Actions

Work Header

Hallow-Queen

Chapter 3: King of the pumpkin patch (Gwilym Lee)

Notes:

Hello hello hello!
I'm back again I know you all missed me ;P
So here is my third instalment of the Hallow-Queen one shots. This time I present to you, Mr Gwilym Lee!
Warning now, at the end of the chapter there is mentions of a minor injury, and blood. Nothing extreme or gory so don't worry! But I just wanted to give you all a heads up!
Thank you everyone who has taken their time to read these little one shots, I truly hope you have been enjoying them as much as I have been!
Also, this one isn't as Halloweeny as the other two, but I had so much fun writing it, so I hope that will be alright!
I would love to hear what you all think, and if you have any requests, feel free to leave a comment!

Peace and love <3 <3 <3

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

You crank the wrench one final time, before pulling yourself up into a standing position, your hands firmly planted on your hips as you gloat over the newly assembled bedframe. It had taken you the better part of the afternoon to put the frame together, but it was now complete, and that knowledge filled you with a sense of pride.
As you had assembled the bed, Gwilym had spent that time bringing in boxes from the truck you had hired for the weekend. After winning two out of three thumb wars, you had decided, as the victor, to stay put and do the manual labour of bed making, as Gwil was stuck with walking up and down four flights of stairs, carrying more and more boxes with each trip.
You hear his grumbling from the living room, and turn away from the bed, there’s nothing more you can do with it now anyways, you’ll need help shifting the mattress on top of the frame. You follow the sound of your boyfriend’s grumbles, and find him squatting beside one of the sofa’s you had recently purchased, his hands buried behind the coffee table sat to the right of the sofa.

“Is everything alright babe?”

Gwil looks up and over his shoulder at you, the crease between his eyebrows softening somewhat once he see’s you. “Sorry Y/N, just trying to get this damned lamp to work.” He sighs, before falling backwards to sit cross legged. “I think the power outlet doesn’t work.”

You walk up behind him, leaning down and looking behind the table at the offending power outlet. “There’s one in the laundry that doesn’t work either. We’ll have to get an electrician in to check them out.” You sigh, pulling away to you no longer crowd Gwil’s space. He grins up at you, though shows no signs of standing upright, likely too tired from the long day you had both just endured.
“Can you give me a hand in the bedroom?”

Gwil wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, a coy smirk gracing his lips. You can’t help but roll your eyes, reaching your hand down to offer him some help up. “I need help getting the mattress on the bed you idiot.” You chuckle, as his hand clasps around yours, and you brace yourself to pull him upright.

“You always ruin my fun.” Gwilym sighs dramatically, as he begrudgingly follows you into the bedroom.

“There will be no funny business in the bedroom until we have a fully functioning bed.” You deadpan, looking him directly in the eye, daring him to challenge you with a quirk of your eyebrow.

With a shrug, he follows you over to the mattress that had been propped up against the far wall, positioning himself at one end, as you do the same at the opposite. “All I’m saying, is that a mattress on the ground seemed to suit you just fine in college..” He trails off, not daring to finish his sentence when he spots the glare in your eyes.

“Gwilym Lee, either you help me set this bed up, or you will be sleeping on the couch for the unforeseeable future.” You don’t need to threaten him twice, and you grin triumphantly as he lifts his end of the mattress, just as you do the same, both doing a slow crab like shuffle towards the bedframe, before depositing the worn mattress onto it. “See, doesn’t that look so much better already!”

Gwilym simply shrugs, before flopping over backwards, collapsing against the comfortable bed. You had both agreed upon moving in together, that there were certain items of furniture you would need to buy new, the sofas for example. As the one you had in your old flat was so horrendously stained, you could scarcely recall the colour it had started as. Whereas the one in Gwil’s flat had belonged to his flatmate,  and Gwil was hardly going to ask for it, especially with it being as old as he was at least.
The bed on the other hand, you had both agreed yours was the most comfortable, and the mattress had the perfect indents for both of you now. Naturally, it had to come with you.
Gwil fell into his indent, just as you did the same, grinning at the familiar comfort. You roll onto your side, peering over at the tired Welshman. “What do you think, is this good luck, or bad luck?”

Gwil turns his head to the side, smiling at you tiredly. “Come again love?”

“Moving in together on Halloween, do you think it’s good or bad luck? I’m thinking good.”

He pauses to ponder your question for a moment, then rolls to his side, coming face to face with you. “Well, I get to live with you, so I’d say good too.” He grins, stretching his arm out to reach for you, encircling it around your waist and pulling you closer. You happily oblige, and curl up under his chin, breathing in deeply, and find yourself being lulled to sleep by the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.
“Do you know what time it is?” He whispers softly, his breath tickling against the shell of your ear.

The alarm clock you normally kept on your bedside table hadn’t been set up yet, as it likely sat in one of the moving boxes still. “No clue, my phone ran out of charge hours ago.” You hum quietly.

Gwilym nods softly, wrapping his arms closer around you, before the loud buzz of your intercom echoes from the kitchen. “Must be five…”

You pull away slightly to look up at him, his stubbled chin brushing against your forehead as you move. “How do you figure that?”

The intercom buzzes again, then a third time, whoever was on the other end was becoming more and more impatient. “We told the guys to get here at five, so unless we have some other unexpected visitor, then it’s five, and we now have company.”

You struggle to keep your eyes open, the exhaustion of your busy day hitting you now that you had finally stopped. “The guys?” You mumble, rubbing your palm against your eyes, and smearing your mascara.

Gwil rolls off the bed, smiling down at you softly. “Ill give you a few minutes to get moving, I’ll go let them in, before I’m assuming Joe, breaks the intercom.” He chuckles, the incessant buzzing having become a rather obnoxious background noise at this point.
He makes his way through the apartment rather groggily, pressing the button on the intercom on the kitchen wall. “May I help you?”

There’s a few seconds of bickering, before the ever reasonable voice of Rami speaks up. “Hey mate, it’s just us. Sorry for the buzzing, you can thank Joe for that.”

“Ben was the one who was holding my hand on the buzzer!” Joe protests loudly, causing Gwilym to flinch away.

“No idea what you’re talking about buddy.” Ben replies, an audible smirk coming through.

Gwilym shakes his head, before pushing the other button, granting the group access to the apartment. “Come on up.” He turns away from the intercom, moving too quickly for his tired brain to keep up. He stumbles, and grabs onto the kitchen counter, knocking a glass of water onto the floor in the process. “Fuck. Y/N, can you get the door please!” He calls out, tiptoeing around the shattered glass, trying to recall where you had both agreed to keep the dustpan and broom.

You shuffle out of the room, the sweaty oversized shirt you had been wearing all day now replaced with a knitted sweater you had made. It had taken you nearly a year to complete, and had somehow ended up three sizes too big, despite you following the pattern precisely, though you were so proud of completing it, you insisted on wearing it as often as possible.
The door swings open, and you’re greeted by Rami, Ben and Joe, all holding bags stuffed to the brim with goodness knows what.
“Hello boys.” You grin, the sleepy feeling that had overtaken you moments before, vanishing at the sight of your friends.

Joe pushes in through the door, barrelling Rami out of the way to wrap you up in a tight hug, peppering your cheeks with kisses. “I must say Y/N, that is a fabulous sweater!”

You laugh in his harms, squeezing him back just as tightly. “Gwil hates it.” You had missed spending time with Joe, he always knew how to make you smile, and could lighten the mood no matter what.

“That darling, is because Gwilym has absolutely no fashion sense.”

“I heard that! And I don’t hate it, I just don’t much like the colour.” Gwilym calls from the kitchen, as he deposits the smashed glass into the garbage. Making his way out to the door to greet his friends.

“Now would likely be a bad time to tell you I’m making a matching one just for you.” You smirk, watching Gwil sigh deeply.

Joe moves over to Gwil, as Rami steps in, also wrapping you up in a hug as greeting, a broad grin showing off his pearly whites. Finally, Ben follows, slinging one arm across your shoulders, as he leads you both into the apartment, swinging the door behind the both of you.
“Long time no see love.” Ben grins at you.

Out of all the BohRhap cast, you and Ben had become the closest, and you would often be found sharing inside jokes with each other at cast gatherings. As the others had ‘Adult’ conversations, you and Ben would be playing I-spy, trying to make the other guess something embarrassing.
“Well that’s hardly my fault, you’ve been gone playing a big action star, Mr Michael Bay.”

Ben feigns hurt, as he releases his arm from around you. “Hey now, one of us has to bring home the bacon in this relationship.”

You tilt your head to the side, regarding Ben with a look of curiosity. “Ben mate, you’re in a very one-sided relationship with me, you know that right?”

Gwilym steps up behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist, and grinning at the blonde across from him. “Is Ben trying to cut in on us again?” He chuckles.

You can’t quite recall when this had all started, but at some point after Gwil started work on Bohemian Rhapsody, Ben had taken it upon himself to act as a better boyfriend for you, all in jest of course. The tabloids had gone wild when it had first started, the magazines all reporting that your relationship with Gwil was over, and you had chosen the much young Blond Brit to be your new Beau.
Of course the paparazzi only saw what they wanted to see. They took photo’s of Ben picking up takeout for two from your favourite restaurant, then entering your apartment. What they never saw, was Ben exiting through the back, leaving you and Gwil to have a romantic dinner together, away from the prying eye of outsiders.
You all played along with it, if Gwil way spending a day shooting, and Ben wasn’t needed on set, Ben would take you out to grab coffee, of course always grabbing a muffin to take back for Gwil. Though it was always Gwilym you went home to, and Ben would never try to change that. He had already self-appointed himself as wedding planner for the two of you.

“Wouldn’t dream of it mate.” Ben grins, as he follows the others further into the apartment, looking around the half-furnished home.

“Oh yeah, public service announcement! I just broke a glass in the kitchen, please everyone wear shoes if you go in there.” Gwil declares, everyone nodding their understanding.

Joe and Rami had set about placing all the bags the three men had brought on the kitchen counter, taking out their offerings of house warming gifts. “We figured you wouldn’t have had a chance to go grocery shopping yet, so we got you a few essentials to get you through for a few days. Plus things for tonight of course.” Rami grins, as he places a bottle of milk in the fridge, along with eggs, and places a loaf of bread in the pantry. Whereas Joe goes straight for the fun items. He retrieves two bottles of champagne, multiple packets of crisps, and Halloween candy.

“How much of this was Lucy’s idea?” You grin, taking Gwil’s hand in yours as you squeeze tightly, both of you thankful to have such caring friends.

Rami looks sheepish, before coming clean. “It was all her idea, except the champagne, that was all me!”

There was only one bag that had been left unopened, and Gwil raises and eyebrow at it. “What’s in that one?” He asks, causing Ben to sigh, and Rami to groan, before turning their attention to a grinning Joe.

“That right there, is the bag of shame.” Rami grumbles, as Joe reaches into it, wrapping his hands around a large object.

“We asked Joe to make a pumpkin pie, because pumpkins are all on sale at the moment, and he was boasting about having the best recipe for one.” Ben mutters, as he searches your cupboards for glasses of some kind. Ideally champagne flutes, but he would settle for red solo cups at this point.

With a triumphant grin, Joe pulls out an enormous pumpkin, cradling it happily. “I ran out of time to make a pie.” He simply shrugs.

“So, you decided to just bring an entire pumpkin instead?” You ask, clearly confused by Joe’s actions.

“I did, but I made it spooky at least!” Sure enough, Joe turns the pumpkin in his hands, facing it towards you and Gwil. And there on the front, in black marker, was a crudely drawn Jack o’lantern face.

“Joe, what the fuck are we supposed to do with the pumpkin?” You groan, pressing your forehead against Gwil’s shoulder, as he simply chuckles.

                                                                   *****************

 

The five of you sat around the living room, all sharing out the greasiest Chinese food you had ever eaten. There were eight containers all precariously balanced around the small, glass coffee table, all slowly spilling sauce onto the old piece of furniture. Though you couldn’t bring yourself to care, the wine had been flowing freely, everyone saying cheers to your and Gwil’s new home, and at some point, Ben had started mixing the beer Gwil had in the fridge, with a bottle of vodka he had found in one of your packing boxes. Needless to say, none of you were in the right sober state of mind to chastise the others for being messy in your new home.
You slowly pull yourself up off the floor, swaying on the spot for a few moments as your brain catches up with the rest of you. Gwilym looks up at you, a look of concern crossing his features, before you smile down at him, a silent reassurance that you’re okay.
“Does anyone want another beer?” You offer, looking around at your bordering on drunk friends. Eagerly they all nod, and you smile at them all, stepping over Joe who was sprawled out on the floor, playing with the loose threads of the rug.

Making your way into the kitchen, you feel almost as if you were floating, the buzz the alcohol had provided you, enveloping you in a warm, almost fuzzy like feeling. As you dance over to the fridge, the music playing through Rami’s phone making you groove, you lift your foot as a sharp pain shoots through your heel. “Fucking hell.” You mutter, before carefully placing your foot back on the ground. You brush the pain off as an intense case of pins and needles, from having sat in one position for too long. Thinking no more on it as you retrieve five beers from the fridge, returning to your group, albeit a bit slower than before, and you avoid putting any pressure on your heel.

You settle down on the couch beside Ben, dangling your legs over Gwil’s shoulders after you distribute the cold bottles, passing around the bottle opener so everyone could access the amber liquid.
Conversation flows freely between you all, everyone raising their voices so they could be the loudest person in the room, the assumption being, if you spoke the loudest then everyone would listen to what you had to say. This of course, had resulted in a screaming match between Ben and Joe.
“Guys! Shut up! We want our neighbours to actually like us!” Gwilym yells, his voice booming over everyone else’s. Ben and Joe look across at him sheepishly, their faces bright red.

You lean forwards, pressing your chin against the top of Gwil’s head, occasionally dipping down to press a kiss against his dark locks. Each time you do, he grins softly, losing his train of thought mid-sentence. He often found you to be rather distracting, but always in a good way.

                                                                   *****************

Gwilym was talking with Joe about a match between the Yankees and Red Sox they had gone to see a few months back, when a cold drop of something liquid hit his bare knee. Perhaps it was your beer, you had been holding it just above him a little while ago, maybe you still were?
He returned to his conversation, stilling as the same thing happened again, and then again. With a small frown, he looked down at his knee, his khaki shorts having ridden up slightly to expose the better part of his leg now. And there, right on his kneecap was a small pool of crimson. It took him far longer than he would care to admit to realise what he was staring at, blood, but not his blood?
His gaze turned to your leg, your foot resting above his knee, your bare foot at that, and he put two and two together.
Taking your foot carefully between his hands, he gently moved your ankle just enough to see the sole of your foot. Sure enough, there was a gash on your heel, where the blood had come from.
“Y/N, you’re bleeding.”

The words Gwilym spoke were said so matter of factly, you didn’t bother to question them, instead you just agreed, because if Gwil said you were bleeding, then you supposed you must be. You turn your gaze down to your foot, which still sat cradled between Gwil’s large hands, calloused from the moving you had just completed. You could just see a small amount of blood that had collected on Gwil’s fingers, and all you could think about, was ruining the cream rug bellow you.
“Don’t let that get on the rug.” You sigh, and Gwil just laughs, shaking his head softly.

Carefully he stands up, after untangling your legs from around him, much to your disappointment. “Stop pouting, we need to try and get you fixed up.”

The others seemed to register what was going on relatively quickly, and sprung to action as Gwilym made his way to the one of the boxes labelled ‘Bathroom’, he hoped there were tweezers somewhere in there.

Ben went about getting Ice out of the freezer, and placing it in a zip lock bag, wrapping it in a tea towel so it wouldn’t hurt your skin. Rami moved the food boxes off the coffee table, so Gwil would have somewhere to place everything once he returned, and Joe instructed you to lay down on the sofa, resting a pillow beneath your injured foot to keep it elevated.
“I forgot to wear shoes I’m sorry.” You sigh, keeping your eyes on Gwilym as he makes his way back over to you.

Gwil chuckles as he lifts your leg, and rests it in his lap, sitting beside you on the sofa now. “It’s fine Y/N, I’ll punish you later.” He smirks, as he cleans the wound with cotton balls, dipped in saline solution, clearing the blood away from the cut.

“Oooh, that sounds kinky.” You grin, sucking in a sharp breath as Gwilym prods around the wound with the tweezers.

“Is now really the time to be flirting guys?” Ben asks in exasperation, he was used to the two of by now, and he knew you both liked to flirt as often as possible, but he hardly felt like now was the right time!

You shoot Ben a side glare, just as the tweezers make contact with a shard of glass wedged in your foot. “Ho fucking hell!” You cry out, gripping the back of the sofa until your knuckles turn white. Gwilym pulls away, a worried look crossing his features.

“Right then, I guess that answers that question then.” He musses aloud, as you all turn your attention to him. “Sorry love, we need to get you to a hospital.”

You nod your head in understanding, despite not actually wanting to go. You had to agree with him though, if there was glass in your foot, then the hospital was the best place for you.
“I’ll call us an Uber.” Rami offers, before Joe jumps in.

“No, I will. Seeing as all I brought tonight was a bloody pumpkin, it’s the least I can do.”

“Yeah you lazy ass, you can get the ride.” You hear Ben tease, followed by the distinct noise of someone’s arm being slapped. You could only assume it was Joe who hit Ben, though you couldn’t be positive.

                                                                   *****************

 

The emergency department was packed with people in various stages of drunkenness, wearing all sorts of costumes. You felt sorry for the staff working tonight, you could only imagine how horrible working Halloween must been, you would surely see all matter of aliment.
Gwil checked you in with the receptionist, who told him there would be a wait of at least an hour, as you sat with Ben, Joe and Rami waiting for Gwil to return.
People had been giving you surprised looks, ever since you hobbled in through the double glass doors, Gwil supporting you as you made your slow way to take a seat. “What are they looking at? Never seen someone with glass in their foot?” You grumbled under you breath, earning a laugh from Ben, who was sat to your left.

“Love, I think it has something more to do with the fact that you just walked in with us…” Ben grins, as he takes his phone out from his pocket, as it buzzed with a new notification.

“Oh, of course.” You mumble, feeling oddly embarrassed. You often forgot just how famous these idiots you called friends, and your boyfriend actually were. To you, they were just regular people, but to everyone else here, they must look like deities!
Gwil makes his way back over to you, and takes the seat beside you which had been left vacant just for him.

“They said there’s a bit of a wait, but they’ll get to you soon.” He smiled, wrapping an arm around your shoulder, as you looked down at your bandaged foot. The bag of ice Ben had prepared for you slowly melting under the bright lights of the emergency room.

All around you were people dressed up for their spooky evenings, and you couldn’t help but chuckle as you saw some of the people. There was a small child, who sat with his mother, dressed as the green power ranger who had someone gotten a plastic Jack O’lantern candy bucket stuck over his head. Carefully nudging Joe’s side, you discreetly pointed to the child. “Is that you Joe?”

“Fuck you Y/N.” Joe laughs, swatting your side playfully, his smile remaining plastered on his lips. As the night wore on, and more and more people checked in through the Emergency receptionist, you leant your head against Gwil’s shoulder, wanting nothing more than to fall asleep, though you knew you couldn’t, surely you would be called through soon?

You blinked your eyes open as a Nurse called out. “Y/L/N.” She requested, just as the phone’s around you buzzed, Ben, Rami and Gwil all taking them out to check for their latest notification. You felt somewhat left out, but seeing as your phone had been left at home charging, you could hardly check your own notifications.
You followed the nurse into the treatment area, Gwilym staying by your side to help support you.

As you sat on the treatment bed, a Doctor came around to inspect your foot. Just like Gwil had done, he pressed around the wound, taking note of your reactions. “We’ll have to make a deeper excision to remove the shard of glass. Then have you stitched back up. Do you have any known allergies or reactions to anaesthetic?”

You answered the Doctor’s questions, before he moved away from your bed, to collect the necessary equipment to perform your minor surgery. “Hey, look at this.” Gwilym grinned, as he handed you his phone.

Gwilym had his Instagram open, and it took you a moment to fathom what you were looking at. “I’m going to kill him.” You sigh. Joe had posted a photo of you and Gwil cuddled together in the waiting room, with the caption,
@Y/N decided the best way to celebrate Halloween and her new apartment, was by buggering up her foot. Good one -_-‘

Gwilym wraps his hand around yours, grinning at you. “Hey, you should feel honoured. Rami thought it was important enough to log in and like his post!”

You roll your eyes, just as the Doctor returns, putting hand sanitizer on before slapping on a pair of gloves. “I change my mind about what I said earlier.”

Gwil looks at you curiously. “What do you mean?”

“Moving in on Halloween, I think it was very bad luck.”

“Maybe you’re just accident prone, and looking for something to blame that on?” You scowl at Gwilym sternly, earning you a hearty laugh from you boyfriend. “Alright fine, you’re right! It’s bad luck. We never should’ve moved in today!”

“That’s what I thought. Next year, lets go out for Halloween, that way there’s less of a risk of me hurting myself, yeah?”

“Either that, or you’ll hurt yourself worse.”

You pause and think over his words for a moment, nodding in agreement. “You’re right. Maybe we should just skip the entire day next year? Better to be safe than sorry.”

Gwilym leans against your ear, grinning coyly. “I can think of a few ways we can spend the day without really doing anything…. Or at least nothing to involves leaving the bed.”

Notes:

Thank you once again everyone!
Our next stop will be Rami Malek. Thank you for riding Air Roulette, we hope you have enjoyed your flight :)

Notes:

Well, i hope you enjoyed the sheer fluff this was!
Next chapter will be for the one, the only MR BENJAMIN HARDYYYYYYYY