine she is just playing with me. She learns pretty fast for an animal people say has the brain the size of a walnut,” she said to Robert and the other man shrugged.

The baby stegosaurus was then led back to her playpen where she happily munched on some leaves. When Sarah stood up. Her red hair a stark contrast to Gerry’s dark brown which means she took after her mother. She wore a rough shirt which has seen better days and khaki colored shorts which also has seen better days. Her hiking boots were covered in mud which is an indication that like father, like daughter in a sense.

Gerry asked them if they could hire her seeing as her expertise is on dangerous animals. Though true she has never worked with dinosaurs. She has that knowledge of how dangerous some animals could be. So Robert did not hesitate to hire Gerry’s eldest daughter to help them build up their group. Robert agreed seeing as they need more experts such as her.

The other person who was hired was a man named Carol Parker another paleontologist. But unlike Alan this man was more fascinated with Cenozoic animals then dinosaurs. So the ice age animals in the mountains and probably the forests such as the titanaboa fascinated him more then the dinosaurs themselves. However Carol is out working on his equipment with a group of volunteers.

Three more paleontologist are also on site one for the different areas of prehistory some of the species came from. They were stationed mainly here at the main compound but they also go out into the fields where their quarries are mostly kept. But they all had to report back to Alan since he is the lead paleontologist.

“Sarah I want you to meet Dr. Alan Grant he is also head of our little group and in charge of training the new rangers on how to deal with dinosaurs,” Robert said to her.

She extended her hand out to him and Alan gave it a firm shake. She took her hand back from him and smiled, “I’ve heard a lot about you from Ian. My father also said the same thing and yet I found my self wondering if this is the same Alan Grant who has been on news broadcasts around the world for having six live dinosaurs.” she said to him smiling.

Smirking at her Alan put his two fingers to his mouth and whistled. The ground shook as large footsteps made themselves known. Then she saw very large shadow appear over her and felt something sniff her hair. Turning around she was frightened by the T-Rex behind her. Rosco gave a snort as he looked at her with one large yellow eye before wondering off towards Alan for his pats. Alan patted his head and sent him off.

Shocked Sarah looked at the amused smirk on his face before he boiled over laughing. Robert also started laughing as he held onto Alan and Sarah seeing the joke started laughing with them.

“Alright guys you think you’re funny!” she said and that was before she nearly had a face full of feathers as something swooped past her and landed on Alan’s outstretched arm. Frankie landed with a spider in his mouth. A pleased look on his mug as he took the spider in his claws and chewed on the abdomen. It was one of the biggest spiders that Sarah has ever seen.

“Welcome to Isla Sorna, Sarah Harding.” Robert said between bouts of laughter.

“Ah there you are!” said another voice as they all turned around to see Gerry on top of Sarah the pteranodon. The pteranodon landed just behind Sarah Harding and she was surprised to see her father so comfortable with the animal. Sarah only lowered herself as Gerry gotten off with a backpack strung to his back. He then unfastened the saddle around Sarah before she took off again.

“Sarah Harding meet Sarah the Pteranodon,” Alan said to her. The redhead turned to look at him in surprise.

“That animal is named Sarah too?” she said to Alan and the other laughed. “Yes, because as her name states she is a princess,” And just before they gotten into another discussion Ray ringed them on their radio. It was Robert who picked it up.

“Go ahead Ray I hear you,” he said.

“You guys need to get here pronto!” here meaning the new control center for the island.

“On our way,” Robert said before hanging up. Both he and Alan looked at each other before heading out to the main room. Sarah followed them along with Gerry.

 

CONTROL ROOM A FEW MINUTES LATER

 

“What is it Ray?” asked Robert as he entered with the rest in tow.

“We got problems, raptor problems,” Ray replied and showed them a map.

It was a map of Isla Sorna with many dots highlighting it on the screen before them. Each one had a distinct color mark of what species it represents. They also had numbers to identify which animals they are and their locations.

“Ray what is this?” asked Robert looking at the screen for the first time.

“This here is a tracking system that we originally had for Isla Nublar, but we had to take it down because it was giving us inaccurate accounts of all our animals. You see after some issues with storms and what happened nearly a year ago. I suspect that the same systems applied for Sorna and I was right,” Ray said as he pulled up dots showing the different animals on display before them. On the side were images of each animal available and some that were not.

“The ones that are available are the ones that were originally released. The ones that are not are the new animals that were bred by them. Since Isla Sorna was supposed to be the breeding facility of Jurassic Park I am not surprised that they are breeding,” he said to them.

“So you think some of the breeders had gotten to Nublar?” asked Alan.

“It might be possible. Even though all the animals were supposed to be female. I would not be surprised that the ones that were created to eventually become males would in fact be running around in the park,” said Ray. His shrug was what told Alan that it was a normal thing to discuss.

“So you knew about the animals breeding?” he said to Ray.

“I guessed, and Henry told me about the discrepancies with the population numbers. I took a guess that some made it here. You see as Dr. Malcolm put it, ‘Life finds a Way,” Ray made that joke while trying to hide the cigarettes from Frankie who was perched on Alan’s shoulder. The Archeopteryx was eyeing the cigarettes with interest. Robert on the other hand did not look amused as he glared at Ray.

“You mean to tell me that no one was monitoring the animals being brought to Isla Nublar? Or are they just that understaffed?” he stated.

“OH don’t get me wrong I brought it up with Hammond numerous times. But it seems to me that either he does not care, or that he was overwhelmed with trying to solve the problem on the Sorna side. But you know what I think? I think it was intentional as a means to keep the population on Nublar steady. Nedry and his organization probably had the animals brought to the island in order to hide that fact and steal the animals that the black market buyer wants without out us knowing. Which makes sense if you ask me,” Ray replied as he put something in his mouth. Alan and Robert quickly realized that it was a tobacco chew. The man chewed for a bit before spitting into a soda can that he had alongside his computer.

“So you brought us here to discuss this?” Robert asked Ray but the man shook his head.

“Nah it is not that. As I stated earlier raptors were seen in the grasslands.” Ray pulled up the map of Isla Sorna again and this time he zoomed in on an area which was marked, ‘The Grasslands.’

“So I take it that the raptors were seen there so who were they attacking?” Robert asked. His eyes went down the map until it settled upon a group of buildings near the south western point.

“The old worker’s village lies just on the banks of the river near the edge of the grasslands. The raptors have been staking it out as a possible territory, but that is where the communications lines are kept. We are trying to reroute the lines so that the substation is not so far away from our compound. But the problem is that where that communications array is located is also a helipad and the raptors have since been seen hunting there when the workers come to secure the lines. So far all attempts at communicating with them had failed due to the distance of the lines and the range of our radios. Once we have those arrays up and that place secured we would have had a good communication line between us and them.” Ray replied his voice showed none of his nervousness. The other two looked at each other with concern.

“Are you stating that you built an outpost there?” Alan said to him. Ray nodded, “We had to in order to be able to communicate with the outside world. At least until we can establish our own array here. So far we depended on that one array at that outpost to be able to speak to the mainland for supplies or Jose and his family. But all attempts have failed to reestablish the outpost after everything had gone to shit.”

Alan and Robert looked at each other in alarm. The outpost is on the southern end of the island if they were to get there then they are walking right in the middle of raptor territory.

At the sight of the map the worker’s village is right near the coast, but still a ways out from the ocean meaning they will have to go on foot. Both of them looked at each other and then at Gerry and Sarah who stood in the background listening in. Both of them had their brows knitted on what to do when Robert turned back to Ray.

“We will need the big guns for this one. If these raptors are anything like what I’ve seen. Then we need the big boys.” Robert said to Alan and the other man agreed. “Yeah looks like we need to bring the Rexes,” Alan said.

“Bring Nico and Spitz as well. We could use also their speed for dealing with the raptors.” Robert replied. His experience with live velociraptors started to come into play. Alan’s experience with dinosaurs in general also started to show with the other people in the room.

“Alright we need to get ready how are we going to get there by land or by sea?” Alan asked him.

“We need to go by land. There is a dangerous reef there just surrounding the area. Jose can testify for me and tell you how many times he has probably had to travel the reef before the massacre.” Robert replied.

“But how did he get to the village? Is there a docking station there?” Alan asked Robert. The other man nodded an affirmative, “Yeah there is one just to the south of the village near a known ridge. Just on the other side of that ridge is a lagoon that is deep enough for a ship to dock. If the workers had any chance to escape then it would be through there.”

Ray went to a nearby locker where he pulled out some large devices. He placed one of each into both Robert and Alan’s hands and one to Gerry. They looked at him in confusion until Ray started explaining what they were.

“Here, I got some SAT phones for you guys so that way we can stay in touch.” said Ray. His voice sounded excited to show off a new toy.

Gerry who was standing quietly was handing the radio to Sarah while looking at the map. His eyes were inquisitive as he looked at each individual mark. He was especially paying attention to the raptors as they were seen near the Worker Village.

“Anything you want to add Dr. Harding?” Ray asked the Vet. Gerry turned towards Ray as he nodded that he had something to say.

“Yeah, we might want to fly over with Sarah the pteranodon to get a feel for the landscape. We only gotten a good half of the island vaccinated with the DX vaccine and treated the rest. The only ones who I had not had time to access was the raptors on this side of the island. If I can get one of them then I can get to the pack. For that I will have to travel with Sarah to the southern end of the island. If we are going by land then we need to take her with us,” Gerry said. Thinking ahead while looking at his daughter who also gave a nod in agreement.

“Good idea Gerry that way we can be prepared in case of an ambush,” Robert replied. Alan also agreed with him seeing as the better prepared they are the more likely that more people will survive.

“What am I going to do?” Sarah Harding asked from where she was standing. She looked a bit lost being among all the males in the room. As the only female she was left in the background.

“You are coming with us. You signed up for this job it is about time you get some hands on experience with dealing with dinosaurs. Remember they are not like the modern predators you are used to dealing with. These bad boys especially raptors are very intelligent. They are as smart as dolphins and chimps only three times as fast and twice as deadly. Those claws on their feet can slice you open in seconds. And their teeth are really sharp. I am sure our little ones can attest to that.” said Gerry indicating the three in the nursery area. When Sarah looked at them she saw them playing with a puzzle game that she would have assumed were for the human children. In fact there are human children with them.

The raptors had watched the human children play their games and to her surprise they started to figure out the puzzles for themselves and started to play with the children.

“Alright I can deal dad, but who will take care of the rest when we are gone?” Sarah asked.

“I already have trained vets from Jurassic Park who wanted to keep their jobs. They decided to join us after Hammond made the offer. They are trained and experienced with raptors so they can deal with our trio,” Gerry replied which made Sarah sigh with relief. She had grown attached to the raptors after her arrival.

“Alright with that set Doc I want you and your daughter to get ready we leave in three days.” said Robert. The others gave him strange looks.

“I had received a weather report about a hurricane landing. I don’t want to take unnecessary risks so that is why we are waiting three days. That way I am sure that we are safe,” he said and the others nodded their understanding as they left to get ready for their adventure into the jungle. Robert turned to Alan and the other man already held up his hands, “I will go prepare the dinosaurs. Don’t worry about me,” he said to him.

“I know that Alan. But I want you to take that pteranodon of yours and scout the area as of this moment before the storm hits. I need to make sure I know the range of the raptor’s territory. If it is the grasslands then we need to learn to take precautions when we get there. So take a camera with you and record what you can see.” he said to Alan and the man nodded, “Alright I will do that right now,” Alan said and with that he left leaving him with Ray.

“So what now?” Ray asked him. He spat again into his can and Robert was gazing at the screen in front of him.

“Now we need to check to see if these are indeed the tiger striped raptors that those idiots in the lab cooked up. Boy is Henry going to be pissed if they are them.” Robert replied as he turned to make his own preparations. Ray just spits again into the soda can he keeps with him for just the thing and returned to his work. There are a lot of things to repair and a lot of things to prepare for if they are going to make this thing fully operational.

 

A FEW HOURS LATER

 

Alan and Sarah swooped over trees and hills. Sarah keeping a respectable height to remain safe from raptors. Using the thermals the pteranodon was able to save energy in the late afternoon. She went down again to catch another thermal. The wind was still in Alan’s face, but thanks to his dive goggles that he had gotten from one of the dive shops in San Jose he was able to see clearer without the wind in his eyes. His hat helps to keep the moisture off as rain started to come down. That made visibility bad.

“Ok girl let’s head back the weather is not looking good,” he said to her and tapped her on the side to signal to return. She banked to the left and followed the wind into the shelter of the valley between the two different mountain ranges. As they flew the wind started to get stronger and Sarah started to show her distress.

“Almost there girl just over that ridge,” Alan said to her and thankfully they managed to make it just before the winds really started to pick up. He managed to get Sarah into the new bunker and secured before the storm actually hit.

Ray was monitoring the events as it happened and thankfully they planned ahead for such a storm event. Everything was locked down and the dinosaurs were secured in their storm paddocks to keep them safe. Alan’s group having been used to indoor shelters were calm and relaxed. Rexy, Junior and some of the others on the other hand were not and everyone had their hands full to keep them calm.

Thank goodness the containment facilities were the first to be built or rebuilt to house their animals. As soon as the doors opened the dinosaurs (or at least Alan’s bunch) rushed in to shelter. Having grown up in a place like Montana where blizzards are bad they knew when to seek shelter. The new dinosaurs such as the raptors didn’t know what to do.

Thankfully Nico was able to guide the young raptors in while Spitz dealt with the four dilophosaurs that were added to the group. A few baby pteranodons were already in the facility so they were safe. Sarah was safely placed on her perch while Alan unfastened the saddle from her back. The herbivores were rounded up and placed into the area where Tank was being kept. They sat together in a herd with their handlers being there to keep them ssecure.

The rest of the facility had already gone into lock down. The winds started to pick up and howl outside as they waited it out. Alan sat with his dinosaurs throughout the whole ordeal. Rosco’s head was next to him as he stroked him down. Tank was on the other side also getting attention from his other hand. Sarah was sleeping with Frankie on her perch while Rexy was being comforted by Robert. Junior had just eaten so was sound asleep with the three little raptors.

Tien and Rosie were playing nearby with Rosie winning. In all the group of oddballs were being quiet. At least all their preparations came in handy for a storm. The rains came in sheets and the roar of thunder could be heard overhead. As they watched from the closed doors and windows the wind shook the trees and made them dip low towards the ground. The snapping sounds of broken branches could be seen as they flew across the way. Thankfully the vehicles and equipment were tied down or taken to shelter for security reasons.

Later that night as Alan set up his cot to sleep next to Rosco the door slammed open and Ray rushed in.

“We just lost the communication’s array!” he said to Alan.

Alan was instantly on his feet along with Robert and Gerry. The three of them had awoken when Ray made the page. Gerry was accompanied by his daughter as they entered the control room.

 

“Shit are they dead?” asked Robert worried about the crew that was sent there.

“Thank God no. They made it out just in time but the communication’s ray took a hit. We need to get that thing back online after the storm passes,” Ray said as the howling winds blew across the trees. Henry rushed in just then.

“What is going on?” he asked sounding worried.

“We lost the communication’s antennae and with this storm it will take us at least a few days before we head on out. Hopefully we can get there soon to make sure that everything is safe. The team that was sent there to check it out thankfully made it to the boat before the storm hit and the raptors didn’t manage to kill anyone just yet. But just in case we are sending a team out to investigate and deal with the raptors. I was going to send a medic out to help with any injured because who knows what is going on.” Ray said.

“Are the teams going to remain there until we get there or are they coming here?” asked Gerry. His face showed his concern as he looked at the glowing map in front of them. Thankfully they had generators for when the weather gets rough. They were built underground to protect them from the storms and from dinosaurs.

As they looked outside the windows of the control room the storm continued to rage as winds pushed the trees to the ground and many objects went flying through. Thankfully when they came to Isla Sorna the group had planned for this event by building underground. By refurbishing some of the old buildings into new facilities since they are still salvageable after the massacre. They managed to get them to full operation. It also helps cut the time in half for when they move some of the populace to the worker’s village where the communication’s dish is.

Unfortunately they have yet to move some of the people there. That was due to security reasons because as an oversight InGen has forgotten to build proper fencing for the facility that is why it is overrun with dinosaurs.

Another reason why they wanted to head out when the storm was over.

“Where is the boat now?” asked Robert.

“Just off the coast. There is an estuary just to the west of the village where the water is deep enough to protect the ship. And they are far enough away from the raptors that there is no harm. Jose is with them.” Ray replied his voice was steady as he chewed on his tobacco piece. His expression was that of a man that was worried about his favorite football team. He kept looking at the large screen trying to see if he could pick up any signal from the worker’s village.

“Where in the estuary are they located?” asked Alan looking at the map.

“If I know Jose they had to be here just inside the deepest part of the estuary. It is deep enough for the boat and sheltered enough that they don’t have to worry about sinking,” Ray said back to him and indeed where the estuary was it was surrounded by all cliffs. The wind will not have much of an impact there as it would on the grass plains where the raptors were seen. If they were smart enough to figure things out they would have headed back into the jungle for safety.

At least that was the thought on everyone’s minds.

 

The rest of the night went about the same way. With everyone worrying about the people on the boat and the storm that was blowing outside. They had to make due until the storm passes.

 

SOMETIME LATER, AS IN SEVERAL DAYS LATER

 

It took longer then expected for the storm to finally pass. When it did it left devastation in its wake. Luckily for the group everything was alright save for fallen trees everywhere. The dinosaurs had started to grow restless in their underground shelter but they didn’t dare venture out. Now that the sun had returned they were left to wonder around and get their restlessness under control.

At this time Alan and Robert decided to take a team to patrol the newly erected fences. It was two layered. The strong steel helps to protect them from the dinosaurs outside their compound and the electric fence on the inside is just an insurance policy. This was a large help for them when they refurbished the original compound. All they had to do was make sure that the fences were intact.

When they returned after their patrol it was found that the fences only suffered minimum damages so repair crew were already out repairing them. Several security personnel were there to ensure that no dinosaurs gotten into the areas where the crews were working.

The pens where the livestock were kept underground thankfully did not flood as they were built to withstand the weather. InGen spared no expense when it comes to their investments. When Alan and Robert checked the other facilities to see if there are any other damages thankfully everything seemed to be up and running to specifications. The dinosaurs themselves seemed to be doing fine after being let out of their pens. Rosco, Rexy and Junior were busy patrolling the fence line to ensure that nothing goes into their new territory without their say so.

Tank was busy helping a few people with some issues seeing as she was a herbivore. Her club tail proved useful in smashing some trees down where they had fallen onto some buildings. The smaller dinosaurs were eating the said trees such as the orphaned Brachiosaurs. Those dinosaurs were munching away. Some Smilodon cubs were even seen enjoying the sunlight as they played with a pair of triceratops. While their handlers are watching.

“At least the new rangers are getting a hand at what goes on here,” Alan said to Robert. The other man nodded as he watched the small repairs going on here and there.

 

A FEW DAYS LATER
It took nearly four days before everything was set for them to leave for the outpost. The main dinosaurs to leave with them are of course the main group. Alan climbed onto Rosco with Robert on Rexy and Gerry on Junior. Sarah Harding was on Sarah the pteranodon and would be flying ahead. Ray and Henry are staying behind to keep an eye on things. Nima who had just arrived back from the mainland was also accompanying them seeing as she has experience with jungles and wilderness. They were accompanied by several vehicles with supplies and equipment.

In front of them were a group of young and middle aged people. All of them looked ready seeing as they are the ranger team from Jurassic Park. Having returned after its fall Robert could not have been more proud of his team. He trained them himself and seeing as they had to train to accept a different sort of handling. Majority of them remained while only three did not return.

“Guys you’ve trained for this and this is like back at Isla Nublar. Only this time there will be no going to the mainland for the storm. Here you will stay as the animals will need you once it passes. Your families are here as well as your new family. Here your training will be different but your job is the same. We will protect people and animals from each other. To do that we have to work together this time around. So that is why these animals are being used to help us deal with others. Ain’t that right Rexy old girl,” Robert said with a smile as he patted the T-Rex’s leg. A rumble could be heard as Rexy turned to sniff at Robert as he reached back and patted her snout.

The other rangers looked nervous at him as he did so but Robert was used to Rexy by now. Having grown closer to the large female in the last few months. Rexy was already fitted with a saddle specially made for her by several local workers who had once worked at a tannery and smith shop. Fine leather softened with cowhide like what they would wear on horse saddles. It was by Alan’s specifications like how he had with Sarah. The pteranodon was already saddled up and ready to go. Surprisingly Nico was saddled being as he had grown much larger then he had before. Alan was sure of his species now that Nico is starting to grow a more feathered tail. In fact he is starting to grow all his feathers out of season in much to Alan’s surprise. The now dubbed Utahraptor is indeed going through another growth spurt, and Alan was going to enjoy throwing everyone else in the paleontology community out the window.

 

“Alright do you know why we have dinosaurs with us instead of a mountain of trucks?” Robert asked them turning prep time into a classroom lesson.

The many heads all nodded in understanding until Robert told them to answer. It was surprisingly Sarah Harding who answered.

“It was to build a bond of trust between us and our future partners,” she said to him. Robert nodded, “Good at least someone is paying attention. Now before we head off I want someone else to answer this one instead of Ms. Harding here. Tell me why are we building bonds with our animals now?” Robert asked them. Everyone turned to each other but another person spoke.

“It was to ensure that if we need any help our dinosaurs will be there to help us get through our problems. They are our partners and our teammates as much as a dog is a companion to a police officer.” said another person.

“Good, very good. This exercise into Isla Sorna is to help get the communication’s array back online and to train you lot in what dangers lies beyond that fence. As I stated earlier we are entering into another world. So it is important that you keep that in mind when we go out there. We don’t know what waits for us there. Here there are no fences that separates paddocks. So be careful and watch yourselves. Trust your partners and they will in turn trust you. Can you do that?” he asked them and they nodded.

With a satisfied smirk he called for the group to mount up. Those assigned to dinosaurs were to go in groups. Alan, Robert and Gerry were to take up the first batch as they were riding the T-Rexes. Then they were followed by a few vehicles with weapon’s mounts on them. Behind them was a third group with Nima of all people on Nico with Spitz beside them then the last group with Tank which brought up the rear with their supplies.

 

As the gate to their compound opened they began to head on out into the jungles beyond. Sarah Harding mounting up on Sarah the Pteranodon as the pterosaur took off towards the skies. As the group headed out they were unsure of what they would find when they get out there, but thankfully they were well prepared this time.

 

TBC

Notes:

Ok so I started playing Jurassic World Evolution 2 and I have to say that this game is AWESOME! I even started playing part 1 again to get ideas going for what the rangers will be up to until LW timeline officially starts in my story. But here I have finally introduced Sarah Harding who is the oldest daughter of Gerry Harding and from the cast of the LW. Don’t worry other team members will be here so hold on to your horses, but at least I am integrating them into the story and not dumping them.

As a side note we are now caught up with Fanfiction.net now so there is no need to go back and forward now.

So HALLELUJAH!

Chapter 41: Jungle Trek

Summary:

The Long Journey across an Island as large as Isla Sorna can be dangerous if not properly prepared right?

Notes:

To the reviewer on fanfiction.net who told me a bit about the carnivore riding thing. I already have things planned out of why they mounted their animals. As part of their training which will be revealed in this chapter.

As for all of you who have never been on an island let me tell you a thing or two. The trek around the island can be unpredictable. It is not all easy going as you will know within this chapter before we finally gotten to the worker’s village. So as you know I am slowly starting to introduce the LW cast into this storyline before we get to the main event. As you all know Hammond’s group arrived before InGen’s, but in the novel it was the other way around. So I will follow the movie line more then the book for timeline events. But will incorporate some elements of what I remember from the novel since I had lost my copy a while back.

I am also excited about it being 40 chapters in since this story started, and the four other stories that are on my long running stories that list I have devoted most of my time to. It is all because of you guys. I love you guys so much.

 

Anyhow thank you all for faving this story and having been patient for me you guys are the best!

 

Warning not fully beta read (As I am too exhausted to finish).

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

ISLA SORNA

 

 

 

The hot steaming forests of Isla Sorna where the group is going through is filled to the brim with bugs. For people like Alan and Robert they had grown used to it along with the many workers and locals who call this island home. For some of the new comers however the bugs have become a problem.

 

 

SWAT! The sound of someone slapping themselves when they were bitten brought amusement to Alan’s face. Under him Rosco gave a rumble to show that had he been human would also find it amusing. He was also watching from where he was perched on Rosco’s back the others doing drills that Robert insist they do with the dinosaurs in case of a dinosaur attack.

 

“Alright you remember what you need to do when a large predator comes charging through those bushes yes?” Robert yelled at his men. It was a military style training regime that involves them getting on and off the animals as fast as they could.

 

“Why do we have to do these stupid drills!” one of the newcomers complained and the others remained silent. Robert upon hearing this turned Rexy around and went right for the man who spoke. He was on top of one of the few triceratops that came from Isla Sorna. The Trike became defensive as it reared its massive horns at Rexy. Recognizing her scent above that of any predator. Rexy only snorted as she looked at the man on the back of this trike. Robert was not amused as he patted her down.

 

“Kenny right?” he said to the young man. He was dark skinned with an accent. From his notes Kenny hailed from Congo and Robert was more then happy to put the man in his place.

 

“Kenny need I remind you that you need to trust your dinosaur. When it senses danger then you have to be aware of it. Trust is what will get you along way here. Ain’t that right Margaret?” he said to the Triceratops as he patted her side. All the gotten was a snort from the large animal as she had known him for a while.

 

“The reason why we have these drills is to ensure that when something does happen your animal can protect you and itself from danger. That means you need to leap off when it starts to sense danger. Find the nearest hiding spot and let the animal lead the danger away. When the danger has past then it will come back for you. They always do this you need to remember it,” Robert said his voice loud enough for the others to hear. Kenny looked down his face showed his frustration, “Why can’t we help?” he asked.

 

“You can help but not in a sense that it would put your animal in danger. The reason why we have such heavy vehicles with us as well as you running these drills is so that you can learn to trust each other. Both you and your dinosaur are a team! You need to trust your animal and it will trust you to have its back. When danger strikes it will come to your aid as you will come to its aid when it is in danger. Remember that and Kenny, Margaret is your Partner not your pack mule. She can carry the weight, but at the same time you need to respect the fact that she is a wild animal. Like an elephant you need to respect her as she respects you. But respect has to be earned in order for her to listen to you. Do you understand?” Robert said to him and the man slowly nodded.

 

“Good,” with that he climbed back onto Rexy using the ladder that was made for passengers and Rexy gladly took off back into the jungle with the others following the roads that have started to become overgrown again with jungle plants.

 

The trek to the Worker’s village is long and crosses into the marshy inner island where they know most of the predators linger. From what he understood there are more Titanoboa and Sarcosuchus here as well as other predators that once roamed the prehistoric jungles. InGen wasted no expense in bringing them back from extinction.

 

As they crossed out of the territory of the compound the roads lead up through a group of mountains where the Embryonics Center is located. Which is up the Western Mountain range. In order to get to the worker’s village they have to cross through a shallow valley into another mountain range before hitting the swamps and meadows which are home to the predators.

 

As the group traveled they were met by strange wildlife. Most of which had gone extinct by humans such as the Dodo bird and surprisingly enough what Alan identified as a Moa. A giant bird that belonged on New Zealand along with its predator the Hast Eagle. There were even other creatures here that Alan was surprised to see. He saw a D imetrodon not to long ago making it s way through the forests in search of prey. As it neared the group it was the Rexes that chased it off knowing that there are bigger predators then itself in this area of the island.

 

They had witnessed a few other creatures in the forest the further they went in. One of them was perhaps a Titanoboa since this area is a good place for it but Alan was not too sure. As they trekked through the forests that surrounded their home. The land started to become more open the more they crossed the western mountains and into more arboreal terrain. Here some of the animals started to change too. The dinosaurs they had seen earlier was gone replaced by others. Larger herbivores that Alan identified as more cretaceous animals started to emerge.

 

Here he saw a herd of triceratops accompanied by some parasaurolophus and a few ankylosaurus. Tank bellowed a greeting to them which they replied back. The other ankylosaurs in their group also bellowed as they marched past them following the roads towards the interior of the jungle. Though they bellowed they did not follow the herd having been trained from an early age to follow their human counter parts.

 

 

By the time they made it to the swamps to begin the more westerly was when the first disaster struck.

 

One of the new rangers had been dumb enough to leave his partner behind and venture out into the bush to relieve himself. His triceratops started to bellow a warning. But by the time the others got wind of it he was taken by force and eaten by a hungry carnotaurus. The animal as it turns out can camouflage itself to blend in with its surroundings. The other rangers are instantly on alert with guns and dinosaurs ready. The triceratops that was with the man was wounded by trying to defend its partner with its horns dripping blood. It was not till about three hours later that they found the remains of their fellow ranger and the dead carnotaurus who suffered some severe stab wounds along his side. Which proved to be fatal as it bled to death and is currently being eaten by others of its kind and a large group of compys.

 

The group moved on through the bush keeping watch for any more stragglers. Robert and Alan were silent the entire time while some of the rangers were talking. But a quick glare from Robert silenced them.

 

It was not till they reached the first of many stops that they ran into their second problem. That being a dimetrodon that wanted to take a snack out of one of the smaller animals. It attacked during the heat of the day thinking that everyone was out for a drink at a nearby river when it came from the bushes. Thankfully one of the stegosaurs managed to hit it with its tail sending it bleeding into the bushes.

 

The fourth thing to happen which nearly killed another Ranger was a T-Rex rampaging through the bushes chasing after another animal. Upon sight of Rosco, Rexy and Junior it called for its other pack members and that turned into a nasty fight. The other dinosaurs had fled into the bushes in some occasions and had to be rounded up while the carnivores all fought off the intruders.

 

When the fighting ended there was a large amount of missing animals. It took them nearly a day to round them up before they began their trek again into the jungle of Isla Sorna. But they were without losses. One of the smaller Trikes had been hit by another dimetrodon not too far from where the camp was. It caught it by surprise and its remains was all that the group had to deal with.

 

Robert turned towards the new rangers. “This is what happens when one does not pay attention to their surroundings. It is just like in Africa. You fuck up, you or your animal partner will die. Understood?” he said to the group and the rangers all nodded their heads as they continued their way through the this swamps. When the land started to slope up again they began the long trek along the road left behind by InGen. It led deeper into the jungle. Where the land was lush and mossy in the beginning began to transform once more into a n arboreal habitat. The trees began to become more sparse and more conifers and redwoods began to take over. It looked like a forest found in North America more then in Costa Rica.

 

But still the group trekked onward towards their goal. Spitz was becoming agitated by the sounds he hears and his feelings were also mirrored by Nico. Alan ordered a halt while he examined his animals. It was then that the other animals started to get agitated. Nodding to Robert they both got their guns ready.

 

At seeing their leaders doing so the rest of the group quickly gotten into position when a large mammalian animal stomped past. It was like something out of the ice age as it long fur and massive tusks made it iconic throughout paleontology.

 

Holy fuck, the day I would see a wholly mammoth would be the day I got shot with a tranquilizer dart,” Alan said and Robert snorted when he said that. The animal was not alone as it traveled through the forest. Other mammoths traveled with them some great and small.

 

“Ok I admit I never thought I would see them here either,” said Robert as he noticed other animals beside them. A snort lets him know that Rexy was agitated by the smell of the mammoths. Even Robert could smell how musty their damp fur is compared to that of an African Elephant. The group lowered their guns, but did not put them away keeping them ready. As the mammoths passed them one trumpeted to them and it was replied by Rosco who gave a greeting of sorts...or was it a warning?

 

The mammoths turned to look at the group of humans and dinosaurs before moving on. The humans decided to move on as they gotten on their animals after their break and continued on their trek.

 

The arboreal forest gave way to temperate rain forests allowing the animals to see the world in a different view. It was also colder which made some of the herbivores nervous and cold. But luckily the rangers managed to put blankets on the ones effected. Tank was enjoying this scenery since the ankylosaur was reminded of her home in Montana. She would snort and shake her head and body which made the person who rode her namely Gerry a little annoyed.

 

“Jeeze girl! What is the matter?” he said as he tried to calm her down. Alan on Rosco turned around to see this. Chuckling to himself he could not help but call out to him.

 

“Don’t worry she is just happy this place reminds her of home,” he said to him. And Gerry looked at Alan strangely before smiling to himself.

 

Ah you miss home don’t you girl?” he said to her and all the got was a snort before she moved with the rest of them. Nico and Spitz both broke away from the group and started doing happy leaps and snap and play with each other much to the amusement of the rangers in the vehicle behind them. Rosco also snorted as he shook the droplets of water off of his feathers. He had started growing them as they were getting ready to leave. Now in the colder forests above they suit him just fine as they made camp near the peaks. Some of the animals huddled closer together for warmth.

 

When the dawn,s light came they made the trek down the mountain back through the different climates and into the lowlands. By now after much delay they made up the time the spent getting to the peak and down the mountain.

 

“Look an airstrip,” Robert said to Alan as they pointed down the mountain slopes.

 

It was here that they saw the strip sitting there and waiting for a plane to land on it. The control tower was absent meaning that the pilots if there was any had to rely on their eyes and ears before take off and landing. From the looks of it, it was one way in and one way off of the island. As the group approached the airfield they noticed that it was along the border of the arboreal forests and the thick jungles of the lowlands. Both types of plants could be seen here. Meaning they are nearing the grasslands. The nearby river provided water to the animals. While the dinosaurs were resting the rest of the group met in the main tent that was set up for them.

 

“Alright where do we go from here Robert?” Gerry asked as they looked at a map of Isla Sorna.

 

“We have to travel further south at least for another hour before we reach the grasslands. The edge of the forest is here. So if here is the airstrip then that means the grasslands are here,” Robert explains showing them a detailed map of Isla Sorna.

 

“So the raptors are here then?” said Gerry.

 

“No they are further south west near the worker’s village,” said Robert showing them the raptor sightings.

 

So what do we do. There is a lot of long grass here and it is dangerous to travel through such high grass.” said another ranger this one was a man with an African accent meaning he came from somewhere on the dark continent and he is someone that can relate to what Robert knows.

 

Alright here is what we will do, we will split the larger animals first making a perimeter around the smaller ones. The vehicles are well protected against raptors. That is bullet proof glass so they should be able to withstand an attack. Plus you have those guns on the top that can track and kill one should they do come after us. If we keep this formation then it would be harder to attack someone. Remember these raptors are dangerous. They are not like the ones on Nublar they are more savage and that is because of the genetic structure they had undertaken by someone who was not of Dr. Wu’s caliber.” Robert said to them they all seemed to look at each other before finally one of them spoke.

 

“Dr. Grant I read your book on possible raptor behaviors. You think that they would exhibit those behaviors like you saw on Nublar?” asked another ranger this one was a short man with tanned skin and red hair. It made Alan think about some of the people he left behind in Montana.

 

It is true that dinosaurs are unique and that their hunting patterns can only be theorized. But what I found fascinating with the Nublar raptors versus Nico here is their hunting patterns. Raptors hunt in packs of up to ten individuals. They might or might not be part of a larger group. They normally track their prey down first before attacking, and try to figure out the best course of action. In this case us. So a lot of prey animals would normally do the formation that Robert was talking about where they put the smaller members of their group towards the middle. It is a defense mechanism seen in modern animals today,” Alan said to them. Some eyes lit up in understanding such as Gerry who has worked with larger animals before others seemed confused by the whole speech. But they did not say a word.

 

So when they reached the grasslands the group had split off into a tight formation. Rosco being the biggest was in the lead followed by Tank and another smaller ankylosaur on either side. They in turn had two vehicles flanking Spitz and Nico in the middle with the wounded triceratops. It was a good thing that it’s flank was the one that was hit and not somewhere vital. Rexy and Junior being the bigger took up the rear on either side. Making sure the group was well protected.

 

But Alan and Robert knew raptor behavior and they indeed watched the sides. So did Rexy, Rosco and Junior all three had experience. So did some of the others but the new rangers did not and so it was no surprise that it wasn’t until their second day into the grasslands that the first attack happened.

 

They were sitting around their fire with a group of parasaurolophus came through grazing on the various grasses. They were joined by some woolly mammoths and some triceratops. It was a peaceful sight to behold.

 

The raptors are just to the south of us so that means that we are fine here unless there is another pack. We don’t know how far they travel to hunt but…..” he did not get to say anything else because Rosco started to growl. The winds had shifted and so did the scent of new things coming up towards them. Alan instantly reached for his radio.

 

“Sarah are you there?” he asked her since she was in the air.

 

Yeah I am here, I see six raptors coming in from the south. They look like they are hunting. Another group is coming in from the north so it might be either one big pack or they might be two different packs….wait...there are two different packs of raptors. The second pack looks more like our friends from the compound. The large white one must be the alpha since the others seemed to follow her orders. The ones from the south look like they don’t have much of a leader. But we don’t know that yet till we get closer.” she said and Robert took the radio from Alan.

 

Get clear of the raptor packs. Velociraptors are known to jump at least twenty feet in the air. Stay at an altitude of fifty or more out of range you hear me,” said Robert and a brief amount of static came and then… “Understood,” was all that was said. When he gave the radio back to Alan Robert looked at the rest.

 

We will stay closer to the edge of the jungle for now. That way we can steer clear of the raptors. If the ones on Nublar has told me anything it is that Raptors are highly territorial and they would guard their territory and their nests with their lives. So we must proceed with caution.” he said to them.

 

But one of the animals that was being hunted started to get closer to them. They noticed too late when a nother group came from the other side and without warning attacked the animal. That sent the group up in alarm as their dinosaurs started to panic.

 

Calm them down before we start a stampede!” said Robert as he held onto to Rexy. The Rex was the first to take a defensive stance against this new threat. The rangers quickly formed up and gathered their animals as they moved across the meadow towards the safety of the trees. As they did so Sarah gave a warning as to the group coming after them.

 

Shit! The orange group is coming right for us!” said one of the rangers. He was rather heavy set but luckily was on top of Tank. Gerry had since been moved to one of the vehicles alongside Eddie Carr one of the techs who were sent with them to work on the vehicles in case of damage. Tank was no stranger to raptors and swung her tail just in time. The raptor went flying some distance away. The second raptor tried to get at the ranger on top, but she moved out of the way just in time. Nico and Spitz were instantly on Tank trying to fend off the raptors.

 

They are trying to separate Tank from the group! Quickly form up! Red one, Red Two flank that ankylosaur and open fire!” Robert said to them. Suddenly gunshots were in the air as one of the rangers opened fire. The one riding Tank did the same as he locked his legs into his saddle and began shooting at the nearby raptors. Spitz was on his backside teeth and claws ready. Then two jeeps joined them with mounted guns they started opening fire on the raptors. That caused the herd that they were trying to avoid to run.

 

Oh shit STAMPEDE!” one man shouted as a whole herd of dinosaurs came right at them. The group ran for their lives as their animals did the same. Robert and Alan both rode side by side on the Rexes. Gerry was inside the vehicle as Eddie drove beside Junior as they headed for the trees. They were followed by the vehicles and several of the others. Luckily for them the raptors were not interested in them. They were more interested in the herd. When the sounds of an animal falling were heard they feared it was one of them.

 

Luckily for them none of their animals were hurt. Their Rangers took a hit in a few ways or not but they barely managed to get to the trees. One of their vehicles however didn’t make it as it was hit by a Triceratops and then later smashed by some hadrosaurs. The humans inside also didn’t make it. Robert and Alan both took off their hats to show their respects to the dead. Several others followed suit as they all put down their hats and gear to give respect.

 

“We make camp here,” Robert said to them and started barking orders.

 

As the group started to gather materials the dinosaurs were either allowed to hunt or feed or keep a look out. Rosco was particularly protective as he refused to move while Rexy went to hunt. She was followed by Junior who returned with a large chunk of meat for him. Nico and Spitz also had hunted in the forest with a return with some kills.

 

While they sat there in the light of the fire one of the rangers finally spoke.

 

“When do we mourn the dead?” he asked Robert. Robert looked up at him with eyes glazing in sadness.

 

“We mourn now while the fire burns and the moon is not in sight,” he said to them. The other rangers turned towards him one of them voicing their opinion.

 

Why such poetics? Our companions have died!” said one man a Latino Man his Spanish Accent made his anger more prominent as he glared at Robert.

 

“Don’t you think I know that shithead! I was there! We were all there! We saw them die in this God Forsaken Place!” Robert nearly shouted. Alan had to put a hand on his shoulder to keep him from going after the man. His own tears on his face as he saw them die.

 

We cannot fight like this. I have seen many people in my lifetime die to large predators. Tigers, lions, crocodiles, snakes, you name it I’ve seen it. I’ve been everywhere and death is all around us.” said another man this one an African man. He was not very tall but he held himself as someone who has seen a lot in his life. Robert nodded his thanks to that man. The others seemed to look nervous as they glanced at each other.

 

I thought we were just going to bust people for trespassing not come here to run for our lives,” said one young ranger. His face showed his youth. Alan sighed remembering the days where he would argue with his own mentor.

 

You think becoming a ranger for dinosaurs is fun then you are just as stupid!” said one older woman. She was there with Robert at Jurassic Park so she was was used to seeing death. In fact the death of her dear friend Joffrey was still on her mind right now. She turned that into anger at her fellow rangers.

 

“I thought it was going to be fun, not filled with terror,” said another one.

 

“It can be fun if you follow the rules. But you have to learn how to respect the animals that you are with. You are lucky that your Stegosaur was there for you or else you could have died,” she said to him. The man flushed in embarrassment. Six months of bonding with his dinosaur and the results are finally in. As if to emphasize his stegosaurus ran him over with her head and slobbered him with her tongue.

 

“Awk! Archie” he said to the dinosaur trying to shove it away. The Stegosaurus tried to get at him again until the man relented and finally reached into his pocket to retrieve something.

 

That something was a bag of something white.

 

“What the fuck is that?” one ranger asked.

 

“Oh this is home made tofu. Archie loves it don’t ya girl,” he said and the stegosaur opened her mouth and gladly chewed on the snack.

 

“Tofu? You give your stegosaur tofu!” said another man whose own stegosaurus was sleeping nearby surprisingly next to Tank and another Ankylosaur.

 

The first ranger shrugged as he stroked down his companion and tried to push it away, “Yeah Archie has a thing for tofu. I mean it is made from soy which you guys give them right?” he said to Robert. The man nodded, “Foods high in Lysine if we don’t give it to them they die.” he said to them.

 

“That does not mean we have to like them. We were just put here to rot in nothing but makeshift buildings that are murder scenes and stuck hunting dinosaurs, which can kill us by the way. I never signed up for any of this,” he said and Robert laughed.

 

“Yes you did asshole. When you signed the contract with InGen you signed your death warrant. So you are basically stuck with dealing with dinosaurs. So you might as well shut the fuck up and live with it,” Robert said to him.

 

As if laughing Rexy who was resting next to Robert snorted causing the flames to flip and spin and pieces of debris and ash to land on the said person. One large golden eye was looking at him as if amused before returning to sleep.

 

“Well I don’t know about you guys but I am going to turn in for the night. Who has first watch?” another female ranger said. She was Asian with dark locks going in front of her face. When the dark skinned ranger raised his hand she clapped him on the back. The man winced at the force of it all but the woman was undeterred. Her own dinosaur was in her backpack being it was far too small for use. She unzipped her pack to feed a young parasaurolophus which poked its head out. The woman was one of the newer rangers who just got their partner the young herbivore enjoyed his treats of ferns and grass. Henry did a good job to fix their genes to allow them to eat modern food.

 

“Look I’ve had my fair share of dangerous animals that I’ve studied over the years. And frankly this is the most challenging field job I’ve ever done. I mean who gets to study the behaviors of living dinosaurs. Some of you are seeing something else but I see opportunity. If you decide to leave at least you can claim that you have studied dinosaurs with the rest of us. My father maybe the head veterinarian but only my sister had experienced what I had seen now. Dinosaurs and humans living together that is not fascinating or what?” she said. Her voice filled with wonder at the possibilities of doing things out here.” Said Sarah Harding as she sat there petting Spitz whom was laying down next to her.

 

“Says the enthusiast.” said one of the other rangers. He was disgruntled as some of the rest of them. But that did not discourage him from doing what others can’t. He wore his tanned skin and weathered look well. Unlike some of the others who either looked like they came from a war zone, which was probably true or came from the city and the more peaceful ranger jobs.

 

Robert was finished listening to the complaining. He stood up his face looking as stern as it always been. Those who knew him knew that look well.

 

“Now you listen to me and you listen good. This place is dangerous and everyday could mean the end of your life. Most of you probably came here thinking this is a cakewalk. Like the previous parks you’ve been here before. Those of you who had experience with dangerous animals knows what the stakes are here. But unlike out there the stakes are higher.” he said and now everyone is paying attention to him.

 

“Here this world around you is a lost world full of prehistoric animals brought back to life. Men who wish to play god have brought back these animals and because of this our job is to ensure that we work alongside them to keep them out of the world we come from. Man and dinosaur separated by time are here now. It is our job to ensure that both species can coexist together at the cost of our lives. Just like anywhere else in the world where we deal with large and dangerous animals. We are rangers and it is our job to ensure that the balance between man and nature stays balanced. Meaning that anyone who comes here follows the rules and the animals are kept safely away from those who wish to destroy this new ecosystem they have created. So we need to get our heads out of our asses and do what we came here to do and that is to protect this island and the other islands like it from danger.” he said sitting down again and taking a drink from his canteen. It was at this time that Alan stood up. He appeared nervous as he addressed everyone. But the took a breath and imagined it was like back in Montana where he introduced everyone to his dinosaurs.

 

 

Now when you were children did you ever wonder what bones in a museum actually looked like if they were alive? What the animal would have appeared as had they lived and breathed like us?” Alan asked them and they all looked at each other in confusion.

 

Let me put it to you this way. Have you ever went to a zoo or a park and wondered what it would have been like to wonder the woods and see creatures that no one else has ever seen before? Dragons maybe or dinosaurs? Perhaps going under the sea or flying in the sky on a creature no one has seen before? Well here on Isla Sorna we give you that. As a ranger your job is to protect that world from ever hurting yours. We are the frontline team that stands between the outside world and the creatures that live in this one. We were brought here by choice or by circumstance. But in a way we are here and we are protecting what should have been left alone. Now mind you many would want to kill these creatures or worse sell them on the black market to the richest bidders. I have protected my animals for over five years now. They have become my family and through them I have lived my fantasy. If it is not yours I understand and if you wish to leave I can arrange for Jose to take you back to the mainland on his next run. But for now you are here right now in this world. So you might as well survive it till you can decided whether you want to stay or to leave. It is up to you. But we are here for one reason or another and mine is to protect my family. What is yours?” he asked them.

 

Just as he said it a snort came from behind him and Rosco lifted his head and snorted causing the fire to flicker again and some of them to jump back in alarm. Alan started laughing as he stroked his head.

 

“I guess I will take first watch then,” he said to them and the Asian girl volunteered again as they assigned themselves to watch. Robert could only dread what the day would bring tomorrow when they finally reached the Worker’s Village.

 

 

TBC

Notes:

Hey there sorry for the hold up but I have been busy with life. Changing shifts and all sorts of crap. Leaves me with no excuses but when you work as hard as me then you should know that you get home tired and sore plus you have to cook and get ready for the next day. Then trying to lift your fingers to do anything hurts. So I will leave this with you as a fun little snack. And remember no FLAMES, BASHINGS OR LORE MONGERS PLEASE thanks!

Chapter 42: Raptor Party at the Worker's Village

Summary:

The Rangers enter the Worker's Village and now they face a new danger while trying to bring communications back online.

Notes:

A/n: ok after so many requests I have a new chapter out for you guys. After nearly every day of rising favs and follows for this story I wanted to add this chapter to show what the rangers have to deal with in the early days of the Dino Defenders.

 

So without further a do on to the story.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

ISLA SORNA

 

 

 

When the group arrived at the village it was nearly three days later. Multiple delays and other dangerous factors kept the group from reaching the village in the time originally intended.

 

But when they did get there. They found the place to be deserted with the exception of the stench of decay.

 

They know that stench well.

 

Nico and Spitz were nervous along with the herbivores of the group.

 

As it so happened they could hear the many chirps, barks and calls of velociraptors nearby. These however did not sound like the ones from Nublar. They sounded deeper and more angry with their vocalizations then those of Nublar.

 

“Alan what do you think it is?” asked Sarah Harding she was on her stegosaur, the animal in turn pawed the ground in nervousness.

 

Those are not the sounds normal of raptors. If my guess is correct we are dealing with something bigger,” Alan replied the electrified fencing that protected the village was clearly down since the sight of the village itself could have seen better days. Rosco and Rexy growled low in their throats a clear sign that something was not right. They began to pace much to the annoyance of their riders. Robert was trying to get Rexy under control, but even he was having difficulty doing so. Alan who was on Rosco could feel the nervousness of the larger predator.

 

“Something is definitely spooking the animals,” Alan said as he and the others looked.

 

Sarah Harding was looking around when she spotted something in the distance.

 

“There! In the middle of the street just near that alley,” she said pointing to something off to the side. She tried to steer her stegosaurus there. But the animal was too scared after some reassurance she gotten off the stego and walked over there. Taking out her rifle she kept it ready for anything. The stegosaurus did not want to move, but at the same time did not want to leave Sarah’s side. Keeping up with her was easy.

 

However when she gotten there and looked at the carcass she realized instantly what it was.

 

She slowly backed up and gotten out her camera to take some pictures. When she was done she and her stegosaur headed back towards the group. When she gotten back there she came across a few more of them.

 

Bodies….everywhere.

 

 

“Sarah what is it?” asked Robert as he leaped off of Rexy to see what has the woman so nervous.

 

“There are bodies everywhere,” she said to him. Alan quickly joined him while the others shuffled their feet nervously.

 

“What bodies?” Alan asked her.

 

“Humans and dinosaurs they are everywhere,” Sarah Harding replied.

 

“Are they all raptors?” Alan asked her but Sarah shook her head.

 

No, the raptors are also counted among the dead. However most of the bodies looked half eaten by something much bigger then a raptor. It was as if the hunter was a picky eater or a nervous one.” Sarah replied and the two men quickly gotten to work.

 

Alright we need to set up a perimeter so I want teams of two with their dinosaurs to secure the area. Vehicle teams I want you to try see if you can reactivate the fences around the village and make it defensible.” Robert called to them and everyone sprung into action. He then looked at the bodies first things first.

 


“The rest of you will help me bury the bodies,” there was much groaning going about the group.

 

 

 

A FEW HOURS LATER

 

 

A massive graveyard stood off to the side with the bodies of all the workers and dinosaurs who died from whatever attacked them. The Tyrannosaurs were the most nervous for they are not sure of the predator that is watching them. They marked their scent around the perimeter to ensure that no other predators came. The raptors that they were looking for had finally appeared at this time.

 

 

They were watching from the outskirts . They would be seen circl ing the area avoiding certain areas purposely and moving away from them. It was intriguing how they did it and it bothered a few of the rangers.

 

However no one is more suspicious then Robert Muldoon who had years of experience with dangerous animals. Right beside him was Sarah Harding who also has experience. Alan was to his left while Sarah was to his right.

 

“What do you think Sarah because I’ve interacted with raptors before and this is not normal,” Robert said to them. Sarah only surveyed the area where the raptors avoid the most before turning towards him.

 

“There must be a bigger predator here that is why they are avoiding the area. I’ve noticed even the trex’s avoid this place as well. It is if there is a much larger predator lurking so if that is the case what do you think Dr. Grant?” Sarah asked him. Alan looked at her as if she was trying to play him for a fool. After all both she and Robert were the actual experts on animal behavior despite Alan’s own degree in animal behavior.

 

 

 

“I don’t think this predator is bigger or else the raptors would have completely avoided it and there would have been bigger prey. I think this is a smaller predator maybe a medium size one that has some sort of advantage over the rexes and the raptors. The raptors avoid this area because the predator that is here might not be as big as the rexes, but they might hunt in packs or they have something such as venom that the others don’t,” Alan replied.

 

Sarah and Robert had both came to the same conclusions as Alan. They were after all the experts when it comes to dealing with dangerous predators. No one said that being a dinosaur ranger was going to be easy. It was a risk they all took when they did their profession. Despite this the rangers took turns keeping a lookout for the predator that would lurk in the trees beyond as well as keep an eye on the raptors that would eventually try to test them.

 

It was with luck that the fences came online to prevent anymore predators from getting into the camp. However all that was about to change when the sun sets.

 

 

LATER THAT NIGHT

 

 

Robert could hear the sounds of something breathing just beyond the trees. How he knows this is because he is on watch with Rexy by his side and she was restless. Despite not being as trained as Rosco it took a lot of work to get her to acknowledge him as a companion. It also took longer to get her to accept humans and not try to eat them...after a few cases of upset stomach that is.

 

In spite of that Rexy has her moments where she exhibits her behaviors just like Rosco. However unlike Rosco she is a bit more nervous when it comes to new environments such as this one. Robert held his rifle out as well as some very bright spotlights shining around them to keep most of the predators out. The herbivores as also showing their nervousness by surrounding the camp like they would do to their own herd. The raptors that they would normally see have long since disappeared meaning that whatever rules this territory is nocturnal.

 

“Do you think it might be Troodons?” asked the person next to Robert. Robert turned his eye towards the man and realized that it was Nick Van Owen. The man he had seen a few times throughout the camps and at the ship. The man he had known for a while was a member of Greenpeace. He had seen him also a few times when reporting for CNN and other news networks on the various wars in Africa. But Robert knew him best as a member for his work for Greenpeace.

 

“I haven’t seen any Troodons since we left Tien with Henry back at the Administration building,” Robert replied. His eyes never leaving the forest line.

 

“So tell me Robert right?” Nick said to him and Robert nodded.

 

“What were you before coming here?” Nick was always the reporter.

 

“I was a game warden in Kenya I and two other rangers who worked together at the Masai Mira National Park. I was born there alongside the many animals there. Hammond found me since I became the best in my job of protecting wildlife from poachers who think they can get away with whatever they wanted.” Robert replied. His voice remained steady as he kept his eyes on the trees.

 

“I see,” Nick said as he looked toward the south of the trees. Then he tapped Robert on the shoulder and pointed towards the tree line.

 

“Watch the trees for a second just out of the spotlights. Do you see them?”

 

 

Robert looked through his binoculars since they were the night vision goggles that he had gotten from the compound. They were not the overly bright ones that Jurassic Park has, but they were military grade. When he zoomed in to where Nick was pointing he could barely make them out. Flashing in and out of the trees their color patterns shifting.

 

“Yeah I see them,” Robert replied. He then hit the button on the radio and made sure his headset was in place.

 

“Tower two this is Tower four we have two unknowns just south of the fence line near to your look out over,” Robert said over his radio. There was nothing but static on the radio before a deep voice answered the radio.

 

We see them just south by southwest at least forty feet from where we are on the tower. They appear to be camouflaged like they have some sort of cloaking on them,” he said and Robert acknowledge the facts. Then he gotten on the radio and signaled for Alan who was at the camp resting to come up.

 

It was within minutes that Alan was on the tower with Robert and Nick.

 

“Ok what is this all about?” Alan asked. He just came up the ladder to see what the other two were discussing. It was confusion as he grabbed the given binoculars and looked in the direction that Robert pointed.

 

“What species you think that is?” he asked Alan. Alan looked into the binoculars and his gasp gave them all away.

 

“Carnotaurus,” he said though Alan found it odd that such dinosaurs were able to camouflage themselves.

 

“How can you tell Dr. Grant?” asked Nick as he looked through the binoculars himself.

 

“The size of the arms match the size of the skeletons. The two horns just above its eye are also a dead giveaway. This dinosaur was believed to be an ambush predator meaning that if you give away the element of surprise it can do anything to you because you can easily get away from it. However the ability to blend in like a chameleon is a different matter. I will have to get on the phone with Henry to see if he can pull up any of the files that the researchers has been done here.” Alan replied as he watched the dinosaurs watch the camp. When he did another sweep he saw another carnotaurus chase after a pack of raptors seemingly coming out of nowhere and even killing two of them before its partner realized that it has made a kill and investigated it. When they started feasting on the raptors it became clear why the raptors attacked the Worker’s Village.

 

“They were protecting themselves from the Carnos,” said Robert noticing the rest of the pack try to get to the village only to become shocked by the fences.

 

“It seems as if we have two problems; one the raptors and two the carnos. It would explain why the rexes are agitated,” said Alan as he observed all three large predators patrolling the village marking their scent everywhere much to the discouragement of a number of staff.

 

“The carno that is what you call them can they break into the facility?” Nick asked them. His eyes never leaving the trees.

 

“It is not the carnos you should be worried about. They will stay away from the fences now because of the Rexes. It is the raptors you should be worried about. They are highly intelligent and if they can figure out a way to get into the facility then we are all dead.” Robert explained to him.

 

“I thought the dinosaurs would protect us?” Nick said to them. Robert turned to glare at him and he shrank back a bit.

 

“They will only protect you so much since they themselves would be protecting both you and themselves from predators or any threats. If the bond is not strong enough then the trust is not there and they will not protect you. For me it took a long time and imprinting them upon birth to build that trust. Your partner and yourself need to have that trust to protect you from danger. The raptors are smart enough to exploit the bond and try to separate you from your partner. You need to trust them.” Alan said to Nick.

 

“But that is the thing I don’t have a dinosaur companion and yet I am training alongside you as if I do have one.” Nick replied to him and as Alan turned the other man only gazed towards the carnos to see that they had disappeared back into the trees.

 

“Well not everyone here has a dinosaur. Look at me I ride Rexy but she is not mine. Well intentionally that is. I hope to make her mine but my eye is more on the raptors. I have worked with them for years but as luck would have it I have to work alongside the rexes in order to work with the raptors. Understanding different predators helps me when doing my job as a game warden in Kenya. So the same could be said here with the dinosaurs here on Isla Sorna.” Robert replied back to him as he handed him his light. Nick was more then happy for the light. A shuffle from above them had them all looking up to see Sarah perched on the antenna, her eyes alert as she watched for threats. The pteranodon was the most comfortable there as it was the highest peak in the whole village. Yet at the same time made an easy get away should danger do fall here.

 

Her chirps alerted them to something.

 

“What is it girl?” Alan said stepping up to the pterosaur. She flapped her wings in warning and Alan knows the signs that something isn’t right. In fact all the dinosaurs are getting agitated.

 

“Wake them up I think something is here,” Alan warned Robert but Robert didn’t wait for Alan before he sounded the alarm.

 

“EYES UP PEOPLE WE MIGHT HAVE INCOMING!” Robert warned and all the rangers instantly gotten on their feet weapons ready as their dinosaurs started forming a protective circle around the humans. The herbivores had their backs to their riders while the carnivores were sniffing the perimeter. Alan, Robert and Nick were watching from the tower.

 

“Tower one do you copy?” Robert said calling out the tower on the far side of the village facing the North.

 

Tower one here, everything is clear,” was the reply from the radio. Robert didn’t hesitate till he called the next tower.

 

“Tower two do you copy!” Robert said into the speaker for the radio.

 

Tower two here, Everything is clear,” was the reply. The voice sounded feminine meaning it was one of the female recruits that are watching the tower.

 

“Tower three do you copy?” Robert asked the tower at first there was nothing then.

 

Tower three here, I spotted three raptors just to the south of me at three o’clock they appear to be heading towards an area of the jungle where I can’t see. Thankfully the fence is visible.” was the reply. At this Robert grew worried along with Alan and Nick. Both the former men knew first hand how intelligent raptors are and are not taking any chances.

 

“Tower four do you copy?” Robert said to the last tower which was located at the western end of the Worker’s Village. There was no sound at the end of line. The only thing that met him was silence.

 

“Tower four? Tower four do you copy?” Robert said to the radio. Again there was nothing but then suddenly there was static and a hoarse whisper came over the radio.

 

Tower four here three raptors just entered the village. They are being followed by to larger animals that suddenly went invisible. I don’t know what the fuck they are but they are huge!” the voice said and it was then that all three of them knew.

 

Robert opened his radio to all frequencies.

 

“WE ARE UNDER ATTACK I REPEAT WE ARE UNDER ATTACK I GOT SIX BOGIES HEADING RIGHT FOR YOU. I WANT DEFENSIVE POSITIONS ON THE DOUBLE PEOPLE!” he bellowed into the radio. His voice broadcast throughout the abandoned village. As people scrambled out of bed, the dinosaurs were already in position. Nico, Spitz and Tank having known this maneuver before with sheep rushed to keep the herd together. Some like the stegosaurs were trying to fight off invisible enemies. The rangers had gotten their guns ready to fight. The Rexes were busy patrolling and took defensive positions in front and behind the group. As they gathered around to fight off their attackers the first sounds of raptors could be heard. They were off to the right.

 

“Remember your training folks this is real. Remember raptors attack from the sides so I want all bases covered. Horace I want you and Philips to cover from the right angles! Martinez you and Twerski take the three o’clock position. I want eyes and guns everywhere!” Robert screamed, but just as he screamed it the sounds of gunfire from far off to the left alerted them to something approaching. Louis and Peeks I want you to cover our base from the six o’clock and Potter and Vorhees I want you to cover the twelve ALRIGHT PEOPLE HERE THEY COME!” Robert shouted and as soon as he said it two raptors came from the left and four from the right.

 

Rexy was the first to engage with one. She grabbed it midair as it came flying towards her. Robert opened fire on another one that tried to get towards Junior. Alan did the same and soon the air was filled with the sounds of guns, roars and bullets hitting the ground. Herbivores were soon ramming at the others with clubs, tails and horns going everywhere. It was chaos as the raptors attacked all around. Alan was on the towers with Sarah. The pterosaur taking to the air in a mad panic. Flying around she gave a warning cry and it was all the warning they needed when Nick open fire on two raptors trying to come up from the ladder. With them dead he started shootingat two others that were coming up from the south side. Suddenly Rosco roared as he charged at something they couldn’t see. It was coming from the East side of the fence.

 

The trio of men were confused until Rosco bit down on something and a screech was heard. Shocked at what they saw a creature suddenly appeared in Rosco’s jaws. This one much bigger then the raptors. Cursing Alan began shouting.

 

THE CARNTAURUS CAN CAMOUFLAGE!” he warned but it was too late for one group. A Stegosaur and his rider were attacked by two that had suddenly appeared. The Carnotarus bit down on the stegosaur’s neck and the stegosaur retaliated by swinging its tail towards the offending Carno. It managed to hit it with its thagomizer. The spikes piercing just barely the backside of the Carnotaurus but it was enough to get the theropod’s attention causing it to let go. When it did the stegosaur did not hesitate to hit it again. Its human partner began to open fire from behind the plates on its back. As the carnotaurus bit down on one of the spikes the person who was on its back a male began to shoot it. The lucky shot got it in the eye causing it to roar in pain. Blood began to ooze down from its face as he swung itself about trying to deal with the pain.

 

It was the opening the stegosaur needed to impale it with the thagomizer. The spines pierced it’s side causing it to fall dead on the ground. Both human and dinosaur roared in victory until another came from the blindside and grabbed the stego again and this time it was not alone. Two raptors also came up form the sides of the animal. Both being smaller managed to get on top of the plates and attack the passenger on the top. When he died he died screaming as the raptors dragged him off and began to tear him apart. The stegosaur tried to protect the human by swinging its tail at them but the carnotaurus held on as another appeared and leaped on it from the darkness of the village. The dying screams of the stegosaurus filled the ears of the others as the carnotaurus pulled the stegosaurus away from them. The man’s remains were cut deep to the bone.

 

Another carnotaurus tried to get at Sarah Harding but she willed her stegosaurus into the herd and the carno was impaled by both a triceratops and Tank who clubbed it away. It was bleeding on the ground where it tried to get up. The only thing that happened afterwards was that it just dropped to the ground and died on the spot.

 

Three more began to pour into the camp but Spitz was able to shoot his venom at a carno before shooting another at an attacking raptor. Since fighting raptors often Spitz is actually faster then many dilophosaurs his size. He was also larger then the raptor making him more leathal. Nico was also larger then the raptors and being a utahraptor he had bulk and stamina as well as speed. His larger size made him more then evenly matched for the carno as he launched himself at one followed by Spitz. The two worked as a team to bring down the carno. When it went down both gave hoots or screeches of triumph.

 

Gunshots rained everywhere as the flesh eaters came again and again hoping to kill off more. But after what seemed like hours when it was only just three. The attack ended with the bright lights of the encampment becoming brighter and the carnos don’t like the light. The raptors however kept attacking until barely any of them survived. Those that were smart enough to run ran. And left the group to themselves once again. The bright lights seemed to keep them out but the damage had been done.

 

Out of all the members of their group five people had been killed alongside their dinosaur partners. The carcasses were there for all to see were stripped to the bone. There was hardly anything left of any humans and dinosaurs. Only the bones that are now food for the flies have been had. But five is better then all of them.

 

“Secure the area and find out where they are coming in. Shoot anything that isn’t ours understood,” Robert shouted and a group of men along with a jeep full of ammo went in the direction the animals came from. It did not take them long before they radioed back. The group that went to secure the area from the western side dispatched. The others followed. The dinosaurs and their handlers were in recovery mode treating their dinosaurs wounds. The Rexes were the least wounded because they fought hard with Rexy sporting some scaring on her right side. Rosco had one or two on his flank but they were not that serious. Junior on the other hand had a few serious wounds on her side and on large one just missing her eye on her face. Luckily enough the person who was her handler at the time tended to her wounds.

 

The herbivores on the other hand had more serious wounds with the death of one triceratops and another had been badly wounded by the raptors. A Stegosaurus also was killed along with their handler but the other ones are fine. One of the ankylosaurs was badly wounded and so it is being treated there. Alan’s dinosaurs were no worse for wear. Nico has a few deep wounds but he seems to be alright. So was Spitz though the new scar that will form along his face makes him more distinct among the other dilophosaurs.

 

Tank was the least wounded having dealt with raptors before. Her club was covered in blood and the bodies of several raptors and two of the carnos were around her. She once again proved her name even with the armored truck behind her and the other two ankylosaurs and stegosaurs that stood with her.

 

Five vehicles were destroyed leaving the group with only ten vehicles out of nearly fifteen in their convoy. All of them were animals that were killed did not bond very well with their rangers. Sarah being the only pterosaur was the only one that was unharmed due to the fact that she was safe high in the air. Nick, Robert and Alan all assessed the damage done by those dinosaurs.

 

“Are you sure you want to help us out Nick? After all this job as you can see is dangerous and the task you were set on doing on the mainland even more so,” Alan jokingly said to him. Though his face was not one to joke. Nick snorted and then nodded,

 

“Oh hell yeah! It is not everyday that one can be the best dinosaur wrangler around. And besides if you have the chance I could use a pterosaur or two for my research into rescuing the three on the mainland,” Nick replied.

 

“Well we’ll see what we can do,” Alan said to Nick.

 

Control! Control this is patrol one come in control?” said a voice and Robert grabbed the radio.

 

“Go ahead patrol one,”

 

Sir we finally have a location where the raptors and the carnos are coming from. It was in the South Western quadrant between towers three and four. There is an underground tunnel that seems to go a ways until you hit a snag someways in. We managed to temporarily secure the hole but we need a more permanent fix. The tunnel itself leads directly towards the another part that is sealed off,” said the patrolman. Robert thanked him before giving instructions.

 

“Alright I will send a team there to secure the hole. In the meantime make sure there are no other animals in the tunnel before heading back. If you can figure out the controls for the tunnel alert me at once before heading back. Remember don’t take any risks we have lost too many good people as it is,” Robert said before hanging up not even waiting for the ‘understood,’ from the other side.

 

He walked a ways from them and sat down on the ledge overlooking the camp. Alan and Nick on either side of him. The carnage was there for all to see.

 


“So what are we going to do now?” Nick ask.

 

First we need to secure this place then finish our task. At least when we get communications back up we can signal for Jose to pick us up safely at the docks. There we can get back to the main compound. When we have a more secure team here we can get this place back up again. This time it will be an outpost for the rangers here. If those tunnels are what I think they are then we might be able to safely get supplies to and from this village. And if that thing is sealed then it was probably sealed to keep the dinosaurs out. We won’t know until we get get a hold of Ray. He might be able to help us better with the layout of the facility,” Robert replied. Nick only nodded before getting up to head back. Alan remained with Robert overlooking the camp. Both men knew what they had gone through to get here. And both knew the risks. At times like these it is hard to even adjust.

 

But now they know that this savage land is as untamed as the original millions of years ago. And it is not going to let anyone tame it.

 

 

TBC

 

Notes:

A/n: Ok I am going to cut this one short before it becomes too long. That is because if I make it longer it will not feel that I wanted for this chapter. Mainly the meeting with the raptors and the carnos. Now why I chose to do this well...it was because of a scene in the Lost World Novel that there was an ambush between some hunters and a group of carnos at the Worker’s Village. I also saw the scene where Ian’s group was attacked by raptors so I wanted in a sense combine that attribute.

Oh and Nick Van Owen is still there.

Yep he is still there. No Sarah Harding is not dead and the group did not make it out totally intact. The aftermath of this will be revealed in the next chapter along with the origins of the cenozoic animals mentioned in a previous chapter. A reviewer mentioned that part to me and your answer will be in the next chapter.

As always until next time Aloha and no FLAMES, BASHINGS AND LORE MONGERS PLEASE!

Notes:

I know the prologue is short but it gets better I promise!