Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Broken Minds, Bruised Scales, Warm Hearts , Part 1 of Scales of Ash and Rime , Part 1 of Broken Raptors Series
Stats:
Published:
2020-07-31
Updated:
2022-09-13
Words:
68,351
Chapters:
24/?
Comments:
134
Kudos:
181
Bookmarks:
24
Hits:
8,431

Broken Raptors

Summary:

E is a young raptor unable to vocally communicate. Driven by isolation, loneliness, and fear, E seeks companionship in a slew of animals. Desperate for acceptance, E finds herself in a constant struggle between lonely, cautious survival, and foolish, desperate acts for a companion.

For E, something is better than nothing.

For the Indoraptor, nothing is better than something.

Will the Indoraptor, mentally and physically scarred, be able to bond with another just as broken, yet so different?

Chapter Text

The soft pattering of feet hitting the warm sands could be heard, E trotting along the shoreline. The lulling sea licked at the sandy shores, water rushing forward and engulfing her clawed feet, before retreating once more. Her killing claws flicked the salty water off, spray briefly being illuminated by the sun's rays.

The red hued animal then slowed her stride, and narrowed her gaze. She spied a clam that had washed ashore, and was attempting to muscle its way back into the sea. E slowly approached, and grasped the shelled creature in her clawed hands. The muscle instantly closed its shell, to which E's serrated teeth scraped against, attempting to break it. Ceasing her trying, the raptor shook the clam harshly up and down within her hold, as if that would magically crack the clam open.

The red raptor released a squeaky huff of breath, and craned her neck to look around. She needed a rock!

The female raptor's search was halted by the sound of a beast landing upon a rocky outcropping above the coasts. It was a beast E was unfamiliar with, for it was large and scaled with leathery wings.

Her head warbled in inspection, killing claws thumping into the sands. Seeing a large predator nearby was making the lone female nervous-even if it was above a rise in elevation, and had a kill-if the scent of blood in the air was any indication.

It was dangerous to be near such a large predator, more so due to her being all alone. But E was also famished, and the opportunity to scavenge a fresh kill was hard to resist...

E looked from the larger, winged predator,then to the clam within her clawed hands, then back to the beast atop the rocky perch. Her weight shifted from side to side whilst she moved, uncertain, thinking, debating.

The clam was dropped into the sands, and E pattered off, seeking a more filling and easy meal.

While hunger was always on her mind, so was worry, and concern.

Fear.

As much as E would like to resume her hunt to fill her belly, she did not feel comfortable being out upon the shore.

In the open.

Where the strange winged creature with a sharp beak could see her.

Where it could hunt her, if it wanted.

The heat of the day was beginning to wear the red raptor down, and it was making her thirsty.

Moving into the shadowed underbrush meant safety. Where she could skulk and move within the shade. Hide. Lay low.

Like a rat to an every stalking cat.

The only problem was, E did not know where the stalking cat was. In her mind-it was everywhere.

The red raptor with a cream underbelly creeped through the dense foliage and dark shadows, returning to a small stream that lazily trickled through the rocks and mud. Her blue eyes focused upon the water, whose gentle current glimmered in the sun's rays. Her pupils were large and dilated, and upon taking that first brave step out of the shadows, and into the light, they were swift to shrink to two, tiny pin pricks.

From that first step into the light-E moved not.

The soft squeaking of her breathing could be heard by her own ears, but her senses were more honed to the environment around her. Senses alert, and muscles tense, E did not move.

She was in a constant state of alertness.

A constant state of danger.

A constant state of paranoia.

Her pupils adjusted to the harsh rays of the sun, blue eyes flicking to the running water-to the sunlit forest, to the darkened shadows surrounding the break in thick brush and light blotting trees. She focused upon the calloused pads of her feet. Feeling for any vibrations of large footsteps shaking the earth. She focused upon her ears. Listening for any angry bellows, heavy breaking or the pounding of footsteps. She focused upon her nares. Smelled for any odor that would indicate the musk of a nearing beast. Smelled for the iron in blood.

Upon feeling the ground begin to quake in a pattern, and hearing the snap of lesser trees and the crushing of brush, E slipped back into the safety of the shadows. Her throat felt as if it tightened, her breathing rasping and high pitched. E's pupils dilated, and her killing claws twitched in nervousness, and anticipation. Her leg muscles tensed and rippled with powerful muscle just underneath crimson scales blotted with healing wounds and dried scabs upon her flanks. Her blue eyes became focused-locked-upon the rustling leaves and branches as a great beast neared.

She could feel the frantic beating of her heart, feel the blood course and pump to her clawed fingers.

Despite her hunger, and her thirst, she was ready to flee.

Flee like a rat from a nearing cat.

A low lying, armored head then popped through the brush on the other side, which was soon followed by a thick, if low slung, armored body upon stout legs.

E instantly fell lax.

She saw this creature before.

They were large, but slow, and heavily armored.

Their tail had a rock on the end.

And E knew that the rock could hit hard.

The red female watched as the armored prey waddled on out from the more dense brush, a path of ruined vegetation in its wake. The armored beast was more content to lazily eat and graze upon several grasses and berries, and seemed to pay E no heed.

But it more than likely didn't even know she was there.

The heavy animal waddled forth, grazing as it went, approaching the stream.

E looked on, scaled hands clenching with debate, head warbling. Was it safe? She supposed it was. After all, it would not eat her, and she could not eat it.

That, and despite the armored prey being different from her-it was at least something that had no intention to eat her.

It was something she could be near.

And being near something was better than being alone.

E then emerged from the brush, though did not stand at her full height. Rather, her posture was one of submission, one of low self esteem, one of insecurity.

One of vulnerability.

E learned that standing upright usually led to her being attacked.

Being targeted.

It was easier to hide this way.

It was easier to be unnoticed.

But hiding was a lot harder when loneliness was too much.

E didn't want to be attacked.

But she didn't want to be lonely, either.

A quiet, yet hoarse rasp escaped the raptor's throat-if only to announce her presence.

The prey with a rock for a tail looked up from its munching to have its beady eyes focus upon the little red predator. Other than a snort, the armored beast didn't appear to care about the pack creature's presence.

It saw her kind before. They were of no threat-even in packs.

Thus, the armored prey was swift to simply ignore E, and went back to the task of grazing, ever nearing the water.

E cocked her head, a soft gurgle escaping her throat. Her head warbled, as if in confusion, before the female decided the creature's indifference was acceptance. Or at least tolerance.

The hoarse dryness of her throat reminded the red predator that water was once again her top concern. Thus, the little beast approached the crick, slow and cautious, at first. Her neck craned and head swiveled, looking around for any encroaching danger. Keeping an eye upon her tolerant companion, if however uneasy. Upon reaching the lazily flowing stream, the beast with a rock for a tail noticed the red raptor closer, and released a harsh snort from its nares, nostrils flaring. One of its stout, front legs pawed at the ground, as if an angry bull, clubbed tail raising.

But it was simply a warning.

A warning to not get closer, as much as her presence was tolerated.

But the warning was enough to have E take a step back, and retreat a bit downstream with a squeak. Upon retreating to a spot she deemed safe, the small predator swiveled her head, looking around once more, before lowering herself to drink, hips raised. E didn't realize how thirsty she was until the water flowed into her mouth. She greedily drank and gorged herself upon the cool water-even when her thirst was long quenched.

She drank not just for her thirst.

But for her hunger.

Because she found that drinking more than enough briefly starved off the piercing pain of her belly being empty.

Because hunting was difficult, when alone.

And everything was worse when she couldn't even call for help, should she need it.

Because even if her kind were around to hear her calls-none would understand the meaning of her distorted pleas.

And that to E was terrifying.

But at least for now, she had companionship, if however tolerated.

Chapter 2

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Acceptance.

Or perhaps tolerance, twisted into the perception of acceptance.

That was what E viewed what the tolerance of the armored beast was.

Ank the Tank did not appear to care that the little raptor was following a bit ways behind him.

Trailing.

Like a chick following its hen.

Though the little raptor dared not get too close to the beast with a rock for a tail-she was always nearby.

Trailing behind the waddling beast, following the broken vegetation in Ank's wake.

After all, Ank was something that accepted her presence-if however tolerated and ignored.

And being accepted-even if twisted by fantasy from its reality-tolerance and indifference-was better than being alone.

Much better.

Because as much as E craved the companionship and socialization of her own kind-she was not welcome.

And her former packmates made that very clear.

They knew she was a weak link.

They knew something was wrong with her.

They knew something was different about her-something flawed-something wrong.

E held the scars riddled upon her scales-upon the back of her head, her flanks, her shoulders. There were scars that marred her scales from viscous teeth and slashing claws. There were dried scabs that itched and flaked and blended into her sanguine scales.

As much as E craved interaction-she could not stay.

It was too dangerous.

She was too different.

Simply because she could not call.

Could not communicate.

Could not socialize with barks and trills and hawk like shrieks.

Could not call for help.

Could not answer mating calls.

At least, not as her other packmates could.

When E attempted to involve herself in communication, in social involvement-the others reacted not in acceptance-in understanding.

They reacted in fear.

In start.

In confusion.

In aggression.

Because when E attempted to call-it was not clear.

It was hoarse, gnarled and twisted.

A parody of the bird like calls other raptors tended to make.

Her tone was not normal.

Her calls were not normal.

Her calls were not understood.

It was painful-being in a group, surrounded by others, yet remaining so isolated.

E's blue eyes flicked and observed every corner, every shadow whilst she followed behind the waddling tank. Her neck craned, head swiveling in a state of alert. Her killing claws flicked, and her clawed hands clenched and unclenched.

Tense.

On edge.

Even while alone, E did not entirely feel isolated.

Not when following Ank, the armored beast stopping in his waddling to lazily graze upon the edge of a field. The prey's little armored head turned to look upon E. Ank snorted, before releasing a grunt of a bellow.

A call directed towards E-at least, that is what the little predator thought-for her armored companion did not stomp his stubby legs in warning, nor did he showcase his tail.

The red raptor warbled her head, and released a hoarse rasp.

An attempt at communication.

An attempt to answer a call she did not understand.

Because it was at least something.

Ank's beady eyes remained locked on the little predator, great weight shifting and his head briefly bobbing as a low rumble escaped him.

E was ecstatic!

She was communicating!

Even though both did not understand what the other was saying!

It was still something.

Because something was better than nothing.

The water was still in her belly, and thus, starved off the raptor's hunger.

Thus, E felt comfortable enough to lay down, and begin to pick at her scabs.

Afterall, what better companion to ward off predators?

Being near such armored prey would give any hunter pause-even if they attempted to make E their meal. She could flee, and Ank would give them pause.

Because E knew that rock hit hard.

And she knew that that rock could kill.

As E preened her scales and picked upon her itchy scabs, she briefly refocused upon Ank. Her head warbled in thought, observation, and wonder.

She wondered if her armored companion attempted to communicate with her because he was lonely, too?

Knew the pains of isolation.

Knew the pains of being alone?

E knew that pain well.

And her new friend did not appear to care she was traveling with him.

Acceptance-or tolerance-indifference-E was unsure as to why her the large creature was allowing her to follow.

Whatever the case, E was content for now, for the first time in a long time.

The female raptor then returned back to her preening, and her nipping.

The biting.

The scratching.

To say that all the wounds upon her scales were caused by her former pack members would be a lie. Some of them-E had caused and done to herself.

It was a response to overwhelming stress.

A desperate attempt to cope with declining mental health.

A desperate attempt to cope with the crushing anxiety and depression of loneliness.

And in E's mind, Ank was the closest thing to a pack she had.

She had no intentions of leaving her armored friend.

Because if she left, it may as well have been the same thing as dying.

E's head snapped upon hearing something-the rustling of leaves-the quiet squeaking of tiny creatures-burrowing within the earth and rooting around in the grasses.

The red raptor rose to her feet, muscles tense and senses sharp.

She move-slowly, every so slowly and carefully. Pausing, then moving, slowly, gently, towards the noises. Her clawed fingers clenched, and then became poised, killing claws raised as her feet pressed flush to the earth, attempting to feel any movement within the ground.

Stillness.

Calculation.

And then a feline leap.

E sprung forth, and punched one of her killing claws into the earth-into one of the tunneling burrows.

Muscles rippling, her submerged leg was retracted from the damp earth and ruined grasses.

The small, twitching body of a rodent was impaled upon her talon.

A small kill, but a kill, none the less.

And a kill E was eager to snatch up within her jaws, and swallow whole.

Ank had been watching the small predator in curiosity, half chewed cud sticking out of his grinding mouth. The animal snorted, before resuming his grazing.

Indifferent.

Uncaring.

For the first time, in a long time, E was content.

Food was in her belly-no matter how small.

Companionship was had-no matter how tolerated.

Because something was better than nothing.


The Indoraptor remembered the blue one well.

She was there one second, and attacking the next.

As far as the onxy and gold hued beast was concerned, she was a threat.

Everything was a threat.

All of the measly, two legged creatures with their sticks that shocked and little objects that made loud noises and hurt his armored hide.

All of the beasts he had encountered-big and small-were a threat.

An animal created for death-and death-he was bringing.

Feral, savage energy from being locked away in a tiny cage manifested into mindless rage and violence.

A broken mind that was unfamiliar with mercy, and peace.

A broken mind that was only focused upon hunting, and killing.

A fearful mind, focused upon survival.

Because everything was a danger.

Everything was a threat.

And if everything was a threat, everything needed to die.

To be killed, before they hurt him.

His mind was broken, and twisted.

Because his mind carried scars that ran deeper than the scars of abuse upon his body.

The wounds upon his body could heal, and scar.

But the mind held invisible wounds.

And they ran deep.

The Indoraptor twisted himself out of the impaling path of the horns days ago.

It was luck that he landed between them, unharmed.

But now his broken mind was fixed upon one thing.

Hunting down the blue one.

Hunting down the threat.

Killing anything he ran across out of fear, for his did not understand what they were.

It was made worse that he did not even understand himself.

All their calls were different from his own.

They all meant nothing.

Bu their bodies said everything.

Every tense of the muscles, the resistance as he grappled and overpowered his prey. The postures of aggression, of threat.

They all needed to be destroyed before they hurt him.

But hunting down the threat-the grey and blue one-and attacking any unfortunate beast he met within his path, was tiring.

Exhausting.

His muscles were burning, and the blood upon his black and gold scales were drying, becoming uncomfortable, as if a second skin.

It came to the point where the Indoraptor was forced to rest-and vomited form the strain upon his body.

Still, even when resting, the Indoraptor could not bring himself to relax.

He was alone, in a foreign land with foreign creatures.

A broken mind, perverted and manifesting paranoid dangers.

Focusing to clean the blood from his black claws, golden eyes alert-he found solace in one thing.

He was alone.

Which meant that for now, he was safe.

Safe, and alone, outside of the monsters in the creeping, stalking shadows.

Because nothing was better than something.

Notes:

I probably should have portrayed the Indoraptor as more sadistic than fearful, but oh, wells. :P

Chapter Text

The shrill, panicked bleating of a deer rang through the dense forests of California. The deer bleated in fear, and panic, its lanky legs shaking and trembling as it attempted to rise-to drag its broken body ever forward.

Ever forward, ever desperate, to escape the awaiting jaws which watched the animals' hapless struggles with golden eyes alight with malice.

The hard, black hooves pounded at the leaf laden ground, front leg muscles rippling and straining to drag itself ever forward and onward.

The tendons upon its back legs were severed, and ruined by black talons.

Ever forward, never backwards.

Ever forward, inch by painful inch, desperate to escape the onyx and gold beast that skulked and circled, as if a shark smelling the faintest drop of blood.

Ever forward, ever onward, to hang onto the thin string of life just a few precious seconds more.

Just a little longer to fight to cling to life.

To delay the bitter end.

And it was this display that the Indoraptor enjoyed, creeping and crawling slowly behind his hapless quarry, golden eyes glinting with a sheen of ill intent.

Slowly did his clawed hands dig into the ground, swiftly did his killing claws thump and stab into the ground. Slow, to build the coming terror and anticipation. Swift, for the precise stabbing of the earth resounded, and caused his prey to twitch and writhe and struggle in new start.

A serpentine hiss escaped the Indoraptor akin to a riveting chuckle, his scaled maw twitching upward into a gnarled, shark like grin.

There was power in being able to instill fear within his prey.

A sense of being in control.

A sense of sadism.

A sense of domination.

Like with the human that was foolish enough to enter his cage.

Like with the little girl that he stalked and toiled after.

They felt like he felt.

Being stuck in a cage too tiny for him.

Being poked and prodded with sharp metal and electric poles.

Being in a state of terror, of fear.

The fear was always there, deep down.

It made him unable to relax.

Unable to release.

Unable to unwind.

Fear drove his rage.

Fear drove his aggression.

But fear also drove his sadism.

It also drove his desire for others to feel as he felt.

Helpless.

Defenseless.

Broken.

Damaged.

Fear made him.

Pain made him.

Survival made him.

It was an instinct.

To hunt.

To kill.

To toil and till through the flesh with claw and teeth, slowly, ever slowly.

To be in control.

To be dominant.

To be...something, in the alone-ness.

To be something in the nothing.

The only thing the Indoraptor disliked about being alone in the nothing, was that there was no fear to inflict in the something.

But the Indoraptor supposed that was a small price to pay.

After all, being something in the nothing, was better than nothing in the something.

Because being alone meant no one could hurt him, could trap him, could make him fear.

And not being alone?

That meant he could be hurt.

He could fear.

It was something the Indoraptor did not like.

After all, even the little grey one attacked him with such zeal.

The humans attacked him.

The grey one attacked him.

Everything attacked him.

Perhaps if things had been different, the Indoraptor would not have been so quick to strike.

But then again, the little grey one attacked first.

And the Indoraptor was adamant to resume the hunt, and eliminate the threat.

He just needed to find her.

For now, he could take out his little fantasies upon his hapless, bleating prey.

Yes, he could do that.

For now.


Ank the Tank had grown accustomed to his little raptor tag along.

After all, the little predator did not attempt to harm him-not that she could, but she did little to hinder his lifestyle by following him.

After all, Ank did not mind being alone and solitary without his kind nearby, and was quite content to just lazily waddle around, endlessly searching for food and drink. Mainly food.

And wherever Ank was, E was not far behind, skittering in the shadows and foliage, weaving through the redwoods. While her coloration was not the most opportune for hunting, E was at least somewhat aided by the rustic hue of the massive trees.

The little raptor appeared to gain at least some confidence whilst being in Ank's presence. The red raptor was more bold, and would remain out in the open longer-if ever alert, neck craning and head swiveling.

When the pair did attempt communication, it was generally in the form of a grunt, or a snort, or a low bellow from Ank, and a hoarse rasp or high pitched squeak from E.

And that was the extent of their communication.

But it was communication, none the less.

Several times did E attempt to approach Ank-to physically rub up against and nuzzle and preen.

It was an act Ank did not entirely care for, and a snort, followed by a stomp of a stout leg, was generally enough to scare the odd predator away.

Though this time, Ank the Tank was caught off guard, the armored beast having bedded down within the grasses, curled within a ball to sleep. The great beast snored with the fury of a volcano erupting, burly chest expanding with each deep breath.

E took this moment of weakness as an opportunity, and carefully, cautiously, gently, climbed upon the armored prey, and stood atop her packmate. The red and cream colored raptor stilled upon getting a foundation upon Ank's thick, calloused armor, her clawed feet tense to get a stable, yet careful grip. A high pitched, yet quiet squeak escaped the raptor in start as Ank shifted in his sleep, the small predator briefly losing balance, arms flailing, as if a bird attempting to right itself.

Upon stabilizing, E looked down upon her plant eating packmate, nares flaring, blue eyes locked in careful observation, pupils dilated. She remained atop Ank, careful to notice any signs of her sleeping companion becoming awake. The armored beasts' snores rang and echoed loud, putting E in a state of ease.

As least she knew the breathing pattern that indicated Ank was asleep.

E then craned her neck low, hips raised and tail flicking slightly. The red raptor proceeded to slowly, carefully, preen the armored beast's calloused and thick hide, serrated teeth nipping and pecking, as if a bird picking from a crocodile's gaping maw.

Though E's pecking and nipping was more focused upon any parasites that decided to feed off of Ank, cleaning his hide of any dirt and grime and grass that clung to him.

A small meal, a thorough cleaning, and an attempt to form a strong rapport.

It was an act in an attempt to bond.

To connect.

To socialize.

To interact.

The raptors within E's former pack would preen to bond.

Preen to build trust.

Preen to show care.

Preen to demonstrate companionship.

But a social pariah such as E did not receive such acts of fellowship.

E just received angry pecks and nips.

A sudden shift in Ank's breathing, and the beast underneath stirred, awakened by the feeling of pricks and nips tickling his calloused armor. Ank's beady eyes opened awake, and his snoring ceased into a rousing snort, a snot bubble forming and popping from his flaring nares.

A low bellow of confusion rang forth from the stout animal, short neck craning to try and get a better look at what was upon his calloused back whilst he rose to his feet. E produced a rasp in start, arms flailing.

The noise of the familiar little beast caused Ank to shift and twist himself, attempting to see the red raptor still atop.

E then leapt from her ride, hitting and ground and hopping a bit further, twisting herself to face the armored prey.

The red raptor looked upon her packmate, alert yet cautious.

Ank released a snort towards the little predator, body shaking and feet stomping. However, the great beast merely waddled himself around in a circle, before settling back down again in a deep huff of breath, and the quake of the ground.

E looked upon the sleepy animal, body falling more lax than it previously was.

She stayed still for quite some time, before slowly approaching her companion once more.

It was not long before E was upon her packmate's back once more, preening.

Ank decided his little tag along had a use after all.

Tickling aside, a little preening may as well have been having a massage.

And for E, she was happy with their bonding experience.

That, and being atop such a beast was like being atop a hill.

In that moment, she felt safe.


Feeling safe was good.

But hunger was always there.

And hunger was the driving force that separated E from Ank.

Feeding upon parasites and mice and birds and lizards was only enough to satisfy her stomach for so long.

It meant E was always looking for her next meal.

Always hungry.

Always opportunistic.

Always observant, yet curious, and cautious.

E was forced to part ways from her waddling packmate to try and hunt for larger, more filling prey.

Prey that she more often than not scavenged upon, searching and circling and nearing using her senses.

And more often than not, it was her sense of smell that led her to kills.

This time, it was no different.

The scent of blood was rich within the air, after all.

And it led to the body of a deer, mangled by powerful, crushing jaws and lacerated with sharp talons.

The female raptor did not move from her hiding place within the foliage, blue eyes sharp and alert, scanning for any nearby predators.

Or, more specifically, the predator that made the kill.

It's scent was stronger now-stronger than the scent of blood.

But what it was? She could not tell.

It did not smell like any of the prey and predator animals she smelt before.

It's scent was different.

E's hesitance to approached the kill was awarded, by perhaps a sparing of her life, for the creature made its way back towards the mangled meal, jaws dripping with crystalline water water from a nearby stream.

The sight of the strange beast made E press her cream stomach flush to the ground, leg muscles tensing in preparation to flee. But also to make herself seem smaller. Less noticeable in the shadows.

E never saw a predator such as this one.

This predator that looked like her kind, but not.

This predator that crawled and skulked upon the ground, head low and hips high, black scales with golden stripes-which was only outshined by the flickering gold of its irises, pupils thin and sharp.

The black beast sported quills upon its head, and its back appeared to be course and armored, like E's packmate.

It looked like her.

But not.

It was something different.

Something bigger.

Something foreign.

Something scary.

E's blue eyes remained fixed upon the odd creature before her, her heart thumping wildly within her chest in a growing terror, pupils large and killing claws flicking.

E was so transfixed upon the black and gold beast before her, that she did not realize the stress of her situation constricted her throat, and caused her breathing to squeak and hiss.

She female only realized the noisiness of her own breathing when the beast looked upon her direction.

Upon seeing E, hiding in the shadows, the Indoraptor's scaled maw twitched upward into a gnarled, twisted grin with jagged, broken teeth.

Chapter 4

Notes:

This chapter became a complete 180 to what I thought it would be. Yay? :D

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

E dared not move. Not when the large, onyx and gold hued beast looked upon her-passed the leaves of her hiding spot-passed the protection of the shadows-and directly at her. A guttural hiss escaped the Indoraptor's jagged jaws with heated breath, his nares flaring. The large beast skulked and crawled and creeped upon the ground, golden eyes glimmering within intelligence, yet contained excitement as his serpentine pupils narrowed into twin knives. The Indoraptor moved slowly, black arms stretching lazily, carefully to prolong the ever building terror of his prey-E's breath increasing into shrill squeaks against her will.

The red raptor could not move-did not dare to move-in the sanctity of her hidden dwelling. Her blue eyes failed to blink, scaled eyelids peeled back wide, circular pupils large and dilated. Her white cream belly was smeared with dry leaves and brown dirt as she sought to further press herself into the ground.

To become small.

To become hidden.

To become unnoticeable.

The encroaching horror that slowly approached-flexing its black talons and flashing its jagged, broken teeth-made E freeze.

She had never seen such a creature before.

A creature that looked like her kind, but not.

She could hear the heavy, guttural breathing of the dark beast, powerful muscles rippling under his black scales. She saw the sheen in its predatory gaze, glazed over in a haze.

As the beast neared her hiding spot-just outside the sanctuary of her tiny thicket-E also noticed the wounds the creature had. She saw what looked like teeth and claw marks upon its hide, and saw other wounds that she was not sure what beasts made them. Where the scales were scarred and rippled, as if burned with fire, or something hot.

Briefly, E wondered if this creature was like her.

A social pariah-attacked by its own kind and left to wonder alone.

But that thought was broken when E saw the creature-looking right at her.

Through the shadows.

Through the twigs and the leaves.

It's head was massive, and she could see scraps of flesh still wedged between its jutting teeth, glistening under a film of saliva.

Sharp, jagged teeth, ready to crush and harm.

The Indoraptor's nares flared, his muscular chest expanding as he inhaled the scent of the small creature.

Inhaling the scent of prey.

She saw his eyes-golden like the sun, pupils sharp and narrowed into thin slits. Beautiful, in all its predatory horror.

Eyes looking upon weakened prey.

The Indoraptor's eyes looked upon the little red raptor.

This red one was like the blue one.

But the blue one was different.

The blue one attacked right after seeing him.

This red one cowers.

This red one does not try to fight.

This red one does not try to flee.

This red one just cowers, as if prey accepting its miserable fate.

It was a mix of stimuli to the larger raptor.

It was an action of curiosity, but also one of sadism.

Curiosity, because the red and white colored raptor was not acting the same as others before have acted.

Sadism, because she was submitting in fear, terror, and dread.

He had control.

He had complete control.

Through the leaves, and the branches, and the shadows, the male raptor could see her muscles shaking and trembling under her scales, black claws tilling into the earth. Digging into the foundation that his terrified quarry could control.

Something that E could take power in, shaping the earth and upturning the earth, attempting to relieve her nervous energy that was building. The tightness of her throat remained, causing the noisy, whistling of breath to remain, rapid and unsteady.

The Indoraptor cocked his head in confusion, a quiet chitter escaping his vivid throat, killing claws twitching and flicking, tail swaying. He never heard his smaller counterparts make such noises. The blue one made loud, shrill shrieks. Perhaps she was attempting to communicate?

A new form of curiosity grew within the savage predator, and it was something that E barely registered amidst her horror.

She was not being attacked.

Yet.

Perhaps the strange creature had no intent of attacking?

Still, E did not want to move, to make herself seem more assertive or challenging to the creature.

She recognized the noise he made-the series of soft, flittering clicks that her kind often used.

A noise E could not make easily.

Perhaps he was attempting to communicate?

E's eyes refocused upon the larger predator, just outside of her hiding place.

Her head warbled in confusion, as if attempting to better understand this strange animal. A quiet rasp escaped her throat, which ended with a whistling squeak.

The Indoraptor only further cocked his head to the side, before tilting his head opposite. Once more, a confused chitter escaped him, and his neck craned backwards slightly, head rising, golden eyes flicking and inspecting.

The red one did not sound like the blue one.

A low, short bellow escaped the onyx and gold raptor, more akin a to bark than an actual roar.

The noise made E cock her head in confusion.

The raptor sounded like her kin, but at the same time, it didn't.

Its noise was different.

Its calls were different.

It was like her.

He was like her.

But even if E felt some sense of companionship with this odd raptor, she did not bother to move.

Did not bother to challenge.

Did not bother to break her posture.

Did not bother to risk the all too familiar treatment of teeth and claw.

Perhaps it may have been better to simply attempt to flee?

To flee back to her armored companion?

But the larger raptor was already upon her.

E did not think she would be able to outrun the beast.

And she was also sure that the creature would have attacked by now.

If it-he still planned to attack her, why did he not?

Perhaps the slightest posture of challenge would trigger him?

If so, E did not want to risk it.

She would rather try to avoid being a threat, than risk running and being seen as prey.

It was then that the larger head of the male broke through the safety of the thicket, lean neck stretching forward. A low rumble escaped his gullet, golden eyes once more focusing upon E. The black quills upon his head rose and stood erect ever so slightly.

His large head neared E's more slender, smaller snout. She could feel his predatory eyes rove and inspect, more of her trembling body exposed as the leaves and branches gave way to the male's larger form.

The swift, high pitched breathing of the smaller female returned, and she could smell the scent of a recent kill wafting upon his heated, forceful breath.

Her blue eyes, pupils large and shining with terror, were solely focused upon the black male's jagged, broken teeth and gaping jaws.

His menacing teeth, and then a black talon upon a muscular and quilled arm, which rose and slowly neared.

Nearer.

Nearer, ever nearer.

E could almost see her own reflection in the blackness of the claws, the Indoraptor's fingers curling and flexing, moving to touch.

Or moving to harm.

E's red scaled eye lids closed tight as the precise tips of the claws neared her snout.

The muscular arm reached, up and over, passed her snout and up towards the crown of her scaled head.

The claws touched the crown of her head, inspecting and feeling, pulling backwards and running along her smooth scales, her scars and jagged, dried scabs.

E opened her eyes, a squeak of a chirp escaping her, blue eyes flicking to the investigating animal.

She didn't understand.

What was happening?

Why were the claws gentle?

Why were they not digging into her scales and causing pain?

As swiftly as the claws came, they were retracted.

The Indoraptor's nares flared, killing claws twitching. A low rumble escaped him, and his neck craned sideways to get a better view upon her healing wounds.

He felt them with his claws.

She had wounds and scars upon her body that were not made from other predators-not made to kill.

Her wounds were made to harm, yet keep alive.

To bring pain, but not kill.

To scare.

To keep down.

To control.

The Indoraptor now knew, that she was just like him.

A thing, to poke and prod and scare.

A thing that knew pain.

A thing that knew fear.

The only difference was, this little red one was broken.

Made weak by pain.

He was made strong by pain.

She avoided pain.

He made pain.

The onyx and gold beast produced a low hiss, and then slowly began to back away, curiosity sated.

As the large beast began to skulk away, and return towards the kill, E began to calm-somewhat.

E was unsure as to what happened, but she was alive.

And being alive was better than nothing.

For now, she decided to remain within her obvious hiding spot, and scavenge when the male was done feeding.

Notes:

Yay for parallels!

I do plan for Blue to come in, but I'm unsure if she would be an antagonist (since the Indoraptor clearly does not like her), a pack member, or even a potential mate to the Indoraptor, and thus a romantic rival to E.

Or Blue might just integrate into E's former pack.

Who knows?

I don't.

Thank you for reading and supporting! Not sure when I'll update.

Chapter 5

Notes:

Warning!: Hinted rape.

I didn't feel like upping the rating to Mature (yet), so it's implied/hinted.

I was going to write this chapter about E and the Indoraptor and/or Ank, but it became about Blue and E's former pack.

As it stands, I own all these shitty animal characters except for Blue and the Indoraptor.

The main song I listened to whilst writing this chapter was Every Breath You Take by The Police (Cover by Chase Holfelder).

Chapter Text

Blue was accustomed to being alone. All those years on the island without her sisters conditioned her to be more ruthless, more competitive, and more aggressive in order to survive. Because showing weakness was as good as being dead.

Aggression to mask weakness.

Aggression to mask fear.

Aggression sprung from desperation, and the will to survive.

Aggression sprung from defensiveness, and the will to protect.

From being alone for so long, Blue forgot how to socialize.

The grey and blue striped raptor forgot what it was like to be in a group to survive.

She forgot what it was like to be in a group that was no family.

That was not her sisters.

That was not her human alpha.

This raptor that she saw was different.

He smelled different.

He carried the scents of strangers.

He looked upon her with interest, and curiosity.

A fleeting moment of weakness in his observation.

It was enough for Blue to strike.

A moment was all she needed.

In all her desperation and loneliness, Blue forgot.

She forgot how to be what she once was.

She was no longer an animal that relied upon a pack.

She was an apex predator.

In the moment the green raptor took to study the female newcomer, was the exact same moment Blue used to shriek in rage, and leap upon her target, killing claws poised.

Bravo did not expect such aggression from a female outsider, and thus was not anticipating an attack. The green scaled male was knocked to the ground, feeling one of Blue's killing claw jab deep into his thigh. A shriek of pain was severed by Blue's jaws snapping his maw shut, her muscles straining and tensing as she worked on ripping her embedded claw from his damaged flesh.

The male raptor flailed and struggled, the legs unable to twist and properly get at his attacker. A rush of blood gushed from his nares and flooded his throat-Blue's jaws clamping down with such force, Bravo's sinuses were crushed. A spray of liquid sanguine spritzed from his damaged nostrils and spouted passed his scaled lips, his calls for aid distorted and hampered.

A sudden, forceful slash of Bravo's taloned hands to Blue's face was enough to make the female let go. The grey and blue striped raptor released a shriek in pain, golden eye and a side of her scaled head sporting deep lacerations, warm blood running from her wound. The clamping of powerful jaws upon one of her hands was enough to send Blue's cries of pain into a whole nother octave.

The female shrieked shrilly, and soon found herself twisting and turning against the green male's rising body.

As the male rose, the female fell, Blue now upon her back, powerful hind legs tensing and slashing to guard herself. It was a guard the male knew how to break-for Bravo made sure to position himself so Blue's legs could be pinned, and rendered hapless. Knowing how to break guard was useful, if one knew how. Successfully executing such breaks, however, was rather difficult for the male due to his already injured leg.

Though Blue was lacking muscle mass due to lack of food, she was still powerful, and not one to be pushed around.

The attempts to break her guard failed as her struggles and thrashing sent the larger male off balance-and it was an opportunity that Blue took to her advantage.

Her taloned toes gripped the rival male's leg's, and with a powerful twist of her hips and kick of her legs-Bravo was thrown off to the side in a shriek, and was flung to the ground. The grey and blue striped female used the inertia of her movement to roll onto her belly, and hoist herself to her clawed feet, golden eyes sharp and teeth bared in a shrill scream.

A hoarse, strained hiss ruptured from Bravo's throat, saliva spraying as he spat towards the female in warning. The green male struggled to rise with his injury, and extended his taloned claws and powerful legs from his side lying position. He was vulnerable.

And she knew it.

Years of being alone taught Blue many things.

It taught her how to be aggressive.

Independent.

Survival.

But in learning to rely upon herself, being alone, Blue forgot many things.

She forgot that the attack would not come from the front.

But from the side.

She would have killed him.

She would have pounced.

She would have cut open his underbelly with a single slice of her killing claw.

She would have fed upon his intestines while he was still alive.

But she didn't.

Because Blue was so focused upon the raptor in front of her, she did not notice the raptor coming from the side.

Blue would have rasped in start had the breath not been knocked out of her, the female roughly falling to the ground, scales bruising as they brushed against harsh gravel and sharp rock. A weight was upon her, and the sharp pain of a taloned foot was upon her scaled neck, pinning her down.

Blue's eyes opened wide, pupils dilating in sudden terror and flicking, attempting to see the second raptor that was upon her. The female attempted to twist and turn her body, muscles straining. She attempted to fight. She attempted to rise. Her fear carried her forward, ever onward, governed by the beating of her panicked heart.

Another male raptor was upon Blue, scales a rustic hue, a mix of earth and sanguine. His golden eyes met her own, his circular pupils shrinking and collapsing into small pin pricks. Blue could see her own reflection in his eyes. She could see her own fear.

And she could see the sadistic malice that gleamed within his own, reflecting her fear.

Bravo rose to his feet, breath hitching slightly from the pain within his leg. He now sported an injured limp. Shaking himself, Bravo then turned his gaze towards the strange female, and Rust-the pack alpha. The green male's attention was refocused to two other raptors approaching, chittering among themselves, wary and alert.

One was white.

The other was grey.

Winter and Storm.

Brother and sister, always together and never apart.

Winter warbled her head, a quiet chitter escaping her in confusion. Her brother cocked his head, curious about the new comer, yet dared not approach.

After all, the new female harmed one of their own, and Rust was currently dealing with her.

No one challenged Rust.

No one.

Bravo looked upon Blue, nares flaring and clawed fingers clenching and unclenching. He was curious of this female, but like the others, did not bother to approach.

Did not bother to challenge their alpha.

Because no one wanted to be the next target.

No one wanted to be the next E.

The play thing to the alpha.

Blue was terrified.

She was so used to being alone, she almost forgot what it meant to be with others of her kind.

She missed her sisters.

She was never scared with her sisters.

But being with a bunch of strangers?

That was scary.

And being the outsider of a pack?

Blue was not used to that.

She was not used to any of this.

Blue's golden eyes briefly flicked to the others-the others of her kind. A rasp escaped her. A desperate call, a pleading call.

Because she forgot how to call for help.

She was too scared to remember.

All three of the pack members looked upon her.

All three moved not.

Blue then felt male's weight shift upon her, and hold her down.

He began to mount her.

The grey and blue striped female's heart pounded frantically within her chest, chest heaving and breath quivering.

She then remembered through the fear.

She remembered how to call-plead-for help.

In a desperate, shrill, hoarse call, Blue cried out.

Cried out for help.

Cried out for aid.

Cried out for her sisters.

Help never came.

Aid never arrived.

Her sisters did not come, as much as she envisioned they would.

The three just turned away, and carried out their business.


Everything was a blur to Blue afterwards. The chittering and social calls of the pack blurred and merged into inaudible noises within her ears. Her mind was in a haze, and everything just didn't feel real.

As if she was not here, in this situation.

Surrounded by a pack of strangers that had no qualms with harming her.

The grey and blue striped female did not bother to rise from her position upon the ground, fearing it would draw attention from Rust.

The earthen red hued male was brutal in their forced copulation. Blue sported wounds from his teeth biting into her neck and clamping her jaws shut, attempting to make the female cease her pleas. She had scratches upon her shoulders and flanks. But the pain felt worse between her legs. As hard as Blue attempted to shift, and rise when she was sure the alpha male was not looking, she struggled. It felt like something was broken inside.

Blue was hurt, and she was scared.

And despite her terror, Blue decided to do nothing.

As much as she wanted to call for her sisters, they were not going to come.

She could call them as much as she wanted.

They would never come.

And the others would not help.

They would just turn away again.

For now, the pack seemed to accept the newcomer's presence, or at least tolerate her. Blue was quite lucky she was not killed.

All things considered, it could have been much worse.

There was then movement from the pack, a new surge of energy, beckoned by the call of Rust. The pack was leaving to hunt.

Storm and Winter answered their alpha's call, and began to follow the larger male, scampering off into the woods. Bravo did not leave. He could not-not with the injuries Blue gave him.

He would only be a hindrance.

Blue would not be the only one that would go without a meal for the time being.


The time the pack was gone seemed to drag on longer and longer. Blue did not bother to rise. She did not bother to look upon the green male whose forest scales were accented with gold. She did nothing, except tend to her wounds.

Bravo chose not to look upon the blue striped female, a clawed hand pawing at his snout, as if attempting to wipe the pain away. Droplets of blood lay upon the ground where he spit up the liquid, which ran from his nose and down his throat. At least for now the bleeding seemed to stop.

The green male's curiosity, however, got the better of him, his scaled neck craning and head swiveling towards the strange female. Bravo's head warbled, a quiet chitter of thought escaped the male. Though the female may have attacked and injured him so, he was still interested in Blue.

Where did she come from?

Where was her pack?

Why did she attack him?

The female that was so ruthless from before-now seemed broken. Fearful. Hopeless.

Like prey trapped in a predator's nest.

Bravo assumed that was how the new female felt. Alone, surrounded by strangers. Alone, not knowing who to trust.

Perhaps she was Rust's mate now? Or perhaps the alpha was just using the female? Breaking her spirit? Letting her know who was truly in charge? Bravo did not know. He just knew to never challenge Rust.

After all, it was not his place to go against the alpha. Not when other members of the pack could turn upon him as well.

Things could have gotten a lot uglier than they did with the blue striped female.

Very. Ugly.

Despite the wounds she gave him, Bravo did not hold any grudges towards the newcomer.

He was far too curious, after all, and the female was far too interesting.

Thus, the silence between the pair was broken by Bravo, the green male accented with golden scales producing a rasp to get Blue's attention-however nasally. The male's call was distorted due to his crushed nares, but even so, he decided it best to attempt to form a rapport with this new female.

Because a raptor couldn't have too many friends, right?

Bravo waited for a response, a quiet chitter escaping him from his position upon the ground.

Blue did not answer him.

She did not even look upon him.

Her golden eyes were adverted, posture wooden, as if she were fearful of the strange noise that was coming out of the green male, or fearing of an attack.

Bravo's killing claws twitched, and his head cocked to the right in thought. A second call in greeting escaped him, just as nasally and hoarse as before.

This time, Blue craned her neck, uninjured eye facing towards the forest hued male. Her pupils were dilated, her injured eye red and swollen from Bravo's claws. The bite marks upon her snout and jaw were vibrant against her dull scales. Her amber hued eyes flicked, looking upon Bravo, studying his posture for any sign of ill intent. Rather than looking tense and ready to fight, Bravo appeared lax and calm, chest heaving with even breath.

The green raptor's eyes lit up upon having Blue look in his direction. A glimmer of hope, perhaps? Upon getting the blue striped sister's attention, Bravo released a series of friendly clicks, tail swaying ever so gently against the ground.

Blue cocked her head, a confused, quiet chitter escaping her. A noise she had not made in quite a long time. She did not understand. Why was this male not attempting to harm her, after what she did to him? If he sought a new companion, why did he stand idol whilst she was forced to mate with the larger male?

Anger flared at the recollection, and Blue peeled her scaled lips back into a snarl, teeth bared in threat. But as soon as the anger appeared, it fled, and gave way to fear. Fear of what happened before would happen again. Blue then ceased the baring of her teeth, scaled lips pressing shut, a concerned rumble riveting from her throat. Her body began to shrink, limbs folding under her body.

She was not looking for a fight.

She did not want to be hurt again.

Bravo cocked his head to the left, a series of confused clicks trickling from his scaled maw. A clawed hand idly pawed at his injured snout once more, pupils briefly dilating. A rasp escaped Bravo, and a chortle of questioning chitters escaped him. A noise of confusion. A noise of interest. A noise of concern.

Blue's golden eyes remained locked upon the green male's form, grey scaled head warbling in thought. Debating, questioning his intentions. Then, for the first time in a long time, Blue produced a noise that was not made in threat, or anger, or fear in the presence of a threat.

She answered Bravo's questioning chitter with a soft trill of her own, which ended with a pattern of clicks of the tongue.

For the first time in a long time, Blue produced a noise that was made for a companion, and a potential friend.

She forgot how good it felt to be able to communicate with another.


When the siblings and alpha finally returned, no food was brought to the injured pair.

There would be no mercy for those who could not provide for themselves.

Not with Rust around.

This was made evident by Bravo having caught a slow moving lizard as a meal, impaled upon his killing claw.

Rust stole the kill right off his pack member's claw, and devoured the small morsel for himself.

The health of the pack did not matter so long as Rust was fed.

They were all just his play things.

He just needed an excuse.


The next day the pack went out to hunt, Bravo left as well. Despite his injury, the male needed to ensure he ate, lest he became weaker.

The green male produced a trill for Blue to come, to follow, to join in the hunt.

She did not move.

Bravo waited as the pack moved on beyond the nesting site, and produced another call to beckon the female to join.

Once more, Blue did not get up. The blue striped sister did not feel as if she were a part of the pack.

She did not feel comfortable, nor safe. Not with the alpha nearby.

Bravo waited, until he decided he could not wait no more. The green raptor with golden accents left to join the hunt, leaving Blue alone once more.

Blue found that as much as she missed being apart of the pack, she missed being alone.

At least in being alone, it meant she was safe from being hurt.

Being in a pack so different made Blue miss her sisters.


The pack returned later in the day, returning with the spoils of raiding the nest of prey. The eggs were large, and were sure to be a hearty meal. If Blue had to guess, they were from one of the larger prey beasts with frills and horns.

Each raptor came with two eggs-one held within the jaws, the other held within the claws. And each guarded their prizes with greed.

Winter and Storm trotted off, and settled down near the base of a tree with soft bedding to feed. The brother and sister began to crack open an egg each, and began to feed, egg yolk and fluid coating their maws.

Bravo pattered off, and settled down closest to Blue, briefly looking upon the last surviving sister, before beginning to crack open his meal.

All of the pack members made a conscious effort to avoid a gorging Rust, who was feasting upon the eggs with the ferocity of a starving animal. The pack ate swiftly-trying to devour faster than their alpha.

They were not fast enough.

Rust was upon Winter faster than the female could react, the white raptor shrieking in panic and being thrown to the ground. Storm released an enraged scream at his sister being attacked, though dared not move to avenge this assault.

After all, Rust was not interested in his sister. He was interested in stealing Winter's uneaten egg-which the alpha was swift to scoop up in his jaws, and crack.

Winter shook herself as she recovered, and spat with an angry hiss, though did not try to take back her food.

The risk was not worth it.

Bravo watched the display, a noise of concern escaping him. But it did not stop the forest hued raptor from rolling his second egg towards Blue with his snout.

It was an opportunity that could not be wasted.

Not while Rust's attention was focused elsewhere.

Blue looked upon the large egg that rolled up against her arm, golden eyes flicking to Bravo, then to the alpha and the unhappy siblings, then to Bravo again.

Blue produced a noise of appreciation, before giving into her hunger.

Chapter 6

Notes:

Stupidity Warning: Drunk raptors.

Chapter Text

Hunger was a primal thing.

A primal need to survive.

And like always, E was driven apart from her armored packmate to hunt once more.

E was more wary now, for she knew the larger raptor creature was nearby, hunting, stalking. Though he did not harm her before, she was rather cautious as to what a second encounter would bring. But, at the same time, E felt as if she desired another encounter. Another encounter with one of her kind, but not.

It was a bit like Ank.

E liked Ank.

Ank tolerated her, and they tried to communicate.

Tried, being the keyword.

Still, it was something, and E was quite grateful for that something.

Unlike other times when E would go out and wander, and try to hunt-things were different.

Ank was waddling behind, not too far, but not too close.

Either her armored friend grew to like her company, or both were simply drawn in by the same curiosity that their senses led them to-a most tantalizing, yet strange scent. E was unsure what it was, but she hoped it was food.

E found what was the source of the strange scent, but it was something she never saw before.

It was a campsite.

E's scaled nares flared, a surge of excess causing a fine spray of mucus to escape her nostrils as she breathed deep. The red raptor with cream white markings cocked her head to the right, a quiet squeak of confusion escaping her. She was unsure what she was looking at. Three tents were pitches erect, the zippers closed. Further into the camp site were chairs that surrounded a burning fire, a metal pot cooking and boiling water within. Coolers were strung around the campsite-generally positioned near the tents themselves. Smoke fluttered in small plumes from the fire, the wood cracking and popping, embers being flown askew into the winds.

The red raptor's blue eyes observed the area, and upon nearing the clearing, craned her neck downward and lowered her head to inspect the strange tracks within the dirt. There were footprints embedded within the earth. E cocked her head, attempting to better decode these strange patterns of footprints. It was odd. E could not see any toe or claw prints. It looked as if it was a singular foot with markings and grooves-as if it were the prints of the large, armored preys. But it was not. The strange imprints in the earth were not like a typical foot like Ank's, and they were small.

E decided she spent enough time studying the odd tracks, and pattered off to further investigate, curious, yet wary. The little predator certainly would not be this bold if Ank the Tank was not nearby. Her armored packmate was currently sniffing a small metal can that was thrown upon the ground, nudging it curiously with his snout. The beer can rolled away, and Ank trudged after it, confused yet curious of the odd smell that came from the little metal thing. Perhaps it was food?

Thus, Ank attempted to put that thought to the test. He crushed the can in his jaws with a loud crunch, and instantly spit the little metal thing back out, a noise escaping him, and head shaking. Ank learned his lessen. The little crunchy things that smelled odd were not food.

E's head snapped towards the noise of the crunch, head warbling and a rasp escaping her in curiosity. Her clawed fingers clenched and unclenched in thought, killing claws twitching. There was so many new things here! She wasn't sure what to investigate next!

But, like always, hunger won over, and it was that need to feed that drew E's attention to the cooking pot over the fire. The raptor neared, blue eyes flicking and narrowing upon the fire, the heat growing as she approached. E's head cocked to the right, then to the left. The metal pot fluttered with cooking food, and the sound of something boiling could be heard within. E wanted the food, but she was unsure as to how to get it.

She never saw what this thing was before.

All she knew, was that it had something that smelled like food.

A high pitched rumble escaped her throat, and E craned her neck forward, nares flaring. The scent was making her jaws salivate, and her belly rumbled in want to be filled. The smoke was a danger, she knew that, but the prize of a full belly would be worth the risk, she supposed.

E's killing claws flicked, and circled, and turned, walking around the cooking fire, thinking and observing. Her snout then moved forward in a forceful nudge, ignoring the heat of the flames and plumes of smoke. While the pot clanged, and was knocked off the pit, E was not expecting the metal to be so hot, and seer her sensitive scales. The pain paused E to squeak in start, a clawed hand moving to cover her pained snout, fingers raking, as if to rub and scrape the pain away.

The pot spilled, boiling water flooding the ground and steam rising. Cooked venison spilled out, seasoned and ready.

And now dirty.

A shame for the campers-perhaps out on a hike whilst their dinner was cooking.

A win for E-for the risk was surely worth it.

The red raptor shook her head, clawed hand lowering and eyes refocusing.

She would have moved to eat the cooked meat had she not seen another of her kind.

A red raptor with cream white and blue eyes, scabs and scares upon her.

A reflection of herself within the reflective metal of the heated pot.

A reflection that E thought was another of her kind.

E gave a rasping squeak in start, and on instinct, made herself small, and submissive. The new raptor was so close! She wouldn't be able to scamper off to her armored packmate in time.

However, the red raptor seemed to copy her submissive stance, and it made E release a noise in confusion.

This new raptor was acting just like her? Perhaps she was hurt before, too? She saw the scabs and scars...Perhaps this raptor was just as an outsider as E was, herself?

Maybe this raptor would be a new friend?

E produced a rasp-an attempt at a greeting. She saw the raptor produce the same noise she did, and her head cocked in confusion. The raptor mimicked her.

E was confused, but waited for a response.

Nothing.

Maybe the other raptor did not hear her?

E tried again-a rasp of a greeting.

Whatever E did, the red raptor did at exactly the same time.

E was beyond confused.

Why was this raptor not communicating with her?

Did she not want to?

Perhaps she was too scared?

A sudden chortled snort came from behind her, followed by the heavy pounding of feet upon the earth, and the breaking and cracking of a tent. E whirled her head around to see Ank fleeing in panic, trampling anything in his path. A trampled tent and a second cracked and ruined by the swipe of a frantic tail in his wake, a plastic cooler splintered and empty beer cans crushed and scattered.

As fast as E whirled her head to look in the direction of her fleeing packmate, did her head snap in the direction Ank fled from. In the direction the other red raptor was. But beyond that-near the edge of the wood and foliage-was the same onyx and gold raptor from before.

Skulking upon all fours, golden eyes piercing and sharp, jagged teeth agape, quills sharp and erect.

E was so focused upon the Indoraptor approaching, that she forgot she was still low slung to the ground, out in the open and vulnerable. Her packmate fled, and she was now alone.

The Indoraptor's golden eyes flicked in observation. To the ruined tents, to the spilled meat and reflective pot, to the coolers and beer cans. Then his sharp eyes flicked to the smaller raptor, pupils narrowing into thin knifes. His tail flicked, and his killing claws clicked and clacked upon the stones embedded within the ground.

It would be a lie to say that the Indoraptor was drawn to the campsite for food alone.

E drew attention to herself by attempting to call to the other raptor.

The Indoraptor answered.

He arrived to answer her call, but he was also here to hunt.

Hunting the two legged creatures that made this place their nest.

E's breath increased, causing her throat to tighten and produce small squeaks and trills.

She was alone.

She was vulnerable.

She was out in the open.

She was scared.

And her eyes showed that fear.

It would be a lie to say that E scampered off in just search of prey.

While she was mainly searching for prey, she was also searching for a companion.

Another companion.

Another creature that could accept her.

She was searching for this male, in desperation, loneliness, and hope.

After all, he could have killed her.

He could have, when she was hiding and vulnerable.

But he didn't.

Why?

That had to mean something?

That he accepted her?

Or was it tolerance, twisted into the perception of acceptance?

E was unsure.

All she knew was that their first encounter could have gone much worse.

Much. Worse.

He could have killed her.

He didn't.

And that positive encounter was the only thing that wasn't sending E into an overdrive of terror.

It was the only thing that made E rise from her submissive position, belly rising from the ground as her legs allowed her to rise. Though she did not rise to her full height.

She did not want to be seen as a challenger.

As a threat.

E crouched, a posture that displayed stronger self confidence than she previously had. The female's tail flicked, neck craning upward to look upon the larger raptor. A croaked rasp in greeting escaped her.

It was a noise that made the Indoraptor twist his head to the side in confusion, and curiosity. His taloned hands resumed to skulk and crawl himself forward a few more strides until they ceased, and stilled. A guttural rumble escaped the male, before a low call escaped his throat.

It was a call that made E cock her head to the left, a series of confused squeaks escaping her in confusion.

She didn't recognize the odd call?

What was it?

The Indoraptor's nares flared, his eyes refocusing to observe the smaller raptor. The male was perplexed at her silence, a clawed hand curling and grasping at the air, before settling his hand back down upon the ground.

A second, repeating call from the black raptor bellowed forth from his throat.

An attempt to communicate.

An attempt to socialize with another so like him, yet so different.

An attempt to connect with the only other that didn't display aggression towards him.

E did not understand the male's call. But it did not sound aggressive, nor hostile. E's killing claws tapped at the trodden ground in thought, and a series of clicking squeaks escaped her.

The noise only made the Indoraptor cock his head hard to the left in response, a noise of perplex slipping passed his jagged teeth.

He did not understand this female.

She made such strange noises-so unlike the blue one.

The Indoraptor appeared to give up any attempts of communication, and instead turned his attention towards an untouched tent. His neck craned forward, and his chest expanded as he inhaled deep.

The prey was here recently.

That meant they would not be far.

E seemed to calm, and while she didn't rise to her full height, she did skulk forward to snatch up a discarded sausage link in her jaws-which she devoured whole. Her greedy clawed fingers grasped a second link, and her neck craned downward. Her jaws clamped upon the sausage, and it was cut clean. Almost like that of a squirrel, she stuffed her scaled maw, and ate with greed.

This meat was different than what she normally ate from her prey.

Where was more?!

E's blue eyes, however, fell upon the skulking male. While he was ignoring her, she at least wanted to keep an eye upon him.

The Indoraptor was currently sniffing the unruined tent, golden eyes focusing upon the zipper. His jaws carefully clamped upon the little metal tag, and pulled. He pulled the wrong way, the fabric of the tent stretching towards him. The black male twisted his powerful neck, and the zipper began to split and unfurl the opening, exposing the inside of the tent.

Releasing the little metal tag, the Indoraptor then craned his neck, and pushed his head forwards to explore and investigate the inner sanctum of the tent.

E cocked her head, confused as to what the male was doing.

The thought then occurred to the red hued female. Her blue eyes flicked to the cooked meat upon the ground, circular pupils narrowing. Bending down, her jaws clamped up one of the few remaining morsels of food.

Breath squeaking slightly, E then pivoted herself to face the black and gold beast. Tentatively, the female raptor approached, serrated teeth gently piercing the skin of the sausage within her maw. The red and cream white raptor pattered towards the Indoraptor, ceasing her approach a safe distance away.

Her blue eyes blinked, briefly covered by scaled lids. E produced a huff of breath in exhale, husky and throated.

It was a noise that attracted the Indoraptor's attention, for the male withdrew his quilled head from the small confines of the tent and craned his neck to turn towards E. His golden eyes focused upon the small female, pupils narrowing. Briefly did his eyes flick to the meal held within her maw, his nares flaring.

A low, confused noise came from the larger predator, and his head cocked to the side, curious as to what E was doing.

The little red raptor produced a chuff as a second huff of breath rushed passed her scaled lips, neck bobbing upward and head tilting on an incline to try and bring attention the piece of meat within her maw. Her ankles extended and stretched, and she tried to make herself taller in order to try and better deliver her gift.

After all, what better gift and peace offering was there than food?

The Indoraptor looked upon the smaller raptor, before craning his neck downward, slowly, cautiously. A serpentine hiss escaped his throat, and his jaws opened agape ever so slightly. The Indoraptor's amber eyes briefly flicked to E's sapphire ones, seeking to find any trick within her quivering blue orbs. He found nothing other than hope, fear...flickering of light like the stars in the night sky.

As soon as his eyes left E's own, his gaze refocused upon the offered food.

He could feel her breath intermingle with his own, her breath once more escaping her throat in nervous squeaks.

The Indoraptor was unsure that another's breath upon his scales could feel so comforting, yet so foreign.

Pleasure, and comfort, after all, were not things the Indoraptor was used to, however so small.

Pleasure in feeding.

Pleasure in drinking.

Pleasure in sleeping.

But pleasure in another?

Unless it came with the sadistic pleasure of causing pain and killing, the male hybrid was not accustomed to such.

After all, nothing was better than something.

Still, the Indoraptor decided to focus upon the task at hand.

His jaws clamped upon the peace offering, E's own releasing and retracting, her saliva and tongue gliding off of the flesh.

The Indoraptor then craned his neck upwards, tilted his head skyward, and swallowed the morsel whole. His throat muscles bobbed whilst he swallowed, and after, his nigh serpentine neck lowered to refocus his gaze upon E.

E looked upon the taller raptor, blinking. A small, yet high pitched whistle of breath escaped her, which was followed by a short, hoarse bark.

The gold and onyx beast tilted his head, though produced a low rumble of acceptance.

E looked upon the larger male, her nares flaring, inhaling his scent.

Remembering his scent.

Slowly becoming intoxicated by his musk.

A brief thought then occurred within E.

A brief thought that the different male would be interested in breeding her.

It was a thought that was swiftly pushed out of her mind.

It was just a hopeful thought, of making her own pack that would accept her.

After all, while E did have sexual urges-they were generally not on her top priorities. She could do little to sate herself when she came into season, after all.

The urges were more or less an annoyance.

E decided to end these sudden surge of thoughts by pivoting upon her feet, and pattering off.

At least she felt confident enough around this new male to not cower. After all, having two pack mates were better than having none.

Perhaps he would stay with her, this time? Not leave? That would be comforting. To be in the presence of another like her, yet so different.

E trotted off, and decided to leave the few remaining sausages alone. After all, she did not want to make the larger male angry by eating what little food was left-as famished as she was.

Curiosity got to the female, however, as she noticed a beer can laying upon the ground. It was from the broken cooler Ank destroyed in his panic. E looked at the little shiny can, then to the Indoraptor-who returned to searching the innards of a tent.

E craned her neck, and lowered her scaled head to investigate the can, hips raised and tail flicking. Her head cocked to the right. Then to the left. She nudged the little object with her snout, causing it to roll.

A whistling chitter in confusion escaped her, clawed fingers curling and grasping at the air in thought. E then nudged the beer can harder, which caused it to roll farther, faster-and only gain momentum as it began to roll on a gentle downward slope.

E produced a squeak of excitement, predatory instinct triggered. In her eyes, the beer can may as well have been prey.

The raptor then trotted after the toy, eager in her fleet of foot movement. She then pounced, and clasped her clawed fingers around the can, trapping it within her scaled fingers. Akin to a feline, E began to bat at the can, manipulating the aluminum object as it rolled to and fro, at the mercy of her pawing hands. E couldn't help but produce a series of squeaks in her excitement, tail swaying and killing claws clacking into the earth.

The extent of noise being made attracted the Indoraptor's attention, who cocked his head in confusion at the female's antics.

What was she doing?

What did she have?

The hybrid approached slowly, cautiously in his skulking, golden eyes narrowing upon E.

E's head swiveled, and her blue eyes flicked towards the approaching male.

The female produced a hoarse noise, and she rose to her feet. She then nudged the can with her snout, letting it roll towards the larger raptor kin.

The Indoraptor watched as the rolly thing rolled, and bumped into his clawed hand. His hand rose off the ground, and his head lowered to inspect the foreign object, his nares flaring.

E produced another hoarse rasp, which caused the Indoraptor to turn his head towards her. E appeared to be expecting something, but what, he didn't know.

It was then that E neared once more, and nudged the can with her snout, causing the little object to roll and bounce into the hybrid's once again lowered hand.

The hybrid looked towards E, then to the beer can.

With a flick of his wrist, the Indoraptor back handed the toy, telling it roll towards the red and white female.

E produced a squeak of a chirp in excitement, and like before, nudged the can back.

The Indoraptor produced a trill in chortle, and pawed the can away in return.

For the first time, the Indoraptor was having fun.

Fun that didn't involve killing or hunting or harming, anyway.

E then decided to up the the game, by grasping the can within her jaws, shaking it as if it were prey.

The only problem was, her teeth pierced the can, and caused alcohol to pour out. The surge of the foul liquid caused E to drop the can, the female heaving and shaking her head as the alcohol burned her throat.

The can rolled away, and it was enough to trigger her companion's own instincts as well.

The Indoraptor rushed forth, and clamped the beer within his jaws, crushing it.

He instantly regretted it.

The aluminum sliced his mouth, and the alcohol poured into his maw and rushed down his gullet. The Indoraptor heaved and instantly spat out the beer can, throat burning and spasming, saliva welling and snot running out of his nares.

Things were not okay!

Things were not okay!

Things were not okay!


Things were okay!

Things were very okay!

E wasn't sure why, but she felt funny!

Everything felt fuzzy, like the fur from the small mammals she would hunt.

Everything felt fuzzy and warm!

The only thing that made the fuzziness and warmness bad, was that the world wouldn't stop spinning.

Why were the trees spinning?

Why were there two of everything?

E wasn't sure what was going on.

When E tried to rise, she stumbled right back down, as if she had no strength in her legs and had no balance.

Everything was fine when she left the strange nest site. But then afterwards, she began to feel funny.

And now E didn't know what was up, down, left, or right.

Thus, the female raptor was currently sprawled out upon a bed of dead leaves from the redwoods, pupils dilated and shaking.

Drunk.

She lost her balance how long ago, and wasn't able to get up ever since.

Not that she minded.

She felt quite good!

And it wasn't like she was alone!

The Indoraptor was with her, having chosen to follow the red female, stumbling along all the while.

Perhaps the reason E felt warm was because she was pressed flush against the gold and onyx hued hybrid?

Her smaller form was pressed against his larger, more muscular form, nuzzling affectionately, lovingly, tenderly, drunkenly into the Indoraptor's shoulder.

Into his chest.

Into his neck.

Showing her affection whilst she was most bold, for she would never be this bold otherwise.

Desperate for affection she longed to have, and give.

E closed her eyes as she nuzzled her scaled head against the larger raptor, her nostrils flaring and deeply inhaling his masculine musk.

The Indoraptor lay upon the ground, his length easily circling around E's body, his pupils dilated and unfocused, black scaled eyelids half closed. His jaw was half slacked, saliva welling within his jaws and drooling out one side. A constant, low purr escaped his throat upon feeling the female's affections, his tail sluggishly thumping upon the ground.

An arm then rose, and wrapped around E's smaller form to further smoosh her against him, and to get the female underneath him-if ever so slightly. E was akin to a rag doll, her body half twisting in a lax fashion. It was an opportunity she used to snuggle further-deeper against the Indoraptor's broad chest.

It was then the male twisted them further, and E found herself sprawled out on top of the male, his larger snout pressed against hers, breaths intermingling.

E produced a confused noise, wondering who was moving-the earth, or her. But her confusion didn't stop her from rubbing her own snout against the hybrid's own.

His eyes met hers.

Her eyes met his.

For once, E felt no fear from this new male.

For once, the Indoraptor felt calm and lax in the presence of another.

Perhaps he was wrong?

Perhaps something was better than nothing?

Or, perhaps his mind would change when he was less drunk?

But for now, everything was okay.

Everything was very okay.

Chapter 7

Notes:

Warning!

Possibly graphic/disturbing scenes of violence.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Blue's time within the pack was so different from what she remembered pack life with her sisters.

This pack was so much different.

It made her miss her sisters.

And Rust's hierarchy as alpha made her miss her human alpha.

Blue wondered if things would have been different if she chose to stay with Owen?

Would things be better, stuck in a cage that was so tiny and confining?

She would be safe in a cage.

Safe with her alpha.

At least, she would be safe from harm under her old alpha.

Her new alpha?

Not so much.

The whole pack changed whenever Rust was around.

Everything was tense.

Everyone was on edge.

Because no one knew when they could be the rustic male's next target.

Blue learned swiftly to be small, and quiet.

To avoid detection.

To slip under the large male's gaze, and let his piercing eyes fall to another victim.

Thus, the pack was quiet.

But only when they needed to be.

The quietness of the pack was broken as Bravo rose from his position from the ground. While his leg largely healed from Blue's claws, his snout was not. His sinuses were permanently crushed on one side, giving him a deformed, broken snout.

The green scaled male with golden accents craned his neck to look at Rust. The male was busy sleeping, scaled lips peeled back in a snarl.

Even whilst sleeping, he appeared to be nasty.

At least he was distracted for the time being.

Good.

Bravo's gaze fell from Rust, to Blue.

The male then released a quiet, yet nasally trill.

A beckon for her to come.

To follow.

To join.

Blue's head rose from being flush to the cold earth, neck craning to look upon the other male, golden eyes narrowing and focusing upon Bravo. Her neck twisted to face her head away from Bravo, to the other pack members.

Rust was in a torpor.

Winter and Storm were asleep as well, brother and sister curled up in a small ball upon each other.

Blue then refocused her attention to Bravo, the male standing, awaiting an answer to his beckon.

A series of soft clicks in curiosity escaped Blue, her head warbling in thought, tail flicking and toes flowering, scraping into the dirt.

The blue striped sister then decided being away from Rust was better than simply being near him, even whilst he was sleeping.

Thus, Blue rose from her laying position, and pattered off to join Bravo.

She was curious as to where they were going.

Were they going to hunt?

Bravo produced a series of clicks in please at the female joining him. Satisfied, the male then twisted opposite of Blue, and moved off away from the pack's nesting site.

Blue chittered, and followed the male, pattering up beside him.

Blue expected them to hunt under the light of the moon and stars.

She didn't expect them to enter a field that was flickering with gentle yellow lights of dancing fireflies within the tall grasses.

Blue's eyes widened, the golden coloration of her irises only seeming to sparkle and fleck, reflecting the soft glow of the firelights. The grey sister turned her head towards the green male beside her, head warbling ever so slightly. A quiet chitter escaped her, which was followed by the soft clicks of her tongue.

Bravo turned his head from the dazzling sight, to the blue striped female, a nasally bark escaping him. His head suddenly craned forward, and gave a playful boop of the snout in response, the male swiftly retracting.

Blue blinked, and flinched, a squawk of surprise escaping her. She expected to feel some sort of pain from the ambush. But found that the action was more friendly and playful that her paranoia anticipated.

It was a simple poke-but also an invitation to play.

Blue decided, for once, for perhaps the first time since her sisters were gone, to indulge herself.

The blue striped sister twisted her neck, and unleashed a swift poke with the brunt of her snout in retaliation. Bravo craned his neck downward to avoid the boop, a trill in chortle escaping him. His head tilted on an incline, and he rose to poke the new female in her jaw.

Blue released a hooting noise in play, scaled head shaking slightly and jaws snapping in mock combat. A clawed hand rose, and pawed the green male's snout away.

It was then Blue did something she hadn't done in a long time.

She ran.

But she didn't run in chase of prey.

Nor to escape a larger predator.

She ran because she could.

She ran because she wanted to play.

Bravo produced a surprised squawk as Blue suddenly bolted off into the tall grasses, her footfalls heavy against the ground, grasses bending to her charge. Wherever Blue went in her running, a wave of flickering, softly glowing lights fluttered into the night sky. Bravo looked upon the sight, scales and eyes reflecting the illumination of firelight.

The green male accented with golden scales then shook his head, and refocused. Bravo then gave chase with an excited bark, and was lost within the tall fields in only three strides.

He may not have known where Blue went, lost within the grasses, but he could follow the slowly fluttering path of fleeing insects in her wake, illuminating the night sky.

The field became a swirl of two entities of gently flowing lantern lights, flickering and dotting a dull glow against the blackness of the night.

For the first time, in a long time, Blue remembered what it felt like to run and play just for the sake of it.


Blue ran until she could no longer, her chest heaving as she breathed in strained, ragged breathes. Her heart fluttered away, and she could feel her blood course through her body.

Bravo was opposite to her, panting and tongue lulling from his gaping maw, heated breath fluttering in wisps against the night.

The lazy trickling of a creek could be heard, the water rolling between them.

Blue was swift to quench her thirst, head lowering and hips raised, tail flicking. The flow of the cold crick felt so refreshing against her parched mouth.

Bravo lowered his scaled lips beneath the water's surface, serrated teeth jutting out of the flow. The green male cocked his head to the side, eyes flicking and pupils narrowing to better look upon Blue.

The female resumed to drink, briefly raising her head and giving a single shake, flicking the trickling water from her scaled maw. A quiet chitter escaped her before she lowered herself to lap at the water once more.

Bravo then took advantage of the female's vulnerable position. The male sunk his snout deep into the water, and exhaled harshly from his nares.

The angry flaring of bubbling water startled Blue, and the female craned her neck backwards in haste, a squawk escaping her in start. The bubbling ceased as Bravo raised his head to look at Blue, a series of playful, almost chortling clicks and chitters escaping him.

It was as if he was laughing at her.

Blue released a confused chirp, and cocked her head to the side. She watched as Bravo lowered his snout below the lazily flowing stream, and blew from his nares. The water danced and bubbled around him, and Blue released another squawk in surprise and awe.

How did he do that?

She wanted to try!

The grey scaled female then lowered her snout below the water, and blew forcefully from her nostrils. The water bubbled and swelled around her snout-and the feeling tickled!

Blue released a trill in chortle and excitement.

She was doing it!

She was making water dance!

Bravo released a nasally bark, tail swaying slightly before he, too, lowered his head, and blew into the water.

For the third time, he made the water dance and bubble.

For the second time, she made the water dance and bubble.

Once more, Bravo cocked his head to the side, eyes flicking upward and pupils focusing upon Blue.

In a sudden movement of his head, water spritzed and splattered upon Blue, causing the female to pull back and rasp.

The grey female moved back slightly, and attempted to shake herself free of the wet cold.

The green male released another nasally chortle.

Bravo flinched when Blue slashed her clawed foot into the stream, and splashed him.

It was her turn to chortle.


The tension within the pack was so thick, it could almost be cut with a knife.

The cause of this tension was a simple, primal one.

Winter was in season.

And the white female was showing it.

Blue watched from her small bedding of dead leaves as the other female rose from her normal resting place, and cantered slowly towards Bravo.

Winter neared the green scaled male, the produced a low, husky croon as she rubbed the side of her head against the male's shoulder, then her whole body. Slowly, softly, tenderly brushing her warm and smooth scales against Bravo.

Hoping to entice him.

Hoping he could sate her aching core swiftly-desperately-urgently-before Rust got wind of her heat.

Bravo produced a quiet chitter of uncertainty, and once more the white female spun around, showcasing herself, before rubbing her body against his once more. Her scaled lips gently preened his scaled jaw, and a moist tongue slathered his throat in a single lick.

Bravo's breath hitched, and his nares flared.

Blue could see his breathing increase as his chest expanded with greater force, the male's muscular legs shifting uncomfortably in his lying position.

Blue's golden eyes were locked upon the pair, pupils dilating. Her clawed fingers began to rake at the ground, and disturb her bedding. Her breath became deeper, hotter.

She was jealous.

Winter shouldn't be going after her closest companion!

It wasn't fair!

Bravo was the only pack member thus far to bother to bond with her. To care for her. To spend time with her.

He was her closest companion!

Ever since her sisters!

And now Winter was trying to mate him!?

That wasn't fair!

He was Blue's closest friend!

Blue couldn't be his closest friend if he mated!

Then their bond wouldn't be special!

Blue couldn't be his special closest friend!

Winter would be his special closest friend ever!

And also his mate.

And Winter would be special to Bravo, and Blue wouldn't!

Envy, and jealousy was heavy within Blue's chest. So much so that her grey scaled lips peeled back, and her teeth were exposed in a jaded snarl.

Blue wasn't used to this kind of feeling. These kinds of feelings. She never had any males in her previous pack. Only her sisters.

And her Alpha...

Blue wondered once again if things would have been different with Owen.

Different with-

A series of hisses from an angry Storm took Blue out of her ruminations.

The blue striped female wasn't the only one upset about Winter flaunting herself about. Storm was not happy Bravo was near his sister, and the grey male was showing his anger by harassing the pair-by attempting to get between them, and snapping at Bravo. Winter did not like that, and her throat puffed in irritation, a forceful hiss escaping her. She then exploded in rage, snapping and chasing her brother away-Storm fleeing and frightened by the raw surge in aggression and violence his sister was displaying towards him.

When Winter returned to Bravo, Storm did not bother to get between the pair again.

He just stared in a piercing glare, scaled lips peeled back in a pissy snarl.

Winter resumed her crooning and purring, nuzzling and rubbing against the green male.

Attempting to rouse him.

Attempting to entice him.

Blue couldn't help it.

The female produced a trill of a call-a call to bring attention. A desperate call, a pleading call to get Bravo's notice.

To make him think of her again.

Her, and not Winter.

The noise did garner Bravo's attention, the male craning his neck to look at Blue with a quiet chitter-though a hitch of breath escaped him, and he shuttered at Winter's nuzzling of his throat.

Winter's eyes briefly flicked to Blue.

A knowing look.

A challenging look.

A daring look.

A mocking look.

Her eyes said it all.

No new female was going to get between her and her rutting partners. Partner.

Bravo was the only decent male here.

If only because Storm was her brother, and Rust was a dick.

Blue's snarl only twisted and gnarled further, her nares flaring in heated rage, killing claws stabbing into the ground.

She cried out once more.

Bravo had to hear.

Surely he had to hear.

But he was too mesmerized-tantalized-by the intoxicating scent of the white raptor, her hips swaying as she showcased herself.

Attempting to urge the male to mount her.

To rut her.

To fill her womb with his seed.

To sate her primal desire, and give her pleasure.

Bravo stared, eyes glazed in a haze, pupils dilated and saliva welling within his maw, lazily dribbling down his scaled jaw. His clawed fingers trembled, and his muscled legs tensed, shifting in discomfort.

Winter looked towards Bravo, a low growl escaping her throat. The white raptor then turned, and pattered off towards more dense foliage. Towards shadows. Towards privacy. Towards shelter. Winter ceased in her trot to twist her neck, and flick her gaze upon Bravo through half lidded eyes. Through knowing eyes. Through jaded eyes. Through lustful eyes.

She did not call to him.

She just looked at him through milky, half lidded eyes.

And then she slipped between the shadows.

Bravo didn't move, not at first.

His body trembled, and his breath shook, uneven and unsteady.

Blue produced a chitter of worry, before calling to Bravo, hoping to get his attention.

To get him to remember her.

To pay attention to her.

Because Bravo was her special companion.

If he left, that meant Blue wasn't special to him.

Winter was. She would be his special companion, and his mate.

The green scaled male looked to Blue, if every briefly. A quiet noise escaped him, before his neck twisted and his head turned in the direction Winter scurried off to. Bravo then rose, and source of his discomfort was made known.

An erection hung between the male's legs, red and raging, pulsing with the anger of his pounding heart. Fluid lazily dribbled from the head, eager and angry.

Blue found that she couldn't breathe, cold terror creeping into her chest.

Cold dread, and jealously.

Her golden eyes became fixed upon the erection between Bravo's legs, her nares flaring, chest expanding as she inhaled his musk.

It was a foreign scent, but an attractive one.

Blue didn't entirely understand what was happening-she knew the point was to mate, but...Her only experience with mating wasn't necessarily a comfortable, or pleasurable one.

It hurt.

It hurt the whole time she was bred by Rust.

Even afterwards, it hurt.

And Blue didn't think about Bravo being a potential mate to her until now.

And her chance at having a mate-a potentially good mate-was slipping away.

Because Winter did something to Bravo that Blue couldn't do.

She enticed him, and made Bravo completely forget about Blue.

Gone was the male that went out of his way to share his food, play games and socialize with her.

To Blue, it felt like a betrayal.

Because she was terrified Bravo's behavior towards her would change afterwards.

He would no longer be her only companion that seemed to actually care.

Care about her like her sisters did.

Care about her like her human alpha did.

And her fears only seemed to be made manifest as Bravo walked in the direction Winter went, head swiveling and movements cautious. Skulking quietly, wary for when Rust would return.

Their tryst would need to be well protected, and swift.

Bravo did not look back.

He did not look at Blue as he slipped into the shadows.


It was odd to hear noises of pleasure-quiet barks and trills growing as the trysting raptors delved further within the pleasures of their arduous union.

Their calls and breaths and pants, however, soon changed.

Their cries of pleasure turned into cries of terror and panic that was overshadowed by a vengeful scream.

Rust found them.

Squeals akin to butchered pigs pierced through the air, and in an explosion of foliage, three scaled bodies tumbled forth in a hazardous pile, limbs flailing and spasming.

A horrendous, fearful squeal ripped from Winter's throat, crushed and twisted by the two males-which was only interrupted by feral snorts and rasps. She squirmed and panicked, struggling to escape from being harmed and crushed by the green and rustic hued males. Rust was upon both, biting and clawing upon Bravo-the green male desperately attempting to twist around and defend himself-to flee, to escape the alpha's wrath.

But he couldn't.

His and Winter's hips were still joined and interlocked, stuck together as both attempted to unlock and escape.

The explosive energy within the pack went off like bomb.

Storm then shot up, a hoarse scream of rage rupturing from his scaled throat, which swelled and puffed in heated wrath. The grey male approached, though did not have enough bravado to challenge his alpha, nor add to the further pile of scales. Thus Storm only hopped and skittered nervously, anxiously, fearfully, around the trio, barking and hissing and spitting, desperate to try and aid his screaming sibling.

Storm was little more than a hindrance, but his antics were enough to rouse the ire of his alpha.

The grey male shrieked in terror upon seeing Rust turn his gaze upon him, and spun around to flee.

The alpha was upon him faster than Storm could react, Rust fueled by raging adrenaline.

Storm was helpless against his alpha's explosive power, the larger male easily pinning his pack member. Storm didn't even try to fight back, to struggle. He was too terrified by the sight of the alpha's killing claw upon his head, threatening and menacing. Storm was so terrified, he forgot how to call for help.

With the large male distracted, Bravo and Winter redoubled their efforts to part. Upon being unlocked and free, Bravo was swift to skitter off and flee, shrieking in panic. It was a noise that drew Rust's attention, and like an enraged bull, the alpha charged towards his limping target.

Before Bravo knew it, the green male was toppled over, and a pair of iron jaws clamped upon his exposed pelvis.

A horrid scream of agony tore through Bravo's throat-which was only interjected by his own hitching breath, the downed male attempting to kick Rust off. But he was in the most vulnerable position possible. Upon his side, and his hips twisted upward and exposed. Bravo attempted to get his legs to work, but the pain was too much. His muscles twitched and spasmed haplessly.

The male attempted to call for help, to cry for help, but the only thing that could escape him were pathetic squeaks and high pitched chitters of agony.

Rust did not let go, and rather, claimed down upon the green male's groin with more force-then once more, then twice, then thrice.

It was with so much force, and so painful, Bravo was afraid his pelvis would snap, and his aching and swollen sex would be ripped out if his alpha dared to tug with just enough force.

Tears involuntarily welled within the green raptor's eyes, jaw agape in a silent scream as he weakly writhed and squirmed, ribcage expanding harshly in sharp intakes of jagged breath.

Blue started on at the horror before her.

Never had she seen such savagery from her own kind before.

Blue was too terrified to move.

Blue was too terrified she'd be the next target.

Rust refused to let go of Bravo, though eventually did with a rough shake, causing a breathless rasp of pain to escape the downed male.

Blood staining his serrated teeth and scaled lips, Rust turned away, and began to focus his attention back on Winter, approaching the white raptor.

Bravo did not move. He did not blink. He just stared, wide eyed and breathing harshly. The green raptor with gold accents may as well have been dead he was in such a catatonic state from the sheer agony and brutality of the attack.

The vulnerable scales of his pelvis were pierced and bleeding quite heavily, crimson smearing upon his scaled inner thighs and groin. Bravo was quite lucky Rust did not target his erection specifically. While Bravo's member was still swollen-it was not out of lust or desire. His erection was swollen due to damage, the length bruised as blood seeped from the tip.

Rust could have killed him.

But he didn't.

After all, the harm was meant to wound.

To maim.

To scare.

To keep alive.

To deliver a harsh reminder, and lesson.

That no one mated with any females except Rust himself.

That no one chuckolded the alpha.

Because the only one that was allowed to have chicks, was Rust.

Whether the females liked it or not.

Thus, Winter's cries were less like that of a raptor, and more akin to a squealing swine as Rust approached, and mounted the injured female.

Storm released a distressing cry, hopping and skittering about in fear, in nervousness, in stress, wanting to do something to help his sister, but unsure what. If he attacked Rust, he might harm his sister. And if he tried to antagonize Rust, the alpha may take his rage out on Winter, and harm her even more. And Storm didn't want to be like Bravo.

But he didn't want his sister to get hurt and abused!

Storm was desperate to aid his sibling, though unsure of what to do, began to rake and claw at his own snout in stress, drawing blood from his self made wounds.

Storm didn't know what to do!

But he had to do something!

Anything!

But what?

The grey raptor wasn't assertive.

He was timid.

He was nothing without his sister.

He was nothing when alone.

And now when his sister needed him, he was too scared to help.

Too weak to help.

Winter may not have been his mate, but she was his everything.

His only family.

Storm looked towards Blue, and released a desperate call for help.

A pleading call.

A begging call.

Blue didn't answer, nor respond to Storm's plea.

Blue was too scared to move.

Too terrified that she would be next, once Rust was finished with Winter.

That she would be forced to breed with Rust again, and have to go through all that pain.

But when Blue heard the second plea, her head turned towards Storm, her actions wooden and ridged.

The call was quivering, weak and desperate.

It sounded like Storm's heart was breaking.

Fear fled, and gave way to fury.

Blue was no longer afraid.

She was livid.

While Blue didn't socialize with Storm much-if at all-she knew his pain.

The pain of being helpless to protect and save siblings.

Blue could remember Charlie.

Her sister being torn apart by fire in a spray of blood and innards.

Blue could remember Delta.

Her sister burned almost beyond recognition. Blue could barely smell Delta's scent over the fumes of burning flesh and gas.

Blue could remember Echo.

Her sister crushed and broken by the White One's jaws.

Blue knew how Storm felt.

And she didn't want Storm to feel how she felt now, with her sisters gone.

After all, what if Charlie was in Winter's place?

Or Delta?

Or Echo?

No.

Blue would not allow that.

Blue rose to her feet in an explosive surge of power, an enraged scream ripping from her throat, scaled lips peeled back in a snarl and clawed fingers poised.

The noise appeared to startle Rust, for the male squawked in surprise, and was quite swift to dismount Winter to defend himself. The earthen-red male released a serpentine hiss in warning, and stepped towards Blue with a slash of his killing claws, attempting to intimidate her with his size and strength, bloodied jaws snapping shut.

The grey and blue striped female produced a shrill shriek, and spat at the large alpha in retaliation with a hiss. Blue's golden eyes were fixed upon Rust, looking upon the male as if he were prey, her pupils narrowed and sharpened into twin knives.

Rust would have charged upon Blue, moved to overwhelm her with his larger form and put the newcomer in her place, had Storm not charged forth from the side, and knocked the alpha to the ground. The grey scaled male produced a hiss in anger, eyes flushing red and saliva frothing into a thick, viscous foam around his scaled lips.

For the first time, in a long time, Rust felt fear.

The tides were turning, and they were no longer in his favor.

He never saw the most timid member of his pack so wild in fervor.

For the first time, in a long time, Rust realized he was not in control.

He was in danger.

When Storm pounced upon the larger male, that was when Rust rolled out of the way, and bolted.

Rust fled in terror, releasing a panicked cry.

Storm gave chase, and Blue was not far behind, the pair nipping, snapping and barking at the large male, giving chase as if hunting dogs to quarry.

They did not stop until Rust was far from their injured pack members.

And they did not let Rust get away unscathed, for blood stained their claws and maws when they returned.

Storm looked upon his injured sister, before turning his attention to Blue. A quiet chitter escaped the grey male, and a nuzzle, followed by a soft lick of the tongue graced Blue's jaw in thanks. Storm then pattered off, and moved to inspect and tend to Winter.

Blue looked to the siblings, before turning her attention to Bravo, who was nursing his wounds.

He would not be able to hunt, or mate, for a long time.


For once, a calm began to fall over the pack.

Everything was steady, and quiet, and calm.

It has only been two days since Rust was chased off, and there was no sign of him.

The pack was at peace, if still healing.

Storm was intent on giving Blue small morsels of prey as gifts of thanks.

Winter was more amiable towards the last living sister, and the females would often preen each other.

Blue and Storm became the providers for the pack, if only due to their pack mates being injured.

Storm would always ensure food was brought back to Winter.

Blue would ensure food was brought back to Bravo.

If only because Bravo once did the same to her when he did not have to.

Blue was still quite wary, and jealous of what happened-if only because it meant Bravo had less attention to focus upon Blue, herself.

She was unsure of the future of her companionship with the green male-potential mate or no.

A part of Blue was just glad Bravo was not able to mate, if only because he couldn't mate with Winter.

Perhaps Blue could try and get Bravo to be interested in mating with her, too?

Like he was with Winter?

But she was unsure if she even wanted a mate.

Mating wasn't very fun when she was bred, but based on the chortles and trills she heard?

Ugh.

Blue missed her sisters.

Things were less stressful when her whole pack was female.

Notes:

I expect the next chapter to be E and the Indoraptor, since it seems to switch every chapter. I don't have much of a plan for E and the Indoraptor, other than them waking up and being hung over (for the sake of stupidity), or maybe running into an exiled Rust? Who knows?

I do plan for fairly explicit mating scenes to occur, rather than vague ones, if it's good enough for character development, but I'm not sure when, or with who (because everything seems up in the air regarding the pack members, but if I'd have to wager, it's either Blue and Bravo, or E and the Indoraptor).

Thank you for reading!

Chapter 8

Notes:

Warning: Sexual Themes

Stupidity Warning: Drunk Raptors

I was going to write more on this chapter, but I decided to break it in two.

I plan for the next chapter to be a full on sex scene (because I can write long ass sex scenes), rather than the vague/implied scenes scattered throughout this work, which is partly why I broke it up in two, in case anyone wants to skip over the next chapter.

The second reason is that I will be very infrequent in updating, since it's busy season for me, and I felt like I should at least let you guys know.

I was originally going to have this chapter be a hangover scene, but decided to still have E and the Indoraptor drunk, because it was easier to write with limited time.

I apologize any spelling/grammar errors.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

E didn't understand the strange ache between her legs.

Not whilst drunk, anyway.

Nor did she understand why the onyx and gold raptor was beginning to display such an interest been her thighs. The Indoraptor's gaping maw was half slack, viscous saliva welling and dribbling from his jaws, golden eyes half lidded and milky. His breath was deep and long, his neck craning and nares flaring as he greedily inhaled the scent of her heat.

It was uncomfortable to E, even as she lay upon her side in a pile of dead leaves. The Indoraptor's large head forced itself between her muscular legs, a taloned claw grasping her ankle and forcing her legs to splay.

E produced a slurred rasp in fear, and distress, her reaction was slow as she attempted to twist herself free of the male. She attempted to break herself free, fearing he would attack her. Would harm her in her most vulnerable area. Rip open her tender scales and feast on her innards.

E was expecting the larger raptor to lunge towards her.

He did.

But he did not bare his teeth to bite.

E rasped as a shock of pleasure shot up her body. She felt the Indoraptor press his large snout flush to her tender sex, calloused scales rubbing and nares flaring in greedy inhales of her scent. The heat of his breath against her scales in hot puffs sent shivers down her body.

Her breath hitched in a squeak.

Her body trembled.

Her aching sex began to beg for more, her own feminine fluids smearing her thighs and mixing with the male's saliva. Smeared upon his black snout, which was pressed flush to her cream scales. His breath became more forceful, more eager. His eyes became more clouded. More intoxicated with her scent.

The Indoraptor didn't understand why this little female enchanted him so.

Why she stroked such desire within him.

Her scent was overwhelming.

Dominating.

The Indoraptor didn't understand why.

But he wanted her.

The male craned his neck back to breathe, a spray of his saliva and her fluid escaping from his nostrils. A low roar of frustration, confusion, and desire escaped the black raptor before his head tilted downward, and looked towards the little red raptor.

E was looking upon the large male, her struggles having ceased upon feeling the pleasure between her legs, body falling lax. The female's eyes were half lidded and glazed. Her clawed hands drunkenly pawed at the Indoraptor's head, as if attempting to urge him to continue, a weak, hoarse rasp escaping her.

Drool welled and spilled forth from her maw, looking upon him with a heated gaze. The male looked upon her, quills erect and golden, piercing eyes attempting to focus.

She was beautiful.

His sharp gaze refocused her begging sex, staring upon it. Unsure what to entirely do with the confusing onslaught. His clawed fingers still gripped the smaller female's ankle, keeping her powersul legs apart.

Keeping her vulnerable.

Keeping her in his control.

The Indoraptor released a huff of breath in confusion, and vexation. This was a different feeling than when he harmed and killed prey. But at the same time, it was exactly the same.

He could control her.

He could dominate her.

His golden eyes flicked to E's aching core, then to her lustful eyes, haunting in a film of haze. His piercing gave then flicked to his hand upon her ankle, his nares flaring and muscular chest broadening with deep intakes of breath. His killing claws twitched in thought...

He could take her.

Control her.

Make her writhe.

Make her tremble.

Make her want more.

A confused, yet frustrated hiss escaped the Indoraptor. He did not understand anything.

He did not understand her scent.

He did not understand the fuzzy feeling.

He did not understand why he suddenly wanted another so much.

It wasn't right.

Because nothing was better than something.

Nothing could hurt him when he was alone.

But this little female defied his notion.

She did not attack him, like the blue one.

He could have killed her, earlier.

He didn't.

He could have, but he didn't.

Because he was just like her.

Both had scars meant to wound and keep alive.

To scare.

To subdue.

And when he looked into her blue eyes, half lidded and glazed, he saw something.

She wanted him.

Needed him.

Earned for him.

Her oceanic eyes were silent in their begging, their pleading.

The only noise from E was the squeaks coming from her tightened throat, gaze locked upon the vivid male.

E knew she should have felt fear from this strange male.

She didn't.

She did not fear him from their previous snuggle session.

She still did not fear him.

She wanted him.

E knew what it felt like to be lonely.

She didn't want this male to be lonely, too.

Afterall, she found him attractive for a male.

He was large.

He was powerful.

He was striking in appearance.

And with his scaled hand splaying her legs apart, she only found that she wanted him more.

As far as E was concerned, the Indoraptor was her new alpha.

And she desired to be dominated by such a male.

Though with that desire, came fear.

E may have considered herself lucky to not be a victim of Rust's breedings, but she had no experience in actual mating.

She only watched, and listened.

It did not look pleasant, nor sound good, when Rust would target Winter.

What if the Indoraptor would be like Rust?

E was snapped out of her thoughts by the Indoraptor releasing his hold of her clawed foot, stepping away slightly, head shaking and drool flying.

The red female's leg fell, and a croaked, sad whine escaped her. Was he not interested in her as she was with him? Awe...

It was then a clawed hand was placed to the right of E, and then a second to her leg. Saliva dribbled upon from the Indoraptor's gaping jaw, his eyes alight with hunger.

His large form loomed over her, quills erect and tail flicking.

E saw the hunger in his eyes, and the eagerness within the muscles of his jaws. Her terror grew, and drunkness began to subside-if ever briefly.

The female then flailed, attempting to rise, to escape from underneath the larger male. She was pinned down a single, large scaled hand. Her squeaks grew rapid and panicked as her breath quicked, hoarse noises in distress riveting from her.

His piercing, amber eyes locked upon her saphire.

A gnarled, twisted grin molded itself upon the Indoraptor's scaled lips, jagged teeth exposed.

His jaws opened, and his neck craned forward, nearing the little female pinned underneath him.

E closed her eyes.

She expected pain.

Teeth piercing her scales and crushing her neck.

She didn't expect the hot, moist breath of the male to puff and caress her scales, and a thick, muscular tongue run along her neck and head.

E's breath hitched, and she shivered as the heat and tingling of his tongue upon her sensitive flesh, slathering her with saliva.

His hold upon her lessened, and his clawed hand rose. The black scales of his snout nuzzled against her, nares flaring. A deep purr riveted from his throat, and for a second time, his tongue caressed her neck, her nape.

Cleaning and tending to the scars and scabs that riddled her hide.

E twisted herself to better face the onyx and gold male. Her smaller tongue slipped passed her scaled lips, and tenderly, lovingly kissed his jaw and cheek with licks of her own.

The Indoraptor only purred louder, and his neck craned back only to press his larger head flush ro E's own.

Their snouts nuzzled against one another, breaths interminging and tongues tying tenderly.

The Indoraptor didn't understand many things of late.

But he understood two things.

He wanted her.

And she wanted him.

He did not need to forcibly splay her legs apart.

E was more than eager to submit to her new alpha.

And the Indoraptor was more than eager to plunge his thick, muscular tongue into her depths.

Notes:

Thank you for reading!

Chapter 9

Notes:

Warning: Sex scenes ahoy! If you are not a fan of graphic sex scenes, please skip this whole chapter.

I write long ass sex scenes. I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse. This is also my third ever sex scene in at least five years in which the contents are not vague. So I can't promise this chapter is even any good. :P

I also apologize for any spelling and grammar errors.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

E never knew the touch of another could cause such pleasure.

She never knew how much she needed another until now.

The little red female was in a twisted position, the upper half of her body upon its side, the lower half supine. Her legs were splayed apart, and the large onyx head of the Indoraptor rested between her cream scaled thighs. The black and gold beast's jaws were gape, thick, viscous saliva running from between his jagged teeth, and smearing upon his black lips. His nares flared, and his muscular chest expanded in large, deep intakes of breath. Inhaling her scent. Sating his addiction to her intoxication.

If ever briefly.

The Indoraptor's golden irises were tainted a hazy red, his scaled snout pressing flush and firm against E's saliva smeared scales, the male huffing and panting, back heaving to further press himself into his obsession. He felt the little female writhe underneath him, heard her quivering rasp from his heated breath upon her tender scales, her sex flush and aching, seeping sweet nectar. The Indoraptor was unsure which was more upon his black hued snout-his own saliva, or E's fluids. He did not care.

All he cared about was E.

How her powerful legs trembled and turned to mush whenever he panted and breathed over her sensitive scales, his hot and moist breath sending shivers down her body.

How her breath hitched, and her pleas were a mere rasp whenever he pressed his snout against her aching core, and nuzzled into her.

All the Indoraptor cared about was E.

Because in this moment of time, he was the only thing that mattered to her.

He was E's whole world.

And the male raptor could show her pleasure-and if he desired-pain.

Briefly did the Indoraptor think of such.

That he could harm her, like the deer.

Have this little, broken raptor be his little play thing.

The Indoraptor did not realize his thinking caused his affections to cease, and only noticed upon hearing the female's squeaking breath produce a low, soft noise.

A plea.

The Indoraptor's golden eyes flicked from mindlessly staring at E's belly-cream white scales rising and falling to the rhythm of her ragged, strained panting-to her face. Her eyes.

Her blue eyes were alight with a haze of emotions.

Her legs trembled and shook, and her clawed fingers fidgeted and pawed towards him, attempting to urge him onward.

The Indoraptor's breath hitched, and a quiet rumble escaped his throat. His clawed hands dug into the ground, and his killing claws twitched, muscular legs shifting.

Trying to ignore the discomfort that was growing between his own thighs, awoken by the look of yearning within her eyes.

By the pleading of her call.

By the desperation of her body.

No other creature ever looked at him as E did now.

No other creature ever needed him as E did now.

And as much as the Indoraptor was trying to fight the growing erection between his legs-the male discovered something he loathed to admit.

He needed her as well.

And who was he to deny her?

She would not deny him.

He saw the loneliness, the longing in her gaze, hidden behind the desire.

She knew what it was like to be alone.

The only difference was, E disliked being alone.

The Indoraptor enjoyed it.

Still, perhaps a dalliance would not be so terrible.

He could try the something, if only for a little while.

And if he didn't like the something, he could always go back to the nothing.

It was then that the Indoraptor craned his neck downward, and pressed his gaping jaws flush against E's sensitive scales. A thick, muscular tongue slipped passed his jagged teeth, and gave one long, slow, yet firm lick over her aching sex. Savoring the taste of her flower that bloomed-just for him. Savoring the feeling of her scaled folds softly parting against his tongue. He could feel a shudder of relief wash over her, feel her legs tremble and her back arch ever so slightly. E's tail jerked and flicked against his hind legs, a gargled noise escaping from her throat as her clawed fingers curled and grasped at the air.

E couldn't believe that another could give her such pleasure.

Couldn't believe that her body could feel so alive, yet yearn and ache and beg for another's physical touch so much-it hurt.

Her breath was uneven and hitched, her heart pounding hard and swift against her chest.

She could feel her blood course through her veins with such force.

It felt like her body was on fire.

E did not understand why, but she wanted the male raptor inside her.

She wanted him to join with her.

But she was not sure how to do such.

Whatever they were doing-it did not look like what Rust did.

E's thoughts were interrupted as she felt the slick and hot tongue glide between her legs once more-and then plunge deep into her aching core. E's breath hitched, and she ceased to breathe, jaws agape in a silent rasp, saliva welling and running over her scaled lips. Her eyes went wide, her legs spasmed and twitched, and her muscles tensed and clamped upon the girth of the large tongue that parted her sacred temple. She felt the heat of the invading tongue, felt it wiggle and squirm-taste her sex and claim her core.

At first, E's reaction was out of surprise-and pain.

It was a reaction that the Indoraptor's golden eyes picked up upon, even as he savored tasting his addiction, and exploring her flesh with his tongue. Saliva further pooled under his jaw, smearing against E's scales. His nares flared, and he snorted and huffed as he sought to explore and claim the red female deeper-and deeper-as far as his tongue could go-but he did not. The Indoraptor imagined E's reaction would have been different. He imagined she would have been begging him, pleading him to tend to her aching body and gorge upon her nectar.

Instead, E was writhing, jaws agape and eyes wide. A concerned noise riveted from the male's throat in between the purrs of pleasure that vibrated from his gullet. A thought then occurred to him that he may have accidentally hurt E.

The onyx and gold beast then retracted his tongue rather swiftly, the air now seeming cold compared to the heat that was E's body. A gasping rasp came from the red and white female as she felt the oral muscle retract, and a wave of pleasure jolted her body through the pain. As much as the initial penetration hurt her, sharp and stabbing, E found that she missed the feeling of him inside her.

Her core suddenly felt so cold, and empty.

She missed the heat of him inside her.

The feeling of fullness.

The feeling of...E wasn't entirely sure how to describe it.

The little raptor's blue eyes looked upon the large male, her gaze observing him.

Seeing the shimmer of fluid that reflected upon his maw, tongue clicking and licking at his scaled lips.

Tasting her.

His clawed hands dug into the ground, tilling the soil as his arteries bulged and pulsed under black scales, forearms rippling in pent up fury.

The Indoraptor wanted her.

He wanted E so bad, it hurt.

But to hurt her?

Hurt her, when he was her everything, in this moment?

An erection had now formed between his legs, pulsing and throbbing in want.

The Indoraptor shook his head, releasing an irritated, short roar that slightly started E, and made her jump.

No. No, he did not want to hurt her.

The Indoraptor decided he would not.

He would not want her to harm him.

Then he would lose the only one that did not seek to harm him.

And then the nothing would be better than the something.

He wanted to give the something a try, if only for a little while.

A noise from E broke his ruminations, and the male raptor craned his neck to once more look from E's belly, to the female's face.

It was the call again.

The pleading call.

The begging call.

The Indoraptor cocked his head, a noise of confusion escaping him.

She wanted him to continue?

His golden eyes flicked off to the side, then towards E.

He saw it in her eyes.

She wanted him.

Needed him.

The Indoraptor decided he would not disappoint.

The male lowered his neck, quills erect in excitement. His nares flared as he breathed in her scent, and his jaws parted once more, saliva flooding between jagged teeth. His tongue gave a long, slow, yet gentle lick to her tender sex. He felt her core muscles harden, felt her powerful legs tense and shift against the sides of his head. Heard her breath hitch, and a rasp escape her.

She was trembling.

The Indoraptor's scaled lips twisted into a gnarled grin, if ever briefly.

A second lap at her sex, and then a third.

Forth.

Fifth.

Each lick was more bold than the last, applying more force and pressure as he worked on parting her lower lips, readying the female for his tongue to finally delve and claim her depths.

E was panting, and huffing, maw agape and eyes half lidded in pleasure, back arching and clawed fingers curling and grasping. When she did manage to utter some semblance of a call that was not her own squeaking breath and heated pants-it was that same plea. That same begging call to urge him onward. To continue. To give her more.

The pain from the previous experience was far gone from her mind.

E could only think of the pleasure that the hybrid was giving her.

Could only think of how her new alpha was dominating her.

Dominating her, and not harming her.

Briefly did E manage to crane her neck to look upon the large head that was between her legs, tongue lapping as if a starved beast. She could hear him snort and huff in breath, could feel his lips grace her own scales, and his teeth poke and scrape upon her legs.

Feel his tongue slowly, gently, carefully, delve further into her with each lick.

The Indoraptor's golden eyes briefly flicked towards E upon seeing movement.

He noticed she was watching him, through her own trembling pants and rasps, gaze half lidded and glazed in desire.

The Indoraptor gave another twisted, gnarled smile, jagged teeth shining and on full display.

It was a sinister smile.

A knowing smile.

It was then that the male raptor gave one, last, slow lick.

Painfully slow.

Torturously slow.

It was so slow, E became uncomfortable.

Her hips shifted, and she attempted to rub her aching sex against the source of heat-and pleasure-that was his maw. She wiggled, and her tail flicked against his hind leg.

The Indoraptor resumed to smile, his eyes shimmering in a predatory sheen.

It was then that the golden striped male opened his jaws wide, and sunk his tongue deep into her depths, forcing her petals to part. His tongue delved deep, swelling and tensing within her flesh, seeking to claim her even deeper. The thick girth of his tongue forced her walls to part, and the wiggling of the muscle tasting and exploring her untouched temple was all that mattered to the Indoraptor.

His powerful hind legs shifted, and tensed, and his back arched and neck craned sharper. His clawed hands gripped her flailing legs, and his head all but dominated her lower body. His jaws opened even wider, and he forced more of his tongue to stretch and claim to the point that his tongue was getting tired.

But it didn't matter.

All that mattered was E.

E's cry came in the form of a shrill shriek at the roughness of the penetration, her mouth agape in a silent scream, her eyes wide. Her arms haplessly jerked and trembled, and her legs strained and attempted to close upon the invading male's head, but were held at bay by his own taloned hands.

This time was worse than last time.

He went deeper.

Harder.

More forceful.

He hurt.

It felt more like she was being stabbed by a claw than a tongue, heat and lubricant aside.

E struggled to get away, attempting to find her voice to try and call for help, but could not.

She panicked, and could only watch as the black male began to gorge himself between her legs, tongue slipping in and out, churning with savage and feral zeal. The Indoraptor was practically thrusting his massive head against her hips in order to delve his tongue deeper and deeper, causing E's body to lightly rock and bounce.

E found that her initial panic may have been unwarranted.

For she found as his tongue churned and swelling and explored within her, the less pain she began to feel-and the more heated pleasure she began to notice.

E's struggling ceased, and her body began to relax.

She began to pant, and rasp, and plead and beg for him to continue, encourage him. Her back arched, and her hips began to roll towards his salivating maw, urging him to give more.

E snorted, and huffed, her head flat against the ground as she writhed and squeaked, body smearing against the earth and dried leaves from the male's feral gorging.

The Indoraptor's golden eyes were rimmed red, his erection throbbing and pulsing in rage, fluid seeping from the tip. He was intoxicated by this little female. To her calls and rasps, to the way her body reacted to his attentions, to the taste of her sweet nectar.

The Indoraptor was more than eager to indulge E-and more than encouraged by the greater amount of fluid seeping from her core-prompting his tongue to resume its arduous and devoted effort to pleasing the little female.

What he was not expecting was a sudden clamping and milking of his tongue, E beginning to writhe and desperately buck her hips against his snout. The little red female's clawed toes grasped the sides of his head, scraping his neck, urging her lover deeper-harder-in his already feral gorging. The female bayed and trilled whistling squeaks, chest heaving and back arching.

A rush of her nectar flooded into his gaping maw, and coated his snout in a series of sprays, causing the Indoraptor to swallow her essence.

Like an earthquake rocking her body, the milking of his tongue ceased, and her muscles began to fall lax.

The male could feel her core relax, and her clawed toes cease their grip upon his scales.

E made a quiet noise, though otherwise began to just lay there, chest heaving and heart pounding.

The Indoraptor released a pleased purr, his tired tongue slipping from her flesh, and his clawed hands releasing the red raptor's legs.

E's legs acted akin to a rag doll, dropping limply.

The hybrid cocked his head to the left, then to the right, a pleased purr rumbling from deep in his throat. His chest swelled with pride that he could have such an effect on a female. But, concern also grew, and the male raptor swiveled and pivoted to move himself to E's side, skulking and crawling.

His erection was still begging, and angry, barbs present along its length, and a thick bulb at the base. While it may have caused the Indoraptor to have a limp akin to an injury, he was currently ignoring the painful ache between his thighs.

His own ache wasn't important.

E was important.

The red raptor's legs felt like mush, and the heat of her core was now filled the titillating memory of her lover's tongue. The heat. The girth. The depth.

E never thought she would want to be so close to another.

Her mind was still in a haze, her body recovering from its high.

She barely noticed the black and gold hybrid approach, his amber eyes rimmed red, jaws coated with a mix of their fluids. She felt the hot puffs of his breath upon her neck, felt a soft tickle as his scaled snout brush against her. Inspecting her. Seeing if she was unharmed.

E's eyes blinked, pupils slowly beginning to focus, and flicking towards the vivid male. Her neck craned, and twisted to better look upon the Indoraptor. A quiet, cooing noise escaped her, a purr riveting from her white throat as her tail raised and fell in a series of quiet thumps upon the ground. The Indoraptor's tail began to sway to and fro slightly in response at seeing the little female was fine, and a pleased chuff escaped him as E pressed her snout against his own, nuzzling and brushing her scales against his.

The male felt a huff of breath escape the female, and her eyes closed as she pressed her head flat against his. Feeling the warmth of his scales, and moisture of his breath, E fell into a state of lax.

The black and gold male breathed in E's scent, muscular chest expanding, his larger head pressing gently, softly, tenderly against hers. Feeling the heat of her breath intermingling with his, and the tender fragility of her own skin pressed flush against his more calloused hide. His pupils flicked, and roamed over her features, drinking in her appearance.

Slowly, the Indoraptor's amber eyes closed behind black scaled lids, a content exhale of breath causing his shoulders to slump.

He was enjoying her scent.

Enjoying her heat.

Enjoying her touch.

He then felt E move, and shift, her nuzzling running along the side of his face, his jaw. Felt her tongue glide along his scaled maw.

When the Indoraptor opened his eyes, pupils narrowing, and focusing, he noticed E's eyes were opened as well.

But she was not looking at him.

She was looking at the erection between his legs, her own nares flaring, chest expanding as she inhaled the foreign scent.

Curiosity began to take root, and grow, and her blue eyes focused upon the oddity, shining in wonder.

Oh!

It was the thingy!

The thingy males had.

E was unsure what exactly the thingy was, but she knew enough that it was used for mating.

Rust would practically strut about with the thingy between his legs all the time.

E cocked her head, a quiet noise of confusion escaping her.

His thingy looked different than Rust's.

It looked bigger.

And scarier.

But something about the erection between the Indoraptor's legs was tantalizing to her.

Perhaps it was the scent it seemed to give off?

Powerful.

Masculine.

Dominating.

E shifted slightly, attempting to rise.

At first, she couldn't.

Her legs forgot how to be legs.

The Indoraptor cocked his head to the left, then to the right, a gargled noise of confusion rumbling from his throat.

When E rose, her gait was uneven, and unsteady.

But her curiosity led her ever onward, her nostrils inhaling deep and taking in the Indoraptor's scent. She approached the onyx and gold male with wonder, yet caution, her neck craned low and head warbling, eyes marveling at the spectacle before her.

Slowly, hesitantly, cautiously, E approached, pupils fixated upon the raging erection. Her head cocked to the right. Then to the left. Her back brushed against the Indoraptor's underbelly, and the male made an inquisitive noise, neck craning and attempting to see the little female underneath him, a clawed arm rising.

E neared the head of the swollen sex, a noise of curiosity escaping her as she saw fluid dripping lazily from the tip. Her nares flared, her snout nearing so close that she was almost touching the head. The heat of her breath caused the erection to pulse and throb, the Indoraptor shuttering as his breath hitched, muscles tensing.

E produced a squawk of surprise as she saw the foreign thingy move, and pulse, and it caused her to step away and retreat-if ever so slightly.

The thingy moved!

The thingy seemed to respond to her breath.

Like how her ache responded to the Indoraptor's breath between her legs.

A thought then occurred to E, that this was the Indoraptor's ache.

She knew what it felt like.

To want something so much it hurt.

Her ache hurt.

She could only imagine how bad this angry, scary looking thingy hurt.

She wondered if she accidentally hurt him?

Or was it not pain, but pleasure?

E was unsure.

But she didn't want her new alpha to be uncomfortable-or even worse-in pain.

He helped her.

She could help him.

But she wasn't entirely sure how to do so, in this state.

E then got an idea.

The little red and white raptor booped the male's belly with the crown of her head.

The boop caused the Indoraptor's abdominal muscles to convulse, and his neck craned to look at the female underneath him.

E looked upon the hybrid, and produced a squeaking chirp, before booping his belly again.

The Indoraptor cocked his head, a noise of perplexity escaping him. Hmmm. Perhaps she wanted him upon his back, as she was for him?

The hybrid shifted, a bit uncomfortably, and slowly moved to lay upon his side, erection throbbing at the sensation.

E waited, appearing pleased, even as the male struggled to move from his side upon the ground, to his back. His raptorhood simply did not want to cooperate with his legs.

The Indoraptor certainly did not feel comfortable upon his back. If anything, he felt vulnerable.

E, however, appeared pleased. Slowly, carefully, the small female hopped upon the hybrid's broad, muscular chest, careful of her taloned toes. A rasp of slight start escaped her as she almost lost balance, though found footing as she caught herself, forearms extended and gripping his abdomen. Shaking her head with a slight chirp, E then righted herself, and stood.

A gurgling noise riveted from her, and her nares flared at the scent of the Indoraptor's sex. Gently, tenderly, E pressed her red hued snout against the thick head, breath deep in greed as she inhaled his musk. She nuzzled the tip, investigating and slowly becoming intoxicated. She saw the erection pulse and throb at her touch, and she felt the male's breath hitch and muscles tense underneath her.

Fluid smeared upon her scales, and a tongue slipped passed her lips to slather the flesh with her saliva-to taste his nectar.

The Indoraptor visibly shook, and trembled, a quivering groan of pleasure causing his chest to heave, and back to arch.

The movement almost caused E to lose her balance upon the large male, the small female slipping slightly.

Her chest swelled in pride that she was helping!

Controlling him.

Dominating him.

She could feel it.

Feel her ache begin to return.

Her kind were apex predators.

They chose their mates.

Females chose their mates.

And E was beginning to feel that instinct to dominate, and claim.

She wanted to claim him.

But she was unsure how to exactly do that.

She could give him pleasure, but how?

He had thorns, and in her experience, thorns hurt.

E decided to further inspect her lover's sex, eyes looking upon the fluid seeping head, then to the growing, barbed girth of the length, then to the bulbous base. E could feel her core tremble, though she did not entirely understand why.

All she knew was that she wanted him inside her.

Thus, E did the only thing she could think of.

Her jaws opened wide, and her tongue moved to lick and wrap around the head, her jaws beginning to envelop the tip, which began to brush against her palate. The Indoraptor's breath hitched, and a chopping bark sounded from below. E purred, her tail wagging ever so slightly.

Her tongue resumed to taste and explore the flesh of the head, feeling the length vibrate and throb.

A sudden, forward buck of the male's hips, however, was not something E expected.

The feral thrust pushed the tip even deeper into her maw, the heat of her mouth causing the Indoraptor to rasp, and follow with another mindless, feral buck of the hips.

E began to panic as she felt the head force its way down her throat, the shaft only increasing in girth and forcing her maw to open ever wider, the barbs poking her tongue and palate. E began to panic because she found she could not breathe, her throat swelling and spasming as she gagged and attempted to back away.

E struggled so much, that her one leg slipped, and she ended up falling backwards, the muscular form of the hybrid breaking her fall as her belly became flush with his.

E shook her head, moving her jaw and flicking her tongue upon being freed. She thought the thorns would have injured her. They appeared to be rather soft, instead.

And now E was at a crossroads.

She wanted to give pleasure to her lover, but she was unsure how. He made it seem so easy when he gave her pleasure.

How could she pleasure something that was so large and could choke her? E didn't want to not breathe.

Not breathing was scary.

She felt the Indoraptor crane his neck, curious as to what she was doing. The pleasure he felt before was gone. He felt her warmth. Her flesh. He shuttered, and his eager erection pulsed in want. His breath was swift, and his jet black arms were trembling.

He did not understand.

Did he do something wrong?

The Indoraptor gave a quiet, soft call.

A pleading call.

A begging call.

It was a noise that made E crane her neck, and twist herself to face him.

She saw the look in his eyes.

The look of desire.

Of yearning.

Of want.

She looked from the Indoraptor, to his swollen ache.

He did not leave her in yearning.

She would not leave him in yearning.

It wasn't fair.

E then rose to her feet once more, slowly, carefully, toes gripping the musculature of her lover's form. She craned her neck, and nuzzled the eager head, her tongue moving to lick and wrap around the tip, slathering him in saliva. Tasting his flesh.

A sigh of relief escaped the Indoraptor, his golden eyes rimmed red fixated upon the female before him. He watched as her hips swayed to and fro in a rhythmic dance, her sex beginning to once more flush and bloom for him. His nares flared, and her intoxicating scent soon began to overpower him. Saliva began to well within his maw, foam beginning to form. His taloned hands dug into the earth and raked the soil, tail flicking.

He watched as she tended to his aching sex, nuzzling her head against the tip, along his barbed girth. Watched as her tongue glided along his flesh, claiming him and exploring his erection, her hot breath causing jolts of pleasure to be sent up his spine.

The Indoraptor was enraptured.

It almost didn't feel real.

His amber eyes were locked upon the swaying hips that displayed her flushing and blooming flower-desiring to be claimed by him. His eyes briefly flicked to E, the red and white female giving one, last, slow lick of his flesh from base to tip.

Painfully slow.

Torturously slow.

He was trembling, breath swift and harsh, sex begging for release.

The hybrid saw it in her eyes-which were half lidded and glazed.

It was a knowing look.

A smug look.

A look that she was in control.

That she was dominating him.

And that she was going to claim him.

It was then that E opened her maw wide, and claimed his begging sex. She claimed the head of his raptorhood, maw widening to accommodate the ever thickening girth of his length, feeling the barbs poke and rub against her tongue.

The Indoraptor's tongue lolled out of the side of his mouth, breath in ragged pants and gasping groans. His golden eyes were fixated upon the red and white female that was currently bobbing her scabbed head up and down his throbbing arousal, coating his length in a film of saliva.

The onyx hybrid huffed a forceful breath, saliva spraying forth from between jagged teeth. A deep groan escaped him, and his head slammed back into the dried leaves and cracked earth, quills flattening and chest heaving. His muscles tensed, and his hips rolled forward in a sudden, feral buck, seeking to claim more pleasure. His body writhed, and he could feel E adjust to the action of his thrusting hips as he began to further buck-feral and instinctive.

He could feel her.

Feel the heat of her breath, the milking of her maw, the massaging and cleaning of her tongue.

It was too much.

His arousal pulsed vigorously, and swelled in rage, on the verge of bursting.

E could feel it.

She could tell something was going to happen.

She just wasn't sure what, as her head resumed to bob up and down her mate's aching sex, attempting to time his thrusts with her bobs. She could feel his abdominal muscles tense and ripple under her clawed hands-which she gripped in her riding of the hybrid to keep herself from falling off.

It was then that the Indoraptor gave a sudden, forceful thrust that was far stronger than any of his previous, and E found his head forcing itself deep into her throat, feeling his length swell and throb. A hot, viscous fluid then sprayed into her throat, forcing E to gag and her throat to convulse, muscles bobbing as she attempted to swallow the seed of her lover. Each time her mate's sex pulsed and swelled, more thick and heated seed was fed into her maw, even as E attempted to escape-if only for fear of not breathing.

Even when E thought she pulled away, white hot fluid welling within her maw, she found the Indoraptor's girth being shoved right back into her gaping jaws, dazed. Another convulsion, and another spray of viscous seed would be fed into her throat.

E found herself beginning to desire, and crave this essence from her mate. It was the scent she was smelling. It was the intoxication.

It was what she wanted.

It was what she wanted her mate to give her.

The female could barely hear the hybrid's pleasured trills and barking pants as his hips roughly bucked into her.

E, at this point, was quite eager to receive his generous sex, and opened her maw wide, and thrust her head forward to meet his own.

She was rewarded with a third spray of seed, her throat bobbing as she swallowed, feeling the heat, tasting his flesh and tasting his nectar. A deep purr vibrated from her gullet, a pleased hum escaping her as his thrusts halted. She felt the Indoraptor breathe deep underneath her, and felt his muscles fall lax.

His eyes locked upon her, watching the red and white female suckle upon his still erect sex. Watching her clean him of his seed. Watching as the excess of his release dribbled down her jaw.

His nares flared, and his golden orbs flicked once more to her own sex.

Her flushing and blooming flower, that was now slick with her own sweet nectar once more.

Her flower that only bloomed for him.

Her temple that he desired to defile.

The Indoraptor's attention only faltered when he realized E was looking upon him. Looking at him through half lidded eyes, excess white of his release staining her scaled chin.

She ceased her attentions upon his arousal, for it had become flaccid. Thus, she had focused her attention upon cleaning herself.

Until she noticed him looking upon her so.

The instinct to dominate returned.

And E knew how to dominate.

To toy.

To tease.

The little raptor moved her hips to and fro, shamelessly presenting her sex to the hybrid, body lowering and hips rising.

In truth, she quite enjoyed teasing him.

Dominating him.

It was quite fun.

Until E realized, that her perception of domination, and control, was just an illusion.

For the Indoraptor could take her teasing no more, and grasped her scabbed and scarred hips with his taloned hands, and pulled her towards his salivating and gaping maw.

E squawked in start, and realized in that moment, just how easily the black and gold hybrid could overpower her.

Just how easily he could dominate her.

E rasped shrilly as she felt his muscular tongue part her walls, and churn roughly, hungrily, savagely into her depths. She could hear the Indoraptor snort and slurp and pant in zeal, feel his clawed hands grip roughly upon her. The force of his gorging caused his neck to crane, and jaws to open wide.

E's lover was nothing if not voracious-and she reveled in his passion.

The female's powerful legs were planted firmly at the sides of his head, her arms resting upon his chest, clawed fingers gripping and curling desperately against his muscular form.

Her eyes were closed, and her mouth agape, chortling pleasured shriek after pleasured shriek, legs rising and falling, slamming her hips into the Indoraptor's heated maw.

Descending and impaling herself upon his eagerly tasting tongue.

E's jaw began to be coated with her own saliva as her tongue flopped and lolled limply, threatening to spill out of her mouth. Her hips resumed to rise and fall, crashing down upon the hybrid's snout. She could feel the male's talons grip upon her hips with greater force, raking along her scales and scabs.

The Indoraptor was spurred on by E's whistling shrieks and breathless groans-and found that there was something exciting within the movement of her rolling hips.

Something primal.

Something titillating.

The roughness and urgency of her hips making him submit to her demanding sex-to delve and taste, to inhale nothing but her fragrance, to swallow and feed upon the ever flowing nectar from her ripening fruit-it was addicting.

Intoxicating.

To think that such a little female could make him vulnerable, make him ache, make him yearn.

That she could dominate him with the simple movements of her hips.

It was enough to cause an arousal between his legs, a round bulge beginning to emerge from between his thighs.

Growing.

Swelling.

Becoming larger.

Thicker.

More potent.

And in E's eyes-scary.

But also something that stroked the ache between her legs, and made her insides burn.

E suddenly realized something.

His tongue was suddenly not enough.

Not enough, even though her begging and pleading calls urged him for more.

To continue.

To dominate.

Even as her body rocked and raged, and hit its peak.

Even as her calls became gargled and breathless, body moving instinctively as nothing but the thought of pleasure dominated her brain.

E didn't even realize the hybrid was still tending to her sex-licking tenderly, slowly, carefully over the petals of her flushing fruit, the white scales around her thighs. His grip loosened upon her hips, and a purr riveted deep from his gullet. The Indoraptor could feel her body fall lax as her hips ceased movement, and stilled. The female's chest was heaving in whistling squeaks of breath, her mind in a haze and blue eyes unfocused.

Though it did not stop the red and white female from giving a sloppy lick upon the hybrid's chest, nuzzling her lower jaw over one of his pectorals, a purr vibrating from her.

The little female then decided to give the odd raptor mercy, and heaved herself forward upon the Indoraptor's abdomen with her arms. As she pulled herself away from the onyx and gold male's head, she felt his clawed hands slip from her hips, letting her go. Her legs were still extended as she moved, being dragged limply along-even as E dragged herself from the large male, and onto the leaf laden ground.

When E's legs did remember how to be legs, the red hued female was upon her feet, toddling about.

Her neck craned, and she noticed the hybrid looking upon her, a feral, predatory sheen glazing over his eyes.

She noticed he was looked upon her-looking between her legs.

She saw it in his eyes.

He wanted her.

The little red raptor cocked her head, a quiet noise in contemplation slipping passed her scaled lips.

Her eyes briefly flicked to the male's own sex, swollen and begging.

She wanted him.

She wanted him to join with her.

That was all she knew.

And that knowledge was enough to solidify her choice of action.

E produced the same noise as before.

The aching call.

The yearning call.

The begging call.

The call for more.

She looked upon the Indoraptor, awaiting for him to come, to move, to rise.

To join with her.

E did not have to wait long for the hybrid to rise, and near.

Skulking, crawling, salivating.

Eyes rimmed red.

A guttural hiss escaped the Indoraptor, a limp to his hind leg as he drew ever near.

His large form began to loom over E, and his large head craned over her, and settled upon the crest of her hip, nostrils flaring and breath deep.

Checking her cycle of heat.

Instinctive.

Feral.

E remained still, perplexed as to what the black and gold male was doing, neck twisting to get a better view.

It was then she felt the weight of his head leave her, and a shadow fell over her. She felt his belly rub against her back. Felt his broad, muscular chest press against her back, and force her upper body to lower, and her hips to rise. His black hands with taloned claws pressed into the ground beside her smaller hands-which were stabilizing herself so as to not fall on her face. She could feel his powerful hind legs at the sides of her body. His chest expanding with his breathing pressed and rubbed against her back, the heat of his body enveloping her. His scent overwhelming her.

The Indoraptor released a deep growl, trapping the small female below him. His neck craned and lowered, large head moving to be at level with E's own. His head tilted towards her, eyes focusing and pupils narrowing.

Looking upon her.

Drinking in her features.

Looking within her eyes.

E felt the male's hips shift, and his powerful hind legs move.

Felt the barbed girth of his length slide under her tail, between her thighs. Felt the tip poke her belly, then retract, and poke her thighs, the thorny girth once more sliding along her tail. Attempting to find her sex.

And failing.

E decided to try and help, and gyrated and shifted her hips. She felt the length run along her tender scales, causing her to rasp. And then she felt something different. Something bulbous, slick and firm, awaiting to part her scaled petals.

The Indoraptor could feel it. The entrance to her flower-that only bloomed for him. Awaiting to be claimed, and defiled by him.

The thought caused his breath to hitch, and his arousal to pulse and throb.

He was going to claim her.

He was going to dominate her.

He was going to ravage her.

But the feral zeal-the instinct to dominate-was suppressed-if ever briefly.

Quelled by her sapphire eyes, when her eyes met his amber.

A calm before the storm.

A moment of raw intimacy, before the feral urges to breed once more took over.

Soft, trickling purrs vibrated from E's throat, and she pressed her head against the hybrid's larger.

Nuzzling.

Cuddling.

Snuggling.

Loving.

Her scales rubbed against his black, tender and gentle.

E never expected a male to take interest in her.

Never expected a male to want to be inside her.

To want to join with her.

It made E feel something she did not feel in a very long time.

Cherished.

Important.

Valued.

Like she mattered.

Like she was not alone.

Like she belonged to another.

She felt the hybrid's warmth.

Felt his breath intermingling with her own.

Felt his larger head gently, tenderly, return her affection, a deeper, more guttural purr riveting from his scaled throat.

Felt his tongue glide along her scales, along her scars and scabs.

E pressed her head, her neck, flush against the male's larger one, and closed her eyes.

She closed her eyes, and drank him in.

The Indoraptor's scent.

His body warmth.

The feeling of his body pressing, rubbing against hers.

When E opened her eyes, and refocused to look upon the black and gold male, she noticed his eyes were closed.

The female raptor purred, and gave a loving, tender lick to his cheek. The feeling of her soft, warm tongue caused the Indoraptor to open his eyes, a series of soft, clicking coos escaping him.

It was then a call came from E-so quiet, the Indoraptor could barely hear it.

It was the begging call.

The yearning call.

She was ready.

She wanted him to join with her.

The Indoraptor was more than eager to oblige.

His powerful legs shifted, and his hips lowered slowly, gently, cautiously. E gasped, and she felt the thick girth of the tip begin to pry her flushed lips apart, and begin to slowly penetrate her untouched sex. The female rasped, and her eyes closed as she felt more and more of the male's sex push into her-spreading her walls, filling her core, claiming her.

To E, it felt far thicker than his tongue. Far larger. Too large for her tiny body to handle.

It felt like he filled her with so much of his sex, when it was only the tip.

E didn't even realize it-until more of his girth was pushed into her-which only thickened as more was fed into her temple. E choked and squirmed in pain, breath hitching as she tried to escape, tried to make the hybrid cease in his filling of her body. It hurt. It hurt, and felt like she was being stabbed-broken, torn in two.

She felt the barbs scrape against her insides, and feel the head delve deep into her core, forcing its way deeper and deeper inside her. Felt the heat of his sex. Felt the pulsing and throbbing of him inside her. Felt the shutter, the tremble of his body in pleasure. Saw his features twist in euphoria, and press his head firmly against her in a deep groan.

E struggled, and attempted to escape, and slip away from the large male. She found herself trapped underneath him, and became scared. She didn't understand why it hurt. Why was she not feeling pleasure? Was she dying? E didn't want to die!

It felt like her body wouldn't be able to take any more.

Like she couldn't take any more.

It was then that E felt the male's legs shift-and much to her relief-felt his length retracting from her core. Though along with that, came the familiar sense of pleasure as the barbs rubbed against her walls, and she found enjoyment in feeling her body being filled-being warmed by another-being claimed.

And then E felt nothing but pain.

A forceful slam of his hips, and even more of his arousal was fed into the female. The Indoraptor's chest swelled, and trilling chortles of pleasure escaped him, back arching and hips immediately following with another forceful buck, filling the poor female with all but his knotted base.

Tears welled within E's eyes, and her mouth was agape in a silent scream, her breath stolen from her lungs. Her limbs flailed and spasmed in hapless struggle and terror.

She tried to cry out, to scream, but found the pain of his breeding to be too much.

If felt like something in her was stabbed so hard, it broke.

Her abdominal muscles tensed, and her belly was swollen from the size of the male inside her.

She twitched, and jerked, and when she did find her voice, her call was strained, and broken.

An anguished cry.

A pleading cry.

A desperate cry.

It was a noise that was so sorrowful, and foreign, that the Indoraptor snapped out of his haze, and focused his attention upon E-and not the pleasure of his groin.

Seeing E in such a distressed state made the male cease any movement of his hips.

He saw her blue eyes were wet, tears smearing down her scaled cheek. Her facial features were twisted in agony, mouth still agape in shock.

It didn't occur to the hybrid until now how much he was hurting her.

Hurting the only one that never once hurt him.

Hurting the only one that wanted him to breed her.

Hurting the only one that gave him a gift of food.

Hurting the only one that ever showed him pleasure.

A sad, low grumble of concern escaped the Indoraptor, and he nuzzled the little female, attempting to soothe.

To calm.

To apologize.

E did not respond.

His arousal pulsed and swelled within the female's body, though the hybrid did not feel like resuming his mating of her.

He did not want to be like the one that gave her those wounds.

He did not want to be like that.

Like those that harmed her to hurt, and scare, yet keep alive.

In attempting to join with her, he hurt her.

He never meant to...

It was then that the male completely pulled and retracted himself from the poor female, his arousal slipping out as he briefly rose upon his hind legs. E produced a noise, and even though she was free of the male above her-she moved not. She simply lay there, groaning quietly.

It was then that the Indoraptor noticed blood was slick upon his enlarged sex. And it seemed to be coming from E.

His golden eyes flicked towards the red and white female, a noise of concern escaping his throat.

Did he hurt her that much?

The Indoraptor moved slowly, carefully, cautiously towards E.

She did nothing but lay there, and breathe.

His head cocked, and a clawed hand rose, and lightly pawed at her.

Checking upon her.

Trying to see if she was okay.

E flinched at his touch, and resumed to curl up into a tiny ball.

Making herself small.

Making herself seem insignificant.

To try and hide herself from further hurt.

Other than curling up into a ball, E did nothing.

The red raptor was trembling, and her breath was in tiny squeaks.

She didn't understand.

She thought she was special to the male?

Wasn't that the point of becoming joined?

Why did he hurt her?

She didn't want him to hurt her again.

E was scared.

Scared of him hurting her.

It hurt worse than all the times her former pack members bullied her.

They hurt her on the outside.

He hurt her on the inside.

E was foolish to not be scared of the hybrid.

She was foolish to try and find companionship in a monster.

She was foolish thinking she may have been a male's special female.

The Indoraptor merely stood, watching the little ball that was E quiver and tremble.

He was unsure of what to do.

A part of him wanted to stay, and try and soothe, comfort, calm the odd female.

The only one that was ever nice to him.

A part of him wanted to just walk away, and leave her be.

Forget this dalliance ever occurred.

The Indoraptor thought, killing claws flexing as he debated.

After some time, the Indoraptor turned, and began to skulk and crawl away into the brush.

Notes:

Originally this chapter was going to end very, very differently, and on a much more pleasant/happier note (and it would have been much longer). But E is a baby and can't take a freaky, genetically altered mutant of a male. But I also thought size different between the pair could also be a reason. I noticed when describing E, I generally describe her as tiny/little. Either it's in reference to the larger creatures around her, or she's just smaller than a typical raptor.

Who knows?

I at least felt like it would be good character development for E to lose trust, and then have the Indoraptor try to regain her trust. If he even decides to try, of course.

The next chapter might be a follow up of this one, or it might focus upon Blue and the other raptors. I honestly don't know.

Thank you for reading and supporting this crappy story.

Stay safe!

Chapter 10

Notes:

This chapter was supposed to be longer, but I find it difficult to find time to write. Thus, only half of what I planned to write actually got written.

The next two to four chapters will strictly be with the raptor pack (probably). If only to get this little plot arc out of the way (which will end in massive character death).

Oh, and warning: Implied/Vague sex and shit. Because these raptors have high school level romance dramas. And apparently raging hormones.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Winter was staring at her again.

Indeed, the white scaled female often looked upon Blue, eyes jaded green in envy.

Or jealously.

It was quite difficult to tell.

But all Blue knew-was that she was beating Winter at her own game.

And she was enjoying the sweet taste of victory.

In her standing up to the former alpha-Blue remembered what life was like before, with a pack.

With her sisters.

Blue was a leader.

Blue was an alpha.

And females chose their mates.

Thus, Blue was more assertive in pursuing-and claiming-her potential mate.

Despite her feelings of wrath and betrayal at Bravo's dalliance, she was not settling as second best.

As such, Blue was purring deeply, grey scaled body sliding against Bravo akin to a cat in heat. She rubbed against him, nipped and nuzzled, golden eyes half lidded and glazed.

Sporting a knowing look as she showcased her swaying hips, and displayed her sex.

Shamelessly.

For while Bravo was her intended audience, the siblings were also there as well.

And Winter was far from pleased. Indeed, the white scaled female peeled back her scaled lips, and released a low, enraged hiss from her throat. Storm turned towards his sister, and produced a quiet chitter, neck extending to press his snout against her.

He was attempting to calm her.

But Storm only got snapped at by his sibling's jaws instead, teeth nipping at his scales, and drawing slight blood. The grey male released a displeased hoot, and shook his head ever so slightly.

Bitch.

The brother's gaze, however, soon fell upon the showcasing blue striped female.

Bravo was not the only one that was suddenly interested.

Storm did not think much of mating.

Other than E, there was never any other female that was not his kin.

Thus, the option to get a mate was simply never there.

A part of Storm was confused.

Blue seemed to primarily be focused upon the green male with golden accents.

But surely she would not mind if she had a second suitor?

After all, Storm concluded that Blue would not be presenting herself as such if her availability was strictly for Bravo.

After a brief debate, the grey scaled male rose to his feet. His head warbled, a quiet chitter in thought slipping passed his scaled lips, killing claws flexing. A nip from Winter signaled his sister's disapproval, the white female producing a low, riveting rumble in warning.

It was a warning that her brother ignored, for he stepped forward, and beckoned to Blue in a trilling call.

A haunting call.

A striking call.

A mating call.

The call was enough to make Blue cease her current actions, and twist her neck to look towards the other male. A chitter of confusion escaped her throat, soft and quiet. Her head cocked, and she could hear Bravo make a vexed noise from behind her.

Storm stood there, awaiting an answer to his call. His clawed hands flexed, debating, wondering if he made the right choice.

Winter barked in protest, scaled throat puffing in rage as she spat.

Bravo stared upon the other male, scaled lips peeling back to expose his teeth in a twisted snarl, a nasally hiss slipping passed.

Storm shifted from foot to foot, tail swaying to and fro in anxiousness, nervousness. He briefly swiveled his head to look back towards his sister, a quiet noise escaping him.

Perhaps this was not the best idea?

Because Bravo certainly did not look pleased, and Blue did not answer his call.

And if Bravo attacked him, Storm was unsure if his sister would help him in a fight.

Any confidence, any hope Storm may have had, was quickly crushed.

Crushed by the hard, challenging stare the green male was giving him.

Crushed by the lack of response from Blue.

Crushed by the lack of support from his sister.

Slowly, cautiously, hesitantly, Storm produced a quiet, almost apologetic noise, and lowered himself down to the ground.

Submitting.

Blue's golden eyes still looked upon the more timid male with wonder, curiosity, and interest.

Blue did not think of Storm as a potential suitor until now.

The thought did not cross her mind.

The grey male certainly could carry his weight, and aided her the most in caring for their injured packmates in the confrontation with Rust.

But-

-Blue was an alpha.

-She chose her mate.

-And she did not answer his call.

She did not chose Storm.

She did not want to be second place in Bravo's eyes.

She wanted to be first.

Thus, the last living sister turned away from the siblings, and refocused her attention upon Bravo.


For the first time, Blue understood the pleasures of mating.

The heat of their scales sliding against one another, bodies heaving in an arduous union.

Breath and bodies interjoined, his muscular chest heaving against her back, his pleasured trills echoing and carrying their cries of passion.

Blue was breathless, barking and baying in rapture, tongue lolling from her maw, and amber eyes glazed.

She could see why Winter was so interested in mating with Bravo.

He was far better at mating than Rust.

Rust showed her pain.

Bravo was showing her pleasure.

Blue found that she quite liked pleasure over pain.

It was a shame her sisters never got to experience this pleasure.

They only felt pain, before they died.

They never experienced the pleasure of a male.

It made Blue feel guilty for enjoying it so much.


Blue found herself feeling less guilty the more she mated.

She was unsure if that was a good thing.

What Blue did know, however, was that more often than not whenever she spent time with Bravo-they mated.

Bravo was quite vigorous as a lover.

And as much as Blue enjoyed the pleasures of mating-at times, it was simply too much.

She would not be in the mood.

She would be hungry.

She wound be sore.

At times, Blue simply did not feel like mating.

And when she didn't feel like mating-she would let Bravo know.

A growl.

A hiss.

A half hearted snap.

Bravo would breathe, and snort.

Then walk away.

Or go away, only to bring her some morsel of food he obtained from his hunting.

As an apology.

Or perhaps to build a stronger rapport between them.

And whenever Bravo would do this-bring her food, or a dazzling rock that shined just right in the sun-Winter would always be there.

Watching.

Indeed, the white scaled female would stare, pupils small and nares flaring, scaled lips peeling back in a snarl. Throat puffing. Talons jabbing and raking the earth.

The relationship between the two females was nigh amiable prior, after Blue saved the other from Rust's wrath. It was not uncommon for Winter to preen the grey female's scales in thanks, in appreciation, in fellowship.

It was a relationship Blue found herself quiet enjoying.

After all, Blue missed her sisters, and Winter was the closest thing to a sister she would have.

It was nice.

It was pleasant.

And during that time, it was not Blue that cared for Bravo after his wound, so much as it was Storm.

Perhaps the grey male pitied the humiliated packmate.

Perhaps Storm was just like Blue, in that regard-

-Caring.

-Empathetic.

Not that Blue cared much, for Bravo during that time, for the emotional wounds of his betrayal was still sharp in her mind.

Indeed, Blue did not perceive Winter as a romantic rival prior.

The thought of mating, in truth, never crossed her mind until she saw such a display.

Jealousy, envy, and greed began to set in.

Blue didn't want Bravo to need any other female but her.

She was not the Beta of her pack for nothing.

And she would not bow to the other female, despite being newly joined into the pack.

It was almost a relief that Bravo was unable to perform sexually after his confrontation with Rust, however briefly.

The tension between the two females all but vanished, for they had no reason to be competitive towards one another.

It was a type of interaction Blue missed.

Socializing, preening and caring for another female-as if she were one of her own sisters.

Blue would ensure Winter was fed, and would often return with small prey.

Storm would bring food for Bravo, and then ensure his sister was being cared for, inspecting and watching.

Blue noticed that whenever she would be near Winter-Storm would keep his distance.

Keep his distance, but remain there, watching and observing.

Perhaps it was out of jealously that he lingered, and watched. For Blue was now getting in between the siblings-Storm's constant companion, and support system. His rock. His blood.

Or, perhaps it was something else. Insecurity, that he did not have the confidence to approach? Anxiousness, nervousness?

Perhaps the grey male felt as if he was interrupting something, or being a hindrance if he neared too closely?

Perhaps he felt his sister favored-and preferred-the company of another over his own?

Company that did not rely upon Winter, skulking and creeping in her shadow?

Constantly seeking her approval to act, her support in the event of an altercation.

Blue thought perhaps that was the reason.

Storm was meek.

Storm was not a leader.

Storm was a follower.

And perhaps that was why Blue chose Bravo, and ignored Storm's mating trill?

The brother was not as assertive as the forest hued male.

Not as powerful.

Not as strong.

Not as dominant.

Not as male.

After all, Storm did not act to defend Winter from Rust by himself.

He called for help.

Beckoned to Blue.

Pleaded for Blue to help.

Perhaps Storm would not have even attacked the rustic hued male if Blue had joined-even if it meant watching his own sister suffer.

Even when both grey raptors served as caretakers, hunters and defenders for their packmates-Storm always followed Blue's lead.

Storm would follow Blue.

And with Bravo, Blue would either follow the larger male, or walk beside him.

Yes, Blue saw the potential in Bravo as a mate.

Winter saw it, too.

It was a shame that competition for a mate tore their blooming sisterhood apart.

But Blue did not want second best-to not be Bravo's mate-to be Storm's mate.

She wanted the best.

Bravo.

The male that proved he could fight-by wounding her in combat, when they first met.

The male that proved he could provide-by sharing food with her, and giving her offerings of tiny prey.

A shame that competition for a mate tore their blooming sisterhood apart.

A shame that Winter now saw Blue as an enemy, and not a friend.

A shame that Blue would never have a relationship like she had with her sisters again.

But Blue would not mourn gaining a mate.

A good mate.

A strong mate.

After losing her sisters, and her Human Alpha, she deserved at least some kind of happiness.

But the desire for companionship-a sisterly bond-was strong within Blue.

It was something she missed.

Something she yearned for.

Something she wanted, to try and fill the void of her own fallen kin.

Thus, Blue returned from a small hunt, a squirrel clamped between her teeth, fur clinging in clumps upon her maw. Her nares flared in a huff of breath, amber eyes flicking and looking for her packmates. Her pupils narrowed into small slits, adjusting to the rays of the sun that broke through the trees of the pack's lair.

Light pattering of clawed feet, and Storm emerged from the foliage behind Blue, maw caked with fresh blood and course fur. The male craned his neck downward, head low as he slowly swooped the area, circular pupils adjusting to the light. Storm cocked his head, and a quiet series of clicks escaped him in confusion.

His sister was not here, nor was Bravo.

A muffled call escaped Blue's throat in response, the cobalt striped female warbling her head, weight shifting from foot to foot, clawed fingers flexing.

Storm looked around, nostrils flaring as he sniffed the air, inspecting, checking.

He could smell the pair.

Either they were at the nest, or they left not too long ago.

Oh, well.

Storm figured they decided to go hunt on their own, or wandered off to patrol their borders.

They would just have to wait for the pair to return.

Notes:

As stated before, the next few chapters will still be with the pack.

At least one raptor will die-at max, three. But three is worst case senario.

I plan for Rust to encounter E, eventually, as well as the Indoraptor. Because why not? Maybe he turns a new leaf? Who knows?

Thank you all for reading and supporting. I read each and every review, and usually reply to all unless I forget.

Stay safe!

Chapter 11

Notes:

I was going to write more on Blue's pack drama, but it turned into an E centered chapter. This chapter is not as long as it could be (or the best), but it's better than nothing.

I'm sorry :(

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

E wanted to stay in a ball forever.

But her belly began to ache in hunger, and her mouth began to dry in thirst.

Her toes twitched, and flowered, followed by her leg muscles twitching. Slowly, E unfurled her body, and rose to her feet.

It hurt to rise.

She could still feel the pain of being stabbed between her legs when she moved.

Her stride was unsteady, and one of wound.

A noise escaped E-a croaked, sorrowful whine of a rasp, mixed with a faint whistle. Her blue eyes flicked from the ground, to her surrounds.

The male raptor was not in sight.

He was gone.

A part of E was glad-for he could not hurt her again.

The other part was frightened at being alone, and hurt.

It meant she was vulnerable, and easy prey.

But she could not remain idle.

She needed to carry on.

To survive.

E did not know how much time passed from when she last ate, but she knew she was hungry again.

And it was time to sate that hunger, if ever briefly.

The red and white female swiveled her head around, neck twisting to look around her. She still saw no sign of the Indoraptor. So sign of approaching creatures. She just saw how the leaves and earth were disturbed from their rutting, the nearby trees mere silent witnesses.

E began to patter off towards the sound of a lazily flowing stream. She did not even try to be cautious.

She was tired of being cautious.

Tired of living in fear.

Tired of being hungry.

Tired of being thirsty.

She was just too tired of everything.

It took too much of her energy to be paranoid and cautious all the time.

At least it was nice to feel pleasure, however briefly it lasted.

Nice to feel the warmth of another, his scales gliding against hers.

His breath heaving against her, breath hitching to her attentions.

E had no idea what they did-but it was nice.

But mating-however-was not.

E had difficulty getting the intimacy out of her head.

It felt like the black and gold male was engraved in her senses.

It was like she could still feel him-taste him-smell him-hear him-see him.

E could barely register the cool water that flowed passed her gaping jaws, moving to quench her thirst.

Quench her thirst so much, that it tricked her belly into thinking it was full, and not so hungry.

The scarred female shook her head-of the thoughts-of the excess water that dribbled down her scaled maw.

Attempting to clear her mind, and the memory the large male had upon her senses.

E's eyes closed tightly behind red scaled lids, and remained shut for quite some time.

The slow, heavy pattering of clawed feet upon the earth his the female raptor's ears.

E opened her eyes, pupils adjusting to the light of the day-and released a quiet rasp in start upon seeing another raptor, nearing, just across from her on the other side of the shallow stream.

The earthen red scales of Rust seemed to dominate E's field of view, his golden eyes focused upon her.

E forgot just how large the alpha of her pack was she had not seen him in so long. But compared to her new male companion-Rust was dwarfed.

Not that the Indoraptor was here.

Fear, and dread spread a cold chill deep within her chest, heart pounding hard and swift against her ribs.

Old fears, old traumas coming to a head.

E had yet to defeat them.

She remembered Rust as a large, aggressive male that did what he pleased when he pleased.

But the Rust she remembered was different from the Rust she was looking at now.

He was large, and powerful, but he had wounds upon his scales and tears within his flesh. The crimson upon his scales were darker than his natural coloration, the blood slowly drying and becoming coagulated.

His wounds were similar to hers, but deeper, brutal, more angry.

E was unsure if she should feel pity for her former alpha or not.

Rust was mean.

But at the same time-if Rust was injured-surely the ones who attacked him could hurt her.

What happened?

Did more of their kind come?

Was her former pack killed?

Was Rust the only survivor?

Or did another predator come by, and cause those wounds?

Or did the pack get tired of Rust's leadership?

E looked upon Rust.

Rust looked upon E.

Blue to calloused amber.

Gazes intent.

Cautious.

Curious.

It was then that Rust opened his maw-and produced a brief, if quiet greeting trill.

The call was soft.

Fatigued.

It was a noise that pertained such weakness, E never thought Rust could even produce such a noise. It was enough to cause E to flinch slightly in start, as if she were afraid of the large male to suddenly become aggressive, and strike. Her head warbled, then cocked to the side in confusion. Her killing claws twitched in nervousness, clawed hands clenching and unclenching.

Rust did not bother to wait for E to respond.

He, too, began to crouch low, seeking to quench his thirst in the lazily flowing stream.

E watched the male, and she began to feel her muscles unwind and relax-if ever slightly. The female opened her maw, and released a whistled rasp in greeting.

Attempting to be social.

Friendly.

Because even a male as nasty as Rust was a better companion than no one.

And if E was friendly to her former alpha, perhaps he would be friendly towards her?

Or at least tolerate her and not pick on her.

Rust cocked his head mid drink, water trickling from his scared maw, golden eyes flicking towards the odd female.

A guttural snort from his nares was the only response.

E figured it was better than nothing.

Because something was better than nothing.


Having her former alpha as a companion was odd.

It was even more strange that E expected Rust to be more-well, Rust.

Rust was not Rust.

He just was not.

The Rust she knew threw his weight around.

Knew how to push buttons and scare.

This Rust didn't try to antagonize.

Didn't try to scare.

Didn't try to dominate.

Didn't try to harm.

It was so strange, and his lack of offense only made E keep her eyes upon him even more.

Rust stood differently, too.

As if the former confidence he had within him was snuffed out.

Just gone.

Maybe that's why he chose to stay with her, now?

Because Rust now knew what it felt like to be a pariah.

An outsider.

A reject.

And truly-E did not mind.

It was better than being alone, and she did not know when the Indoraptor would return-if he would return.

Well-to say that Rust was completely different would be a lie.

E noticed him staring, sometimes. His golden eyes alert and predatory.

Observing her injured limp.

Gaze narrowing to focus between her legs.

His nares would flare, and slight drool would well within his jowls.

Yes, Rust was the same glutton for a carnal nature.

But E was not entirely innocent. She was not so shameful as to sway her hips in tease when she knew her former alpha was looking upon.

Showing faux interest in him.

In some small, petty way, it was vengeance.

It was control.

Because when Rust would near her to inspect, and test, nares flaring and jowls welling-E would snap at him.

Snap, and hiss, and make it very clear she was not interested.

It was quite clear that her actions was not what Rust envisioned-for the aggression would swiftly make him retreat, and back away.

Having Rust retreat and flee to a farther distance so easily was not something E anticipated.

Where was the male she was so fearful of?

Where was the male she knew was so brutish?

Pride swelled within E's chest.

This was the male she was afraid of, letting him bully her?

Ha!

And he thought she was interested in him?

E was not interested in such a male-one that used strength to force and scare.

E was interested in-

-Well, E supposed it didn't matter, now.

Her mate-would be mate?-were they even mates?-hurt her.

Hurt her on the inside.

E found herself more often than not looking around, blue eyes scanning the surrounding area, hoping the Indoraptor would return.

If only a little.

He showed her pleasure when others showed her pain.

Maybe he would come back?

But what if he didn't?

E guessed that meant he would not want to be around her anymore, is all.

Would not want to try and join with her again.

Huh.

E was thinking a lot about that now-joining with him-mating.

It was so strange.

It hurt, but she wanted to try again?

It was something E didn't understand.

And it was something E certainly didn't want to try again anytime soon.

Her inside still hurt...

E's thoughts were broken by a call from Rust.

For a moment, E forgot how to raptor.

It did not cross her mind that the large male was attempting to beckon her to hunt.

E's belly reminded her that water could only sate hunger for so long.

It would be nice, to hunt with another.


The Indoraptor skulked and crawled back towards the tiny clearing, golden eyes flicking and observing, pupils sharpening. A fawn, body broken and mangle, was held within his powerful jaws, tawny fur clumping to his scaled jowls and bloodied teeth.

A peace offering, and an apology was held within his jaws.

An apology for hurting the only one that did not hurt him.

It was something the Indoraptor had difficulty forgetting-seeing the little female's mouth agape in a silent cry, eyes wide and filled with terror, tears streaming down her scaled cheeks.

The noise she produced was one of sadness, and pain.

He never wanted to hear that noise from her.

He never meant to hurt her...

The Indoraptor knew little about gifts, and social behaviors.

He just knew what E taught him-that food made things okay.

Thus, the Indoraptor was hoping his offering of prey would be received well-and accepted.

It was such a strange feeling-a strange thought-to care for another.

To care whether they enjoyed his company.

Perhaps it would be best if he did not return?

Return to the nothing?

But, still...E was something.

And the hybrid decided he wanted to try for the something.

Whatever that was.

He was not entirely sure.

Thus, the onyx and gold hybrid was quite perplexed to realize the red and white female was not where he had left her.

E was not there, curled up in a tiny ball of scales.

E was not at the nearby stream.

E was not anywhere.

The quills upon the Indoraptor's head became erect, prey dropping to the ground. His killing claws clacked against the ground in a state of alert-or perhaps vexation. His neck craned, and his head warbled and swiveled, inspecting the area.

His nares flared.

-He smelt another.

-A third scent.

-A male's scent.

Slowly, his scaled lips peeled back into a snarl, an enraged trill escaping him.

Anger, that another male was near his female.

Betrayal, that his female would leave with another male.

Panic-

-Because what if E was hurt by this male?

-This intruder?

What if E was hurt?

In danger?

The Indoraptor's nares flared, golden eyes beginning to rim red.

They could not hide from him.

He would find them.

He would find E.


Hunting had been easier than E thought.

More so than it was less of hunting, and more of scavenging.

The pair were currently feasting upon scraps of flesh, piled within a small clearing of well trodden paths, grasses flat and trampled.

E was swift to feed upon these tiny morsels of flesh.

They tasted like the food that was at that strange nesting ground that made her feel funny.

E did not realize how much she was salivating as she eagerly devoured the scraps, completing with Rust for the prize.

There was other food strewn about in piles-food that her prey normally ate.

There were other food things around in clumps that E was unsure of what they were.

All she knew, was that she needed to eat as much as she could.

Because she did not know when her last meal would be.

E briefly paused from her eating to actually breathe, tongue lapping up the spices and salt upon her scaled lips.

It was then her blue eyes caught the reflection of something shiny up in a nearby tree, almost hidden by the branches.

Like a tiny light in the night.

But in the day, being reflected by the sun.

E craned her neck upward, and looked upon the shiny thing, head warbling and killing claws flexing.

A noise of curiosity escaped her throat, and her head cocked.

Shiny!

A sudden, booming noise that echoed like thunder from above was all it took for E to collapse.

Notes:

I noticed I write more choppy sentences and fragments when writing Broken Raptors. There's barely any paragraphs. I chock this up to the characters basically having child level logic and intelligence.

If anyone's confused on what happened-they fell for bait and E got shot. E noticed the sun reflecting off the scope of a rifle.

I'm not sure what the next chapter will focus on: E and the Indoraptor or Blue's pack drama?

If you guys have any opinions, or which group you prefer reading, please let me know. As a general rule, I do seem to flip flop every chapter. But a part of the reason I wrote this chapter about E was because I have to prepare for the shit storm that's going to go down with Blue.

I plan for the next chapter with Blue (whenever that will be), to be mainly pack drama with shit exploding because they suffer from raging hormones. And then the second chapter will be very heavy into action, so it will more than likely be longer in length, since I probably won't be writing so many sentences and fragments.

I'm also still flippy floppy on who Blue's mate should be (or which male raptor I like in general). I originally planned for Bravo.

But Storm's growing on me as a character, in general.

I apologize for my rambling.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this shitty story.

Please stay safe, everyone!

Chapter 12

Notes:

I started this chapter two weeks ago. I haven't had much ambition to work on it, and I've been sick for the past week. I'm not sure if the lack of ambition is just because I feel like shit, or if because staying too long with the pack of actually boring me. All I want to do is get to Storm's arc, but I have to get all this bullshit out of the way, first.

Oh, well.

Not the best chapter, but at least it's something.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

When Bravo and Winter finally returned, skulking back into the light from the shadowed foliage, Blue could tell something was wrong. Something was not okay. Because Winter smelled like Bravo, and Bravo smelled like Winter.

And worst of all-the evidence that was seeping between Winter's legs was damnable.

The pair either did not care about being discovered in the middle of their tryst-or, rather, the aftermath, or perhaps did not anticipate their packmates to return so early from their hunt. Or, a third option, that they were simply comfortable with their romance, and simply did not care if Blue discovered the aftermath of their shared union.

But Blue most certainly cared.

Because Bravo was her mate.

Her male.

Not Winter's.

Because Winter was not the dominant female.

Winter did not get to chose her mate.

Only Blue got to chose her mate.

And Blue chose Bravo.

No one else could have Bravo except Blue. It did not even matter than the green scaled male and white female had a clear sexual history, even prior to Blue becoming a part of the pack. The grey scaled sister did not care about that.

All she cared about was the feelings from before-the negative feelings of jealously, envy, and betrayal-were returning. Swelling and welling in the very pit of her breast, chest becoming thick and heavy-filling with pressure and rage that made it difficult to breathe. Blue's chest heaved in deep, raging breaths, nares flaring and spewing forth mucus, scaled lips upturning and peeling back to reveal serrated teeth, shimmering and displaying their piercing contour under a film of saliva. Her muscles tensed and became rigged, breath heated and heart pumping, beating in fury to the demands of her body, baying for blood to be drawn.

The blue stripped sister's amber eyes focused onto Winter, pupils dilating and rimming red with wrath. Winter and Bravo noticed the tense body posture of the grey female.

They stared, golden and blue eyes glued upon the seething, simmering female.

Tense.

The air pregnant.

Time seemed to still, and each raptor anticipated what would come next.

With a scream tearing from her throat, Blue lunged towards the white sister upon powerful, muscular legs in one feline leap, talons poised to reap. Faster than Winter could react, Blue was upon her. In a flurry of talon and teeth, the grey and white females thrashed and rolled upon the ground, grunting and snarling in a writhing and twisting in a ball of scales.

Storm's throat puffed in irritation and rage, a hiss riveting from his throat. The grey male barked and snapped his jaws, taloned feet skittering around the scuffling females and their thrashing tails. Storm's powerful, muscular forearms then extended, clawed hands gripping upon the scales of Blue, running along the white and blue stripes upon her body. Trying to get a grip upon her thrashing form, and get her off of his sister.

The nasally, hawk like scream of Bravo signaled the green male with golden accents into action.

Before Storm realized it, he had the breath knocked out of his lungs in a sudden, strangled rasp as he hit the ground. Bravo's jaws were swift to clamp upon the other male's own. Storm's body twisted and struggled, feeling the teeth of the other male pierce his scales and threaten to crush his jaw, the breath of Bravo heated and swift.

The sound of the dueling males caught the attention of the females, Blue and Winter ceasing their squabble.

Upon seeing her brother being attacked by Bravo-mate or no-Storm was her brother.

And no one attacked her brother.

Even if the attacker was her mate.

Winter's throat puffed in rage, and her muscles shot into action, rising from the ground and vaulting into the air-and onto Bravo. Bravo grunted as he was knocked off of Storm, and fell to the ground. White and green scales rolled along in a scuffle, Winter grunting as she was slammed back against the rough bark of a tree.

Bravo's maw opened wide to release a nasally scream, shaking himself to get his bearings. His nares flared, and saliva welled in his maw, pupils dilated. His gutting claws were animated, and at the ready, posture ridged and wooden. Tense.

The green male looked upon Winter, debating as he breathed, deep and heavy.

He did not realize Storm's approach from the side until it was too late.

And it came in the form of teeth crushing his throat.

Notes:

No, Bravo didn't die (probably...maybe).

Okay, maybe.

This is why non functioning packs die in the wild. This pack is a prime example.

Thank you for reading this crappy chapter. Originally it was going to be this chapter, then the next would be Storm's chapter, but I just don't feel up to it, yet. It almost feels like writing the pack feels more like a chore. So that's probably why I keep fracturing the chapters because I find them to be-'Meh'.

Either way!

Stay safe!

Chapter 13: Status Note Ahoy!

Chapter Text

Hello everyone!

This is just a status note to let you all know that I am very busy, so I'm not sure when I will be able to update.

I have, however, been rereading this work-and I must say:

1. I've developed a soft spot for Rust.

2. Bravo can suck eggs and Storm is best Raptor Boi.

While I won't be able to write anything for some time, I do want to say that I originally planned for Bravo to be Blue's mate. But the more I wrote him, the more he became like a bully (Not to Rust's extent, but still). More so towards Storm, since Rust was no longer around to keep Bravo in place. The more Bravo became a jerk, the less I liked him. The more Bravo two timed both Winter and Blue, the less I liked him, since both females could have had a lovely sisterhood. But alas, it was ruined by Bravo's greed to mate.

I also found myself liking Storm because he is an underdog, and is a timid animal. So I find that he has room to grow as a character.

The so called 'infamous' chapters I've been holding off on and procrastinating on are revolved around my original plot of Bravo being Blue's mate.

*****Spoilers Probably, Maybe, Sorry Not Sorry*********

Within the chapters that I was going to write, Winter  (who may or may not have been pregnant) gets shot and killed by hunters. Storm begins to hunt the men who took his sister, stalking them and following Winter's scent, thinking his sister needs his help. Storm just wants his sister back. This chapter was going to be long, gritty, and very brutal. Ultimately, ending in Storm being hung by a tree, and dying.

The problem is-I like Storm.

And having him grow at such an exponential rate as a character and then have him die just seems like a waste.

So, long story short, Storm is growing on me more, and somewhere along the way, I somehow thought up the idea of Blue and Storm being mates.

Rust has also grown on me quite a bit. I was originally going to have him die off scene, or just never implement him in the story again. But, I like his character growth. He went from a male that had a pack at his beck and call, to a washed up exile that lost all his steam and is fatigued and tired. So, I am curious in developing his character more.

Somewhere along the line, I also thought of the idea of E and Rust becoming mates.

And you know what? I like it.

Even if I do see that pairing being temporary, since I don't plan for Rust to live by the end of the story (whenever that is).

So, ultimately, I do see the Indoraptor and E potentially ending up as mates, since their relationship is at a snag right now.

The thing I think I struggle with most with this story, is that these animals are social, and intelligent, so they have very complex relationships with each other. They will feel jealously, and envy, and all that jazz.

I have this story on multiple sites, so I get different options on characters and who should be paired with who, and I find it so interesting and touching that people find an interest in my work.

So, please, if you have an opinion on which raptor is your favorite character, or most hated, please let me know. Or if you have an opinion on who would be good paired with who.

I apologize for my rambling, but I felt it was only fair to let you know my thoughts and progress on the next chapter(s).

Thank you for your time, and please stay safe.

Sincerely,

Joelcoxriley

:)

Chapter 14

Notes:

Not the best chapter, but it's better than nothing.

Sorry for any spelling errors. I hate proofreading, but I usually find errors no matter how many times I reread my shit. And even then I miss things.

I don't feel like this chapter is as good as it could have been, but I at least wanted to write something with E and the Indoraptor.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

A deafening noise pierced the sky, echoing in rumbles along the rolling Californian hills.

E dropped.

Rust fled.

The red female lay upon the hard ground, warm sanguine soaking the earth and darkening her scales.

E didn't know what happened.

She was standing, and then she was on the ground.

She hurt.

E's eyes were wide and white in horror, her breathing swift and ragged. Her limbs spasmed and twitched as she attempted to rise, to get up, to move, to flee away from the danger she did not know was there.

Her heart was pounding fiercely within her chest, swift and frantic, breast welling with the cold grasp of dread. E tried to call out, to cry for help.

All that came from her maw was gargled blood.

E never tasted her own blood before.

It was scary.

It was coating her throat, making it harder to breathe.

It felt like she was drowning.

Her throat convulsed, and in a ragged cough, her throat was cleared in a glob of thick blood that spritzed upon the ground.

A gargled, panicked breath of a rasp escaped her.

The sound of footfalls hit the ground, and the cracks of breaking foliage hit E's ears.

Slow.

Cautious.

Breathing heavy.

E attempted to call out, to cry out as Rust approached.

When E managed to twist her neck just enough to look in the direction of the footfalls, she did not see Rust.

She saw a scary looking creature, the color of leaves and dirt, its breathing heavy and labored upon two legs. Its body was shaking. It held something at her within its hands.

If the creature was scared of E, E was even more scared of it.

E didn't want to be hurt.

E didn't want to be in pain.

She already hurt too much.

She didn't want to hurt more.

Her body trembled in terror, muscles twitching and attempting to move, attempting to rise.

Fear, dread and the metallic taste of blood welled within her mouth, blue eyes fixed upon the scary creature, pupils dilated.

This scary creature was going to kill her.

To eat her.

To hurt her.

E was unsure what happened next.

All she saw was a blur of colors before everything went black.

What she heard in unconsciousness was the sounds of predator turned prey.


The attack came not from the front, nor from the behind-but from the side in the form of Rust's jaws clamping down upon the creature's arm. He felt the bone snap upon the force of his jaws, blood soaking through fabric as his teeth pierced thick layers of clothing and vulnerable skin. The strange creature bleated out, and fell to the ground with relative ease as multiple pops of gunfire range out in frantic pulls of the trigger. The ground exploded from the stray piercing of the bullets, bark rupturing in wooden shrapnel.

The rustic hued male snarled like a rabid beast, a killing claw rising and thrusting deep into the attacker's abdomen. The breath hitched, blood rupturing from the small mouth. He went the warmth of the beast's innards invade his toed claw, saw the white in its eyes grow in terror and become glossy. Rust retracted his killing claw from the two legged creature, and punched through the layers of clothes and flesh again-twice, and then thrice.

Upon retracting his gutting claw for the third time, Rust released his jaws from holding down the threat.

The former Alpha stood up, and stepped over the predator turned prey, eyes focused upon E.

He was content to leave it alive, and let it bleed to death.

Rust neared the downed female, noticing the pool of blood that formed under E. He saw the blood trickling from a small wound. His nares flared, and his head cocked as he leaned down to further inspect. E was breathing, if slow and shallow.

She was not awake.

His clawed hands clenched and unclenched, unsure of what to do.

In his silent debating, the male noticed something approach.

Something larger than the creature that attacked E.

Something larger than Rust.

A serpentine hiss announced the approach of the beast, and a black head with predatory, amber eyes emerged, head quilled.

The Indoraptor emerged from the foliage, attracted by the sound of human screams and gunfire-and by the scent of blood.

But most importantly, by the scent of E.

When his amber eyes narrowed upon the familiar sight of E-seeing her laying upon the ground in a pool of blood, wounded-his whole world turned red.


When E awoke, she found herself surrounded by a wall of warmth, the Indoraptor cradling her body in his. His snout nuzzled against her, black lips caressing her scales as his hot breath ran along her head and neck. His tongue gently, tenderly lathered her head to try and draw the red and white female into wakefullness.

E's scaled lids fluttered open, blue irises opening through heavy lids, laden and groggy. Her breath hitched, and a tiny squeak escaped from her throat. It felt like she was parched, and something was dry within her throat.

She still hurt.

But the pain from her wound was dulled by the sense of warmth and security that radiated from the black and gold male's larger form, the feeling of his scales gliding against hers as he nuzzled her smaller body. A deep, guttural purr riveted from his throat, and the large raptor continued to preen and clean the small female.

When E's eyes focused upon the large male-her head embedded against his broad chest, his neck craned to look upon her-her throat tightened. E's excitement grew, and a series of chatty squeaks, chirps and whistles akin to chick escaped her throat. Her tail wiggled ever so slightly, and her neck extended to desperately boop and rub against the vivid male's chest, his neck, and his larger head, a purr vibrating from her throat.

He was here!

He came back!

The thought of the Indoraptor having hurt her was pushed from her mind.

E did not even think of it.

All that mattered was the fact that he was here, keeping her safe and warm.

E wasn't alone, and that was all that mattered.

The onyx and gold male released a pleased croon, his tail thumping against the earth. His black lips twisted into a gnarled smile, crimson staining his teeth and scaled maw. E either did not notice-or did not care if the blood was her own, or the creature that attacked her.

E did not care, even as she pressed her snout to his, breath intermingling and tongue slipping passed her scaled lips, giving the hybrid a thankful lick.

E could feel the Indoraptor's tense muscles fall lax, and feel a strong breath escape him. He pressed his head against hers, and closed his eyes.

Smelling her.

Feeling her.

He did not open his eyes for a long time.

He was just glad E was safe.

It was the least he could do, after hurting her.

He never meant to hurt her.

E would never be hurt again.

Not after today.

Not if he could help it.

Notes:

I'm not sure when I will update next.

Realistically, E probably wouldn't survive a shot from a hunting rifle. But then again, where she was shot was never specified, so her living can be taken with a grain of salt.

I've also been thinking of writing a one shot series just about fluffy things between E and the Indoraptor. Just to get a break from the darker elements of this story, or just base it post Broken Raptors where they start a little raptor family. Because why not?

Either way, thank you for putting up with my bullshit.

Stay safe!

:)

Chapter 15

Notes:

Oh, look, I put more effort into this chapter. Yay!

It didn't go as I planned, but I guess that's better than nothing.

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors. No matter how many times I proofread, I always miss something and find more.

And begin to hate my own work along the way. :D

I wanted to write more of E and the Indoraptor, but I also wanted to get Blue's drama out of the way.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The dynamic of the pack changed, once more. Once more, like it did before, with the ousting of their former alpha.

Only now the change came in the form of the grey male attacking the green.

Bravo lay within a pool of his own blood, red iron liquid spritzing in globs from his gaping maw, throat muscles bobbing and convulsing as he tried to breathe and swallow. The male's amber eyes were wide and white, pupils large and glazed in terror. His arms and legs spasmed, and horrible gurgling and wheezing noises escaped passed his scaled lips. Warm, wet sanguine spurted from his throat like a raging river, dampening the earth and soaking the soil.

Winter looked upon Bravo struggling to breathe through his own gargled throat, her blue eyes locked upon him. Watching his scaled face contort and twist in distress, lips peeling backwards into a snarl. But despite the gnarled sneer, she could see that he appeared to be in more fear than anything. It felt like a haze, and the white female forgot how to breathe. She didn't understand what happened. She and Blue were fighting. And then-Bravo-her mate-attacked her?

Why?

Why did her mate attack her?

Why did Bravo attack her?

He knew her longer than the blue striped female!

He mated with her long before-and even after the last sister arrived!

He chose her as his mate!

But if so, why did he attack her?

Why did he hurt her?

Was Bravo attacking her to defend Blue?

Did he chose Blue as his true mate?

But if so, why mate with Winter at all?

Betrayal!

Winter's rage began to rise and boil, a heaviness spreading through her chest. She could feel the fury of her enraged heartbeat carry her pulsing blood through her body. She could feel her own power coursing through her veins.

All her rage.

All her sorrow.

All her regret.

She thought Bravo was her mate.

But he was just using her, like a plaything when one plays with hapless, injured prey before the kill.

Bravo could have been her mate.

They could have had babies together.

Winter hoped, at least.

But he attacked her.

He hurt her.

Bravo was no better than Rust.

He was just a different type of monster.

And just like that-Winter didn't feel pity, feel sorrow, feel regret for what happened to Bravo.

Did didn't feel any empathy, watching him drown in terror in his own blood.

No.

She was just shocked that her brother did such damage.

Her brother, who was so timid and shy.

Storm.

Winter's neck craned to look up from her position upon the ground. She had wounds and scratches upon her body, streams of crimson trickling lazily over her snow white scales-but she did not notice. She was more focused upon the blood of her mate-no, Bravo was never her mate-that adorned Storm's scaled lips and teeth like daggers.

She looked upon her brother.

She barely recognized Storm.

Indeed, Storm resumed to watch Bravo struggle, scaled lips peeling back in a snarl, a low hiss riveting from his throat. The grey male's eyes were sharp and hard, posture alert and rigid. His killing claws flexed, and stabbed into the earth in silent debate.

He may not have meant to harm his packmate so, but he was not sorry.

Bravo attacked his sister.

No one attacked his sister.

Not anymore.

A clawed foot then rose, and pressed hard upon the green male's shoulder. Even now, Bravo felt cold. It was then Storm realized the other male was no longer breathing. His head cocked, and his nared flared. His neck craned and lowered to investigate. Bravo's eyes were wide and dull, pupils large. Then were unfocused. But Storm could still see the look of terror within them.

The grey male was briefly torn away from inspecting the male when he heard a cry pierce the air.

A shrill, yet hoarse cry escaped Blue from her grounded position, her chest heaving and scaled skin growing taut over her ribs as she struggled to breathe.

To cry.

To scream.

But the pain she felt was too much.

It felt like she couldn't breathe.

Blue's golden eyes were glued upon the body of her mate. Locked upon the horror that was twisted into his features.

It was like losing her sisters all over again, but much worse.

Because Blue not only lost her mate-she lost her future.

She lost her equal.

She lost her power.

Blue's scaled maw remained agape, chest heaving fiercely as she produced horrid, hoarse cries, like a squealing pig as she struggled to scream yet recover her breath. Tears welled within her eyes, and welled her vision.

She screamed and shrieked in pain, body thrashing and writhing upon the ground.

She thought about attacking Storm.

Killing Storm.

Because he killed her mate.

But at the same time, Blue was scared.

Blue was scared Storm would hurt her-kill her-too.

Because Storm killed her mate-her equal.

He could kill her, too.

If Storm could kill Bravo-

-Blue missed her sisters.

She wanted her sisters.

Where she and her sisters did not kill one another.

The only time was when Blue fought Echo, and broke her jaw.

Blue did not mean it, but it happened.

She couldn't imagine killing one of her sisters.

And in this pack-they hurt, and they killed.

Blue did not feel safe.

Not at all.

And just like that, all she fought for was gone.

Storm looked upon the grieving female, and decided to leave her be.

His focus then turned upon Bravo, and he began to eat.

After all, it was not wise to waste a fresh corpse.


Blue was not sure why she was being left alone.

After all, Storm did something worse than Rust ever did.

He killed one of her their own.

He killed her mate-her equal.

He killed a male that was stronger.

So why was Blue being left alone?

Why wasn't Storm hurting her?

Blue did not rise from her potion.

Nor did she try and tend to her wounds.

She was too busy shaking and trembling, breath unsteady and eyes wide.

Looked upon the half eaten corpse of Bravo.

Where Storm tore him apart with teeth and claw, as if knowing the fallen male meant nothing to him.

Where she watched the grey male devour her mate's flesh.

And just like that, everything was calm with the siblings.

They chatted and called, preening and cleaning.

They left Blue alone.

Until they didn't.

Winter found the squirrel that Blue once had, dropped and forgotten in the altercation. The white female picked the small, furry prey within her jaws, and pattered off towards the blue striped sister. Her clawed feet ceased to approach upon reaching Blue, and her neck lowered, scaled snout brushing against Blue's own, her breath hot and moist as she inspected the grey female.

A rumble escaped Winter's scaled throat, soft and cooing. When she offered the prey, Blue did not react. She just stared passed Winter-through Winter, eyes wide and pupils large. Winter cocked her head, and booped the morsel against the sister. She did not respond.

Thus, the white female set the offering upon the ground, and pattered away.

Blue did not notice.


Storm finally approached.

It was what Blue was waiting for.

She curled up within herself, a trembling ball of scales.

She waited for the pain.

Pain from teeth and claws, pain from being mounted and broken inside.

She felt the male's scales glide against hers as he settled down beside her.

She felt his hot breath upon her flesh, his tongue gliding along the smooth scales of her body, cleaning away the caked layers of blood.

But Blue couldn't think of the gentleness and warmth.

For it was in the same matter Bravo used to tend and preen her.

All she could think about was Storm's jaws, tearing apart her mate and devouring his flesh.


Blue was unsure how much time had passed, but it was enough for Bravo to be stripped of flesh, and be nothing but bone.

All she knew was that she could not stand it any longer.

She needed to leave.

Thus, Blue got up, and walked away.

She needed to be alone.

And not have reminders of what she once had-what she could have had-as company.


A worn down cabin, abandoned in the deepest depths of the wood was what they would find.

For the Indoraptor and E, a fine home it would be.

Indeed, the pair made a nest within the second story loft of the wooden home, only accessible by a lone ladder by its previous occupants. The wooden dwelling lay in disrepair, moss and mold snaking within the wood, once fine, hand crafted furniture broken and molded with weather and time.

The wind flowed through the broken door hung ajar and through the dilapidated roof. The windows, once clear and clean were dimmed and clouded with dirt and grime.

What remained of a stone fireplace, long cold and blackened by soot lay along a wall, a sofa and den chairs flanking the hearth, their cushions torn and worn.

The clacking of powerful claws drummed and thrummed upon the aged hardwood, scratches from its current occupants scarring the floorboards. The Indoraptor emerged into the lair, large form almost unable to fit through the door frame. His golden eyes shone and reflected in the dim light cast askew by the fragmented holes within the broken roof, golden, vibrant scales shimmering in the light. His nares flared, and muffled, hissing rumble escaped his striking throat, pupils dilating and searching in the black.

A small fawn was held limply within his jaws, blood a sluggish trickle down its furred mouth, eyes wide and pupils fully dilated akin to a doll's eyes. It's neck was broken.

E briefly popped her head from out of the darkness of the second story loft, blue eyes peering at the larger raptor below. A rasp of greeting escaped her, before the pattering of her claws could be heard scraping and clattering against the wooden lair above. The Indoraptor produced a snort in response, before nearing the still standing ladder-the guardian to their nest.

Though rather than climbing the wooden steps, the onyx and gold beast reared upon his powerful find legs, muscular forearms extending and clawed fingers curling and grasping the wooden ledge above. His powerful arms pulled and his legs pushed, and in one fluid motion, the hybrid hoisted himself upon the ledge above, tail curled over the edge, swaying in the rays of light.

The Indoraptor's amber eyes would find E pattering around, tending to their bedding area, which held broken foliage, soft leaves, stolen pillows, blankets and sleeping bags torn asunder, innards of stuffing and soft feathers laying around. E's clawed hands were raking and fixing, collecting the dried and unneeded leaves and branches to remove them from the nest.

The soft thud of the fawn's body hit the floor, and E briefly swiveled her neck, head turning to look upon the kill. Her head cocked to the right, then to the left. Her gaze then flicked to the hybrid, and a pleased noise escaped her. The red and white raptor then swiveled and pattered towards towards her mate-mate? E guessed so, after all this time.

The small female released a cooing purr from her white throat, and nuzzling and rubbed into the Indoraptor in greeting, rubbing her scaled snout against his. The male produced a pleased trill, quills beginning to flatten along his head, eyes closing as he enjoyed the warmth of her body and the affection in her touch.

E then pulled away after giving a swift lick, and before the Indoraptor knew it, the scarred female was gone, the sound of her weight hitting the first floor with a thud reaching his ears.

The male's neck craned, and his piercing eyes briefly watched as his female scurried out the cabin's door cast ajar, and into the world outside.

The Indoraptor's clawed hand flexed, and he briefly thought about following E.

However, the hybrid decided not to as his interest fell upon the nest, inspecting it.

His neck craned downward, and his nared flared. He then began to step into the bedding area, and curled himself into a ball as he settled down among the soft comfort.

The Indoraptor's jaws parted in a deep yawn, quills briefly becoming erect before flattening once more.

Sleep hung heavy upon his scaled eyelids, and it was not long before the hybrid drifted off into slumber.


The Indoraptor awoke to the flash of lightning, and the cracking of thunder.

He jolted upright, and released a cry of panic-one that seemed too feeble for a beast of his size. The blinding light flashing from the broken boards of the roof hurt his eyes, and the loud, booming noises seemed to shake the very earth. The torrent of rains from the storm mercilessly battered their cabin home, and the wind howled like a beast baying for blood.

The Indoraptor rose upon his hind legs, twirling and thrashing like a hapless animal caught in a cage, jaws snapping at threats unseen. His eyes were wide with terror, breath ragged and saliva frothing.

Because in his mind, he was back there.

Back there in the darkness, behind the metal bars that grew too small as he grew too large.

Back there where the humans brought pointy sticks to shock and sear his hide.

The hybrid twisted and twirled so much so-that he fell from the loft, and crashed down hard onto the floor below, ladder snapping and splintering. And then the Indoraptor felt pain, of something piercing his belly.

The noise startled E from up above, and she was swift to leap down to go to her mate's side.

The fall-and the piercing pain-was enough to wake the hybrid from his storm-born nightmare. He was no longer back there in the dark, behind the metal he cannot break out of. Back there where the scary things hurt him with light, like the one in storms.

He was in his home, on the ground, in pain.

Something sharp pierced his belly, and the Indoraptor regained enough of his barings to wrap his clawed fingers upon the piece of broken ladder-and pull.

A groan of discomfort escaped him, and his warm blood seeped from the wound, mixing with the downpour of the storm.

E was swift to find the source of blood. She peeled back her scaled lips, and snarled at the offending piece of wood, before beginning to tend to the larger raptor. Her tongue moved to lick and clean the tarnished scales of her partner's black belly, his muscles tensing under her touch-and from the stabbing pain. The Indoraptor shook, and trembled, heart hammering in his chest as he looked from E, then to the skies above, through the aged roof.

The hybrid trembled, terrified, by the light and the pain, as he lay upon the ground.

He did not realize that his powerful forearms wrapped around E, and pressed her belly flush to his, through the red and the wet, like a child clutching to a cherished toy for comfort.

E could not help but endure the captivity.

Not that she entirely minded.

E may not have entirely understood why the hybrid was frightened, but she knew what it felt like to be scared.

The only thing she could do for her distressed mate was to try and soothe him with nuzzles, kisses and purrs.


E carried out her cleaning duties, scurrying to and fro and placing the filth and useless objects on a pile upon the ground.

Briefly did the scarred female cease her cleaning to swivel her head and look around her territory. Her nares flared, and her hearing sharpened, on alert for any approaching predators-or prey.

In truth, her patrols of her little home would increase, for E was quite protective of her lair.

After all, she had a mate, and she had a nest.

She had a home.

This was where E belonged.

And she was not going to let others bully her and take it away.

She did not need to be scared anymore.

Not of Rust, not of being alone.

Not of others.

E was strong.

She just needed to figure out how to be.

There was then a foreign scent that E caught upon the wind.

Her nares flared, and her chest expanded with large intakes of breath.

Her pupils dilated, and her killing claws twitched.

Her head swiveled, neck twisting and turning, as she sought the direction in which the intruder entered.

E was swift to move when she picked up the scent, bounding in great leaps and strides through the woods, footfalls pounding into the earth.

She slowed when the scent became greater, stronger

She slowed until she ceased her stride, scaled lips peeled back in a snarl, gutting claws twitching, powerful leg muscles tensing for a feline leap.

E remained quiet, and focused, like a stalking predator to prey, eyes alert and narrowed upon the intruder just beyond the brush.

Upon the intruder that was her kind, grey scaled with stripes of white and blue.

When E struck, it was like a raging storm being unleashed.


Blue was on edge.

She knew something was near.

Another of her kind, perhaps.

But a scent she did not recognize.

The grey sister's golden eyes squinted, neck craning forward to look upon the direction she thought she heard footsteps. Her head warbled, and her weight shifted from foot to foot.

Upon seeing a flicker of red-one of her kind-Blue attempted to communicate.

Attempted to call out.

What answered her was teeth and talons pinning her to the ground, instead, and a horrid, angry noise that she did not understand coming from one that looked like her.

E snarled at the grey female, a killing claw pinning down her head.

The intruder did not even try and fight, try and defend herself.

E cocked her head to the left, then to the right, perplexed and confused. Her gutting claw flexed, and tapped and raked against the downed female's scales, threatening, yet debating.

Blue's eyes were wide, and shone with fear.

It was like being back there-with Rust.

At the mercy of another's strength.

E thought, silent.

This female did not seem to be a threat.

But she may become one, if given the chance.

It was then that E felt a tremor from the ground.

At first, she thought it was nothing.

But she felt it again.

And again.

And again.

And E realized, it was getting closer.

So close, she could hear the heavy footfalls.

So close, she could hear the breath of the monster in the woods.

So close, she could hear the beast that was hunting them.

E was swift to take her pinning foot off Blue, head swiveling and heart pounding.

The grey striped sister was more than eager to get to her feet, scaled hackles raised as she looked around, alert and on edge.

Silence.

And then the forest erupted around them, exploding with the hulking mass of a beast with a large head, and crushing jaws.

Notes:

And the Rex arrives! Yay! Or not.

I figured Blue would need some time away from the pack, and would potentially try find another pack after the trauma and stuff.

I also didn't write it, but I highly doubt Storm and Winter would sit on their asses while Blue is gone. They probably figured she left to hunt, but when realizing she's been gone for too long, started searching for her.

Rust is also alive. He more than likely just dipped or got his ass beaten by the Indoraptor in the previous chapter.

Thank you for reading. Sorry for any Bravo fans. He was going to live, but my writing had other plans. :(

Stay safe.

Chapter 16

Notes:

This chapter was originally going to be Roberta/Rexy fighting all the damn raptors and having mass character death, but it turned E focused.

***That chapter contains fairly graphic rape! Please do not read if not comfortable!****

Behavior is based on dolphins.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The very forest seemed to be torn asunder in a storm of once powerful branches being splintered like mere twigs. The gust with strength akin to a raging wind, governed in power by the Brown One's rank and sordid breath. The quaking and trembling of the earth as the great beast charged forth reminded Blue of the island, of Isla Nublar, when it's fiery god awakened and raved.

Time seemed to slow.

Blue could see every inch of the larger carnivore's gaping, ever consuming and crushing maw. Could see the grooves in teeth as large as her killing claws. Could see the vague reflection of her own smoke born scales into the shimmering saliva adorning her god's crushing teeth.

Could see the reflection of fear fill to the brim within her own golden eyes.

She was staring into her own life, and her own death, held within the jaws of a merciless god.

Blue thought it was quite pretty, seeing her reflection within the illuminated grooves that were the color of pearl.

And then, just like that, time sped up.

Blue cried out in a breathless gasp as the air was forcibly expelled from her lungs.

Though rather be taken skyward, and enveloped in a moist heat and overwhelming force, Blue was pushed to the ground.

It was E's rasping cry that ascended skyward, caught within the Brown One's merciless jaws as a horrid crack rang out. The garnet scaled female twisted and struggled haplessly, the skin of her powerful and athletic leg butchered and muscle torn, leg dislocated at the socket from the harsh force of the massive beast carrying her upward.

E tried to call for help.

Tried to call for someone.

Anyone.

But no sound came out.

She hurt too much, and she was too scared.

She couldn't find her voice.

She was going to die.

No matter how hard she struggled, the beast was too strong.

It was too big.

She would be crushed, and her body broken.

And she would feel everything before she was swallowed whole, perhaps alive, even.

Hurt, scared, and alive, in the belly of a monster.

Her claws only scraped against massive teeth and scaled, fleshly lips.

She could feel the overwhelming heat and dampness of the monster's maw.

Feel it's teeth in her leg.

Feel her own body rise ever skyward, and feel the powerful jaw muscles ready to open wide, and allow her to fall further into the horror's gullet.

E couldn't breathe. All she could feel was the frantic pounding of her own heart, and her blood pumping through her body, urging her to move, to fight, to live.

She was trembling, and any breath she produced was in panicked whistles.

She was scared.

She wanted to go home.

The jaws opened, and E fell.

Instead of being enveloped by teeth and tongue, E hit the ground with a hard thud that knocked the breath from her lungs.

She didn't register the sounds of fighting.

She didn't register the sounds of struggle and enraged, rabid hisses and bellowing roars.

Instinct told her to flee, to live.

To move onward, push ever forward.

To cling to life, for even just a few more, precious seconds.

E couldn't feel the pain in her hip, her leg.

E could only feel the power in each beat of her heart, renewing her strength as her legs pounded in swift thuds as she ran.

She dared not look back.

E was too scared to look back.

She was too afraid to see those gaping jaws and swallowing maw.


E ran in a blind panic until she no longer could.

Her throat was clenched so tight she was wheezing and shrilly whistling, saliva so thick and viscous it welled upon her scaled lips. Her nostrils flared and forcibly exhaled snot, mouth agape in ragged pants.

Her heart was pounding so swiftly within her chest, it felt as if it would burst or leap out of her body. She could feel the pulsing of her arteries in her arms, her legs, her scaled fingers and toes. Carrying blood to push and urge her body ever onward.

But E could run no longer.

Her muscles were too sore from the stress of running, cramping and screaming. Her hip was sore and her pelvis and injured leg were swollen and pained.

As her body ran out of strength, E realized just now how badly her body hurt.

The female hoarsely wheezed, gait unsteady and unbalanced as she pattered along a lightly trodden path-presumably made my deer.

Pattered, then limped upon her injured leg and struggling hip.

Limped, then dragged her bitten limb.

Dragged, then collapsed.

Collapsed, and then crawled.

E did not know how far she ran.

E did not know where she was.

All she knew, that was death was back there.

And she was still too scared to look back.

Because the monster might still be there, jaws agape.

Thus, driven by primal fear, and instinct, E chose to drag herself ever forward, even when her body just wanted to rest.

Her clawed hands dug into the grasses and dried earth, trying to skulk and carry her own weight ever forward.

Even when E went no where, too weak and fatigued to move forward, her hands haplessly raked and toiled the ground.

Her vision was beginning to blur, and darken.

Her throat was so dry, it felt as if it was swelling shut.

It felt like she couldn't breathe.

Her body felt so tired.

Everything felt so tired.

Even her heart felt too tired to beat.

But it just kept on beating.

E didn't want the dark to envelop her.

She didn't want to be swallowed.

She fought, even as her scaled lids grew heavier and heavier.

She fought, until she could no longer, and darkness embraced her.


Darkness.

E saw nothing but darkness.

Black.

Night.

Worse than night, black, darkness.

She saw nothing.

And then she heard something, like the gentle rustling of grasses upon a lazy breeze.

No...Not a rustling noise...A trickling noise.

A trickling, crackling noise, like...

...Like the water of a stream...

Hearing was the first of her senses to return.

A sense that brought thought to her weary mind.

A thought to open her eyes, and wake.

Fully wake from the enveloping blackness that reigned over her unconsciousness.

Sapphire eyes flicked behind garnet scaled lids.

Searching for something beyond the darkness, more than the nothingness, and into the light-the something.

Heaviness.

It felt like her eyes were closed by the weight of the world.

Closed by the weight of the monster's jaws that so easily jostled her into its grip.

Her scaled lips peel upward into a snarl, gums pale and teeth dried as she struggled against her own failing body.

Her scaled fingers twitched and clenched, toes curling and then flowering, raking at the ground.

E tried to open her eyes once, twice, thrice.

Each time she fought against the weight of her eye lids, it seemed to get even harder to force them open.

Sleep just seemed so good.

To sleep, and rest, until she felt better.

But at the same time, E knew better.

She needed to wake, despite feeling so weak.

She needed to wake, or she would just fall back asleep, and never wake up.

Each time she forced her laden lids to rise and peel back, the harsh light of the day hurt her unadjusted gaze.

Her vision was a mere dance of light, and oblivion, each struggling for reign over her soul.

Until the light won, and her sapphire eyes opened to a new dawn, shimmering behind wisps of clouds under a cerulean sky.

For a brief moment, E thought about closing her eyes again.

But the sound of the babbling brook urged her to get up.

And if she could not rise, to crawl.

Crawl, and reach the waters of life, and have the blood of the earth and sky flow into her own dried veins and tired heart.

E's heavy limbs sluggishly moved as she attempted to rise. She tried to cry out, to grunt in pain as her swollen joint hindered her, and flies buzzed around her torn leg muscle, but found her throat too parched to do so. It felt as if her throat was so dry, it was swelling shut. Her tongue searched for moisture, seeking to smear saliva within her mouth in an attempt to wet. Her jaws were too dry, and any saliva was viscous and thick. The ridges upon her tongue were deeply creased, as if harsh cracks within a dried river bed.

E could not rise.

So she began to crawl, black claws digging and forearms rippling in tense muscles under sanguine scales as she hoisted herself forward. Her uninjured leg pushed against the ground, effected leg dragging. Even when E attempted to raise up her leg to put weight off of her limb, her injured joint would give her no reprieve.

E could not see what was in front of her save for the towering field grasses.

She could not see the running water of a stream.

She could only hear it.

And that hope to quench her thirst and revive her weak body was enough.

Everything hurt.

Her legs were sore, and her injuries radiated and throbbed in an intense, stabbing pain. Her arms were cramping, and screaming for rest. Her vision was unclear, and blurred. Her heart was beating like the frantic fluttering of a bird's wing upon the wind in cold, panicked flight. She could feel the merciless sun bake her scales.

E attempted to suck in air, but it felt like the pressure within her chest was clenched so tight, she could not breathe.

She crawled, and crawled, guided only by the gurgling she thought she heard, hoped she heard.

And then E heard something else.

A ringing in her ears, high pitched and droning out all other sounds.

It was deafening, and blotted out the siren of hope.

The red scaled raptor sluggishly shook her head, a hoarse, breathless rasp escaping her.

No! She couldn't hear the water anymore!

Just a loud noise that was all around!

Her vision further blurred, and E began to do the only thing she could.

Crawl forward, in the direction she last heard the running of merciful water.

Because she was afraid of what would happen if she didn't reach the stream.

Because she was afraid of what would happen if her overworked limbs gave out.

Because she was afraid of what would happen if her eyes blurred so much she could not be able to see.

Because she was afraid of what would happen if her heart beat so fast it would burst.

Because she was afraid of what would happen if her throat became so dry it would swell shut.

Because she was afraid of what would happen if she gave up and fell asleep, only to never wake.

It seemed as if she dragged her own dead weight forever.

Through the field that grew less and less dense, passed great trees and through thick foliage-and then E slipped belly first down the slope of a worn hill eroded with the rivers of time. Rocks and roots scraped her belly and along her knees and underneath her tail. She tried to stop her fall, slow it with her hands, but like with the monster's jaws, she was too small and weak to fight back against a greater force.

Thus, E slipped all the way down, brush burns and scrapes marring her soft scales. The inertia carried her down as the ground evened, and she hit the worn and hard rocks along the river's edge. E grunted as the breath was knocked from her lungs, and she rolled forward in a mass of thrashing limbs. With a breathless grunt, E ceased her rolling, body becoming lax and limp.

Her chest expanded in a forceful intake of breath, and her scaled skin grew taunt over her chest as she breathed harshly through her retractions. Her abdominal muscles drew so tight they outlined her rib bones.

For a long time, E just remained there upon the cold and uncomfortable rocks bubbling and jabbing against her body. She did not open her eyes. She merely lay there, and breath in harsh, ragged gasps of breath, dry, suffering mouth agape akin to a fish seeking water to not drown in the heated air.

Everything hurt.

A sharp pain rose and swelled, piercing and stabbing within the side of her chest when she drew in air.

It hurt to even breathe.

Amidst her rasping and harsh, retracted breathing, the garnet and pearl colored female opened her eyes in a sudden upward flick of her scaled lids. Her eyes were wide, blood shot around the rims of her irises, black circular pupils enlarged and dilated with smoldering embers flickering within.

She would not die.

Not yet.

Not when the gentle singing of the babbling brook was right there, calling, beckoning her to mercy through the deafening din of the endless ringing.

E decided she could die only after she quenched her thirst.

She could hold off sleep for just a little longer.

Just a little bit longer, at least enough to relieve her burning throat.

At least enough to gain some little comfort, before the end.

E wanted to go home.

She wanted to see her companion again.

Her male-her mate-mate?

Were they mates?

Despite only being joined once, and never again?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

E wasn't sure.

But she did know the Indoraptor was the only one that never treated her like the others.

He never hissed, or scratched or bit.

He never scared, scarred or marred her.

Because he knew what it felt like to be E, too.

Slowly, sluggishly with limbs trembling, the crimson scaled raptor began to crawl forth, breath strained and with a heart too tired to be so fast.

E could feel each stone scrape and roll underneath her belly, muscles straining and flexing, screaming and cramping and burning.

It was too much, even though mere feet appeared to be yards to her.

It was too much, even though mere inches appeared to be several feet to her.

It was too much, even though E dragged her suffering hide along, scaled maw passing the water.

She only ceased when she felt the cool, running water along her clawed fingers.

Because E knew she couldn't trust her blurry, failing vision.

Because E knew she couldn't trust her ringing, deafening ears.

It almost seemed to much to simply lower her already low slung head, and drink.

E's neck lowered, and her scaled snout plopped down into the water, nares resting above the shallow crick. Her parched, frothing maw did not open at first.

E was merely enjoying the simplicity of the stream's icy mercy compared to the sweltering heat of the day.

Her jaws slowly, weakly pried themselves open, and the fluid crystal blood of the earth and sky flooded her maw.

E could feel her body becoming alive again as she slowly drank. She felt it in her tongue, her mouth, her eyes, her ears, her limbs. She felt relief, and rejuvenation wash over her body.

The red female drank and gorged herself as if she would never have water again.

Drank so much that her belly was convinced it was full of food.

E drank until she could no more and vomited.

And only after that, did E allow her body rest.

She allowed herself to sleep.

She allowed herself to die.


E expected to sleep forever and ever.

E didn't expect to wake up.

Nor did she expect to hear the clicks, trills and chitters of her own kind.

When E awoke, she was not alone.

And not being alone gave her a flicker of hope, and her excitement rose, breath becoming a series of whistles-however strained. Adrenaline coursed through her body, and she attempted to rise, to get up, to join with her fellows.

E was so excited!

So excited that she did not realize the three newcomers were nearby, just across the thin and shallow crick.

One had scales of a golden hue.

The second, a vibrant royal purple.

The third sported a hide of ebony.

All three were males, a coalition living upon the fringes of pack territory.

Pack territory, that E assumed, at once point, Rust kept them at bay.

Or, perhaps E ran farther than she thought, and had trespassed upon a whole new pack.

The three male were conversating among themselves, and upon noticing E moved, swiveled their heads within her direction.

They were interested, curious, gazes sharp, piercing and focused, thinking.

It was then the golden scaled male released a chitter in greeting.

E's tail thumped, and her body wiggled upon the ground in excitement, adrenaline nullifying her pain, however briefly.

The red and white female released a whistling trill and hoarse rasp in excitement!

Yay!

Friends!

New friends!

The noises produced from E caught the males off guard.

The black scaled male rasped, and the golden hued raptor flinched.

The amethyst male cocked his head hard to the right, as if wondering if his ears heard her calls right.

The males were slow to respond to E, if at all, before they decided to make quiet clicks and barks towards one another.

E merely cocked her head, tail still slowly thumping against the aged river side rocks. She tried to rise once more, but found her body still too fatigued and sore, despite her excitement.

It was an action the males noticed.

After some time, the three slowly approached, curious, yet cautious.

The golden scaled male approached first, noble hued snout mere inches from her as his neck caned low. His nostrils flared as E's neck craned to give a mutual greeting, and inspection. Their warm lips tenderly, carefully brushed against one another, breaths intermingling as they took in the other's scent.

E noticed the male's neck stretched forward, and he took a step forward. Inspecting the scars upon her hide. His reaping claws idly flicked as he moved passed E, focusing upon the wound on her leg.

E's neck swiveled to look upon him, until her attention was drawn to the sound of water being disturbed.

The onyx scaled male and his royal hued packmate approached, slow at first, yet gaining confidence with each stride and light bobbing of their heads whilst they moved.

The dark scaled male lowered enough to sniff E, and briefly place his snout near hers, nares flaring. E's gaze focused upon the black hued raptor. Her eyes met his, and his tainted maw brushed against hers in a dance of conjoined breaths, moist and hot.

Briefly did his red tongue slide against her uncalloused scales. It was an act that startled E, not used to being interacted with in such a way.

It was very direct.

But all the physical senses were taking away E's attention to her wounds, which only flared as the golden hued male nudged and licked at her injured leg, tasting the blood and cleaning the dirt and grime from her flesh.

The male whose scales were a dark shade of lavender was also busy taking in the new female's scent.

Only he was busy attempting to pry his scaled head underneath E's body, between her legs.

E was beginning to feel uneasy.

She was beginning to feel smothered.

She was beginning to feel threatened.

She was not used to all this attention.

She was not used to all this physical contact.

E was so uncomfortable, she attempted to rise-and did, if only due to her body being driven by anxiety and approaching fear.

In E's attempts to flee, the amethyst scaled male took advantage of her vulnerability, and pressed his scaled snout flush to E's sensitive scales. The red female cried out as the male pushed against her uninterested sex with such force, she lost balance, and fell upon her side with a grunt.

The female's blue eyes bulged and her jaws opened agape in a silent scream upon feeling the raptor with royal scales plunge his thick and slick tongue deep into her inexperienced temple. E's abdominals tensed and hardened so much, they may have been stone.

E attempted to get up, to fight, to flee, but all she could do was haplessly twitch her tired limbs in half attempts at defending herself.

Her heart pounded in terror as her body twisted and turned, the whites of her eyes wide in horror as she watched the male feed upon her sex. He was like a ravenous and starved predator in his gorging.

It almost didn't feel real.

It felt like a dream.

E tried to call for help.

Tried to call for the other males.

But her cries were mere grunts and breathless.

Mere parodies of the complex vocalization of her kind.

It hurt.

It hurt, and it felt like he was stabbing her.

It hurt, even through the twinges of pleasure that her body was forced to feel.

Through the horror, E was suddenly saved by the paladin-the golden hued male, who attacked and chased off the royal hued raptor.

E barely realized her assault stopped.

Nor did she entirely realize why it stopped.

She was just glad it was over.

And just like that-it started again in the form of her savior tasting her fragile sex with tongue and nipping with teeth.

Just like that, the horror started, once more.

Once more, E had a male defiling her.

Claiming her.

Filling her.

Even if it was only a tongue.

E barely registered what was going on.

It felt too much like a dream.

Seeing things that were her, happening to her, but not.

She could barely hear the two males fight for dominance of her sex.

She didn't even register which male would plunge his tongue deep into her body when a fight was won, until a new winner came on top.

It was an endless loop.

The only respite E got, was when the two males battled.

The dream seemed to shatter when a clawed foot slammed itself upon E's throat, causing the female to gurgle breath and struggle to breath in wheezes. The onyx hued male leered down upon her. A small mammal was held within his jaws, and his killing claw tapped and lightly scraped against her white throat in silent threat.

E's wide blue eyes stared up at the male, becoming wet and glossy in a film of tears.

Her body was trembling.

From fear.

From pain.

From forced pleasure.

She was scared!

She was scared she was going to die!

She was scared she was going to be hurt more!

E's jaws opened in a forced, breathless rasp upon feeling not one tongue, but two enter her. Her back arched, body writhing. Her clawed hands dug at the ground, breath harsh under clawed foot.

She attempted to use her legs to defend herself, to fight off her attackers.

That only resulted in the dominant male pressing harder upon her throat, and stopping her from breathing.

E gaped like a hapless fish out of water, tail thrashing and body squirming. She fought and struggled weakly, driven by primal terror.

The male's foot only relieved pressure when E's movements slowed, the female on the point of passing out.

The black scaled male cocked his head to the right, then to the left. Slowly, he lowered his neck, a small morsel of prey extending, as if in offering.

E's jaws gaped, as if to accept, to distract herself from the gorging males feasting upon her body.

As if to accept, in denial that her kind could not simply be this cruel.

As soon as E's jaws came near, the food was raised out of her reach.

It was a threat, and a bargaining tool.

Pleasure for food.

Their pleasure for her food.

Their pleasure for her survival.

E looked upon the ebony raptor, and then her eyes fell to an erection that hung between the male's legs, red and raging, pulsing with the anger of his pounding heart. Fluid lazily dribbled from the head, eager and angry.

The tears that welled within E's eyes rolled down her crimson cheeks, and she trembled.

Once more, she tried to call, to beckon, to plead for the Indoraptor-anyone-something-to come to her aid.

To help her.

To save her from the hurt.

E wanted attention from a male, to be cherished, to belong.

To be something.

But not like this.

She was not a pack member.

She was not a mate.

She was a slave.

E's horrified and pained squeals of being joined by two males was only quieted by the dominant male choking her.

Notes:

I was going to write further into the rape scene, if only to compare it to the consenting sex, but decided not to. So I kept it vague, but just graphic enough to put up a warning.

I was planning for Broken Raptors to end fairly soon, but I got a massive surge of ideas that will expand the work that would make it have actual antagonists regarding social pack politics.

I plan for next chapter to either focus upon Blue and the Indoraptor (as well as what exactly happened to Roberta and a more graphic depiction on how E survived Roberta), or Rust (which will introduce a new pack with drama and social politics). Or it may just be of E's continued struggles. She's bound to have massive (or more) PTSD.

For now, Broken Raptors has two premature sequels.

Beautifully Broken features the Indoraptor and E.

Scales of Ash and Rime (or just Scales of Ash, depending on the site) is focused on Blue and Storm.

Thank you for reading and supporting!

Chapter 17

Notes:

Second chapter out of three of E's arc. Or second out of four. I'm not sure yet. It depends on the characters.

Chapter has slight/vague sexual content because pack politics and flirting is power based on chimp behavior.

Basically, all OC pack behavior seen in this work is based off of known behaviors of complex social animals like birds, dolphins, ect.

Yes, the trio's names are meant to be ironic (except Usurper, he can be taken with a grain of salt).

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

E was unsure how many days passed since her injury by the Brown One, and her stumbling upon the coalition.

All the days and nights seemed to blend and bleed together, blur within her mind into one, long unwaking dream.

A dream with very simple rules.

E could not walk, thus she could not hunt.

E could not hunt, thus she could not eat.

The garnet and white scaled female was completely dependent upon the males for food, and they well knew that fact.

It was a fact the males took advantage of.

And it was an exploit that E both detested, and enjoyed.

It was a confusing mix of emotions and physical touch that E did not understand.

While the sanguine hued female did not want to mate with them-a part of her did.

She did not enjoy being bred by them-but a part of her did.

E enjoyed the euphoric pleasure they gave her with their maws and sexes.

E enjoyed the feeling of them being inside her, warming her body with theirs, claiming her body.

She enjoyed hearing their pleasured trills and hitched and strained breathing. Enjoyed feeling their bodies tremble in pleasure.

E enjoyed it because she, and only she, was making them feel good.

She was giving them pleasure no one else could.

She was their something.

Just as they were her something, too.

E found pleasure in their carnal desires, and as must as she hated it, found herself crying for more.

More.

More.

More.

More.

More, because she enjoyed the physical ecstasy of multiple males joining with her, breeding with her and tending to her greedy sex.

More, because she felt wanted.

Desired.

Craved.

Cherished.

More, because E didn't feel so alone when their warm, rough scales were gliding against her own, moist breath dancing in tilitation along her body.

More, because E felt safe when they were rutting her.

Safe, and warm, and protected-and valued.

Valued, like E was not with her former pack.

Valued, because so long as E was useful-even in the most smallest and pathetic of ways-they would not leave her alone.

E didn't want to be alone again, nor treated like an outcast.

A pariah.

A thing that just tagged along, hoping for acceptance.

The three males accepted her.

Or, perhaps, it was just tolerance, twisted into acceptance.

Lust, twisted into the perception of affection.

E was dominated by a confusing instinct that told her what she was doing was okay.

Was right.

That it was good to have them be inside her.

That it was good to have them fill her with their seed.

Fill her until her womb could simply hold no more, and excess would seep from her and coat her thighs.

The males would leave her alone once they were done, and E would be given food.

And then the confusing thing that told her it was okay would be gone, and emotions would dominate her sated instincts.

Thus, E would just lay there upon the ground, alone with the warmth of their essence and the memory of their bodies.

Alone, and disgusted with herself.

E wanted the attention of a male.

She enjoyed the sexual attention.

But that's all it was-basic, instinctive, and shallow.

E wanted more than sexual attention from a male.

She wanted to snuggle and enjoy the warmth and security that came in the afterglow of breeding. She wanted to enjoy and cherish the presence of another outside of physical intimacy.

She wanted attention that meant she belonged to another. Was involved with another. Was bonded with another.

Instead, E became little more than a bitch in heat, twisting primal lust for affection, and tolerance into acceptance.

E just wanted to go home, to her decrepit cabin, to her nest of blankets and ruined pillows and to her companion.

To her male.

Her real mate.

E missed the Indoraptor.

She always felt safe with him.

Here, she felt anything but security.

But at the same time, E felt a strange calm.

A calm, as she lay there in the dirt, leaves and dense branches poking at her scaled hide. Soft crackles could be heard as dried foliage popped and crunched under her weight as she teetered ever so slightly side to side, leg muscles tensing and falling lax.

E's head swiveled to her right, then her left, cerulean irises shrinking in width as her pupils dilated, black circles illuminating the backdrop of the sun's rays that broke through her hiding place. The red raptor's head tilted upwards at an incline as she listened to the calls of songbirds within the trees, her own whistling breathing joining their chorus of trills-if not by her own choice.

A quiet gurgle escaped the female, scaled lips parting ever so slightly as her moist tongue flicked and slid against her maw, the sun glittering and environment reflecting within the pools of her colorless saliva.

Her pupils narrowed, and fell to being mere pin pricks swallowed by an ocean of sapphire.

Her scaled toes flowered against the leafen ground, calloused white scales marred with earth and grass, talons the color of night flexing and softly thudding into the soil, tilling and toiling. Her nostrils flared as her chest shrank in exhale.

Briefly did the red and white raptor preen herself, scaled lips, teeth and tongue cleaning her clawed fingers, her arms, her feet.

The teeth marks from the Brown Monster still hurt upon her outer thigh.

Her hip still hurt-but E was unsure if that was from her injury, or from being bred so often.

E tended to her injured leg, cleaning the wound and inspecting it as best she could.

The wound was healing, however slowly. Clotted blood formed, her damaged scales tender and sore. Yellow slough formed in the crevices of her injury, foul smelling and thick. It was this cheesy substance that E was focused upon removing, seeking to achieve debridement.

It was a horrid, disgusting and painful process.

The scent was overpowering to the point it was almost vomit inducing.

Her scaled lips peeled back in disgust, and her head shook side to side swiftly, violently to rid the purulent taste from her tongue.

Her leg tensed, and her killing claw jammed into the ground again and again and again.

It was torture cleaning her wound.

It hurt so much, she whimpered and whined like a hatchling.

But E knew the yellow was not normal.

Not good.

Not healthy.

Thus, she worked to remove the slough, and expose healing tissue, moist and vascular.

This was why E was hiding.

To be alone, and tend to her wound in peace.

Only when E was finished, did she exit the safe confines of her thicket, and slip out into the open.

E was cautious in her exposure, looking to the left, then to the right. The only noise was the singing of the passeriformes, and the babbling of the shallow stream. The same little crick, the same rounded rocks of the riverbank, the same dense foliage and trees, the same steep incline she slipped down.

Perhaps it was a good thing E stumbled upon a pack that did not move or travel. It would be easier to find her way home. But then again, it was not like she could travel far with her injury. They may have simply been waiting for her to be healed before moving.

The female could be thankful she could at least walk despite the pain, and with a heavy limp.

Despite being physically idle, E learned much from her time with the males.

They did not appear to have a true alpha among them.

All three seemed to share power.

It was a fact that E noticed, and it was something that interested her.

If they squabbled, it was short, and brief.

No altercations drew blood, and if it did, it was not on purpose.

It was something that E found intriguing.

The female pattered with an unsteady, slow gait towards the lazily trickling stream, calloused feet molding and gripping upon the rocks as she did. When nearing the brook, she carefully lowered her head, and plunged her snout into the cool water, maw agape. She let the cold wet wash her teeth and tongue of foul slough, and clean away the taste of infection.

E briefly rose her head above the calming stream, cool water dribbling from her scaled maw. Her head cocked to the right, then to the left. Her calloused toes clacked against the smooth river rocks, the flow of the crick caressing and tickling her scales.

She did not see the males yet.

Did not hear their chatter.

E assumed they were out hunting, and if they were not out hunting, they were nearby.

At least E liked one thing about the males-They left her to her own devices.

After all, it was not like the red and white female could go far, with her wound.

But it was time alone that E was intent on making the most of.

Thus, the female rose from her drinking, neck twisting and head turning away from the stream, then her whole body.

E pattered off, gait slow and unsteady.

She moved from the smooth rocks of the riverbank, to dry, crunching grasses and fallen leaves, to sparse trees. While she did not go far, her body felt like it was quite the trek.

E's head swiveled, looking upon the trees, inspecting their bark, and girth.

A tree too thin.

A bark too smooth.

She needed a big tree.

A thick tree.

A gnarled tree of strong, rough bark.

A tree that would test the power of her killing claws and speed of her slashes.

It was not long before E found a tree that she deemed fitting of application.

E halted in her ungraceful stride, eyes narrowing to further inspect the tree.

It was wider than she was long, with great bark hardened with age. It was not a weak sapling or treeling her claws could easily sever.

Good.

She needed something strong.

Something stronger than her.

E stared at the powerful wood for some time, leg muscles tensing and killing claws flicking.

She moved to strike, to attempt a swift slash of her gutting claw.

E almost lost her balance, and fell to the ground.

Almost.

She stumbled, and hobbled sideways before regaining her footing. She shook herself, and snorted, scaled lips peeling back into a frustrated snarl, serrated teeth glinting.

Not good enough.

Not good enough!

She didn't even get to strike!

Stupid body!

Stupid leg!

Stupid weakness!

Stupid Brown Monster!

E righted herself, muscles rippling under sanguine and cream scales. She shifted her weight from foot to foot, grunting quietly as the motions brought pain.

Her body did not want to try, to strain, to fight.

It wanted rest.

But E was tired of resting.

Tired of being weak.

Tired of being the most pathetic in a pack.

She couldn't be weak anymore.

She needed to be strong.

Something.

E tried again, forceful, more wrathful.

A dull thunk echoed against the aged bark.

Her killing claw barely broke through the gnarled wood, sharp tip embedded ever so slightly.

She went to slash.

Instead, she stabbed.

It hurt too much to slash.

But she had to slash, not stab.

Stabbing wasn't good enough.

She needed to strike again.

Thunk.

Not hard enough.

Thunk.

Harder!

Thunk.

Deeper!

Thunk.

Harder! Faster! Deeper, damn it!

The pain of her leg wanted to make her stop.

But E didn't want to stop.

She was too frustrated with herself to stop.

Too irate.

Too wrathful.

Too frustrated.

Too vexed.

She only had one thing on her mind, through her grunts and heated breath, arteries pulsing under dawn hued scales.

If she needed to use her killing claws, she needed to use them just right.

It wouldn't matter if she was in pain if she would be dead.

The dull thunk of gutting claw battling wood continued.


The Paladin was the male of golden hue.

The Emperor was an amethyst shade.

The Usurper sported scales of volcanic rock.

Names of importance, if E had any semblance of such knowledge.

Alas, she did not.

She merely told them apart based on their scale colors.

Otherwise, she knew little about their individual personalities.

When E returned, her leg hurt even worse.

She would need to practice more.

She was not ready yet.

Not ready yet.

Her blue eyes flicked to the trio of males as she returned to the pack's little spot by the stream. The males briefly looked upon her, before returning towards their chitters and chirps.

E thought of settling down, away from the others.

Away from the males, where she would not be bothered until they would be driven by boredom or loneliness to interact with her.

E decided not to.

Rather, she decided to break out of her comfort zone, and approach.

After all, what was the worst they would do?

Snap at her to go away?

Mount her?

Thus, E approached, and ushered forth a quiet rasp in greeting.

It was a noise that made the males' necks twist to look upon the lame female's direction.

All three stared, eyes wide like newly hatched chicks from a shell. The Paladin cocked his head to the side. The Emperor narrowed his gave into thin slits behind royal lids. The Usurper uttered a series of soft, confused clicks of the tongue.

E hobbled towards the three males until she deemed that she had neared enough-a comfortable distance to socialize, if quite close to their bodies-enough to indicate a form of physical intimacy.

Her blue eyes flicked from male to male, inspecting and observing.

Seeing the female be so bold perplexed the trio, and they fidgeted in place, almost anxious and nervous.

It was as if E's mere presence had made their socializing awkward.

Perhaps they did not know how to communicate with E, given her handicap?

Perhaps their social graces were simply not up to par with those outside of their little coalition circle?

E's gaze roamed the males, the when her cerulean met theirs, they averted their eyes.

The female's lids lowered into an inquisitive leer.

It was a look the males shifted away from, muscles tense under striking scales.

Her gaze briefly eased into a less intense stare, and her head cocked to the right, then to the left.

Once more, E released a rasp in greeting, louder this time, as if demanding a response.

The posture of the males shifted to one of lax, to one of tension as they stood, glancing at one another, then up, down, left, right, all around.

All around except E.

E did not understand these males.

But taking the time to look at them, study them, E could tell they were young.

Young, but not young enough to need a parent.

Younger than her, at least.

Or so E guessed.

It was hard to tell.

E did not understand.

Where was all the power they had before?

Where was the feral cruelty?

Or, perhaps not intended cruelty-but...immaturity?

The brash and reckless nature of young raptors upon the verge of adulthood?

E was so used looking upon them from a distance, or from upon the ground, that she did not realize until now how small they were.

E would be larger than them-or at least taller, were she at her full height.

It then occurred to E that these males did not breed her so out of sadism and cruelty.

They simply treated her so out of pleasure-and because they enjoyed that pleasure.

And because they were young, and dumb.

Younger and dumber than her, at least, to waste so much time on mating.

Not that E entirely complained.

Were she their age, when the confusing flushes of puberty first rocked her body, she would have been content to be nothing but their little toy to breed. To have their bodies pleasure her own for how long they had the stamina.

Alas, E had places to be.

Like home.

And had kin to see.

Like the Indoraptor.

She did not have time to play games with these younger males.

But, E also knew she could not leave.

Not with her wound.

And if she did try to leave, she was unsure if the males would let her.

Thus, the red and white female decided to try her clawed hand at the complexities of social politics.

E's sapphire gaze flicked from the Usurper, to the Emperor, and lastly, to the Paladin.

Perhaps E was boring into them with such intensity, she unnerved them?

Perhaps they did not truly know how to interact with females?

Perhaps they did not know, that with like any addition or subtraction to the pack, the dynamic would shift.

The power was shifting, ever so slightly, and E was curious as to whether they were aware of that fact?

She saw it.

Surely they did, too?

Twice did E's attempts at communication go unanswered.

Rather than retreat to her lonesome, or back down, E was intent on joining the conversation.

Even if her hoarse and gargled calls clearly disturbed them.

Even if her whistled breath twisted her majestic calls into something of a parody of her kind's shrieks and trills.

The female raptor then decided to try a different tactic.

She planted her killing claws flat upon the ground with a flick of her large toes.

An attempt to indicate she was no threat.

An attempt to indicate that she simply wanted to be friendly.

Though, if the males wanted to harm, they surely would have by now.

The trio looked upon E, then towards her killing claws pressed flush to the ground, then towards each other. They appeared to be silently communicating with one another. Debating.

The Paladin craned his neck forward and downcast, eyes narrowing upon her ground sheathed talons. His golden head warbled, a noise of curiousness, and contemplation rumbling pass his scaled lips and jagged teeth.

Slowly, his large toes flicked, and his gutting claws were set flush against the earth.

E's pupils briefly dilated, and her head snapped at a downward slant to lock her gaze upon his sheathed talons.

The Usurper and Emperor did not lower their killing claws. Rather, they merely watched, confused and unsure.

E's eyes flicked upwards, looking upon the sun hued male.

Several tense seconds passed, before E suddenly approached in three strides, and moved to affectionately nuzzle the Paladin. A purr vibrated from her throat, moist breath dancing along the rivers of his scales. The Paladin blinked swiftly, breath hitching and scales lips pulling upward into a slight grimace, as if anticipating an attack. He flinched ever so slightly.

He certainly did not except such an affectionate nuzzle.

It was a shock, but not entirely unwelcomed one.

His tail swayed back and forth ever so softly, and a quiet, barely audible croon escaped his gullet.

And it was a nuzzle of warm scales pressing against his that caused the Paladin to return the physical attention.

The Emperor and the Usurper stared upon the pair, taloned hands clenching and unclenching in confusion.

What was going on?

Why was the female suddenly being so...friendly?

She was never like this before.

She was mainly content to be left alone.

The lavender and night scaled raptors were perplexed, and unsure of what to make of the situation.

They were even more uncomfortable-and upset-when E's simple, innocent affections became more bold, and suggestive.

She began to rub herself upon the length of the gold raptor akin to a feline in season, purring as her intentions became more obvious. Her scaled lips nipped and soft tongue licked along his jaw, his neck, his chest. She would rise her hips to the best of her ability, showcasing herself shamelessly before turning back around to press firmly into the warm mass of scales that was the Paladin.

His nares flared, and his pupils dilated. His chest began to heave in deep intakes of breath, eyes locked upon the swaying of her teasing hips. An erection began to form between the Paladin's legs-much to the chargin of his two male companions.

The Usurper and Emperor leered through thin slit, scaled lips peeling back into displeased snarls. The Emperor's scaled throat puffed and swelled in irritation, and his throat riveted in a hiss.

The two males were quite unhappy by this sudden turn of events.

They were even more upset because E's attentions were not focused upon them.

A sudden, forceful bark signaled the despondent and disgruntled opinion of the Usurper.

It was an opinion that briefly made the Paladin's gaze break from E's shameless showcasing, to his allies.

It was an opinion that the Paladin decided he did not care about, for he began to shadow around the lame female, erection pulsing and throbbing in want. Though his head was currently busy attempting to bury itself between E's thighs-which was troublesome given that the scarred raptor was moving. It did not help that his own ache was well known, and hindering the normally graceful stride of his gait.

E would resume her slow movements. All this showcasing was tiring, and all this limping was making her leg hurt even more. Thus, E decided to solve both of her problems by lowering herself to the ground, and submitting herself as she simply awaited to be mounted.

Rather than feeling a greater weight set itself upon her, E heard the hawk like screeches of enraged and dueling males, driven by desire and jealously.

E did not bother to look behind her.

She was content to just rest for now, until the victor claimed her.

She could play this little game of pack politics.

She just needed to be smart about it.

She now knew she could crack their alliance.

She knew she could control them.

She only hoped they wouldn't catch on.

Notes:

Thank you for reading and supporting.

Please feel free to leave a review and give me your thoughts on the characters/story in general.

Also, please do not expect all the raptor characters to suddenly start holding hands and sing a Disney song just because they're the same species and are social.

Pretty much all of the packs involved have been very piss poor with shitty/unfit leaders (or no leadership, like the noble trio, that E is taking advantage of).

Though in my personal and unpopular opinion, Rust was the best leader so far. I'd say second compared to Storm, but very little, if at all of his leadership was written yet.

On the plus side, I like writing a more calloused and hardened E. She's showing her real potential rather than the dippy OC that she's been protrayed as.

:)

Stay safe!

Chapter 18

Notes:

I decided to take a break from E.

I based Storm's vocalizations on Barn Owls. Bravo's screams were more hawk like. :) And nasally.

I also don't remember ever detailing Storm's eye color. So I decided to actually bother to give him an eye color. I apologize if I stated his eye color before and it's suddenly different lol

I also apologize for any spelling or grammar errors. I generally update on AO3 a day or so later than on Fanfiction because I actually comb through any errors on here. So the work on here is generally of slightly higher quality.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The red female was caught in the jaws of the Brown One.

The same Brown One that helped Blue fight the White One.

The same Brown One, with crushing jaws and scars, that helped her avenge the deaths of her sisters.

Blue was lucky.

Very lucky.

She did not have to witness her sisters die.

Hear them cry.

Hear them scream.

Hear them in horror.

See them in pain.

See their bodies break like twigs between harrowing jaws.

There was no kinship between Blue and the Brown One, despite their struggles together to battle the White One.

Because where the scarred female raptor was now, in between the crushing predator's jaws, leg muscles rend and trapped at the hip, caught upon thick teeth-That was where Blue would have been.

Should have been.

But Blue froze, and the blood colored female pushed her out of the way.

She pushed Blue out of the way of the Brown One and her crushing jaws, and onto the ground.

Yes.

The sanguine kin was where the blue striped sister should have been.

Why?

Why did she do that, after the other female was hostile?

It didn't matter, Blue thought.

The blood scaled female was going to kill her, perhaps.

Why save her?

Why try and help her?

Blue was content to let the other female surrender to her fate in the jaws of death.

Almost.

Almost, if not a distant memory, however cloudy and hazy from time.

Like the fleeting thought before, Blue saw the aftermath of the slaughter of her sisters.

She saw Echo.

Body crushed and broken, bent in unnatural ways from merciless jaws, blood pooling from teeth too sharp once embedded into her scales.

Echo died the same way the red and white raptor would die.

And Blue would watch her die, the same way Echo would have died.

Hear cries her sister would have called, in pain, in horror.

Blue may not have been able to save Echo.

Or Charlie.

Or Delta.

But she would, if she could.

And letting this lone female to die was the same as doing nothing for her sister.

Blue would not be idle.

For every sister lost, a new life needed to be saved.

Blue saved Winter.

And she would save this one, too, in honor of her sisters.

Or at the very least, try to.

Blue's amber eyes crackled alight akin to a glittering pyre aglow in the dark of night. Her scaled lips peeled back into a ferocious snarl, jagged teeth gleeming under a film of saliva. Her pupils expanded like twin black holes in wide slits devouring a galaxy of golden stars.

A scream of defiance, and rage welled and surged from her grey scaled throat that signaled Blue's charge. Her clawed hands were poised to grasp, developed leg muscles tensing in preparation for the feline leap and killing claws poised. Her feet pounded against the earth and swallowed the distance between predator and prey in but five fervid strides.

When Blue leapt into the air, she pierced her killing claws into what felt like a mound of flesh that was so concentrated, it may as well have been a boulder. She felt the aged tawny scales quiver and wrinkle in waves from absorbing the impact, and then felt the muscles tense like rocks underneath as her talons raked and clawed, seeking to find purchase to climb upon the Brown One's back.

The world rocked and shook as the crushing beast grunted, and stumbled, releasing an enraged bellow of vexation-and perhaps pain.

The action caused the Brown One to drop the red raptor from her jaws, the female landing in a heap of sanguine and white scales.

The hulking beast twisted her blocked head, broad snout snapping at her attacker with such force saliva sprayed forth, and cracks akin to distant thunder echoed. Alas, the crushing beast could not reach Blue, who had climbed upon her muscular back.

The cobalt striped sister with crackles of white would resume her defiant-if futile-assault, clawed hands raking against the Scarred One's hide, jagged teeth biting, yet breaking little skin. Even her killing claws struggled to pierce through the calloused hide upon the Brown One's back-and that made Blue struggle to find purchase and stability as the muscles below her feet shifted and writhed.

Her attacks were useless and the raging beast underneath her radiated an aura of doom. The echos of its jaws thundering through the air in its attempts to devour her rocked her ears, warm, consuming saliva settling upon her grey hide and fetid, moist breath overwhelmed her nares.

The Brown One's jaws smelled of death.

Sweet, yet rancid.

Blue could see her own reflection in the glistening saliva of the beast's thick and powerful teeth, grooves within them like gnarled bark of a tree.

They were too close for comfort, and she shifted her weight to the opposite side of the monster's back.

Blue did not notice if the red female fled.

She did not notice if she even got up from her wounds.

She was too busy trying to not get eaten in turn.

The bulky beast gave a frustrated bellow, and turned its heard to snap upon its other flank, powerful legs stomping and pawing in rage akin to an angry bull. Her body shook, and Blue struggled to hold on.

Blue lost purchase with her feet as the mountain shifted.

She slipped and fell to the ground below.

The crushing maw descended.


The brother and sister resumed their search.

Winter's blue eyes flicked and her head twisted, searching for any sign of the grey scaled female with cobalt stripes rimmed a crackling white. Her nostrils flared, her intakes of breath swift and shallow. And then slow and deep.

Checking the air for any scent left by her packmate.

It was there, but faint.

The siblings were on her trail, following Blue's ever strengthening scent and more prominent footprints.

The still air was pierced by another one of Storm's echoing trills, shrill and haunting akin to a barn owl's banshee scream. His avian shriek carried and rolled along the forested hills and rebounded along the trees.

It was such a blood curling screech that Winter flinched away from her brother.

It was an odd noise.

A strange, frightening noise.

A noise of such terrible strength and pitch she never thought it could come from her meek brother.

A call so powerful and dominant-Winter would have thought such a call would come from Bravo in his hawk like calls.

Instead, it came from her brother.

Her shy, meek, timid brother.

But Winter suspected that Storm was not her brother, anymore. At the very least, not the same brother she once knew.

He was a different brother.

The Storm she knew would avoid confrontation.

Avoid responsibility.

Avoid danger.

Remain quiet.

Remain small.

A timid male that could easily be stepped on by others.

A shy male that disliked stepping out of her shadow.

This Storm was different.

Winter saw a change in him the moment he killed her mate.

Mate?

No...Bravo was not her mate.

He was just using her.

The brother Winter knew would never harm another of their kind.

Yet Storm not only harmed, but killed.

Winter's cerulean eyes flicked towards the smoking scales of her brother. She watched him as he moved-poised, assertive.

His movements were with purpose.

They had intent behind them.

Determination.

A goal that was based upon finding Blue.

In truth, Winter wondered if she should fear her brother.

Fear Storm.

She knew her brother-the timid brother from before.

That Storm would never hurt her.

But she did not know this Storm-this brother.

The Storm she knew would not hurt her, but what of this Storm?

This new Storm?

...Winter was unsure.

A second shriek from Storm pierced the skies and echoed along the redwoods. It jolted Winter from her thoughts, and made her jump in start.

It was a noise that her grey scaled sibling noticed, Storm twisting his neck to look upon the white female. A soft rumble riveted from his throat, a noise that was akin to a curious, if concerned purr. His head cocked to the right, pupils narrowing upon his sister.

Winter could see herself within her brother's eyes.

She was reflected within the sparkling black voids of his pupils, the eye of a storm that consisted of swirls of striking blue and a vivid viridian dotted with faint flecks of gold. She was the eye of the storm.

The center of his world.

Winter never realized how alive her brother's eyes were until now.

How sparkling and breathtaking they were.

They were beautiful and vivid-so unlike his ashen scales.

They almost reminded her of Bravo's eyes-fiery and alight with passion in all their golden ambiance.

Storm would make a good mate.

A good mate to a very lucky female.

This Storm was the male Storm should have been all along.

Like Bravo-but better.

Because Winter saw the concern and care that her brother held for her, deep in the shimmering array of viridian and sapphire painted with flecks of sunlight.

She saw the genuine, rapt attention within the black voids of his pupils twinkling like stars in the night sky.

Storm would not hurt her.

Storm would never hurt her.

Yes, Storm would make a very good mate to a very lucky female.

Storm would be another's Bravo, but better.

Winter released a deep exhale, hot breath pushing through her flaring nostrils. She did not respond to Storm's concerned rumble with a comforting call. Rather, the white scaled female slowly, gently, pressed her warm and soft snout to nuzzle against his own. Tenderly, lovingly did her scaled lips brush against his.

Their hot, moist breath intermingled, and their eyes locked.

His eyes met hers.

Her eyes met his.

The storm became lost in the icy winter.

The frozen cerulean of her eyes became lost in his storm born gaze.

The grey scaled male was quite perplexed by his sister's sudden actions, though did not pull away. His clawed hands curled and flexed in idle thought, and it was not before a low purr riveted from his throat in please. His scaled snout rubbed gently, carefully along her own, sharp eyes studying her.

Storm's breath exhaled in a deep sigh, body falling lax. His scaled lids closed tight, and he pressed himself harder against his sibling as his head slid along hers.

He wrapped Winter into an embrace, pressing his chest flush to her own and sliding his neck along her scales. His jaw lay heavily upon her shoulder. His clawed hands moved to grasp at her forearms in an attempt to hold, to cherish.

To support and protect.

To be closer to Winter than he already was.

Because he saw what was held within his sister's ice born eyes.

He saw fear.

He saw worry.

He saw sadness.

He saw grief.

The pain of losing one that she thought would be her mate-her future-only to be attacked and betrayed.

The pain of being used and then cast aside like a predator's plaything.

To watch all she ever knew as a pack, fall apart so swiftly with the coming of a single stranger.

Winter's life fell apart.

Rust left-perhaps even died.

Bravo died.

And Storm was all she had left.

Her brother.

Her family.

Winter did not want to lose her everything.

She did not want to lose Storm.

The one who never hurt her.

The one who never betrayed her.

The one who loved her no matter how badly she treated him, and tossed him aside for the affections and attentions of potential mates.

Winter's whole body trembled, and shook.

Her legs buckled, and her breathing hitched and quivered.

Her throat tightened.

Her vision blurred as her eyes watered, tears that did not yet fall welling over her scaled lower lids.

Her taloned hands grasped at Storm-her brother, desperately, pleadingly, helplessly, as if a chick begging its parent.

She felt his warm, powerful form against her, over her, beside her.

Winter buried herself into the grey sea, chirping pitifully, fearfully among harsh intakes of breath.

Winter felt safe with Storm.

Felt safe with her brother.

But it was safety and affection that Winter did not deserve.

Love and care and protection that she did not deserve.

Because Winter was a bad sister.

Winter looked down on Storm because he was timid, and shy.

Because she thought he was weak.

The white raptor would snap and bully her brother just because she could, and be mean to him and ignore his objections to her dalliance with Bravo.

It was not fair to Storm.

Storm was being a good sibling, a good brother.

He was, always was, even when he was at his worst-when Winter was at her worst, and most undeserving.

Winter thought she was the strongest of the pair.

The white scaled sister discovered she was walking along side the best sibling all along.

She just did not notice it until now.

Storm deserved her love.

He deserved all her love, even if it was not enough-would never be enough-because Winter did not deserve her brother's love even when she was at her best.

Winter loved Storm.

She decided she would try harder, for his sake, as they held one another, felt one another, enjoyed one another.

Winter would be the sister Storm deserved.

The sister he always deserved.

Because Winter could handle losing everything except Storm.


Blue hit the ground with a thud and a cry that was cut short mid shriek as the air was forced from her lungs.

Her heart hammered.

Her blood pumped.

Urging her body to move.

Urging her to live.

Faster than she thought possible, the grey female rose to her feet, and bolted in raw terror.

She heard the echoing boom of powerful jaws snapping behind her, felt the thick and wet saliva splash upon her hide.

Felt the wind from the beast's teeth clamping shut and blowing against her scales.

A bellow as loud as a howling storm erupted from behind Blue, and the ground quaked as the beast gave chase.

Blue gave a panicked screech as her muscular legs powered her onward, ever forward and away from the danger. It was hard to tell if the earth was shaking due to how hard her feet were pounding against the ground, or if it was simply due to the Brown One giving chase.

Blue did not look back.

She just ran.

She was too scared to look back and see a gaping maw scoping her up and swallowing her whole.


Blue ran until she couldn't.

She ran until it felt like her lungs were on fire.

She ran until it felt like her throat would close shut.

She ran until her muscles begged her to stop.

She ran until her heart felt like it was going to explode it was pounding so hard and swift.

Blue's breathing was harsh and forceful, maw agape and tongue lolling from her mouth. Her normally feline like pupils were dilated and wide, eyes rimmed red.

She did not feel the Brown One's footsteps rumbling the ground.

She did not hear the Scarred One's angry bellows.

She did not see a hulking beast with crushing teeth.

Blue knew that she was safe, at least from that particular monster.

What Blue did not expect, was to run into another.

Blue was lulled into a false sense of security in her body's quest for respite.

She only realized she was being hunted when it was too late.

The Indoraptor was already upon her by the time she realized she was in danger.


The Indoraptor was upon her with jagged talons and gnarled teeth.

It was almost too easy to pin the Blue One down, and render her helpless.

She was so fatigued, it almost felt as if she could not fight back. Almost. Because the grey female was most certainly struggling against the black and gold male's developed forearms.

It was almost pathetic, that this same female was the one that fought him with so much zeal the night he escaped his cage!

And now-after so long-after all his fantasizing and perfecting his claws upon hapless prey-his dreams would be dreams no more!

They would be real!

He would feel his teeth piercing her hide!

Taste her blood on his tongue!

Rake out her innards with his claws!

The hybrid looked upon the grey scaled sister, gnarled grin twisting upwards tic by ghoulish tic. His amber eyes glimmered in a predatory sheen, malignant and shining in sadistic glee.

He could see the fear in the Blue One's eyes. Feel her body writhe against him, feel her tremble in horror.

Feel her panicked breathing rock his taloned fingers that held her smaller body down.

Feel her heart beat in flight.

He could feel the excitement rise within him.

A pleasure that was different from the others he knew-different form pleasure of feeding and drinking.

Different from the pleasure of feeling another upon him.

It was dark.

It was sadistic.

It was dominating.

It was similar to a pleasure of mating-the want of mating.

But something darker.

A confusing mix of sexual excitement, and sadism.

The Indoraptor's quills raised in fervor, and his golden eyes began to rim red. Saliva welled within his jagged jaws and his muscular chest expanded as he inhaled the Blue One's scent, drags long and deep.

The hybrid's skeletal facial features twisted into a snarl, and a horrid, guttural screech escaped him.

She smelled like E!

She smelled like E!

She smelled like E!

Rage and fury blinded his vision red, and the Indoraptor's clawed fingers dug into her shoulder, nails raking against scales and threatening to pierce.

Blue cried out, body weakly thrashing to try and break from the predator's grip.

She called for help.

Pleaded for help.

But her cries were severed short by the Indoraptor's jaws clamping her maw shut.

She could feel his teeth pierce the soft scales of her jaw, and above her brow. She could feel his claws sink into her flesh and muscles.

His breath stank.

His teeth were sharp and hurt.

He was going to crush her skull!

He was going to crush her head!

He was going to bite off her head!

It hurt!

It hurt!

It hurt!

Blue's body thrashed and spasmed helplessly, desperately against the hybrid.

But it was too strong.

The monster was too strong.

She tried to cry.

But all that came was shrill whines and whimpers as she tried with no avail to break free.

The Indoraptor's head was filled with nothing but rage.

Rage, and red hot fury.

She smelled like E!

She smelled like E!

She smelled like E!

His E!

His something!

His something!

His E-His something!

Something-and now nothing!

Tears boiled within his eyes and blurred his vision.

Hot and angry and sad.

The Blue One was dangerous!

The Blue One was better off as nothing!

The Blue One killed E!

The Blue One killed his something!

Killed his E!

Killed his E-his something-and left him with nothing!

If only the Indoraptor killed her when he had the chance!

Then E wouldn't be dead!

Dead like his brother!

Dead like prey!

Dead like his captors!

Dead! Dead! Dead!

The only one that didn't deserve to die-died!

The only one that was nice to him-died!

The only one that never hurt him-died!

The only one that wanted to mate with him-join with him-died!

The only one that showed him that everything didn't have to hurt-

That there was good-

-playing-

-cuddling-

-nuzzling-

-sharing-

-feeling-

-touching-

-breathing-

-loving-

-Gone!

Hot, angry, tears boiled over his scaled lids and streamed down his obsidian cheeks. Snot ran freely from his nares that spouted in fury akin to a raging geyser.

Muffled, distorted screams tore from his throat.

Wails of raw anger and a heart that was far too broken for a creature that was never meant to exist.

Blue could hear nothing but the harrowing screams of her soon to be killer.

Tears were running down her grey scales, mixing with the blood that dribbled from her pierced skin.

She could hear the cracking of her own skull steadily breaking in her ears.

She was going to die.

Die like her sisters did.

Die like Bravo did.

Blue never imagined dying would hurt so much.

She couldn't imagine what it was like to die.

She didn't want to know what it felt like.

But it didn't matter.

Blue couldn't save her sisters.

She couldn't save Bravo.

She couldn't even save herself.

She was going to die.

Just like all the others.

...Blue missed her sisters...

...She missed Bravo...

...She missed her human alpha...

The cracking of her bones was all she could hear.

And then a harrowing, shrill scream akin to a raging ave.


Blue didn't understand what happened.

She was going to die.

She was in a monster's mouth.

And just like that-she was released.

She didn't remember what happened must shortly afterwards.

All she remembered was a blur of noises so loud it hurt her ears.

She didn't remember seeing much.

Other than seeing red-she just saw darkness.

Maybe that's what death was like?


Winter couldn't believe what she was seeing!

A monster was attacking Blue!

And she couldn't believe that Storm led the charge!

Winter slowed in her advance towards her captured packmate-and to her horror-Storm did not.

He did not falter.

He advanced, and gave no quarter.

He leapt upon the monster with teeth bared and talons poised.

The monster was knocked to the ground, and Blue was released.

Winter did not join the fray.

She was too frightened to join her brother in battle.

Too cowardly to fight.

Rather, the white sister turned her attention towards Blue.

Winter lowered herself, and nudged the grey female with urgency, beckoning her to rise, to flee, to escape. Blue sported piercing wounds from teeth and claw, rivers of red flowing from her injuries.

Her eyes were half lidded, and a slurred gurgling noise escaped from her throat.

Winter nudged Blue once, twice, thrice-harder each time. Her blue eyes flicked anxiously, nervously towards Blue, to the blood, to anywhere except where she heard the fighting.

Her brother fighting.

She was too scared to look.

Too scared to see her sweet brother fight such a monster.

Too scared to see her Storm get hurt, but fight without fear.

Winter's blue eyes briefly flicked to the battle.

To the angry hisses and screams.

She wished she didn't.

She saw Storm get thrown against a tree as if he were nothing.

Like a bone being cast aside after all the meat was stripped from it.

And then the black and gold monster turned towards them, amber eyes glinting in madness and rage.

The monster bellowed, and charged.

The Indoraptor squealed as Storm leapt upon his back, the grey male's weight causing the hybrid to stumble and smash his jaw to the ground. Storm's jaws clamped upon the base of the hybrid's quilled head, pulling and forcing the Indoraptor's neck to bend backwards. Forcing the beast to back up and get away from his packmates.

Storm's talons raked along the beast's neck, a clawed hand seeking to gorge out an amber eye. His killing claws sought to find purchase in the flesh of the hybrid's shoulders.

The white female once more turned her attention from the ensuing fight, to Blue. Winter barked, nudged and even kicked, attempting to get Blue to rise.

To wake.

To do something.

Because Winter was too scared to watch her brother fight the monster.

She could handle Blue being hurt.

She could hand a monster being a threat.

But she couldn't handle Storm fighting.

Fighting a monster all by himself because Winter was a horrible sibling.

She was too scared to fight.

But she was more scared of the situation.

She could fight if Storm wasn't there.

But he was.

He was there.

And she just...just couldn't.

More fighting.

More grunting, screaming, hissing, thrashing.

Winter busied herself, and before to furiously lick Blue.

Desperately try to get her packmate to rise.

The closest thing she had to a sister to rise.

To busy her mind from her sweet, loving brother fighting to keep the monster away from them.

Fighting to keep the monster away from his injured packmate, and his undeserving sister.

Winter heard a pained cry-a grunt, really.

Then a hiss.

Then a cracking pop.

Then a horrid, bone chilling scream that made her blood run cold.

When Winter looked, she wished she never did.

She saw the monster overpower her brother, and rip off his arm with its jaws.

Hot blood spurted like a river, flooding the ground and staining grey scales a shade of crimson.

Winter wasn't sure which was louder.

Storm's cry of shock and agony.

Her cry of horror.

Or the monster's twisted chortle, like a beast choking on offal, and drinking her brother's blood.

Notes:

Thank you for reading!

I half assed this chapter, and was going to have a lot more detail to Storm fighting the Indoraptor. But I wanted to get this chapter out, and wasn't sure when I would be able to properly update.

If anyone is confused on the Indoraptor flipping his shit over Blue, I feel that the Indoraptor sees Blue as a negative entity of overall bad shit. He associates Blue with the worst of the worst, and in smelling E on her, jumped the gun and assumed Blue killed E.

I was actually rereading parts of E's sex scene with the Indoraptor, and realized he's a fucking psychopath, so I wanted to incorporate his mental instability more in the story.

Like so:

1. E being with the Indoraptor does not magically cure him of mental illness. E can help the Indoraptor heal and get better, but it does not mean E's mere presence and support is a cure all. The Indoraptor can relapse and become a real danger.

2. E is not safe with the Indoraptor. The Indoraptor can easily become obsessive. E is not immune to the Indoraptor's violent nature just because she's nice to him. Harming E may not be his intention, but there is always that risk of E getting hurt.

3. The Indoraptor is sadistic, and has difficulty separating true sexual intimacy from sexual violence and domination (which would probably borderline, if not be rape). I noticed this when rereading bits of the sex scene. The Indoraptor was tempted to toy with E like she was a little play thing or a prey item to just use. It may not be his intention to use her or sexually hurt her, but the temptation was clearly there. So I have no doubt his attack on Blue would have been both to physically harm and sexually assault.

The Indoraptor is not a mentally sound animal, and I just feel like I should write him a bit different with he doesn't have E around to basically be his security blanket.

That being said, I can only imagine the Indoraptor's reaction to E eventually returning. I'm unsure if he would be relieved, or would see her returning either with a gaggle of males (or smelling like a bunch of males) as a betrayal.

On another note, I have a soft spot for Storm.

Storm is best boi, and his scene with Winter just happened.

Please feel free to give your thoughts!

Stay safe!

Chapter 19

Notes:

I apologize for any spelling and grammar errors. I'm not sure when I'll be able to update this story next, since I'm quite busy.

I wanted to write more for this chapter, but it was sitting in my docs for weeks untouched so I just decided to publish it.

So I apologize for the pathetic chapter length.

But I do like writing Alpha! E.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Once more, like before, the dynamics of the pack shifted.

Shifted and swayed like the ever flowing currents of a river.

Once more, leadership changed.

Once more, E found herself at the epicenter of the pack's daily activities.

However, unlike before, E found herself to be something.

And that something-something-was not just something.

It was an alpha.

The change was slow and gradual as the days and nights seemed long and nigh never ending.

E missed home.

She missed her mate.

But she had to admit-She liked this power.

Just as she found pleasure in the attention she received from her ever competing pack members-and suitors.

A series of purrs riveted form E's white throat in please as a heated, moist tongue glided across her garnet scales and slathered her scarred skin in a glittering film of saliva. The Paladin's golden flesh riddled with minor scars and healing wounds seemed to illuminate in the gentle rays of the sun. The day was warm as the radiant light simmered the skies on a cloudless day. The branches of age old trees swayed to and fro in a welcoming, slow breeze.

The Paladin was caring and tender in his affections, moist tongue preening his alpha's sanguine hued skin, hot breath dancing along E's scales and causing a shiver to run along her spine.

The pair lay together upon soft dirt and grass, bodies pressed firmly against one another to share in the warmth of one another. The only constant to the female's pleased purrs were the gentle trickle of the crick, and the soft chittering of the Usurper and the Emperor at the edge of the stream.

E's blue eyes were closed lightly behind scaled lids, facial muscles lax. She enjoyed feeling the radiating warmth from her current Favorite. The moist breath upon her scales. The soft tongue gliding along her sensitive skin, teeth lightly nipping in the Paladin's preening of his alpha. He was tender in his preening, cleaning and massaging with scaled lips, teeth and tongue along his alpha's back, her shoulders, her chest, her neck, her scalp.

E couldn't imagine that such brutal males could be so caring towards her.

So loving.

So sincere.

And her purrs only grew louder, mind wandering, imagining, dreaming.

That her current Favorite was replaced by the Indoraptor.

The striking, vivid, attractive male with dull scales, brought to life with a gold stripe on each side.

Her powerful, handsome male with burning amber eyes and sharp pupils and erect quills.

Her male, that could easily use his jaws to harm her-gave her pleasure, and comfort instead.

With his tongue.

With his breath.

With his body.

Her powerful, strong alpha-So like her kind, yet so different.

Perhaps there were others of his kind?

Other males, other females.

What if he found a female of his kind, and chose her over E as his mate?

It was a thought E did not enjoy to entertain.

And it was a thought that soured her mood, and quieted her once content purring. It was a deafening quiet that the Paladin noticed, and his attentions slowly ceased, replaced with a brief brush of warm scaled lips against her own. His warm breath danced along her sensitive skin, and a moist tongue gave a soft, gentle lick, as if asking for acceptance-for entrance-to slip into her serrated maw and join with hers.

It was an advance that E denied and refuted with a twist of her head, scaled lips peeling back to expose rows of vicious knives.

It was a warning the Paladin took in earnest; His neck craned back as he pulled away, a chitter in confusion and worry escaping him. The Paladin's head tilted to the right in concern, yet curiosity as his eyes shined with something akin to eager intelligence-a desire to learn his error and correct.

E's pupils narrowed ever so slightly as her nostrils flared in slight irritation.

Slowly, fluidly did her lips fall lax and settle to sheath her teeth. Her facial features softened and her eyes looked upon her current Favorite. The black voids of her pupils drank in his features-the light scars and nics that tattered his sun kissed flesh from hunts and minor squabbles for her favor-the vivid, striking hue of his scales that shined in the warm light of the sun.

The Paladin's scales were vivid, striking and golden.

Attractive.

Head turning.

He reminded her of the Indoraptor.

That was why he was her current Favorite.

The Paladin reminded her of her true mate's attractive and stunning lure.

The bright, shimmering scales that any female would no doubt find eye catching.

Those piercing, predatory amber eyes with pupils as sharp as teeth-intense and hungry.

Calculating.

Daring.

Intelligent.

Wrathful.

They were like her current Favorite's eyes-but so much different.

But at least for now, she could pretend.

E's snout then tenderly, gingerly pressed against the Paladin's own, scaled lips rubbing and gliding against warm flesh and heated breath. Their serpentine tongues tied together tenderly in a dalliance under the warm rays of the cheery day.

The only thing that sounded louder than the trickle of the nearby crick, was the rivetting of their own purrs from content throats.


E could not vocalize like her pack members.

Thus, her method of leadership was quite different.

Orders were not given by rasps and trills and barks.

They were given by teeth, tongue and body.

Jaded eyes flickered to the sun basking pair-then to each other. The Emperor and the Usurper both looked from their female alpha and their more golden hued packmate in brief flickers.

Both males were communicating in quiet chitters and idle chatter.

And both were quite upset at the closeness their comrade was sharing with their alpha.

But they both decided not to make a move-yet.

Their alpha would eventually show them attention when she tired of her current Favorite.

But still-the anticipation-the wait-it was much.

Almost too much.

And just like every pack-there was also a lesser member.

The Emperor was one such male.

The royal hued male, desperate and lonely for female companionship-looked over and denied by his alpha-thrice thus far.

The crimson female's first choice was the Paladin.

Then the Usurper.

Then the Paladin once more.

Each companionship would last for days-and then E would chose another.

Another male to preen and be preened, to spend time with, to bask in the sun with, to pleasure each other.

The knowledge that he was missing out on such opportunities with his alpha was making the Emperor restless, and anxious.

Desperate.

Worried.

The purple hued male was distressed, and quite eager for his alpha's attentions.

Perhaps the only comfort the Emperor could stomach, was that his alpha was quite an advocate of sexual boundaries.

She would not allow a male to fully breed her-not without her consent.

The Emperor knew better to earn the ire of his alpha.

Because the little female was vicious when pressed.

Thus, the Emperor watched, now blocking out the attempts at communication from his black scaled kin. He was staring at her-E, and the Paladin.

Staring for perhaps too long, for he caught himself, and looked away. His eyes flicked to the dark hued male, then towards the ground, back towards the Usurper, then towards the trickling stream.

His attention then fell upon the waters within-or more specifically-the brief, silvery flickers of fish scales caught within the rays of the sun.

Perhaps, just perhaps...He could impress his alpha enough to earn her gaze.


E's approach was felt more than heard as she rubbed up against the length of the Usurper in greeting, warm scales brushing up against warmer. A low croon of a purr escaped her, her smaller body gliding along the black scaled male's own like water.

The Paladin trotted up behind his smaller alpha, eyes watching the display in curiosity and interest.

The Usurper gave a brief rasp before nuzzling his own snout against hers in acknowledgement and greeting.

It was a ritual of greeting that the Emperor was keen to interrupt in his approach, a high pitched chirp ringing from his scaled throat. An attempt to get attention. An attempt to turn the head of his alpha, and have her gaze cast upon him.

A morsel of a minnow was held between his jaws, which was extended in offering.

E looked upon the purple hued male. Her oceanic blue eyes then narrowed upon the minnow. Her scaled lips rose and peeled back into an agitated snarl.

But despite her flashing of teeth, she was quite swift to sheathe them-and extend her neck forward and accept the tribute.

Carefully, tenderly did the Emperor deliver the gift into E's open maw-as if they were moving with an egg more so than simple prey.

His alpha accepted!

She accepted!

The Emperor was quite pleased at that!

He was pleased because it was something.


E knew that she was perhaps quite unfair to the purple hued male.

No, not perhaps-was.

E was quite biased in her selection of Favorites.

In truth, her biases were quite petty, for the alpha chose her current companions based upon their scale colors.

The Usurper-black-and the Paladin-gold.

Black and gold, gold and black.

The colors of her alpha back home, in their aged wooden shelter long abandoned.

E missed the Indoraptor.

Was he safe? Was he injured? What if he ran into danger, or became injured and could no longer hunt?

Was he scared? Worried? Fretting? Stressing? Searching for her?

Was her alpha-her mate-okay?

Okay, and safe, and warm and well fed in their home?

E's killing claws twitched and flicked, her hands grasping and uncurling, nails clacking against one another in nervous fidgeting. She was nervous-anxious-unsteady.

Not calm, not collected, and not in control-despite her new found status.

E's scaled head swiveled from side to side, cerulean eyes wide and pupils large.

She looked to the right-towards the little domain of her pack-then to the left-to the little slope beyond the crick from whence she came.

Should she leave?

Should she go home?

Home, to her alpha and mate?

Would the males allow her to leave?

Would they stay, if she deemed them not to follow?

How much could she order them, until they decided to just not listen?

What if they followed and encountered her mate?

Would they fight, or stand down?

What if her mate got hurt?

Her mate was strong.

Very strong.

He wouldn't be strong if he wasn't big.

But could the Indoraptor handle three males if a fight came to it?

Would E be able to prevent them from fighting?

Could she make them all stand down?

Yet worse-what if the hybrid was currently tracking her down?

No...No. Her mate would be here by now, if he was following her scent.

What if he got attacked by the Brown Monster?

Eaten?

Killed?

It was a thought E swiftly pushed from her mind.

Instead, E began to swivel herself away from the quietly babbling stream and towards her pack. The three males looked upon their alpha from their resting positions upon the ground, their quiet chattering with themselves ceasing.

E was swift to move and snap at their flanks in an order to rise to their feet.

It was time to hunt.

And for the first time, in a long time, E was going to participate in an actual hunt.


E did not lead her pack from the front.

She led from the back of the kettle, snapping and biting her packmates akin to a stallion nipping at the stragglers of a galloping herd.

If E wanted her pack to speed up, she would snap and nip at the crest of their hips.

If E desired a male to veer to the left, she would nudge or pick at their right flank.

And if E wanted to conduct her lesser to turn right, she would target the left flank.

If E desired her pack to cease their advance, she would simply slow her charge, and eventually cease. The three males were swift to halt their advance as well, for their attention was always upon the actions of their alpha.

Always.

Thus, when E ceased on her movements, her pack was swift to follow.

For her flaring nares did not pick up the scent of prey-but the scent of another raptor.

And it was female.


Notes:

I was originally going to write E's encounter with the new female (which would probably lead to massive E development again), but I'm not sure when I'll be able to work on this story next. I don't think the next chapter will focus on the Blue and the Indoraptor debacle, but who knows?

I do want to write more interactions with E and the Indoraptor, so I might just focus on Beautifully Broken for a bit, or maybe do some kind of one shot series regarding the pair.

I apologize for the delay once again.

Thank you for reading and supporting this story.

Chapter 20

Notes:

Warning: Potentially disturbing content due to the Indoraptor being a psychopath with a fetish for sadistic dominance and inflicting pain on others AKA Storm abuse.

I apologize for not updating anything much. I'm busy with work, so finding time to write is rather hard.

I was going to write about E, but it became Blue and company focused.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Winter couldn't bring herself to move.

She couldn't bring herself to defend her brother.

Her dearest brother.

Her only brother.

Her body felt cold and frozen, as if made of ice and stone.

She couldn't breathe.

She couldn't move.

Her thoughts stopped.

The vision that her eyes were seeing didn't seem real.

They seemed distant, and hazy, like a vision shrouded in mist.

Or the confusing haze when she was between wake and sleep.

Red swelled her vision, the iron of fresh blood clouded her nares.

Blood surged forth like an enraged volcano, pooling and dampening the earth. Staining her brother's hazy scales. His chest, his belly, his flank, his other arm.

Storm's eyes were wide in shock, and horror.

At first, he didn't know what happened.

He didn't even feel the pain-register the pain.

He just felt needles, a crushing sensation, a pressure.

He heard a pop-felt a pop-followed by an intense relief of pressure.

Then he felt numbness, followed by warmth.

A lot of warmth, spreading and enveloping his flesh, warm and almost comforting.

And then he saw the monster above him, chewing upon something, gurgling and choking in dark hisses. He saw its jagged and gnarled teeth chew upon his arm.

Watched it crunch the bones in his arm.

Watched it drink the blood and have excess fall from between caged teeth.

Watched it swallow his arm.

His arm.

A part of his body.

Storm realized with horror-that he was being torn apart and eaten alive.

Being eaten alive by a monster that threatened his pack.

Storm's scales blanched a pallor hue in raw, unfiltered terror, eyes white and wide, pupils swallowing his irises and being consumed by a sheen of wet. His body shook, and trembled, breathing swift and labored in panic.

His arm was a stump!

His arm was a stump!

It was running red!

Running red!

Running red!

The monster looked down at the once fiery male, now turned scared and helpless, like a hatchling.

The Indoraptor lowered his head, nared flaring, predatory eyes rimmed red with rage and madness. His scarred lips twisted into a mangled, unnatural grin, bloodied teeth flashing. His amber eyes were alight with excited malice, and sadism.

Pleasure swelled within his chest.

Pleasure upon seeing the other male in such horror-terror.

Weak.

Vulnerable.

Under his control.

The twisted hybrid lowered his jaws towards the grey scaled male's bloody and mangled stump. His breath escaped in hot puffs and danced along Storm's wound and blood soaked scales. Storm writhed, and wiggled, attempting to squirm and flee.

A taloned hand held him in place.

A large, rough tongue lapped and licked and suckled upon what remained of his limb. The jagged teeth scraped and bit-but not to kill, nor cause more harm than needed.

It was to cause pain.

And it was slow, and torturous.

Storm would have cried out, had his breath not been caught in his lungs.

Instead, his mouth was agape in a silent scream, tears of agony running down his scaled cheeks.

And when he did breathe, his breaths were harsh and labored, muscles pulling tight over his ribs.

His legs kicked and weakly twitched and spasmed, contorting in dark horror.

The Indoraptor continued to suckle and nip and lick, nares flaring intently, eagerly. His arteries pulsed with excitement, visible upon his powerful forearms.

Pulsed, and swelled, and grew.

Thickened.

Became potent.

An erection had formed between the Indoraptor's thighs, pulsing and throbbing, eager and ready.

Angry, and lazily dribbling fluid.

It was a sight that made Storm realize how dark and twisted this monster was.

He was going to eaten alive, all while being this monster's mate-toy.

...Where was Winter?

...Where was his sister?

...Did she leave him?

...Storm didn't want to be alone.

...He was scared.

Storm was so terrified, he urinated himself.

...Why did Sister leave him?


Move!

Move!

Move!

Why wasn't she moving?!

The monster was attacking her brother!

And she couldn't move!

She couldn't move!

Wouldn't move!

Why?

Her brother needed her!

Storm needed her!

But why wasn't she helping?

Why was she just standing there?

Doing nothing?

Blue was hurt.

Storm was hurt.

And...She was doing nothing to help.

Just standing and staring.

Because she was scared.

Too scared to help her injured brother.

Too scared to risk her own life, when her brother risked his.

At lost last, Winter willed herself to move.

Though she did not move forward.

She moved backwards.

Away from Blue.

Away from Storm.

Away from the monster.

The white scaled sister turned, and fled in panic, shrieking in fright.

The Indoraptor's quilled head snapped upon hearing the bleating of the female, and the retreat of swift feet.

In a harrowing squeal, the hybrid gave chase to his fleeing quarry, stumbling awkwardly and foolishly with his raging arousal.

Storm and Blue were left alone, currently forgotten.


When Blue awoke, she felt nothing but a throbbing, pulsing yet sharp pain in her head.

Her whole head hurt.

Her ears hurt.

Her snout hurt.

Her jaw hurt.

Her neck hurt.

Everything hurt.

Slowly, hesitantly, she rose, and grunted in discomfort.

She felt bruises and cuts on her body.

Felt her own blood drying upon her scales, clinging to her as if a second skin.

She smelled blood in the air, fresh and thick.

Blood and urine.

Her gaze turned towards the source, and a squawk escaped the grey scaled female. Blue shook herself, forced herself to awaken and muster her strength to move swiftly forward, feet ungracefully pattering towards Storm.

Storm...What happened?

Blue lowered herself, nares flaring and eyes flicking, scanning over her packmate. She saw the missing, bloody limb.

Storm lay there in a pool of his own blood and urine, eyes open and wide, unblinking and trembling.

Alive.

Blue found herself exhaling with relief.

This time she woke, and all her packmates were not dead.

Not like her sisters.

It was a good feeling, despite the situation.

The blue striped sister paused to look around, keen and alert, on edge.

Her attention turned back towards Storm, whom she nudged, and prodded, attempting to stir and urge to rise. Blue didn't realize how snore and bloody her own snout was until now.

Storm flinched, and twisted away from her touch.

He chirped and squeaked like a chick.

Blue pressed her snout against his, aligning her eyes with his.

Attempting to get Storm to focus, and realize.

It was her.

It was Blue.

Not the monster.

Storm's eyes stared mindlessly at her, unblinking and unfocused.

A rumble of fatigue, and concern escaped the female.

Once more, then thrice, Blue nudged her snout against Storm's own, a clicking trill riveting from her throat.

The noise seemed to snap Storm out of his trance, for his pupils focused, and narrowed, gaze falling upon Blue.

Blue and not the monster.

A friend and not a beast.

Storm was relieved to see an ally.

But they were not safe.

He knew.

Fear and adrenaline blocked out the pain.

He needed to rise.

To get up.

To live.

He may have lost an arm, may have lost blood.

May have felt weak.

But he was not dead.

Not yet.

He could have time to die later.

Just...Just not now...

...Not now...

Blue watched as Storm grunted, and struggled to rise.

His legs were shaking.

His breath was swift.

His grey scales were two shades two dull and pale.

When Storm rose-he almost fell.

Would have fallen, had Blue not aided him in keeping balance with the support of her head.

Storm did not seek to leave Blue's support so swiftly.

She felt so warm.

Everything else felt so cold.

It felt nice.

She felt nice.

But now was not the time to be warm.

Now was the time to find somewhere safe, and be away from the monster.

Wherever it was.

Wherever his sister was.

Hopefully Winter was safe.

For now, Blue and Storm needed to focus on saving themselves.


Blue kept a careful eye on Storm as they moved.

Their progress was slow, and with Storm, slower.

For as much as Blue felt horrible, and weak, her male packmate seemed worse.

His gait was unsteady, and several times did he bump into the rough bark of trees, and lean upon them to find strength, and recover.

Blue briefly wondered if she should just leave Storm to whatever predator would finish him off.

He killed Bravo, after all.

He killed her mate.

Her hero.

Her future.

Her equal.

Killed him and ate him.

But then Blue would be alone.

And she didn't want to be alone.

Not again.

Not ever.


The pair found an earthen den, protected by rock. It was too small for the monster to get inside, but just big enough that they could fit.

The rocky crags that protected the den were coated with scraps of thick, course fur of white, grey and tawny brown.

Within the darkness and the earth in the den's bowels, Storm and Blue found themselves huddled together, feeding upon the hapless occupants of the den.

Wolf pups.

The helpless little creatures were torn apart by ravenous, desperate predators.

Monsters that showed no mercy, nor care.

Just instinctive hunger.

Just survival.

For the pups, it was a slaughter.

Their high pitched whines and cries ceased as they were eaten alive from the plump bellies. Others were crushed, and swallowed whole.

For the raptors, it was an easy meal.

They were too tired and injured to care about the consequences of them being in another's den.

That could come at a different time.

Now, they could rest and recover.


Storm was still trembling despite Blue's tongue being more caring and gentle.

She did not lick for malice, nor sadism. She sought to clean and aid.

The grey male's lips peeled back in a pained grimace, though he bit not.

He did not seek to chase the last living sister away.

Storm wanted her near.

He wanted her heat, her warmth.

He just wanted to lay beside her, and rest.

And that was what he was doing, in the dark of the den.

Blue was unsure how she felt about Storm snuggling up to her, purring weakly...But at least it felt nice.

And in the darkness of the den, Blue could at least pretend it was Bravo that was by her side, and not his killer.

Yes.

Pretending was always nice.

Blue would pretend until the sounds of movement came from outside.

Barking.

Growling.

Howling.

The wolf pack returned.

Blue's pretending was over.

Notes:

As I mentioned in Beautifully Broken, I am writing an AU of the sex scene between E and the Indoraptor where the Indoraptor simply never leaves her alone. It's mainly my excuse to write mature scenes and explore characters.

I was thinking of making a series of mature works/sexual themes based on the characters, and various couplings (real or not) in Broken Raptors. Mainly because I feel a lot of potential couples were glossed over or simply never happened and I would have liked to explore them more. Or just basic character interactions in general.

This chapter was almost going to end differently with Winter fighting the Indoraptor, rather than fleeing. But Winter's character turned into a chicken. I was also debating about the scene with Storm and the Indoraptor being a lot darker, but decided Best Boi Storm didn't deserve that treatment.

I do like writing the Indoraptor as such, because it shows just how sick and disgusting his mind is from his abuse and upbringing.

Broken Raptors is a very dark and gritty work, and I filter and tone it down a lot. So when things get too dark, I turn to Beautifully Broken for fluff and for the Indoraptor being a daddy and being in a much healthier state of mind compared to this counterpart.

So that's partly why I'm slow to update Broken Raptors from time to time.

I just need more fluffy shit.

Either way, thank you for supporting this shitty story and putting up with my rambling and shitty characters!

Chapter 21

Notes:

Hello! I decided to pick up with E.

Surprise dino appearance in this chapter because I felt like it and wanted to work with the animal. :D

Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The pack went in search of prey.

They found a lone female instead.

A long female raptor tawny of scale and honey of eyes.

Alone.

Frightened.

Vulnerable.

Lonely.

They were all the things E saw, and recognized when she looked into the other female's eyes.

Because they were all the things she felt when she was alone, too.

The males emerged from the foliage, two flanking from the right, the third from the left.

E emerged at the front, gaze lingering upon the brown scaled kin.

Her males barked in excitement, shifting from taloned foot to taloned foot.

Noises and actions that further terrified the new female, for she attempted to lower himself into a submissive stance, belly pressing flush to the ground.

An attempt to be small.

To be unnoticed.

To be left alone, and not perceived as a threat.

The baring of jagged, serrated teeth from E was enough to silence the males, and reign them in.

The lone female sported a body that was lower in muscle and fat, bones more prominent under earthen scales. She was struggling to survive on her own. Struggling to provide for herself, and live.

Her pupils were wide. E could see herself within them. She could see the wet fear shine through the black and honey of her eyes. E could see the swift, shallow breathing of her chest. E could see her body trembling.

This female-E was her, once.

Once, so long ago.

The garnet hued female lowered her head, scaled lips peeling back into a snarl. The new female's head lowered even further to submit, until she could no more. Her jaw was pressed against the ground in hopes of being left alone-but at the same time, there was hope.

Hope of acceptance.

Or, at the very least, tolerance, twisted into the perception of acceptance.

E's scaled lips brushed against the smooth, dry and withered scalp of the tawny raptor. She was not that old, but poor care and health make her appear aged.

Poor thing.

Poor sister kin.

E felt pity for the brown scaled loner.

Slowly, the sanguine female's hot breath retracted as her jaws drew farther away.

Leaving the earthen scaled female unharmed, and unmarred.

The action caused honey eyes-for the first time-to look up towards the scarred raptor.

Her eyes were alight with confusion, concern-yet-the faint flicker of hope.

Hope.

E looked down upon the brown scaled female. Her nared flared as she breathed, though showed no signs of aggression. Her killing claws flicked, toes curling, powerful legs shifting.

Acceptance.

A black killing claw slammed with force into the loner's neck.

Warm blood soaked garnet toes and black nails.

Honey eyes became wet and wide.

Cries for help-for aid-gargled and distorted.

The males cried and barked in start, nervous energy bouncing between them as they began to patter in place, shifting in new found anxiety.

E demoralized her pack.

All it took was a killing claw to a stranger.

A killing claw she kept inside the warm flesh and tensing muscles and spraying blood. She felt her claw hit bone.

She watched as the tawny female's facial features twisted in horror, calls drowned out of her own throat. Her limbs and body spasmed, writhed and twisted, attempting in vain to get away-to flee-to fight for life.

E merely watched, and blinked.

An almost bored, uninterested look within her sapphire gaze. Her facial muscles showed no sign of discomfort, nor distress.

The strangled cries and struggling breaths ceased, and the body stopped fighting.

The honey hued eyes were open, pupils dilated and unfocused.

Staring at nothing.

Only then did E remove her killing claw.

She flicked it, and began to wipe off the blood that had yet to soak the soil.

It was not hope.

It was merely a trick of the light.

It was not long before E began to feed upon the corpse of the stranger.

Food was food, after all.

It was not wise to let a meal go t waste.

Her males merely looked on, and kept their distance.

They had a whole new reason to fear their alpha.


The pack continued to wander on, patrolling the edges of their territory.

The pack found themselves stopped at a tree, however, upon seeing a strange sight.

A deer was crammed upon a thick branch. Large quills were impaled into its body.

It was a sight that drew in the pack's curiosity, but also their concern.

Something could climb, and drag up prey within trees.

Something had large quills that were sharp and piercing.

Something was big-and its scent was fresh.

It made the males' nervousness from earlier only increase.

They did not feel safe with their alpha, and they certainly did not feel safe here.

The pack chittered anxiously, seeking to retreat further into their domain.

E did not want to.

She wanted to see this beast, and see it off.

If it was a monster like the Brown One, she could not be fighting alone.

She had a pack this time.

And she was strong.

E knew that now.

Thus, E followed the scent of the intruder, alert and cautious.

The three males followed their alpha, though not due to fellowship.

They followed because they were fearful of what would happen if they refused.

Their alpha killed another of their kind.

What would stop her from harming them?


E thought they were hunting the rival that intruded upon their territory.

She thought they would be able to find it, and set up an ambush.

She was wrong.

It ambushed them instead.

It descended from the trees.


A monster descended from above, and slammed upon its victim.

The Paladin squealed like a butchered pig, body struggling to escape.

A strangled cry, a pop, and tearing of flesh was heard.

The golden hued head of the male was ripped off, neck muscles torn and arteries spraying. Muscles spasmed chaotically, uncoordinated and unnatural of life.

The Paladin's head was held within the jaws of his killer, facial muscles twisting and contorting-as if he were still alive. His mouth moved as if he attempted to call-and then went slack as his pupils dilated, and became unfocused.

E screamed in horror-and rage.

The beast that killed her pack member was hideous.

The monster sported red eyes that appeared to be too high upon its head, overbite baring large, horrific teeth. Large quills adorned its head, elbows and tail. It's snout appeared to be too short for a beast of its size. A beast that was tall, yet stocky and short of length. Powerful, yet sported limbs that were thin.

It looked like a disproportional monster.

With mindless, thoughtless eyes the beast stared at them.

It's jaws opened in a bloody, bone chilling roar.

Their packmate's head plopped to the ground-a mere discarded lump of flesh.

The monster was not interested in killing to eat.

It was interested in killing to kill.

E thought of running-if ever briefly.

No.

She would not run.

Not this time.

Because she had a pack, now.

She was alpha, now.

She was strong, now.

E breathed in rage, a whistled hiss of war that was a mere mockery of her kin's powerful scream.

In three bounds of explosive energy, she charged forth, and leapt, talons poised and teeth bared.

A mere swipe of a powerful forearm with rending claws was all it took to make E's jaw crack and knock teeth from her maw.

Like a pile of useless flesh-E hit the ground hard, face tarnished from deep and powerful claws, blood bubbling passed her scaled lips as she breathed.

The alpha was out cold.


When E awoke-She felt pain.

Pain from being sore, and injured.

She tasted her own blood in her mouth, dry sanguine cracking upon her scaled lips.

When she opened her eyes-she saw horror.

The monster that killed her packmate-her pack?-Was staring at her.

Staring with red, mindless eyes, pupils mere slits.

The beast's head twitched, and its breath was nasally and labored.

Red, mindless, unthinking eyes.

Staring at her, staring at it.

E shifted, slowly, sorely, to at least lay upright.

She briefly looked around.

She saw no bodies of the rest of her pack.

They were gone.

They did not fight.

They fled.

They left her to die.

To die, because she was a horrible alpha.

To die, because she was callous, and cruel.

E didn't have to kill that female.

She shouldn't have.

Because E knew what it felt like to be packless.

E knew that could have easily been her.

But she killed the female anyway.

Why?

Because E was afraid of losing her status.

She was afraid of losing power and having her males favor a female they could communicate with-socialize with-understand with.

She didn't want to be an outsider again.

So she killed the poor female out of fear.

She deemed it necessary.

But perhaps she was wrong?

No-She was wrong.

She killed one of her kind.

She proved unfit as alpha to her pack.

She lost their trust.

She was too cruel.

Too mean.

Too...Too much nothing.

She was a monster because she had nothing.

Felt nothing.

E looked upon the horrific monster before her.

She was a monster, too.

Just smaller, and weaker, and...

If this monster decided to kill her, E was too tired to fight.

She gave the poor female no mercy.

It was only fair E was given no mercy.

For now, E was content to wait, and stare into the mindless crimson eyes of another monster.

Waiting for it to strike, and rend her head from her body, too.

Notes:

I decided to introduce the Scorpios Rex because why not? I just want to practice writing with such an animal and potentially have something where the Indoraptor meets the Scorpios Rex.

Also E and Scorpios Rex interactions that may or may not be good. I know Scorpios Rex can breed asexually, but for this work it just might be male.

But mainly for E development.

Chapter 22

Notes:

Hello!

Here is the next chapter at long last. I updated Beautifully Broken a while ago and probably should have focused on this work. But I wanted more Indoraptor/E stuff.

I also started on working on the next Courageous and Gentle chapter. I do not know when it will be out.

Angst Indoraptor chapter because he needs more attention.

I apologize for any spelling and grammar errors. :)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The Indoraptor was a raging beast, jowls frothing with thick and viscous foam that caked between his jagged, yellowed teeth like stalagmites serving as the last bastion against the ever churning, raving cold of the sea and its salty froth. The hybrid's golden eyes were wet and wild with a film of malignant insanity akin to a rabid beast. His sharp, predatory pupils were alert, yet unfocused in a haze of madness, tinged red from bloodshot vessels that criss crossed along his faint sclera like intricate spider webs.

His nostrils flared, spouting forth clear mucus and heated wisps of breath. The black and gold hybrid was breathing, deep and swift in his arduous labor. His powerful legs pounded into the earth, killing claws poised and ready.

Dried tears slithered and snaked down the scaled, nigh skeletal contour of his face.

He was in such a rage-running, running, chasing, chasing-the hybrid had long lost sight of the white female in his madness.

The Indoraptor ran in a fervor of adrenaline and wrath.

He could feel his blood pumping within his body, heart pounding, lungs burning, muscles tensing and releasing their genetic power.

His whole body was alive with the pulsings and flickers of life.

The world blurred and dimmed, light fleeing from shadows that crept along the forested floor like vines upon the earth and talons from the sky.

Like quarry giving flight from a hunting ave.

The Indoraptor became one with the murk of the descending darkness, the moon blanketed by smooth clouds whose edges were softly illuminated by the moonglow's haze.

Like once before, the Indoraptor ran and ran in a futile hunt to give chase to a prey long gone.

To a prey his mind tricked was still there, in the dark, just out of his nocturnal vision.

Just out of his overloaded senses wracked with horror, and grief.

Like once before, the Indoraptor ran and ran until he could no longer.

His muscles burned, and grew heavy and pained.

His lungs expanded and heaved in swift succession, midnight scales growing taut over his ribs.

His throat clenched and grew tight, horse from his labored breaths.

The Indoraptor ran until he could no longer.

His legs began to slow in their run.

They slowed further into a light jog.

Then a brisk walk.

Then a calm jaunt.

Then a crawl.

Then his belly hit the earth, buckling arms and legs giving out to his fatigue in a heavy quake of the earth.

The Indoraptor's maw hung agape, froth thick and dribbling like sap down his jaws. His nares flared, chest heaving in urgency to catch his breath.

His heart hammered and thrummed in his chest, blood pulsing and raging.

His heavy breath escaped in white mist against the chill of the night air, wisps dancing and flittering into the clam skies.

The Indoraptor's eyes, pupils wide with adrenaline still coursing through his veins, looked upon the sky, then lower-to the trees.

And even then-lower.

To the surrounding vegetation and gnarled tree trunks.

To the ground, to the soil, to the grass.

His instincts were screaming.

Screaming.

Commanding.

To resume the hunt.

To resume the kill.

To make his prey into nothing.

Nothing but torn scales, severed arteries, rend limbs and eviscerated entrails.

To make something into nothing.

Because his something was dead!

Dead!

Nothing!

His something!

His sweet, little, precious something!

His E!

His sweet, little, precious E!

Dead!

Nothing!

All because he couldn't protect her from the Grey One!

All because he wasn't fast enough!

All because he didn't kill the Grey One back there!

There!

There!

Therrrrre!

He should have ripped her head from her body!

Should have gored her on those horns!

Should have killed her!

Should have-

A shrill, high pitched scream then erupted from the hybrid's horse maw.

Though it was not one out of rage or madness.

It was out of pain, and horror, and realization.

Pain, and horror, and anguish at the realization that without E-He was alone.

Alone, like he was back there.

Alone, with no one that cared.

Alone, with the dark.

And thus-the Indoraptor screamed.

And screamed.

And screamed.

And screamed.

He screamed in a mindless carcophony of wails, cries and screeches akin to an animal being slaughtered.

Cried and screamed as if he were back in his cage, once more, being tortured and abused.

The Indoraptor cried and screamed until it felt like something popped in his throat, and the iron taste of blood flooded his maw, however faint.

His cries went hoarse, and strained.

Then they went silent.


The Indoraptor's cries did not remain unnoticed.

They attracted attention.

Two males-one of a purple hue, and the other, a black not unlike his own.

The hybrid's nares flared, and his pupils focused upon the two, lurking in the blackness.

His quills raised in a sudden surge of adrenaline.

His body screamed that they were danger.

But it was a danger the hybrid was unsure he could fight off in his exhausted state.

He saw one-out in front.

He saw the other-slink off to the side in flank.

The Indoraptor produced a serpentine hiss, vicious jowls peeling back to expose horrid teeth. An echoing clap rang out in warning as his jaws slammed together.

A warning-and a threat.

That his jaws could and would kill, if need be.

The Indoraptor attempted to rise-and did so with quite the amount of difficulty. His arms buckled.

His legs buckles.

His whole body shook, spent yet struggling to obey his commands to live.

To fight.

If he were to die, it would not be without a fight, however much his body begged him to rest.

He did not fall to his abusers.

He did not fall to the confines of his cage.

He did not fall to the horns.

He did not fall to the Grey One.

His body could beg, and beg, and beg.

He was not going to waiver.

He was not going to falter.

He was going to fight.

Because that was what he was bred to do.


E's feet pounded against the earth in a flurry of swift flight.

Her nares flared as she breathed in swift, urgent puffed of breath as she punched through the low lying foliage and swerved around great trucks of olden redwoods.

She heard the cries.

The screams.

The wails.

Never mind waiting for death.

Never mind waiting for another monster to end her.

Never mind her broken jaw and pain.

She heard the Indoraptor!

She heard her male!

She heard her mate!

She knew his calls-his tone-his pitch.

That was not normal.

Her male was not okay.

Her mate was not safe.

Nothing mattered but him.

She heard the shrill, hawk like screams of raging raptors-war cries of those she knew.

War cries of her pack.

No.

They were not her pack.

They betrayed her.

They left her.

They left her to die.

Die, when she was weak and helpless-like the tawny, lone female.

Left her to die, because they could not control her as they once did.

Should E feel sorry for them?

Should she feel kinship for them?

After all the horrid things they did?

Things that should have only been done with her mate?

No...Not done with her mate.

Because the Indoraptor stopped when he hurt her.

The others never stopped.

And the horrid cries of the Indoraptor?

She could hear the sounds of struggle.

A desperate fight to cling to life.

Her pack would give the Indoraptor no mercy.

They preyed upon the weak.

They preyed upon the lonely.

They preyed upon the vulnerable.

Her pack deserved no mercy.

And she would make sure they would never hurt again.


The Indoraptor was an amalgamation of raw genetic will and perseverance.

Every draw of breath, every pound of his heart, every tension of muscle, every snap of the jaw, every blink-sharpening his focus to achieve his desire.

Every command of his body-of his flesh-of his heart-of his breath-of his mind-screamed.

Raged.

Ordered a command he could not disobey.

An order embedded deep within his genetic code.

Survive.

Live, and not be nothing.

Endure, and be something.

Alive.

The blood pumps, and the limbs obey.

The hybrid's talons were ordered to rake and rend.

In the heat of battle-the hybrid's claws were not talons.

They were scythes.

And they were designed to reap.

The violet hued male charged forward, and leapt upon the hybrid, gutting claw poised.

A pained cry rang out as black scythes slashed through scale and rend through vibrant muscle flush and tender with sanguine that glittered under the moon's soft glow. The Emperor was smacked down to the ground and slid along the earth, clawed fingers and toes splaying and seeking purchase upon the merciless ground that tore at his hide and ground rock and dirt into his open wounds.

Just as the amethyst raptor began to recover and rise, a brief flicker of a darker shade than the surrounding murk of the night volted forth with killing claws poised.

The glimmer of eager teeth and flashing of claw was something the Indoraptor barely noticed. The hybrid's neck twisted and jaws snapped as he felt powerful talons clasp upon his quilled hide under a heavy weight.

The killing claws thrust and stabbed, attempting to pierce his armored flank, the Usurper dancing and twirling along the larger male's back to avoid his jagged maw.

The slamming of the second, smaller male into his form caused the Indoraptor to grunt, and in a loss of balance, fall to the ground upon his side.

The force caused the black raptor to shriek as his footing lost purchase upon his prey. The Usurper was cast to the ground with a hard thud, rolling and tumbling along, powerful legs catching himself to steady and rise.

At first, the hybrid felt pressure upon his fingers-his hand-his arm. felt pressure clamp, like needles piercing his flesh.

He did not feel pain in the surge of adrenaline that coursed through his blood.

All his body was doing-was screaming.

Rise!

Stabilize!

Endure!

There would be time for pain later.

Not now.

Pain was not an option.

The Indoraptor's powerful, muscular legs hunched flush to his belly, killing claws ready to rake and rend to rid the attacker from his arm.

The Emperor shrieked as he was tossed from the larger hybrid in a flurry of punching muscles and flaring talons. The purple hued male landed roughly upon the ground, a faint sprinkle of crimson dotting the ground from his lacerated wounds.

The hybrid was swift to rise to his feet, a harrowed, gutteral wail of feral defiance erupting from his hoarse throat.

Stand!

Indomitable!

Unconquered!

Rise!

Endure!

Survive!

Wage the war of life!

Give no quarter!

No mercy!

No falter!

Survive!

Live!

The searing, fiery pain of a killing claw piercing his shoulder caused the pool of resilience to ripple.

The Indoraptor squealed, and he spasmed and writhed, posture akin to a fearful feline.

The Usurper released a hawk like scream, the sound of battle reigning in his lungs. His killing claws flicked, one wet and glistening colors of rich garnet.

Survive...

...Only to suffer.

Rise...

...Only to bleed again.

Be indomitable...

...For death is patient, and waits for the slightest lapse in judgement.

And death came not from the front, nor skulked and kept from behind.

Death struck from the blindside in a flank.


The sounds of struggle for life allowed death to creep forward.

Slow, and patient.

When the Usurper felt a weight with talons poised pounce upon him-it was too late.

Death was swift, and efficient.

Death's talons sought to reap, a thick blade piercing his spine.

Pinning him down.

Powerful, crushing toes housing baleful nails clasp the base of his skull.

A muscular leg tensed, and pulled.

His neck snapped, and broke.

The Emperor squeaked in horror, and turned to flee.

Death was swift to chase.

In three strides and a feline leap, Death was upon him.

The wounded male found himself pinned, a black talon stopping short of his dilated pupil. His breath was swift, body wooden and rigid, eyes wet and wild.

The killing claw was wet with the blood of his packmate.

Death's talon pulled away.

A bloodied, marred snout lowered, lacerated, scaled lips pulling back into a fierce snarl. Broken and missing teeth gave way to bloodied gums amid a forest of serrated fangs.

Death's eyes were cold, like frost after a cold, still night.

The Emperor urinated himself, the sour scent of urine leaking between his thighs and onto the bloodied ground.

His alpha was alive.

Alive, and livid.

E was his alpha.

But not.

His alpha was a killer of kin.

She killed her own.

She was scary.

She was a monster.

And now-he was at the mercy of a beast that refused to die.

E stared upon the purple hued male.

Her killing claws twitched, causing the male to flinch.

She could feel every muscle of his body twitch.

He was horrified.

Terrified.

He deserved no mercy.

They were monsters.

Horrid monsters.

Still, E faltered.

Hesitated.

Because she, too, was a monster.

Maybe even worse than her pack.

After all, they never killed their own kind, did they?

Yet, they were cruel.

But she was cruel, too.

And the Emperor did something the others didn't.

He gave her a gift.

An offer in food.

An offer in something.

Just as she gave the Indoraptor something, once, as a gift.

The Emperor showed he cared.

Cared, once, for her attention and affection.

Slowly, hesitantly, E's killing claw retracted away from the amethyst male. Slowly, hesitantly, she stepped away, and allowed the injured raptor to flee.

He may not survive his wounds, but E knew there was a lot of death in one light and dark cycle.

Too much for her liking.

Too much, and it was her fault.

She could at least offer some mercy, even if it may be a mistake.

Mercy, because at one point, she needed mercy, too.

E then turned towards the Indoraptor.

He remained wooden and rigid, tense and on edge. Froth and dried blood caked his jaw, breath ragged and body heaving. His legs buckled, and his tired and injured muscles spasmed underneath obsidian scales. Blood ran freely down his shoulder, breath sharp and pained. One of his clawed fingers was a bloody stump. He did not realize one had been torn off in combat.

He was running on the very last fumes of his adrenaline. His body was ready to collapse.

But he couldn't.

Wouldn't.

Not yet.

Not yet.

Only when the Emperor skittered off into the shadows, did the hybrid surrender.

Every muscle in his body pleaded for mercy.

He hit the ground as if he housed the weight of the world.

Spent.

Exhausted.

His heart pumped.

It felt as if his heart was too tired to beat, and he was just waiting for it to give out, and stop.

His amber eyes were half lidded, only fully opening a few seconds upon seeing E approach, and heavily slump down in front of him.

A brief moment of clarity in the eye of the storm.

Their noses touched.

Their snouts.

Their cheeks.

The Indoraptor was too fatigued to purr. Too tired, and pained.

Simple touches of the skin was enough.

It was then that the Indoraptor learned something.

This was what he was surviving for.

This something.

This little something.

He could tell his mate had done things.

Bad things.

She could tell her mate had done things.

Bad things.

His already dark amber eyes looked a shade or two darker.

Her sapphire eyes looked several shades darker.

They both had darkness in their eyes.

They both knew what those things were.

They were both monsters, when they needed to be.

When their little something was threatened.

But now, their something was safe.

It just felt so good to feel her head against his.

It felt good to love something, and to be loved in return despite being a bad thing.

It was okay E did bad things.

The Indoraptor was a bad thing.

E was a good thing, that loved a bad thing.

He just forced her to do bad things.

The Indoraptor would never let her do bad things again.

He would be her protector.

He would be her male that she deserved.

He would be her mate that she deserved.

He would do the bad things, so she wouldn't have to.

Because if one of them had to be something-The Indoraptor would want E to live.

And if the Indoraptor needed to be nothing to protect E-

-The Indoraptor would fight, and fight, and fight, until he collapsed.

Fight until his instincts screaming at him to fight, and live, no longer screamed-because he would be nothing.

Just like he was almost nothing on those horns.

When he twisted and landed between them.

Yes.

He had something worth fighting for.

No, more than fighting.

Living.

And feeling E's head nuzzle and press against his own?

This was living.

This was his something.

For the first time, the Indoraptor looked forward to the darkness of sleep.

He couldn't wait to spend it with his precious little something.

He couldn't wait to live with her, no matter how exhausted, and wounded.

It was good to have something to be excited about.

It was good to have a purpose: To be the best mate he could, to the best little something in the world.

Notes:

I want to get to Blue and Storm next chapter. This chapter was going to be vastly different, with the Indoraptor fighting E's stalker of a S. Rex, and him getting poisoned and suffering from illness.

But I figured the poor Indoraptor suffered enough and needed a break, and in this state, he'd easily get killed.

Actually, all the characters need a break, though I do think Blue and the Indoraptor will eventually meet again (and hopefully it will be less bloody and more tolerable).

I like E's development and have fun writing her. She's really grown since the start of the first chapter.

Please note I read each and every review for all my stories. :)

I may not respond to all of them, but I certainly do read them all.

Thank you for reading this work and giving it so much attention and love!

I want to give most of the characters good story narratives and arcs (Rust, Storm, Blue, ECT.), so I'm taking my time writing. So I apologize if the plot (if there even is one lol) is slow.

I also may take a break from Broken Raptors (and my other fanfics in general) to focus on writing an original work. I will still update this work, but it might not be my priority.

Chapter Text

Hello, everyone!

First I would like to apologize for not updating Broken Raptors as often as I should.

I would also like to thank everyone for the support of this work and the love I've seen for the characters.

I truly appreciate it, and seeing people put such thought into my work is touching.

I have a lot planned for the work yet, but they are quite large plots, which I struggle to find time to write.

So I have been spending less time on Broken Raptors and more on its sequels and AUs.

This is because the lesser works are more fun for me to write, and i can write them at my leisure without worrying too much on plot.

I will eventually update Broken Raptors—I'm just not sure when.

To make things less confusing, I have made a list of sequels and AUs.

Sequels:

Beautifully BrokenBeautifully Broken is post Broken Raptors. It focuses upon the Indoraptor and E raising there young. I plan to update the work soon. Because I need cute things.

Scales of Ash and RimePost Broken Raptors focusing on Blue's trauma as she and Storm make their way up north into more wintered terrain. Never really look at it.

AUs:

InstinctsAn AU of Broken Raptors where the Indoraptor becomes alpha of the Broken Raptors pack. A collection of loosely tied one shots around complex social drama because raptors. Currently updating.

Losing Him Was Red, Loving Her Was BlueAn AU of Broken Raptor's last chapter where the Indoraptor dies from his wounds. E struggles to function and cope in her grief, and finds companionship in Blue. Will update soon.

Others:

Courageous and GentleA more realistic approach to E's terminal illness as she lives in Jurassic World. Owen's soft spot is touched, leading him to advocate for her health, and her life, despite the animal slowly dying. Slowly, slowly working on next chapter.

That's all for the breakdown of the works.

I do want to update Broken Raptors, but for now, my motivation is to work on either Beautifully Broken or Instincts.

Thank you once again for supporting this work and any off shoots.

It's humbling.

:)

Chapter 24

Notes:

This chapter was supposed to be about Blue and Storm, but I wanted to write about the Indoraptor and E.

This chapter has cute, fluffy shit, but also dark topics like implied torture and gore.

The chapters with E and the Indoraptor will probably not make much sense timeline wise until the final chapter.

Chapter Text

 

 

 

He hit the ground as if he housed the weight of the world.

Spent.

Exhausted.

His heart pumped.

It felt as if his heart was too tired to beat, and he was just waiting for it to give out, and stop.

His amber eyes were half lidded, only fully opening a few seconds upon seeing E approach, and heavily slump down in front of him.

A brief moment of clarity in the eye of the storm.

Their noses touched.

Their snouts.

Their cheeks.

The Indoraptor was too fatigued to purr. Too tired, and pained.

The hybrid's scaled eye lids were heavy, and more he struggled to keep them open, the greater in weight they became.

Every successful push against the ever descending call of sleep only seemed to strengthen his fatigue.

His vision began to blur, the dim stars and moon of the night fading.

The color of the world was fading.

E's garnet and ivory scales were fading.

The blue of her eyes were turning grey and bleak.

E was fading.

His something was fading.

The blood pumped.

Liquid iron soaked the ground, and coated his scales. His belly was flush to blood sodden soil.

The Indoraptor was so tired, he could barely feel how cold he was.

So exhausted, he could barely feel the warmth of E pressing against him, nuzzling him, attempting to warm his shaking body with tender licks of the tongue.

He could not smell E's scent through the musk of his own blood.

He missed smelling her.

E always smelled like home.

No.

E was his home.

She was always his home.

Darkness rose to embrace him.


The clacking of powerful claws drummed and thrummed upon the aged hardwood, scratches from its current occupants scarring the floorboards. The Indoraptor emerged into the lair, large form almost unable to fit through the door frame. His golden eyes shone and reflected in the dim light cast askew by the fragmented holes within the broken roof, golden, vibrant scales shimmering in the light. His nares flared, and a muffled, hissing rumble escaped his striking throat, pupils dilating and searching in the black.

A large rabbit was held limply within his jaws, blood a sluggish trickle down its furred mouth, eyes wide and pupils fully dilated akin to a doll's eyes. The male's scarred jaws were caked with clumps of brown fur.

The Indoraptor neared the entrance to the loft, where the onyx and gold beast reared upon his powerful hind legs, muscular forearms extending and clawed fingers curling and grasping the wooden ledge above. His powerful arms pulled and his legs pushed, and in one fluid motion, the hybrid hoisted himself upon the ledge above, tail curled over the edge, swaying in the rays of light.

The Indoraptor's amber eyes would find E laying upon their nest of ruined pillows and blankets, branches with leaves long dead and dried littering the neglected bedding. E lay upon her side, breath slow as her swollen belly rose and fell to the rhythm of her working lungs. The female Raptor did not show any acknowledgement of her mate's return, nor did she move much, if at all. The scarred female simply lay there, and breathed, an occasional grimace upon her scaled lips, serrated teeth baring.

The male's amber eyes flicked as he studied his partner, serpentine pupils dilating ever so slightly in the dark din of the loft.

His claws scraped against the aged wood as he moved, swan like neck lowering and placing the small kill beside E's smaller snout.

Pulling away, the vivid male stepped back slowly, carefully, golden eyes observing intently, quills rising in anticipation. His tail flicked and swayed, a dull thud resounding as he struck the wooden railing.

He waited for E to feed, to accept his gift.

The only indication the small female noticed the small meal, was in a brief flicker of her gaze falling upon the morsel.

A croaked rumble riveted from the hybrid's throat, and his quills lowered upon his head as he bent down, and nudged the offering to her.

Twice.

Thrice.

Attempting to urge her to feed.

To eat, and not vomit, as she normally did.

She did not.

The male hybrid cocked his head, releasing a low chitter in concern.

Slowly, he moved closer to the red and white female, snout lowering and nares flaring as his warm breath trickled over her scales. Inspecting her belly that was too swollen, before moving to her edematous feet, which were far larger than they should have been.

E had been sick for weeks, and with the growing of her belly, she was just getting worse.

She rarely ate, and when she did, she vomited.

Her feet and ankles swelled, and made it painful for her rise.

And when E did rise-she wobbled, and fell, unless she stood up slowly and cautiously.

E rarely left the loft, if only because it was too taxing on her fatigued body to leap and climb to the nest.

She was completely reliant upon the Indoraptor, and the added stress upon the hybrid was beginning to show.

The male Raptor lost the weight he had previously gained, for any prey small enough to be brought back was offered to the scarred female. Most of his kills were were given to his female, in the hopes that she would feed.

At times, she did, and gorged herself.

But most of the time, she simply refused his offer.

E simply did not want to eat.

Thus, most of the Indoraptor's time was spent hunting for small prey.

Large prey, he found, was too dangerous, at least to hunt alone.

Scars ran along the Indoraptor's sides and belly where he almost suffered a fatal goring of a horned prey he foolishly attempted to take head on.

He learned in that moment, that he needed to be more cautious.

Because if he became unable to hunt, not only would he starve, but his mate would as well.

And in E's condition, the onyx and gold hybrid was unsure if his female would recover to hunt by his side again.

It was an uncertainty that plagued the large Raptor.

And worrying about his mate's failing health, and the lack of his companion, had caused him to seek ways to release his ever growing anxiety and stress. Preening was natural. It was good. But the Indoraptor at times preened himself too much upon his arms, causing his scales to wear and tear, sores and blisters forming where once obsidian scales were unmarred.

If it was not preening, it was scratching.

Scratching and raking his talons along his jaw and snout.

Scratching so until he bled. And when his wounds scabbed over, he scratched them, only to bleed again.

Because the Indoraptor disliked his mate being sick, but did not know what to do.

Was he a bad mate?

Did he do something wrong?

Did he need to try harder?

Hunt harder?

Care harder?

E used to preen him, and the hybrid, the female.

Now, E did not clean him with soft and tender licks of the tongue. She did not even preen her own scales.

The Indoraptor took on that task, dutifully cleaning and caring for his mate.

Cleaning, preening and tending to her.

Attempting to reform his bond with her.

Attempting to show he cared.

Attempting to make her feel better.

In the end, all the Indoraptor could do was try and be a good mate.


E was getting worse.

She was in pain.

She was uncomfortable.

She was laying there, twisting and writhing within the nest, breath swift and labored. She would grimace, and try to cry out.

Try to cry in agony, body tensing and haplessly struggling to get away from the anguish that reigned over her.

Try to cry, only for her breath to be caught in her lungs.

The red female was distressed, and in terror.

And it was distressing the Indoraptor, the obsidian scaled male pacing back and forth below the loft, claws scraping against the lumber floor. His posture was wooden and ridged, muscles jerking and tense. Around and around he trotted, killing claws flicking and jabbing at the floorboards in anxiousness.

The male Raptor twisted and turned, tail thrashing against the kitchen cabinets with such force, a crack rang out as they broken, and became indented.

He could hear E rasp nigh breathlessly up above, and release a strained groan.

The onyx and gold male lifted his head, nostrils flaring. He shifted anxiously, nervously in place, a clawed hand rising to once more scratch upon his jaw. Rake and scratch with such force until his scales were torn and rend, thick crimson lazily trickling from his scaled maw.

The Indoraptor did not know what to do.

E refused food once again.

She did not tolerate his attempts at preening.

She did not accept his presence.

She wanted him gone.

The Indoraptor did not want to leave his mate in pain, but he did not know what to do to help her.

The hybrid felt useless, and frustrated, and horrified.

If E was dirty, he could clean her.

If E was hungry, he could feed her.

But how could he help his crying mate if she would not let him near?

A cry then pierced from above, one of a rasp and a high pitched, unsteady whistle.

A cry of pain that caused the Indoraptor to teeter upon his hind legs and twist to face the loft.

The hybrid was swift to scramble to the upper floor upon picking up the scent of blood.


The Indoraptor was swift to move to E's side, the male panting in ragged breaths as his heart thudded heavily against his chest. His pupils were dilated as his gaze narrowed upon the scarred female. His neck craned low, and his scaled snout brushed against her in inspection.

A single stream of a softly illuminated tear rolled from one of her watering eyes and down her scaled cheek. E's breath was in mere hitches, her body heaving and straining as more pain dominated her flesh. Her clawed hands clenched and raked and tore at the nest, at the bedding, at the floor. Anything she could grasp.

She breathed forcefully, and sucked in air through jagged teeth.

She did not register the careful inspections of her male, his dark scales rubbing against her head, her snout, her cheek in concern.

Trying to find the scent of blood.

Trying to see if his female was okay.

It was then, upon closer assessment, the hybrid noticed E sported blood between her legs.

Blood, and a large egg, cream colored shell shimmering in the fluids of the female's arduous labor.

By the end of the night, before the break of dawn, two more eggs would be laid, and E-exhausted.


E did little but sleep afterwards, sprawled out within their nest.

The three, large eggs were still slick with the female's blood and essence, causing them to illuminate as if precious pearls fresh from the sea.

The hybrid did not leave the female's side, and if he did, he was swift to return.

Inspecting-He was always inspecting, checking and observing.

Seeing if his mate was safe, and not in pain.

Inspecting the eggs that came from the red and white female.

The Indoraptor cocked his head in vexation, and confusion, serrated jaws gaping as a serpentine hiss rolled from his tongue. He did not understand what happened-what was happening. His only experience with eggs was with raiding the nests of other animals-and gorging upon them.

And the instinct to feed upon such an ample source of food was quite tantalizing.

But, at the same time, instinct told him not to engorge himself upon the rich yolk that he knew would be inside.

All he would need to do was open his jaws-and crack the shell.

All he would need to do was raise a clawed finger-and crack the shell.

Instinct told him to eat.

But instinct also told him to leave them be-and guard them.

Protect the eggs from being eaten, and harmed.

Because they smelled like E.

Because they were a part of E.

It was a clash of two opposing instincts that irritated the Indoraptor.

Thus, slowly, ever so slowly, the obsidian scaled male raised a clawed hand, and extended a single taloned finger towards the nearest egg, shell glistening. His predatory pupils flicked from egg to egg, shrinking into thin slits and drowning in gold. His nares flared, and his large head warbled as his clawed finger drew ever closer.

He claw lightly tapped the newly birthed shell, and moved along the curvature of the large egg, feeling the talon run along the bumps and grooves as he did. Then, his nail moved passed, and the fleshy pads of his scaled finger glided along the shell.

Feeling the drying fluid, the grooves upon the egg feeling like leather.

His nostrils flared as he drew a deep breath, and then exhaled.

Sluggishly, almost lazily, regretfully, the Indoraptor's taloned finger retracted, and his hand planted upon the ground.

They still smelled like E.

That made them special.


E was ravenous in her feeding, and her demands for food were nigh relentless.

She devoured any food the Indoraptor provided for her as if the meal would be her last.

Her strength slowly returned, and she could often be heard within the loft above, clawed feet pattering back and forth and to and fro.

Inspecting her nest, tending to it, throwing the dead and dried leaves away, and assessing and repositioning her eggs.

And then she would lower herself slowly, carefully, and sit upon them.

Guard them, and protect them.

It was a behavior the Indoraptor was not too unfamiliar with.

Afterall, E displayed a similar behavior some time earlier with a rock.

And indeed, the rock was still a part of their clutch, nestled with their three eggs.

But E could only tolerate so much sitting.

Could only tolerate so much of being cooped up within her home.

She needed out.

Thus, she produced a whistled trill, meant to bring to attention and beckon.

Like the faithful rising of the tide to the moon, the Indoraptor was swift to answer, and join her side.

Slowly, carefully, E rose from her nest, exposing the eggs.

The Indoraptor briefly craned his neck downward to inspect the eggs, which were then left defenseless as E stepped out of the lair of ruined cushions and blankets.

It was not long before E leapt down to the cabin's ground floor, and eagerly pattered away out into the sun.

The hybrid was unsure how to care for the eggs, but decided to try and mimic his companion.

Thus, carefully, slowly, hesitantly, the onyx and gold male took his place upon the nest, and carefully lowered himself.

The eggs were pressed flush against his belly, safe and warm.

And that was all that mattered.


When E returned, she came home bearing a gift.

That gift was prey in the form of a young fawn.

And it was a gift that the Indoraptor eagerly accepted, however small a token of appreciation.

For the first time, in seemingly a long time, the pair laid down together, among the blankets and ruined pillows and stuffing.

E lay beside her eggs, nuzzling and preening the scabbed and scarred face of her mate from self inflicted wounds.

The Indoraptor merely closed his eyes, and purred, pressing himself into the warm scales of his mate, larger form encircling her, his belly pressed flush against the eggs.

The Indoraptor may not have understood everything that happened within the past few weeks, and he doubted he ever would.

But that didn't matter now.

All that mattered was that E was safe.

That the eggs that were a part of E-were something of E-were safe.

Safe and warm, nestled between their bellies.

The Indoraptor did not understand why, but to him, the three eggs were beautiful.

E was beautiful.

This moment was beautiful.

Right here, right now.

No matter how broken they were to others.

To the Indoraptor, their little something was beautiful.

Like as beautiful as when he saw the sun for the first time, and not the dank dark of his cell.

The Indoraptor was wrong.

The darkness-the nothing was not better.

The something was better than the nothing.

The Indoraptor was just so used to the nothing, he couldn't see how beautiful the something was.

And now, in this moment, he couldn't think of anything more beautiful.


The pair were no longer alone.

They were no longer a pack of two.

Not with the three large pearls that were nestled within the heart of their lair, safe and guarded when pressed flushed against a parent's warm belly.

In many aspects, life had returned to a form of normalcy.

In many aspects, however, life had not.

The eggs were never left unguarded, and one partner was always left to remain behind within their cabin.

For the Indoraptor, some things did not change.

The obsidian scaled hybrid was still hunting and providing food for himself and E, but at the same time, he had also undertaken new responsibilities.

Responsibilities that were governed by instinct, and thus, actions that the Raptor kin did not understand.

Actions that the Indoraptor would never understand.

Actions like tending to the nest and cleaning out the old bedding materials whilst E slept.

Actions like checking upon the eggs, inspecting each one of the three, quills raised and eyes alert, even when they were nestled under the red female's belly.

Actions like taking his place upon the nest, and trading placing with his smaller mate in taking egg duty.

The Indoraptor noticed quite the change in himself.

He was caring more.

Fretting more.

Worrying more.

But it was the good kind of fretting and worrying, and not the bad kind, when he was within his cage in the dank dark. A cage that was far too small for a creature his size.

Something that was more different than the anxiousness that was present when E was sick, and in pain.

It was something different.

Excitement, perhaps?

But not the excitement he felt fighting, or hunting, or mating.

It was a feeling of a different excitement.

Of...Something, that the male was unsure of.

But despite the onyx and gold hybrid not understanding why he did the things he did, the things his instincts were telling him to do, he was quite content with his new life.

Both he and his smaller mate took turns sharing the burdens and dangers of hunting, as well as the well deserved respite of returning to their nesting ground.

But whenever his mate left, there was worry.

Worry that if E ran into danger, and was injured-or worse-hunted by a larger predator herself, that he would not hear her.

Would not hear her cries for aid.

Thus, as the moving sun cast moving shadows that crawled and crept along the scratched and damaged wooden floors through grimy windows and holes within the decrepit roof, the Indoraptor began to worry.

The obsidian hybrid's amber eyes darted back and forth as his head swiveled, neck craning to look down below. Watching the shadows creep and skulk along aged wood. His pupils narrowed into thin slits, as his golden, piercing gaze moved from the accursed shadows, to the door he knew E would enter through.

Hoped E would enter through.

E left quite a while ago, if the passing of the light and shadows was any indication.

Far longer than they passed in the female's previous outings.

The hybrid shifted from his perch, powerful legs rippling and tensing, body rocking side to side as he sought to still his restless body. Sought to soothe the cramps within his legs from remaining at his prolonged station. He needed to move, to stretch his limbs.

To release energy.

To not be so damned bored.

To not be so damned worried.

Once more, the Indoraptor glanced below the loft, and to the broken doorway. His ears honed in, focusing upon hearing the approaching patter of taloned feet against the ground, laden with grass and fallen leaves. His nares flared, focusing upon detecting the all too familiar scent of his companion.

He heard nothing.

He smelled only the remnants of E's presence.

Once more, the Indoraptor shifted.

And then rose upon his hind legs, joints popping and cracking, clawed hands scratching his snout and head shaking. His neck craned, and lowered to look upon the three large eggs that lay within the nest of old bedding and trampled blankets.

The male then moved, and lowered himself to all fours as he skulked off the nest.

Circling, circling, circling, 'round and 'round the loft. Killing claws clacking and nares flaring, briefly inspecting the eggs as he circled.

It was an attempt to move, to release his pent up anxiety and energy.

An attempt to not be so bored, and worried.

At attempt to do something.

If the nest were not so tidy, the Indoraptor would be content to play with the bones of prey scattered about.

Alas, E was rather prudent upon ensuring the cleanliness of their little loft.

Thus, the Indoraptor resumed his circular pacing, huffing and hissing in frustrated breath. His eyes flicked from egg to egg to egg-and then rock.

Slowly, little by little, his circling ceased, and his serpentine gaze fell upon the rock nestled within the nest. His clawed fingers drummed in thought against the floorboards, head cocking to the right as a guttural noise riveted form his striking throat.

The rock was clutter, was it not?

But it was E's rock.

E's rock, that she treated like one of her eggs, even before she had eggs.

But it was not an egg-it was a rock.

A rock that needed to be removed.

Because a rock was not an egg.

Because a rock was something to blow off energy with.

An excuse to do something-anything-to move.

Thus, slowly, little by little, the black and gold hybrid's clawed hand stretched forward, carefully, cautiously moving passed the pearl hued eggs. His taloned fingers raked and gripped the smaller rock, strands of fabric and bedding clinging to his claws as he pulled, and removed. The obsidian beast twirled his scaled wrist to inspect the rock held within his gasp, nares flaring. He turned it. Then turned it some more. Then turned it again.

Inspecting, observing.

And then he dropped it, and allowed it to thud onto the floorboards, and roll away.

A clawed hand then gave a fierce swat, causing the rock-child to roll and skitter off. A clang rang out as it hit the wall.

And like a feline to prey, the Indoraptor lunged forth, swatting and batting the fake egg with zeal and glee, belly flush to the floor as his arms extended, hind legs pushing himself along. His tail flicked and swayed with fervor, and it was not long before the rock shot off from the loft, and smashed onto the ground below with a loud bang.

It was not long before the hybrid leapt down below to resume his hunt.


A noise of curiosity, and concern escaped the returning female. E's blue eyes briefly hid behind red scaled lids in a swift blink, pupils narrowing as they adjusted to the light of the falling sun, before dilating. A gargle of a call escaped her white throat, scaled lips painted with clumps of tawny fur from previous prey, serrated teeth sporting chunks of raw flesh wedged between themselves.

E's head warbled, attempting to pick up the noise which she thought came from the direction of her home. Her black nailed fingers were busy holding the limp body of a squirrel. Her killing claws twitched and flicked, one briefly pressing flat against the leaf laden ground.

The red and cream colored female went stiff and rigid as her ears picked up what sounded like a scuffle from within the decrepit cabin. A rasp of alarm ruptured form E's throat in a heated puff of breath.

The small prey within her hold dropped to the ground with a small thud, her taloned feet pounding heavily into the earth in her haste.

E could barely feel her heart hammer away in her chest.

It was nothing compared to the cold chill of dread and rising terror she felt creeping into her scaled bosom.

Did others of her kind trespass?

Was her mate fighting them off?

Were her eggs safe?

Were the intruders the two legged creatures?

Did another, larger predator manage to break into their lair?

The only thing that raced faster than E's legs, was her thoughts.

Thoughts of concern.

Thoughts of dread.

Thoughts of worry.

What if her mate was injured?

Her eggs?

It didn't matter!

E would make whatever beast that was stupid enough to enter her domain and threaten her mate and eggs-predator or prey-pay!

No beast regardless of size and strength threatened her pack!

E erupted from the sprawling yet dense brush nestled between ancient redwoods, leaves and branches being cast askew in the air as she punched through. Aged and dried pine needles that littered the ground were disrupted in their rest, and torn asunder.

In only five strides, E closed the distance from the precipice of the surrounding brush and forest, to the aged cabin door.

A shrill crack splintered the air as the female rammed into the doorway with a forceful rasp, talons poised and teeth bared, busting the rusted and decayed hinges off the door frame, breaking and freeing the decrepit, half broken door from its prison. The aged wood slammed down and skid against the floorboards, the noise causing the Indoraptor to release a barking noise in start, spinning in the direction of the explosive entry of his mate, who was baying for blood.

E's blue eyes narrowed and she swiftly flicked her gaze around the aged cabin.

She saw no intruder.

She picked up the scent of no intruder.

All she saw was the black and gold hybrid, and the rock that dropped from his jagged jaws with an echoing thud against the wooden floorboards.

E's gaze refocused back to her mate, then to the rock that was dropped from his maw. Her red scaled eyelids narrowed, a hoarse growl riveted from deep within her white throat. Her tail flicked, and her killing claw jabbed against the wooden floor with a dull thud, as if a blade upon a cutting board.

The Indoraptor's golden gaze lay upon his smaller mate.

Then to the rock.

Then to E.

Slowly, tic by tic, his gnarled, scaled lips turned ever upwards into a jagged, crooked smile, tail flicking as he did so.

The female's scarred head warbled, and her nares flared in a snort.

E was not entirely pleased.

Her mate made her worry and drop her prey for no reason.

But E supposed it was better than actually having danger in their lair. For that, the female was quite relieved.

It just meant they survived another day, and had hope for tomorrow.


One thing the pair did not take account of, was how high the temperature could climb.

The sweltering heat seemed to thicken the air within to such a viscous state, it could be cut.

As such, the two hunters did not lay as they normally did, seeking comfort and warmth against one another's scales.

They wanted absolutely nothing to do with the other.

E lay not of the nest, but upon the cool floorboards of the loft.

She lay upon her side, scaled maw agape and chest heaving to a rhythm of miserable pants. She writhed and squirmed, flopping around on the wood whenever she felt the floor underneath her lose it's cool touch, and become heated. Thus, her search for cooler resting places was ongoing.

The Indoraptor, however, had no such luck.

The hybrid lay upon the lower level of the cabin, pacing.

He was too stricken with heat to try to relax.

He could not.

He was too uncomfortable to lay down.

It felt like the warmth of the air was choking him, and filling his chest.

Even in the shade of his lair, he found very little comfort from the rays of the scorching sun, which cascaded through the grime stained windows and broken roof.

Thus, the Indoraptor paced, and moved to and fro, killing claws clacking and thudding against the floorboards. His taloned fingers thrummed and drummed, jagged jaws agape and expelling ragged pants.

Trying to find an area that would allow him respite from the heat and sun.

In the hybrid's wanderings, a noise of curiosity rumbled from his throat upon thrumming his clawed fingers against the wooden floor. It sounded different from the the others. It resounded and echoed.

His head warbled, before cocking to the side, nared flaring.

Experimentally, the Indoraptor tapped a claw upon the board once, twice, thrice.

It was the same reverberating noise.

A low grumble came from his throat, quills rising in interest.

His tail flicked, and he shifted his weight, talons clacking and thumping against the wood, seeking out whether any other spots sounded the same.

His wanderings and antics caught the attention of E, who managed to drag her sorry hide to the railings, and look below. A rasp of confusion escaped her, and her head cocked hard to the left. As much as she was ravaged by the sweltering heat, she was intrigued by what her mate was doing.

It was better than focusing upon her own suffering.

But, at the same time, E's neck craned back, and her head swiveled to look upon her nest. A noise of concern, and worry escaped her scaled throat.

What if the eggs got too hot?

Too warm?

E's black killing claws tapped idly against the scratched floor in thought.

It was hot.

Too hot.

But she did not know what to do.

Should she move her eggs?

To where?

Where would they be safe?

E's thoughts were broken by the sound of rough grating of black talon against wood. Her neck craned to look below, her large mate raking his claws into the floor, scratching and cutting-and then breaking with loud, echoing snaps of lumber.

The aged boards broke and splintered, but the Indoraptor did not stop.

He dug, and raked and clawed until the surrounding boards were stripped away in wooden shards, the gaping hole below now opened wide.

Large enough for his frame to squeeze through the gaping, wooden jaws and into the black abyss below.

E watched as her mate climbed below, and disappeared into the dark.

E's scaled lids narrowed as her pupils fixated in interest upon the open, jagged maw of the floorboards. It was not that she feared the hybrid would need aid, but more so out of curiosity than anything else.

It was not long before the quilled head of the Indoraptor popped up from the murk below, pupils narrowing and adjusting. A layer of damp dirt littered his black hide, and his neck craned upwards to look upon the loft, upon E.

A trill riveted from his scaled throat.

A call to bring attention.

A call to beckon hither.

It was a call that E slothfully answered, feet hitting the floor with an ungraceful landing that resulted in a heavy thud. Briefly shaking herself, the scarlet hued female pattered along, taloned feet stopping at the precipice of the wooden cavern. Her head cocked to the side, a rasp in wonder escaping her. Whistling could be faintly heard in her breathing, low and soft, as if a songbird's trill.

The Indoraptor's head bobbed once, and a dull, almost lazy roar carried up above.

The hybrid ducked his head back down, turned, and disappeared below the floorboards.

E craned her neck, nares flaring and chest expanding as she inhaled. All she could smell was dampness and earth.

It was not long before she followed her mate, down into the bowels of the dark.

There, within the blackness and soil untouched by the heat of the day, the pair found respite against the cool ground.

However brief.

However precious.

E never thought dirt would be so welcoming.

She also thought she would never roll around in the dirt.

For once, become encrusted in a layer of soil that she was not eager to clean off.

For once, she was eager to seek a damp and cool touch to soothe her body.

Thus, E panted happily within the underground lair, rolling upon her back, breath escaping in chuffs and whistled breaths. Her tongue lolled in motion to her own joyful rocking to and fro.

The red scaled female paused ever so slightly to look upon her mate, who was laying contently against the cool ground. The Indoraptor's golden eyes were closed behind black scaled lids, a low, rumbling purr riveting from his throat like the crackling waters of a stream.

His torpor, however, was interrupted upon feeling cool sprays of soil be flicked upon his scales. The Indoraptor's scaled lips peeled upwards ever so slightly, and his amber eyes sluggishly opened, pupils adjusting. A snort escaped the hybrid in a huff of breath as his predatory orbs flicked upon E.

The scarlet and white scaled female released a rumbling snort that rose from her throat akin to a bubbling crick, tail thudding against the cool earth. Her blue eyes were half lidded behind sanguine scaled lids, a lazy shimmer of playfulness in her gaze.

The Indoraptor's golden gaze remained upon his smaller mate, serpentine pupils catching the flicker of playful mirth within her cerulean irises. He watched as the scarred female began to roll around, snorting and panting.

And with a flick of her taloned foot-a spray of cool soil was tossed upon the Indoraptor's darkened hide, and his scaled maw twisted into a vexed snarl.

A whistling, yet wavering trill akin to a cackling crick escaped E, and a brisk whisk of her clawed hand cast askew even more ground in the direction of the hybrid.

The Raptor kin's nares flared in a snort.

Clearly, E thought this was funny.

The Indoraptor did not.

The vivid hued male released a deep, riveting rumble from his gullet, and he rose upon all fours, limbs cracking.

His pupils were focused upon E, alight with a predatory gleam as he skulked forth, drawing near.

E's neck craned to look upon the male looming above her. A low gurgle escaped her scaled maw, moist tongue licking upon dirt encrusted lips. Her legs kicked playfully as her body teetered back and forth. Her blue eyes flicked to the piercing, golden orbs of her mate, before honing upon the Indoraptor's powerful muscles rippling under charcoal scales.

The hybrid's neck bent forward, arteries pulsing in his developed forearms and nares flaring. His feral eyes flicked and roamed over the female before him, jaws agape as his breath ran along E's flesh in heated puffs.

He leered upon E as if she were prey.

His larger snout was then jabbed against E's smooth scaled head in a boop.

While the boop was harmless, E reacted as if he bit her, and rasped in a slight flinch. A clawed hand extended, delivering a light hearted slap against his scaled jaw.

The hybrid shifted from the swipe ever so briefly, the slightest upward tic of his scaled lips molding into a broken smile. The Indoraptor's head cocked to the right, and his neck craned upwards to avoid E's sluggish assault. His own taloned hand rose from the earth and bat upon her with brisk, if weak half swipes of the claws.

Like a pair frisky felines, the pair batted and swatted at each other in play.

The Indoraptor released a series of deep chuffs in joy, tail swaying in his excitement.

It was not long before the pair were tangled in a mess of limbs, flopping and rolling around in their earthen sanctuary.


Something was happening with the eggs.

They were making quiet, barely audible squeaks and chirps from within.

It was something that caught E's attention, for the female Raptor found that she could not sit still.

Could not rest.

Could not relax.

Thus, E was constantly pacing.

Pacing, and fretting, and checking, and listening.

The scarlet female trekked around her nest, 'round and 'round in nervousness, anxiousness, and excitement.

But why, E did not know!

She just knew something was happening with her eggs, and it was something special!

The talons of the red scaled Raptor clacked and thrummed against the scratched floorboard in a rapid, if unsteady tapping.

E craned her neck low, head cocking to the right, then to the left. Her nares flared, and her pupils dilated and flicked to each individual egg.

The Indoraptor lay against the wall of the loft, quills becoming erect as his head rose from his brief torpor. The hybrid's mouth gaped in a jagged yawn, and he pushed his belly off the floorboards to rise upon all fours.

His limbs cracked and popped, and the onyx and gold hybrid briefly shook himself, eyes closing under black scaled lids.

When he opened his eyes, his serpentine pupils flicked towards E, and their nest.

The small female was still prancing anxiously around the bedding, E producing whistles, rasping trills and gurgling clicks in response to the quiet squeaks coming from the eggs.

It was as if she as trying to speak with them, head cocking and warbling, before stilling, as if to better inspect and listen.

To try to make out the small peeps she knew she heard within.

E's focus was briefly lost as she heard the Indoraptor near, the quilled male looking from E, then to the nest as he picked up faint chirps.

The male's head cocked, and a noise of perplexion, and confusion escaped him.

His amber eyes narrowed upon the three large eggs, nares flaring as his chest expanded with breath.

His gaze then flicked to E, noticing the scarlet scaled female's fidgeting motions and anxious pacing. A noise of concern rumbled from the hybrid's throat, and he moved to nuzzle his head against his mate. His warm body then slid against her smaller one, obsidian brushing against garnet.

The Indoraptor felt E's body fall lax, and a deep breath of respite, followed by an exhale caused her to steady.

All it took was her mate's comfort to steady the uneasiness she felt, and ground herself.

Everything was okay.

She was okay.

Her mate was okay.

Their eggs were okay.

Everything would be okay.

E just needed to wait.


The pair waited anxiously, nervously, excitedly, as they listened to the chirps and peeps from within the three nestling pearls.

For a long time, the quiet squeaks from within was all they heard.

Until a chip emerged from an egg's shell, clear fluid beginning to well and bleed from the cracked pearl.

The sound of cracking of the shell caught E's attention, the female being swift to return to her eggs' sides.

Checking and inspecting, breath a chorus of excited whistles.

It was not long before her mate was by her side, curiously inspecting the changing status of their eggs. His nares flared, large snout lowering and closing the distance of the cracked egg to nigh touching. The cracked shell molded, and bulged, and a small snout pierced through the shell in a wave of sluggish fluid.

The soft peeps grew louder, more audible to the ear.

It was enough to cause the male and female to be more vocal, as if they were urging the tiny creature housed within to break free in their excitement.

As if they were answering, and calling in turn to the high pitched cries of a chick.

Time passed, and the first chick broke free of its protective prison as another egg began to crack and break.

Yet more time passed, and the second hatchling was freed, newborn scales glistening under clear fluid.

The two chicks were tiny, and hapless.

Their bellies were rounded and large, arms and legs thin with large heads and bulbous eyes that were not yet open. The two chicks chirped quietly, tails still curled around themselves, limbs folded underneath fat bellies.

They had yet to leave the confines of their broken sanctuary, exposed to the cold air of the world as their tiny bodies shivered.

Warmth enveloped a chick as moist, hot breath wrapped around the hapless creature. E's scaled snout nuzzled and caressed the fragile new life tenderly, lovingly, as a steady trickle of purrs and soft whistles sang from her white throat. A soft tongue then extended passed her scaled lips to preen and clean with care, her nares flaring as she inhaled the scent of her newly hatched babies.

Her affections caused the chick to wiggle and squirm, chirps increasing in frequency.

The Indoraptor watched E tend to the small creature, golden eyes flicking to the second baby. Slowly, a taloned hand rose, and the hybrid went to lightly touch the tiny chick with a claw. However, the black and gold stripped male withdrew his curious fingers, as if becoming aware his investigating with a pointy end of something may accidentally bring harm to something so ugly and minute.

The Indoraptor may not have entirely understood how these tiny creatures came about, but a part of him knew that these were his chicks.

No matter how ugly and un-raptor like in infancy he deemed them to be-They needed to be protected.

Kept safe.

It was something primitive.

Something instinctive.

But there was also something more.

Looking upon E, seeing her tend to her baby-their baby-the Indoraptor felt pride swell within his chest.

Because E was his.

The chicks were his.

This little family that was once two, and now two more were his.

His quills became erect, and a chuff escaped the hybrid in please.

Slowly, gently, carefully, the male lowered himself to get a better look at the shaking chick. His piercing, amber eyes briefly flicked to E, seeing her nuzzle and croon and clean.

Gently, tenderly, oh, so tenderly, the hybrid lowered himself further towards the shivering hatchling. The Indoraptor released a guttural purr from his throat as he pressed his massive snout into the fragile chick, feeling the warmth of its tiny body against his scaled lips.

The hybrid never imagined himself being so careful around another creature-much less one this small-as he was now.

He could feel the tiny body wiggle and squirm against his obsidian scales.

Could feel E's scarlet head nuzzle against his own as she resumed her tending and caring.

The Indoraptor never imagined he would have something so special.

Something of him, and something of E.

Something that was theirs, together.

Theirs, and no one else's.


The third egg hatched a day later.

Their family of four was now a family of five.

Three chicks hatched from three large pearls, of the three, two were male.

The sister was the last to hatch.

The first hatched was ebony of scale, and sported garnet hued arms and legs, a white underbelly, and vivid sanguine stripes running from skull to tail tip.

The second hatched was of winter scales, hints of vivid citrine rippling across his scaled scalp like lightning, and darkened to the color of night at the stripes crackled down his jaws and snout like running water. Citrine cracked and rippled along his arms and legs, turning his limbs a rich amber hue. Striking, golden stripes ran the length of his body.

The third to hatch sported obsidian scales with a white underbelly and twin winter stripes.

Together, the three babes lay in a pile of fragile scales and newly beating hearts, quiet chitters and chirps coming from the ball of hatchlings. The nest had long been cleaned of old egg shells.

It was not long before E placed herself over the nest, and carefully lowered herself to press her belly flush against the tiny chicks-though they were quite large, by the typical Raptor standards. Still, it did not cease E from being careful to not crush her babies. She could feel the three young writhe and wiggle underneath her. This caused the female to shift her weight, and rise ever so slightly in case she was causing her young distress.

E craned her neck downward, blue eyes peering to look at the young Raptors underneath her-which were flailing sluggishly and crawling out from underneath her. A huff of breath escaped the garnet hued mother, and she bent down further to nuzzle and inspect each chick-and even nudge them against her belly in order to keep them warm.

The female then turned her head towards the entrance of the loft upon hearing the noise of her mate hoisting himself up to the second floor to join her.

The Indoraptor was graceful, and fluid in his movements, holding a large rabbit within his jagged jaws. A muffled chuff riveted from his throat in greeting as the hybrid skulked forward, golden eyes flicking from E, to the three chicks.

The meal was then set down upon the floor, and promptly stepped over and ignored by the large male.

Instead, the black and gold male pressed his quilled head against E in greeting before rubbing the whole length of his body against hers. The Indoraptor skulked and circled around the nest, before laying beside the whistling and purring E with a heavy thud and huff of breath. The small female began to preen and nuzzle her mate's scaled neck and chest, nares flaring as she inhaled his scent in deep puffs.

A deep, guttural purr riveted from the hybrid as his body encircled his tiny family, quilled head lowing to press against his female. It was not long before his neck lowered, and his piercing gaze and sharp pupils narrowed upon the three small Raptors that were smooshed against their mother's warm scales.

One by one, his neck craned and extended to inspect and simply see, a low croon escaping the hybrid.

It didn't matter if the Indoraptor thought his chicks were ugly with their too large heads and bulbous eyes that still did not open, nor their large, gaping mouths that ceaselessly begged for food.

They were his chicks.

They were his babies.

They were his something.

Just as E was his something, too.

She was his something, and he was her something.

The little family that once was two, was now five.

All because E was his something, and the Indoraptor, her something.

Their something made ever more special somethings.

Three babies that were something of E, and something of him.

Three little somethings that were more special than the hybrid's healing mind thought possible.

Because the chicks were something that belonged only to them, together.

If the Indoraptor were still back there, in the dank dark of his metal cage-He would have preferred nothing.

Not E.

Not their babies.

He would have killed them.

But now, with a still healing mind, the Indoraptor could not imagine his life if it were nothing.

If E was nothing.

If his babies were nothing.

He wouldn't like that life, if they were nothing.

If they were dead.

No, they needed to be something.

His something.

And not his nothing.

In the dark of his cage, where there was nothing but fear and pain and rage-the quiet silence of the darkness was his nothing-his home.

And then he met E.

And E became his something.

But also something more than something.

E became his home.

And then E's babies-his babies-their babies-became something.

But something more than something.

They became his home, too.

Something to feel safe in.

Something to feel loved in.

Something to feel comforted in.

Something to feel connected in.

In E, he found a pack.

In their babies, he found hope.

In their family, he found a home.

And a home was all he needed.


Three precious little somethings, they had!

Three precious little babies!

Little mini thems!

Light and darkness passed in endless cycles, and their babies grew swiftly, however tiny they still remained.

Their home was safe.

Their family was safe.

Today was a good day.

Indeed, day was warm and welcoming within the little pack's territory. Currently, the Indoraptor lay at the base of an aged tree, sprawling out upon his back, belly warmed by the sun's rays. His chest rose and fell gently whilst he breathed, tail flicking. An occasional leg muscle twitched and kicked.

E lay by his side, her red scales pressed flush against his onyx, tucked and curled into the nape of his swan like neck. Quiet whistles escaped her throat as she breathed, fingers and toes lightly twitching. Soft purrs indicated she was in a light torpor.

The weather was pleasant and calm, the breeze soft and gentle. Grasses were swaying to and fro under clear skies and a brightly shining sun.

Birds chirped and called in the nearby trees, and bees and butterflies fluttered nearby.

The scent of pollen and plant life was rich in the air.

The lazy babbling of a brook could be heard nearby. It was a nice day to simply enjoy—and enjoy the pair did upon their little knoll.

Their little knoll where they did nothing, but simply bask in one another's presence.

Upon their little knoll, where everything was beautiful and perfect—

—And nothing hurt.

Light splashing was heard over the babbling stream, and excited squeaks and chirrups of their playing young.

The galloping of feet pattering along the crick's steam gave way to the pounding of young hearts fluttering through the blooming fields below their parent's knoll.

The swaying grasses bent in command of the frolicking raptors, excited trills and chirrups in play ringing through the air. Three paths were made in chaotic zig zags and circles, insects and birds taking flight into the warm skies.

Like frisky felines the chicks played, leaping and bouncing through the rivers of green grasses and blooming flowers.

Upon breaking from the field, two chicks squeaked as they rolled in a pile of mangled limbs.

The two brothers-a white male with a golden stripe-and a black scaled male with a red stripe-were currently flopping around upon the ground in play.

The sister-black hued and white striped-waddled out upon all fours, small jaws holding hostage a striking flower. Huffing and snorting, the sister trotted around, neck craned high and flower held for all to witness the glory of her prize and envy that they didn't have something so pretty.

Skunk's prize was slightly snatched upon feeling Legion's jaws grasp the stem, the red striped male tugging and pulling.

It was not long before Seraphim's jaws grasped the flower's neck and pierced soft petals-and pulled as well.

It was a battle of tug of war, and Skunk found herself rocked to and fro in place-and then was lifted up off the ground as her brothers pulled the abused plant tight.

A sudden lack of pull and a shocked squeak-sent both Skunk and Legion tumbling down the earthen slope in a ball of flailing limbs, a broken stem and torn petals.

Both siblings landed in quiet grunts, bellies flush to each other.

The light pattering of Seraphim trotting down the tiny slope-though large to them-met their ears.

Within his jaws, their white brother held a prize for both to be envious of.

A pebble!

But not just any pebble!

A shiny pebble!

Chitters, trills and chirrups came from the trio as they began to battle over their pretty prize.

The skulking of another neared the playing chicks, a serpentine hiss escaping.

The noise caused the young raptors to freeze, and twist their necks to look upon the giant that now loomed over them and cast a cold shadow.

Three pairs of eyes stared at two predatory eyes.

Seraphim then produced a chirrup in greeting, thin throat swelling. His tail wagged to and fro, and his brother and sister joined in the chorus of happy trills and chirps.

Tic by tic did gnarled jaws flash into a grin.


E jolted up from her slumber, round pupils mere pinpricks as her oceans eyes adjusted to the harsh rays of the sun. Her nares flared, head shaking to rid herself of sleep. A gurgle escaped her white throat, neck twisting to look around.

Hmmm.

Her chicks were not here.

E thought she heard something whilst on the verge of sleep snd wakefulness.

She almost thought she was wrong.

But the Indoraptor, too, awoke from his slumber, amber eyes alert and quills erect. His swan like neck twisted, body rolling to his belly.

He, too, noticed his babies were not there.

E's sapphire gaze briefly flicked to his amber.

A whistled trill escaped from the female as she rose.

It was a call for her babies to come.

To answer.

To come hither.

E waited.

Expecting to hear the eager trills and chirrups of her chicks.

Silence was her answer.

A noise of concern rumbled from her throat, killing claws twitching. Her neck swiveled, sapphire eyes squinting to scour the lands below her knoll.

The Indoraptor rose upon his hind legs, towering over his little mate. His predatory eyes scanned the fields, nostrils flaring with deep intakes of breath.

A guttural rumble vibrated the air as he, too, called.

An echoing grumble and carried from his shaded perch.

Silence reigned.

E's body tensed, physically becoming anxious and nervous.

It wasn't like their chicks to stray, or not answer their calls.

The mother whistled once more.

Twice.

Thrice.

Deafening silence was her answer.

The Indoraptor was swift to pick up the scent of his young, and follow the trail.

E was at his heels, calling all the while.

She called for each individual chick.

Whistled and rasped complex calls for each other young.

One by one, they did not respond.

The silence caused the onyx and gold hybrid to pause his tracking, and rise upon his hind legs. His nostrils flared as he drew in deep breaths, seeking to find any scent of threat upon the wind.

His athletic muscles tensed, and fidgeted in rising nervousness.

The anxiety that rippled through his muscles made E unsettled.

It wasn't often when the hybrid was nervous.

But when he was-there was a good reason to.

She fed upon the raptor kin's energy.

The hybrid fed upon his scarred mate's energy.

Both were unsettled, and anxious.

The male became low slung to the ground, and resumed his tracking in urgency.

Excited, yet brimming with worry, the pair moved on.

They were eager to find their chicks.

It was not long before they found them towards the base of a small slope near the edge of an encroaching forest.

What they saw made their blood turn to ice, and their world break.

The little strips of flesh and blood that remained of their chicks, splotches and droplets of crimson staining the lush grasses.

Their white chick lay like a mere broken twig upon the ground. His small maw was open impossibly wide, jaw broken and dislocated. His small neck was stretched and torn, thin sternum broken. What looked like a worm was attached to the jaw that was severed from his body.

It was the remains of his throat.

His chest was broken and rend, tiny heart visible and still.

It was as if something was rammed down his throat, and raked through his chest.

E was frozen in place, sapphire eyes struggling to make sense of what she saw.

Upon trembling, unsteady and shaking legs she neared, breath hitching and heart pounding. She lowered herself, snout moving to inspect and nudge her fragile chick.

She nudged Seraphim, gentle and tender.

Fearful.

In denial.

She was unable to process the horror she was witnessing.

Once more, she nudged the white chick.

Twice.

Thrice.

Her head cocked to the left, then to the right.

A quivering, weak whistle slipped from her throat.

It was almost too quiet to hear.

The mother trembled, breath uneven and ragged.

E's sapphire eyes flicked, struggling to make sense that this-this-was her baby.

Her little precious something.

That her little precious something that was so fragile and small, she could always feel Seraphim's little heart pounding away when she would nuzzle into his thin chest.

But now her baby was broken in the chest.

He was broken in the jaw.

The same little mouth that chirruped and trilled.

The same little mouth that always begged for food-and E would make sure his belly was full-because she knew what it was like to have an empty belly.

His chest was broken-the same chest that housed his beating heart that raced when Seraphim was scared.

He always ran towards his mother.

He always sought succor against her warmth.

And E would preen and lick and nuzzle until she could no longer feel her baby's heart quaking in fear.

Because E knew what it felt like to be afraid.

Her baby would always be safe.

Always.

But now-her baby was broken.

He wasn't supposed to be broken.

The Indoraptor's amber eyes became fixated on another chick. One of his precious little somethings that looked just like him, but not.

His daughter lay nearby, mouth agape in a silent cry, sapphire eyes wide in horror.

Her one eye was poked and gouged out, bloody and popped from its socket, hanging from a thick cord. Her belly was pierced and torn open, tiny intestines pulled out and strewn over her own body.

His golden eyes flicked, blinked, pupils dilating.

Attempting to understand what he was currently seeing.

His precious little something was broken.

His precious baby daughter had broken insides that were on the outside.

A taloned hand rose, a single calloused finger extending.

Gently and tenderly did the Indoraptor caress his large scaled finger against the small body of his child. Skunk was the length of his whole finger.

The hybrid acted with such care-it almost seemed impossible from such a beast of war.

The fleshy pad of his finger ran over his chick's small, stout head, caressing and petting.

Then he trailed over his little girl's tiny hands, marveling at how fragile her thin fingers were with her miniscule claws.

The calloused finger moved to trail the curvature of her round belly-but found the act all too sobering with the reality of his vainful hopes.

That Skunk would be unbroken.

That she would breathe.

That she would squeak and huff in breath.

That she would beg for food and waddle about his massive feet, rubbing and purring all the while.

The Indoraptor always spoiled his little girl.

He fed his baby well, and it caused her belly to swell.

Whenever she would beg-He couldn't resist.

He never could resist.

He was wrapped around his daughter's little clawed finger.

Because he knew what it was like to be hungry, and denied food no matter how much he cried and begged.

And now he could never make sure his chick's belly was full and not hurting ever again.

He was...a bad something.

He did bad things.

But Skunk looked up to him like he was the best big something in the whole world.

His precious little daughter could see no wrong in something so broken.

To Skunk, the Indoraptor was the perfect daddy.

But the Indoraptor knew the real truth.

He was a broken father to the most perfect little something in the world.

To all his little precious somethings.

And now-two of their precious little somethings were gone.

His throat swelled shut.

His breath hitched.

Tears welled.

His chest became cold and heavy with pressure.

His body went numb.

His eyes felt like he was looking through a haze.

Something killed his babies!

Something killed his precious somethings!

No!

Something less than something!

Nothing!

The nothing killed his little somethings!

The nothing didn't even eat his babies!

The nothing just killed to kill!

Tortured!

Mutilated!

Decimated!

The Indoraptor wanted to scream!

To rage!

To slaughter!

To maim!

To obliterate!

To annihilate!

But there was so time to rage!

No time to mourn!

Rather than scream, than rage, than cry, the Indoraptor fell silent.

It was an eerie, silent calm of a thinking predator.

A calm that was simmering in quiet fury.

Two hapless and broken chicks lay.

One was missing.

The onyx and gold hybrid looked towards his grieving mate.

The white and sanguine female appeared as if she would not rise, at first, to leave her children's sides.

After much debate and thought, she rose.

She could spend time protecting them, later.

She could lay with them, and preen them, and hold them, later.

There was still hope for their last chick.

There was still something.

And that was all the parents needed to resume their hunt.