Actions

Work Header

Fate will link your life with mine

Chapter 11: Finding him part 2

Chapter Text

A/N thanks for your reviews and support.

DarkRavie: thanks for your review, my friend.

WhiteElfElder: thanks for your review, my friend. Yep.

...

Chun's phone went off. The man growled, "Shoot. How troublesome. A phone call at a time like this? Hmmm?"

A strange look came over his teacher. The man said happily answering the call, "Wow isn't this Bae- Sungsengnim? What a treat for you to give me a call. What you were just checking to make sure I was still alive? What since the call went through it's fine? Ah... wait..."

His teacher gave several harsh coughs. He said looking serious, "Yes my health suddenly deteriorated you saw how I was the day I was injured. After that day... Yes yes. Of course. I'll see you there."

Harrison was instantly suspicious. The man was a bit of a playboy.

Unsurprising the man said to him, "You know the breathing exercise. Then until Shino returns you will do that. You need to do that every day anyway."

He asked suspicious of the change, "Where are you off to?"

Waving him off Chun said, "You needn't know. Adults have things that kids shouldn't know about after all."

Somehow Harrison didn't believe him. Then again the man was a playboy and he really didn't want to know that side of him. His teacher was a good person if one put aside those things. Without another word to him the man left.

Harrison sat back on the floor as he said to himself, "Well I already learned the breathing exercises. Might as well do them."

The words of his teacher rang through his head. After breathing in deeply as if you were to push that power deep into your abdomen. Continuing to do this and keep his flow in the correct direction was tiring. Nothing worth doing was meant to be easy though.

When he finally came out of it his stomach rumbled. Glancing at the clock he realized it was already nine o'clock. He got too caught up in his training and had forgotten to eat.

He asked Sosul noticing that her attention was on him, "Would you like something to eat?"

Unsurprisingly she quickly turned away. Of course. Fine if she wanted to starve it wasn't his fault. He asked if she wanted something.

A soft voice asked, "Why? Why are you trying so hard to be a person of Murim? All Murim are trash. They contribute absolutely nothing to the human world."

He understood the feeling. Most of the time he felt the same way about the Wizarding world. He believed that both could change. If they had the right leader they could change for the better.

He said turning back to the fridge, "Actually I don't know much about Murim. From what I have learned it reminds me of my home. Full of trash that are caught up in the past. I'm only learning this to protect myself and anything I choose to care about. Even so, I believe that with the right leader both my home and Murim can change. With the right leader, anything can change."

She grumbled out, "That's sophistry! Saying that you want to become stronger to protect. It can't be done. It seems like a nice sentiment. I have no desire to afflict other people. It's only that I need strength something and when the time comes I will abandon myself to save other people! But you think that people who attained strength would do things such as that?! There's a word called Muhyu. Using Mu to Hyu. There are countless hero stories in this world. Do you know why those stories are on everyone's mouth?"

This was the most he had seen her talk since she arrived. More than all the other times combined. To keep the conversation going he shook his head.

She continued quietly, "Because such things as never occur. Humans are selfish beings. Those who put more import on the thorn under one own nail. Then on the countless dying others. That's a human being."

By the end of it, she was having trouble breathing. He was worried about her.

In an effort to calm her he said, "Your pretty smart but let's calm down for a moment. You are having trouble breathing I can tell."

She snapped at him not really listening, "Be more serious when someone's talking to you! After all the pain to say all..."

She let out a gasp. Then she began to cough harshly. A second later she collapsed. He rushed to her side and tried to wake her. When nothing worked he pulled out the phone he had been given by Chun and tried calling the man. The man unsurprisingly didn't pick up the phone. The next person he tried was Shiho. Her number had been given to him just in case something happened. Thankfully she picked up.

When she answered he practically shouted in panic, "Shiho, it's an emergency!"

She asked not sounding the least bit concerned, "Harrison what's wrong?"

He said trying to bury his panic so panic, "It's Sosul! Just now she talked a whole lot! Now she can't breathe properly! I think she may die like this. She can't even answer when I call her name."

He could here the worry in Shiho's voice when she asked, "She talked a lot you say? As a child, she has a ki deficiency. She shouldn't be talking a lot. She should know this. What about Chun Woo? Where is he?"

Rubbing his cheek he said, "Um about that... He left to run some errands. He said that he might not be back until tomorrow. I don't think he has a signal right now."

She said exasperated, "What a useless human being. At a time like this for something like that. Listen carefully, Harrison. There's still one method left. Your ki is ancient. A different kind of ki that isn't normal even to us. To a child with such low energy that might be more effective than feeding her a huandan. Once she's ingested the blood massage her body until she regains consciousness. So that the ki can circulate throughout the body properly. I'll be there soon."

The phone clicked ending their call. So he had to force-feed her his blood. Just great. How in the hell was he supposed to do that? Looking around the kitchen he spied knife block. That would do for the moment.
After grabbing the smallest knife and a towel he went back to Sosul. He cut out the palm of his hand and force-fed her some of his blood.

When some color returned to her face he began to massage her abdomen. After several minutes she opened her eyes and he nearly fainted in relief. When she realized their positions she punched him in the face. The caused him to lose his balance and fall off the bed.

She asked angrily, "What were you doing?"

He replied holding his hands up, "I was just doing what Shiho said. You collapsed. Oh, right I need to get you something to drink."

He gained his feet still keeping a wary eye on Sosul. She looked small but she packed one hell of a punch. The sting of his cheek reminded him of such. He got her milk and handed it to her.

She said snootily, "Hmph. Don't think I have a good opinion of you just because of one good deed. Do you think this has happened once or twice? This kind of thing. I have a good opinion of you just because of one good deed. Do you think this has happened once or twice? This kind of thing. I'm not grateful at all."

Yep, she was just like Malfoy. A stuck-up little brat.

He said knowing how to deal with this and patting her on the head, "Dummy. Such a big pride for such a little kid. I get it. So just take care of your health and don't scare me like that again."

They were startled when the door burst open and a call out resounded the apartment," Is she okay? Little Miss?"

He replied seeing it was Shiho," Ah Shiho. Yes, I followed your instructions and she's a lot better."

Relief passed over her face. She said, "You did well, Harrison. What about that human? Has Chun Woo called yet?"

Before he could answer a no the phone rang. His teacher must have finally gotten in an area with a cell signal. Or he was done with whatever he had been doing. For the man's sake, he hoped it was the latter.

Instead of allowing him to pick up the phone, Shiho grabbed it. When he picked up she screamed. The sound made him cover his ears.

A moment later she was shouting," SAVE ME! DON'T DO THAT! PLEASE!"

Then with all the force of someone from Murim, she slammed the phone down. Then proceeded to yank it from the wall. He was beginning to find out that Shiho as laid back as she was had a scary side.

She said almost to herself, "There that should worry him. How dare he go and abandon his post to go fool around?!"

As an afterthought and with a sense of vindictiveness she said, "It will take him ten minutes to get here."

How in the hell does she know that?