Actions

Work Header

Heaven's fall

Chapter 28: Lighting Tiger

Chapter Text

A/N thanks for your reviews and support. Final chapter. There will be a sequel, Leap of Faith

WhiteElfElder: thanks for your review my friend. I should say it is just to spite your ability to predict. Sadly that doesn't fit with what I have planned. As for the one who stopped Harrison. The watcher decided to step in rather than stay in the shadows.

Harrison's POV

Not being quiet conscious he could hear people around him. A familiar but implacable voice said, "This is him."

A male voice snapped back, "This is him? This twerp? A stray breeze could knock him over."

Is this a dream? What was happening?

The first voice said, "I'll vouch for him. This kid's spirit is at Goomoonryong's level."

Then it faded back into the blackness of before. The next time he became aware everything hurt.

He croaked painfully trying to discern his location, "Where?"

Trying to sit up there was an excruciating pain in his abdomen. In the exact place where he was center was.

Harrison tried to remember what happened. All he remembered was jumping in front of Chun. Then hitting the ground. After that there was nothing but pain.

What happened? Where was his teacher?

Looking to the side he found his father asleep in a chair. The woman who practically adopted him was asleep uncomfortably laying on the bed.

He croaked out, "Father? Mom?"

Both of the adults started. The woman who was the closest thing to a mother he had ran to find a doctor. His father was moved to stand by his side. His father glamoured his eyes into their original blue.

Harrison asked unsure, "What happened to me?"

His father sighed, "Officially you were in an auto accident. Unofficially the fight at Koa tower left your ki center destroyed. I was only told this after I proved that I was your father and a wizard. What were you thinking Harrison?"

Before he could answer it felt as if all the strength left his body. He collapsed back onto the bed under him.

What just happened? Was this side effect to losing his ki center?

A moment later a nurse came in. He was helped onto a stretcher. The worry in his father's eyes was not something he was used to.

Questions formed in his mind. How did he get here? How long was he unconscious? How did his ki center break? Where was his teacher?

Harrison asked, "Nurse do you know how I got here?"

She said shortly, "An ambulance. You were lucky they brought you in when they did. Otherwise we would not be having this conversation. Dont worry the physical will be over before you know it."

They passed a man in a lab coat. It immediately set Harrison on edge. He didn't feel like a doctor.

Just as his bed finished passing the man lunged. Before he could even blink Harrison found himself on the ground with a thump.

"Tch. Not a regular nurse then."

His nurse snarked back, "And you are not a regular doctor. Leave now before the Alliance comes. He is under their protection now."

"You can't just let him live! He's that bastard's disciple. He killed my master!"

An icy voice said from behind them, "I would think very carefully about what you are going to do. If you lay a hand on my son you will lose it."

Harrison looked over his shoulder to see his father standing directly behind him. His eyes were no longer glamoured blue but a blazing red. In the time he had known the man he had never seen such anger.

A calm voice said as a familiar silver haired man rounded the corner, "You need to restrain that quick temper of yours, Marvolo."

Gangsung stood there watching with a cold look. The nurse greeted, "Welcome Gangsung de Hung."

The man dismissed, "Why don't you take Lord Slytherin back with you. I have some things to discuss with the boy."

The nurse bowed lowly before grabbing the attacker. Marvolo left with a look over his shoulder. Harrison for his part allowed Gangsung to help him to his feet and over to a bench.

:How long had he been watching?: he questioned.

Come to think of it. This was the same man that chased him in the rain. The one that he had been defeated by. Out of all his chasers this was the only one who treated him like an actual person.

Once they were both sitting Gangsung inquired, "Are you feeling well, Lee Shioon?"

"Yes sir," he answered startled from his observations.

Gangsung sighed, "I told your mother that you were in accident. Your father however I couldn't lie to. If we had known you were a wizard we would have called the aurors. There is a treaty between us and wizards. It hasn't been invoked in nearly a century."

Harrison asked needing to know, "What happened? I dont remember anything after being shot."

Instead of answering directly Gangsung inquired, "Can I take your pulse?"

Warm hands took his wrist two fingers touched his pulse point. After a moment he said, "Its just as I thought. Your center is destroyed by an unknown assailant. When you took those bullets for your teacher you collapsed. Then miraculously you got up. Only it wasn't so miraculous. You crossed one of the most dangerous thresholds in our world. The Black Origin Threshold. A man who looked like he could be Goomoonryong's brother stopped you when no one else could get close. Lightning ki came off of you in waves. He destroyed your ki center in a single attack then disappeared back into the night."

"I dont understand," he stated trying to make sense of it.

"You dont get it! That man likely from the same Organization as your master tried to kill you! If the treatment had been even a little later you would have died."

"Sungsengnim wouldn't have done that," he snarled, "He believed in me when no one else did! Without my teacher I would have died months ago. Or I would still be the coward I was before."

Gangsung sighed, "Whatever you choose to believe is up to you. Except, that it is regrettable that someone with such potential will never again practice martial arts. You should put these last events as nothing more than a dream. When your body recovers you wont have any trouble living your live as a normal person."

After that Gangsung left him there. A nurse came by and took him back to his room. His father tried to speak to him but Harrison ignored him. There was no way this was it. There had to be a way to fix his center.

For two days he completely shut himself down. He couldn't find anything inside. The ki that burned within him before was gone. Though a burning sensation remained he could not grasp at it as before.

On the second day they found out his magical core was in a bad shape too. Without his ki center there was nothing to protect it. It had been damaged badly in the fight. The healers said it would be unlikely that he would ever use magic again.

On the third night he went up to the roof. His thoughts were confused by everything.

A voice said from above him, "It looks like you have something on you mind. I was worried about you Lee Shioon. But you look better than I thought."

Harrison would forever deny the half yell half scream that came from him. Mun Gai stood behind him and immediately rushed to quieten him.

He whispered, "Don't do that now. This place is crawling with Murim alliance members. Now tell me kid, what the issue is."

Mun Gai didn't have to come to him but he did. So Harrison told him everything. The orc man sat against the wall drinking beer as he listened.

Mun Gai let out a large burp as he finished a beer, "You sure you don't want one kid?"

Harrison snapped, "No I dont want one! I'm under age! And who brings beer visiting someone in the hospital!"

"What happened that night was done for your sake. I know who broke your ki center. Goomoonryong left you behind because his leader would kill you for being useless. The one who broke your center is know as the Lightning Tiger. He is your polar opposite. A Heavenly Paths Master and an activated one at that. He could have killed everyone there including your master. Instead he broke your center and left. There is more in the works now than ever. You need to watch your back. Your master has likely left you something behind. That's just the way things are between master and disciple. Find it and you will find your answers. Now that I have seen you I'm off."

Wait he wasn't going to?! Sure enough the man jumped off the edge of the roof. That man really was an orc. No way a human could survive that.

A new unfamiliar voice said, "Well Mun Gai got one thing right. Check your phone when you get it back. You might just be surprised."

Harrison swung around to come face go face with a man. Gangsung's words stuck in his head.

"A man who looked like he could be Goomoonryong's brother."

If he didn't know any better then he would say this man was his teacher. The icyness of his gaze wasn't the same however. This had to be the Lightning Tiger.

Harrison snarled, "Come to finish the job?!"

The man barked out, "Boy if I wanted you dead you would be. Even your protector wouldn't have been able to stop me."

Harrison deflated. That was probably true. Then again what was the point of living. His father was already making arrangements for him to live comfortably here. In the eyes of the Wizarding World he was a squib.

The man said softly, "They aren't broken you know. I wouldn't have done that to you. Even if you are a Guardian. They are just in stasis. You can learn magic and martial arts still."

Wait? What?!

Before he could start asking questions the man held up a hand. Harrison calmed waiting for an explanation. It wasn't what he was expecting at all.

"Elemental ki masters like myself only take a student before they die. Despite everything I have showed in the last few days I am dying. My ki center was damaged in a fight with another Heavenly Paths Master. I have chosen you as my disciple."

Harrison questioned his green eyes narrowing, "Why me?"

"Because you have struggled to find acceptance. You fought for your master despite only knowing him for a month. I cant promise you an easy life. What I can promise is that you will become stronger than any Guardian before you. You will be able to protect those you care about. When the day comes and Goomoonryong returns you will be able to stand by his side once more."

Sungsengnim... if there was even a chance to stand by his teacher's side once more he would take it. Even if he had to sell his soul to do so.

Taking a deep breath he said, "I'll do it."

From there they worked out that once he was released from the hospital they would meet at the park near uis apartment. Training would start there. Unlike with Chun he would have to go to school and live his life like a normal person. At least until they were ready to reveal his center was active again.

Yoochun as the man was called would teach him how to slow his ki down to negligible speed. It would fool most of the masters of Murim but he shouldn't let them get too close.

It wasn't until three more days had passed that he was finally released. Then it was another two before he could go to school.

Two days back at school and he still had yet to see the Heaven Paths Master. Harrison was beginning to think that it was all a joke.

As school was finishing up on his second day he heard, "There's a whole pack of luxury sedans outside. Do you think it's the mafia?"

Harrison kept his head down. This wasn't his problem.

Ever since word had gotten out that he knocked out Chang Ho students were challenging him left and right. It was hard to get any peace.

As soon as the bell rang he was out of the classroom and into the hall. He had to make it outside before he got caught by the newest set of bullies. He didn't want to fight anyone especially normal people. It would draw too much attention to him.

The moment he got to the gate someone yelled, "It's him!"

Figures in nice dress suits came out of the sedans. There had to be at least three or four dozen people. Harrison got the strangest feeling that they were Murim. Even though he was told he would be left alone from now on.

Every single person crossed their hands in front of them and bowed deeply. As one they said, "We, the Retainers of the Sunwoo clan, pay our respects to the new Clan Head!"

Come again? They had to have the wrong person. There was no way he was the new clan head.

"Did we surprise you," came the soft question from behind him. That voice was familiar but far softer than he remembered it being in their last encounter.

He turned to find Gyu Bum standing behind him. What in the hell was he doing there?

The man said with a fox like grin, "Forgive us. We decided to come in force today, since everyone wanted to pay their respects."

The bullies who had been following him couldn't have left faster if they apparated. It was funny to watch and he was grateful for the help.

Harrison said not meeting the other's eyes, "Not that I'm not grateful for your help but I think you have the wrong person. I'm..."

Gyu Bum interrupted with a small smile tugging at his lips, "No. I'm a here to meet Goomoonryong's disciple. That person is indeed Lee Shioon. Now then shall we go?"

"Go where?"

Gyu Bum bowed again as he replied, "To the new world of Murim that awaits you Shioon-nim."

"Hell no!"

Luna's POV

Tears were streaming down here face as she sat straight up in her bed at the manor. It felt as if her heart was going to burst from her chest. That had most certainly been a vision of the future. If the intensity of it was any indication a near one at that.

Xenophilius Lovegood her father was already in the room. As she was a seer he was an empath. No doubt he had felt her fear.

He asked making sure she recognized him, "Luna? What happened? Did you see something?"

She nodded wiping away the tears that kept coming, "I did. It gave off a terrible feeling but I'm not sure what it means."

He sat on her bed and motioned for her to tell him and so she did, "I saw a wolf with a phoenix medallion hanging from its neck. Its fur was as dark as night. At first it was battling with a tiger for dominance. Then the vision shifted the same wolf was stronger now. Streaks of blue came off it almost like lightning. This time it was battling with a black dragon. They were trying to kill each other. One for revenge. The other for defense."

Her hands shook. She could vividly remember the pain in the wolf's eyes. The sense of betrayal.

Her father gently inquired, "And then what?"

She replied her gaze glazed over, "A black wolf, a black snake, a red dragon, and a white tiger all fighting," it could only be described as war, "Daddy I think something terrible is going to happen."

Series this work belongs to: