Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Panthera Noire
Collections:
Fanfiction 𝑰 Deem Worthy Of The Name, The Forest
Stats:
Published:
2020-03-27
Updated:
2024-03-03
Words:
533,809
Chapters:
73/?
Comments:
2,847
Kudos:
2,418
Bookmarks:
312
Hits:
132,360

The Adventures of Panthera Noire

Summary:

You’d think one of Paris’s heroes, Panthera Noire, would be some sort of superstar celebrity- with her confident and flirty personality. Fighting alongside Ladybug, the two woman were Paris’s idols..

However despite how much she sold it to the public, Panthera Noire was not like that, not really. Because while she was Panthera Noire to the city, for all the world knew, Juleka Couffaine was just a shy and self conscious girl, struggling to keep her secret and her family safe.

Drowning in her crush for her best friend and the responsibilities of carrying the world on her back, she only wants to survive long enough to see the romantic fairy tale happy ending she’s gotten a hope for.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes and other works inspired by this one.)

Chapter 1: Origins (1)

Summary:

The origins of Ladybug and Panthera Noire…

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

 

Usually, the stories she read started out with some sort of charming description.

 

“Damn it damn it...“

 

Something like; it was a dark and stormy night. Or; once upon a time.

 

”Oh come on where is it...”

 

But this wasn't the story she'd chosen to be in. This was simply the one she was a part of, and like how life us- she only had this one story to tell.

 

"Where did ma even get half of this cluttered stuff? " Juleka muttered angrily to herself. Luka already had to leave, and so did her aforementioned mother, and she felt time ticking on her. She'd practically been flipped upside down in her digging when she finally found her so called 'buried treasure', if anyone could be brave enough to call it that. “There it is..!”

 

Juleka pulled herself out with a huff, and with it, her notebook. Trusty, old, duck taped together. Why the hell was it under two stolen fire hydrants..? She wondered briefly, before she hurried to grab her backpack and finally rushed out the door. She had no time to loose, Juleka couldn’t bear the idea of entering class late with everyone staring at her. Maybe no one would notice if she said nothing? 

 

It was embarrassing how late she obviously looked, as she ran through the streets of Paris. She kept her head down, hoping the passersby would ignore her. Not that such a thing was any problem. With my personality, anyone would consider me invisible.. Juleka wiped the sweat off her brow as she stopped abruptly at a light stop. She nervously looked at the small crowd around her and sighed.

 

This traffic is heavy.. I don’t know what I’m gonna do about this.. She thought to herself, before catching a familiar face waiting for the light as well. Oh. It's Marinette. Juleka thought to say hello. She even opened her mouth to, but, her jaw oh so dutifully clamped shut. Several years of the same classes together, the Dupain-Chengs even giving her mother special on the house orders- and yet- Juleka couldn't remember the last peep she said to the girl. Maybe it was cause Marinette was such a sponge for trouble.. She felt a bit bad but..

 

Her attention on her friend then dropped, as she suddenly saw an old man crossing the road, in the middle of traffic.

 

W-what the hell? What is that guy doing? Juleka could only stare in shock. And why is no one was doing anything? She wondered, but it was only a helpless stream of thoughts, as she felt like she could only watch in horror as a car sped down the road, heading right towards him.


What could she do? She wanted to reach out and help him, but she couldn’t move. Juleka was frozen solid in the crowd. This old guy was going to die! Juleka was mortified by her own cowardly behavior, but still she couldn’t stop her hand from shaking. Maybe if she closed her eyes, the smell of impending blood wouldn't reek as hard.

 

But- it was then that she saw Marinette jump forward, her box of macaroons scattered across the ground as pulled the old man onto the sidewalk, seconds before the car could hit, rolling backwards onto the sidewalk again. Juleka’s jaw dropped. Oh, oh shit. She’d known Marinette for a long time, never officially friends, but-

 

She knew Marinette. She knew who she was. And until now, she only knew Marinette as a quiet and clumsy girl, who despite the bright personality, Juleka saw the painful state of loneliness in her. Being bullied by the god awful Chloe Bourgeois didn’t help either.. but now, Juleka could only see Marinette as incredibly brave, a hero, it almost distracted Juleka from her trembling.

 

God damn.

 

She could see Marinette talking to the old man, before handing him a non crushed macaroon. He smiled, saying how delicious it was, before Marinette rushed past him. It was then that the old man stared directly at her.

 

What the-

 

He smiled softly at her before leaving, Juleka shook her head. Why couldn’t you have helped him? He probably thinks you’re some sort of jerk for not saving him.. a voice in the back of her mind whispered. Juleka began to walk again and made her way to the school. Her feet dragging.

 

What a stressful morning already, it felt like a bad omen for the rest of the day.

 

When she entered class, she saw Marinette already getting chewed out by Chloe, something about someone named.. Adrien? Seats or something.. Oh well, she didn’t care. Juleka awkwardly sat down in the back, already invisible to the entire room. Another year.. She sighed for the millionth time, while messing with her dyed hair. It was then that she could feel someone grabbing her shoulder.

 

”Juleka!” Rose grinned excitedly, before sitting down next to her- Juleka immediately felt something in her light up with glee. “I’m so excited for this new school year! I heard we’re getting a new students and everything! New friends! Isn’t that amazing!”

 

”Yeah, amazing.” Juleka smiled, she held Rose’s hand, squeezing it a bit. She prayed that Rose’s smile would dull down her guilty thoughts for now.

 

Perhaps today could be a good day. She thought hopefully.

 

She was wrong.


...

 

Adrien ran towards the school, he needed to go to class, to his freedom, but when he was climbing up the stairs, he stopped in his tracks when he heard the pitiful groans of an old man. Adrien swerved around, seeing an old man in a Hawaiian shirt collapsed on the ground and unable to reach his cane.

 

His head darted around to the school and then to the old man. Nathalie and The Gorilla was still chasing after him, the model gritted his teeth and ran inside the school. Adrien’s heart felt heavy as he walked into class, the image of the struggling man had stained his mind. I’m sorry.. he thought, when suddenly something else took his attention. 

 

”Adrikins!” A voice cut through his thoughts, he met the face of Chloe. Finally a familiar face.. She grinned, “I got you a seat next to me! Heard your daddy finally got you into school! Took him long enough!”

 

”Y-Yeah..” He said, Adrien didn’t know how long he could stay at all since his father still disapproved.. but he had to soak in as much time he had. Maybe this was better, he could finally have a chance at friends. An actual life! His eyes darted around the classroom, some meeting his gaze with either curiosity, awe, or a friendly wave. Adrien grinned. This was the start of a new life, he could feel it.

 

And soon.. the guilt of the old man was forgotten.

 

...

 

Sure, class went by alright, Juleka didn’t participate much, but she get to see who the ‘mysterious’ new student was, as it was none other than the famous model Adrien Agreste! He was surprisingly shorter than she thought in real life, but despite her eyes for someone else, she could admit that he was- in his own way charming.

 

However, She wasn’t.. well— despite her hidden desire to model, Juleka wasn’t as equally in awe like Rose. 


“He’s just so pretty in real life!” Rose shook Juleka’s shoulder in excitement.

 

”Is that so?” Juleka mumbled with a small smile. Rose had rambled on and on with excitement, however it went in one ear and out the other. Sure, it was crazy, but she wasn’t all to obsessed by it.

 

What surprised the gothic girl most was Chloe’s reaction. It was like seeing a whole different person. The bully was practically clinging to the new kid’s side, but she felt something else from her. An air of protection, and.. fear? Utter glee. She ignored it, after all it was just Chloe. The queen bee probably just wanted attention.

 

However, despite the interesting events that unfolded before her, she still felt a guilty shame inside herself. Juleka tapped her pencil impatiently on the desk, it wasn’t like her to get all riled up about this.. but she still felt horrible about not being able to do anything for that old man..

 

Juleka shook her head. It’s in the past, she told herself. Rose had whispered to her, asking if she was alright, but she shook it off, reassuring the cute girl that she just had a rough morning. And that was true, her traffic encounter did damper her mood, but it seemed like she jinxed it, as the rough morning became a rough day.

 

She was in the library when everything turned to shit. Rose wasn’t with her, but She could overhear Marinette talking with., what was her name.. Alya? Yeah Alya. Something about superheroes. The girl seemed absolutely flourishing in Marinette’s attention, and Marinette with the her. Like two peas in a pod.

 

Meanwhile, Juleka suffocated in her own silence, she wanted to say something to Marinette, maybe apologize and say how she couldn’t help the old man like her. But she was too scared. Can’t get worse..

 

As if on cue, everything had turned upside down, which started due to a certain.. oh.. just a simple... giant rock monster, that was a creature born out of the heartbreak of her classmate, bursting into the principal’s office.

 

Larger than life.

 

Beyond reality.

 

Fantastical.

 

Unreal.

 

When the giant monster, Stoneheart was it’s name, had went in a different direction, she grabbed her bag and immediately Juleka had ran for her life. News reports shook screens everywhere. Despite her own awe and shock, panic still won over her as she booked it home. What was she gonna do? Was Luka safe? How did this happen?

 

She skidded to a stop when she saw a familiar figure. The old man. He was collapsed on the ground, debris laying on his leg. People ran past him like he was nothing. Juleka felt fear fill her again. Would she fail to do anything again?

 

Juleka hardened herself, biting back her fears as she rushed towards the old man. She grabbed onto the rock and pulled it off him. Her hands were still shaking.

 

”Are you okay?! I’m so sorry I didn’t help you sooner..” She frantically asked, the old man looked up at her and smiled, his face was gentle as he slowly stood up, Juleka noticed that he was now limping. “I was too scared to save you this morning,, I could only watch..”

 

”Thank you for saving me young lady,” He said, cutting her off with a strangely calm voice for a guy who nearly got crushed by a hunk of cement. He chuckled. “..as for this morning, I do not remember you failing to save me. Perhaps it’s my old failing memory”

 

Juleka sighed in relief, before another roar from Stoneheart interrupted her thoughts. She turned, eyes widening as She saw the hulking Beast around the corner. The ground shaking with his ever step.

 

“I cannot run with this leg..” She could hear the man behind her mutter.

 

Quickly, Juleka grabbed the man’s wrist and pulled him to safety, he wouldn’t be able to run with his leg injury, so she brought him to a cafe along with multiple other citizens. It was a crowded shelter but it would make due. She needed to assure his safety.

 

”Thank you for your courage.” He said, holding onto her hands sincerely. “if you ever need guidance on anything young lady, then my healing shop is always open for tea” he added kindly before heading inside. Juleka smiled, before she ran for home.

 

However without her realizing, the old guardian smiled and then walked completely fine into the cafe with no limp, after adding.. well.. an extra weight to the young lady’s backpack.


...

 

Juleka ran back to her mother’s boat house, clambering on as her anxiety failed to shut up.

 

”Mom?” She exclaimed, panting as she looked inside.

 

”I’m here! This blasted news has been shouting about this monster on every channel!” Anarka spat angrily, before looking at her and softening “Are you okay?”

 

”Y-Yeah I’m fine mom, where’s Luka?” She asked frantically, Anarka’s face twisted in fear.

 

”Is he not with you?” 


Uh no.

 

Anarka inhaled sharply, and her lips pulled into a tight smile.

 

”Juleka why don’t you go to your room." She said, as if that would make her feel better. "I’ll figure something out, I’m the captain of this ship after all, do your homework or somethin', take your mind off, I’ll find him”

 

Juleka nodded, and rushed to her room. Juleka panicked a bit, before texting Rose.

 

Juleka: Are you okay??

 

There was a pause

 

Rose<3: Y-yeah I’m okay!

Rose<3: My mom’s really scared though so I’m staying home

Rose<3: Are you okay??

 

Juleka sighed with relief

 

Juleka: I’m okay, got back to the boathouse. 
Juleka: stay safe. 

 

She thought about sending a heart but quickly chickened out. Just friends.. She reminded herself.

 

Juleka sighed, laying her phone down. This was crazy this was crazy. Real life monsters. This was just like some comic or show.

 

She looked at her backpack. I should work on something.. she told herself, before digging through it. Juleka needed to pass the time to release her stress.

 

That's when.. she pulled out something that wasn’t hers. Juleka blinked in confusion, as she held up the nicely carved box. 

 

”W-What’s this doing here?” She muttered, staring at it. Juleka looked around before slowly opening it. Inside it was a ring, it was quite beautiful, but it didn’t answer her multiple questions they flew through her head. That’s when she was met with a bright green light.

 

When it faded, Juleka’s eyes fluttered open and was met with the sight of.. what the fuck was she looking at? Floating above the ring, was a small alien like creature, it opened its eyes and yawned.

 

“W-What the fuuu..” Juleka had almost fainted on the spot. The creature had took notice of her presence, 

 

”It sure has been a while since I’ve been chosen for someone- I’m Plagg, a Kwami, nice to meet you” The creature, Plagg, then spun around her room. “You sure are girly for someone with your aesthetic- though I can super work with this goth get up. Ohohhoho I’m getting fun ideas already- hey can you eat this?”

 

”I-I’m Julek- Hey stop that..!”

 

He then began chewing at whatever he saw, questioning its ediblity. Juleka snapped out of her dazed position, she quickly grabbed the ring from its box and shoved it into her pocket, before frantically ran after him.

 

”W-wait! Stop it!” She exclaimed, desperately trying to grab the weird thing... Kwami.? The weird creature was yapping something about cheese and asking outloud how she got all of this junk.

 

When He started to chew on a small bracelet Rose gave her, Juleka finally snatched him by his small torso, holding him down.

 

”W-What the hell are you?” It looked at her with a raised.. well it didn’t have eyebrows.. but he looked at her like he raised an eyebrow.

 

”I just said, I’m a kwami- Practically a god, now let me go!” He snapped, before flying out of her hands. “I grant the powers of destruction to people who my guardian thinks are worthy of my powers, now can I please eat something? Specifically cheese? I’m starving!”

 

Juleka looked around, trying to stop her trembling hands. Kwami? Power? Guardian? God? Cheese??

 

”This has gotta be a joke..” She paled

 

”Jeez you look like you saw a ghost!” Plagg laughed before looking at her concerned. “Come on! Do you have some cheese? That’ll make you feel better! Then we can get to making you into a superhero!”

 

Juleka’s eyes widened.

 

”A-A what!?”

 

”Juleka, my little pirate!” Anarka suddenly opened the door, Plagg had flown into her hair making her squeak. “I’m gonna go try and find yer brother right now! I need you to keep our ship anchored!”

 

”Y-Yes Mom, aye aye.” She sputtered, Anarka gave her a look before leaving. Plagg appeared again into her vision.

 

”That was close! Your mom can’t know I exist! Or anyone for that matter!” The cat warned, flying in front of her, with his arms crossed

 

”No one huh..” she murmured

 

”By the way your mom’s all piratey! Weird! Although I’ve met some pirates myself! Black Beard made a fine cat! Now come on! I wanna go eat something!” He added with enthusiasm, Juleka didn’t know what to do.

 

Seems she had no choice though, so She sheepishly went to the kitchen, the creature following excitedly.

 

When she presented him with Swiss cheese, he expressed annoyedly that he liked Camembert better but that it would do. He was a small little thing, but devoured it in one bite. Juleka watched in curiosity as she drank some water. What was he..? He said a Kwami but that doesn’t answer anything.. 

 

He burped rudely before looking back up at her.

 

”Now! About making you into a super hero!” Plagg spoke up. She almost spat out her drink.

 

”N-No way.! I’m n-no hero! I’m barely visible to people.. I’m just shy.. no name.. Juleka Couffaine..” Juleka insisted, before lowering into more mumbles. Her voice died the more she convinced herself of the truth..

 

“Yeah! But we can change that really quickly! Besides,, no one should know your identity anyways for superheroes!” Plagg said, flying in front of her obscured face.

 

It was then, that the T.V had grabbed their attention. Stoneheart was on the news, throwing a police car at some people. She saw Roger, Sabrina’s dad get toppled, and she swore she saw his arm crack horribly.

 

KIM!!” Stoneheart roared, Juleka began to shake again. Oh god, the fact that this was reality hit her. Plagg flew around her head.

 

”So?” He asked mischievously.

 

”I-..” Juleka suddenly froze, as she saw familiar figures on the news. The new girl Alya was biking after the giant golem, but with a closer look, she also so her brother trapped in a farther building, along with other people.

 

It suddenly collapsed, as the monster rumbled the earth, The camera immediately switched but she found herself rushing towards the tv. “Luka.!”

 

”What’s wrong?” Plagg exclaimed

 

”My brother! I saw him on tv! He’s trapped.!” She sobbed to the creature, she couldn’t focus. Plagg swirled around the house muttering frantically before coming back.

 

”Are you sure?! Ah fuck it who cares if or if not- Okay I have a plan! If we can find the Ladybug Miraculous holder we can defeat that monster together with them and restore the city with her Miraculous Cure!” He explained “if your brother’s hurt then he- along with everyone else- plus the collateral damage.. will be cured and healed!”

 

”Then can’t we just leave it to the Ladybug?” Juleka asked. Plagg shook his head.

 

”Nah, they’ll need your help- The ladybug and Cat miraculous are yin and yang to each other! They’re usually only chosen or activated at the same time for balance purposes. I’m choosing you to be my new kitty Juleka, which means you’ll need to support the ladybug newbie if you want them to use that cure!” Plagg said. Juleka stared at him, before glancing at the screen.

 

I need to protect my family, and the people I care about.. She told herself, before standing up.

 

”What do I need to do?” Juleka finally spoke up, she couldn’t destroy the quivering in her voice, but she didn’t need to hide the fire in her eyes. Plagg grinned.

 

”I can transform you into a super hero, to transform me you’ve gotta say ‘Plagg Claws Out!’” Plagg explained, “and to detransform.. you say ‘Plagg Claws In!’”

 

Juleka nodded, to be honest she was more scared than excited. She remembered day dreaming as a child, wanting to become a super hero and imaging how fun it’d be to live just like her comics, but now she was terrified to do anything.

 

”Your special power is Cataclysm! It’ll destroy anything you touch, however you can only use it once every transformation!” Plagg continued, he circled around her, before digging himself into her pocket and pulling out the shiny ring. “You have a time limit after that, five or so minutes, before you detransform automatically. I’ll need a recharge to continue on after that” he finished, placing the ring in her hands.

 

Juleka took in a deep breath, before nodding. She carefully slipped on the ring, it pulsed with power around her finger. she stared at the kwami one last time before yelling.

 

Plagg Claws Out.!

 

...

 

In seconds, Juleka was already dashing across the city scape. She grabbed her staff and swung it forward, it extended across two buildings like a bridge and she jumped onto it.

 

Her legs trembled as she attempted to balance and grinned wildly at her new found strength and agility. Her heart was pumping.

 

God. Never before had she ever felt so alive.

 

Rolling against the concrete roofs, and then leaping what felt like hundreds of feet in the air without no restraint— it was like everything had released. Everything felt powerful. Her muscles pumped with energy, and she grinned. Juleka never wanted this feeling of just raw excitement to leave.

 

Sure.. She sort of looked like some hot topic super hero, but she felt happy. In fact, she found her costume charming.

 

Lace wrapped around her arms and stopped at her wrists, where she wore fingerless gloves that went to around to the middle of her bicep. Her dull fingernails turned into newly painted claws, sharp and eager to make her go slicing.

 

An unzipped, sleeveless leather jacket with a hood and holes inside for her new cat ears to poke out of, was worn comfortably around her, plus Her shoes were molded into a cat paw design. So... Plagg being a cat seemed to not be just a ‘thing’, but an entire motif. Cool. She could work with that. 

 

Though she didn’t really acknowledge it at the moment, but she also had a long studded belt that extended to her knees that whipped around like a tail. Really emo. Hella awesome.

 

Underneath everything was a sleek black suit that covered her torso with black cargo pants with silver zippers. While looking at her new duds, Juleka noticed the new glimmering cat bell that hung around her neck with a bit of confusion, before ringing it endearingly. 

 

”I could get used to this..” She grinned, when suddenly she heard someone screaming. Juleka looked up, to find a screaming girl dressed in a red and black suit falling towards her. Juleka stood in shock, failing to dodge the body, they both toppled off her thin pole.

 

The yoyo, that girl somehow was swinging with, almost wrapped around her but Juleka flipped in mid air and fell onto the pavement instead. Holy shit.

 

She was pretty sure that her pole really high up, and a fall like that should’ve broke her bones. Looks like I have some durability.. that’s good. She thought to herself, as she stood to her feet.

 

”..m sorry sorry sorry I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you.!” The person who toppled her exclaimed,  Juleka looked at the new figure before her. The poor girl was wrapped up upside down in her yo yo. Beside the very skin tight ladybug super suit and mask, they looked.. very familiar.

 

”You must be the Ladybug Miraculous my Kwami told me about, looks like we’re partners..” Juleka spoke, pulling the girl back to the ground. “you had a pretty rough landing.”

 

”O-Oh Right..! I’m sorry..” Her new partner apologized again. Juleka’s ears flattened, (oh shit they move.!) she felt bad, but she soon smiled again.

 

”Don’t worry, I’m pretty tough” Juleka smiled, with an added wink. Wait. Did I just wink at her? That‘s weird. Juleka had never talked to anyone like that before. Even when she was most comfortable, she couldn’t bother being.. flirty? No, not flirty.. more like.. playful.

 

Maybe it was her new powers? She did feel oddly powerful in this. Maybe a little confident even. Juleka shook off her own shock. She stood tall and posed a friendly grin “What’s your name?” She asked.

 

”I’m Ma-“ The girl paused, struggling to pull her yo-yo down. “Ma.. uh Ma-“ suddenly Juleka felt the yo-yo fall on her face, she yelled out in pain, rubbing her head, luckily it brought down her staff. “M-madly clumsy.. sorry”

 

”Madly Clumsy? That’s an awfully funny name” Juleka joked, raising an eyebrow. She felt happy, maybe even mischievous in her own way. She had never been able to act like this before.

 

”Uh.. I mean.. I don’t have any code name yet or anything..” The ladybug superhero shyly said. Jeez.. now that I’m so seen.. I hope I’m not too intimidating.. my clothes are pretty punk and.. wait code name?

 

Juleka then recalled back to her Plagg’s warning about identities.

 

“Oh I forgot about that. Well I guess you should figure your name out then.. You can take your time with it since we’re both new though, but you can call me..” She fell silent, messing with her dyed hair. What should I call myself..

 

She snapped her fingers.

 

“..Panthera Noire!” Juleka offered confidently, flipping her bangs out of her face. “Rings nicely doesn’t it?”

 

Suddenly, a loud rumble interrupted their thoughts. Juleka watched in horror as another building toppled down. Any building could hurt her friends and family. Juleka bit back her fear as she rushed forward, she immediately scaled the building and was about to leap across the structures.

 

”W-Where are you going?!” Her new partner cried, Juleka turned around.

 

”To save Paris and the people I care about!” She shouted back

 

Ladybug stared at her with wide, awed eyes. Juleka smiled.

 

“Aren’t you as well?” She asked, before taking her leave, grinning as she heard the ladybug close behind. 

...

 

It seemed Juleka arrived at the scene on time, as she saw Stoneheart running after Kim, roaring in anger. She looked down at the tremendous height she would fall and with a deep breath, she leaped down onto the field and swung Kim out of the way of being crushed.

 

She stood up shakily. Holy shit I just did that.. Juleka looked towards Kim, who stared at her in awe and terror before running. Juleka looked up, some of her other classmates were here as well, watching in horror at the scene.

 

”Shouldn’t you pick on someone your own size?” She yelled, before dodging another slam. Her head screamed for her to run, but she found herself high off the adrenaline instead. Her muscles aching but still bursting with energy.

 

However, despite having the craziest time of her life, it was nearly impossible to fight back alone. 


Juleka stumbled back, before jumping onto the Beast’s arm and attempting to smash its head in. She front flipped off of him, almost laughing about how much more daring she was with her agility, before paling in horror that Stoneheart only grew bigger.

 

”Damn it.!” She yelled, as she retreated back more and more, the earth shaking as Stoneheart continued his attack. Somewhere along, she dropped her staff, causing her to become more frantic.

 

He grunted angrily, then suddenly picked up a large metal goal post, and threw it at her. Juleka couldn’t move, her eyes widened. Her heart was pounding out of chest, as she felt as if time had slowed down as the goal slowly came closer and closer

 

That’s when she remembered her power. Juleka’s hands were trembling.

 

She had to..!

 

Juleka lifted up her hand towards the goal.

 

C-Cataclysm.!” She screamed. Her claws pulsed with a black energy. It was icky and almost a vibrant purple, as a gust wind had pushed against her- disheveling her long hair.

 

The goal collided into her hand, but before she could be crushed by it, the metal cracked at her touch and it corroded into dust within a matter of seconds. Juleka wheezed, the adrenaline was slowing down, and she felt her life flash before her eyes.

 

Five minutes..! Her timer.. She only had about.. her ring started to beep at her. 


“S-Shit.!” 

 

“Looks like your time is almost up..” The monster growled, approaching her menacingly. Juleka dodged another blow. Panic spread through her as she realized she was still completely alone.

 

”P-Partner where are you?!” She screamed, all of her confidence had drained away. “Partn-“

 

Juleka was then grappled in the giant’s fist. He began to slowly crush her within his hand. Pain bubbled out of her throat, whilst she screamed in agony

 

She couldn’t pay attention in the next moments, there was only the constructing grasp of Stoneheart. All alone-

 

Suddenly, she was pulled back into the air and onto the ground.

 

Juleka took in the fresh air with big gulps, before looking up and seeing the worried gaze of the spotted hero.

 

”I’m sorry I took so long.. I was scared of messing up.. but I’m here now.” The newbie said. Juleka hissed in pain, this would leave bruises..wait did I just hiss?

 

”N-No sweat, though I guess you couldn’t bear to see me alone” Juleka smirked, standing up, when did I get so smug? I literally was getting crushed to death five seconds ago She thought. “We still gotta finish up the iron giant over here though..”

 

The red hero shook her head ”Not like this.. he grows every time he gets hurt- so we need to deal with this some other way” Her partner spoke thoughtfully, the ground rumbled with every step Stoneheart took. 


“I only have five minu-“ her ring beeped “.. make that four minutes left before I loose my powers, I had to avoid getting crushed by that goal.”

 

”Up to me then..”

 

Her partner was lost in thought, this finally gave Juleka some time to look at her fellow hero. The fact that she looked so familiar irked her to no end. She really shouldn’t try and figure her partner’s identity out, but her screaming intuition didn’t help.

 

”I’ll try and use my powers then” Her partner spoke up, before lifting her arm “Lucky Charm!” A bright light flashed in front of Juleka, she had almost hissed in response. Again?! Do I just hiss now? She didn’t have time to think about it as Her partner lifted up a.. scuba suit?

 

”Right.. nice power.. so what are we doing?” Juleka deadpanned. We’re fucked.

 

“My kwami told me we have to find and break the object that the akuma is hiding in.. whatever that is..” Her partner said, suddenly her partner got a funny look on her face, swerving around and staring at certain objects. “It’s in his right hand, we won’t open it, it’s gotta be in there!”

 

Juleka looked around them. Absolute chaos, just how her mom liked it. She could see the cowering figures of her classmates, staring at her in awe. She took in a deep breath, then exhaled. She nodded to the shorter girl.

 

”Alright I trust you, what’s your plan?”

 

The other girl stared at Juleka, before grinning. Hastily, she stuck a hose on the ground into the scuba suit and suddenly wrapped her yo-yo around Juleka’s legs.

 

”Eh?”

 

”Thank you for trusting me Panthera Noire!” Her partner said, as Juleka was suddenly flung through the air by her feet. She screamed in horror as she was thrown at the hulking rock monster. Stoneheart grabbed her again midair. 


“What the hell is your plan!?” Juleka exclaimed.

 

”Catch me if you can!” Her teammate’s voice echoed through her thoughts. 

 

Juleka watched as in a matter of seconds, the monster dropped an object from his hand to grab her partner’s flying body. She winced, as she saw the creaking stone hand caught her.

 

”Alya the tab!” Her partner yelled. The reporter girl far away had ran to the end of the hose and turned the water on full blast. The monster’s hand released in surprise as the scuba suit inflated.

 

Juleka smiled, she was in absolute awe as her partner jumped out of the Stoneheart’s grip and crushed the.. Akuma? Yeah that’s what it was called. A small black butterfly fluttered out of it and into the sky.

 

The hopeful feeling of inspiration was familiar..

 

Suddenly, with a burst of purple, Juleka landed hard on the ground, across from her was a normal Ivan. She dusted herself off as her ring started to beep again.

 

”Shit.. barely two minutes left.” She muttered, as she turned to see her partner consoling Ivan.. as she somehow knew her classmate’s name?

 

The cogs in her brain started to turn, but before she could make a conclusion, Alya had ran up to her team mate, begging for an interview.

 

”..Are you going to protect Paris from now on? How’d you two get your powers? Did you get stung by a radioactive ladybug?!” Alya exclaimed, holding her phone up in front of her. Juleka couldn’t help but shrink back, she felt.. ignored. 

 

Regardless if I’m a super hero or a boring girl I’m still invisible.. She cursed to herself.

 

“I’ve just got a ton of questions to ask you Miss.. uh Miss..” Alya blabbered on before looking at her partner with a waiting gaze, The ladybug hero looked at Juleka desperately, She raised an eyebrow and motioned to the camera.

 

”Well partner, don’t leave her hanging” Juleka grinned weakly. Despite her awe and pride in her partner, Juleka couldn’t help feeling sad, maybe disappointed.

 

Maybe if I was stronger..

 

She ignored her guilty thoughts, before looking up supportingly at her teammate. 

 

“Ladybug, you can call me Ladybug!” Her partner grinned, before swinging away. Juleka sighed a bit, before remembering.

 

”W-Wait Ladybug! You’ve gotta use your,. Oh never mind.” Juleka’s voice died.

 

You can remind her next time to use her cure, it's possible she doesn't even know what it is. But then again, I’m not sure if her cure will fix the damages that happened specifically now if we wait though. She eased herself softly, thinking over it.

 

But what if- Luka still might be hurt. She panicked. Juleka still didn’t know what happened to her older brother, as fear started to overwhelm her again. Her eyes squeezed shut. Calm down,, you don’t know that yet..

 

Her ring beeped again, one more minute left.! She had to get out of her before-

 

”Wait Miss Panthera Noire I’ve got questions for you too!” Alya exclaimed. Juleka’s eyes widened. 

 

”M-Me?” Alya nodded excitedly. She nervously looked at her ring and then the reporter. Her heart swelled, before she smiled confidently again “U-Uh- ahem.. I don’t got the time right now, but I promise miss.. civilian that I’ll get you a private interview soon!”

 

Alya squealed in delight, as Jule- no, Panthera Noire leaped out of the stadium. Her heart was beating so fast, She barely had time to land as she detransformed. Her hair blew in the wind, as she stared down at her ring. Her heart still pumping as Plagg flew around her.

 

”Good job Kitten! A successful first mission!” Plagg said, before grinning “I think I deserve my Camembert cheese for this!”

 

”Sure Plagg..” Juleka smiled, and for once, she felt proud of herself. 


“I mean, you held that guy single handedly and you were super brave” Plagg complimented.

 

”R-Really?” Juleka grinned. Plagg pat her head and nodded.

 

“Sure! Ehhh but hey wait, I gotta ask, did you see if Ladybug captured the akuma?”

 

...

 

When Juleka rushed home, she barely beat her mom and Luka, as she leaped back into her room through the window. She quickly faked doing homework and was met with Luka coming in along with her mom.

 

”Ahoy Juleka! We’re back! I found her brother with a rescue team!” Anarka smiled.

 

”Luka you’re okay!” She exclaimed, hugging her brother tightly. “Oh thank god you’re alive, I saw you in a collapsed building on the news and I was fucking terrified you jerk.!” she punched his shoulder slightly.

 

He laughed, he was a little scraped up, but he was in one piece. He parted the hair from her face.

 

”I’m glad I’m okay too- Did you see those new heroes? Apparently their names are Ladybug and Panthera Noir” He mentioned. Juleka nodded. Of course I know, I’m one of them.. she replied in her head.

 

He couldn’t know. No one could. For their own safety.

 

”I can’t believe super heroes exist now..” she spoke, Luka nodded tiredly. 

 

”It’s been a long day.. I’m gonna go rest in my room for now” He smiled weakly, ruffling her hair.

 

”I’ll get yer dinner started” Anarka grinned, waving a spoon like a sword. She smiled, she was happy. They’re here and both alive..

 

But as the family parted, Juleka’s smile dropped, as guilt washed over her again. She remembered the stomach twisting memory.

 

“..Did you see if Ladybug captured the Akuma?”

 

”Capture the akuma?” Juleka’s eyes widened. Plagg’s expression dropped, he groaned

 

”Dang it, did Tikki not tell her chosen one what to do?” Plagg said, “Akuma’s can multiply! If they aren’t captured and purified by Ladybug, they can infect other people! Plus, if that Ivan guy gets akumatized again- he’ll be able to control whoever’s infected! It’ll be an army of stone people!”

 

Juleka didn’t need to see the tv as the multiple rock monsters appeared all over the news broadcast. This wasn’t over.

 

She gripped her ring tightly. She needed to save the city. To keep her family safe. To keep Rose safe. For this mission wasn’t a success.

 

So much for a first day of school.. she thought, as she turned back to her room

 

Panthera Noire had to be brave. Because if she faltered for a single moment, she felt as if her world would collapse. This wasn’t just superheroes and villains. This was more, she could feel it. She could only ask. What’s going on..

 

...

 

Ladybug, you can call me Ladybug!” Adrien watched in awe at the super hero on his computer. Oh god she was incredible.

 

”Ladybug.. her name is Ladybug!” He was definitely a fan now. Whoever’s behind that mask, she must be incredible.. he thought happily, his father finally let him go to school, and he despite being attacked by a giant rock monster during the day, he was happy.

 

Super heroes! Friends! Something other then the empty halls of his mansion!

 

He looked happily at his computer, before following the Ladyblog with a click.

 

Notes:

3/27/2020

Hi I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! This is gonna be on going, and I’ll try to connect episodes together but thanks to our little switch of roles here, there will be differences. I hope to keep this chapters long so sorry if updates don’t come much, I have a lot of other Ongoing fics and the i gotta work on school work at home due to the you know what virus.
Oh yeah! And if you want to see the Juleka design by GinjaNinjaOwo that inspired this whole fic, though I’ve made my own design now so not to copy, a link to the original artist’s Twitter is right here: https://twitter.com/ActuallyRea/status/1240323879664603136?s=20
Rea’s art inspired me to write this whole fic based on the Juleka with the cat premise she’s really cool. Go support her. She’s like, my hero.

 

9/16/23
Heyyyy so uh. This is the first chapter of a very long fic as you might tell and I started this when I was first learning how to write. So as the writer now on chapter.. 71 currently as I make this lil updated notes- I'll be honest and tell you it's gonna take a bit for the quality to go up. I uh- it's-I was learning a lot!! SJelkeslkjese
But.. I just wanna thank you for giving this a shot and I hope if you continue to read, you'll see what this fic has to offer! I love this fic. I've loved writing every word, and I hope that if you're here and starting out this somewhat saga- then- I hope you enjoy it too.
Also follow me on my tumblr https://www.tumblr.com/justanotherpersonsuniverse if you wanna see actually updated art especially on Panthera's design lol.