Actions

Work Header

Something's made your eyes go cold

Summary:

A year has passed since Naruto left to train with Chun. After six months of training with he and Chun are given a mission. To complete this mission their bond will be tested. Allies will be met. Enemies will be made.

Chapter 1: Murim part 1

Chapter Text

A/N Welcome back everyone. I guess you all have been waiting long enough for this. Welcome to Something's Made Your Eyes Go Cold. Part 2 of the "Don't Say Goodbye" series.

Please note this will be set in Murim. It is closer to our technology than Naruto was. There will be computers, planes, and other things.

Shioon's/Naruto's POV

It was hard to believe it had been a year since he left the village. At fourteen he stood about five four and weighed 130 pounds. While he was still short and underweight it wasn't nearly as bad as it had been. Real meals was making a difference. His training with his teacher helped as well.

So many things had changed since coming here. Not just his eating habits. He had to learn a whole new language. It had taken him months of practice. Even a year later he still fumbled over his words some.

He went to a school called Nine Dragon High. He started there about six months after coming to Murim. Chun had told him like the shinobi world there were many counties in Murim. For the most part they would stick to this country of Korea. They had too much work to do and not enough time to do it in.

Since coming Chun made many rules for him to follow. It was to not only protect himself but Naruto as well. One rule was that he was never to use shinobi arts here. It would cause a war between the two worlds. Ki attacks were fine as long as there weren't civilians around.

The school had been far different from what he expected. There wasn't any weapons or ki training. It was like the civilian school back home. Instead of learning to fight he was learning math, science, and history. Chun had to work with him a lot to get him up to where he should be for his age.

Now he was fairly confident in his ability to answer questions. If uncomfortable with what he had to wear and his new name. In Murim and the school he was called Shioon Lee a second year middle school student. He wore a white button down shirt with black dress pants. There weren't many places for him to hide his weapons in such attire. So he had to go without.

Most days he sat in class ignoring those around him. There was only one he had become close to. Even then he still kept her at arm's length. Her name was Sae Hee. She had red hair and warm brown eyes. Unlike the other students who ignored him for his stand off attitude she tried to befriend him. It was a lot like when he and Shikamaru became friends.

Currently he was sitting in English class. It was one of the most boring languages he had so far had to learn. He missed Japanese as Chun had called it. The only upside to the class was that Chun taught it.

The screeching of tires outside drew everyone's attention. Naruto stood since he was the closest to the window. What appeared to be some kind of fancy car was, outside. As much as Chun tried to drill the names into his head he just wasn't interested in them.

The woman that came out of the car caught his attention. From his studies with Chun he knew who she was immediately. Shiho was like them. A member of Murim and the Black Forest Defense Group. What in the hell was she doing here? This wasn't her mission. Chun would never call for back up from her. Those two got along like cats and dogs.

Chun asked with a growl, "Lee Shioon what are you looking at? Return to your seat immediately."

Part of him wanted to taunt the man. It would be worth the extra training later. Then again. He looked around at the class. They were in a public setting. If he was disrespectful here he would not like the consequences.

So he replied, "Someone pulled up in a sports car. I wonder why she is here."

There was a fierce growl in return. Not wanting to take his chances he retook his seat. If it affected their mission Chun would tell him.

The rest of the school day passed quickly. Notes were taken. Homework given. It was like the Academy all over again. When it was over he went to the apartment he shared with a woman from the Black Forest Defense.

Since it would be suspicious if he stayed with someone that wasn't a relative he stayed with Ms. Lee. While her entire family had been a part of Murim some even masters of their chosen art. She wasn't technically apart of the world. Instead she gave a place to stay for passing through members of the group. In this case she gave a cover identity for him. Here was Shioon Lee her second cousin looking to finish his schooling after his parents died.

It wasn't like he was getting under her feet or in her way. Ms. Lee was rarely around and always left him money to get something to eat. While it was nice of her it was unnecessary. Chun made sure he was well fed.

The apartment he shared with her was a small two bedroom. Like Ms. Lee he was rarely around. Instead he spent his time in the mountains training by himself. Or he was Chun training. The mountains were the only place he could go to, to practice his jutsu. No one went out there but him so it was the perfect place to practice.

He couldn't meet with Chun today. The man was supposed to go on a date with one of the other teachers. It made him want to strangle the man. They were there for a reason. Which did not include being a pervert. However, mentioning that to said pervert would only get him angry. So he kept his thoughts to himself.

Grabbing the bag with his ninja scrolls in it he left the apartment. First he would run a mile. Then he would get to work on his jutsu.

After hanging his bag on a tree limb he took off down the mountain. His favorite training spot was half way up it. From there you could see anyone who was coming up the mountain. Running up and down from his spot twice was a mile.

It only took him a few moments to do his mile. After almost six months of doing this he barely considered it a warm up. His bag he found exactly where he left it.

After doing a through but quick search of the area he found it clear of people. Pulling out the scroll that held his sword he put only the bare minimum amount of chakra into it. His sword appeared with a small pop. Once he had his sword belted across his shoulder he set a timer for an hour.

Focusing as he brought his left hand up, he said, "Shadow Clone Jutsu."

Four clones of himself appeared. Each of them held a sword in their hands. First he would train in swordsmanship. Then he would move onto jutsu.

Taking a deep breath he got into the first kata for the reverse Murim style. It was unique from any other sword style he had come across. Murim style was similar to Hayate's own style and that of the Crescent Moon Dance. Reverse style focused mainly on defensive tactics. Instead of going after the opponent with strikes. One defended themselves against the strikes. Waiting for the moment an opening appeared. When the opening appeared one performed the lightning draw technique.

"If performed correctly no one would even see you draw your sword. Takeshi was a master of this technique. This was something even six months later he couldn't do. Shioon had mastered all other aspects of this technique. Just not the lightning draw.

Silently he ordered the two clones to attack him. Without question they attacked him. Various techniques were used. Dance of the Crescent Moon was the favored.

He was allowed to draw his sword to deflect attacks. To attack himself he had to use the lightning draw. Which was frustratingly eluding him. Even by the time the hour was up all he had to show for his training was a torn shirt.

Breathing hard he remade the seal on the scroll. Then he replaced the sword in it. It was time to learn jutsu. Shioon's next objective was to practice his jutsu.

It was interrupted by the sound of his phone. Not again. Somehow Chun always had a way of interrupting his trainings. That and he was the only one that had his number.

Opening his bag he pulled out his phone and snapped, "Yes?"

Chun's tired voice said, "Kid I need you back at my apartment. We may have a lead on the mission."

That was the best news he had since they were assigned to this mission. If they completed it soon maybe he would get some more training. Takeshi promised him more swordsmanship training. Something he was looking forward to. The other blond might have been a slave driver but Shioon had learned a lot from him. Skills he could use both in Murim and in the Shinobi world.

He responded picking his bag up, "I'll be there as soon as I can."

There wasn't a response. Instead the line clicked as Chun hung up. Shoving the phone on the pocket of his jeans he ran down the mountain. If he had been a lesser person he would have stumbled. Shioon had been running these mountains enough that he didn't have a problem running straight down.

From there he took a bus to Chun's apartment. The building was tucked in a street corner. There were always people hanging outside it. Today though it seemed someone scared them off. He would bet good money that it was Chun who did it.

Taking the steps two at a time he climbed to the third floor. That's where Chun's apartment was. Using the key he had been given he unlocked the door. Chun and Shiho were standing in the living room arguing. It seemed all was normal still. If those two weren't arguing the world was ending.

He greeted as he came into the living room, "Sunsengnim. Miss Shiho. You two still trying to kill each other?"

Chun snapped, "Brat."

He grinned cheekily but his attention was drawn to Shiho as she began to speak, "We have a tip that the Sun Woo clan is going to try and steal their princess back. Alone they won't be able to succeed. The Torrent clan is too powerful for them to take on alone."

Shioon said considering it, "When they make their move we will have to be ready. We will need a driver. Torrent clan are well known for using their motorcycles."

Shiho nodded as she replied, "I've already called one of the best. He should be here any day. Shioon do you think you can handle this? We are going up against one of the best in Murim. Torrent clan's leader specifically. He's one of the four supernovas."

Shioon choked on air. What the fuck? They were going up against one of the four supernovas?! One of those guys could go toe to toe with his teacher.

Chun said snapping at him slightly, "It's not like you're going to be fighting him alone kid. I'll be there with you. All you will be required to do is protect the girl. Do you understand me, Shioon?"

Shioon took a deep breath to calm himself. Then he replied confidently, "Yes, Sunsengnim."

A/N Thanks to Sultry voice for betaing the fic.