Actions

Work Header

Dynasties

Summary:

Isla Nublar's Tyrannosaur reigns unchallenged after the fall of Jurassic World. However, when the Apex Predator of Sorna arrives to Nublar's shores, will Roberta be able to defend her dynasty, or be dethroned?

Notes:

Hello!

This will span from post Jurassic World to after the events in Fallen Kingdom.

I thought of the pairing, because why not?

Roberta/JP3 Spino with eventual young.

Chapter 1: A New Dawn

Chapter Text

The shores of Isla Nublar slumbered quietly in the gentle lulling of ocean waves that lapped upon its sand laden sediment, the ocean tide moving akin to a rhythm of breath. The sea breeze that blew inland from the ocean blue carried with it the scent of salt, which wafted through the treetops of the topics. The sun burned with a fiery haze, its brightness alighting the sea upon the horizon with flecks of orange and gold, the ocean illuminating in brief flickers of white light.

Dawn was rising upon Isla Nublar, the great shadow of Mount Sibo netting much of the island in darkness.

Upon Isla Nublar, Mount Sibo lay quiet, and dormant, a slumbering god awaiting the call of Armageddon. And when the volcanic god would awaken, Judgement Day for the denizens of Nublar would come, swift and terrible in the wrathful god's fury.

Until that time came, however, the beasts of Nublar resumed their continuous dance of life and death in the everyday struggle to survive for just one more breath.

All of Nublar's beasts, however, save for one.

Like the lulling of the ocean's waves mimicking a breath, in the early morning hour, Nublar's Tyrannosaurus Rex lay in slumber. Roberta lay in blissful sleep, her chest expanding with each inhale of breath, a rumble escaping her whilst she breathed. Upon exhaling, her body relaxed, falling slack, before resuming the cycle all over again. Her heated breath caused several grasses to weave to and fro in unison with her breath.

The female Tyrannosaurus' normally brown colored hue had dulled slightly with age, becoming a lighter shade. Her body sported scars-both recent-and from her youth, that formed a jagged map along both sides of her neck. Each scar sported a story to be told. And each one told of a battle that was won. Another day that saw an end, and another end that saw the birth of a new day.

Whilst Roberta slept, her tail swayed slightly-oh, so gently-her clawed toes fidgeting and a small clawed hand curling within itself.

It was then that the Tyrannosaur awoke-which was signaled by a change in breath. The Rex's amber colored eyes opened to witness the start of a new world, pupils shrinking to adjust to the light. Slowly, almost lazily, the female yawned, crushing maw agape, breath escaping her in white wisps in the morning dew. Roberta ceased her yawning, and then decided to clean her nostrils of build up-by sneezing. Globs of mucus flew from her nostrils in a spray, something the female was pleased at, for she could now breathe anew.

Then, as if weighted, the Tyrannosaur rose to her feet, lumbering form trembling the earth and bones popping and cracking.

In her age, it appeared as if getting up was quite a chore. At least when it came to laying still so long.

Regardless, Nublar's Tyrannosaurus Rex slowly moved off from her place of rest, stride slow, but dominating. Isla Nublar was her territory. Upon this island of death, she ruled as Queen. And none dared challenge her reign.

The Rex approached a small overlook, observing the wild land that she claimed as hers. Tilting her head towards the brightening skies, Roberta's nostrils flared, taking in the scent of her home. Then, mouth being cast agape, a roar of authority, and dominance ruptured forth from her gullet, thundering and loud. Her will echoed across the painted skies and valleys of her dominion.

A will none dared to challenge.

The birth of a new day brought forth another victory in her reign.

A new dawn, however, also foretold something else.

Never before had this happened.

Never was Nublar's Tyrannosaurus expecting thus:

Her call was answered.

A response rippled forth from the lands below her, haunting and harrowing in its shrill, yet challenging call. The roar echoed back, bouncing along the landscape of Nublar.

Never before had Nublar's Rex been threatened in power.

Now, however, her dynasty was threatened.

It was her rival's right to challenge.

It was her right to defend.


 

The shores of Isla Nublar lay scarred with the presence of footprints and long, vertical marks. These tracks were wrought by the sea.

Isla Nublar was so alike-yet so different-from Isla Sorna. This was something the Spinosaurus knew. The Bull's emerald eyes held a predatory glint within them, yet beyond that, was fatigue, and tiredness from his journey of battling the oceanic currents. His forearms were unable to be held up correctly, his claws dragging into the sands whilst he moved.

The sea water that was drying upon his brown scales with a reddish hue was leaving behind an unpleasant-and quite painful-white crush upon his hide. No part of his body was spared. Not his white underbelly. Not his vivid red, white and blue sail. Not his eyes-which were beginning to sting. Not his serrated jaws-for his mouth was now quite dry. Not his clawed fingers or toes-which would need to be cleaned.

For now, finding water, and a place to rest, was his top priority. Then, once his body had recovered, he could hunt.

The Bull sneezed, painful and dried salt erupting from his nostrils.

It was then, in his search for fresh water, that a roar was heard. It was a roar Sorna's Apex Predator knew well-for he had hunted-and even killed-several of the challenger's kin.

The roar was loud, thundering, dominating, echoing from somewhere up above in elevation.

And just like that, a switch was triggered.

Gone was the fatigue.

Gone was the thirst.

Gone was the pain.

Gone was the hunger.

Rather, there was only knowledge.

Knowledge that he was the predator.

And knowledge that the reigning Tyrannosaur was prey.

His prey.

Fire alighted within his emerald gaze

The Spinosaurus opened his maw, and answered. Harrowing. Shrill. His call seemed to shake the very earth.

It was his rival's right to accept challengers to her dynasty.

It was his right to dethrone.