Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Panthera Noire
Collections:
Fanfiction 𝑰 Deem Worthy Of The Name, The Forest
Stats:
Published:
2020-03-27
Updated:
2024-03-03
Words:
533,809
Chapters:
73/?
Comments:
2,847
Kudos:
2,418
Bookmarks:
312
Hits:
132,350

The Adventures of Panthera Noire

Chapter 65: Reverser

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

 

Nathaniel loved, over all things, art. He loved character designing, he loved visual story telling, he loved it when colors could have symbolism, fight scenes, drama scenes, paintings others has made, kissing- actually no he hadn't figured out how to draw kissing yet, that was really hard ok, like, like the over laying of the faces and- that's not the point. 

 

Nathaniel loved art. Exploring it, indulging in it, improving with it. Nathaniel had always known he had a sharp and hurtful tone when he lost his temper. And his temper was often lost, it was hard to control, and it was frustrating when it happened.

 

He never really wanted to get angry over things, it was exhausting and painful, but sometimes it just slipped cause he just wasn't being understood, or some asshole was being a dick and judging his stuff and his art and him and- jeez. There he goes.

 

The full point is, he really loved art. And he loved what he could translate through it that untrustworthy words couldn't. It spoke an easier language he could better understand and communicate through. Specifically, as it may be obvious to you, his emotions and thoughts.

 

Its why when he was coping with the whole Evillustrator thing, hitting an artist block so hard it could be a brick wall, he pushed himself through by constantly, obsessively, drawing the character he had been turned into once more. 

 

Mightillustrator was once the perfect hero he wished he could be, but now, Evillustrator could be the person he could become. Rising up from the whole experience, and turning it back into a creative outlet he enjoyed. As he wrote on about the stories that could happen! At least, in his head. Where a jumbled mass of ideas made sense.

 

"...He changed his name after Ladybug de-akumatized him and became a superhero." Nathaniel had gone on to explain to the art teacher, pointing quite enthusiastically at his notebook. "And that's why Mightillustrator, er, slash Evillustrator is a hero in this... 'story'." 

 

"Bad guy who comes over to the good side, great idea." The art teacher mused with a happy look in his eyes. He glanced down at Nathaniel with an encouraging look. "You know, you should make a comic book about this concept, Nathaniel. I remember you said you wanted to do that. And you could make a full storyline with all these single drawings you do."

 

Nathaniel bit his lip a little, as he stewed over it, before defeatedly shaking his head.

 

"Yeah, but I'm only good at drawing stories, not writing them." He sighed. See, Nath didn't really have a good grasp on actual story stuff yet. Sure, he liked watching well written movies, and sure, he made a few comics in like, Elementary school. But literature was his second worst class and yeah, that elementary school comic?

 

Fuckin sucked man. So he was in a bit of a pickle. Luckily he was surrounded by other artists, at least here, people who he loved- though he wouldn't quite say that aloud- and who knew his anger well. In a place that he called his personal sanctuary. 

 

Room 33, the art club- Nathaniel had always found it as a sort of fun, non dramatic, escape from the day. He never was into clubs before, last year he didn't even go to any of those, club, fair, things, but this year, it felt nice to have a place to go on his own terms that wasn't just home. Another option. And a place his friends found a reason to go to as well.

 

"Then you should team up with a creative writer." The teacher suggested kindly, moving on to someone else. But Nathaniel just grumbled.

 

"Maybe... But, I don't know anyone who's into that." He responded to just himself, hanging his head between his shoulders. That was just the truth of the matter. "I don't think anyone wants to read a dumb comic about my dumb self insert oc..."

 

"Aww don't worry buddy." Nathaniel glanced up, smiling a little as he saw Alix bustle her gas mask over her head. His best friend. Her lips drawing into a lazy smirk. "There's gotta be somebody out there just waiting to meet you. Lots of people have praised your art on the school website. Oh yeah- Red please!"

 

He looked down and from the bag of colors, Nathaniel quickly tossed it to her, much to her delight as she caught it perfectly. He raised an eye at the mural behind her, it and it's streams of solely teals and yellows. He stared suspiciously at her as she pulled her mask back over her face, and began shaking the can in too much of an enthusiastic matter.

 

"Uh, Alix?" Marinette looked up with concern, immediately alerting the teacher. "What are you doing?" 

 

"Yeah.." Nathaniel squinted, "I don't think red will suit your current thing very well..."

 

"Oh it won't." She agreed. Nathaniel's eyes widened as Alix pulled from her pocket what looked like a fancy shmancy, almost antique looking little square lighter. And in her eyes was an unsafe amount of chaos filled excitement as she flicked it open, and her eyes lit up with the flame's glow. "Just seein' if this works! For science."

 

"Woah woAH WOah woah no no nononnoo no no, no arson, no no no- not for you- not in this safe work environment please-" Mr Monet began with a panicked squawk, waving his hands everywhere as he ran over to grab the can from Alix. Much to her dismay.

 

"Hey!" She complained, making the grabby hands for it back. "Aw come on I knew what I was doing!"

 

"Alix... do you want me to take your lighter too? You shouldn't have that on school grounds already, young lady." Mr Monet admonished lightly. Alix grunted, flicking it closed with a grumpy look in her eye, and stashing it back into her pocket.

 

Nathaniel let out a little chuckle of amusement. Paint wouldn't ignite anyways, hairspray works better. He thought before looking up in momentary shock as Marinette's eyes flicked out the door and her face lit up with utter excitement, shouting out-

 

"Marc! Marc you made it! Oh welcome welcome welcome in oh my god you're finally here come meet everyone!" Nathaniel's head swiveled around with confusion as Marinette jumped from her chair and bolted to the door, and to his widening eyes, his world would forever change...

 

...

 

..and just a few minutes later-

 

"Hey guys," Juleka ducked her head into the art club, eyes squinting. "I just saw Marinette run after Marc from the art club. What happened?"

 

Not that wasn't the strangest of sights the girl had seen in her life. But it was a questionable one on this slightly breezy day. And Juleka, who had forgotten to take her meds that morning so she went home really quick, had only then headed to the art club before watching the blur of red and blue go past her, would've liked some understandable answers.

 

"Oh Jules!" Rose excited beamed, sitting up from looking at what seemed to be an awkwardly flushed Nathaniel, who she excitedly pointed at. "Ok so so- wait- wait you know who Marc is?"

 

"Uh. Yeah. I uh, I do." Juleka nodded shortly at her, scratching the back of her neck tensely at the club's attention to her. "Marc used to be in the drama club but left before the whole, club, Collab thing... And when Adam wanted those last minute rewrites from Lila, she asked for some help from him. And I got to meet them. They sit beneath the stairs sometimes...? Plus Marinette mentions him..."

 

"Oh. Adam. Right." Rose gritted her teeth a little, her cheeks puffing up into a more aggressive looking pout. Juleka really didn't understand why Rose was still mad about that... it was um, cute, though...

 

"Oh huh. Look at that, Nathaniel. Our Juleka knows Marc. How fun, huh?" Alix jabbed him a bit with a wide Cheshire smile that seemed all too mysteriously mischievous than normal. Wait, huh? What happened?

 

"Did I... miss something?" Juleka looked up unsurely to Mr Monet, fidgeting her thumb over her case strap a little. He let out an awkward chuckle, scratching his chin a little. 

 

"I think your friends would rather tell you," He said, before perking up as someone else in the art room called him over. He waltzed off and Juleka turned back to her friends, with a slightly tilted head, as they seemed to vibrate with either, excitement, chaos, or dread.

 

"Why did you tell him I draw 'girls in skinny suits'..?!" Nathaniel groaned, eye twitching beneath his fiery bangs. Alix snorted through her teeth.

 

"Dude you laughed-" She retorted, poking his cheek much to his grumpy attitude. "-I don't think that's what ran Marc right out the door."

 

"Marinette finally tried to bring Marc into the club! We gotta tell you about it, Jules!" Rose perked up, inviting her girlfriend to sit down, patting her leg a little. Juleka blinked a little widely, but not wanting to wait too long and make a scene.

 

So Juleka lightly rested her case on the table and tried to sit as lightly as possible on Rose's lap, feeling her wrap her arms around her waist. Ah, this is comfy actually. She sorta understood Rose now. Huh. This was nice. Sick.

 

"Guys there's really not that much to, to say, about it, it literally lasted for two minutes." Nathaniel grunted, a hand finding a great place on his face to palm. Wait, was that correct grammar? Ah fuck it this is internal monologue who cares. "It's whatever."

 

"Mm?" Juleka looked unsurely at Rose.

 

"It didn't go well." Rose whispered into her ear. Juleka made an 'ooooo' sound, nodding to herself with intrigue.

 

"Oh it didn't go well..." Juleka thought out loud, squinting with thought. "Woahhhhh... Sounds like it didn't go well, Nathaniel."

 

"Of course, I mean, I dunno, it's probably, Marc was just, worried and stuff!" Nathaniel blabbered, her voice wavering with unsureness. His lips quivering as he squinted hard with thought. "Or maybe it meant something that they left when we offered them to by my script writer..."

 

"And you flirted with him." Alix began.

 

"DID NOT!" Nathaniel squawked, hair standing on end. "ITS- nOT- LIKE THAT! I WAS JUST THANKING THEEmmm..."

 

He groaned, shoulders falling with exhaustion.

 

"Besides.... it was... really cool and nice to get all those compliments from them... it felt like he really got me... but what the hell does that mean? What if they're just some other person rearing to make fun of me again?" Nathaniel sighed looking away. He blinked, turning bright red as Juleka, Alix, and Rose slowly rose up behind him, eyes glinting with mischief.

 

He looked between them, his eyes widening further.

 

"No. Don't say anything." Nathaniel said, seeing the terribleness in their eyes with gritted teeth. The art club was silent, staring at him. They then inched a little closer. And a little closer. Until they were looming over him with glimmering eyes.

 

Juleka, feeling a little unsure now but not wanting to back away- glanced to Rose, Rose, who only smiled at her then glanced to Alix, and Alix, the bringer of all hell, grinned over Nathaniel- passed the torch of honors as she whispered-

 

"Gay gay homosexual gay-"

 

"Oh fuck off!" Nathaniel growled, stewing bright red as his head scrunched up beneath his shoulders. "No more about crush stuff, fuck man! That, that never, ends well for me- do you remember Evillustrator!?"

 

"Uh yeah. We do, dude." Alix snorted a little, raising an eyebrow. She pointed downwards at his drawings. "Bro you're doodling a comic about him right now."

 

Nathaniel glowered, holding his book tighter to his chest with a look of shame, cheeks a flushed and frustrated red. Alix's expression fell, souring as she looked away guiltily about going a step too far. She sighed, and sat down on the table with a creak.

 

Juleka and Rose decided then with just a glance in their eyes that whatever the two said to make up it wasn't quite their business. Turning away to go back to what they were doing, although a bit reluctantly.

 

She slumped a bit, sitting her old bass in her lap, the wear and tear of it's chipped paint something she ran a hand over, as Rose pulled a chair next to her to smile encouragingly for her to play whatever came to mind.

 

So Juleka did, idly to herself and her love after plugging it in, her mind drifting as the notes flowed through her ears and she could see distantly when Alix and Nathaniel, better smiling now on easier and happier terms, waved goodbye to each other as Alix announced her leave, and promising each other to see each other some time later that day as she played. 

 

"Oh yeah, Alix is doing roller derby huh." Juleka said, watching out from the corner of her eye as Alix bumped into Marinette. Marinette smiled to Alix, waving her goodbye, before slinking into the room with a strange look in her eyes and an unfamiliar book in her arms. She rose an eyebrow at that but turned fully to Rose. "Would you ever want to do that?"

 

"Roller derby?" Rose asked. She paused for a moment, tapping a finger to her lip, before shrugging with a curve to her lips. "I don't know about derby but..."

 

"Like as a date? Going to some rink maybe..?" Juleka offered gently, Rose smiled, a giggle blessing her ears as she leaned closer.

 

"Can you roller-skate? Is that one of your multitude of other talents, violet?" Rose sang a little, booping Juleka on the nose lightly. Juleka giggled, a blush coming to her lips as she held her bass a bit closer so she could pull her knees in.

 

"Maybe." She murmured, a chuckle to her lips. Juleka hummed, tilting her head. "But would you? Er, like to skate that is."

 

"That sounds loads of fun!" Rose grinned, she perked up with sparkles in her eyes as she adjusted her headphones. "OoH! That could make a good song! Maybe! I don't know! I! I'm sorry I'm sort of half listening right now, and also, the, the music-"

 

"Yeah I got you." Juleka snorted.

 

"I, there was a tune, I just-" Rose crouched over the little notepad in her hands, scribbling into it passionately. Juleka smiled at that wild little grin, leaning on her elbow as she watched her basically burn a whole into the paper. Art was so gay- I mean good. Art was, good. Hah.

 

But then. The opposite of a rainbow slammed open the door. 

 

"Where..." A figure split of form snarled. Their skin covered and bent in a paper, origami like structure. Juleka stood up immediately with fear as the akuma pushed themself further into the room, standing on a large origami plane, and with the most distorted of voices. "...are Nathaniel and Marinette?!"

 

"Shit." Juleka stood up immediately.

 

"Jules." Rose began shakily, but to her surprise she watched as Rose immediately threw her arm out in front of both of them protectively. The akuma pushed himself further in when Mr Monet stepped in front as well with nervous hands.

 

"That's a very creative costume you have there. It's very, ahaha, d-detailed." Mr Monet sputtered out. Juleka stared at the akuma fearfully as their eye twitched. They wouldn't hurt them right? They'd done nothing. "Would you like to join our workshop?"

 

"Workshop this... art club that..." The akuma snarled. The akuma's lip curled into an enraged look, opening a hand that began to glow and black and white that began to fold into a shape- a small airplane. Fuck! Fuck!! "Let's see what happens when your passions became your HATRED!"

 

"JULES!" Juleka feel her legs freeze up as the akuma launched the fleet at them and suddenly she felt the air in her legs slam out of her as Rose tackled her to the ground. She felt her bass crack into herself, making her wheeze for breath as the pain flared through her body.

 

"Ghgh... Rose?" Juleka groaned with pain, her eyes fluttering open as Rose shifted painfully off of her. She seemed ok. But she knew, she had to have been hit. But what happened? What did that cause? Juleka watched as Rose looked over her slowly.

 

"Jules," Her beloved girlfriend began, but then that's when it happened. Rose's eyes hit her bass. And suddenly, they were filled, with, sudden, rage. "..I HATE FUCKING MUSIC SO FUCKING MUUUUCHHH MOTHER FUCKERRHGHH!"

 

"Wa-wait ROSE MY BASS NO HEY FUCK!" Juleka reached out and watched her Rose, very impressively she might consciously add later but not in her manic moment of terror, snatch her bass up from her hands and with a turn, obliterate it against the ground in an ear deafening smash. Shattering it's frame into pieces, and then lifting up again, another shrieking sound of snapping string-

 

Juleka would never, in any world, never in any dimension hate Rose Lavillant. But she coULD BE SCARED AND VERY MUCH FEELING LOTS OF FEELINGS ABOUT THIS OH GOD ROSE NO THAT'S SO EXPENSIVE- ROSE-

 

"RoSE NO! THATS MY ONLY BASS FUCK-" Juleka panicked, her voice cracking she could sound like a teenage boy in puberty. Which, I mean, she wasn't but, she was still a little embarrassed by the sound. She felt her heart shoot to her throat as Rose spun at her, looking feral as hell with her music notes between her teeth, but then the anger seemed to drop from her eyes.

 

"I, whauh.." Rose looked at her hands contemplatively, the mania sort of draining from her eyes despite the ever present anger she felt seeing the instrument in her grip. Juleka scrambled back, a new determination in herself to get away so she could transform- Rose turned, "J-Jules wait I'm so sorry!-"

 

"Hah?" Rose stared as Juleka was opening up the art window. Juleka waved awkwardly as she stuck her torso out. "Its finE DON'T FOLLOW ME I FORGOT TO TAKE MY- MY UH- ANXIETY MEDS, YES OKAY HAHA NO WORRIES WHATSOEVER BYE-!"

 

"JULES-!"

 

"YOU- WHAT THE-!" The akuma began but Juleka, after taking a picture for the Ladyblog, oh so gracefully flung herself out the window and after falling into a bush- she ran for the hills.

 

...

 

When she'd gotten a call on Ladybug's position, she didn't expect it to be the middle of the Seine. Or well, IN, the Seine. Uh. that was. Juleka looked down from her baton to see where her gps was telling her Ladybug was supposed to be.

 

"Partner?" Panthera spoke out awkwardly, watching as a group of bubbles from the Seine spat out an absolutely drenched from head to toe Ladybug, her eyes wide and flared with anger and annoyance as she held her yoyo respirator in her mouth. 

 

"Panghther-" Ladybug began, trying to pull herself out before squeaking as her hand slipped beneath her against the wet cement, to which Juleka grabbed her by the hand and pulled her out al the way. Ladybug spat out her yoyo with a groan. "Agh.. Thanks a lot.."

 

"And I thought I hated water. Jeez, what the hell happened to you, bug?" Juleka asked worriedly, offering over her jacket for Ladybug to dry herself off a little, to which she thankfully took. She sighed.

 

"Reverser happened." Ladybug replied dryly, ruffling her hair dry a bit, she threw the jacket over her shoulders with a shiver. "Their power gives them the ability to reverse something in anyone. Anything! Including, ugh! Giving me the equivalent of, ugh! Two left feet..!"

 

"And that's why...?" Juleka tilted her head with a playful smile. 

 

"Yes. It's why I was..." She groaned, trying to dry herself off a bit more as she motioned to the water. "...In the... Seine."

 

"Well we better fix this fast." Panthera's tail flicked, her eyes narrowing. And also save my bass. She grinned quickly to the other hero, offering out a hand. "Do you need a piggy back ride, clutzy-bug?"

 

"Oh stop that." Ladybug pouted, before, admittedly taking her hand. "Uhm. Yes that would be nice actually-"

 

And so, with Ladybug on her back, they took off. The cat hero bounding over the city quick as they searched for Reverser and Ladybug filled her in on Nathaniel and Marc's 'disagreement' earlier that day.

 

The streets were covered in chaos. Roger had robbed two banks, traffic was the worst kind she'd seen in- well ever she didn't know how to drive- pigeons were attacking Mr Ramier, but strangely enough, it seemed a lot of people were distracted with something else.

 

"Oh right." Panthera stopped over a roof top, he was making an announcement right now, in front of a crowd of signs and shouting. "Isn't Mayor Bourgeois being the face for that weird trash space thing that everyone's really mad about? Isn't there that protest today?"

 

"Huh, yeah. I don't really agree with it though. The trash is literally just going to mess up another place. Like that scene in Wall-E." Ladybug made an awkward shrug. "Why what about you?"

 

"Eh." Panthera said. Like, she disagreed too with the trash thing. But attending any protests were always way too loud, way too crowded, way too overstimulating for her tastes, so she didn't. She'd rather take more quiet forms of rebellion. But then, she spotted it. A splotch of white and black. "Aw fuckin' Christ there he is shit fucking hell go go go..!" 

 

"Paris, the cleanest city? We'll see about that! Reversion!" Reverser bellowed, hurling the paper airplane into the mayor's back. The man let out a cry of shock, slumping over slightly before letting out a terrible giggle, bending over his tablet and pressing rapid buttons

 

"I'm going to order our satellites to release all the dumpsters back down toward Paris, making our city the biggest trash heap the world has ever known.!" Mayor Bourgeois shouted, the crowd screamed, dropping signs and bolting.

 

"AAH-HAHAHAHA!!!"  Reverser maniacally cackled at the scene, hovering above it all on their glider. Panthera dropped down on the stage next to him, Ladybug sliding off her back with a determined yet worry stare.

 

"Hey piss paper!" Juleka snarled, catching the akuma's attention as she swung her staff out. Her muscles tensed as she readied herself for the fight ahead. "Why don't you pick a fucking issue, dick!" 

 

"Give me your miraculous..!" Reverser bellowed, immediately turning and chucking two planes through the air. The two heroes darted away from each other. Ladybug forward and Panthera upwards. She landed with a scrape of her nails as she clambered on top of the large speaker. Claws digging hard into the metal as she forced Reverser to stare up at her. 

 

From her view, she could see both them and Ladybug. Who, in a cringing crash, had taken three steps forward, and then a full body roll into the sound booth. Reverser roared, sending another flurry towards Panthera that she grimaced against. She swung her staff, cracking them in multiple directions.

 

"Terrible aim!" She purred, dodging another one with just a tilt of the head. "For someone on a paper airplane, your as a dumb as a rock!"

 

Panthera stomped a foot down, shattering the metal beneath her and Reverser gasped as the whole speaker cracked- and soon came falling down. He narrowly dodged out of the way from being crushed, but gasped in terror as Panthera came flying out of the dust and debris and landed on the side of the glider.

 

It immediately became unbalanced, as the two shared grunts of exertion and rage as they battled on it. Taking swings and scraping claws while Panthera could hear the own echo of her hisses through her ears. 

 

"Scissors beats paper..!" Panthera stuck her tongue out but her hair bristled as Reverser held out a hand. Forming in a flash of black and white light,  new airplane appeared in his grasp and they held high up, about to stab it into her. 

 

She threw herself off, rolling into the ground stingingly. Panthera shook her hair out, staring upwards indignantly.

 

"Bitchless bitch! Stupid bitch boy! You got akumatized over a misunderstanding! Save that shit for the rest of us!" Panthera shouted, she wouldn't usually rile an akuma up this much but she felt talkatively petty today and it seemed to get to Reverser, as they raised higher and higher.

 

"You talk to much" Reverser remarked, voice dripping with venom. Their distorted voice reverberating across Panthera's skin as they held up a newly formed airplane in their hand, glowing an awful aura. "Why don't we fix that-"

 

"Panthera!" Ladybug shouted with worry.

 

Juleka saw what was coming, but so did everyone else, all at once. She was ready to jump out of the way, tail lashing with anticipation in the seconds before, but it was in that moment three actions had all painfully converged at once.

 

Trying to jump out of the way of the air plane, Ladybug had gone to throw her yoyo at her instead, trying to save and pull Panthera out to safety, and instead, clocked her right in the nose with a painful sting- causing Panthera to reel back- and get shot right into the chest with the airplane.

 

She slammed into the ground, feeling the air kicked right out of her chest, it felt cold as it absorbed right into her, and she let out a cry that turned silent suddenly. Panthera's eyes widened and her hands flew up to her throat in response. She let out a testing sound, but she couldn't, for there was no sound to realize.

 

Fuck..! Panthera realized, as she tasted copper against her tongue and she began wiping away the blood from her nostrils. Damn it! They just made me nonverbal! Fucking hell, rude ass bitch!

 

"Panthera! Panthera are you okay!?" Ladybug cried across the way. But Panthera couldn't respond, no, wouldn't, she was busy staring up at the sky where Reverser floated above them, worried about their next move. But instead they floated, and then they spoke.

 

"They are powerless now, Hawk Moth. Ladybug can't take a step without tripping on a dust particle and the cat's got the kitty's tongue." Reverser seemed to growl to himself with a corrupted stare, purple butterfly visor glowing across their face as they hovered above them. "We've got all the time in the world. I'll take care of them as soon as I've inverted Marinette and Nathaniel..!"

 

She watched as they zoomed away, and she felt a feeling of shame, rage, insecurity, and frustration begin to boil in their chest where she couldn't expel into words. Fucking damn it he got away. This is what happens when the gays don't communicate!

 

"Panthera!" Ladybug ran up to her, catching her attention as the red hero stood over her with worry. "Panthera are you okay? What did they do to you?"

 

"Mute," Panthera signed, pushing her closed fist with her thumb sticking up towards her lips. Ah, no wait, She paused, spelling it instead. She's pestered Ladybug about learning more actual words instead of just relying on her knowledge on JUST the alphabet, but now wasn't a good time. Ladybug let a low 'oohhh' and clicked a tongue.

 

"That's not good..." She shook her head, fidgeting with her gloves. "Which means you can't use your cataclysm huh."

 

Juleka looked over her hands with a furrowed gaze. Her ring glimmering, she thought the word cataclysm long and hard. Even speechless, she tried to word it out, to spell it in sign, but it didn't work. She felt, useless. Panthera's ears drooped as she stared up at her and Ladybug groaned.

 

"I'll have to make a new plan then, either way, we've got to chase after them." Ladybug said with determination, gazing off at where Reverser had flown before looking down at Panthera securely. "Can you still carry me? We've got to make it to Nathaniel before they do."

 

Of course I can. Panthera wanted to say, but not just because she wanted to. But because she wished she could prove it. That she still had her purpose. Her fist clenched at her side and she stood achily up on her known and for a moment she was staring down at Ladybug. Looming. But then, as quickly as she stood, she kneeled down again, for Ladybug to climb aboard.

 

Panthera's hair bristled as she stared on at the Parisian sky. Her tail lashing behind her. To the Louvre.

 

...

 

Nathaniel had stomped out the park with an enraged expression on his face and then as his stride slowed, he felt his breaths begin to waver as his now stinging eyes blinked wet and wide as he began to process.

 

Everything had been blacked out. It was a complete blot of ink. Just red, red, anger. What. What had he done. What could he have, no, he's still mad. He felt so mad. WhY WOULD THEY FUCKING DO THIS TO HIM- HE SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER- FUCK!

 

Nathaniel was gasping out a strained noise mixed with a shuddered sob as he began to burst into a trembling run. No no NO. He had to get out of here. Fully. No no no. He can't be seen like this. He can't be heard. No matter how raw his voice screamed out, he couldn't, say, what had he said, there was just anger in his voice.

 

Anger through his veins. Anger in his shaking artistic hands. Anger pulsing behind his eyes. Humiliation. Betrayal. It was pouring through his lungs like the salty gulps of the ocean. Along with the strange paradoxical feeling and fucked up- almost- happiness- of being right about something awful- 

 

His knee gave in and that's when his eyes blinked open back to the present and he realized he had no idea where in the hell he was.

 

He was just a sniffling little kid. Nathaniel's bangs clung to his wet and reddened cheeks like strings of red wire. He could barely hold himself still. What would he do. What would he do. What would he do. He was scared. He was mad. He was mad. He was scared. He was heartbroken.

 

Nathaniel's hands found their way to his shoulders, gripping himself tightly. 

 

"You keep it. You can give it back to the author later today. In person."

"It's my dream come true. This isn't some kind of prank, is it, Marinette?"

 

"You were trying to make a fool of me, weren't you..?!" He pointed at the camera. Marc's widened eyes set a fiery chill up his spine. Part of a ploy. All part of some, some, some fuckin' ploy..! "Do you think it's funny to toy with my feelings?"

"No, not at all! I-I just want.. to make.. a comic book, if you want to, that is..!"

A fucking COMIC book? And what he said after...

 

Nathaniel stifled a painful gulp as he mulled over it all.

 

Oh Marc, I'm sorry, I'm a fucking dick. But soon anger began to well up in his throat again. Marinette was trying to set up some recording of me... fucking with me..! Show off that I'm an idiot in front of, in front of Marc. My god, me calling out for Ladybug in front of them. He felt humiliation rise like bile. 

 

Course it was some prank... stupid Nathaniel... stupid Nathaniel with a stupid- He banged his fists against his head. -STUPID crush... on some cool guy he, I just met- stupid- stupid- and she was recording me too- course she feels that way, after, and, UGH!

 

"FFffuUUGHhhkckk.." Nathaniel grimaced, "I'm such an idiot for trusting... god I'm fucking stupid..!"

 

He clambered out his phone aggressively, but felt his tears well up again for some reason. He grimaced, curled up against the steps of some shop. What was he gonna do? Text home...? No. No he, well, what if she... no. No he needed... he needed his best friend, even if it was just in a text or call..

 

He breathed in and texted Alix.

 

Tomatobrand: alix can i talk w/ you pls if youre not busy

 

He was about to close his phone when he yiped seeing not a response but Alix's caller ID, ringing up a stir with the eruptive and very ludicrously inappropriate song she had chosen for herself as her ring tone on his phone. 

 

Nathaniel swiped answer and quickly held it up to his ear.

 

"H- Hello? Alix?"

 

"Nath!- Nath dude, you okay? You sound, you sound, not good- you good? What's up what do you need?"

 

"N-Nothing I just.." He began, but his paranoia, his anger, his everything. It was all still there, crawling on him, weighing over his shoulders like some giant bug. Nathaniel gulped down his pride to accept the rawness in his chest as he leant over his phone weakly. "I, are you busy? I just, I need, I need some to really talk to right now."

 

"...No, no I'm not busy- I'm good, yeah- Where do you want to meet up?"

 

"M-Meet up?" Nathaniel guffawed, he shook his head rapidly. But he was beginning to cry again. "N-No we don't have to meet up! Don't worry yourself over me that much it- it's fine I don't want to bother you, it-"

 

"Nath." There was an immediate reaction he had, hearing Alix's voice in the tone it was in. It was soft. Softer than he'd ever heard it. Kind. Filled with so much sincerity it felt out of character. And then it was so gracefully and intelligently followed with a- "You stupid fucking dummy. Just tell me where you want to meet up you hear? I'll beat you there."

 

Nathaniel sighed. Yup. Should've expected that much. He smiled. He couldn't ask for a better friend..

 

"Meet me at the Louvre..?" He asked, pinching the space weakly between his eyes. "I just, I really need someone to talk to right now."

 

"On it. See you there, dude." The call ended there and Nathaniel found himself staring at himself in the black mirror of his screen. His face pulled to a weak frown. Nathaniel did his best to collect himself, snuffing the flames in his chest. But even embers had a heat to them as he made his way to the only salvation that could save him.

 

And knocking on the door to Mr Kubdel's office, he'd never been more happier to be beaten to the Louvre.

 

"Hey dude, there you are. I beat you by-" Alix flicked open her pocket watch and giggled, "-like ten minutes."

 

"What? No way." Nathaniel scoffed. Alix shook her head, puffing her chest up with a bit of pride.

 

"Yes way. I know things. Time things. I'm great at time things. Like beating people to places." Alix snickered, crossing her arms as she smoothily tucked that little pocket watch back into her pocket. Nathaniel always thought that watch was cool. "Cause I'm fast as hell, dude. You know it."

 

"Yeah yeah. Well you're the one with skates on all the time. I ought to believe you sleep with them on." Nathaniel dryly remarked, leaning back as Alix skated past him on her heelies, he screwed his eyes for a moment. "Didn't you have roller derby today?" 

 

"Oh I did." She said with a shrug, it was awfully quiet in the Louvre for once. Where did everyone go? Alix looked over her shoulder casually, "I just left early to come here."

 

"You did what!?" Nathaniel sputtered, he shook his head rapidly. "Alix you didn't have to do that!" 

 

"Meh meh." Alix said, pushing past it faster than he wanted to. Not even asking why. His best friend just gave him a lazy little smile and went on to drawl out, "It just made sense to me, so I did it."

 

Nathaniel sighed, following after her with a little smile as the tension based knot in his shoulders began to lessen. He followed her around, until they came to the quietest spot. How lucky of him, an artist, that he became friends with the girl who lived around the past's masterpieces.

 

The Louvre became almost a second home now. He had memorized it's layout as deeply as Alix had. It felt like it had it's own soul, Alix once said. Though she quickly passed it off as sounding ridiculous. But Nathaniel could see where she was coming from. The museum felt like it had it's own lungs, and they were all breathing that same air in.

 

Nathaniel took a seat in front of the many paintings that people would pay millions to see, and only briefly and mentally greeted them like old friends as Alix drew circles around him on those wheels of hers. 

 

He stared at her. She'd been getting closer to Chloe recently hadn't she. Nathaniel wasn't sure where to put his opinion on that. And perhaps he held grudges long, or he was just unsure, but whatever he had, he had also known with equal unsureness that his best friend and the blonde had a bit of a history hadn't they.

 

Nathaniel had met Alix just a year or two after her mom died, and according to what Alix had told him in the briefest of uncomfortable summaries; "Yeah, I mean we're getting a long well again, but like, after my mom died and her mom left, me and Chlo-e. Chloe. We just, didn't mesh anymore. We had too much shit after that. She dropped... no... we sorta... dropped each other. It's complicated."

 

It's complicated, she says. Nathaniel blew a piece of hair from his face.

 

"You want to talk now?" Alix asked. He blinked away from his thoughts and sighed, nodding thankfully as he watched her pass by. No need to make eye contact, no need to be 100% in control, no need to be perfect, just speak, just be heard, that was their understanding of each other.

 

"Marinette told me, no, she, she gave me this, dumb, fucking story book thing today." Nathaniel mumbled. Alix let out a bark of light laughter.

 

"Oh yeah? Did it suck? What was it? Was it smut?"

 

"What? N- No!" Nathaniel scoffed, his shoulders slowly rising as his head drooped beneath them. "It was... 'The Diary of Ladybug'." 

 

"Woah what? Seriously." Alix nearly stopped, eyes a little wide. "Where'd she get that? Was that real? Was it actually by Ladybug?"

 

"I thought it was! Or well, I was wondering that too." Nathaniel replied loudly, before grunting. "There wasn't any author written on it, but then Marinette started getting all mYSTERious and talking about how this author wanted to meet me and... the writing was... really good. So... I actually thought it... was."

 

"Oh huh." Alix thought, before her eyes widened and little, and she looked at him long. But instead of any guesses, she just said, "Continue?"

 

Nathaniel sighed, as he felt it all rushing back to him. Hope, fear, confusion, betrayal, anger, anger, anger, anger. He grunted, beginning to sketch angry lines across his paper. Smears of graphite. Like his smears of tears.

 

"It was Marc." Nathaniel began, his words beginning to slow. "It was Marc's book. And I fucking, embarrassed myself in front of them..!" His hands beginning to shake. "And then, I saw, Marinette fucking recording me. She was recording me, to fucking, make fun of me probably cause I embarrassed myself in front of Marc they, it was, they both probably- she must've roped him in on- some big, ploy, she probably knew I-"

 

"Hey, woah, easy dude.." Alix's voice came to soothe. "Take a deep breath for me, Nath? Like, real big? Till your about to pop?" He slowly did, his cheeks puffing up a little as he copied Alix's rising hand motion, before she let them fall with her voice. "-And breathe out dude, there you go."

 

Nathaniel let out a heavy sigh, his body feeling like mush. 

 

"I yelled at Marc. No not just that. I... really lashed out on them. I think I... ripped his book." Nathaniel covered his face, on the verge of tears. "I'm a fucking bully. Why am I always such a dick... and MARINETTE..!"

 

"Hey now.." Alix rose her hands gently at him. Taking the pencil from his hands momentarily as she stopped himself from scratching through the papers. Her gaze was focused hard on him, forcing him to focus back. "You're not a dick. Sometimes when you're mad, you lose it. That's not an evil thing dude, it's out of your control, we know this.."

 

"I guess..." He sighed.

 

"You're right," Alix began slowly. "Maybe you should've given him a chance to explain. But you were really wrapped up in it. But also Marinette..? Maybe? You should also give her some chance to explain too? And this isn't me being 'biased' cause she's my friend this is just my opinion. Just think; Does Marinette sound like the girl to do that kind of thing? Making fun of people?"

 

Nathaniel grimaced, taking his pencil back.

 

"She just wanted to tease me.. like everybody else.. it's been a shit day already and I just knew she was...was...” Nathaniel muttered bitterly, clutching her pencil tightly before his eyebrows knitted together with thought. He slumped. ”Okay.. You think I maybe jumped the gun a bit?”

 

"I think you should talk to him." Alix said, her voice a tad softer than her normal huffs and puffs. It was filled with sincerity. Nathaniel looked up from his notepad and sighed. He was about to open his mouth to respond-

 

And then in a loud crash, the two turned with wide eyes, as the heroes of Paris stumbled in.

 

“NATHANIEL!" Ladybug exclaimed with wide wild eyes. Panthera's jacket around her shoulders and leaves stuck in her hair. "Ow- we need- Ow- fuck fuck fuck- I got it- no Panthera I'm fine- Nathaniel! Nathaniel we need your- we need your hElp!”

 

Seriously they were like stumbling stumbling, like, wow Nathaniel’s celebrity crush has never died that quickly after seeing Ladybug fall flat on her face like a good fifteen times before she made her way over to the two and He could see Panthera politely-and strangely enough- quietly following behind the red clad hero.

 

Finally making her way over, completely out of breath, Ladybug fumbled out with her yoyo and- you know, this clutz stuff reminded him of someone- and then she pulled up the news cast-

 

“It's been confirmed, ten thousand tons of garbage have just been released from space and are about to rain down on Paris."  Nadja announced nervously. "Unless Mayor Bourgeois cancels the process, the city will soon be under a mountain of trash. The man behind the chaos: Supervillain Reverser has given an ultimatum.” 

 

Nathaniel's chest plummeted at the words 'super villain', and it only dropped further seeing Marc’s corrupted form fly on screen, form split and monochrome. Nathaniel felt utterly terrible. Oh god. Marc was so pissed off at him..

 

"Ladybug, Panthera Noire..." The akuma growled, pointing at the screen menacingly. "I command you to deliver Nathaniel and Marinette to me, right now! Along with your miraculouses! Or else you'll rue the day you were BORN!"

 

“Oh that doesn't sound good." Alix simply blurted out. Yeah no shit ALIX. 

 

“We have to try and talk to him. And we're gonna need you, Nathaniel!” Ladybug exclaimed determinedly as she turned to the red head. Alix and Nathaniel stared wide eyed at the ladybug heroine. Wait what. HUH?

 

"You're actually taking him!?" Alix shouted with distress.

 

"Wait wait wait m-Me?" He sputtered. Oh no. No no no no please. He's all tapped out. He can't do more interactions today please don't make him talk to the akuma. That'll be emotional hell. "I- I can't. I can't do that. I can't!"

 

"Look! He ain't going unless he wants to, got it!?" Alix's voice rose with intensity. Nathaniel's mouth fell at Alix's passion but also with terror that his best friend looked like she was about to fight the HEROES OF PARIS- and- and for him- awe. BUT ALIX NO- "I mean? What about Marinette! Aren't you worried about her too?"

 

Ladybug cringed, teeth grinding together for a moment before she shook her head.

 

“We don't have time! Reverser will have to settle for just Nathaniel!” Ladybug exclaimed, turning to him with wide, manic like eyes. "It seems Reverser wants him most anyways! And if we have any chance at winning, we need it. I can barely get a stable step in, and without Panthera's voice we can't use cataclysm. Please, we need your help, Nathaniel." 

 

The heroes, needed his help. God why did that make his stomach utterly drop. He had to help! Duh! Staring at the now, explained-ly silent, Panthera who nodded in muted and worried form, he felt this ache of responsibility for mistakes now, but that didn't stop the fear in his head.

 

Alix glanced between them all and grimaced.

 

"I'm coming too then!" She shouted. Nathaniel spun around to stare at her with mortified eyes.

 

“W-what? Alix what are you talking about no way!” He sputtered with shock. Alix didn’t meet his gaze though, crossing her arms determinedly as her lips were pressed onto a neutral but hardened expression.

 

“No way! It's too dangerous!” Ladybug shouted, her presence- despite being shorter than Nathaniel- making her loom over the two with her suddenly returned air of strength and authority. She was power. Since when was she this scary? "We shouldn't risk more lives than we need."

 

"Oh so you're risking his life then? Yeah no, sorry. And you can argue all you want but I've got two arguments for ya." Alix grinned, holding up her hands in a rebellious peace sign that she held in front of her with pride. "One, you two clearly need a helping hand, and you haven't even realized how cool I am!- And two, Nathaniel is my friend. Where he goes? I go."

 

She gave him an encouraging smile and put a supportive hand on his back.

 

"I'm never dropping him."

 

...

 

They called a cab to meet Reverser at the Eiffel Tower and the drive was, uncomfortably long. Alix had never imagined, like, woah, to be in the same close vicinity as the HEROES OF PARIS like this! But uh, with the tension, and the fact he was partially to blame for the akuma, uh, yknow, yeah it, yeah.

 

Still though, when she made eye contact with Nathaniel, they were at least both sharing the same looks of manic 'holy shit we're with the heroes of paris'. Nathaniel even silently dared her to ask Panthera for a selfie and you bet your ass she totally did.

 

It was a bit awkward since Ladybug had initially objected but Panthera, despite being completely and uncomfortably silent, still nodded a happy 'yes' and held up a piece sign with Alix who stuck her tongue out crazily. It was great.

 

But fun car times was not for long as they finally pulled to a stop. Ladybug thanked the man for a ride and they all clambered out at different paces and when Ladybug tried to take a step out of the car and immediately was yanked backwards by her yoyo and freeing it sent her cracking into the cement- yeah Alix offered quick to be her human crutch.

 

They stared up at the setting sky and it was Alix who noticed the peculiarity quick.

 

"That's strange," Alix said, slowly squinting up at the strangely sparkling sky. "The star's are out... early? Wait- Do we even get stars? I'm not an astrology bitch."

 

Ladybug shook her head grimly.

 

"Those aren't stars!" She exclaimed, "Those are the giant trash containers released by Mayor Bourgeois that are re-entering the atmosphere! In just a few minutes, it'll be like having a meteor shower, except with dumpsters instead!"

 

"I..." Alix blinked, her head swiveling between the sky and the hero like she had grown a second head. "..What? I- wheh- what? What? What? What the fuck do you mean by that? What? I don't, what? That makes no sense what are you saying?"

 

That's right Alix. That does make no sense. This will never be brought up again.

 

"What? Who's saying that? What?" Alix spun around. Uh oh. Anyways. LOOK IT'S REVERSER! 

 

The group gasped as they spotted Reverser and his glider, slowly swirling high above, peering down at them with a grimacing look in their eyes before letting out a low, but soon, rising malevolent cackle.

 

"So Nathaniel! You've finally come!" Reverser bellowed. They smirked, beginning to wave a hand as they looked down at them all. "I've waited long and excitedly for you. I could hardly sit still!"

 

"Haha he said hard."

 

"When I first saw your art, my eyes were opened up. You inspired me deeply, and I saw you as someone to look up to. The idea someone as cool as you at my school, I had formatted this painting in my mind of who you were. And I was astounded to finally meet you. My heart burst, as I blah blahblah blah blah-"

 

Though Nathaniel was completely enraptured, nervous, and enthralled by Reverser's speech, Alix had started to grow tired of it. Unsure what they were even saying anymore. Alix looked warily at Ladybug who had also taken the opportunity to do others as she whispered something under her breath.

 

"Lucky charm..."

 

Alix's eyes widened as a soft red glowed beneath Ladybug's hands, gripped tightly as it formed before her hand loosened to accommodate the newly created object in her grasp. Ladybug peered down to look what she made and her eyes screwed with confusion.

 

"A hairspray can? What am I supposed to do with this?" Ladybug thought aloud, her eyes beginning to flick around. At some point hitting Alix and smiling wide at her, adding a wink. Yeah, Alix had no fucking clue what she was gonna do. Seriously these plans were ridiculous I mean, when is there gonna be a simple plan? 

 

"L-Ladybug what do we do?" Nathaniel whimpered out fearfully, turning to the hero who was now tucking the can into the jacket's inside pocket. "I don't want to be reversed..!"

 

"Don't worry I got a simple plan!" Ladybug shouted. Well fuck me. Alix mentally deadpanned, face palming to herself a little as Ladybug hobbled her way over to a line of traffic cones near the street. She lifted it up, using it as a megaphone somehow and shouting out- "Reverser! We hear you loud and clear, and I've got a deal for you. I'm gonna hand Panthera to you now! In exchange, you'll reverse Mayor Bourgeois to order the dumpsters back out into space! Only then will I give my miraculous, Nathaniel, and Marinette!"

 

Alix gawked at that. How could-! She turned to look for Panthera's reaction, she had to have been mad she was being sold out right? But she was surprised to see a look of straight calm across the cat hero's face.

 

Not even a twitch of offense, just a simple raised eyebrow of curiosity. Ladybug let her megaphone drop to her side and Alix watched as Panthera's eyes followed it. Alix curved her teeth into her lip as she watched Ladybug seem to spell out something with her hand- Panthera's ear twitched and she looked away.

 

Was, was that a yes? Alix didn't realize how vocal Panthera was usually until she was forcefully shut up. Alix kinda hated it actually, she liked the comfort of Panthera's voice sniping and purring. Her eyes turned back to Reverser who was grimacing.

 

"BUT I WANT NATHANIEL NOW! All I want is to reverse Nathaniel so he'll have no choice but to make a comic book with me!" They demanded. Ladybug's eyebrows furrowed, thinking for a second as she bit into her thumb before raising the cone again.

 

"Fine then! I'll send him up with you!"

 

Alix tensed, protectively throwing an arm in front of her best friend. But as Reverser grinned, Ladybug turned to them with a trusting smile, approaching the two of them with a hushed tone, leaning close.

 

"Alix, do you by chance have a lighter?" Ladybug asked carefully. Alix blinked wide eyed at her. And suddenly. She understood. Oh yes. She understood deeply. Her hands shaking, quivering with anticipation, excitement, and what fell like a rush of manic energy that had processed her- she reached down into her pocket.

 

Her fingers found cold steel and she wrapped her hand around it, bringing it out and pressing it into Ladybug's palm and Ladybug smiled at her. She turned to Panthera who had approached with a careful stare. Their hands clasped together.

 

"Trust me partner, this is going to work." Ladybug whispered, and Alix watched as their hands parted and the lighter had suddenly disappeared from Ladybug's into Panthera's, and with just a swish of the hand, Panthera threw her jacket back over her shoulders and Alix saw the can had disappeared from Ladybug's hands too.

 

"Holy shit..." Alix murmured. 

 

"Go on, Nathaniel, don't worry." Ladybug reassured him, placing the yoyo into his hands. Nathaniel stared worriedly at her and Alix. Alix nodded determinedly at him and his shoulders untensed, nodding, and following Panthera into the elevator. Alix watched as Ladybug stepped back, staring up as the elevator made its way upwards and she stared long at the hero.

 

Alix would lie about this, but the truth was, she was a hero fan. The way Ladybug and Panthera worked together, making some weird wack ass plan work, it was admirable. And stupid. Admirably stupid. But also, extremely cool.

 

Eh. Alix said, nodding to herself. Yeah I'd make a cool hero too. Hah.

 

..Heh.

 

"Panthera and Nathaniel are on their way!" Ladybug shouted into her 'megaphone'. "Return Mayor Bourgeois back and stop the space dumpsters!"

 

Reverser's eyes dated from the rising elevator and back to her.

 

"If you try to trick me, it'll cost you, dearly." He growled. Alix's eyebrows furrowed at that, daring them to try it, but Ladybug just brought out a lazy little grin, giving a half hearted shrug as the elevator reached higher and higher.

 

"What tricks do you actually think I can pull, Reverser? With the scaredy cat and me, super klutz, we don't stand a chance!" Ladybug shouted upwards. Reverser's eyes narrowed warily at her, airplane formulating in their palm as they turned to look at the opening doors and their face dropped with horror.

 

"WHAT IN THE-!" 

 

"NOW PANTHERA!" Nathaniel grimaced, a fire in his eyes, ducking downwards. Panthera's wild, unhinged grin wide and glowing as she held up the hairspray- lighter in hand, and flames blasting outwards. Reverser shrieked as she burst forward, taking the yoyo out of her mouth, taking it around her waist, and slamming into Reverser's body.

 

She aimed it downwards, right onto his glider, setting it ablaze beneath their feet. It burned into ash, shriveling up before exploding into scattered cinders. Reverser glared down at her with rage and she met it back with a smirk- mouthing one word;

 

"boom"

 

Reverser fell backwards into the air, screaming with shock. Panthera wordlessly dived after them, spinning around them and grabbing hold-! Alix watched as she caught herself mid fall, spiraling the string around her as she swung around the tower. Despite the rescue, Reverser wrestled against her, a struggle flying through the air- And suddenly, Panthera threw something down.

 

Ladybug reached out to grab it, but squeaked as it punted her straight in the head. The clutz!- Alix's eyes widened and she dove upwards to catch it. Yes.! She looked down at it with confusion before realizing. The hair spray can! Ladybug rubbed her head achily before seeing her, smiling.

 

Alix offered it over but Ladybug clasped her hand over her's. Alix's eyes widened and she grinned. They threw it upwards together, shouting-

 

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

 

...

 

It was a pretty good day, all things considered. Juleka stretched out her jaw, letting out an ungodly loud yawn.

 

"Whew! Glad to be speaking again," She smiled, stretching her back and letting out a wonderful pop. Panthera turned to Ladybug and the others cheerfully. Marc and Nathaniel having been talking ever since Ladybug brought the two face to face again. How nice, Juleka thought, she was proud of them. And it's nice that there's another cisn't person in the club.

 

"I'm glad you're talking again too." Ladybug smiled, also stretching out before smiling brightly at her. "I like my kitty's voice."

 

"I'm flattered, bug." Panthera purred, "And I like it when my partner can stand on her two feet!"

 

"HEy!" 

 

Panthera let out a long stream of giggles, letting out a sigh. Panthera waved to the others, flashing a toothy smile.

 

"I'll be off now! Safe travels you guys!" She shouted, her friends turned and waved excitedly to her. Juleka blinked, oh right! Panthera flicked the lighter from her pocket and threw it over. "Here's your lighter back, Alix. Sorry about that. It's a good lighter though."

 

"Hwuh oh shit thanks!" Alix snatched it quick, she grinned at Nathaniel. "Hey dude, my lighter is Panthera approved now."

 

"Ah yes, your expensive fancy lighter. Joy." Nathaniel dryly remarked, eye peaking open as Marc let out a dorky little laugh, giggling over him. Juleka's ear twitched, a smile coming to her lips. She gave a small salute.

 

"Safe travels!"

 

Juleka sighed with relief as she bounded her way across Paris. The pink sunset light glowing against her cheek, coloring the Seine with the colors of strawberry lemonade. But to her surprise, she saw someone aboard the Liberty, waiting.

 

As swiftly as possible, Panthera dropped down into an alley and turned, shedding her transformation with a quick whisper and began to approach the Liberty with a quick skip in her step. 

 

"Rose?" Juleka stared concernedly at her girlfriend who was crying blubbery tears across her flushed red face. Rose turned seeing her, as she held her perfectly fixed bass in her arms. Juleka's head tilted a bit with worry, as she innocently asked, "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

 

"I'M SORRY I BROKE YOUR BASS,,," Rose sputtered, holding the fixed bass out in her arms. She sniffled a little messily. "I LOST CONTROL CAUSE OF, CAUSE OF MARC, I DIDN'T MEan TOoOOoo..."

 

"Oh" Juleka blinked. 

 

Juleka might've, forgotten about that. Ah. Wow. She blinked out of her stupor, staring down at her still crying Rose. God, what a kind individual her Rose was.. Juleka thought. She smiled at her. 

 

"Uh, yeah, no worries, hun." Juleka chuckled softly, scratching the back of her neck, "It's no worries. I swear. Why don't we go inside, have some dinner? Some hot chocolate together? Maybe dinner?"

 

Rose's eyes lit up a little, sniffling. She nodded slowly.

 

"Yeah," She croaked, wiping a few blobs of tears away. Rose's heart always burst for others, it made Juleka feel so loved. How did she get so lucky. "Sounds,, snff,,, sounds amazing... Jules."

 

"Alright, let's go then, together." Juleka reached a hand out, as they went inside. Their hands intertwined, they entered the dreams they made for themselves. Juleka turned her head towards her, "Is that sleepover planned for next Friday still on?"

 

"Oh? Oh you bet!" Rose giggled, wiping the rest of her tears away as a new bounce entered her step. "I've got scary movies ready and everything!"

 

"Oh no, I hope you don't get a niiightmaaaare." Juleka drawled spookily, making the other girl let out another squeal of amusement as the two entered inside the warmth of the Liberty's ship.

 

If only that was the joke she had simply hoped to tell.

 

 

Notes:

if the part between ladybug falling in the scene to juleka gets hit sucks dick thats on me, i worked on it for multiple hours and then it deleted itself so i sort of save up there cause i wanted to die haha

also alix and nathaniel friendship supremacy

also cat trans always has been