Actions

Work Header

Past's pain

Summary:

Teito never overheard Ayanami talking about the eye. He is inducted into the Black Hawks. He slowly comes to trust both his superior and the strange major that has taken an interest in him.

He has to carefully hide his abilities of the vessel of the Guardian of the forest. But when an old enemy attacks them while on a mission he has to make a decision. Save the ship or die.

Chapter Text

Ayanami's POV

He was in Miroku's office along with a handful of the higher ranking officers. They were discussing the cadets graduation exam that had taken place  the day before. Specifically the cadet that most people thought would fail.

Teito Klien. The boy was skilled in using Zyphon but he was soft. He wasn't willing to kill like he should. Whoever received him as their subordinate would have to break that.  Then there was the brief glimpse of a tattoo he had seen during the battle on the boy's right wrist. He was almost completely sure it was that of a wolf. He also knew the boy didn't have it years ago when they first brought him to the military academy. Such marking were taken note of.

He almost missed his name by Miroku he was so lost in his own thoughts. He gave his superior a questioning glance. His superior said," Chief of Staff Ayanami I am assigning Teito Klien to be your Begleiter."

Of course he is. That's also when he noticed two of his subordinates had decided to go off on their own. Again. :Hyuuga if you are off causing trouble again I will skewer you.: he thought viciously.

Normally the Black Hawks followed him everywhere. Major Hyuuga in particular rarely left him alone. That man was like a child on too much sugar. The only time that man left his side was when he was causing trouble.

Luckily for him Miroku dismissed them after assigning other begleiters to their commanding officers. That left him to round up his stray subordinates and his new one. Konatsu was with him so Hyuuga couldn't be getting into that big of trouble. Right?

Teito's POV

Today was definitely not his day. First Chun had shown up unexpectedly telling him that he was leaving. That hurt because the man was supposed to be his teacher. He had spent the last month teaching him how to use his ki. Chun was supposed to stay at least another few weeks.

Then there was this guy who attacked him out of nowhere. He didn't recognize the man but his uniform showed him to be a Major. Then there was the man's subordinate. He was watching the fight if you could call it that. The man kept attacking him with his sword. Teito had a sword belted across his side but he hadn't had the chance to draw it yet. The man kept attacking him never giving him the chance to draw his blade.

The man had good timing though. Teito was still wearing his ki gloves and they helped him use his ki without damaging his hands. They would also protect his hands against swords. He blocked the man's sword swing. If it had landed he would have lost his arm.

The glove blocked the blade but the force of the attack damaged the bones in his hand. He grunted in pain but brought back his left hand and matching the ki flow in his arm. He extended his arm to punch the man in his stomach and he felt the tale tale explosion in front of his hand.

Instead of landing though it hit something hard. Looking down he saw it had hit the sheath of someone's sword. He drew back and jumped away from the person. Looking up he saw the silver haired man from the day before. The one that had killed the prisoner.

As if ignoring him the man turned and said," Hyuuga stop. Why are you attacking this child?"

Teito said angrily," I am no child, sir. I passed my graduation exam."

The man gave him a cold look as he said," I know that boy. Teito Klien I am Chief of Staff Ayanami. You are my begleiter."

Teito blinked at him for a moment then snapped to an attention. He said," Yes, sir. My apologies Chief of Staff."

Ayanami stared at him for a moment before nodding. He said," Go to your room and pack your things immediately. We will leave as soon as you are done."

He watched as the man left wondering how in the hell he got put with that man. He quickly made his way to the room he shared with Mikage. The blond haired boy was laying on the bottom bunk that was his bed. He smiled immediately when he saw his only friend.

His smile fell when he remembered why he was there. Mikage sat up and asked," What's wrong Teito?"

He said not looking at his friend," I've been reassigned. I have to leave immediately."

Mikage asked calmly," Where have you been assigned to?"

He said taking a deep breath," I have been assigned to the Black Hawks. Specifically to Chief of Staff Ayanami."

He had never seen his friends eyes go so wide. To be assigned to such a unit right out of the Academy. It was unheard of. Teito had packed his bag the previous evening. He pulled it out checking the bag to be sure that the jacket he had made was in it.

Mikage held out his closed fist the same way he had last night. Teito bumped it with his own and said," If you need me, Mikage, all you have to is call."

Mikage grinned and said," Same. We won't know where I'll be but if you need me just call. You are my best friend now and forever."

Teito smiled softly at his friend and he slung his bag over his shoulder. It was time for him to go. With one last look at his friend he left the room.

He made his way out of the building to Miroku's room. He knocked and waited for his guardian to grant him permission to enter. After a moment the cold voice from the other side said," Enter."

He walked in and saluted. His eyes stayed directly on the Chairman but in his peripheral vision he could see Ayanami. Well great he had hoped to avoid the man for a few more moments. Oh well. He turned slightly to salute the man as custom dictated.

Miroku said waving him to come further in," Come in Teito. I see you are packed and ready to leave. Do you have any questions before you leave for your first assignment?"

Teito shook his head and said," No, sir."

The chairman seemed to consider him for a moment longer before he said," Then you are both dismissed. I expect great things from you Teito. Be sure you don't disappoint."

That last sentence was said as Teito and Ayanami were crossing the doorway.