Actions

Work Header

Fictional Profiles-Know Your Characters

Summary:

Welcome to Fictional Profiles-Know Your Characters. Here we take a look at potential future fighters for the future Ultimate Showdown series and see just what they might bring to the table.

Chapter 1: Entry 01: Respect Steve Rogers, Captain America, The First Avenger

Chapter Text

Hello, Antonio Ro here with the first entry for Ultimate Showdown Extra: Know Your Character

I hope you all enjoy.


Entry 01: Respect Captain America, The First Avenger.

Name: Steven "Steve" Rogers

Home Reality: Marvel Comics' Earth 616

 

First Appeared: This incarnation of Steve Rogers, Captain America, first appeared in issue #1 of Captain America during March, 1941 in which the cover depicts Steve in his Captain America uniform, punching out Hitler. Written by Joe Simon with the artwork done by Jack Kirby. Similarly, Both Joe Simon and Jack Kirby are both credited as the creators of this version of Captain America.

 

Bio (Lore):Steven Rogers was born in New York City, New York on July 4, 1922.

Due to being born to a poor family during the "Great Depression." It could be said that Steve's childhood wasn't the greatest. Due to a lack of funding. Steve would grow up looking extremely thin and malnourished compared to those around him. With his body often showing signs of sickness.

It wouldn't be until Steve's adult years that he would begin being shaped into the legend he would be remembered for in the future. One day when visiting a theater. A newsreel was being shown. Showcasing the evils being done by the Nazis and Japanese Empire.

Realizing the very real threat that these groups posed to the nation. Steve Rogers sought to enlist in the U.S. military; however, was turned down due to his weak body. Failing with a grade of 4F. Making it difficult, if not nearly impossible for Steve to enter the service.

Hope was not lost; however, as a chance for Steve to help his country did arise when a military representative would approach him with an offer. This person would tell him about a secret military operation called [Project: Rebirth]. Noting that Steve held certain qualities within himself that would make him a likely candidate, and successful test subject, should he choose to accept. Seeing the offer presented to him and the potential good that, not only he, but the project itself can do for the country as a whole. Steve Rogers took the job.

Later, after being taken to the secret lab where the project was being done. Steve would undergo the process of taking the [Super Soldier Serum]. Due to the serum, Steve's body went through a drastic change. He found himself becoming stronger. His mind had became clearer, sharper than humanly possible. No longer the frail, weak boy with a heart of gold. Now he was a man, strong enough to rally hope in those that saw him.

At the same time. A nazi spy had manage to enter the testing area. Upon witnessing the results of the [Project: Rebirth]. The spy had killed the head scientist. His action unknowingly springs Steve Rogers into action, as the newly enhanced super soldier moves swiftly. Bringing down the spy in an epic display of his capabilities.

Impressed by this act of heroism. The military would grant Steve entry into the Military. And just in time too as America was soon dragged into the conflict known as World War 2 due to the events of Pearl Harbor.

Now a soldier. The newly made super soldier would serve double duty. First as Steve Rogers, a normal joe serving his country, in order to throw off potential spies looking for him in order to end the hope that Steve now represented. And as Captain America. A secret agent working for the U.S. in order to stop the Nazis' most dangerous and evil plans for world domination.

Steve Rogers, now Captain America, would do his best. Protecting many lives as he stopped various Nazi forces from enacting their plans such as Hydra and the Red Skull. Along the way, he would be aided by other heroes. Such as the Invaders and his long-time friend and sidekick Bucky.

With the Captain helping to lead the Allied forces against the Axis powers. The war was beginning to turn around. However, tragedy would strike.

During one of Captain America's raids on the headquarters led by the supervillian known as Baron Zemo. Cap and his sidekick Bucky would work to try and disarm the various missiles that Zemo had set up. Unfortunately, They couldn't get to all of them in time as one missile was launched. Seeing this. Both Cap and Bucky leaped onto the missile in hopes of making it detonate in mid-flight. During this process. Bucky would get stuck on the missile with no way to escape in time. Seeing that the World needed Captain America more than it did Bucky. Bucky pushed Cap off the missile moments before it exploded.

Cap horrified by the aftermath would land in the freezing water. Too injured to escape a watery grave. He would eventually be frozen over. Lost to the world for the time being.

Several decades later. Steve Rogers would be found by the newly formed team of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, called the Avengers, who worked to revive him from his frozen slumber.

Seeing how much time has changed from when he was in WW2. Rogers would join the Avengers as a founding member as he worked on getting accustomed to modern times. During this time, he would ultimately end up leading the Avengers against various past and present day threats. His history and training as a Soldier and his enhanced abilities allowing him to lead the team against impossible odds.

During his journey he would lead the avengers to face off against various foes such as the Kree and Skrull empires. Terrorist groups such as A.I.M. Cosmic threats such as the Serpent, Thanos, and Dr. Doom, and even against old foes such as Red Skull and Hydra. Doing his best to fight the corruption and evils that threaten the innocent.

Even when it seemed like the world would be against him such as when he was blamed for the crimes of an alternate version of himself or when he was forced to lead a team of superheroes against the government in order to stop the [Superhuman Registration Act]. He never stopped fighting for what he believes is right.

And as long as his heart remains pure. He never will.

 

Appearance: In the comics, Steve Rogers is depicted as being a white male with blonde hair and blue eyes. He stands at 6 foot 2 inches and weighs in at 220 pounds. He is shown having an average but well built muscular physique that doesn't affect his flexibility nor speed in battle.

As Steve Rogers, his clothing is shown alternating between various brands; however, he is often shown wearing pants and casual short-sleeve or long-sleeve shirts. He is sometimes depicted as wearing his shield underneath his shirt.

When operating as Captain America. Steve wears the specially designed Captain America outfit consisting of blue pants, a blue long-sleeve shirt with a red and white line pattern on his midriff and a white star on his chest. The shirt is shown having hooks or something similar on it. Allow Cap to place his shield on his back without worry of it falling off. The arm sleeves from the bicep down changes from blue to white; however, this can be changed to being a blue, sometimes scaly shirt with white undershirt under it depending on the version and depiction of the suit that the artist working on it wants. He is shown wearing red shoes and gloves.

He is shown wearing a blue helmet and/or mask. Details of the mask consists of a large "A" on the forehead and attachments on each side of his head that looks like wings, just above his ears. He also wears a utility belt, however, it isn't always shown in the artwork.

Sometimes depending on the situation and the amount of gear he needs for a mission. Steve would sometimes wear a tactical vest containing a number of items on his person.

 

Physiology

-Enhanced Physiology [Super Soldier Serum]: Steve Rogers is shown having his physiology enhanced through chemical means via the [Super Soldier Serum] as a result of joining [Project: Rebirth]. The goal behind the creation of the serum was to alter a person's body into what could be considered the perfect human specimen. Allowing a person's mind and body to operate at 100 percent natural human potential by removing various mental and biological limiters that are naturally placed on the body

This process was done using the serum as a catalyst. When hit with Vita-Rays, the serum is shown altering the body in a way that allows it to replicate and naturally produce the serum that was injected into the body. Using this new source of the serum. The body likely converts it into the various biological components needed in order to create the changes Steve Rogers experienced. Everything from increasing bone and muscle mass to healing and reinforcing various organs and systems such as the nervous system and a person's metabolism. Allowing for Steve to accomplish feats that would normally be extremely difficult if not impossible for a normal human to do.

-Superhuman Strength: While often stated as being peak human, Captain America has often displayed various levels of superhuman strength over the years. He's been shown striking superhuman foes with enough force to hurt them such as Spider-Man in "Amazing Spider-Man Vol1 Issue 534", Namor in "Captain America Vol 2 Issue 423",

and even the Hulk in "Fallen Son, Death of Captain America Issue 4". It should be noted that during these fights. Many of his strikes were done without his shield aiding his striking force. Captain America has also display other feats of strength as

"Captain America: Living Legend issue 1" Cap was shown throwing his shield with enough force that it sliced a tank in half and lifting and carrying a telephone pole on his own in "Captain America Vol 2 Issue 616"

-Superhuman Speed: Captain America is shown to be able to move far faster than the normal human. Being stated to run a mile in around a minute in "Captain America 65th Anniversary Special". Depending on the values used for the variables. His movement speed would clock in at 45mph at worst and around 62 mph at best. He would then use this speed to run Bucky, who had been shot, to a doctor over five miles away. It has even been commented that he can run a 40yard dash in 3.82 seconds in "AVX: VS issue 2"

It is likely that he could potentially move faster than 62mph given the situation or in quick bursts through techniques such as quick steps, and burst rushes as he has been noted to move faster than the eye can track at times. He has kept pace and even overwhelms superhuman opponents in combat such as Spider-Man in "Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 issue 534" which he fought Spider-Man for ten seconds straight. Landing three punches on the webhead while Spider-Man couldn't land one on him, and in "Civil War issue 3" during a rematch with the webhead, he knocked Spider-Man away before being tackled by Iron Man. He has even been able to keep up with other superhumanly fast characters such as Thor, Namor, and more

-Enhanced Agility: Due to the serum, Captain America's agility is stated to be enhanced to peak human levels. Allowing him almost perfect balance when traveling across rooftops or sneaking into various locations. Due to this. Cap is capable of fighting in uneven terrain without losing his footing despite various objects that may be in his way. In one case, being able to quickly adjust to a zero gravity environment with enough skill that even Kang the Conqueror has noted to be impressive as others have taken years to potentially decades to adjust like Cap had in that situation.

-Superhuman Reflexes: Captain America over his almost 80 year run time, at the time of me writing this, has shown some impressive reflexes. A number of his best feats in terms of reflexes in my opinion comes from Captain America Vol 5 comic series, written by Ed Brubaker. In "Captain America Vol 5 Issue 4" he was shown being able to leap off his motorcycle after it's tire had been shot out and landed without injury despite the massive traffic accident that surrounded him. It should be noted that he wasn't even paying attention when this happened which would lead to him being defeated by Crossbones right after.

In "Captain America Vol 5 Issue 5" He dodge a point-blank laser fire that he couldn't see, while at the same time pushing Bucky out of the way as well. In "Captain America Vol 5 Issue 17" After engaging in a firefight where he took out a large number of A.I.M. soldiers as well as the enhanced [Modoc Soldiers]. Cap explains that the reason he is capable of dodging bullets is due to him being able to see faster than the bullets are capable of moving. In "Civil War Issue 1" Cap was shown fighting and beating a squad of S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers specially trained to take down superheroes. During this fight, Cap was capable of blocking and dodging gunfire while taking down multiple members of this task force. Upon his escape, Cap leaped out of a window, twisting his body to angle his shield in a way to block incoming bullets from all directions while landing unharmed to make his escape. A reflex speed feat that puts cap's own reflexes at faster than 1/100th of a second as he wasn't simply blocking one bullet, but multiple bullets from submachine gun fire from all angles while also falling. Meaning that he needed to also move his body in midair in order to block all of the incoming rounds.

-Superhuman Stamina: Due to the [Super Soldier Serum] in his system. Captain America's body is capable of processing and filtering the buildup of toxins that causes fatigue produced by his muscles. Due to this, Captain America is capable of operating at peak performance for hours on end without tiring, even when straining himself during more strenuous fights and actions. There only appears to be two real limits to his stamina. Those being his mental stamina or how long can his mind operate at these levels at any given time, and finally how much pain can he handle as either his muscles will give out due to the constant strain or if he is severely wounded.

-Enhanced Senses: Captain America's senses have been enhanced to peak-human potential. Due to this, Cap is capable of seeing better than normal, and due to his training, can use his hearing and sense of touch to detect enemies when fighting blind. Similarly his sense of smell is capable of allowing him to smell potential poisons that normally wouldn't be detected; however, it isn't on the level of someone like Wolverine or even that of a normal dog.

-Superhuman Durability [Impact Force]: Captain America, over the years, has displayed impressive amounts of durability. At least when it comes to handling brute force. Cap has withstood being smash through concrete and solid rock. He has withstood falling from large heights, Thrown from a cliff several times, and even tank hits from various high strength level characters in the past. His will power and endurance has allowed him to keep fighting even when suffering from broken bones. In several cases, even laying the smackdown on various characters despite having one or both of his arms broken. Much of his durability can also be attributed to his healing factor. As he has been shown to heal minor injuries within minutes, Some injuries involving broken bones can be healed within hours and other more serious and potentially life threatening injuries can be healed within a few days if treated right away as opposed to weeks, or months for a normal human.

Here are some of his best feats of durability. In "Captain America Vol 2 Issue 423" Cap was shown fighting Namor to a standstill. During this fight, Cap was smashed through solid stone, taking direct punches from Namor himself. It should be noted that he would have lost had the battle continued, despite his impressive showings.

In the comic "AVX: Vs issue 2" Captain America was shown fighting the X-Man known as Gambit. During this battle. Gambit was shown charging Cap's shirt to full power before knocking him away before Cap's shirt exploded. Cap was shown having survived the blast with little to no real injuries present. He also survived a similar explosion in "Captain America Vol 4 Issue 3" where some extremist he was fighting decided to take their own lives in order to kill Captain America using grenades. Cap was shown tanking the explosion at point-blank range.

But perhaps his greatest feat of durability comes from "Captain America Vol 7 Issue 1 through 11" In which Steve Rogers is shown entering the world known as

Dimension Z. During this arc, several things happen. Rogers was shown to have been captured, injected with a nano-virus that was trying to convert him into a cyborg for Zola to take over. Rogers would then escape after saving a baby and would raise the kid for the following eleven years. During this time, Rogers' body would continue fighting off the effects of the zola virus. His body is weakening as time goes on. Near the end of the arc, Zola would send out a small army in order to kill Captain America. Cap would do his best only to be bested and his kid taken from him. Seeing how weak his body became due to the virus. Steve would then disemboweled himself right after being thrown off a cliff before mounting an all out assault on Zola's fortress. He would get shot, beaten and nearly killed as he tried to rescue his kid as well as escaping Dimension Z.

-Advance Immune System: Due to the [Super Soldier Serum] boosting his metabolism and immune system. Cap is shown to be immune to most earth based diseases and highly resistant to those he isn't immune to. Similarly, while not immune, Cap's body is capable of better fighting off the effects of various drugs and poisons so long as they aren't considered extremely lethal or given in extremely large and lethal doses. His immune system is also shown to be powerful enough to rid his body of alcohol faster than it can take effect.

-Longevity: Due to the [Super Soldier Serum] running in his system, enhancing his body's processes. Steve Rogers' body is shown to not age as quickly as a normal human's body. During his time in Dimension Z. Steve was shown spending a little over eleven years trapped in that dimension. Upon his rescue and return, It was found that his body hasn't aged all that much if at all. It is unknown just how long he can live for as the serum is capable of replacing any dead cells with new ones, slowing if not halting his aging process.

-Cold Resistance: Due to his metabolism. Captain America is capable of withstand freezing arctic temperatures.

-Superhuman Healing Factor: Something that is often looked over. Steve Rogers is shown to have a pretty strong healing factor. Being able to survive being frozen in ice for several decades with little to no ill effects. Any damage his body would have likely suffered from from the event being healed quickly afterwards. His immune system makes it nearly impossible for him to get drunk. He is immune or highly resistant to most natural illnesses. And he has been shown to heal broken bones and most other serious injuries within days.

In perhaps his greatest feat of healing being during the Dimension Z arc written by Rick Remender. During this arc. Steve Rogers was stranded in a location known as Dimension Z. During this time period. Steve was infected with a nano virus that was trying to convert him into a cyborg for Zola to take control. During his time in Dimension Z. Steve Rogers's body had fought against the nano virus for 11 years while healing him from injuries gain from protecting the child now called Ian from various mutant monsters. Survived fighting an army of mutant creatures sent by Zola. Proceeded to disemboweled himself before proceeding to mount an assault on Zola's fortress in order to rescue Ian and nearly succeeded in doing so before being rescued by S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers who were able to remove the rest of the nano virus that wasn't removed when Steve disemboweled himself hours earlier. He was back in action a few days later.

While Steve Rogers' healing factor isn't as strong as someone such as Hulk or even Spider-Man. Given what he was able to survive. His healing factor is by no means weak.

-Superhuman Mental Processing: Due to the [Super Soldier Serum]. Steve Rogers' mental abilities were enhanced to the highest point possible for a human. He has a photographic memory, allowing him to memorize anything and everything he sees. He is shown being capable of wielding and nearly mastering any weapon he comes into contact with on the first try. His mental abilities even allows him to adjust to nearly any situation on the fly such as being in zero gravity or recall nearly any military tactic and apply them mentally to a situation in order to best lead his team in combat. His abilities were so good that he was able to lead whole armies against some of the greatest threats to the earth such as outsmarting the Supreme Intelligence in a mission to rescue Namor, and leading an army against a group known as the Builders after said army was defeated by said group. It has even been said that should he apply himself, Steve Rogers could master nearly any educational subject he picks up. Perhaps his greatest feat of mental abilities is when he wore the Xandarian Worldmind helmet, worn by the members of the Nova Corps without going crazy as he engaged Richard Rider who had been brainwashed, in combat.

-Photographic Memory: Cap due to his mind being enhanced is capable of remembering anything and everything he sees. He even has perfect recall memory, allowing him to bring up anything he may have seen prior and applying it to current situations.

 

Powers

Power Bestowal (Blood Transfusion): Due to the changes that the [Super Soldier Serum] had on him. Steve's body now continuously produces the serum within himself. Making it so that any future children he has, will likely also have the serum running through their veins.

Similarly, due to his body constantly making new samples of the serum. Steve is capable of giving others the same power set as himself by injecting his blood into them via blood transfusions. While this isn't shown in the main Earth 616 universe. It was shown with Isaiah Bradley, who had a weaker version of the soldier serum, when he gave a blood transfusion to his grandson Eli Bradley, when Eli was injured during a mission as Patriot. Due to the blood transfusion. Eli gained all the superhuman abilities and powers that come with the serum.

-Chi Manipulation: Steven Rogers is shown having knowledge in chi manipulation as he was shown teaching Spider-Man how to feel and sense the chi both within and outside his body. The full extent of his ability to manipulate chi is currently unknown. However, given that he and Shang Chi have been known to train and teach one another as well as some of Cap's more extreme showings of superhuman feats. He is likely skilled in chi based body enhancement techniques at the very least.

 

Skills

-Master Strategist and Tactician: Due to the effects of the [Super Soldier Serum] and his training. Captain America is capable of forming various plans to deal with various threats. Having studied various war tactics and how to apply them to various situations. Due to his own intelligence and charisma, Rogers has been able to lead various teams against some of the greatest threats to earth. He has mounted a rescue mission to save Namor from the kree and the [Supreme Intelligence] and succeeded in "All New Invaders Issue 3 and 4" He has lead the remnants of a space army against the [Builders] in "Infinity Issue 3" and has even lead the marvel heroes during the Beyonder's secret wars.

-Master Martial Artist: Captain America has been trained in a number of fighting styles. Learning various styles such as boxing, kickboxing, jujitsu, and more. Even training in gymnastics and merging it along with the other styles he knows into a new form that allows him to fight at his full potential. He is knowledgeable of pressure points, using this to deal greater damage to stronger foes. It was even stated by Black Panther that Captain America, that Steve Rogers is capable of adapting to nearly any fighting style used against him. Cap's skills are so good, that he is even capable of fighting in total darkness and even adapting quickly and well enough to fight Kang in zero gravity. A feat that the time traveler has stated to be impressive as it took others years to even reach the point Cap has in mere moments.

-Master Shieldsman: Due to his weapon being the shield. Captain America is shown a high level of skill using it. When operating at his peak, he can turn his shield and the limited space it covers into an almost perfect barrier, blocking bullets and other attacks, with how fast he can move it. He can throw the shield with pinpoint accuracy. Similarly due to the unique properties of his shield, Cap can even ricochet it off various objects and people and back to his hand, simply by calculating where he is throwing it, what it hits, how people will move and much more. When engaging in close combat, Cap has been shown using the shield to enhance his striking force. Taking down foes such as the Hulk, Wolverine, and more.

-Weapon Master: While Steve Rogers hasn't used many weapons other than his shield all that often. He has been shown to have a good degree of skill with weapons such as swords, staffs, and other objects. It has been stated by Beast that Steve would only need to pick up a weapon, or any weapon he wasn't familiar with and due to the way his mind works, he would master that weapon in a matter of seconds.

-Master Marksman: Captain America is quite the marksman. Being able to calculate his aim to such a degree when throwing his shield that it is capable of hitting nearly anything he aims at and have it return to him afterwards. Similarly he is quite proficient with firearms, having used them during WW2 and even in the modern day. Similarly due to his mental abilities, Steve can pretty much adjust his aim when using any other projectile weapons he has on hand if he does miss.

-Master Acrobat: Due to his training and the [Super Soldier Serum] enhancing his body's natural flexibility and agility. Cap is a master at gymnastics and other acrobatic movements. He often uses this when in combat. Using parkour to transverse rooftops or leaping around in order to avoid being hit or using his momentum to enhance his striking force.

-Parkour Master: Again, due to his training and flexibility. Captain America is capable of moving around with great ease using parkour. He can perform various movement techniques such as flips, vaulting, wall running, and even mastering the art of landing as he can leap out of large buildings while impacting the ground without losing any momentum or hurting himself. He has been shown to keep up with the likes of Spider-Man, Daredevil, Black Panther, and others.

-Hacker: Steve Rogers has been shown being able to hack into various computer databases without tripping any alarms nor firewalls. The full extent of his skills is unknown at the time. So it is questionable if he could hack into tech like Stark's technology or Black Panther's own equipment.

-Professional Artist: Steve Rogers is shown having great skill in drawing even as a child. Often using this skill to aid police as a sketch artist and even making a decent living drawing and publishing Captain America comics based on his own life.

-Expert Vehicle Driver: Cap is capable of driving most street legal vehicles such as cars and motorcycles. After being defrosted in the modern era, Steve has received training, likely from S.H.I.E.L.D. and Iron Man on various other modern day vehicles such as jets, helicopters, the Quinjet, and more.

-Stealth Master: While not often shown, Captain America can be incredibly stealthy when needed. Having snuck in various enemy hideouts as well as escaping from them unseen. It has even been stated that Bucky's stealth and espionage training was created and overseen by Captain America in WW2. training that had allowed him to ace the Russian's stealth training program when he became the Winter Soldier despite not having his memories at the time as Bucky's body still remembers the training.

-Master Military Operator: Due to his training in WW2 and his later experience leading various teams in the modern day. Steve Rogers is a master of all military tactical disciplines such as demolition, stealth, tactics, escape arts, survival training, and more.

-Espionage Expert: While not on the level of someone like Black Widow or Nick Fury. Captain America's training did include some levels of espionage training during WW2 and later from S.H.I.E.L.D. He has displayed a high level of skills in infiltration, disguises, hacking, and sabotage.

-Multilingual: Steve Rogers is fluent in multiple languages such as English, Spanish, Germen, Japanese, Russian and shows an unknown degree of skill in others. However, much like with his weapons proficiency and other skills. It likely wouldn't take Steve all that long to learn and master a new language if the need arises to do so.

-Indomitable Will: Captain America is shown to be perhaps one of, if not, the greatest example of Willpower. His will and spirit being built on his beliefs and the teachings he was taught as a child. He has been shown to wear the Nova Corps' helmet containing the Xanderian Worldmind without going mad. He has resisted the effects of the Madbomb and even the power of the Purple Man. He has even will himself out of a cosmic cube in "Captain America Vol 2 Issue 448". Something that the Red Skull thought was impossible. He has even forcefully removed the Red Skull from his mind after being brought back to life in "Captain America Reborn Issue 6". During his time in Dimension Z. Steve Rogers was able to resist the mind altering effects of the Zola virus for eleven years straight and continue fighting in order to protect Ian Rogers despite having his body nearly broken and disemboweled before leaving that place.

-Charisma: Steve Rogers is a man of great honor. As Captain America, he is more than simply a mortal man, he is a symbol of hope, a representation of the dream for Truth, Justice, and Freedom. Through his tactical planning and core beliefs when considering what is right. Due to this, his very presence is shown to often be enough to inspire people to move. Those he works with such as the Avengers and other groups, are willing to follow his lead and take orders from Rogers. Trusting and believing that he is doing not what is best but rather what is Right. Even Thor, the God of Thunder, has stated that he would follow Captain America to Hel and back should he ask him to.

-Worthiness: Steve Rogers, due to his values and beliefs, has been shown being one of the few people who is considered worthy by the magic placed on Thor's hammer, Mjolnir. Do this, Captain America is capable of lifting and wielding Mjolnir and through this, wielding the power of Thor.

 

Weapons

-Captain America's Shield: Holding perhaps one of the m ost famous defensive weapons in fiction. Captain America's shield is a large circular concave shield. With a covering area of 2.5 feet in diameter. The shield is capable of protecting a large area of Steve's body.

However, what makes this shield so special is its properties. Being made of a unique metal called proto-adamantium. A currently unknown mixture of vibranium, the magical metal uru and various other metals and chemicals. This metal has been shown to have incredible durability. Being able to withstand blows from the likes of the Hulk, Gladiator, Iron Man, Master Man, and even withstanding an attack from Thor one time when the Thunder God was infused with the Odin-Force. This blow; however, did damage the shield slightly. The shield has tanked lasers, bullets, missiles, acid, and various other forces.

So far, it has been shown that the only ones capable of destroying, if not damage the shield are characters wielding vast cosmic powers such as Thor with the Odin-Force, or Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Due to the shield's natural hardness. Captain America is capable of using it effectively as an offensive weapon as well as defensive. It can be thrown and bounce off walls and other objects without losing momentum due to its hardness. Similarly due to how the edge is tempered. Cap is capable of using it to engage in close combat. Using it to augment his striking force as well as throwing it with enough force to slice tanks in half. Similarly, it is one of the few metal objects that can't be controlled by Magneto.

-Captain America's Shield [Version 1]: During Steve's early months as Captain America in WW2. Steve wielded a triangular-shaped shield composed of a steel alloy. This shield was tough enough to withstand volleys of gunfire without piercing, however, it is stated to be nowhere near as durable as his current shield.

It is unknown how good Cap was when using this shield as a throwing weapon if he even used it for that purpose. However, he is shown having great skill using it as a close combat weapon.

-Energy Shield: Captain America has been known to carry around a device capable of producing an energy based shield whenever his original shield wasn't available. While powerful, It's full durability range is unknown. However, the shield itself is shown to be hard enough to be used as a brute force weapon as well as providing Steve some protection against various forms of harm.

-Grenades: While not really shown that often. Steve Rogers has been known to carry various grenades on his person during a mission or in combat. Often being non-lethal in nature such as smoke, gas, and even concussion grenades. However, he has been shown to carry more lethal ones when the situation demanded it, such as his time in WW2. These being acid and shrapnel grenades. Which ones he carries on him; however, often depends on the mission and task at hand.

-Firearms: Steve Rogers is no stranger to firearms. Having used them during his time as a soldier during WW2. Some firearms he is likely to have used being the Colt M1911 handgun, and the M50 Reising to name a few. He has even been shown using flamethrowers in some flashbacks.

-S.H.I.E.L.D. Based Weaponry: Ever since forming a connection with S.H.I.E.L.D. Steve Rogers would sometimes be given various S.H.I.E.L.D. based weaponry to use for missions. Some things including guns, grenades, copies of his shield made from different metals, etc. The type of weapons given to Cap would often depend on the mission specifics itself as well as Cap's own input on what he feels is necessary to complete the task at hand.

 

Gear

-Captain America's Suit: The suit that Steve Rogers wears has been noted to be specially made. Being made of a highly durable metal, likely titanium, mixed with kevlar and several other materials. This mix allows the suit to be lightweight and loose enough to allow Rogers full range of movement without hindering him during a mission or in combat.

The suit is said to be fire and water resistant, allowing Steve to operate without being affected by high heats nor being weighed by water should he fight in a wet environment. The suit is claimed to be bulletproof, Being able to resist small arms fire and even some stronger caliber bullets found in current automatic weaponry. It should be noted that this durability appears to be limited as in one case, the suit was shown to give out when repeatedly shot in the same area with an entire magazine clip at point-blank range. This resulted in his temporary death. However, this could also be a result of the damage the suit received prior to this as he was involved in a brutal fight against another hero, Iron Man at the time. Aside from this. However, given what it was meant to do and how it was made. It was stated by Tony Stark, Iron-Man, that Cap's suit is good armor and that he was very impressed given the time period that it was designed and made in.

-Captain America Battle Suit: A special suit designed by Tony Stark for Steve Rogers during a period of time in which Steve's body was beginning to deteriorate due to the [Super Soldier Serum] which left him cripple for a while until his condition was cured. While the suit itself only saw limited use. It was useful enough for Steve to keep it in case he needed add firepower or if he for some reason suffer a situation in which he didn't have access to the powers the serum gave him such as in the AXIS event when he was depowered and needed to protect the Red Skull from the forces of the Avengers who were turned evil due to the inversion wave.

The suit was designed to allow Cap to move and operate as he would with the full power of the serum, using a chip implanted in Cap's spine as the control module. Due to its make up, the suit enhances Cap's durability, protecting him from stray gunfire and debris during combat. The suit granted Cap the ability to fly through the use of jet boosters located within the boots of the suit. Similarly, the suit itself contained various weaponry, in order to allow Cap to better fend off against various situations. The suit itself is shown to contain a HUB with various scanners in the mask, The arms contained a special magnetic device allowing for the retrieval of Cap's shield should he lose it, containers in the forearms that can fire a substance known as mylex shrouds which can be used to incapacity targets. Sonic disruption devices capable of messing with a person's inner ear and sense of balance and anti-missile rockets.

-Utility Belt: Cap is shown to carry a utility belt containing various items in it. Some of the items shown to be held within it are various medicines in case of injuries or poisonings, various grenades, stealth equipment such as ziplines, and lock picks, and other equipment that may be needed for a mission.

-S.H.I.E.L.D Tech Equipment: Due to his connections with the government and S.H.I.E.L.D. Cap has access to S.H.I.E.L.D. equipment and weaponry that he can request should he or those hiring him feel it necessary for him to have in order to complete the task assigned to him. Some equipment shown being guns, hacking devices, and even new and potentially more advanced versions of the energy shield device he uses sometimes. He could even request an adamantium copy of his shield should he not have his original one on him.

 

Weaknesses

-All Human Weaknesses: It should be noted that even though Steve Rogers's body was enhanced greatly by the effects of the [Super Soldier Serum]. He can still be killed by normal human means. Things such as blood lost due to a stab wound, gun shots to vital areas. Even death by brute force. Essentially all the things that can kill a normal human being but to a lesser extent due to the effects of the serum. However, Cap's willpower has been shown to be strong enough to survive a number of fatal injuries depending on the severity of it.

-Super Soldier Serum: As it turns out. While the serum itself is capable of giving Steve many of his abilities. It can also be a potentially crippling weakness. Several opponents that Steve faced off against were shown being able to severely weaken Captain America either due to their limited knowledge of the formula used on him or by simply having an ability capable of targeting the chemicals in Steve's body. Often these attacks have shown to affect Steve in various ways from reverting him back to his frail self like in his battle with the Machinesmith, to even drastically aging him into an old man such as with the Iron Nail.

Feats

Steve Rogers, Captain America, despite Marvel Comics' claim of him being a normal human, has displayed a number of impressive feats over his years.

-Steve Rogers was shown having survived several decades being frozen in ice and was shown to have suffered from no ill effects upon being defrosted in "Avengers Vol 1 Issue 4"

-Captain America was shown fighting Spider-Man and overwhelming him in the ten seconds their fight lasted in "Amazing Spider-Man vol 1 issue 534"

-Withstood a point-blank explosion when his shirt was super charged by Gambit in "AVX: Vs issue 2" An annoyed Captain America then proceeded to knock Gambit out.

-Fought Namor to a standstill in "Captain America Vol2 Issue 423". It should be noted that Cap would have likely lost had they continued fighting, but the main source of their conflict had been dealt with by that point.

-In "Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America issue 4" Cap was shown saving Spider-Man during his confrontation with the Hulk, before processing to overwhelm the Hulk using his own hand to hand combat skills. Hitting the green giant with enough force to draw blood from him.

-During the Dimension Z arc, spanning across "Captain America Vol 7 issues 1-11" Cap was thrown through the ringer. Having been knocked out and captured. Had a large needle shoved in his chest while being pumped full of drugs and being infected by the Zola virus. He would then escape after saving a baby that he would raise for eleven years after. Protecting the child from the harsh landscape as well as fighting off the effects of the Zola virus. Get attacked by Zola's forces. Disemboweled himself, fought some more before escaping Dimension Z.

Entry End


So That was the first entry for the Know Your Character series. I have to admit that originally upon doing this. I never really expected Cap to be this strong. I knew quite a bit about him, sure. But to actually do a deep dive into him as I've done here. I honestly think that Marvel isn't really using him to his full potential. While he is a great character to explore the morality of man. I think Marvel should really expand the types of stories that involves Captain America. I mean he has taken on Hulk, and Namor. So he could honestly use some stronger foes for his rogues gallery. I'm not saying to make him a planet buster. Hell no. But having him take on stronger foes would certainly help. Especially given some of the other super soldier characters that Marvel has with superhuman strength like Master Man.

So yeah, personal thoughts on the character aside. So some of you may have noticed this entry being posted and removed several times over the last few months. I'll be honest with you all. The last few months, I honestly wasn't really sure of what to do with this project that I'm working on. I had a basic idea for the Ultimate Showdown Series that I'm doing. But due to technical issues that I've found in trying to set everything up made it difficult for me to really do what I wanted. At least until I get better equipment and programs which can allow me to do what I really want.

This combined with other half thought out projects that I wanted to do really, but had no real plan laid out for, wasn't helping matters. So after posting... I think it was the entry to Invincible for the third time. I decided to really stop and think about what I am doing and where I wanted it to go. After looking it all over. I came the decision to take things kinda slow. I'll be working on all the varying projects that I wanted to do. Just holding off on certain ones until either I iron out the progression for them or until I get things properly set up in order to do the other stuff that I want.

With that said. concerning this project here, The Ultimate Showdown Series. For the Know Your Character entry I'll be dividing up the entries in to volumes of 10 chapters with this one being the first. I plan on have a new volume of entries release every two to three months, with the rest of the entries for this volume coming out in the next two to three days. As for the main fight series. I have two that I'll be working on at the moment which the setup chapters will be posted in the few days, give or take.

My focus for the next few weeks to months will mainly be on these two fights once I post them. While I'll be working on some of the other projects that I had in mind on my down time. My main focus will be to this series. If I do end up making a finished product on any of my other ideas. I'll be sure to post them here and on my donation page for those interested. But I won't be giving any status updates on them, as even I'm not sure of an ETA for any of them.

With that said.

If you like what you see, then consider giving this a favorite, like, follow and all of that. And if you wish to support me and help aid me in future projects, then consider donating to my pa TRE on page at

www(dot pa TRE on )dot [c] om {Slash} antonioro

Special Thanks to Daniel for his support.

So until next time my friends.

Good luck and happy hunting.

This has been Antonio Ro

Signing off.

Series this work belongs to: