Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Categories:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Stats:
Published:
2019-05-21
Completed:
2022-12-22
Words:
35,381
Chapters:
16/16
Comments:
3
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,213

Slaves and Warriors

Summary:

Rebellious and kind princess Pandora lives a strict, boring life in the kingdom of Mapplebarrow and dreams of a life where love is unconditional and not looked down upon. One day, after meeting a young man from a traveling band of former slaves, she discovers to her horror her father has planned on placing innocents, starting with her best friend, in execution for being themselves and has her placed in an arranged marriage against her will.

Unwilling to live her life without freedom, Pandora runs away in the middle of the night and gains a new name and a new family in the process of the former slaves that is a certain Hebrew and other freedom-fighters.

Notes:

A/n: this is an AU of The Prince of Egypt, and other movies and TV shows mixed put together.

Chapter 1: Prologue (rewritten)

Chapter Text

“You and your people have my permission to go.”  

Moses can still his voice echoing in his head, sadness and anger mixed with each other in his tone. His head hanging over his lifeless son, his hands not moving from the table where the boy lays on. He can remember seeing himself breaking outside the palace from everything that had ever happened for the past days, everything the slaves, his people, had gone through his whole life. He can remember walking out of Egypt with his people, Miriam, Aaron, and Tzipporah by his side. 

“Moses?” He turns to see his wife looking at him in worry, her hair slightly messy from last night. 

“Everything okay?” She asks him. He nods, his fingers rubbing the middle of his nose. 

“I’m fine, just had a rough sleep,” he sighs. 

He looks up at the ceiling of the tent, while the sunlight was coming through the small holes. He feels Tzipporah’s hand turn his face to look at hers and their lips connecting together. They stay that way before they heard a horn go off from outside the tent.

“What do you think is going on?” She asks him.

“We’re about to move again.” He gets up from the bed, Tzipporah following behind. 

The morning sunlight touches his skin and his clothes when he walks out of the tent that belonged to them. The sounds of people bustling and packing up their things and children running around reach his ears. He smiles a bit as he watches them enjoy their freedom for the first time since they left Egypt. 

“Moses!” 

He perks and went to see Aaron staring off in the distance, his eyes wide with terror and bewilderment. On the horizon, there seem to be groups of people heading towards the Hebrews’ direction. Only, they look different than the Egyptians. 

“You think they survived?” Aaron asks his brother. 

Moses squints his eyes and shook his head slightly. “No, someone else,” he answers. “Help Miriam and Tzipporah gather the rest of the Hebrews, don’t stop until you’re ready.”

“But what about you?”

“I’ll think of something,” he says after a moment of hesitation. 

Aaron wants to argue whether to go with him to confront the new strangers, but he immediately understands by the look of his face that the Hebrews’ survival is more important than his, so he went back and starts to gather the people to pack up. 

Moses keeps on gazing at the strangers who are coming closer than before, making the Hebrews suddenly grab their things faster, every second becoming tense. By the time they finally have collected their belongings, the foreigners are clear enough for Moses to see. 

The ones in the front look like two women, even though the cloak is covering the other’s face. The younger woman has curly-auburn hair tied in a ponytail, with no sign of cruelty or hatred in her sky-blue eyes. He looks at them with caution, wondering who they are and what their intentions are. A young man, the taller one beside him, steps forward, their hands held up to show they mean no harm. 

“It’s okay, we’re not who you think we are,” he says, rather nonchalantly. Moses squints his eyes and turns his gaze to the others behind the cloaked woman and her sister. 

“Who are you?”

“I’m Dean, this is my brother, Sam,” the shorter man responds, jerking his head to the taller one with neck-length hair. “We’re running away from somewhere, and we’re thinking you could help us.”

“We are going somewhere, as well, but we clearly don’t trust you. If they have sent you to take us back—“

“We’re not planning on taking you back,” the cloaked woman speaks up. 

Finally, she removes her hood, revealing her face. She pulls her hair back from the cape, and her eyes focus on Moses first, then the Hebrews, who stop to study the foreigners. Tzipporah, Miriam, and Aaron join Moses and stare in awe at them. 

“If I may ask, are you by any chance on your way to the Promised Land?”

“How did you know?”

“I could tell by the looks of your people that you are trying to get to somewhere. My name is Nabel, and my people and I believe we can work together.”

Chapter 2: Chapter 1 (rewritten)

Notes:

Warning: no warnings.

Chapter Text

Grabbing a slice of bread from the table, she took her cloak and tied it around her neck. Next, she took a basket and placed the bread and an apple in it. Angelina walked in the kitchen to see her young granddaughter heading out. 

“And where are you going, míjita?” Her voice caught Pandora’s attention, and she stopped her in her tracks. Her dress twirled slowly with her as she looked to see her grandmother standing with her arms folded. 

“I was just, um, going out with Raiven for today,” she answered, her hands and basket behind her back. “I was thinking that the kitchen needed more ingredients, and she was going to help me get them.”

“That chica again? And what of the slice and fruit you just took?”

“I was just grabbing some breakfast, I missed it this morning.” 

Laughing, Angelina walked to the cabinet and took out a small bottle of milk. 

“You should’ve told me about it earlier, míjita. It was a good thing I came here to get something.” She handed the bottle to Pandora in the basket and pecked both her cheeks. “How was your training going yesterday?”

“I’m improving. The only thing I need to do lastly is blocking an attack, and—you’re not talking about princess training, are you?” Pandora stared at her in confusion. 

“Don’t worry, míjita. If anything, you’re going to be a great warrior rather than a princess.”

“You’re not going to tell my father, are you?”

“I’m his mother-in-law. I don’t have to tell him anything. Now go on, sweetie. Raiven is probably waiting for you right now.” 

Pandora nodded in relief and ran out in an instant, successfully dodging the maids on the way out. 

Having been raised most of her life in the castle of Maplebarrow, Pandora was more than anxious to spend a day outside once in a while in the village with her childhood friend, Raiven. Despite her being a peasant, they used whatever free time they have to spend time with one another. While she worked as a quilt weaver alongside her mother and grandmother, Pandora was forced to attend classes on how to be a proper princess. Whenever she didn’t have any classes, she would spend the remainder of the day training herself with weaponry and archery, and defending herself; sword-fighting was her reliever, besides sketching at night before bed. 

While having defense lessons as a way to escape the boring life as a princess was a dream come true, the biggest one, even after her father had changed after her tenth birthday, was a long-term accomplishment: to allow someone to love another without judgment or fear. It wasn’t fair for them to be mistreated just because they’re in love with the same gender or someone who used to be one gender. 

Later on, Pandora had managed to find Raiven leaving the quilt shop as her mother had finished giving her a small fruit for later. 

“Raiven!” Her call had turned her attention from her mother to the princess, who embraced her in an excited hurry. “Oh, my god! It’s so good to see you!”

“Hey, Pandora. I’m really glad to see you too.”

“Good morning, Lady Denise. It’s great to see you again as well.”

“I’m really happy to see you too, your Majesty. I trust the quilt I gave you is comfortable?”

“Oh, I have to admit, it was much comfortable last night. Father wasn’t very pleased about it, but he let me keep it anyway.”

Lady Denise nodded, knowing how disapproving the king was for buying something from a peasant. “Your father used to be kind those years ago; now with the growing power, high taxes and your brother about to be king soon, he’s not the same man anymore.” Lady Denise sighed, remembering the kind king he used to be. “Yes, I wish he stayed that way years ago.” 

Pandora remembered the moment he had found out about her sword-fighting training. He wasn’t all too pleased about it, his own daughter, a princess, using a weapon. He had reprimanded her for almost two hours before Theresa and her grandmother both had shut down his scolding and praised her for the training. 

“Are you ready to go?” Raiven pulled her basket a bit closer to her. 

“Yep, I’m ready. I’ll see you later, Lady Denise.”

“Have a great time, Pandora. It was a pleasure seeing you again.”

The two girls spent the last two hours strolling around the village, picking up the groceries for the kitchen back at Pandoras home and items needed for Raiven’s mother’s quilt-making. The other two hours they spent chatting about the things that had happened to now another; Pandora had tried many attempts to start a conversation with her brother, but those attempts ended with her being shooed away by Todias or Connor. She understood he was preparing himself to be king, but she knew it had been so long since they played together as kids. She missed it terribly. 

Raiven, meanwhile, had created her first quilt, despite being an amateur. Her mother and grandmother couldn’t be any prouder. 

“Raiven, I’m actually impressed,” Pandora praised, her eyes filled with pride. “How did it take you anyway?”

“I lost count, but I think it took me about two days, more or less.”

“That’s pretty long.”

“I have a secret I have to tell you.” 

Pandora paused what she was doing to look at her friend. She was twiddling her thumbs and biting her lip, her eyes focused on the floor. 

“Is everything okay?”

“Do you know about the law?”

“What law?”

“You know, that law about… love.”

“Oh, yeah, that. I get it.” In truth, Pandora knows about the law; one which forbade someone to love another of the same sex. She hated that her father had made that law. She loathed it very much with all her life. “What about it?”

“…Can you promise not to tell anyone about it? Not even your family?”

“It’s okay, your secret’s safe with me.”

“I think… I may have, um, a crush on girls.” She responded, loud enough only for Pandora to hear. 

Her face instantly turned red when she revealed her confession. She slapped her hands across her face. The other girl’s cheeks became red, slightly as well. 

“Huh, that was not what I expected.”

“You said you won’t tell anyone about it?”

“Uh, yeah. Sure, I promise. Your secret’s safe with me, like I said.”

“Thank you, thank you so much,” Raiven sighed in tremendous relief. “I’m truly glad you’re the best friend I could ever have.”

“Of course,” Pandora replied, smiling. “So, who are you crushing on at the moment?”

“Remember that girl from the centre?”

“Yeah, I know her.” 

They prepared themselves to head back home for the day as they spoke about the crush the curly-haired girl had. 


She concentrated on the drawing at her desk until a sudden knock at her bedroom door caught her attention. She looked up to see Conner standing at the doorway. “Hi,” she said, surprised at her brother’s unexpected presence. “What are you doing here?”

“Hello, just wanted to check on my little sister. I’m hoping I’m not bothering you a bit?”

“No, not all. Though, I kind of missed you bothering me back then,” She mumbled the last part to herself. 

“How did the day out go for you and Raiven?”

“It was… interesting. She told me she had made her own quilt for the first time.”

“Wow, really?”

“Um, yes. She worked very hard on it for two days.” 

“That’s good for her. Her family must be proud of her.”

“Yeah, they are.”

“Anything else she had told you about herself?” 

Pandora paused for a moment, trying to think up an answer for that question. “Um, nope. She didn’t say anything else at all.” She was relieved and scared about telling him about her big secret. If she did, that would mean exile or worse…execution. She hated to see her friend being killed just for being herself. 

“Alright. Well, mum and dad had been waiting for you to come down. Supper’s been made a few minutes ago.”

“Already? Did they make tortellini alfredo again?”

“They did, just to let you know.”

“Well, tell them I’ll be down in a second.”

“Yep.” With that, Conner left the room, leaving Pandora alone to herself once more. 

She breathed a huge sigh of relief as soon as he was far from her door. “Oh, thank god.” 

She slapped herself internally for nearly telling her brother about her best friend and her secret crush. If she did, who knows what her father, the job, would do to her. Besides, it had been so long since her brother had talked with her, maybe 10 years, more or less. 

Pandora got up from her chair and headed down to where her family is waiting. “Well, what’s the worst that could happen, anyway?”

Chapter 3: Chapter 2 (rewritten)

Notes:

Warning: contains mentions of violence, nothing too major.

Chapter Text

“What?!” She gasped in horror and stood up from her chair in a flash, startling her mother, brother, and grandmother in the process. Todias remained still and calm. “I have to be married?! Now?!”

“You’re growing to be a woman of age,” he calmly stated. “Your brother has already chosen a bride for himself—“

“He gets to choose whoever he wants to marry but not me! That’s so unfair! Why can’t I make my own decisions?!”

“Pandora, we understand you’re upset about this ordeal,” Theresa chimed in. “But your father and I want what’s best for you.”

“Mum, it’s fine. I can take care of myself, thank you very much.”

“Pandora, as your father, it is my duty to make sure that you are suitable enough to find a husband. So I have invited our neighboring kingdoms to bring their princes for a competition tomorrow afternoon.” 

“Todias, don’t you think she’s too young to be a wife yet?” Angelina replied to her son-in-law. “She is barely eighteen years old. She could handle herself just fine. Besides, she’s not ready to be married yet, let alone hasn’t found a right man.”

“Mother—“

“Nana’s right, father,” Pandora spoke in before her mother could speak. “I’m not a little girl anymore. I can my own choices now.”

“I did not call you down here to argue with you, Pandora. The other kingdoms already accepted the invitations I have sent out, and they will be here tomorrow. Come morning I want you to be ready, and you must be presentable. I do not want you to dress up like a man.”

“But father—“

“Not another word, Pandora. I’ve called the maids in to help you get ready at dawn. And I certainly don’t that peasant friend of yours here either.”

“Father, please. She’s my best friend. Can’t she just come to that competition and watch? She won’t be any burden, I promise.”

“Todias, dear, please,” Theresa placed her hand on top of her husband’s. “Just let Raiven and her family come to the tournament tomorrow. After all, she is her best friend, they’ve known each other for years.”

Todias glanced at his wife, then his daughter, whose eyes pleaded with him to see reason. Finally, he sighed and stood from his chair, a small grin forming on his lips. “Very well. Tomorrow, Raiven and her family are welcomed to come to the contest. But should they cause trouble, they will be kicked out for the remainder of the day.” 

Pandora squealed and jumped in joy and raced over to hug her parents as tight as she could, then she ran upstairs to find something to wear for the next day, something that would hopefully satisfy her father. 

“I guess it’s best to call it a night,” Angelina stated and got up from her seat. “Goodnight, míjito.” Kissing Conner on the cheek, she trudged upstairs, slowly following behind her granddaughter. 

Conner looked up to where his sister’s room is, smiling softly at the thought of her being so excited. It had been a long time since he saw her smile with joy. 

“You miss your sister terribly, dear?” His fiancé, Karina, asked him that night as he stared out at the window of his quarters. She strolled over to where he sat and laid her hand on his shoulder; he stroked it gently. 

“She may have grown, but she’s still the girl I know.”

“I know it’s been tough not being able to spend no more than a moment with her. Preparing to be king, taking your parents’ place. She must be missing you more than you had her.”

“She couldn’t have. She probably has a lot on her plate right now. I just don’t want to interrupt her happiness, even when father tries to keep her straight.”

“One day, when you and I have a family of our own, you won’t have to raise them like your father had you and Payton. I know you, I know him, I know her. And I know that she will do great things one day. And that’s a promise.” 

Conner took Karina’s hand and pressed his lips against her knuckles. “I hope you’re right.”


The next morning, Pandora woke up extra early to get herself ready for the day. And it’s not just the contest; it’s seeing her friend again. 

With the help from her ladies in waiting, the princess carefully placed herself in the dress her grandmother had given her on her sixteenth birthday. She was surprised and excited that it still fits her like a glove. Her mother, father, grandmother, and brother are already waiting for her when she descended down the stairs, putting the best smile she can come up with. 

“I suppose you’re ecstatic that you will see her?” She nodded at Theresa’s quiet question. 

She laughed and played with her daughter’s hair. “After all these years, you’re still very excited and giddy as a child.”

The people of Maplebarrow came to the contest, about 3- to 400 villagers, Pandora had guessed, and she could tell they are about at happy and excited about the contest starting as her. 

Far from her seat, she can see a head of curly, ebony hair in front of a few villagers. She called out her name, and Raiven turned to see Pandora waving at her in joy. She waved back and gave her a thumbs up. 

“People of Maplebarrow,” Todias addressed the crowd. “It is my great pride and honor to welcome the contestants of the five kingdoms to participate in the competition.” 

As he introduced each of the five princes, Pandora stopped and her eyes landed on a boy she had never seen before. 

His clothes looked nearly identical to a villager, so he must not be a prince of some sort. His brown hair flowed against the gentle breeze as he cleaned up his weapons needed for the tournament. His eyes met her blue ones, and she could have sworn that he smiled at her. 

She turned away in a flash, her cheeks turning red. Angelina had noticed her expression and grinned mischievously at her granddaughter. “You have an eye for someone?” She asked her. 

“Wh-what? No, what? I don’t know what you mean. Who?”

“Who are you talking about, Angelina?” Todias furrowed an eyebrow at the conversation between the two. 

“It’s nothing, Father. When will the tournament start exactly?”

“It will start shortly, Pandora. Patience, now.” 

She nodded and sat back in her seat in an upright position. The last thing she needed is her father suspecting about the boy and having him arrested for participating without his knowledge. She tried to keep her attention on the levels that her father had made for the participants. 

Hours passed, and each and every prince were defeated, one after another; but the boy, the one Pandora had watched with curiosity and wonder, had managed to pass them graciously. 

The tug of war—he had succeeded, except for one of the princes. 

Sword fighting, Pandora’s favorite activity—the boy had passed as well, the second prince didn’t. 

The third part of the contest, cease the anger of a bull. Pandora worried deeply for the lives of the participants, especially the boy. Luckily, he was able to calm the bull down unharmed, except for the third prince who was thrown off in the process and had to taken to have his wounds taken care of. 

Throughout the competition, Todias would send glares towards the brown-haired lad, his eyes squinted in suspicion, all while gazing at his daughter’s amazed looks to him out in the open field. 

The last part of the competition, which turns out to be Pandora’s most favorite defense activity, is archery. The last two princes had their bows ready, as well as the mysterious boy. 

“I bet half of my gold that this lad wins your hand,” Angelina whispers to Pandora, whose face turned red as a rose. 

“Nana!” 

“Mother!” She and Theresa both yelled silently at the old woman, who chuckled at their reactions. 

The prince, who had long blonde hair and devilishly handsome eyes, went first. He pulled back his arrow and flipped back his hair, to which a few girls squealed in awe and Pandora rolled her eyes, sighing. His arrow, however, was not too close to the target, the prince discovered. The next thing she knew, he started hitting his bow on the ground in anger. 

“Wow,” she stated in complete amusement. 

“That’s too bad,” she heard her father speak. “He would have made a great husband.”

“Father!”

“Todias!” Theresa hit him slightly in the arm, seeing how clearly embarrassed her daughter was. 

The next prince, one who has light brown shaggy hair and looked about her age, went next. Preparing his bow the same way the handsome prince did, he pulled the arrow back as far as he could go, only to have it miss the target completely by a part in the edge. The fifth royal sighed in defeat, his head hanging in shame.

“I actually feel sorry for the poor guy,” Pandora said to her brother. 

“Yeah, same here.”

The brown-haired boy was the last to shoot the target. His bow is set in place perfectly, his eyes focused on the target, his arrow pointed straight at it. He exhaled slowly, then released his arrow. It landed directly at the red part, in the middle of the circled hay. 

Pandora’s eyes grew in amazement. She grinned at his incredible victory. 

But he was not finished. He went to the blonde-haired prince’s and shot it in the target as well, then the prince’s who had missed it completely. 

Everyone watched on, astonished about how a strange peasant boy won the hand of the princess. The silence went on for God knows how long until someone quickly cheered, followed by everyone else. Pandora glanced at the brown-haired boy, who grinned at her with pride and victory. His emerald eyes stared back at her ocean-blue pair, shining like a pool of grass. Pandora’s cheeks flushed red, and she smiled at him in reply. She’s never seen such a talented, handsome man like him before…

Unfortunately, the feeling didn’t last long. 

“Guards! Seize him!” Todias’s voice boomed through the field, startling the princess and the citizens, as dozens of guards started to surround the stranger. 

“Todias, why? He didn’t cheat, he won fair and square,” Theresa started, but her husband cut her off. 

“He’s not a prince, and he wasn’t not allowed to attend the tournament. Archers, be ready to open fire.” 

At that moment, Pandora began to think up of a plan. Then, her eyes suddenly lit up. 

“I can’t breathe,” she whispered and pretended to faint as her body met the ground. Her mother and brother were the first to see her before they rushed over to her. 

Even though he focused on executing the boy, Todias couldn’t keep his eyes off his daughter, who laid on the ground trying to stay still. Eventually, he lost concentration of the archers surrounding him and went to tend to her. 

The brown-haired lad saw this as an opportunity and instantly went between two guards, catching them by surprise. Pandora sat up in a flash, relieved that her plan had worked. She ignored her mother’s disapproving glare and rushed to see the boy escaping and dodging the arrows shot by the archers. 

“Stop him! Don’t let him get away!” Todias shouted at the guards, her mother and brother watching everything unfold before their eyes. 

Pandora spotted an exit that was close to where she is standing and went out without her family noticing. 


“Whooo, slick move. Lost them.” 

He picked up his pack and flipped over his horse. Today had been an exciting day. He got to participate in a competition, he won the levels, and he got to see the princess. 

As much as he didn’t know her, she was beautiful in many ways than he can think of. Her blue eyes sparkling in the daylight, her blonde hair flowing against the wind. He just can’t stop thinking about her and winning the tournament, even though he was obviously not welcomed. 

“Excuse me?” 

The brown-haired lad turned around, yelping with fright, his sword in his hand, to see the princess standing a few good inches in front of him. She fixed her hair, messy from running, as she caught her breath. 

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be back with your father right now?” He asked her confused. 

“I don’t care what he thinks. I just want to say...that was amazing what you did back there,” Pandora told him. 

The boy seemed surprised at the princess’s reaction of his victory today and sheathed his sword. “Um, thanks, I think.”

“I, well, I never got your name before you escaped those guards.”

The boy straightened himself and cleared his throat. “Uh, Crash Bandicoot, milady.” 

“Pandora of Maplebarrow. I’m sorry about my father’s reaction towards you. He just never trusts people who do something against his wishes.”

“You went against his wishes, sometimes?”

“...Yeah. Anyway, I think you should go, before my brother and grandma catch me with you.”

“Will do.” He mounted on his horse, and started to leave, but stopped. “Oh, by the way, remember Moses, the former Prince of Egypt?” 

Moses? Prince of Egypt? Why does she feel like she had heard that name before? She shook her head in response. 

“Well, my friends and I joined him and his people a while back, and we’re on our way to where there’s no slavery and no harsh punishments. If you want to join us, you’re welcome to find us.”

“But I can’t leave my home. Even if I wanted to, I just couldn’t bear my mother being heartbroken.”

“Well, whenever you’re ready to come along,” Crash pulled out a map and handed it to her. “Follow the directions on the map, and you’ll be able to find us. I’ll see you soon, milady.” He winked at her, which made her blush a bit and smile. 

She watched him escape through the gate, his shadow the only thing that never left her mind.

Chapter 4: Chapter 3 (rewritten)

Notes:

Warning: contains homophobic language and behavior, language, mild abuse, blood. If these trigger you, do not read.

A/n: the part where God appears is inspired by the Burning Bush from the Prince of Egypt.

Chapter Text

She laid on the bed, the map Crash had given her hidden underneath her pillow, as she stared up into the ceiling, trapped in her mind full of questions. Who is Moses? Where has she heard that name before? How long has it been since she had heard of it? Since she was a baby, perhaps? 

Pandora continued to be lost in her thoughts before a quick knock on her door went into her ears. She sat up to see Karina standing there, a fear-filled look on her face. 

“Karina, what is it? What’s wrong?”

“Your father...” the older girl panted, her voice filled with terror and sadness. “Raiven... he has her. He has your friend.” 

Pandora didn’t hesitate to rush out the door as fast as she could, horrific thoughts filling within her. She skidded into the dining room, and the thoughts were answered the moment her eyes landed on Raiven, who was kneeling on the ground, two guards on either side of her.

“Raiven!” She was stopped by one of her ladies-in-waiting and another guard. Todias was the first person to see his daughter standing there, frozen in place, upon hearing her call out in fear for Raiven, followed by her mother, Angelina, and Conner.

“Father, why do you bring her here?” Pandora demanded fearfully. 

“Pandora, do you realize what the law is for love?” 

Pandora wanted to answer, but she hesitated. She couldn’t reveal Raiven’s secret. 

“Answer the question, Pandora. What is the law for loving someone?”

The young princess finally responded, dread still in her. “You’re only allowed to be with one who is the opposite gender than you. But Father, please. You have to tell me what this is all about. What does this have to with Raiven? She needs to get back home. Her family must be worried about her.”

“Now, now,” Todias calmly said, even though he sounded like he is mad. About what? “We will make sure that her family is safe, as soon as she admits she is telling the truth.”

“Truth? What truth? Conner, what is he talking about?” Pandora looked at her brother, whose eyes were filled with regret and sadness. 

Why does he look like he did something terrible, something he didn’t want to do? 

“Pandora, I overheard you talking with Raiven at the marketplace the other day,” he finally said. “That she is in love with someone the same gender as her. All Father wants to know... is it true?” 

Pandora opened her mouth to answer but stopped herself. What would she say? The moment she revealed Raiven’s secret, he could do something horrible to her. 

“I’m afraid I can’t answer that,” she replied, trying to be brave. 

“Pandora,” Todias sternly said. “Is Raiven in love with a girl?”

“I’m not allowed to answer that question.”

“Pandora, this is not a game. Is she in love with a girl?!” 

“I’m not going to answer, Father!”

“Tell me the truth, or I swear to God, I will have her family slaughtered at my feet!”

“I won’t do it!”

“Father, please—“ Conner started. 

“Todias, think about what you’re doing—“ Theresa spoke up next.

“Pandora—“

“Yes!!” Raiven suddenly shouted at the top of her lungs, for she couldn’t bear to her best friend being threatened by her own father for her secret. “Yes, Your Majesty! Yes, I am in love with a girl! It’s the truth! Just please leave her alone, I beg of you!” 

The princess knew that she could only watch her best friend take the fall. She was fully helpless. 

“So it is true, then,” Todias finally said, anger evident in his tone. “You knew about the law, and you decided to go against it.”

“I had no choice. It was what I couldn’t control, it wasn’t my decision! I’m not changing who I am!”

“Raiven, no—“ Pandora pleaded. 

“Very well. You have decided your fate.”

“Father, I’m begging you, please!” Pandora tried to push past her lady-in-waiting and the guard with no avail. 

“Raiven Denise of Maplebarrow...”

“Father—“ Conner began. 

“I hereby sentence you in the dungeons for the night...”

“Father, please!” Pandora cried, tears already forming. 

“For tomorrow morning, you will be...”

“Please, no!”

“Executed!”

“Nnoooo!” Pandora cried in heartbreak and horror. She tried to get to Raiven, but it eluded her, for her lady-in-waiting and the guard started pushing her away from her. Raiven could only look at her in solemnness as she was being taken away by the two soldiers to the dungeon. 

“You two! Take my daughter back to her quarters! I will deal with her myself later.” Todias turned on his heal harshly, with her brother, his fiancé and the rest of her family behind. 

“Raiven!! Nnnooo! Nnooo!” She cried it repeatedly to her best friend as she felt herself being dragged away to her room, dragged far away from her best friend. 


She stared down at the floor for what seemed like an eternity before the door opened up from the outside. Her father stepped in, his face evident with anger and disappointment. Pandora looked up to glare at him with the most enraged expression she can muster. 

“Do you have any idea what you’ve done? To Raiven, to her family? To me? What the hell is wrong with you?”

“I considered myself to be a reasonable man. I made the rules here in this land, and I expect those rules to be obeyed. Is it true you supported this whore who you call your friend?!”

“She’s my best friend, my best friend for 6 goddamn years! I care about her, I love her no matter who she is and what she does! I love her like she is my sister! And you are taking her from me!”

“A citizen with a disgusting illness such as her could endanger thousands of lives here! She could have influenced more people to be like her!”

“I don’t see a goddamn reason why you are against it! You don’t even know her!”

“Know her?! All I know is she is a danger to us all, and with a twisted illness like this, she could drive us all to hell!”

As he ranted, the energy of anger grew in Pandora. She didn’t know what it was, but it appeared in her every time her father spoke lowly of people like Raiven. When it appeared out of nowhere again, it was stronger than before. Her fists clenched, a low growl hidden in her throat. Her body shook the more the energy grew in her. 

“SHUT UP! WILL IT KILL YOU TO STOP TRASH-TALKIN’ ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE ME AND RAIVEN FOR ONE GODDAMN SECOND?!” Her voice boomed around the kingdom and village. Her angered voice was so loud it nearly shattered a few windows. She instantly gasped and clapped her hands over her mouth quickly. 

Conner’s mouth dropped open in shock while Theresa, Karina, and Angelina both gasped in horror at the revelation, as they watched it all unfold. 

Her own secret is out now. She loves both girls and men. 

“No,” Todias stared at his daughter in anger and astonishment. “Have you lost your senses completely? They’re demons, you’re a princess!”

“I don’t care!”

“So help me, Pandora. I will do whatever I must to get through to you.” He unsheathed his sword from his side. “And if this is the only way, so be it.” 

Before she or her brother could do anything, he swished his blade through one of the paintings she had left up to dry. It fell to the floor in two, its sounds echoing through the hallway. 

“Father!” Conner called out to the king, but he was isolated in his anger as he swished and cut every drawing Pandora had made. 

“Father, stop!” She tried to stop him, but he shoved her hard into her bed and immediately saw the painting that hung over the dresser. Her eyes widened as he walked over, his sword in his hand. 

“Father, no!”

“Todias, no, you loved that painting—“ Theresa was instantly cut off by the sound of Todias ripping it off from the wall and shredding it with his blade first, then his own bare hands. 

Pandora continued screaming, begging for him to stop, until her voice became harsh and he stopped after finishing his deed. 

Panting, he looked up at her, and his hand, bloodied from the glass he had torn off, connected with her delicate cheek before she could move. She yelped in pain, the stinging touching the side of her face in a few seconds. She touched her cheek and was shocked to see blood on her fingertips. Her eyes, growing as saucers and filling up with tears, stared back up at her enraged father. 

“Consider this your punishment,” he growled lowly at her. “You are to never leave the castle without an escort, and you are to never have fighting lessons again. You have shamed this family with that disgusting illness of yours. The princes will be here tomorrow morning, because I will never allow any form of love here in my kingdom ever again.” 

He sheathed away his weapon and left the room with the three women and her brother behind him. The last thing she ever saw from him was his face full of regret and solemnness before the door was locked once more. 

Pandora slid down from her bed and, wrapping her arms around her legs, buried her head between them and let out the most heartbreaking sob she never knew she had. 

“Oh, god. Oh, my god. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Raiven. This is all my fault, I’m so sorry.” 

Her room was now utterly trashed from her father’s rage, her paintings and drawings shredded and scattered all over the floor. She would, later on, find out that he never managed to find the sketchbook she had kept hidden in her dresser. 

Her ‘father’ gave her a message. 

A message that she does not and never will matter. That she will never find a place in Mapplebarrow again. 

That no one will love her as she is. 

Pandora sobbed, her arms still around her body. 

As the hours passed and the sky changed to a star-filled color of dark azure, Pandora remained in what was left of her room. She now laid on the ground, her arms still wrapped around herself for comfort. Her tears had dried, leaving trails on her cheeks. Crickets chirping and the wind flowing through the tree branches filled the quietness in the chambers. 

She didn’t know how long she was left in here, but she didn’t care. There’s nowhere else left for her to go. She’s trapped…

She stayed that way for as long as she could remember until she heard someone call out her name. 

“Pandora.”  

She looked up and wiped the tears from her eyes. She stood up slowly and spun around, trying to find the source of the voice.

“Pandora.”  

Her name was repeatedly called a few more times until she responded, “I am here.”

“Do not be afraid, my child, for there will be no one to place harm on you.”  

A soft breeze touched her hair, and her skin began to have goosebumps. A bright appeared through her window, and she shielded herself with her hand. Someone is really in here. 

“Who-who are you?” She sniffled, squinting to see the light better.

“I am that I am. I am the God of Moses’ ancestors, Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.”  

Her eyes grew in wonder and astonishment. “What are you doing here? What do you want with me?”

“I have seen the anger and displeasure your father, the king, has placed upon you and Raiven, and have heard your cries.”  

Visions and sounds of Raiven being taken away and her father ripping away her beloved sketches, while she pleaded with him to see reason, came into her mind. Pandora held back as much sadness as she could, even though a few tears escaped from her eyes. 

“My father believed that people with love for someone the same gender as them, like Raiven... he believed that they are demons and would put our people in jeopardy. Now I’ve let him plan on killing her tomorrow morning. I never got the chance to save her. It’s all my fault.”

“I understand the pain and loss that he had put you through,” God replied to her. “However, I have come to save you from his rage. And so unto Moses and his people…” Pandora perked up at the mention of ‘Moses’. “…I shall send you.”

“But why me? I’m not who they’ll think I am. They’ll never let me in.”

“I see a brave and spirited warrior within you, defying her father’s demands of the way he sees things, risking her life to protect the ones she loves. Regardless of who are, they will come to cherish you more than the kind ever did. I shall be with you, Pandora.”  

The light then disappeared from her window, and the breeze was no longer touching her skin. Pandora wiped away the tears that had fallen from her cheeks and recollected what God had told her. 

They will cherish her more than her father ever did? And what of Moses? Every time she heard his name, the memory of seeing him, a young man with three people beside him, came into her mind. Where had she seen him before? 

The princess suddenly remembered about everything that had happened that day; Crash winning the contest, even though he wasn’t interested in winning her hand in marriage, him telling her about the people he and his friends had tagged along with, him giving the map to her, telling her to come to find them whenever she’s ready. Her father sentencing Raiven to execution, him destroying the things she had created, up to the point before God had appeared in front of her. 

She has to find them, she has to get away from here, from this place, from everything. 

But then, she realized. 

Her mother and grandmother. What would they think of her if they found her missing? Would they be devastated, angry, relieved that they were rid of her? 

Conner probably would be. He’d hate her already anyway. 

Her father wouldn’t miss her, either. He called her a shame and ripped her of her fighting training; he’d as well be happy without her anyway. He already had his son to be king one day. 

She took out the map from underneath her pillow and opened it up to see lines and pictures of landscapes she had never seen before. She studied them before glancing at her backpack and the clothes she uses for training. 

“I’m not going back now.”

Having her clothes and belongings, including her sketchbook, packed, Pandora took one look at her hair in the mirror before eyeing the glass that was broken from the painting. She picked it gently and held it in a firm but loose grip. Holding close to her hair, she exhaled in relaxation before proceeding to cut it off. It only took her a few minutes until she felt less weight on her head. 

She looked in the mirror once again and was surprised to find that it looked her nearly unrecognizable. It was now shorter than she realized, nearly shorter than a boy’s hair should. She had kept her bangs, though; she liked them the way they are. 

The map safely stowed away in the bag, the now disguised princess collected some more things she needed before deciding she needs to make one last stop. 

She opened the window as quietly and slowly as she possibly could, not wanting to wake up anyone. She descended down, using bricks with small gaps big enough for her fingers to grab until she landed safely on the ground. Pandora then took a short path that leads to where Raiven was being held. 

After checking that no one is around, she searched every cell until she found a head of curly, dark hair she could easily recognize. She knocked on the bar, which caught her attention. 

“Pandora, is that you?” Raiven peeked from behind the bars. Her hands were finally held by the other girl’s.

“Hey, Rai. Are you alright down there?”

“I’m okay, besides the fact I had to reveal my secret because...” She sighed. “He threatened to kill my family, Pan. I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t let him hurt my mother and grandma. They mean too much to me.”

“You’re not the only one who has a secret like that.” Raiven’s eyes lit up after Pandora said this.

“Oh, Pandora. Why didn’t you say anything sooner?”

“... I was scared. Of what my family, what my father would think about me. And I was right. He hurt me, Rai. He’s going to have you killed tomorrow and I won’t be able to save you.” The princess sniffed and wipes her eyes with her sleeves. 

“Don’t blame yourself, Pan. I never wanted to live my life having to live with regret about something. They had to know sooner or later.” Raiven took off the necklace she had around her neck and gave it to Pandora through the bars. “Here, take this.”

“Rai, I can’t.”

“It’s for you to remember me. Besides, you were looking at the one just like mine back at the market.” 

Pandora hesitated to take it at first but grew comfortable enough to take it from her hands. The princess then locked it around her neck, letting it hang from her neck. “I’m really sorry, Raiven. Truly I am. I’m gonna miss you.”

“I’m gonna miss you, too, Pan. We’ll see each other again soon,” Raiven choked quietly. “I promise.” 

Pandora got up slowly, her hand slipping away from her best friend, taking one last look at her, before she ran off to the stable. 

Ferdinand looked up to the sound of the door opening as Pandora walked over to him. He neighed quietly at the sight of his owner crying softly. 

“Hey, boy,” she stroked his nose and nuzzled her head against it. “Wanna go on an adventure together?” 

He clopped his hooves a few times and whinnied silently in response. 

“That’s what I wanna hear.” 

She mounted on him, her bag still over her shoulders, and rode off out of the stables. Nearing the gates, Pandora stopped Ferdinand to take one last look at the place she used to call home. 

“I’m sorry, Father,” she mumbled to herself. “But this isn’t the life I was promised years ago.” 

Then, with the map in her bag and her heart filled with determination, Pandora rose out of the city, not even once looking back.

Chapter 5: Chapter 4 (rewritten)

Notes:

Warning: contains language.

A/n: The scenes where my self-insert meets the herd and people are inspired by the movies 'Dinosaur' and 'Brother Bear'. Of course, the dialogue, later on, belongs to Disney.

Chapter Text

It had been nearly 12 hours since she had escaped from her prison, and Pandora felt like she was getting close to where she needed to be. The deserts they are crossing now seemed a bit deserted than she had realized since no one had ever gone through it before. Just a vast land of hot-burning sand, no trees or lakes of water in sight. A few cliffs and hills occupied the lands here and there. 

Studying the map as Ferdinand trotted down, Pandora thought she heard a chirping sound. She pulled Grif by the reins, and sure enough, something—a creature of some sort—disappeared over the hill ahead of them. 

“What the hell?” She pondered. “What is that thing?” 

Ferdinand seemed to have sensed something bad, for he shook his head and attempted to move, but Pandora, curious about what is over that hill, pulled the reins on the side to the direction where she wanted to go. “Ferdinand, Hey, boy. We’re just gonna check it out, okay? It won’t take long.” 

They eventually stopped where she could have sworn she saw it went to. She looked on the other side of her to see a wolf-like creature, picking at its feet. She stared it in pure wonder as its ears picked up their presence. It was then joined by another, which is identical to the one next to it. She can feel fear building in her as more of the wolves surround her and Ferdinand from above them on the rocks. 

One of them landed near her, startling them both in the process. It stared at her for a brief moment, then it barred its sharp teeth hungrily. 

Pandora screamed in terror as Ferdinand whinnied and then started to back away fearfully from the wolves slowly. Her eyes shrunk as she saw two of them approaching her creepily. 

One of them nearly attacked Ferdinand by his hoof, but he was able to dodge it. 

“Hyah! Go! Go!” Pandora cried as Ferdinand instantly ran forward and dodged more of the creatures’ attacks. 

Jumping over the rocks, they both rode as fast as they could while the predators suddenly gained chase. One of the wolves nearly jumped at Pandora, but she was lucky she had brought her sword with her, for she swung at it and caused it to fall. She looked over her shoulders to find they are almost close to catching them, fear growing more within her. 

She gazed behind her to find that they are running away. From who or what? 

Her question was answered instantly when a man with a cart being pulled by bulls almost shoved them down. 

“Watch out, Miss!” He called out as he passed the pair. 

Ferdinand neighed in terror and confusion all while Pandora attempted to stay on the horse. Another cart being pulled by cows passed by her as well

“You hear him, kid! Move!” 

Soon, Pandora was able to calm her horse, and her eyes grew at the sight that is going by her. 

Dozens of people, some in carts, others without, different animals, small children with their parents, walked around the astonished princess, surrounded by a large dust cloud created by their foot tracks. She looked underneath her watching a few kids run by her before a booming noise caught her attention. She looked up to see the most amazing sight in front of her. 

A long-neck dinosaur—a brachiosaurus, she remembered learning about—walked slowly as its feet pounded on the ground, unaware that it was passing over her. She continued gazing at it in awe before another voice grabbed her attention. 

“Going backwards, eh?” Pandora nearly fell from her horse as an elder female Triceratops strolled by her. “Well, let me know if it gets you there any faster. Keep those legs moving, Url, or you’ll get left behind.” 

Another dinosaur walked around her, panting like it was a dog. Pandora looked over and waited until the dust cloud cleared. As soon as it did, it revealed to be more people and animals than she ever realized. 

“Oh, wow,” she gasped in amazement at the sight. 

A growl from far away caused her to turn abruptly to find the same wolves from before standing on the hill on the horizon. 

“Go! Go! Go!” Pandora urged Ferdinand forward, and the wolves once again failed to capture them. 

The pair rushed on to catch up with the large crowd that had passed them. 


Nabel watched as they stopped, catching their breath and stretching their bodies after a long day of walking. She then turned to face the horizon ahead of her, her eyes squinting from the light of the sun.

“Nabel.” 

The woman spun to see the man who called her. 

“The water grounds are just a couple of days away. Do you think we should keep moving—“

“We’ll rest here for the night. Go ahead, Dean.” 

Dean nodded and called for everyone to unpack and build their tents. She stared on before facing Moses and the others. She gave a small smile to them before she went to help prepare for the night. 


She slipped the hood over her head and took Ferdinand by the reins. As Pandora walked through the clearest path she could find, small children ran past her while their parents are getting their tents ready for the evening. Pandora smiled, recalling how she and Conner used to be like that before they drifted away. 

However, someone quickly caught her eye when he exited out of the shelter. 

He stopped suddenly when she saw her, her hood covering her face and with a golden-colored horse. She immediately pulled Ferdinand by her side to cover more of her face and keep on walking. 

She didn’t want to admit it, but he seemed familiar to her. Save from the robe he was wearing, his face looked like the one she recalled seeing when she was younger. 

“Don’t! Stay where you are! Hurry up!” 

Someone shouting in Egyptian broke her out of her thoughts, and she saw a few men trying to take over the water area. They were ordering at the poor elder women, who were attempting to keep the water from them. 

Anger took over her vision when she saw how close the men were to attacking the defenseless women. She had to step in. She has to do something. 

Tying Ferdinand to a nearby post, Pandora rushed over to where the men are, as they are close to snatching the water bag away from the women. 

“Hey!” She called out to them. The thieves no longer paid any attention to the women and turned to face Pandora. Her shout also caught the attention of a familiar boy. 

“Hey, you sons of bitches. Leave them alone!”

“Go back to what you are doing, little girl,” one of the thieves sneered in clear English. “We do not want to hurt you badly.”

Pandora pulled out her sword from underneath her cloak and revealed it long enough for the thieves to see. Good, they’re becoming scared now.

“I’m a dead daughter to a King, and my sword has a knack of defense. So, why not give the water back to them, let them tend to their people?” Her voice was low with anger and determination. “Because me? I have nothing to lose or to fear…” 

The thieves nodded and, after they did what she did, backed away from her as she stepped closer. 

“Now get out and never bother them again!” She bellowed at them. At her loudest yell, they ran off in a second. 

The women looked at the running robbers first, then back at their young rescuer, who sheathed away her blade. 

“Are you all alright?” 

“Yes,” an old lady answered. “Thank you, dear. God bless you, my child.”

As she pondered about where she was going to go, a hand suddenly landed on her shoulder, causing her to yelp in fright. 

“Hey, it’s okay. It’s just me.” She turned to see the face she never thought she would see again. 

“Oh my god, it’s you.”

“Glad to see you again, Pan,” Crash laughed, grinning about her reaction. 

“But how did you know it was me?”

“I’d recognize that hair of yours anywhere, even here. What are you doing here anyways?”

“It doesn’t matter. I’m not going back, I’ve cut myself out of the family, and good riddance, as far as I’m concerned,” Pandora told him. Her eyes were close to being filled with tears, but she hurriedly wiped them. 

Crash saw that she was about to cry. His smile changed to a sympathetic frown. “Hey, you know you don’t have to talk about it, if you don’t want. Besides, you know I don’t mind you tagging along with us…” 

“Crash!” A voice startled both Crash and Pandora. They turned around and noticed an older man with white tattoos covering his dark skin and a young girl with blonde hair in a ponytail and the same colored eyes as Crash. The man is wearing a light brown vest, a white shirt, pants, and boots. The girl is wearing a dress with a blue corset vest and short sleeves. 

“Uh, hey, Aku Aku…” Crash greeted him nervously. 

“Don’t act like I didn’t hear your conversation. Do you even know this girl?” The man asked Crash sternly. 

“Uh, well…” 

“We met during a competition,” Pandora spoke up for the young lad. He turned to face her, and she gave him a pleading look. He didn’t know what she meant by that, but he couldn’t risk getting scolded again, either. He nodded at Aku Aku in agreement with her statement. 

“Competition? Did you participate in another one again?” Aku Aku placed his hands on his hips as he glared at Crash. 

“No! No, no, no…” 

“We were just watching, and I wanted to tag along, so he told me to follow you guys when I’m ready,” Pandora explained. Though this part was half-true, she couldn’t bring herself to reveal that Crash participated in the event for her hand. 

“And what brings you out here? What is your name?” Aku Aku’s voice was now getting soft. 

“Um…” Pandora began. What is her name? If she gave her real name, they’d most likely turn against her or possibly send her back in hopes of saving themselves. 

“Blue!” Crash added, his eyes lighting up. “Her name is Blue. They gave her that name because of her eyes.” 

Pandora—no, Blue—was about to argue, but thought about the name over a few times. Blue. Yeah, it’s something that would work...

“Strange name...but it does suit her well,” Coco added, nodding her head in agreement.

“I see,” Aku Aku nodded. “Well, young Blue, I saw how you managed to save those women from those brigands. It was brave of you to step in when no one else could.” 

“Of course,” Blue stated. “Anyways, I need to find Moses. I’ve been told he would be here.”

“You wanted to see me?” 

A male voice prompted Blue to look behind her and find the same man who had spotted her when she first entered, along with Nabel, Alli, Tziporrah, and a few more people beside him. A pair of Iguanodons studied the human girl with cautiousness. 

“Moses, I believe?” Blue spoke up. 

“You found the right person. I saw what you have done over here. You scared them really bad.”

“Guess I did. Anyway, I need—“

“Moses, wait,” Nabel cut her off before she could speak. “We can’t be sure if she’s one of them.”

“I’m not if that’s what you’re wondering,” Blue answered. “I’m actually a good woman, I swear to that.”

“You’re don’t look like you’re older,” another one of the leaders, an Iguanodon, said to her suspiciously. “Who are you?”

“Um, Blue.”

“And why are you here?” He snorted at her and Ferdinand, who backed away a bit. 

“Uh, I got lost. And…I don’t know what happened to my family, I got separated from them,” she replied. “But I need to get somewhere safe. I’m hoping you would help me.” But she cringed at herself the more she lied to them. 

“How far have you managed to walk from where you came from?” Nabel narrowed her eyes at Blue. 

“It was pretty far,” she replied. “About three hundred miles, at most. And I’m truly sorry if I am bothering you, but I was hoping that maybe you would help me get to somewhere where I can find my family.” 

Sam and Dean had seen the other leaders talking with Blue and joined them. “Well, if you like, you can tag along with us,” Sam said, his smile reassuring and kind. 

“Sam!” Nabel scolded him. 

“Are you sure about it?” Blue asked him. “I do not want to be a bother.”

“Of course not,” Dean answered before Sam could. “We could use another fighter like you. You seem to know what to do with a sword.”

Crash, Aku Aku, and Coco became surprised and appalled that they were going to let her in. The brown-haired man was more relieved and excited that she was going to be joining them on their journey. 

“Wait! Have you asked her if she’s one of them?” Coco questioned cautiously. 

“I assure you, I’m not who you think I am,” Blue responded. “All I want to know is where you and your group are going, so I can let my family know where I can meet them.”

Another Iguanodon, a female, smiled and chuckled at the young human. 

“Hmph, I suppose we’ll let you stay with us,” the male Iguanodon said. “But hear this. Make a wrong move, and there will be unforeseen consequences, Blue.”

Blue gulped and nodded. “Yes, sir.” In truth, she was becoming scared of the creature. He was nearly reminding her of her father. 

“Don’t worry, that’s how my brother treats newcomers,” the female said to Blue as she followed her brother. “No matter how brave and kind they are.” 

Blue grinned at her in relief as she watched her walk away with the male Iguanodon. Nabel only glanced at her in suspicion before she went away with the other leaders. 

Blue bit her lip while she was trying not to think about the argument with her father the night before she left. 

“You okay there?” Crash’s voice broke her away from her memory. 

“Yeah, I’m fine. Blue?” Blue raised an eyebrow at him. 

“Yeah. I panicked, couldn’t pick a better name for ya anyway,” Crash apologetically told her.

“It’s fine,” Blue reassured him. 

“Anyways, I’ve got to get going. I’ll see you around then,” Crash called to her as he walked back to Aku Aku and Coco. 

Blue watched him disappear behind the people passing by and pondered about the new name. Blue…like her ocean eyes. It’s something she can live with…

“Oh, Eema, I wish we’re at the promised lands now.”

Blue perked up when she heard a voice of an elderly Brachiosaurus with the same Triceratops from before with the Ankylosaurus, as they were walking over smaller dinosaurs. Out of curiosity, she made her way over to them, having Ferdinand along with her. 

“All this shoving and pushing about, just for a place to sleep,” the elderly Brachiosaurus continued. “I’m not sure how I am going to move them.”

“C’mon, Baylene, you got big feet. Just give them a kick. Get!” Eema scared away one of the dinosaurs. 

“Oh, I couldn’t possibly. Uh, shoo. Shoo.” Baylene failed to kick the moving creatures away while hovering her foot above them. 

“Will you come on, Baylene? You want to get to the promised lands alive, show some backbone!”

“Excuse me?” Blue started, having stepped up beside her. Eema screamed and scuttled away from her, with Ferdinand standing beside her. 

“Oh, I—I’m sorry about that,” Blue apologized quickly. “It’s just that I can’t help but overhear you talking and, um—“ She stopped when she saw the Ankylosaurus drop a rock in front of her, panting and staring at her in joy. 

“My word, look at Url,” Eema commented. “He never warms up to strangers that fast.”

Baylene sniffed at Blue first, then at Ferdinand, before she snorted. The two both flinched from the wind. “I’d never thought I would live to see another human,” Baylene said. 

“I’m Blue,” the young woman introduced herself calmly. “I lost my family. I got separated from them.”

“Oh, dear, I’m so sorry,” Baylene heartfeltedly said. 

“Baylene’s the last of her kind,” Eema spoke up. “Finding the strangers along the way.”

“Oh, that’s horrible,” Blue gasped. “And I heard that you’re on your way to the promised land?”

“It is the most beautiful place there is, child,” Eema continued. “It’s where we would be really free from all the years of slavery and where we go to have our babies.”

“And that is where you’ll...be accepted for who you are?” Blue asked hopefully. 

“Oh, the last few days, I’ve seen them all shapes and sizes,” she responded. “Who knows what we’ll find.”

Blue’s eyes shone with relief and excitement. There might be more here like her. There has to be. 


Later that night, she had found a spot, a safe distance from the herd, to rest for the night. The sun could be seen by the upper half, the sky turning from pink-orange to dark blue. 

She sighed, laying her head on her arms, which were wrapped around her legs. 

A sudden yelp caught her attention. She turned to find two men nearly running into one another while they were trying to hide. From her, maybe?

“Hey, hey, you two!” Blue called out to them and got up from the ground. 

“Head down, head down!” The blonde one ordered and pushed his younger brother by the back of his head, hiding behind the log. 

“Great, I think she saw us! Now what?” The brunette one asked, his voice muffled. 

“Act like we’re not here.”

“Uh, we’re not here.”

Blue got closer to where the two are as the blonde kicked the younger brother by the leg, cocking her head to one side and raising an eyebrow. 

“Will you—shush! What are you doing?!”

“Ow! But you said to act like we’re not here—“

“Don’t say anything! I said don’t say anything!”

Blue knelt down and poked her through a hole on the log, where she came face to face with the two brothers while they were arguing. They didn’t notice her until she spoke up. “Uh, excuse me?”

The two brothers screamed and backed away from where Blue is. She shot up from the log, her short hair bouncing up as she sat up straight. 

“Please don’t hurt us!” The brown-haired man exclaimed as he hid behind his brother. “You wouldn’t like us! We’re not what you want to think we are!”

“Yeah, take mud-for-brains over here!” The blonde man said to her. 

“Oh, nice one, blueberry breath!” The younger one argued. 

“Spiky hair!” 

They both gasped. 

“Sorry,” the older brother said clumsily. 

“You went too far on that one…”

“I said I was sorry…”

Blue, who had seen the silly conversation unfold, walked around the log and helped the two brothers separate themselves; they were covered in some sort of sticky liquid from the log. “Hey, I’m not going to hurt anyone.”

“Oh, oh! That’s a relief!” The blonde said. 

The younger brother fell to the ground as he grinned, but got back up quickly to face Blue, as well as the blonde man. “Uh, yeah, hi,” Chris said finally. “I’m Chris, this is my brother, Martin.”

Blue grinned lightly. “I’m Blue.”

“And, uh, you’ve met the others, right?”

Blue thought for a moment. “Guess I haven’t.”

Martin and Chris looked at one another and grinned, and took her by wrapping their elbows around her arms and led her to where the herd and people are. “Great, they’re gonna love you.”

“But they don’t even know me.”

“Exactly,” they both said. 


All throughout the campus the herd and people had set up, Martin and Chris were able to introduce her to everyone they could find: Peter, the Guardians, the Paladins, Allura, Coran, Aladar and his lemur family (Blue was shocked to hear they were the only ones left after their island was destroyed), Rodney, the Rusties, Alex, Marty, Melman, Gloria, anyone the Brothers could find. 

When Blue then asked about Crash and his small family, leaving out the part where she met him at the competition, Martin was the first to say that his full name is Crash Bandicoot, and Coco is his sister. 

Crash and Coco were still kids when they got separated from their parents and taken by a mad scientist who did horrible experiments on them. It wasn’t long, barely months, before the two escaped, along with the other people that became their friends, and ran into Aku Aku, who took in the Bandicoots without a second thought. Blue felt terrible for all the torture Crash, his sister, and his friends had to go through at such a young age. 

Crash, meanwhile, was already thinking about how beautiful she looked in the moonlight as she walked past him with the brothers of both her sides. He rolled his eyes at Spyro, Croc, Gex, and Rayman wiggling their eyebrows at him. 

Blue already knew Sam and Dean, as well as Moses, Tziporrah, Aaron, and Miriam. Eema later explained to her that Kron’s sister is Neera; Blue thought it was a lovely name. 

Eema and Baylene had also explained to her that Nabel, Alli, and Caleb, their younger brother, were the children of a kind king and queen before their uncle destroyed her home and left the siblings and most of their people without any form of protection, which led them to where Moses and his people are. 

“That’s horrible,” Blue said after hearing about the three’s story. “Why would their uncle do such a thing?”

“He was filled with crazed hunger for power,” Eema replied. “That’s what happens when you let greed get the best of you.”

“Nabel promised that she wouldn’t let her people and family go through it all over again,” Baylene said next. “She promised she would never rest until she finds her and her people a new home.”

“I just hope I want to help her and prove I’m not an enemy,” Blue said. “Probably better to keep my head low with her than bitten by those things,” she motioned to the wolf-like creatures, who were fighting one another, on the horizon. 

“Well, you consider yourself lucky that’s all that’s following us,” Eema remarked. 

Blue hoped so.

Chapter 6: Chapter 5 (rewritten)

Notes:

Warning: funny part in the beginning.

A/n: the scenes below are inspired by the movie 'Dinosaur'. The dialogues belong to Disney. Also, the part, in the beginning, is inspired by Supernatural.

Chapter Text

As the sun shone over the horizon, Dean blew the horn to signal the people to pack their belongings for another day of walking. He scanned the area before his eyes landed on the blonde girl sleeping on her horse. 

Smiling mischievously, he took his horn with him and slowly crept up to her. Sam, Nabel, and Moses watched from afar, the woman shaking her head at his plan. 

Unbeknownst to him, Blue heard him sneaking up behind her and is prepared with her own surprise attack. 

She opened one eye, then closed them quickly as Dean crept closer to her, his grin growing wider. A small chuckle nearly escaped from her lips, but she held it back, waiting for the right time to make her move. 

Just as Dean is about to blow his horn, Blue suddenly leaped up from the ground and pulled out a paper, which popped open to reveal a colorful dragon popping out from the center. 

The sudden action caused Dean to scream loudly, his eyes wide as plates and his hands clutching his horn. His high-pitched scream grabbed the people’s attention. They stopped packing to find Dean screaming at Blue’s surprise masterpiece. Sam and Nabel snickered, while Moses shook his head. 

Dean stopped screaming and breathed heavily as Blue put away the paper and laughed at his reaction. The people and herd went back to preparing themselves for the journey ahead. 

“Whoo!” Dean gasped, still holding his horn. “That was scary!”

“That was great,” she chuckled, holding her side with one hand. “You should have seen the look on your face!” 

She continued giggling, with Ferdinand laughing along with her. Peter, Rodney, and Martin also snickered at the moment they had seen and held on to each other to steady themselves. 

“Dude, that’s not funny!” Dean protested. 

“No, seriously, it’s funny. Watch this,” Peter said before laughing again. 

“Hey, I will end you,” Dean turned his gaze towards Blue, who prepared her belongings for the journey ahead. 

“And I will be prepared for it again,” she smirked, leading Grif to the front where the crowd would be. 

Meanwhile, Crash had just finished packing his things and soon stopped, however, when he saw the young girl and her horse walking along with Aladar and his family and talking with them. His cheeks grew slightly red as he stared at the young beauty. Her blonde, short hair bounced behind the young woman as she walked, the sun shining on her fair tan skin. Crash could barely see his eyes, but the last time he had seen them, they were some sort of ocean-blue color. 

Gex saw him staring at the young girl and smirked. “Hey, hey, hey. There’s your girlfriend.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Crash asked him, raising an eyebrow and trying to hide his blushing. 

“You know who I’m talking about,” Gex turned Crash’s head towards the direction of the woman. “Blue. Fair skin, blue-diamond eyes, short, soft hair.”

“Yeah, I—I made an impression on her,” Crash replied, unknowing that his stutter came in his voice. 

“What you need is a little help from the Love Guru,” Gex smirked, rubbing his two fingers together. 

“The…Love Guru?”

Before Crash could process what is about to happen, the green-and-purple-haired man started yelling and mimicking animal calls to Blue. 

The young woman and the lemur family stopped and glanced back at Crash, who stood there dumbfounded, his cheeks flushed red and his eyes wide. Gex was hiding behind him after he had called out. 

Crash stammered nervously, trying to come up with something to say about the incident, but no words came out. All he could do was stand there like a blushing idiot, wishing that he could disappear. 

Blue, even though she knew that Crash wouldn’t even sound like that, giggled and continued walking with Aladar and his family. 

“And with that, the ice is broken,” Gex said, still smirking. 

“I will get you for this,” Crash mumbled, his cheeks still glowing red in embarrassment. 

Bruton’s call caught their attention, and they immediately rushed to the front of the crowd. Blue stood alongside Aladar and his family, Ferdinand by her side as she held him by the reins. 

She saw Kron speaking with Bruton, while Nabel watched her closely, her eyes narrowing at her. Blue gulped and stared at the ground. 

“If this is your first crossing, listen up!” Bruton yelled for the crowd to hear clearly. “There’s no water until we reached the other side! And you better keep up, ‘cause if a predator catches you, you’re on your own! Move out!” 

And with Neera and the leaders leading the herd, they moved forward towards the never-ending desert. 

“Oh, dear,” Baylene said as she gazed on at the desert. “It looks like a long walk.”

“And hot,” Eema spoke up. “And if you smell something sizzling, it could be me.”

Blue stared at Eema first, then at the desert ahead of her. She gulped, preparing herself for the longest journey. 


Throughout the first day of the journey, Blue had to cover herself with her cloak to protect herself from the blazing sun. It was either that or suffer severe sunburns. 

She glanced back to find Eema, Url, and Baylene walking slowly behind her. She bit her bottom lip in hesitation before she steered Ferdinand to them. 

“How are you doing?” Blue asked them. “Are you okay?”

“Don’t worry about me, child,” Eema replied, even though she was panting heavily. 

The lemurs looked at Blue as she walked alongside them. She pulled out her canteen and held it close to Eema’s mouth. “Here, drink this. It’s water,” she whispered the last part. The last thing she needed is the whole herd destroying her canteen for the water. 

Eema drunk only a few drops as Blue tilted it high enough for her tongue to reach it. 

“Thank you, kid,” she said. 

Blue nodded and held the canteen up for Baylene to drink. The Brachiosaurus leaned forward to drink it, until there was only left for Payton. 

“Thank you, dear child,” Baylene said to her. 

Aladar had seen Blue do her kind deed and grinned before gazing up at the blazing sun. 

Nabel saw the herd slowing down and looked worried. “We need to rest soon.

“I got this,” Dean offered and blew his horn for everyone to stop walking so they can rest. 


Night had fallen, but the herd and humans are still moving, stars and the moon sparkling above them. 

Blue, on Ferdinand, rushed over to where Eema, who had gone off the side, is and walked alongside. “Hey, Eema, you’re wandering off a bit,” she said, patting her by the cheek. 

“That’s all I need,” the Triceratops commented. “A human by my side.”

With the help from Blue, she was able to follow the herd and humans again. 


She soon stopped in front of an unmoving gallimimus as the group continued on. Her eyes were about to flood with tears at seeing the defenseless creature perish from the long walk. Rodney saw her about to tear up and placed his hand on her shoulder. 

“There’s nothing you can do now,” he softly said to her before he went on, leaving her with the dead creature. 

Blue looked back when she heard growling from a short distance. The wolves who had chased after her in the desert were only a few hundred meters away from where she and Ferdinand are. She looked back at the gallimimus before she urged Ferdinand on forward. She can already hear the predators munching on the poor thing as she rode away. 


The sun had already risen up over the horizon and the herd and people had managed to get some rest before they moved on. Blue was sleeping on Aladar’s back, with Pilo and Suri sitting next to her.

A while later, Blue was finally awake and saw Eema fall to the ground, while Baylene and Url slowly walked. She rushed over to her just as Aladar was helping her up. 

“On your feet, Eema,” Aladar grunted as Blue helped him getting her off the scorching ground. 

“Can’t let those things eat you,” Blue said as she used as much strength as she had to push her up. “They’re out there waiting.”


Meanwhile, back at the castle of Mapplebarrow…

The maid walked down the hallway to Pandora’s room, a white dress in her hands. 

“Princess?” She knocked on the door, waiting for a response. “Your father’s requested for you to try this on.”

No response. 

“Pandora?” The maid said in worry.

Still no response. 

Curious, the maid opened the door to find Pandora’s room still in shambles from Todias’s rage. Her bed was a mess, glass and paper were scattered all over the floor, her drawer cabinets were opened—

The maid dropped the dress, a wedding attire, to the ground and ran away. 

“The Princess is gone!” Her cries echoed through the hallway when she burst through the door that led to the king and queen’s room. 

“What?” Todias glanced at the maid’s horrified eyes in an instant from his desk and his documents. Theresa looked up from her book and her eyes shrunk the moment she heard her daughter’s disappearance. 

Soon, word got around that the Princess was missing, nowhere to be found. The guards searched everywhere in Maplebarrow. They searched in shops, in the marketplace, in the training field, everywhere they could find. 

Conner watched from his balcony, his eyes staring at the numerous guards raiding houses and shops for his sister. Karina watched from inside, her hands clasped in front of her chest in worry; she had cared deeply for Pandora since she first met her. 

One of the guards came in through the door and approached Conner. 

“Any sign of her?” The prince asked. 

“No, your Highness,” the guard replied. “We’ve searched everywhere. But we’re doing everything we can.”

Conner felt horrible for what he had done. Karina noticed his worried and guilty look and placed her hand on his shoulder. He took her hand, kissed her head, and turned back at the village below them. 

One of the soldiers called for Todias, and he followed him to the stables. One of the stalls was empty, where Ferdinand once was.

“One of the horses, your Majesty,” General Holden said. “They must be missing the same night as the Princess.”

Todias thought for a moment. “She’s not in the village…but she’s somewhere in the world.”

His piercing eyes stared at the empty stall, then through the gates of Mapplebarrow. His eyes then turned to anger and determination. 

“General,” Todias ordered Holden, who stood up straight. “Round up your men, have them ready. We’re bringing her back, alive or dead.”

Angelina and Theresa gasped in horror. 

“Todias, you can’t!” The queen pleaded with her husband as he brushed harshly past her. “She might be killed already!” 

“If I find her and she refuses,” Todias said darkly. “She will be.”

Theresa tried to plead with him, but he ignored her as he mounted on his horse, Bronson already beside him and the rest of the army behind them. 

She, her son, and Karina watched on from the front gates of the castle as the king and the army marched through the gates of Maplebarrow and on their way to find Pandora, whatever it takes. 

Angelina watched from the front doorway, her eyes filled with worry and sorrow. “Ancestors, hear our prayer,” she said to herself, a tear streaming down her cheek. “Watch over my little míjita.”

Chapter 7: Chapter 6 (rewritten)

Notes:

Warning: contains nothing too major.

A/n: The two parts in the chapter are inspired by Dinosaur and Smallfoot novelization. Dinosaur does not belong to me, but to Disney.

Chapter Text

Nabel picked up the few pieces of crumbled dirt and rubbed her fingers against them. They crumbled up to more pieces in her hands. She looked back at Moses and the leaders and nodded with hope filled in her eyes. 

Bruton and Kron called out to signal the herd. They heard it and started to catch up after them. 

“The lake!” Eema exclaimed excitedly. 

“Ha, ha! We made it?” Yar asked in joy. 

“It’s just…over the hill, baby,” Eema nodded. 

“Oh, my goodness,” Baylene gasped in delight. 

Blue lit up and urged Grif on, running ahead of her. “C’mon, Eema! Water! Remember water?”

“It’s time to refresh…my memory,” Eema replied. 

Nabel, Moses, Kron, Neera, Bruton, and the two younger Iguanadons were the first to reach the peak of the hill. However, Nabel stopped when she saw the horrific and shocking sight in front of her. 

The lake was dried up, gone. Not even a single drop in sight. 

The herd and people gasped as they saw that the water was all gone. Blue gasped in shock and astonishment. 

“Can’t wait to get to that lake,” Eema said, then stopped as she arrived at the peak. “And soak it all in…”

The only left remaining are the remains of those who were left behind, trying to find water. 

“The rains must be collected somewhere else,” Bruton said, turning to look at Kron. “What do you want us to do?”

“Take a scout, and check the entire perimeter,” Kron replied. 

Bruton nodded and called for another dinosaur to go with him. 

Nabel heard whining and saw the little Iguanodons staring at the dried-up lake in worry. 

“It’s alright, little ones,” she said, and they turned to face her. “We’ll find a way to get some water.”

“We’ll rest here for a while, and then we’ll move on,” Moses called out to the herd and people. 

As soon as he had let them know, they started to put their personal belongings down to the ground and either stretched their muscles or sat on the earth. 

Blue continued looking on at the dried-up lake, her hopes withering away once more after hours of the long walk across the desert. 

“We need to keep moving now!” Kron’s voice boomed from a couple of meters. 

Blue looked over a few heads to hear Kron arguing with Moses and Nabel, while Dean and Sam checked over a few travelers. 

“We can’t keep going like this, Kron!” Nabel argued back. “We’ve never gone this far without water. If we keep doing this, we’ll lose half the herd!” 

“Then we save the half that deserves to live!” Kron concluded angrily. 

“Are you out of your mind, Kron?! We won’t make even two days without water!” Coran yelled. 

“Coran’s right!” Allura piped in. “We need to find water first before we move on!”

Blue then turned her attention to Eema and Baylene when she had noticed they were not beside her. She saw Eema lying on the ground from afar and Baylene walking towards her while Aladar and the lemurs tried to get her up. 

‘If I don’t save them soon, they won’t be able to make it. But how?’

Blue saw a shovel on one of the travelers’ carts then back at the lake. When Baylene had stepped on the ground, it sounded like water was moving underneath her feet. 

Big feet. Baylene’s feet. They could bring water up. 

Her eyes turned to determined. 

“Hyah!” Blue snapped Ferdinand’s reins, and they charged forward. 

She grabbed one of the travelers’ shovels, ignoring his calls as she turned Ferdinand around and headed straight to the dried-up lake. 

Moses turned around when he heard the crowd’s murmuring and saw Blue and Ferdinand running to where Baylene and Eema are. 

“Blue, what are you doing?” He called out to her. Tziporrah, Miriam, and Aaron turned around and faced his direction. “Blue!” 

But she didn’t listen. She still rushed to where Aladar and the others are. 

Aladar saw her approaching him and looked up from trying to get Eema up. “Blue, what are you doing?”

“Baylene, lift your foot!” She called out, not even bothering to answer. 

Baylene looked behind her and stopped. “Oh, what is it? What’s wrong?”

Blue jumped off Ferdinand and started shoveling the ground with all her might. She pushed the shovel down with her foot and threw dirt behind her. Zini and Aladar helped her out as well as they dug into the ground until the hole was wide enough. Sweat was pouring down from her forehead and her arms, but she didn’t care. She had to keep going. 

When she knew the hole is big enough, Blue and Zini climbed out of the hole, Ferdinand helping her out. “Now press down.”

Baylene placed her foot into the hole, and when she pressed down, water started to come out from underneath. 

“Woohoo! I always did like big girls!” Zini exclaimed excitedly. 

“Water,” Aladar and Blue both whispered. 

“Oh, my goodness,” Baylene said in surprise. 

“We gotta make more holes!” Blue ran to another spot. “There’s gotta be plenty more for everyone!”

Aladar bellowed to catch the herd and humans’ attention, just as Crash, Coco, Spyro, Gex, and a few travelers rushed to her with shovels in their hands. They had seen her dig up the ground to bring in water and decided to help her out. 

“Water! C’mon!” Aladar yelled to the herd and dug up the ground more for the water to spread. 

“They found water,” Neera whispered, stunned by Blue’s quick act of thinking. 

Blue started on another spot before she noticed another shovel in the corner of her eye. She glanced up to find Crash and the others beside her, grinning at her with pride. 

“That was quick thinking, Blue,” Spyro said to her, admired. “You saved us.”

Blue smiled, blushing, and kept digging. 

“That’s it, Eema,” Baylene said, relieved. “Come drink.”She leaned down and drank the water from the hole, the lemurs, Eema, and Url joining in. Blue and Aladar smiled at one another, relieved and amazed that water is still here. 

Just as she and the others had finished digging another hole and letting water through, Kron approached them, his gaze on Blue. 

“Kron, look. All we gotta do dig and—“ she started, but Kron interrupted her. 

“Good. Now get out of the way.”

He roared at Crash, Coco, the Travelers, and the people who helped Blue dig the other hole. As soon as they had backed away from him, he started drinking from the water-filled hole. 

Blue was no longer terrified of him, but she couldn’t believe he’s still acting this way, even though she had saved the herd and humans. 

She heard rumbling and roars and looked up to find them approaching her really fast. “Wait, wait! There’s plenty for everyone!” 

She whistled for Ferdinand, who thankfully came for her in time just before most of the herd and people surrounded the hole. She then went to another spot, with Crash, Coco, the Travelers, and the three others behind her. While they dug up more holes and pressed down as hard as they can for water to flow through with Aladar and Baylene’s help, Nabel looked on where she can see her clearly. 

She watched Blue step aside for a few younger dinosaurs to drink before she and the others went to a different place. After that, they guided a few more people and dinosaurs to the hole they’d currently dug up. 

‘She saved us,’ Nabel thought. ‘That girl saved us.’


Conner grabbed his bag, filled with food and water, from his chair as he prepared himself for the journey. He picked up his sword and a knife from the table and placed them on his sides. 

He had to get to his sister before his father and the army do. He had to warn her about them coming after her. He has to. 

Karina appeared at his doorway and saw the determined and worried look in his eyes. Conner stopped when he saw his lover standing at the door. “Karina. My love,” he said in surprise but kept packing. “I’m sorry, but I have to find Pandora. It’s urgent.”

“Didn’t you hear what your father said?” Karina asked him. “He said you are not to leave the castle until further notice.”

“He can throw me in jail for all I care.”

“Haven’t you told your mother and grandmother about this?”

“I’ll let them know as soon as I can. Right now, I need to find Pandora before Father and the army gets to her.”

“But why?” Karina demanded. “Why must you go after her?”

Conner stopped and sighed, a tear streaming down his cheek. “This is all my fault. I’m the one that ran her off like this.”

He placed his hand on his face, trying to cover up his tears. 

Karina’s eyes softened and walked to her lover. 

“Conner, hear what I say. Your sister has been a brave princess, all her life. And she never broke the boundaries that lay before her until now. She saved you from the wrath of your father, she saved you from all the wanderings he had put you through. Pandora will not abandon you,” Karina cupped his cheeks with her hands to look at him. “So don’t you dare abandon her.”

Conner looked at Karina, the tears no longer streaming down his cheeks, then realized she was right. When his father had made him spy on Pandora and Raiven at the village, when he had banned her from leaving the castle again and Conner from communicating with her in any way, he had been following him out of fear. 

There has to be another way, where Pandora doesn’t have to suffer at his father’s hands any longer. 

A way where she would no longer have to be living in fear again. Where he would keep his promise to keep her safe. 

It’s not too late. 

Conner took Karina by the hand and kissed her knuckle, his determination growing in him. He picked up his belongings and headed out the door. 

“I’m going to do it,” he said finally as he arrived at the stables. “I’ll find her!”

He mounted on his horse, just as the maid and Karina rushed towards him. 

“But what am I to tell your mother and grandmother, Your Highness?” The maid asked him in worry. 

“Tell them I’ve gone off to find Pandora,” Conner replied. “Let them know everything will be all right.” Then he rode off through the gates of Maplebarrow, his mind set on saving his little sister. 

Chapter 8: Chapter 7 (rewritten)

Chapter Text

The herd and people slept on the dried-up lake after a long day and night of walking. 

Aladar watched Blue as she rested against his leg, her breathing light and her chest rising up and down from underneath her cloak. He smiled as he recalled her brave deeds of saving the herd from earlier. 

“Alright, I’m gonna count to three and you better come out!” Suri’s voice came from the other side of the dried-up lake. 

Aladar and Blue, who had just woken up at his sudden movement, looked up and found Suri in front of a cavern, already counting down to three and talking to someone in that cave. The two got up and went over to where the younger lemur is, curious about who she is talking to. 

“Come on, come on out,” Suri continued speaking to the two young iguanodons in the cavern as they scooted further away from her. “No one’s gonna hurt you.”

“Hey, what’s going on?” Aladar and Blue had reached Suri and found the young Iguanodons in the cave. 

“The little Aladars wouldn’t leave the cave,” Suri answered. “I think they’re scared of me.”

“Well, who wouldn’t be? You are pretty scary,” Blue chuckled. 

Suri growled playfully at the young orphans. 

“Heh, heh. Come on, guys,” Aladar said to the baby iguanodons. They whimpered and backed away upon seeing him and Blue. 

“Hey, it’s okay,” Blue said, motioning to Suri. “She’s just a hairball.”

“And proud of it,” Suri spoke up. “C’mon, they’re gonna find you some water.” Then she followed Blue and Aladar to the dried-up lake. 

The young Iguanodons looked at one another before following behind the three. 

Crash, meanwhile, had just woke up and seen Blue with Aladar and Suri and the two baby Iguanodons at a spot on the lake. The blonde-haired girl took a shovel and started digging, Aladar and sure helping her out. 

Crash walked over to where they are, watching with astonishment and wonder. 

“Alright, so what you do is take your foot and press,” Aladar pressed his foot down on the hole. 

Water filled in from underneath. One of the baby iguanodons moved to have a closer look, but the second bumped into him. They started arguing and fighting before Blue, her sister instinct taking over, broke them apart quickly. 

“Hey, hey! C’mon! Knock it off, you two!” She said sternly. “Let’s focus here, okay? A little teamwork.”

Crash continued watching her as he walked towards them slowly, his eyes filling with wonder. 

“One, two, three. Press!” Aladar, Blue, and the young orphans pressed down in the hole together until there was enough water for them. Blue smiled as the two young Iguanodons drank from the water-filled hole. 

“Good job, Suri,” Aladar said to the younger lemur. Suri grinned at him, then stared back at the younglings. 

“So, where are your parents, anyway?” Blue asked them. 

“A few of us are on our own, now,” a new voice said. 

Blue looked up and saw Crash walking towards where she, Aladar, and Suri are. She didn’t notice it, but his cheeks were flushing red as a tomato. 

Oh, God, she is really beautiful in the rising daylight, he thought to himself. 

“You like kids, I see,” Crash commented. 

“Well, the chubby ones can be cute, too,” Blue said, receiving a chuckle from Crash. 

Peter and Rodney saw the two together and shook Martin and Chris awake for them to see. Aladar and Neera, who had come down from the hill watching him and Blue give the younger Iguanodons water, also watched the two women bond from afar.

“Why did you help the old ones and us?” Crash asked Blue as he got closer. 

“Well, what else could I do? Leave them alone to die?”

Crash glanced down at the ground, biting her bottom lip. Blue realized what he had meant by then. “Oh. You mean by…?” Blue asked. 

“Well, you won’t survive if you’re not…”

“Strong enough?” Blue finished. 

“Well, yeah,” Crash nodded. 

“Was that you talking, or Kron?” Blue asked again. 

Crash sighed and walked away. “Everything’s so different. I don’t know what to think anymore.”

Blue walked up to him as they stopped walking. “Hey, we look out for each other. We all stand a chance to get to your promised land.”

Crash turned and met the young girl’s soft gaze. “You sound so sure.”

“I’m not,” Blue said. “But it’s all I know.”

Crash smiled at her, his emerald eyes shining with hope. 

“So, um…oh,” Blue picked up the shovel again and started digging. “Water. I’ll, uh, I’ll get you some water.”

Crash smiled and watched as Blue dug a hole until it’s wide enough for the two. Then she gave the shovel to him. 

“Um, can I try?” Crash asked. 

“Sure, just press,” the blonde replied and picked up another shovel. 

Crash pressed down gently before his own shovel moved and touched Blue’s. He blushed as he glanced at her and chuckled. But they moved forward and accidentally bumped heads lightly, not too hard to cry in pain. 

“Oh! Sorry,” Crash laughed. 

“No, no. You go,” Blue smiled. 

Aladar and Neera grinned as they watched the two fill the hole with water when they pressed down. The lemurs, Peter, Rodney, and the two brothers also observed the women with grins. 

“One down and…” Yar started but looked at Zini, whose mouth dropped open. “Well, one down.”

Crash took a handful of water and brought it to his lips, while Blue filled her canteen with water and drank it slowly. The two took one glance at each other, and their cheeks turn light red as they smiled at one another. 

From atop the hill, Nabel watched the blonde-haired girl with soft yet cautious eyes. Her arms were lightly folded in front of her chest as she sat on the ground, her sword by her side. 

‘She saved our lives,’ Nabel thought. ‘But why do I still feel like she’s an enemy?’

Alli noticed the look in her sister’s eyes as she walking out of her and Cody’s tent. “Everything alright?” She asked her. 

She got up from the earth, wiping the dirt from her pants. “I just can’t help but feel that she’s still an enemy to us. Yes, she did save us by providing us water, but I can’t shake away the feeling of her not being one of us.”

“I may not know her, either, and neither may Moses, Tzipporah, Miriam, and Aaron or anyone else in our family,” Alli said to her. “But she needed a group to stay with until she can find her family again. Just for a while, and maybe we could help her in return for saving us.”

Nabel thought about what Alli told her, then looked at Blue and Crash. For almost a moment, she felt like she could trust her a bit. 

The sounds of clopping caught her and Alli’s attention. They spun around and found two men on horses running towards them. 

“An army! Heading our way!” The first man cried in fear. 

Kron, who was startled awake from the human’s shout, was shocked. “What? They’ve never come this far south.”

“How long until they catch up with us? What do they look like?” Nabel asked them. 

“They...they have the image of an eagle and lion...” the other man panted. “They have a red and golden flag in the front...Three or four days...less if they don’t rest their horses.”

Nabel, Alli, and Kron looked at one another, realizing they had no choice. “Have Bruton move the herd, as quick as possible!” Nabel demanded and ran to the Winchester brothers’ tent. 

“Dean!” She pulled open the curtain quickly as Dean was putting on his shirt, Sam already putting on his boots. 

They glanced at her, their eyes furrowing in worry when they saw the fear and desperation in her eyes. “Bel, what is it? What’s wrong?” Dean asked her. 

“No questions, for now, Dean! Get everyone up as quickly as you can! We need to move now!” She pleaded with him. 

Dean, even though he wanted to ask, nodded and stepped out of his tent with his horn. He blew onto it, waking the people up to pack their belongings, while Bruton, whom Kron had ordered, woke the herd up with his calls. 

“What’s happening?” Blue asked, watching the crowd already moving. 

“They’re moving the herd,” Crash replied in confusion. He and Blue both ran to where the leaders are, as well as Aladar and Neera. 

Kron overlooked the rushing herd, while Nabel and the other leaders counted and checked to see if they have everyone already accounted for. 

“Kron!” Neera called to Kron, who turned to find the two humans and Iguanodons standing a few inches from him. “What’s going on?”

“An army is heading our way!” He answered hastily. “If we don’t keep moving, they’ll catch up to us!” 

“But the others in the back,” Blue protested. “They’ll never make it!”

“They’ll slow them down,” Kron countered and turned back to the crowd. 

Blue clenched her fists tight and gritted her teeth as the words from his mouth repeated over and over again. Is he really going to leave these innocent creatures to fend for themselves? When they had no strength left?

“You can’t sacrifice them like this!” Blue bellowed. She ran towards Nabel and the leaders up on the hill with fire in her eyes. 

“Blue, no!” Crash tried to warn her, but his warning didn’t come in time. 

“Moses, Nabel, wait!” Blue called out to them. She silently thanked the heavens above they had heard her. “Eema, Baylene, Url! We can’t leave them behind! We gotta wait for them!” 

Moses looked at to where Blue pointed. He can see the three dinosaurs and Aladar with the lemurs helping them up from afar. He then saw the pleading look in Blue’s eyes. He had understood that she didn’t want them to be left behind. 

“Dean, call out to the front of the crowd,” he ordered the older Winchester. “We’ll wait for the others.”

But Kron was less than pleased about Blue’s worry for the other three dinos. He roared in anger and charged at her fast. 

“Blue, watch out!” Crash yelled to her. 

Blue didn’t react in time. She was instantly thrown to the ground by Kron’s snout, screaming in the process. She grunted when her body made contact with the dirt, and she was sure that her arm might be broken while she was trying to break the fall. 

“Kron, stop!” Nabel demanded, fear in her tone. 

But Kron didn’t listen. 

Blue’s eyes widened when she saw Kron who is about to strike her again, roaring. She closed them tightly, bracing herself for the impact.

However, Neera suddenly shoved him away from the girl and pushed him down to the dirt. The herd and the people gasped in shock and stopped walking as they watched the event unfold from below. Even Eema, Baylene, and Url stopped in horror at what they are seeing. 

Kron looked up from the ground in complete shock as Neera panted heavily, anger glowing in her eyes as she stared down at him. Aladar stood over Blue and nuzzled his snout against the human’s cheek gently. He had seen her about to cry and cradling her surely broken arm from the fall. 

He then helped her get up slowly while she held her injured arm. Miriam and Tzipporah rushed over to her, the two women holding her with support. 

Allura glanced in Neera’s direction and glared at Kron greatly. “Are you out of your mind, Kron?! She was worried deeply for these innocent creatures! She didn’t want to leave them behind—“

“They would have slowed down the army that is chasing us!” Kron protested, slowly getting up from the ground. “She was interfering! I had to step in!”

“There’s that,” Moses argued. “And there’s the fact that you care more about your life than our people’s! We will discuss your methods when we find a place to rest for the night! Until then, you are to stay with us at all times and not to come anywhere near her or any of the people and herd again!” 

Kron was taken aback by Moses’s angry tone as he walked away, the others following behind him. He looked at Aladar and Neera, who followed Miriam and Tzipporah carrying Blue gently due to her injured arm. 

“Neera!” Kron yelled for his sister. 

Neera heard him, but she didn’t dare come towards him. She continued to walk with the other humans and Aladar beside her. 

Kron, even though he was shocked and at loss with the way the people are protecting the young human, sighed and slowly followed the human leaders. 

Blue was trembling hard by the time she had caught up with the herd and people, including Eema, Bayleene, and Url, to her relief. Tears were already filling up her eyes, but she wiped them away hurriedly. 

The way Kron had run at her, the way he knocked her down to the ground, the way he was going to strike her…he reminded her greatly of her father. Anger in his eyes, a loud roar similar to her father’s voice. 

She didn’t want to think about it, but it was nearly impossible. 

Crash, Coco, Spyro, and the Travelers ran up to Blue, with Ferdinand safely being held by the reins. 

“Blue!” Crash and the others caught with her beside her, his face filled with worry and sympathy. “Are you okay?” 

“I don’t think so,” Blue replied shakingly. “I think—I think my arm’s broken.”

“That’s no problem,” Gamora added, rubbing her back tenderly. “We’ll have it fixed up when we find a place to rest for the night.”

Blue nodded in understanding and glanced down back at the ground. 


It was nearly nightfall when the herd and people found a place to rest for the evening. Blue sat patiently on the ground while Maria and Manolo fixed up her broken arm. She’d winced when she felt pressure pressed hard onto her arm and bite the inside of her cheeks and her lip to prevent a scream from coming out. 

Manolo noticed her pained expression and smiled lightly at her. “Y’know, it’s okay to cry,” he said to her. “It won’t take long.”

“I get it,” Blue replied, wincing again as another pressure was pressed on her arm. “I just didn’t want to show myself as weak, y’know.”

“That’s understandable,” Maria added. “You were brave when you said you didn’t want to leave the other three dinosaurs behind.”

“I didn’t want to leave them behind, that’s all,” Blue said. “They have too much to live for. If anything, they don’t deserve to be treated like this.”

The two small Iguanodons walked into the tent. The first one sat next to the human girl and rested his head on her lap. The other nuzzled his snout next to her cheek. She smiled and petted the first one resting on her lap, then the second, with her unbroken hand.

“I think these little guys wanted to thank you, Pay,” Maria chuckled. 

“I can see that,” Blue responded, still petting the first Iguanodon. 

Maria soon finished stitching a cast-like fabric on the younger woman’s arm, and Blue looked at with wonder. “Wow,” she said, impressed. “I didn’t know you can heal people like that.”

“I’m really glad my father provided me medical lessons for situations like this,” Maria grinned, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. “So, you should let that sit there for about a few weeks or more. Hopefully, not too long.”

“I appreciate that, Maria. Thanks.”

“No, thank you,” she replied. “If it weren’t for you, we would have lost more of the herd back there.”

Blue smiled at her and Manolo. 


A small fire raged silently in front of her as she sat with her healed arm resting on her legs. Ferdinand laid next to her, unmoving apart from his chest rising up and down. 

Blue stared at the fire in front of her, the sounds of people chattering reaching her ears from afar. She watched the embers from the fire rise to the dark-blue heavens, disappearing from bright red to gray dots that are invisible in the night. 

An army…heading their way. A red and golden flag with an eagle and lion. She’d recognized that flag before. 

Her father knew about her escape. How he knew she couldn’t understand herself. 

But the only thing she knew was he’s coming for her. And she knew he would never rest until he has her back. 

A faint cry of an eagle reached her ears. She looked up and saw the bird land near her on a branch of a log that is laying near her. The eagle looked at her and tilted its head. Blue glanced at a note attached to its leg and squinted her eyes. 

“What…” Blue pulled the note from the attached device and unrolled it open. 

She read the words written on the paper, and as she read it in her head, her eyes began to fill up with tears. 

“My little míjita, 

If you are alive, if you are reading this, it means we knew. Late at night, you had disappeared, you took our hearts with you. Our hearts filled with love and support for you. When you had revealed your secret by accident that night, we were taken aback by that revelation. When your father took his anger and hate towards homosexuals out on you and your friend, we were overwhelmed by helplessness and fear by the anger your father placed on you. But now we realize that you are still yourself, the girl that stood where she is no matter what anyone said and who she is facing. Your mother and I still love you very much, little míjita. And we will always be with you. 

Love, Nana.”

Her tears fell to the paper, soaking it by the second. A smile slowly came across her face. Blue still looked at the letter as she smiled. 

A while later, she placed her own letter onto the device attached to the eagle’s leg. She lifted the creature by her non-injured arm and smiled onto the dark blue horizon. 

“I’m gonna be alright, Nana,” she whispered. “I promise.”

Blue lifted her arm up, sending the eagle back up to the sky. She watched the bird fly off to the direction it went from as she sat on the ground with a hopeful grin. 

Chapter 9: Chapter 8 (rewritten)

Notes:

Sorry I have been busy with things lately, but this story is in progress and coming together.

I will see you all again soon!

Chapter Text

In the tent, Nabel sighed as she glanced down at the map with Alli, Moses, Tzipporah, Dean, Allura, Shiro, Coran, and Neera, who is looking over a hole made for her to see through, beside her. “So that’s it, then?” She asked one of the men who had alerted the herd and people back then. “We don’t have any options left?”

“I’m afraid so, milady,” the man meekly nodded. 

Blue was outside the tent playing with a few children and watching over them when she overheard the news from the inside. Her curiosity overtaking her, she walked in and signaled the children privately to wait outside. 

“I’m sorry to interrupt here, but is there something the problem?” She asked the people as politely as she can. 

“We’ve got a big problem, all right, Miss Blue,” Coran replied, a crestfallen and desperate look in his eyes. “We have heard from one of our messengers that the army that is following us knows that we are heading towards the Promised Land. We’ve talked over many options, but we are uncertain if they would work.”

“The army knew where we are heading?” Blue questioned horrified. 

“I’m afraid so,” Moses replied. “They might be planning on taking the original path we’re about to take. They’ll be ambushing us the moment we get there.”

Blue bit her lip, but when she looked down at the map, her eyes lit up. “Why not take an original, alternate path?” She suggested. 

The leaders looked at her. “What?” Allura asked, raising an eyebrow. 

“If we take a different path to the Promised Land…” Blue picked up a pen and started drawing a line on the map. “…we can avoid the army ahead of us, we’ll be able to leave them stranded and without a trace for them to find. Therefore, we’ll be able to arrive at the Promised Land with the army still behind.” She finished the line at a large piece of green, the Promised Land, and marked an ‘X’. The leaders scanned it with awe, while Tzipporah and Allura beamed at her. 

“It seems like it could work,” Shiro nodded. “But the alternate path would take even longer than we thought.”

“Even so, the army will have no idea where the Promised Land really is or how to get there properly,” Neera’s grin grew, her eyes lighting up. “It’s perfect!”

“How do you know how to do this?” Coran asked the young girl, impressed. 

“My grandfather taught me before he passed a couple of years ago,” Blue replied. “Even since then, I’ve taught myself more frequently behind my father’s back.”

“Blue, you’re a genius,” Nabel beamed lightly at her. “Seems we found a new path for the Promised Land.”  

Blue smiled back at her in reply. She really did help them. 

And now they are on their way to the Promised Land. 


Blue stared up at the blue sky later on, sitting with Ferdinand eating some grass beside her. She rested on a log, her hands beside her on both sides to steady her. She inhaled the fresh air and sighed with eased content. 

She had never been outside the palace in so long…

“You enjoying the outside?” A voice behind her caught her off guard. 

She yelped in fright and nearly fell off the log she was sitting on. She relaxed when she saw the older Kratt brother walking towards her with his backpack behind him and a grin on his face. 

“Oh. Martin,” Blue laughed, catching her breath and clutching her chest. “S-sorry, I didn’t know…”

“It’s all good,” Martin understood. “Besides, figured we can, maybe, hang out as acquaintances…”

“Guess so,” she shrugged. 

Martin stood next to her and stared off to the horizon in the same direction as Blue. She smiled at the thought of the views afar from her home, but it fell when she remembered her time behind the kingdom walls. 

“Sure is beautiful away from where you’re from, huh?” Martin asked her. 

“Yeah...” she replied, still crestfallen.

“But I mean, like, imagine living in a palace,” Martin pondered loudly. “Going to parties. Having servants and valets...”

“Sure, people telling you where to go, how to dress...” Blue counted down the reasons, her hand under her chin. 

“That’s better than living in a smaller house,” Martin went on. “Having to pay for food and trying to make ends meet...”

“Not free to make your own choices...” Blue continued. 

“Sometimes you feel so...”

“You’re just...”

“Trapped.” Both Martin and Payton both finished with one word. They glanced at one another and smiled. 

“So, um,” Martin picked up two apples from his bag and tossed one at Blue. “Where are you heading from?”

Blue caught it and frowned at the question. “Doesn’t matter. I’m running away, and I’m not going back.”

“Really?” Martin took a bite of his apple and tossed it to Ferdinand and walked towards her. “Why’s that?” 

Ferdinand took a glance at the apple left with a bite mark but shrugged and ate it from the ground. Martin sat next to Blue, who still had her apple and sighed. “My father’s forcing me to marry someone I barely know and love,” she answered, looking away. 

Martin’s eyes widened. “Wow, that’s...that’s horrible.”

Blue nodded and continued to stare down at the ground. She tried her best not to think about the distraught look of Raiven as she was taken away by the guards, her father’s face filled with much anger at her secret revealed to him by accident. But it was all impossible for her to not think about it. 

She sighed and laid her head on her arms. “It really is...”

“Well, that seems unfair,” Martin said. 

Blue looked up at him surprised. “Really?”

“Yeah, well,” he went on. “I just wish there was something I can do to help you out.”

She smiled at him and replied, “That’s the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to me.”

Martin smiled at her in return. 

At that moment, the two felt someone coming up from behind them and instantly knew who the about-to-be attacker could be. 

“Don’t even think about it, Winchester,” Martin still smiled. 

Dean stopped just as he was about to blow on his horn behind Martin and Blue. He sighed in defeat when he realized he got caught. 

“How did you know it was me?” Dean asked, circling around the pair. 

“One, I’m your friend, I know everything about you since,” Martin began and got up. “Two, because you’ve been trying to scare anyone you see for the past few days with your damn horn trick. Even Blue managed to catch you off-guard and made her own trick against you. And three, how much longer until you’re done with the stunts you’ve been trying to pull on us?”

“C’mon, man, you know I like to do stuff like that,” Dean shrugged nonchalantly. “I’m not gonna give up what I like to do.”

“Yeah, but I still like how Blue here got you before you even managed to scare her,” Martin grinned. Blue covered her mouth, stifling her laughter. 

“Laugh all you want, guys,” Dean said, placing his hands on his hips. “I will get back at you one day.”

Blue finally bit on the apple Martin had given to her and gave a small smirk at Dean. “Love to see you try again.”

Martin was suddenly tackled down to the ground from behind by his younger brother, yelping in surprise. Blue jumped up from the log and gasped shocked, dropping her apple in the process. 

“Hey, Blue,” Chris greeted her while pinning down Martin. “You’re looking very swell today.”

“Hey, Chris,” Blue replied, flustered. 

Other blurs of different colors ran by her and began to roughhouse with Dean and Martin. The two yelled alarmed as they are suddenly caught in a playful fight. 

Blue backed away, nervous about the event. Sure, she knew how to fight and defend herself, but she wasn’t expected to be pulled into something like this. 

As in Lance had grabbed her by her wrist gently, wrapped his arm around the waist, and laughed triumphantly. 

“I have captured the lovely maiden of a faraway land,” he said, mimicking an evil villain, and dipped her down. “With you by my side, I shall be the most powerful ruler of all that lays before me.” 

Blue blushed and covered her cheeks to hide her red face. “Um. I’m sorry, what?”

“Just go along with it,” Pidge whispered to her. “It’s a little game we like to play as kids.” She then stood up and made a heroic pose, along with Keith and Hunk. Dean, Sam, Martin and Chris were still playfully fighting with one another in the background. 

“Alright, evil overlord,” Keith said in a daring tone. “Your ruling days are over. Release the young damsel and we shall spare you.”

“You dare face the wrath of the most powerful—“ Lance yelped instantly when Blue rammed her heel on his foot hard enough not to hurt him. She then managed to slip away from underneath his grasp and twist him by the arm in a flash. Lance nearly cried in pain from her grip as she had him pinned. Keith, Pidge and Hunk gasped and stared at her wide-eyed. The two pairs of brothers also stopped play-fighting to find Blue and Lance in her not-so-hard grip. 

“Did I mention I also know how to fight at the age of fourteen?” She smirked. 

“How in the world—“ Martin was cut short as Chris tackled him back down on the ground, laughing. 

“Wow, Blue! That was awesome!” Pidge looked up at Blue with stars in her eyes. 

“You actually took down Lance in a millisecond!” Hunk remarked amazed. 

“I gotta say, that is impressive,” Keith grinned at her, folding his arms. 

“Yeah, yeah. That was awesome—“ Lance cried out when Blue still had his arm pinned behind his back. “Hey, hey, hey! Blue! Okay, you win!”

Blue perked up in confusion at another direction from Lance. A gray spot moved around behind the bushes. She titled her head curiously, not knowing her tightening grip on Lance until his screams reached her ears. 

“Ow! Yo, yo! Let go!” He shouted. 

Blue gasped when she noticed that she is gripping him too tight and let him go. “S-sorry about that,” she quickly apologized. 

“Wow, what kind of fiery fighter are you?” Lance glowered at her, rubbing his arm that was grabbed too hard. 

Blue didn’t answer his question, even as Hunk started theorizing that she may be a descendent of the Goddess of War. She gazed intensely at the bushes, trying to find the grey spot through a clear opening. Every fiber in her body was screaming danger at her, warning her to get out of here and warn the leaders of the large crowd. 

She finally sighed deflated and stood back up, ready to return to the others. She had used the instinct she trained herself to listen for danger, she’d listened carefully and watched closely as she could. 

Yet she couldn’t see anything behind the bushes…

“Listen to me. She enjoys an apple, I enjoy an apple…” Hunk tried to reason with Lance and the others. 

“She looks nothing like it…” Lance countered. 

Her eyes then saw a blob, the same grey-colored spot, crouching behind the other side of the camp and stalking towards Moses, who is discussing something with Tzipporah. Her heart dropped instantly to the pit of her stomach. 

“Moses!” Blue cried and ran towards him. 

The wolf creature roared loudly and pounced at Moses. He instantly spun around and gasped before covering himself and Tzipporah. 

Blue sprang up and tackled the wolf away from the two mid-air. They both rolled on the ground, a few people backing away to avoid being hit, before she got up and backed away. The wolf also stood back on its four legs and snarled at her. It stalked slowly towards her, not even giving a second glance at the terrified people and herd who are now yelling for her to run.

The young girl didn’t listen to their pleas, for she was already beginning to become scared and unable to steady herself. She reached for her sword and held it in a steady, firm manner, even though her hands were shaking heavily. Her eyes were wide with terror, yet she is struggling to show her bravery at the creature. 

The wolf barred its shape fangs at her, drool leaving from the sides of its mouth, and rolled its shoulders. 

Blue whimpered but still gripped her blade tightly. 

The large dog leaped at her once more, its teeth shining in the light. She knocked him away from her with the sheath of her sword before pulling the blade out completely. The creature got back up from the earth and swiftly jumped at her once more. 

This time, Blue didn’t knock it away from her. Her sword was flown out of her hands as she was tackled to the ground by the wolf. 

It snarled at her and tried to chomp at her. She held him back with her one arm as she reached for her sword, which had fallen inches from where she was fought down. The more she tried to grab it, the closer the wolf was getting to her face. She cried as it once again bit at her, mere centimeters closer to her cheek. 

The dog-like creature was suddenly flung off of her and whined as it fell to the earth once more. 

Blue scooted away and gasped astonished when she looked up at her savior. 

Crash stood in front of her with his own blade, with Spyro holding two fireballs next to him, both of them staring down the wolf beast. The wolf growled, showing its teeth in the sunlight. 

“Come on, you son of a bitch!” Crash yelled, his grip on the blade growing more tighter. 

The wolf bared its teeth in reply, its golden eyes not leaving the two nor Blue. 

It then sprang up at them again, but Spyro tackled it away from them in time before leaping at it. They rolled out into the bushes, disappearing behind the leaves. Crash followed after them, his sword ready for the fight. 

“Crash!” Blue cried and reached out to him. 

Alex, Rodney, Shiro, and Manolo gently grabbed her and held her protectively. They knew how worried she was for Crash and Spyro, but they didn’t want to risk her putting herself in danger to try and save them again. 

Crash disappeared behind the leaves like Spyro and the wolf did. The sounds of yelling, growling and slashing reached the people and herd’s ears. 

Blue frantically searched through the greens for any signs of the brown-haired boy, his friend, anything. Her eyes were wide with panic and worry, her orbs swiftly shifting from one place to another through the shrubs. 

‘Please, God,’ she thought. ‘Please, let them be alive.’

The noises soon stopped and the leaves began to rustle. The people and herd gasped, horrified. Blue’s eyes went big with fear and anticipation. 

Crash and Spyro stepped out through the shrubs, their clothes slightly shredded from the battle. A couple of drops of blood was on Spyro’s face as he rubbed his arm. 

“Crash! Spyro!” Blue yelled in relief and freed herself from Shiro’s hold. She ambushed Crash with a hug, close to sobbing. 

Crash embraced her back, sighing with comfort. He tensed up when he looked over the girl’s shoulder. The Kratt brothers and Lance wiggled their eyebrows at him. Rodney, Alex, Manolo, Peter, and Migo gave him the biggest grins they could muster. With his face flushed pure red, he quickly motioned for them to hush by pretending to zip his lips swiftly. 

“Thank God you’re okay,” Blue pulled away and laughed in relief. 

“Sorry if I gave you a scare,” Crash shrugged, his lips cracked to a small grin. 

“You okay, Blue? The wolf didn’t getcha, did it?” Spyro asked the young girl. 

“No, I—I don’t think so,” she replied, shaking her head. “But why do you think it attacked us like this?” 

A soft whine echoed from the other side of the bushes beside the three. They swiftly spun around, aiming their swords at the source. Crash stood in front of Blue, a determined and brave glint staying in his eyes. 

The leaves began to rustle more violently as the object got closer. The three, the people and the herd readied themselves for the terrifying reveal. 

A small wolf cub hopped through the leaves before falling to the ground and standing back up. The two and Keith both raised questioning eyebrows. Some people let out sighs of comfort, others hummed in confusion. 

“A wolf cub?” Tulio asked. 

“We can’t be sure if it’s dangerous,” Nabel warned. 

Blue stepped forward gradually and lowered her weapon. Even though it is only a small cub, she still needed to check if it’s like its parents. She went on both her knees and extended her hand out to the cub slowly. She turned away and shut her eyes as tight as she could. 

A furry small head was the only thing touching her palm. 

Blue gasped and glanced back at the little pup. It was wagging its tail and panting with content. 

“That’s a wolf cub,” Chris theorized, hiding behind Martin. “Looks about 14 weeks after he was born.”

“That’s gotta be why that wolf attacked Blue and Moses,” Gamora added. “They were protecting their young.”

The pup barked and leaped into Blue’s arms. It then licked her cheek, prompting her to giggle. “Father may not be a dog fan,” she said to the young cub. “But you sure are adorable.”

“Moses, are you sure about this?” Neera asked the older man nervously. “The young one may have inherited his parents’ instincts.”

“Not unless we train him to fight alongside and protect us,” Dean suggested. “I mean, we do that with our pets, right?” 

Blue gazed at the leaders with a hopeful look. The cub yapped joyfully in her arms. 

Martin yelled and jumped onto Chris, and they both fell to the ground. Aviva and Koki held back giggles at the fallen brothers. 

Nabel, Moses, and the leaders looked at one another before Moses spoke up. “Well, wouldn’t hurt to have a wolf cub in the herd.”

“So, he’s staying with us?” Blue asked hopefully. 

“As long as he doesn’t cause any trouble,” Allura added. The mice on her shoulders nervously hid behind her neck as the pup stared at them curiously. 

Blue beamed gratefully at the leaders as she stood up from the ground with the pup still in her arms. 

Crash felt her cheeks go red, which stayed that way even as the people and herd prepared themselves for the evening. 

He watched Blue play with the wolf cub and eyeing him carefully to make sure he doesn’t run off. He sighed and smiled at her. 

“You like her, do you?” Lance smugly asked him. 

He jumped, startled, and found him, Peter, Rodney, Tulio, and Dean smiling at him mischievously.

“What? Whatcha talking about?” Crash pretended to not notice Blue by looking around. 

“Don’t play dumb,” Dean grabbed him by the head and turned towards where Blue is sitting. “Her, the girl with short hair and blue eyes.”

Crash’s cheeks went red again as he was forced to stare at her. 

“Trust us, a few of us had fallen in love at first sight,” Tulio spoke up next, his arms folded. “You’ve fallen in that category.”

“C’mon, guys,” Crash shook himself free from Dean’s gentle grasp and scoffed. “You’re probably seeing wrong. There’s nothing going between me and her.”

“Alright,” Peter shrugged and started to walk off with his comrades. “But sooner or later, you’re gonna have to admit that you like her more than a friend.”

Crash wanted to argue back, but he stopped and closed his mouth. He returned his gaze back at the blonde-haired girl, who giggled at the cub’s playful manner. 

His cheeks went to a darker red as he observed her even more. “Maybe they’re right,” he mumbled, smiling. 

Chapter 10: Chapter 9 (rewritten)

Chapter Text

Slowing down his horse, Conner saw a pair of tracks on the dried-up lake and jumped off. He knelt down and traced his fingers over the tracks before sniffing it and rubbing his fingers together. Two days he had been following his father’s army and the “band of slaves” Pandora is with, and he had already lost them after he was getting close. 

He looked up at the rising sun and squinted his eyes to see better. 

I don’t know how far or where you are right now, Pandora, he thought. But I’m not giving up until I find you.

Conner mounted on his horse again and rode off through the tracks. 


“Okay, okay, how about this one?” Peter waved his hand around, as Blue, with the wolf cub in her arms, and the guys rode on their horses alongside him. “Back when I was eight, my mother was still alive...”

“Uh, Quill, maybe you should save this story for the adults,” Rodney said to him. “Right now, Blue here doesn’t want to hear it.”

“Correction, Mr, Copperbottom,” Blue piped in. “I’m barely eighteen, therefore I can listen to Peter’s story. But if it becomes too much for me to handle, I’ll ask him to stop.”

“Hah! She gets it!” Peter laughed. 

“Well, excuse me for that comment, but you kinda look like you could be fifteen or something,” Rodney remarked. 

“Yeah, I’ve been told that a lot,” Blue shrugged. Ferdinand nodded in agreement at her reply. 

“Alright, so who else has got stories to tell?” Dean asked next. No one said anything before they turned to Blue, who tensed up a little. 

“Uh, well, I don’t think so,” she shook her head. 

“Why’s that?” Tulio raised a questionable eyebrow at her while leaning forward on Miguel’s back. 

“Well, I may be good at writing stories, but I’m not good at telling them,” she tried to reason. 

“Hey, there are some things we’re not good at. But that doesn’t mean we can’t improve of them by practicing,” Martin added. 

“Yeah, but what am I supposed to tell about?” Blue asked. 

“Y’know, a childhood memory, what you used to do as a kid that you don’t regret even now, what your life was like. Just anything you can think of,” Sam told her. 

She thought about what she wanted to say, but then her escape from Maplebarrow crossed her mind. She unwillingly wondered about Raiven’s face filled with solemnness and her enraged father. Even if she did come up with something to tell, there’s a good chance she could blow away her cover. 

“Maybe next time,” she finally answered. 

The guys groaned playfully at her reply. 

“Oh, come on!”

“Surely, you’ve got a good story.”

“Lighten up, kid. What’s on your mind?”

“Come on, you know you wanna tell us.”

“No,” Blue laughed a little. “I’m not in the mood at the moment. Maybe later, okay?”

“Well, thanks for saving me a turn,” Dean shook his head at the young girl. “Anyway, back when Sam and I were kids...”

As Dean started telling his friends about one of his childhood, Blue couldn’t help but smile at them. 

It’s gonna be a long journey, she thought. A pretty fun one, actually. 


Angelina’s eagle soared across the sky before dropping down towards where Blue is. 

When she saw the bird, she raised her arm up to let the eagle land on it. She took a paper out from the carrier and read it, while the eagle perched himself on her shoulder. 

Meanwhile, Nabel was sitting on the back of a cart with a blanket covering the top with some of the leaders. She saw Blue with a smile reading the letter and beamed softly at her. 

She then watched her pull out a pen and paper from her bag and write down her own letter for a few minutes. Soon, Blue packed her letter in the carrier on the eagle’s leg before raising her arm back up. 

The young girl then let the eagle soar off in the same path he came in. 


A young child, close to the age of six, ran up next to Blue on his small horse and looked up at her. After studying her stature, he straightened his back and pretended to be her riding on Ferdinand. 

Gamora and Cappy saw this and giggled at the young child. 

Blue heard them and glanced down in time, only to find the child resuming his original posture. 

She sighed and shook her head, quietly chuckling at him. Even though she didn’t see him practicing the same posture as her, she could tell he was mimicking her moves. 


The same child from before was about to pick a berry from a bush while carrying a basket. 

Blue was able to stop him by gently grabbing his wrist. She showed him the ripe berries on the bush while gesturing that the one that he was about to grab isn’t ripe yet. He looked up at her with wonder before he took the berries that are ripe and placed them in his basket. 

She beamed at him and return to reading her book. The young child soon collected enough berries that are ripe and saw her reading her book before he stood on his toes and read over her shoulder. Blue felt his presence and let him read with her. 


At night, the guys, some of the maidens, and children gathered around the fire. Peter was telling one of his favorite stories his mother used to tell her as a child. 

As he told the most intense part of the story, a younger girl gasped and scooted unintentionally in front of Blue and the young wolf cub, clutching her doll. 

Blue noticed the child scooting up to her and smiled down at her reassuringly when the youngster looked up at her. She carefully wrapped an arm around her, silently ensuring her that she’s right here. 

Crash eyed the short-haired girl quietly calming the child and beamed at her without the young girl noticing. 


The herd and people walked through a large field of dandelions, some of the wildflowers still there, yet progressing. The human children laughed and ran around while some of them picked up dandelions and blew on them, sending them flying up in the air. 

The child who was imitating Blue gave her a dandelion before returning to play with his friends. She beamed at where he ran off to and blew on them, sending a few seeds flying. 


Dean, Sam, Tulio, and Miguel stared up at the stars while Pidge and Rodney explained the history of the night suns. Blue laid against Ferdinand, with Crash sitting beside her and the wolf cub. 

The blonde-haired girl glanced at Crash, who eyed her. They both turned away, blushing and smiling a bit. 


Rain fell from the clouds and onto the herd and people, who had covered themselves with anything they can use to protect themselves. 

Blue, who had her cloak over herself, watched the children jump onto the puddles formed by the rains and laughed gleefully. A small grin formed on her face as she remembered the fun times she used to share with her brother. 


Standing at the top of a hill, Tulio, Miguel, and Martin walked towards the edge, with Blue following behind them. 

The guys outstretched their arms as the wind blew past them and leaned forward a bit towards the ledge. Blue stepped forward but hesitated for a moment before stepping beside Martin. She held her arms up as she was flying and leaned forward. She gasped and laughed ecstatically, the hard winds holding her and the guys from falling over. The wind suddenly stopped blowing, and the four fell down the hill, screaming. 

They eventually landed on a mud puddle, their screaming cut short. When Tulio and Martin both sat up straight, their hair is revealed to be styled in different cuts due to being covered in mud. 

Miguel and Blue both laughed at them and held onto their sides. 

Martin smirked and messed around with her hair before styling them to a high hairdo. He chuckled, along with Tulio and Miguel, and got up from the mud pile. Blue, who is now chuckling, followed behind the guys and headed back to the herd. 


The men who had alerted Nabel and the leaders sped to the front of the crowd until they caught up with them. The leaders and Blue, who carried the wolf cub in her arms, stopped just in time before the men halted their horses. 

“Nabel! Moses!” One of the men shouted, panting heavily when they finally stopped in front of them. “We have got a problem, a much bigger one. The army that is following us, they have begun to catch up with us. They’re getting closer by the minute.” 

“But we lost them back at the Valleys,” Allura protested. 

“Then you don’t suppose they’ll follow those footsteps,” one of the messengers gestured to the tracks behind them. 

The leaders and Blue looked behind them and found foot tracks created by the herd and people. Blue thought about what to do before her eyes lit up. She tugged on Nabel’s sleeve, catching her and the leaders’ attention. 

“I got an idea,” she softly said to them. 


“Okay, this is new,” Tulio remarked as he and Miguel rode on the back of a mammoth with Chel behind them. 

Some of the people rode on a few mammoths, with Blue and the leaders in the front. The rest of the herd followed behind them, while other humans kept their carts and rode alongside them. 

“Ha, ha! Riding a large creature to avoid the army that is chasing us!” Drax cheered as he rode with Groot and Rocket on his shoulders and head. “Ingenious plan!”

A few of the children cheered and laughed while riding on their mammoths and held onto one another to prevent themselves from falling off. 

Nabel smiled back at the laughing children, but when she turned at what’s in front of her, her smile fell. 

Blue was leading the herd and people through a shallow lake. She looked over her shoulder to find Nabel and the leaders looking worried and beamed at them reassuringly. 

The water only went up to the people’s legs as they walked through the lake, while the mammoths walked through with ease. 

Blue, placing the wolf cub on her head tenderly, stood up on her mammoth’s back and outstretched her arms to both sides of her. When she looked behind, some of the guys did the same, as well as a few of the human children. 

Nabel, as carefully as she could, stood on her own mammoth’s back and steadied herself by outstretching her arms. When she finally steadied herself, she glanced back up at the younger girl with a wide grin. 

Blue laughed and faced the river path in front of her once more. 'We’re on our way home,’ she thought. ‘I’m on my way.’

Chapter 11: Chapter 10 (rewritten)

Chapter Text

The first thing she saw in front of her was darkness. Nothing but pitch black emptiness surrounding her. She gasped and spun around, hoping to see any bit of light. 

“Hello?” She called out, her voice echoing around her. “Anyone?” 

After what seemed like forever, spinning around and trying to find any light, a glow gradually appeared behind her. She gasped and shielded her eyes with her hand as the glow grew brighter by the second. Adjusting to the lights now in front of her, her eyes shrunk in terror. 

The village of Maplebarrow covered in vast flames. A few villagers ran around and screamed, some children crying their eyes out as they watched soldiers slaughter their parents. 

In the center of the burning town was Raiven. Her dress torn to shreds at the bottom, her hair scraggly, her eyes filled with devastation as tears streaked her cheeks When she saw her friend, her orbs shrunk. 

“Pandora, help me!” She cried out, outstretching her hand out to her. 

“Raiven!” She yelled back. 

She couldn’t move her arms or legs. Her body refused to move from the current position. She could only stare at her helpless friend as she was engulfed by the flames around her, her own tears clouding her vision. 

“Raiven!!” She shouted at the top of her lungs. 

A towering figure slowly rose from behind her, his sword gripped by his hand. 

“No daughter of mine will be part of this village like this,” the man glowered down at her. He raised his sword in the air. 

She couldn’t turn around, but she could already sense her father about to make the kill. An ear-bleeding shriek left her lips one last time before the sword went to strike down on her.

Blue shot up in a flash and gasped, before catching her breath. Her eyes bloodshot and wide, her skin streaked by beads of sweat. She could have sworn her hair was messy from her tossing and turning. 

Ferdinand still slept peacefully, despite her sudden wake. His chest rose up and descended down as his breath turned to fog in the cool night. Java laid down beside her body, his body facing up towards the sky. 

Blue, who finally controlled her breathing, glanced around her and saw that she was no longer in the town of Maplebarrow, but in the people and herd’s evening resting place. The guys slept soundly a few inches near her and Ferdinand. The leaders’ tents are up and standing proud, apart from the soft breeze blowing against the fabrics. 

She sighed in relief, yet the fear and devastation still lingered within herself. 

Being careful not to wake her equestrian friend and the others, Blue stood up and strolled off to somewhere where she would be out of earshot. 

However, a certain brown-haired boy woke up from his slumber and eyed her walking off. 

After finding a good place, Blue sat down and crossed her arms over her legs. She stared up at the night sky above her, the stars glowing and the moon shining from high up. Her eyes were disheartened as she thought about her brother, mother, and grandmother back at home. 

She thought about Raiven, her family, her people, the home she had grown up in before it had turned into a living hell for her the night she accidentally revealed her secret. She thought about the days she had spent with Raiven when they were kids, to the first day when she had met her. 

She was in the marketplace with her grandmother and brother when she saw a beautiful quilt hanging from the ground. She had stumbled to it, tracing her fingers on the stilts and staring at the colors in wonder. 

A woman had seen her and asked her if she would love to have it. Blue had hesitated, but her grandmother, seeing how much she wanted it, gladly paid for it and thanked the woman, who she would know later on is Raiven’s mother, for it. 

Before they had left, she had seen a girl with curly, ebony hair and beautiful copper eyes, who was standing behind the door watching her. Blue had never regretted smiling at her, and she knew Raiven never regretted smiling back at her. 

The blonde girl wiped her eyes to stop the tears and continued staring up at the night sky, smiling as she thought about the happy memories she used to have before they were all taken away from her. 

Crash walked over to her, clearly worried about her. “Are you alright?” He asked her. 

Blue turned to face the green-eyed man, who sat down next to her, his eyes sympathetic. “Yeah, everyth--everything’s fine, really,” A sniffle broke her words, but she spoke regardless, and wiped the tears from her cheeks 

But Crash had seen it. He saw it in her eyes. “Your family is still alive, aren’t they?” 

Blue couldn’t deny it. She missed them, but she didn’t want to reveal the rest of the truth yet. She nodded in response. “Yes…but they’re not the same like they used to be.”

“Why?” Crash asked her. 

Blue sighed and started. “I was happy most of my childhood. My brother and I were inseparable, we used to do everything together, we stood up for one another. He never left my side for as long as I can remember. But then, the attention was all turned to him. I tried to get him to hang out with me again, just like we used to…but they made him away from me.”

She gripped her arms and continued, her eyes filling with tears. “So, I turned to drawing, writing, archery, and swordsmanship. They were the only things that help me get over the fact I’ve lost my brother and myself to a world filled with demanding responsibilities and unwanted choices.”

Crash stared at Blue as she spoke, his eyes sympathetic and loving. 

“Then…my father decided to marry me off to some strangers, to secure the future for my family. But I didn’t want to do it, because I felt like the law was unfair.”

“The law?” Crash asked. 

“…One where you were only allowed to love someone who is the opposite gender of you.”

“Oh…”

“I wanted him to understand that loving someone the same gender as you is not so bad, that nothing bad ever comes out of it. But he didn’t see it. He saw it as something else, a sin. And he had turned on me the moment I…I…” Blue sniffled, her cheeks streamed with tears. “…I loved both women and men.”

Crash’s eyes widened, his hand over his chest. “Oh, Blue. No father should ever do that.”

“So, I had to run away. I wanted to get away from all of it,” Blue was now crying, staring up at the starry sky. “From the pain, from the neglecting, from everything. But now I know it was the stupidest decision I have ever made.”

She laid her head on her arms, wrapping her legs close to her chest. Her body trembled as she cried. 

Crash felt bad for Blue. He wanted to comfort her, he wanted to do something for her. 

“Hey, listen. That, uh, law your father made…” he started. Blue looked up from her arms, her face streaked with tears. “It shows that the love there is unconditional. And…well, the way he expected you to follow them without remorse and concern for your mental health…it’s not something a parent is allowed to do to you. It breaks your mental state, it puts you through a severe depression the longer you stayed there…but you just broke free from it.” 

Blue was astonished at his statement. 

“It’s true. You escaped from it the second your father went out of control. You left the second he became something entirely different, something that is not human. You saw the signs, the red flags, the patterns that would repeat in the future, and took that chance. That’s why you came here. Because you didn’t want to be stuck in that place for more than a moment any longer.” 

“How did you know?” 

“My friends, Coco, and I—we did the same thing you did,” Crash continued. “We ran away. We didn’t look back. We were done with their cruel ways of mistreating people, no matter who they love. And Aku Aku showed up, then Moses and his people, Nabel, and her family and friends, they all showed up. They welcomed us into their group, they didn’t mind who were are. They treated us like humans rather than something else.” 

Crash turned his gaze towards the young woman, his cheeks turning red underneath the dark. “I’m really glad they did with you, too.”

“Same,” Blue agreed, her cheeks also flushed pure red. 

Her fingers touched Crash’s as the two got closer to one another. Their shoulders were only a few inches from each other, and Blue felt Crash rest his head on top of hers, her blonde hair tickling his cheek. 

She grinned lightly. Her hand fully touched Crash’s. 

Crash and Blue then gazed at one another, their eyes staring deeply at one another. 

She didn’t know what came over her, but she didn’t stop herself from inching closer to Crash. 

Her cheeks were burning hotter than she believed. Her emotions inside were running even wilder than she remembered. The hairs at the back of her neck were standing up. Her mind was already filling with too many thoughts, telling her to stop, this isn’t right. 

But Blue didn’t listen to those thoughts. 

Her lips are now closer to Crash’s. Their faces were still red, yet their lips nearly touched one another—

“Called it!”

Crash and Blue quickly scooted away from each other as Dean stepped out of the bushes, Martin, Chris, and Peter following him. 

“Told you she was gonna do it, Quill! Pay up!” Dean grinned victoriously, holding his hand out to Peter. 

“Aw, dammit,” he mumbled, pulling out a few coins and placing them in Dean’s hand. 

“What are you guys doing?” Blue partially yelled, her ears and cheeks completely blushing. 

“Sorry, Blue, we tried to stop them, but they just went and did it,” Chris said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. 

“So, this is the little secret you were trying to keep from us?” Dean said to Blue smugly. “Surprised that Moses and the others didn’t hear yet.”

“Alright, what’s up, fellas?” Crash regained his composure and stood up. 

“We need your help real quick, it won’t be long,” Martin said. “This way.” He, along with Dean, Chris and Peter, went back to the camp, leaving the two alone again. 

“Well, I guess I better get going, then,” Crash said, his face lightly blushing. 

“Yeah, me, too,” Blue nodded, her face also still red. 

Crash smiled at her, his eyes meeting hers once more. “Good night, then, Blue.”

Blue grinned as well. “Good night.”

The brown-haired man took one last look at her before he went in the direction where the guys had gone off to. Blue stared on, smiling like a dopey person, until he was out of hearing. 

“Ugh! I’m such an idiot!” She placed her hands in front of her face, her cheeks burning red again.

Chapter 12: Author's Note/Update

Chapter Text

Sorry if it seems like this story is dead. It's not. I've just been busy most of the time and didn't have time to write the story. I'll get to work on it.

The big news I have is...I have to rewrite the whole thing. I know it seems bad, but my writing skills have improved. Plus, I want to change the story a bit (one of my OCs' names changed, adding another OC in there, Self Insert' love interest changed, etc.) This story will still be here, it's just being rewritten.

See you readers soon!

Chapter 13: Chapter 11

Notes:

warning: contains mentions of birth, degradative language mention

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Blue walked back to her own quarters, dodging a few people, as she cursed at herself for falling for Crash. 

“What are you thinking, Blue? Are you this stupid?” She mumbled to herself. “You’re a princess, he’s a normal peasant. Oh, but he is sweet and understanding. He’s liking you, too. No, he couldn’t be. Maybe. No.” She groaned in frustration. “Why is this so complicated?” 

She was too focused on her feelings for Crash and on her way back to Ferdinand and Java until she heard panting and quick footsteps approaching her. She turned to find Sam, his hands on his knees and facing the ground. 

“Sam? What is it?”

“Mo-Moses,” he panted heavily. “He’s-he’s…”

“What about him? Did something happen?” Blue was starting to become worried for him. 

“You need to-you have to come see this.” 

She could tell by the looks of his eyes that something really is happening, but she didn’t know if it’s good or bad. And she wasn’t going to wait around to find out. 

She followed behind Sam as he started rambling to her. “At first, he was fine, he wasn’t having any problems whatsoever. But then he started having those pains-“

“How bad? How bad are they?”

“Like, really bad. We don’t know what’s wrong, but we’re trying everything we can.”

As they got closer to where Moses is in, people had gathered around, chattering among themselves and trying to get a closer look at what is happening. 

She found Nabel, who is standing with Mariam with a towel and a bowl of water. “Guys! Guys!” Blue called for them. 

They thankfully turned their attention to her. “Blue! Thank God! There’s something wrong with Moses,” Nabel said to her worriedly. 

“I know, that’s what I’ve been told.”

“We’re trying everything we can, and we haven’t figured out…”

“Did you get everyone else?”

“Yes, we have. They’re already here right now, or they’re on their way…”

“Nabel! Thank the heavens you’re here!” Gamora rushed out of the tent. “We need the healers here now!”

“Why? What is happ— Blue? Blue!” Nabel saw that Blue was gone, then saw her running in the tent where Moses is. 

She shoved her way through the gathering crowd, all while her mind was going through on what was happening with the older man. Through an opening, she could see the backs of the healers that were all blocking the view of Moses. 

“Oh, my heavens!” One screamed. “Someone get Tzipporah now!”

“Excuse me, sorry,” Blue grunted as she passed one of the Hebrews. “Moses! Moses! Hang on!” 

That’s when a shrill wail broke open and the chattering stopped. 

A wail that sounded like an infant. 

The people stopped chattering, some of them gasping and parting away for her to come through. Blue stopped for a small moment but gently shoved her way through a few more people as the wail ceased down to cooing. When she finally got to the clearer front, her eyes landed on the shocking sight in her life. A small gasp left her lips without her even realizing it. 

Moses sat on the floor, holding something in his arms and soothing it. He was covered in sweat and his hair was messy, a blanket covering the lower half of his body and his legs. 

‘What happened to him?’ Blue thought, staring at the event that had happened before her. 

She wanted to get a closer look at it. Her internal mind was begging for her to stop, but she didn’t listen. She took a hesitant step forward. As she did so, Moses looked up and saw her before smiling warmly. She stopped suddenly, unsure of what to do next. 

“It’s alright,” he said to her. “He must be wanting to see you, too.”

Blue, although hesitant, stepped closer, her breathing light and her hand covering half of her mouth. She knelt down beside him and gasped when she saw the small bundle clearly. 

A baby, a newborn boy, she understood. 

“Oh, my God,” Blue whispered. “He’s so beautiful.” 

The baby cooed and rubbed his eyes with his small fists. When he opened them, he first saw Blue, then his father, and raised his arms up at him. 

Blue could barely hold back her tears and covered her mouth, muffling her happy sobs. 

“What? What just happened?” Dean asked softly. 

“It’s a miracle,” someone said. 

“A gift from the gods above.” 

Soon, the silence was half-broken by soft murmurs and quiet ‘awws’ as the people in the tents got a closer look at the infant from a good distance. 

Blue was already in quiet tears as she continued to stare at the infant. By then, Tzipporah made it to the front of the crowd and noticed Blue shaking a bit. 

“Blue? What’s wrong?” She asked her with concern. 

The younger girl glanced at her with happy tears before gesturing towards the baby boy in Moses’s arms. She then got up gently from the ground to give Tzipporah room and took a few steps back. 

“Oh, my...” Tzipporah whispered, covering her mouth in shock. She was already in too much astonishment to ask what or how this happened. Her own eyes were already filling up with tears as well. 

Blue got up from the ground to give the two new parents some space, but her warm smile remained on her face. She didn’t to ask how it happened, she already knew the answer. 

“Blue.” 

The blonde-haired girl turned towards the source, which is outside the tent. Blue backed away towards the front, where, luckily, some people let her pass without asking her. After checking to see that no one is watching her at the moment, she followed the voice until she is but a good distance from the campground. 

“Blue,” the voice called to her quietly again. 

The wind then blew across her face tenderly, her blonde locks flowing from the gusts. “I am here,” Blue spoke. 

“You have seen the miracle I have bestowed upon Moses,” God spoke to her from above the night stars. 

“I saw,” Blue nodded, a brief grin on her lips. “A beautiful miracle...All the same...” her smile fell after a moment. “What if my father was right? What if I’m truly an abomination, like Raiven? That I have shamed all of Maplebarrow...and my family?” 

Visions of Raiven being taken away, her father destroying the things she had created with her bare hands, his enraged and disgusted look facing her before her escape, overtook her mind. Blue felt tears demanding to be set free from her eyes and turned to the ground. 

“Everything your father had said to you, he was wrong about them, about Raiven...about you,” God said. “It wasn’t your choice to be who you are right now, but rather who you are meant to be.” 

Blue glanced up surprised, just as God was vanishing away again. “I shall be with you, Blue...” 

She stared up at the stars in the night sky, the marks of her tears streaking her cheeks. She remembered Raiven arguing with the King about her sexuality the night she made her escape, her words filled with solemnness and desperation. 

“I had no choice! It was what I couldn’t control, it wasn’t my decision! I’m not changing who I am!”

Then it all hit her. 

She now knew what she and God had meant by those words. 

Her mind shifted to the memories when she was younger, how her cheeks would turn red at each and every man and girl in the village, about how she acted around Raiven during their long-time friendship, about how her friend revealed her secret to her during their outing in the village. 

She understood what they had both meant. 

Java barked next to her feet, which caught her attention, and wagged his tail happily. Blue smiled and scratched at the back of his ear. She then turned towards the camping grounds, where everyone is right now. 

“I’m not giving up on them now…” she told herself proudly. “…not when they need me…and I need them…” 

Notes:

Sorry this took so long, and that the chapter is short. I will update this story as soon as possible

Chapter 14: Chapter 12

Summary:

warning: mentions of death

Notes:

A/n: Didn't think I'd abandon this story, did you? Anyways, new chapter here. 12 down, 2 more to go

Chapter Text

A horse’s neigh broke through the silent atmosphere. The General knelt near footprints that belong to mammoths. Todias was close to losing his patience as he sat on his horse, his nose scrunched up. 

Holden sighed and got up from the dirt. “It’s no good. They’ve covered their tracks too well. It may take more days to find them than we believe,” he spoke to the King. 

Todias scoffed impatiently. This girl is truly much smarter than that. “She’s bound to be anywhere in the world. Just not too far from us. But I will find her…even if I have to go to the ends of the Earth…” 


Since the miraculous birth of Moses and Tzipporah’s son, whom they’ve decided to name Gershom, the traveling herd decided to rest for a few more days before they moved on. Blue offered to help as much as she could since she knew how hard it would be to take care of newborns from learning with her handmaidens before this all started. Even though she didn’t mind helping out, she was scared of dropping Gershom by accident, but Maria and Cappy helped her ease her worries. 

As the days went on, there wasn’t any sign of the army following them for miles. Even the men sent to watch out for them hadn’t seen them for hours or days on end. That meant the plan worked, but it wouldn’t be long before they would catch up with them. 

“So, how do you think it’s possible?” Alli asked one day. Gershom was safely asleep in Tziporrah’s arms, with Moses sitting beside her on the cart next to the front. 

“Who knows? But we can’t make any assumptions for now,” Nabel shrugged. 

Though she knew exactly how it happened, Blue didn’t pipe in the conversation. Her mind was still attached to what God had told her the other night. Her eyes wandered towards the ground, Ferdinand riding alongside the sisters. Java, now grown to a month and a half, walked alongside them. 

“How far are we to the path?” Nabel asked Coran. 

“Almost a few hundred more miles. But it won’t be long now,” Coran answered confidently. 

“We’re almost there,” Cody lit up with excitement. “Home is on the horizon.” 

Blue also became excited when she heard what was said. It won’t be long before she finds her freedom again. Mapplebarrow won’t be in her mind any longer. 

All the same, it hurts to lie to them about where she came from and why she left. Her past being a royal, her father’s bigotry and hatred, the message he had given her, the unfair laws he himself enforced. 

Everything. 

No matter how much her heart was begging her to tell the truth, her mind was only filled with fears of being abandoned and turned away, or, worse, killed without mercy. 

But at that moment, she knew she would have to tell the truth. Now or never.

Moses was walking close to her, so there was no problem getting to him. She got off Ferdinand and held him by the reins before she made her way toward Moses. “Moses…” she started hesitantly, with Moses now facing her. “…I don’t know how to say this, but…I don’t know if I can stick around for long…” 

Moses was confused and a bit hurt. “I don’t understand.” 

“I should have told you the truth a long time ago, but I…” Blue began again.

“Blue, watch out!” 

The younger girl was unable to heed Coco’s shout in time. A blur of light gray and a mighty roar that broke through the air, tearing down the short silence, prompted the group behind Blue and Moses to stop in their tracks in time as a raptor—a carnivore amongst the dinosaurs—attacked her from the side and tumbled down the hill that laid on the side. The blonde girl yelped as she rolled down the side away from the terrified, worried people. 

“Blue!” Crash cried. 

The raptor and Blue continued to tumble down the hill until they landed in a clearing near the road that was originally taken. The human was able to get up first before the raptor and unsheathed her sword, trapping it in a firm grip with a determined glint in her ocean blues. The creature roared at her hungrily, staring her down with its dark eyes. For what seemed like minutes, the two were trapped in a stare-down as they walked around in a circle. They knew whoever makes the first move would be the one to take the fall. Blue didn’t want to make the first attack, since that would mean getting killed first. Even if she did have the upper hand, the raptor is stronger and faster than her, so she needs to have high speed. 

The raptor, letting out a high-pitched roar, charged at her. She readied herself for the fight to the death. 

Of course, it never came. Not at her…but at the raptor from someone else. 

A cry of defiance and another body knocking down the creature from the side was all it took for Blue’s astonishment and shock to rise in her body. She gasped upon seeing a man wearing a cloth around his mouth tackle the raptor from her and throw it towards a rock. The raptor stopped skidding, its back colliding with the boulder, and groggily stood up. It saw that it was two against one before deciding it wasn’t worth fighting anymore. With a defeated roar, the raptor sped off in another direction. Soon, it was only Blue and her mystery savior. 

But she wasn’t sure if she could trust them. Just as the man turned around to face her, it didn't take more than a second for her to recognize Mapplebarrow’s symbol on the cape pin. They must be here to take her back. 

In an instant, Blue let out a yell and charged at the man. However, he was able to avoid it by crouching down and spinning around to evade the attack. Blue was ready to strike at him, but then…

Her sword nearly connected with her attacker’s neck before her eyes landed on the familiar pair. Her orbs widened, her breathing light. 

Conner knelt in front of her, her weapon close to the side of his neck, as he stared at the blonde-haired girl. Her hair no longer long, only short like a boy’s should. Her eyes were the same as he remembered them. 

“Pandora?” He said softly, getting up slowly. 

She didn’t say anything, only gasped that he still remembered her. She unknowingly dropped her sword to the ground as she continued to stare at Conner in astonishment. 

How could he have found her here?  Why did he bother coming for her? 

He had sold out Raiven back at Mapplebarrow, he must have told her father about her having some sort of sexuality like Raiven….

She stopped suddenly. 

Conner was...crying. She couldn’t see it, but tears were starting to form in his eyes. 

The older boy stood back from the dirt gradually before he engulfed her in a bear hug. Blue inhaled a small amount of air upon the action her brother did. His body shook as he continued to hug her and sobbed silently. She hesitantly hugged him back, even though her mind fired questions about how he had found her. 

Conner finally pulled back from her and stroked her hair. ”Look at you. How’d you manage to escape?” 

Blue stared at the earth, hesitant. ”Conner, how did you know...”

A miniature bark from Java prompted her to stop before she could even finish. Java leaped from the bushes, stumbling down halfway. He growled when he saw Conner and tried to climb up his leg while barking at him angrily. 

“What in the world...” he started. 

“Blue!” Nabel shouted from the side. 

Blue turned around from her brother to find Nabel, the leaders, and the rest of the herd rushing out of the bushes. They both saw Conner standing there and gasped lightly. 

“Who’s the punk that attacked you, kid?” Rocket asked Blue. 

“Um, well...” she began. 

“That’s the perpetrator! He tried to kill her! You wanna piece of us?!” Fender pointed at Conner. Diesel and Lugnut surrounded Conner and glowered at him, followed by Martin, Alex, and Manolo. 

“No, wait!” Blue tried to stop them. 

“All right, buster! You think you can mess with our friend, you’re...” Piper stomped towards him but faltered at his appearance. “You’re kind of cute.” 

“Um, sorry, but I’m already taken,” Conner told her. 

“Okay, can we all just calm down here, please?” Blue piped in. 

“Drax the Destroyer will save you!” Drax yelled. He leaped in the air and raised his daggers, letting out a war cry. Blue gasped and grabbed her sword before stepping in front of her brother. 

“No!” She blocked his attack. She pushed him back with all her strength and sent him skidding across the dirt. 

“Wha—? Blue?” Chris shouted, confused. 

“What the hell are you doing?!” Dean asked her. 

Java continued barking at Conner and grabbed at his cloak until Blue scooped him up tenderly. 

“No, Java. Stop,” she firmly told him after she made him let go of the cloak. “It’s okay. He’s a good...friend.” Java growled at the older man, who tilted his head at the small pup. 

“Blue, can you tell us what’s going on here?” Anna asked her almost demandingly. 

“Um, well...” Blue started again. 

“I’m sorry to interrupt at the moment, but do you know each other?” Allura interjected.

“Yes, we do. I’m Prince Conner of Maplebarrow. She’s my little sister.” Conner answered.

The herd and people gasped at the revelation. They stared at Blue, who gazed at the ground when Conner revealed the whole truth about her. 

“Blue, what is he talking about?” Anna glanced at her confused. 

Blue bit her lip and sighed. “I think it’s time you all know the truth. I know I should have told you all the truth a long time ago.” She stood up straight, still holding Java, who tilted his head at her in worry. “I’m a Princess of Maplebarrow...at least, I used to be,” she stated. 

Crash, like the others, was astonished. “What do you mean?”

“I ran away from the place that used to be my home because of something terrible my father had done,” Blue explained, still trying to keep the solemness out of her voice. “I had to run away because I feel like I never belonged there anymore. And not only that...I’ve been forced into an arranged marriage without my consent. My father wanted what was best for his kingdom, but never for me. He never listened to what I wanted to say, what I wanted for myself. And putting my best friend, the girl who fell for another girl, in execution is one of the things that made me flee from my home.” 

She was close to tears now, her voice breaking. “He broke my heart by destroying the things I’ve made with my own hands. He broke my heart by killing my best friend. He broke my heart by speaking cruelly about people like Raiven. And worst of all...he broke my heart with his words of cruelty and devastation.”

The people and Crash stared at her with sympathy as she spoke up again. 

“So...I want to formally apologize for lying to you all. I never told you this because of my fear of your reactions if I’d told you sooner. But I didn’t want to go back to the place that I was forced to call home. I didn’t want to face the man I once called ‘Father’ again. But if you’d like, I’ll head out to somewhere else, where I can live life on my terms,” Blue finally finished. 

Java glanced up at her, his ears drooping to see her discontent look. Conner stood beside her, his look the same as Java’s. 

“Wait, what?! You’re a princess?! And you never told us sooner?!” Lance shouted shocked. 

Nabel took a moment to look at Blue before she beamed softly and walked toward her. She placed her hand on her shoulder, which prompted Blue to look up at her perplexed through the tears. 

“Blue...we could never hate you for that,” Nabel smiled at her. 

Blue was astonished by the herd’s acceptance. She had lied to them, she would have put them all in danger. She had thought they would hate her for that, but they didn’t. “What? But I lied to you all, I should be punished for it. I’ve done nothing worth honoring…” 

Moses knew how she had felt. When he first came to Midian, when he felt guilty for how he had treated the Hebrews, his people. When he had done something that meant protecting one of his own, even if it meant death. 

“I know how you feel, Blue. But you saved lives more than we can count,” he told her with a soft smile. “You helped us find water from the dried-up lake. You helped us find another way to get to the Promised Land. You helped the older dinos catch up with us. You did more than you can think. And we’re all grateful for that. And so is God.” 

Blue’s eyes were nearly filled with tears as he had spoken to her. When she turned to the herd and people, they only gave her nods of agreement and fond smiles. Kron, however, ashamed of how he had treated her, turned away with remorse so he wouldn’t face her. Even though he was upset that she had lied to them, he wouldn’t dare yell at her, knowing how the Leaders would react. 

She didn’t know what to say, only beamed lightly as she wiped her growing tears. She had thought they would just abandon her as she expected. She had believed that they would turn their backs on her, leave her to fend for herself. But the way they had understood why she had to lie, why she had to cover up her true heritage, regained her faith. 

For a moment, she was relieved. 

But now, there was just one problem left. 

Her brother, now standing there, having watched the whole thing go down. 

Chapter 15: Chapter 13

Notes:

Warning: violence, blood, mentions of murder

A/n: holy shit, I can't believe I'm almost done with this. Why did I take so long to write this story?

Chapter Text

Even when the herd and people had decided to accept Conner but remain cautious around him, Blue still didn’t understand what he was doing here and why he wanted her to come back to Mapplebarrow. He had sold her friend out to their father, he should be happy with himself. But seeing the solemness in his eyes and determination to protect her, she couldn’t be sure what his intentions were anymore. 

While the herd and people rested for a while before they can continue on, Blue and Conner had decided to talk in private for the first time since their duties got in their way some years ago. 

Although it wasn’t going to be a pretty conversation for a moment. 

“Look, I could care less whether I live or die!” Conner argued.

“Then why bother coming after me when you have the duties of being a king soon?!” Blue spun around to face him with a glare of resentment. 

“Because you’re my little sister!” 

“And you’re just like Father! You never gave a damn about me from day one when he told you you’re going to be given the crown, when I wanted to hang out with you like when we were kids!”

While the siblings argued, the Kratt brothers, Dean, Sam, the Paladins, Gex, Spyro, and Rayman peeked in front behind a few bushes. 

“That’s not true, and you know it!”

“You didn’t even stick up for me when I needed you!”Blue bellowed at him

“I wanted to!” Conner yelled. 

Blue stopped, her eyes wide. The guys and Pidge remained hidden as they watched the royal siblings converse. 

Conner sighed with remorse and continued. “When you revealed your love for men and women alike, I wanted to support you. I wanted to let you know that even though you have this thing for girls and boys, you’re still the same Pandora I see every day. You’re still the girl who broke the boundaries that lay ahead of her, the girl who stood up to her own father and the duties that she is to do later on. You’re still you. But...”

Blue waited, her eyes filled with sympathy and heartbreak. 

“But when Father banned me from seeing you after that night, I felt weak. I just felt stupid for not doing something. I was scared about what he might do to me if I ever went against him. I was trapped in fear for a long time. Having to put up with Father pushing me about and getting me ready to continue the royal line, that’s what made me never to be with you again.”

“You wanted to be with me again? Like when we were kids?” Blue was already blinking back tears by then. 

“That was my desire,” Conner answered her with a nod. “I wanted to relive the memories of our childhood, get everything back to the way they were before all of this changed, before the law was passed. I’m so sorry for not standing by you sooner.”

Blue didn’t know what to think or say. She had honestly thought her brother never wanted to be around her all because of his duties as a future king and of her sexuality. But to hear that their tyrant of a father had been the one responsible for their broken bond? It’s unforgivable and unfair, and he didn’t even care about it at all. Not even their own feelings or their safety. 

For the first time in her life, she’s understood what kind of a monster their ‘father’ has become. 

“Oh, God…Conner…I’m so sorry. I didn’t know…” Blue started. 

“No, it’s my fault. I should have stood by your side from the beginning, I should have stood up to Father long ago. I was a coward. But for what it’s worth…you helped me find the courage to defy his orders…so I can keep you safe in return…” Conner finished. 

From the bushes still hidden, the two pairs of brothers, Paladins, Gex, Spyro, and Rayman watched on, unsure whether to intervene, grab Moses and the others, or possibly resume spying on the siblings. Still, they couldn’t help but understand the connection between the two. 

“Look, if it’s all right with the people leading their families and others, I’d be happy to help you get to somewhere, wherever they needed to go,” Conner offered sincerely. “And I’d understand if they don’t trust me enough for me to come along…” 

“Conner, listen, I don't think..." Blue never got the chance to finish her sentence before the guys and Pidge hiding from behind the bushes popped out. 

“We’d love for you to come along!” Pidge piped in without hesitation. 

“Absolutely!" Martin agreed. 

“Wait, what—?” Spyro was then cut off by Gex. 

“Hella yes! Another temporary member added to the group!” The purple-green-haired man shouted with excitement. 

Even though she was hesitant on letting her brother come along with her and the herd and how the leaders themselves would react, she just couldn’t help but chuckle at their enthusiasm. 


With the news of Blue’s royal brother joining the herd for a while spreading around after she and the others caught up with the rest, it wasn’t long before they warmed up to Conner. A few others had siblings themselves, so they understood Blue’s hesitation and anxiety about them knowing about him tagging along. The Kratt brothers and their friends, Sam, Dean, and Crash had already named him their honorary brother before they even told the whole herd. As the hours passed, with her seeing her brother already accepted despite being royalty, Blue’s worry subsided to nothing more than relief again. 

But the journey isn’t over yet. The biggest challenge soon crossed their path. 

Walking through the vast oceans. 

The herd and people all stopped at the shorelines, their murmurs filling the air and breaking apart the silence around them. Blue, Conner, and Crash stood alongside Tzipporah and Miriam, with the older woman in blue holding Gershom. Their faces were laced with worry about what they were going to do next. 

And most importantly, how to get across the ocean. 

Moses glanced behind to see the people and herd facing him with concern and waiting. He didn’t know what to do, either, but he had to find a way to get his people and everyone else across. And he needed to get Blue as far away from Mapplebarrow as possible. He had heard the heartbreak in her voice when she spoke the whole truth about her running away. It was evident she did not want to go back, even against her will. 

As he turned back to face the ocean, his hands gripped harder on his staff. His eyes first closed as he thought, then opened again with determination. He then walked towards the shallow end of the sea. 

From behind, Blue, Crash, Tzipporah, and Miriam watched on with concern and confusion. Once Moses got to the middle of the shallow ends, he raised his staff high over his head. As the winds blew, sending light breezes across his hair and face, his eyes closed again. 

“With this staff…you shall do…my wonders!” 

At that, Moses slammed the end of his staff into the water. The impact sent the ocean flying from him and back toward the horizon. The moment the waters had vanished into the distance until even they could not see it, the people and herd all gasped in wonder and shock, some of them backing away. The older man glanced back at his people and the herd, his eyes silently encouraging them to move. 

But no one did. 

Almost a second later, Blue was the first. 

She took gentle steps towards the shoreline, where the ends of the ocean used to be. When she stopped, a growing smile and understanding ocean blues were what welcomed Moses. In return, he beamed back at her, as if he understood how it happened. 

However, none of the people or the herd looked like they were not going to cross the open ocean in terror when the two turned back to face them. 

“What is it? Freedom is only a walk across away,” Blue asked in an urging, yet patient tone. 

“As much as we wanted to…we’re terrified. We’re not slaves anymore, though,” Aaron admitted honestly. 

“And yet…you’re not free yet,” Blue added. 

“She’s right. We have to cross here. It’s our only chance,” Moses joined. 

Still, no one was certain. 

Blue sighed through her nose before she continued. “You’ve lost sight…of the place you were born from, the land of your forebears…like I did a long time ago. But even when I felt guilty for lying to you all, you still honored me with patience, trust, and respect. So now I’m returning the favor by horning you with my faith.” 

Moses smiled at her tenderly when she faced him. 

“You follow us, you’ll be free again,” Blue continued, her voice now louder and more confident. “But if you stay…you’ll perish at the hands of hatred and cruelty. You don’t have to be afraid…because God is with us.” 

As she spoke, the people and herd’s fear withered away at her words. Aaron was the first to step forward. He stopped at the opening of the ocean-less seabed and glanced at his brother and Blue with a beam. They both returned it with the same grin. 

Aaron looked back at the others before he raised an eyebrow. As he walked towards the seabed, the rest of the people and herd, their fears now replaced with determination to get across, followed behind. 

Before long, the entire shore was now empty of people and creatures alike. Despite the strong currents of the waters and the rocky terrain that stood in their path, they kept going. Some of the people had to leave behind their carts and chariots while taking their essentials, but it was better than staying trying to save them. 

Over them, the clouds shifted to dark, thundering blobs, the booming sounds of lightning breaking across the sky. Gulls cried as they flew over the traveling groups. 

But Blue felt and saw that they wouldn’t get away easily. 

She halted Ferdinand the second she looked over her shoulder and spotted something over the hills behind the far shoreline. Behind the figure was a large army of chariots and horses. A red and golden flag with an Eagle and a Lion…

Her eyes that had squinted then widened when she recognized the flag symbol. 

“Moses? Conner?” 

Blue’s frantic call caught her brother's and the Leader’s attention. When they turned around to find the large army after them, they understood why. 

It didn’t take long for the herd and people to glance behind them as well and instantly begin to run. Their screams suddenly shifted from silent walking and turned to instant sprints towards the shore on the other side. 

“Go! Hurry!” Blue cried as she mounted Ferdinand. 

“Everyone get to shore now!” Kron called. 

“Move! Go!” Nabel shouted. 

The people and herd didn’t need to be told twice. Tzipporah wanted to stop Moses from fighting off the army, but she understood it was no use. She ran alongside Miriam and Aaron with a scared Gershom in her arms. 

Conner, who had joined the others to fight off Todias and his army, ran on his horse beside Blue. The small group stopped in their tracks, now formed in an oval-like shape. The army charging at them seemed smaller than the two scouts had described. Something must have happened before they got here…

“Pandora!” Todias yelled at the top of his lungs from a distance. 

Blue flinched at the sound of her father’s angry voice, yet remained on Ferdinand with a determined expression. Conner understood her internal fear and stepped next to her on his horse. She glanced at him on her side, receiving an encouraging smile from her brother. She gazed back at the incoming army, then at her father at the top of the hill. 

She instantly knew what she had to do. 

“Moses, get the people and herd out of here as fast and far as you can,” Blue commanded, not turning away from where her father is standing. 

Moses was astonished. “No, Blue. You can’t fight them all on your own...”

“Just go! Now!” Blue ordered again. 

Nabel, Moses, Allura, and the leaders hesitated at first, but hearing the determination and courage in her voice, they understood what she is planning. They turned their horses around and ordered their people and herd to move toward the edge of the valley. 

“Blue, no...” Crash started. 

Blue interrupted him by grabbing his face and smashing her lips against his. Crash gasped in surprise at the sudden kiss, his eyes wide. 

Blue pulled back a second later and bit her lip. “Now go,” she told him. “Go!” 

Crash wanted to argue with her, but he was too dazed to understand her order, his cheeks red as a rose. Aku Aku and Coco came back and pulled his horse with them by the reins and followed the rest of the herd. Crash glanced over his shoulder at Blue one last time as they began for their father.

“Any idea what you’re doing?” Conner asked her as the siblings move forward. 

“I sure hope so,” Blue replied. They ran towards their father as the armies from afar passed them, not giving a second glance at them. 

The people and herd ran as fast as their legs can carry them, some shouting and others making sure that no one else is left behind. Nabel looked over her shoulder to find Blue’s father riding down the hill toward her and Conner. Her heart dropped instantly when she realized what Blue had planned. 

Blue and Conner stopped their horses just as Todias slowed down his horse and got off him. His facial expression never changed. Filled with anger and hatred for his own daughter. 

“I’ve finally found you at last!” Todias exclaimed. “Do you have any idea how worried your family and I are?”

Blue knew that he was lying. She knew that he wanted her to come back to secure her future his own way. 

“If you’re here to claim me back, you’re too late,” Blue said proudly as she jumped off Ferdinand. “I’ve already made up my mind. I won’t come back to Maplebarrow.”

“It’s not a suggestion. You are to come back home so I can arrange a marriage for you with another prince.”

“Didn’t you hear what she said, Father?!” Conner jumped off his horse and stepped in front of his sister protectively. “She does not want to come back home! Not after what you have done to her that night!”

“Stay out of this, Conner! She betrayed our family and people!” Todias yelled. 

“She’s still the same Pandora I know!” Conner argued. “She’s still my little sister, and I will not betray her again, just as you forced me to!”

“I said, stay out of this!” Todias shouted, then returned his angered gaze back to Blue. “Last chance, daughter! Come back right now, or I’ll have my General and his armies destroy those slaves and monsters!”

Blue stayed where she is, her brave face not leaving her. “No.”

“What...did you say?!” Todias gritted his teeth harshly. 

“I won’t change for who I am for your sake and for anyone who says otherwise,” Blue said, pulling out her sword. “I am the brave and proud girl who loves men and women, the warrior who won’t take any insults from those who try to bring me down the same way you have done to me. I am the friend of Raiven Denise of Maplebarrow, the woman you have killed for whom she loves. And I may not be a Gray, but I am proud of who I am!”

Conner smiled at his sister proudly. 

Todias was shocked before his face changed back to rage. “So, that’s it, then?!” He bellowed at her. “You’re leaving everything behind, casting everything you had for these...these...monsters and slaves?!”

“...I’d rather die fighting for their freedom than let them perish in your hands,” Blue finished bravely. 

Todias roared and charged at her, his sword up in the air and ready for the strike. Conner was one step ahead of his sister, for he quickly unsheathed his blade and blocked the attack. His glowering eyes stared down at the man he used to call “Father”. 

“You intend on doing her harm, you deal with me,” he growled. 

Todias gritted his teeth and pulled back before going for the kill again. This time, Blue blocked the hit and kicked him away from her brother. 

“And me, also, if you hurt him,” she growled. 

And thus, the battle between father and children started. 

Despite Todias being stronger than his children, Blue was quicker and smarted, given that she had spent most of her free time training with swordsmanship and archery back in Mapplebarrow. Her brother, though, had some good advantages learning from her whenever he wasn’t overwhelmed with his father’s pressuring lessons. With each slash and attack Todias tried to inflict on one or the other, they were quick to deflect it before attacking him with their own. 

The army, led by Bronson, continued to speed across the wet, sandy shore to get to the fleeing people. The herd and people had all managed to get to the shore, but others were staggering behind, leaving the rest to help them. 

Kron saw one of the younger dinosaurs try to climb up the rocky terrain and stopped them in time. “No, it’s not safe to climb up here. This way,” he gently nudged the younglings to the softer side of the shore. 

“Come on, I got you,” Bruton helped Eema catch up with Baylene and Url at the top of the shoreline. 

Neera saw Aladar and the others race back to them, but she couldn’t see Blue or Conner anywhere. “Aladar, where are Blue and her brother?” She asked him worriedly when he made it to the top. 

Someone shouted in Hebrew and pointed at somewhere in the distance. When the people and herd turned towards the source, they saw the clouds forming a darker shape and a tornado shifting to a powerful twister. In the distance, the wall of water roared as it crashed through rocks that crumbled down from its powerful force. 

Crash glanced at the incoming wall first before shifting his attention back to where he and the others had left Blue and Conner. His eyes shrunk with terror upon realizing this. “Blue…” 

Blue and Conner paid no mind to the waves that charged at them from the far distance growing ever closer. They still battled with the mad king with all their might. 

Bronson saw the wall of water from afar, and his heart dropped in an instant. “All turn around!” He shouted urgently. At his command, the army shifted course back to the other side of the shore in an attempt to outrun the waves. 

Todias had managed to knock down Conner by his feet after hitting his sword out of his hands and was ready to strike him down. However, upon seeing his army retreat when they were so close to catching the escaping former slaves, his hands lowered, his attack now forgotten. 

Blue saw the chance. With a determined yell, she slammed her knee on his gut, kicked his sword out of his grip, and kicked him from underneath his footing. In a span of a second, she slammed her blade straight into his leg, which sent a pained cry from Todias and prevented him from getting up any further than an inch. 

His eyes then landed on the former Princess—his traitor of a daughter—standing protectively in front of her brother, her blade aimed at his neck. Her ocean blues held great resentment, yet a desperate search for any sign of remorse and acceptance for her and for his defeat. 

“So...you’re going to do it? Kill me!” Todias demanded, his voice loud for the two siblings to hear. “Finish me, your own father, so you can avenge the demon of a commoner you call a friend!” 

Conner glanced between his father and sister, a hint of worry on his face. 

The younger girl gazed down at him, her sword close to his neck. After what seemed like a moment, Blue sheathed her sword back on and continued to stare down at her father. 

There was no longer happiness and acceptance for her. Only hatred and greed coated his dark eyes. 

He will never accept her for her as long as he lives. 

“You have never been and never will be my father,” she said to him, narrowing her eyes. 

Todias glared at her while panting heavily and holding his injured leg from the ground. Conner looked at her surprised. 

“You murdered my best friend. You stole away my freedom. And make no mistake...” Blue bravely stated to him. “My Gods are coming for you.” 

The former king growled and tried to get after her again, only to cry in agony and tumble back to the ground. He clutched his leg, with more blood seeping out from the wound. 

“Blue, listen. I know I shouldn’t pressure you to do this, but…” Conner sighed and quickly began speaking again. “If you’d like, we’ll go back to Maplebarrow. We can prove to everyone that you’re still you, even with a sexuality. Whatever decision you make, I will support you for it.” 

Blue stared at her brother surprised before gazing down at the ground. She then stole a glance at the herd and people. Even though they were only several meters away, Moses and Tzipporah both gave a small nod to her, while Crash smiled at her lightly. Blue glanced back at her brother with a disheartened expression. 

She had made her decision.

“I can’t go back,” Blue said finally. “Not after I’ve found where I belong.” She hung her head towards the ground. “I’m sorry, Conner. But I’ve already found a family.”

Conner smiled and pulled her in for a hug. Blue gasped but returned the hug a second later. 

“The greatest honor of being a King…” Conner pulled away and wiped a tear from her cheek with his thumb as she beamed at him. “…is having you for a sister.”

He pulled her in again. The two siblings embraced one another, both of them finally letting the happy tears fall, even as the waves charged closer. “I’ll miss you greatly, Blue.”

“I’ll miss you, too,” she said, hugging him as tightly as she could.

After a single moment, Blue and Conner both mounted their horses, ignoring their ‘father’’s cries to stop. 

“Now, go! Go!” Blue shouted to Conner. He didn’t think twice and whipped on the reins to urge his horse forward. 

The young woman spared a second to see her brother run fast to shore safely before she whipped her own reins. “Hyah!” At that, Ferdinand neighed and charged forward, leaving the mad king behind. 

“Wait!” Todias cried. When he tried to stand up again, this resulted in him falling to the sandy ground and screaming in agony. “Wait! Come back!” 

Blue ignored his yells as she continued riding on Ferdinand toward where the herd and people were safe. The rumbles of the oncoming waves drowned out his screams by then. With the incoming sounds of gulls crying and the waves growing closer, she urged Ferdinand faster. Though it did nothing to wipe away the tears streaming down her cheeks from her eyes. 

She had wanted nothing more than to live free on her terms, but saying goodbye to her brother, the man who saw the true girl in her like her mother and grandmother did, was harder than she had imagined. She’ll never forget Conner and how he was able to accept her for who she is. 

The shore grew closer as she rode on Ferdinand faster. When she saw the herd and people, hope grew in her. Whipping the reins one last time, Blue sped faster, with the waves closer to her by the second. 

Todias attempted to stand up one last time, but the injury Blue inflicted on his leg prevented him from moving any more than just a step. With a pained groan leaving through his throat, he was forced to lay down on the sandy earth face-up. When he looked up, the waves crashing down on him were the last thing he saw before they swept him away, never to be seen again. 

Bronson frantically looked between the shore coming in close and the wall of waves now closing in on them. “Move! Now!” He cried in fear. 

But the army was not so lucky, having lost the battle to outrun the tsunami. The waves soon caught the soldiers and Bronson in their deadly grasp and swept them all away in an instant. 

The waves soon crashed through the rocks, forcing them all to crumble down from the strong forces of the water. The herd and people all screamed and rushed toward the mainland as fast as their legs could carry them. The waves barely missed them, only splashing on them, but not strong enough to knock them down. 

Blue barely reached the shorelines on Ferdinand in time before the sea closed up on its own. A tall pillar of water rose up before it fell back down again. The mist that had formed from the crashing of the water flew across the wind until the seas settled down once more. 

Blue halted Ferdinand and glanced back at where her brother is right now. He’s made it back to shore on the other side, she could sense it…

Conner, as Blue had predicted, safely reached the shore where the army came from. As his horse nickered, he started out into the horizon. Though he cannot see his sister, he knows that she’s much happier far from Mapplebarrow than back. A bittersweet smile crossed his face. 

He didn’t want to do it, but he knew he would have to let her go. This is her life now…

“Goodbye, Pandora,” he tearfully whispered with a soft beam. “I’ll see you again one day…” 

And with that, Conner whipped the reins of his horse and dashed off towards the valleys his ‘father’ and the army went through. 

Blue’s smile formed on her face as a tear streamed down her cheek. God will lead him back to Mapplebarrow, the winds signifying his presence told her. 

“…goodbye, brother,” she softly smiled. 

Without a moment’s thought, Blue whipped Ferdinand’s reins, spurring him towards the herd and people. 

Chapter 16: Chapter 14

Notes:

Warning: none. Just a happy ending

A/n: I did it. I really did it. I finished this story after so damn long. I hope reading this has brought you joy and sometimes sadness. Thanks for reading, you guys.

Chapter Text

Meanwhile, on the other side of where the people and herd were at the time the waves swept away Todias and his men, they gathered around the edge as they watched the waves roll around and over one another. For a moment, there was only silence in the air, apart from the ocean peacefully drifting with the winds. Moses and Tzipporah watched the seas with wide eyes. Miriam and Aaron also stared out into the open waters with agape mouths. 

As if the shock had held them in their stances, no one made a move. 

Finally, Miriam swiftly hugged Aaron, who hugged her back after a second trapped in surprise and shock. Murmurs from the people and herd grew louder with each passing second. Some of the dinos roared with elation while the younglings happily ran around, chasing each other. 

Moses and Tzipporah embraced one another in relief, with Gershom in between in her arms. Aaron laughed and trapped his brother in a bear hug, with Miriam hugging Tzipporah. 

Suri had managed to escape from her mother and grandpa’s hugs and saw someone on the horizon coming towards them. The second she recognized the figure, her eyes grew with excitement. “Mom! Mom, I see Blue!” She cried happily. 

When her mother and the others heard her, they saw Blue coming in on Ferdinand. Their silent murmurs and laughter shifted to wild cheers upon recognizing their beloved friend, safe and alive. 

Blue lit up from seeing the herd and people in her view and whipped the reins to spur Ferdinand faster. She barely had time to get off her horse before Crash, the first one to reach her, engulfed her in a tight embrace and buried his face in the crook of her neck. His arms held her tightly as if he refused to let her go. Blue hugged him back, nuzzling her cheek on his shoulder. 

It wasn’t long before they were surrounded by the entire people and herd, their laughter and cheers erupting through the atmosphere now filled with freedom and elation. Rodney and the Rusties engulfed in a group hug before Tulio ruffled her hair, which sent her chuckling. Most of the Travelers gathered around her and Crash, their laughs and whoops mixed, as Coco hugged Blue tightly. Finally, Moses approached her as the others departed for him to pass. 

They didn’t say a word, but it was clear that their eyes said more than needed. Blue hugged him, who returned the gesture. “Thank you,” he told her. 

For the first time in her life, it felt like an embrace. A hug that she never got to have with her ‘father’, and she relished it greatly. 

“Wait. Where’s your brother?” Gamora asked her. 

With a tearful smile, Blue turned towards the calm ocean. “Don’t worry…he’s made it back…” she replied. 

The guys all sighed in relief as some of the girls clasped their chests. 

“Hold on. So you’re not going with him?” Migo inquired next. 

“I couldn’t. I’ve already found where I belong.” 

They didn’t need to ask what she meant. They cheered once more as some of the guys hugged one another and leaped around. 

When Blue saw Kron, his face was written with guilt. She approached him,  it she barely got to a few steps away from him before he spoke. “Blue…you’re…a truly amazing woman…and a good friend. I’m sorry for doubting you,” he genuinely said. 

Without hesitation, Blue hugged him, taking him by surprise for a moment before nuzzling his head on her back. No words were spoken for a second, the gesture was already enough said. 

Gex’s fake cough brought the short moment to an end. Blue faced Gex, who glanced between her and Crash with his eyebrows wiggling mischievously. “Are we forgetting something here, milady?” He playfully asked her. 

Blue understood and approached Crash with a shy frown. “So, um, Crash, about that kiss...” she began, scratching the back of her head. Her cheeks were coated with pure red. “Uh, it was, uh, the heat of the moment, and, well, I—“ 

A muffled gasp was all she could muster when Crash grabbed her by the front of her shirt and his lips smashed against her pair. 

Nabel and Alli smirked at the two, the older sister folding her arms. Martin and Chris both awed adorably at the sight, while Sam and Dean fist-bumped one another. “Called it,” Peter said, nodding his head. 

The herd and people all ‘aww’-ed at the moment between the two. A few children giggled at them, while Caleb and some other kids gagged playfully. 

Crash pulled away and smirked at Blue’s flustered cheeks and with a dopey smile slowly forming on her face. “I love you, too, Princess,” he chuckled. 

Blue had never believed that she could accomplish all this by helping them get away from a lifetime of misery and loss. But the moment she had found what she had thought she lost so long ago, she understood that it was all true. 


Three years had passed since then. And the times of Mapplebarrow had begun to change. 

For the better. 

When Conner had returned with no sight of Todias, his army, or the Princess, he had to explain to everyone in the kingdom what had happened and why Blue had decided to stay with the runaway slaves and creatures. Even though the princes that had been arranged to marry her had demanded her hand in marriage, Conner had been quick to shut down their demands and stood up for her again as he did before. 

“My sister has made her decision, and we are to respect it,” he had said proudly to the princes and their enraged families. Regardless, they had left with defeated frowns and stomped their way to their carriages for the long rides home. 

Theresa and Angie had wanted nothing more than to find out more about the freed slaves and creatures their beloved Pandora had fled with. Karina, meanwhile, had felt nothing but pride for her love that he was able to find his sister in time before his tyrant of a father could. 

Since then, things changed on a positive note in the kingdom of Mapplebarrow. The law against love between same sexes had been pulled down on the first order the second Conner became king and replaced by the law, in which same sexes and those who had changed genders are welcome to love as they please, as well as those who had been looked down on before because of their gender statuses and sexualities. 

Raiven’s Law is the name of the new law enforced. 

After being trapped in misery and fear for so long under Todias’s reign, the kingdom celebrated that day, and those lovers who had to hide their love out of fear and sadness finally let their love be known to the villagers. 

Conner had wished Blue would be here to see this. 

Even then, he still waited for the days he would be given a letter from her every year. With his beloved Karina by his side as Queen, he had changed the ways his ‘father’ had attempted to enforce on him as the future ruler and brought back prosperity and peace to the place that used to be unsafe for his sister and those like her and Raiven. 

He promised himself to never let those who thought otherwise make him believe the opposite as he sat at his desk looking over documents. Karina stood by his side, occasionally pointing out something he might have missed. 

A maid entered the area with a letter in hand. “Your Majesty,” she bowed her head respectfully. “A letter. From your sister.”

Conner took the letter from the maid after he stood up from his desk and nodded at her. “Thank you.”

Glancing at his wife, he opened the letter and read it. Karina studied the words over his shoulder. 

“Dear brother, 

We are close to the Promised Land. It has been a long journey, but at least it’s worth it in the end. I hope this letter reaches you in perfect condition and time, and I will see you soon. 

Your sister, Blue”

Conner smiled down with a tear streaming down his cheek as he reread the letter. Karina also smiled at him warmly before placing her arm over his shoulder. 

Conner wrapped his free arm around her waist and stared off at the horizon. “I can’t wait to see you again, little sis.”


Blue and Crash, both on their horses, stepped over the hill first and became amazed at the sight in front of them. The Leaders, people, and herd followed behind them. Their eyes grew with wonder and happiness at the place in front of them. 

A river leading from a waterfall over one of the mountains to a large lake, dozens of trees covering the shorelines of the mountains. Green grass was planted across the land. The sun shone on the lake to reveal golden glimmers in the water. 

The Promised Land. 

Their new home place. 

After three years, they found it. 

Aladar and Neera stared at the area with amazement and joy. Moses and Tzipporah, who held a three-year-old Gershom, scanned the valleys while holding hands. 

Blue and Crash looked at one another and smiled before the blue-eyed woman glanced at Nabel and the Leaders. “Welcome home,” she softly said. 

One of the dinosaurs roared in happiness before they are joined by various cheers and joyful cries from the people and herd. They then started towards the Promised Land, a few of them passing the two. 

“Our new home,” Pilo hugged Suri. 

“And it comes with a pool!” Zini exclaimed excitedly. 

With Suri laughing and running beside him, the two young lemurs raced toward the lake, as well as the young kids of the herd. Some elderly people smiled down at the giddy children and walked along with them. 

Blue, Crash, and the leaders are the ones left to view the Promised Land, their new home place. Blue and Crash intertwined their hands together while eyeing the valleys and the people and herd already filling them. 

A long, hard journey, indeed, but they made it. 

They have really made it.