Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Todo lo que puedo llegar a OLVIDAR
Stats:
Published:
2019-12-31
Updated:
2023-07-04
Words:
58,111
Chapters:
28/?
Comments:
93
Kudos:
556
Bookmarks:
157
Hits:
17,102

Disciple of the Dragon

Chapter 24: Uncle part 3

Chapter Text

...

The drive to his uncle wasn't that a weird thought apartment was made in mostly silence. He had only met the man that day and now he was going to be living with him. How did his life turn on its head so fast? Why couldn't he have a normal life?

Every time Tsukauchi tried to make conversation Izuku would simply look at him with dull eyes. They nearly made him flinch and focus back on the road. Izuku doubted that this man wanted a teenager. He was sure there was no one else to take him and being an officer it was forced on him.

If Chun was still around he might have been able to take it over. Izuku was his disciple after all. Then again Yoochun could have tried as well. Izuku wasn't sure if that would end in bloodshed or not. Both men were possessive of what they considered theirs. Then again Yoochun had abandoned him years ago while Chun was just months.

Izuku raised a hand to rub at his chest. It still hurt to think of that night Chun had to leave. He had been meant to go with him of that Izuku was sure. If Yoochun hadn't appeared when he did Izuku would have gone too. He made his choice between his masters in helping one escape the other. In doing so nearly cost him everything. He had been going to live his life as normally as he could. There wasn't much time for him and he knew it. Already he began looking for possible people to hand over One For All to. It was obvious that ki and quirks did not work in tandem easily. Only those who had been doing it their whole lives would have success. If he was only going to have a year (at best) then he would become a hero under his own power, not a borrowed.

Looking at his classmates he had already decided no one there could get One For All. They wouldn't understand the responsibility and Izuku knew there were things All Might hadn't told him. Such as the reasons behind the deaths of the others. Izuku wasn't stupid he knew that none of them had died natural deaths. Nana had died at an unknown villain's while All Might was still in training.

The SUC was his current problem, however. They had killed his mother and were tarnishing his master's name. Murim already didn't like Chun for one reason or another. What these people were doing was making it worse. Before he died he would stop them. No matter what it took.

A gentle shake of his shoulder startled Izuku out of his dark thoughts. Startled green eyes stared into the dark eyes of Tsukauchi. Pain was still there along with heartbreak but he was trying hard to hide it. Why? They didn't know each other so he shouldn't feel the need to be anything special for Izuku.

Slowly Izuku left the car to find that they were in front of an apartment building. It had three-four floors had many of them had small balconies. From the outside, it was a nice place. He could see bushes that were well maintained around the outside. There was easy access to the main street as well. Convenient for going to work or school.

With a hand on Izuku's shoulder, Tsukauchi led him into the first apartment building. They went passed the stairs to a door on the right. This was unlocked by a key on Tsukauchi's keyring. This led into a small room where they removed their shoes and Tsukauchi took off his coat and hat. From there they headed into a living room. It was a fairly simple design with a wooden table in the center. At the table were two chairs with cushions. On it was a bunch of paperwork that almost made him smile. Someone was a workaholic.

To his left, he could see a set of stairs and almost started for them but stopped. This wasn't his house he shouldn't wander without permission. No matter how curious he was.

Tsukauchi noticed his interest and said warmly, "You can go up the stairs. The only thing up there is in my bedroom and the two guestrooms. My room is the first on the left and the two-bedroom on the right are guestrooms. You can choose whichever you like for your own. One has its own bathroom and the second on the left is another bathroom. I'll get us started on something to eat."

With a nod, Izuku did just that.

...

It was half an hour after they had arrived at Naomasa's apartment that he noticed how quiet it was. Normally his apartment was quiet because he lived alone. This was too quiet for having someone new in the place. Floorboards that not even Toshinori who stays over when he's in town could avoid weren't making a sound.

Please tell him his nephew didn't sneak out within his first hour. If he did Sansa would never let him live it down. Carefully he took the food out of the oven and placed them on a hot pad. Then he walked up the stairs and checked the first door. It held a queen-sized bed and a desk. Other than that it was empty. So Izuku hadn't chosen that room.

He moved down the hallway to the second door. It was slightly ajar and he looked in and gasped. Inside Izuku was on the floor sitting in a meditative position with his hands just under his belly button. Naomasa could see his easy slow breathing. That wasn't what had made him gasp, however.

Naomasa as a member of the police department knew about Murim and the ki that they used. Every year they had a session on how to identify a ki attack versus a quirk attack. Few outside of the department could recognize the difference. Fewer still could recognize the use of ki as it was being used.

No matter whether or not a person could recognize it for what it was. There was no mistaking the pressure that encompassed anyone who entered the room. It took his breath away and felt as if someone was sitting on him. He could not mistake what it meant. Izuku was a member of Murim.

Even someone untrained in sensing ki would be able to tell. How had his nephew received training to be this good? There was no doubt he had the control of someone far older. Anyone, his own age would have their ki lashing out at an unknown intruder during meditation. Controlled power was always more deadly than straight power.

Naomasa had many questions that he wanted to ask. He knew he couldn't unless Izuku brought up his time in Murim. It was against custom and he could make an enemy of whoever was teaching him. So all he could do was wait.