Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Todo lo que puedo llegar a OLVIDAR
Stats:
Published:
2019-12-31
Updated:
2023-07-04
Words:
58,111
Chapters:
28/?
Comments:
93
Kudos:
556
Bookmarks:
157
Hits:
17,102

Disciple of the Dragon

Summary:

Izuku Midoriya is seen by the hero world as a quirkless nobody who has an impossible dream. To the world of Murim he is the Dragon's disciple. A rare student marked by not one but two masters. Carefully he keeps his bloodline hidden so not to insight war. His goal: to become the first quirkless hero. That was until the man he looked up to stepped in.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: All Might part 1

Chapter Text

A/N This is my hero academia/the breaker/veritas crossover. If you are not familiar with the mangas I would highly recommend them.

Warnings: eventual male/male.

Izuku's POV

Dodging left he avoided the punch meant to break his jaw. It seemed Chun was not going easy on him today.

Han Chun Woo was his mentor and master in the Murim side of the world. In their world, there were two sides to life. The heroes and villains than the Murim. Most people didn't realize this as the only ones who knew belonged in Murim.

Izuku was one such person. When he was told he didnt have a quirk his dreams of being a hero were crushed. Everyone said that he would never get anywhere as a quirkless.

That was when Yoochun Lee found him. The man with midnight black hair and piercing blue eyes. He gave the Izuku a way to not only have a chance at being a hero but to no longer be bullied. Few would dare lay a hand on a child of Murim. Fewer still would lay a hand on the Lightning Tiger's disciple.

Yoochun Lee was the Lightning Tiger. One of the Five Heavenly Ways Masters. At the time he agreed he was only seven. In three years' time, he would be abandoned by his first master. It would take several more years for Izuku to understand why.

As he would learn there were Five Heavenly Ways Masters. They were created to counteract another group. The Guardians were born from one Murim parent and a parent with a quirk they were more dangerous than any villain. The world had never seen anything like them.

Each Guardian was marked by a band and an animal mark on their wrist. While the Heavenly Ways Masters were marked by a colored band.

Guardians were only inherited by blood. Their power only activated after great emotional distress. It was said that the last group lost their minds and became worse than villains.

Heavenly Ways Masters chose their successors. The powers were passed from master to student. A ritual was performed to mark the student. It was derived from traditional Murim rituals.

The rule of one master one student. That was the way the Traditionalists. Another group was known as the Reunion. He didnt know much about them other than they believed in sharing techniques that belonged to one master or clan.

Currently, Izuku's back bore two creatures marking him the disciple of two masters. Across the left side of his back was a roaring black dragon with nine brown spines going down it's back. On the right side of his back was a white and black striped tiger surrounded by blue lightning.

Han Chun Woo stood in front of the green-haired emerald-eyed boy. Master and student. They had only known each other for a few weeks but the training was beginning to show. Chun was determined to make him the next Goomoonryong or as others called him the Nine Arts Dragon.

Depending on who you asked people said that he was a hero. Others said that he was a villain. To Izuku he was a man who believed in him. With his guidance, the boy would become a hero.

According to Chun, it should not have been possible for him to possess both the power of the Guardian and the Tiger. While they both were of the lightning element the beasts were enemies. It was why the Heavenly Ways Masters were created. To defeat the Guardians. Not to make one their disciple.

Izuku's body should have rejected it. Instead, it accepted the power into his body as if it was always meant to be there.

It was what drew Chun to him in school. A kid without a quirk with two beasts clashing inside him and no teacher to help him master them.

That was what led them to this point sparring in a little-used part. Honing Izuku's basic fighting skills. Izuku had the basics down from his three years under Yoochun. With little actual battle experience, he had a long way to go.

His days were spent sparing and workouts. They were building up his body to handle the amount of ki his Guardian held. Otherwise, he would lose his mind when it activated.

Some thought it was if a Guardian activated. Chun taught him differently. It was always a matter of when. Once you bore the mark you could not escape it. Except through death.

Izuku had no intention of dying he would become the first hero without a quirk. To do that he had to master his ki.

His attention was drawn back to the fight as Chun lunged at him again. When the green-haired boy tried to pivot away a foot hooked itself behind his knee. He crashed to the ground. His head cracking against the hard earth.

Looking up as he blinked away the stars that had exploded behind his eyes he found Shiho standing. Her black hair was tied up for the first time since she came to town. A playful grin was etched across her face directed at Chun.

For his part, the man scowled at her. If anyone else saw this they would think the two adults were enemies. Izuku knew better.

Despite the near-constant arguing between them Shiho and Chun were like two lovesick teenagers. Chun had lost everyone he was ever close to so he kept her at arms distance. Appearing to be cold and hateful when he wanted nothing more than to return her affections.

Shiho, on the other hand, wanted to prove that loving him didnt bring disaster to everyone. Slowly she had begun to get under his guard. It would be a while before she fully succeeded.

By that time Chun and Shiho would have left. They were only in town temporarily. Some kind of mission for a group they worked for. Izuku didn't ask. You couldn't give away secrets that you didnt know after all.

"Shiho sensei," he grumbled, "That wasnt fair."

She grinned back at him as she replied, "Life won't ever be fair to you, Izuku. You must learn how to stand on your own two feet. Sense when you are no longer alone."

Izuku sighed as he nodded. Another lesson to be learned. She was right life wasnt fair and if he wanted to survive the world of Murim he would have to learn.

Neither the Murim Alliance or the villains he would face as a hero would give him quarter. He had to learn this lesson while it was still training.

Chun sighed in his scratchy tenor, "Give me four laps around the town then call it for the day. Shiho and I have something to do tonight. Call Alex if there is an emergency."

"Yes sensei," he answered before taking off without waiting for an answer. Goodbyes weren't the man's style.

Running through the city had become a routine for him. Train and spar then run the city. He always brought his book on heroes with him. More often than not he ran across fights between heroes and villains. He would make notes on each then continue with his run.

The city was quiet all things considered. The sky had turned orange and red as he was finishing his final lap around the city. Given his focus on his training, he was grateful for the quietness.

Until the ground shook with a ferociousness that could only come from a villain. Whoever it was they had to be powerful.

As he stepped out into the alley he found a hoard of people standing a police line. A green slime-like villain was lashing out in an alleyway. Fires had erupted in the buildings around the alley.

Three heroes were trying to battle it but weren't having much luck. Their quirks weren't suited for fighting this villain. His emerald eyes searched over the green villain. There was something familiar about how it caused explosions.

The green mass swirled as if something was trying to escape. That was when he saw a body with white hair and piercing angry red eyes. He knew those eyes. Kaachan!