Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2020-05-06
Completed:
2020-05-18
Words:
18,870
Chapters:
13/13
Comments:
44
Kudos:
70
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,820

Céline and Adèle

Chapter Text

Noémie and I were in bed playing footsie when Adèle arrived. I went to get up, but she grabbed my arm and shook her head.

- She better finds out now.

I stared at her wondering if she had it prepared. "Let her know now" ... This way! But I couldn't say anything.

Adèle had a key, but she had not told me. On the other hand, why won't she have a key?

We listen to her steps to the room. She opened the door and peeked into.

 

It was December 26. She was supposed to be visiting her family's home. She had asked Noémie to go with her, but she refused.

- Why don't you go? I asked her. I was really intrigued.

- Because I don't want her to get used to it badly.

Because she didn't want her to get used to having everything she asked for, even if she had agreed to go see her family. It seemed like a strange argument to me.

- And she asked me just because I asked her.

I didn't dare tell her what I thought, but their relationship was building on a kind of tactical warfare that I didn't like. She asked me:

- What you think?

I shrugged my shoulders.

- No. Tell me what you think.

- I wonder if I ask you for things that you don't give me because you have some kind of counterattack plan.

- Don't obsess, she told me.

We talked while stroking me with one of her finger, so I was about to fall asleep or laugh all the time.

- Do you want to stop doing that?

- The what, she protested.

We look at each other about to laugh or fight or make love.

- Do you want me to do it to you?

- What!

- You're tickling me.

- How beautiful, she said.

- What is beautiful.

- This mole you have here.

And she kissed me. She used to do those things that melted me.

- I'm going to tell you something.

- Let's see what.

- I need to tell you, but don't interrupt me, okay?

It was my way of creating the right atmosphere for the confession I needed to make.

- I have never felt so desired as now.

She was now realizing the dimension of my relationship with Adèle.

- I felt loved and I was grateful, these two feelings have defined my relationship with Adèle. And it was all that existed. But you came and now I feel that somehow it was not right, it was not healthy.

She kept listening to me, watching me closely with her big, serious eyes.

- So I don't know how to behave with Adèle. I don't know if I'm going to be able to have a threesome with her again. I feel like ripped off.

She was still silent. Even after I pause for a long time.

- I know that she doesn't owe me anything, that it was the type of relationship that she and I built, and that I consented to all this happening. I suppose that before, feeling desired was not a priority, it was something that I left in the background myself, but now that I have met you I have the urgency to live this passion and the rest does not matter to me. I've tried to imagine a threesome and I can't. I am always jealous. So I don't want to go through with this.

She was upset, now her gaze was lost.

She didn't say anything for a while. I was used to it, I accepted those silences not as opposition, nor as indifference, but as something of her, which I liked more and more.

Then at last she said:

- Before I couldn't enjoy this relationship, I felt insecure, something was missing. I lacked caresses and attentions, perhaps. I lacked your sweetness, your patience. I can talk with you, because you give me space to speak and you don't judge me. With you I have a serene love, but I'm crazy about her, that's the truth. I have real passion for Adèle.

She looked at me with an intensity that made me dizzy.

- Stay.

 

And we hear the key on the door.

I had covered my head, but Noémie uncovered it. Adèle took a few steps into the room and put her hands in her pockets. I closed my eyes.

- Didn't you go see your parents? Noémie asked.

She did not answer.

That silence impressed me.

Adèle turned and left.

When I heard the door. I got out of bed and looked for my clothes.

- Where are you going?

I said nothing. I kept looking for my clothes like crazy. She got up and chased me.

- But what are you doing?

She hugged me. She didn't hug me in fact, she pinned me down. Considering her size and mine this is the right word.

- Come.

I was literally tearing me apart, but she took me back to bed and we sat down.

- Adèle had to know and we were putting it off.

- Did you want revenge?

- No. I just wanted this to be over.

- And did you know that she wasn't with her parents?

- No.

We are speechless.

- Stay, she asked me.

- And Adèle? Aren't you going to talk to her?

- Not me, and you?

I did not expect that answer.

- You are also her partner.

It was true.

- You behave like you have entered this house through the window, but you entered through the door.

I looked at her. She continued speaking:

- You are also my partner and she was out, we do nothing wrong meeting us without her.

I sighed. It wasn't a bad theory, at least it comforted me.

- Don't go, she begged me.

- And now what?

- Now we will continue as always.

Everything she said left me speechless.

- I don't know why I feel like I've done something wrong.

I was going to keep talking, but she cut me off:

- I love you.

We decided to watch a movie and sent a message to Adèle to come see the movie with us.

- "The Double Life of Veronique", by Kieslowski.

She answered:

- Do I take something for dinner?

- We have everything, Noémie wrote.

And Adèle returned home. She took off her coat and smiled. She had been crying. I am able to recognize all her moods, everything that goes through her head, all her expressions. That woman who brought beer and smiled to erase the sadness from her face was the woman of my life, for better and for worse.

- I brought beer, she said.

- We have already noticed, Noémie said, looking at her with pride.

We made room for her in the middle of the two of us and the movie started.

 

December 31, 2019

We are in Val-d'Oise, we are going to celebrate the New Year here. We will be about twenty people. Adèle, Noémie and I have come together. The guests are arriving and we are mixing with them, we have conversations with people we love and have not seen for a long time. Today is a really special day. We are separated into different groups, each at one end of the room, but we are together. At one point, our eyes meet and we throw a kiss.

Notes:

Dear Readers,
this is the end of this story. I have to emphasize that it is completely fictitious, although surely you already know it, but they are requirements of the script.
It's been a pleasure writing it.
I love Céline, Adèle and Noémie, and I hope they stay together in the future 😉
Thanks for reading.
aldeana